Designers » F-H » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Eau de Cologne du 68 Guerlain for women and men

Eau de Cologne du 68 Guerlain for women and men
dislike

Eau de Cologne du 68 Guerlain for women and men Pictures

Eau de Cologne du 68 by Guerlain is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Eau de Cologne du 68 was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Sophie Labbe. The fragrance features bergamot, citruses, mandarin orange, petitgrain, orange, orange blossom, freesia, frangipani, jasmine, iris, violet leaf, rose, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley, lime (linden) blossom, sage, green notes and rosemary.

Bergamot Citruses Mandarin Orange Petitgrain Orange Orange Blossom Freesia Frangipani Jasmine iris Violet Leaf Rose Ylang-Ylang Lily-of-the-Valley Lime (Linden) Blossom Sage Green Notes Rosemary

Guerlain Le Parfum du 68

Eau de Cologne du 68 Fragrance Reviews

joenick68
joenick68

I just got it today, and is totally out of the ordinary, I would say exclusively for collectors willing to pay the price for it knowing it comes from one of the most prestiged French houses: "Guerlain".
I will keep adding about the experience, so far just one spray to get familiar with it... 8 hrs and still smelling..

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

I must have the wrong skin for this. Almost all I get is vanilla. It almost smells like cocoa butter on me.

rue_de_la_roux
rue_de_la_roux

Although this is labeled as a cologne, with a few spritzes it becomes strong. I wore a few spritzes to gym class thinking it would be light and airy but not this time, the scent literally filled the room. The sage note took on a life of it's own in there! Gym class is held in a medium sized room, it's both men and women, and I could smell myself in every breath I took. Not really a bad thing, but not the thing I was trying to accomplish in class. It was a little embarrassing.

What I like to do with Cologne 68 is, when I change the bed sheets I'll spritz the bare mattress and the new sheet when I make the bed. I do this more than I wear 68 and now, after the gym incident I will probably wear it less than before.

kl99
kl99

Smell like the heads of children.

It is also a bit pastel, wax pencils, like Choc de Cardin.

I like and I don't.

One of those perfumes you really have to be in the mood to wear it. For my taste I mean.

It is surely refined, quite joyfull and original, sandy, dusty, dried petals, dried peel, with some nostalgic sides.

KaseyC
KaseyC

Well, I don't like the opening, which is very sage-y and rosemary but I LOVE the drydown, which is very sexy and mature, the kind of scent that I'd love to smell from a man with high intelligence. To me, this frag is rather masculine.

Here comes some meaningful Guerlain!
It has EdT strenght and it smells so damn good on both women and men. It is a little bit of everything but well blended, so the final result is a very aromatic, warm yet zesty EdT very Guerlain (even if modern) with good base notes. Very wearable for casual but classy outfit and free spirit personalities, it can be also very elegant as a daytime not intoxicating perfume.
It lasts a good 5 hours with moderate sillage. No need to overspray.

ms rochambeau
ms rochambeau

I once had this scent and jwaks and Brettyboy are totally spot on with their reviews about too many notes really amounting to nothing. To me it was the perfect example of how a perfume house can go wrong when it tries too hard to be all things to everybody.

Blutengel
Blutengel

It's like a trip through my Guerlain collection. It's smells like you sprayed Homme, Instant Homme, Heritage, habit Rouge, Shalimar, L'heure Bleue on one spot. it's a formidable mix and changes all day. Compliments to this one

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

Guerlain 68 Cologne
I love to cook. I am known for my chicken sausage gumbo, so much so, that people request it for every birthday, potluck, or family gathering I attend. Since a lot of my friends and family are from New Orleans, it’s a tough crowd to please, and also quite an honor that people say mine is the best they’ve ever tasted. They say you can always tell what people really think if they come back for seconds.

In New Orleans, gumbo is one of those wonderful dishes that’s served in the top 5-star white glove service restaurants all the way down to the family style roadside diners; it’s both comfort food and haute cuisine depending on how you make it. It looks deceptively simple to make because it’s one of those everything-and-the kitchen-sink recipes, but not everyone gets it right because the secret is in HOW it’s made, not what’s in it, plus that extra somethin’-somethin’ magic juju that each cook adds to make it his or her signature dish. The way the ingredients are combined is what makes the difference between a good or bad gumbo, and that, unfortunately, is something you will never find in a cookbook.

