Designers » F-H » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Guerlain Homme Guerlain for men
dislike

I have it: 777 I had it: 252 I want it: 611 My signature: 18

Guerlain Homme Guerlain for men Videos Guerlain Homme Guerlain for men Videos
Guerlain Homme Guerlain for men Pictures Guerlain Homme Guerlain for men Pictures Guerlain Homme Guerlain for men Pictures Guerlain Homme Guerlain for men Pictures Guerlain Homme Guerlain for men Pictures

Guerlain Homme by Guerlain is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. Guerlain Homme was launched in 2008. Guerlain Homme was created by Thierry Wasser and Sylvaine Delacourte. The fragrance features lime, mint, bergamot, cedar, vetiver, mojito, rum and geranium.

Lime Mint Bergamot Cedar Vetiver Mojito Rum Geranium

Guerlain Homme Intense
Guerlain Homme L`Eau

Guerlain Homme Fragrance Reviews

Shaheen
Shaheen

Guerlain Homme opens with a very natural mojito accord (consisting of mint, lime, white rum, and sugarcane) that quite literally smells like the drink itself. After awhile it transitions into a woody, citric, and slightly powdery vetiver. This is a great spring fragrance that reminds me of being on vacation.

waelh

I love the scent,but it doesn't last,I have the old bottle with the silver plate on the front.
Is the new one any different?

kraskata
kraskata

The scent is nice but performance is terrible. Longevity is 2 hours max and projection is non-existent. Won't be buying again. Ever.

silentman26
silentman26

Bold, fresh, original. A modern woody perfume from Guerlain. Opens with a blast of fresh lime and mint. A scent that ballances herbs like green tea with sweet gourmand elements. Dry down reveals vetiver and cedar. Amazing duality of elements. Very high quality, unique, attractive scent.

Ricardo the Great
Ricardo the Great

Another superior men's fragrance by Guerlain. Very original, very unique. A fragrance for a mature and confident man. Most definitely not fragrance for teens/college age.

Fabio Dondeo
Fabio Dondeo

I tried this scent on the skin and was expecting something different, more elegant and fresh, based on the reviews. It's not fresh, nor citric (except in the begining). It's dry, hot, very mature, and original. Poor sillage. I would say that it ressembles a watered version of Loewe Intense, which I own, but rarely use.

glauber7
glauber7

GREAT JOB FROM GUERLAIN THIS IS MOJITO SCENT IS GOOD JUICE !

lvxifer
lvxifer

Guerlain homme is excellent fresh aromatic fragrance(mojito,mint lime opening=extaze) with beautiful bitter twist of bergamote and gently soapy vetiver drydown.i appreciate mature character,disagree that's for teens.20 + for sure.

pronose

maybe the great acent made for men by the house of guerlain,

Chicago Tony T

A nice casual/playful scent. Mojito/lime and mint dominate with vetiver being noticed in the drydown. As mentioned, the 1st 30 mins or so are wonderful then it calms down quite a bit. Sillage is average at about 2 feet for the 1st 4 hours or so. Longevity is about 6. All in all I do like it but am not wowed by it. I have used sparingly over the years.

StardustHK
StardustHK

The opening is amazing, delicious mojito with just the right balance of sugar & lime. It lasts for 15 minutes. Then it slowly turns into something soapy that ruins the Guerlain Homme experience for me.
Performance-wise there is nothing to complain about.
I enjoy its flankers L'eau and L'eau Boisee much, much more than the original. Buy it again? No.

scent (opening) 4.5/5
scent (drydown) 2.0/5
performance 3/5

sf2explus
sf2explus

unique scent. for the mainstream market. usually found in niche perfumery. i can't think of a single mass market scent that smells like this. can be worn year round best for spring/summer last 6-8 hours but is still there after the 8th hour but a skin scent so someone who sits close to u will smell it.

Ichariot

This scent for me is one of my most trusted "go-to" scents whenever I feel unsure what to wear. Stuff like Opium or DHI or ESP or whatever you name it, take a certain kind of weather or clothing or occasion or mindset to work and to be worn with confidence.

I love how easy, playfull(ish) and somehow light this scent is, it does project a bit, it does have a bit of sharpness but overall it's just a comfortable and enjoyable scent to feel confident in no matter what the occasion :)

I guess that's the most important thing with any perfume because how you wear your scent also reflects on how you act. And people will notice if you're laidback and feeling confident (this perfume has that kind of an effect for me).

So yeah, "casual" or not, it's a good trusty and enjoyable all-around perfume which still doesn't smell like your typical cheap-ass-juice

panoulis1992

longevity:6/10
projection:5.5/10
sillage:5.5/10
versatility:7/10
overall:32/50(GUERLAIN could have done something better)

Chicago Tony T

I swear I smell patchouli. Anyway it's a nice warm weather scent. It's more mature than most lime scents. The rum is and mojito are prominent giving it a very playful vibe. A great casual scent that I will wear more this summer. Longevity is a 5-7 hours and sillage is a good 2 feet. This is one to spray liberally as I give it 6 sprays.

NoiBoi
NoiBoi

A somewhat sweet syrupy lime/mint/citrus combo with a masculine edge. It doesn't smell "mature" perse, but it retains a classy/formal quality that really sets it apart from all the other teeny fresh scents. I don't picture anyone under 20 wearing this often.

Guerlain hasn't failed me thus far, and this scent is no exception. The quality is there without a doubt. I don't associate this with a mojito, or something you'd wear to the beach, rather something you'd choose for a date or a special event. It's not loud, but longevity on me is good.

It's thick but not cloying, (assuming you regulate application) fresh and smooth, and it finds its place on higher ground in a world of indistinguishable fresh scents.

Addan

Bcz i like guerlain l instant pour homme
And christian dior intense edp
This one is soft and longevity on my skin maximum
4 hour

Addan

Its nice sillage and projection is average
But not my cup of tea
I feel the smell is like old after shave version

Ayl
Ayl

با کیفیته . شاداب و باطراوت . باکلاس و بسیار مرغوبه . عالیه . ء

toto453
toto453

Mature scent, king of light mint with vetiver and orange. Lake a bit of sharpness and sillage for me thought...

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I am an addict of all things Guerlain, this one though I find hard to judge, I bought it, even over my signature 'Habit Rouge' maybe the weather is turning nicer, it reminds me of alcohol al fresco. Lime, mint, ice, summer. It's fresh and zesty, inoffensive, dare i use the word 'nice' the weakest IMO of Guerlain's range, but still a class act. 6/10

Force
Force

Very unique smell in first 15 minutes, after that it turns to salty smell.

Redbeard
Redbeard

This stuff is OK, but I find it hard to classify. Great lime opening, though with a bit of a chemical edge. Starts to get creamy and sweet like Allure Edition Blanche, but is more artificial smelling...kind of rubbery. This time that I'm trying it, it isn't so bad, just ordinary, but I remember being repulsed by the basenotes the last time because it smelled too much like cleaning chemicals. I think the combination of something nutty with the mint comes across as stale and decayed to me, but it might not for other people. There's a little of the medicinal cherry-ness of M7 in there as well, if you're into that. In the end, you're left with a light musty wood that's similar to any scent by a lower-level clothing designer. Still, there's a slightly more natural vibe in the base which reminds me of Bombay Sapphire Infusion, which makes me want to keep my sample vial a bit longer.

word-doctor
word-doctor

This was selected for me by my wife and her friend. "Guerlain" was on my list of things to test, and even though I didn't mention H, they were 100% sure that this was the one.

It is not especially complex. It is limey and sweet, though I don't pick up the rum expected in a mojito. More like raw sugar cane. A little mint as well. I feel the vetiver rather than smell it; there is a somewhat earthy undercurrent that helps keep things from just being a natural lime soda. It would have been interesting if keffir lime was used instead of the "standard" here (Persian or Mexican) because KL has such a bitter, aromatic essence. I think it would be perfect with vetiver.

I did need another warm weather frag. This is perfect. Projection is between skin and arm's length. Longevity is decent (4-8 hours, depending on the environment). A different offering from Guerlain, with only a hint of their classic sandalwood creaminess... though that hint appropriately distinguishes H from typical citrus/aquatics. Well worth the price.

Sillage: 5/10

lemonfreshman
lemonfreshman

To me this is almost all lime and vetiver. It feels "sunny". A refined execution of the now generic citrus fresh style. Longevity is lacking. I don't get any rum, disappointingly. I got 1.0z for $25 online at amazon. It's a great scent though. I'll have to try the intense version someday.

attajigar
attajigar

یه عطر عالی یکی از بهترین عطر هایی که تا حالا ساخته شده به نظر من از نظر من رو پوست من موندگاری و پخش بوی خوبی داره

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I don't drink, so I don't know what a Mojhito is or what it tastes like, but I know that I greatly like this fragrance! It is a delightfully fresh citrus and mint scent that smells very good on me, indeed. It's a nice break away from the heavy leathers and animalics I normally favor. An excellent warm weather fragrance that also works in cold weather. (I am testing it on a very cold day, indeed.)

