Designers » F-H » Citrus « Groups

Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune Guerlain for women

Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune Guerlain for women
dislike

Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune Guerlain for women Pictures

This fragrance welcomes you with festive fireworks of freshly squeezed grapefruit, lemon and bergamot juice, whose aroma then is melting in patchouli, sandalwood and vanilla mix. It was created in 1999.

Eau de toilette line Aqua Allegoria is a fragrant fantasy, like taking a walk in the garden, and which garden it is depends on the main note of the composition, while all the other components are there to accentuate its beauty. Aqua Allegoria eau de toilettes are created mainly for women, although, some of them might as well be used by men. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Paul Guerlain.

Grapefruit Bergamot

Petitgrain Neroli Cassia

Patchouli Vanilla

Palermo

Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune Fragrance Reviews

judeaqua
judeaqua

Smells similar a red bottled cheapie scent (based on red Rose, citrus and old dried rose petals) i bought from Archies store. Has an old antique metallic citrus vibe going on in the beginning on my skin. Surely old rose and grapefruit both have that undercurrent of something unpleasant. When I spray this fragrance and drift off, my mind takes me to an old (& possibly stained brown with dried red rose petals enfolded in) a cream pure silk scarf delicately scrolled in butter-paper, encased in an old antique metal box, locked up and forgotten since 5 decades, only to be re-discovered under a grapefruit tree haunted by their royal spirits of old. Possibly the pure silk cloth belonged to a relative (female) of royal family whose reign mysteriously ended and their remnants buried. Possibly when alive, she loved antique jewellery, having a fresh bouquet set on her royal afternoon high tea table, under a paper tree.

Scentsitive
Scentsitive

If, to some people this smells of cat pee, I would love to bathe on a cat pee. I love this perfume especially on very hot and humid days of summer. This is the best grapefruit scent on the market, IMO.

Lana148
Lana148

Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune starts like bitter and sweet spicy, grapefruit and dries down to a cinnamon-apple cobbler smell. There is huge contrast to how the fragrance opens and closes. It almost two different scents. I find it interesting, although I prefer the beginning part. I think this one fits gourmand category and will be quite cozy in a colder weather. Still debating if I should get a bottle of this.

Hoxx
Hoxx

I'm still not sure if a close resemblance to a natural thing is a good way of doing a perfume. However, if you think it is, and if you like grapefruit smell, you really have to try this one.

Pamplelune has, like pretty much all its cousins from the Aqua Allegoria line, one main note and a few other carefully picked additions to it, to make it more prominent from one side and make this thing a perfume rather than an essential oil from the other. In this case, there is a fantastic grapefruit note that plays with your nostrils from the very beginning of the perfume's evolution. This is as close to a grapefruit smell as I can imagine, other than rubbing yourself with the fruit or its peel, maybe. The heart of the scent adds a cassis note to a citrus one, and it's actually quite prominent on my skin. To clarify, it's clearly behind the grapefruit all the time, but it makes it dirtier in a very obvious and, for me, good way. The drydown is rather insignificant as the scent has already done its point, but it's about earthy patch that stays as close to the skin as it could be done.

This perfume has a perceptible sillage and a mediocre, four hour longevity. It is a summer scent, an absolutely unisex creation in my book(can you really give a gender to a grapefruit?) and a versatile, inoffensive one, certainly. As I said, this is as close to a real thing as any perfume I've ever tried, and, because of that, rather unique - a hard thing to make of a citrus scent. It's Guerlain, after all, and you can't be wrong with that house, even if this is everything but a typical Guerlainesque creation.

8.75/10

ezeizat
ezeizat

The grapefruit in here is so amazing & authentic that I cannot stop smelling my wrist. I'll be buying a full bottle of this stuff and giving it wearings all summer..the grapefruit note is very addictive.
I don't particularly understand why it's marketed toward women as it's purely a citrus scent & would appeal to everyone more than likely.

Scrilla
Scrilla

I love grapefruit. I love eating them, I love them in fragrances and I buy almost strictly grapefruit flavoured lip balms. I do smell all the notes here, mostly. Grapefruit, neroli, patchouli. But mostly I smell, and this is for the first and hopefully last time, cat pee. I've heard of people getting cat pee off of fragrances before and always figured I was immune but no. Cat pee. And I grew up with anywhere between 2 and 5 cats in my home at a given time. I'm all too familiar with the smell.
Test first!

Another masterpiece by Guerlain. I like the citrusy freshness and purity of this fragrance. It makes me think of nice, windy but warm morning at the countryside.
I like the bitter aroma of grapefruit in it. All of the perfumes with grapefruit note, this is the one with bitter grapefruit note. And it is amazing, seems so natural.
I think this could almost be unisex fragrance, it's so citrusy.
Anyway, it's lovely spring/summer morning scent. Smells like nature!

amelie
amelie

I got many compliments wearing it, it's bitter-sweet grapefruit wrapped in warm vanilla.Dry down is very pleasant, warms the skin. Top notes are so uplifting, in fact, as it has a double face; at first you think it's just another citrus, and later enjoying warmest vanilla. And yes, I so agree with previous review. Not a big vanilla fan, but I'd always come to Pamplelune and Vanilla&Ginger by L'Erbolario. That's exactly how I love vanilla to be made:)

selkiesugarsmack
selkiesugarsmack

When I first sprayed this on I hated it. It smelled like hand sanitizer...really flat and citric, sour and soapy. I craved some depth and complexity and pretty much decided this scent wasn't for me... however, after about 30 minutes of wearing it, it melted into something wonderful. The vanilla and sandalwood are warm and rich without taking away from the summery, bright feel. This is definitely for daytime-but be sure to give it some time to mellow before you leave the house.

shopgirl
shopgirl

Smells fresh citrusy and grapefruit-like. I love it, but when I asked someone else's opinion they said it smelt like cats pee! Not going to buy it - I wouldn't want people to think I smelt of cats pee.

polly golightly
polly golightly

fantastico! mi sento un brick di succo di pompelmo!!! l'odore è freschissimo e si assesta dopo ore su un timido patchouli. eccellente!

brettashley
brettashley

Initially, I didn't like Pamplelune because all I got on initial spray was flat grapefruit. It seemed too one-dimensional for me to justify a purchase.

However, I finally got my hands on enough to wear it of an extended period of time, and I can't get enough. The grapefruit was refreshing, but it was the dry down I became obsessed with. The bergamot and neroli came through after a while, to lend greenness to the scent, and the dry down of a clean patchouli and vanilla deepened and rounded out the scent gorgeously. I loved catching whiffs of this in my hair throughout the day. I actually loved that this got muskier as the day went on - if it'd stayed as the same initial flat grapefruit, it wouldn't have stood out to me.

No cat pee here, fortunately. Unless I just normally wander around smelling like cat pee, and nobody really has the courage to say anything to me. (C'est la vie.)

Silkpuppet
Silkpuppet

I do not usually gravitate toward the citrusy family of scents, but Pamplelune is too divine to pass up. It is a fizzy vibrant grapefruit balanced with bergamot. It definitely does not smell artificial or too acidic at all. It is a sunny, grapefruit soda that wears beautifully throughout the day. It is a bit on the linear side, but I don't mind that because Pamplelune is that gorgeous. I almost get a vetiver note in the drydown, it is quite herbal and well-rounded. I have been wearing it this winter to brighten my spirits. Sometimes it actually makes me thirsty for a tasty cocktail...

LizzieBea
LizzieBea

I love Pamplelune. The grapefruit just sparkles like champagne. I only wish it lasted a bit longer. That's what you get with an eau de toilette, I guess. C'est la vie!

leighhannah
leighhannah

The opening grapefruit is epic, and then that darn patchouli shows up and ruins the whole party for me.

