Designers » F-H » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin Guerlain for women
dislike

cacao
rum
Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin Guerlain for women Pictures Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin Guerlain for women Pictures

Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin by Guerlain is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin was launched in 2008. Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin was created by Christine Nagel and Sylvaine Delacourte. The fragrance features spices, vanilla, dark chocolate, rum, cacao, pepper and rose.

Spices Vanilla Dark Chocolate Rum Cacao Pepper Rose

Rose Praline

Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin Fragrance Reviews

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

Love at first sniff! So many notes that I loved all swirled together into one perfume. What an addicting, interesting scent. I think one of the reviewers below me said it best with "feminine gluttony in a bottle" - that is definitely the case here.

This certainly strikes me as the most romantic fragrance in my collection - I would definitely only pull this one out for special occasions, maybe even a wedding day fragrance! (Edit - Heh, LIES! I can't help but wear this all the time.)

The first spray opens up with chocolate, a VERY realistic rose - so real, it's almost as if you can imagine your skin blooming into the actual flower, and a minty-rum mixture. These three components are present at the same time, and you can smell each one individually, but transition together so well that they do not clash. As the fragrance softens, you get a little more spice (cinnamon buns!) and vanilla thrown in.

Edit: After about a week straight of wearing this fragrance (Addicted, I swear.) I notice there is a strawberry note in the opening & heart along with the rose, and boozy chocolate. So half of the time I get a very realistic rose, and half the time I get a berry, candy rose.

The sillage is on the softer side, and the longevity leaves a little bit to be desired for the price. I only get about 5-7 hours wear-time out of this one! Still an immediate favorite.

june7rose
june7rose

Not what I was expecting! Based on the ingredients I expected to love this. But it's 50% yummy chocolate that fades pretty quickly, and 50% some random old lady perfume. I think maybe it's the pepper that's bugging me. Given the price tag, I'm glad to not be crazy about this one. I pretty much had seekritdude's experience with it.

Pepperflower
Pepperflower

Feminine gluttony in a bottle. white chocolate&rum at full force when smelling this, even from afar. I then get lots of roses, I also get the faintest hint of pepper and I get no spices to my nose. This does not change or seem like it gets weaker, it last for hours on end. This perfect for woman in life that's never satified, who always says "more", thats both a bit cruel and sweet. I feel full after smelling this. Truly "a treat for the senses", but it is still beautiful and elegant. Wonderul work of art by Guerlain.

seekritdude
seekritdude

I was excited to try this because of some of the comparisons to montales chocolate greedy. And luckly enough a SA at the guerlian counter gave me a nice decant of this... Sadly chocolate is one of the last things that I got out of this.

The first blast of it, is strange, but interesting. It resembles something almost exactly that unfortunately continues to escape me but as soon as I do ill update this...

However after that I get 4-5 hours of spice and pepper. Man this was not kind to my skin. It did not work at all. Very little chocolate or vanilla. This is potentially very offensive, even if I enjoyed the smell I would be hard pressed to pay hundreads of dollars for something that I know might turn others off.

Once it finally dries down it has less of a kick to it and is more enjoyable, and intresting but I wouldnt say I like it either. I did get a fair amount of rose in this, but I didnt find this even close to being to feminine to being unwearable by a man at all. In the end the novelty of the smell is there for me, its different, but for 4-5 hours the mix of really bothers me.

I wish I got anything close to what other reviews were but I did not. Ill save my decant and maybe come back to it, or give it to a gf and pray it works better on her skin.

raw umber
raw umber

Guerlain's ECGC opens with a "chocolate-scented lip balm" accord, which quickly dries down to a soft yet present, smoldering shimmering rum spice sweetness with a typical Guerlain powdery finish. The beginning is waxy, the middle is a heat mirage in the desert, and the final stage is the smell of the outside of a ganache-filled truffle.
This is largely a skin scent with no projection to speak of after two hours but I could still smell it on me after 10 hours.
So is this Guerlain-does-a-chocolate-scent worth its 200 something price tag?
To me, definitely not. It's very tastefully done, but there are some perfumes I obsess over, and this will not be one of them. Its goodness is apparent but it just wasn't love for me. I might buy some cocoa lip balm though..
Hats off to the duty free shop in the Istanbul airport where I tried this. You Fragranticans were right. It's incredible.

jbells
jbells

I'm sampling this out of a dab vial, so I might be missing some notes.

It's actually a bit challenging for me to try to describe this because while I've read all the raves about this, I never expected it to be this good and this edible! The only thing I really want to say is that good golly it's so yummy!

But oh my goodness. This is one heck of a gourmand. Right out of the vial I smell a strong milky chocolate, and that's exactly how it translates onto my skin! There's this chocolate cafe in Krakow, Poland that sells *the* best chocolate drinks in town - straight up melted chocolate in a cup in all its rich wonder. That's exactly what I taste in my mouth when I dab on Gourmand Coquin. There's also some vanilla in the mix, and little spice and pepper thing going on much closer to the skin.

It does become a tad boozy but still sooo chocolatey. At this stage it reminds me of a very watered-down version of the alcoholic drink Baileys. Something in it also reminds me of caffeine, I checked the notes and it says tea? So maybe that's it.

Basically, if you like yummy frags and rich, rich chocolate and vanilla, at least get a tiny bit of this to sample. It's lovely and so easy to wear!

Projection is quite decent, not enough to kill a room of people on me, but noticeable. Lasting power was quite good too. I stopped keeping count at 6 hours.

AnnBerg
AnnBerg

I had high expectations and was not disappointed. It smells absolutely lovely of chocolate, vanilla, spices and rum. It is sweet and spicy but still elegant and sophisticated. It makes you feel warm and cozy and it is so yummie. All my other perfumes feels boring now in comparison to my precious. I am in love and cant stop smelling it. Perfume heaven!

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

I had high expectations for this one after all the glowing reviews. Yes, it is very nice. I got a 1mL sample at a very expensive price from The Perfumed Court, and wore it fully for the first time today. The top notes smelled of vanilla and gourmande notes (which I love), but there was also a rotting fruit accord that 'graced' the top and middle notes. After a few hours, the drydown arrived, the unpleasant note disappeared and the vanilla was magnified- lovely! Would I buy more samples or a full bottle? No. I definitely enjoyed the soft-to-moderate sillage, long lasting power (12 hours), and the vanilla in this perfume, but there are other gourmande perfumes that I am saving up to buy (i.e. Indult Tihota, Profumo Omnia Madera).

P.S. for spicy and pepper haters, you can't smell these notes at all- these notes stick out on me and I couldn't smell them on myself.

Sweetfragrance
Sweetfragrance

Wow just wow. I just got as my mother's day gift as a blind buy thanks to all of the amazing reviews and I am soo happy!! Initial smell I get a burst of chocolate and cinnamon followed by the sweet rum and finally it settles to a soft spice. I love how light this scent is, not overpowering but yet I still can smell it an arms length away. No regrets with this beauty. Thank you fragranticans for your amazing reviews. I am a proud owner now of my very own Guerlain and I am so happy!!
Edit: I smell the Vanilla in the drydown and it is just wow!!. No Regret Spending the money on this beauty!!

