Designers » F-H » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Eau de Shalimar Guerlain for women

Eau de Shalimar Guerlain for women
dislike

Eau de Shalimar Guerlain for women Pictures Eau de Shalimar Guerlain for women Pictures Eau de Shalimar Guerlain for women Pictures Eau de Shalimar Guerlain for women Pictures

Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. Eau de Shalimar was launched in 2008. Top notes are orange, bergamot and lime; middle notes are rose and jasmine; base notes are vanilla, iris and resin.

Orange Bergamot Lime

Emeraude

Eau de Shalimar Fragrance Reviews

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

This is more similar to the original Shalimar than any of the other flankers! The original does not behave well on my skin, I often can't carry fragrances with quite as much complexity - so I find this a great alternative to a classic! Though I'm sure other "die hard, been there since the beginning" Shalimar fans will poo-poo this into oblivion, (because if you take the essence of Shalimar OUT of Shalimar - what are you left with!?) I'm quite a supporter :D.

The opening is rather strong and dry, with a tangy punch; It's thick powder, a hint of leather and resins, and a juicy lime! As it reaches the heart, some of the powder subsides and it is replaced with an elegant, non-gourmand vanilla. This is where the classic peeks it's head through Eau de Shalimar to visit. It's fleeting, though, because almost immediately after, the drydown is all vanilla, all the time. Shalimar vanilla, but just vanilla nonetheless!

This is a perfect rendition of a "lighter", "fresher" Shalimar. My only complaints or criticisms would be the longevity & sillage. It can stand to be a little louder, and last a lot longer.

I'm hoping to use this as a stepping stone to wearing the 'One and only' Shalimar EDP!

LunaTaylor
LunaTaylor

I like the original Shalimar except its just a BIT too smoky for me. In fact people ask if I have been smoking sometimes! I love this one the most because its still got the spirit of Shalimar but shes not quite the boozy flapper, shes slightly naughty debutante. I only like lime and orange citrus notes and the pwoderiness is more delicate. I love this scent!

edwardnr17
edwardnr17

The harshness of Shalimar has been softened, when applying there's quite a sting, but soon after theheartnotes waft of 'powdery' lime. Hours later all that's left is a little vanilla and lots of cozy powder. A real comfort scent.

I tested this one recently after a long time without and was not too impressed. The citrus is tamed and vanilla is weak. It's a pleasant scent, good if you are looking for a very soft version of Shalimar. It is Shalimar indeed. It smells as if they took flowers away and diluted 5 times with water. A nice one, but not if you're looking for a more kicking Shalimar experience.

Pepperflower
Pepperflower

I am not a citrus person, but this really had me by surprise. Of course it would be a Shalimar!What else?! I so enjoyed and was delighted by Eau de Shalimar.

First thing I smell is fresh limes and bergamont that refresh the senses and then they start to undergo a change, they turn sweet. They mix with vanilla and its lemon creme pie from there. Its also warm and a bit exotic im guessing from the resin. I get lots of powder puffed in my face here and there and with time its soon a thick fluffy cloud all around me from the iris and I can smell rose but faintly. I dont smell any orange.

overall: Eating citrus and vanilla creme cake somewhere exotic, warm and fancy while enjoying a nice breeze.

RachelGrigg
RachelGrigg

I don't quite know why but up until now I've been a bit snooty about flankers. Not quite sure why and today that is smashed to bits! I love this. I love shalimar and have worn it on and off since I was a teenager. I'm not generally a fan of girly scents and usually wears guys stuff or unisex, but this is divine. It's creamy lemon posset. It is recognisably shalimar but lighter and with no leather. It's very beautiful and all day I've been surrounded by a delicious waft. I shall never be sniffy about flankers again. Love it.

Vanessa Dunlap
Vanessa Dunlap

My mother just sent me a surprise package with some goodies and she included a bottle of Eau de Shalimar! Out of the blue! There are other Guerlains that I have been focusing on lately and this was such a wonderful surprise. I just want to take a bath in this! I know it is not the same thing as Shalimar (believe me, if I could wear Shalimar, I would) but I am thrilled with this. Nobody knows you like your mother, eh? :) She always does this to me, lol! We butt heads on all sorts of things, and then she swoops in with "I think you will like this" and she is absolutely right! This is enchanting; the burst of sparkling citrus (my nose says "lemon")and then the most delicious vanilla with a touch of powder (which I am guessing is the iris). I don't care if Luca Turin dislikes this one or not! I LOVE this!!! Seriously, it is all I can do to stop from drenching myself with the entire bottle. YUMMMMMMMMM!!! Thanks, Mom!!!

ohrite
ohrite

So sorry to say this was not for me. I get no vanilla or citrus at all, only a huge dose of powder and something lipsticky. The lipsticksmell is actually quite pleasant sometimes but clearly not what I was hoping for. The sillage and longevity are amazing though!

Schnuppernase
Schnuppernase

Smoky, lemony, mysterious and creamy powdery vanilla. Lasts almost as long as the Shalimar EdP...

I bought this so many times and I find the new bottle more beautiful than the old one. Still, the juice is the same - fantastic, oriental blend with that extra crisp shot of lime that makes it more interesting and sparkly compared to the original Shalimar. I am happy that it still does not lack the smokiness of it.

I always come back to it, even bought the big bottle, so I consider this is one of my all-time favorite perfumes. :)

Silkpuppet
Silkpuppet

As a youth, I caught a whiff of this in a Sephora catalog. I recognized that this was a divine scent but I lacked the funds and the volition to procure it. Now I seek out this gorgeous perfume, hoping to snag a bottle of powdery lime perfection. Eau de Shalimar is amazing in that it blends the sophistication of the original with a kiss of citrus for a sparkling, feminine masterpiece. I adore the zestiness of lime but I find that a lot of scents based around that fruit tend to err on the side of lime candy. This perfume has just the right dose of it and keeps it soft and flirty with vanilla and resin. Classic Shalimar is a little too heavy on my skin so this is a godsend.

po
po

I like Eau de Shalimar because it's the modern day grandchild of such a notorious classic and proud of that. Doesn't care or pretend to be fashionanle but doesn't feel out of place either.

At first I wasn't a fan of the lime explosion in the opening but even so I couldn't help but admiring how (photo)realistic it smells. Feels almost like an old school citrus cologne but you can already tell there is a powdery undertone. At this point it's bright, zesty, almost moist and reminded my friend of opening her grandmother's drawers. Aha.

The top notes endure unusually long but soften gradually and the drydown is all about soft resinous, powdery, cool, semi-sweet vanilla.

