Designers » F-H » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic Guerlain for women
dislike

I have it: 456 I had it: 108 I want it: 365 My signature: 12

Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic Guerlain for women Pictures

Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic by Guerlain is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women. Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Marie Salamagne. Top notes are clementine, orange blossom, ivy, green tea and bitter orange; middle notes are peony, chamomile, mandarin orange and basil; base notes are sandalwood and amber.

Clementine Orange Blossom Ivy Green Tea Bitter Orange

Peony Chamomile Mandarin Orange Basil

Sandalwood Amber

4711 Acqua Colonia Blood Orange & Basil
Eau des Jardins

Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic Fragrance Reviews

username101
username101

The mandarine/citrus note is delicious but there's something slightly reminiscent of men's cologne.

Wonderful mandarin basil combo, fresh and very comforting. If you need a scent that would help you relax, you should really try this one!

sodiumsugar
sodiumsugar

I usually prefer heavier, "cold weather" fragrances, but lately I've been searching for something lighter. Mandarine Basilic's initial notes of citrus are lifelike, but not overly so, as I've experienced with Atelier Orange Sanguine, and the brightness of the mandarin is balanced out by the herbaceous, slightly spicy notes of basil and ivy.

What disappoints me is that the citrus notes disappear within twenty minutes, while on paper they held for much longer. The fact that my skin devours citrus notes like no other is catching on as I'm exploring more with fragrances, and after those twenty minutes I'm faced with a skin scent of basil and ivy, along with a woodsy note. Despite this, Mandarine Basilic smells like the summer fragrance I've been looking for: crisp and fresh yet still with an air of sophistication, delicious and mouthwatering without being candy-like. It's full bottle worthy for me.

blue_belle
blue_belle

This is quickly becoming my favorite summer scent because of the amazingly true-to-life basil! It smells exactly like fresh-picked herbs without being grassy. The mandarin actually takes a back seat to the basil at first, but once it's settled down they balance each other perfectly. It's simple and clean and perfect for a hot day.

My only complaint is that it fades after about five hours, but that gives me an excuse to spray it and immerse myself again! :)

katushka37
katushka37

It was a blind buy but based on reviews I knew I would like it! I am extremely happy with this scent, it smells very natural and uplifting.

Imagine oranges that haven't quite ripened yet but still radiate gorgeous aroma. They are green and slightly sour. This is what this perfume smells like to me at first! As it settles on my skin I get hints of basil and herbs too but they just mellow the sweetness the orange. I get powdery hints of camomile too which adds another interesting dimention to this perfume.

Sylvie-Aus
Sylvie-Aus

Aqua Allegoria collection has been a part of my life since it's creation !
I love" Natural" scents, I am so pleased this Guerlain "hidden side" became available outside of France with an increase popularity.
Those fragrances seemed so easy to identify, clean, familiar, a beautiful natural citrus. It is as peeling a mandarine ! BUT ...
Then again, I found myself keep on sniffing , curious, intrigued , slowly realising , I am exploring a scent never experienced before !
Thanks to Guerlain and this particular Aqua Allegoria collection, whom took my "odorat" with subtlety into the wonders of a true "parfumeur", a lesson on the "art of scent" !
Yep, Mandarine and some basil and as many reviews mentioned, BUT ! With a " je ne sais quoi ", it is sweet ? Camomile ? Herbs ? Someone mention tomatoes , could it be yummy with a twist ? Garlic ? Someone else mentioned Italie ? We do eat basil, tomatoes and garlic covered with a dash of olive oil on a fuchsia in Provence and Italie ! It's delicious ! So, Now, here the question ! What happened to the mandarine ?
Hard to pin those exact words, for a scent as familiar as a mandarine, isn't it.
Well, I hope I made my point across in here, but that is how I experience those fragrances and over the years I enjoyed them greatly.

KaseyC
KaseyC

I bought this one just because I saw some people claim it is a better quality version of 4711 Acqua Colonia Blood Orange & Basil. After testing, I cannot say which one is better. To me, they are both orange-y scents but they smell quite different from each other. Mandarine Basilic is more herbal, spicy and aromatic. Blood Orange & Basil is more fruity and uplifting. The spicy leafy aromatic effect brought by this cologne is very different from the floral aromatic one (like lavender). The scent of this cologne may be nice to many but it is not my favorite type of summer scents. As expected, it does not last at all. 3 hours on me.

