Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

dislike

yellow floral
tuberose
tropical

The new edition in the series, Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia is centered around clean and transparent floral composition which reproduces the aroma of oriental yellow lilies and the regal white lily. The base is airy and elegantly light, with clean musk and solar notes.

Top notes: bergamot, lemon and palm leaves. Heart: lily, ylang-ylang, and tropical fruits. Base: tuberose, vanilla and white musk.

It is available as 75 ml EDT. Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Thierry Wasser.

Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Palm Leaf

Eau de Vanilliers

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia Fragrance Reviews

patxaran
patxaran

A tropical "green" fragrance, but definitely a warm green. Like the previous review says I am not the biggest fan of lily either but here it is just to balance the sweetness of vanilla and tuberose. Lys Soleia to me smells like a late morning, a sunny day in the caribbean or somewhere else pretty tropical. The lasting power isn't the greatest but maybe that's because I tend to reach for this on hot summer days! After 10 mins or so the lily disappears and it smells just like a lush tropical garden or greenhouse, banana included.

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

I just discovered this today, and it's beautiful!

Don't be put off by the lilies - I'm not a huge fan of lily notes but the lily in this recedes after the first 10 minutes and gives way to a sweet BANANA note!! (On me anyway, my lovely local Guerlain lady agreed!)

I got this on sale as it's been discontinued..... get yours quick!

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Although I do get a light peppery and green aspect teasing a fresh lily during the first few minutes, the first 4 hours of Lys Soleia on me is dominated by a tropical bouquet of ylang-ylang and frangipani, with a slightly ripe melon-like undertone, even a bit of coconut at first. Fortunately, the scent is very smooth and doesn't have a certain sharp chemical edge like in some less refined tropical scents.

With time, there is also a tuberose adding a lactonic nuance. And sometimes, I also get the illusion of gardenia. But with the tropical characteristics fading into background, I finally get in the drydown a velvety lily with musky vanilla swirling around. It's creamy, milky, sweet but far from being sugary. Cozy, fluffy but with grace, actually it's what I expected Cartier Baiser Volé Essence de Parfum to be.

The sillage of Lys Soleia is moderate at first, but drops to a skin scent after about 2 hours and lasts another 9 hours. Personally, I do not perceive Lys Soleia as a lily soliflore as the tropical elements within distract me a lot from doing so. But I'd highly recommend it to those who're looking for a tropical floral or a floral vanilla fragrance.

julieekerr
julieekerr

this is a very pretty simple citrus into light floral vanilla scent .It disappears moderately quickly and only lasts a few hours max. on my skin. if you want a clean non fussy pretty cirtus vanilla this is perfect.
I have a number from this collection and this one stood out as the loveliest

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

This is a truly wonderful scent. It opens with a blast of lily, ylan and some sweet tropical fruit. Most of the time I sense no citrus at all, sometimes a soft lemon. The floral remains and the fruit becomes a very realistic and not so ripe pawpaw/papaya. Later, there's a hint of coconut and Lys Soleia gets a bit smoky. Soon tuberouse and vanilla come in and the Guerlain effect is at its best. At first I get a L'Heure Bleue feeling, but by now it is all about Guerlain vanilla, so characteristic, so Guerlainish. Everything is veru ballanced out, no sharp corner left. Only a silky smooth floral that lasts quite long on me. For me Lys Soleia should be a unissex scent. It's very clean and elegant, at the same time. Comfortable. Luminous. Summer. Guerlain.

