Designers » F-H » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Eau de Cologne du Coq Guerlain for men

Eau de Cologne du Coq Guerlain for men
dislike

Eau de Cologne du Coq Guerlain for men Pictures Eau de Cologne du Coq Guerlain for men Pictures

Eau de Cologne du Coq by Guerlain is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for men. Eau de Cologne du Coq was launched in 1894. The nose behind this fragrance is Aime Guerlain. Top notes are orange, citruses, neroli, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are patchouli, lavender and jasmine; base notes are sandalwood and oakmoss.

Orange Citruses Neroli Bergamot Lemon

Patchouli Lavender Jasmine

Sandalwood Oakmoss

Eau de Cologne du Coq Fragrance Reviews

Redbeard
Redbeard

This EdC is pretty fizzy, with a lot of the type of sappy lemon that doesn't stand up and rub its peel in your face. It goes through a minute or so of surprising weakness right at the beginning, maybe while the alcohol initially covers some of the notes, so be prepared for this. Even after this phase, I thought I hadn't sprayed enough, so I did some more and I now realize that the stuff is just inherently weak, even for an EdC. I like the sharp intensity and brightness of what little scent it provides, but I've encountered plenty of stronger EdCs with beautifully appealing scents. In the end, you're left with nothing. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, and conclude that the weakness stems from their using all natural ingredients, but I could just go buy a $5 bottle of 4711 instead. (Already did!)

Miss LaCreevy
Miss LaCreevy

A refreshing lavender/citrus/neroli cologne. has lots of distinction and character, a cologne for an elegant gentleman, or for a woman.

Housebliss
Housebliss

I absolutely do not like this. It opens exactly like Portofino by Dior; lemon candy. To my horror, Coq also has a urinous note.

I went looking for Eau de Cologne du Coq, and that is what I found. Apt name for this cologne by the way.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I think I prefer Guerlain's L'Eau de Cologne Imperiale somewhat better, but that's probably because I'm attracted to the whole product (the bee bottle, the Napoleonic connection, the 1860 historicity of it) rather than by a purely olfactory preference. But this is also quite nice. A classic cologne.

Fact is, I'm not a big fan of the cologne genre. They all disappear within an hour or so leaving me to wonder, "What's the point?" My wife says, "Just smear yourself with a cut lemon."

But that being said, yes, this is another winner from Guerlain and yes, this is a noble scent.

anthonyrj
anthonyrj

I'll have to be the voice of dissent here. I have a 3.4 oz bottle of the stuff that's about 80% full, so I've given this fragrance an honest go and I do not like it...a bit. It's a strange thing too, because I really appreciate neroli in fragrances (Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino being my favorite). There is something in this fragrance, however, that smells old (not like an old person, but like the juice itself is old) - this fragrance actually smells like it was made in 1894. I think Luca Turin was right...that dollop of Jicky just ruins this fragrance for me. I want a citrus to be fresh and joyous, but something in this one just holds it down. Anyway, if any of you lovers of Eau du Coq want to add a bottle to your collection I have one you can take off of my hands.

Med-Perfumes
Med-Perfumes

MAGNIFIQUE

audoire
audoire

This was created for the French actor Benoît-Constant Coquelin (23 January 1841 – 27 January 1909), hence the name.

Grottola
Grottola

Eau du Coq (interesting name) is an AWESOME classic eau. It takes the classic formula (think 4711 or Chanel Eau de Cologne) and gives a more herbal, peppery character, but the citrus and big fat neroli are still right there. It dries down to a a nice mossy/woody base that stays close to the skin.

I actually really like this Eaux, because it lasts a few hours on me before finally dissipating. Although, it doesn't beat Eau de Guerlain in my book.

Luca Turin calls Eau du Coq, "A good cologne with a drop of Jicky in it". I don't smell anything animalic (perhaps a very slight piss note), and I don't smell any lavender or vanilla. Anyway, if you like Eau du Coq, buy a couple bottles and douse yourself in it because that's what they're meant for :)

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

This is classy, refined and IMO, the perfect men's scent, but I wear it myself and I'm a woman, it has to be reclassified as unisex. It's simple and stunning. Another Guerlain winner.

Greggbell
Greggbell

I tried this, and it is one of the very few fragrance that work fantastic with my skin. This is more of a woody aromatic fragrance on my skin, which is what I like.

knit_at_nite
knit_at_nite

Agree 1K % that this is an eminently UNISEX fragrance- super refreshing. Hard to believe it was created over a hundred years ago, it is so very TIMELESS.

playpause
playpause

Very fresh, yet discreet and deep. Manly and delicate.

jeca
jeca

How noble scent it is! Aromatic green citrus notes, with chypre sharpness, very comfortable and not so retro at all, for those who loves citrus fragrances.

Eau de Cologne du Coq by Guerlain 4.06 out of 5 based on 86 ratings and 13 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Eau de Cologne du Coq fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Eau de Cologne du Coq, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Cologne du Coq by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Cologne du Coq by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.