I still love this one, both the scent and memories, but I smelled a tester in a shop and it seems different. Did they reformulate or maybe my nose has changed?
It smells a little less sweet and more herbal with a note that smells like rosemary.

vsanthony
vsanthony

Oh dear. This does terrible things on my skin. All I can say is, it makes me think of a sweaty middle-aged man with a dark mustache, wearing yesterday's clothes...

I was very much turned off from the Guerlain Aqua Allegoria series (and, truth be told, Guerlain more generally) after trying two of the 2009 launches, Cherry Blossom and Tiare Mimosa. Since then I've pretty much avoided this house.

Scrounging about Sephora a couple of days ago in search of something interesting to test (paradoxically, the pickings are getting slimmer and slimmer as the launches proliferate...), I happened upon a bottle of Mandarine Basilic, which was apparently launched way back in 2007. That's seven years later than my favorites from the original AA series, but I figured I'd give it a chance, even though it, too, has probably by now been reformulated.

Mandarine Basilic intrigued me in part because I love a juicy citrus scent, but I also appreciate a good green basil note in perfume. In this composition, the orange citrus absolutely dominates, reminding me a bit of the Pamplelune entry in this series (though that one is grapefruit, the timbre of the citrus is similar to my nose), and also a bit of the orangey-orange of Bond no 9 Little Italy.

This fragrance, however, unlike the Bond no 9 orange festival, is much less sweet. It's less candied orange and more of an orange zest scent. Mandarin or Satsuma? Not sure, but this citrus scent is fresh and clean smelling--perfect for summertime. I do not smell the basil, per se, but perhaps it is moderating the sweetness a touch? To me the scent becomes nearly soapy by the drydown, but never really green.

Lana148
Lana148

To me, this is an instant happiness in a bottle! Love, love this scent! One of my favorites.

Probably the best realistic, feminine citrus blend out there. You get exactly what the name of the fragrance claims to be - mandarin & basil. Real, juicy, sparkly mandarin and bitter basil.

Perfect for summer or tropical vacation.

Sharkington
Sharkington

This is one of the best citrus fragrances I have ever sprayed and I honestly can't stop sniffing myself when I have it on. The initial scent is bitter orange and mandarine - followed by the greener notes, ivy and basil. The bitter orange is definitely prominent, but does not detract from the sweetness of this perfume. It smells fresh, crisp, and airy. The basil, Ivy, and green tea really work well with the citrus and adds an elegance that citrus alone can't accomplish. If you love citrusy, fresh scents, you will love this one! If you aren't crazy about them, I still recommend sampling it anyway. It is so lovely; I can't find a thing about it I don't like.

brickbishop
brickbishop

There has never been a better summer fragrance than this - amazingly long lasting- the scent starts off on my skin as a handful of wildflowers, peonies, and the smell of green tea and then the Blood Orange/Mandarin/Clementine quickly takes over to bloom in to an amazing climax hours later with the basil adding the right herby finish. THE go-to fragrance for every day even in the humidity of New Orleans during our long summers. A jewel in Guerlain's crown for sure.

Phantosmia Bella
Phantosmia Bella

Wow! This is an amazing summer scent.
A perfect concoction of orangy mandarine and yummy basil.

This is so fresh, so happy and bright.
One of my favourites for summer.

Longevity is moderate and so is the sillage.

patxaran
patxaran

Received a sample of this from dear Mary-Jane. It does remind me a little of "Blood Orange & Basil" by 4711 BUT Mandarine Basilic sings in a contralto voice while 4711's offering comes across as a soprano. The Aqua Allegoria once again presents a realistic, warts and all, picture of a natural phenomenon, in this case a citrus fruit with a bouquet of basil. You know, that moment when you peel a mandarine (or clementine, I get them mixed up) and realize you should have bought the premium range or not left them so long in your fruit basket... because once you bite into the first segment you realize somehow the taste is slightly waxy and dull and it's not as crispy as you hoped for. I do not find this Aqua Allegoria unpleasant at all, but I am trying to describe how the mandarine is represented here. It is super-realistic, so if you genuinely like eating mandarins you will likely love this perfume. in comparison, the blood orange note in Blood Orange & Basil is much more tart and the whole composition is more perfumey and cologne like albeit with a superior lasting power. As I am not much of a mandarine lover I am happy with my bottle of 4711 but if you like mandarins you should definitely sample the Guerlain fragrance if you can.