Now I have to buy a white lace sundress to match the scent.

zzMaja
zzMaja

A lighter, gentler version of the classic, sultry Shalimar Eau de Parfum. A great sophisticated, and yet, sensuous scent that can be worn any time of day or in the evening for that matter. Also suitable for any time of the year.

missy.stratimirovic
missy.stratimirovic

Shalimar for beginners and pre-intermediate students. Best on those days when the real thing seems too much but you still want to walk around in a cloud of retro vanilla.
ps. Anybody who doesn't like this should try it on a hot July evening. It is such a sensual little masterpiece as it blooms on the warm summer skin.

Adiro
Adiro

Ha, this is the old criminal under a new identity. and with a facelift, yes!
Whereas the old Shalimar is fine old cognac, this one is a sparkling lemonade with a shot of old cognac . It starts fresh and sweet with a big dose of lemon lime, but the old Shalimar base is there from the begining til end, a bit refreshed, a bit less leathery and animalic, but there and easy to identify. It is a perfect representation of a flanker, the original fragrance with a twist!
That being said, I love it! It is very easy to wear, and easy to love! It lasts well and projects great, and it smells just like a Guerlain should: complex, elegant, classy and a bit old style.

WhiteFlowerGirl
WhiteFlowerGirl

Wonderful.

Shalimar with a big dash of lemon.

Lovely from start to finish and I found it lasted a good 5+ hours.

Can imagine wearing year round, with emphasis on spring and summer months.

HALEY-SUE
HALEY-SUE

It's funny when I look at the top notes, I don't really pick out any of them. It is a nice fragrance though. I'm partial to jasmine, so that is what projects to me. There are days when I just love this, while it's never been a signature for me.
I love the powdery aspect to it.
Gives it a feminine smell without being too flowery. The citrus up front makes it special.
The vanilla dry down is a little bit of a let down but it is not extremely intense, thank goodness!
I liked the original Shalimar years ago, but find It too 'in-your-face' nowadays. This one keeps some of the scent but makes it more palatable.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

I've never been much of a Shalimar girl, but I like this version. It smells like a vodka and tonic with lime and a hint of a woman's powdered skin. There's a sharpness to the opening I'm not sure if I want to wait out every time I wear it in all honesty, so I probably wouldn't buy a bottle for full price, but if it shows up on a discount rack at some point I'll probably snag it. Interesting for sure! Sillage/longevity leave a lot to be desired though.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

"Eau" is right. This is very watered down for a Shalimar. Nice, but too tame for me.

Update: I completely changed my mind. I'm definitely feeling it now. It's much lighter than the original, but still has that distinct shalimar powdery vanilla, with a very recognizable lemon note to top it. It's very simple in that respect, but that's its beauty: a shalimar you can wear during summer, when you don't need any of those smoky, leathery oriental shenanigans.

Arrogant_Cat
Arrogant_Cat

What a beauty Eau de Shalimar is!
For the record, even though I have great respect for it, I firmly dislike the original Shalimar due to it`s heavy dose of civet and vintage-animalic qualities and don`t care much for Shalimar Initial.

I feel like Eau de Shalimar is a whole different story.
As many reviewers have said there`s no trace of civet in this composition. I can`t stand civet in my perfumes so I`m happy with this flanker.

The initial blast of lime is "cologne style" sharp and refreshing, the vanilla is deep, rich and creamy, there is a touch of iris for the soft powdery effect and prominent resins to give it a classic vibe.

It has excellent longevity for an Edt and pleasant sillage. Even though this fragrance is an "Eau" it`s still powerful enough for all seasons, in fact it`s cold winter at the moment and I`m happily wearing my Eau de Shalimar, my scarf and coat smell of beautiful citruses and powdery vanilla. I`m delighted that I have finally found my kind of Shalimar.

Jola 72
Jola 72

Gave it to my 17 years daugther She loves it a lot and it smells amazing on her I am more into heavier oriental scents,maybe I will order Shalimar edc to me Love this scent and want to have one...

xrayer
xrayer

Thanks again to Miss Mills I was able to sample this beauty. Opens with fresh zingy lime then melts away to gorgeous lemony-vanilla. It lasts all day and while others think there is nothing of the original shalimar I do actually detect the leather note of shalimar albeit faintly. It is truly beautiful, another Guerlain to add to my love list and also to my have list!

christianne1
christianne1

Lemony goodness....but this is nothing, I mean NOTHING like the original Shalimar. No leather, no civet or any type of animalic notes and no smoke. I honestly can not find a single connection other than the lemon and vanilla and even those are different. So different that it is amazing they share the same name. I happen to love lemon, particularly in the spring and summer...and this is a delightful lemony vanilla concoction. Safe, fresh and clean, the polar opposite of Shalimar. I think this will be great to layer with Shalimar EDP sometimes to soften the leather bite just a tad and sweeten it up just a bit. (EDIT: I sprayed a light mist over Shalimar EDP and they blend perfectly and it is an incredible combo!)

If you are expecting Eau de Shalimar to be similar to Shalimar EDT or something on that order, you will be really disappointed because it truly is entirely different. Eau de Shalimar is its own scent so if you are blind buying please take this into consideration. This is a light, lemony, vanilla fragrance that mainly just shares the Shalimar name and similar bottle shape but that is about it. But it is a nice fragrance nonetheless and it layers superbly with classic Shalimar.

mizz.cindy
mizz.cindy

I love my Shalimar parfum extrait, but on some days it's just too much. That is where Eau de Shalimar comes in.
She's such a happy and joyful version of the Grande Dame, with her sunny lemons and smooth vanilla base, a hint of dirty leather to make her interesting.. and don't forget the exquisite Guerlinade!
Very easy to wear, but definitely not average.
Pure love and happiness in a bottle.

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

I'm completely infatuated with this scent! It's unlike the original Shalimar in every way (which I appreciate personally). The notes sum it up. Citrusy bergamot and lime in the top, then it transitions into a beautiful soft, powdery vanilla. It brings to mind a couple other great perfumes that I love, but isn't necessarily a replica of anything I've experienced. It's fairly linear, except the citrus really calms down after about ten minutes right before just barely entering gourmand territory. It's one that I'm so glad to have heard about and will be keeping a bottle very close by at all times.