When I heard about this Guerlain 68 Cologne with 68 ingredients, I knew I had to try this perfume gumbo. I’ve tried other gumbos before and have not returned for seconds, but this Guerlain is 5-star white glove service AND roadside diner AND second helpings! This perfume is elegant and casual, masculine and feminine. The citrus and light florals makes it familiar, the petitgrain gives it some juju, and the santal anchors it – infact, eachtime I wear it, I get a little different flavor. I love this. I will be wearing this again and again and again. Thank you, Guerlain.

I was wrong in assuming that Eau de Cologne du 68 would be yet another bland, citrus based cologne. With exactly 68 notes in this composition it is far from boring, and its complexity is apparent.

It's the perfect mix of fresh citrus and powdery florals. Iris and orange blossom appear to be the most dominant floral notes, further complimented by a vast array of crisp citrus notes including, lime, orange, mandarin orange and bergamot.

Eau de Cologne du 68 is of course classified as unisex. I am very pleased with how this fragrance wears on my skin, but I would have to admit that it smells somewhat feminine on me. I would like to smell this on a man just to see how the soft floral notes fare on him.

This eau de cologne wears more like an eau de toilette, so you shouldn't have too many issues regarding sillage or longevity. It's also reasonably priced for a Guerlain exclusive, which is always good to know.

I would more than likely wear Eau de Cologne du 68 during Spring or Summer. It's a great go-to scent when you can't think of anything else to wear. Eau de Cologne du 68 is surprisingly distinctive, and is a fragrance of excellent quality. I highly recommend.

Jwaks
Jwaks

One of my first bonafide encounters with Guerlainade aside from testing modern day Shalimar at Macy's. That very naughty animalic, vanillic, slightly powdery and dirty scent forming the base of so many famous Guerlain scents that is always worth mentioning yet rarely is it put into words. I like it. And it's a welcome departure from the incredibly clean and neat 'Americanized' contemporary designer fragrances that clutter department stores shelves and displays. Yet, I find it much more fitting in Shalamir than Cologne 68 which takes you in many, sometimes every, direction all at the same time. Citrus, florals, spice, woods, musk...and I'm bound to go over my character limit for this review. I'll sum up with, more ingredients is not better in cologne 68 and I would appreciate a scent with more focus and direction.

kazewayz
kazewayz

A nice classic scent. Very clean, and neutral. Great for any occasion. It's not loud at all. I can definitely see this for spring weather. The citrus, the aroma, and the floral in this make it a light perfume to wear. Non offensive. Well blended. One of my favorites from the Guerlain house. Try it.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Are there 68 notes in this? I can't smell 68 different notes. What I do smell is a very nice, balanced mix of flowers, citrus, powder and green things. It's claimed to be unisex, and so it is.

When a scent this good veers this close to being feminine it stays acceptably masculine but magically becomes elegant. It is very dressy and nice - like emerging from an unusually classy barbershop.

Well done, Guerlain!

fanny
fanny

A modest beauty, but a beauty it is.

A very characteristic product of Guerlain, still I think it is more interesting to me than any other Guerlain before.
Being an eau de cologne it is not strong and I regret that, but the scent itself is a wonder and a gem.
Soft and fresh this EdC presents itself, with a unique combination of flowers and quite some fruit. No sharpness from citruses, iris or frangipani: a sweet temperance is achieved by linden blossom, jasmin and vanilla. Towards the drydown a subtle herbal concoction of sage and rosemary accompanies this sweetheart home.

I, for one, am very impressed.

puddley
puddley

Absolutely 'Guerlain' style EDT (despite the cologne name it's EDT concentration and lasts a good while).

A bizarre concept, featuring 68 ingredients, many of which are not listed here, including all of the base notes! The notes listed above are deceptive, for although they certainly exist (particularly the Mandarin element), they are not indicative of the development of the scent.

