Designers » F-H » Floral Green « Groups

Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia Guerlain for women and men

Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia Guerlain for women and men
dislike

ozonic

Fresh and green mint aroma is in limelight here. Fresh citrus beginning of mandarin, grapefruit and mint, leads us to the delicate heart of rose, jasmine and green tea. The base is composed of Atlas Cedar and woodsy notes.

Eau de toilette line Aqua Allegoria is a fragrant fantasy, like taking a walk in the garden, and which garden it is depends on the main note of the composition, while all the other components are there to accentuate its beauty. Aqua Allegoria eau de toilettes are created mainly for women, although, some of them might as well be used by men. Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia was launched in 2004. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Paul Guerlain.

Mandarin Orange Grapefruit

Comme des Garcons Series 5 Sherbet: Peppermint

Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia Fragrance Reviews

SmellieKat
SmellieKat

The top notes of Mentafollia are definitely the best. I happen to love mint in perfume if it's done right, and Guerlain does it right here. However, the dry down is quite heavy on the green tea and very light on mint. Mentafollia layers wonderfully with many perfumes, from musk to citrus. In fact, I actually like it better when in combination with something else. Glad it's in my collection.

Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia is right up there as one of my favourite mint fragrances. Fragrantica has failed to list mint as one of Mentafollia's main notes, but I can assure you that it definitely features in this fragrance's composition.

What I love most about Mentafollia is its subtlety. There are a lot of mint based scents out there, but you'll find that most of them are somewhat sharp and overbearing on the skin. The mint in this fragrance smells more green and herbaceous than icy fresh. In other words, it doesn't smell like toothpaste.

Mentafollia is definitely a unisex fragrance. It is neither feminine nor masculine. Notes of green tea, cedar and grapefruit keep this fragrance smelling crisp and refreshing. Mentafollia would make an excellent Summer staple.

I disagree that it smells like Annick Goutal's Nuit Etoilee. Nuit Etoilee had a tomato leaf accord on my skin, a vegetal undertone that is not present in Mentafollia.

If you're looking for a mellow minty-tea scent, than Mentafollia is the one for you. If you want a more icy, crisp representation of mint, I would steer you in the direction of Comme des Garcons Series 5 Sherbet: Peppermint or Guerlain Homme.

Bstefcorbin
Bstefcorbin

A blind buy, based on my love of mint, AA herba Fresca and reviews. Not a winner. Wintergreen & way too powdery. Synthetic without any of the aquatic green notes in herba fresca. I'll try layering it. Boo.

Norgirl
Norgirl

This is a very nice crisp refreshing scent for shure..
The mint and the tea is so well blended . i just got this bottle and dont know it will be in the summertime . But i can imagin this would be a treat on a hot humid summerday.
testing it now in Wintertime i still enjoy it.. It slike a fresh breth off air. cool winterbreath blowing thrue the forest off pine trees and cedar.. I can feal the flowrs linger to. I guess it is the Jasmin that makes me thing off spring and Narcissus aswell. There is somthing green like freshly cut flowers (narcisuss)and there is also that tiny wiff off Rose , just enough to give it some romantic feal and a little warmt..
The Grapefruit and citrus is also present. and makes it juicy fresh . its a tad dry in away on the grapefruit note .
I like this one very much. I blind bought it do to the fact that i wanted some more Minty forest feal like Nuit Etoilee
It had a tiny bit off similarity , but not much IMO. quite different in fact . this has much more to do about the tea note and a kind off chewing gum Minty feal
They are bouth beautiful in there own ways

hm im starting to feal that this is slightly to green for me. Not shure if im going to keep it after all...

garamascara
garamascara

This is one that you could literally bathe in and no one would be offended. I must have applied 20 sprays this morning and it’s noticeable but in no way offensive. I think of this more as a body splash type of fragrance. Smells like lemony minty tea and actually reminds me too much of CK One. I have reached for this bottle occasionally on super hot and humid days, it’s definitely refreshing, definitely unisex.

Bacca
Bacca

Mmmm...this smells like sweet mint chewing gum. Not bad but not sexy.

ANGELICA07

To Mondwid : This was fortunately not a limited edition, this has UNFORTUNATELY just been discontinued.
Greetings from Belgium !^^

ANGELICA07

Guerlain made a REAL big MISTAKE discontinuing this one : they should never have done it !!!! :-O :-(
Really disappointing from Guerlain !!!!

"Mentafollia" was the PERFECT summer scent : refreshing, a true breath of fresh air that helped not to suffocate in those awful scorching heat summer days !!!!

The mint had here absolutely NO hints of toothpaste or whatever : it was a pure, green one, not trying to be sweet and that's what was GREAT about this fragrance, that's why this was sooooooooo refreshing.
Blended with citrus notes that also had the positive feature not to be sweetened, they were great teammates for giving this so blessed blast of FRESH air.

The heart notes also contributed to this refreshing sensation : green "goddess" tea, here not trying to be soft but fortunately keeping true to its green nature, and light florals, not trying to overwhelm the whole composition, just discreet enough to sustain it without shouting out their presence.

The green mint + unsweetened citrus + green tea association DID rock !!! <3

What about the base notes, they were quite a good choice : discreet enough not to ruin with woody notes the whole refreshing composition,following the example of the heart notes.
Nothing rubbery or unpleasant about it.

This was a really little GEM, very uncommon, keeping this refreshing nature from top to toe, proud not to be some "sweetened soft commercial mass-market" summer scent !!

