Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

Encens Mythique D'Orient Guerlain for women and men

Encens Mythique D'Orient Guerlain for women and men
I have it
I had it
I want it
love
like
dislike
winter
spring
summer
fall
day
night
Total people voted: 280
female 25- 25+
male 25- 25+

I have it: 204 I had it: 38 I want it: 374 My signature: 8

main accords
balsamic
amber
rose
warm spicy
woody
smoky
Pictures
Encens Mythique D'Orient Guerlain for women and men Pictures Encens Mythique D'Orient Guerlain for women and men Pictures Encens Mythique D'Orient Guerlain for women and men Pictures

Inspired by frankincense, but given a typical Guerlain treatment, this sweet & bright musky oriental composition fuses aldehydes with neroli, moss, saffron, Persian rose, ambergris and musk to render incense new again. Encens Mythique D'Orient was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Thierry Wasser.

Perfume rating: 4.20 out of 5 with 280 votes.

Perfume Pyramid

Top Notes
Rose Aldehydes Saffron

Middle Notes
Pink Pepper Vetiver Patchouli

Base Notes
Woody Notes Ambergris Incense

Main Notes According to Your Votes

Loading...

Longevity

drag slider to vote

User votes
poor 4
 
weak 5
 
moderate 11
 
long lasting 26
 
very long lasting 41
 

Sillage

drag slider to vote

User votes
soft 14
 
moderate 41
 
heavy 28
 
enormous 25
 

This perfume reminds me of  
Love Rose
2 no yes
Detchema
1 no yes

Advertisement

Encens Mythique D'Orient Fragrance Reviews

SumoTigerCat
SumoTigerCat

Sheer and airy, like the Seventh Veil. Lingering like a soft kiss from a favorite lover.

Encens Mythique D'Orient, so subtle and beguiling. Mostly for me, it is about the Ambergris. Something of the Sea is very apparent in EMdO. A gentle salt, like skin that has just recently come out of the water.

Everything about this fragrance is refined. The incense, saffron, rose, and my nemesis... patchouli. So very delicate and beautiful. Sparkling, really.

Long-lasting and haunting. More for women, in my opinion, but a certain kind of man would be very enticing wearing this wonderful Guerlain.

Aug
26
2016
eisma75
eisma75

كثيرة هي العطور و كثيرة هي النوتات و كثيرة هي الدور و بين هذا و ذاك نبقى نحن من نتأرجح بين كل ما ذكرت و يبقى الملل العدو الأكبر لنا ما يجعلنا دائما نبحث عن الجديد و الغوص في بحر هذا العالم الكبير الذي ليس له حدود وصلتني بعض العينات لعطور بعضها امتلكها و بعضها لأول مرة أجربها و من بينها عينة لعطر غيرلاني من مجموعة صحاري الشرق و بالضبط بخور الشرق الاوسطوري encens mythique d'orient جلست في البهو بعد وجبة الغداء و اعددت فنجان قهوى اخدت العينة رشيت منها على ورق التستر ما هذا العطر ما هذه الافتتاحية المتفجرة ملأت المكان بشكل غريب و بسرعة فائقة انتظرت هدوء هذا الوحش الذي اكتسح المكان و بعد لحظات هدأ الوحش و أصبح ناعما زهريا مع الزعفران بعبيره الاخاد مع حضور قوي للعنبر بشكل بخوري أقل ما يمكن وصفه بالراااااااااااائع كثيرة هي العطور التي نسمع عنها بالفخمة هذا العطر سيغير مفاهيم الفخامة عندك نوتة العنبر في أحلى صورها طبيعية بشكل لا يصدق جودة المكونات على أعلى مستوى من النقاء العطر يستقر على قاعدة بخورية غاية في الجمال تلازمه طول الوقت كم كنت خائفا أن تتلاشى مع الوقت لكنها لحسن الحظ بقيت ملازمة للعطر طول مراحله العطر إذا وضعه آدم سينضم للامراء الذين عاشوا في القصور في الماضي لما يحمل العطر من فخامة يحيطك بها من كل الجوانب و يعطيك احساس بالسيطرة على المكان و لمن من هم حولك و إذا تعطرت به حواء كن على يقين أن آدم لن يقاوم هذا السحر الفاتن و سيهيم عشقا فيها بسبب عطرها الذي لا يقاوم و الذي لا يمكن أن تضعه إلا البرانسيسات أو الأميرات في عهد السلطان سليمان هكذا عشت اللحظات مع هذا العطر الذي أقل ما يمكن القول عنه السحر و الفخامة في احلى صورها ارفع القبعة لغيرلان هكذا يوظف العنبر و الا فلا لأن الكثير فشل في توظيفه و يبقى الزعفران هو كلمة السر في جمال و سحر العطور عملها طوم فورد في خلطه مع العود و هاهي جيرلان تعملها مع العنبر إلى لقاء آخر مع عطر آخر مودتي

Aug
16
2016
vonnnie
vonnnie

A fragrance friend gifted me with a Guerlain carded sample. I promptly fell in love so deeply, I bought more samples and haven't worn anything else for more than a month. I am NOT a perfume monogamist. The boozy, narcotic opening of rose, saffron aldehydes, and patchouli made my eyes roll to the back of my head. Heart and base of olibanum, ambergris, oakmoss, vetiver... OMFG. Never smelt anything like it! M. Wasser is brilliant. He composed a modern yet traditional French fantasy of an Oriental seraglio, a silk-draped, jeweled setting for sensuous women and men.