Joan Marie Bauman
Joan Marie Bauman

What can we all do, who desperately love this divine fragrance, to convince the Guerlain People to KEEP THIS PERFUME!!? I love it so much! And I have a cupboard full of wonderful perfumes! Everything said below by others about sunshine on Lilies and the joy and happiness of summertime, or springtime, with sun-warmed skin and a song in one's heart...all of this holds true for me and more. It supplants just about every other perfume on my 'I LOVE IT' list! Just exquisite! I even wore it to bed every night for over a year. It makes me happy when skies are gray! You are my sunshine, Lys Soleia! But Guerlain discontinues its most sublime Aqua Allegoria fragrances with no qualms, and I have become paranoid about this most perfect one! They actually did away with Lillia Bella! How could they? So I have bought 4 more bottles of this superlative Joy Juice, and hope that Guerlain will have the Great Good Idea of continuing this one alongside with Herba Fresca, another List-topper for me, as well as Pamplelune. I do recall several years ago when Hermès came out with a one-year limited new perfume - Un Jardin en Méditerranée. This perfume kept me going through one of the darkest years of my life. And I stocked up on 10 bottles of it! Needlessly! For everybody else loved it so much that it was prolonged for one year, then another, and now Hermès, good for them, has understood and keeps it going along with the other 3 "Jardin" scents. Had I but known!
So, I"m hoping against hope that the Guerlain folks will look at the Hermès success, and learn from them! Write to Guerlain, everybody! Snow them under with a blizzard of love letters for this deserving creation!

jadejoann4
jadejoann4

This is Annick Goutal's Songes. Seriously cant tell the difference. I hope that in a few hours it will become something else. I dont care for Songes anymore. When i sprayed it was vanilla only. NOW its something i didnt want!!

Softfox
Softfox

Not the type of scent i normally seek, but when i first tried , it immediately captivated me. It is so comforting, takes me to a blissful, happy place filled with sunshine. Quite sweet and girly but in a magical way. My first guerlain.

brettashley
brettashley

Amazing. Creamy, gorgeous, and smells like sunshine. I have to restrain myself from getting more than one bottle (I rarely go through a whole bottle of perfume) out of some wild fear that Guerlain will stop making it. I also reach for it less often than I want to for that reason - it honestly smells like sun on white florals, and is probably the first perfume to make me understand how beautiful lilies can smell. There's something sweetly vanillic underneath it all too, but not in a sickly way - just enough to add warmth. It smells like an illusion of golden, sun-warmed skin.

Ughhh I might have to get another bottle just so I can spray with abandon this summer.

Fiordiligi

I'd like to update my previous review, as the weather has changed and so has the fragrance. On a dry frosty day Lys Soleia offered no more irises for me but a well-rounded lily. It opened as a white lily scent, solemn and a bit tart, but gradually grew into the same summer sunshine glory as the other day, like a crispy summer morning turning into a bright warm day. The drydown was still fabulous. So was the fragrant cloud that stayed in the room where I sprayed it on myself. The subtle tender scent still coming from furniture and curtains vaguely reminded me of some white floral my mom had used back in the eighties for 'a night in the opera' occasion. No surprise I sprayed myself with Lys Soleia before going to the opera myself. Yet, it must have been too cold (precisely -20C) for the fragrance to work its magic and transform a winter evening into a summer morning. No more summer flowers this time for me, just spices and honey. A warm nice scent but it reminded me of gingerbreads and other spicy pastries I rather tend to dislike. Luckily, the frost subcided on the very morning and now I can revel in the golden lily cloud.

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

This is like a bottle of summer! I have just impusle purchased this because, in stark contrast to the gloomy British winter, which is brooding, grey, dark and damp, this is so vibrant, happy, sunny and uplifting.
I have developed the habit of popping into the department store if I pass through town to refresh my perfume (wearing a lot of guerlain at the moment) and I saw a tester bottle on the counter and gave it a squirt, and was blasted with summer! I swear it was like one of those adverts where the grey lifts and suddenly I was on a beach somewhere, with the sun beating down, calypso drums beating, sipping a malibu and coke under a palm-thatched beach hut.
I am not normally a big fan of sweet fruity smells but this one is just so happy! I was struggling at first to think what this reminded me of, and I realised I was smelling, well it smells of coconut and papaya, which is probably why I was thinking of malibu and coke, a hint of suntan lotion (British stuff, no idea what other countries sun lotions smell like), the smell of the sun beating down onto the pavement, I get the fruits buy they don't smell sickly or over sweet, and the yellow florals balance very well. I expect good quality from guerlain (despite le petite robe noire which is awful) so I decided, sod it, lets buy this golden bottle of sunshine!
I haven't worn it properly yet but from my sample spray projection seems moderate and longevity pretty good, I sprayed onto the back of my hand and several hours and hand washes later I could still faintly smell it up close.
I think I might dig out one of my summer dresses and layer it with this, some wooly tights and a big woolen cardigan and pretend its summer again!

