Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

Encens Mythique D'Orient Guerlain for women and men

Encens Mythique D'Orient Guerlain for women and men
dislike

smoky
Encens Mythique D'Orient Guerlain for women and men Pictures Encens Mythique D'Orient Guerlain for women and men Pictures Encens Mythique D'Orient Guerlain for women and men Pictures

Inspired by frankincense, but given a typical Guerlain treatment, this sweet & bright musky oriental composition fuses aldehydes with neroli, moss, saffron, Persian rose, ambergris and musk to render incense new again. Encens Mythique D'Orient was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Thierry Wasser.

Rose Aldehydes Saffron

Pink Pepper Vetiver Patchouli

Woody Notes Ambergris Incense

Encens Mythique D'Orient Fragrance Reviews

Saloei
Saloei

I sampled this and purchased it via phone from Guerlain Canada boutique> 416.929.6114. Very nice, pleasant scent and very long lasting on my skin.

KaseyC
KaseyC

I passed by a cosmetics shop after lunch. I was looking for new minis (I'm a collector by the way). Then something black caught my attention. I picked it up and I saw Guerlain on it. Without hesitation, I bought this pack of samples of 5 different fragrances.

I am very curious about this fragrance because I know very little about this line of Guerlain fragrances. Wow... the opening is very balsamic and smoky. It really reminds me of that of JHAG Midnight Oud. It also reminds me a lot of the scent of joss sticks in the temples that I have visited in my city. Now, after 20 mins, it's become sweet, rosy and a little bit soapy. To me, the rose note in this frag is weaker than that in MO. Perhaps that's why it's also wearable for males. In my opinion, this fragrance is a lighter/ softer version of MO. I like it but since I have a full bottle of MO, so, I will pass this one.

Edit (26/2/2014): the drydown is very feminine and sweet on me. it has a great longevity and it's worth a try if you look for a rosy scent with a twist ;)

Amor und Psyche
Amor und Psyche

I am not only amazed by the extraordinary scent of this perfume but also by its incredible longevity on the skin. Yesterday, I sprayed very little on the back of my hand and I could still smell it today at 12 o'clock.
(I have a very good nose but still!)

The ambergris notes are simply magnificent! Ambre Nuit by Christian Dior also features an ambergris base note but it is less noticeable than in Encens Mytique d'Orient.

It is one of those perfumes that remind you of the former glory of perfumery, when natural substances like musk, civet and ambergris were commonly used because they were not only more affordable but also part of the few fixatives that perfumers had, along with vetiver and orris root.

I think I found my signature fragrance!

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

born for shalimar:
If you click on the picture of aldehydes, you can read more about the note then.

born for shalimar

Can someone explain to me what are alderhydes? Is it synthetic.the smell of chanel 5 or lanvin which I don't like.I want to buy this perfume, please advise .any vanille note.I love strong distinctive perfumes

born for shalimar

Does any one know who would ship this to Israel or does someone have a bottle to sell .many thanks.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

Very beautiful!!! This is not a powerhouse incense scent. This is a beautifully done soft floral with an incense haze floating along in the background. Beautiful...Sophisticated...Elegant...Be prepared to want to keep sniffing yourself. This beauty leans more towards the feminine side.

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

Incense, given a different treatment. My husband & I both tested this tonight, and came to a certain conclusion. Incense, & resins done with tastefully restrained Guerlain taste. We are regular lovers of large & rich incense fragrances, and rose as well, so to try this trio was of course, bound to happen. I'd expected love at first sniff, but now I wonder, if I don't personally prefer my exotic fragrances in the style which they were born. Here, rose is immediately evident, but soft and demure. The "incense" is I believe unburnt frankincense, sending us its bottled potential. Which is very different from the usual "incense" say-per Comme Des Garçons, where the beauty has been rendered through smoke. This fragrance is all rich potential. Perhaps as you would walk into a room, just opening the lid on rich body oil, the incense sits awaiting spark, creamy skin awaits the touch of fragrance to send it aloft. Rose petals hoarding their scent in the bowl, awaiting their moment to be tossed into warm water. There is definitely a Guerlain twist to the oriental fragrance presentation. I have yet to decide if I like, or love this creamy, self-possessed beauty. But I can say without a doubt that she is a class act. For those who aren't ready for a big, spicy bomb, or full on assertive Amouage, this will surely entice you. There is a note in the drydown that I can't pin, its there, and I love it. Then its gone, and I feel only mediocre about this fragrance, it plays a hide and seek game. I will definitely, finish my sample, as I think it merits more investigation. Some fragrances which begin as unsure, often yield a hidden beauty. We shall see! I do feel, as does my husband, that the creamy nature of this lends itself more to the feminine side. Although no more or less than Amouage's Lyric Pour Homme. Beautiful, potential bottled. Thank you Sucarie!

