Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Aqua Allegoria Ylang & Vanille Guerlain for women
dislike

yellow floral
Aqua Allegoria Ylang & Vanille Guerlain for women Pictures

This is a bouquet composed of ylang-ylang, jasmine and vanilla, soft and exciting at the same time. It was created in 1999.

Eau de toilette line Aqua Allegoria is a fragrant fantasy, like taking a walk in the garden, and which garden it is depends on the main note of the composition, while all the other components are there to accentuate its beauty. Aqua Allegoria eau de toilettes are created mainly for women, although, some of them might as well be used by men.

Carnation Ylang-Ylang

Terracotta Voile d'Ete

Aqua Allegoria Ylang & Vanille Fragrance Reviews

Eurochic
Eurochic

I reach for this when I don't know what to wear, when I feel bad or insecure or irritated. It always manages to calm me down, comfort me, make me feel better. Ylang Vanille is one of the most beautiful perfumes I know, and it's the one I wear most. It probably deserves the spot as my signature. I have gone through several bottles already and I hope I will never be without it. Eternal love.

julieekerr
julieekerr

just lovely, tropical floral vanilla balanced beautifully. The initial smell is slightly artificial almost insect repellent vanilla but after 20 mins the ylang breaks through. the dry down is pretty powdery. perfect for summer

louanna
louanna

I think the composition of Ylang & Vanille is absolutely brilliant! I am not an expert, and this is just my opinion. But I love it!

heymoe9
heymoe9

I just got this today with 4 other perfumes. It was a blind buy, and I am so glad I got it. It has a very soft floral scent, I love the vanilla and ylang-ylang. I will have to get another bottle as I heard that it is being discontinued.

Edee
Edee

I over indulged in my fragrance purchases for Christmas. All I can say is I am going to wear this a lot this winter. The fragrance is both intoxicating and soothing. Talking about bi polar. Go get you some girls.

leathermountain
leathermountain

I would add that this has a strong anisic facet. I wonder, is that inherent to the construction of one of the listed notes?

Ellie-7
Ellie-7

I have used this for years. It has become my winter day floral...or summer evening.
I love ylang ylang and not so crazy about vanilla any more, but this is balanced so well that I enjoy the vanilla. I get many compliments when I wear it.
It's not easy to fnd in Canada as we seem to get only what is popular at the time.
I can usually find it in a small perfume boutique which is risky and we can find aged stock. But because of the ingredients this one never goes bad, so it's always a lucky find.
If you want a "Warm" floral and not too loud then go for this.

kirinie
kirinie

I was afraid that the carnation would put me off this, since I haven't previously liked anythign that included carnation. Happily, I don't notice it on my skin. I can smell it in the liquid itself (and it gives me a headache there), but on me it starts out smelling like ylang ylang and honey. I get a little jasmine and eventually a big dose of vanilla. I'm in love with this scent and I was crushed when I accidentally knocked over my sample because it means I have to wait for awhile before I can wear this again.

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

This is one of the few fragrances in which I can easily smell every note listed. The Carnation and Ylang Ylang compliment one another beautifully from start to finish. The Jasmine isn't as prominent, however it's definitely there , and its beautiful. The slightest, purest dash of vanilla finishes this gorgeous scent off perfectly. I can't imagine a better Spring perfume than this :) Once again Guerlain have not failed to impress.

Update: Longevity of this is off the radar! Brilliant :) On me? 12 hours +.

raw umber
raw umber

When I first started to become preoccupied with perfume, I bought a bottle of ylang ylang essential oil, which I kept around for a few months before throwing in the trash (What was I thinking!?).

Okay, what I was thinking was that everyone I lived with was grossed out by the potency of the oil, and if I spilled any, the whole house would stink for hours. Though I was aware that ylang is a very common ingredient in fragrances, I found myself asking how a perfume could feature this flower and still be well-balanced and beautiful.

Several years later, the answed has arrived in the form of Ylang & Vanille. Thank you so much, Vie Cafe, for enabling me to sample this rarity.

Ylang & Vanille is two tough mother flowers (ylang and carnation) forced to make nice together with vanilla/jasmine acting as the professional moderators.