Germany
Germany

Just tested this again today, I have been for some time and I think I will get it finally.
It's such a classic warm vanilla scent. I love the softness of this one. It's elegant and lays on your skin like a blanket of vanilla powder. The iris I believe gives it the powder note and the resin and vanilla ground it and make it so very yummy.
The top notes are citrus, lime I believe, which gives this a fresh young twist. The top notes are gone quickly and you are left with a soft powdery vanilla scent. Nicely done and it smells natural....it smells alot like success by Bond with additional citrus and lime.
,it has that chanel 5 vibe. And that old school , classy smell, loving this one.Gorgeous !!!!

courant
courant

Shalimar Cake (with recipe)
"Let them eat cake" The utterance is attributed to Marie Antoinette upon hearing that the peasants were rioting due to the scarcity of bread. Let's attribute it, equally falsely, to Jean Paul Guerlain. Boil a lb of sultanas for five minutes, strain off water and allow half a pound of chopped butter and three quarter pound of sugar to melt in the hot fruit. Let it cool to tepid. Add 1 tsp each of almond essence, your best Madagascar vanilla essence and lemon essence and a pinch of salt. Breathe in the perfume of Eau de Shalimar. Yes, it's the batter. Add three well beaten large eggs together with three quarter lb of standard flour and a tsp of Baking Powder. Lift your perfume bottle high in the air and spritz it three times( assuming there are no babies present) Bake in two loaf tins or one large extendable one in a moderate oven for 1 and a half hours. When cold serve with Earl Grey tea wheeled into an elegant salon similar to the one I saw Jean Paul interviewed in when the BBC screened their Perfume Series. You and the cake will be as one, better than sex, better than perfume alone

Juma
Juma

The main thought after receiving and testing this beauty was: is this the end of my looking for a hollly gral!? Is this the end? I don't like Shalimar EDP- too animalic and dusty to me and even suffocating and I love EDT as lemony vanilla beauty.
But this one is even more georgeus: it's got powderness, citrus freshness and vanilla, so beautiful blended together.
Am I the only one who is putting this beauty along to Chanel Eau de Premiere, which I adore, in same category? Does anyone finds similarities too?

Melfrangrance
Melfrangrance

This smells awful on me, very sweet and musty. My skin is olive colouring and is oily.

rose_selavie
rose_selavie

I wouldn`t call it an oriental-vanilla fragrance, it is more a citric scent with hints of vanilla. More precisely, imagine the clasic Shalimar with it`s citrusy fresh opening from bergamote and lemon but withought it`s strong oriental base notes, only keeping the powdery vanilla. Therefore, Eau de Shalimar is a sort of light version for someone who doesn`t need or like at all notes like rasins, incense, leather and civet, that give that particular bold character to the great classic. But still, even if Eau de Shalimar is just a sketch of the legendary Shalimar, it`s still a great, intense and absolutely charming scent. I hope it will remain in production, it is one of my favorite scents for summer.

ForrealMe2

Update:Well i got the shipment in with the older original bottles of EDS and it looks like in the older bottle the vanilla is a bit stronger and emphasized while in the newer bottle the lime is more emphasized with the vanilla..there is not much of a difference you will be happy with either one..i will test them out to see if one holds on longer than the other..it seems for me personally i like the newer version better because i like the added emphasis of the lime with the vanilla creamy smoothness but if you want less of the lime and more of the vanilla i would say go to the older original bottle...the lime is a bit more zesty and refreshing in the newer bottle..i think i will use up my new bottles of the older versions first and just continue to buy the newer versions..this has become such a staple for me..somebody help is there something better than this? lol i can't get enough of this stuff..the older bottles have a nice cute shape..but i like the look of the newer ones better..as a collector i am very happy with this purchase :) hope this helps some one better decide in picking this fragrance..

ForrealMe2

Yup i keep going back to this scent more and more and realized i may have to buy back up because i love it so much..i haven't been feeling that pull for any of my other fragrances except this one the most so i just ordered me some more of this stuff as a gift for myself cause i love it so much..i love really sweet gourmand scents that are strong and loud and this competes against my la vie est belle which is a really strong and long lasting scent,not for everyone,but really worth the price cause it lasts forever compared to much of what is out there and i mean that..the price is reasonable compared to $200 and up for some other brands i have that don't even last as much sadly to say..But sometimes the comfort of a scent can really out weight the requirements you usually desire in wanting a top scent at a good price...this scent is one of those scents..it is actually refreshing and comforting at the same time and the price is really decent online for a Guerlain..so most who don't like loud gourmand frangrances will generally love this because it is so inviting. It is citrus with vanilla..but its more lime than lemon with a vanilla creme powerdery smoothness..not sharp at all and very well done. The blend is very balanced..I will always have this and i may even collect other versions of this like the 2009 version that doesn't have iris or resin in it that i am curious of trying..even my whole family loves this scent the more i use it..my husband and my daughter compliment me when i wear this and i like that that they can enjoy it too..i just really wished they would make it in 3.4oz's for those who really like it instead of only 2.5 to 3.0oz's..but either way i will gladly buy this..you can wear this in any setting it is very versatile-day and evening,work or home and any season,summer,spring,fall,winter because it is lighter to wear yet the scent is amazing and still strong..i see it more preferable for spring and summer but you can pull this off any other season easily..i don't know if there is anything else like it as i am on the search to find similar scents when i come across them..you will definately get compliments on this one..well worth the purchase..i would encourage anyone who may not be use to the leather in the original Shalimar as i was to try this,you won't regret it.

miss mills
miss mills

I just received this, literally two minutes ago, how I looove that Courier van arriving!! First spray - one to each wrist, two to neck. I am going to just write as I smelt it before I looked up the notes to amend what I was indeed smelling!

Torrential blast of fresh lemon, gives way to bergamot and vanilla mingled with warm, noticeable but not overpowering orange. The nicest strength of orange added to a fragrance I smelt in a while, usually I find it a little too sickly in high concentrations (apart from maybe D &G's Sicily, I think it's in there and seriously yummy).

Gentle, and I do mean a gentle aroma of rose and jasmine enter the scene, to the point where I doubted my nose and confused these two flowers with something akin to carnation but a flower which I did not yet know. Powdery but not too much so (not a fan of the power powder). Next comes a headier wave of vanilla, warmed with resin, which I mistook for amber - and iris which I do not yet know enough about to single out and recognise. (But hey, any purple flower will get my vote - immature I know but hell, I love purple).

Reading the notes I realise that was LIME! Not lemon. Booyah! I love a lime but wow, how did I not pick that?

I'll wait for the two plus hour drydown to see if it really does remind me strongly of Shalimar but for now, it is the daytime, light, lemony (yes, still not getting lime) vanilla, warmly, lightly floral blend that I am going to wear over and over again. This is work friendly, save Shalimar, the holy grail for evenings, I say. Or COLD wintery days in small doles.

This actually reminds me a little of Bvlgari's Petits et Mamans (plus alcohol), mainly due to its soothing nature. Interestingly, this has some similarilties to Code Luna (lemon and vanilla) but without the slightly sharper white flowers. This is calming on me, I love it. Ah, Guerlain...

