Designers » F-H » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Guerlain Homme Intense Guerlain for men
dislike

I have it: 640 I had it: 149 I want it: 719 My signature: 26

rum
Guerlain Homme Intense Guerlain for men Pictures Guerlain Homme Intense Guerlain for men Pictures

Guerlain Homme Intense (Eau de Parfum Intense) appears on the market as an improved, deeper and more sensual version of the last year’s Guerlain Homme edition, created by the perfumers Thierry Wasser and Sylvaine Delacourte.

The composition of the more intensive Guerlain seducer is also blended by the principle of dualism – human and animalistic, emphasizing at the top notes green aromas of mint, rhubarb leaf and narcotic rum. The heart of the fragrance is a floral bouquet of geranium, wrapped up in the woody base of patchouli, cedar and vetiver.

The bottle of Guerlain Homme Intense carries the same modern form as the previous one, made by Pininfarine out of metal and glass. The new edition is formed out of dark – grey glass and dark – grey metal plate, pointing out the more intensive and stronger aromas. It is expected to be available for sale from September 2009 as 50 and 80 ml EDP.

Mint Rhuburb Mojito

Floral Notes Geranium Rum

Vetiver Patchouli Virginia Cedar

Guerlain Homme

Guerlain Homme Intense Fragrance Reviews

AND-MAT

I don't know why I always steered away from this one. A Guerlain fan like myself and in love with Guerlain Homme, I never decided to try the intense one. When I finally decided to try it, the tester was already empty but I managed to squirt just a little bit of juice out of the bottle.

For me... It is too similar to Guerlain homme. A little "Darker"? Idk but it's DNA is absolutely there. And the scent is wonderful. You can't expect that the liquid contained in that black bottle and labeled intense is a fresh, summery, minty fragrance. I can detect the rum and a bit dose of vetiver.

Although I still slightly prefer the original over this one, the two have enough differences mainly because of the rum note which is more detected here while the original has a dominant mojito accord.

All in all, a very good summer perfume that showed me that intense does not necessarily means winter fragrance. 8/10

Mr Cornells
Mr Cornells

After getting Encre Noire from a lady friend who runs a posh fragrance shop (read my Encre Noire Review), I took a leap of faith to get this unflinchingly dapper cologne! Guerlain Homme Intense opens with a minty blast laced with "greenness", which transmeates to a warm heart of geranium, before berthing with an invigorating base of patchouli, Vetiver. This is one of my numerous blind buys this year and I've got no regrets. Coming in an 80ml flacon, one is hard pressed to adjudge that this cologne should be spritzed sparingly (even tho' deep inside me I'd love to convert it for my daily office wear)! Permit me to re-echo what "mo212" wrote, "If you look for classy, high quality, confidence, long lasting perfume, then Guerlain Homme Intense is the one."
On a final note, being my first Guerlain cologne, I'm curious and looking forward to buying others (like Habit Rouge EDP, Santal Royal and any unflinchingly dapper 2015 release by Monsieur Wasser)!

the_badger
the_badger

Where is the rum? After a splash of mint in the opening which is nice - too bad it doesn't last - and after half an hour you are left with just lime and vetiver. Another BdC/grey vetiver type of scent, safe for office and formal environments, but nothing to write home about.

sameh
sameh

Guerlain Homme Intense by Guerlain is a great fragrance it's suitable for all day long ( going out night or day or going to the office.
It's a Mint fragrance , it's the dominating note & it's almost what I can get from but don't get me wrong as in life I love mint it's like as if you are smelling all kinds of Mint ( mint candy , mint drink , mint leaves , sweet mint ) .
Longevity & Sillage are about 6 to 7 hours.
P.S. I'm talking about the new bottle design , I have the old one , I will try it to compare.

OdorMiris
OdorMiris

I so wanted to love this fragrance...especially since it was a gift from a loved one...and from the house of Guerlain!
Basically, IMO, a very weak boozy vetiver. Not an unpleasant fragrance, but for me, nothing more. Longevity is, again for me, no more than an hour and remains as a 'skin scent' for about another 2 hours...
I will stay with my Guerlain Vetiver which I feel delivers far more than GHI....again, my opinion. Sorry, just wasn't what I anticipated....

Chicago Tony T

If you are looking for a boozy scent that is appropriate for all seasons wearability then look no further. The boozy notes are offset by the mint and vetiver which appeals very much in any type of weather. This is the counterpart to Bentley Intense as it is more summery and the Bentley is more of a fall/winter night scent. Personally, I believe that these 2 are the best bang for your buck boozy scents available as they are both under $50. The Guerlain is a bit more moderate in the performance department but nevertheless a standout.

farang
farang

Hmm, Intense? I cannot smell it much on me, though my co-worker says it is quite powerful and pleasant. Must be some of the ingredients that appeal more to certain noses. It is certainly pleasant, starting 'fresh' and develops into something more 'woody'. But rather generic to my nose although it is a Guerlain. In the end, it is difficult to assess since my experience is different from my friend's.

our lee
our lee

I think that Colin Maillard (below) sums this Guerlain up perfectly. I have very little to add, except that longevity seems to be an issue with me. I am only getting a couple of hours performance from it before it is gone. Such a shame, as the scent is perfect.

EDIT: There really is nothing 'intense' about this. The more I have used it, the more I recognise that performance is really, really poor. (And I did buy it from a reputable seller so I have no doubts about it being genuine.) Longevity is no more than 2 hours max.

If you are after something intense, please look for another option.

Knightofwands
Knightofwands

This is NOTHING like Midnight in Paris. I have and love both of these scents and they are completely different, but both majestic!

mo212
mo212

If you look for classy, high quality, confidence, long lasting perfume, then Guerlain Homme Intense is the one. It is one of these few perfumes that have the full package a "perfumaholic" would wish for. Instant love from the first sniff. Longevity on clothes will last more than 12 hours, on skin around 8 hours

longevity 9.5/10
sillage 9.5/10
scent 10/10

gedlive
gedlive

This was the first Guerlain I didn't like, and I have 7 of them.
The base notes of cedar and vetiver are stuffy and unrecognizable. A stuffy ugly fragrance covered with rhubarb and mint , the composition is all wrong. I read the bad reviews of the original and stayed clear of it. Opon reading many favorable reviews of the intense I blind bought a bottle, and I cant use it. If the original was unlikable the intense is intensly unlikable. It reminded me of "Midnight in Paris" another one I didn't like but many do. Try befor you buy.

On paper this frag was a bit nicer, some frags just dont mix with certain skin types, as is the case for me with this one.

Rating: 6.5/10

pars2002
pars2002

Ultimate love, unbelievable freshness and Masculinity. Excellent presentation in an extremely beautiful falcon, Easy to wear at the same time. Without any doubt it is one of the greatest contemporary men's frags.

JeffreyHan
JeffreyHan

definite quality.. insanely easy to wear..
deep clean with a hint of aromatic accord..

masterpiece.. guerlain never let me down, including this one..

a really safe for blind buy...
can't go wrong with this.