Sadly, I've had miserable luck finding a bottle that matches the brilliant, almost narcotic quality of my samples' top notes. I have bought and returned two bottles from reputable sources, including Saks online. And I smelled a tester in-store when I returned that bottle. All bottles contained the same weak juice that blasts you for 5 minutes with alcohol before displaying a pale, weak showing of neroli, oakmoss, and cedar. The bottles' batch codes were February 2016. The Guerlain card samples were manufactured June 2012.

This is such a puzzle and disappointment, I e-mailed Guerlain to help solve it. This cannot be the same juice sold in the Middle East.

May
31
2016
ClairaNox
ClairaNox

A generous fragrantician sent me a sample of this around the holidays of last year; I had no idea what to make of it at first because it was so different from my favorites up until that point. I tried it anyway, and after a couple days, every time I smelled Encens Mythique on myself, I heard angels singing.

That sample was gone too soon, but I recently obtained another sample; this time the angels are singing with an orchestra behind them.

On my skin, it's an airy green rose with just the right amount of smoke. It definitely has a classic feel to it, but every note is so well-blended that it's never loud; it's hypnotic.

Now, if only I could afford a full bottle.

May
06
2016
mirrorghost
mirrorghost

this opens up with a floral airyness. i guess it's rose though it's not immediately reading as rose to me, but definitely floral. i get something a bit sweet and almost fruity but i have no idea what it is. this begins to smell like freshly shampooed hair to me. i think the standout notes on my skin are rose, ambergris and aldehydes. this is a very light and airy fragrance. i do not get much woodiness though there is a bit of soft spiciness from the pink pepper.

Apr
22
2016
archivist
archivist

What kind of abject olfactory lunacy leads to claiming that this smells anything like Reminiscence Love Rose?

Sometimes the wishful thinking of cheapie dupe for spendy niche is a real disservice to the community - people go off and drop $50 on something that is nowhere near the real deal, and it's a terrible waste of money. If you want it, spend that much on a split of the real thing.

Mar
30
2016
tessture
tessture

Wow, I so didn't get teh experience most of these reviewers did. Maybe my sample was off, but this went on my skin as screaming melted plastic. Straight out of the vial it smelled like acidic chemicals, but I was hoping for better once it was on the skin. Over time, it softened a lot, but to a over-powdery, antique scent commonly (and unkindly) called 'little old lady'. Nasty. I scrubbed twice and couldn't get it to go away, so points for being well made. I wanted so much to love this.

Mar
15
2016
Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

A spicy smoky Oriental fragrance of sheer beauty. Every little touch is the right touch: saffron, incense, rose, patchouli, ambergris vetiver and woods. This is like a sultana, a sultan's wife, whose aromatic scent leaves a trail behind her. She seduces with her every pore. The incense note stands out and it's smoky sexy and alluring. The saffron and rose is beautifully paired. They sit on a base of woods and ambergris. This could almost pass for a Creed fragrance. It's an evening perfume because it's very strong and formal. Nothing casual or subtle about it. It's aromatic, just a little bit sweet with that rose but mainly an incense perfume. It's decadent and dark and beautiful. If you like scents like Portrait of a Lady by Frederic Malle or Decadence by Marc Jacobs you'll love this one. It's got everything but annoying fruit. It's smoky florals and musk. Simply divine, divine divine.

Mar
06
2016
tpettit
tpettit

Encens Mythique D'Orient is Thierry Wasser at his most sexual.

For indeed, it is not the mere collection of exotic notes one has come to expect from creations with a Middle Eastern theme. You may be led in that direction by glancing over its note breakdown, and you would be forgiven for it.

Encens Mythique D'Orient Itself would forgive you for it.

It is also not a scent for naive amateurs to offer their vulgar noses in the hopes of putting to the test their ability to identify individual notes. Many have tried, all have failed. A few, it is said, have died trying. They will be forgiven for it.

Encens Mythique D'Orient Itself will forgive them for it.

Nay, this chef-d'œuvre is much more than that. You see, Encens Mythique D'Orient isn't a perfume in the traditional or conventional sense. It is not a boring creation whose notes all stand idly in line like inmates preparing for a head count, or disciplined children before being led into the classroom that will shatter their hopes and dreams.