Matt Oldham

Tragedy. Used to be fantastic. Now is...nothing. Reformulated to comply with restrictions and what a horrible world. Thank goodness it was popular so the old will be around on ebay or wherever for many years to come.

thatjacksonchicck
thatjacksonchicck

I like this perfume because it's very intensive.
Of this perfume I especially like the combination of fresh and spicy notes,like (bergamot,grapefruit,vanilla)spicy and (cassia,patchiouli,petitgrain)fresh.
I like this perfume very much I don't love it...I especially wear it in summer or spring day,so the fragrance feels better and is not too strong.
Just yesterday I sprayed this perfume on my arms and it remained on a lot about 5 hours for the longevity is very good.
I buy it in Italy where I live now and it cost me 55,33€ not a lot..oh I like so much the bottle too ;)

BiancaDrumea
BiancaDrumea

I love this fragrance. On me it smells a bit sweet and very fruity (probably the grapefruit is to blame). I love the smell so so much but it lasts only 1-2 hours so I am very disappointed in that regard. It is actually my first EDT. Maybe I am to blame by not searching for a similar EDP.

jelizani
jelizani

Pamplelune is one of my favorite citrus scents, hands down. I love the burst of sunny grapefruit and the chaser of softer white florality. Oddly (or not), I wear this most around this time of year when I'm craving spring and sunshine. It smells like an orange silk dress and the perfectly broken-in tan leather sandals. I should add that I seem to have a massive crush on Guerlain, so my adoration should probably not be all that surprising.

HelloCoffee
HelloCoffee

I wanted to love this, as it has all the notes I love. I finally got a sample in Sephora that I could take home with me. I sprayed it, and loved it instantly! It opens with a bright, clean, citrus scent. The grapefruit is beautiful. However, when it dries down, all I was able to smell was the patchouli, and it was very intense. I really like patchouli in fragrances, but this was a bit much especially since all the other notes seemed to have faded.

username101
username101

I love this mixture of grapefruit and greens. I wasn't too impressed when I first tried it years ago (as a matter of fact even slightly disappointed then, as I was/am a big citrus fan). However I tried it on again recently and it was absolutely refreshing, juicy, crisp and bright with a nice balance with the greens. I give you that it could be sharp. I do feel like the creators of this perfume didn't bother to cut out the sharpness. As for the silage, it does provide a decent silage for a citrus based perfume. It lasted for hours on me. The bottle is beautiful too. I think the gold (even though any perfume in the Aqua Allegoria line comes with the same bottle with different logo) on the bottle goes very well with the concept of grapefruit.

joan100
joan100

Smells like lots of grapefruits and lemons mixed vanilla and some Indian spices. It does not smell like cat pee to me like some people are saying! Its not my favourite scent but it is definetly not your typical citrus fragrance!

luna rebel
luna rebel

Strangely enough, this also smells like cat spray to me. I'm sure it doesn't smell the same way to everyone, but it does to me and some others. I tried this at Sephora. My body chemistry has nothing to do with this because I smell cat spray right out of the bottle. But then again, certain notes in this must be making that impression on my nose, and not everyone will smell cat spray or cat pee or anything offensive in this one. But it is one of those that you really cannot just blind buy, because there is a chance you might perceive the same smell as me. I like the Mandarin Basil scent from this line, it smells like fresh oranges. If you are like me and have bad luck with this one, you might want to try Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic.

This should be a fresh, clean, happy unisex Citrus cologne. On me it's an awful throat-drying musty lemon gone bad.
A friend of mine loves it, but I dislike all her perfumes, so I guess it is very personal.

all4knowledge
all4knowledge

Bought this on several years ago as a blind buy on Ebay.

Great summer scent. A clean, zesty citrus. Very linear and straightforward - it doesn't develop. It just stays true to its opening notes.

It smells like a carefree, sunny day in June. It would be great to wear to a garden party to go out shopping with your girlfriends. It's not too serious and certainly not romantic.

Just thinking about this scent makes me happy. :-)

ann.sundwall
ann.sundwall

Sadly, this is the one and only perfume that smells like cat urine on me. It does. Distinctly. And I know cats very well. It must be something to do with my skin chemistry, because it doesn't smell that way in the bottle. I do love the Aqua Allegoria line in general. My all time favourite perfume is Flora Nymphea, and I am very sad that I can't wear AA Pamplelune. But there you are, I can't. Wish I could smell it on someone with the right chemistry.

Mimielle
Mimielle

A refreshing scent but grapefruit isn't kind to everyone. Absolutely one to try on your skin for a day before buying.
I think the Aqua Allegorias will be lovely to wear on summer days with the heavier Guerlains layered on to go out at night. I plan to test this theory with several in summer 2014.
Honeyed notes always come out on me when there is fruit but this is fresh and not at all cloying. Stays close to my skin and only lasts a couple of hours but I have a lot of trouble holding many fragrances in EDT form as long as most.

bronstein
bronstein

This one is more unisex than strictly female to me. It is very fruity, albeit unexciting. I have no idea who should wear it, not to mention when.

At first it is citrus fragrance with a bitter note, but a bit later it develops into very nice, orange-garden scent. Then, after more than an hour, you will smell also flowers. Fragrance with harmony, far from mainstream perfume.

Update: I've tested it in late summer and I have to tell you that it is 100% refreshing. Good for warm weather for sure. However, it is just a bit too bitter for me.

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

Got the 15 ml edt purse spray. Refreshing and longlasting (something uncommon for citrus scents)! Pamplelune is juicy, sweet and a little spicy. Perfect summer-fall fragrance!

ClaudiaA1
ClaudiaA1

It is a yummy fragrance, that reminds me of spring mornings

njaalgahaisyeini
njaalgahaisyeini

I would have actually loved this were it not for the patchouli. It really makes this feel musty and unpleasant on me.

lia78
lia78

Guerlain's aqua allegoria collection doesn't disappoint. It's very true to it's notes indicated and 'Cat pee' isn't one of them. I don't own a cat so I wouldn't know exactly what their pee smells like. But, if 'cat pee' does indeed smell like this, then I would envy them for smelling really fresh and fruity. Pamplelune smells of bitter grapefruit and hints of sweet vanilla. It has a 'green heady' feel which I'm not fond of. I agree with one reviewer who said 'it transforms'. On me, a very faint minty scent came out mixed with patchouli. But, the overall is fresh and unique. It's quite an enjoyable scent to have actually! love the bottle too!

stardancer
stardancer

This one smells like honey and grapefruit on me. Fresh, enlivening and perfect to carry me through drearier days.

äppelpaj
äppelpaj

Smells kinda nice and fresh, but nothing special.. Turned a bit sweaty on my skin

Moonwalk Memorie
Moonwalk Memorie

Sephora sample.

Tested for the third time, finaly got cat pee and sweet orange juice. :(

Original review: "The most frustrating fragrance I've come across so far.

Opens with deliciously refreshing grapefruit and bergamot without crossing into "lemon cleaner" or "cat pee" (at least to my nose*). The grapefruit dissipates within 5 minutes, patchouli makes a quick appearance, and then... poof. It's all gone. Barely 10 min on my skin.

Pamplelune would've been my go-to spring and summer days scent.

*I quickly asked someone if they smelled cat urine on me, and they said yes. This person has a bad sense of smell but claimed to recognize the stench. We've both gone through nose cringing experiences with cats, so I'm wondering if it has anything to do with pH levels or just an individual's association with scents."

Blutengel
Blutengel

If my cat's pee would smell like this, I would force that cat to drink so it could urinate all day on my clothes. This smells just gorgeous. It's long lasting when sprayed on clothes, very fresh, and makes me drift away every time I smell it. Lovely!

