Designers » F-H » Chypre Fruity « Groups

Elixir Charnel Chypre Fatal Guerlain for women

Elixir Charnel Chypre Fatal Guerlain for women
dislike

Elixir Charnel Chypre Fatal Guerlain for women Pictures Elixir Charnel Chypre Fatal Guerlain for women Pictures

Luxury collection Elixir Charnel (Carnal Elixirs), which includes three limited editions has been presented. It allows women to change their moods and fantasies, together with cocktails of notes offered by the house of Guerlain in 2008. The collection includes these perfumes:Gourmand Coquin, Chypre Fatal and Oriental Brulant, available in identical bottles with different nuances of fluid.

Chypre Fatal empowers femme fatale in each woman with aromas of white pear, rose, patchouli and vanilla. The collection was created by Christine Nagel in cooperation with art director Sylvaine Delacourte.

White Peach

Rose

Patchouli Vanilla

Midnight Bakula

Elixir Charnel Chypre Fatal Fragrance Reviews

Sofreshandsoclean
Sofreshandsoclean

This is largely a peach and rose perfume. But on a carpet of patchouli with hints of vanilla spread over it as shining stars on a cloudless night. Bravo for having the courage to go so minimalist. A more accessible version of Eau Du Soir, or a patchouli edition 1969 Parfum de Revolte Histoires de Parfums. For a woman only. Would called it a Fruity Patchouli. It is a great perfume, but would never pay the price for it, if it was in their regular collection at a 1/3 of the price, I would.

HighHeeledOne
HighHeeledOne

Another great fragrance in an all star cast from the Les Elixirs Charnels line.

I was initially attracted to Boise Torride and Gourmand Coquin (of which I purchased a fB )so it took me a few tips to my local Nordstrom store to discover the beauty of this scent.

Although classified as a chypre, it's sharp edges are smoothed out and it lacks the heavy citrus usually associated with this category. Although refreshing, citrus can be interpreted as slightly sour on my skin.

I love gourmands, but normally don't care for fruity perfumes. The peach is prominent, but not sweet, and the other ingredients help balance it so it doesn't feel fruity.

Between sampling all the Elixirs Charnels (5), L'Art et Matiere' (7) and the Double Vanille, I've developed a love for Guerlain.

Eos
Eos

Opens with a delectable, floralized, sweet peach but quickly dries down on my skin to a semi-sour fruity rose patchouli. I'd take Gucci Rush over this any day if I want peach and patchouli. There's nothing new or interesting or different to help this stand out in a crowd of fruitchoulis. Not worth the price in my opinion.

majestic mammy
majestic mammy

Very unique scent. I find the peach notes to be dominate. I am wondering if the combination of these notes, this perfume is actually unisex? Would anyone know if it is acceptable for a man to wear the wonderful perfume?

PinoiPerfumista
PinoiPerfumista

If you compare this with the other Guerlain perfumes which are generally dense, you might be disappointed. I suggest you take it as it is, and when you do, you will appreciate its own beauty. I totally agree with Italo_Wolff's comment, especially when he described this as an impression of refined sensuality. This is very classy and has a modern treatment of the Guerlinade base.

Wise-222
Wise-222

this fragrance is a brother of noir de noir by tom ford and you can notice that guerlain charp frag
is more bright than tom ford.

it's a beautiful fragrance and we can consider it as another choice for tom ford.

regards

pynkgirl

I've already done one review, but it seems there is a slight menthol background or something that smells cool as well.

Update: Peaches are projecting from my skin. I like that but the price tag is still ridiculous.

boruvka44
boruvka44

I agree with HazelMae. I got a sample and was looking for some proper chypre. All i got was something between Shalimar parfum Initial and Euphoria, jimmy Choo and so on. Sweet, chemical, cloying. It`s not chypre and definitely not fatal :D Can`t believe it`s Guerlain!

pynkgirl

This goes on like cough syrup, that's what i detect, the red cough syrup LOL. However , once it dries, it reminds me of a more sophisticated Gucci Rush which I do love .

HazelMae
HazelMae

Chypre Fail. It reminds me of Tom Ford's White Patchouli, so I suppose that's how they arrive at calling it a chypre. However it isn't a real patchouli, perhaps there is some attenuated aromachemical that mimics a facet of patchouli.

