Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Champs Elysees Eau de Toilette Guerlain for women
dislike

I have it: 1192 I had it: 889 I want it: 591 My signature: 44

Champs Elysees Eau de Toilette Guerlain for women Videos
Champs Elysees Eau de Toilette Guerlain for women Pictures Champs Elysees Eau de Toilette Guerlain for women Pictures Champs Elysees Eau de Toilette Guerlain for women Pictures Champs Elysees Eau de Toilette Guerlain for women Pictures Champs Elysees Eau de Toilette Guerlain for women Pictures

Delicate fruity-floral fragrance. Mimosa, rose, almond, and forest fruits are followed by melon and exotic fruits. It is a day-time perfume. It was first created by Jacques Guerlain in 1904, but the contemporary Champs Elysées has nothing common with the first fragrance but the name. Still it is also a beautiful fragrance. The new Champs Elysées was launched in 1996.

Video with Sophie Marceau

Champs Elysees Eau de Toilette was created by Jacques Guerlain and Jean-Paul Guerlain.

Black Currant Melon Almond Violet Peach Anise

Heart Notes : Rose, Mimosa, Lily-of-the-Valley, Peony
Base Notes : Benzoin, Vanilla, Cedar, Sandalwood

Leniya
Leniya

I simply love this one. It's flowery, elegant and I always got compliments wearing this. It is clearly ladylike scent, flowery, a bit old-schooled, something everybody wants to smell watching Beverly Hills 90210 during 90s. For me it has positive vibe and it is quite safe.

chrisndema
chrisndema

This is the reason why the house of Guerlain are the masters at perfumery. With fragrances such as this one that evoke strong emotion and imagery. This fragrance too me is spring at its best. Innocent baby lambs frolicking on a green meadow littered with daffodils, lilacs and lily of the valley; carefree and oh so adorable! This is the smell of spring! Beautiful...i just can't explain how great this perfume is.

Bebe70
Bebe70

It was a gift from a girlfriend of mine. I kept it for about ten days wearing it every single day and I tried to like it, but this is impossible.
It smells dirt and sweat. Nothing like a great perfume as I would expect from Guerlain.
Now I'm gonna give it to someone else, but I will ask her to try it first and she will take it only IF she likes it because I don't want her to keep hard feelings for me.

heather62
heather62

Angels probably smell like this. Oh my goodness, this is so pretty.

I recently traded with another member here for this and I am so happy to have this again.

Snapple8
Snapple8

I got this initially as a gift a few years ago and it is a nice familiar and fresh lily-of-the-valley smell, not exactly my favorite. However, it happened a few times that when I was wearing it, strangers would stop me in the elevator or in the street and ask what I was wearing that smelled so nice. So why not spray it on again? For that very reason, after I finished the first bottle, I bought another one. It does smell like Champs-Elysees in spring: young, light and fresh. Bravo Guerlain!

Andorsia
Andorsia

This is a modern classic. In the beginning I get an explosion of a good blend between floral and fruity. In a few moments the fruits give way for the lovely florals to shine. There is no overbearing sweetness but a very well crafted and rounded floral.

According to the house of Guerlain, perfumers Olivier Cresp and Jean-Paul Guerlain both submitted versions of this and Cresp's was chosen...

A Guerlain may have created the 1904 "original" but its rare and scant if even still in existence. Considering this version came out in 1996 (2 years after LVMH acquired the House) and was the first non-Guerlain family member created perfume its very very nice; however, since Jacques's last perfume was Ode created in 1955 (with the help of grandson Jean-Paul) its seems strange crediting someone fourteen years deceased or the modern iteration that shares nothing with his work other than its name.

Please add a page for the original (1904) if it was ever even released or amend this page.

Please and thank you...

@jenniferlincoln
@jenniferlincoln

This is ideal for the warmer months but it has such a timeless quality you could wear it anytime. It's cheerful and light, a beautiful friendly floral with light fruits that I think most people could easily enjoy.

debush
debush

Classic,Delicate and timeless....make me feel good about myself!

mumsy20
mumsy20

For something so delicately well made this has long lasting power! I have been looking for a perfume I can wear for daytime without offending other people's olfactory sense. This is kind of blind buy as I didn't check it on my skin first before buying this but I just can't let go of this last bottle in my nearby pharmacist's I have been reading the review on Champs Elysees for quite some time now and the reviews are so reassuring that I just ended up buying this one. First I advice not to smell it straight from the bottle as it is quite strong I was almost put off by it. I tried it on my bare shoulders one rainy and breezy July afternoon not too hot here in London right now. Beautiful creamy floral notes comes out not so much of the fruity ones on me but I don't care this is the real deal. This made me smell and feel so girly yet self assured. Will get you noticed quite easily without begging for one. Unlike some of the perfumes that comes out of the market right now Champs is not overly complicated but this doesn't need to be it's beauty comes from being understated yet elegantly delectable. I'm so glad I bought this.♥

kar_ivy
kar_ivy

Bought this recently. It opens really sweet to me: the melons and peaches and even a bit of pear to my nose. Then it dries down to the white floral notes, especially the lily of the valley, with a hint of honey under it. Its refreshing and yet sweet. Very appropriate for a warm sunny afternoon; summer or winter :) Also the woody notes but not very strong.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

This is one of the few yellow floral-only (nearly) perfumes that I adore. Champs EDT is soft and dewy. It's quietly elegant, yet charming and playful. A springtime must-have for me. I wear it in summer, but only when I'm dressing up in more than shorts and flip flops. It's definitely a sundress and wedge heels kind of scent.

It's just so sunny and sparkling that it never fails to put me in a great mood. I especially love spritzing some on before bed - that's how inoffensive and delicate it is.
I will always keep a bottle on hand.

mabelcruet
mabelcruet

I am normally a big Guerlain groupie, but Champs Elysees is not one of my favourites. I have a miniature of this (from a Duty free coffret-I love those mini-sets!) but it needs an awful lot of dabs before I get any fragrance at all-I think my skin must eat this up. Initially there was a burst of fresh green, almost like freshly chopped celery. This dries down to a faint powdery note, but I don't get any true floral or fruit. There's no sweetness and no musk or vanilla. To me this is a very linear fragrance without the complexity of Samsara or Mitsouko. It's smooth, but it's quiet, weak and watery. It's a nice enough fragrance, but doesn't match up to the other classic Guerlains. It lasted around an hour on me, and the sillage is non-existant. From reading all the fantastic reviews I think it must be my wrist and body chemistry which is rendering this fragrance null and void on me.

sheridanellis
sheridanellis

The first time I smelled this was on the arm of a woman shampooing my hair at the salon in 1996. I was pregnant, & most smells made me nauseous, especially perfumes, but this was wonderful. It wafted about reminding me of Springtime, rain, lilacs, violets and softness. I later asked for and was gifted with a bottle I used up quite quickly. I need to get some more of this, considering I don't often go through an entire bottle of scent unless I LOVE it.
It is fresh and sparkling without being shrill. It's perfect for when I want to take a break from my spicy orientals or gourmands, and it is nothing like the vibrant in your face white florals I have been experimenting with and loving lately. It truly does capture the essence of what I imagine Paris in the springtime to smell like!
Cheers!

Sheks
Sheks

I just love this fragrance...... absolutely elegant... turns heads and commands attention

GalInGlasses
GalInGlasses

I just love this. On first application, it's very floral, but within the first hour of wear, the almond notes come forward like crazy on my skin. Such an interesting and unexpected transition. I was actually really surprised that "nutty" was not one of the main adjectives used to describe this fragrance. I absolutely love this scent's creamy dry-down; it's like wrapping yourself in a warm blanket, and it just goes on forever. I've been wearing Champs Elysees for about 11 hours now, and I'm still catching whiffs of it. Ugh, just gorgeous. For any time of day, occasion, or season; thinking it might be the perfect lift in the fall.

SabrinaBD
SabrinaBD

This was my signature scent in my 20s. All day, every day. It was the perfect floral for a young adult. Then I put it away for years. I found a bottle on sale and couldn't resist. I sill like it but don't love it the same as I used to. It's still a beautiful soft floral, but I swear I smell a slight note of PlayDoh when it dries down. Maybe my ski chemestry has just changed. Did the formula change perhaps? So, its a light elegant floral with a lot of sparkle, sophisitication and a touch of PlayDoh :)

Marie76
Marie76

This is the beauty of the Guerlinade in all it's glory. It's soft, insouciant...so well balanced, so elegant, floaty and flirty. There's no mastery in it, this is a flirty girl who is incredibly beautiful but doesn't take herself seriously in any way. After years of use, it's still my husband's favourite on me. In terms do notes, apart from th Guerlinade accord it's got mimosa in it and a very creamy yummy dry down. A master piece, but one that is so popular it no longer feels like it...

melange
melange

This is a really good floral fragrance, one I understand and appreciate, but it's not for me. I'm just unimpressed. I think my reaction to Champs Elysees finally taught me to accept the fact that I'm not a 'florals' girl :(

Practical remark: I think it can be a little too cloying for the really young crowd, and a little too girly for 30+ women.

beatrix75
beatrix75

Oh Gud how much i like this frag the smell off flower powder fruct kombination !!Its delicat but long lasting feminine young women smell who know what she want from the life,absolute gorgeous perfekt for any ocasion

BethAshley
BethAshley

While I normally shy away from fruity floral perfumes, I absolutely love this one. It is mature and complex, sweet and floral. Not at all like the flood of celebrity fruity floral perfumes currently marketed.

The melon and violet are at the forefront for me. It took me a while to recognize the melon since it is a sweet melon rather than the cool, aquatic melon most often used in modern fragrances. Although the vanilla and sandalwood base notes are not easily detectible, they make this fragrance very warm.

This perfume is perfect for any daytime occasion or for at work. Warm, classic and refined. I prefer to wear this one in the winter since it is fairly sweet.

Antares811
Antares811

I will always love this beautiful scent. A beautiful, sweet, warm floral.
I always have a bottle: it's one of my all time favorites.

marylu
marylu

I am not an expect in describing each individual note but I really like this. Somewhat sweet but the sweetness is not over done.

On my skin, it's whisper soft, delicate and very feminine. An ageless, timeless scent. A great perfume for a special occasion or a romantic date. I am looking forward to wearing this in spring/summer.

anna.023
anna.023

This is one of those rare perfumes that taught you something that you didn't know, who suprised you and made you open your eyes to a whole diffrent perfume category! It simply broadened your taste.

First of all I'm no fan of true florals and a fruty floral seriously kills it for me. Slaughter it would be a better way to put it. And yellow florals? the colour of a floral wont change anything, it probably gonna suck as well.

But hey, wait! This perfume really caught me at first sniff, it was a hasty blind buy for me and it turned out to be WONDERFUL! I am head over heels, blindly, madly IN LOVE with Champs Elysees!

It's fresh, it's cosy, it delivers compliment after compliment and it's very long lasting wich I demand from e perfume.

It's Guerlain at it's best, thank you Guerlain (like always!) for creating a perfume to love at all times, at parties, at lunch, at work, on my vaccation etc...

oktober
oktober

I had a partial bottle of this but haven't actually wore it till very recently. It starts fruity but the middle and base notes are just... urine with a slight whiff of mimosa. Awful

lirael00
lirael00

I got this one few years back and when I first tried it all I could smell was urine. Seriously, I couldn't believe it myself but there was nothing else there for me. In an hour or so the scent changed and the bitter parts were coverd by something more femminine and likable, but still there was a hint of something that smelled like urine. I pressume it's the melon who gives the fragrance this weird bitter note. Anyway, this one is not for me, as it clearly doesn't work with my skin.

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

This is a review on my vintage bottle of Champs-Elysees pure parfum from 1996.

To me, it is a cheerful and airy fragrance that smells expensively made with a more youthful audience in mind compared to most of the other fragrances by Guerlain. It is definitely more feminine among other Guerlains and might not be very suitable for men, even for the much richer parfum concentration, unless layered with something more woody or musky.