Fmcandy
Fmcandy

I love heavy scents, which I have but sometimes I need fresh airy crispy scents, and why not simple scents a bit more easygoing. I found myself lately using Jour de hermes almost every day. On a duty-free I had the oportunity to try this one and bought it, at first no very convinced but now I love it. It s really fresh, it almost has the power to changue your energy on the first minutes you apply it, then it s very soft. I dont know if I feel the basil that much, yes the citrus not exactly like mandarine, could be like mix of citrus fruits and a flowery or herbal touch. This Aqua is simple adorable, a total discovery, I ll follow with herba fresca and others. They are almost a plan b for the hermes, jour, jardins, oranges. If you like those you will really apreciate many of the Aquas. Elegant scents, that s the concept.

Elenany
Elenany

I am so in love with this! it reminds me of a day in Italy, just lots of sun and the delicious smell of mandarine. the basil is very decent and adds a nice spicy touch to the whole product. it lasts forever on my skin, I can still smell it in the evening when I wore it throughout the day!!

rlozano
rlozano

It is very similar to the Jo Malone lime basil and mandarin, but this one is a tad bit sweeter, but still very lovely. Also cant nobody tell me nothin!!!!

An amazingly beautiful masterpiece! I am starting to love this aqua allegoria line. Such a lovely scent full of nature.
At first I felt really delicious fresh mandarines and after some minutes lovely basil scent which reminds me of Italian kitchen. There is also some chamomile, peony and tea in it.
This is very green, light, fresh and enjoyable scent.
I see that people have found some similarities to it but for me it's totally unique and interesting scent. I have never smelt anything like it.
Stunning!

lollsazz

Now I have worn this for some time again to see if I like i more than initially. Weeeell, it smells to me like the basilic notes stick for a long time. It might be so, or the bitter smell of the mandarine is like an extension of the basilic. It's "invigorating", yes, but also quite food-y. My boyfriend ate a salami sandwich today that smelt garlic and I thought the perfume complemented it very well. Very natural smelling, but a little too food-like for me - I like to keep my food on my plate, not on my skin.

lia78
lia78

Such an Invigorating scent! True to it's notes! It smells of clementine, mandarin and very light basil. It is blended well so the basil doesn't really stand out. The common nose may not even detect it at first sniff which is good for me since I'm not a big fan of basil. The rest to me is non existent. It's citrusy all the way. I love this among all the aqua allegoria scents. I own three. -herba fresca & pamplelune. Though, they are all fresh and airy, I find myself bringing this one along with me inside my bag. It's friendly and non-offensive. It's youthful, fresh, and a definite 'must' have for summer.

lollsazz

It's quite a special fragrance, in the sense that not everybody would like to wear it... On my skin the basil doesn't stay strong for long and I smell mostly tangy clementine notes with something herbal to them. On clothes, the basil note stays much longer and the scent blended together reminds me of a greenhouse full of tomatoes - it smells much like tomato leaves to me, although it's more citrucy. Although I like to be in greenhouses, I definitely don't like to smell like one. It's an interesting perfume, yes, the ratings are high, but I don't think this is the typical perfume that would seem pleasant to everybody. I would recommend to smell before you buy a full bottle. It can be found at some Guerlain counters or tax-free shops.

I personally like this, but only after the basil note goes away, and only on my skin. My boyfriend doesn't like sweet, oriental, heavy, soapy, too flowery or at all powdery perfumes, and he likes this one.

Moonwalk Memorie
Moonwalk Memorie

Unisex and so realistic! Orange bitterness and sweet, fresh basil. Unfortunately only lasts an hour on my skin and can smell a tad burnt all of a sudden.

Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic makes me excited for Summer. This is an excellent citrus perfume, sweet and natural without smelling too sour.

Mandarine Basilic is a real mood lifter. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, but this little number lifted my spirits immediately after application. I'm not usually one to rave on and on about citrus dominant scents, however Mandarine Basilic is a beautifully composed fragrance that wears perfectly on my skin.

This fragrance may be linear in terms of composition, but I don't see that as a particularly bad thing. The blend of mandarin orange, bitter orange, orange blossom, chamomile and basil is divine, something I wouldn't mind smelling all day long. The basil accord is actually not as strong as I thought it would be. It compliments the crisp citrus notes by providing a subtle hint of greenness.

I'm surprised that Mandarine Basilic projects so strongly on warm skin. I would have taken it for a light scent, but this was not so. Of all the citrusy Aqua Allegoria fragrances, I think Mandarine Basilic is the best. At least in my humble opinion it is.

Mandarine Basilic does have a feminine feel, however I wouldn't rule it out as potentially unisex. Actually, I would be really interested to smell this on a man. Either way, I'm saving my sample for the warmer months. I expect that it will be used up quickly.