Germany
Germany

Extremely delicious treat
Yes this stuff is expensive but in my opinion its worth it for any gourmand lover. I have had many gourmands and this is really one of the best for sure. For all the chocolate lovers out there , without any cheap or vulgar feel. Sweet yes, but natural sweet. Gourmand sweet rather than candy sweet. A different caliber , nothing you can compare this too. Ok chocolate greedy would be the simpler version of this, chocolate greedy is more flat , more like real chocolate or a brownie. Gourmand Coquin is more like the smell of a pastry house in Europe, a place that has the best cappuccinos and the most delicious gourmand treats , this in fact is what Gourmand Coquin smells like; A small, expensive CAFE in Paris , with delicious rum balls and the smell of hot cholocolate and cappuccino in the air.
Gourman Coquin last all day on me, its a loud perfume and very feminine. I love it.

TattooGypsy
TattooGypsy

UPDATE: I couldn't resist, and I bought a full bottle! All my other perfumes smell like garbage compared to this juice! It's just divine, and I love it.

I received my sample vial of this perfume last week. I can say without hesitation, this is the best thing I have ever smelled in my life!! (be it perfume, food, or whatever) It smells amazing! There is nothing about this perfume that I dislike. Damn, now I have to buy a bottle! LOL

I concur with other reviewers, that this fragrance is 'haunting' in that I get 'ghost whiffs' of this scent even though I haven't even applied it and only smelled my precious vial! All of a sudden I can smell it out of nowhere like nose memory! It's calling to me! LOL

Although I am trying to save my sample, I did have to try this on my skin to make sure it worked with my chemistry, and it's just gorgeous from first dab, to drydown, to hours later! I just love it! It lasts very long and 're-activates' with a little body heat! Projection might not be that good, but it's hard to gauge given I don't have a spray and have only been able to dab it. I adore this perfume! Don't sample it unless you can afford to buy a bottle, trust me!

glorious1

Very nice fragrance. To me it is a little too sweet. If and when I purchase a whole bottle of a Guerlain exclusive there are others I prefer. Cuir Beluga or Angelique Noir?

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

I decided to delete my old comment and update since i have had more time with the fragrance and can properly give you my thoughts of the fragrance fairly over all for those deciding whether this is worth the almost 280 dollars you will be spending on this and i think that is worth the consideration.

I just couldn't wait to buy this..it is higly recommended here and i thank those who helped me to find it because it is worthy to be sniffed for sure it is the best smelling fragrance i have smelled outside of my Vintage Poison yet. This fragrance and the meaning of it will be much more clearer to you as to why this fragrance was made or why it reacts the way it does. Cause with the french name your not going to understand the whole impression of this fragrance unless you have asked or studied to find out. Gourmand Coquin was purposefully made to be a sensual, seductive close to the skin scent..that is part of the translation to it. That's right close to the skin. Most know its for the mischievous, fearless and charming woman but most don't know its suppose to be a seductive close to the skin scent. So when you feel like why is this not a beast that was it's intention as it is drying down. Chocolovers is more brash yet delicious. There is no brashness in this,it is completely smooth chocolate the whole way through. And if you have smelled Shalimar this will be a wonderful treat for you because it does have an essence of Shalimar to this. Not like to be cheated thinking oh this is just another Shalimar but you can sense her in here. The quality reminds me a bit of Tom Fords Tobacco Vanille because that is boozy too,but not exactly. This comes off smoother than that but TV is still nice i really want to get that one.

The first stage of the top notes are:
Have you ever had the chocolate liquor candies where it's wrapped in foil and it's in the shape of a champagne bottle and you open it up and its delicious chocolate but once you bite into it there is liquor inside of it depending on which flavor of liquor you want? This is chocolate covered cherry liquor. I don't know how they made it smell exactly like the candy without any harshness but they did. The liquor is just as strong as when you bite into one of those liquor candies it is very present. Like a cherried rum. Very rich and real. This is exactly what it is like when you spray it. But then as you chew the chocolate and it melts in your mouth then the chocolate becomes more noticeable than the liquor. The essence of Shalimar appears a bit..It does not have the orange that i smell in chocolovers this is more of the cherried Chocolate but you can totally smell both and you can smell spices to it..it comes off as rich chocolate vanilla too but it's totally chocolate like when you make a cake and you put some rum and cinnamon in it or it even smells like bailey's or even i dare say like egg nog. This is absolutely fantastic scent wise. Could be a total Christmas scent too. This scent right here has pushed me to even think about getting Montale's Chocolate Greedy. I am smitten by Chocolate. I don't know if Greedy will be brash in comparison to this but just for the intense chocolate affect i may just get it anyways.

Sad update.. So i was spraying a lot to over compensate this fragrance because i felt like i wasn't able to smell it much anymore after the first day like the juice had calmed down alot..that can happen with fragrances once opened.the scent is amazing its just the performance i question...yup tried it again maybe 2 hours max..ridiculous for the price and the scent is orgasmic but a huge let down in performance..skin scent or not i expected more for the price..and i took a break to see if my nose needed to readjust and tried it again to be fair but got the same results..awesome scent the best scent there is out there since i have tried Vintage Poison..but for me not worth the high price tag because the sillage and longevity is not strong enough for the price..if i were you decant this or split this...I suppose i will have to stick to my favorite Vintage Poison as once again nothing has been able to surpass its greatness in not only scent but performance as well...The scent in Coquin far surpassed Poison but the performance didn't for me in the past.I'm still praying though..Performance plus superior scent is so key to me..i must have both to justify my purchase no matter how much i spend..well especially for higher end fragrances that cost this much at least...can you tell i am disappointed?
This is ridiculous but for those with performance issues with some prayer & spraying your clothes on your shoulders where the scent is closer to your nose you can actually smell this and for longer...at least its better than nothing.

cake n' cuddles
cake n' cuddles

I've been really shy to review this one. There are so many great reviews already, I know a lot of gourmand lovers view this one as the golden goose.
Point blank, gourmand coquin is the most expensive perfume I've ever owned. I kid you not, I agonized for 2 years over whether or not to buy it. I don't have anything else close is the category expense wise, because quite simply nothing else has seemed worth it. But here I am with my half full bottle I got from a split, opening it up 3 months before my birthday to use because I simply can't wait.
Today I decided to make this one my signature. I'm worried people will judge me, thinking I just want something fancy. Honestly though it was a big debate between this one and flowerbomb for the top spot, so I really am not el brand snobbo over here.
To put it simply, I just feel like gourmand coquin IS me. I've felt this way a while, not to be arrogant, I can always share :P. My name is Rose, not rose-mary, but Rose Cheri and I am a bonafide chocolate gourmand freak. Ask anyone haha. I also love rum, it's my drink of choice. Even the idea behind gourmand coquin "woman-child" fits me. Bah, it's just so perfect.
But about the smell because this is a review! I am getting sentimental over here. This is a pure velvety rose with deep dark chocolate. The rum is captain morgan, nice and spicy. This fragrance is made BEAUTIFUL it bellows off the body like a warm wafting rose cocoa explosion. It's gorgeous, it's sexy, it's playful, it's awesome-sauce. The scent is powerful and kind of "goes up my nose" when I smell the sprayer and I can smell it again randomly a few minutes after smelling the sprayer. It's very intoxicating, and while I hate the price tag, I can't deny it will be a repeat purchase.

