Designers » F-H » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Elixir Charnel Floral Romantique Guerlain for women
dislike

nutty
Elixir Charnel Floral Romantique Guerlain for women Pictures

The fifth fragrance from the luxurious collection Elixir Charnel by Guerlain, Floral Romantique, joins the other editions in June 2011. The collection, which includes fragrances Gourmand Coquin, Chypre Fatal, Oriental Brulant and Le Boise Torrid, celebrates female sensuality in a special way, capturing its various aspects.

The woody - flowery composition of Floral Romantique, which was created by Thierry Wasser, completely justifies the name it carries. Fresh top notes of mandarin and orange lead to the core of jasmine, ylang-ylang and tiare, with additional accords of lily and carnation. Woody nuances of cedar in the base are combined with smoked tea, chestnut, ambrette and mate.

Floral Romantique comes in the signature Elixir Charnel collection bottle, available as 75 ml Eau de Parfum.

Mandarin Orange Ambrette (Musk Mallow) Petitgrain Mate

Carnation Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Tiare Flower Lily

Tea Marron glace Virginia Cedar Benzoin

Elixir Charnel Floral Romantique Fragrance Reviews

smellagent
smellagent

I blind bought this. Am not sorry. This is big white floral at the first. Fresh Jasmine and very pronounced lily dominate for the first forty minutes on me. Then I get a soft realistic white tea note. That elevates this frag for me. You still get the floral but now with the tea note too, different in a good way. The dry down is nice also with the floral still but now with a little light musk note, must be the mate, and some Marron glace that replaces the tea. I will call the rest of the notes the smooth blend notes because they do not stick out for me. I agree with others who say that there are distinct stages and imo the middle, with the floral and tea notes, is the favorite. 9/10

Peachysugarbuns
Peachysugarbuns

Floral Romantique is a fragrance the potential buyer must try on their skin before purchasing. It has many lovely stages during its "fragrance life" on the skin, but one might want to make sure they favor all of the changes first.

Floral Romantique is potent right out of the gate! Zesty and incredibly floral at first, with delicious mandarin, tea, spicy carnation and lily notes standing out, it soon settles to reveal a facet that smells like orange-flavored Lokum candies dusted with powdered sugar (I know now that could be the marron glace note.)

This fragrance is wistful and pretty, striking an easy-to-wear balance between sweet and floral; however, just when I think Floral Romantique couldn't be more feminine, it turns woody and dry and suddenly feels like a modern masculine fragrance. Cedar comes forth with a "pencil shavings" vibe, while tea leaves, ambrette, and spicy-soft qualities of white flowers make the fragrance feel generally dry and powdery instead of voluptuous and "perfume-y" like before. Then, three hours later, all of Floral Romantique disappears! I have never met a Guerlain that leaves me so quickly!

Now, would I pay $300 for Floral Romantique? My answer is no. While this fragrance is absolutely high quality it is also quite familiar in composition - a less expensive fragrance of this kind that stays more linear is what I'd choose. There are Guerlain scents I WOULD spend $300 on, but not this little changling/disappearing act.

Thesheppardswife
Thesheppardswife

The challenge with this frag is that it is so..........um....... floral.
There many other Guerlains that I desire more.
FB starts out very strong like a kicking horse but soon loses much of its strength. After a moderate time has passed, ithe frag seems to disappear. I pick up a lot of carnation and little in the way of white flowers. The white flowers are there but heavily masked by the other notes. I also pick up the scent of raspberries.

togigi
togigi

Simply indescribable beautiful fragrance.I did not expect such a beauty. It sounds as if you're in the Garden of Eden.Only sad that there are not very persistent.

sunnyinphilly
sunnyinphilly

When somebody is willing to buy something so expensive for a fragrance, he should expect something different and not the typical flowery smell in the streets.
This is a true disappointment and it shouldn't be in the exclusive line of Guerlain.
It's not that I don't like it. I just expect more from the brand and especially from Thierry Wasser!

julieekerr

follow up. smelled it again in summer it was lovely. kept going back to it. the fresh opening with nutty creaminess after half an hour then the beautiful dry down, still beautiful after 10 hours. loved it so much got a bottle on ebay. what a disappointment. Did not recognize it from sample, aged badly no top notes just jasmine lily which was lost after half an hour. if that's your experience its because the perfume has deteriorated.

julieekerr

Love guerlain limited editions however this one challenges me: it is very floral. on first application all i got was a blast of sweet peppery OTT floral, and i wanted to wash it off, however it fades into soft slightly soapy floral with a light spicy undertone. quite pretty but still not for me.