On my colder than average skin, this particular bottle of parfum started off with soft fruity, mostly fresh sweet peaches, a tiny bit of blackcurrant and a hint of ripe melon notes. A faint almond like note joined in after a couple minutes with prominent airy soft but rich sweet floral note of Mimosa and something that smelled like green jasmine or lily-of-the-valley. There was a creamy powdery richness to this scent that the floral notes gained power, with added hint of powdery roses, after about 30 minutes and that created a really cheerful carefree girly vibe. After about an hour or so, the Guerlainade characters of slight tartness of rich Sandalwood, sweetness of Vanilla and softness of Benzoin were detected along with a clean musky note probably from the Hibiscus seeds and they remained as the base with still hints of florals for well over 8 hours. The dry down of this parfum was sensual and really worth waiting for.

As a side note, I am not sure whether my nose was picking the right note as at the dry down, I detected a faint scent of white (grey) Ambergris and that made it more attractive to me.

Fizzy

Far better and cheaper substitution for Champs Elysees is Mimosa L Erbolario, an italian fragrance, if you can get your hands on it. Smells the same and has a better longevity and radiance.

sarage
sarage

The perfect season for this delicate, elegant, feminine perfume would be spring, but I gave it to myself today.
This has been on my secret want-list for a long time.
There is some nostalgia in this scent, can't figure out exactly what it is, but it is a distant memory of something in my life. This is great with perfumes, they become part of your story, even reminders of different eras.
Champs Elysees is feminine and romantic in a ladylike way. It doesn't scream sexy, it doesn't scream at all. It is a soft, fresh whisper of spring flowers.

incrediblemelk
incrediblemelk

I loved this when I was younger – I burned through a 100ml bottle – and I still find the bottle quite elegant. Only tonight I reluctantly threw away that empty bottle to make room for new perfumes on my dresser, and when I gave it a farewell sniff I couldn't believe how cheap and cloying it smelled – full of blaring melon – and was amazed that I used to wear it.

It's not quite as aggressively sugary and fruity as most celebrity perfumes, but it's not especially complex either. It's perhaps what a teenager might consider elegant. (I once did!) But it's certainly not a worthy heir to Guerlain's wonderful perfume heritage.

vv1978
vv1978

This was a gift smelled lovely in the bottle and worked with my chemistry. The gentleman who gave me this loved this scent and surprisingly I liked it, I enjoy a little more depth in my floral scents which is my mainstay. This was lovely reminds me of Gloria Vanderbilt which I wore ages ago when I was young soft but not exciting or vibrant, a safe scent feminine not cloying, but again not so notable either. If you are gift giving this is safe for everyday work place and should not offend anyone.

Looks like skin chemistry changes with age, cause this fragrance developed very well on my skin 10 years ago, and nowadays it has been not. Now it is quite sour. Pity.

K1
K1

Adorable combination. The opening is that firm and strong that doesn't left anything to say but BRAVO!
It's medical fruity floral just like the perfume back in the day. Something badly sexy and charismatic representing feminine power which today perfume mainly cannot or would not display. I hope some day this type of perfume be top seller again.

lcommisso
lcommisso

I don't smell the fruit at all...it is potent floral, but soft. I can see saving this bottle for the springtime. It is one of my more complex feminine fragrances. It strikes me as old fashioned, not as in something an older person would wear, but more like something my grandma would have worn in her late 20s. Classic.

elliselove
elliselove

again when i sniffed on a magazine sample when this first came out to a market, i drooled over it, remember tossing and turning at night wanting it. but when i finally got one, it wasnt the same. the scent was so strong, sickening, it was just not working well for me. lol. i'd never buy again ever.

Anatares
Anatares

It used to be my signature (the EDT), years ago. Beautiful and feminine, lots of people asked me what I was wearing.
Fresh and sweet at the same time, it's a great, original floral. Great lasting power too.
Lovely. Absolutely recommended.

courant
courant

Works best with cold skin, i.e. not freshly showered skin. This is Mimosa, the real deal, not the dreck that Halle Berry tried to foist on us. (much as I admire the woman) Accacia trees flower (here) in late winter, when they have little competition and I bear this in mind as I review Champs Elysees. The tree: Not a strongly scented creature out in the landscape; not a strongly scented perfume either, but it has had some very bad press and that needs to be diluted somewhat. This is an elusive scent. Some bombshells say 'Kiss me' ...Champs Elysees is the girl who touches her lip in wonderment, knowing she has been kissed. He won't ask what the scent is, because it melded into the scent of a woman. Did that happen the last time I saw Paris? Oh, I wish. Let it join the ranks of understated perfumes, which, from me, is a compliment; these are the ones that you replace, like Hiris, Noa or Jour d'Hermes. Lovely! (with apologies to SJP)

Heather q
Heather q

This is one of my all time faves, I wanted to buy a few bottles duty free when I was leaving Sydney airport but they didn't have any. I asked the sales lady for some but she said it was DISCONTINUED!! and tried to push the new guerlain black dress or whatever it was called insisting that this new one was better. I was devastated. But then in Rome duty free they had plenty, so I don't know what's going on. Please don't let this be discontinued! It's the ultimate spring scent.

SofiaSauris
SofiaSauris

Best of the BEST fragrances I've ever had!

carrieruble
carrieruble

OMG, this is GORGEOUS. I hated it when it first came out but after wearing Mimosa Pour Moi (and getting a lot of compliments) I decided to re-try this one since it supposedly has Mimosa notes. I was floored to discover how much I like it. It lasts FOREVER on me; I can smell it the next day! Summer Kenzo pales in comparison to this one. I don't care what THE PERFUME GUIDE says, I disagree with their assessment on this one. Besides, never let someone else tell you what you should wear — fragrance is very individual and makes a very personal statement about the wearer. If you like soft, fresh florals, this is worth a try!

livtic
livtic

i use this frag as my signature and never get bored with this, very pleasant, elegance and relaxing.

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

This is Spring in a bottle - and perfect for the hot September weather we're having at the moment. On my skin, this is mainly fresh melon, almond marzipan, almond blossom and violets. Over time, the juicy currants come in to play their part along with the other florals. I only get a faint amount of Anise and Vanilla which kind of waft their way in and out over time.
Champs Elysees feminine and light - but not light in the sense that others can't smell it, more light in a very fresh and non-cloying way.
This gorgeous scent lasts the distance on my skin - a good 12 hours now and I'm still easily smelling it's beauty. To me, Champs Elysees is happiness and positivity in a bottle as it evokes those emotions in me :) Once again, Guerlain haven't failed to impress. Absolutely beautiful scent - one I don't think I'll ever be without again.

Abendlicht
Abendlicht

This smell really nice. floral and fruity with some sweetness that develops after a few minutes. But nothing sickening. It reminds me slightly of Eau de Dolce Vita by Dior (which I think is discontinued ) I wore in the early 2000. I thought it would be dryer, but I still like it. It was a blind buy from tjmaxx...!! I'll add more impressions later. :)

gracenote-floralspice
gracenote-floralspice

I bought this fragrance in Germany when attending a conference on braille. The conference kept me busy as I had to present a paper. It all went well and this was a gift to myself. I wanted something from the house of Guerlaine. I wore it during spring and summer of 2011 here in SA. My younger sister complimented me, so did an older friend, and my husband. I could not smell the fragrance and thought it had all but faded. Surprise! Light and airy and certainly old worldly romantic like that old elegance experienced when strolling down the Champs Elysees, which apparently translates of the heavenly garden? I hope I understood that right. If so, the lilac, roses and mimosa can certainly create the impression of a halcyon summer day and the light and romance of Paris

greenelf
greenelf

On my dry, pale, older skin, I find the lilac and mimosa scents are very dominant and this becaomes very floral on me--the fruit notes can make it too cloying on a really warm day. I actually prefer the lighter, more shimmery "Too Much Champs-Elysees"--which I cannot find a bottle of now! Still--I DO like it and always wear it during spring....

RugosaAlba
RugosaAlba

I am going to reprimand Guerlain, as I would the older sibling , who was left in charge for younger children in the family, but instead initiated and supported all the “mischief“ in the industry. When I test yet another Guerlain of contemporary manufacturing, I approach it with trepidation, I still have higher expectation from Guerlain, still do not loose my hope since there is so much hype about this house.
Then I realize that my trepidation was not justified and get deeply disappointed. And Champs Elysee is not an exception here. I think another name for this creation should be "Too Much". Personally I can not distinguish any notes besides "lilac" at the first spray. EDP is potent.
The humbler approach to such still artificially smelling notes as LOTV, Lilac, mimosa, and melon is to stop, think and be more minimalistic or not to use them at all. Fruity/lilac/almond combination is unbearable. Jessica McClintock, no matter how “grammas‘“ it smells, I think it’s a better approach. Most of the perfumers would only take one or two notes that are difficult to fake, but not Guerlain, which is not known for it‘s minimalism. And perhaps having some “opulence” or better yet overwhelming us in mind this shrill thing was created.
So, the best part of the fragrance for me is the almond.
I have to admit, one of my favorite hand creams(almond with some sweetish fresh green something) from L’Occitane smells similar to Champs Elysee, other L’Occitane almond products a little bit less similar, but delicious anyway. So, I do like almond and would be glad to embrace Champs Elysee, but it just does not work on my skin.
EDT smells cheaper, predictably so, there is some generic base(probably synthetic sandalwood/cedarwood and white musks subtly stinky).
So, I thought no matter how artificial all these LOTV and lilacs and melons smell on my skin (my skin only emphasizes shrilly girlishness of Champs Elysee) I should make it work. It’s Guerlain, right. Seems to work for everybody else, right?
Finally, one day, it did. I married it to a new Italian leather jacket. It popped next to leather beautifully(just one droplet) and in rather “expensive” way, like it was all that it needed for balance. Then, maybe it’s not made for female skin at all. May be it’s made for leather, or male skin. I will try to bend my husband towards testing this on his skin.

Garden.Wren
Garden.Wren

I simply adore this perfume. It starts mildly fruity and softly floral and over the course of the next hour or so it morphs into this beautiful, slightly delicate white/yellow floral that I can't stop sniffing. Finally, I've found a juice that was made for my chemistry. I love spraying this on after my morning bath atop BBW'S Butterfly Flower body lotion. Simply divine!

Museumgal
Museumgal

A fruity opening that isn't overwhelming. Then the florals come in and they're really the star of this scent. The mimose is very sweet and the lilac compliments it very well. Florals are sweet and true and lovely. Not overwhelming but always present. Nice for formal day time occasions or just a lazy spring or summer day, for a stroll. Reminds me very much of a stroll through beautiful flowering trees, which I gather is the essence they were going for with the title. As always for the house the manage to accomplish what they were setting out to express perfectly. Very inspiring scent, I could see reaching for it when starting an artistic project.

lindaberlin
lindaberlin

Just got this today. After reading all the reviews, I decided that I just HAD to have this. That said, I sprayed a spritz on the back of my hand and to me smells exactly like Rose Absolu by Yves Rocher. I already had that perfume, so I am a bit disappointed, as it costs much more than the latter one. I do like it though. I need to just get the samples first to be certain. Blind buys can be a costly purchase. It is a nice fragrance, superb, no, but nice. Will not be buying this one again

reborn

I ADORE the perfume version,it is soooo intoxicating.Edt and edp are okay,but Perfume in the little square bottle is amazing

Annica
Annica

Although there has been a lot of positive reviews, it can still go a bit wrong when buying a perfume. I can feel now, after an hour, that this is not a perfume for my body chemistry. It's NOT that I think it smells bad but there is something in it that bothers me. Perhaps it is that the flowers are a bit too pushy in the beginning and that the scent that emerges afterwards reminds too much on freshly washed clothes. I miss that wonderful creaminess that I was expecting. This perfume is like no other fragrance I've tried from Guerlain. It lacks somehow the depth and character that is the hallmark of Guerlain. I give the scent 3/5. The bottle is beautiful like all bottles from Guerlain

Kateri81
Kateri81

It may sound wierd, but I smell linden trees in bloom. And I love it so much.

daintypink01
daintypink01

my all time favorite scent.. smells so elegant.. something a princess would wear. REALLY INTOXICATING

Save M
Save M

It's so LOVELY! When you wear it you will fell yourself very feminine and elegant walking in a French boulevard! A real modern classic!! an evergreen!

the roses, the mimoses and the lilac are so pretty!!!
I prefer wearing it in Spring and summer although it's cosy in every season because of its distinctive features.