TeeTeeRarr
TeeTeeRarr

This smells like a unique sophisticated cocoa butter that would be worn by royalty! I LOVE this scent! It is not sugary or sickeningly sweet. I love how the rum breaks up the dark chocolate. It has just the right amount of everything- booze, sweetness, etc. The smoke is more of an impression than an actual presence. I don't find it spicy. That aspect is very muted. This perfume is warm and cuddly and sexy all at the same time! It's nothing like you think it is. I have tried so many chocolate scents and nothing smells like this beauty.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

I'ave had this for a few years, and have had backups! Yes, that's how much I love it! I will never be without a bottle of this. This is one of the most exquisite fragrances I have. There are few from this line that are absolutely hits for me. Asian Brulant and Angelique Noire are also hits on me. Some of the others, I have tried do not work on me. I haven't tried all of them, but oh my goodness this is absolutely so rich, creamy and boozy dreamy with dusts of the richest chocolate. I thought I had wrote a review, but I hadn't. If you can, give this a try. There is nothing else like it out there. Oh, there a few lower priced chocolate ones out there, but this one just smells so rich and creamy, high quality. Love love love! Think I'll wear it today!

born for shalimar

Anyone inerested i exchanging my full bottle of coqine for a full bottle of oriental brulant

born for shalimar

Im so disapointed with this perfume.i wanted it for so long and now iv bought s full bottle all i cam smell is smoke,chocolate and smoke.i wish i jad listened to a friend who knows this perfume and advisede not to buy.anyone wont to swop or buy a brand new bottle of coquin for oriental brulant or a good vanille perfume.make your offer, no more blind buys for me.i trying to console myself by hoping ill grow to like it.this is a perfume for the individual what i mean is it can only satisfy the i individual and not those around.its a personl fragrance and im sure nobody would compliment me .i do t wont choc and smoke .i want a sweet smelling fragrance alluring and this doesnt fullfill my needs.i thought i would love it but its to gormand for me.listen to wisdom.i dont.many love this fragrance,i dont

hanson26
hanson26

This might sound crazy, but you know what this reminds me of? Cinnamon rolls from Ikea. Yep. And you know what's even crazier? Apparently I'd fork over hundreds of dollars to smell like Ikea cinnamon rolls. I freaking LOVE this.

lcommisso
lcommisso

I broke down and bought this after I read all the positive reviews and because it is beauty week at Neiman Marcus (free gifts galore!). This smells like rum raisin bread pudding, but the fanciest rum raisin bread pudding you've ever had.

I sprayed it once, but am saving the next spritz when I hit one of my mini-goals for my New Years resolution. I think this should smell even more amazing in the warmer weather.

I can't stop smelling my wrist!

LookGoodSmellBetter
LookGoodSmellBetter

Simply put, I'd hump this bottle!!!

laurie047
laurie047

I bought it based on online reviews, and I felt sooooo nervous because it costs so much!

When I sprayed it on my wrist for the first time, I sniffed it and I couldnt make up my mind about how I felt about it. But I kept sniffing my wrists and couldnt help smiling! Not exaggerating but I truly couldnt keep smiling.

So yummy, warm, and sweet! Love it!

shivers33
shivers33

I don't write often perfume reviews, although, I enjoy reading other people's written expressions, confessions, descriptions, impressions, and sometimes just complete nonsense. Gourmand Coquin has managed to bring me to that state of internal urgency to share my thoughts with you fellow fanatics :-) And what state that is, oh, bliss, oh pleasure, and forgive me all, but no judgment, whatsoever! Yes, there is chocolate, yes, there is rose, there is rum and pepper, but non of the ingredients would matter, if they were not blended with so much artistry! If you ever thought of yourself as a hedonist, you have to try Gourmand Coquin! This is by far my favorite blind buy! Thanks to you, fellow members!

cacraine
cacraine

This won't be a popular review, but to me it smells like a chocolatey Avon Skin So Soft. It doesn't smell bad but it definitely isn't worth what it costs to me.

agentj
agentj

I want to smell this perfume so badly that I'm going to pay for a decant from "surrender to chance"...I am really after the experience of trying new and rare perfumes as much as I am about finding ones that I will love, so I'm looking at this gathering of scents as a journey of learning and enjoyment. Even if it's only through a moment's sniff of an amazing perfume/scent, that's what I want. It's the neophile in me I guess...collecting experiences. And, I love that I get to come back here and add my personal impressions to those of you who appreciate what I have to add. What fun this is;-)

Vanessa Dunlap
Vanessa Dunlap

What on Earth is in this?! Everything in this perfume screams "Jump back, I can't hardly get next to myself!" it is such an (almost) out-of-body experience. I can only feebly describe this: chocolate, vanilla, rum, rose, tea with the finest sugar and cream, cinnamon, and who knows what else...but it all intertwines so beautifully I can't really say "what" it is exactly that I'm smelling, it is so heavenly! It lingers around me all day but doesn't overwhelm me or others, and I have received many compliments. I stay in a good mood all day, when I wear this. It got a big thumbs up from my husband; he agrees with me that this one is worth every penny ($260). It is. The bottle is beautiful and I even kept the box (a very classy box). This one should be proud to call itself a Guerlain. And I am proud to own it, and I will always have a bottle of this. So far, this is the only Guerlain I can wear. I've tried Mitsouko, L'Heure Bleu and Shalimar EDP (all of these are the modern versions) and I cannot wear them. I have a vintage bottle of Shalimar eau de cologne from the 1960s and it still (as it did when I was a teenager and wore it occasionally in the 1970s) coexists warily on my skin at first, but then after a little while settles down into the glowing vanilla musky with a wee touch of moss scent that remains on my skin for the rest of the day (though very close); I think this is what is decribed as the Guerlainade? I have always loved and admired the House of Guerlain and even if Gourmand Coquin isn't "old school", I'm so very grateful that with it, I can finally hitch a ride onto the Guerlain train! I must tell you, if you live in the US, that the Guerlain Boutique in Las Vegas, NV has been such a blessing and a life-line for me! They have the largest selection of Guerlain fragrances in the US, they know their stuff, and everything is authentic. They are my Guerlain connection! I love Gourmand Coquin! Magic.

tiffingirl
tiffingirl

Husband says this reminded him of Old Jamaica chocolate and Rum and Raisin ice cream :)

MarillaV
MarillaV

What a beauty! When I received my decant in the mail, I was so excited and this little gem did not disappoint. My first time wearing it, I was reminded of the film Marie Antoinette with Kirsten Dunst. In the movie, Marie Antoinette has a perfectly gorgeous room absolutely stocked with all kinds of sweets. There is chocolate candy and French pasties smelling of vanilla. The room is also full of flowers and perhaps a glass or two of alcohol ;). This perfume captures that feeling of elegance and decadence perfectly. No one note outshines another, but instead they are masterfully blended.

I wore this scent for days after first receiving it and am still haunted by its sheer beauty. I cannot imagine being without it now and am already planning on getting my hands on more of it. I think it is one of the best gourmands I have smelled to date and am completely smitten. The price is crazy ridiculous, but what can I do, I am in love.