Sylvia60
Sylvia60

It's my signature Summer 2013 perfume.
I'm not a big fan of citrusy EDTs, but this one won my heart.
Yes, like other reviewers, I carry a little tube of it in my bag to replenish the fragrance every two hours.
Also like other reviewers, I find this fragrance to be a mood-lifter.
Perfect for a working summer and less calories than ice cream!

elenakoles
elenakoles

I smelled it today at a Guerlain counter and loved it! I totally agree with some other reviewers - it is totally true to its name, it is sunshine in a bottle, and it is very fleeting (I could tell right away that it would not last long on my skin...) I still ended up buying it because it is such a happy fragrance, perfect for a hot summer day like today. I have resigned myself to the idea of carrying the bottle in my purse for additional spritzing every couple of hours - I am sure most of us do that with our favorite frags! Will also try mixing it with other Aquas Allegorias - should be fun!

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

Now this is very lovely! Very fresh! I love the blend on the mandarine and basil. Haha I really love the basil though very fresh and green, sadly this part fades very fast on my skin and basically becomes a sweet mandarine...If the basil note lasted longer and if the scent did not disappear in less than 2 hours I would have totally bought this one.

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

When i was wearing my sample i was feeling like eating juicy, sweet mandarines. Or more like peeling them because i also get the smell of that white skin under the orange one. The whole sensation last very short on my skin, after 20 minutes i can barely smell herbal hint of basil. It's a pity because it could be perfect summer day scent.

8-nadia
8-nadia

As a fan of citrus scents I felt compelled to buy this perfume,however it has been a disappointment.I mainly get the basil,and a faint whiff of mandarin.I am willing to swap a full size 75 bottle which has only been used once,anyone interested,please get in touch!

aficionada
aficionada

I'm a sucker for anything with basil, mint, and green tea. This combination of basil, citrus, and green tea simply drives me crazy. Can't get enough of it. Keep smelling my wrist.
Very fresh, cheerful, clean scent. Very soft and feminine. Longevity is far from being the best, but it's not that bad either.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

I smelled this today and it's really delicious for summer! Juicy, fresh mandarin/orange with a touch of sweet, fresh basil...
Wonderful scent!

Sarrya
Sarrya

This is utterly delightful. It's a very interesting interpretation of a citrus perfume: sweet orange mixed with a really fresh, tangy, herbal note. The top notes are pure bliss, incredibly beautiful. It then dries down to a delicious mixture of sweet mandarin topped with fresh basil, and ends with a cool, grass-y accord. I totally adore it, it's fresh and very uplifting, and manages to transform what could have been yet another boring, sweet-citrusy scent into something original, juicy and dreamy.

The bottle is absolutely gorgeous as well, it makes me imagine beautiful landscapes of a fairy tale world.

The only minus would be the staying power, it loses intensity rather fast, but I believe it's excusable.

Shtefitza
Shtefitza

This is very pleasant. Starts fresh with mandarin splash and basil green note. The citrussy freshness faded in 4 hours. Basil gives interesting green note. Now I feel the gentle chamomile and woody background. Amber softens it . By now it is a skin scent. Very nice one. This is a less interesting sister to more powerful brother: Pamplelune.
I say sister, because this definitely is a feminine perfume, and Pamplelune (the brother) could be unisex.

MuseMonster
MuseMonster

This is VERY true to what an orange actually smells like, which is what I love. Smells like you just cut a fresh orange in half. Like I said, I love it but the only problem I have had with it is that it doesn't last more than an hour or so.

Littlemissca
Littlemissca

I ALWAYS get compliments when wearing this...smells so summery and zingy, love it x

aschiffm
aschiffm

mmmm this is my favorite of the Aqua Allegoria's i've tried. it is definitely a happy warm sunshine doused scent, but the citrus is BEAUTIFULLY complimented with the spicy basil. i'm also really picking up on the creamy soothing chamomile. i really love chamomile in fragrances, it is such a relaxing calming scent.

NOTE- i usually despise citrus scents but this one is warm, deep and spicy with an overall light character that wont weigh you down. its really nice and sophisticated for warm weather.

