Designers » F-H » Leather « Groups

Cuir Beluga Guerlain for women and men
dislike

leather
Cuir Beluga Guerlain for women and men Pictures

For the event of opening of renovated main boutique La Maison Guerlain (The House of Guerlain) at 68 Avenue des Champs-Elysées, Paris, Guerlain launched exclusive line of three perfumes – L 'Art et la Matière (The Art and (raw) Material, a pun after the French expression L'Art et la Manière – the art and manners). Three famous noses were invited to work on the perfumes using the highest quality materials. The perfumes were launched in 2005.

Cuir Beluga is a fragrance of leather, worked on by Olivier Polge. The main notes are of mandarin, immortelle flower, leather, amber, heliotrope and vanilla. It starts with the sweet accord of wild citrus, and ends in creamy vanilla cloud. The leather of Cuir Beluga delicate, velvety and soft, without sharp animalistic notes typical for leather fragrances. Cuir Beluga caresses just like expensive leather woman gloves.

Aldehydes Tangerine

Patchouli Immortelle

Vanilla Amber Suede Heliotrope

Vanille

Cuir Beluga Fragrance Reviews

TeaforTwo
TeaforTwo

I think to appreciate this patisserie in a bottle, one has to disassociate from the title. A cuir it is not, although the clever thing they've done with vanilla and immortelle does create a suede-like effect. The pleasant astringency goes in about half an hour, leaving a skin-melting vanilla which reminds me of choux pastry. it IS the ultimate luxury, but not in the sense the name suggests; it's all bourgeois pleasure, not aristocratic chic. The staying power is phenomenal - it smelled amazing on a scarf of mine for over a week, and a tiny wrist spray survived two (!) showers. Bottle worthy, in my opinion.

nero77
nero77

Quiet perfection.

From beginning to end, this fragrance speaks of luxury. Like white suede chamois gloves or the soft white leather interior of a luxury car, it doesn't get any better than this.

Initially I get a very delicate, sparkling mandarin orange balanced by aldehydes. The soft, vanilla-heliotrope background is joined by the dry, honey-like texture of immortelle flower. Followed by Amber and more vanilla in the dry down.

This is a minimalist composition of only 15 ingredients, this is very different for a Guerlain fragrance (most of which are very rich and complex). I think that whilst this is minimalist, it speaks of quality all the way through.

A beautifully balanced, quiet, sweet and soft fragrance which really lets people know you have taste. In a class of its own, really.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

I must be the only person on the fragrance planet who does not think of Guerlain as the perfume nirvana, however Cuir Beluga is a whole new different ball game for me.
Utterly beautiful, ambery, powdery, vanilla, sweet, heavenly scent. This perfume is the scent of angels, of that I'm convinced. I get a faint, almost not there at all, leathery accord and I would say that the aroma that this perfume produces around me, is actually more glorious than the smell on my skin.
I love this perfume because it's easy on the olfactories. One doesn't have to work hard at liking it, (like a lot of Guerlain scents), it's all there from the start. There's nothing pretentious or complicated about this fume, it is just ravishingly stunning.
Silage, longevity, fabulosity, everything = 10/10

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

The opening is elegant, aerial and captivating, with a mellow, silky, sumptuous and super soft suede note sided with a subtle aromatic woods note, in a rich, dusty cloud of vanilla and talcum, blended with a floral-spicy heart (saffron, cumin?). If you inspire with more strength you detect a dry, dark far base, which may be the "below side" of suede, with anise notes and a bitter, crunchy, subtle herbal feel. Quite a deep scent, with a strong "dimensionality", rounded by a "Guerlinade" of aldehydic vanillin-orris. Also I agree with the references to Shalimar, this smells quite like a "futuristic" tribute. As minutes pass the green-suede accord emerges better, with a bittersweet, almost animalic feel dusted with a talcum-vanilla powder – unpredictable, but really elegant and quite sensual too, also because of a slight salty "skin" note. To sum up: a powdery suede-vanilla accord with spices and a slight metallic feel, developed in a translucent, aerial, deep, cozy richness, with a peculiar personality which i am not able to describe – just try it. Not a gourmand, though; it's all quite breezy and ethereal, don't expect any "thickness". Big promises which however, sadly, are then partially disappointed: in fact, after a while it just starts to "fall apart", many notes vanish one after another, like in a dream just before waking up, when "stuff" around you starts to disappear (actually it never happened to me as far as I remember, but in movies it happens often). And you end up with a generic, still nice but a bit "pointless" drydown of vanilla on a subtle metallic-suede base. Actually more than losing notes, it loses in depth and width. The drydown, however, lasts for ages and it's not bad. An interesting fragrance which for me, is worth a try. I tested the old version (darker juice), I am given to understand the more recent one is lighter and more delicate.

