Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

Eau de Shalimar 2009 Guerlain for women

Eau de Shalimar 2009 Guerlain for women
dislike

Eau de Shalimar 2009 Guerlain for women Pictures Eau de Shalimar 2009 Guerlain for women Pictures Eau de Shalimar 2009 Guerlain for women Pictures

Guerlain introduced two variants of their classic fragrance, Shalimar, produced back in 1952, this spring. These are sensual reinterpretations of the original perfume, decorated with elegant flowers and beautiful applications on the flacons. Dark and light Shalimar, fragrances for day and evening, will be available from spring 2009, as EDT and EDP, with opulent, dominant vanilla accords in both editions.

Eau de Shalimar hides in the light flacon and is created of lime and orange, along with luminous bergamot scents. A heart features rose and jasmine, while a base includes a mixture of vanilla and ambergris. The fragrances are available in flacons of 75 ml as limited editions for 2009.

Lime Orange Bergamot

Jasmine Rose

Vanilla Amber

Eau de Shalimar
Shalimar Eau de Parfum 2009

Eau de Shalimar 2009 Fragrance Reviews

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Thank you Rosecat for sending me a vial to try. I, too, got the initial lemon burst and then the burnt rubber, but on me the burnt rubber didn't go away, so it's never going to be a more than a try-out for me I'm afraid. I wonder if the original version from 1952 had the burnt rubber as well? If I came across some vintage I would probably give it another try as the lemon was just lovely.

rosecat
rosecat

I got this today, as i wanted a lemony fragrance, after reading the lovely reviews! First spray it smelt harsh citrus &, burnt rubber/ resin, I got worried! but didnt wash it off thankfully. After 5 mins that initial harshness was gone and now it's a cloud of sweet, snuggly gentle citrus, vanilla, amber and wood with a gentle floral powder background.

Norgirl
Norgirl

Oh sweet heaven :) i just got this in the mail today . what a beautiful treat . i simply love this. so bright, citrus lime whit a touch off sugery sweetnes. a real candy. the vanilla makes this so delicios.. I have heard and read that this is supossed to be the same as the Eau de Shalimar , only limeted bottle . Well .. I disagree. this is much more about sweetness and vanilla, then the eau de shalimar..
and the notes listed are infact different. In Eau de shalimar there is Iris and Resin , This i can not pick up at all in this special edition. i did not care to much about this notes in the original when i ones owned it. But now i nead to get nother bottle off it to find out closly:)
This is a realy soft take on Shalimar . I can feal i tiny hint off the original , but not to much . well it is closer to the edp then edt anyway. I am so so ower the moon happy about this one .
if there is a tiny down fall to this it is a bit weak.. not as strong as the other shalimars . But sprayed on clothes aswell this is a lovely thing for shure

I LOVE IT

smellsogood
smellsogood

A soft, warm, fluffy cloud of vanilla lifted in the opening notes by gentle citrus. Eau de Shalimar is a real comfort scent for me and very easy to wear. In fact, I can't think of anywhere or anytime it would be inappropriate. Winter, summer, day or evening, dressed up or casual. Perfect!

Eyla
Eyla

@ floof,
we have Shalimar Light in our database, it is just under the name Shalimar Legere (legere = light, in italian)

floof
floof

NOTE- THIS IS A REVIEW OF SHALIMAR LIGHT- not the one on this page, but they have no shalimar light page on this site so I thought I would share my experience here.
I am a fan of shalimar, but it is a bit mature on its own. I have fb of shalimar edp and ode vanilla, a small bottle of the pure perfume, and shalimar light. I have read so many positive reviews of shalimar light over the past few years, that the first time I saw it for sale on amazon, it was with a lotion and shower gel, and I didnt really care about any of them but the perfume, but i still bought it. I can honestly say I understand the outrage of the discontinuation of this perfume, it is the best shalimar yet. It is a light version of shalimar without so much powder and is much less sharp than any of the other versions.
The lotion was watery, obviously gone bad. I agree with the reviews that this is the best shalimar, shalimar light.

anaaranha
anaaranha

I love the bottle, it's so pretty! And the smell is so appropriate to hot weather, like in my country, so lemon juice and freshness.

mcelferr
mcelferr

I was given a bottle of this one. Very cute and romantic bottle, by the way.
The smell? Sweet lemon juice and delicate jasmin. Reminds me Jonhson baby powder ...I think I will wear it to go to bed. jJust adorable.

susieqrj
susieqrj

Sweet powdery lemon with "burnt rubber".
A light version of original Shalimar to be worn at daylight.
Weak staying power.

schon dayana
schon dayana

I bought this perfume last saturday. Its a very seductive perfume. I love this perfume so much.Its like drug to ur nose and brain.Five star!!!

cora
cora

That is absolutely divine fragrance! So attractive! The top notes are gently fresh then you might smell a luxurious powderish aroma. The base notes are sweet, but without being agressive, and very intim. Very feminine, making you feel special at any moments of your life! This fragrance has also long lasting power. Without any doubts, creation of this parfime is absolute success of the Guerlain company!Bravo!

Eau de Shalimar 2009 by Guerlain 3.95 out of 5 based on 88 ratings and 11 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Eau de Shalimar 2009 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Eau de Shalimar 2009, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Shalimar 2009 by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Shalimar 2009 by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.