I also like the Intense flanker, but I'm not sure which I like better. I'd have to smell them side by side. But Guerlain does it once again. This stuff is heavenly. I want a bottle!

Note: I detect nothing animalic or peppery in it at all. For me it is a bright citrus-mint-vetiver scent.

hdn
hdn

As I love a lot of Guerlain fragrances on my wife, reaching from a casual Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic over L'instant Magic and My Insolence to the unrivaled star Shalimar, I tried to find a Guerlain fragrance for me too, but always left the store disappointed. This time, just a couple of days ago, I tried Heritage, L'instant de Guerlain and Guerlain Homme. And again it went into a total mess: The latter ones both reminded me strongly to curd soap, with Guerlain Homme being the worse one. I don't know why but I simply can't get it why they don't appeal to me in any way. Heritage was definitely better than those two, but I felt it to be very conservative in nature, what makes it a no fit for me. Guess what: I gave La petit robe noir a try, now I got another very promising Guerlain candidate for my wife but still none for me!

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

When I first sprayed this it reminded me of that slightly synthetic mix of lemon and mint in the opening of HM, by Hanae Mori, only without the powderiness.

It doesn't smell like fresh, juicy lime, but rather lime concentrate, with added sweetners. I can't get any rum notes either. If I could, it would be a definite plus, but for now, 3 hours later, I just get a dry, saccharine citrus with a hint of vetiver.

Despite the peculiar opening, it's not a bad scent. The clean, dry sweetness is appealing, but not half of what I'd expect from the house that created Shalimar.

Ukasz
Ukasz

I think it has been reformulated. The new version is more peppery maybe because of peppermint note. It is also more linear than the previous version.

This is also a bit sweeter. The best part of it is the opening. After that it becomes a bit boring.

I think they used lower quality ingredients.

If it's not true and it just seems to me like that please write what You think guys.

I think Guerlain is becoming more and more mainstream which is a huge downfall

Cheers

@neo_xx

Yesterday I was testing the Longevity and the Sillage of Guerlain Homme...

I bought it 3 years ago... I keep it inside of its box away from the light and heat, although I live in Brazil and the temperature here easily reaches 100ºF

Yesterday the temperature here in Sao Paulo was 77ºF at the night and 93ºF at afternoon... I was not sweaty and I applied it on the bend of my left elbow

I sprayed it at 3:00 PM and the sillage reached at least 6 feet... its duration was about 2 hours... after that the sillage reached the length of a arm... 2 hours later and it sat on close to my skin without a trail...

Then, it weirdly reached about 20 hours closed to my skin... from 3:00 PM until 11:00 AM of the next day...

I understand its sillage is not extraordinary but this perfume evolutes very beautifully on my skin. In the first half of hour it started the Mojito accord, a very strong rum, mixed with lime and mint.
Next it became more tart with the rhubarb and vetiver more evident...
in the next 30 minutes, the run and lime tone decreased... and a more sugary note showed up...

As it reached 2 hours on my skin the sillage falls down about the size of a arm. Then I can identify another change in the scent, and that is my favorite:
Vetiver, run and rhubarb decreases... sugary notes increase until mint and lime levels... it is simply delicious!

More two hours and the scent changes again... Vetiver comes back as sugar gets smaller... and the it leads to a end leaving a vetiver/lime trace (reminding 1959's Vetiver)...

Don't listen to haters! It is the best fresh fragrance you can buy. Most of summer colognes are made of cheep materials. NOT THIS! A chic summer scent...not mainstream at all... Guerlain pushing the envelope once again... That's why it is the best! And it still has the seal Guerlain of high quality.
Traditional without being boring, modern without being cheep.

neo_xx

upon several wearings later , I find this fragrance to be really soothing and amazing. but the problem for me still is the longevity , thoug you can tell the elements used in creating this fragrance are quality.

livio.marucci how much does it last on you ?

alson , did you find that the fragrance was reformulated with the new bottle ?

@kralad5
There are two different bottles for Guerlain Homme
The original as showed in the pictures above... with a metallic front
and the new bottle only made of glass...
go the the Guerlain website and take a look... It looks a lot better...

and @neo_xx

Guerlain Homme is my signature scent... and I tell you why...
The citrus of this Edt is very special... it is inspired by the drink mojito...
Sylvaine Delacourte was travelling in Cuba and fell in love for the drink scent...
Mojito is made of rum, sugar, mint and lime...
Back to France she told her experience to Wasser. He thought it would be interesting to use those scents in the fragrance he was developing... It happened to be his first fragrance on Guerlain house... He was the pupil of Jean Paul Guerlain, who was responsible for TRUE MASTERPIECES in perfumery like Habit Rouge, Vetiver, Samsara, Chamade and Eau de Guerlain...
Guerlain is known for using ONLY the best materials... It is known as the being the creator of the first modern perfume using synthetics: Jicky... It developed the first lip stick.
Guerlain has a great past... and Jean Paul Guerlain was teaching Thierry Wasser to be his successor as the Guerlain Perfumer. Wasser then decided to pay homenage to Vetiver (his master's first fragrance) and added vetiver roots and rhubarb in the base notes...

and that's Guerlain Homme

a link between the glorious past of this house and his promising future...
a symbol of a new Guerlain

A wild & refined man
A young dreamer with a glorious past
A sweet & citrusy scent
A fresh & glamourous fragrance

all inside of a unique scent...

My bottle is getting empty... I was looking for new fresh scent and went to a Sephora store... I smelled almost all the male scents... none of them are so beautiful like this... It is inspired by mojito but it has a balanced sugar, mint, lime with a green tea and vetiver tones... Yohji homme naturally is not the same thing as Guerlain Homme cause the first includes coffee, licorice and anise tones... and GH does't...

Guerlain Homme includes a amazing vetiver, a controlled rum, a delicious sugary citrous very well balanced, a fresh and elegant rhubarb scent, the history of the Guerlain maison as background and Yohji homme doesn't.

neo_xx

very nice fresh smell , but seriousely nothing special. though the smell will appeal to anyone , specailly girls will find it soothing and attractive.

the big probelem with this , the longevity! it is weak , only lasts for 3 to 4 hours max, then it is nothing.

waelh

#basenotee so the new formula last more?

usas
usas

HAd the opportunity to buy this one for a really good price. I first tried it a few times and wanted to like it. Unfortunately, I didn't. The topnotes are ok (citrus but a bit different), the basenotes remind me of an old man.

Besenotee

#waelh...confirmed they change the bottle and reformulated the structure now it simply smell good from the start to the dry down which is after 8+ hours

waelh

I didn't know that there are two versions of this..
The one with the silver face and one without.
If you check guerlain's website you will find the one without the silver plate,which is different than this.

The new formula have rhubarb in it,which I have no clue what that is,but it surely changed a lot in the fragrance.

I found a supplier with 50 bottles of the old formula.

If someone wants,pm me

Marcos Oliveira

limão alcolico com fundo metalizado. elegante e casual ao mesmo tempo Guerlian Homme mexe com os sentidos das mulheres ao sentir essa fragancia em um belo Homem,deixa rastro verde bem leve com projeção a quem se aproxima de voce com uma bela fixação...perfume de primeira linha , tinha que ser Guerlain .

corrado
corrado

Agree with smiley 12, it has been reformulated. The silver one with Pininfarina shield in the front is surprisingly long lasting. Perfume concentration was even higher. I prefer this to the Intense version by far, however want to test again the new one.

dieseldirty
dieseldirty

fantastic, just longevity and the sillage is poor, but smells so good.....

thegreekone
thegreekone

I wear it today. I bought it with l'instant at the same time.To me it was a splurge.It opens with citrus notes while the composition is quite impressive and rich.The lasting power is medium.I didn't regret for buying it but for me this is not a "special" one.

elvis944
elvis944

This is an amazing scent! Just wish it lasted longer.

A few months ago I made a purchase at a Guerlain counter, and having spent enough to receive extra samples, I watched as the sales assistant tried to slip a vial of Insolence EDT into my goodie bag. I naturally kicked up a fuss, seeing that I'd already tried Insolence and was not a fan, and when she said the only alternative was a sample of Guerlain Homme, I smiled and said yes thank you. I'm glad that I spoke up because Guerlain Homme is fantastic.