Instead, Encens Mythique D'Orient's notes blend together like the bodies of an intoxicated young couple making love for the first time. However, we as the puny smellers of this Beast are not the witnesses of any normal love-making; no. God forbid Encens Mythique D'Orient ever be compared to such a mundane act. We are witnessing a couple whose coital embrace is as old as the Universe. And just when we think we have finally understood Encens Mythique D'Orient, cracked Its code, just as the tiny slit into the Beast's world we have been peering through expands ever so slightly, we realize how wrong we were.

And Encens Mythique D'Orient overwhelms us again. We were not forgiven. For only then do we realize that we are not looking at a couple. How simple of us to ever think so... In spite of our inability to fathom the very thought, Encens Mythique D'Orient reveals a World in which all members of the Human Race have been copulating with each other since Creation itself.

Simultaneously.

And finally, as we begin to question our very existence, as our worldview collapses, we realize that we too are part of the Universal Orgy that is Encens Mythique D'Orient's blend of notes.

So yeah, worth the price.

Feb
22
2016
archivist
archivist

I last reviewed this in November of 2014. I wanted to come back and say that my love for Encens Mythique has only grown. Quietly, without ups and downs, but steadily. I wear this mostly for myself - in fact, I'm not sure I've ever worn it in any kind of sillage-bearing quantity outside of my home, which might be part of the reason why this perfume continues to hold an aura for me which remains a place of peace. When I put it on, the "now" of things seems to fade, and a floaty sense of timelessness sets in. It's such a transcendent and quiet feeling, the sort of feeling that comes from being alone in places where solitude is grace - sitting by yourself in an old chapel, in a sunny little spot in the middle of the woods, in a pool of light from a banker's lamp on a table at the library. It is liquid zen. For me. I know it won't hit everyone quite the same way, but because it is so unique it has its own kind of soul, it's an individual in a sea of genres.

It almost instantly connects me to the part of myself that is warm, at peace, and wise. Sometimes I lose track of it amidst the noise and haste of the world, the stress and high feeling. But if I put on my favorite nightgown (a long-sleeved Rachel Pally maxidress, it's basically a soft and light cocoon) and give myself a generous spritzing of this scent, I feel like everything is going to be OK.

And that's a pretty special thing for a perfume to be able to do. I find it curious, and magical, and I have gratitude that something so simple can produce such a lovely sensation. The other scent I have that grounds me and gives me a sense of peace is another Guerlain, Vol de Nuit (vintage EDT), but it's not quite the same - Vol de Nuit has an austerity to it, almost a "get thee to a nunnery" kind of austerity - while this is more like a secret room, a more sensual and voluptuous sanctuary. Languid, where Vol de Nuit is upright.

These kinds of scents are what keep me engaged in perfume, and smelling/reading/writing/thinking about scents, the reason why of all forms of art this is the one I care about the most and enjoy the most - more than visual arts, more than cooking/cuisine, more than film, theater - perhaps even more than music (those two may be tied, but as far as investigation goes, perfume gets more of my time and personal investment than music). Because of all of those forms of art, this is the one that fuses with your own body to the greatest extent, without having to actually *be* the artist, the dancer, the musician - you bring it alive on your skin, but it's someone else's vision and talent, someone else's art, a gift.

Not everything I have acts on me like that, many of my perfumes just smell good to me. I like them in specific ways on specific days for specific things, they can change my mood or suit it, and just become part of my habitus, what I'm wearing and how I look and how I feel. But some of them are just pure magic. And this is one of those.

Feb
21
2016
acobus
acobus

I don't have any fragrance notes to add that aren't already listed here. I do want to add this this is my absolute favorite fragrance and I get compliments every single time I wear it. Every single time. My one question/concern is that I bought mine when I was living in Kuwait. I saved my money for a long time and then bought it before I left the country. But it's made with real ambergris and my understanding was that perfumes made with ambergris couldn't be sold in the US. I've since seen it for sale in NYC, but I have yet to check it out to see if it's the same, or if they use a synthetic ambergris. I'll write back once I check it out! Meanwhile, if you are considering purchasing this exquisite scent and are wondering if it's worth the high cost: yes, yes it is. Even if it turns out not to match with your body chemistry, you would be able to sell it for very close what you paid!

Feb
10
2016
Zetamamman
Zetamamman

To me, it's so similar the opening peach blast of Mitsouko, but instead of fading into salty spices it stays that way. Very pretty, but not different enough from Mits for me to buy.

Jan
10
2016
shushkin
shushkin

A lovely fragrance but on me its just a softer version of Amouage Fate Woman which thankfully I already own. It sort of has the same fizzy quality which I will attribute to the aldehydes. The incense, rose and ambergris combo works beautifully together. Not much sillage and moderate longevity.

