Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Candide Effluve Guerlain for women

Candide Effluve Guerlain for women
dislike

Candide Effluve perfume is the work of Jacques Guerlain from 1922. The perfume was re - launched as an exclusive and limited edition in 2007. The composition is oriental - floral with a heady vanilla base. It includes notes of bergamot, lemon, ylang-ylang, lilac, jasmine, orris root, angelica, patchouli, vetiver, benzoin, tonka bean, heliotrope, amber and vanilla.

Vintage bottle is signed by Baccarat design.

Vetiver Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Patchouli Angelica Amber Benzoin Tonka Bean Vanille Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Heliotrope Orris Root Lilac

Candide Effluve Fragrance Reviews

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Candide Effluve

Guerlain

Notes

Bergamot lemon, ylang-ylang, lilac, jasmine, orris root, angelica, patchouli, vetiver, benzoin, tonka bean, heliotrope, amber vanilla

Wow what is this?

I smelled this at the Osmotheque in Versailles about a year ago. It's a rare Guerlain that you won't find at any Guerlain fragrance store today but how I wish it would sell right now! This is absolutely beautiful. It's a concoction of various notes that smell like flowers and incense, vanilla and patchouli leaf. This is hard to even categorize. It's not a floral aldehyde, not a chypre, not an Oriental, it seems to be a lot of things at once.

The lemon, orange, and ylang reached my nose first. Smelled like an orange grove, like orange blossoms or oranges on trees with a floral air. There might be neroli in this as well. It's citrusy and fresh at the first whiff. Then the scent deepens and develops into amber, patchouli, vetiver and vanilla. At times it reminded me of Habit Rouge and Shalimar. It's like a chemical variation on both scents. This frag shares same notes as Shalimar: citrus, jasmine, amber. The patchouli is also quite noticeable so you have to be experienced with the aroma of patchouli in perfume.

The flowers are not key players and are in fact quite soft powdery and in the background. I detected a jasmine heliotrope angelica and lilac. The jasmine and lilac are very good. There's also a powdery orris and heliotrope. Beautifully floral but subdued.

The bigger players are the benzoin, patchouli, vanilla and amber. I have a thing for amber so this is a treat. I wish I could have taken a sample with me. This is such a dream. Did they really make this perfume? Why are there so many great long lost perfumes I wish I could buy right now and can't!

Rogue_Minxy
Rogue_Minxy

Sadly, I've only had the pleasure of smelling this fragrance a handful of times but that's all I needed to fall in love with it. I sincerely believe that Guerlain succeeded in creating a beautifully bright and exotic oriental scent which likely became the concept of the much stronger and heavier Samsara fragrance. The difference being that the orris root isn't nearly as noticeable and doesn't have the other heavy notes needed to make it strong enough to greatly overpower this fragrance's velvety sweet, clean citrus and gentle floral notes. Having smelled this, it seems that the orris root, musk and bergamont create the dark and heavy scent I personally dislike, and others find appealing, in Samsara. The stars of this show are the crisp citrus, soft jasmine and exotic ylang ylang. They're greatly complimented by the light summer smell of sweet blooming heliotrope, sugary benzoine and that wonderful tonka bean. It's a brilliantly sophisticated fragrance, the notes play off of one another to create a multifaceted ever-changing scent. It's also one of the few true Guerlain originals that doesn't immediately slap you with bergamont or vetiver and contains no musk.(all of which I actually love in moderation) The heady notes of the bergamont, vetiver and amber do a great job of contrasting with, and then carrying, the lilac into the top notes. This makes them all obvious ingredients yet they somehow they prevent one another from drowning the softer notes out by mixing together and becoming a fragrance of their own. It's a shame that it's not still in production, I'd happily wear it daily.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

I'm going to see if I can acquire this. Sounds wonderful, and I love the House of Guerlain. This is my first time seeing this also Sherihan.

Edit: Just found out it was sold at B. Goodman but limited. So we are out :(

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Candide Effluve fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Guerlain Candide Effluve, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Candide Effluve by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Candide Effluve by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.