Designers » F-H » Woody Chypre « Groups

Arsene Lupin Dandy Eau de Parfum Guerlain for men

Arsene Lupin Dandy Eau de Parfum Guerlain for men
dislike

smoky
Arsene Lupin Dandy Eau de Parfum Guerlain for men Pictures Arsene Lupin Dandy Eau de Parfum Guerlain for men Pictures

Guerlain is presenting new fragrances, ARSENE LUPIN Dandy Eau de Parfum and ARSENE LUPIN Voyou Eau de Parfum, inspired by an imaginary character from crime novel by French author Maurice Leblanc. The fragrances have been available since autumn 2010.

Arsene Lupin is presented in a series of short stories, Je Sais Tout, previously named Arsene Lopin. After protests of a local politician, the name was changed to Lupin. Jean-Paul Guerlain dedicates two new fragrances, Dandy and Voyou, to this charming imaginary character.

Arsene Lupin Dandy EDP was described as a charismatic marriage of powerful dark leather with powdery floral aromas caressing as velvet. Refreshment comes from citruses (bergamot and bitter orange), excitement is offered by pepper and cardamom, wrapped in sandalwood and warm patchouli with a clear trail of Olibanum.

Bergamot Bitter Orange

Cardamom Pink Pepper

Sandalwood Patchouli Olibanum

Comme des Garcons Series 8 Guerrilla: Guerrilla 1

Arsene Lupin Dandy Eau de Parfum Fragrance Reviews

pronose
pronose

a very classy scent by the real nose of guerlain no mistake this is a genuine guerlain! a well balanced scent and truly good!
although remind me a bit ricci club!

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

On the opening I'm getting strong notes of cardamom and citrus with pink peppers and powdery violets. This is surrounded by a soft ever-present sandalwood.

The opening is a little overbearing but it soon settles down to a powdery violets and woods accord with a dash of incense.

A rough opening that settles down to a very pleasant fragrance.

Pelagic
Pelagic

Just got a bottle of this today and I'm blown away
I own most of the Guerlain mens fragrances and this is up there with Derby, LIDGE, Vetiver etc IMO
As others have said - this manages to be both very complex and multidimensional without being to heavy and yet still have great spillage and duration
Pleasant in all the phases - the middle is dominated by violet notes which stay just the right side of masculine but have that feminine edge that makes a mans fragrance interesting and daring
The dry down is, as you'd expect from JPG, just masterful
Dominated by incense/ labdanum but with balsam, sandalwood and restrained subtle Guerlinade - it's subtle, intoxicating and utterly wonderful
An evening out wearing something sharp with someone special? Look no further
£150 a bottle - worth every penny - 10/10 JPG - bravo

Kanarata
Kanarata

My very first review here and on my signature scent, I think very appropriate so!

Arsene Lupin is in my opinion one of the best masculine frags on the market.
It is heavy yet light, rich and opulent yet very wearable for every season. It is a very
nice high end natural smelling scent with great longevity and the silage is just perfect.
It does not feel the room and overpower, but rather has a great scent trail that travels very well in the air. I get 10+ hrs with this one, a wonderful violet leather woody very creamy( drydown) fragrance that must be in every collection Jean-Paul really saved the best for last, my favorite Guerlain by far. TRY IT!!!!!!!

iamfcon
iamfcon

Has the same milky/creamy/woody/leathery scent that Bond Brooklyn has to me. It's not bad, and it's not as overpowering as Brooklyn, but there's definitely a relation to me. Guerlain's an awesome company though, I got this as a free sample and just gave it a slight wear on my hand. I'm not sure if I'd wear it fully, and it's not totally FBW to me, but I do have respect for their company and I do detect a level of maturity in their fragrances, this one included.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

Dandy is NO MORE in the name due to copyrights.

partan.iran
partan.iran

هر کس میدونه این عطرو چه طور میشه توی ایران پیدا کرد لطفا مسیج بده
خیللللی خوبه این عطر

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

A soft fragrance, powdery/woody. At first comforting. I'd say it's a first or second cousin to Stetson (which costs far less), except there's a pungent element that enters into things - the bitter orange note, I suppose. It gives it added interest. But by the time seven hours or so have elapsed this scent - on me - is all sour. Pfew.