Eos
Eos

Gourmand Coquin has a gorgeous opening: bitter and sweet, floral and woody. Its a floralized chocolate candy symphony of undeniable deliciousness.

The heart and dry down, while also gorgeous, does not have the same chocolatey facets of the opening. Instead what I smell is mostly a candied rose/Turkish delight with a boat load of Coumarin and Heliotropin. These last two notes contribute just a smidge of a plasticy and powdery smell that I actually find quite delightful. Its a delicate, overtly feminine scent. I don't get truly discernible notes of rum, pepper or spices. The sweetness and texture of the scent reminds me a lot of marshmallows.

Overall, this is a very lovely scent and one that I found full bottle worthy despite its lack of chocolate after the opening notes fade. Does it smell edible? Sure, but its not purely chocolate, its more of a fluffy, floral-marshmallow with a thin chocolate coating. Delicious, all the same!

ETA: my husband says it smells like cotton candy.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

This is the epitome of "gourmand". It starts with a rich, boozy chocolate and vanilla, and yes, the spices and rose are there too. It's like smelling a Christmas rum punch and a chocolate fondue together! After about an hour I found that the chocolate faded a little and the vanilla became more prominent, but fickle girl that I am I am finding that after 4-5 hours I am tiring of it a little. I definitely don't think it is a workplace scent, in close confines it could be almost cloying, especially in warm weather. I'm VERY glad to have sampled this because I was mightily tempted to blind buy it, but I don't think I will go the full bottle, may get a nice big decant though. I think I actually prefer Montale's Chocolate Greedy as it is a slightly less sweet chocolate. I also think the best chocolate I ever smelled was the sadly discontinued and sorely missed Crabtree & Evelyn Shimmering Cacao Body Mist, now THERE was a beauty....

It is certainly a most exquisite creation, and deserving of all the rave reviews and of the Guerlain label and the price tag.

PinoiPerfumista
PinoiPerfumista

To my nose, this is a sophisticated version of Montale's Chocolate Greedy. To make an analogy, the Montale is like screaming for attention and unfortunately, men are not interested to look at since it is very vulgar. Meantime, Gourmand Coquin is a beautiful but simple woman who, despite being quiet at the corner minding her own business is able to make her presence felt that men will notice, curious to know more about her, and build their confidence before approaching her to ask for her name.

If you want a gourmand scent which is sophisticated, unique, classy but can be worn with a white long sleeves and a pair of faded jeans, this Guerlain is for you.

Jenge
Jenge

I was very fortunate to find a decant of this for a good price! This is my 3rd time wearing it, so I will review.

I smell soft, chocolaty rose for the first half hour or so. The rest of the time I smell a perfect French eclair dipped in chocolate glaze. I can't smell rum or spices, just high quality vanilla and chocolate. The scent is long lasting but SO soft and close. It's not overwhelming or sickening at all.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of die-hard fans, I have to say I think this is a very pretty scent, but no way worth the nearly $400 I saw it listed for on Amazon. I almost think it smells like a children's perfume. I know chocolate is a difficult scent to capture, and this does it well, but not $400 well imo.

Edit: Got this beauty for my 20th wedding anniversary. (Not from Amazon!) It really is delectable. I think I was expecting the rum to make me feel tipsy, but it's a smooth, high quality rum that doesn't knock you out. Germany's review above explains the scent so well with the Paris cafe/patisserie comparison! Exactly.

aimeeblau
aimeeblau

This is my favorite scent of all time. I would caution this though -- Don't try it unless you have the $$ to buy it! Otherwise it will haunt your dreams. I wanted it for months until my husband bought it for me as a wedding gift. I wear it on special occasions when I want to remember our wedding day and night. It is a sexy, delicious, true gourmand fragrance.

Worth every penny!

GlobalGirlyGirl
GlobalGirlyGirl

This is the Grand Dame of gourmands. It's perfect for those of us who are over 40. Sweet in a sensual way. It is lovely for the office because it's not obnoxious in any way.

Guerlain combined the dewy freshness of a rose, the richness of chocolate, and the warmth of vanilla and rum, impeccably. I expected nothing less than perfection from this House, and I wasn't disappointed.

Gourmand Coquin is my new signature. Sillage is good. I can even smell it sometimes when it's next to me on the nightstand. Longevity is about 8 hours on me. I can still smell it on my wrists at the end of the day. It dries down very warm and stays close to the skin.

Expensive but worth every penny. Since I was a litle girl, my papa said I had "champagne" taste. It is what it is.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

Oh, to fall head over heels in love...This is gorgeous from start to finish. No rough edges...no difficult moments that you have to wait through. This is boozy and beautifully blended rich dark chocolate with a hint of spice right out of the bottle. The vanilla??? Beautiful, rich, luscious vanilla!!! The floral note is soft and gorgeous and just tickles your nose ever so slightly. This beauty is luscious and decadent to be sure!!!! So very sexy!!! Femme fatale??? No!!! Tooth ache??? Nope!!!

This is luxury pure and simple...Charmeuse silk, rich silk velvet, Tahitian pearls and Louboutin heels kind of sexy!!! I would roll around in this gorgeous stuff if I could!!!! Absolutely, positively without a doubt full bottle worthy!!!!!

Oh, btw...I did try to find a less expensive version last year when I could not imagine dropping $250 on a bottle of perfume. I'm sorry to say nothing compares. If I absolutely had to give a suggestion (although they do fail in comparison) I might suggest Molinard's Tendre Friandise or Fleur de Chocolat.

If you have the means, trust me this is sooooo worth it!!!!

Zeldado
Zeldado

I've had my sample for a while now trying to use it sparingly, mostly before going to bed which is really a waste of this beautiful perfume. Today I put it on first thing, for the first few hours I get wafts coming up the rose, spice not so much the rum but when it settles down its chocolate soft and cosy. I have other chocolate perfumes but this is in a league of its own. 12 hours since spraying it on this morning I can still get that comforting chocolate when I sniff. I have to get a bottle of this before my sample runs out .

Lauralee77
Lauralee77

Just got a sample of this. Very interesting indeed! It reminds me of Turkish delight and this is most definitely a good thing. It goes on smooth as silk there is nothing cloying or brash it's just pure chocolatey goodness in the best possible way. I keep smelling my wrist. If a full bottle was available to buy it would be mine. Love this. There is something reminiscent of Gloria, that smooth gourmand that lingers and invites you in. But Gloria is more praline and this is more chocolate.
Edited to add-- You know what this reminds me of more than Turkish Deligh?I just worked it out lol it smells just like Neapolitan icecream to me.

sally.shotwell
sally.shotwell

Oh my!! After over a year of sampling hundreds of fragrances and many many fun hours spent here on Fragrantica..this is IT!! I have finally found my new HG signature perfume. I cannot add to the beautiful reviews of this delectable juice that are already here. I would just like to say..Please, Guerlain, please, don't ever discontinue this treasure. I want to spend the rest of my life enveloped in a luscious cloud of Gourmand Coquin! Ahhhhhhhhh...when I wear this, I feel deliciously feminine! What a masterpiece!!