It feels warm, smooth and balsamic, not 'crisp' as so many colognes. The base contains a typical soft Guerlain combination of Iris, Vanilla, Benzoin, Tonka and Sandalwood which alongside other warm and spicy elements, puts me in mind of the classics 'Vol de Nuit' and 'L'Heure Blueu'. Indeed others have mentioned it's feeling of the now mythical 'Guerlinade' which agree with.

Do I like it? I 'sort of like it' at first and then 'absolutely adore it' a few hours into it's journey. The sweetness of the mandarin initially finds me sniffing with a little disappointment, however, the development is truly beautiful as the balsams, woods and spices begin to glimmer through, turning it's initial perkiness into an altogether deeper more sensual experience.

Ultimately, I guess that for a woman in long term love with Caron's Eau de Reglisse, everything is going to be second best!

Jaakiem
Jaakiem

First I smelled Guerlain homme. It was like nothing.

Then I smelled L'Instant de Guerlain pour homme and it was more, more like Guerlain.

After these two I sampled Cologne du 68 and it was the most, most guerlian of them all and then some. Was it over the board? Maybe.

I love the way how different notes twinkles their time before scent falls into wooden murmur. They maybe so many voices in this that the construction fails but does all scents need strict composition?

I don't have yes or no opion about this one yet. I'm still listening those little twinkles.

7,5/10

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Incredibly smooth, powdery citrus and iris with an herbal infusion. As 68 develops, lime and green florals become more apparent but never assault the smoothness of this composition, reminding me a lot of a lemon meringue or key lime pie with a warm earthy crust and thick, high quality natural vanilla bean extract, not the loose, synthetic type.

Then it hits me... Jovan Musk for Men. Wait! Impossible, Guerlain couldn't have made a juice parallel to the cheap, iconic men's grocery store fragrance. Try as I might, I just can't shake the association out of my olfactory memory.

Purely delightful and sensual, masculine and clean. A quality fragrance indeed. Although I can't wear it without my mind wandering to Jovan Musk.

RachelGrigg
RachelGrigg

Sexy, comforting and delicious.

Grottola

There may be 68 or so notes in Cologne du 68, supposedly, but I've learned to stop searching for every single note in a fragrance and just recognize what I truly do smell.

Forget the fragrance labelled "Guerlinade", Cologne du 68 IS the Guerlinade. That classic animalic, herbal-vanilla base featured in so many Guerlain classics (Shalimar, Jicky, L'Heure Bleue, Habit Rouge) is the star here. Although, there's no animalism. Just a smooth herbal vanilla/tonka accord. The herbal character comes from the Bouquet de Provence, several herbs such as sage and thyme with some light citrus and orange blossom sprinkled on top. It wears light but lasts a long time, and sort of straddles the line between 19th century dandy and 21st century gourmand. Also, Cologne du 68 contains a wonderful lily/carnation accord that pairs with the vanilla SO well - almost like smelling the stems of the flowers themselves. In total, I'd say Cologne du 68 lasts a good 6 hours on my (fragrance-devouring) skin.

There's always a highly trusted brand for something. I trust Apple for music players. I trust Celestial Seasonings for my tea. And I leave the vanillas up to Guerlain. Not only is this one of my favorite fragrances, but I think it's the best vanilla fragrance out there. Try Cologne du 68 if you haven't already.

A.M.H.2
A.M.H.2

This is simply a luxurious and classy unisex cologne!
Just like its luxuriously classy perfume house!
Love it!

martin_nemo
martin_nemo

It is very Guerlain. It reminds me of many Guerlain perfumes, - mainly L'Instant (both for men and for women). For me iris and vanilla notes are the most intensive, and it also makes cologne du 68 similar to Dior Homme. Perfect for everyday use, suitable for men and women. It needs cool weather do develop right. The longevity is reasonable for cologne concentration, it stays quite close to the skin, but a small spray after 4-5 hours after the first one will revive the aroma.

Yiorgos
Yiorgos

Elegant and classy.

Grottola

There is a LOT going on in Cologne du 68. It's like a spicy-anisic-woody-vanilla-floral-citrus kinda concoction, that dries down within a few hours to a pleasant, rich vanilla and amber base. I really don't care what's in it anymore, because it just smells plain good and lasts a decent amount of time. It's mainly a tonka-vanilla fragrance, but very light and not overly sweet at all. Also totally unisex, beyond gender.