Soldatel
Soldatel

This is a discrete EDP version, with light projection but a very refined scent, for daily use and very easy to wear. It is fresh but in an elegant way, very strong and greeny in the opening and after that it resembles to a minty boozy scent. I would recommend wearing it as a daytime scent and for casual evenings. For me it projects well for about 3-4 hours (an arms length) after that it goes to skin and stays for another 4-5 hours.
It is not similar to any other perfumes I have smelled except the 2 listed above. Could be a safe blind buy for a sniffer.
I rate 9/10 for the scent 7/10 for longevity and a 6/10 for projection.

weaselize
weaselize

tried it today. After reading these reviews i expected something totally different. Smells exactly like potpourri, a little messy, created to fast and too easy. i think the original is better but without a doubt i prefer l'homme boisée

lgbailey86

This is ridiculously easy to wear. It's fresh, clean, sexy. Dry and woody and minty and boozy and boozy floral in the late mid. You do get a taste of jammy, sharp rhubarb in the open. Just nice and relaxed but clean and presentable. This is a European take on the popular Caribbean type tropical fragrances a la Virgin Island Water or the Tommy offerings. There is enough nuance to get lost in it but it is not challenging or muddled either.

eliweisz
eliweisz

Powerful mojito opening, very uplifting. In a few minutes, the scent evolves into something complex and elegant, developing nice minty and rhubarb notes (with a grain of spice). Further development is exciting, with cedar and patchouli gently stepping in, accompanied by vetiver, and soft but noticeable floral notes. The drydown is mostly green (vetiver-mint-patchouli), enhanced with occasional whiffs of rum and carnation.
One of the scents you won't notice on yourself after a few hours, and then it's here, making you exclaim: 'Who's wearing this wonderful cologne? Ah, it's me!'
Next day, it emanates from your clothes - fresh, clean, natural, almost lavender-like. Great longevity, decent sillage, suitable for every season and occasion.
A true Guerlain, instant classic. Love it.

alexavel
alexavel

i just received 3 vials from guerlain, boase, linstant and intense. went for intense. opening sharp and going straight to mojito,a good one btw. then i kept distance from my arm to let the composition hit my nose as a whole. magically all together falls in place. A fusion emerges and it is not only the mojito anymore , its little sweet, warmth yet balanced by the green. i think its just perfect for the proposition of this fragrance. spring , summer and night.

now its time to make that phone call to guerlain canada.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Guerlain Homme Intense is one of those scents which seem deceptively “generic”, while instead scream quality and class like a very few others. All is quality for me here: the materials, the composition, the evolution. Still keeping it incredibly versatile and crowdpleasing. You can enjoy a crisp office scent without caring about its subtle superb quality, or you can dive into it and amaze yourself with Guerlain’s heritage on display – because, yes, Guerlain Homme Intense still belongs to “the great Guerlain’s” (unlike, for instance, L’Homme Idéale). Citrus, bergamot, bracing mint and its floral counterpart – geranium, other floral notes, bitter grass, a crunchy rhubharb note, a drop of rhum, sharp cozy woods. Dozens of mainstream green-woody perfumes feature these same notes, but what once was “the Guerlain treatment” brings them all up to another level here. Which is the realm of pure understated elegance. You just have to smell this to get what I mean. It’s a matter of radiance, richness, a perfect balance of realisticness, deepness and “polished” cleanliness. Then, all nuances are just so deep and sparkling, morphing and evolving under your nose, in a subtle but totally perceivable way.

Homme Intense starts with a bracing, invigorating and fresh slap of citrus, mint and grassy notes, then slowly revealing a warmer heart of rhum, geranium, pepper and woods, slowly drifting to an incredibly refined drydown which features a throwback in time – a really old-school, top notch quality smoky-salty vetiver note. Which is dry and woody, but perfectly enriched by rhum and made greener by a nondescript sort of bracing grassy-floral accord. All – I mean, all! – of these notes, try to imagine them in the best quality and crispness possible, blended together in a bright, cozy blend fitting you like a bespoke suit. Pure delight. The texture is clean and transparent, mostly green-woody with a slightly more unusual palette of nuances – rhum, rhubarb, a slight earthy-vegetable feel reminding me of good old Coriolan... Everything is perfectly safe and classic, even slightly formal, yet perfectly contemporary, as an everyday fragrance for “the modern elegant men” is meant to be. Fresh and sensual. This is my idea of modern luxury in a bottle; high quality and discreet elegance – and don’t have me started speaking about quality versus price, ‘cause the price of Guerlain Homme Intense makes any other self-claimed “luxury” scent look more ridicoulous than they already are. The only flaw of this fragrance is that maybe it is... a tad really too “apparently-generic” to be appreciated as it deserves. If I was more presumptuous I would rate this “for connoisseurs only”, but – aside from being uselessly pretentious – that wouldn’t do justice to the versatility and the positive “crowdpleasing” nature of this fragrance. Just, don’t underrate this.

8-8,5/10

Dad jax

fan.of.devin you are totally right,it seems like you said all what i wanted to say, very genuine for a hot summer day really, good one and very classic and not synthetic at all so pure and original.
Its not sky shaker but different as a summer scent.
Sweet frag lovers must try, only issue which i feel is with average projection after 2 hours though longevity is solid 9 hours plus in summer and on clothes believe me 18 hours plus but i heard its reformulated, that will be no good.

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

I wanted to add something different to my collection for this summer and chose this. It is refreshing but has good body too it. I enjoy summer "freshness", but I'm not a lover of aquatics and I still like a fragrance to have considerable depth and character... For the summer I enjoy the likes of Terre d'Hermes, Grey Vetiver etc. and this will go along nicely for the hot months. The mint/rum Mojito vibe was a great concept and I think it works really well as a package. The rhubarb note is extremely well integrated and has been instrumental to creating a "come hither" sex appeal. We also have subtle floral/spicy/woody nuances in the background, opening things up to make a sensual, cultivated, contemporary and cooling masculine fragrance. I think this scent has great potential and I can definitely see it doing well this summer. Now, errr... Where's that Mojito? Ahhhh, there it is... Cheers ;-)

andonirdc
andonirdc

For me, Guerlain Homme edp Intense is a love story.

A few years back, when I was 14, my tant gave me a bottle of DKNY Red Delicious for Men along with some samples, including this beauty…
It was love at first sight and I wanted to buy it so badly but it was far too expensive at that time (98€/80ml; Belgium).

Two years later, I found a great bargain in Spain for the edt version and blind bought it (46€/80ml; Spain). I wouldn’t say that it was a mistake as I really enjoyed the juice but it wasn’t anything close to what I loved about the edp…

When I graduated from high school at the age of 17, my mother took me to the perfume shop and told me that I could choose what I wanted, I obviously went straight to the Guerlain counter. She bought me the big bottle at that horrifying price. The SA looked confused as she thought that was a gift for someone older. I was so happy to finally have it !!