Add; Nearly an hour on, I can smell the lime - now! And yes, the base smells like Shalimar without the luscious leather. This will still be an empty bottle sooner than a lot of my others.

patxaran
patxaran

Just received this and loving it. My only concern is that it may disappear very quickly on a hot day. Thank goodness I fished a huge bottle off ebay so I won't think twice about touching up! Great tip below about layering with Midnight Poison. I will try this tonight to give Eau de Shalimar a bit more oomph. I was inbetween wearing Shalimar or Eau de Shalimar for this evening event, but I will go with Eau and supplement it with a touch of MP :-)
Update: I have also layered this with Shalimar EDT (a couple of small sprays only of Shalimar).... seems like the possibilities are endless!! Lurrrrrrrrve this stuff!!

marylulu227
marylulu227

I was able to get an unopened bottle of EDC from the late 1950's, early 60's on EBAY. It is absolutely wonderful. I then tried the new Shalimar which was a spray tester at Sephora and what a difference. The new shalimar is lemony and does not last long. The 1950's EDC is warm and earthy and lasts until you wash it off. It stays on your clothes for days. I also have the 1960's EDT spray in the blue and white canister which I find too sharp and strong. The EDC has a softer smell which I prefer. I'm going to start my search for the next bottle.

almondcookie
almondcookie

Being a fan of the original Shalimar, I knew I had to have this one. I was lucky enough to get the 75ml for £23.70 from a TRUSTED SELLER on ebay with 100% positive feedbacks.

Eau de Shalimar is an excellent introduction for anyone who has always wanted to try the original Shalimar but never got around to doing so because, they feared it would be too strong for them. This starts off with light citruses and dries down to a powdery vanilla scent.

As much as I love the original Shalimar, Eau de Shalimar is a excellent option for days I want to wear something lighter. Even though I would recommend it for winter, it also works well in hotter climates where I reside.

ForrealMe2

Simply amazing..Such a fun,happy scent..this smells like a fresh lemon candy..if you ever had lemonheads like that with a slight cream vanilla note in the background...Lemon Meringue Pie! I can actually see myself layering this with Midnight poison because i had this on my left inner elbow and when i used my right hand with midnight poison to bring my left arm to me to smell EDS the combination was wonderful as Midnight poison has already a lemon citrus menthol patchouli smell..try it out for those who have that bottle it is a very interesting combination..citrus vanilla overload and the menthol from MP gives it a twist!..But for this perfume this is like lemon cakes or cookies, this is exactly what i was looking for for the summer but i actually love this so much its going to my tops this year and the bottle is gorgeous..i couldn't handle the leather in regular shalimar but someone suggested this here and so i thought i would try..i am so happy i did.. now if Guerlain did a orange cake perfume that would be mine forever but until then this one is definately a must have its a gourmand lovers dream if your into citrus and vanilla..it reminds me of being outside having cookies,cakes and tea. This is totally a work,day time scent.Bravo Guerlain!

I love Shalimar EdP & EdT - but this one does not go along with my skintype. Eau de Shalimar is a great scent and great for spring/summer but not on me. Timeless - great for both younger and older women.

Jag älskar Shalimar EdP & EdT - men denna funkar inte alls med min hudtyp. Eau de Shalimar är en superhärlig doft och perfekt för våren/sommaren men inte på mig, tyvärr. Tidlös - passar både yngre o äldre kvinnor.

Lakambini
Lakambini

This was my gateway drug to the world of Guerlain. The first liberal spray I gave myself was over my chest and the front of my shirt. I got lemon at once, not freshly squeezed, but a sweet confectionary lemon. Lemon pie actually. It wasn’t the Shalimar I knew about, but, heck, I thought, it smelled great anyway. Pretty soon (on the bus ride home) a full, rich, and buxom powdery-vanilla cloud began to steal up my cleavage and into the close air around me. Shalimar in da house!

This is a fresher, lighter take on that classic scent, and is wearable in summer or even for work, though I wouldn’t spritz more than once. It lasts a long, long time, too. It seems a sacrilege to mix it with other scents, but I discovered it does layer quite well with certain rose perfumes. And now I’m lemming for the original, plus Samsara and goodness knows what else from this house.

Miss Mego
Miss Mego

Eau de Shalimar is the sweet and playful version of Shalimar. I bought this last year for the warmer months and only ended up wearing it a couple of times because it didn't really impress me that much. I decided to pull it back out for the warm spring days we've been having here and I'm so glad I didn't get rid of this one, it smells so much better than it did last year for some reason. It starts out very citrusy with the lime taking center stage and dries down to a wonderful soft powdery musky vanilla. Wearing Vanilla in the warmer weather is sometimes hard for me and it's starts to get cloying but this one could be worn on even the hottest of days. I would consider this a gourmand smelling similar to a fresh baked cookie with lime zest baked in. Still classy because it's Shalimar but a little bit easier to wear.

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

When I first sprayed this on, I thought, "oh my Gawd, I smell like I spilled a marguerita on myself!" Five minutes later it settles slightly but I smell like a lemon tart. I know I'm of French descent, but that doesn't mean I should smell like a French pasterie. With experience, I've learned to wait for the dry-down. Wait for it.....

30 minutes later I'm rewarded with a beautiful vanilla, iris, and hint of rose combination that seemed to last for 12 hours. No kidding! Longevity is superb and sillage is moderate. This is light enough that it won't wear you (instead of the other way around) and announce its arrival five minutes before you get to where you're going unless you have a heavy hand with this. Less is more. Spring and Summer wear definitely OK. Try before buying if you know you amp lemon or lime notes.

antfarm
antfarm

I think I may need to enter a 12-step program with this one--I just can't get enough of it.

While I love the original Shalimar, it is almost completely leather and amber on my skin.

Eau de Shalimar seems to focus on the other, lighter notes. It is still definitely Shalimar, but the focus here is primarily citrus, incense, and vanilla-wood. My gosh, I love it. It is transparent but present, like a beautiful gauze of smouldering sensuality surrounding you.

If you find that the original Shalimar is a little too NSFW, try wearing this one to the office. It's still super sexy, but in a showing a little shoulder way, as opposed to lying naked on a bear rug.

Annica
Annica

First of all I could just smell the citrus, but it was not so sharp, rather like an exclusive and mouthwatering marmalade, a bit like caramelized lemon if it makes sense. After a while the iris and jasmine stepped in, accompanied by a lovely vanilla. It was not until two hours later the rose was noticeable to my nose.Such a lovely drydown! I must reluctantly admit to myself that this fragrance is just as beautiful as Parfum Initial. In my opinion Eau de Shalimar is suitable for all occasions, both everyday and festive. Long-lasting on the skin.
Highly recommended to all vanilla lovers.