Marli1973
Marli1973

Just arrived...opening the lovely box, spraying few times to get a good feeling of the fragrance:
first impression: holly smoky - something burned!
then: sweet creamy and conforting but very subtle/soft.
I was expecting a poweful juice, but It does not scream to you. Classy and quality as you expect from Guerlain.
Delicious...
It has indeed satisfied my cravings and I think I found what I was looking for...mmmm indeed!

Roge'
Roge'

If my arms were teeth, they would have cavities. Im all about gourmands and sweet scents....because this is marketed for women, I tried purposely to not like this. Well, that didn't work. Not only did i like this fragrance but i purchased it as well.

chocolate2013
chocolate2013

Tell me please, where could I buy it ? I need it desperately :-)

charlottesmom

My husband bought me 5ml decant of GECGC and now I'm not so sure about it. It is the same smell as in Epcot but perhaps the heat bring out the cocoa more as it was chilly (50 degrees) out today and there seemed to be more rum than cocoa. I wore it single all day then layered it with Pink Sugar for night time and I really like it that way. I am totally going to layer it with Angel as I have always been disappointed that the chocolate in Angel rarely ever shows up on me. ECGC also doesn't seem terribly long lasting on me compaired to other Guerlains, Shalimar sticks through a shower! I get about 4 hours out of ECGC and it is pretty close to the body as far as sillage goes, maybe a foot of projection. All in all I guess it was worth the $35.00 he laid out for it.

Sillage: 3/5 very close to the skin with a bit of projection but not much.

Longevity: 3/5 about 4 hours.

Price: $260.00 per 2 1/2 oz.

Overall: I really like this perfume and am saving for a bottle, I really like it layered with Pink Sugar and may try layering it with Lavanila's Pure Vanilla.

charlottesmom

On our vacation to Disney World I was reading about the World Showcase countries in a guide book I have and found that France had a Guerlain shop in France, a pure dream to a perfume junkie such as myself. Unfortunatly it was Roasting hot today to a northerner so my brain was toasted by the time we made it to France. I did get my brain in order enough to get a spritz of this lovely gem on my wrist and a paper tester spritz. On me this is very linear, it has not changed from the spritz at 10:30 this morning to now (9:00 pm) it is still dectable, so the longevity is awesome! The perfume itself was not worth the hefty price tag, though had I loved it the husband was bound to splurge for me. It actually smelled like Angel does on me at times, very cocoa, spicy chocolatey, nice, smooth and inoffensive. I can not justify the cost but this is a very nice scent and would love to recieve it as a gift.

Longevity: 5/5 lasts a looooooong time!
Sillage: 4/5 seems very close to the skin a scent for the husband or boyfriend to savor!
Overall: very very nice but a pinch on the pocketbook and pretty difficult to obtain as far as I can tell. I am persuing a sample from theperfumedcourt. :0)

whiteharmony
whiteharmony

This is my current absolute favorite scent. I like to wear different ones too much to declare a signature, but this has been my comfort scent ever since I was lucky enough to get this at a Guerlain boutique recently.

Chocolate is a huge weakness for me and Gourmand Coquin, to my fairly untrained nose, carries the scent of the most luxurious chocolate with perhaps a bit of hazelnut and dash of cinnamon. I can't pick out the rose note separately, although the fragrance is so much smoother and richer than just plain chocolate. On my dry skin, it wears well as a pretty linear fragrance, lasting longer than most others I have tried. I like to spray it once every couple of days on my nightgown or pillow because I enjoy falling asleep to that scent (and because it lasts at least a couple of days on fabric).

I've tried to find another less expensive chocolate scented perfume that I could love as much as this one (and save some money next time I go to buy), but this one has spoiled me completely.

ilovemacchiato
ilovemacchiato

I really love this scent - warm and chocolately. But, I wish it lasted longer!!!! I have a decant of this, and I will be so sad when I use it all up, but I can not buy a full bottle because the scent evaporates within one hour of applying

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

"Did you just have a great piece of chocolate spiced cake? It had to be delicious as it smells wonderful." This is exactly how this fragrance is. It smells spicy rich chocolate, sweet, delicious and most certainly a delightful and playful fragrance to wear. I bet some girls would love to smell it on their guys as much as they wear it themselves.

finanna
finanna

On me, Gourmand Coquin is quite linear, unobtrusive fragrance with good sillage. I haven’t yet decided whether it is a bit ‘meh’ or exquisitely crafted soft vanilla, but it is very difficult to imagine anyone getting irritated. Although it is noticeable and long-lasting, it does not feel like you are wearing a projection bomb. Rather, you are surrounded by beautiful and calming orientalish aura. Compliments galore!

The general impression to me is calmness and relaxation, not opulence. I wore this when I needed to relax or for work when I had stressful meetings. I am afraid this falls to the B+ category: Definitely enjoyable, but not sure if I want to splash this much on an almost love-definitely like fragrance. My review is based on using up a 5ml decant.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

Creamy cocoa and spice, slightly reminds me of Blue Agava and Cocoa, minus the floral notes. There is a prominent liqueur note, like in liqueur-infused chocolates. Very well done.

shinkku
shinkku

I want this so, so hard...but is too much expensive :( Gingerbread Elixir (smells like Christmas) mmmmm

nicolel
nicolel

I purchased a number of chocolate-based samples. This was the most expensive out of the batch, so my expectations were high. I have had and Montale Chocolate Greedy on one wrist and this Guerlain on the other for the last six hours and while true chocolateyness comes through on the Montale the Guerlain is nearly non-existant. The drydown has been fairly linear. The "spice" note on me comes off as powdery, not spicy. My wrist smells like a luxury brand bottle of baby powder or baby lotion, it reminds me of a higher quality Johnsons Baby Powder or Lotion-type product. After the first 20 minutes, the Guerlain is unrecognizable as a gourmand to me. And while the Montale is chocolatey, the citrus note is sharper and plasticy more than I want. It seems that every chocolate scent is either weighed down by powder, citrus, red fruit or even lavender... sigh. My search continues for a chocolately cream scent with a musk or woodsy base.

leeyah87
leeyah87

A sweet chocolate laced with pepper and "hot" spices - reminds me of gingerbread. I was expecting Gourmand Coquin to be a rich cocoa scent like Montale Chocolate Greedy and CSP Amour de Cacao, but instead it smells thin and the chocolate is barely there (think of how Serendipitous would smell with a spicy kick). The pepper and spices make it smell like a holiday home scent. I can totally see this scent as a BBW Christmas candle. Not worth the $270 price tag. If you are looking for a cocoa scent, your money would be better spent on the CSP or Montale.

yunvme
yunvme

I would love to try a sample of this. Anyone know where I can find a reliable decant of this?

Aroussa
Aroussa

I can't smell anything than cocoa here, try as I might... Delicious, inviting, warm....Swiss Miss, anyone? Will try again and report back!

bcoops
bcoops

holy crap what an opening!!!!! I dont care I'm a dude I'm rocking this stuff tomorrow!......this is not overly sweet at all...this juice is a sophisticated gourmand, just think of bricks of the finest chocolate surrounding u, not Hershey's but real elegant stuff.