A wanderful Guerlain's scent!!! A must-have for those who love flowery scent and fragrances in general!!

goodcupoftea
goodcupoftea

gorgeous floral and suprisingly long lasting scent. I find mimose notes very tasteful and unusual, mixed with lilies and rose...But not an old ladys old smell - it is very modern, tasteful and smell like VERY expensive. One of my favourites, for ever!

Cybernoir
Cybernoir

An elegant, fresh, understated fruity floral, perfect in Spring and early Summer. Opens with a beautiful violet note that is in perfect harmony with a juicy peach. The opening on me is more fruity than floral, with peach, melon, and black currant. However, it is really the almond that is the star of the opening show. A soft almond that is a little bitter, a little sweet, and a little toasty; ending slightly woody and vanilla. Overall, one of the best openings I know, with a complete chord struck from the first notes, a rich peachy violet supported on an almond-vanilla foundation. The anise is very light and unobtrusive, flitting in and out, pairing briefly with the almond. I don’t get much melon on me, which is probably a blessing.

The heart opens as a big floral, and remains floral throughout, but the juicy sweet peach lingers on, merging with the lilac and mimosa. This is a very mimosa laden fragrance overall, but the lilac is strong as well, and pairs with the lingering violet note. The rose balances it all beautifully. I don’t get much LOTV, just a slightly clean soapy white floral note. For me, this is all about balance and composition: the flowers create floral chords, with individual notes that come and go, similar to listening to an orchestra play a complex work, and suddenly hearing clearly a violin or flute.

As far as the hibiscus: there is only one hibiscus that is fragrant, and it smells nothing like this. I believe this must be a “fantasy note” in Champs Elysees, I smell a tart, tropical floral note.

The drydown is typically Guerlain, all vanilla and sandalwood goodness, here paired with almond tree and cedar, giving it a lovely resinous nutty effect. Overall, it is a little creamy and powdery, has excellent longevity and silage, and is a perfect choice for professional settings, especially in Spring and Summer. As Pitchlara noted in her review, it is a wonderful fragrance for folks living in the tropics and sub-tropics. It holds up extremely well in heat and humidity, and survives daily torrential rains in the rainy season, while remaining fresh.

valeriapredoiu
valeriapredoiu

girly fresh and lovely sweet. i love it. it is for a young delicate but also lively girl. i love the mimosa..and the almonds.. and the vanilla. guerlain is definately a great house! never felt cheated when buying one of their products!

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Sadly, the new version doesn't have the same beautiful, bright opening that the original had. It's a bit dull to start out with and seems to have a slight aroma of urine at first. Luckily, this dissipates and you are left with the gorgeous, delicate powdery floral notes akin to the original formula. I still love the way it settles, but the beginning is a bit insulting. Maybe I will have to try it again on another day to see if it does the same thing. I hope not because we have a long history together and it used to be my favourite.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Very pretty scent... sweet & delicate mimosa and lilacs with a touch of almond. Sillage is not huge, but it's definitely there. Longevity is good.
Lovely spring/summer scent!

Daisydukes
Daisydukes

Very much lilac and mimose. I do not think it smells like 5th avenue. I actually own both and have one on each arm to compare. It is bright and sunny. Makes me think of spring flowers - the kind that bloom from bulbs - such as hyacinth and tulip.

I will wear this a lot in the spring. It is pretty in a traditional way and definitely bright and floral fresh.

antfarm
antfarm

At first, this is overwhelmingly floral, like every single flower in the world being shoved up your nostrils all at once. I love the smell of fresh lilacs, but in the beginning stages of Champs Elysees the lilacs are assaulting you.

After about an hour this becomes a simple, pretty, spring-like floral that doesn't really make too much of an impression. It's just "nice".

darksome
darksome

This is a very pretty fresh floral scent (like a fresh floral shower gel). For me it's too plain/boring to be a really winner. But it's nice. And I agree, it's a little metallic in the drydown.

When this scent would be a color, I would say pearl white with silver accents.

freddinos
freddinos

A very 'in' fragrance of the 90s, you would smell this a lot along with Tresor. These two perfumes share the same character to my nose, they don't smell the same but evoke the same feelings. More fruity than floral, Champs Elysees brings out a metallic unpleasant note on my skin. Thankfully I tested before buying, as I regretfully didn't do with Tresor (that was a disaster on me).

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

There's a reason there are no "reminds me of" entries here--this one is one of a kind. Light, sweet, feminine, and perfect for spring. I really like the almond note in it, so very different from the almond in Hypnotic Poison that smelled so bitter on me. This is very clean in a soapy kind of way, and I really like it.

aveilhe
aveilhe

Melon and mimosa -- fresh, fruity, and feminine! This is a modern classic.

Champs Elysses is such a lovely spring/summer fragrance; it is ripe with fruit but far-removed from the fruit-chouli bombs so popular currently. The melon note is what makes this fragrance distinctive, lending an overall light, almost watery quality. It is bright and subtly sweet, with petal-soft base notes of sandal wood, musk, and a pinch of vanilla and almond.

This would be a pretty, romantic fragrance for a bride, a young girl just starting to explore perfumes, or someone who is looking for a fresh floral that is not too "flowery."

gritzalimaria@yahoo.gr
gritzalimaria@yahoo.gr

i love this name. champs elysees... mia melodia..!

polecat
polecat

I've tested this a few times hoping for lovely spring florals but sadly all I get every time on my skin is melon, melon and more melon.

Such a shame for an affordable guerlain but I guess it just was not meant to be!

lynnlovelace
lynnlovelace

One of my all time favorites. It's one of those perfumes that I have bought countless bottles of, and have actually used 'til the end, and then re-purchased many times over. A beautiful, floral, powdery (yet fresh, not old), and oh so almmonnndyy...yummy - it's one of those fragrances I would eat if I could, yet it's not candy like at all, just warm, gentle, floral spring with fresh almonds, and lingers and lingers .... For some reason it dries down to a very soft floral musk on me, (even though I don't see musk as a note) But this is what makes me love it so much.
I just love to smell myself throughout the day while wearing this one, it never gets old or boring or overpowering, always happy and delicious!
And I agree with Persefoni completely, it actually does have a soothing, calming effect, and makes me feel "happy" as well!

nicolevivi
nicolevivi

subtle and elegant

RedDeLishus
RedDeLishus

Great when mixed with something younger or more aquatic in nature. I don't like it on its own. I love it under other fragrances.

mhubbard
mhubbard

Chic and elegant, yes,and aptly named as this perfume is so very French. Yet somehow something is missing.Its a floral, but not a big floral- too subtle.Evokes spring, but seems old fashioned and powdery. Nothing horrible, just light and non-descript. Somewhere around here is 2/3 of a 50 ml bottle I purchased long ago and I should give it another try when April rolls around. My usual death-knell: this one is suitable for the office or church.

Arielrose
Arielrose

Seriously, this is one of the best fragrances ever. I used it for years after it's initial release, strayed to other perfumes through the years, but recently got a new bottle. Oh my, it's just as delicious as before! The black currant and mimosa are most dominant on me and it suits me well because I love those scents so much. It's a 'happy' fragrance, uplifting, joyful with just the right depth and intrigue. Love it and so glad it's still be made :)

bruby
bruby

One of my very favourites! It always leaves a trace of freshness and spring behind you. I used to work as a nurse in hospital while I was wearing this and I had patients telling me I leve such a lovely flowery trace behind me that they always waited for me to go back more frequent. I had compliments at the uni about it too. It is light, flowery, elegant and sophisticated, very persistent and has a great sillage, it is the essence of youth and sexiness. I always have a bottle in my collection.

Pitchlara
Pitchlara

I love this fragrance.
While I was working in a busy tropcial city, this was the frgarance I used up at least 4 bottles in a row.
Decent, youthful and elegant floral.
Clearness and sofisticated feminity of the fragrance is just nice for summer weather city life.
Under the tropical sun, sadly, some perfume can easily go wrong in a lot of senses.

easybeauty.via giolitti
easybeauty.via giolitti

an excellent spring fragrance! This frangrance is spring in a bottle like a fresh bellini cocktail!

CoolBreezes
CoolBreezes

This scent is Springtime in Paris...lilacs and ripe pears wafting on a balmy breeze just beginning to be warmed by a sun leaving winter and not yet arrived at summer. The light almond note gently holds the blossoms. I am outside when ever and where ever I wear this. Fountain of youth.

WildDove
WildDove

Almondy floral - spring in a bottle! Sprayed in the crook of the arm, Champs Elysees blooms to a warm elegance.

Dialover
Dialover

they wanted to make it beautiful but failed! Too cloying. I had it as a gift, tried to wear but couldn't stand it after an hour.

Dollycat
Dollycat

A sweet, very soft and cute masterpiece! Very elegant and chic but in a modest way. Very long lasting for such a soft eau de toilette! Love!!

koko32
koko32

I got this perfume as a present 16 years ago:) For another 16 years ghost of Champs Elysees was torturing me:) So i bought my second bottle. And happy to have it in my collection. Prefer for winter, smells wonderful when sprayed on fur. Warms me up

kosmoskukka

Hi, I think this is one of good Mimosa scents, sparkling, fresh, floral. Not kinda soapy, as I am a big fan of old school scents. Sparkling mimosa is correct.

huda.yousef
huda.yousef

hi ,, i want ask if it soapy ?

josy_infante
josy_infante

This fragrance here is my signature scent, i love the way it smells and people always complement me, men and women! To me It's Mimosa at its best, it's very light and delicate, yet the staying power is awesome, it lingers all day and makes me feel clean, fresh happy and young.

CleoMoore
CleoMoore

Lilacs! And a lot of lovely complimentary notes... A bit of vanilla and green wood comes forward on my skin. But mostly lilacs - fortunately I love lilacs!

Pink_Petal
Pink_Petal

When this scent came out, my cousin made it her signature scent, then she hooked her mom (my aunt) on it, next was my mom...and finally they converted me as well:)This is a perfect classic scent that is for any time of the year, is suitable for any occasion and is sooo likable. Personally for me it is very comforting as it always reminds me of my mom, but it is not an "old" scent at all, on the contrary- it is fresh and flowery, very long lasting as well. Highly recommended!

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

Pure almond marzipan and yellow mimosa is all I get from this I think this would be an older scent that could be re-launced towards the younger crowd. This lacks all the powdery/sensualness that are common in all Guerlain classics. So so sweet just makes me ill.

Amarilis60
Amarilis60

Was very surprised when read L Turin words about this frag, because I think the same from the first time I smelled it from my friend . SomeB gave her a present and she was this type of person that would wear everything .. She was torturing us , really! Nobody from our big group of friends liked it including men.. From the beginning it smells may be all right, but in the heart these very unpleasant cloying notes appear and start to suffocate .. We finally made her get rid of it..

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

Even though Luca Turin said this fragrance is "disappointing" but to my non experienced nose, it smells pleasant! I praise its longevity as well, and thinking to buy it for my sister since she likes Guerlain.

Filomena
Filomena

This was my first fragrance, got it as a present for my sixteenth birthday. And what a great first fragrance... Joyful mimosa and blackcurrants. A perfect fragrance to remind you of spring.
I had the EDP.

kristalbee
kristalbee

I lived in Paris for 4 years and frequented the Champs elysee regularly -this fragrance encapsulates everything 'bon chic bon genre' - apply it and you're ready to boutique shop till you drop, sip champagne on the boulevard and stroll through the almond blossom lined streets - its a happy uplifting fragrance - light and airy but with a subtle expensive smelling dry down that is totally appropriate for formal daytime wear. Buy the EDP - much richer smell with good staying power - the EDT fades very quickly and is best used as a body mist after shower before applying the EDP -its GORGEOUS!!

persefoni
persefoni

incredibly long lasting,and surely one of the happiest, sweetest perfumes i've ever worn.. it also has a calming effect on me and those around me...

On me this fragrance doesn't open floral. From this note pyramid I would say that it smells anise and melon more.