6,5-7/10

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

This opens with a gorgeous creamy vanilla coupled with a leather suede note. Within this are hints of the citrus mandarin note and I must say this is lovely.

As time passes a amber note gives the vanilla that extra full body sweetness but never overwhelms. Also within this beautiful composition floral notes can be detected. Giving the fragrance a extra layer of complexity.

To sum up a exquisite enigmatic amber vanilla fragrance that has hidden facets of leather and florals just waiting to be explored.

seekritdude
seekritdude

For me honestly I feel at least for now this is the safest bet from this line. Theres nothing offensive about this at all. Its just a nice pleasent smell. But for what this costs.... Although it doesnt smell the same, it gives me the same vibe as YSL la nuit de l'homme. It makes me think of being out doors and nice smelling creamy gardenish vibe. But I got tired while wearing this, after the intial blast it was basically the same thing throughout for me. Its a little powdery, its a litle sweet. But man... almost $300 dollars? Again for me personally I dont think I would even pay for a decant of it. Nice smell dont get me wrong, but theres way to many other less expensive scents that would do the same thing for me personally. For what its worth longevity and projection off hand are less than the more talked about SDV, and tonka imperiale from the line as well that ive noticed.

Because theres no novelty factor, and the smell is just nice and not great. I think this is not worth it for the average joe. This for me is deffintly more for a collector or the more well off.

julieekerr
julieekerr

just love it. did not think i would like the leather but it is so soft and powdery. The vanilla amber mix has been blended to created a very high end fragrance. It is on my wish list

Jenge
Jenge

ashandasphodel was spot on in their review saying that Cuir Beluga was the perfect balance between Shalimar and L'Heure Bleu! That is a great reference point to what this smells like!

I immediately get a warm, powdery vanilla/amber at the top that feels like a comforting hug. The powderiness fades a little and heliotrope is at the center. My skin really amps heliotrope to a salty play-doh smell, but it's balanced enough here to not be too annoying. This lasted all day and the very last notes were a mild, sweet, warm patchouli that was lovely.

Overall this was a warm, deep, sweet, recognisably Guerlain scent. I don't desire a fb because of my heliotrope issue, but I do think most Guerlain lovers would find this beautiful.

halalula1234
halalula1234

Love it!
Just wish it had more "Leather" in it,
It was hard for me to notice the leather even though the name saids "Cuir Beluga", how exotic is the name?

glorious1
glorious1

Guerlain lover here.......LOVE this one! This one is a great one! I live in warmer climate in Southwest Florida. Wonder if I should invest in this one. I'm an oriental lover anyway so what do I care? I know this one is great in cooler weather ....any opinions??

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

i finally got my hands on a sample of this, after smelling it at a retailer several months ago. this may be the first guerlain i've tried on my skin in my adult life. it immediately reminds me of some of my mother's perfume that i would try on in the 80s, specifically shalimar. i don't recall how similar they are and i am not an expert on classic perfumes, but it is definitely reminiscent of whatever formulation of shalimar my mother had in the 80s, at least to some degree.

it's all amber and vanilla with a subtle hint of florals and some white suede. it's definitely not a fresh black leather at all. at one point there is also something very SLIGHTLY incensy to me but it disappears. i love the sillage on this-not too light, not too strong, it just envelops you like a warm scarf.

Vesna8888
Vesna8888

Have just tried it yesterday at the airport in transit, could not decide immediately to buy the full bottle (EUR 185 for 75ml), but I loved it tough, very cozy, powdery vanilla, moderate sillage, but excellent longevity, could feel it on my skin even after 12 hours.

ashandasphodel
ashandasphodel

I don't like Shalimar because it's too much vanilla, and I don't like L'heure Bleu because it's too much heliotrope. Cuir Beluga strikes the perfect balance between the two. The vanilla is like simmering a fresh pod in heavy cream and the heliotrope is like catching the scent of a nearby garden on the breeze. The leather is light and sophisticated rather than animalic. The citrus is gone almost immediately. It's a cozy cashmere scent, in the same vein as Bois des Iles (another favorite) though the amber is less pronounced here than in the Chanel.