Mikprittie
Mikprittie

I've finally found you. I am so glad I found my shalimar, now I finally know what everyone is raving about shalimar. If you are not a fan of the original or parfum initial don't let that stop you from trying this or other flankers or else you might miss out. The first initial blast is very fresh lemon/line but it is not sharp it very pleasing and I am already perceiving the promise of a creamy vanilla like a lemon cookie. I also get powdery notes from the iris around 30min after. It was a sunny day and the 6in snow is starting to melt outside but this seems like the perfect scent to say its cold but the promise of coziness is if you wrap your body around the cloud of Eau de shalimar.

addicttoperfume
addicttoperfume

This was a blind buy and at first when i sprayed it i was sad and disappointed. it smelled overly powdery and old lady like. but i gave it another try on a cold night and i love it soooo much. it made me wana cuddle with myself hehe. its fresh in the initial and dries down to a warm powdery sweetness.

wbp
wbp

oh wow!!! it was a blind bye for me and the first smell for me was like...oh my god this is really strong and old lady's, but now it becomes my favorite fragrance. in the dry down is soo creamy and powdery and i love that part. i love to wear it in the winter time.

mizsadako
mizsadako

What about the new bottle? Is the same juice?

molehgirl
molehgirl

I read rave review everywhere for shalimar and wanted so bad to try this and found eau de shalimar for $20 1.7 oz at my local marshalls and just purchased it.I was so excited to try this,the result is very disappointing :( smells very cheap and no lasting power.I even spray this 4 times when I go to sleep and the smells is so annoying.I really didnt get this

DNA Salli
DNA Salli

Shalimar is my archetypal fragrance! Eau de Shalimar should be the Shalimar devotee's summer version! Lighter, softer, subtler, yet memorable. Vanilla, yes, but not sticky. Has a vintage feel...You love it or hate it!

vicka16
vicka16

Well, this summer I was looking for a nice citrus powdery perfume and many people were suggesting to try Eau de Shalimar. The notes also sounded interesting so when I had a chance to buy it at a good price I grabed it.
Oh well, what disapointment! No vanilla, no citrus, just baby powder. About ten minutes after appling I could smell a very faint lime and bergamot, but it didn't last more than few minutes. Both my husband and dauther said I smell like I've put tons of baby powder on me... :((

G00D_Girl

The opening made me think of lime fruit loops... in a good way

perfumebox
perfumebox

Eau de Shalimar to Shalimar, is like a youthful ingénue to a smoldering courtesan.

The biggest difference is probably in the absence of notes that give classic Shalimar its burnt, smoky dirtiness; leather, vetiver, civet, musk and incense. Imagine Shalimar back-lit so it’s cleaner, lighter, and more luminous. If you like the citrus in Shalimar’s opening and the amber-sweet drydown (or just wish there wasn’t quite so much going on), then you should definitely give Eau de Shalimar a try. The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't quite last on my dry skin.

Word of warning: Just because it’s lighter than Shalimar does not mean this will ever smell at all like the countless gourmand celebuscents or a sparkling citrus you might find from Fresh. It’s still very much a full-fledged Guerlain oriental, albeit a calorie-free "diet" version.

This perfume is an Eau?! I can't believe it. Well I believed it at first, when I smelled all the sharp citrus. It reminded me of taking tequila shots and sucking on a lime; sort of an uncomfortable sensation. It was coupled with an old and musty powder scent. I quickly told myself, "Don't rule it out, just give it time." Good advice from Self. I was already wearing two perfumes on other parts of my arm, but it didn't take long for me notice something really divine floating up to my nose, this creamy, smoky, vanilla scent. I just knew it had to be the Guerlain. And I was right.

This is definitely Shalimar stripped-down, but since I can't wear Shalimar (the leather makes me queasy), it's perfect for me. It retains the essence of Shalimar just like Shalimar Initial does. And I can't believe I'm saying it, but I might honestly like this "Eau" better than Shalimar Initial! It actually seems creamier and smokier to me, more closely related to the original Shalimar than Initial. I've never described an Eau as "delicious," but this one is!

I swear this is no "Eau." Sure it has the tangy citrus on top, but that fades away into a sweet orange that blends beautifully with the richer base notes. Projection is pretty fantastic, as it projected much more than Escada Magnetism and YSL Cinema (the other perfumes I was wearing, which are exquisite creations in their own right). Well done Guerlain!

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

I bought this, not really sure what to expect. I had only vague memories of the original Shalimar--and they were mainly of a musty, old fashioned, very strong perfume. But I wanted something of a classic for my perfume wardrobe so I tried Eau de Shalimar. When I first sprayed it, I was surprised by the fresh, cool scent of lime. In hindsight, I was also smelling bergamot, but the initial impression was of real limes. The top notes lasted a lot longer than most top notes in other perfumes do, I thought. I was reminded of a cool drink by the pool, or a glamorous hotel lobby. Then the florals came in, reminding me more of my memories of the original Shalimar, and smelling like almost a completely different perfume! Then, on the dry down, the powdery resin marries with the florals, and I smell citrus again with the vanilla, and it's another perfume again. Altogether, lovely and a very wearable and interesting interpretation of a classic. I am glad to have it, and can see wearing it for special occasions.

mery09
mery09

I have Shalimar,it's a special perfume,but eau de shalimar it's more light and fresh.I really love this one,I have a huge bottle but I will buy a new one when it's gone.

Maggan
Maggan

Just got my secound bottle of Eau de Shalimar. It seems like this one is staying in the stores, and I am very glad for that, as it is a lovely summer-fragranse on my skin!

I can´t think of a summer without Eau de Shalimar! It is magic on my skin in hot weather! When the autumn(fall) comes, the magic of this juice is gone, and Shalimar Parfum Initial will do it instead.

Original Shalimar is the most beautiful, but it is very difficult to wear, so I stick to these two flankers instead.

Jag har just skaffat min andra flaska an Eau de Shalimar. Det verkar som att denna kommer att stanna kvar i affärerna, vilket jag är mycket glad över, då den är en underbar sommarparfym på min hud.

Jag kan inte tänka mig en sommar utan Eau de Shalimar! Den är magisk på min hud i varmt väder! När hösten kommer så försvinner magin, men Shalimar Parfum Initial får då ta över istället.

Vackrast är original Shalimar, men den är mycket svårburen, så jag håller mig till dessa två variationer istället.

ScentOCD
ScentOCD

This was my first Guerlain fragrance to try and I didn't care for it. The initial spray - a tangy lime. Nice and fresh. Either I don't care for the fragrance or it bombed with my chemistry once I got to the dry down. It turned into a powdery - almost musty scent with barely detectable vanilla and a ton of resin. I couldn't 'sniff' past that to get any other notes.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

To me this smells nearly identical to Shalimar Eau Legere, which, I also love. It just doesn't seem quite as bright and deep as Eau Legere, there's something that Guerlain changed in Eau Legere when they discontinued it and revamped it as Eau de Shalimar. The notes I smell here are bergamot, lime, resins, iris, jasmine and the orange. I know Eau Legere had amber and lemon. I think Eau de Shalimar has more orange, iris and bergamot. Eau de Shalimar as it dries down tends to smell a bit dusty on me, as many iris notes do on my skin. Though, I do like this very much. It has great sillage and last a long time on the skin. I prefer Shalimar Eau Legere, but, this one I love as well.