Fiordiligi

I fell in love with this fragrance yesterday, on a warm and humid winter morning. I had a heavy coat and a still heavier backpack on me. Yet, I felt like I had been dancing in a summer garden wearing a light floating dress. It started with a light wave so familiar I couldn't even say if I liked it or not, just that it was something of my very own past. It was like a tune from a far that you know long seconds before properly recognizing it. The feeling grew to the bridge of unbearable and I was already some time out of the shop when the realization hit me. I walked in a cloud of iris scent, not a sophisticated, elegant 'iris from the bottle' kind of scent but the true-to-life iris blossom from my mom's garden. It was the scent that launched me on an iris fragrance hunt some years ago. You stand on a garden path with your nose stuck into the wet petals of a newly blossomed iris. Each colour smells slightly different and you wish to prolong the scent for the days after the flowers are gone.
By evening the fragrance grew more lily like and creamy but there was nothing amiss of its sunny loveliness.

annisa.a
annisa.a

So, Lys Soleia is definitely a "sunny" scent. It can fit at times like this: you're having holiday on sunny beach... with the sand, sea, and the breezy wind, along with the palm trees, surround you. It's a tropical scent indeed. I can smell the Lemon, perhaps the Palm, and definitely the Ylang-Ylang scents too. For sunnier times, I do consider this fragrance as a keeper. :D

likes2paint
likes2paint

Summer in a bottle. It smells like clean warm skin, flowers in the garden and a fresh cool drink oh and cucumber sandwiches!!! Yup, my nose seems to detect cucumber sandwiches - daintily cut and on a little porcelain afternoon tea tray. It is uplifting, and now I can't get the cucumber out of my head - dash it, I will have to go and eat cucumber sarnies until I am satiated!

stephkendallnz
stephkendallnz

For me it opened, Sour, sharp and lily and green melon, , then it settles down like a ripe regal lily and fresh, i like this part the most pleasant and delicious, quite sexy and delicate, this last for quite a while then it turns more super sweet tropical and ripe green melon

A Sweet tropical sexy scent with good strength and length. I will be purchasing a bottle, great in warmer weather,

icingsugar
icingsugar

Gorgeous! One of the few white florals I can stand. I would say it is more yellow floral but still a strong scent. Although it is not listed the florals and vanilla blend together to create a honey note. Sweet and subtle. Perfect for summer heat!

little chanelette
little chanelette

I kid you not, it smells IDENTICAL to Garnier Ambre Solaire sun protecting oil! I want this perfume no more. This is summer in a bottle but you'll smell the same with a Garnier oil on your body for a fraction of the price;)

The scent is beautiful, though.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

Lovely lily!

This definitely smells like a Madonna Lily, it's blended and balanced perfectly

I think the tropical fruit gives it that ripe fruit edge that lilies have. Also the very subtle touch of tuberose gives it the lightly animalic touch (don't worry if, like me, you're a bit tuberose sensitive, it's not at all strongly evident).

Whenever I've had a vase of Madonna lilies in my home, I notice that just before they're on the turn they have the slightly rotten-tinged edge of decaying fruit. Lys Soleia captures the day or so before they turn- that lovely full ripeness that fills the room.

But this is light, and the subtle touch of vanilla and Amalfi lemon brings in the sunshine. I imagine the Ylang is what gives it that sunny sun-tan cream/day-at-the-beach feel too.

But it's blended so well that all of those separate aspects don't distract from the sense of simple sunny, authentic lily.

As mentioned there's a very mild animalic touch (musk/indoles and tuberose?) so there's a subtly sexy edge to this. Enough so that I'd not wear if for business-like meetings, but for almost any day-time summer occasion, it's near perfect.

I also have Baiser Vole, which I love, and would wear for a business situation as it's more clean, bright and green - very elegant, I love both these lily perfumes equally, and would say Baiser Vole is a lily that's fresh cut from a greenhouse in the morning, whereas Lys Soleia is basking in the afternoon sunshine in a warm country, or exuding perfume from a vase of fully opened blooms

Silage - light, longevity - a few hours and fades to more vanilic while retaining the lily feel. Glad I have a full bottle!

orchid_84
orchid_84

What a gorgeous tropical-floral fragrance! Rich creamy lilies, ylang and tuberose meld with a cool, fresh vanilla accord and just a pinch of bright tropical fruit. The palm leaf brings a refreshing greenness to the fragrance and blends seamlessly with the creamy florals. As someone who doesn’t usually enjoy tuberose, this combination of notes would normally run a high risk of turning bitter on me. Thankfully, this is a masterful blend of smooth florals and vanilla on my skin.