Nov
29
2015
amirali0072000
amirali0072000

Pretty interesting smell..great stuff.. It's a fantastic
one of my most complimented fragrances when I wear it.
سمبل ارحینالشو دارم..طالبین پبام خصوصی بدهد

Nov
22
2015
Zuzanitta
Zuzanitta

One of the best parfume I had! Unique, feminine, sexi, very long lasting. The price is very high but it was no day I was unhappy I bought it. Everybody around me liked it and bought it too :) very good choice to buy!

Nov
22
2015
julieekerr
julieekerr

i really wanted to love this as i have many of the niche guerlain frags, however it just isn't right for me. It has amazing lasting power. one small spray this morning and i can still smell it well 14 hours later. If anyone is interested in a full bottle less one spray please contact me. I now understand the ambiguous reviews. this perfume is one of those very complex perfumes that intrigues. however it is not for me.

Oct
26
2015
almondcookie
almondcookie

I purchased this perfume recently at the Guerlain boutique. I spent a week thinking whether or not it was worth the purchase. Honestly, I think it is worth every cent. It's absolutely beautiful. Within 30 minutes of wearing it on I got a compliment. This perfume is a head turner. The scent is strong yet delicate. I actually love to wear this to bed. It is indeed warm and comforting. I see myself buying this in again. It's exclusive. It's been a while I felt this good about a perfume, and that is how it should be. Guerlain Encens Mythique D'Orient in my opinion is a journey.

Aug
09
2015
Eneli
Eneli

I LOVE Encens Mythique D'Orient and it loves me back!
I don't get any patchouli and thank heavens for that - I'm not a huge patchouli fan. I do get lots and lots of ambergris. Well, at first I sense the rose as well but after an hour it's just clean, salty, sour, slightly smokey and loooooong lasting ambergris.
Just bought my third bottle and considering to make this my signature perfume.

Jul
23
2015
chickenpotpie
chickenpotpie

The first spray immediately brings to mind Epic Woman of old. Newest versions have more caraway which is unfortunate for me! However, lovers of that perfume may well find themselves also liking this.

The difference here is this is more perfumy, a bit more formal.

Aldehydes are close to nill on me but do provide some lift to the scent. Lasting power on the other hand, is stellar.

A very solid like for me. Guerlain is one of those houses that I want to fall in love with, but it dosen't love me back! Its the reason why I have so few.

many thanks to archivist for the opportunity to try this out!

Jun
02
2015
Eloquaint
Eloquaint

I love resinous, incensy perfumes, but after a while they all start smelling alike. After your palate is set by CdG's Avignon, it takes quite a while to recover and want to smell anything else that purports to be any kind of incense.

Encens Mythique D'Orient kept me on my toes by opening incensy and dirty, very rich and deep, and then cleaning up a bit with a very good saffron and the sort of back-of-the-nose chill that I find often means rose. As the hours went by I got a lot more rose, a green, metallic rose that was refreshing.

Excellent longevity too-I woke up and found I was still wearing it the next day, by which time it smelled beautifully of incense and sandalwood.

Apr
27
2015
Thesheppardswife
Thesheppardswife

Pleasant, dusty, warm, the rose doesn't offend me. Very quiet scent on my skin. Reminds me of opening the top drawer of an old vanity, which once upon a time, stored scented powder, cake-form mascara in a red box, lipsticks.....and leather gloves.
I wish I could try it one more time but it is only visiting my city for a few days.

Apr
21
2015
SquirrelMonkey
SquirrelMonkey

nag champa incense.
love it.

Mar
06
2015
AveParfum
AveParfum

Usually I love those balsamic, oriental ambers. This is anything but. I have lived right on the Pacific coast most of my life (literally the ocean is across the street and I can see it from my window), and this perfume reminds me of the salty air on a summer afternoon. The ambergris sparkles and shimmers the way the ocean water glistens off of a dancing whale's back. I have had the pleasure of going whale watching on a small boat and have been totally surrounded by dancing whales. At times I think the ambergris in this perfume is so good that I imagine it smells just like a whale's breath, when it exhales and sprays a fine mist of salt water. How magical!

The perfume does not seem to match the pyramid. I think the translucent ambergris is the highlight of the perfume, and there may be a lot of synthetic notes surrounding it, giving it an ethereal feel. When I first spray, it smells vaguely floral and pleasantly sweet. As it developed the ambergris became dominant to the point of seemingly eradicating every other note. It is salty and just slightly barnyard-fecal but very easy to olfactorilly embrace.

Because the initial scent is so sheer, it seemed that sillage would not be great. I simply maintain patience and resist the urge to sniff my wrists up close. The scent of ambergris floats up to my nose all day long, easily 12 hours, so my body heat really amps it up. I also receive compliments when I wear it, so I know people around me can smell it--and it's nice!

Thank you again to my pal for this sweet, twinkling sea treasure!

Update: I had to buy a bottle. I wore it again recently. The next day I smelled the sweater I was wearing, and I thought I was going to die from pure pleasure. This stuff is worth every single penny.