Norgirl

Wow this has gone from dislike to love whitinn a year ;)
I bought this last year and totaly disliked it.. yes i did call it a old lady perfume aswell i think ( not shure i wrothe it , but thought it for shure :)) But after trying Shalimar Initial . and loving it. then went on to shalimar edp loving this to .. then i had to retest this one i knew my taste had changed in perfumes . and bamm.. LOVE . i so totaly love this lady like powdery citrus vanilla cloud off a perfume.. Its like when i put this one i am lifted up in spirit.. A big smile on my face , i close my eyes and just enjoy this;). This is so great to put on at any time off the day aswell . bouth to work and for going to bed .
This is a treasure to me i am lucky to own several off the shalimar bottles , and this is one off them i cherish the most.
It is similar to the original Shalimar , but whitout the Leathery feal and adedd Iris , lime and more cooling vanilla .. A brighter summery take yes. but i could easely wear the original shalimar for summer aswell sins i live in Norway . Not that warm here
I love this one and i am so happy i tryed it again to redescover the beauty off it :)
love it.. this is so ME::

Bebette
Bebette

This is a beautiful, fresh and spicy fragrance. It reminds me of Sour Patch kids but less artifial and more soapy. It is very clean but unfortunately not very unique nor long lasting. Add a little cinnamon and you have Lolita Lempicka L de Lolita. It's comforting, but not as warm as LL and only lasts about 30 minutes on my skin. At first I thought I must be mistaken so I showered and sprayed each wrist with one. It might just be my chemistry, but I prefer LL as it lasts longer even though the juice has gone brown and I don't need both. Sadly I will be returning this. I wanted to love it so much, I thought for sure this could be THE ONE I loved out of the 3 I bought today but I was wrong. I'll wait a few days and give it one more chance just in case, as hormones are a funny thing but I tend to have bad luck with all citrus in general.

krmarich
krmarich

I found a bottle of Eau de Shalimar at Marshalls this week. It was opened, so I gave a spray. I could not buy this! It is basically a chemical skeleton of the Eau Legere Perfumee dated the year 2000, which was flawless. The notes here are all synthetic-including the jasmine and rose. There is no vetiver at all. (what? isnt that what Guerlain does best?) Instead, it is replaced with an odd resin that I can almost identify as myrrh. Its sort of rubbery.

Of course there is no civet or any other herbs required for it to remotely resemble classic Shalimar. It iris/vanila gives it that powdery familiarity. Initial is more loyal. I can understand why this is no longer on the market. This is substandard and a pitiful flanker.

For the diehard Guerlain fans, seek a vintage original to really experience Shalimar. There is plenty of it still floating aroung on the web.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Sweeter, powdery and probably more vearable than original Shalimar (for beginners:)
Eau has just a hint of the famous (loved/hated) incense-lime combination, its rather lemony, like a cocktail glass rim, vanillin sugar with lime.
Lasting power is standard for EDT. When it's hot and humid (and you sweat) you can smell it all day, even after shower.

Zaleska
Zaleska

A lighter version of the original Shalimar. I like it! But Parfum Initial is more wearable(because of the ones around you, haha)!
Shalimar - and its Eau - is only for well trained noses.

G00D_Girl

the opening reminds me of a cream-sickle with lots of lime, but not gourmand at all.

Citrus freshness with a creamy (slightly powdery) floral iris & jasmin note.

It becomes more soft and powdery as the dries down... but still has a slightly sharp note that floats in the back round.

I like this classic, not a huge fan of the lime opening but its so soft and wonderful when it dries down.

update...I have grown to like the lime opening... its refreshing

elisabethgenest
elisabethgenest

My new love! perfect for day time ;)

woolseywoo
woolseywoo

Began very powdery and soft, reminiscent of oil. After about 20 minutes, the fragrance turned into a powdery vanilla scent. The vanilla in this scent is more powdery than sweet, but smells very expensive and rich. This isn't a fragrance for me. However, after smelling it, I can definitely see why it is so popular.

xanman
xanman

Love this one from start to finish. Starts off with a sparkly citrus blast, very clean and uplifting, dries down to a comforting vanilla laced with a lemony spice essence which holds for 6-8 hours on my skin, good for an EDT. Very versatile and pretty-wonderful for any season or occasion.
I actually like this better than the original, which I am very fond of, as Eau de Shalimar is less harsh and does not contain the "burnt rubber" essence of original Shalimar's opening. Thankyou Guerlain for this beautiful perfume!

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

playful and elegance in a bottle!
dare i even go farther as to call this a citrus gourmand???
this is quite yummy.
candied limes dusted with powder and iris.
dries down into the signature cream vanilla.
appropriately named "eau" de shalimar.
if the original is too "heavy/old fashioned" and parfum initial too "medicinal"
scoop this beauty up.
i only wish the sweet lime accord lasted longer, that is my favorite part.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This was my latest attempt to love anything with Shalimar in it's name and it did not end as I hoped. However, I did like this one. On first spray you smell the vanilla, but on the skin it becomes a bomb of bergamot and powder. Not unpleasant at all, just so strong. Then it wears and suddenly it's a dreamy powdery vanilla with hints of resin. The dry down I like a lot. I would love this if the opening and the dry down weren't like two different fragrances. Definitely worth a try though, this is Shalimar light for sure.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

bleh, really nothing unique or interestign here, a travesty to the original :) sorry guys, lol

@ nattonline,I'd go with 'initial' the bottle is really a beauty! and the juice is rather unique and interesting, reminds me of pages in an old book, but also smells of something new... without yourn ormal perfumey flowery vibe, I think it's a prety brilliant frag

carinas
carinas

While I can't stand original Shalimar, I went out and blind bought Eau de Shalimar, mainly because of the citrus notes. It was not a disappointment.
The opening is the best part, gorgeous lime crushed with a little bit of sugar, I really wish the opening notes would not disappear so fast. Then the vanilla kicks in and it becomes lemon chiffon pie. Thanks to the citrus on the background it's not as depressing or heavy, as l'Heure Bleue (drydown is quite similar on my skin). Overall it was quite successful blind buy, definitely softer, wearable version of Shalimar. It's not sexy kind of sweet, it wouldn't drive your husband grazy, but would make your kids wanna hug you because you smell comforting and sweet.