Guerlain Homme edp Intense obviously became my signature scent. I was so drunk in love with my bottle. :)
Everybody says it smells beautifully good…
If you have never smelled it yet, think about the elegant young men in its early 30ies in a suit  leaving a bold and beautiful trail in the metro every morning… That’s how I picture it and how I feel every time I wear it : bold and alluring (yes).

Now let’s talk about something disappointing : I swear it was reformulated, I swear !

I don’t know if it has anything to do with the new box/bottle and the price drop but I would bet my whole perfume collection that it is the case, unfortunately…

I had 3 "old" bottle : the ones with the carbon plate glued on the front of the bottle in the cute zebra-like inside box. THAT was the perfect juice with good lasting power (8h+) and great sillage (not a bomb but noticeable). (98€/80ml; Belgium)

But now I’m on my second "new" bootle : no carbon plate, just a dark glass bottle in a simple black inside box. The scent lasts 6h and projects poorly, it’s hardly noticeable. (78€/80ml; Belgium)

I did the test and took my "new" bottle to the perfume shop and compared it on my skin along with the tester which was of the "old" bottle. There’s no comparison, the SA was shocked as well… I tried to buy the tester but that was a big NO ahah. :-p

Well, let’s say all good things come to an end…

I still "enjoy" wearing it but that’s not the same magic anymore.
But I have to admit I’m delighted when someone tells me I smell delicious with this, I feel like in a very special relationship with it ahah
The other day at University I was told "What’s great when sitting next to you is that you always smell good !" and in this case I was wearing Guerlain Homme edp Intense. :)

fan.of.devin
fan.of.devin

My favorite of the Guerlain house so far, the other contenders being Heritage, which I found pretty boring and old manish, and LIDGE, which I found fairly similar to Dior Homme Intense.

This is very boozy, woody, and just slightly and naturally minty; like holding fresh, uncrushed mint leafs to your nose.

A nice scent, and a very interesting option for warm weather, with OK projection and good longevity. The rum here is very warm and restrained, not remotely cloying or synthetic.

Personally though, this is a bit too upscale office guy smelling for me. I'm making a mental note to revisit this when I'm in my 30s, if I ever get a job that involves a cubicle or power meetings, or if I suddenly have a lot of formal events to attend.

chford
chford

Nice but nothing great or exceptional...bought as a blind buy based on reviews...was a Lil disappointed..its peppery woodsy and green...I can think of many others that I prefer over this but overall I would give this a 7/10... Not really my thing...I prefer something fresher and crisp more noticeable...

TheMan McEssien

Thanks, BigPhatJohn. Tho' I love my flacons in 100ml, I'd still have to purchase this Guerlain Homme Intense EDP. But I wish...

bigphatjohn
bigphatjohn

No there isn't. Only 50ml and 80ml.

TheMan McEssien

Given the positive reviews here on Guerlain Homme Intense EDP, I think I could give it a try. Perhaps! Isnt there a 100ml flacon out there?

ShiveringTimber
ShiveringTimber

I have been around a lot of Guerlain fragrances in my life. My mom, who is now 70, says she was wearing Shalimar before I was born and still wears it today. She's always telling me she wishes I would find "my" Shalimar. I really thought this Homme Intense could be it, but I'm going to say it's not. First, I paid a fairly high price for a 2.7 ounce bottle of it, around $105 USD. I sprayed it on, loved the opening though it reminded me exactly of Guerlain Homme EdT. I do really like the regular version of Guerlain Homme, but it's 1/3 the price of this Intense version.

Somewhere during the middle and base note sections coming out, I dosed off. My wife woke me up and said, "You know I love it when you wear Bleu de Chanel." I came to my senses. Smelled my arm and sure enough, not exactly, but I would say 95% similar to Bleu de Chanel during the drydown. Now don't take that wrong. I actually love Bleu de Chanel and Guerlain Homme, but I already have bottles of both. If you have bottles of neither and like both, this perfume really is a nice blend of those. I'm mostly finding that I expect way too much out of Guerlain. There's nothing wrong with this one. Very nice smell, longevity is good, lasted about 8-9 hours on me. Not a whole lot of sillage, but still would be a good addition to most collections unless you already have Bleu de Chanel and Guerlain Homme.

obsedatr6
obsedatr6

I just blind buyed this parfume,and I want to make some things clear,because I never got a real opinion based on owners review.First of all this is a very beautiful and pleasing parfume,you cannot go wrong with this and you cannot offend anybody with this,this is a pure Guerlain BUT and there is BUT here,that nobody mentioned...The issues is that the silage is low,it does last 7-8 hours,but I am very disspointed by this silage issue,I would of never belived,that a Eau de Parfum can have such a low silage.Compared to L'instant this cannot keep up,and I wanted this to be a summer alternative for L'instant.Perhaps it has been reformulated,like 70% of the market.Don't get me wrong,the longevitty and silage are ok,like the usual scents of the market,but I was expecting something big and intense,like LIDGE,but this isn't unfortunetley...But it does really smell good and classy,there's no doubt about that

GRAF
GRAF

Guerlain Homme Intense EDP is a fresh-woody-green scent, very masculine (over 30) with gigantic sillage and good longevity. At the beginning I get green notes, woody notes, tart note -a vivid one- very astringent, decent weak sweetness and minimum almost invisible soapy and lemon notes. After some minutes I get the rum note among other and vivid patchouli. I do not get any cedar or floral notes at all.
The dominant note is something green, little spicy, barely feel the invisible sweetness, vivid bitter green with little smoke. When it dries out, it reminds me vividly the Yohji Homme Yohji Yamamoto.
Excellent for spring, autumn, winter and cool summer nights. Definitely not for very hot weather because it is too strong scent, it would be suffocating.
I like it, its one of my favourite scents, manly, classy, powerful, versatile, all-seasons scent. A quality juice, just Guerlain!

manos1965
manos1965

Best "night out" frangrance for summer.
One of the last great male scents from Guerlain.

Lichi
Lichi

I have and im think this is for mature men. (40+). Im 26.. so, i like but not situable for me..

Scent: 7/10 (too strong at first, but after 1h is beautiful)
Projection: 8/10
Versatility: 8/10
Overall: 7.5/10

For me... if i had 40+ years old i love this so much.

Erok32
Erok32

This one is very minty, floral, and slightly citrusy to my nose. It's very unique and safe, but I didn't like wearing it.

lyktor
lyktor

Wonderful scent,very well balanced

It smells classy and mature with a contemporary vibe

Maybe a bit formal for casual occasions but yet a fresh scent

Dad jax

@EddyC you got a fake bottle or bad juice, this one is working to good, very elegant and rich with a unique touch of upper class.
Am getting 8 hrs minimum in the cold weather with nice projection of 3 to 4 hours

09scottm
09scottm

Stunning fragrance. I haven't smelled anything like this before it's so unique. Longevity is about 8-10 hours on me with decent projection for about 4-5 hours after that it settles down but you do keep getting wafts every so often. This is definitely a people pleaser I don't think you will offend anyone wearing this fragrance. The thing I like most about this fragrance though is that it's quite hard to come by which is great because you can almost guarantee that nobody in your town will be wearing this. Overall a fantastic fragrance get your hands on it if you can it's just wonderful!

snails

another reformulation.... I can't stand this s***t anymore!

mls.ivanovic
mls.ivanovic

Great, minty, pleasant scent. It's not offensive to people. You won't get any negative compliments on this one. On me lasts about 6 -8 hrs, after that its just a skin scent, projection is average. Just inoffensive, sophisticated, pleasant smell. If you blind buy it, you wont make a mistake.

