Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Aqua Allegoria Lavande Velours Guerlain for women and men

Aqua Allegoria Lavande Velours Guerlain for women and men
dislike

Aqua Allegoria Lavande Velours Guerlain for women and men Pictures

Lavande Velours is a harmonious alliance of lavender and violet, followed by refined notes of iris, sandalwood and vanilla in powdery trace. It was created in 1999.

Eau de toilette line Aqua Allegoria is a fragrant fantasy, like taking a walk in the garden, and which garden it is depends on the main note of the composition, while all the other components are there to accentuate its beauty. Aqua Allegoria eau de toilettes are created mainly for women, although, some of them might as well be used by men. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Paul Guerlain.

iris Lavender Violet

Sandalwood Vanilla

Les Exclusifs de Chanel Jersey

Aqua Allegoria Lavande Velours Fragrance Reviews

karola12345
karola12345

Very comforting lavander perfume. The drydown reminds me of Aprés l'Ondée.

Discontinued. It was so lovely!

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Next to Yardley's English Lavender, this is the truest rendition of a lavender perfume I have smelled. It is crisp and dry. There is an underlying bite to it which I can't put down to any of the other listed notes. I certainly don't get any violet. I picked it up for an absolute bargain on ebay and am extremely happy to have it in my collection. No reason why a man should not wear this. Personally I am going to enjoy it most in hot weather and for soothing me to sleep.

ginadantas
ginadantas

Great! I got to try this one. Maybe my search for the perfect lavender scent will finally finish!

tanaligato
tanaligato

Absolut lavender, at least in my skin. I can smell violet about an hour after spraying it, but lavender still dominates the overall sensation until I shower again.

And it's a sharp, almost savage lavender, so I would really love this on a man.

Lavande Velours and Anisia Bella are the most long lasting of the whole Aqua Allegoria collection.

persefoni
persefoni

This one and Gris Clair by Lutens are the truest lavenders i've smelled, and i've used them both faithfully !! I would by no means call Lavande Velours a flowery perfume!! It would also be an excellent choice for those gents who love true lavender!

It is deep, extremely warm and very strong. It gets milder after the first half hour, due perhaps to the iris and violet, and sandalwood gives it an earthiness, a woodsy base that prevents it from getting flowery. Magnifique!

Gris clair is softer, equally long lasting but for those days when i need a soft veil to soothe migraine.. Equally magnificent perfume!

It goes without saying that both are for lavender lovers - period!

EnPassant
EnPassant

... First hours... I only got violet, violet and violet! Could be the juice of my bottle? ...or... Could be my nose?
...After 2-3 hours I finally could smell the lavender (and goes on and on for hours). The drydown is very pleasant and powdery (in a nice way).
Longevity is much much better than I was expecting...
For me, this EDT is simply beautiful and can be resumed in two words: Violet Lavender.
I like very much!!!

soulflwr
soulflwr

This smells like lavender essential oil and water with something green underneath, perhaps it's the violet. Idk but I'd rather just put some plain old lavender essential oil into some water use that as a body spray, just my opinion.

Yeah, not a fan of this.

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

I agree with the reviewer here who said that the violet and powdery iris notes are dominating the lavender:) so that is probably why I love it soo much! The opening gives a big lavender cloud but that really disappears fast and gives way to the gorgeous violet , wonderful fragrance ..I had to find a full bottle of that immediately after my sample:) one of the very best Guerlain AA's to me

shinewin
shinewin

I just got this in the mail. The scent is definitely very floral and green. No sweetness but it's not bitter neither which i like. I dont like bitter scent which smell like i'm wearing medicine.
Very strong with a lingering scent and it smell as if the flowers were right under my nose. I smell the floral notes first then the sandalwood second. Very little vanilla which it's not sweet like other fragrance. The floral noted last a good 4 hours, then it lighten and you can smell more of the sandalwoods. This is also my first niche fragrance, so it's a good introduction which makes me more excited to tried more niches from now on.

Miss Guerlain
Miss Guerlain

It's one of the most elegant refind lavendel-scents I've tried. Powdery & yum. Very calmingly sensual.