It is indeed a very masculine scent, but a pleasant one at that. I'm not surprised that mojito and lime are listed as Guerlain Homme's most dominant notes, it definitely has that Summer pool party vibe.

Besides its super fresh top notes, Guerlain Homme has a masculine heart and drydown of salty vetiver, rich geranium and musty cedar. It would make a great gym scent, especially seeing that it has an invigorating and clean feel on the skin.

I applied Guerlain Homme to my skin for testing and reviewing reasons only. It's not really a fragrance that strikes me as being unisex. I would only wish to smell this on a man.

The sillage is moderate, but the longevity is excellent. It's not necessarily a going out fragrance, but it definitely suits those casual, warm and sunny days when the outdoors is preferable.

Corak
Corak

I am very happy with my decision to purchase this fragrance, it is a delightful twist on the citrus/ woody aromas and radiates quality and class. I wear it mainly on summer evenings or to special events, my only critique is that i found the silage to be fairly soft, with even 4 sprays sitting close to my skin.

I didn't find this as "synthetic" as I thought I might but there's nothing about it I find compelling. I guess the point was to create a "men's" warm weather scent for the "masses." Perhaps they succeeded, but there are so many other scents I'd rather wear than this one, even Cactus Shot by Everlast is miles ahead of this one in my view. Why not just call this one something like Tommy Guerlain Summer Fling ?

Ichariot

I've really come to like this fragrance.

As with all distinct fragrances, they invoke certain moods and mentalities in me. Guerlain Homme has made me feel very comfortable and extrovert, just all around positive and social.

I have days for all of my frags but I find it that I have a "Guerlain Homme" day quite often, just because I find the scent very pleasing AND because it makes me feel good. If the projection was just a bit louder and the longevity was much better this could become a signature fragrance for me. It's a real shame I can barely even notice it anymore after 2-3 hours of application (when I'm active and moving), and usually scents stick on me for a looooong time. I don't know whether it's made that way to increase consumption (thus, to increase profit) but its' still a shame.

A great frag, it's my summer lover <3

PaulyFe12
PaulyFe12

According to all the reviews I have seen, made me think this was going to have a zesty and almost club soda type feel mixed with the lime and mojito accord. While I was a little let down by my very high expectations for this fragrance. I must admit that on a hot day, the lime, mojito, green tea fragrance is very refreshing to smell. I do get a lot of vetiver with this fragrance. The bottle is gorgeous no problems there. The smell becomes a very unisex fragrance as it develops. A little too feminine for me, but not enough to make me leave this out in the cold.

Smell: 9/10 If it was only more bubbly and zesty I would have given it an easy 10/10

Silliage: 6/10 On me it projects good for the first 45 minutes to and hour. Then it becomes very very close to the skin.

Longevity: 6/10 Was a little dissappointed about the longevity of this cologne, I know its a summer frag, but from Guerlain it should last longer.

Smyle12

The original version with the silver front is where it's at. This is a great, well-crafted, unique summer fragrance and a true compliment getter. On the other hand, I believe Guerlain reformulated this when the "intense" version was released. It now comes in an all clear bottle and its longevity is virtually nil. About 2 hours. This is not true of the original bottle, as I have owned/own all three, the silver fronted one which I still have, smells far better than the deep, powdery, boozy, floral, affair of the Intense version. I didn't think I liked the original Guerlain Homme much because of it's terrible longevity, but I was judging it based solely upon the reformulation and not upon the original juice. I'm glad I held onto the vintage, silver-fronted bottle (pictured). Great stuff.

7.5/10

del
del

Guerlain Homme -- lime and minty, light and zesty. A very nice citrus scent, which reminds me of a cold and sparkling drink on a hot summer day while lying on the beach under that big umbrella. Refreshing! Then it dries down to something woodsy.

Guerlain Homme smells modern, and compared to the modest amount of fresh fragrances that I've tried before, I think it is also quite unique. Performance-wise, I wish it lasted longer on my skin, though.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

In the morning I sampled this cologne and by the late afternoon I went back to the store and bought a 100ml bottle. I really enjoy the fresh lime/mint aroma that I smell when I first sprayed it on my skin. After it settled the clean woodsy notes of cedar and a moderate note of vetiver comes though making it a excellent masculine cologne.
What makes this fragrance unique is the fresh spicy blend with a slight floral scent of Geranium that comes through making it very fresh.
What is a desirable note with this cologne is bergamot, it gives this cologne a clean summer/daytime fragrance that I use at least twice a week.
Longevity is well over 8hr and sillage is very good.
Overall I rate this cologne 8.5/10

Marcos Oliveira

quanto mais eu uso,mais adoro esse Guerlain !!!

Trillest
Trillest

awesome great projection

andgac16
andgac16

Guerlain Homme is a fresh and zesty lime based fragrance. This is mainly what this fragrance is about.

From the start you get a strong blast of sour lime and bergamot which is unmissable. At the same time the lime is accompanied by the (pepper)mint which gives it a fresh spicy feel and a very cool sensation when you breathe in deeply. There is also a small hint of sweetness which tones down the sourness of the lime. All of this creates the original mojito vibe.

Clean vetiver and cedarwood provide the base of this fragrance although they are not very strong which perhaps is reflected in a average longevity. Geranium contributes to the overall fresh and "citrusy" smell but it is a different citrus mixture than most of the designer fragrances.

As far as the performance is concerned, the longevity is on the lower side of average lasting about 4 hours which is good enough for a fresh fragrance. Projection is very good for the first hour after which it dies down until the end of the life.

It's best suited for spring and summer (temp. above 15C) and mainly for the day time because I usually prefer something sweeter and stronger for nights out. It's quite versatile fragrance and wouldn't offend most people.

jht4060
jht4060

With light aquatics filling the sky of men's fragrance like a featureless blanket of stratus clouds, trust Guerlain to come up with a perfume that is mainstream fresh but interesting. The mint-lime-rum top is charmingly fresh with enough sharpness to avoid being routine. As usual with these vaporous notes, this mojito accord doesn't last more a couple of hours, giving way to an excellent light off-dry cedar and vetiver base warmed by a touch of something resiny (not listed). There might be a slight aquatic note there somewhere but it doesn't stick out like an ozone factory as it does in the "fresh blue" genre.

This is nothing like the more robust Guerlain men's fragrances you might be familiar with, but if you are in the mood for something different it could be just the ticket. It makes me think of Creed Silver Mountain Water transplanted to a Caribbean beach.

sussex2
sussex2

I had tried this as one of my first reintroduction-to-fragrance fragrances a short while ago. After wearing it a few times I dismissed it as being uninteresting and too soapy. I was all set to sell my bottle when I thought I would try it one more time. I'm glad I did. It seems much better this time around.

There is a lovely bright, fresh opening of mint and lime. A lighter touch of bergamot and geranium create a faintly alcoholic and slightly floral effect. A rum note appears quite soon which doesn't seem to increase the alcohol but instead offers a gentle sweetness and aromatic quality. It really does conjure the image of a mojito cocktail – perhaps made with light brown sugar rather than white. Shortly after this I notice the cedar which is perfectly accented by the soft sweetness.

It is a simple blend when compared to many other fragrances. Each note holds its place well after the initial bright opening and combine to great effect. I find the longevity to be at least moderate. It projects strongly at first. After an hour the volume has reduced to medium at most but remains noticeable.

I think I will hold onto this one for a while longer. Or at least until it is time to replace it with a new bottle of Guerlain Homme.

There is a lovely bright, fresh opening of mint and lime. A lighter touch of bergamot and geranium create a faintly alcoholic and slightly floral effect. A faint rum note appears quite soon which doesn't seem to increase the alcohol but instead offers a gentle sweetness and aromatic quality. It really does conjure images of a mojito – perhaps made with light brown sugar rather than white. Shortly after this I notice the cedar which is perfectly accented by the soft sweetness.

I think I will hold onto this one for a while longer. Or at least until it is time to buy a replacement bottle.

DC-8

Bought a gift set (incl. deo spray and body wash) today from Debenhams with a considerably cheaper price than the single bottle, itself!!

The smell is really perfect and impeccable. It starts up with lime, mojito and woody spicy notes.

The middle and base notes remain the same, so the frag is very linear.

Longevity appears extremely enourmous while sillage part is sort of failure, like majority of Geurlain products. Yet the smell is so beautiful an lovely that I think I will buy it again!

Yet the smell itself is a perfect and wonderful thing, suitable for all seasons, but best in the heat time.

If you already have Chanel Allure Edition Blanche, I highly advise you refrain buying GH. Since it's a very close thing to CAEB, while sillage is considerably less.