desdemona7
desdemona7

I absolutely LOVE this fragrance! It is smooth and rich and very "thick" smelling. By that I mean it smells of the highest quality oils and vanilla extracts. It is a cold weather frag, and since I live in Canada, this feels like a warm sweater and lasts for hours. My 5ml decant from Posh Peasant is almost gone so I'm saving up for a full bottle, which I believe is very worth the cost. Absolutely beautiful! Thanks to Guerlain, once again.

henri345que
henri345que

Like Cruel Gardenia, Cuir Beluga seems to use the main note just as an excuse for a luxury smooth fragrance. This line seem to have a powdery secondary theme on most of the fragrances, and on Cuir Beluga this is showed by a vanillic sweet flower aroma that only shows a hint of leather sometimes; it`s not your classic, dry leather, it`s more of a suede accord that stays on the background of the sweet flowers and powdery ambered vanilla. Cuir Beluga, in some aspects, seems to be a homage to Shalimar, and it`s a pleasant scent to be worn on a winter day.

suzrwin
suzrwin

I love this pretty scent, but it is the quietest of skin scents on me. I'd have to douse myself in it to be able to smell it, which is a disappointment. Of course, my experience with the L'Art et la Matiere line is that spraying really is the best course, while my Cuir Beluga sample is a dab on. So, I'll give it another go and order a sample size that can be spritzed.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Integrating the exclusive collection "L'art et la Matière" (art and material) by Guerlain, this fragrance comes to interpret the brightness and the touch of the white leather on the skin.
For those who don't know, "Cuir" means leather and "Beluga" comes from the Russian byeluga, which means white.

It is composed by top notes of mandarin and aldehydes (chemical and synthetic compounds which serve to give strength and shine to perfumes). In the heart, notes of patchouli and Immortelle, or as we call it around here, in Brazil, sempre-vivas (everlasting flower). Finally, at the base, notes of vanilla, amber, heliotrope (some call it vanilla-flower, because of its aroma) and white suede.

But where is the leather? So, the point is: a lot of people forget that suede is a type of leather without the proper treatment, usually extracted from the underside of the skin of sheep, goats, among others. By being more flexible and having opened pores, tends to absorb more liquid. And was this silky and delicate touch that served as the inspiration for this fragrance.

The result is a creamy aroma, in which the mandarin orange is almost imperceptible, being noted, just for an ephemeral moment, when it touches on the skin. Almost immediately, the nuances of vanilla scream, because of the tone that was extracted from the immortelle, which may present a more caramelized aspect as well as a spicy one. Add the creaminess of vanilla pod itself and even more, the scent of heliotrope. We have, then, many nuances of the same genre dancing, in the shape of a smell on the skin. The tone of patchouli used is not the earthy, but the bitter. Now take all this and wrap with a cozy touch of white suede and amber. Can you imagine the creaminess, almost liqueur, in this creation?

I thought the projection a little bit shy, but the lasting is excellent. And in the cold weather, it's perfect!

rlozano
rlozano

I have this scent and its unparalleled, cant nobody tell me nothing!

majestic mammy
majestic mammy

This masterpiece is a creation of true art. To be appreciated. In the scent it is attractive elegant scent. It sillage is modest and true brilliance in this creation.
A beloved scent that was created with compassion and love.
It is a fine fragrance. It has nothing loud about it. A smooth welcoming of pure soft seduction.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Seriously, feel this scent is pleasant overused.
I feel a velvety aurea, comfortable, looks leather with caramel, amber acts that way, blended with a vanillic floral accord, makes a semi powderymark.
I feel in a Rolls Royce in the streets of Monaco, eating a caramel trifle.
Rich, important and compelling for all these aspects, Guerlain as always sensational.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

Alchemist1976 your review was spot on. I agree that this has a wonderful vintage feel and where Shalimar for me is unwearable (Oh the horror!!!), this works. As soon as I sprayed it I immediately thought even if my bottle didn't have a label this is so absolutely recognizable as Guerlain you would know what house created this scent. For me, as with some other Guerlain scents, this one needed 15 minutes to relax a bit. As is typical with Guerlain, this scent is all about powdery vanilla leather. If you love Guerlain and its beloved Shalimar this is sure to move you. I know I always rave about Guerlain (what can I say...I'm a fan) but this scent is blended so beautifully resulting in this rich powdery soft vanilla. Is it FB worthy??? I think only the wearer can answer that question as this will morph differently with each individual. I can say that this is definitely worth a try and one sniff will tell you that Guerlain indeed did not spare any expense!! IMO, I think this would be way to heavy in the warmer months but is sure to please once the weather turns. I also love that they used Helichrysum as one of the notes. Bravo!!! This is very elegant and sophisticated!!