Scent 8,5
Silage 7,5
Longevity 7

AdamovStefan
AdamovStefan

I have some kind of hate-loving relationship with this fragrance. I don't like it at all but I like it.

Shaheen
Shaheen

The opening of Intense is darker than the original, with less of the mojito accord and a stronger rum note. The base is heavier and woodier. I find this best suited for cooler spring and fall evenings.

Services
Services

My real problem with Guerlain Homme Intense is, like the original non-intense version, I cannot really smell it.
Yes I do pick up something but I guess it smells better to those around me and does little or nothing much to excite me the wearer. Oh well you can't always get it right. I will persevere and see if it becomes the magical scent talked of here, but I have my doubts.

Casavulva
Casavulva

Very nice.
Based on the Mojito accord, refined, elegant and likeable.
For men +30. Great versatility.
More deep and sensual than Guerlain Homme they say. I agree.

pjd1234
pjd1234

I cant believe I held off on this one for a long time. I finally got a full bottle tester what can I say I favorite of all my guerlains bottle its unique, easy to wear, performs very well, last long and right projection. I agree with all the reviews where is the mint??? its faded mostly just back round I love the top that mojito vibe lingers all notes are well balance and not overpowering the others very masculine, sophisticated, classy. I would honestly say this jumped on my top 10 fave designers frags I LOVE IT DEFINITELY WORTH ANOTHER FULL BOTTLE FOR ME.

lustre
lustre

where is mint?

Hassan Nasrallah
Hassan Nasrallah

IT A PERFUME THAT I DOUBT SOMEONE CAN FORGET ITS ELEGANCE , FRESHNESS AND MAJESTY , IT IS REALLY AN UNFORGETTABLE UNIQUE SCENT WHETHER SOMEONE ADORE IT , LIKE IT OR EVEN HATE IT .

Chicago Tony T

Sexy minty and boozy all at once. Long lasting and great silage. A bit of woods and greens as it dries down but the mint and boozy accords are the main attraction. Definitely a night scent and not for casual or daytime. I got 2 compliments the 1st time I wore it a year or so ago. Everyone loves compliments whether you wear a frag for yourself or not. I might be stretching it here but it's one of the best mint frags available. I have a decant and most likely will get a FB once it's gone.

brandonrizqi
brandonrizqi

Another A-Class perfume from the House of Guerlain...
Not much to say about it, rather than simply elegant... Masculine, yet very Guerlain... First time it sprayed into your body, you've gonna smell a greenish-aromatic fusion of mint and rum... If you like Green Irish Tweed from the Creed House or Bleu de Chanel, you've gotta love this one...
And after about 1 hour, it still have a good vetiver scent with a little peppery smell of patchouli... What a nice scent...
If you really worry about the longevity, this one stay 8-10 hrs in my skin (since it was the EDP so that's what would we expect rite?) with not so enourmous sillage but sexy enough to be used in a gala dinner or another special night occasion... I recommend to use it in the night (since people love to had sex in the nite rite?

Force

longevity:9/10
projection:8/10
sillage:8/10
versatility:8/10
overall:42/50(i prefer bleu de chanel)

RHONORAY
RHONORAY

Help me out people. How does this compate to Pasha de Cartier Fraicheur Menthe

lgbailey86

Levi 501s, a clean white oxford, nice leather shoes and this on a summer night and any guy is more than golden. edp lasts forever making this a surprisingly good value too. scent is top quality, simple sophisticated,and masculine

dioraddictfan
dioraddictfan

This is one of my favourites. Very masculine and long lasting. Guerlain has yet to disappoint me! Definitely an evening scent for going out.

Manny44

This is a beauty. Boozy yet bright. Another home run for Guerlain. Great for Spring, casual, or the office. Its not so boozy that it would become a distraction in the workplace. Women will fawn. Perfectly masculine with just the right balance of smoothness and edge.

Update: I forgot how long the Rum note lasts. All the way to the dry-down basically. Maybe not the best office-scent after all. Still amazing though.Will put hair on your chest. James Bond on vacation.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

Who said it was reformulated??? Where people pick those informations? 2009, we are in 2014...they reformulate it in 5 years? ...Where guys take their info?!?

Ayl
Ayl

بی حرف و حدیث میگم خوبه ، مثه بقیه ی اعضای خانوادش . ء

Jassar
Jassar

I normally am a Guerlain fan but this is a complete fail. I picture an elegant elderly lady sitting at a table in a bar drinking a Mojito with Chanel No 5 on.

Ukasz
Ukasz

This fragrance was better before reformulation but its still nice.

Jibb Ski
Jibb Ski

I wanted to love it so much. The notes listed here looked so good - but I was really shocked. I only detected flowery notes. Sweet flowery notes with maybe a touch of vanilla. I was so disappointed. :(

matty64
matty64

I finally received a bottle of this after some indecision. It was worth the wait. Top 10 worthy.

mntsrck
mntsrck

Awesome fragrance......doesn't smell synthetic at all.....kudos for guerlain.

Blackburn
Blackburn

help me plz i pick guerlain homme intense or the original homme eau de toilette !!!!!

cytherian
cytherian

This was a nice surprise for me. I wasn't planning to buy it, but I got it as part of a "bundle" with another fragrance. I figured I could just sell it if I wasn't crazy about it. However, I'm keeping it.

GHI is intoxicating. The balance of notes is sublime. It's a very soft and approachable aroma, right from the initial spray. The patchouli/vetiver/cedar blend is seamless. Then the mint and rum with a touch of geranium layered over that fits very naturally. I think the mint is what really makes it all work so well, creating a fresh/clean essence without the need for citrus. I haven't had the opportunity to sample Guerlain Homme yet, but if it's less intense than this it must be very light. I wouldn't mind GHI cranked up about 25% more. However, I have a feeling that in the warmer months it will project more.

Curiously... I've found this similar to Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense. There's something to the composition that shares a similar accord. GHI is a bit softer with that mint/rum accord, though. I have 100ml bottles of both and if I had to choose, it would be GHI.

So overall this is a terrific and versatile all-season fragrance. Any fragrances with this kind of green/floral/wood/vetiver combination often has a synthetic quality. GHI smells completely natural to me. And the bottle is exquisite, something you'll be proud to display on your bureau. Bravo, Guerlain! 9.1/10

Manny44

Very nice fragrance. If this one is too rich for your blood try YSL Live Jazz. Also wonderful but alot cheaper.
You can get drunk off this one. YUM!!