Jaki

An update: After testing again I simply had to have a FB. There are no longevity issues for me, it has amazing lasting power .The longer you wear it the better it gets ! Many good comments from others when wearing this .

Jaki

This is a lovely perfume but I can't smell any incense or smoke, in fact it just needs something else to make it a bit more interesting.I gave myself a good spray last night and can still smell the divine amber lingering on me this morning. It is a very sweet perfume and this is what will probably put me off getting a fb.

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

This is sublime and addicting ! I keep sniffing my wrist and it smells sophisticated and uncommon. I am not sure if its my body chemistry, but my only problem is making it stay because it becomes softer in the dry down but I will never tire of sniffing this. THis is excellent !

vidabo
vidabo

A distinguished fragrance built around saffron, 'real' musk (neither animalic nor clean), rose (fresh and warm, not pungent), moss and a sultry, mellow neroli, all caught like exotic butterflies in a luxurious aldehyde glass house. It is the mix of individual colors - vibrant, velveteen and tender - that enthralls and then the touch of moss, that adds a dimension of earthiness and maturity and eccentricity. Ah, brilliant! This surely isn't for beginners. Original, addictive and mesmerizing, oriental but in a contemporary, 'natural' interpretation. If Thierry Wasser hadn't yet convinced me of his genius, he sure has now.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

A short burst of incense; spices, herbs, a gentle sweetness. Then, a distinct honey accord, which rounds out the fragrance. The dry down is warm, sensual and keeps the delicate spicy sweetness, with an undercurrent of woody notes. Very nice, but at the price, perhaps not FB worthy. (3/5)

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

A rich elegant perfume with a heart of rose/saffron accord (somewhat reminding me of Rose Barbare). It smells very "natural", slightly green in the opening. I don't find it smells of incense. There is really a vintage quality, it's like something you would have smelled in the past. Like one of those "grande dame" aldehydics of the 1950s or 1960s. "Never-smelled-before" it is not, but who cares when quality is this good. For once you are really paying for high-end natural ingredients. And if not, Thierry Wasser must be really a genius perfumer to make me believe so.

noninoni

Is this a limited edition?

noninoni

Loved it, but for $240, I didn't think I'd be willing to buy it..

Wise-222
Wise-222

SIMPLY, IT IS A SMELL OF RICH PEOPLE.

WELL DONE 10/10

Kterhark
Kterhark

Well, I"m glad I waited to review this. It doesn't have the longevity of the other two, and this is worth noting. This is a 4 hour frag.

That said, it has the best opening. I"m strongly reminded of my heart's desire, Pour Une Femme de Caron, and a quick look shows a similar orange flower/rose combo.

This gives way to a smoky, powdery sweetness. the incense isn't your burning stick kind, but a true, earthy, frankincense. The amber is faint and the oak moss negligible. It all melts together into something soft and inviting, making this more of a fall scent or a choice for the evening. Definitely a brown sweater sort of scent.

If this lasted all day I would claim it as my favorite. I'm wondering if a heavier hand would do the trick. It has that Apres L'ondee thing going on... a short lived masterpiece.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

If you are expecting incense such as that in the Comme des Garcons series or Messe de Minuit, think again. The incense in this perfume, if present at all, appears only as a wisp of smoked rose. The moss listed in the notes is not there; oakmoss usually lends a note of bitterness and there is nothing bitter here. Overall this is really a simple floral, and does not live up to its name. It's pretty though, but not pretty or different enough for the price.

French Boudoir Doll
French Boudoir Doll

I recieved this today after ordering on line. It is exquisite and helped me eliminate five other perfumes of desire. If it is up to your purse.... open it quickly and cherish the purchase you deserve! After all...this is Guerlain...and I am sure you can save the money to buy it by not purchasing other things for a while that are not as meaningful.
WARNING!!!~ I am very greatful there was no leakage on the post travel. If ordered on line... please ask the merchant to open the package...it is a simple clear sticker on the box end...no plastic surrounding the box. Have them secrurely tighten the lid, as mine was barely on and am shocked none of this was spilled! Oh my! I was fortunate enough that the company sent me samples of the other of this set.
This is a true delight under my nose, and I sprayed only once and then proceeded to work in the garden for several hours and after 7 hours the scent still is alluring to my Gent....who keeps sniffing betwixt my breasts....
I assure you.... it is worth every penny!

Espi
Espi

That must be the ambergris making it expensive, that is, if it is real ambergris.

gatsby
gatsby

190 euro??? :(((

Encens Mythique D'Orient by Guerlain 4.14 out of 5 based on 132 ratings and 22 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Encens Mythique D'Orient fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Encens Mythique D'Orient, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Encens Mythique D'Orient by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Encens Mythique D'Orient by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.