I don't like this stuff!

Hilaire
Hilaire

I am addicted to this perfume atm. It's basically an elegy to Frankincense/Olibanum. The whole composition is stark and minimal, it has smokiness and woodiness, dryness and earthiness all in one.

The opening notes combine to create a smell very akin to that released by the cutting back of rose bushes on a crisp autumn day, with deep, rich, dark greeness accompanied by the smell of the dank earth and the bitterness of plant sap and freshly cut green wood.

The dry down is intensely incense based, there's a dry tang throughout and elements gather around the central Olibanum note like smoke or mist in a dark, forested valley.

This smells so otherwordly it's positively hallucinogenic. I adore this, it smells sacred and spiritual and yet luxurious and attractive.

If you like Terre d'Hermes then you will love this completely. As I do.

Ten out of ten on every front, longevity, sillage, etc.

bronstein
bronstein

Difficult to get, and once I had it, it was a disappointment. Although it started out very, very nicely, soon an unpleasent undertone emerged. I think that either it doesn't fit with my skin, or perhaps it was even rotten - both things actually happen. My advice is therefore to check it out carefully before buying, especially when considering the price.

gabyvinki
gabyvinki

This is the "King among the Thieves", for me really the best so called Men's fragrance on the market nowadays. This is such an overrefined and classic scent..some say it s between Mitsouko and L'heure Bleue. But for my nose it s utterly unique! The Guerlinade reaches out to you the instant you spray it on..but not so in your face like Shalimar or L#heure bleue ..much more subtle and nevertheless great.. The fruity notes of bergamot and bitterorange come next and a beautiful violet bedded in soft suave leather steals your heart right away..If not, wait until the heart notes of pink pepper (never sharp)and soft cardamom play their finesse..and finally (by me after about 20minutes)the base notes take over..a creamy-woody sandalwood of supberb quality and warm sensuous patchouly. Clearly not the deepness or power of L'heure Bleue or the demanding Chypre peach of Misouko, but a sneaky floral woody thief..that captures your nose and hopfefully your heart. You already guess: I m in love with the thief Arsene Lupin! Bravo, Guerlain!! Never stop trying to create another treasure

Scentrist
Scentrist

This is simply a brilliant execution of a masculine scent. After my first wearing, someone who smells colognes all day long as part of their job greeting people commented, "What is it you're wearing, it's wonderful!" Longevity is a full-day on me, and as if the above comment didn't say enough sillage is enough for people to notice and pay compliments. I happened across this find, and understand it will be a rarity from here out...but oh what a creation this is. This is not an ordinary masculine wood, but there's an "x-factor" to this that puts it just a few steps over the line between greatness and brilliance. This is superb in every respect.

I remember testing this one with the twin brother Voyou which turned out boring and similar to many other fragrances. But DANDY is different woody perfume, so unique and worm. The uniqueness of the woodsy cardamom note in this perfume reminds me of Solo Loewe, not similar at all but just unique and outstanding, yet soft and unisex. Not like any other Guerlain outdated fragrances. This is must try for youth and smart persons.

overall: 10/10

bbnoise
bbnoise

Got Arsene Lupin as Valentines present. I really like it. Not powerful or offensive but remarkable and sophisticated. I recommend Arsine Lupin for day time use.

Arsene Lupin Dandy Eau de Parfum by Guerlain 4.13 out of 5 based on 98 ratings and 14 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Arsene Lupin Dandy Eau de Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Arsene Lupin Dandy Eau de Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Arsene Lupin Dandy Eau de Parfum by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Arsene Lupin Dandy Eau de Parfum by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.