Chri76
Chri76

It opens with a very natural peppermint unlike many other fragrances on the market in which this fresh note often becomes very synthetic resembling mint chewing-gums...
Here this beautiful note is blended with a very dark "rhum vieux" and lime.
This blend creates an evanescent breath that reminds me of a trip I made years ago in La Habana where I found the historical pub loved by Hemingway, "La Bodeguita del Medio".

Sadly, on my skin, it has a weak persistence and after about 2 hours, this unique blend is followed by a generic woody note.

Thanks to the initial "Cuban whisper", I give this creation a thumb up... However, considering the label of "eau de parfum intense", I would have expected much more persistence and projection like the Guerlain classics... It's really a pity.

edge42
edge42

Anyone want a 99.9% full bottle of LIDG, because I never wear it and vastly prefer GHI in every way. This stuff makes LIDG redundant in my collection.

No, this is not an old-school Guerlain and I for one am glad it's not! Talk of "prestige" and snobbishness aside, GHI is a seriously masculine, solid stand-alone fragrance regardless of the name on the bottle. A rose by any other name...

This smells niche from the first spray. However think of this as a niche people-pleaser, definitely not an overly creative artsy fragrance that appeals to few people. With that said, GHI never smells synthetic, cloying or demanding of your attention yet remains ever present throughout it's several interesting stages of development. I'm not going to go into the notes again as many others have already done so, but I will say that I definitely get a dark rummy tropical drink vibe from this layered over beautiful woods and slightly sweet vetiver. I also get a splash of LIDG's powder in this, especially in the first couple hours but in a smoother, more toned down way. This all leads into one of the best dry downs out there, this is where GHI really shines!

Is it a heritage Guerlain? Heck no! Am I glad it's not? Heck yes! People-pleasers like this make the foundation of a good collection, and a fragrance is designed first and foremost to SMELL GOOD and make people happy... and GHI does so with flying colors. This is destined to be a future classic.

MY RATING:

Scent 3.5/4
Longevity 1.5/2
Projection 1.5/2
Versatility 2/2

8.5/10

livio.marucci
livio.marucci

If Guerlain Homme Eau de Toilette is a delightful fresh swig of mojito in a elegant hotel of Havana during the afternoon (emulating brilliantly the cuban cocktail's taste in a very complex way)

Guerlain Homme Eau de Perfum is a MARVELOUS INEBRIATION of the original with a extra dose of rum... It intoxicates me... and hipnotizes me in a very positive way...
I feel like I am at an amazing evening dating the woman of my life for the first time and I am drunk and totally in love for her at the first sight...

And if I ever lose the woman of my life, I am happy because Guerlain created the parfum of my life... I fell in love for Guerlain.

djews
djews

It's very clean and inoffensive. Would be perfect for the office as it is quite subtle. I think it is one that you think is gone quickly but people around you can still smell it for hours on end. A quiet achiever for sure, it just sits back and cruises all day, never being a straight stand out but it is still well noticeable.
It wouldn't take an experienced nose to realise the high quality and it was always to be expected with this one. Will be giving it a good run over the summer for sure but I think it could be worn at any time of the year.
High respect to Guerlain for creating something fresh and modern whilst still maintaining a sort of classic feel also.
Very, very good!!

jacek.drewnowski
jacek.drewnowski

Modern, yet very Guerlain. 10/10.

benpaul12
benpaul12

Smells more mature than I expected, an excellent blend of the notes that produces quite a powdery spring/summer fragrance.

A bit too sweet for my tastes. I'd choose the L'eau Boisee over this one.

AND-MAT

This is a good scent, I like how all the ingredients blend together. As with all Guerlain frangrances, it's really well defined and refined and get through the phases of the perfume really clearly. I love that!

Guerlain Homme Intense is a very masculin, dark and sexy scent. I can see myself wearing it, but, my favorite is still L'instant de guerlain pour homme eau extreme!

thehighend
thehighend

Very nice. Boozy lime with a vetiver backbone and cooling mint. Great for all seasons, perfect for summer nights. Deeper than the regular version with a less obvious mojito note and improved projection and longevity.

Sahm1985
Sahm1985

به نظر من به اون صورت بوی جالبی نداره بیشترین بویی که من حس میکنم بوی نسبتا گرم ریواس و نعناست همین و بس

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I was already a Guerlain admirer, but this one further cements the relationship! A nice lime-minty-rum-cedar concoction which smells very good indeed on my skin. A great summer scent, but it also takes me places in the winter.

I want a bottle!

nnh
nnh

This is really perfect, must have.

SpareImp
SpareImp

This is a really beautiful spring and summer fragrance. It’s light and fresh, but gives of a delightful sense of presence thanks to the rum. I don’t really find summer fragrances all too exciting, but this one is a joy to wear and, to my nose, stands out. Give it a try!

jude1321
jude1321

This is a delightful fragrance. Long lasting and solid projection and very high quality. A beauty for a breezy summer night. However, it is not all that unique, or special. I'm not all that passionate about this, but it is a very safe blind buy. Sexy, and will not offend anybody.

Wow!!!
I'd been waiting to sample this magical juice for a while...I wanted to get the original Homme but my girlfriend got me this one instead.
I'm very impressed I must say...a massive blast of lime and something else I can't put my finger on.
Real mojito accord with the freshness of mint in there too and balanced woodiness, the vetiver in the base as it drys down really compliments the other notes perfectly.
It has a really expensive classy feel too it and makes you feel great when wearing it.
The bottle weighs a ton and is beautifully designed just to give even more of a sense of luxury.

fiouu
fiouu

Bought this one for my dad, I was overwhelmed by the powdery quality of the vetiver, smells much better than Guerlain's Vetiver and more rich than the regular Guerlain Homme (the one on the green bottle with the metal front face). Both homme perfumes have the same mint ans vetiver note, which makes them very unique. I wear this under flowerbomb when I feel like using it, but to me flowerbomb needs more wood, so it smells wonderful, and the sweetnes makes a great compliment to the vetiver. I'm not ashamed to admit I wear this Perfume more than my dad does
On my skin this alone is pure vetiver and cedarwood with a pinch of mint, no alcohol whatsoever.

ularewolf
ularewolf

So this is just a 10 minute impression of blind buying this scent. So far it smells like a way better version of Prada Luna Rossa. Will update more after a week's worth of wearings.

petranfx
petranfx

summer night scent

hca-hca
hca-hca

reformulated dark glass bottle (no grey metal plate) with less mint and poor lasting.

Housebliss
Housebliss

I'm having the same problem with this as I have with Homme L'Eau. It's just way too sharp. I've sampled it in the store several times to be sure, and I've come to the same conclusion every time. I just don't like it.