Lys Soleia somehow manages to be light and airy at the same time that it is creamy, fleshy, and luxurious. It is sensuous in an understated way, with a delicate sweetness reminiscent of sun-warmed pollen. Wearing this fragrance is an uplifting experience that feels like breathing in a soft, cool breeze in a sunny tropical garden. There is definitely a kinship to the gorgeous Songes from Annick Goutal, but Lys Soleia is lighter, greener, and less sweet.

Lys Soleia lasts reasonably well, considering its light, airy quality. After applying two sprays this morning, I was enveloped in a soft sillage for several hours. Having said that, you could also spray this more generously without it becoming heavy or cloying. This is my favourite Aqua Allegoria release to date - a beautiful and exotic floral that I will be wearing often this summer.

EvinSaleh
EvinSaleh

This is the most pleasant perfume I ever had among my perfume collection!! When I first time sniffed at it I thought this is calm lazy sunny summer days in a bottle. It is alot of lilys which is my favorite flower! I can classify it like a classy, feminine, expensive perfume!! I LOVE IT!!!!

Thanx Allinug for the sample.
Very nice every-day-scent. A bit shy and skinclose but stays for many hours. Perfect for summerevenings.

Tack Allinug för provet.
Väldigt trevlig varje-dag-doft. Lite blyg och hudnära men stannar ändå på huden i många timmar. Perfekt för sommarkvällarna.

So when I tried it at Sephora 6 months ago, I loved it,I thought it was bright, luminous, summer in a bottle, I received my bottle today and I don't get that same excitement at all, strange, it appears more classy, almost oldish, very rich, very golden in tone, I detect a certain spiciness also, I dont know, my taste must have taken a definite turn!! I don't find it so soft nor delicate, more present, and quite floral.

Christinasegal123
Christinasegal123

I received this beautiful bottle today and I just don't get the summer reference, to me it is springtime madness. The lilies are intense, the tuberose is soft not overwhelming. There is a faint resemblance of musk and the vanilla is there but I don't smell to much sweet. It's a very creamy and gorgeous floral!

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

On my (endless) quest for new products and spring-time inspiration, I came across this "Zenith" of a summer fragrance. If Jil Sander "Sun" smells of late PM sun and/or sunset, this one is the mid AM to noon one and it just "glistens"!
Very 'tolerable' use of tuberose that very often is just too much for me, but here just blends beautifully among the ylang-ylang, musk and vanilla concotion with the added tropical touch of palm leaf, white lilly and exotic fruits.
Thiery Wasser is a genius and one of the best noses around today.

BTW I find "Lys Mediterranee" by Frederic Malle is the male summer scent counterpart to this.

Lali123
Lali123

At the first sniffed I loved it! At the second one I thought: wait a minute, it's exactly the same of L'erbolario Tiarè!!! It's a warm and sweet fragrance, definetly a summer one. Reminds me esotic places and shores. Surprise to find out that there isn't any tiarè or monoi (maybe is the ylang-ylang to mislead my nose?). Anyway, a good perfume. But I think I'm going for the cheaper version!!

bettybooplennon
bettybooplennon

Hoy recibi una muestra que amablemente me envio una amiga de bastante lejos :), a veces leo las notas para comprobar que lo que huelo es lo mismo que dice tener, y vaya sorpresa, en el envase huele bastante dulce casi a anis, probandolo en la piel percibo flor de azahar y jasmin, algo entre citrico y dulce, como quien come una toronja con azucar :), las aguas de guerlain son encantadoras, pero como un sueno...duran muy poco!!!, las uso generalmente antes de dormir, para el dia necesito algo mas "pesado", mi cafeina al despertar es un Opium de YSL ;)

Editado: Han pasado unas horas y ahora el aroma esta pegado a la piel, dificilmente se puede oler a "primer olfato" jejeje, me recuerda enormemente a la fragancia Ines de la Fressange...