Listen ...the price tag is not all that bad considering what u are getting....this is EDP niche quality juice(in my book) that you wont have to use to much of and will last a good while. Guerlain continues to prove to me time and time again why they are at the top the game..

This frag doesn't scream I'm chocolate eat me...its subtle, like someone said in another review and I couldn't agree more that its a seducer....it will get people creeeping around you trying to figure what smells so unbelievable

lmktacwa
lmktacwa

I adore this scent. The reviews here are spot on. It is beautiful. I have newly discovered a less expensive version of this in Anne Pliska! Anne Pliska starts out smelling like Kenzo Flower Oriental/Coco Chanel, moves into a CK Obsession phase, but quickly develops into the most beautiful version of Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin by Guerlain. Simply amazing, just as this fragrance is. GOD I love my vanilla orientals! But I think I'll spend my money on the Anne Pliska for daily wear, and keep my precious Guerlain for special events!

ahh.x
ahh.x

When i saw the amazing reviews on this I had to have it, it sounded like the perfect perfume.! So I ordered a $12 sample & yess it is a very nice, long lasting perfume that has found a near perfect balance of gourmand BUT i think the reviews on here made My Expectations a little too high.

Although it is a great, well balanced perfume it's still missing that WOW factor that i was expecting.. I would not call it intoxicating or spell-binding.. which is where I would justify that $270 price tag.
My advise: Order a sample before investing a small fortune. Everybody is different.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I just got this perfume today and I ripped open the box from Bergdorf. I was a bit worried I wouldn't like it as it wasn't cheap, but I was not disappointed. This is going to be my new sigature scent I can tell. It is definitely Guerlain, there is a hint of L'heure Bleu in the background when you first spray it on. Lovely flowers, especially rose, balanced by a peppery aroma that you can feel, too. Very big scent when you first put it on. Middle notes are more the cocoa and the rum still with the flowers. Then it dries down to the rose, pepper, vanilla and a toasty caramel smell. It smells like creme brulee with rose oil in it- if this doesn't sound good to you, it is, trust me. Also sort of a honey smell, clovey, cinnamony and rose. Everything works together so well it's like a Bach fugue- the notes seem to wind in and out on your skin, one note is prominent, then another. I love this so much. I'm going to spray it on my sheets every night before I go to bed. This perfume is my perfection. Thank you, Guerlain, you have not lost your touch!

Toyota
Toyota

Sweet sweet perfume. I love it.

gaeliclass
gaeliclass

Finally! A delicious, spellbinding perfume with depth and staying power. Oh my God! It is soooooooooooo Everything Yummy and sensual and somehow is able to come across as complex and subtle, simultaneously.

I bought this cold, without trying it. I read all of the reviews and just had to take the plunge. This is now my signature perfume.

If you are waffeling, go for the plunge. I use a tiny amount, sparingly on my wrists and the back of my neck. It stays with me all day and I can even pick up hints of the scent the following morning when I wake up.

It carries a warmth. There is a very faint subtle powder. The actual center of the scent reminds me of toffee and toasted marshmellows, perhaps cocoa. It doesn't sound like a stunning mixture; however, IT IS!

Words don't do this one any justice at all. You have to wear it. I find people, especially males, want to stand closer to me. They catch a hint of the scent and it draws them in for more.

Now if only Guerlin will keep this Forever, I'll be content!

ineverwas
ineverwas

My God, this is a fabulous gourmand perfume! I was expecting chocolate and vanilla and I was expecting it to be tasty, but this fragrance goes beyond tasty, it's just irresistibly edible and has the olfactory structure of a real, three-dimensional dessert. It made me salivate as soon as it hit my nostrils as if my nose couldn't tell the difference between this masterful allusion and reality.

Gourmand Coquin has the very buttery, creamy texture of the delicious dessert that you know will get you fat just as sure as you know you'll definitely eat it all. This is pure gourmet dream: white milky chocolate, lush vanilla, dark powdered cocoa and spices and inebriating spritzes of savory rum. If there is any rose in this perfume, it's made of chocolate too.

Any gourmand perfume lover has to try this one, because it is the epitome of the genre, made with extraordinary, high quality materials. But beware, if you fall for this as hard as I have, the price you'll have to pay is a high one, for this gorgeous elixir does not come cheap: last I've heard, a 75ml bottle was around $270.

Sweet, rich, soft, velvety, oily, luscious, buttery, chocolatey deliciousness... yes I just want to eat myself up when I wear this!

Dear God!!
I just got this decant of this scent today!
What an intoxicating perfume!
This is such pleasure!
My question is.....Can I gain weight from this?
Ahhhhh........fabulous. Rum, spicy, woody, chocolate! What's not to like I ask you?
Definitly fave of the Charnel line.
Go try it! Thanks again Guerlain!

LOVE!!!

Dear God!!
I just got this decant of this scent today!
What an intoxicating perfume!
This is such pleasure!
My question is.....Can I gain weight from this?
Definitly fave of the Charnel line.
Go try it! Thanks again Guerlain!

LOVE!!!

shoguns2480
shoguns2480

Excellent smelling choclate gourmand,smells great on either men or women as it is unisex despite the mislableing here. My daughter says it smells like babypowder.

misskaylapaige

When I first blind bought angel after looking at the notes, THIS is what I had expected it to be!

Rich dark chocolate... I often find it's easy for chocolate notes to get strangely synthetic, but this one didn't.

The rum, spices, and pepper give the chocolate a depth that makes it a very grown up kind of cocoa.

And the rose gives it that slight bit of something different to keep it from being overly gourmand

It lasts several hours on my skin, thank goodness.

I don't use it often... it's so expensive I don't think I would buy another bottle, so I am going to use this one sparingly!

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

For a long time I have been in love with the house of Guerlain, and the first time I tried this perfume a few years ago, that love increased another notch.

Gourmand Coquin is an intoxicating blend of chocolate, rum, vaniila and rose with a hint of spice in the background, keeping it interesting and unpredicatable.

GC is very complex, deep and rich, with a soft butteriness to it so it seems to melt into the skin. However, it is only moderately sweet to my nose and it's not a cloying gourmand at all.

On my skin the chocolate and rose seem to be at the forefront, with luscious boozy undertones giving it that extra special edge.

It's really very aptly named. The way that it teases throughout the day...a waft of chocolate one moment and a hint of rose on the breeze the next. It's really as mischievous as its name implies.

While it's an intense scent, it also paradoxically manages to stay soft, and never overwhelms the senses. There is no monster sillage here, but it doesn't need it. GC is an intimate, and even romantic scent. The kind of scent that embodies true love.

Of course, it's a great quality perfume overall. It smells very natural, nothing synthetic here at all.

And best of all, the longevity is really good. It stays all day, surrounding me with it's breathtakingly beautiful aroma.

GC is my favorite of Les Elixirs Charnels and although this is an expensive fragrance, for me the quality goes a long way towards justifying the pricetag.

However, a much less expensive option, with a very similar dry down, is Tendre Friandise by Molinard. They both have that buttery syrupy semi-sweetness. GC is more chocolately than TF though, which is more caramelly.

Guerlain rarely disappoints, and this scent is another great sucess. A dream come true for gourmand lovers.