I don't like it. Not my cup of tea(

Migalex
Migalex

To me it smells very much of natural almond, with sort of a green quality, but not the sickeningly sweet and cloying almond lots of perfumes these days smell of. This one is different and quite tolerable. I do not find it particularly appealing or interesting though.

monica0106
monica0106

love it~simple,bright-->happy❤

French Boudoir Doll
French Boudoir Doll

When I first fell in love with Champs Elysees <3<3<3
On this first hot and sultry night in Germany....oh so close to Paris!....
oh Champs Elysees~

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

a delicate perfume, perfect for the day. sweet soft smells of fresh clean florals

kayka
kayka

i don't like it....too much flower.

kathy.garriott.7
kathy.garriott.7

Lilacs, lilacs--I love lilacs, and that's what I smell with this perfume. I love reading the reviews here, and I'm coming to the conclusion that my nose is not very sophisticated.

cyprusmum
cyprusmum

I wore this for my wedding day and got lots of compliments on it. It was a delicate, but classy perfume. Fond memories. Would suit for Spring/Summer time. A Timeless classic.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

I used to own this perfume and I always got many compliments while wearing it. On my skin it's mimosa, almond, florals and a woody base.

It's not my favorite, but, I do like it and if I come across it again I'd repurchase it.

On my skin this reminds me of Tresor for some reason, except Champs Elysee has a woodier base.

kkw80
kkw80

I was given this when I was in my late teens. I disliked it from the start. Screechy alcoholic berries (for some reason I get raspberry, although it's not in the notes) and flowers. Nothing interesting about it. I've still got the bottle, but should flog it, really.

kosmoskukka

For me Champs-Elysees is a springtime scent. Reminds me of sparkling good moods and happy feel. Mimosa is wonderfull in it. I think this is wonderfull daytime scent. If You love Yvresse, I think You love Champs-Elysees too. This have been in my collection as long as Guerlain launched this sunny Beauty, and I will always keep one bottle on my shelf. And if necessary will purhcase extra bottle if they will discontinue.

Pinja
Pinja

While I do not love the perfume there is a thing about it that I like. In this world where marketing persists that being sexy is the top priority of life for women, it is really great to encounter a perfume which does not try to be sexy. At all.
This is a most unerotic perfume, and I'm glad such a thing exists.

Thalia
Thalia

I received a bottle of Champs Elysees from a kind Fragrantica member, and I can see why so many lovers of the classic Guerlains are dismayed by this one. There is nothing rigorously elegant or devastatingly chic about it – Champs Elysees is a fluffy bunny of a scent.

It opens with high-pitched, airy sweet florals (the melon and peach don’t smell overtly fruity, but I think they’re sweetening the mix), a giddy pastel burst of soft mimosa and lilac. The progression brings in some nice richness of almond and benzoin and the peach gets more acidic, but it remains light and bright and cheerful. The mimosa and lilac never fade away throughout the life of the fragrance, and the whole composition has a sparkling, fizzy effervescent quality.

Wearing Champs Elysees is like wearing an angora sweater and giggling a lot. That doesn’t mean it’s junk, though – it smells like a high-quality perfume. The florals are rich and complex, it never evokes artificial fruit flavoring or cleaning products, and it has massive presence and longevity.

I’m not really a fluffy bunny kind of girl, but this scent is just spring fever in a bottle, and I enjoy it thoroughly on occasion. In fact, I've been wearing it this spring, and enjoying it, much more than I expected to. And I know for sure what I’ll be wearing for Easter!

reborn

at the beggining smells very very sour,absolutely not good,but when this sourness fade away is very very nice.Mild flowers,feminine,warm,sunny and positive.It smells in the dry down like an expensive cream with little honey

Jellybean
Jellybean

beautiful clean and fresh floral.
creamy and powdery.
violets-peony-roses-anise-lilacs-cedar> dominating notes
such a great name for such a pretty smelling perfume!
silage is great too, 6-7 hours
again nicely done house of Guerlain!

SadieBluesLady
SadieBluesLady

Another boring ho-hum scent from Guerlain, even less 'whelming' than the others I have tried during the past year. It is vaguely reminiscent of a faded scent found in the lining of a ladies purse from the 1940's . . . sweet, powdery, but without significant appeal or identifiable note.

drummagick
drummagick

I'm wearing this on the back of my hand and wanting to hate it because almonds don't belong in perfume, but damned if it isn't growing on me. I get mimosa first and then almonds, then lilac. One of the more unusual perfumes I've ever smelled, with the almond note (No I don't get to the perfume counters much) ;)

A nice spring perfume. Inoffensive. I could see wearing this to the office, but only one spritz.

Getting some fruit now. The peach and slight hint of melon with the mimosa and lilac is really quite lovely.

I am really liking this. But almonds still don't belong in perfume. lol

Dika
Dika

Happy, positive, sparkling, "Spring in the bottle" fragrance. Surprisingly long silage. Very nice.

artsyrn
artsyrn

This is a soft, pretty fragrance with subtle but genuine sillage. I get a woody, almond, peachy effect that's very feminine and chic.

romrom
romrom

This is a very nice fragrance, It's very elegent and chic. I had a very small bottle of this a long time ago and I remember just how feminine and Romantic it made me feel, like a walk in paris with someone you love, just beautiful.

VanilllaPrincess
VanilllaPrincess

Can be a little overpowering but a nice sophisticated fragrance which makes me feel like a woman. I like to wear it when out on a nice dinner date to a fancy restaurant.

polinkasuperova
polinkasuperova

i had this frag in high scholls i used to be mad over it, i havent used it in years sametimes i find it a bit strong but i will consider buying it again its a very sexy scent.....x

fumelover
fumelover

This was very fresh and clean on paper. Lovely, actually. When I sprayed it on my skin, it remained lovely for about 30 min and then became very strange. Reminded me of lemon scented nail polish remover or Joy, dishwashing liquid. Obviously, not the scent for me! Too bad, because it's really pretty right out of the bottle.

lemmenkukka
lemmenkukka

This is one of my top scents. It´s happy, optimistic and CHIC. Never dull - I know; I´ve been wearing it for the moment it was in available here in Finland. Many thanks to GUERLAIN!

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I tried this hoping for lilac, but this was pure mimosa on me for the first few hours. It had a slight lipstick-like smell to it for a little while though before fading to soft rose, powdery violet and vanilla. This was really very lovely, a great Spring floral. As with all Guerlains the staying power is excellent and the sillage is so nice, definitely there but not strong or overbearing at all. This sure does make me think of Spring in Paris.

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

I was quite taken with this one when I sampled it and thought it was going to grow and reveal some more notes to me other than a powdery almond like aroma. Unfortunately it didn't and I was a little disappointed with it. It's a lovely casual fragrance that I'd wear during the day, however, I have no plans on buying it in the near future. Again, I reiterate, it is a LOVELY, classic fragrance, but not for me. I might add that of all the Guerlain fragrances, Samsara is the greatest! I've just ordered myself another bottle.
Update: I've ordered a 30ml of Champs Elysees. I've changed my mind and decided that it is a gorgeous, classic fragrance.

Majesty
Majesty

Champs Elysees is a ''happy'',sunny,floral scent which immediately gives you the sense of well being. It starts with a big doze of watermelon,transclusent and ''weightless''.I detect mimosa,white flowers and watermelon. I could imagine it on a bride during spring time,so cheerful and full of expectations!Very nice fruity floral,a true classic.Personally I am not a fan of fruity scents but this one is one of the best fruity scents I have ever smelled.So if you love fruits(especially watermelon),don't hesitate!

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

I find Champs Elysees a rather harmless thing---it's pleasant enough, but not remarkable. I get an initial scent of mimosa flowers and crushed almonds with just a smidgen of fruit (probably black current), which rapidly settles into a vaguely lilac-y smell that reminds me of vintage lilac perfumes or bath products from the likes of "Woods & Windsor". It's certainly not offensive, but it won't provoke any exclamations of how wonderful you smell. It doesn't smell cheap, merely a bit tentative. However, it doesn't last well, at least on me; but then I was using the EdT. It has virtually no sillage and fades away within 20 minutes. If I press my nose right to my wrist, I can detect a whisper of almond dust...I will use up the bottle, probably mostly wearing it around the house, but have no plan to buy another.

Tovah
Tovah

Mellyhelly's review just floored me, because I had the exact same reaction to this fragrance..."nervous...like a reaction to danger..." I remember the drydown was lovely, but it was much too disturbing to wear! I owned this around 1994 and wound up giving it to a friend.

Decodawn
Decodawn

Sparkling, fresh, like rain on a spring morning, green freshly cut grass. I love this fragrance ideal for daytime use and young 18-30 somethings. Enjoy.

hconnors
hconnors

A German friend of mine shared Champs Elysees with me years ago. Although I don't wear it everyday, I've had the most comments, from my husband, my children and even my high school students. They seem to feel comforted and inspired by it.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

I owned this years ago, and I had mixed feelings.. while I did think it was beautiful, it was bit boring, and I could instantly tell the difference being guerlains higher quality, but it seemed to me(a very young nose at the time) to just be a little off, I remember something bothering me about this and I'm not sure what cant remember, would love to test it out agiain, it's been ages

Another mimosa killer. Terrible for my head yet so nice smelling! I had to stop wearing it years ago. It made me feel very nervous like a reaction to danger. Same happens with other scents and everytime mimosa seems to be the culprit or at least the chemical they use for it. The real plant doesn't kill me that way!
Apart from this Champs-Elysees is a very poetic and luminous perfume, maybe thought with a younger woman in mind but suitable for all elegant girls of any age!
I especially like the weird woody note and almond in the drydown. Fresh in the head, sweet-woody at the bottom. Lasting power is good.

karaaslang
karaaslang

uplifting, sweet, optimistic. nice daily wear. feminince, light, distinctive. I feel like this smelles like a gourmet candy after a certain while.

krmarich
krmarich

Its 1996. This was the sequel to Samsara. Was this possible? I was skeptical, as the original CE bore little resemblance to this stranger. Did it work?

Yes! This new original launch was as trendy as Samasara. It was a total "pink" floral that held a fruit salad just before the heart of warm summer blossoms that just keep coming for the next few hour! Indeed, you get new notes every few hours. Amazing, yes. This was "Jardins de Bagatelles" revisited in pink. A complex and dramatic floral that set the watermark. A perfect summertime lovesong. Totally Guerlain...

Yes, it was a bestseller. Bestsellers were never intended for Guerlain. LVMH took the string and ran with it. A few reformulations later, it was ran into the ground. The notes became harsh and synthetic, like nail polish remover. You can throw in some terpentine.

The curious will seek out an original classic. Its strange to refer to a classic that isnt even 20 years old. Frankly, I wonder if CE was the reason that the entire industry turned...Its no fault of the original beauty.

ION
ION

Clearly, "Champs Elysees" is Guerlain's attempt to a wider more mainstream audience and as such, it is a good try. The perfume is pleasant, open and uplifting, optimistic more than anything else, with its fruit notes very nicely blended.
Nothing extraordinary here but distinctive and pleasant enough so the customer gets a second bottle.
For more info read below, especially jtd's comments are quite to the point.
I don't like the bottle.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I had it many years ago when I was younger and didn't appreciate it as much as I do now. This is a rosy fragrance that is a bit retro in style but also sophisticated and innocent. The scent itself is bubbly and sparkly almost champagne like. I can imagine a young woman with blonde curly hair with a talkative and outgoing personality wearing this fragrance. She is assertive but comes across with a delicate presence. This is a very sweet scent that is floral and fruity at the same time. If you like vanilla fragrances that are fun and girly give this one a try!

yelena.gorelova
yelena.gorelova

For me it's a fragrance of happy and careless life! Only lilac and lily-of-the-valley and a bit of cedar when dries down! Pure happiness, Dolce Vita and Felicita!

tristura
tristura

Io amo follemente questa fragranza.
La mimosa è delicata e mai pungente ed è solo un filo conduttore che abbraccia subito la mandorla ( ne dolce ne amara) e il fiore di lillà che a braccetto si unisce al melone, succoso e tenero e poi la pesca, lievissima (niente di sciropposo). Il tutto si adagia dolcemente su un letto di sandalo e ribes nero.
Il sentore è morbido, delicato ma allo stesso tempo deciso e duraturo.

Un profumo decisamente fruttato e meno floreale, ma la cosa che amo di più è che la parte floreale è cosi "bianca" e soave....

Un profumo luminoso, goloso e chic

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

DocTales
DocTales

This is one of the softest, most elegant and addictive florals I have ever smelled. It is honey-infused Mimosa, very rich and intense, yet gentle and subtle at the same time. There is a delicate sweetness to it, but it is far from being overly sticky sweet like the Escada summer scents or pretty much all Victoria Secret fragrances.