LaPetite
LaPetite

I think i have found MY shalimar at last !!! Very surprising since i really hate the original one and just dislike Parfum initial .
It seems that they removed the notes that made me find the 2 other ones repulsive . As a result : Eau de Shalimar is warm , but not invasive, sexy but certainly not sluty , just perfectly suited for me !
I'm so amazed to love anything with the word Shalimar on it , but perfumes can always surprise you !

sashapoppy
sashapoppy

I found a bottle of this for 34.99 at Marshalls, so you know I was thrilled. It was hidden behind some awful Gayle Hayman perfumes no one will ever buy and I feel a little bit bad that I almost certainly pinched another womans stash, but Shalimar for under 40.00 is not to be passed up. Incidentally, the fragrance is gorgeous; one of the only vanilla based scents I like. Its not something Id wear every day, but its a treasured addition to my collection.

Allinug
Allinug

I love Eau de Shalimar. Today I put on some and tonight I was wondering what that wonderful vanilla smell came from...oh it was me. I have used Eau de Shalimar this summer and now fall and I love the smell of it but it's the first time I have smelled so much vanilla. It's a lovely vanilla not sweet and cloying.

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

Eau de Shalimar is pretty much exactly what one might expect from its name and look...a lighter, more "modern" or "fresher"---i.e., less animalic, less dense---variant of the classic Shalimar. No, it's not the same; but then, it's not meant to be. Yes, it is true to the scent profile of the original, in a way that many flanker scents are not. While I infinitely prefer the incredible richness and polish of the original, I also enjoy using Eau de Shalimar as well. It's crisper and yes, lighter, but far from insipid, and on me it wears very true to the original formula, by which I mean that it's recognizably Shalimar...I don't at all get the pronounced lime note listed and reported by others, nor does the vanilla dominate. For people who find some scents too heavy in warm weather (not a problem for me) or who wish they could wear their Shali to the office but feel they need a lighter approach, this could serve very well. Likewise, for those who have tried the classic version and found it too heavy for their preferences or too "old", this could suit them better. Although I'm generally not a fan of companies tinkering with a classic just for novelty or dialing one back to appease a trend for the lighter side of perfume, I've found that all the incarnations of Shalimar have a place, and all are reasonably faithful to the original which is deservedly timeless.

I was expecting this to be similar to Shalimar Initial but it wasn't. It's just not sweet. I've got a lot of fresh lime in this version. It's very very fresh at first before it settles down into what Shalimar should be; its dusty leathery burnt vanilla (and still limey fresh). I am not a fan of Shalimar to begin with, but I still want to collect, at least, one. This version or Shalimar Initial. I am not sure yet which I'd rather have.

sophisticated
sophisticated

do you sometimes crave for a certain perfume but you just aren't in the mood for a strong one? that's the case with Eau de Shalimar for me, i adore the original but sometimes i just like to spray a few spritzes without being overwhelmed with this wonderful yet heavy fume... so, i simply go to EDS, it's really toned down but has the basic notes that attracted me to the original so i just love it

mika71

Oh there's that "old fashioned" term again... not terribly descriptive or helpful, given that different people have varying ideas about what is considered "old" or "dated".

I still wear this regularly and love it. mjb28's review is right on... soft, feminine, cozy. A co-worker told me it makes him think of a cashmere blanket.

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

This is a very lovely toned down version of the regular EDP. It is fresh and a great way to start getting in to being able to appreciate Shalimar in all its glory.

I got into the car after trying it on with my grandmother and she told me I smelt "old". My grandmother told me I smelt like old ladies - go figure.

I think it is a beautiful scent although I find it does not have the lasting power of regular Shalimar.

C xx

mjb28
mjb28

This is delightful feminine scent! It opens on fresh lemony-citrus note and mellows fairly quickly to a comforting and warm "powdery vanilla" mix which I love. It is a very pretty scent that reminds me a bit of lemon vanilla cupcakes. It's a fairly sweet fragrance, but not overpowering. Nicely done! It never fails to please me and make me feel happy.

Although this is light, it lasts most of the day more or less 5 hours on my skin, smooth and cozy, very feminine, and sophisticated. It's nothing like the original Shalimar. This version has a charm of its own. It is more approachable and has a certain whimsy to it while still remaining sexy and mysterious. This is non-offensive and can be worn at any occasion.

This is beautiful! much better than the original. This is definitely worthy of picking up.

mika71

Actually loving this. Overly lemony the first couple minutes, but the dry down on my skin is so soft and sorta.... perfect. I still love original Shalimar EDP but this is one I can wear to work.

Update: I think this is going to be a staple for me. So subtle and elegant, with decent longevity. Somehow comforting too. It seems to work well with my skin's chemistry, very natural, nothing the least bit artificial about it... which is always a major plus.

Norgirl

i so wanted to like this perfume
i bought it blind , and this to me is very hard one the Lime note in the opening. strong citrus, i tend to like that , but this is to hard in a way. then it turns into a very powdery smelling perfume. Somebody told me it smelled like Johnsons babypowder , and i totaly agree. and that is not in a good way , its to much on my skin.
this to me is a very classy perfume , a perfume for a strong and independant woman , but sadly just not for me .

(hm.. think i have to retest . sins im tested Shalimar and loved it:))

aelias
aelias

I think comparing this to the original Shalimar is where we go wrong - it is not the same, but it is a beautiful fragrance. Guerlain may have been better off calling this one something totally different. Regardless, it is a nice, warm scent, with a touch of freshness. I bought it.

rockcity
rockcity

Even though I HATE original Shalimar, this version is really LOVELY, fresh, warm and femine. Highly recommended. I'm thinking about to purchase second bottle

TillyWave
TillyWave

Okay, second review here. So now it is finally cooler, and finally fall. Time for thick white body cream, and long sleeves. And a different Eau de Shalimar.

I did my normal 3-4 sprays of this scent and was so pleasantly surprised that the citrus lasted a lot longer than it did during the summer. Now, this citrus, and I hate to say it, but it is a soft and sweet lemon frosting citrus. Very pretty. Not, in contrast, the bright and crisp citrus of AG Eau d'Hadrien. I like both, but sometimes I just want a soft floaty lemon scent.

I think the longevity is there because the citrus hangs onto your clothing more than your skin. On my skin is the vanilla base, but on my clothing is a lingering citrus.

The resin adds a nice slightly smoky, slightly mysterious edge. I've never gotten the jasmine/rose heart since I've been wearing this.

It's not your mother's Shalimar, but it's pretty darn good. Recommend.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

No no no... why did they create this to replace Shalimar Light???? It's all wrong. Shalimar Eau Légère from 2003 was the best "light" version of Shalimar ever created. The bottle was the same as the original, with Shalimar Eau Légère printed on the front. Then they came up with Shalimar Light from 2004-2007 (slightly light blue tint to the bottle). Both are now discontinued and replaced with this perfume which doesn't even compare to the previous two. It just got worse with each edition. Why did they mess with a great creation? I used to find Shalimar Eau Légère in discount stores like Marshalls and TJ Maxx, and now I haven't seen it there in years. It was selling for $20 a bottle, and I'm sure the buyers didn't know what a gem they had. It was amazing... all the notes I love in Shalimar were amplified, but it was not too heavy or powdery. The biggest complaint most people have with Shalimar is it feels "heavy" on their skin. Shalimar Eau Légère only took that away.

tsofa
tsofa

I got it through Amazon by mistake. I wanted 'Eau de Shalimar 2009' and they sent me this one! I have to admit that by its first 'sniff' I wasn't amazed at all and I thought it was a waste of money...