This fragrance is nothing short of a miracle, because of how beautifully all the elements get along. There is the sweet, bold ripeness of ylang, and the green almost peppery sharpness of carnation, wrapped gracefully into one bundle with a smooth, soft and slightly salty vanilla/jasmine (these two notes work as one entity for me here. I am not sure where the jasmine ends and vanilla begins). Longevity and projection are quite good.

For me, Ylang & Vanilla is the olfactory equivalent of the Platonic form of YELLOW. The color of insanity, but also of imperial status, and of friendship.

Juma
Juma

No vanilla here; very yellow flowery with hints of warm bee wax and creamy honey.
Dominant ylang -ylang and warm, sunkissed mellow flowers.
It's day scent,nothing sensuall here.
For Guerlain AA surprisingly good silage and staying power.
Edit: Hm, maybe my decant turned bad...

freddinos
freddinos

Just received my rare bottle.It smells quite old fashioned, with carnation notes dominating the top, and vanilla and ylang ylang following. I don't love it, perhaps because it very strongly reminds me of the air freshener in my city's train station restrooms circa 1995. I know it sounds wrong, and I should be ashamed to say such a bad thing about this creation, but my olfactory memory spoke here before me. Don't get me wrong, I still find it quite pretty and soft, it's just not for me purely due to the WC air freshener association:( Sad:(

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

At last, I own this beautiful Aqua Allegoria, one of the original 5, thanks to Marie1846.

It opens very lush and exotic, with the ylang ylang in avant-scene. Then the vanilla comes in and makes the whole thing nice, sweet and creamy. The carnation brings a little sharpness, as to keep the whole thing from being too exotic/gourmand. The jasmine is a true Guerlain jasmine here.... slightly indolic, but mostly gentle and clean.

Makes my skin smell like a day on a tropical beach.

It is quite linear, which is a thing I have come to love with the AAs..... they are not complicated but beautiful. One of my new favorites!!

TruthserumX
TruthserumX

A few years ago my mom bought this perfume and I had no idea the name of it then, but I was in LOVE!!! I just took over the bottle and she had to let me have it. If you are looking for a dreamy, vanilla, powdery CLASSY scent, this is it! I love love love this perfume. It is my favorite all time hands down.

aristouka
aristouka

....to my nose this is the best vanilla scent ever! elegant,classy,warm 'n' sweet but just the right amount of every ingidient.an excellent blended perfume that i wish i could find in the market-too rare- discontinued i guess!
my twin gorgeous!! sister used to wear this amazing perfume and it suited her so much...i think it was made for her,could be its muse,lol!
good lasting power! a poeme in a bottle!
if you find it vanilla lovers,grab the chance to fall in love! buy it!

persefoni
persefoni

A very floral composition but not annoying... on me the strongest note is by far the jasmine! The vanilla and the ylang ylang stay close together in the background.
A pleasant smell, particularly for those who like jasmine and vanilla..
In the hours that follow the ylang comes stronger to the forefront, so it remains a flowery perfume the whole time (circa 6 hours)!

Tusnelda
Tusnelda

I got a partially used bottle of this today and the first thing I did was to drop it on a stone floor and smash the sprayer. I kicked myself when I picked up 17 goldcoloured plastic bits off the floor...
But apart from this little mishap, I am pleased with my new perfume. The smell is unusual but not unpleasant. It reminds me of Piz Buin sun screen. The scent seems fairly linear. So far no vanilla, but I am hoping that it will turn up in the drydown.

profumi73
profumi73

I love it! An elegant vanilla

kalios55
kalios55

I received my bottle yesterday.

This morning I was undoing the package and my heart beat irregularly like I had some sort of heart problem. I guess Guerlain perfumes are one of the most pleasant cardiac irritants for me ..

I'm testing my Ylang Ylang Vanille right now and OMG .. I wish there were ways to curse out loud poetically. This scent is just ... delishness. I would like to bathe & have my clothes laundered in a liquid detergent that smells like Ylang Ylang Vanille ..

Aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
O so breath taking .. so feminine .. so cozy
what a supercalifragilisticexplialidocious scent.

To be continued (in a few hours)

Siv55
Siv55

This was lovely. I wish I'd bought a bottle when it was around. If you like ylang ylang and vanilla with a hint of jasmine then this is for you. Simple and elegant. Good summer evening scent.

gingergirl60
gingergirl60

lovely and comforting,sweet, flowery.And stronger than i expected,i only put on a tiny drop, and it lasts!