Feb
28
2015
sherifmango
sherifmango

لفترة طويلة لم أكن في مزاجية تسمح لي بخوض تجربة عطرية جديدة، جل ما أفعله هو تقليب دفتري العطري القديم في إعادة لصفحاته القديمة ...
لم أجد تفسيرا لهذه الحالة، لكنها بالتأكيد ليست حالة تشبع عطري، فحب العطور كالبحر المالح كلما نهلت منه إزددت عطشاَ ...

هل يمكن أن أسميها حالة فتور عطري ؟! ... ربما ...

أو علها في منظورها الإيجابي سد منيع يظهر بين الفينة و الأخرى عبر ذلك المنهل ليحجز خلفه كم هائل من الأحاسيس و الأشواق العطرية كي لا تستنزف بمرور الوقت، و يفتح أبوابه كي تتفجر تنوراَ عند الحوجة ...
علها كذلك، لكن عزائي الوحيد الذي أخرجني من هذه الوضعية هو سماعي بقدوم تحفة عطرية "أو كما يدعونها كذلك" كنت في إنتظارها وقت طويل ...

و ما أقسى و ما أروع الإنتظار :) ...

قسوته في كثرة الإحتمالات و التأويلات التي تتغذى علي أعصابنا، و روعته في شدة العوز و اللهفة التي تجري منك مجري الدم في الوريد ...
طيلة هذه الفترة رسمت أشكال و إنطباعات عديدة في مخيلتي حتى أنها صارت "كأحجية الصور المقطوعة" ...
أتصور تلك القطع المختلفة و التي عند جمعها و ربطها ببعضها علها تعطيني الصورة الكاملة التي كنت في إنتظار قدومها ...

لكن في إنتظارك كنت أنتظر لا شيئ :) ...

عطر بخور الشرق الإسطوري Encens Mythique D'Orient هو أحد إبداعات الأنف المعروف Thierry Wasser و الذي ينتمي لمجموعة صحارى الشرق Les Desert D'Orient، وهي مجموعة 3 عطور ذات مكونات شرقية خاصة المقصود منها مغازلة أحاسيس و خطف لب المستهلك الشرق أوسطي ...
عطر بخور الشرق الإسطوري كما أوضح تيري فاسر هو تداخل بين الماضي والحاضر، هو عبير ذو ملامح كلاسيكية شرقية لكنها سطرت بإسلوب لا تخطئه الحداثة الغربية ...
رغم أن العطرجي أراد أن يجذب إنتباه المستهلك الشرقي إلا أن "البزنس" لا يمكن إهماله، فالعطر في واقع الأمر ذو بداية شرقية واضحة لكن في النهاية كل من جرب كلاسيكيات جيرلان مثل شاليمار و سمسارا لن يفوته الطابع الجيرلاني الفرنسي بحيث يثبت لديه صحة أصل هذا العطر ...

لكن في رأيي المتواضع لم يفلح تيري فاسر في مقصده بترجمة أحداث ألف ليلة وليلة في هذا العطر، لا يرتقي العطر لمستوى حكايات شهرزاد و شهريار حتى الصباح و لا قصص المساء و حكاية الملك هارون الرشيد و الجارية "تودد" التي تخلب الألباب و فاقت الفقهاء و الأطباء و الفلاسفة والمنجمين، بحيث يصل لهذا العمق من الكلاسيكية ...
ربما هو في مستوي كلاسيكيات الدرامات التركية التي تتحدث عن الدولة العثمانية و الحرملك الغربيات حيث المزيج الشرقي و الغربي :) ...

رغم مكونات العطر الكثيرة لكني لم ألمح تدرج كبير في النوت و عدم ملاحظة بعضها، هي أكثر ظهورا في شكل توليفات مع ظهور و اضح لنقاء المكونات ...

الإفتتاحية كانت حالة من ال "déjà vu"، توليفة قوية من الورد و الألدهيدات مع الزعفران، هي نفسها ما أحسست به مع عطر Saffron Rose لكن هنا توجد لمحة أرضية لاذعة ...
الورد هنا له نفس خصال الورد في عطر Rose d'Arabie فهو مخملي غاتم شديد الحمرة لكنه ليس بالنكتاري ولا الفاكهي، فيه شيئ من الجفاف مع سمة شمعية كثيفة ناتجة من اللألدهيدات لزيادة إشراق و توهج الورد مدعمة باللمسة التابلية الفلفلية للزعفران ...
صراحة هذه الإفتتاحية كانت سبب نكستي لأني لم أتقبلها في عطر Saffron Rose، حتي أني فكرت لحظتها في التخلص من العطر ...
بعدها بفترة تهداء تلك الإفتتاحية و يبداء الورد في الظهور بشكل أوضح مع ظهور لنوت البخور ...
كنت أظن سابقا أن البخور يأخذ الطابع البلسمي الإسموكي المعهود، لكن مع كثرة التجارب تبين لي غير ذلك. فالبخور في هذا العطر يظهر بشكل عشبي جاف لاذع مع شيئ من الحموضة، كأنك أخذت جزء من الورد نفسه جففته و أحرقته ...
بمعنى أن البخور جزء أصيل من الورد المخملي القاتم و ليس عنصر قائم بذاته ...
في نهاية مراحل العطر تظهر توليفة مسكية عنبرية فيها لمحات كريمية حلوة لا تخلو من مسحة حيوانية. كذلك ظهور الطابع الجلدي للعنبر الحيواني مع وجود تلك الملوحة العنبرية في شكل توليفة منصهرة بإتقان مع بشرة مرتدي العطر ...
كذلك تبينت سمة خشبية حلوة، شيئ بين السيدار و خشب الصندل و كأنها نشارة خشب مبللة بشكل طفيف، مع ظهور خافت للورد الدخاني ...