This masterpiece that shows you both classical and modern aspects of olfactory world. It resembles the same lovely French classic at its finest, such as Dior Eau Sauvage. :-)

Smell: 10/10
Longevity 10/10
Linearity:10/10
Sillage: 3.5/10 (Pity indeed!)

Overal score: 8

pronose

nice scent and classy as well! can't be the best of all but it's not a failure either!

90hou
90hou

@carlosrafael, it might be Guerlain Homme L`Eau or Guerlain L'Homme L'Eau Boisée.

Marcos Oliveira

esse perfume é algo inexplicavel...em climas amenos fica otimo e a noite em qualquer situação...as mulheres amam esse cheiro,verde metalico,com uma fragancia classica moderna,vai entender ?

silentrich
silentrich

Good fragrance with some rough edges. Not as long lasting or a strong as the intense version, but I prefer the opening in the original. Overall it's a solid fragrance.

CatBlanc
CatBlanc

Guerlain Homme took my heart and made me go WOW everytime I catch a whiff of this gorgeous scent.

In summary, it is crisp, woody and aromatic elixir. Guerlain Homme depicts balance, simplicity and roundness. What I mean is it is fresh but not overly green, no sharp edges. Aromatic but not smelling like aromatherapy or spice market.

I get a mixture of white grapes, cedar, vetiver, and freshly picked mint. Guerlain Homme starts cool and fresh and settles to a warm and alluring skin scent.

The scent will go perfectly with a suit and a tie, as well as any romantic moments of your life. One of my all time favourites, I highly recommend it.

Cassiano
Cassiano

One of the most commented scents of 2012, to have a bottle was almost an obligation to me. And it was, in a blind buy, that this cologne came to my personal collection. Obviously, as a huge fan of Guerlain, it didn’t cost me too much to believe in the quality of what was about to come. So, because of this, my share of disappointment has appeared.

It is a lovely aroma, a jointed version of traditional and modern, a strong vetiver that, together with notes of lime, bergamot, cedar and mint, make this cologne an excellent choice for every moment, specially, in hot days. To get better, the mojito note is fantastic, giving an alcoholic and more special tone to the scent. The geranium is there, fulfilling its floral part, while the note of rum was the one I least felt evolving on my skin.

So, why the disappointment?
Well, maybe I have created an expectation that this delicious aroma could be surrounded by the fabulous Guerlinade and then, we could have a masterpiece, in the same style as Habit Rouge and its citric-leathery –powdery aroma. But it didn’t happen and, unfortunately, the result on my skin was: a wonderful scent, with a good lasting (about 6 hours) and terrible projection.
It looks like a joke, but it’s a Guerlain that needs to be reapplied to be noticed!

fvodna
fvodna

Perfect,
5-6 hours on the skin, 10-12 hours on a shirt longevity.

scent 9/10
sillage 7/10
longevity 8/10

ahmadnademi
ahmadnademi

برای فصل تابستان ،تستش کنید حتما خوشتون میاد،متفاوت و خواص،ماندگاری زیاد خوبی روی پوست من نداره

Buysblind
Buysblind

I don't understand the reviews which classify this as "generic" or "synthetic" or "poor quality." It's not any of those.

Guerlain Homme is a completely modern fragrance with a fantastic mojito note in the opening--fresh lime, mint, and rum immediately deliver a fun, upbeat attitude that simply feels good. The opening accord is superb and one that I have not encountered in any other fragrance to date. Not only is it well executed (clean, smooth, and balanced), but it feels NEW. And I think that's the problem many Guerlain traditionalists have with this fragrance--it's a departure from their classic men's lineup of Heritage, Habit Rouge, and Vetiver. Well...get over it. I think Guerlain Homme was very intelligently crafted, i.e., it fits right in with the modern mainstream men's market while remaining distinct and altogether different from anything else that's out there. Nothing smells like this. And furthermore, Homme smells better than 95% of its contemporary competition. I had heard terrible things about it until I actually tried it myself while in a local Sephora. I was expecting it to be bad (bland and redundant), but instead I liked it immediately and bought it on the spot. This was after sampling numerous 'modern' men's fragrances beforehand, so I can honestly say that this stood out from the crowd and also head and shoulders above it.

Around the two or three hour mark, Guerlain Homme transitions into a pleasant, woody base with a light, white musk as traces of its opening accord occasionally waft in and out. The sillage of this fragrance is fine, in fact its quite good, and the longevity is actually better than you may initially perceive it to be. Just like its flanker, Homme L'Eau, this is one that other people notice much later on in the day while you have all but forgotten it's even there. So I would say the projection is good and the longevity just above average.

Best in the Spring and Summer, Guerlain Homme is well-suited for work and socializing outside of work. It's an easy wear that leans toward the casual, carefree side of the spectrum. It feels like a day time scent, but wouldn't be out of place at night.

I highly recommend Guerlain Homme to anyone looking for something unique and uplifting with a cool, modern edge.

As a side note, the Intense version differs in several ways: It features a strong rhubarb note, which gives it more of a dark, fruity quality. The mojito note is not as strong either. Also, Intense lasts much longer, but projects less. So, increased longevity but decreased sillage. Finally, the Intense version is darker and richer, while Guerlain Homme regular is brighter with greater diffusive properties

The other flanker to Guerlain Homme, Guerlain Homme L'Eau, has much more citrus to it (smells like lemon and lime to me), and is fairly different than Homme. It's an EXCELLENT summer fragrance, possibly my favorite, and is definitely worth looking at.

Excellent scent but project for an hour or so, I tried the intense virgin which is less interesting and without projection to compensate, but finally I gave up with this perfume. Even though I ranked this perfume under my like list for it’s captivating odor only.

armchair sailor
armchair sailor

Totally generic. It competes with Bleu de Chanel for the most generic and "nice" perfume for men on the market.
No complexity, no dare, not even great quality of ingredients or skill in the composition.
Try any old Guerlain and you'll see how low this company has sinked nowadays.

dj_renovatio
dj_renovatio

The vetiver and geranium of Santos de Cartier with the powdery notes (mojito?) and cedar of Prada's Infusion d'Homme.

What a brilliant creation.

I tried the after shave first, and it gives a more smoky impression than the EDT. The smokiness is much gentler in the EDT. I wonder if the 'Intense' version of this one is more like the after shave.

The pure quality of this scent is unmatched. I haven't smelled anything this quality, even for 4-7x the price.

I usually hate powdery-soapy notes, but in this masterpiece they shine. They don't smell fake, feminine, too over-powering, or too dry as in other fragrances.

Other than the four notes I mentioned earlier, I get a lot of bergamot in the opening. This is some of the strongest and highest quality bergamot i've experienced.

I cant comment on longevity as I've been re-applying since I got my bottle, but the projection is outstanding. The entire room where I sprayed it twice still smelled like it hours later.

Trobador
Trobador

Absolutely wonderful. Longevity is oke and best smell in the end.

sylasjsn
sylasjsn

this parfun has the best opening notes. I feel like in the jungle, or i the middle of a plantation of citric fruits. it's perfect! and in my skin has a wonderful projection and fix very well too, for the category, of course. never stays out of my small colection. I recently smelled the edp version, and is very good too, but for me, this is the best. this is one of my best

Marcos Oliveira

um dos melhores de limão...existem muitos com limão na base,Guerlain tem destaque,devido ao mojito e vetiver...quente e refrescante (PARADOXO),elegante e atraente. rastro fenomenal a quem sente...

dooli
dooli

I'm looking for this one. anyone wants to swap this for Dior homme sport, let me know.

pippab
pippab

My son bought this duty free in Bangkok, and I must say that it's absolutely wonderful! Of course, coming from Guerlain, why would anyone expect anything else? He bought the EDP and the staying power and sillage are right up there with the best of the best. I'm very impressed indeed.

