Designers » F-H » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Guerlain Homme L`Eau Guerlain for men

Guerlain Homme L`Eau Guerlain for men
dislike

rum

Guerlain Homme L`Eau was presented in 2010 as an ice-fresh fragrance which opens with citrusy accords of bergamot, grapefruit and mint, adding geranium, rum and lime. The fragrance was created by perfumer Thierry Wasser, while the Pininfarina designers worked on flacon design.

The fragrance reinterprets the original composition of Guerlain Homme edition with much colder and fresher aromas.

Geranium Bergamot Grapefruit Lime Mint Rum

Guerlain Homme L`Eau Fragrance Reviews

Frusciante
Frusciante

This is just wonderful, best designer i'v smelled so far

PaulyFe12
PaulyFe12

Take the original Guerlain Homme, tone down the vetiver, liven up the bergamot, grapefruit and mint and give it that "cold and crisp fruit" tingle you get from the opening of Versace Man Eau Fraiche. And boom you got L'eau. I haven't had this long and have been waiting a lonnnngggg time to get a hold of it, so my opinion on it and my understanding of it may change. But as of now it get 9/10 for smell, quality ingredients smell great. 8/10 for longevity, its a summer frag, but it stays for about 7 hours. And it gets 9/10 for versatility, its cooling, refreshing and relaxed enough to be worn in cargo shorts and a polo on a hot summer day and its complex enough to be worn to a suit and tie affair.

Phényl
Phényl

A fresh and invigorating fragrance that finishes a quick wash, then comes this mellow and typical woody smell that lasts all day long...

Une fraicheur vivifiante pour terminer une toilette puis vient cet arôme suave et boisé typique qui dure toute la journée...

Chromakey Dreamcoat
Chromakey Dreamcoat

Absolutely beautiful. I can't afford Frederic Malle's Geranium Pour Monsieur, but this has the mint and geranium of that fragrance added to by an icily refreshing lime and grapefruit accord. It's just wonderful. A little hint of rum and sugar sweetness in the background anchoring the airy citrus and minty floral freshness. And so natural smelling - nothing synthetic here, just quality. The best hot summer day scent on the market in my eyes. The only drawback, predictably enough for such a fresh and airy scent, is its woeful longevity. A sacrifice I'm willing to make. Beautiful stuff.

Nik604
Nik604

For me it's like in Paradise. The universal smell of citruses and fresh feeling of all time. It is so penetrative - like an AP bullet, this can break through anything ! It is so bright and cool, and warm at the same time. Just like the sun rays shining in the early summer morning ,or like the pale sun in the february afternoon... I only feel Love with this!
A divine fragrance. -))

My new signature

Deefit
Deefit

After I smelled L'Eau Boisée and was let down a bit, I was afraid L'Eau would also not live up to the former high expectations. Man, was I wrong!

As a flanker, this fragrance really adds a fresh, almost cold vibe to an already great and fresh fragrance. L'Eau Boisée is not a bad scent, but I guess I find it too dry. L'Eau is exactly in between L'Eau Boisée and L'Homme. Perfectly done by Guerlain! You can still tell it's related to the original, but it has it's own strong personality. I wasn't a big fan of the dry and woody L'Eau Boisée but I should give this one a decent testing next summer. The only downside is that I expect it not to last very long on my skin, but I guess it's always worth a try.

pentamethylenediamide
pentamethylenediamide

Guerlain Homme L`eau is the most amazing perfume in my oppinion. It`s 100% me. It`s fresh, it`s piercing, it`s got class. Best for summer. Too bad it`s not lasting (max 2 hours on me) because of the citric notes.

laurentdeneuilly
laurentdeneuilly

Contrary to other EDT in the "Guerlain Pour Homme" range, Rum and Geranium are discreet here.

Although Vetiver is not mentioned among the fragrance's notes, it's clearly a vetiver and lime fragrance with secondary notes such as mint, grapefruit, rum and geranium.

To me it's the perfect hot summer fragrance. Sillage is relatively soft and longevity is good for an EDT.