Looks like most people really like it, but it's not for me.

xliMilx
xliMilx

this perfume smell like sex, and all i think about is sex when i smell it, WHY!?

literally this thing got very deep and unique character, its a true meaning of masterpiece, the mint very noticeabl but far from dominating, mostly a smell of rum and greenery.

its on my 'to buy' list for sure.

rafiqi

My third bottle.. I love the smell, its unique and everybody loves how its smell. Its blend very well on my skin

ehsanazmodeh
ehsanazmodeh

کار شیک و با کلاسی است نسخه پرفیومش دوامش در حدود 4تا5 ساعت است بوی نسبتا گرمی داره در حال حاضر کم پیدا میشه من بوش خیلی دوست دارم

ryanmaes
ryanmaes

perfect summer scent, it's unique and it's an EDP!! Can't think of anything better for the money...

Ivanaish
Ivanaish

What amazing masterpiece by Guerlain house,
lots of great things about this, its like a genius music concert, starts energetic, fresh and attractive, the mint at the top note is very noticed, but later when dry down, the charming tone revealed, even after 24hrs I still find it, stick my nose to my wrist and travel to out the word.
This is my favourite fragrance for a kissing night. To me Its a must now!!!

lennard.groenendijk
lennard.groenendijk

I have it on paper in front of me now.

Top notes: I imagine a glass of dark rum on top of old woods surrounded by roses and geranium with a lot of rhubarb. Beginning your sniff you get a lot of the floral notes that change into rhubarb, the rum with mint in the background.

Middle notes: The rhubarb fades and the rum gets more pronounced as well as the woods and floral notes surrounding it. The mint and rhubarb are gone.

Base notes:
The glass of rum fell down over the old woods which are now soaked in the rum. There are still some florals, but the flowers fell off, leaving only the green parts the green parts don't surround the woods anymore, they combined leaving a smooth green, dark woodsy note.

I don't get a mojito vibe, a really nice and uplifting scent that can be worn all year around.

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

This is a more "In your face" scent than the original. Smells VERY much like the original, but much stronger which is exactly what needed to happen!

Could be sporty, casual, or dressy in my opinion. Very versatile. Fantastic quality of blends.

A+++

Endymion
Endymion

I was to a perfumery yesterday and spray a generous amount of Guerlain Homme Intense on a paper strip.
Today I found it on my desk and smelled it and was thinking about that I don't remember testing Bvlgari Soir yesterday than I remembered that it's Guerlain HI!
The drydowns are the same, how strange!
Has anyone else noticed it too?

mohoyahya
mohoyahya

Nice smell, strong at the beginning, reduced sillage after around two hours

donz1
donz1

Amazing Fragrance. Crisp, boozy and Minty. Was a blind buy and def feelin it. No regrets.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

A more intense and spicy version of the traditional.
A scent that has the dna of the traditional, but the whole work is different. This version focuses more on mint/rum and geranium / rhubarb, I'm not get a intense mojito.
The opening is minty, cold and aromatic also light boozy by rum, rhubarb appears giving a more acidic and refreshing, bitter faceted strawberry twist.
Few minutes later the touch of geranium appears and transforms into a closer aroma of rose powder mixed in alcoholic minty combination.
It seems that prepares the woody base, a remarkable vetiver, then yes that brings the similarity of DNA of the Guerlain Homme, a beautiful flanker and actually more intense.

rafiqi

This is my second bottle... Smell devine. Nothing like it. Hope this will be availabe forever

Migalex
Migalex

Together with Habit Rouge, this is my favourite Guerlain male scent. It does smell very much oriental to me. It is to me part of the same league, and for hat reason I quite like it. It feels quite deep and warm.

Wancho
Wancho

Wow! Very good!
When i spray it on freshly cleaned, neutrally smelling skin, i get a blast of mojito. The mint explodes with a background of what i may call 'rum'.
Then as soon as it appears, the mojito smell disappears. I live in a hot and humid climate. That could be the reason it happens so quickly.
What is left is rum. Bot by no means cheap bacardi. And by no means it's the rum alone that remains.
It's rum accompanied by floral notes and woody notes. And.....i can't really get my finger on it. Yes i get the orris root, this note reminds me of Dior Homme Intense. But it does not smell like DHI.
Both are truly well crafted and well balanced.

Dries up real nicely to the woody notes with some florals lingering.
Not really for young people. Maybe that could be better said this way: it is for mature people.

parfemđija
parfemđija

Great scent, very fresh & sexy.. but i hate to say that sillage is very very low, close skin scent unfortunatelly.. while longevity is great, about 10 hours, sometimes and more.

Smyle12
Smyle12

I really enjoy this scent. It isn't in my Top 20, although it nearly made my Top 25 and the reason for this is placement is that while I don't find this scent to be revolutionary, magnetic, groundbreaking, or even fantastic, it's just very well-constructed, and smells very good. It is redolent of refined masculinity and sophistication and as a commissioned furniture salesperson (the impetus for this fragrance obsession) I never fail to have a "bad" sales day when I wear this one. This fragrance is miles better than it's Homme counterpart and genuinely not a fragrance that would want to smell on any woman. It only lasts about six hours on my skin and projects for only four, but I can overlook this as that's more than double the original version. Guerlain Homme Intense is a mature, masculine, scent where each and every note truly is detectable and forms a cohesive whole.. It is, at once, refreshing, deep, classy, manly, and... intense.

Overall: 8/10

Voile
Voile

I have loved Guerlain since the 80's and my college years. I have purchased the full line of Homme, and have now concluded that this rendition is my favourite. There seems to be such a precise layering of notes where each stand out, but are so harmonious. It recalls centuries old nuances of botanicals, while appealing to a modern sense. I want to use the words fresh, clean, herbal, wood, coolness, and inspiring to touch on a description; but I imagine the galley of an old ship amongst the scent of old oak beams, pitch, fire, gunpowder, and men; the captain requests a mint line rum concoction be served for Horatio Hornblower, off a Mediteranian coast on a cloudless, breezy day.

gianmarco

I dont agree with yacoco, this cologne has nothing to do with armani code, infact, its the complete opposite.

xerxes
xerxes

Longevity 12 hours but too close to skin.
Scent 10/10

Swahili
Swahili

جميل هذا العطر ولكن يعيبه الفوحان والثبات على حسب تجربتي وغلا فرائحته رائعة وأكثر من ذلك .
العطر شبابي وليس رسمي من وجهة نظري بل هو كاجوال اكثر ونهاري بالشتاء أحسن من ليلي .
الرائحة 10/10
الثبات 6/10
الفوحان 7/10

yacoco
yacoco

at the first I love it but the only problem with this one is the dry down its smell like after shave also it's boring smell trust me 7 /10

MELCHISEDECK7
MELCHISEDECK7

I just got this today. IT IS AMAZING !!!!

golgotronx
golgotronx

Quelle bonheur !!!
J'aime tous les Guerlain homme, mais cette version intense est de loin ma préférée, il ne laisse personne insensible en témoigne tous les compliments qui m'ont été fait à son sujet.
Tenue parfaite, fragrance géniale...
Adopté définitivement.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A mid mature - mature aroma which starts out all classy, for the gent..

I applied 6 heavy sprays.