Smyle12

This is an extremely weak EDT. It smells mainly of lime (which is a nice departure from typical citrus scents, although I am not a fan of them), some mint, and a slight mojito vibe, which I attribute mainly to the mint, rum, and lime combination listed in the notes, more so than any specific mojito note. This is definitely the "sportiest" scent in my collection, and nice to spray on before going to the gym. One reason for this is that it is so weak, that it completely disappears in just 2 hours!!! It's quite pathetic! As far as projection goes, there isn't much considering that the fragrance is completely gone in just two hours. Yes, it is a decent smelling scent, and I "like" its unique "limeness", but please don't waste your money and blind buy this like I did. I'd intended get the EDP "Intense" version, but got this one by mistake. I now do own the EDP and that version is better, but it only just falls into the "love" category for me. It's essentially the exact same scent, although well blended and with a very masculine, boozy, musky feel to it, that isn't nearly as overtly, fresh, and/or "sporty" feeling as the original, and that contrasts nicely with the still very present, "lime note", concluding with a woody base. Still, it's only about double the virtually non-existent strength of the original, lasting about 5-6 hours instead of merely two.

dani_i89
dani_i89

Typical generic Citrus frag. wear this if u want ti smell like the rest of the numbers. I don't understand why people call this 'special'. Really about as generic as u can get

erik.siqueira
erik.siqueira

Nice surprise this fragance! I love the middle notes, felt fresh and alcoholic sense. Fresh and very masculine frag. I think vetiver lovers gonna luv or hate, because this frag combine vetiver and a sugar note from Mojito, not too sweet but i've heard people doesn't like this combination! #ladykiller

fertonani
fertonani

Muito bom perfume, eu o considero elegante e refinado. Não é um cheiro comum, nunca conheci perfume parecido. É uma boa fragrância e dificilmente ira desagradar alguém. Porem não é nada chamativo.

Kain
Kain

A fresh and nice smell fragrance, good choice for spring and hot summer days.
The opening is fresh lime and mint combo, but mostly mint to my nose!
The mint note is really fresh and light and it does have a very nice smell.
I would say it's a linear fragrance because it didn't change in the mid but in the base I can smell a very light clean and soapy smell in the background.
Both projection and longevity is below average!
Nice smell but nothing special and so linear with poor projection and longevity.
يه عطر خنك و شاداب كه تركيب بوي ليمو هست و نعناء
البته به نظر من بيشتر بوي نعناء ميده و بوي نعناء به نسبت ليمو قويتره
بوي نعناء خيلي تند يا تلخ نيست. بوي خيلي خنك و آرامش بخشي داره
اين عطر بوي خطي داره و تقريبا ميشه گفت تغييري به اون صورت نميكنه فقط اواخر عمر اين عطر روي پوست، يه بوي خيلي ضعيف صابوني پيدا ميكنه
پخش بو و ماندگاري ضعيفي داره
بوش خوبه اما بوي خيلي معمولي و عادي داره و با توجه به بوي خطي و پخش بو و ماندگاري ضعيفش چنگي به دل نميزنه كه آدمو وسوسه كنه بره بخرش

GMK
GMK

One of the best fresh scents ever created for men ... i dont like the Fresh/aquatic run of the mill type fragrances but it has got some thing unique , A very pleasant start with lime and mint which proceeds towards something velvety and smooth(not vetiver), can be enjoyed in daytime more.

acedina
acedina

sexiest manliest parfume ... its like... wow... you feel loke youve made love and you still want more... absolute great !!! just love it

Marcos Oliveira

perfume que remete a conforto...as notas citricas aliadas ao vetiver fazem dele um perfume diferente para quem sente...projeta razoalvemente bem e fixa moderadamente,apropriado para dias mais amenos e noites em que voce nao quer chamar tanta atençao,mas ser elegante

RobbieX
RobbieX

Guerlain have done a good job with this one - lovely fresh mojito opening and a woody drydown - there's a lot going on here - one of the very best fresh woody fragrances for men and one of the nicest summer scents!

Jackfusion
Jackfusion

First impression:
Starts with a lemon/bergamot menthol, the mojito as the leading sugar cane and that I could not feel, however I found the fragrance even a little salt. After a cedar appears smoother. Good option to escape the water for the day to day.

everlast31
everlast31

Excellent summer fragrance if not the best

Marcos Oliveira

Guerlain muito bem elaborado,elegante e casual,jovial e maduro...versatil!!! apaixonante e viciante é a sua fragancia,minha esposa nao desgruda do meu pescoço,as mulheres realmente retorcem o pescoço e se predem nos olhares e nariz,rsrsrsrss projeta razoavelmente porém super marcante,fixação mediana,mas vale a fragancia citrica e exclusiva.ponto positivo para casa guerlain

avfc92
avfc92

THE BOMB.....Total gem only few people know about, real fruity sweet vibe, almost smells like a lime sugar...LOVE this, no one else i have ever met wears it either, so great conversation starter!

rickyfreaky13
rickyfreaky13

Very fresh at first spray n i like it, but it dry down so fast, after 30 minutes, n then i smelled nothing :(

mrcontinental
mrcontinental

Excellent.

Scentrist
Scentrist

I had an opportunity to wear this recently, and I'll be honest in my original impressions being fairly unfavorable. So what's changed that I now like this so much?

Guerlain Homme isn't a fragrance that you 'love at first smell', as it begins with a very sharp and citrus opening -- the mint and lime tended were very sharp and slightly pungent at first sniff. GH is a scent that requires just a bit of patience, and 15 minutes with this will pay the real dividends. Once the notes settle into the heart and base, my first comment was simple: "This is damn nice." It's a fragrance that develops very nicely and moves away from that initial sharpness and yields a soft yet masculine scent where the cedar and vetiver take center stage, and the mojito essence is intriguing enough to tie those two ends together in a way that is elegantly understated.

I compared it to L'Instant de Guerlain, and while both dried into a much different heart and base, GH was much smoother and far more enjoyable. Guerlain Homme, though not a signature scent for me, would be a perfect addition to a spring/summer wardrobe.

pachoulihead
pachoulihead

Opening is strong lime,i don't get alot of mint but it's there and in my opinion creates an incense vibe on the top notes after 5 minutes....middle calms down to the mojito signature of homme and i get more mint coming from the middle also. The base is something unique with vetiver and mojito combined and this is the main reason why this stuff is great....Everything flows together with this fragrance, it is QUALITY juice by guerlain

So,I love the smell of this stuff BUT i don't think it suits my style ,I see a hi-roller wearing this in las vegas...not me chilling in montreal you know what i mean?..

Anyway i won't give up on this juice..worse case scenerio i go to las vegas with my boys and guerlain homme guiding me to the jackpot!!

cheers!

sreluah
sreluah

As she woke up and turned around, I felt the warmth on my skin from her body. she pressed her face into my chest and took a deep inhale. Letting it out slowly she said, I love the way you smell. Thank you Guerlain Homme.

Grottola
Grottola

Halfway between the sparkly anise of Lolita Lempicka and the creamy licorice of Yohji Homme, Guerlain Homme surprised me from the moment I smelled it a few years ago, and it took me a while to figure it out, but I finally have a hold of it. On my skin, Guerlain Homme isn't as much about the tropical lime-mojito accord as it is the anisic rum; an homage, of sorts, to Yohji Homme - even the faint echo of the herbal licorce lives on in Guerlain Homme. Alas, Guerlain Homme is a younger, more active fragrance... cooler and more alert, without the roasted, creme brulee qualities of Yohji Homme. Nor does it have the slick, reliable fougere touch. If you were to think of Yohji Homme as a creme brulee, then Guerlain Homme would be a cake. It has a solid, "cakey" texture to it (smell-wise). However, it's never heavy; it's actually lighter than air. The base is topped off by a beautiful vetiver accord that's rooty and sweet. I only make all the Yohji comparisons because Guerlain Homme does a great job of carrying the torch, and works amazingly for a modern release. There's also an irresistible, sweet green and youthful twang to Guerlain Homme that makes it even more lovable.

To me, the sweetness and mojito facets are highlighted in the Intense version. The citrus comes out mostly in the L'Eau version. Even so, Guerlain Homme is a fragrance that deserves respect. For a young guy like me that finds Yohji Homme to be a bit too intense and mature at times, Guerlain Homme might just be my perfect niche (pun intended, I guess). The sillage and longevity are excellent, and Guerlain Homme proves just one accessible gateway to the complex and legendary fragrance house that is Guerlain.

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

Well done. This house has something in it for EVERYONE...

mermeflorez1978
mermeflorez1978

This cologne is really classy. I've been wearing it for the holidays and this one smells truly special. Now, I don't find it citrusy at all. What I detect the most throughout its lifespan, is the rum note and the mint.

I'm into citrusy scents and I got this one because I read a few reviews about the well-done lime note in it, and because, when I got it, I was planning on buying a big bottle of Concentré d'orange verte, but I couldn't afford it. Then I tested Guerlain Homme (which was on sale at the store), and it smelled citrusy and great to me, it actually reminded me of the Hermes cologne I wanted. So I got Guerlain Homme (without properly testing it, of course) and left the store pretty happy.

Now that I've been wearing it, I'm not impressed at all. It smells classy, that's for sure, but you have to be careful because the flower note in the middle can make it a little feminine for a man, if you apply too much.

However, the biggest flaw in Guerlain Homme is its EXTREMELY POOR longevity. One would expect something of a higher quality from a name like Guerlain. After four hours you won't be able to detect the slightest trace of the base notes. I live in very humid weather, and even the softest colognes last on me for a very long time.

