Designers » F-H » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Eau de Guerlain Guerlain for women and men

Eau de Guerlain Guerlain for women and men
dislike

Eau de Guerlain by Guerlain is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Eau de Guerlain was launched in 1974. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Paul Guerlain. Top notes are fruity notes, basil, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are caraway, carnation, sandalwood, patchouli, lavender, jasmine, mint, bergamot and rose; base notes are amber, musk, oakmoss and neroli.

Fruity Notes Basil Bergamot Lemon

Caraway Carnation Sandalwood Patchouli Lavender Jasmine Mint Bergamot Rose

Amber Musk Oakmoss Neroli

Verbenas of Provence

Eau de Guerlain Fragrance Reviews

Nickie
Nickie

On some shopping sites I've found Eau de Guerlain listed under Women's fragrance, but I'd be inclined to either move it to Men's or simply create a new Unisex catagory.

It's undeniably fresh, with an opening burst of lemon and mint. It's during the drydown that deeper notes like oakmoss and lavender come through and, it's here that I think some noses will find it tips towards the masculine.

However, it is most definitely unisex: women will be able to wear it comfortably without raising conservative eyebrows and men will not find it overly feminine.

It lasts well on my skin, but I do need to top up after about 4 hours. Silage is soft, too.

I'd recommend Eau de Guerlain; it's undeniably a classic and, if you like unisex fragrances, it can't fail to score.

Jwaks
Jwaks

Classy, traditional and undeniably beautiful. Eau de Guerlain's enchanting opening offers a soothing mix of pungent citrus peel oils mixed with fresh picked herbal mint and bitter, earthy neroli. Within minutes, those enticing top notes sadly slip away revealing nutty and spicy caraway, smooth mint, a touch of basil, hints of herbal lavender and light animalistic musk. Mint, caraway and musk last long into the lightly woody, floral and mossy dry down. Eau de Guerlain is proof that, 'beauty is fleeting' for if this scent was parfum strength it could be legendary. For now, its single fatal flaw may forever hinder its true potential to be an absolute masterpiece...

Score 7/10

sussex2
sussex2

Warning: over the top review to follow.

I do not want this fragrance to be touched by any other scent. No food smells, dog odour or car fumes can be allowed to interfere with this perfectly balanced blend. It should be smelled, alone, in the cool, still of the night. Not another scent to fracture its gossamer cloud.

When the fleeting and effervescent top notes subside an image is revealed. A perfectly ripened, sweet but sharp citrus fruit . A fully formed image of the whole fruit. Plucked from the tree, washed free of any dirt or dust and left to warm in the summer sun. The gentle, waxy skin is lined with a soft and fluffy white layer of pith. This in turn hides the tangy, sugary citrus juice contained within the plump segments of the fruit. A slightly hazy yet somehow perfect reflection of nature's beauty rendered through perfumery.

Strange to want to smell this, almost living fragrance, in such a furtive and jealous manner; but that's how it must be. A tiny slice of heaven experienced in seclusion.

Oh, did I mention I quite like this one?

Stavro Blofeld
Stavro Blofeld

My favorite citrus cologne. The lemony open has decent duration for an eau de cologne. The drydown is a light blend of soft hay and musk. Both refreshing and comforting.

fazli ikram
fazli ikram

i tried it..i found that i love it...difficult to describe...simple yet attractive...longetivity not that bad....

ligosky
ligosky

After reading a lot about this scent I had to try it. Delightfully citrus going on, but final drydown is so spearmint I feel like I smell like chewing gum! I'll put it away until next summer and see if it seems different then. Quite disappointed. Judith, Detroit

nutbuddies951
nutbuddies951

Just got a new bottle. After 30 seconds, the effect is less than the soap I use. Save your money, unless you want to pay for wearing nothing at all.

RHONORAY
RHONORAY

Has good staying power, fot a citrus.

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

Utterly perfect in every way. This is the very best Eau de Cologne there is. Refreshing, non-linear, strange as hell, and signature-scent worthy. It's a head scratcher and a lovely indulgence at once.

dlane1953
dlane1953

I have a bottle of the vintage formula which is very different from the newer version (I only have to look at the reviews to see this). My nose tells me that the Fragranctica notes for this scent are clearly for the vintage formulation.
This is a very complex frag, a lot going on here for a seemingly light citrus-aromatic. The opening is wonderfully zingy with citrus, and the green herby note of basil adds even more freshness. The middle notes are many; I couldn't pick out all of them, but to my nose these are most noticable; caraway, sandalwood, patchouli, lavender, a touch of jasmine, rose and mint. (Love these pre-formulation frags! They're always so much more interesting.) The drydown, a nice musky, oakmoss based accord, seems to make this scent last longer than most citrus fragrances; longevity was about 4-5 hours on me. It's so refreshing and unique that I don't mind spraying every hour if need be.

A thumbs-up for this formula, it's sensational. A great hot weather daytime scent for men or women. (The floral notes are not in-your-face; they are subtle.)

Grottola
Grottola

Eau de Guerlain is not a classic Eaux in the conventional sense of the term; it doesn't have a citrus/neroli-heavy accord. What makes it shine, however, is the crispest, most delectable lemon verbena accord in all of perfumery. Just straight up honeyed lemon verbena for hours on end. It doesn't last TOO long, but that's okay, because this stuff is a pleasure to reapply.

If you want a lemon verbena fragrance, look no further. Eau de Guerlain is one of the absolute greatest summer fragrances ever made, for men and women.

drummagick
drummagick

This is the first scent with mint that I've actually liked. Not loved enough to buy a bottle, but liked.

Very fresh and clean. A good scent to refresh yourself with in the heat of summer.

It seems very well balanced. I got an immediate burst of citrus then it settled down right away into something that's light and not overpowering in any direction.

madamesinn
madamesinn

This makes me greedy. Clean and greedy.
My mother too - she's always happy to spritz when I offer. Guiltily though, so my partner, the GuerlainPurveyor, has bought her a bottle for her birthday.
Which makes me want more of my own; See?...Greedy.

Sassy1
Sassy1

This is the 2nd Guerlain I've tried with high hopes of the perfect citrus summer scent.

First sniff, wonderful!! More lime than lemon but bright and fresh, done just right. Not face puckering screechy sour but also not candy sweet. Again, perfect.

Unfortunately, this only lasts about 30 seconds. Then comes on a mossy green similar to Cristalle that darkens and flattens the citrus down to a barely discernable smudge.

After this stage I get more spice and the lavendar is prominent. The drydown reminds me alot of Bois de Iles, very gingerbread like.

Even if you use a ton of it, it only shouts for a few short minutes, then whispers for the rest of it's 1-2 hour life.

Skin close and unobtrusive but not the gem I'm looking for.

Yes, this is citrus at its best. Very classic and mannered, fresh in an old-fashioned way, much respectable and elegant but it inevitably reminds me of my grandmother that used to spray it on linen handerchiefs that she was taking out of her purse at any good occasion. Anytime I smell Eau de Guerlain, I see my grandma opening her purse and litterally fill the room with top quality lemon and verbena unwittingly marking my childhood. To me Eau De Gurelain is more the smell of my memory than a body perfume but without a doubt, this is masterpiece.

Rating: 8.5-9/10

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

This scent is very well-mannered . On everyday basis.The lemon dominates and the skin of the lemon, bergamot. The scent is from the family Hermes cologne, sisley champagne... something from these notes only more feminine and fruity. Try :)

Eau de Guerlain by Guerlain 4.36 out of 5 based on 160 ratings and 16 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Eau de Guerlain fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Eau de Guerlain, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Guerlain by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Guerlain by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.