The "Eau Boisée" in the same range "Guerlain Pour Homme" is less strong on lime and more herbal. I prefer the "Eau".

bronstein
bronstein

This one is probably the best fresh scent for summer time I have ever smelled. Citrus fruits are dominant here, but without ever becoming annoying. At the same time it's very manly, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't suit a young man, too. My girl mentioned that this one would smell as if it was made to pick up girls, which goes to show that it's the perfect fragrance for warm summer nights. Thumbs up, this one's marvellous!

Housebliss
Housebliss

I really wanted to like this, and I've tried it several times. From start to finish I find this to be too sharp, and it burns my nose.

Had it been a little softer I'd probably use it.

Disappointed.

Jwaks
Jwaks

If you want to stay cool and stand out in a crowd of people wearing boring acquatics then get this. It opens with a ice cold blast of refreshing lime, grapefruit and real mint and drys down to a sweeter citrus infused rum and slightly floral base; very fresh, easy to wear and essential for the summertime scent line-up.

DJM
DJM

Does anyone know where to purchase this in the states? I am having the hardest time finding this one!

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

At first spray: Super cold fresh lime with the tiniest hint of mint.

As it dries down it turns fresh, sugar lime slightly more mint. Guerlain Homme DNA comes through a little bit.

Very very fresh, not your everyday summer fresh scent. A must have in the collection!

A+

steve0580
steve0580

Fresh, clean, sweet & citrus. A wonderful scent.

Moderate projection and suitable to wear anywhere or anytime. Perfect for the office.

crnasilvac
crnasilvac

Nothing else to say but PERFECTION! Male version of Aquawoman by Rochas...

silentrich
silentrich

This is the best out of the Guerlain Homme line. More natural smelling and the notes all play a part. I liked the original and intense versions, but the notes were out of place. This gets it right and is hands down the best version.

fulloption
fulloption

I'm blindbuying this gem based on the review and research. I chose this one instead the original version because the reviews said this is a fresher, more transparent, toned down and less boozy version of the original.

On the top notes you got a blast of grapefruit with a hint of mint, super fresh and it feels a bit bitter (maybe its the lime). After a few minutes it tones down into a soft beautiful fresh mint scent. It's unique and not so many other colognes smells like this one.

Guerlain Homme L'eau is perfect for hot summer, i used this cologne when i went to Bali and it suits perfectly. Great for casual use and its classy, really really classy fresh scent.

I recommend 4-5 sprays and extra 1 spray to the shirt since its a soft and transparent scent. Longevity is around 3-4 hours (typical fresh scent, i wish it lasts longer) , and projection is low to moderate. And i think this scent really activates when its exposed to the heat.

Highly recommended if you want something unique for summer, and extra points for that beautiful icy fresh bottle designed by Pininfarina. Great job Guerlain.

deki
deki

the best

Stoycho
Stoycho

I bought this one today! I Love it!!! :))

Ddhuney
Ddhuney

there is a sharp irritating peppery note on top which i can't pinpoint what it is, except for this it is lovely.

SoapyScentGuy
SoapyScentGuy

I have to agree with some of the reviews on here that this doesn't smell like your typical fresh scent. It doesn't have that sharpness that many of the fresh scents have. This has a softer fresh scent. The mint is a soft mint that smells more sophisticated than the typical blast of mint. I was concerned whne I read that this smells like a Mojito but relieved that it is not a boozy smell. This isn't a "wow who's wearing that cologne?" type of scent but a "hmm...someone smells nice..I wonder who it is" type of cologne. The cologne seems to fade away quickly but then makes a comeback. I highly recommend Guerlain' Pour Homme Eau.

bcoops
bcoops

I have to agree, I thought the projection/longevity was terrible till I tried on a hot humid day.....it definitely kicks it up a couple notches

I like it.....it really doesnt smell like anything I have tried (haven't tried all that many)

it smells natural to me

ronnie1975
ronnie1975

love u Guerlain, everytime u made me love u again. Masterpiece after masterpiece
my favorite house. This is so fresh and lovely.

murysusanto

Oh boy! this one will not go wrong, wear it smart or casual, anytime of the day. It's lovely, as it develops it gets better. For me, top to bottom, perfect.

murysusanto

Guerlain appealing green fragrance like the vetiver collection, tempting by its look which drawn people's attention to take a closer look and try it. The bottle is like pile of rocks stacked up. Despite Guerlain name are champion in the world of fragrance and continue making solid and signature perfumes.