If you believe that longevity is an important factor in your decision making when getting colognes, Guerlain Homme can be one of the biggest disappointments in your life, no matter its great, elegant smell.

qwerty82
qwerty82

I found it way too strong for my liking. Very sharp fragrance.
To me it suits outdoor active younger guys....definitely not a work scent.

PenelopeLA
PenelopeLA

Beautiful scent! Does not make my allergies act up, like a lot of other colognes do. I love this fresh, luxurious smell. Will definitely purchase as a Christmas present for my husband.

katienchris
katienchris

mmmm i like this alot i want my guy to wear this one

DC-8

Tried the tester today in a market. From the very beginning, it stroked my nose. It gave me the feeling of something like Chanel Allure Edition Blanche, while CAEB is warmer, sweeter, citric and vanilla/spicy; this one appears less sweet, powdery, bitter and cool. It's woody with a very moderate volume of the fragrance in a very tranquilizing and classy way. It does match a white suite as well, suitable for an afternoon casual occation or office/daily use as well.

Longevity seems a bit weak, yet a very attractive stuff, indeed. I would vote it 8 of 10 and the only complain is just the longevity issue.

Heverton
Heverton

Guerlain Homme starts of with a very prominent lemon note being followed by a combination of salty notes wheres after a couple minutes fades a little bit leaving space for the star of this fragrance: mojito, and so this fragrance goes until the end.

A fragrance that does not offend anybody but isn't that much pleasant as well, in my opinion. Very different from the usual Guerlain fragrances which I adore.

LiteEmUpGood
LiteEmUpGood

The first blast smells like a mojito and it fantastic but it fades quickly into mediocrity in about 10-15min. The mint smell that remains is nice but nothing I consider worth buying. The longevity was 4 hours and projection was at the skin. I am hoping the intense version has a longer lasting mojito smell, longer longevity and further projection. Definitely test before you buy.

silverfoxx
silverfoxx

lime, mint, and sugar very simple & fresh cologne, that's all nothing groundbreaking...
scent very fresh lime good for hot day
Projection good
Longevity 1 hours on my skins need intense ver

Adrien02
Adrien02

More like a woody aquatic. Fresh and refined. Restrained even. Oh how I would love this as an EDP.
flannelman where do you get the rum and sugar cane notes you mentioned? I don't see it listed but there is a definite sweetness here. You have a very good nose to pick that out. Still would rate this a 9/10 because it is so uncommonly good.

NATALIA LORENZO
NATALIA LORENZO

for edt: the best fresh 'lady' created in the last decades. super sillage and longevity is much more than
good <+12 hrs>.
edp or intense/extreme, etc versions are nothing to do with edt, which is very very much better.

an.jorePipip

Update: I got many many compliments when wearing this perfume. It is fresh and yet sweet spicy at the same time. Bravo!

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

This is an outstanding fresh and citrus fragrance.The notes suggest an overtly "lime" fragrance, but the masterful blending of the similar notes give this brew a gorgeous fresh bouquet. It smells divine on application and in the dry down. I could still smell it on my wrist the following day. If you are fond of fragrances such as Eau de Rochas, Eau Sauvage, and Nina Ricci this beauty is for you. Guerlain has managed to place splendidly fragrant sophistication and distinction in a handsome bottle.

pauluch3
pauluch3

Great summer fragrance for men. I love mojito and I'm going to buy this one for my hubbie next summer:)

It's lime and mint with some vetiver. Really fresh and zingy.

m-hani

با احترام

caliking
caliking

smells very GREEN

this is FRESH, but not soapy kinda fresh,

more like ............Outdoorsy kinda FRESH.

this really comes ALIVE in Hot weather.

DISTANT COUSIN TO CK 1

Xeen
Xeen

love it, but I wish sillage can be stronger... For such a great fragrance, I want everybody to enjoy it

FunkyTomo
FunkyTomo

Just had a little tester vial of this , Yum Yum , what a Gorgeous classy male scent !!

I shall be buying it for a man i know !

Got it on my wrist now , cant stop sniffing !! SO SEXY AND MANLY _ MMMM!!

Mikeyb50
Mikeyb50

I like this alot, went on the guerlain website and it had a 'fragrance secret' which said that if to use the guerlain homme shower gel and then apply this fragrance it lasts all day........and yes it truly does, must be something in the gel

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Fresh, green, sophisticated, after one of the best openings that i ever felt, comes the mojito, with a touch of alcoholic and sugar tastes, wonderfull!! Projection is good , longevity too, but could be better. I´ll try the EDP version and Intense.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

Citrusy,minty fresh fragrance.
More suitable for spring and fall,and really versatile can be worn on casual or formal.
It open really invigorating with a crisp lime and mint and sweetness ,i dont know if it's from lime or mohito contain sugar.
Dry down to some cheap soapy scent like deodorant smell.
It get compliment but now way to beat the intense version.
Longevity 6 hours with good projection in first 2 hours then stick to the skin.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

I don't much about houses so I can't compare this to any other Guerlain. As a matter of fact I have never smelled another Guerlain so I will compare this to what I have smelled. Initially there is a burst of mint and lime, it dries down in somewhere between 2-3 hours and is fairly linear. You continue to get the minty/lime smell but is joined by the vetiver I guess. It becomes creamy powdery sort of like a powder where someone has sprayed a could sprays of mint or lime over it.

What do I think personally? I like it, I like it a lot. Sticks rather close to the skin in a few hours but the longevity is about 6-7 hours and if you want to continue to smell it may need a couple of hits to freshen up. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the fragrance and everything right. If you don't like the minty lime smell then avoid this but if you want something different than all of the aquatic fresh scents then this is a definite buy. Women like though you may not get a round of applause for wearing it. I enjoy sniffing my wrist with this one all day.

Edit: I actually just blind bought L'Instant, so I will have another Guerlain to compare it to shortly.

When we think about Guerlain we expect a much better fragrance than this one, but unfortunately this time all we got is an anonimous and derivative male scent. Lime on top joined in a while by a bit of rum and vetiver. T-h-a-t-'s-i-t ! Banal! One-hand clapping for Guerlain Homme. Disappointment.

Rating: 5/10 but I'm tempted to give it 3/10 because it's from Guerlain.

an.jorePipip

I tried to put it on my wrist. At first crispy citrusy note bursting to my nose, but then after a while it brings on smell of cedar. For me this perfume develops so well on my skin, the drydown is kind of powdery. Like it!

periquito89
periquito89

It is creamy and smoky to my nose. Trying from a sample I really liked it, but having a bottle today I hardly use. I like wines and Pepsis, but whiskys and cigars come to my mind when I smell this scent. A bit boring to smelling all day long, as I figured by now, once I am used to, and like very much, a scent like Chic for Men. As usual, it's a mather of place, weather and occasion.

naizzzak
naizzzak

for me i like it soooo much at the beginning i mean the two beginning hours r gorgeous coz u will smell very energetic and zesty with the striking freshing start but after a while an ordinary frag smell all the way end and it smells like the humble barber shop lemon frag

zecheiroso

Top *****
Heart *****
Base ****
Final score *****

Good, good stuff. A blind purchase to make a statement (the other one will be Bleu), I was expecting it to be good but GH surprised me. It's way above the average easy smelling stuff we can find today. It's easy to wear but still superbly made. You might not like its style, but denying its quality is just making a fool of yourself.

The good
It's contemporary and yummy, I didn't think such an accord of whole sugarcane/whole mango (not skinned) could be possible in designer scents. It feels like a cloud of ripe produce following me around, and I do know how real sugarcane and mango are. The moment it transitions from the lime to that sweet accord is probably my favourite smell in perfumery so far.
The opening is somewhat close to L'Instant but not as fresh as I thought. The lime is sharper than most, though, almost too much. Not amazing but still good.
I didn't get much mint nor mojito and I've tasted both in real form.
The drydown isn't as appealing after that heart but still distinctive and memorable. Some green leaves, it must be the rhubarb. The woods can be seen at a distance but it's different from the usual woody drydown affair. The rum/sugarcane stays to the very end.
Now I can't guess whether I will feel like wearing it during the winter months but I'd wear it anywhere and anytime, I love that modern versatile style.
Staying power is superior and I stopped counting after the 9th hour. I sprayed paper and left it in my wardrobe and it's still fragrant after 3 days.

The bad
The lime screams too much and it mutes the mint/mojito.
I like the fact it's more on the unisex side but that's funny given the name.

The ugly
Explosive initial burst followed by an ever weakening sillage. By the time it reaches the heart notes it's mostly a private scent.
Ok, I concede there's nothing animalistic in GH.