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

I FINALLY saved enough money to buy this and it came today!!! OMG! Its to die for. I am already saving for a second bottle. I want a small stash of bottles... If they ever discontinue this I'll be crushed. I did not buy this blind, but I just can't see how anyone could not LOVE this scent.

Is it TOO expensive...? well, I've been buying all kinds of perfumes that claim to have that wonderful cacao scent, and many come close. BBW Chocolate Amber has a nice chocolate twinge to is, and I actually have been buying tons of bottles of the now discontinued (DAMN YOU BBW!!!) body spray from eBay for way too much). I also like the Delicious Chocolate by Gale Hayman. It has a decent chocolate scent and a wonderful amber/soft spicy dry down that I didn't appreciate for a while. But all in all, Guerlain does it best. So, I guess I'm willing to pay for the best.

It goes on light and stays light. Very close to the skin. I will be wearing it to work tomorrow and will apply to my hair and blouse too... There are slight florals that tease in and out of the cacao scent but they blend SO beautifully~

This is special.

misskaylapaige

I want to blind buy this SO badly but am scared that I might not like it and it's SO expensive...

but I think I'm gonna go ahead and risk it, and if I hate it somebody else here might want it!

the notes sound like everything I've ever wanted.

I obtained a sample of Gourmand Coquin from Kchild, and I thank her for her generosity.

The top notes smell so clearly of rich, dark chocolate. Soon I think I smell cinnamon and marshmallow. But there is an underlying scent of fine incense throughout the perfumes development, which is the part I am gaga over. I clearly smell exotic rose with a touch of smokiness. I've never been to Marrakech, but I would imagine it to smell a lot like this! This is one of the richest and most exquisite perfumes I've smelled in a looooong time!

I need to use this sample sparingly, but really I just want to dump the whole thing all over myself!

karlee79
karlee79

A cheaper version of this would be L by Lolita Lempika! This one is a bit more sophisticated an a bit softer than L, but darn near te same to my nose.
I have only sprayed a tiny bit on from a sample my sister had, im sure its much more that what I candescribe. I definatley will own this one day, as its beauty is like no other, but I did have to say what oter perfume it reminded me of

katienchris
katienchris

mmmm i do love this one and it is the most expensive one i have unfortunately my nose can never detect it when i wear it because ive come to wear it often in the past week...but man others smell it....my stepson thinkS it smells like our "Fireside Marshmallow Candle" or pumpkin pie the way i make it which is toned down on the spice but not the cinnamon because i love cinnamon. It's so warm n sexy. On my hubby it smells even better his skin chemistry makes it sooooooo wonderful...i was fightin with my hubs that day i sprayed him but after he wore this i was so nice to him, but after his shower i couldnt smell it n i was back to fighting lol So i guess you could say it makes you very forgivable to others Its a warm sexiness like a natural skin smell if you were sweating out sweetness, but still grounded...i love it so much

Aibell
Aibell

This is by far my favorite scent! It's sweet, without being to sweet and never bores me. I bought this in Paris as a souvenir and I have to go back when I finish it... which is not to bad :)
An other scent I like is love don't be shy by Kilian, and I think people who love this will like the Kilian scent as well. Gourmand coquin is just more all year around. So lovely. I also smell a faint arugula/rucola smell. Yummy!

Kchild
Kchild

I seem to be riding on a different ride at the Guerlain fair than everyone else. It's my chemistry.....It'll change a ferris wheel into a tilt a whirl every time.

I love Gourmand Coquin. It's a spicy marshmallow rum for me. The chocolate may be in there but it's not a "chocolate" perfume to my nose. It reminds me a bit of making Rice Crispy treats and the marshmallows that hold them together. A lot. It's certainly more complex than that though.

I get a lot of the spice in the beginning. So much so that it almost feels like there's a bit of amber in there somewhere creating a nice depth. As it dries down however it becomes more apparent that it's the rum and spice. About an hour in the chocolate becomes very clearly a part of the composition. Shortly thereafter the pepper moves in and gives it a nice bite.

All in all I find it a very sophisticated and yet very sweet gourmand. I can see a teenager w/exquisite taste wearing it lightly as well as a beautiful mature woman. This parfum is a true French confection, an early morning dessert shared after a night on the town....in Paris.

zapling
zapling

Yom! Yom! Yom! and Whoohooy! This is what I have been searching for, I love this stuff!
Although I recognise the gourmandy-ness of this scent, funnily enough I can't identify most of the notes mentioned above.Well, okay, I can identify the rum nd vanilla, but that's is. Cocoa? Chocolate? Nope. What I smell is my favorite Satya Sai Baba Nag Champa incense. This is a sweet scent, like freshly baked scones with flower-flavoured icing, a comfort scent for me, associated with warm feelings and meeting up with like-minded people.
It's similar to Biehl's PC02 in its warm doughyness, but, on my skin at least, PC02's tangerine notes make her more breezy and open and not as sweet as Gourmand Coquin. It's also similar to Molinard Tendre Friandise. although Molinard is not as strong and concentrated, and has a touch of fennel which is a little bit soapy.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

Okay, so here we go...

*clears throat*

THE QUEEN OF ALL GOURMANDS!!!

I almost feel like anything I say will be an injustice to the delicious and divine beauty in which the Guerlain Gods have created with Coquin.

At first sniff from my sample, I knew it was special, a gourmand delight waiting to be consumed by my olfactory taste buds. And it did not disappoint! Yummy spiced & peppered vanilla, cocoa powered dark chocolate bites dunked in boozy rum accords. Completely heady.

This, along with Tonka Imperiale, are perfume's most extravagant of artwork. And I must agree with my dear friend Tigerlillian... these 2 have indeed spoiled all other gourmand scents for me forever more. None will ever quite compare and will only continue to fall in their shadow! Very big shoes to fill indeed!

However, as I smelled both Coquin & Tonka Imperiale, I was reminded of another scent. And yes, like the comparison or not, I have to say it brought to mind another fragrance I have:
Dawn Spencer Hurtwitz - Tonka Vanilla

*Composition*
Top notes: Tonka Bean
Middle notes: French Sweet Vanilla, Honey
Base notes: French Vanilla, Tahitian Vanilla, Vanilla Absolute

This niche, with quality ingredients, to me would be the perfect alternative. Money wise, too. We all know not everyone can afford the luxury of these Guerlian's. But DSH Tonka Vanilla smells like Tonka Imperiale & Coquin's middle sister! And is just as much of an experience for a fraction of the price.

Coquin itself isn't an overtly chocolate perfume, and Tonka Imperiale is lush tonka with spicy vanilla undertones. Hence the suggestion of DSH... it would make the perfect happy medium for the gourmand lover and fan of these 2 amazing & unattainable Guerlains!

Update: I finally got my hands on this! I own 2 bottles now. I'm in love!

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

i would love to know too... but the price is lil' expensive though :/

SmokinBetty
SmokinBetty

Does anyone know where I can buy this? Been trawling the net, all the usual places but no luck yet!!

floof
floof

My second favorite fragrance (#1 being tihota)..Chocolate, rose, vanilla, rum- yummy! Never synthetic, but I can see how people would see it as too sweet. For me it is just right!Love the bottle too! I would damn the price, but its beautiful and I will gladly pay it again. I also agree it is the best of the line. I have around 400 perfumes in my collection and this is my second favorite perfume of all time.

guest_RadnessKatt
guest_RadnessKatt

This stuff is pricey but totally worth it. My first bottle lasted me a year, and I wore it frequently. People will come up to me all the time and tell me I smell amazing, they have to know what I'm wearing. I got my second bottle and it's just as perfect as my first.
If you think about it, gwen stefani's perfume line is $30 for a tiny tiny bottle, Guerlain's bottle size is very generous.
The smell is so unoffensive that if you work in a place where they ask you not to wear perfume, they will let you wear this stuff, it's so enchanting.

SandraS

More than a year after first smelling and falling for this scent I am the proud owner of a small decant.

I wore it today for my work review because I needed the confidance it gave me.

After several hours I can still smell it going stong on my skin and I dont find it to be tiring. In fact it keeps surprising me through the day and I find myself smilling more often. Its pretty much cocoa and spices on my skin. I don't get any other notes and I just love it!

guest_Noni
guest_Noni

I really love this one, it's amazing and lasts a long time, it's expensive but totally worth it. C'est vraiment belle et je la trouve exotique.

yvashche
yvashche

Probably the best scent out of four in this line. Boozy and sweet, this one develops into a honeyed, but not sticky, rumy comforter. Very much like pastries. Men love it. Expensive but probably worth it.

teddito
teddito

I can't imagine someone dislikes this perfume.
Although it is sweet, it is not that simple, girlish candy sweetness that we find in so many perfumes.
The dark chocolate mixed with all that spices, rum and pepper is incredibly delicious.I feel something like a pipe-tobacco smell although not listed in the notes.The sillage and longivity are great and the scent vibtares for hours and hours, especially in humid weather.
I really love the juice and the bottle.

jazzgoddess
jazzgoddess

I adore this perfume - but not willing to fork out big bucks for a bottle I have bought small sizes from The Perfumed Court of several Guerlain creations including Iris Ganache and Double Vanille...I also like Cuir Beluga - I am a spicy/gourmand type I guess...looking to replace Angel which has gotten a bit tired for me.

jmhorsager
jmhorsager

This scent is divine, yet hard to get hold of. I found it at Nieman Marcus in SF. It is one of my favorite smells next to Back to Black by Kilian. It is sweet and tender, feminine in all its color. Strong yet soft it evokes a happy feeling of beauty and warmth. Rum and vanilla will make you feel youthful, yet distinguished. The price is high and you have to hunt it down. Like any scent, it evokes emotion and memories over time.
I have people stop me to ask what I am wearing and I sometimes tell them and sometimes not. Most people would not pay for perfume like I do, but fine perfume is an art.~ A little goes a long way.

guest_elvie
guest_elvie

welll this wonderfull perfume my boyfriend bought for me in paris..lovely..
on the way back in the car ,while i was drivin(long/story)he makes a joke"to trow the perfume in the pretty box out of the window...and gues what...while driving like 150 km /hour he lost the pretty package out of his hand and i was lookon in my mirror while it flow,across the freeway,fallin like a ball...no possibility to stop (afcourse) ..i let some tears really,i felt like a lil girl who went to disneyland,had a wonderfull gift and memorie from there ,and it was gone....my story..:_)or:_(

Smells like a very expensive rum ball first on:all Rum and dark dry chocolate. It's unbelievably delicious. It dries to a burnt sugar caramel feeling with rum notes. Very similar to Aomassai, and equally as delicious. I really wish it weren't so terribly expensive.

arwen_elf
arwen_elf

I bought a sample of this perfume and forgot about it for a few weeks. One Sunday morning I joined a good friend for breakfast at a nice restaurant close to the beach. The place smelled like chocolate, coffee, pastries. I had a lovely time and kept thinking about the nice aroma in the restaurant. I was surprised when we came out and I kept smelling the chocolate and pastries and realized it was me!! Gourmand Coquin is a soft, comfort scent. It is not too sweet and not agressive, but it is persistent. You will enjoy the same delicious smell for hours. I do not agree with any comparison to Pink Sugar or Angel. Although Gourmand Coquin shares the gourmand qualities of other perfumes, it is not cloying. It is soft, and even romantic. Try out for yourself!

guest_arwen_elf
guest_arwen_elf

SandraS

This is a cruel love affair. You can fall in love with it only to realize its out of your reach and you must love it from affar.

I tested it in the Champs Elysee store and was almost willing to blow my credit card limit on it... almost. Its a real shame you cannot get a smaller size botle.

Its sweet and chocolaty and perfect to confort your soul and make you glow in it...

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

I reviewed this perfume soon after purchasing it several months ago and after wearing it again yesterday, I decided that that review was not adequate, so here I go, again.

First of all, there are only about six locations in the United States where this perfume can be sampled and purchased, and, even if you're lucky enough to have access to it and you find yourself in love, nerves of steel are required in order to slap down the $250 that will allow you to take this two-and-a-half-ounce bottle home with you. I was lucky enough to snag a bottle with some birthday cash but I had doubts all the way to the register as I considered all of the Lutens, Malles, Bonds, and other niches that could be had for less than half the price.

That said, if you can sample it, do so. If you are a fan of Angel or other sweet, gourmand scents and you can afford the steep cost, order it, blindly even, and it's my guess that you won't regret your purchase.

I've always gravitated toward oriental perfumes, and with occasional forays into floral territory, I've remained a loyal vanilla girl. When confronted with a counter-top full of Lutens, I ended up in love with Un Bois Vanille and it's in my nature to gravitate towards scents that offer heavy notes of spices and vanilla. If you are my opposite, do NOT expect great things from this perfume as it was obviously intended for those who adore the smell of decadent desserts. I do appreciate lighter sweet scents as well and I was shocked at how well Gourmand Coquin combined both the heavy and lighter sides of the sweets spectrum, to create something both elegant and fun, and utterly intoxicating.

At first spray, there was absolutely no doubt in my mind that this was the best perfume I had ever had the pleasure of smelling. I first tested the other two Elixir Charnels in the line and wasn't entirely impressed and almost ended up passing on this one, but something told me to test it before leaving the Guerlain boutique and wow, I was blown away.

The perfume itself, like all Guerlains, develops rather slowly and it's notes seem to be playing tag with one another. Rum, gingerbread and vanilla get the game going and then gingerbread tags chocolate, who brings along mint, and the two then chase down vanilla and it's not long before rose and cinnamon show up, wanting to join the game. The notes seem to intertwine with one another, allowing every accord to achieve its moment of fame in the spotlight before the song settles down into a lovely harmony of liqueor-like dessert, set against a backdrop of the lovely Shalimar dry-down.

I expect nothing less than amazing from parfumeur Christine Nagel I'm never disappointed. The bottle, alone, is also nearly worthy of the steep cost. It's a fairy-tale masterpiece in every aspect; my HG forever. I can't imagine a more perfect perfume.

njkane
njkane

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this Parfum, Its delightfully sings of chocolate notes.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yummmy

guest_stefi
guest_stefi

e cred ca cel mai bun parfum pe care l-am incercat vreodata...si serviciul pe masura

Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin by Guerlain 4.39 out of 5 based on 438 ratings and 93 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.