Raychee123
Raychee123

Doesn't agree with my chemistry at all :( just got the 80ml bottle online and sprayed it once. Will trade the brand new bottle for something else

sf2explus
sf2explus

A summer guerlain masterpeice imo. very elegant and refreshing without smelling like the the ordianary typical fresh scents that you find on the fragrance counters all the time.
It is Guerlain after all and they know how to make a very good scent.
This has a very fresh opening, with the mint, grapefruit, lime and rum, dries down to a woody cedar base with a feint citrus as the citrus never leaves but keeps getting lighter.
There is nothing synthetic smelling about this scent infact smells very luxurious. This lasts between 4-6 hours and becomes a skin scent after that which is good enough for me. Projection for the scent is good enough you will get a small bubble around you for the first 2-3 hours. i suggest 4-5 sprays with this do spray one onto the clothes that will help keep the top notes for longer. I own the original which is an amazing scent for spring but i wear it year round. This will be my summer fragrance. i have smelt alot of summer scents but it is guerlain homme leu which i keep thinking of and it is expensive but you get what you pay for with guerlain.

8.5/10

Chimp
Chimp

Guerlain Homme L'Eau is an irresistible green citrus spicy fragrance that smells very good and refreshing, it reminds me very much of Voyage d'Hermes.

lemmenkukka
lemmenkukka

This is a very beautiful scent!Goes very well for both sexes (I´m SHE!)Alluring, humble, nourishing, compassionate.Thumbs up!

serchina
serchina

I really love this one..so fresh and clean..perfect for summer..If I would be male I would definitely go for this :)

vardavas
vardavas

Amazing fresh scent. Lime and mint done right. One of the colognes I fell in love with instantly. Many compliments with this one. People ask all the time. All day silage/longetivity. IMO much better that the original one which I like.

rafaelik
rafaelik

Excellent Summer scent!!!! A most have!

Brettyboy

Mr Fingers below knows his shit and he is absolutely correct when he says about the lasting power of this little known gem. I sprayed this at midday and at 10 this evening I can still smell it.
For me this is one of the best releases of the last couple of years. It sparkles and hums in equal measure. If you haven't smelt it because you thought the original was a bit blah then you are in for a treat.

freddiefingers

Reading some of the comments here I will appeal to anyone interested in this to give it a try and not be swayed by those who are moaning about this not lasting on them.

This fragrance simply PROJECTS and LASTS for a freaking long time.the fault is not in the fragrance but with the skins of those who claim this lasts at most 2hrs on them.Are they sure they are using a genuine juice?Am i just lucky or what but I get 10hrs plus in sweltering heat wearing this.

This is meant to be a lighter version of Guerlain Homme but to be quite honest I dont get much difference except this is more cooling.the mint,grapefruit and lime which are prominent in both remain the same for me.U will have a headache when you overspray though-that's a fact,so take it easy on the trigger but definitely a nice summer/spring scent worthy of a try.

I dont find it to go through much changes though.it dries down to some sweetness with the citruses still hanging around .this is one good fragrance that in an ironic way am glad it doesnt get the respect/aclaim it deserves.In that case only a few of us get to enjoy it

Buysblind
Buysblind

Homme L'Eau is a great hot-weather scent. It opens with an invigorating, fresh citrus combination in which the grapefruit and bergamot is most apparent. As the opening settles, it takes on a light, understated composition marked by mint and geranium and perhaps a very clean musk or light woods. Though the citrus aspect settles, it never really disappears and plays a central role throughout the life of the scent.

This is a comfortable and versatile summer fragrance. I wear it to work, on dates, and even to the gym. Homme L'Eau is at no points sharp, markedly synthetic, or cheap-smelling. Overall, it is a very smooth scent which never becomes heavy or over-bearing in any way, and actually responds quite appropriately to changes in body temperature. It's a scent that you will believe has disappeared, but will return later on in the day and will be noticed by those around you even when you can not detect it.

I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a fresh summer fragrance that is not typical of the mainstream market.

Appropriate Projection/Solid Longevity

BTW, if you own Guerlain Homme, you can buy Homme L'Eau, as they are different enough to warrant separate purchases.