الشيئ الملحوظ و الذي لن تخطئه الأنف هو تلك السمة الباودرية الطفيفة التي تميز كلاسيكيات جيرلان و البصمة العطرية للدار ...

كما نلاحظ العطر يبداء بتوليفة شرقية واضحة لكنه يستقر على طابع غربي . كما أنه بدا وردي عنبري شرقي أكثر من مضمون الإسم ...
العطر في رأيي المتواضع بهذا الشكل مثال نموذجي للعطور عديمة الجنس ...
الثبات جيد جدا خاصة علي الملابس مع فوحان يصل لل 3 ساعات تقريباَ يكون بعدها قريب للبشرة ...
بالتأكيد هو ضمن عطور الشتاء ...

بالنسبة لي شخصياَ لم أخذ الرأي النهائي عن العطر، ما زلت في المنطقة الرمادية :) ...

Feb
16
2015
schnirchj
schnirchj

I've tried, but I just can't like this one. Please, no offense meant, but it reminds me of having a face surrounded by musky man parts! I have tried it on three occasions, and I guess it just isn't for me. I do love songe d'un bois d'ete and rose nacree du desert and Shalimar in all of her versions, it's just this one that smells to organic for me!LOL

Jan
07
2015
juji
juji

Not a review, but I think this sounds beyond divine and would fall down to try it out....but then would probably fall in love and regret it because of $$$, lol..

Jan
07
2015
Bloodlust
Bloodlust

Mmmmm, another unique scent from Guerlain!

Encens Mythique is a tricky one! I've worn it a few times on different days, and it always smells differently. I would have to say, this particular scent is the lovechild of the "Shalimar Parfum Initial/Insolence-and-all-it's-flankers" half of Guerlain, and the "L'Heure bleue/Shalimar original" half of Guerlain. A pleasant mix between modern and the ghost of perfumery past.

Sometimes (and most times), you get a feminine, elegant incense/rose/saffron mixture, which smells like burning candles in an old, classic gothic-styled bedroom; Velvet sheets, huge 4 post canopy bed, twisted candelabras, etc. There's this waxy, soft veil of velvet over the whole fragrance, and it's delightful! The way it's blended, too, is remarkable - I can smell every single note on the pyramid at the same time, right in the heart of the fragrance.


Still getting the feel for this one - but I will say that under all the smokey notes, the spicy, the woods... there's that typical guerlainade powdery sweetness that lays within the heart of the rose, which cuts through the fragrance and breathes life into it - always thankful for that accord!

The dry-down, though, is perfectly ethereal. Definitely respect & adore this beauty - I'd never want my collection to be without this bottle! Special occasions only.

Nov
22
2014
archivist
archivist

This is an ethereal, delicate scent - it feels more like the drydown and skin memory of a perfume than fresh, right after first application. There is something very nostalgic and familiar about this to me - it smells like an old quilted silk covered glove box I bought at an antique mall when I was a kid, and I haven't seen or smelled that box in decades. I'm pretty sure the owner of that box/the gloves that went in them wore Je Reviens, but this more literally smells of the box - the old silk, the ghost of a rose face powder, the trace of Je Reviens. I'm so grateful to have the chance to try this - I have wanted to for a very long time. As lovely as it is, it is making me feel strange. Sad. Like I've forgotten something I was supposed to remember.

Nov
06
2014
Q80
Q80

don't do a mistake by smelling this after Songe d'un Bois d'Ete, you won't smell nothing. let this fragrance to be the first to smell from the line.

oh yes... it is delicate sensual fragrance that has mixage of very light rose (you can barely smell), very very very lighted ambergris, incense, and wood (not cidar, but some sort of wood!!) blended together with passion and ecstasy producing this fragrance

despite of Guerlain being a commercial brand, i've always though of Guerlain being the best among others. their fragrances are almost niche (as this one) and quite seductive, and by creating this fragrance they have gained my trust back. but they should reconsider thinking about the price because it's quite high.

Oct
31
2014
matty64
matty64

Just had to comment about the person stating that @ $240.00 this was too expensive. Update, this now costs $275.00 + tax! I purchased Songe D'un bois d'ete from Saks on line before it sold out. They gave me 10% off, plus free shipping. I definitely don't regret it at all.