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

I'm glad I haven't blind bought this one. I must admit I had high expectations from it because I love grapefruit. The opening is pleasant like cold grapefruit juice. About half an hour later, it becomes a skin scent, and turns a bit odd on my skin... too sour. And that's about the short life of this fragrance. Try it before you buy it.

ckinsobe
ckinsobe

I am glad I am not alone in finding cat pee all over this one. Very frustrating because I really love the scent for a few seconds and than BAM! MEOW! and off I go to wash it off. Have not dared walk out of the house wearing it, lest I get a trail of local feral cats chasing after me as I ride my bicycle thought the neighborhood.

This came as one of a set of 4 small samplers, and the other 3 are good, one I absolutely love, Herba Fresca, the other two are quite pleasant as well, so I am looking forward to trying other variations of this fun line. Too bad this confusing Pamplelune is not quite right!

Sasha1004
Sasha1004

Arriving from London to Miami International airport in August. Laying in my hammock under a coconut palm,barefoot, staring up at a young,green iguana staring down at me.
Heady,shimmering white grapefruit.
Intoxicating.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Pamplelune opens with a energizing grapefruit scent. I wouldn't say it smells like real real grapefruit but it's well elaborated IMO. The acedity, the sweetness and the bitterness are perfectly balanced to create a sparkling and pleasant citrus scent. After about 2 or 3 hours, grapefruit hands the relay off to an aromic base of petitgrain, decorated by a hint of sweet vanilla and neroli, and it stays close to skin for another 2 or 3 hours.

Pamplelune is relatively simple IMO, but efficient. A refreshing fragrance for summer outdoor activities. I'd recommend to someone who's desperately looking for a natural citrus dominant fragrance.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is a no-frills grapefruit scent, with tart true grapefruit and a hint of petitgrain and cassis giving a nice slight aromatic background. Very energising and bright, but a bit more simple than I would have liked. Staying power about 5-6 hours, not bad for a citrus scent. Summer time only really I think, the tartness of the grapefruit is perhaps a bit too much for an indoor/work environment. Likeable, but lacking the character of Mandarine Basilic.

ecp
ecp

I agree completely with Chris v.V. I get a fabulous burst of a perfect grapefruit, wonderful, yummy, realistic...then it lightens and I smell a bit of pettigrain...then it fades quickly, leaving the faintest hint that a fragrance had recently been there. Too bad, that first five minutes are almost worth the price of the bottle. I had nothing close to a cat urine or synthetic smell.

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

Cat owner, here. Nope -- doesn't smell like cat pee on me. At first it smells like a burst of citrus-y grapefruit and then...nothing. Only the barest hint of petit grain ten minutes later -- even then I have to bury my nose as far into my flesh as possible to catch a whiff. Pity. I really, really like the initial spritz!

Pookiebiscuit
Pookiebiscuit

This perfume is amazing on me, usually I don't go for citrusy types of perfume but I thought I would try it on for a summer fragrance it i kept it on for e day. A first the grapefruit was prominent and this was pleasant, as the perfume developed, it became a sweeter, more delicate smell and this works well with my skin. Beautiful fragrance but it does really depend on your skin, I'd say it's worth a try but it did not smell nice on my mum.

mary.crawley
mary.crawley

The first smell is so citrusy wonderful - then straight into cat piss for me, too. In reading the breakdowns of the middle notes, it's the cassia (which is the leaf of the black currant, as opposed to cassis, the fruit) that creates this nasty smell for my chemistry. That first whiff is so beautiful though - really makes me sad I can't wear this. Back to my eternal search to find a replacement for the one fragrance that's ever v smelled divine on me: urban decay's "sin".

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

I love Guerlain, and I was so excited to try this one. But between the cat-pee note in the grapefruit and the drydown that's so much patchouli, it's really not going to work for me.

Juliana6
Juliana6

I normally like grapefruit and I was happy to notice there was a scent like that but...
It's realistic, fresh grapefruit scent if I smell it on the paper strip or directly from the bottle or the cap but on my skin it smells.. Well, let's say politely not good. Kind of sour, a bit dirty and weird. I wanted to love it so much...

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

This smells like cat urine on me! Why? I have no idea, its just horrible; luckily I still have mandarin basilic.

lapierrefine
lapierrefine

This is a great summer scent on me - grapefruit, black currant and honey! Of course always try before you buy. It's not the perfume, it's the chemical reaction with your body and olfactory nerves. Interesting that so many associate this with civet/cat urine. Cabochard has the same effect on me, though I love it on others.

Aquarky63
Aquarky63

LOVE LOVE this! Exhilarating citrus....absolute perfection for summer mornings just out of shower! I heard citrus in the morning gives you a mental and psychological lift and morning head start - and i can certainly use all the mental zip i can get in that regard -YAY aromatherapy! And this fragrance is the perfect way to do so and it is a bargain. I started by using a mandarin orange shower gel then spritz this on before dressing ( hope that is not TMI). It really lifts spirits and sparkles. Love the other softening layers...not too acrid like some citrus. Total mood enhancer....can't wait to try the cinnamon tip offered by other reviewer.

Chocobaby
Chocobaby

What a lovely burst of citrus! clean, fresh grapefruit and bergamot. Dries down to a soft sandalwood. It's definitely a spring/summer fragrance. Not much longevity.

xXx CHAR xXx
xXx CHAR xXx

Cat pee ... That's a bit much!

I just returned Jasminora (Total moth balls) in exchange for this citrus burst!

I love it for a change of scentery!

Cybernoir
Cybernoir

This is a very bright, happy, daytime fragrance, opens with fresh grapefruit galore! Not sour, not bitter, but not sweet either, like the grapefruit in Coco Noir, which to my nose is a sweet, pink grapefruit. This is a big, juicy, pale yellow grapefruit, and it is powerful. The Petitgrain is also quite noticeable on me, giving it a rosy, green note that I love.

The grapefruit seems to linger forever, as the orange blossom brings a little sweetness to the composition, but never does it become candied or too sweet. And the drydown is to die for, just yummy vanilla mixed with a patchouli that is not a dirty patchouli, but still quite noticeable. I love this. Today is a perfect day for this fragrance: cool and windy without a cloud in the sky.

No cat pee on me!

Just sayin' and yes, I know what cat urine smells like, and yes, I know what the cat urine "note" smells like in other perfumes, but this does not happen on my skin.

aschiffm
aschiffm

it smelled nice in the bottle but when i tried it on my skin it smelled like citrus mixed with BO.. kind of stale and flat. definitely not the prettiest of this line..

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

It's funny how I see some negative reviewers refer to cat urine.

What gives it a rather bitter note works for me, it keeps it from being too bright, therefore feminine in my mind.

Its name may lead people to believe it would be a straight or outright citrusy fragrance, thankfully it is curbed and shows some more masculine notes to make it wearable year round and for both sexes.

antfarm
antfarm

Citrussy underarm B.O.: like someone was wearing one of those natural deodorants and it wore off.

morgs
morgs

I love this fragrance so thought I'd look up the reviews to see what other people thought. I was really surprised to find how many people found it didn't smell good on them. It is the first citrus fragrance I have ever tried that had any longevity and I find that the citrusy top notes stay radiant and fresh (juicy) whereas normally citrusy notes turn very bitter on me(like old fruit peel). The dry down is heavenly - a mix of vanilla and patchouli and I can still smell that after 12 hours. I have introduced it to two friends and both felt immediately compelled to buy it and one of those friends normally dislikes any fragrance and hardly ever buys or wears it. It was my understanding that the composition includes blackcurrant and I thought that might explain why the top citrusy notes stay radiant for so long. This one must smell different on different people, more than most.

raw umber
raw umber

I did a grapefruit comparison, and Guerlain's Acqua Allegoria Pamplelune smells much less realistic than Eau de Pamplemousee Rose by Hermes.