0 - 1 hour . 1 foot projection. This is premium quality mid mature - mature frag, which although not listed, smells like a blend of cocoa and lemon. Some times it also reminds me of L'instant Gueralin. Ages 40 - 70. It is for the suave, handsome gent who wears cashmere scarves. After 30 mins a designer shampoo twist comes in on the skin. It's dark and strictly night time; one for the winter and dinner dates..

2 hours - 3 hours. 3 inch projection. Becomes more spicier and darker on the skin. Soapiness comes to the fore with smokiness appearing for the 1st time.

3 hours - 7 hours. 2 inch projection. Severe smokiness and soapiness now take over the scent and you cannot really recognise the original smell - shame. The closest to this drydown I have smelt is Givenchy Play Intense Pour Homme

Good opening but it went all wrong on me after that, so not for me

rafiqi

just finish my last spray and definitely i'll get my new bottle. GHI is an amazing perfume and nothing smells like it. my friend keep on wondering what perfume i wear... it smells very different and sexy

shoden
shoden

On a personal level, I've found my perfect everyday fresh and clean spring scent. Nothing really unique about this fragrance, but it's pleasing and comfortable.

sf2explus
sf2explus

This is not a gateway into guerlain fragrances. This is a guerlain fragrance full stop, and the quality is in the bottle no doubt. You have to keep up with the time, and here is a good example anything before this except maybe the l'instant de guerlain has a classic style smell, This is the modern Guerlain, same way how there are classic Chanel scents and the modern chanel scents. Whats wrong with Guerlain making a modern scent guerlain fans. This is a very good scent don't be fooled by any negative reviews if this is an ordinary scents than you should be able to find something that smells similar for half the price, which clearly isn't going to happen i can garantee you on that. jsut try this fragrance oon skin it has crushed mint leeaves, with vetiver and rum. very sophisticated scent that will last 6-8 hours on skin. I do prefer the original as this one is missing the amazing lime note but something in this has a deeper smell and also projeccts a little more.(test on skin not paper)

Scent 8.5/10

ronnie1975
ronnie1975

how can you not love this scent. When iam wearing this my mrs get crazy, good time for me ;)

get compliments all over, to me it smells like fresh sliced tulips (maybe i like this scent because im Dutch;)

OZ
OZ

If Chanel Allure Homme Sport Edition Blanche is a lemon, this scent right here would almost be the lime. Very unisex!
Starts off very fresh and citrus with a hint of rum, a complement getter, people loves it in my skin. I would day the scent stays rather close to the skin, not a good clubbing scent but rather a late evening scent. I think it would be perfect for hot summer weather as well as spring and autumn. I could smell the perfume two days after on my shirt. Love!

acc
acc

Dark, mysterious, manly, classy and powerful.

This one is reminiscent of the original; but darker, bolder and sharper. Rum and floral notes mix extremely well to create a unique masculine boldness.

It would be a great choice for 30+ men for nighttime.

DC-8
DC-8

A ditto of its predecessor with no sensible change in the scent. Despite being an EDP, the longevity is considerably shorter than EDT version!! It's incredible and unlogic, but however the actual results have proven so, unfortunately. The smell is wonderfully great though. For all the rest, refer to its EDT version page.

rafiqi

my juice is nearly finish. and i am definitely will again buy guerlain homme intense.. it is like my second skin.. stay all day and project nicely..

Anywhereyouare
Anywhereyouare

For my nose too sharp. Odd heavy-dusty sweet freshness of the woods and flowers blended with rum (also woody in my opinion) aroma lightened by subtle touch of mint and sunny "malty" ruburb.

It's not that I dislike it. I find it very nice and well-made, lasting and with proper sillage. It's quite sexy, mature and vivid but yet just not comfortable enough for me, especially because of mentioned dustiness and freshness in a fatiguing me, not relaxing way. I'm not stunned with uniqueness either.

Tested on a chilly autumn day, it feels like too little for evening occasion and too much for daytime. I can imagine it fits perfectly summer night events or anytime in warm season for expressive men - any age obove 20. And due to this character, as a company to dance in carnival time (I mean winter), maybe.

To sum up, not bad, not great. Rather linear, doesn't deserve neither my "like" or "hate".

dbouklieva18
dbouklieva18

Can someone please tell me where I can find a sample of Guerlain homme intense? I really wanna try it

joshenglish
joshenglish

I absolutely love wearing this scent except I can't seem to get past the issue of a short longevity on my skin.

RobbieX

I have Guerlain Homme (which is great) but after looking at the reviews and the notes for this, I want some of this juice.

apostle
apostle

What is there not to love about this fragrance...my goodness...this is a beautiful fragrance.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

When i compare it to original guerlain homme,i see it less citric ,more minty,darker and sweeter because of rum with a very nice vetiver note.
The problem with original is the cheap dry down.
Intense version is more naturel IMO,more quality.
Versatile to wearing at work,class,evening...in spring ,fall and winter.
Longevity about 8 hours with fairly good projection.
I am in love with it!!

Maceo
Maceo

Well, some mixed reviews here. Here is my take...

I have sampled both the normal and intense version. I ended up buying the intense. For me the normal EDT was nice but the lime in it kept reminding me of washed out pine+lime disinfectant. Not good.

So back to EDP review...

This is much deeper and stronger version of the EDT, smells classy and does not have the 'disinfectant tinge' to it.

First spray a refined fresh minty blast, underpinned by lime and boozy accord which will develop into its own later on...

After the first couple of minutes the mint subdues but remains constant, this enables the vibrant and energizing greeness aspect of the fragrance to come through...

This 'greenness' in order of prominence is a mixture of mint, lime, geranium. Sometimes I catch traces of floral but this note is elusive, this is what sets Guerlain apart from the rest - subtle but superbly balanced.

Continuing with the journey the remainder of the fragrance is dry woody and mint with a dark (spiced) rum accord.

The final drydown is a dry/powdery woody dark rum, with a touch of mint lingering. The surprise kick at the end is a sweet 'jam quality' rhubarb but this sticks to the skin so have to have your nose buried in your skin detect this one :) The rhubarb drydown note is more detectable in hot humid weather, simply breathe on where you sprayed and sniff, you will know what I mean!

I apply 3 sprays which is more than enough, apart from the initial hour this scent stays within your personal space so people need to be standing next to you to smell it especially after 2-3 hours of spraying.

Only downside is fresh mint fades quickly which is too be expected, this is a classy an inoffensive fragrance best worn anywhere really. This scent is very 'manly' so 'girls' will like it :)

Best worn in the spring and summer especially in the evenings at outdoor events or bar (3-4 sprays). Versatile enough to be used all year though. I use it during the day and at work (go easy on the trigger max. 2 sprays in the office).

A solid masculine fragrance 8/10

gianmarco

Great scent, BUT...its a difficult scent.

Hilaire
Hilaire

So complicated, so subtle, so Guerlain, I love this, it's at once spicy and fresh, deep and clean, masculine and delicate. It has distinct herbal and woody notes which combine to give an almost gourmand edge, I'm presuming these are the Rhubarb, Mint and Rum notes.