Muneca
Muneca

After having rain all week (nothing new for the Pacific Northwest) I awoke to blue skies and sunshine. I joyfully went to my unsampled fragrance corner of my closet and dug around for something to match the weather - it was between Jour d'Hermes and this. Ssooo glad I chose this. I totally agree with Michaelin531's review - I instantly felt as if I'd just peeled an orange. The best orange fragrance I've experienced. It lingered on for hours - such a happy, sunshiney scent. And of course, my amber made its ever-so-slight debut - keeping it warm and close. MY NEW LIQUID SUNSHINE! Love it.

kalios55
kalios55

Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic

In the bee hive bottle, live orange and mandarin essence!!! This zesty perfume smells like freshly squeezed orange & mandarin juice in the garden of sunshine.

IMHO, Mandarine Basilic is linear and short-lived although while it lasts it is therapeutic to the senses. So fresh and juicy!!

Let me tell you .. it's an instant mood lifter. Spraying on clothes and rubbing it in the hair increase its longivity by much. Mixing it with an unscented lotion to layer with the fragrance also yields amazing result too.

(^∇^)/

Axum
Axum

This is the third Aqua Allegoria scent that I have owned (the first two were Lemon Fresca and Herba Fresca). All three have been simple and easy to wear and enjoy. AA Mandarin Basilic is pretty much what it says it is. It is neither particularly sophisticated nor powerful, but it is exceedingly pleasant. I travel a lot and find this to be an excellent choice to take along, as it can be worn in almost any daytime context. Good stuff.

karenrobert
karenrobert

I am totally surprised Guerlain can come up with something that actually smells pleasant. I had almost given up on even trying on another Guerlain fragrant after the Shalimar shock. To my surprise it smells happy , classy, citrusy, pleasant, and so unique than other Guerlain perfumes. I am so glad I took a risk with this fragrant. Not a headache. The Mandarin is wonderful in this perfume. I hope Guerlain will make more youthful perfumes deviating away from strong smelly stuff they always do for over a century now. I usually get complaint from my boyfriend whenever I try perfumes from Guerlain. But for this particular one, my boyfriend says it doesn't smell old like their other perfumes, which is a plus. However, I wouldn't spend money on it because there are tons of other pleasant perfumes like this already on the market today. In that sense , it is not unique enough for me to fall in love. I am willing to use this perfume is someone gives it to me, but I wouldn't rush out to buy it myself. Compared to other Guerlain fragrance, this one is soooo much of an upgrade.

Belledandy
Belledandy

I bought a sample of this back in the wintertime and have been putting off reviewing it. Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic came off more like "Mandarine Ballistic" the first go round. Dry, effervescent, mandarine that was so true to life I could picture the tiny essential oils bursting out of a just-peeled rind. Then came the starchy white pith and finally the basil. This should be a recipe for nasal heaven to me, but in the cold dry air of winter, the various notes came out disjointed and sharp. The sweet, green spicyness of the basil was less "herb garden" and more "pizzaria". This is a fragrance that needs warmth and humidity to develop. Unfortunately, the heat burns off the wonderful orange topnotes much sooner, but they are bliss while they are there. The dry down is pleasant. It almost reminds me a bit of Annick Goutal's Mandragore, but not so minty/ bergamont-like. The effect is much smoother, not as juicy, like fresh basil drying in the breeze off an orange orchard at the end of summer.

cherie97
cherie97

this one i like most from all allegorias.
it's a simple, clean scent, pure mandarin with basil and a hint of orange. it's so juicy fresh at the beginning, almost like you smell the real fruit.
it's beautiful, a scent of happiness.
perfect for summer, while in winter it can bring memories of a hot, joyful summer.

the most perfect thing about mandarine basilic allegoria is it doesn't change much. it's fresher and juicier at the beginning, but it stays almost the same till the end.

good job, guerlain!

KatyK
KatyK

I had great hopes for this one - the opening is lovely, really fresh and juicy, a true smell/taste of mandarin, but that is all too brief. I find the whole fragrance fades away very fast on me. It lasts longer on fabric but quickly gets a much more herbal character. If only the top notes could be sustained - even just for an hour or so I would buy this by the gallon. Ah well, the search for a 'real' lasting orange experience goes on.....

The basil note is so noticeable and smells too natural in the beginning of its opening. I wouldn't like to smell like that. But once in the cold winter weather this fragrance had opened on me the very charming mandarin note. I would like it, if it opened like this always!