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

This is a "stay at home" fragrance to me, it evokes the comfort you feel after a warm bath. Very tender, warm, intimate, very creamy and cuddly. Usually vanilla based fragrances turn kind of gourmand for me, but not this one. I smell the fresh carnations in it, lots of them, and ylang ylang , and whipped cream with vanilla; I would say, everything has a honey undertone, without being too sweet.
Nice staying power and silage for an edt, but I love the Aqua Allegoria line in general, I find it brilliant in its simplicity and charm, not memorable or dramatic, but oh, so wearable and elegant...
It's a calming scent, very nurturing and kind, if I can say that about a fragrance. Warm cuddles and soft kisses.

9154mf
9154mf

This is mainly about the ylang for me, with carnation and vanilla being minor supporting players, It is creamy but it has a slightly musty-ness to it that is bothering me, and it doesn't wow me. No sale.

Cereza
Cereza

Tried this at the house of lovely mahanta. Well, it is pretty much ylang ylang that I found a little bit disturbing, but must me my chemistry. Actually I can't feel anything else but ylang ylang, such a pitty

chaos2
chaos2

This was my wedding scent. I lucked into at a Marshall's store where the box was beat up but the bottle was fine. $12 I think. I like how it stays sweet and light in the heat, great for hot, humid summers. It stays fresh and does not get acrid.

gigiletta
gigiletta

very elegant vanilla,not girlish and ordinary,perfect for romantic dates for nights.

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

Carnation + carnation + light vanilla.
I like it... but I prefer it in my grandma!
^^

c3c
c3c

I'm not fond of the beginning but I like what it turns into. The only way to describe it is vanilla bees wax, with a honey quality. While that sounds weird it's actually a very comforting scent. Not sexy, daring, or innocent. One of those perfumes you wear for you.

The fact that I would purchase an edt by the name of YLANG & VANILLA speaks volumes of my obsession with Guerlain, for ylang ylang immediately evokes memories of Pier 1 Imports and overly incensed small claustrophobic apartments whose denizens are hippy types!

I purchased YLANG & VANILLA at TJMaxx, along with several other Aqua Allegorias, each at the ridiculously low price of $9.99 (perhaps they were mismarked by some inattentive clerk?). Having had no prior experience with the AA line, I assumed that these must be some sort of body spray--given the hefty 4.2oz volume--but felt nonetheless compelled to scoop up a basket of bottles graced as they were with the label GUERLAIN. (What a coup!)

Despite their generous volume, the beautiful Aqua Allegorias are all filled with high-quality eau de toilette, with staying power that vastly exceeds many of the current celebrity edps.

To my nose, ylang-ylang is really a domineering essence, which can therefore be tastefully combined only very sparingly with other assertive notes, as in MITSOUKO and ARPEGE, where its presence, while detectable, is tempered by all of the other mighty contenders.

In AQUA ALLEGORIA YLANG & VANILLA, the vanilla does manage to attenuate the ylang, but not much. This is really a bold blast of ylang-ylang with a dash of Vanilla and a dot of other florals. But I am enjoying this fragrance today, holed up at home to escape the sub-freezing temperature outside. I probably would not wear even Guerlain's Ylang Vanilla edt in the company of others... Unless I happened to be going to a party at an overly incensed small claustrophobic apartment!

essija
essija

This is a very elegant and soft vanilla. Simple and delightful for hot summer days

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

A comforting and creamy scent. I do not fancy wearing it in the evenings, though - IMO it is a good office fragrance and best for warmer weather. Carnation dominates the opening notes but it is not the sharp flowery carnation some might expect. It is like a breeze in a bouquet of spring flowers plus a drop of vanilla.

Malegria
Malegria

So far it`s my favorite Aqua Allegoria. With all it`s simplicity, it managed to capture the mood of a content and happy woman, a little dreamy, perhaps.Though it is light enough to wear in the afternoon, I always think of it as an evening perfume.Not a gala evening, but stay-with-friends evening...It is also very comforting to fall asleep wearing it, almost like an aromatherapy.

aroma refill
aroma refill

It's so calming.. I love it!

Aqua Allegoria Ylang & Vanille by Guerlain 4.09 out of 5 based on 207 ratings and 33 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Ylang & Vanille fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Ylang & Vanille, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aqua Allegoria Ylang & Vanille by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aqua Allegoria Ylang & Vanille by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.