The only one complaint could have been its longevity (this is unfortunately way too often the case with the AAs :-/ (shame on you, Guerlain !! )): 7-9 spritzes of it were the right amount to keep this freshness along for a long while.

This was an unisex AA, even if I even tend to believe that it could better have suited a woman (maybe because I have never sniffed it on a man though ;o) ).

And it is very different from its AA-sister so-called "Herba Fresca", which has some "greasy" grass notes that stop it from being the blast of cool refreshing air "Mentafollia" was.

Being in search of a new summer scent since "MENTAFOLLIA" has been discontinued, if anybody knows a fragrance that could match this "blast of fresh cooling air" feature, I would really be grateful to her/him for telling it to me (here on the review page or PMing me).
Please, DO NOT HESITATE ! :-) ;o)
Thanks.

Monwid
Monwid

Does anybody know where I get buy thise one? I'm from Danmark and here is completely impossible to get this. I've heard that this was a limited edition...
What a pity, that one I really like to have!!!!

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Refreshing seems to be the obvious word that comes to mind. Mint is very clear without being too sharp; rose is also pronounced and adds a hint of satiny sweetness; grapefruit adds a nice uplifting note and keeps this crisp, yet smooth with the nuance of tea. Cedar adds a clean, slightly camphorous wood note. This feels a little like a light, sage green sheet of crumpled taffeta.

Similar to Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea but not as complex, yet still charming and lively. Personally I don't think you can beat EA for a good, refreshing tea fragrance with hints of mint and spice.

la louve
la louve

It´s a wonderful fresh and so mind-uplifting fragrance...
I got today two bottles and I´m so glad about it!
...My husband loves the perfume too...
Mentafollia just made my summer!! ;-)
The only (funny) thing is... I had a problem with the spray nozzle, I thought it was a lid and I pulled it of. Than I wanted to fix it and I sprayed the perfume in my eye... aua...
Silly me!
;-)
LOVE from LOUVE

TillyWave
TillyWave

Why why why why? Is this discontinued? It seems that Guerlain's strategy is to run the AA line out as fast as they can, and then discontinue them before they get a following.

This is just absolutely beautiful and refreshing, and does what it says it will do. There is a gentle mint upon initial application that hangs around for awhile, intermingled with citrus. Then the flowers come out, roses mostly. I love that part, especially the minty rose combination. I love the drydown, a woody cedar that is not too strong or masculine.

A very unique and beautiful scent, it's a shame that it's discontinued. Recommend.

kalynne
kalynne

This is such a bright sparkling scent! Perfect light morning scent and has lasting power on my skin. It has never clashed with anything I put on latter in the day. In fact, So New York, bond 9, is a bit heavy, so I wear it with Mentafolia. It freshens it perfectly.

Guerlain AQUA ALLEGORIA MENTAFOLIA is a truly beautiful, subtle minty green fragrance which is indeed perfect for the summer months. I acquired this appealing composition as a part of the historic Guerlain-TJMAXX coup, when I happened upon several Guerlain AAs at the unheard of price of $9.99 each. I do not know whether it is still possible to acquire this particular creation, but if so, I highly recommend it to guys and gals alike looking for a not-too-floral, not-too-aromatic, not-too-citrus, hot-weather-ready, lightly minted greenish floral fragrance.

Confession: I like MENTAFOLIA so much that I removed the spray nozzle and pushed the siphon against my hand in order to extract the last half milliliter. (-:

I also have a related summertime recommendation for anyone who likes this sort of scent: the BBW Aromatherapy Tranquil Mint line, which has a similar vibe. Plus it's all natural.

liongigi
liongigi

I love it my bottle is almost finish. It smells like herbal tea, a fresh scent that is unisex if you want to wear it. I wear this scent with bath and body works white tea and ginger cream. They go great together.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Adorable! Fresh and sparkly, very young without smelling like edible things or being overly sweet; minty in the beginning, after which fresh orange takes over, and in the end soft, powdery florals, mostly rose. Amazing! Now only if it was to last... on my skin it has the staying power of a body mist, on the fabric is a bit better. Wonderful but too diluted, if you reapply every 30 minutes than it's perfect, if not no, since it's so weak... Thumbs up for originality, I didn't think it would be this interesting, I was imagining it more like mint tea; it's complex and beautiful, just not powerful enough.

piazza dei signori
piazza dei signori

This is really a surprise to me. I don't usually like mint fragrances, but this is so fresh and well made, it made me change my opinion. Unfortunately it doesn't stay on my skin for too long, but i like it and i'll wear it every day even if it's winter.

weegee
weegee

Perfect for high humidity and high temperatures. A refreshing summer fragrance light enough for the office. Unisex, yes - both men and women ask what I'm wearing.

This is mint brightened by citrus and warmed by rose. No candy mint here. This is the fresh green mint that grows under the tap at the side of a country house. This is the mint that transforms bourbon and sugar into a lovely cold julep sipped while watching the Derby.

This has very good longevity on my skin - a good 8 hours.

Hats off to this sparkler!

brickbird
brickbird

this is very good fragrance. Has a unique personality. Very fresh and clean. I love almost all 'aqua allegoria' de Guerlain. I didn't know this is an unisex perfume. I bought it as a (F) one. I love it.

vertigo
vertigo

for a man rather than a woman.
cool, fresh & minty ;)
a bit rubbery at the drydown.

Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia by Guerlain 3.83 out of 5 based on 109 ratings and 20 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aqua Allegoria Mentafollia by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.