Michaelia531
Michaelia531

I love it sooooo much, it is the real orange . it puts real orange and mandarine into fragrance. Top notes is just like you peel mandarine and the scent goes into air. Then few minutes later,it likes you enjoy eating mandarine or drinking orange juice. Like it sooo much. I have researched for real orange fragrance for several months. finally, I found it. here it is.For orange lovers.

hollycat
hollycat

At first spritz this perfume is all juicy mandarine, not too sweet and almost like the real thing. Then the Basil pops in and gives this scent a slight unique herbal quality. As it wears, it gets more floral with orange blossom and some other florals I cant identify, sort of along the lines of Dior's Escale a Portifino. Its a unique citrus in that its very smooth, with no sharp notes at all. The longevity and sillage are impressive for a citrus aromatic scent. Perfect for summer or anytime you want a pick me up.

Pa.princess
Pa.princess

Bought this while on vacation this year in Disney World. This scent is so ripe and so juicy! Close your eyes and you think it's a freshly peeled mandarin orange. And the basil gives it just a touch of green freshness. The woman at the Guerlain boutique steered me towards this one. So glad she did! Not only is this a gorgeous scent but will always remind me of a fantastic vacation!

PeppermintCrush
PeppermintCrush

I absolutely LOVE this perfume. It smells exactly like a fresh orange that's just been peeled open. I would say it is the most real citrusy smells out there. I definitely recommend it if you're looking for a true orange smell.

Naranxito
Naranxito

One of the most delicious scents, I know. I can really imagine this fragrance on some Italian young woman, who's walking on the hot roadway in seashore city. Ideal variant for vacation in warm countries, I think

MerlinAbsolute
MerlinAbsolute

Uniqueness: 6/10
Overall: 6/10

This one is quite lovely, very simple. There's the zestiness of mandarins and just a little bit of powdery greenness from the basil. Quite nice, citrus being slightly less common than florals.

Being an EDT, it's very light and won't last more than 2 to 4 hours. It would be awesome as a linen spray though.

justilou
justilou

I love this!!! I find most fruity fragrances cloying and nauseating. This one somehow seems to keep the initial sharp freshness that you get when you put your thumb through the skin of a mandarine to open it. Normally citrus scents smell immediatly like insect repellant on me, and this manages to avoid it! It layers nicely with either Herba Fresca or Grosellina if I want something a bit different, and I wear these three fragrances year round!

Note to self: Don't try on predominantly orange perfumes when you don't want to smell like oranges.

I love oranges. I love it when I get a whiff of a sweet, orangy, orange and see that someone near me is peeling one.

But why does the thought of having that smell all over my body repulse me so? I can't stand the smell of this perfume. It's so much orange; it's too much orange. It's so one-dimensional, uncreative, and seems like a poor offering from Guerlain.

Such a simple and pleasant smelling fragrance of juicy sweet mandarin orange with aromatic basil that helps cut the sweetness a little bit. I don't smelling much of white flower but only orange blossom. Good lasting power, but it seems a bit too expensive for its simplicity.

evah2003
evah2003

Tangy, juicy mandarines with enough basil added to keep it interesting. Some woody note emerge in the dry-down.
Overall very nice and perfect for summer.
Lasting power is okay; if you don´t mind spraying it on your clothes it lasts DAYS!

RoseAmongThorns
RoseAmongThorns

ooooh!!! I love it :) Christmas madarins, perfect for this time of year!!

Second review!
I kept wearing it all summer along. I went for a holiday on Greek Islands with my adorable new bf who likes only fresh citrusy scents (ehr... not my taste really!) and Mandarine Basilic became a good memory for both!
This time Guerlain didn't make another non-sense Aqua, apart from watering down masterpieces.
Now back to the city and going towards more chilly times this lovely fruity-herbal water feels too crispy to my nose. I now need a new floral with woodsy tones as signature, but Mandarin Basilic was a nice break!

orchid_84
orchid_84

I'm not usually a big "citrus" perfume lover, but this fragrance is just amazing. It's the most juicy, delicious, realistic orange scent I've experienced thus far. For me the dominant notes are the mandarin and clementine; Mandarine Basilic captures the scent of fresh, juicy oranges very convincingly. The hint of ivy leaves and tea gives a crisp, green, soothing feel. Soft florals round out the zesty mandarin just a bit. There is a faint whisper of basil - it gives a dash of herbal crispness, but doesn't overwhelm the gorgeous juicy citrus. This scent is simple, refreshing, energetic and perfect for warm weather. Definitely my favorite of the Aqua Allegoria series...it's pure orangey happiness in a bottle!

cinsot
cinsot

Centre stage sits the star of the show: the basil note.

The Nose has created the finest representation of basil gusto I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing on my skin.

I am high from the sheer excitement and enthusiasm Mandarine Basilic exudes from my person! Zealously zestful it is!

I can smell honey and salt mixed with acrid orange rind and it smells exquisite.