It makes me think of carefree late spring afternoons when the trees are in full bloom and the air is filled with a blend of all their scents.

Guerlain is just a great fragrance house and one can smell that their perfumes are still derived from natural substances as opposed to synthetic versions that so many other mass production scents now mostly consist of.

It is, however, better suited for women beyond the age of 29 as it is youthful, but not girly.

Champs-Elysee just puts me in a positive mood whenever I smell it! It is like Marcel Proust captured in a bottle. A timeless French masterpiece.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

An amazing soft floral. It reminds me of sunlotion, and that's not a bad thing. One I used when I was little I think. I really love this. It's easy to wear in the spring/summer or on casual days. Great perfume.

jtd
jtd

Starts off with competing notes of a shallow but sharp sweetness and an insecticide-floral. They merge for a bit, then the insecticide (which I'd hoped would win) gives way to a sweet, bland floral. It's blaring, though. It's like sitting near a very loud conversation in a language you don't understand. You can't escape the volume, but you haven't the least idea what's actually going on. It comes at you from every angle, but isn't intriguing. While it hits a number of strong tones, sweet, floral, bright (fluorescent) metallic, it becomes tiresome very quickly.

I find CE very off-putting, but I must admit that this type of perfume isn't my bag and I have trouble here distinguishing between what doesn't appeal to me and what is in fact unsuccessful overall. Cautious neutral rating.

pureblonde
pureblonde

As a lover of the note mimosa this was a must-try for me and I have to say, I absolutely adore this fragrance.
It is so well rounded and beautifully crafted that all the notes blend together in harmony. It is fresh and vibrant yet sweet, warm and inviting at the same time and I can't help but feel uplifted when I spray this on.
I have been wearing this every day since I bought it and it's just perfect for work, weekend and even nights out - particularly in the warmer weather.
Longevity is very good, I can still smell it on my skin 6+ hours plus it clings well to fabric though I do top up if I'm heading out again later that day.
Highly recommend.

Chandramukhi
Chandramukhi

This perfume is true to its name. It evokes the luxury and the light and happy atmosphere of the grand boulevard in Paris. This is one of the best perfumes ever created.
Its balance is perfect, it is so well rouded that one cannot say exactly what the notes are. It's pure delight. The most original in the world.

lyndsey12
lyndsey12

Any review I write couldnt do this masterpiece justice. Its lovely from start to finish, I have been wearing it 5hrs now and its still going strong with moderate sillage and good longetivity. I am definitely able to easily pick out the lilac and violet notes which make it an elegant and pretty scent for all seasons in the daytime.

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

A very pungent floral mixture on me, I find Champs Elysees to be mature and bright. It's elegant but doesn't leave much to the imagination and after a few hours hadn't developed into something more subtle on my skin.

TWebb
TWebb

I had bought Champs Elysees a few years ago and remember a light, fresh fragrance but was undecided whether I loved it or not. I am sure we all have fragrances that we love wearing and can't wait to dab on and others, while mixing with our own body chemistry, we are not quite sure of. I remember liking it so I tried it again, but decided to give it to my mother (my daughter said it was something grandma would wear). The understated fruity, floral fragrance stikes me as appealing to a more mature woman.

Shemarie
Shemarie

Today I picked this up on a whim.. I am shocked how much I love it. It smells like a mixture of liac and violet with a touch of sandalwood and vanilla. It has a fresh soft floral appeal . I will now keep an open mind about perfume. I had read in the book "Perfume" that this was a fluorescent floral. LT called it the second worst perfume that Guerlains ever made. I am so glad I picked it up. It is now my favorite scent.

pippab
pippab

A delicate, pretty floral. I really liked it, but it didn't like me. To my horror, it gave me a rash and I had to discontinue using it. It was such a shame as I thought I'd found my signature spring/summer scent.

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

So far Guerlain fragrances have been somewhat elusive to me. Until now. I can state that Champs Elysees is my Guerlain fragrance. It is a rather soft, yet multifaceted floral.

Champs Elysees starts with an opening that I'd put along the line of Tresor, Incanto and Burberry Weekend - the epic peach. Nevertheless, I find it less bitter and compelling. It is softened by the dreamy lilac and the fresh anise. Somewhere in there the mimosa starts to raise its voice accompaigned by the fresh almond. I don't get the melon but it must be there too because the whole thing stays vibrant and unified. I feel the clean vibe but I don't find it shamoo-like.

Towards the middle the almond takes over, now with a sweeter tone from the vanilla. The violet gives a bit of powder and warmth too.

The dry down is all about the bitter sweetness of almonds and musky vanilla, but I had to wait quite some time to enjoy it, by which I mean this perfume lasted on my skin very long. I got pleasant wafts all day long.

Champs Elysees is chic but not formal, floral without being obtrusive, sultry while being composed, romantic without being cheesy. Some would consider it mediocre, for me Champs Elysees means harmony. You could say it is a little 'outdated' with the lilacs and the peach and all,but I like exactly this in Champs Elysees' appeal. And it's done really well

I'm wearing this in a warm summer day, but I can see it as a year-round fragrance that would make me feel beautiful any time, anywhere.

20thcenturyrelic
20thcenturyrelic

I used this about 10 years back and loved it. The EDT only stayed on me for a couple of hours, but I had some perfume miniatures that lasted all day.

I remember rose and some kind of fruity notes the best. I don't remember the violet or lilac that some reviewers mentioned, but, it has been a few years.

Too bad they discontinued it. Or am I wrong? Did they bring it back?

1blondeangel
1blondeangel

Champs-Elysees, Where have you been all my life? This is light and airy reminiscent of the most fragrant spring flowers all mixed together with a light rain falling and a gentle breeze blowing carrying the intoxicating scent. The flowers are not overbearing in any way. Very delicate and subtle yet always there. A slight powdery trail but not in any way like a room freshener. This is GOOD stuff! It's elegant yet very wearable by anyone. Jasmine is not mentioned but I do get a little whiff of Jasmine mixed in there. The Lilacs and Lily of the Valley are predominant to my nose with a slight sweetness. The best way I can possibly explain this gem is to say I could see an Angelic being wear this lovely fragrance. It's almost a religious experience!!

boruvka44
boruvka44

I would love CHE, as I like lilacs and in this fragrance they are not so brutally narcotic, but it`s just a little bit too cold for me. Like an early spring morning after night rain. The advert is perfect, warmth of love is gone and you stand alone in fresh cold dawn again.

sunnycherie
sunnycherie

My mother bought a 50ml bottle back in 1990s, still has half of a bottle left. I tried it once only to find it is truly too sweet for my nose. In the meantime, I have to say it is very elegant, delicate and sophisticated. If you like sweet smell, this one is definitely for you.

Catty
Catty

I Just bought this gem today.

For me, it´s all about the finest french rose. So delicate, cristalline.

The best rose scent ever for me. It´s my day scent, together with Cristalle.

A treasure!

louanna
louanna

The dominating scent for me is lilacs, a cloud of lilacs! Definitely one of my favorites. Very delicate, classy and beautiful!

SingaporeGirl1975
SingaporeGirl1975

Always have at least four fragrances,fallen in and out of love with many fragrances but always have a bottle of this hence it is my all time favorite. I feel sexy, sophisticated and put me in a great mood. I highly recommend it to fans of Mahora also by Guerlain which is no longer on the market.

I had this one as a present in my early 20s and I neglected it a lot, because I did not like it. On coincidence I tried it now again, being in my 30s, and I have a complete different picture of it. I guess it is really the age factor. It is powdery and therefore probably made it a no-go in my early 20s, but now on my skin it developes nicely flowery and airy. It's a good daytime or office scent and I find it quite pleasant now. The staying power of the EdT is not so great though. It's gone on me after 1 hour or so. Therefore I find it too expensive. I guess there is also still the powdery note that wouldn't make it a buy for me either.

PS: To get a better impression I tested it again and sprayed it completely over me - but again it was gone after only 1 hour. While I could still detect it, I found it to be a bit like a melon dominated scent. It wasn't unpleasant but it isn't for me.

donna77
donna77

i associate this scent with freshness and flying.it`s like being wrapped in the most delicate spring flowers. it makes me feel confident,beautiful and special.really beautiful blend of notes.

LaPetite
LaPetite

The name of it is as cliché as the scent is good , and it is gorgeous .
A very fresh, light , flowery scent that yet remains elegant , complex and bright .
Can fit any age , for any occasion , to the office wear to the "special occasions" .
It's on my wishlist !

Fizzy

That is my fav, SIGNATURE scent. I L O V E I T F O R E V E R!!!

The EDP is a princess scent and very delicious. If I love somebody or something, I can´t describe it a lot, it´s only love, which make me so worthless.

I finished more than 5 big bottles and still don´t have enough, I come back to this even traying 3 fragrances per week!

CE EDP lasts long and has a perfect silage.

melia
melia

Such a lovely flowery bouquet.. The saleslady was completely surprised I wanted to test this on my arm, while I was surprised she was surprised. She said not everybody likes it, but I thought; 'why not!?'. It does not smell too old nor too young, it's not too sharp nor too creamy, it's just a lovely floral with a present lilac note never abusing or insulting your nose. What's not to like about that? Anyway, great choice for sring, but could be worn all year around!

madhatter1
madhatter1

Loved it in my 20's, light powdery fruity floral....made any room smell nice. It didnt always last on me though. I know many love it! Its a classic!

Jannochka
Jannochka

I LOVE Champs Elysees. It’s perfect for me. I love it from the very beginning to the end. It lingers on my skin and I smell it 10 hours later. It’s my favorite perfume for now. It works for any occasion, very elegant and chic.

mika71
mika71

I love the beginning of this, even though it's quite strong to me. I've learned that one spray at arm's length is more than enough.

For me it starts as a delightful and fresh burst of peach, lily, berries, with a hint of the lilac. I don't pick up much almond, although I wish I did... the dry down is somewhat dry and peachy on me, which is fine, but not what I expected.

In the dry down it does remind me of Lancome's Tresor, which I actually can't stand. The dry down of CE, for me, is like Tresor but without that sharp artificial/synthetic note.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

other reviews here are spot-on, there is something of a 70's childhood about this...'Matey' bubble bath springs to mind, mixed with a slightly sour almond and mimosa, which stand out for me. There is a dissonance within the notes which didn't appeal to me straight away but the drydown is comfortable if not remarkable. It WON'T be replacing my wonderful Shalimar as a Guerlain triumph but I kind of like it's quiet comfort. Not as distressing a stink as Luca Turin found it, apparently!!

Sassy1
Sassy1

This is another scent I was so looking forward to trying, hoping for a sweet almond/floral/sandalwood/vanilla masterpiece.
Well, the first 20 seconds of the EDT I have is pure alchohol burn off. Then I get a few minutes of indestinguishable fruitiness (pear maybe?) which turns into a powdery soap smell.
I couldn't place it at first but if you remember Life hair conditioner when you were a kid, that's exactly what the transition and middle smell like. You know, the bright pink stuff in the blue bottle? There's a little more rosiness to this but otherwise it's a dead ringer.
After around an hour or so, it has disappeared entirely on me. I sniff my wrist and get nothing but the faintest trace of something, again indestingishable.

Sadly, I will not be adding a larger bottle of CE to my collection. It has no real depth, structure or complexity that I look forward to from the older/true maisons

Please Guerlain, try again, but this time with some feeling!

truffles
truffles

Am sampling this today. What I'm getting most strongly from it is lilac, which funnily enough, due to memories of a lilac solid perfume stick that was around when I was a child, I've been wondering about the smell of.
I'm sure it's very enchanting for the right person but this kind of floral is just not for me.

susan1326
susan1326

Brings back happy memories of being a young girl playing with the flowers from our large mimosa tree and watching the hummingbirds make their twilight visits to the flowers. CE is lightly sweet. It does seem to "sparkle" as other reviewers have written. Although it's light, it is not timid. Has great sillage. I own Shalimar and L'Instant and while I like them, the powdery dry-down is not my favorite part. So happy to have found CE, which on my skin maintains a pure, true scent even upon dry-down. Definitely a special fragrance, and also not one you'll smell on lots of others.

vincy_gal

This is one of the very few perfumes I want to buy again! It is flowery without being cloyingly sweet. It is light enough for work but works in the evening as well. It has become my 'go to' frag!

