Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Aqua Allegoria Pivoine Magnifica Guerlain for women

Aqua Allegoria Pivoine Magnifica Guerlain for women
dislike

Aqua Allegoria Pivoine Magnifica Guerlain for women Pictures

A new and enchanting sweet peony fragrance, launched in 2005. The top notes are bergamot, pink grapefruit and violet, peony dominates in the heart, while in the base iris and woodsy notes.

Eau de toilette line Aqua Allegoria is a fragrant fantasy, like taking a walk in the garden, and which garden it is depends on the main note of the composition, while all the other components are there to accentuate its beauty. Aqua Allegoria eau de toilettes are created mainly for women, although, some of them might as well be used by men.

The nose behind this fragrance is Karine Dubreuil.

Violet Pink Grapefruit Bergamot

Peony

iris Woodsy Notes

Parisian Rose

Aqua Allegoria Pivoine Magnifica Fragrance Reviews

Lana148
Lana148

Lovely light floral, but definitely not a real peony smell. This is more like violet-iris, fruity, a little bit woody. Beautiful, delicate and feminine. Easy to wear. Probably the best for spring, but can be worn year-round.

busik
busik

Well, where is the peony? First, bright violet, and then dry wooden iris. Nice powdery violet, and at the beginning very much looks like Putain des Palaces ELDO.

rosy-fingered Eos
rosy-fingered Eos

A nice floral fragrance with a hint of fruits (bitter-freshness of a grapefruit and bergamot) and with powder in the background. The peony is prevalent here--it's that sweet, sugary floral scent throughout the whole composition.

For me it's a casual everyday fragrance with modest sillage and poor longevity. It has a tiny bit of an 'old auntie' feeling to my nose.

kayley123
kayley123

Quite nice for a fruity floral; I especially like the Pink Grapefruit in the opening. However, it doesn't stay long enough for me. The drydown is a nice light, springy floral. If I were more inclined to this type of floral, it would be perfect. A 3.5 (out of 5) star fragrance for me; but not quite good enough for me to want a bottle. I will finish my sample, but I don't think I would purchase any more.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

This one of my favourites of the Allegoria range and I find it sweet but not overly so, fresh but not still warm and inviting. As for the smell of peony which many say is absent - I have no idea what they actually smell like! I have had beautiful pink peonies in my garden for years and to me they have no smell at all. Someone reviewing Dita von Teese's perfume recently said it 'captured the almost corrupt smell of peony perfectly'. So maybe I should be glad that this fragrance smells to me like a whole garden of fresh and beautiful flowers - no corruption here! Just a lovely, feminine fragrance suitable for wearing any time.

MissRalux
MissRalux

i am not a big fan of this perfume, it smells too sweet and reminds me of candy that i use to eat when i was little but all washed with the smell of flowers, especially violet. definitely not for me

daisymargueritte
daisymargueritte

Obviously, and as many have noted, peony should figure in the list of notes. But after all, this omission is not that wrong in the sense that I don't smell much peony here. This is a note I love, so I'm quite disappointed. I smell mainly cherry (?!) and violet, and overall find this fragrance quite tarty too. Not bad, but a total mismatch with the name.

Pivoine Magnifica is quite tart, even more so on my skin. Peony is often a difficult note for me, so is grapefruit, and any harsh citrus accords. You can only imagine the issues I faced while wearing Pivoine Magnifica and experiencing it in its entirety.

I remember a few years ago being so very excited about trying Gucci's Envy Me in the tall, pink and girly bottle. Amusing was my expression when I finally tried it, and enlightening it was for me when I discovered that peony was not one of my favourite notes. Pivoine Magnifica has helped me re-live that moment all over again.

Before I continue, I must point out that I personally don't like fruity florals, anything too citrusy or scents dominated by peony. I know that a lot of women have different tastes, and may indeed enjoy this fragrance far more than I have. One of my best friends for example, loves everything that I hate. She'd most likely adore Pivoine Magnifica.