For the modern times haters: stop lying. At least tell it's a good scent you don't like.
Also, it must be tested on skin: on paper it turned out to be some sharp citrus boring affair.

miss_pink
miss_pink

I sampled this one at the Guerlain counter the other day. I did it just for fun, since I was looking for My Insolence.

I must say Homme was a great surprise. The sales lady sprayed it on a card for me and I loved it since the first sniff.

Thierry Wasser completely read my mind: Homme is exactly how I imagine a perfect beau smells like. The fragrance is elegant without being over the top.

I adore the combination of natural-smelling citruses with the woods (which give depth to the composition) and some spices that, without being too strong, give Homme a distinctive touch. As time goes by, the fragrance becomes darker and more woody, but its freshness never fades. It was also long-lasting, even on a paper strip.

Besides the fragrance, I also loved the ad; am I the only one who thinks the model if absolutely gorgeous?

Honestly, as a woman I do not think I would be able to resist a man who wears this enchanting fragrance.

diorshowman
diorshowman

it seems everyone is disliking this fragrance because it doesnt have the vintage Guerlain DNA in it. but it is not Guerlain's intention to make this one a vintage Guerlain, rather Guerlain wanted to make a modern scent for the modern man.so you have to judge this scent based on that, what Guerlain INTENDED to do, not what they didnt do.so....based on what Guerlain INTENDED to do, this is a great scent. it is vert fresh and green at the top, and dries down to a smooth sweet mint scent. this is similar to Gucci Envy, which is very green, but Guerlain Homme is much sweeter. this is a great versatile scent, one that is non-offensive, and can work for many occasions: school, work, night out. the only problem i have with this fragrance though is that it perhaps is too safe and is reminiscent of many of the fresh and aqautics of today....

Longevity:B
Projection:B
Uniqueness:B-
Versatility:A
OVERALL: B

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

very zesty feeling..feels like im drinking margarita and mojito drinks...great for summer fragrance...sweet salty feeling for me...very refreshing..maybe next summer ill buy me some

Gelladon
Gelladon

Good summer or daytime fragrance. Maybe could work for a club or a party but you probably won't stand out from all the Le Male that will be in the air.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

This is a great summer day fragrance.
Lovely composition of fresh and natural notes. Very green, very pleasant but also very unexciting. I find the commercial very misleading as this is a very uncomplicated everyday scent for the office and for a holiday but it is by no means special or unique (okay fair enough I cannot recall another scent with Mojito extracts but that is the only uniqueness about it).
It seems that ever since the LVMH Group has taken over Guerlain, they are looking for cash cows focussing on great advertising and packaging but not so much on pushing the envelope of perfume craftmanship!!
Good Summer scent with little silleage and poor longevity: C

I am so delightful and I don't even know where to begin describing this Guerlain Homme. Finally, I found a zesty sweet scent that is not too sharp or strong like a household cleaner. It seems to hit all the right spots as well. Just smooth, sweet and zesty enough to enjoy the moment. I do get the green tea and mojito vibes too; new to me. It's very refreshing and I can't stop sniffing my wrist. And don't over spray because this is still a strong fragrance! I wish I had a bigger bottle!

Omega Man
Omega Man

This is a high-class version of a typical modern citrus woody. It's strong and long-lasting and smells very good but, for me, the aroma is too sharp.

andrevarx
andrevarx

Very fine wood of this EDT. Lasting on my skin about 8 hours. Quite bright and sharp, refreshing, for all season and even for formal events. Just a good fragrance. Age range universal.

jtappenden
jtappenden

Yet another recent discovery.This is a really fantastic fragrance.

Endymion
Endymion

I really don't think Guerlain Homme would be an exact copy of Cartier's Roadster. I only like Guerlain Homme while adore Roadster. Roadster is very minty, fresh, a bit soft, strong and projects very well. But Guerlain Homme is more a skin scent I think and its rum aroma is quite present.

carlosdavidz
carlosdavidz

A delicious fragrance. Ii is all I have to say.

Rich28
Rich28

Smelt this today, it's almost an exact copy of Roadster by Cartier. In both, the mint and vetiver are very prominent, I prefer roadster however.

bronstein
bronstein

Not bad, but not very distinctive. No one will ever complain about this one, but don't expect compliments for wearing it either.

vdxl
vdxl

A very nice citrus woody fragrance. Even if it has something slightly green and aquatic, it is very sophisticated: not in the style of Guerlain( forgot about Guerlinade), but great. Extremely long lasting, powerful sillage, this one smells like a very well crafted lemon juice. Fans of Acqua di Gio will also love this one, as it is very soft, without losing its sillage.

guest_Federal_86
guest_Federal_86

A comfortable fragrance, you can feel that this EDT has a talc sensation in it, but that's the reason why this is so comfortable. I tried twice in the store, but in the second I was decided to add this to my favourities EDT. This one is a unique fragrance and very exlcusive, a master piece of Guerlain. The drydown is wonderful, a very well balanced mix of ingredients, but that's not a tropical fragrance as GUERLAIN wants to promote, definitely that's a french european fragance, reminds me the XIX century french ages, where luxury and desire were predominant. That's not a bad boy fragrance. This one is made for those who love the best things in life: a exclusive car, a pretty woman, good food, and a great refined cigar.

da_markos
da_markos

I also can't see any animalisctic notes in this one. Like many ppl said this one is well-balanced office/evening/suit scent.
They did well with mint note. It is pertecible but not dominant. IMHO it's difficult chalange in making good fragrance.

MR.ClickClick
MR.ClickClick

Heard about it. Hunted for it. Saw it. Tested it out. Didn't like it at first, but as it dried down it got better and better. This to me is definitely not a casual/daytime scent. It has a modern, evening wear, semi-formal/formal kind of vibe or if you work at a high paying job wearing suits or something. Very sophisticated to me.

In my opinion it is identical to Roberto Cavalli's Man but slightly sweeter and more mature. Like the father to Roberto.

I've never actually smelt an actual mojito before but I'm sure it's the legs of this fragrance because I do picture myself in a nice lounge sipping on an alcoholic beverage when I smell Guerlain Homme. The mint is very noticable as well. The lime has a nice place in the top notes too. I wouldn't say it's a "fresh" scent just clean, if that makes any sense, lol. Clean-cut perhaps? /shrug

The projection is really good. I only have one spray on one of my wrist and I keep smelling it. Less is more. It's nice and potent. Top quality if you ask me. It's not overpowering at all or offensive. It's quite inviting actually.

With all that said it truly is a well put together cologne. I picture guys ages 30+ wearing it mostly. I personally can't pull this one off, it out classes me. Me wearing this is like a 5th grader wearing Cool Water. It's just strange and unnecessary. o_O

loveperfumes
loveperfumes

In my opinion, the scent is not that animalistic as the poster says, so it could be quite relevant in the office jungle and I wouldn’t mind feeling this smooth mint-citrus woody cocktail on a first date. It makes me respect a man who wears it and at the same time expect some interesting twists about his personality.

alexkos
alexkos

I got this wonderful scent about week ago. I was expecting something very light and very fresh and citrusy, but instead of this, when I open the silvery box and take of the cap, I smelled something very interesting, sophisticated, not overpowering and not light in the same time. It really smells little bit like talc, but the whole fragrance that comes ot from the first spritz is AMAZING. I really don't have enough words to explain this masculine adventure. It is neither spicy nor flower. It is something that you can not stop smelling. It is so simple and so complicated together, you can't say, that it smells of something regular or something definite. It is a perfume for every age, occasion, weather and season. Just love it.

Budaqueen
Budaqueen

I have bought this for my man, and it suits him perfectly. I have totally fallen in love with this fragrance and I am so glad I bought it (spur of the moment thing, I did not even really smell it). It has an amazing staying power on him. I was suprised to see that it has the mojito notes... It is my favourite drink so it is probably why I love this scent so much.

Diablo
Diablo

I dont care what people thinks of this beautiful fragrance but in my nose it smells of pardise. Just because is The Guerlain who made it, is not important that it should be just perfect for your taste and requirements.

it is fresh, sweet and warm at the same time and perfect for all seasons and especially for the evening.

I love this fragrance and I feel as a wild animal(bad boy),sexy and attractive.

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

My boyfriend and I recently purchased this fragrance for his best friend for his graduation from law school. It was tough deciding on a fragrance for a clean-cut and preppy, yet trendy man in his mid-twenties, but we found this one to be perfect.

Staying true to it's reference to the mojito, Guerlain Homme is refreshing and minty, clean and citrusy. The mint lasts for quite a while and though the lime is definitely there, it's not bitter, nor overpowering at all.