On my skin, Pamplelune's grapefruit is layered with a subtle ammonia-like almost urine element, which might be a failed attempt at the bitterness of the grapefruit peel, an (off) green aspect, or some sort of pepper/earth note. It is quite unpleasant, and the ammonia element persists throughout the dry-down.

I can feel the florals pulling on this grapefruit with their freshness, trying to retrieve it from the stagnant interior of the bathroom at the county fair, begging it to come out and get some fresh air, but Pamplelune stubbornly refuses to budge.

Anyone considering this should definitely also sample Eau de Pamplemousee Rose. They are both available at Sephora.

Kapuzik
Kapuzik

Cat wee...in the box of oranges...

Lolalemon
Lolalemon

I am so happy to be the owner of a mini bottle of this! (and nothing larger).
Blind bought to test -- and I have to say it's just not my cup of tea. The patchouli and petit grain make a mess of the neroli and grapefruit. It has a dusty smell to it- as well as the cat pee people have mentioned. It's weird how certain things just don't add well together.

weijia.li.33
weijia.li.33

fruity but not sweet. a little bit sour. you won't notice after 1-2hours but all of a sudden you can smell it as if it says "I'm here". Perfect for cold days,too

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

Am I the only one who detects lots of patchouli in this fragrance? Sure, it's nice zesty grapefruit and lots of neroli (though, I thought it was orange blossom, I still cannot quite distinguish between the two), but I immediately sensed the patchouli, especially in the dry-down, and I love it!

Many reviews mention cat pee/BO smell, and I was always afraid of that association, so I refrained from getting a full bottle. I don't know whether it's a skin chemistry or psychological, but I've been wearing it lately, and I do not get any foul smells whatsoever. No one else I asked about it got that association, either. All I get is a fresh and sweet grapefruit-patchouli and I think it smells amazing!

naoneo
naoneo

i love it. n agree with persefoni, it doesn't always fit.
sometimes it last for more 8 hour but sometimes it gone before 2 hour.

curvealert
curvealert

I liked this so much that I bought it today - 8 degrees in central London. Maybe the drab weather made me look for an olfactory pick-me-up. I don't intend to wear it now, but it's in the locker for next summer. I love the combination of grapefruit, blackcurrant and vanilla - the notes that stand out most on my skin. It's tutti frutti in the classiest way, and the use of patchouli and vanilla makes the citrus notes last even longer, a huge plus.

Try before you buy; I can see how on some skins this scent would bring out the 'cat pee' note some have mentioned. The scent is on the acidic/sharp side, but if you're lucky enough to be compatible with it, it's a good value summer perfume.

persefoni
persefoni

I like this one a lot, though i understand it doesn't always fit, as it is quite loud.. but today i had an epiphany and layered it with Serge Luten's Rousse, which is quite THE cinnamon smell, as i thought we often do so in cakes (orange peels-freshly ground cinnamon) despite the pampelune meaning grapefruit.. The result was unbelievably aromatotherapeutic, and lasted a good 7 hours!! It also made me feel more active and happier at work ;)!

cronai
cronai

A real ode to citrus, and a joy to wear on a summer day! A warm,sunny, happy fragrance, with somes spices thrown in for good measure.

It is a great perfume for outdoor activities. It blends well with warm afternoons, and brings back memories of pleasant summer outings. It has a citrus smell with a twist, and it is more sophisticate than your normal summer cologne.

A very feel-good -- yet energizing -- sort of juice: gotta love it!

CleoMoore
CleoMoore

Very sparkly opening - an in-your-face grapefruit zest that manages to not be obnoxious because it is so natural. It's like the oils released when you break into a grapefruit ... Without the bitter note that comes from the pith.

About 5 min in, the green notes come and the grapefruit settles down. There is still a ton of citrus but the neroli and patchouli wrangle it nicely and the barest hint of vanilla rounds it out perfectly. I get no cat pee.

Not generally a fan of citrus but it's likeable and I will keep my mini for days when I want to mix it up a bit.

von dita
von dita

The smell of it is... overwhelming!i mean,it's sooo good:)i could not resist it the first time i tried it!to my nose,i get lots of grapefriut and warm patchouli.

kitten_steele

Update: I asked my hubby what he thought of the scent I was wearing today. I didn't mention the cat pee. He thought I smelled good. He liked it. Then after he had said that, I asked if he thought it smelled like cat pee. He said no. To his nose it smelled alot citrus, no cat pee at all. So I guess I can wear it for his sake now. And since he likes it and don't smell what I smell, I can endure that cat pee smell 'til I finish the bottle. But I won't buy it again. :-)

kitten_steele

I bought this one after smelling it on a paper-stick. I thought it smelled fresh and something like watermelon. Normally, the scent on the paper-stick is very similar or even spot on, to what I finally get on my skin, or even better. So normally I can buy perfume if I like it on the stick. That's what I did. I haven't tried it, until now though. I had it several years unopened. Then after reading lots of reviews here, people thinking it smells like cat pee, I had to try it on my skin. I thought no way they can be right. Oh, but you were. It does smell like cat pee. Even more than Ralph Lauren Ralph. It smells like when a former friend's cat peed in my sneakers. I can smell citrus and freshness too. It was around an hour ago that I sprayed it. Unfortunately I can still smell the cat pee. I sure hope that particular smell will vanish after another hour or so. I am most curious to what my hubby will say about it, when he gets home. I don't know what to do with the perfume if it continues to smell like cat pee. I will update later on when my hubby gets home. I really want to know what he thinks.

Cams
Cams

This is one of the most authentic grapefruit notes ever. Love this one and as it develops it gets better and better. Try it on the skin before judging it - I was initially deterred by the cat-pee comparison but not for long! A summer fav!

rasia
rasia

I've had a small bottle (7,5ml) for a couple of years and every now and then I've tested it on my wrist. I've enjoyed it but not passionately - it was kinda nice, light citrus but nothing special. Then last week I finally found a big bottle on sale with atomizer (75ml). I don't know if it's the atomizer or what but WHOA! It's so intense, vivid and happy, it's like whole new perfume for me. For my surprise this one is a real longevity monster - after 30+ hours and three showers I can still detect the scent on my wrists. And no cat pee what so ever!
I'm confused. I thought nothing would beat my signature scent - Herba Fresca from the same Aqua Allegoria line - but after this purchase I just might have to get used to the thought of having a new summery signature. :)

KatyK
KatyK

Best grapefruit scent ever! So uplifting and zinging with freshness in the topnotes and a gorgeous earthy sensual drydown - an amazing combination with exceptional staying power. This stays with me all day - if only someone could do this treatment with a true orange fragrance - that would be sensational. Meanwhile this is an all season pick me up frgrance - sunshine in a bottle!!

Most of all I feel the juicy grapefruit note mixed with the cassis note in this fragrance. First it seemed to me joyful, but then it started to smell sour enough. Besides, it reminds a little bit a scent of cat's... eh... prank (to say more delicate) sometimes!:)

Not my cup of tea:)))

akheperure
akheperure

The moment I sprayed it on I was hit by the smell of male cat urine... Meow!... and it stayed on for a few minutes.
But soon the cat pee smell goes away, and the perfume becomes very pleasant, dreamy actually. I cannot describe it, it kind of feels like being in the gardens of some ancient castle covered with ivy, surrounded by overgrown vines of soft scented flowers... and lots of cats... ^-^
My cup of tea really... :))))
The cat pee thing does not bother me much as it quickly goes away, what remains is a slight shadow of it, with a peculiar citrusy scent...