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

I was in the duty free store in Hong Kong and I saw that they had a section for discontinued perfumes where this little number was slashed to 40% off. Bargain - could not resist! [Note: this one is currently being discontinued.] For me, on first whiff, I smelt that classic guerlain french sophistication in a bottle. Lily and Ylang Ylang combining with vanilla and musk in a fresh, summery showdown which all in all creates an addictive and happy office/day time scent. Like most of the Allegora range, I find I have to apply with quite a heavy hand in order to get oomph and decent sillage out of it. But I'm quite proud of my basement bargain for the gorgeous flacon alone, and it makes me feel quite the pretty, sophisticated woman when bathed in this. P.s: I do not smell much tuberose at all in this - thank the stars!

MiriamV
MiriamV

Even though there are piles of snow outside now, this perfume just hits me in the face with SUMMER! It reminds me of skin that's been in the sun all day on the beach and now i'm just wandering around in a small, lovely, flowery town in Italy or Portugal, showing of my newly taned skin and eating mango sorbet. The air is really warm and almost thick, but there's a light breeze coming in from the sea. It's the smell of grass also and it feels like something new and exotic for me. Like the first whiff of the air when you arrive in a warm country and get of the plane in the night. And you see palm trees for the first time and the ground is really dusty and dry and the sky is dark blue and you think that life is really lovely. yes.

Nmarissac
Nmarissac

Warm sunny fragrance on me, nice vanillic drydown. Doesn't last very long on me though, and the sillage is very soft also. I like it, but I don't love it.

Eicher
Eicher

Very nice light fragrance. The sillage on me is rather weak, and the longevity not longer than 3 hours.
To use in spring/summer time.

busik
busik

And wanted to say: "The smell of summer!" Very in tune with Monoi Eau des Vahines Yves Rocher.

dormir6
dormir6

Beautiful!!!! I'm delighted! Fantastic! Real pleasure. Light like falling petals, filling your lungs with life. The first breath from spring, real happyness. Absolutly natural, not overdone, comes from the heart of flowers.

po
po

This is interesting. Definitely a beachy scent. (A beachy Guerlain? Sounds funny!)
Starts with a fresh airy lily- but that's just the first impression. After 15' or so it has been transformed to a gorgeous full bloom creamy ylang ylang. The lily is still present but more subtle and an interesting ''green'' note comes through. As time goes by, it becomes even more thick, creamy and sweet (more pronounced vanilla- ylang ylang and a hint of musk)

Most summer scents are refreshing, but not this (except the very top notes) It's creamy and warm but not in a foody way of course. Makes me think of skin heated from the sun and sunscreen, calming composition indeed. I don't know why, but it brings to my mind the quiet, lazy summer noons of my childhood...

Text printed on the box:

Aqua allegoria
A collection of odes to nature created by Guerlain.

Sun caressing warm skin
Necklace of lilies
Escape beneath the trade winds.

Lys Soleia
The spirit of lily and a note ylang-ylang.

girlsworld
girlsworld

Divine white bouquet of Casablanca lilies with a hint of vanilla in the background, this fragrance lasts for hours on me. It has been one of my favourite summer perfumes this year, plus I love love the Aqua Allegoria bottles.

KateAnette
KateAnette

Have tried this a few times. It's pretty, and what comes to my mind when sniffing this, is that it is very Annick Goutal-ish. It has the same vibe as many of the AG's, pretty, feminine and very floral.

lara0905
lara0905

If I should be portrayed with a picture how Lys Soleia smells exactly on my skin, I so I would do...: This perfume like a glinting sunlight in a golden honey drop what is sitting on a blooming lily petal. This perfume is instantly captured and bottled sunlight.:)

Lys Soleia is a beautiful and sprightly perfume. I'd call it diffusive and luxurious. So far,- next to Flora Nymphea-, this blend is another well-made and highly enjoyable floral scent from the Aqua Allegoria line.Currently two lily-based summer fragrance I have in my collection, one is Lys Soleia ( I just love the name:), another is Baiser Volé by Cartier,-and I really love them both!:)

Lys Soleia is a realistic image of the sun drenched flower, it's a breezy white floral perfume with tropical facets. The scent very green and crisp during the opening but as it dries down it stays focused on the lily. The tropical flowers give a spicy edge to the breezy medley.The main chord is a sunkissed,creamy, honeyed lily smell-unexpectedly exotic and "gold-smelling".Before the whole thing settles down to a musky velvet, vanilla gives a spiky quality to the balanced sweetness.
Lys Soleia is a remarkable and memorable fragrance, contrary to many white floral perfumes on the market nowadays.