Love it!

ivyheel
ivyheel

On me CE is all about the mimosa! It's very light and inoffensive, and smells much like fizzy champagne straight out of the bottle. I wore it for New Years, and I especially like it for spring when I wear dresses. The odd part is that I get a "cold" vibe from this fragrance, but perhaps that's because it is not very sweet. Many have complemented me on this fragrance, and it lasts for a good while too!

ShannyO
ShannyO

Champs Elysses, a beautiful reminder of my college days..... it became my exclusive the fall of my junior year. It smells elegant, rich, but not overpowering. I was captivated the first time I smelled it and swore by it religiously. It is a floral, but there's something about it that evokes thoughts of strolling along an enchanting path, with two glasses of champagne and an unbearably charming man waiting in the wings. Very romantic, very feminine, highly recommended!

Lady Love
Lady Love

A delicate and lovely scent. Very Unique. This just seems like a beautiful mimosa soap. I can easily detect the Almond, Mimosa,violet and melon.

My only complaint is that very sweet floral tend to be sometimes a little nauseating. So, I don't know if I could wear it all day.

One little spritz it lasts forever.

Red Rose
Red Rose

I remember when this fragrance first came out for the crowd. My father was alive at that time & I was that little princess that no one would compare. It was my scent & I remember when terrible problem hit me like a horricane. I still have the bottle & it still has this charming & innocent aroma. When I hold the bottle now I remember how I was at that time. Sweet, innocent & charming princess holding her father's hand.
*cries*

Angel10
Angel10

Confusing and bland. Nondescript. Superficial. Cannot get into it. Cannot like it. Even kind of annoying to me. Might be the melon, black currant, almond combo.

No thank you.

klopgovorun
klopgovorun

Love it! This is the one perfume I keep going back to. Tried hundreds of others, nothing can top Champs Elysees for me. Sparkling, fresh, elegant, romantic, optimistic... just wonderful! Maybe it's my chemistry, but this perfume got me the most compliments from men. :) I am a huge fan, have been for over 10 years, and I have to try new scents and flavors every week.

KasiaS
KasiaS

I don't think there was a serious reformulation, this perfume is still like I remember it from the past. And yes, better for it no to be compared with Chamade :)
Somehow, maybe because I grew up in the 90s and it was commonly used around me, this one is so much a synonym of "perfume" itself that I can't find anything peculiar to talk about here... A soft, very feminine fruity-floral, bright and nice, with distinct melon, anise, mimose and lilac notes. Hard to find anything offensive or overwhelming in it. Back in the 90s I used to think it was incredibly chique and lady-like, now I find it rather flat and light. Still, if it didn't come from Guerlain, from whom I have very high expectations, I would describe it as a very good perfume. Quite french, although to fit the gorgeous Sophie really well, it would need to be mixed with something less polite, like cigarette smoke, maybe.

ogofragrant
ogofragrant

My sister wore this years ago before she got married. She loved to use all the very strong, heavy, unpleasant perfumes that I hated (Poison, Bijan, etc)...so this refreshingly light & breezy perfume was quite a departure from her usual choices...one that I was grateful for.

I hate the ugly bottle (I hate any bottle that's disproportionately top-heavy) but the fragrance is delightfully refreshing...it actually gives a feeling of Paris in Spring (not that I'd know, I was never there, but it's how I'd imagine it). Sometimes I consider buying some for myself...but then it would only remind me of my sister. I recommend it, though.

ReinaT
ReinaT

I do love the house of Guerlain, and this is a pretty floral perfume, soft and fruity but for me, there is nothing magical about it, like Shalimar or Samsara. This one is comletely different. It is nice for day use and would work well in summer and spring. I find that I need to use a lot of it to smell it, maybe the parfum concenstrate is necessary (I have the EDT). I'm not especially impressed, too fruity for me, but I can see why some people like it. If you dont like strong perfumes that are on the bubbly fruity side, you may like this one.

pansylady
pansylady

This fragrance gives me a distinct L'Heure Bleue vibe-only it seems softer, somehow, not medicinal at all-

On me, the black currant, anise, rose and violet notes predominate, and the drydown is particularly soft and feminine.

Unfortunately, the sillage, potency and longevity are not what I would expect from this house-

havanadaydream
havanadaydream

Excuse me Mam , would you like to try Guerlains new scent ?? And thats how it started , in Dillards. My love of Champs. It feels like New Years Eve , all bubbly and fizzy. I get peach , peach and more peach. Its a classic. Bravo Guerlain.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

This is a sweet and innocent fragrance. I don't know why but I have a deep association between this fragrance and Lancome's Tresor, but Champs doesn't have that certain "pungency" that Tresor does. For some reason Tresor can segue into body odor on me sometimes. The drydown takes a bit out of it and becomes a soapy delicacy. It smells clean, like a classier Pure Grace.

lyzza2112
lyzza2112

This perfume I wear to college in 1998..It's so wonderful and I can still smell the touch of this intelligent creation...

Cereza
Cereza

Melon is the one who should take the blame. It opens for me like a shampoo or some kind of fruity bath oil for children. I'm not joking here. I was actually surprised that this resembles showe gel, shampoo etc. so much. For me it does not resemble perfume. But, hey, hold your horses. I'm talking about the opening. When the melon somehow fades out (oh, thanks god), lovely peony and rose duet starts to play the lead role, turning this to a lovely powdery floral with hints of fresh, sparkly fruits, which still cary the resemblence to some body care product.

I'm not sure. The shampoo disturbs me so much that I can't even...weh. It's still there. Makes me unhappy.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Not fruity at all :-)
No sweetness, just pure floral notes, well composed but not sweet as the notes description may suggest.
I do not find it playful or sheer - it is a very well composed and balanced fragrance that would be great for office wear as well as casual Sunday :-)
Lasting power and sillage is great, the EDP has a bit of green twist (mimosa) to the floral bouquet but it has nothing to do with most fruity mixtures available on the market.
The EDT, on the other hand, is a bit more 'delicate' and I love to layer EDP with EDT :-)
Rose, almonds, lily of the valley and peony play an important role here, I only wish there was more fruitiness and sweetness to it!
All in all - the quality of juice is great as with all Guerlain creations.
Champs Elysees EDP concentration would appeal to floral/floral green lovers.
Certainly worth trying.

P.S. My relationship with Champs Elysees has been nothing like love at first sight. I did not like it at first spritz. It was only after third attempt that I got that ''Oh it smells so good and mature'' feeling. Do not be put off by using it once and deciding it is not yours, try it a few times at different weather conditions and you will see what I mean.

mjqueen
mjqueen

i just scored a 100ml bottle for $60 australian dollars!! im a massive fruity floral fan a big fan of escada and i find this up there with the best fruity floral available, even for those who do not favor this olfactive group give it a chance its nothing like the rest! definately not your typical generic synthetic fruity floral ?(which i love anyhow but each to their own
the drydown is different, it is a complex scent top notes quite different from the base drydown base notes are delightful

imperfect-angel
imperfect-angel

I really wanted to like it but on me Champs Elysees smell like prickly heat powder. Too powderly and old fashioned.

The longivity is great, last all day without re-applying. The bottle design is beautiful.

maatgirl
maatgirl

There is so much about this fragrance to love, that I still love it in spite of its faults (which I will get to later.)

First, this is a first quality, highly distinctive fragrance. The violet, melon and mimosa give a lift to the lilac that is also apparent in the top and heartnotes; to me it is a sweet, smiling older sister to the beautiful but melancholy FM's En Passant. The fragrance is sweet but not cloying, it lasts on my skin 8+ hours, and in drydown possesses that undeniable gourmand Guerlinade base. Tres formidable.

In addition, I think the CE bottle is one of the most beautiful on the market. It has a graceful, architectural quality that's a work of art on its own.

On the negative side of the ledger, all my points are admittedly subjective; feel free to take them with a grain of salt. First, I am not a huge fan of the fruity floral genre, so I don't love this as much as I'd love a fabulous chypre, oriental or even a gourmand oriental. Second, this does not have the lush richness of the 'vintage' Guerlains, which I classify as Jicky [1880s] through Chamade [1960s]. Of course, CE is representative of a different school of perfumery, and you can't compare an apple to an orange. I think Turin and Sanchez gave CE a beating it doesn't deserve, and I'll paraphrase their line about it for my own purposes: I don't care if the nightclubs of Macau stink of it...I still like it.

imoore
imoore

Top notes are
Mimosa Leaf, Almond Blossom, Rose .
Buddleia, Mimosa Blossom
Almond Wood, Hibiscus, Hibiscus Seed.
It mentiones on the bottle:
Green notes, Buddleia and Mimosa.

It is a well-done, classic fragrance.
a 100 ml bottle would last almost a year.
I like it in colder month. The fact that there is no common vanilla and musk notes are in it is a big bonus.

TakaBeata

I was in Austria. Is there a many, many great well stocked perfumeries.I thought that perhaps something to me will appeal very much. I remained at Champs :)It is for me the best.

vincy_gal

This has become my 'go to' scent. I am comfortable wearing it to the office and to go out. It's good during the winter, and great in the summer. I rarely buy a scent twice..but I may make an exception with this one!

anaaranha
anaaranha

I don't know what happens to me when I smell this fragrance. I was so excited about it that I ordered it in the net. I then.. I was so disappointed! I didn't find it elegant or fresh or youthfull. For real, it remembers me the smell of a spray that was used in the time of my parent, in my childhood, in brazilian Carnival, that people to sprayed at each other and later was prohibited, because it could gives someone a heart attack (among other things). It's an artificial smell, I suppose, and doesn't work for me at all.

cherubkiss
cherubkiss

Happiness and highly feminine are the words that come to my mind when I wear this perfume. Soft gentle flowers, intermingle with a very soft peach, beautiful almond and a hint of vanilla. There is something that is so pure about this perfume, it makes me think of angels. Classy, and very french. This perfume will always be in my collection.

nezzabel
nezzabel

The smell of a romantic Spring in a bottle!

This is my very first Guerlain and it's amazing! The mimosa and peony are the floral notes that I sense the most, blended with the melon and peach and with that strong note of almond (and I'm a sucker for almonds)... and then a beautiful powdery vanilla. Ahhhh perfection!=)

This is so juicy, so shampoo like, so fruity, so joyful, so romantic and so.... happy! And yet it's chic, elegant and classic type of fragrance.
It makes me feel wonderful, it makes me feel trapped in a fairy tale with the certain that my prince will love the way I smell!
And I must say that my prince really does love this one on me!;)

And I do love Champs Elysées too! Merci Guerlain!

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

When I was about 5, I remember smelling something just like this on the grown up ladies my mum stopped to talk to at the shops. Wow, I wanted to be so much like them, all grown up & married. Nothing has happened in the intervening years to change my mind or ruin my impression of this wonderful liquid. It is a divine representation of everything I wish for in life.

My personal memories aside, there is a note that is so incredibiy familiar but I just could not pinpoint it. That's ok, I am happy to wear this perfume forever to work it out. My fiance could smell the anise flower ('watered down liquorice' in his words). Later I could smell a wonderful soft, faint soapiness (mimose?).

The drydown stays soapy but is also mildly robust (probably the woods). I could not smell any vanilla itself but there is an underlying sweetness.

This is a superbly crafted perfume. It is not even remotely a modern fruity floral from recent years filled with sugar & fruit (aka jam/jelly). It is much more complex and suitable for women 30+ years, although sophisticated younger women could wear it too.

dianthus
dianthus

Oh my...what a feeling to smell this! Suddenly i fell in love with very very floral perfumes...it reminds me all romantic moments i had in my life together! For me there is nothing sweet(as candies), but kind of "honey" feeling as you can feel when you put your nose into white blooming shrubs:)I can feel lilac the most and litle philadelphus, some lily of the valley too...generaly all april-june flowers...What is good, my head don't ache becouse of it, even thought all flowers i wrote here you can imagine as the headache together..I can also see a big green romantic park or garden with high trees with white blooming flowers, it is cloudy and rainy day, but the air is so fresh becouse of it. Perfect place for meeting with the one you are in love, or maybe its just my memories;). Perfume for gentle, romantic, but not crazy and girly woman who is adored by someone;)...and hey, no grandma is in this smell!:)thanks to one member who show me the way to this bottle;)

TakaBeata

It is the scent very elegant. Warm, floral, bright, a little of fruit. Mosts of persons reminds it the spring.
I attend that this the scent on every the season how his will fall in love . Clearly we will scent mimosa and other flowers, but very elegant. It is the scent very French, without heavy notes which in the most of American scents we scent.
EDP is more Cream. EDT is bright , green. The last phase of the scent in all versions is beautiful, delicate , warm vanilla. It is the scent full charm and youths, freshnesses.
For me super:)I prefer EDT and Deo perfum.

zvoncica
zvoncica

Champs Elysees is princess child in Guerlains palace. With silk ribbon in curly hair. And swinging pony horse next to her bed.