The drydown - seriously Guerlain? Yves Rocher has many better perfumes than this.

I do think that my sample may have deteriorated a bit, but even at first spray right from the bottle, it was stronger but still failed to impress.

It is an insult to the consumer to put such a cheap juice in an overpriced "exclusive" bottle. It fails as a sales tactic since the only plausible consumer of a pricey exclusive is a perfumista, who will most likely detect the fraud.

Miss Guerlain
Miss Guerlain

"Les Elixirs Charnels were created to evoke the desires of a women who loves to play the game of seduction."

The Femme Fatale:
Underneath her cool refined exterior, a passionate fire burns. A woman to love but never truly know, she always has the upper hand with those who dare to try to own her. The intense aura of this fatal fruity chypre haunts, as it presses and caresses with hieratic rose to which patchouli brings its spicy, woody overtones. Vanilla and white peach sensually soften the harmony that leaves an indelible trail.

yvashche
yvashche

Nice Guerlain scent but still does not reach that grade of a really special perfume. This one is sickly sweet and headache inducing, though pleasant at first. Not worth the price.

Kterhark
Kterhark

I"m a fan of Guerlain's exclusives, but I do have high standards for them and am more harsh in my reviews. This is a good perfume, in the $100-$140 range, but at the price point sold I have to wonder what they were thinking.

This is a basic patchouli/rose chypre, which I'm comparing to Sublime Balkiss, Lady Vengeance and Kurkdjian's Lumiere pour femme. This is most expensive of the four, and in my opinion, hte least interesting. What I"m wanting is some 'OOH!!!', like Kurkdjian's spicy rose, Balkiss' blueberry note or Lady Vengeance' edge.

But peach and vanilla are just too safe. I"m wondering who the intended audience is for this line, because I don't think it's those who want something unique and trend-setting.

No oakmoss like a traditional chypre, but still very lovely nevertheless. I ended up with a strangely masculine herby edge that was simply wonderful, but I have to wonder where it came from, as the listed notes show no such thing. Still worth a try, definitely, but don't expect an old fashioned chypre in this. EDIT: Retried and this time I get a wonderful 1920s musky peach with green notes that unfortunately fades into an unspectacular fruity floral after a few hours. Still, nice, but maybe not at this price point

Italo_Wolff
Italo_Wolff

Guerlain, the legendary brand French it comes once again to reinvent a smell family that it fell in the forgetfulness of the perfumery, the traditional chypre as always was, elegant, imposing and different. Most of the aromas chypre leaves us a person's of unreachable breeze sensation, bearer of a grace and impeccable discretion, the basic notes that compose the characteristic chord they don't allow exaggerations, they are simply balanced and spectacular, patchuli and rose, that can be lustered by luminous notes of bergamot or of peach and plum, with a bottom animalic or vanilic.
In the Fatal Chypre, Maison Guerlain, behind to our noses the to re-do of notes used with so much frequency in your own classic , the peach used in Mitsouko and the lewd and sexual vanilla of your Shalimar. Fatal Chypre, the impression of refined sensuality, a woman that cares as a lady passes, lady of herself, that she never let to take for conventions, rules, she destroys those way rules to them if they turn appropriate to your desires. For that reason that feminine illustration is Fatal, she knows how to destroy and to reconstruct and it takes I get the ones that they open up your extremely elegant smell.
That creation is worthy of young women goddesses of the seduction, energetic and safe than they are and of what they want. The patchuli chords involved by peach they are fresh and gourmand, a fruit aroma ripens ready to be tasted, the final bed of rose and vanilla give to the perfume the only class of Guerlain, other very interesting point in that aroma is the floral note where the rose is picked recently smoothly humid for dew.
Classic in all the senses, without being antiquated and above any sensual and extremely powerful thing, as an excellent fixation that leaves vanila vestiges and same patchuli after a whole night.

Elixir Charnel Chypre Fatal by Guerlain 3.65 out of 5 based on 66 ratings and 15 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Elixir Charnel Chypre Fatal fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Elixir Charnel Chypre Fatal, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Elixir Charnel Chypre Fatal by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Elixir Charnel Chypre Fatal by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.