Is it true that this perfume intented for summer wear,I still would say this scent is could be too overpowering and headache-causing in hot weather.So I recommend to apply moderate or use it on the cooler summer days.

I think, Lys Soleia takes a little more than I expected from a lily-based fragrance.It turned to be my new summer favorit, and on those cloudy days when I need a big dose of sunlight, definitely this perfume is that I firstly reached for.

Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia is a piece of art, a sunkissed, beautiful still life.

I love the scent of a fresh bouquet of lilies, however when perfumers try to replicate the scent of flowers in nature, they often fail. Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia for once, has surprisingly captured the sunny and refreshing qualities of a bunch of lilies, and for that I'm truly grateful.

To my nose, Lys Soleia isn't a strict soliflore. It actually relies quite heavily on the tropical fruit accords to add some sweetness and vitality to the composition. The lily note smells honeyed and feminine for the most part, which I really find myself enjoying.

Many have some negatives things to say in regards to the most recent Aqua Allegoria releases. Well, I don't understand what they're getting at, I've enjoyed both this fragrance and last year's Jasminora immensely. I consider them two of the best Spring appropriate white florals in the last few years.

Due to this fragrance's brightness, I'm reminded of beautiful Summer days spent in a country garden. Most lily based scents are dewy and green, but this little wonder is like a ray of sunshine; yellow, powdery and honeyed. I'm surprised that honey isn't listed in the official scent pyramid.

Lys Soleia is a sure crowd pleaser. It's also pleasantly soft and discreet, as to never offend those in close proximity. This scent makes me feel joyful and lively. There's nothing more appealing than a floral that dances on your skin, refreshing you on the hottest of days. I'll be sure to keep Lys Soleia in mind when Summer is in full swing later this year. I have a feeling that Lys Soleia and I will be good friends.

ruxxy
ruxxy

This is a nice, exotic and "solar" perfume, as the name says. It initially reminded me of Vera Wang Princess, but I dare to say that this is sweeter and more powdery (please note that I find VWP to be quite a fresh scent).

If I were to compare it with an everyday smell, the custard cream biscuits would be the exact answer - you smell and taste them and you don't need to test Lys Soleia anymore!

Having Lys Soleia on one wrist and my Donna Karan Gold on the other, they are REALLY similar and I like them both - very special smell! The resemblance could be explained by the fact that they both are lily-centered.

Still, the lilies in my garden do not smell like that, I have yet to find a perfume to reproduce that heady, powdery, slightly bitter scent of the real flower...

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

I wanted to try it because of the lily and ylang..I love both a lot. Well that is not what I smelled at all! All I was able to detect was some horrible sour chemically smell...is it the benzoin? Hubby didn't much like it on me either. Not a fan.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I was fearful of this, being a lily fragrance, and lily being too strong in big doses, but the instant I sprayed it I couldn't believe how sweet it was!This reminds me so much of a sweet or candy from when I was a child, but I cannot remember what it was. There is the creaminess of ylang ylang and there is a tropical feel but it's not until the dry down that I can really smell any lily and it's still very sweet. Staying power is excellent though, a solid 10 hours or so.
Not what I expected but not bad.

Margarita1982
Margarita1982

So summery but at the same time so feminine...excellent

vivik
vivik

Lily and ylang heaven, until the tuberose takes over...and still heaven. Citruses and palm leaf make great backgroung vocals.... Amazing.

lisa o
lisa o

lys soleia is voluptious and narcotic, but well behaving. what probably rectifies the "aqua" in it's name...
opens with bits of citric and green notes and already much of the lily, quickly turns to much more lily with fruit (I find it papaya-like) calm vanilla and quite a lot of ylang-ylang. actually I find it also features a version of much loved "monoi" (the macerat of tiaré in coconut-oil). tuberose is there, but not at all loud or sickening...
and there's that creamy sun-lotion aspect, that is probably only my mind making it up because of the "monoi"-association. I find lys soleia strong but uncomplicated (in terms of relaxingly "not sophisticated") and cheerful.