There's something slightly pale and wan about this perfume too, more distinct in the original Guerlain Homme and somewhat lessened in the Intense version but it remains slightly melancholy and whistful.

Unique, and very different from the mainstream of mens perfumery despite the first few seconds of top note which do smell a little confused and brassy.

milhouse
milhouse

I first sniffed the original Guerlain Homme and -loved- it but I didn't buy it on the basis of longevity issues.

Guerlain Homme Intense is one of those rare fragrances that made me think on the same day of smelling it "I want this. It's mine. I have to own this!"

Sprays - 1 or 2 on the neck and 1 optional on the wrist

Lasting power - minimum 10 hours of freshness everytime time

Sillage - medium, definitely innoffensive

Attire - Suit / smart casual

Occasion - Office / formal event / anywhere you need to wear shoes

A daytime or an evening scent

Something not listed in the fragrance breakdown that I detect is a tea note which really makes this a bit more aromatic and comforting to smell.

Wearing in the mornings is great because of the mint and lime in the beginning and no one on the train to work will be offended by it. Instead it will put a smile on their face :-)

In the heart the slightly sweet masculine florals make your bubble at work more enjoyable to be in.

If I had to describe the fragrance in one word it has to be "PERFECTION".

9.5/10

rafiqi

sexiest perfume ever.. very well blended and balanced... wow, i'm lucky

Minimephisto
Minimephisto

Just spray it and cuddle with a girl. This memory will stay forever.

franceg
franceg

iS AND INCREDIBLE PARFUM, I remindme the escents of Corialan, but in this case is most conplex. I really like guerlains frangances because are so naturals, for my is a clasicm i will buy in very short time

Complex. Noir. Guerlain.

hrhsambo
hrhsambo

I sampled this frag on my hand yesterday I just could not help but to keep sniffing on my hand all day till I went to bed. It is absolutely delicious, very classy and has a smell of richness and affluence...hmm...hmm!

This is my first encounter with Guerlain but I'm sure it ain't my last because amma definitely get myself one of these for keeps.

VanAllan
VanAllan

A stronger/woodier version of Guerlain Homme which gives me a hard time to describe it in a few words.

A very complex scent coming from an old genuine house with tradition and style.
I don't have L'Instant (I know it & it's now in my 'have to buy'list) but I didn't felt similarities with this one.

All I could felt when I've put a generous spray on my wrist was a stunning & complex smell..I couldn't put my finger on one particular note...there was mint, some herbal note, some rum?, maybe a boozy geranium & patchouli with cedarwood at the end....Double Wow!...

It lasted more then 8-9 hrs on my wrist and the projection was very good in the first 3-4 hrs...what can I ask more? A must have for me, as I see myself putting it on for special occasions.
My humble personal rank 9.2/10. ☣☣☣☣☣

Deetron
Deetron

I tested it today and I have to say Homme Intense is one of the best men perfumes I have ever smelled! It’s a very complex smell and I can’t describe it just as “woody”. I think Homme Intense is a lot more then “woody” – it’s a very special scent. Definitely I will buy this one.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

Tested this on holiday. Very nice - it reminded me of an ice cold mojito mixed with a light crisp fruity scent. The rum note was there but subtle on me. I admit I much prefer the top notes and wished that had stayed on me the entire time. The woody notes at the end were quite tame and I really had to sniff hard at my wrist to smell them. This would not put me off though, and I would buy this fragrance if I see it for a good price.

What stores carry Guerlain Homme Intense by Guerlain for men in New York,Maryland and Washington DC area. Please, include stores phone number.

RobbieX

Well, if this is the stronger version of the lovely Guerlain Homme - I definitely want it!!

Dad jax

The woody notes are WOW...Well the Frag mainly is very much like plenty other nice special Perfumes...But i like it cus it last on me Fr more then 24 hrs....It is special for special moments of evening and late NIGHTS !!!

guest_B.K
guest_B.K

ITS AWESOME,,GOOD PERFUME BY GUERLAIN

piperis
piperis

this perfume its the best in my colection,its the best of the best ant stay about 14 hours on me super perfum

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

This is a well built scent.
It has structure,elegance and a twist of sensuality.

The rum-rhuburb combination,brings an imaginary"chestnut"note in the mix.

Is it unforgettable?Not so sure...

Still it is a fine choice,in times of draught,as far as masculine-perfumes-inspiration is concerned...

BrokenSwordii
BrokenSwordii

This is a unique mix come from a classy house like Guerlain, unfortunatly, this nice mixture doesn't last for long as L'Instant for example, so take this perfume as a minor use or use it with other perfume to streght it, I don't recommend to make it your main day - night fragrance.

hoelahoep

The last days i tried my new GHI EdP. Its a very nice scent, but on my skin the longetivity is moderate. But as a said: a real Guerlain and if you like Guerlain, try it !

guest_Shadow Shooter
guest_Shadow Shooter

This EDP version of Homme is perfect by all means. The sillage is MUCH better and there is no need to talk about the longevity. It's a winner. Guerlain is for special people who know about their styles.

Wim Janssens
Wim Janssens

Guerlain Homme Intense is much more woody then Guerlain Homme. The silage is the same as Guerlain Homme but it last much longer, because it is an Eau de Parfum.
I think that it is a very interesting fragrance for all occassions. Even woman can wear it perfectly! Guerlain Homme Intense has notting to do with "Mallow Men" or L'Instant pour Homme. They share a few notes and the woody aspect of Guerlain Homme Intense is very dominant in L'Instant pour Homme.
It still is a very fresh fragrance, what I wear with a suit, sportswear, ... . Is this a typical male fragrance? Who defines which fragrances a man should wear? Perfume is to complex and personal to make rules for it. You want to wear Shalimar instead as a man? No problem. It's you, it's your personality... You choose!

Guerlain Homme Intense will become timeless. It suits all ages, it will survive and become a classic. Guerlain fragrances always need some time to settle in... .

scenturian
scenturian

It is same as the original because this is edp version, only stronger and has more sillage.
And in this edp version I got some similar notes from L'instant more clear.
I prefer edp version.
Long lasting.
I dont know how mojito is but this is very delicious.
However edp this is still 4 mellow man.
Formal and best fits suit, I cant imagine on casual.
It is surprisingly long lastin, after 3 wash of hands and shower still smells!

guest_hawk
guest_hawk

this one smells exactly like the original EDT but STRONGER in every way! if you liked guerlain l'homme and you're ok with it then I don't suggest getting this one but if you really loved the original and want more then this is for you!

basically this is the EDP version!

hoelahoep

As a admirer of the Guerlain scents,
this is a "i want it" for sure !!!

Guerlain Homme Intense by Guerlain 4.46 out of 5 based on 720 ratings and 145 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Guerlain Homme Intense fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Guerlain Guerlain Homme Intense, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Guerlain Homme Intense by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Guerlain Homme Intense by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.