I wrote the review above, one year ago. As I sprayed on the perfume again today, I felt none of the cat pee notes that always came up in the past. Instead, I felt an intense grapefruit scent mixed with that same wonderful combination of fragrant fresh flowers and vines as it did before. Either way, I've always loved the smell :)

clover.chen
clover.chen

tried this on my skin yesterday. it didnt end well. i have read good reviews and bad, ones referring it to cat piss. judging from the notes and accords i should like it. especially since i love the smell and taste of grapefruit. the toilette was promising when i sniffed the cap. on the card it was still nice. but when i sprayed it onto my skin, it just went sour and more sour. finally it turned into this weird awful smell that i can only imagine what other reviewers compare to as cat piss. the best part about this perfume is the bottle. i love the aqua allegoria bottle design, which looks expensive but friendly. i know this is guerlain's inexpensive line and it is suppose to be eau de toilette, but the quality i find is poor. the longevity and projection is very short comparing to the general eau de toilettes out there. it is more like an eau fraiche at best. i tried to and want to like this line, but it just doesnt work for me. i rather buy another perfumer's less expensive eau fraiche or pay the same and get a decent eau de toilette.

Patricia40
Patricia40

I found a gift set of minature Guerlain Eau de toilette, in this perfume, Shalimar, Samsara and Champs Elysees. I never thought I would like "bitter grapefruit", as someone commented here, but i do. It makes me curious as to what the EDP would smell like. I love this on my skin, to me it is so unique. I cannot stop smelling the Shalimar either.

Pusur
Pusur

Last year. Toscana. Airport full of people. Norway 13 degres, Rome 38. Pampeluna grabbed quickly and desperately. Like not me. Later sun burning the toscan´s earth. Olive trees kneeing. Warm tomatoes and ice creams on my hand. Now when rain is playing on my windows... Aqua Allegoria. Sun in the rain.

Pinja
Pinja

The most radiant, bright, positive and uplifting perfume among the 400 or so perfumes I have smelled so far. This is sparkling, fizzy and dynamic. The packaging captures it very well. Pamplelune does smell yellow and golden. Pure sunshine and bursting citruses.

To compare with some other scents:
-Fizzy and crisp like DKNY Woman, but Pamplelune is warm in character where DKNY is cool and even cold.
-The feel of "yellow radiance" I find similar with Aqua di Parma Magnolia Nobile. MN is a more flowery and maby more feminine fragrance.
-Mugler's Womanity has similar explosive fruityness. Pamplelune is more traditionally perfumey, Womanity weirder and edgier.

tbozzo
tbozzo

I just had to try this. Is it beautiful? Is it cat urine? I just had to know! I wish I would have had the chance to smell this before reading the reviews. I get both sides. IMO this smells of the citrusy deoderant that they use in cat litter. It does not smell of actual urine. But the association is clear to anyone who has ever cleaned a litter box. I think it unfortunate that some perfumers ingredients have become so inexpensive that they permeate our everyday existence... making them common,and somehow less beautiful for it.
Sorry, but this was a scrubber for me.

Jayne58
Jayne58

This began absolutely beautifully - gorgeous, fresh, juicy sugared grapefruit. I was able to enjoy it for several weeks when, to my dismay, it suddenly turned into the dreaded cat pee on me. What changed? This was a heartbreaker.

I apologize in advance for this extremely curt review.

Bitter grapefruit--yuuuuuuuuuck!

edpjunkie
edpjunkie

In The Guide, LT points out that high quality grapefruit notes will smell like a citrus dream to some and garlic to others. I love this fragrance, but I had to wear it a few times before my nose "sorted out' the notes. When one smells an unfamiliar note, the brain usually generalizes the new smell to one it already 'knows'; hence the reason why people associate the citrus in this to cat pee(?) This is a beautiful fragrance for summer or spring but will be an instant mood lifter for any time of the year. The citrusy top notes fade into a seamless,beautiful dry down.

jeca

Funny comparisons :o) For me this is the most joyful grapefruit of all grape scents. I chose it many-many years ago among dozens just because when I try it it made me laugh ;o) So crazy and cozy it is ;o) I am now wearing it with a great pleasure.

ingrideco
ingrideco

It´s a delightfull grapefruit scent. Citrus-sweet fruity. Sharp

Tovah
Tovah

I LOVE Pamplelune, and I'm sorry to those who think I smell like cat pee. To me this is the most gorgeous, bright, uplifting citus ever, and the warm vanilla drydown is superb. My husband thinks it smells like body odor, and my two sons despise it, but my daughter and I adore it, so we wear it for each other. This is joy in a bottle!

pickledtink
pickledtink

I loved the first burst of grapefruit, lemon and bergamot. An uplifting heady fizz with no bitter tang at all. The blackcurrant was in there almost immediately which worked beautifully. This manages zing without sharpness or sherbet.
I wish it had all stayed around a bit longer but it soon merged into the soft base notes with a hint of pettigrain remaining and thankfully for me no hefty overdone boot of vanilla.
Love it. No cat pee at any time nor anything unpleasant at all just wish it had all lasted longer. A really nice surprise. Not what I expected but all good.

Matt Oldham

I believe it must smell bad to some people but to those who smell cat pee: you also have to believe those of us for whom it smells absolutely beautiful, a full-on masterpiece and a true classic Guerlain in it's subtlety and complexity.

lune85
lune85

There appears to be a reoccurring pattern with this fragrance. When I smelled it at a department store with my mother, I thought it smelled like a very natural citrus. On the other hand, she thought it smelled like cat pee. My mom has raised many cats during her childhood and she owns a cat now, so this lady knows her cat pee. I think it would best to err on the side of caution and avoid wearing this. Smelling like cat urine, even to one person, is one person too many.

ydee
ydee

Very nice citruses, I like it, in the begin a bit scharp but so frech, and after it softens it is very nice and still fresh.
Wear it now for 6 hours since test-sprayed in the shop and it luckely didn't became bad like on several others, it only gets softer.
Thinking about to buy for the next summer.

sarage
sarage

I love citruses and especially grapefruit. First I loved this perfume but also on my skin the fresh, lovely scent changed into something awful. I couldn't believe it was the same perfume..
I can see it wasn't only my experience.
Beautiful bottle.
Still looking for the perfect grapefruit perfume.

kalios55
kalios55

Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune has a patchouli enhanced fruity opening. The currant hits first then all the citrus family follows closely. It's tolerable until the drydown starts--sweetened cat urine--curse the skin chemistry.
One little dab of this .. (sigh) .. lasts several hours on my wrist but the sillage is low. I will not wear it anywhere .. I do not want people to think I am a psycho cat-lady.

pauluch3
pauluch3

Starts off fresh or even harsh with a lot of grapefruit. Then all I can smell is medicine, I guess thanks to the petit grain and bergamot mix. I'll pass on this one.
***

tuoksu
tuoksu

I don't get the cat urine smell at all... and I have had cats. My husband and I both like this a lot. I wonder though if others around me will get the cat urine vibe from me? I hope not! I hope it's just a body chemistry thing.

calyx93
calyx93

I like it and I hate it - yes, simultaneously.

Yes, I get the burst of juicy grapefruit in the beginning, but the development thereafter really, I mean REALLY smells like cat urine. Okay, maybe not to some folks, but if one knows the unmistakable, sharp, ammoniacal smell of cat urine and has it well defined in memory, it is VERY hard to review and appreciate this perfume without this association.

Unfortunately, I DID read about the cat urine comparison before I bought it. I can appreciate it, but sadly, cannot wear it. I've had five people say the same thing about it - something about my clothes smelling of cat pee.

Here's the perplexing thing - In front of me I have a bottle of AA Pamplelune and a 15mL bottle of Aura Cacia Grapefruit essential oil. Now, the Pamplelune, we already know what it's trying to represent, but the essential oil actually does it MUCH better and with a better feel, development and longevity. Never does it EVER turn into cat urine - why? What is it, other than the patchouli, that turns this potentially gorgeous fragrance into the smell of a litter box?

tigerhearted
tigerhearted

Ugh this was really foul on me. Like rotting fruit. Ugh!