LindyLou
LindyLou

This is a beautiful warm scent that smells a lot like honey. The lily is the main thing I notice in the fragrance. What makes it unique to me is how natural it smells.

marcello19
marcello19

Smelled this one today, and OMG this is amazing. Sunny, sweet, tropical, unique. I have to retest it on my skin as well, but WOW!

AnnikaMK
AnnikaMK

Sweet, sunny, tropical but nowhere near 'Escada summer scent', this is more classy and better quality. I adore the ylang ylang but would have been happier without the buttery lily and tropical fruit (mostly banana and honeydew melon to my nose) as they make this too strong and sweet for my tastes. This is indeed a strong and long lasting scent for the Aqua Allegoria line!

maiju
maiju

Finally saw Lys Soleia in a perfume store today. I instantly went to try it on a mouillette and exited the store while inhaling my first impressions of the scent.

Lys Soleia is warm, very warm. As if you were wearing a tropical paradise on your skin. I immediately knew the scent reminded me of something but I couldn't place my finger on it right then. It wasn't until I left the shopping center that I finally got it: The scent of Lys Soleia reminded me of The Body Shop's legendary Monoi de Tahiti oil. In addition, it reminded me slightly of honey and tropical fruit.

On my way back home, I just had to return to the store and spray some of Lys Soleia on my skin. It smells almost the same - maybe even a little richer - on my wrists (compared to the mouillette). About an hour and a half in, the scent is still very noticable. On the mouillette, however, the scent isn't that strong anymore after about 3.5 hours since the spray. It's still noticable but a lot less strong as in the beginning. Of course, since this is an EDT, I'm not expecting a lot when it comes to longevity.

I had a friend with me and she described Lys Soleia as "smelling a lot like summer". I believe this is the thought a lot of people get when they smell Lys Soleia. I'm still not sure whether I'll be buying this AA (especially since I can just moisturize my skin with TBS's Monoi de Tahiti oil and smell almost identical, just milder) but it's definitely a good one. Even though I'm a fan of the AA scents, I wasn't expecting Lys Soleia to be this good.

DocTales
DocTales

This perfume is quiet and nice, not really floral, not really fruity or citrus and definitely not a lily scent. I wouldn't mind having a whiff of it around me, but was expecting a distinct lily note, a lily less green than 'Baiser vole' but still younger, fresher and greener than Penhaligon's 'Lily & Spice'. This is not unpleasant, but definitely does not blow me away. Not rushing out to get this Aqua Allegoria, even though I am usually a huge fan.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

Interesting Lily - but not full on like DK Gold- this is more of a lighter white floral refreshed with a little green and given weight by clean earthy musk. One note puzzled me and seemed out of place in the beginning but in the dry down I do believe the 'tropical fruit' resolved into melon. I would say very ripe chanterais melon and I really liked it! Reminding me of Un Jardin apres le Mousson which is becoming very hard to find - so I am doubly pleased with this. Sillage was pleasant and lasting power quite good for an AA. Still a trace on my wrist from one spray after a good 6 hours. Too heavy maybe to be a Holy Grail summer fragrance but certainly worth trying. I will be getting a bottle in case they decide this will be for one season only!

pauluch3
pauluch3

Tropical drink with a lily instead of umbrella cocktail sticks!

This one makes me feel like being on holiday. Sun, tropical fruit, white flowers. Really sunny and fun composition. It's very sweet but not sickly sweet or sticky. I mainly detect lily and some sweetness that probably comes from the fruit and vanilla. No citrus whatsoever. In the drydown I also sense slightly musky undertone.

*****

magda14012
magda14012

It is delicate, lightly citrusy. What I like the most is that the skin smells as if it was sun heated. The fragrance which is ideal for warm weather, spring time and reminds me of lazy days on the sandy beach.

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia by Guerlain 4.01 out of 5 based on 394 ratings and 51 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.