This is a great choice for someone just starting out in a new profession - in our friend's case: someone who doesn't usually wear fragrance and going from student to law professional. It smells great and stays relatively close to the skin, yet it makes a classy statement and is stylish without being too trendy.

Modern, classic and fresh; it's a safe bet if you're looking for a fragrance gift for a clean-cut young man who will be wearing a suit to work every day. The mint and citrus definitely provide a cooling effect.

iMaverick
iMaverick

Oh NO! The Guerlain that's not very...uhm GUERLAIN! There was much anticipation for this, but fell short of my expectations of Guerlain. Thierry Wasser has taken the house outside of its normal "boundaries" and created a fresh and modern approach (read younger) to this scent.

It starts with a mild "mojito" accord of fresh citruses and a mild mint. Nothing to awaken the senses with curiosity. Pleasant, refreshing, and you start detecting hints of a deep seated masculinity about this scent. There is a floral heart, not awfully perceivable or noticeable, but I give this credit because this is the mark of great classic perfumery--Luca Turin always mentions that there should be a floral note in all perfumes, including masculine perfumes.

At the base, this is where the "animal" emerges. The scent becomes warmer, animalic, not in the sense of an oriental type of fragrance, but you smell a restrained sexuality with the use of vetiver, a deep cedar, and I suspect patchouli to round out and give off that sensual "sweaty" B.O. accord.

Overall, the scent is basically a fresh scent with a sensuous base. Wasser, as I have read, was trying to be comical with its creation by being very un-Guerlain about the scent.

A good creation, but I'm still sitting on the fence wondering if this is befitting of the Guerlain house's heritage.

Darius HIldenbrandt
Darius HIldenbrandt

personally me this fragrance very disappointed, because I as other perfume lovers know more better and very distinctive perfumes of GUerlain. Fragrance is enough boring and ordinary, even vulgar , non poetic - especial when you compare it with such Guerlain's masterpieces as Vetiver, Habit Rouge, Instant, Coriolan, L'Instant de Guerlain pour homme... In future I hope GUerlain noses will create more better perfume pour homme....of course, it's my very personal opinion

crfan
crfan

Superb fragrance. Be sure to test this when you go to a store. It is exceptionally modern and charming. A girl told me that it was the second ever fragrance that made her want to eat a man after JPG Le Male :)

bluecoast
bluecoast

A nice scent, I also like the bottle. But it's too tame, too restrained, where is the statement? It may be good for certain occasions, but honestly I would not compare it with Vétiver, L'Instant or Habit Rouge by Guerlain.

guest_cute lila
guest_cute lila

I have bought this for my man, its really manly when i smell it and I am sure he will like. I can wait to smell it on him.

this is God!I've never smelled a fragrance for men that smells as provocative as this one.it's like it's screaming :"I'm expensive,I'm sexy"
although it has some kind of classic smelling,it's blended in the modern way.very sensual,very provocative, very strong and very luxury!
I really got the lime scent at the first sniff.mint is very well mixed.it's not like toothpaste.it's like a man who smells very good.
I'm sure I can't resist the man who wears this!

acc
acc

I finally tested this, i have been very excited that Guerlain introduced a new fragrance and marketed it with the duality concept.

When i felt the bottle in my hands i was amazed. CK Euphoria and Terre D'Hermes both have metal/glass bottles but Guerlain Homme is much more successful with the mix. The use of metal makes the bottle extremely attractive.

I was amazed when i had the first spray. I could smell fresh, green and alcoholic notes.

Then the alcoholic notes weakened and floral-woody notes came in.

4-5 hours later, all aromatic notes faded away. Woody notes stayed moderately close to my skin. After 6-7 hours the scent was completely gone. So, this is moderate in terms of lasting power.

I do not agree the campaign at all. I could not live any phase which was capable of making me get in touch with the animal inside. The fragrance was all about modernity.

This is a very unique fragarance. Utterly modern. I have some fragarances
that contain rum, vodka and other alcoholic beverages and i really like them. But i do not classify them as animalic just because they contain alcoholic notes that turns a human to an animal when consumed. So, i guess majority would agree that just because this fragarance contains does not mean that it will be animalic.

In summary, this is a very modern, fresh-green-flowery-woody fragrance. It can be used anytime and anywhere.

dancam86
dancam86

I haven´t been able to try this one yet because where I live it´s kind of hard to find good fragrances (other than mainstream like Hugo or D&G by the price of course of 400 US$ each :o) but it sounds very interesting in spite of the very diverse opinions. I´m looking forward to try it when I travel overseas for the holidays

Morissett
Morissett

I actually admire this fragrance. If you leave all the Perfume mogul brand "Guerlain" aside, you may actually find its playful part.

The green (mint) accord, part of "Mojito accord," is really good, lasting across two major parts, which are citrus and floral. So, in general, I kinda get the idea of dualism, an idea they put in the press release. (But please, leave this "For the animal in you" campaign, it's just misleading.)

So, it's not resembling an animalism figure. To me, Guerlain Homme presents a sophisticated, non-conformist character, at a bar, definitely not in jungle.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

I'm very agree with CountAnubis. If this one came from CK, or Hugo, or Versace. It's ok. But Homme comes from Guerlain. It's such a big disappointment. It's just an everage scent. Some fresh, some spicy, some woody thing. Everything's balance. It's modern, easy to smell, and more easy to find it boring. The bottle is ugly, like fake. This scent's is not mature enough to have the animality in its contain.

CountAnubis
CountAnubis

Its sadly quite boring. Its just a fresh mainstream scent. Extremly balanced without any edges or interesting twists.
Just fresh at the beginning, with a hint of mint, lime and a bit of frutiness, than a bit spiciy and than the averge aromatic main notes that make you think you've smelled them before in so many other creations.

I mean its not bad, its absolutly balanced, but its boring, has nothing new.So its maybe the right present for somone who dont have much fragrances or even no one. Its a good "Beginners" fragrance. ;)

But the advert is realy missleading, because there is definitly no animalistic side, its just fresh even kind of sporty and aromatic. I thought Guerlain had more courage in creating fragrances but maybe even they realized they must throw out somthing "mainstreamy" for the upcoming christmas business like so many other brands.

05 out of 10 Points

dunatko
dunatko

must agree!the bottle is nice... campaign ok... only slogan ist not best one... for this fragrance:-)its first fresh but not very long...then too strong and my nose hate it:-( maybe its too much only for me... and where ist the animal thing???

urobian
urobian

simply wonderful.. sure this will open many opinions ,

the floral-fruity base mixed with some spicy touch make it very unique and modern.. dont think in classics guerlain with this, the brand tried to open views to a younger vibe...

guest_mourad
guest_mourad

its good and manly i dont know why is this criticism, its fresh and masculine with a very nice sweet dry down.

ticalau
ticalau

on top notes it's fresh... but after it's very,very,very gross,havey... i belive it's for the smoker man! And i also don't like the fact that they made a very aggressive publicity... just to mutch!

vertigo
vertigo

I am also disappointed! I expected it more spicy, manly, spontaneous and wild :)
this is certainly not for a tiger, not to mention the lion ;)
rather for the office cat!

flannelman
flannelman

I am currently trying this and so far I am disappointed. Perhaps because this is quite different from previous Guerlain scents for men, which I usually quite like. Yes, the "mojito accord", the lime and the mint are there and very noticeable in the opening notes. Fresh, but nothing ground-breaking. This develops into what seems to be (to me) a very disorganised floral heart which I didn't like much. The sweet woody base then makes a welcome appearance, but to me it is a little too sweet, perhaps because of the rum and sugar cane notes. On a side note, the ads say "For the animal in you", yet there is obviously *nothing* animalistic in this fragrance.

Guerlain Homme by Guerlain 4.20 out of 5 based on 921 ratings and 161 user reviews

Sample
Guerlain Homme After Shave by Guerlain, 3.4 oz After Shave Gel for Men
Guerlain Homme Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Guerlain Homme Eau De Toilette Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Guerlain Homme
GUERLAIN HOMME for MEN by Guerlain SET-EDT SPRAY 2.7 OZ HAIR AND BODY WASH 2.5 OZ TOILETRY BAG
Guerlain Homme Cologne by Guerlain, 2.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Guerlain Homme Cologne by Guerlain, 2.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Men
Guerlain Homme Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Guerlain Homme Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Guerlain Homme Eau De Toilette Spray 80ml 2.7oz
Guerlain Homme Eau De Toilette Spray 80ml 2.7oz
Guerlain Homme Eau De Parfum Spray 80ml 2.7oz
Guerlain Homme Eau De Parfum Spray 80ml 2.7oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Guerlain Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Guerlain Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Guerlain Homme by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Guerlain Homme by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.