In expectance of Champs Elysees I expected The Miracle. All reviewers here praised it. The miracle didn’t come. First several testing disappointed me. Although pleasant, smell was so light, almost undetectable (EDT). One day accidentally, I sprayed Champs on my jacket. The innocence of the floral soul Champs possesses left me touched and speechless. The tiniest trumpets of lilac and hibiscus flower played Beethoven’s Moonlight sonata. Champs is vivacious and sad perfume in the same time.

If there is elegance in the perfume world, look in the Guerlains palace where princess child raids the pony horse.

Puppe
Puppe

And that is what I call Floral Fruity and playfull! Champs Elysees is a great perfume just because every time I smell it makes me smile, makes me feel good. I just adore the combination between lilac and vanilla...It is not my no.1, but clearly it is a special perfume, a gift that Guerlain offers to all women for a great price! It is long lasting for an edt

petronella
petronella

This has been my #1 perfume, my signature smell. When it just came out in 1996 I bought my first bottle EDT @ Bergdorf Goodmann's 5th Ave store when it was still there. I've gotten compliments wearing it from the beginning. I've been buying bottles ever since, my last one,at Guerlain's flagship store on the Champs-Elysees, Paris. My husband bought the 50ml refil in the metal holder. The gold- colored holder has never really closed well, and is now broken-Now I have to take the refill bottle out of its holder when I want to spriz :(
BTW: I stonly disagree with Lucia Turin who finds that Guerlain should put this fragrance out of its misery...HA! who is LT anyway?

kylexora
kylexora

The first time i saw the ad in magazines, i was amazed. 'Life is the best to be played without a script', the description of this perfume. At that time, i expect the perfume would smell unexpected, daring, wild and free. then the first time i smell it, it kinda blur, candy sweet and floral. Well, far from my imagination, but suit the bottle image. The quote should be 'Life is the best to be played without a script, but there is a guidelines'

The smell start with fresh and green notes. then turn to floral and soft woody notes.a pleasant smell though. Not my taste, but i have it. it for special some event where i need to be less outstanding. the sillage is weak, but for those who sit beside you, they can smell it.

I got myself a parfum bottle of this one. Sometimes it remind me of Etienne Aigner Private Number which is have been discotinued. great to be wear with vintage dress, chic blouse. Suit a gentle lady, grace women. Definitely not a sexy one, but elegant and chic.

moonwalker
moonwalker

I am charmed by this fragrance... so classic, so chic, so very French, so happy... I think this perfume is strong and noticeable but in a subtle and feminine way... I know it´s almost an oxymoron - just like a woman :)
Mimose, almond, and pear are the notes I get the most...
Anyway give this one a try... or two (to tell the truth I didn´t like it when I tried it for the first time)

guest_Guest.
guest_Guest.

A soft, gentle fragrance, almost angelic. perfume. The aroma of white flowers and sweet almond gently wafts around you. A cherub from heaven would in deed be fragranced with this beautiful perfume. It is apparent I love this perfume.

danimcneil
danimcneil

I was able to sample this recently from a swap. And wow! I have never smelt a scent that impressed me this much and smelt like me, but better... you knw what I mean? CE is SO optimistic and lovely. IMO I would call this a bright floral. I cant sensemany fruits in here, but maybe they are the hint of sweetness that is here. The one adjective to be used here is ethereal. Chic may also be used. This can be an everyday clean scent if used lightly and an out on the town scent with a heavier hand. Thank you for the sample! This will definitely be my next buy!

IamWoman
IamWoman

I confess...I first smelled this fragrance on one of those cards inside a magazine at a doctor's office. I couldn't put it down. I waited for the room to clear, ripped it out and applied it every place I could. A few days later, I bought my first of 3 bottles, soon to be 4 bottles. It reminds me of a rainy early spring afternoon...relaxing and romantic,and quiet. It is definitely a classic, and its notes are so balanced and lilting. After a hot evening bath, it is totally soothing and elegant. I LOVE it!!!

CHAMPS ELYSEES has always struck me as the Guerlain fragrance for people who dislike Guerlain. I hope that Guerlainophiles will not be offended, but this light, fruity, playful, almost fizzy liquid bears within its affable nature none of the profundity of the classics, IMNSHO.

CHAMPS ELYSEES is a friendly fragrance, which could scarcely offend anyone--it is so agreeable and easy to get along with: neither too sweet nor intoxicatingly deep.

This is not to say, however, as some reviewers have claimed, that CE is cheap. This is a very high-quality, well-constructed fragrance, but it is really geared for women who do not take perfume very seriously, I think.

There are often occasions, however, even for those of us who love to indulge in the depths of L'HEURE BLEUE, MITSOUKO, and friends, when something lighter is called for. CHAMPS ELYSEES answers that need. A slightly sweet floral that has real appeal and is great for an occasional date but could never turn into a long-term relationship requiring serious metaphysical commitment.

Taxidermy
Taxidermy

I've always loved the bottle, the name, the mood that this perfume brings, the video commercial and (especially) the song in it. The only thing I've never been mad about was the scent. It's ok, it's likeable. It smells light and sunny like linden blossom. A little sweet, a little sour. But I've never been blessed to be in unquestionable love with Champs-Elysees. Finally I have it. I guess it's all about the sentiments. Sometimes they win over a scent. Or maybe it is the beginning of true love relationship. Who knows...
For my surprise, I really like the fruity beginning. I only wish the top notes could stay longer! Sadly, from the bottle it smells better than on a blotter or skin. But I may not be objective about this (I wish I'm not).
P.S. Well, I disagree with L.Turin :P I don't find CE cheap and adolescent, but rather mature and elegant.
P.P.S. I've just noticed that Champs-Elysees has something in common with Laura Biagiotti Laura.

edit:
Now I can honestly say I love Champs Elysees ;)

lucifera
lucifera

its perfect i still love it! used to own it and when i had it i only used it for special events dates ect...couldn't stop smelling as well, very addictive;-)
now that i know that there is a eau de parfum version im gonna save up for that one as well :-p got to have it again and this time a bigger bottle
great for hot summer nights

vincy_gal

Tried it today. I wasn't crazy about it at first spritz...but now I'm really warming up to it...it's very flowery and delicate. For some reason I'm smelling honeysuckle even tho it's not part of the perfume's makeup.

Day later not only do I still small it, it's even better now. I don't smell any vanilla or woodsy drydown at all..only a beautiful floral fragrance.

meandperfume
meandperfume

I love Champs Elysees its really floral and sweet and very French. I think its perfect for a daytime wedding when you want to make a subtle impression and sparkle.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

This is a very floral, I mean big floral, fragrance. A white floral with huge power, amazing silage and it lasts forever too. I find it very elegant and different, very lady like; however I noticed it has a strong reaction from men, who suddenly turn very sexual around it. Definitely an epitome of femininity. I don't smell fruits in it, but they must be in the sweetness; florals usually on me are cold, and this one is sweet and warm, so warm it warms the skin that wears it and those that smell it too! A definite keeper, I've been using it sparingly for many years now.

Nicole79
Nicole79

LOVE IT !
My first "love " .......

Very beautiful fragrance ***. this was my very first fragrance that i bougth to my self...from my first salary...i was about 21 years old...i loved it so much...very fine and delicate , feminine scent..i had the EDT version.

...I used it till the last drop...but what is weird is that i didn't repurchased another bottle again...but i think it was because i used to say...no..i had this one ...i want to try something else....
Still... i will always love Champs -Elisee.;) and wear again.

Sveta666
Sveta666

Somehow I didn't get it. for me this fragrance is boring, don't know why. When I've tried it- was in love, bought it... and don't inspired anymore. Maybe it's just not for me. My girlfriend has this fragrance, she uses it for a long long time, and always smells so good and elegant. On me - just giving me a headache.

magie
magie

I am not a big fan of fruity florals, but this one I truly like. Lush and creamy it makes a great office scent, very classy I think. The mimose is lovely and and the almond is very gentle and sweet.

felineluvr
felineluvr

I suppose I am in the minority when I say I cannot stand this one. To me it has a very chemical smell, almost like bug spray. Sorry to all you Champs Elysees lovers....no disrespect intended. It is just not me.

guest_PK
guest_PK

My lover gave this to me on our 1st Anniversary. I have never used this before. Perfumes is a very personal thing and giving perfumes is a very risky thing.
Well, my lover took a risk and I love it. He thought this perfume suits me - sophisticated is what he says.
I love its subtle fragrance and a little spray lasts the whole day! mmmm

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

When I smelled this, these words popped into my head:

La jeune belle se réveille, il y ont toujours des fleurs.

This is the fragrance I imagine a modern princess would wear. Mimosa and sparkling peach stand out in this ode to the poetic joys of women and flowers.

luda84
luda84

Magnificent, wonderful parfumes fot all times, seasons, occasions!
Once in winter I sampled them in the shop: firstly I didn't like so much the scent, but it remained on the fur of my coat, and I fell in love with it once and for always. Decided to buy it for winter,but after winter I continued to use them in spring and finished in summer. With this parfume I imagine myself in the heart of France, walking by the Paris streets... Hope, once I'll really visit this romantic , fashionable, legendary city!
Now I've bought new bottle 100 ml EDT - they'll always be with me !

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

I really wanted to like this one, and was looking forward to trying it. Sampled it yesterday at noon and it remained overbeariingly strong well into the evening, finally dying down at night. Not a fragrance that sits well with my chemistry: lily-of-the-valley and vanilla were particularly strong on me.

guest_emma
guest_emma

Altough Samsara remains my all time favorite, I enjoy Champs Elysees for summer every day . It is fresh and delicious, chic and distinctive , exuberant and romantic. I love it !

maen
maen

It´s an important Guerlain perfume, feminine, classic, elegant. You don´t find much people wearing it. So, this will make you unique.

Wim Janssens
Wim Janssens

Champs-Elysées is a very floral and "make you feel happy" creation. I even wear it, as a man, because I do not make any difference between male of female fragrances. It is a great Guerlain creation bt Jean-Paul Guerlain, what I always wear in eau de parfum, because the fragrance needs to develop. It is a very intimate, elegant, comfortable and timeless bouquet. Imaging yourself, walking around in Paris, feeling happy and free, and enjoying all the moments you have there. That is this creation. A personal but expressive scent. You can wear it when you want, where you want, it doesn't matter. Feel free, that is what Champs-Elysées is intented for!

Dardona
Dardona

I have a bottle of the edp and the more I wear it the more I love it! Beautiful delicious. never gets boring or cloying. Just feminine, romantic, ladylike. I'm not a huge fan of sweet perfumes,but this is just heavenly. Like another person said "angelic". The edp lasts forever, morning til bedtime for me, and like with most, you need to apply this sparingly, or else it will become too sweet and strong.

I find it hard to resist this beautiful, classic fragrance.

When I first smelt Champs Elysees, my immediate thoughts were pear. A juicy, ripe, delicious pear.

Although pear isn't listed as one of the notes, it could be the combination of peach and melon that gives it this quality.

I love that Champs Elysees reminds me of home-made fruit salad, glorious Spring days and the immense feeling of happiness.

When the pear note subsides I am left with a gorgeous blend of rose, mimose and hibiscus. Hidden amongst the floral notes I also sense a subtle hint of sparkling white wine, which makes this scent even more addictive.

Champs Elysees is like sunshine in a bottle to me, and is quickly becoming one of my favourites. The lasting power is amazing, lasts the whole day, and seems to have the versatility to suit any age group. I was ashamed to think that I once assumed this was a fragrance for mature women. I'm glad Champs Elysees has proved me wrong.