Good stuff. I'll have to try it again sometime.

Budaqueen
Budaqueen

I am looking for a cologne so tried this: it is NOTHING like a cologne. It is not fresh, not green and not citrusy. However, the smell is not unpleasant but it reminds me of wood polish, the kind of old fashioned wax used to polish antique furniture... So in a way, I am getting the "luxury" from this smell, but not the cologne!

SheShe
SheShe

I usually don't like when there are so many ingredients... results can be bad. But this one isn't. It's a nice fragrance, with a masculine note in the opening but then it becomes unisex. The smell is quite sweet, fruity-green, even woody although I can't see wood added. Not my beloved fragrance, but a nice one.

snails
snails

tested it today...hmmm...very "les nouveau riches"

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

God this is a classic example of pretenious and snobby perfumary. I imagine there are a lot of perfume snobs (you know who you are)who wear this but dont actually like and wear it just for its exclusivity.
I purchased this when i was on my initial perfume adventure as i was intrigued by the list of notes. Its like the olfactory version of those restaurants where its all very classy and the list of things in your dinner run into paragraphs yet know one seems to be enjoying themselves. This has 68 different notes but unfortunately no heart or indeed soul.

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

very powdery and quite strong but a sweet smell all the same.maybe it was the cold i was having but i did have a slight headache wearing this all day.dont intend making it a favourite anytime soon.once in a while,yes and that's it.it does stay on the skin all the day I must admit

elusivek
elusivek

At first I get spice, floral, and powder then the sweetness (honey and amber) smooths the blend beautifully. It progresses to a soft light sweet floral then it rests with the amber honey and a touch of powder.

I don't get woods, I don't get herbs/green, it ends out being almost gourmand on me! It's quite lovely but it ends out too sweet on me.

jubal
jubal

Simply the most beautiful soft oriental fragrance I've found. I've read it is perfect for any occasion and I'd have to agree, this could be worn in any situation and you wouldn't offend only make people want to give you a hug! Definitely unisex, on DH it is more spices and woods, on me more citrus, floral & powdery woods. Good sillage and long lasting, what's not to love about this gem?

Wim Janssens
Wim Janssens

This cologne is designed to wear on its own, NOT like Jason declares... .
For any decent information, please contact Maison Guerlain!

carera
carera

i dont think its citrus its oriental also beatiful

guest_Cologne Du 68
guest_Cologne Du 68

I'm reading this Blog (re: Cologne Du 68) and I see how you're all wrong! This cologne was made to 'illustrate' 68 different products/scents! Designed to make wear quick. DESIGNED to be a base for other Guerlain products!

Cologne Du 68 comes in a massive 'splash' bottle,(A shampoo-like bottle), so one might 'splash', and to spray other scents' on top. Notice if you 'splash' Du 68 and then add/'spray' Du Coque or Imperial. Fantastic, no!?

Furthermore, add Derby as a base to anything and there you have your own fragrance. Brilliant, really.

Any other questions you might want to ask, don't hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

Jason D. Smith
111 Pierce Avenue, N.
Lancaster, Ohio 43130

lilkcceleb
lilkcceleb

As It Dries Down On My Skin, It Smells Like Dior Homme Which Is A Plus Because Thats My Favorite. It Contains 68 Notes, Hence The Name :)

ktv0926
ktv0926

Cologne du 68 is a very pleasant outdoorsy kind of scent. It makes you feel relaxed, calm and peaceful. Perfect for everyday use.

Garfield
Garfield

It's a warm, very rich and quite particular fragrance, completely different from 'usual commercials'.

solocha
solocha

It is a unisex, maybe rather masculine, but pretty enough for women. It smells very nice, I cannot recognise notes, just remember some citrus in the beginning and a feeling that it is a very well-balanced fragrance.

Eau de Cologne du 68 by Guerlain 4.14 out of 5 based on 198 ratings and 37 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Eau de Cologne du 68 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Eau de Cologne du 68, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Cologne du 68 by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Cologne du 68 by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.