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

This is my Shalimar! It is classic, refined and rich in every sense of the word. A decadent feast of powdery vanilla with the subtle essence of leather in the background. I find myself craving this scent. It is almost intimidating how elegant it is to begin with, but then it softens and becomes a beautiful comforting smell that I liken to someone of distinguished esteem. It smells wealthy without the pretentiousness.

Cuir Beluga definitely has a vintage feel without being musty. In fact, this 'worn in' smell is what draws me in more. There is a familiarity in it that reminds me of my elders in the utmost respectful way...as if they were royalty. (i wish!) The longevity is great, and the projection is good. I always get compliments everytime I wear it! FB list for sure! My wallet is crying! LOL

Roge'
Roge'

@dollastx...I too went to Guerlain in Las Vegas and was recommended to layer the Cuir with the Tonka. The salesperson's name is Jonathan. I didn't take his advice. I like for my fragrance to stand alone and tell it's own story. Cuir Beluga is a hard one for me to judge. On me this is sort of heavy with the amber and vanilla headlining the scent throughout. After a while, this becomes a lighter version of its former self. I actually like this better on other people. My skin wasn't lucky enough to reap the benefits.

kazewayz
kazewayz

Extremely sweet. A vanilla invasion for the nose. Powdery, and floral as well. Don't see my self wearing this alone, maybe mixed. This to me will fit a woman better. Great quality. Projects great, and lasts a good time. Try it.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

Just received this, and boy can I say HIT IT OUT OF THE PARK AGAIN GUERLAIN! I guess whomever puts the notes together for their fragrances has me in mind :) I have Angelique Noir, Coquin Gourmand, Asian Brulant and whole host of the others from Jicky to Shalimar. While some other Guerlain I do get a sharp metallic bite from. When it's a hit, it's a hit! This wears very close to the skin, which for me in no problem, I don't wear perfume for others, but don't want to choke someone either. It lasts about 5 hours on me. I usually hit all the pulse points and also walk through after spraying in the air. This has all the notes mentioned. You can definitely denote that this is high quality. It's so creamy and powdery. Just a very lovely feminine scent and reminds me of my grandmother, so it has an old world smell. I don't get any leather (thank goodness) I like to wear leather but not smell like it. Also, I don't get any salt smell? If you can try it, give it a shot. It's very lovely, good for all year I might add. At least on me.

dollastx
dollastx

I recently went to the Guerlain boutique in Las Vegas during my vacation and purchased Tonka Imperiale. The sales person was very helpful and he actually recommended layering Cuir Beluga and Tonka Imperiale. It was simply amazing!

Axum
Axum

The Guerlain SA at Saks New York (5th Ave), a whippet-thin Argentinian gentleman who favors a theatrical sales approach, pitched Cuir Beluga to me as a warm, sexy skin scent. Although I enjoyed his presentation, I didn't come away convinced.

Cuir Beluga is not a leather perfume; nor is it particularly sexy or exciting. It smells to me of tapioca custard, i.e. a fairly simple, cozy scent. There are plenty of other, far less pricey, cozy fragrances out there.

Of the offerings in this range from Guerlain, I find Tonka Imperiale more interesting.

antfarm
antfarm

I tried Cuir Beluga twice and had different results each time.

The first try gave way to a soft and yummy tapioca pudding, all fluffy and vanillic and rich sitting on top of a smooth bed of white seude. This is probably how it is supposed to smell. If beluga whales smelled this good you'd see me in the arctic circle sniffing their cute little heads.

The second time I tried this, the patchouli and moss overwhelmed the initially gorgeous tapioca pudding-like scent. I detected something that smelled like cinnamon-orange spice and it reminded me of a typical "autumn" fragrance. It was also rather masculine without any of the well-rounded white seude quality of the first try.

Maybe the third time will be a charm?

mwallwork
mwallwork

Cuir Beluga - I was prepared to dislike this scent. First the name references leather (not my favorite note) and Beluga (caviar?). To my surprise and pleasure, I discovered a gem like a warmblooded pearl. It doesn't scream when light (skin warmth) hits it; it gives up its secrets like the sweet orchestrations of a choir.

So, what's with the leather? This is not the leather of dog collars, but rather a heavenly hash of amber, vanilla, touch of salt (caviar?) and a suede so soft it must have been made for contact with an angel's skin.