Finally, after about an hour or two, it dried down to something NOT resembling rotting citrus flesh, at which point it became a very pleasant and mellow vanilla/sandalwood with a whiff of plasticy grapefruit.

For me, so not worth the first repulsive hour.

HazelMae
HazelMae

Reading some of the reviews of this fragrance is a convincing argument to me that people can have very different perceptions of a smell. To me, this smelled abominable, and I just wanted to get away from it as quickly as possible, so much so that maybe this isn't a fair review since I could not give it a full wearing.

I don't object to synthetics - sometimes a synthetic can be really different from what it represents yet still good on its own, just as a red popsicle doesn't taste much like a cherry but is still very good. The synthetic grapefruit here smells horrible to me, just god awful and not very much like a citrus fruit, though enough like one that I could tell it was meant to represent a grapefruit. But maybe that is just suggestion. It is hard for me to describe this smell: medicinal and harsh, like unmentionable personal care products.

I can see that this is not the typical experience, but it may be helpful in that this review would prevent someone from a disastrous blind buy. If this smells like fresh citrus grapefruit to you, then wear it in good health. I honestly feel bad giving such a bad review to something so many others clearly enjoy. I suspect there is a newer citrus aromachemical that most people find fine and a smaller group doesn't percieve the same way. I suspect this same chemical is also in the new Bottega Veneta, which everyone else loves and I find harshly chemical.

Sassy1
Sassy1

Strong over ripe grapefruit rind followed by stinky sweaty body odor.

Unpleasant? You bet! I wrinkled my nose every time I took a sniff. And my chemistry's not to blame as it was the same on the tester strip.

My opinion? It reeks!

afrancum1
afrancum1

i've had this fragrance for years and always wear it in the summer-it's definitely not for everyone but i always feel light and happy when i wear it-great citrus on me-i don't get the cat pee at all-but doesn't last long on me-sparkling is how i describe it

Arrogant_Cat
Arrogant_Cat

This is my perfect grapefruit heaven.

I was looking for an authentic grapefruit perfume and was hesitating between Jo Malone`s Grapefruit Cologne and this one. I finally decided to go with Pamplelune.

I use it whenever I want to indulge in pure grapefruit juice, it is very citrussy, refreshing and sharp, just like the real fruit! I dont get any blackcurrant in the middle but eventually the vanilla softens the sharpness, it is just really nice, feminine, good quality fragrance.

The lasting power is standard EDT I think but I often spray it on my hair as well and it does hold, not too bad.

I would really recommend it for all the citrus-lovers out there, perfect for hot summer days.

Ambrosia8
Ambrosia8

I love this stuff, it has a very natural grapefruit smell, it's super citrusy, but then, you get the vanilla through all the bitterness of the fruits, and it's just perfect in its own weird way. Often, I find that fragrances that have a lot of citrus are boring, they all smell the same! But this one is different, it's very interesting (but still totaly wearable). Unlike others, I don't find it too strong at all (maybe it's because I always use such a tiny amount of perfume that I rarely find fragraces too intense). Anyway, the only thing keeping me from buying pamplelune is its crappy lasting power... I wish it lasted more than 3 hours, then it would be a total buy!

SubitoCat
SubitoCat

Well...i think this is the first bottle of perfume i ever finished. Except the Bulgari au thé vert, which has leaked out in my bag. I love the odour of Grapefruit, but I dislike the heavy Patchouli in the basenotes a bit. But for Summer...hmmm, yummy. And i think it depends always on your skin, how a perfume turns out to smell

kellie_lill
kellie_lill

It is so intensive,sometimes i cannot stand it,but it makes you remarked.

Siv55
Siv55

This is one of the better Aquas. Orangey, citrusy, sweet lemonade, drydowns softly. Nice summer daywear.

ducktuck
ducktuck

I was sure that I was going to love this, but NO NO NO!!! To me this smelled like rotten citrus. I'm not sure where they went wrong, but it's sour, rotten, and unpleasant.

HeavenlyScent
HeavenlyScent

Citrus overload! I really enjoy this fragrance. However, it´s gone after 1 hour and I don´t feel like reapplying it 10 times a day. What a pity. It wouldn´t take very long to finish a big bottle. Pity.

I purchased Pumplelune in a big department store where they were selling a lot of superknown perfumes for $10 and $20 because their original boxes had been damaged in a warehouse accident. Tones of "unboxed" scents throwed in big baskets for you to choose. A funny picture of dozens of people fighting to get their own bottle of the latest Gucci or Dolce & Gabbana release for $10. While I was looking at all this as if were civil war or maybe a supermarket assault after a cataclism, I saw 2 unattended bottles on a side. I got closer to them and realized they were Guerlain's Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune and Herba Fresca. I rapidly grabbed them both and rushed to the counter. I wasn't expecting too much and actually I wasn't so curiosus about them, but for $20 I gave them a chance.

Pamplelune is nice. Very realistic in the opening with a big dose of tart freshly squeezed Grapefruit joined by bitter green leaves. It turns rapidly sweeter and a bit warmer with clean musk, vanilla and "shy" patchouli. Unpretentious and honest. I won't consider it as an office fragrance but I'll surely enjoy it in the summer after a day of work and a stone-cold shower.

Rating: 7.5-8/10

silviaci
silviaci

This smells dirty to me, like I've overdone with some nasty fragrance the day before and haven't washed yet. I love grapefruit, but this is not a good grapefruit

sofiii
sofiii

To me, Pamplelune is a nice refreshing lemon soap scent which should’ve been made into a perfume.
It starts with really real lemon skin zest sweetness and gives off a green-ish, energetic, sunny summer morning feeling (however, in Asia, a brand called Safeguard, made by P&G, has lemon flavoured soap, which doesn’t have much soapiness, and smell really alike Pamplelune. so…here Pamplelune makes a refreshing and energising shower soap scent to me).

As the scent develops, something slightly more powdery comes in, as in green, leafy powdery. If the beginning of the scent is a sweet lemon plus a dark, fat, juicy green leave, now it’s like a light green freshly grown grass and the sweet lemon. As the scent lighten up, a quasi-pomegranate scent comes in and give it some fresh sourness. It should be nice, but I find it weird, the combo smells like 10 times diluted swim pool water (I guess it’s when a lemon scent is not lemon enough, it’s kinda rubbery and chlorine-smelling). It is not the headache-inducing ‘aquatic’ sports perfume smell, but more to a sour salty end, however, unless you love the swimming pool smell with a passion, I wouldn’t say the smell is that good to wear. The weird thing is, there’s a parallel between the smell of this perfume now, and a clean-sweat soaked t-shirt of yours, it’s like you don’t mind smell yourself, but you wouldn’t feel as nicely-dressed, nor feel any of the nice mentality an elegant/fancy/perfume-y perfume would give you.

Over all, if you like a non-perfume perfume, and like citrusy smell, try this one; however, this is more like a lemon-soap residual on you, and stays for about three hours maximum, be aware of the strength of this fume before you buy.

plumblossom
plumblossom

At the beginning it smells like fresh citrus, then it smells like cat-pee, very strange !

zvoncica
zvoncica

I just wrote that Flora Nymphea is fierce and acrid. And I liked it much more than Pamplelune!

For sure the worst Guerlain I have tested. Yes, Pamplelune opens with notes of citruses, but for some unknown reason I don't like it or consider it all that fresh(and I am lover of fresh citric scents). This is not a pleasant or light perfume, quite the opposite I find it disturbing and overpowering. And if I ignore that two shortcomings then I am left with the fact that Pamplelune is artificial by its smell, boring in its nature and overpriced for (no) delight given.

