Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Candide Effluve Guerlain for women

Candide Effluve Guerlain for women
dislike

Candide Effluve perfume is the work of Jacques Guerlain from 1922. The perfume was re - launched as an exclusive and limited edition in 2007. The composition is oriental - floral with a heady vanilla base. It includes notes of bergamot, lemon, ylang-ylang, lilac, jasmine, orris root, angelica, patchouli, vetiver, benzoin, tonka bean, heliotrope, amber and vanilla.

Vintage bottle is signed by Baccarat design.

Vetiver Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Patchouli Angelica Amber Benzoin Tonka Bean Vanille Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Heliotrope Orris Root Lilac

Candide Effluve Fragrance Reviews

Rogue_Minxy
Rogue_Minxy

Sadly, I've only had the pleasure of smelling this fragrance a handful of times but that's all I needed to fall in love with it. I sincerely believe that Guerlain succeeded in creating a beautifully bright and exotic oriental scent which likely became the concept of the much stronger and heavier Samsara fragrance. The difference being that the orris root isn't nearly as noticeable and doesn't have the other heavy notes needed to make it strong enough to greatly overpower this fragrance's velvety sweet, clean citrus and gentle floral notes. Having smelled this, it seems that the orris root, musk and bergamont create the dark and heavy scent I personally dislike, and others find appealing, in Samsara. The stars of this show are the crisp citrus, soft jasmine and exotic ylang ylang. They're greatly complimented by the light summer smell of sweet blooming heliotrope, sugary benzoine and that wonderful tonka bean. It's a brilliantly sophisticated fragrance, the notes play off of one another to create a multifaceted ever-changing scent. It's also one of the few true Guerlain originals that doesn't immediately slap you with bergamont or vetiver and contains no musk.(all of which I actually love in moderation) The heady notes of the bergamont, vetiver and amber do a great job of contrasting with, and then carrying, the lilac into the top notes. This makes them all obvious ingredients yet they somehow they prevent one another from drowning the softer notes out by mixing together and becoming a fragrance of their own. It's a shame that it's not still in production, I'd happily wear it daily.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

I'm going to see if I can acquire this. Sounds wonderful, and I love the House of Guerlain. This is my first time seeing this also Sherihan.

Edit: Just found out it was sold at B. Goodman but limited. So we are out :(

Candide Effluve by Guerlain 4.17 out of 5 based on 20 ratings and 2 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Candide Effluve fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Guerlain Candide Effluve, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Candide Effluve by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Candide Effluve by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Guerlain Apres l'Ondee Guerlain Shalimar Guerlain Jicky Guerlain Nahema Lancome Tresor Guerlain L'Heure Bleue Hermes Elixir des Merveilles Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial Christian Dior Diorissimo Tom Ford Black Orchid Guerlain Chamade Guerlain Purple Fantasy Lolita Lempicka Si Lolita Givenchy Organza Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Guerlain Guerlain Chant d'Aromes Guerlain Mitsouko Eau de Toilette Christian Dior Poison Guerlain Vol de Nuit Cartier La Panthere