There is a depth supporting this citrus aromatic EDT, created by the authenticity of Santalum album setting it apart from other similar aromas I happen to like also, namely Eau des Jardins and Moschino's I Love Love. Absolutely no fizziness present here.

The mysterious aura obviously has to do with the combination of ivy, green-tea (barely recognisable on my skin thank the sweet Lord) and chamomile reacting with orange blossoms and peony.

A citrus aromatic with a profoundly floral heart! Does it get any better than this? I think not.

cikaloka
cikaloka

I LOVE IT!
fresh, floral, herbal, well-balanced perfume

Grottola
Grottola

Definitely more basil than anything else, this stuff is a straight up basil-fest. Not to say that's a bad thing - I LOVE basil, although too much of it can end up smelling like pizza, which is kinda what happens here.

Miss_J
Miss_J

This perfume is heaven sent for people who love citrusy fragrances like me. Hallelujah chorus screams inside my head while smelling this. This is by far, a superior orange scent, a true orange scent from the peel and down to the juicy pulp. At first I was afraid of the Basil, I thought the Basil sharpness will ruin the perfect orange, but I was wrong!!! The basil was harmonious with the orange and it never overpowers the ripe juiciness. Well Done Guerlain. I bow to thee.

profumi73
profumi73

Une eau fraîche,fruitée et un rien mutine.
J'adore ce mélange de mandarine,basilic idéal pour l'été. La tenue n'est pas des meilleures, il faut en remettre souvent mais lorsqu'on aime on ne compte pas.

melbritt24
melbritt24

Very fresh and juicy! My nose gets: mandarin, tangelo, blood orange, sweet pink grapefruit!

K1
K1

Citrus overdose...
Since our family mastered citrus farming, this one doesn't excite me. This stuff includes only citruses and their skin, I don't understand other notes! Too gourmand and yummy, extremely casual and seems like something for after shower only and perfumes you only wear in home.
No personality, no attraction and no gender, just a good smell of citric things.
Thought so long lasting and perfect sillage.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

This is such a beautifully balanced citrus. Clementine/mandarine is more prominent than the sharp tang of bitter orange making this less serious, and playfully fragrant.

Basil adds a green, herbaceous note, but only subtley as if to suggest fresh crushed leaves in a mandarine grove.

Chamomile, green tea and orange blossoms give this a gentle, feminine smile, weaving through and elevating the sense of calm and well being.

Amber and sandalwood are barely detectable in the drydown but add to the feeling of coziness.

Very natural with a high quality feel, and no getting away from the citrus--a lot like an intensely infused sparkling cup of mandarine tea.

Any woman wearing this will invite shy smiles from strangers and a feeling of familiarity. Most comforting and bright...

melia
melia

Wouw, this really smells like mandarine! Juicy mandarines which I eat tons of during november and december... I just don't know if I would like to smell like one! This perfume is actually less annoying than when you have this yellow stinky fingertops of peeling mandarines, but still.. I have to sit and think about this one!

Ewig
Ewig

I really wanted to love this perfume, as it sounded so absolutely perfect. I finally found a tester at the airport, so I happily applied some to my wrist.

For me, this perfume did not work at all. Instead of the different notes complimenting each other, the citric and herbal notes seemed to violently attack each other.

Good thing for anyone who can wear this, I didn't manage to scrub it off my skin for hours.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

A very pretty and uplifting scent. The basil keeps it from being too citrus, and the citrus to me is more of a bubbly zest peel than the actual orange juice. I live in a very hot/humid climate, and it stays around for a few hours at least. That's a major plus for a citrus scent! I love it on days where I want something unique. People also will never be able to tell it's ingredients because for most noses it's quite interesting.

Roma27
Roma27

Received this as a birthday gift two days ago.Was thrilled to the limit as the family member that bought me this knows I have a soft spot for citrusy fragrances. When I took my first whiff I was in heaven! I love this fragrance as it reminds me of walking through a orange grove on a scorching hot summers day.Sadly the lasting power on my skin is poor, dissipates far too quickly for my liking.Will have to layer it with a cream.

oh this is the best i have smell mmm sweet but very feminin spesial

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

This smells fresh and sparkling! Really fizzy! I love it!! Great summer scent! The basil adds a spicy side to it that is awesome!

guest_Georgiana
guest_Georgiana

Another perfect summertime scent - very fresh, sparkling, and natural. The mandarin and basil are unexpected but wonderful together, and without a bit of gourmand-y fragrance. It does not last very long on me - more like a splash than a true cologne. But that's ok because those hot summer days demand frequent refreshments, and nothing freshens one like the Aquq Allegoria line does.