The vanilla is dusted by the living heliotrope. Glad to know there is a touch of timelessness in the immortelle.

My No's: no tangerine, no patchouli, no lingering aldehydes.
It is just the best of the ambery vanillas and that's no mistake. Viva Guerlain!

Roshap
Roshap

more suede than cuir. more powder, no "beluga" (beluga? seriously? guessing from the name, at first i was half expecting this perfume to smell like womanity, which smells like fig to me, not like caviar). more vanillin than vanilla. guerlain seems to have followed the wisdom of "moderation in all things" here. not too leathery. not overly gourmand. not at all animalic. unfortunately my nose misses the citrus notes completely, but still better than i expected.

careless86
careless86

this fragrance is seductive i love it and i want to buy full bottle 75 ml, great job guerlain

CastoR&Pollux
CastoR&Pollux

Mr. Polge has done a brilliant composition - very baroque - voluminous - grande - deep - soft and dominat. a basso continuo. the perfect juice to embosom mind body and soul over time.

ready for the 2nd flacon soon.

mizz.cindy
mizz.cindy

So I've tried a lot of Guerlain Exclusives at the counter and was very impressed by a few. Cuir Beluga was one of them: a gorgeous and extremely soft leathery vanilla perfume.
I love leather perfumes, that slightly animal and sensual vibe a good leather perfume has, but this is much more soft and in the line of Daim Blond and Cuir de Lancome. Not leather but suede. It's so elegant, and for a vanilla perfume not really gourmand or extremely sweet. Very wearable for many occasions.
Sadly, sillage was very weak on me and therefor I'd think I'd prefer the more daring SDV or the powderpuffy Tonka Imperial over this. But she's really interesting and really something to try if you like understated chique yet comforting scents.

Kchild
Kchild

This has been on my "review" plate for quite awhile. I kept tucking it away for later because description has eluded me. I do believe it's time for an attempt at it at least~

I have wanted to like this more than I do since I got it. It seemed like a good idea at the time! My husband absolutely LOVES it when I wear this....but I always feel like it's not quite me. That no matter what, it's just a bit much.

The "Vanilla Bomb" feels right on to me. This is primarily vanilla and powder. I can smell the suede quite easily too though and I think what makes it feel like a "bomb" is the aldehydes. They are cleverly woven into the fabric of Cuir Beluga. This is an exceptionaly grown up feeling scent. I'm always hearing the words "soft" and "tender" when people are referring to this perfume, but for me that's not the full story. It feels like.....a lot. It's a Grand Dame of a perfume that smells like it's from another era. Very romantic in a retro way on me.

It doesn't carry the heavy Guerlainade of creations past and that's why I am able to wear it, and enjoy it, from time to time. I would not get another bottle of this. I would repurchase Spiriteuse Double Vanille in a heartbeat, but Cuir Beluga and I were not meant for each other. She is beautiful, but a bit too formal on my skin. I could see wearing her to an event, but for everyday? I much prefer the suede of Serge Lutens Daim Blond.....

Atticushero
Atticushero

To me, this is a good vanilla fragrance. I do get a bit of bitter citrus mixed with vanilla in the beginning but that does not last very long. It then turns into a sweet powdery vanilla bomb that is a really good fall/winter scent.

airubgirl
airubgirl

I haven't found a Guerlain that worked with my chemistry, so it was with much trepidation that I opened the vial and sniffed it. I put a dab on my wrist and waited.

On me it opens with quite a bit of the sweet vanilla I'm not so in love with and a bit of tangy citrus which I do quite like, but that fades on me quite quickly and allows the suede and florals to come forward. I'm one of the lucky ones with this frag it seems, because it does develope and I can smell the heliotrope and immortelle flowers. The suede accord, on me anyway, is there from opening to end. It stays quietly in the backround never overwhelming or synthetic, but adding depth and interest to the perfume. The amber nicely rounds out the sweet vanilla so it turns into a soft and sexy fragrance that is spicy and feminine. Very alluring and great for cold weather or those little black dress evenings.

Sillage is great in my opinion. I can and have worn this to the office and not one of my patients or co-workers have complained about it. This is a scent that I can enjoy without feeling like I'm fumigating the room with my perfume. Lasting power is quite good a solid 6-8 hours on my skin, but it does linger on clothes for days if it gets on them. Cuir Beluga is soft not brash.

edit 7-2012: it does have a kind of a weird playdoh scent on me sometimes, so I do have to be careful, but when it mixes right it's just lovely.

sehaman
sehaman

At first, this kinda-expensive-impulse-buy reminded me of Jicky (of course, it is the vanilla, the slight leather, the mandarin, and the amber); and I was struggling to find the situation where I would want to wear this INSTEAD of Jicky...