To my nose, this fragrance is a fruity floral. Peony and rose goes quite well with fruity and/or citrusy accords, so in a way, Pivoine Magnifica works. The opening was on the sharp side of things, however it also had a pleasing shampoo-like quality which I rather liked.

Throughout the heart, Pivoine Magnifica transforms itself into something quite soft, rich and woodsy. The tartness created by the rose and peony is still evident, however the disappearance of the citrus makes the blend more agreeable to my nose.

Unfortunately the lasting power is very poor. It is all but vanished after four hours of wear. The bold sillage which was present in the opening, only lasts thirty minutes. Coming from a brand that usually impresses me in the longevity department, this is inexcusable.

Peony lovers, spritz away! If peony isn't for you, honestly I wouldn't waste your time.

marionhenman@gmail.com
marionhenman@gmail.com

why oh why was this discontinued. A scrumptious bunch of flowers is the only way I can describe it

SheShe

I see there's a bit of confusion about the notes... I got my tester bottle today and there's written:
Floral tendre/delicate floral
Notes dominantes/dominant notes
Pamplemousse rose, pivoine majestueuse, iris
pink grapefruit, majestic peony, iris.
This is true btw- the notes listed dominate in my perception.

Grazia
Grazia

Missed middle notes: violet and peony!

RosaMilena
RosaMilena

My chemistry works with all the notes listed here very comfortably. At first spray the bergamot, grapefruit, and violet just splash on so deliciously I just want to bury my nose in my arm and keep it there permanently. I get waft after beautiful waft of richly succulent, fresh-fruity-floral violet delight! The magnificent peony then raises her proud blossom like a trumpet and announces herself like a radiant medieval queen on promenade waving a silk hankie in the bright sunlight. There is a lovely lingering, clean-sweetness here, but not enough to drown the initial succulence of the opening, and not enough to take this to the excess horror of a gourmand. The drydown is an elegantly cozy delight of woody-iris sensuality. This is so far my favorite of the Aqua Allegoria line and wonderfully well blended. It loves my skin and I love it! I'm heartbroken it's discontinued.

Norgirl
Norgirl

a great perfume , sweet summerdays in abottle.The violetts , grapfruits and Bergamot makes this so fresh and nice.
the drydown whit iris and blond woods is so nice to.
but to call this anything whit peony is alittle off almost to me .peony is often a little peppery sweet , but to me there is no such thing in this one.
Gental , happy , summer fragrance , puts a smile upon everybodys face .
like this one .
last a good time aswell on my skin

SheShe

I love it. The smell is great: makes me feel happy, makes me smile, it's sweet and in the end it becomes like a flower- candy. I usually don't like flowery scents but this one is a winner.
Actually it's the best of flowery smells I've known :)
Stays rather close to skin but it's so so cute :)It has a good lasting power and pretty iris in the end, a bit Figue-Iris like. I've noticed Pivoine Magnifica really blooms in spring and is best to wear during warm days, that's the time pivoine becomes magnifica indeed. Have to buy it when my sample finishes, without any doubt.
Addition: my samples are almost finished, I've ordered a bottle. There's something in this fragrance, that's for sure! It's winter now and it doesn't smell its best but it's likeable too - not to mention what will happen in spring, the fragrance really blooms and is a bit candy-like. My favourite of all Allegorias I've tested so far (6 of them).

Siv55
Siv55

I loved the Orange Magnifica and thought this would be a good one too, but it so is not magnifica. It's quite disgusting. Chemical peppery furniture polish. I've looked at the notes it's allegedly got in it and they make no sense. It dies fast, which is good!
The box and the bottle are very pretty. If you have to buy a gift for someone you don't like, buy them this. Next time you see them, if they want to escalate the feud, they will actually wear it.
Spite bottled.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

The opening of Pivoine Magnifica is screechy and disappointing-not completely artificial-smelling-but naturalistic and synthetic all at once.
Perhaps it's the violet and citrus dominating together-a mixture of sweet and tart that is off-kilter.