Oct
04
2014
sjam3295
sjam3295

Beautiful. Ambergris gives a very faint sea-smell to otherwise sweet, smoky, woody floral. Not great sillage on me, but astounding longevity.

Sep
10
2014
mabelcruet
mabelcruet

I think Thierry Wasser is my fairy godmother-he's created a fragrance that is full of all my favourite notes that evolve perfectly on my skin. This is rich, smooth and creamy all the way through. The rose note is there but understated, adding a hint of floral without being overly feminine. Despite being a traditional attar of rose, incense and woody notes, its actually not a heady scent, its quite light and I think thats due to neroli-I can't identify it precisely but I think that keeps fresh. The patchouli is not particularly strong thankfully. In the drydown there is a lovely powdery note but its kept from being too sweet by smoke and spice. This is a gorgeous fragrance-its very definitely unisex and longevity is amazing. Its a warm fragrance, probably best for autumn and winter. I think the name makes it sound as though its one of those enormous bombastic church incense fragrances, but its not at all.

Aug
23
2014
arunashamal
arunashamal

Pears baby powder smell. Nothing special here. If I want to smell like this I would buy a bottle of baby powder. Which is far cheaper

Aug
01
2014
Saloei
Saloei

I sampled this and purchased it via phone from Guerlain Canada boutique> 416.929.6114. Very nice, pleasant scent and very long lasting on my skin.

Jan
31
2014
Amor und Psyche
Amor und Psyche

I am not only amazed by the extraordinary scent of this perfume but also by its incredible longevity on the skin. Yesterday, I sprayed very little on the back of my hand and I could still smell it today at 12 o'clock.
(I have a very good nose but still!)

The ambergris notes are simply magnificent! Ambre Nuit by Christian Dior also features an ambergris base note but it is less noticeable than in Encens Mytique d'Orient.

It is one of those perfumes that remind you of the former glory of perfumery, when natural substances like musk, civet and ambergris were commonly used because they were not only more affordable but also part of the few fixatives that perfumers had, along with vetiver and orris root.

I think I found my signature fragrance!

Oct
19
2013
beauty_girl
beauty_girl

born for shalimar:
If you click on the picture of aldehydes, you can read more about the note then.

Oct
15
2013
born for shalimar
born for shalimar

Can someone explain to me what are alderhydes? Is it synthetic.the smell of chanel 5 or lanvin which I don't like.I want to buy this perfume, please advise .any vanille note.I love strong distinctive perfumes

Oct
15
2013
mippymuppett
mippymuppett

Very beautiful!!! This is not a powerhouse incense scent. This is a beautifully done soft floral with an incense haze floating along in the background. Beautiful...Sophisticated...Elegant...Be prepared to want to keep sniffing yourself. This beauty leans more towards the feminine side.

Sep
12
2013
Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

Incense, given a different treatment. My husband & I both tested this tonight, and came to a certain conclusion. Incense, & resins done with tastefully restrained Guerlain taste. We are regular lovers of large & rich incense fragrances, and rose as well, so to try this trio was of course, bound to happen. I'd expected love at first sniff, but now I wonder, if I don't personally prefer my exotic fragrances in the style which they were born. Here, rose is immediately evident, but soft and demure. The "incense" is I believe unburnt frankincense, sending us its bottled potential. Which is very different from the usual "incense" say-per Comme Des Garçons, where the beauty has been rendered through smoke. This fragrance is all rich potential. Perhaps as you would walk into a room, just opening the lid on rich body oil, the incense sits awaiting spark, creamy skin awaits the touch of fragrance to send it aloft. Rose petals hoarding their scent in the bowl, awaiting their moment to be tossed into warm water. There is definitely a Guerlain twist to the oriental fragrance presentation. I have yet to decide if I like, or love this creamy, self-possessed beauty. But I can say without a doubt that she is a class act. For those who aren't ready for a big, spicy bomb, or full on assertive Amouage, this will surely entice you. There is a note in the drydown that I can't pin, its there, and I love it. Then its gone, and I feel only mediocre about this fragrance, it plays a hide and seek game. I will definitely, finish my sample, as I think it merits more investigation. Some fragrances which begin as unsure, often yield a hidden beauty. We shall see! I do feel, as does my husband, that the creamy nature of this lends itself more to the feminine side. Although no more or less than Amouage's Lyric Pour Homme. Beautiful, potential bottled. Thank you Sucarie!

Aug
09
2013
Jaki
Jaki

An update: After testing again I simply had to have a FB. There are no longevity issues for me, it has amazing lasting power .The longer you wear it the better it gets ! Many good comments from others when wearing this .

May
18
2013
Jaki
Jaki

This is a lovely perfume but I can't smell any incense or smoke, in fact it just needs something else to make it a bit more interesting.I gave myself a good spray last night and can still smell the divine amber lingering on me this morning. It is a very sweet perfume and this is what will probably put me off getting a fb.