From three tested allegoric waters 2 scared me, 1 pleased. Will see what happens in future.

jackgirl
jackgirl

Just got this as a present from someone in Paris.
When I first tried it in the shop, it smelled like fresh cut grapefruit but now I detect 100% lemon. Where did the grapefruit go?
Lovely fragrance but it doesn't last long :(

dina
dina

I love citrus-y fragrances but this one is a bit strong in an unpleasant way.

txlavender
txlavender

I've had this in my collection since it came out in 1999. I love the grapefruit and citrusy scent on a warm summer day, and the common note with all my favorite fragrances is sandalwood. I've been using it for over 10 years (on the right days of course), and it still brings a smile to my face!

melia
melia

Oef, super bitter citrus! Like the skin of an orange or grapefruit. I don't know how it smells on the skin, but it also has this little sweet thing somewhere which makes you wanna search for it, thats why I've been sticking my nose to it a lot! I don't know if I would want to buy it, but at least it's interesting!

BIG
BIG

I strongly dislike this scent. Upon application it smells like grapefruit, but then, on my skin, it turns into this repulsive scent, which i can describe as MOULD! yes, it smells like musty white bread. maybe the reviewers who like this scent never smelt musty bread.

camillia
camillia

Bought in 2010: This is a beautiful cologne. I would love to shower in it. And I think this scent is even forgiving enough to allow an accidental overdose.
The top note is a bite--, big and real as life, into a sweet& bitter grapefruit. Quite invigorating.
Follows a train of more delicate notes, I imagine violets, because would these not be a lovely match to grapefruit?
Then the dry-down: it is seamless, barely noticeable, I perceive it as a touch of licorice.
On me the scent is quite short-lived.
I make it my companion for days and occasions I want to accentuate with a simple and clear touch of vigor.

perfumeaficionado
perfumeaficionado

Upon first wiff I was hooked. Finding the perfect grapefruit is exceedingly difficult. Grapefruit based fragrances have a tendency to either go too confectionery or sickly tart verging on sour. Pamplelune is the best grapefruit note that I have ever experienced. The first note is a strong juicy sparkling grapefruit zest that slowly unfolds into subtle hints of Bergamot, Neroli and Petitgrain with just the right amount of bitterness. At dry down on my skin the freshness evaporates quickly and a slightly musky Patchouli and Vanilla emerge.

Pamplelune was launched in 1999 as part of the Aqua Allegoria collection. I am not to fond of the Aqua Allegoria line as a whole, Pamplelune is the exception. Aqua Allegoria was designed to appeal to a younger fragrance shopper, where the other Guerlain perfumes may have been intimidating, Aqua Allegoria was to simplify its message and convert new fans to the enduring House of Guerlain. The line mainly consists of single strength notes that evoke natural themes such as mint, mandarin and vanilla. Jean-Paul Guerlain crafted this scent and is further confirmation that Guerlain is still one of the best houses in the world.

Pamplelune is a casual fragrance, best for the spring and summer seasons. It evaporates rather quickly which I actually like and its sillage is very soft, pleasant and powdery. In my opinion this juice is a must for the spring/summer wardrobe. Envision balmy nights walking on the beach gazing at the stars and feeling the tide tickle your toes, while the aura of Pamplelune reminds not to take life to seriously and enjoy the moment.

perfumeaficionado.com

brianplace

(I would even say this is white grapefruit, not pink. There are other fragrances out there that smell more like pink grapefruit.

incidentally, the supposed patchouli basenote is nearly undetectable to me - just a very faint woody sweetness is all I get.)

brianplace

I suspect this has recently been reformulated - I have a mini vial that is at least "several" years old and a brand new 50ml bottle. The 50ml bottle has a stronger, clearer, brighter grapefruit scent; the mini doesn't smell like cat pee to me but I could see how it _might_ be interpreted that way.

I have tried other grapefruits - a whole lot of them, in fact - including things like Bois 1920 Agrumi Amari di Sicilia (which is fine, but a little too floral for my taste) and Cheap & Chic by Moschino and a few more I forgot about. Anyhow, this one is the best. And I've smelled that "cat pee" note in other scents _containing_ grapefruit but not in this one. Still, you should test it before you buy it...

But if you want a great dry grapefruit scent that lasts surprisingly long, this is the one.

janudy
janudy

I was wary of trying this as everyone says it smells like cat pee...and I have had bad luck when it comes to perfumes that smell like BO, pee, skankypants, blood, etc. But this likes me! It's a burst of ruby red grapefruit in the beginning, so tart and juicy I can almost taste the pulp bursting in my mouth. The tartness remains, and the sandalwood mixes in offering a sweet, tangy counterpart to the very strong grapefruit odor. Very good for summer...and it's making me hungry for grapefruit!

Yamba1
Yamba1

The SA at the Guerlain counter raved about this perfume. Although it wasn't instore and I couldn't test it, I thought this sounded like a worthy addition to my collection."So uplifting!" she said, "...divine- you MUST get it!"
I read some of the reviewers described this as cat pee, so I was a little cautious. No- this won't happen to me, I decided. My skin is well behaved and I rarely have issue with skin chemistry. So, yesterday I blind bid on ebay and won it for a fabulous bargain price.
Today upon collection I sprayed my first spray....ahhh, that familiar, sharp tang of grapefruit. Yes, the SA was right- ....so uplifting.
Then, moments later I took another whiff. Oh-oh. Cat pee!!
I'm still happy with it though, the first spray really is great and will certainly put a spring in your step when waking on a hot summers morning.

Now that the temperature has plummeted to 81F, I decided to ferret about my armoire in search of a good citrus perfume in need of a review, and I found...Guerlain AQUA ALLEGORIA PAMPLELUNE, which I obviously don't wear very often, since I nearly forgot about it!

PAMPLELUNE is indeed a citrus fragrance, but not at all typical of this genre. First, the main citrus is not lemon, orange, or bergamot, but grapefruit. Strong, unmistakeable, natural-smelling, just-peeled grapefruit, to be precise. The peel is much more prominent than the juice, hence the bitterness of this citrus, which is not really moderated by the orange or the lemon to any significant degree.

PAMPLELUNE is also atypical for grapefruit fragrances, because it is not at all sweet. No sugar here, and I do not detect the vanilla note as vanilla. Instead, the non-citrus notes come through in the development of PAMPLELUNE to eventually produce a still somewhat bitter, slightly woody, light patchouli drydown.

The reviews indicate a serious skin chemistry polarity here: the cat urine camp no doubt smells just that, but it must be that their own skin is reacting with the rather intense grapefruit essence to produce that smell. Olfactory beauty lies in the nose--and the skin!--of those who sniff.

I myself like PAMPLELUNE and can recommend it for summertime wear, but potential buyers should be aware of the radically divergent views. This citrus fragrance, unlike many, has good longevity, as do all of the members of the Aqua Allegoria series known to me. In the case of PAMPLELUNE, that is good news only for some!

knics33
knics33

Lol at the "cat pee" references... lucky for me, I am 1000000000% dog lover :) (never owned a cat in my life).

On me, Pamplelune is a wonderful and fresh grapefruit/green fragrance that is in NO way candied/synthetic-sweet (yay!). This fragrance literally smells like you are in a very grassy field cutting up a grapefruit. I love the "realness" of Pamplelune... it is SO nostalgic and refreshing. I have just finished a small decant and plan on purchasing soon. A+

schon dayana
schon dayana

Very refreshing at first, but after few hours it doesnt smell so good anymore. The grapefruit scent almost gone, and dun have the weight anymore.I dun think its suitable for matured woman. May be can be wear for hi-tea or picnic at garden/park.