I can't say that it was bad but, why the heck did they add resin note in it? There was just something that didn't quite suit with this fragrance and my body chemistry reacted as if it was saying 'wash it off, it's not good for you!'

So, I gave it to my mother as a birthday present and when she used it on her, I thought... 'Oh my gosh, will it suit her?'

Now, 'Eau de Shalimar' has become my mother's favourite fragrance and believe it or not, she's getting more compliments wearing it than I do with my own fragrances!

Amazing what body chemistry can do to you!

As for me, since I had a little sample of the original Shalimar, enjoying it a lot although it has sandalwood note in it, I finally bought 'Shalimar Oiseau de paradis' and happy with my purchase, and so my mother with her gift!

And if I compare 'Eau de Shalimar' with 'Shalimar Eau Legere', I will definitely go with 'Eau Legere', as other fragrantica members mentioned here!

cherryvanilla
cherryvanilla

I agree Shalimar Light was the perfect fragrance...it took Shalimar to a new level....I learned something from it even though it is no longer available I can still have it....this is what I do...and it never fails...I layer it with pure lemon body lotion...not any of those sugary foody things....with Bigelow preferably...Walgreen had another perfect lemon but its gone....it must be pure and perfect lemon to support the Shalimar and make it sparkle....you can trust me....the lemon under the Shalimar is like a stick of dynamite....I have never had men or women react so universally to a fragrance...or me...they just drink it in and always ask what it is...moreso than anything I've ever worn....go for it! not the Marc Jacobs lemon there is something bitter and acrid in that...

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I got this today at Marshall I guess it's discontinued. It smells so good, great for summer. Smells similar to a fragrance by Fresh called Sugar Blossom. To me it smells like shaving cream, very powdery, soft, feminine. Love it!

kylexora
kylexora

This is the second Guerlain i have. The first one is Champs Elysees parfum. Eau de Shalimar is light, watery and fresh citrul plus vanilla base. I discover it by accident when i walk pass by Guerlain counter in Pavilion KL. The saleswomen (she old, about 35++) call me to try perfumes under Guerlain line. The first she sprayed is Shalimar EDP, OMG! It feels like a slap onto my face. Dush!! I was really knocked down by heady and strong notes. Then she sprayed on Shalimar EDT, EDC and few other perfumes under Guerlain. No, not my type.

Then she sprayed Eau de Shalimar. I expect the same heady and strong notes. But I was wrong!! It fresh, kinda acceptable. The seller told me this perfume should be wear under clothes, do not sprayed on clothes. When i asked why, she tell me that that how this perfume will smell nice and not overpowering.

Then she sprayed it on a tester paper and put in a small Guerlain envelopes and she give it to me. It smells good actually, smell very expensive. I put the envelopes in my diary and place it in my beg. The whole beg smell wonderful for a month. And i fall in love with this scent.

Today, i receive this perfume which i bought from eBay. Well, after 2 years, i still love it. I'm very interested in vanilla scent, and maybe that why i love it never stop. If you hated the old version, you should try this one. It worth trying. Remember, it not to be put on your clothes..but on your chest, arm, and your neck...really nice.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

This fragrance almost knocked me out! The lime and resin were so dominant on my skin that they overpowered everything else. At first, it was somewhat pleasant and masculine in a smokey pine forest sort of way, but when those notes wouldn't let up, I had to wash it off. Only then was I able to smell the vanilla and iris underneath.

This is a perfect example of the wild card called "personal chemistry". I am also realizing this is the second fragrance with lime that I have had trouble with. Hmmm...

lkell
lkell

All versions of Shalimar light are absolutely the best perfumes ever.

nyoka
nyoka

much too light for me,but is a very modern version of fumes.really powdery like sum of the oldies but goodies,just seems to smell like lots of others

lilinah
lilinah

I recently smelled this. At first i thought, "Ah! Shalimar!" But then it went awry, it smelled weak, sour, unpleasant, too much citrus. This does not compare favorably to the REAL Shalimar.

So i'm holding out for another bottle of the real Shalimar perfume. It costs a big chunk of change, but so much better, richer, fuller, more complex, than the weak sisters Guerlain has made to flank it.

guest_Gooby
guest_Gooby

I love the original Shalimar (prior to 1984) and the perfume is wonderful. The new stuff isn't nearly as nice and it's gone an hour after you put it on. NO COMPARISON. The EU should never have demanded a change in the formula. I buy vintage Shalimar PERFUME every chance I get.

Mals86
Mals86

This is the scent that "replaced," if you will, the lovely Shalimar Light (also known as Shalimar Eau Legere Parfumee). I have not smelled it on skin, but only on a smelling strip that my friend sent me. I found it dreadful. Shalimar Light was an angelic creature, with its lemon-jasmine-vanilla fluffiness that was never quite foody, but this is Shalimar Light after three bouts with chemotherapy. Sad.

Zocha
Zocha

OK, the time has come and I will say it loud: My name is Zocha and I'm an addict. I'm a hopeless Guerlain fragrances addict, as soon as I get one I already think where to get the next one.
Terminal disease.

Indeed, Eau de Shalimar 2008 may be considered as the original Shalimar younger sister. The opening has something of the original one citruses but lighter. So does the dry down with its light oriental veil. The touch of vanilla here plays an interesting role, I think. It kind of limits the light oriental impression without adding any sweetness. The vanilla edge was brilliantly captured right before it turns sweet. Fabulous.
As the Shalimar excellency suits on grand nights only, I think, Eau de Shalimar would be for the ordinary days.

jatzzie
jatzzie

I have some very mixed feelings about the original Shalimar, so I decided to give this version a try.What can I say? It was like wearing a mixture of vanilla and lemon.Just wasn't for me...

Suseken
Suseken

It smells like a vanilla cookie.Nice for friends of vanilla.An oriental scent,great for wearing in summer.

A bland lighter version of Shalimar. Nothing special and still musty like the original, not bad, but not impressive

model_wannabe
model_wannabe

citrusy...then vanilla-ish... similar to dior addict

Garfield
Garfield

If you don't like the classic Shalimar (I hate it) but if you do like fresh top notes with vanilla scent, just try out this new one.

I discovered it by accident; it's one of the special perfumes you won't smell everyday everywhere. I really love it
:-)

Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain 4.16 out of 5 based on 539 ratings and 101 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Eau de Shalimar fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Eau de Shalimar, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Shalimar by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.