Yamba1
Yamba1

This is a lovely fragrance but I have to say I am slightly disappointed. I was looking for quite a linear lavender fragrance. For me, this does not quite deliver. The opening is unadulterated lavender. Oh joy!! Instant relaxation, and I can feel myself beginning to unwind. Then, sadly the violets note dominates. This in itself is really lovely, and very reminiscent of Balenciaga Paris which I currently adore. However, I wasn't wanting this from Lavande Velours so now I'm a little I'm sad...

Sissi
Sissi

This is pure Lavender at it's fineset
Lavender is known for Positive qualities
like releaving insect bites headaches
and insomnia and it's calming. to me
this is more up lifting then calming
so i don't agree with the calming aspect
of Lavender.
At first 10 minutes lavender drowns out
the other notes the drydown is an a little dissapointing because it's very
hard to detect the other notes mainly
for the dominace of Lavander but i do smell a faint vanilla note but that's
all.

mymlan
mymlan

I do love this fragrance, but I do also agree that it is close to perfect for the linen cupboard as well, especially the first ten minutes.

From the first spritz a very strong lavender note dominates the scene. I can hardly find any other notes than soapy lavender for a long time. First after ten minutes it actually becomes wearable as a fragrance on my skin and I can detect the violet and some powder from the iris. Still there is some green acridness in the scent, like not only the petals from the lavender was used, but also branches, twigs and leafs were grinded down into it.

But a bit later, when the basenotes enters the scene it becomes a well-balanced beauty from the vanilla and silky powdery sandalwood. Now it is a really really pleasant fragrance.

I find it a bit hard to use for work and social events, but what's wrong with a multi purpose fragrance? As I also love wearing certain fragrances on my own I can se myself wearing it at home, while I'm gardening, on my pillow for a good nights sleep and on my new washed mangled sheets. I love fragrances with aroma therapeutic qualities and Lavande Velours is now one of them. My social lavender fragrance is still Galliano.

Aqua Allegoria LAVANDE VELOURS, as its name promises, offers a thick blanket of lavender. Lavender lovers will rejoice in the presence of this scent, which is strong without being overwhelming. But this is really all about lavender, moderated only slightly by violet, iris, and vanilla.

Although it is a full-fledged edt, I sometimes spray LAVANDE VELOURS on my pillow before going to sleep for very sweet dreams. (It also seems to calm my cat, who has superior powers of olfaction...) I awaken in the morning to find myself still cradled in lush lavender.

Lavender serves another functional purpose as well: it fends off mosquitoes without poisoning the wearer. Be sure to take a heavily lavender-laden spray such as LAVANDE VELOURS with you on your next trip to Africa!

Wim Janssens
Wim Janssens

This is a lovely "Allegoria", but most of them are only in the running for a short period. The Collection to big to keep all the Allegorias in collection. This one is from 1999, we are ten years furter now. It's a dynamic changing collection. If you look on the web you can often find some editions still!

bonastanzi
bonastanzi

The violet (especially) and iris come through much more than the lavender on me, lovely and powdery and so feminine. Yet another favorite of mine from the Aqua Allegoria series.

Eros
Eros

No, not "for men". A bit "soapy" (because Lavande), but everything I wrote about this great "Aqua Allegiria" serie remains the same.
Amazingly - they intended to and can be MIXED within this serie (21 total) by yourself, producing exotic absolutely unique scents.

FUELedbyCHAOS
FUELedbyCHAOS

Smells hideous on the skin. I can't give it away. Even worse as a bathroom spray.

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

Lavande Velours smells just like Yardley's Lavender hand soap to me. This would be better as a linen spray or as a drawer sachet. This isn't something I really want my skin to smell like. On the plus side if you like this it lasts quite a long time. I wanted to love this because of the beautiful lavender box it came in.

Aqua Allegoria Lavande Velours by Guerlain 3.93 out of 5 based on 96 ratings and 20 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Lavande Velours fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Lavande Velours, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aqua Allegoria Lavande Velours by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aqua Allegoria Lavande Velours by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.