How can a scent with these notes smell of cat pee? A friend of mine always wore this in the summer, she always smelled fresh and clean. Most colognes or scents coming onto the market contain these notes. All I can say is go with your own sense of smell and chemistry. Some people have an odd sense of smell and possibly cat chemistry.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

Super fragrance. I love it !!!Special for summer :))) very sexy.
Probably the inspiration for Guerlain was Tunisia, I love Tunisia and their all wealth of the culture.
Do not test the scent when the colour of scent changed and stands irradiated in the perfumery, then smelling. Pampelune is really charming. I choose on the summer , Hermes orange is on my skin is more man′s . I chose Pampelune.

bliss
bliss

I find this fragrance very light and fresh. On me, it starts out with grapefruit and ends the same way. I'm feeling paranoid now though that others may smell it as cat urine. Makes me kind of uneasy when I wear it. I keep asking others for their opinion but I'm not sure if they're too polite to be honest. For now I will keep wearing it because to me it smells fresh.

saminthe
saminthe

Very refreshing, and this one stays with me all day. I never thought of cat-pee when wearing it, although a colleague once said he thought I smelt bitter like Retsina.

marysasmiro
marysasmiro

I received lots of compliments when I was wearing this very refreshing fragrance. Living in the tropical country this zesty smell from the bergamot mixed with the sweetness of vanilla and patchouli remains one of my favourite summer scent.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Pamplelune smells like fresh grapefruit zest upon application, but quickly morphs into an olfactory memory from childhood. Bear with me and read on.

My mother once had a friend whose home was full of amazing wonders that dazzled me as child: an autoharp, a pottery wheel and kiln, a "Whole Earth Catalog," a large collection of folk music LP's, and her deceased husband's ashes in a box under the bed. This friend was not an especially good housekeeper. Things were well-organized, but all was coated with a fine layer of dust. She always ground her coffee from fresh coffee beans, and the sometimes overflowing garbage would be filled with coffee grounds and orange rinds. She also had a few cats who had sprayed urine in different spots around the house, and whose litterbox was often in need of a fresh supply of litter.

That's the effect I get from Pamplelune: Gloria's house, circa 1978, with its oddly comforting mix of coffee grounds, orange peels, dust and a touch of cat pee. Thanks for the memories, Guerlain! This was not an unpleasant scent for me, but neither is it something I would wear as a perfume.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

I love the inital blast of sharpness from this fragrance, it's so refreshing on a summer morning but the later stages which are warmer and even a little earthy make it good for cold days too. The sillage is impressive and I find that unlike some of the other Allegorias it lasts all day on my skin.

belladonna'sbliss
belladonna'sbliss

Finally a Grapefruit smell that lasts more than 5 minutes. Guess I'm lucky it works with my chemistry. I get very fresh grapefruit for a few minutes than a very citrus & green grapefruit for a long time. right around here i get the detergent lemon smell that doesn't even last a minute on me, few*. The sweet mid notes carry the citrus well. Than hints of earthy smells and after hours the perfume is gone but through out it's course it smells like citrus grapefruit above all. Can't wait to spray on me and my cloths to see how much longer it will stay. I love it though honestly it could have done with a drop less lemon but how can I complain. Thank you for a great citrus that lasts longer than the first top notes.

kewart
kewart

Despite the poor reviews and cat references, I really like this scent.
Grapefruit is such a refreshing change from lemon or orange and the spicy drydown is beautiful.

jesse22
jesse22

my 14 years old daughter tried it on her in shop because liked it citrus smell, then in 5 minutes disappointed and didn't know how to wash it out... I personally didn't find it so bad.

falovalo
falovalo

Smells like citrus cleaner, very medicinal oranges and lemons. Yuck! Just like the Lysol my mom uses to clean the kitchen.

Lunohodik
Lunohodik

just read some reviews, I'm not alone,
well, I hear cats'n'bums here as well, pure cat's pee, all of my friends say the same. I'm sorry:(
cat peed over rotten cumquats.
really strong, unpleasant, wierd indeed

solocha
solocha

Many pluses for this breathtaking fragrance, but not a one for lasting power. It may depend on skin, but on me it lasts up to 4 hours, very close to skin. I'm still not unhappy, even in spite of that, I think it is worth buying.
It opens with an exact reproduction of grapefruit, a very organic and fresh. Later the scent transported me into my grandad's greenhouse with tomato plants for the next season. There was every detail of that aroma - tomato leaves, the moist air and a bit of dark soil. This memory of childhood can be very exhilarating to me, I felt like I only feel once a year - when I see spring has prevailed outside.

Sterling Maiden
Sterling Maiden

I've been looking for a citrus scent that has lasting power, and now I've found it.

Guerlain's Pamplelune on me is predominantly grapefruit, not candied in any way, but more like the smell of a fresh grapefruit in the morning, just after you've sliced it in half. It starts out grapefruit, and it stays that way right through to the drydown many hours later. I don't get the other fruit accords even though they're in there. I also don't get that horrible chemical lemon-household-cleaner smell of a few other citruses I've tried and, sadly, even bought.

As I said earlier, the longevity is amazing, and as an added bonus, any mist that ends up on your clothes is still there long after the scent has disappeared from your skin.

The overall effect is sparkling and fresh from beginning to end, and it smells expensive for a citrus, even though it is not, probably due to good quality ingredients, which is what you'd expect from Guerlain in any case.

This is the first time I've tried the Aqua Allegoria line. I bought Pamplelune on the spot, and now I think it's time to explore the other Aqua Allegorias. There may be a few more that deserve a place in my collection...

FUELedbyCHAOS
FUELedbyCHAOS

Wow! Lucky me! Smells great on me, just like it should. The people I know that do well with it have lighter skin, hair and eyes.

belle de sud
belle de sud

Another vote for cat pee! Couldn't wash this one off fast enough! Usually a Guerlain shoe-in but this did not please me an iota!

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

I accidently grabbed the wrong perfume at Sephora and at first smell thought "oh no..." Then I wore it for an evening and it smelled unique for citrus, not too lemon/orange! It was kinda sexy even. But on the dry down I kept getting a whiff of that pheramone BO smell. Tried it again and I guess it doesnt go well with all chemistries. I still kinda like it though :)

suelle
suelle

It has perfect, absolutely lovely citrus opening. But on me, after ten minutes it's getting sweet, like orange jelly. I thought that would be something refreshing, something to use in summer hot days, but it became like fruit tea thick of sugar. It wasn't the one I looked for.
But now, when it gets cold, maybe I'll try it again.
---
Tried few days ago, in cold weather suits me well. maybe because I look for something sweet and edible

gosienka
gosienka

There was a time when I loved citrus fragrances. Take a grapefruit and mix it with blackcurrant and add some sandalwood and I would have loved it. I sure loved Pamplelune (although, kill me, I had no idea how to pronounce it). It was fresh, bouncy, energetic, and powerful.

My husband swears he does not care about perfumes. The interesting thing is that when we talk about the times I was wearing Pamplelune he refers to me as fresh, bouncy, energetic and powerful. ¨My power girl¨, he says. Little does he know the power belonged to grapefruit, black currant and sandalwood!

golden
golden

FRESH BURST OF SUNSHINE!

aroma refill
aroma refill

I love the scent of orange like this. It's so refreshing.

soirdelune
soirdelune

I adored this scent from the very first sniff. It suits me very much, though I am quite convinced that it would not suit all skin types. The gorgeous grapefruit top note makes a beautiful change from lemon, but there is something seductively soft in the drydown. It's the sort of perfume that lingers and transforms throughout the day, leaving just the subtlest trace of fruit and spice. I really do enjoy it.

Svetoslava
Svetoslava

I have to agree with "takemyhusbandplz". I wanted Pamplelune very badly, but it didn't work. On my skin it smells awfull. :(

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

Lovely bottle just as the others in the Guerlain line. Usually citrus or grapefruit inspired perfumes smell great on me. My husband said it smelt like cat urine & I have to agree. Doesn't work with my chemistry, not my cup of tea.

jeca

This perfume is very intensive, sometimes even unpleasant.

2007

Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune by Guerlain 3.78 out of 5 based on 769 ratings and 151 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.