Carolinealgot
Carolinealgot

JUST LOVE IT! But i gave it to my mother as a gift so i use it everytime i visit her!

Aalia
Aalia

aaaaaah perfect! I tried many others in the Aqua Allegoria line that were much too sweet and clangy, not this one, it's gorgeous and harmonious. The gourmand twist in this scent peeks out at the beginning, with a fresh, watery like mandarine juice, and then comes out again way at the end with the basil, but much fuller, but not but not in the overdone, silly sticky, style gourmand can be. I found it to be pronounced with a burst of orange notes and at the same time sublime and relaxed, noteable, but, not uncouth...quite cheerful, natural, and elegant all at the same time. The base notes of sandalwood and amber are a combo that add a special touch to the scent, but hard to pin down while wearing it, with so many other great notes mingling about. It was long lasting on a mildly warm day, but the next day, under a true heat wave, it did not hold up. A well rounded, beautiful scent.

kewart
kewart

This is a vibrant, uplifting scent that I wear a lot in the Summer months. I love the combination of juicy mandarin and green basil. I feel ready for anything wearing this scent.

mean_kitty
mean_kitty

perfect for the summer.i not quite likefresh fragrances, but this is special: it fresh, light, citrus , but on my skin turn in something more powerful and the first hours it can make my head spin around.the lasting power is very good.

I was doubtful about this... I gave it a try and Mandarine Basil became one of the good discoveries of the season for me! It is soooo nice!! I'm not much into citrusy scents, but this one is less harsh and high-pitched than most nowadays citruses. It's quite sparkling in the beginning, but again not irritating. I totally avoid bracing sporty scents, I can't stand them. I would say Mandarine Basil is a soft sparkle, then it blends with your chemistry and stays there for hours, not strong, but present. I amazed at the mastery of blending citrus mandarine (ok, quite a sweet one) strong herbal basil without making a mess. It's an uplifting and wakeup scent, even if not bracing sporty. I find it's completely feminine and don't know why. I could hardly see this on a man, but who knows? As a summer daytime scent is really lovely and more distinct and descriptive than most blast summer scents and flankers. I see it on a pretty girl in white summer casual feminine clothes and it is suitable for workplace, even if it's actually more of a happy work-off summer day.

Eros
Eros

Very well-balanced perfume. This type of women's perfume I like a lot: it IS green-LIKE, but not cheap "grass", it IS a bit floral, but not powdery. Is IS a bit sweet, but not "sugar" or "definitely oriental". The real name of this perfume should be "untraceable scent" - that means green-floral but very unusual. This perfume is not "house of scents" it is "dance of scents".
As for me - it is definitely above the floral "democratic" crowd. Every pretty woman not wanting sex should smell in a style like this one. It pretends that it *is your skin's natural scent* - that I like a lot.
Another one - Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca.
Amazingly - they intended to and can be MIXED within this serie by yourself, producing exotic absolutely unique scents.
Lasts 20+ hours with no changes in scent.

guest_an important question to v
guest_an important question to v

hi;
I am from Turkey and I bought Mandarine Basilic from duty free stores two years ago.

But when I want to buy again; I reailzed that the formula of the Mandarine Basilic has been changed. And unfortunatelly I could not find from Turkey.

Is it old formula? If not how can find it ?

Could you please help me :(

Thanks

Lizura
Lizura

My Favorite!
First I could only find this in Europe, but when I found it in USA I was so glad!
I purchased it in California and every time I use it, I remember Laguna Beach, La jolla and the blue ocean...
My husband adores it on me!
So fresh and delicate, not sweet, not heavy, wonderful!

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

When I spray the tester on paper it has a fresh wonderful mandarine top not with light grassy basil base notes. On skin its still fresh but needs more citrus because it just smells way too much like a couple of other perfumes.

SandraS
SandraS

I have doubts about the staying power. Does it last on skin (even thought everyone is different)?

imgcas
imgcas

This is my favourite fresh perfume with L'Occitane Verveine and my favourite Aqua Allegoria too.

The note of mandarine is quite strong and energizing and the basil, ivy and green tea give freshness. After four hours it still smells citrusy, and it lasts a lot more.

jeca
jeca

Very juicy and light, I like this mandarine&bazil harmony, well balanced, fresh

Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic by Guerlain 4.21 out of 5 based on 605 ratings and 84 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.