I'm urging anyone of any age to test this perfume. I'd be surprised if anyone truly disliked it.

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

I wore this quite a few years ago and enjoyed it so much. Just recently I won a bottle of this and I couldn't be happier! Thank you Fragrantica. I'm so happy to have it again. It's so beautiful. Here in this fragrance the lilac is prominent and so true - a beautiful interpretation. I also adore the powdery violet, and the hibiscus that peeks through. It is feminine, french, soft, and gentle. Smells like spring. It's a classic for sure and could easily become a signature for me. The bottle feels divine in the hand!

nesca1502
nesca1502

I'm in love with this perfume, I wanted to buy it for my College Degree ceremony but it wasn't available, however the saleswoman applied it on me from her exhibition sample and I absolutely loved how long lasting it is, this is definitely a perfume to make an impression, the scent even remained on my car for several days.
It is romantic, elegant, classy and feminine, another work of art from Guerlain.

Instant headache and nerves! i don't know why. The scent itself is very feminine, light compared to other Guerlains, a fresh whif of mimose on a sweetish woody base, bright and elegant. I can't simply wear it or even smell it without feeling sick.

Zocha
Zocha

This is one of the most interesting perfumes for me, it's truly feminine, delicate, mysterious. Lasts long giving me this exquisite flowery fruity experience each time I wear it. I bought a few bottles over the past few years, cannot get bored with this extraordinary composition of scents. It is fresh, but miraculously fresh, not just ordinarily fresh. No young/old age limits here. I may try other new fragrances and like them for a while but to this one I always come back like a true lover

simonica
simonica

Champs Elysees is a delightfully fresh, yet non-overpowering fragrance. It is light and airy and brings me back to the sweet, inviting smells like Le Jardin des Tuileries or Le Bois de Boulogne I walked through when I visited Paris last year!
It is light and sexy, and can be worn during the day or for a night out.
I love this perfume and receive many compliments - from friends and from strangers!

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I have the huge 3.4 oz of the EDT. A gift from my boyfriend. I had wanted it for some years, and it can be an airy and delicate scent if you spray lightly. I never push the nozzle all the way down, just half way. I think it's absolutely the mimosa that makes this fragrance. The yellow flower is what makes it "French". It's powdery and overwhelming if you spray too much. This is an all events perfume, I wear it everywhere and any time of year. This is chic, feminine and like Spring. I don't smell this often on other women, so it is a signature for those who love it. I'm sure the EDT and EDP differ greatly. I want to smell the EDP eventually, but this is hard to find. He had to order online, and I'm sure some time from now I will too. Edit- Now that I have had the EDT for some months, the lasting power is incredible. How much more impact can the EDP hold? A mystery, and I must find it....

katyas
katyas

I got three perfumes from a program through where I work - this was the only one I hadn't smelled before, but I thought "no risk, no gain, no chance for pleasant surprises"! And it was a pleasant surprise. The powder-soft lilac and mimosa that opens the scent is just lovely, and as it dries down the floral scent opens further, becomes less powdery and more sharp and clear, roses and other florals coming to the fore. I really love the scent.

guest_babyboo
guest_babyboo

this has been MY perfume ever since It came out in 1996... I've been wearing it for 12 years now. It's like my signature smell. The thing I like the most about it, is that it is not a typical perfume. Although that fact makes it difficult to find in some perfumestores. I've had to order it in the past year because they don't stock it anymore

mellybee
mellybee

This is a jolly joker scent, you can't go wrong with it. I wear it all over the year. As anise is my most hated note I was afraid not to enjoy this perfume but it totally settles into the composition, I can't smell it.

guest_Rebecca
guest_Rebecca

It's beautiful, and so wearable. It's definitely a classic and signature fragrance. The lasting power is amazing, just a small spray of the EDT goes all day. I imagine the EDT and EDP are different.

Gorgeous, light and airy, this has no lasting power at all on my skin in the Edt. Fruited top notes pass away quickly in a mad rush past the florals down to the sweet vanilla base then vanish as if they've never been. Too bad, because it's lovely.

sjanira
sjanira

I think this perfume is delicate but in time. At first it can be a little strong and smell a little off. As it settles on the skin it becomes softer and sweet still maintaining that Guerlain style. I like it, it's very different and feminine.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Champs Elysees is a lovely perfume. It's floral, fruity, slightly creamy and very distinctive. It stands out from so many other perfumes out there which are bland and smell-alikes. It's very feminine and elegant but could be worn by any woman in any age group. It has excellent staying power without being overbearing and can easily be worn at any time, day or night. I can highly recommend this perfume.

blue_bear
blue_bear

Not sure I like it... all I can smell is lilly of the valley and something like wine... I'm not impressed as I expected to be. And it's pretty expensive.

Taliera
Taliera

I usually like florals. But this one... uurgh! The first 5 *seconds* are pleasant, attractive, fruity. Then I feel so nauseous... It's too sweet and ridiculously fruity!

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

if i tried to think of one word for this it would be feminine. it's clean without being cold. i would like to wear this on a summer day off. but i think it is more multipurpose than just a summer day as well.

Migotka

At present I am wearing Verry Irresistible Sensual- it does not seem very strong. I spray it before I leave home, and it lasts pretty long. I got quite a few compliment on it as well. If it was too strong, my boss would certainly made a point, since we are not allowed to use very strong perfume at my workplace.
Othersiwe- Femme might be a very good choice. I had it for quite a while, it is a very subtle, floral fragrance. My sister has recently got it for work as well.
Another great one I just thought of would be Omnia Amethyste by Bvlgari.

Dani-G
Dani-G

Gracias, Luciana!
A mi si me gustan fragancias citricas y las de bergamot, pero con tu opinion tan circunstanciada me hiciste mas interesada en probarlo!!
(Sorry, no tengo acentos aqui en la oficina!)

Migotka,
I also wear V.Irresistible in the office but it seems to aggressive and strong (although mild and floral), or am I wrong? Actually, this is the reason for my new search of an office-scent.

Migotka

To Dani-G- I have the same problem. any of the perfumes I have do not suit office, work and university. My absolute fav would be Hugo Boss Femme (very subtle and delicate), Verry Irresistible Givenchy, Cacharel Noa. They are not overpowering, but they create a nice aura around the person who wears them.

Luciana
Luciana

Una vez que pruebes cualquier perfume Guerlain estarás perdida. Yo conoci esta gran marca francesa gracias a una muestra de aqua allegoria que me regalaron con mi compra en una perfumeria. A partir de entonces me anime a probar otras variedades de guerlain para conocer cual era el perfume que mas se ajustaba a mi.

El Champs Elysees es un perfume de gran calidad, de larga duración. Tiene una gran personalidad por lo que se te hara dificil encontrar algo que se le parezca. Nunca vi un perfume imitacion que recordara lo mas minimo a Champs Elysees, y mira que hay imitaciones buenas.

Tiene una base de vainilla, con corazon de mimosa y suaves notas de rosa.
La verdad es que no es un perfume que pueda usarse a diario debido a su sofisticado caracter, por lo menos a mi no me parece que sea el mas adecuado para llevar en la cola del carrefour. Es mas bien un perfume de ocasion, destinado a ayudar a recordar momentos especiales.

Viene presentado en un frasco muy clasico, de lineas rectas, y por supuesto con el sello de guerlain.
El precio es un poco alto, pero como comentaba en otra opinion sobre otro perfume, lo bueno se paga. No se puede comparar la perdurabilidad de este perfume con la de uno barato por muy bien que huela.
Las que están puramente interesadas en las fragancias cítricas o en las orientales no van a encontrar en este excelente perfume de Guerlain LA COLONIA DE SUS VIDAS, sin embargo yo pienso que incluso ellas se sentirán contentas de variar sus perfumes habituales para usarla alguna mañana soleada de primavera.

ANTIPARFUM
ANTIPARFUM

I try this fragrance today and I was very surprise by the freshness of this perfume. It's perfect for a good daily time, very light, airy and sweet. This fragrance smell young, happiness, joyfulness. This is the perfume of great day and it introduce poeple in a playful disposition.

Malegria
Malegria

For me it is an autumn fragrance - it is so optimistic and joyful! I like to wear it in the first cold days, when the air is cold and crispy and the smell of fallen leaves is around.Somehow it works very well with this perfume - autumn and Champs Elysees coexist perfectly together!For me it smells like ripe, juicy pears, yellow with pink bellies.So fruity and sweet, and has a gift to bring out happy memories...

Jasper
Jasper

I always have Champs-Elysees on my dresser. It was the first perfume I bought the second bottle. Now I'm using the fourth! Love the warm sweetness of it. The scent is well blended. Nothing sharp, heady or overbearing about this divine-harmoneous perfume even on the very hot day. The elegant floral notes envelope me like a magic. Classy but never old. It IS a true love for me.

golden
golden

A truly exquisite and palyfull fragrance.
Reveal the inner beauty in you. With it's unforgettable aroma, Champs-elysees welcomes you into a world of abundance.I have worn this perfume for many a years and i still count this one as one of my no1 scents. With fresh melon and warm rose and almond it represents both class and elegance. I will never tire of this perfume as it is easy to wear yet so classy!
I adore you champs-elysees. You remind me of my time in beautiful paris walking down the champs-elysees, where i discovered you.
I will always hold you in my heart. Forever.

Moszatka
Moszatka

Very elegant floral fragrance! Top quality and delicious smells! Very feminine and clear fragrance! Perfect for theathre, cinema or wedding days! Guerlains are good quality fragrances, but Champs- Elysées is the best floral Guerlain! Classic and modern at the same time. It's great!

PR

strange, the familiar old-fashionedness and floral softeness of this a little nostalgic scent attracts me today so much.
If I hadn't already the whole row of the scents I want, I think I would bought Champs-Elysees on impulse, though I am not in this sort of scents at all, I am puzzled

PR

Couldn't disagree more, it is very memorable smell to me. I tried it once, and it looks like the most distinguished scents from guerlain, so far from those which I tried(have in mind floral and fruity groups). But it doesn't smell new, rather as a scent thatI knew from some time before. It is elegant and somehow innocent, very floral, but tender.For some reason I find it melancholic, but it is my subjective opinion. Can be easily used in summertime or spring too, though it quite universal

BelleBeryl
BelleBeryl

very lovely floral elegant fragrance my favorite I have used 8 bottles so far and going to buy bottle nr 9 next shopping trip

KalteStern
KalteStern

Light, delicate, sweet, floral, cheerful - in other words great for work, as it is not going to annoy anyone, and is the sort of frgrance where people are going to subliminally think you smell nice rather than think 'Ah, Champs Elysees!'. Not a signature fragrance either- so a bit anonymous and inoffensive

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Very characteristic, recognizable floral, subtle smell. Romantic delicate inhabitant of florals and ligh oriental notes. But I do not know can adjust, because neither youthful, neither for mature women, besides - it's some such unreally. But to smell for bottle - super.

Carmel
Carmel

It's my number one also. I try many others and love to try new ones but I always come back to this. Nonstop comments when I wear it and a sense of absolute happiness.

Gwendolyn
Gwendolyn

This is one of my absolute favourites! Guilty pleasure... I saw a review once stating that wearing this fragrance is like wearing a small yellow dress. Well, so what? It makes me feel happy.

klee0206
klee0206

Somehow, this makes me feel positively angelic, like I'm floating on a soft, fluffy white cloud. Very delicate indeed, yet long-lasting.

elgab89
elgab89

Very elegant fragrance. Long lasting. A true Guerlain - classic and chic.

2007

Champs Elysees Eau de Toilette by Guerlain 3.76 out of 5 based on 1669 ratings and 250 user reviews

drugstore.com
Guerlain Champs Elysees Eau De Toilette Spray Refill 93ml 3.1oz
Guerlain Champs Elysees Eau De Toilette Spray Refill 93ml 3.1oz
Guerlain Champs Elysees Eau De Toilette Refillable Spray 93ml 3.1oz
Guerlain Champs Elysees Eau De Toilette Refillable Spray 93ml 3.1oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Champs Elysees Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Champs Elysees Eau de Toilette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Champs Elysees Eau de Toilette by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Champs Elysees Eau de Toilette by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.