As the fragrance settles on my skin, the metallic and overmodern note fades, and what is left is a light floral, a gentle peony fragrance, adorned by the other notes. It continues this way for 2-3 hours, not drying down into much-maybe a touch of whatever wood fixative, combined with a gentle powderiness. This fragrance-or allegory water-is definitely weak, not meant for a signature, more of a cologne splash, per rinfrescante.

The screechy opening actually reminds me of Arden Beauty by Elizabeth Arden-a sharp but quite pleasant fresh and clean Floral Green. To sum it all up: Pivoine Magnifica is pretty, wearable, not something I yearn for, but mostly pleasant and...springy.

tsofa
tsofa

I went to Switzerland this Christmas and I was thinking of buying something else but instead I ended up buying pivoine magnifica.

Not a bad fragrance. I can not detect the bergamont and the grapefruit scents from it but I can sure detect the violets and iris scents. I find it soft but not sweet, in fact not sweet at all. And it has something that makes me think that it's kind of masculine (the woodsy notes maybe?).

Its longetivity doesn't last long and doesn't seem to suit me at all, as I have to spray myself every ten minutes. By the time I'll walk out of the door I won't smell it on me anymore.

But anyway, a nice floral perfume for spring-summer. I didn't regret buying it, but I guess one bottle is enough, I will certainly not go and buy a second one.

the splash o violet,adding a little grapefruits and lots of Iris!this is a sweet floral perfume(like it is mentioned).I also think it smells like a more simple version of Insolence.it should be because of violet and Iris mixture.it smells somehow like cream.
it's not very complicated.but it's nice specially for violet and iris lovers.
I'm still wondering,pivoine means peony?so then why there isn't any peony listed here in the notes?by the way I always thought I don't like peony in perfumes,but after smelling this one,I should change my mind.

ChristyS
ChristyS

Quite sweet and flowery but in a really lovely way! it is also a "happy-scent", makes me feel summery and fresh.It lasts long, and altough I am not a big fan of flowery perfumes I really like this one, and also received quite a few compliments for this one.

rosesbecomeme
rosesbecomeme

I am not sure it is Peony I am smelling .I didn't know they had a fragrance . Whatever is coming over to me is probably Iris . I think it is very lovely, one of the best Aquas.

Aalia
Aalia

The pink grapefruit is a lively, lightly sweetened opening note. Mixed with the bergamot it is quite crisp, on the verge of stingingly sharp, but then the demure, precious, violet mixes in. One trouble I often find with peony perfumes they are frequently composed suffocatingly sweet and the peony is overpowering, but, I still love peony because it truly exemplifies flowers, with itś loud color and simple scent! Following this fashion, this peony perfume is sweet, however, the peony retains natural purity,presented as a fresh flower. The peony heart here is forthright and strong, but not sickly syrupy or overpowering. (After 3 applications the sweetness did become unbearably rich). The iris in the base adds more levity and variety, and the "woodsy notes" listed could be a very gentle sandalwood and perhaps some soft white musk. The dry down is delicate and bit powdery. Although a sweet perfume, I enjoyed it! It is an invigorating, simplistic, and classicly styled floral.

ydee
ydee

Nice, Sure sweet peony, love the middle notes most. Long lasting too.
Used for one day and liked it very much.
The middle notes smelled familiar and is almost the same as Cherry Fantasy by Nina Rici on my skin, but smells bit brigther.

jeca
jeca

I like it too. Sweet peony, like candied flower, but after the sugar is gone, the flower scent is so romantic and natural!

2007
elgab89
elgab89

Very sweet floral perfume. My husband hated it at first, however he loved the dry out. Me too! I think of spring anytime wearing it. I love to layer it too, as this scent is not complex and you can create complexity by mixing it with your favourite Guerlain.

2007

Aqua Allegoria Pivoine Magnifica by Guerlain 3.97 out of 5 based on 119 ratings and 24 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Pivoine Magnifica fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Pivoine Magnifica, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aqua Allegoria Pivoine Magnifica by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aqua Allegoria Pivoine Magnifica by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.