(I don't wear Shalimar - rose notes make me gag, so Jicky was what got stuck in my mind.)

This scent conjures up an image of a leather-appointed lounge with a glass of sweet vanilla-y cognac in my hand. Amber lighting....amber liquid... winter...everything in a soft glow.The image is a bit masculine, but I am always drawn to unisex scents. Stays close to the skin, so you almost want someone to be close enough to smell your neck.

And there was my answer: Jicky is a heck of a lot more complicated - and you don't need to be touching me to smell it. Cuir Beluga on a woman is a warm sensuality with a bit of an edge.

This winter, I am loving spraying it on my overclothes and scarves. On the fabric, the scent lasts for days. (It stays relatively well on my skin, too. 4-6 hours.)

Kterhark
Kterhark

(previous review replaced)
I am coming back to Cuir Beluga exactly one year after first trying it.

It's still getting the love from me, so my opinion won't be changing.

I think what is interfering with people's enjoyment of CB is the designation 'leather'. At this point I've tried "leathers": Cabochard, Tabac Blonde, Sycomore, etc, and Cuir Beluga is to leather what American idol is to opera. Yes, there are some shared notes, but the tune is vastly different.

Since most people have heard of/or sampled Citizen Queen i will call on that as a comparison. Do you think CQ is a leather? Or would you call it a powdery, soft suede?

What leather can do is give something a little 'crackle', it almost acts like incense here (as it does in CQ, and Sonoma Scent's Tabac aurea)

What I love about Cuir Beluga is that it never gets too sweet, and stays in that resinous realm of earthy goodness. This is my second favorite scent from this line, and one of my favorites from the house of Guerlain.

jazzgoddess
jazzgoddess

One of my Guerlain faves - it smells deliciously warm and seductive on me.

Guerlain CUIR BELUGA is really the Emperor's New Clothes of leather perfumes. How strange that one would want to make a non-leather leather fragrance. After all, no one forces a perfumer to make a leather perfume, so he/she can always choose to create another lightly floral amber vanilla instead, and that is in fact what we have here.

I'm not saying that every leather perfume must approach CABOCHARD, but CUIR BELUGA is much closer to L'Artisan Parfumeur BOIS FARINE! It doesn't make sense strategically, either, I think. When I got out my sample vial of CUIR BELUGA this evening I looked forward with great anticipation to a new leather perfume that would be refined and sophisticated, perhaps something really out of the ordinary (given the price...). What I thought I could certainly count on was something very daring--isn't that the point of leather frags, after all? Leather is an intrinsically eccentric note--the very antithesis of most.

Instead, I find myself wearing a pleasant, but rather nondescript linear scent with a touch of the gourmandise of IRIS GANACHE and ANGELIQUE NOIRE in a floury-amber, not a leathery base! What a disappointment.

yvashche
yvashche

Not very leathery. I really liked the name and imagined a deeply animalistic leather. Instead, it is a very pleasant vanilla-type. Not worth the price.

angel73
angel73

it is not a leather !
but a sweet vanilla perfume, so feminine, but very much expensive ....it is a shame ! beautiful but not indispensable !

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

I must try this ...
you describe an amazing scent
e-bay has it at US $325.00 75ml (tester)

How do I get a hold of this Fragrance!??

Update:
The Perfumed Court
has a 5ml glass spray bottle
for $45.00

F_A
F_A

Cuir beluga smells of camomile tea with a lot of sweet honey in it. I cannot smell leather at all :( On my skin it is almost a linear fragrance and, surprisingly, it does not last at all.

Creamy vanilla and mandarin with subtle floral tones. Edible, with a leather note only at the very end. On somedays, I only get plain sweet vanilla, but it's very nice and not one of the Guerlains that goes nasty on me. (Like Shalimar.)

jeca
jeca

A powdery and woody fragrance, for me, it's reminiscence of the Shalimar base notes, but lighter and calmer.
A very tender scent of creamy white velvet leather.

Cuir Beluga by Guerlain 4.44 out of 5 based on 387 ratings and 46 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Cuir Beluga fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Cuir Beluga, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cuir Beluga by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cuir Beluga by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.