Apr
27
2013
PolarBear2
PolarBear2

This is sublime and addicting ! I keep sniffing my wrist and it smells sophisticated and uncommon. I am not sure if its my body chemistry, but my only problem is making it stay because it becomes softer in the dry down but I will never tire of sniffing this. THis is excellent !

Apr
21
2013
vidabo
vidabo

A distinguished fragrance built around saffron, 'real' musk (neither animalic nor clean), rose (fresh and warm, not pungent), moss and a sultry, mellow neroli, all caught like exotic butterflies in a luxurious aldehyde glass house. It is the mix of individual colors - vibrant, velveteen and tender - that enthralls and then the touch of moss, that adds a dimension of earthiness and maturity and eccentricity. Ah, brilliant! This surely isn't for beginners. Original, addictive and mesmerizing, oriental but in a contemporary, 'natural' interpretation. If Thierry Wasser hadn't yet convinced me of his genius, he sure has now.

Dec
29
2012
melancholybaby
melancholybaby

A short burst of incense; spices, herbs, a gentle sweetness. Then, a distinct honey accord, which rounds out the fragrance. The dry down is warm, sensual and keeps the delicate spicy sweetness, with an undercurrent of woody notes. Very nice, but at the price, perhaps not FB worthy. (3/5)

Dec
15
2012
cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

A rich elegant perfume with a heart of rose/saffron accord (somewhat reminding me of Rose Barbare). It smells very "natural", slightly green in the opening. I don't find it smells of incense. There is really a vintage quality, it's like something you would have smelled in the past. Like one of those "grande dame" aldehydics of the 1950s or 1960s. "Never-smelled-before" it is not, but who cares when quality is this good. For once you are really paying for high-end natural ingredients. And if not, Thierry Wasser must be really a genius perfumer to make me believe so.

Sep
28
2012
noninoni
noninoni

Loved it, but for $240, I didn't think I'd be willing to buy it..

Sep
07
2012
Wise-222
Wise-222

SIMPLY, IT IS A SMELL OF RICH PEOPLE.

WELL DONE 10/10

Aug
27
2012
Kterhark
Kterhark

Well, I"m glad I waited to review this. It doesn't have the longevity of the other two, and this is worth noting. This is a 4 hour frag.

That said, it has the best opening. I"m strongly reminded of my heart's desire, Pour Une Femme de Caron, and a quick look shows a similar orange flower/rose combo.

This gives way to a smoky, powdery sweetness. the incense isn't your burning stick kind, but a true, earthy, frankincense. The amber is faint and the oak moss negligible. It all melts together into something soft and inviting, making this more of a fall scent or a choice for the evening. Definitely a brown sweater sort of scent.

If this lasted all day I would claim it as my favorite. I'm wondering if a heavier hand would do the trick. It has that Apres L'ondee thing going on... a short lived masterpiece.

Jul
01
2012
French Boudoir Doll
French Boudoir Doll

I recieved this today after ordering on line. It is exquisite and helped me eliminate five other perfumes of desire. If it is up to your purse.... open it quickly and cherish the purchase you deserve! After all...this is Guerlain...and I am sure you can save the money to buy it by not purchasing other things for a while that are not as meaningful.
WARNING!!!~ I am very greatful there was no leakage on the post travel. If ordered on line... please ask the merchant to open the package...it is a simple clear sticker on the box end...no plastic surrounding the box. Have them secrurely tighten the lid, as mine was barely on and am shocked none of this was spilled! Oh my! I was fortunate enough that the company sent me samples of the other of this set.
This is a true delight under my nose, and I sprayed only once and then proceeded to work in the garden for several hours and after 7 hours the scent still is alluring to my Gent....who keeps sniffing betwixt my breasts....
I assure you.... it is worth every penny!

Jun
05
2012
Espi
Espi

That must be the ambergris making it expensive, that is, if it is real ambergris.

May
27
2012

Add Your Review

Become a member of this online perfume community and you will be able to add your own reviews.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Encens Mythique D'Orient fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Guerlain Encens Mythique D'Orient, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Encens Mythique D'Orient by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Encens Mythique D'Orient by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Advertisement

People who like this also like
Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Coromandel Guerlain Rose Nacree du Desert Guerlain Songe d'un Bois d'Ete Guerlain Tonka Imperiale Serge Lutens Chergui Guerlain L'Heure Bleue Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady Tauer Perfumes 02 L`Air du Desert Marocain Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille Guerlain Shalimar Chanel Bois des Iles Tom Ford Noir de Noir Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan Guerlain Vol de Nuit Guerlain Samsara Eau de Parfum By Kilian Back to Black Guerlain Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin Serge Lutens Fille en Aiguilles Amouage Amouage Lyric Woman Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel 31 Rue Cambon

Advertisement

Popular brands and perfumes: