Designers » F-H » « Groups

Elixir Charnel Le Boise Torride Guerlain for women

Elixir Charnel Le Boise Torride Guerlain for women
dislike

Elixir Charnel Le Boise Torride Guerlain for women Pictures Elixir Charnel Le Boise Torride Guerlain for women Pictures

Luxurious collection Elixir Charnel by the house of Guerlain adds the fourth fragrance to its offer from October 2009. After Chypre Fatal, Gourmand Coquin and Oriental Brulant, they will introduce Le Boise Torride, a feminine fragrance enhanced with masculine nuances of patchouli and cedar.

Composition of this new edition Guerlain Elixir Charnel Le Boise Torride opens with a citrusy wave of bergamot and tangerine with red berries zest. A heart of the composition is characterized with elegant aromas of jasmine and orange blossom, along with airy nuances of sensual white musk. Base notes offer a union of patchouli and cedar which make a finish with courageous warm notes contributing to masculine character.

Flacon of Le Boise Torride has the same design as previous three editions from Guerlain's collection Elixir Charnel, and it is available as 75ml edp. The nose behind this fragrance is Christine Nagel.

Bergamot Tangerine Red Berries

Jasmine African Orange flower Marshmallow

Patchouli Virginia Cedar White Musk

Arabian Prestige Classic

Elixir Charnel Le Boise Torride Fragrance Reviews

henri345que
henri345que

This is a fragrance that you have to try more than one time because it's not that simple and foolish as it sounds from the first time you wear. I did this mistake and was very grumpy the first time i reviewed it. Yes, it's modern and young and pleasant. But it's not a silly one. It's fair to say that it's not linked with Guerlain signature or traditions, so if you are that kind of Guerlain diehard fan, the chances are that you'll not like it. If not, give a try in this play of Guerlain on the Torrid Kiss. It's a gourmand, more literal and less cerebral, that tricks you into thinking "Oh, I'm just a silly fruity fragrance!". It smells like sugarish berries at the opening, but the citrus aromas cut part of the sweetness. My favorite part of this sexy fragrance is the floral heart. If you pay attention on it you'll see a very, very good orange flower on it with a sexy jasmine. They'll not always show, it's more like a hide and seek game. The orange flower has that complex and interesting aroma of sugary sweet nuances over green and slightly rubbish ones. The jasmine, while clean, has its dirtiness very subtle - this lady whisper her dark side on your ears. The base is also interesting too, because somedays it's more woody, others more musky, others more sweet and camphorated. This is a fragrance that i have wore sometimes and never got the same aroma on me, it seems to trick you, to dare you understand and goes beyond the cover, the superficial image.

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

I accidentally posted this review under Oriental Brulant, because I thought that's what I had, but I looked more closely and it was this one! So here it is...I have to say my impressions make more sense, knowing it is Boise Torride! Haha

Resin and spice with the first spray...a touch of tangerine rind. It almost smells like there is a little patchouli lurking under there somewhere? Five minutes or less later, the orange softens and comes more to the forefront. Call me crazy, but it calls to mind things like Queen by Queen Latifah--that thick boozy vanilla with spices. Boise Torride smells softer, not as thin as Queen, but I think they could be in the same family. This one is much more floral and I do think, more complex. Gorgeous, sophisticated perfume. Not too sweet, but very cozy.

Though amber is not listed as a note, I get a faint medicinal amber or resin in this.

kazewayz
kazewayz

A very sweet and juicy fragrance. This is definitely a gourmand. When I first smelled it, I got a grape smell out of this. Nice for a women. Very sweet, floral, powdery, and creamy. I was told it has chocolate and rum, go figure. Try it.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

I get no sweetness to this. It does not mix well with my chemistry. I will stick to Angelique Noir and Coquin. The wood notes in this are grody to the max for me. I'm sure on the right person it smells good who goes for these types of smells. I 3/4 a bottle that I don't know what I'm going to do with it. I will give it a try another 2 more times before I totally give up on it.

Edit: It's not bad, but it's not me. Will stick to the other three that I have tried so far that work with my chemistry. Shame you can't get samples of these before you invest in them.

An overly sweet fruity florential with a massive marshmellow accord and some woods (?). Cough cough cough...A fragrance that would do great on a "Sweet Sixteen" protagonist. Probably the least successful line by Guerlain.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I found a decant of this lovely juice that I had not given a serious try before. I'm wearing it to work today and it is beautiful in the topnotes, warm and lovely. I love that the greens and woods are present from beginning to end. I do not find it too sweet and I am not a lover of sweet perfumes. It has more of a vanillic fruity tang to me than a syrupy smell like others have described. The only downside I can see is that in the middle notes that decaying, animalic side of jasmine comes through too heavily for my taste for about an hour, 3 hours into my wearing of the scent, but it went away and now the scent is a lovely soft floral, vanillic wood with that lovely Guerlain "je ne sais quoi" vanilla note. Can't afford the full bottle but I will likely buy another small decant.

Natalie467
Natalie467

Very like-able from the start. At first application Boise Torride is almost tingly, there's a mix of sweet and sour or something that strikes that way, maybe the berries and tangerine. Now a few hours later I can smell subdued marshmallow with cedar and a touch of patchouli, different and pleasant, not sickening sweet, either-I was worried about that marshmallow note but it's fine, gives it the gourmand quality without the being cloying.

Sillage: does not seem to project much sillage, I am working with a 1ml vial as opposed to a spray and I've dabbed it on both wrists, neck, decollage, and a few drops on my shirt. Cannot get a really good whiff of this unless I stick my nose to my wrist.

Would I buy a bottle? Not at retail price, although it's a lovely scent, there are other fragrances that grab me more than this.

teddito
teddito

I think Boise Torride is underestimated among the other Elixirs.
For me,this is an exceptional perfume.Very sparkling , elegant with great sillage.The red berries are ripe, that's why it is really sweet but they give a sour feeling at the same time.It demands however special weather conditions to reveal its real beauty-wet and cold.

yvashche
yvashche

Boise scents are always a favorite of mine and this one smarts out lovely but develops into a bit of a sickly sweet scent. There is too much sugar and not enough wood. Pass at this price.

Kterhark
Kterhark

This is a good Guerlain submission. How it goes on is how it stays (as compared to Mitsouko, which dances about).

What I really love is hte Cedar note, which is just stunning. OK, I live in the bay area, a cool, foggy climate that makes the perfect frame, but I think others will love this too.

(edit) I put this away and came back to it after a month, and indeed there is a marshmallow note that makes this more of a gourmand. I read that this entire series is geared towards the gourmand genre. When I first tried htis I got Cedar, but today it was marshmallow, and sadly my feelings have changed.

Elixir Charnel Le Boise Torride by Guerlain 3.61 out of 5 based on 71 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Elixir Charnel Le Boise Torride fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Elixir Charnel Le Boise Torride, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Elixir Charnel Le Boise Torride by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Elixir Charnel Le Boise Torride by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.