SuadKhamis
SuadKhamis

where is the smell? It fades on me within seconds hahahaha

Scentmad
Scentmad

When I tried this I thought "here we go again, another unremarkable white floral that seem to be the mainstay of every perfumery and perfumer these days" and initially, I was right. Generic, stack 'em high sell 'em for as much as they can dare to charge. So I was over it almost immediately.....

Then about two hours later I kept catching a scent in the air that really is rather delicious - clearly I realised it was the back of my hand where I sprayed the perfume and - whilst it remains a white floral, this has developed really nicely and is rather intriguing.

It isn't typical of the Guerlain perfumes I am drawn to - I'm keen on the classics - all the way and through and through, old school - Jicky, Mitsy, vol du nuit, l'h b - you know what I mean... But this, despite the typical mass-produced-for-mass-appeal-catch-all smell is pleasant, summery although not as sophisticated as modern muse or chanel mademoiselle but wearable, bright, clean and obviously as mentioned several times typically a white floral....

This is a spicy floral, nicely done, it is a warm scent, really seductive, high quality ingredients I can tell. Still I wouldn't pay the exorbitant price tag for it, it has a bit of a classic edge, it is in the line of Rouge or Trouble by Boucheron .Thinking of it, it reminds me a bit of Idylle, but they have the same great nose behind their creation.I detect mostly the lily, on some smokey wood notes, subtle though. If you love Guerlain , this is a great scent. It seem to warm up on the skin also.
I still think brunettes can carry it better than blondes, like most Guerlain scents. It is a bit too big, too femme fatale for my taste.

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

I think this is great. I'm not a huge fan of floral, but of course I had to try this Guerlain. The mandarin and orange is what does it for me.

Opening for me is: Orange, Tea
Then Tea and Jasmine
After that its mostly orange, tea and jasmine w/ a subtle woody (cedar MAYbe?) and then if I really concentrate, lily. I wish the carnation stood out more. It would add a little kick. The tiare feels a little thick.

I'm into spicy orange these days, so this one tripped my trigger. Not sure I'd spring for the entire bottle, considering the price... but I might pop this into my sample purchases on occasion to keep it around.

jubal
jubal

My favorite of the Elixir Charnels, it is a perfect blend of floral, woods and a beautiful musk. The lasting power is terrific and I find myself sniffing my arm over and over again to get that 'hit' this beauty delivers. Husband loves me to wear it! I have a decant but a full bottle will be on my Christmas wishlist.

teddito
teddito

This is the first Guerlain from the Elixir line I truely dislike.
It lacks the depth of the other Elixirs and is an ordinary floral .Only the opening is more interesting with prominent notes of lily and jasmine, a little grassy and green.Very fast it turns to soapy musky floral ans stays so until it fades away.
I am very disappointed as I was so eager to test and judging by the notes I expected a better creation.At the same time I am happy I save myself lots of money for a full bottle.So please test before you buy!

CavyQueen
CavyQueen

I just purchased this perfume at Saks. It is beautiful! It is labeled as a floral, but there is a sensual side to it. It starts out with the orange top note and then the orange wears down and you get the floral notes. Lastly, the musk and holly peak through. It drove me crazy when I wore it to work on Friday. I kept smelling myself, which creeped some people out. However, I am a huge perfume junkie and sniff myself all day, everyday. I highly recommend this fragrance if you want a muti-dimensional floral.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Elixir Charnel Floral Romantique fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Guerlain Elixir Charnel Floral Romantique, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Elixir Charnel Floral Romantique by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Elixir Charnel Floral Romantique by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.