Wayne
Wayne

I think I will wait and see if Guerlain follow up and produce an EDP "intense" version of L'Eau like they did with the Homme intense, which I have and love in the winter months. The L'Eau I feel is much more a summer fragrance with it's fresh citrus, smells lovely but the EDT just doesn't have enough longevity on my skin.

Perc87
Perc87

Great! People complain about the longevity and sillage, seem not to realize that citrus ingredients are more volatile. They are used to those deodorants market who do everything to increasing longevity but losing his balance and naturalness. The house Guerlain also uses synthetic notes obviously but with much more wisdom, skill and good taste.
Fragrances are like clothes, no matter how good we have to use them correctly in the correct times otherwise they will not work well.

Grottola
Grottola

Guerlain Homme L'Eau is the most cooling, refreshing fragrance I've ever smelled. The cooling geranium compliments the lime and grapefruit in this so well, and I actually prefer this to the original Guerlain Homme.

This comes to life on a hot summer day - sweat and humidity project the pleasant, icy aroma quite well and it lasts a lot better when it's hot out, so don't expect much if you try to pull it off on a cold winter day.

magic_zizou
magic_zizou

it last only 30minutes or maybe less then half an hour in my skin.very poor longevity very poor projection...i was very disapointed after buying this ..in reviews they said it`s icy and very fraich i dont feel that.IT S LIKE A MENTHY LEMON WATER,VERY VERY LIGHT

deeabo
deeabo

This is certainly one of my best fragrances but I have to admit it doesn't do too well in the longevity department. I reckon it is one of those fragrances that has to be reapplied shortly after it wears off. It is definitely a good fragrance to have in one's collection.

Mr Fan
Mr Fan

Ideal summer fragrance in my top 5.............works for me

snails

a few days later edit: the rebirth of a magnificent scent. +14 degrees Celsius and NOW it's starting to come alive

snails

breathless rather breathtaking, luxurious yet " a common aquatic " at the beginning. the staying power...excuse me, what power? i am very disappointed. i wish it was one of those that lasts al least half of L'Instant or Guerlain Homme Intense. Poor longevity, poor projection. But I haven't used it in warm environment. Maybe at 30 degrees Celsius I will have a surprise. Everything is perfect about it: the bottle, the colour, the campaign, the price but what is most important as it in the longevity... I would rather not say. Has anyone the same problem as I have?
Regards

freddiefingers

@Brettyboy...u are spot on with ur review.in my opinion this is better than the Homme version.just glad others see it the way I did.

Brettyboy

Wow, this is a great surprise. Now to me the original Guerlain homme is not a terrible scent...not great either, which was probably its downfall...it was just too safe and mis-guided. This, however, is another story...it is 'alive' on first spray. It's one of those scents that make you feel like its all going to be alright. It is fresh in an almost old-school sense rather than the aquatic modern fare.
This as other reviewers have stated is fit to bare the Guerlain name (not that i am a fan of this house normally...Too powdery,generally).
Now, when i first applied this i thought the longevity was terrible but after a few outings i find that it is great and lasts for ages. I think i probably suffer from anticipation fatigue!!!!

GreenMan
GreenMan

I love this fragrance, very fresh and citrusy-minty. However, projection and longevity are very poor. Wish it would have been more concentrated. The strength is like an eau de cologne. I even have after shaves that last much longer than this, like Chanel Allure Homme edition blanche.

(After using this a while I have to say that longevity is not as bad as first thought. In warmer weather it does last quite long. At least 7-8 hours. But when it is cold the longevity seems very poor. So it seems that this fragrance requires some heat to project and last.)

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Citrus and mint, that's all I get from it. It's like Colgate lemon toothpaste.
Although I tend to dislike citruses, I still try to see behind my disproval for a body or persona, but all I get from this is a freshness only created by citrus, where usually citrus will hold freshness back IMO.

freddiefingers

finally got this one cheap on ebay.love the smell.will try and stick to it in summer.even though it's quite new it's hard to find and am wondering why

johnnybr0801
johnnybr0801

I simply love this scent! I tried this 2 months ago and I fell in love immediately. Its magical. Cold as ice at the beginning then it start to melt on your skin and become a very fresh, bright citrus fragrance. I guess there is something special in this fragrance comparing to other "citrus aromatic" fragrances. I found that the rum might be the reason for this unique feeling. When I smelled this first time it put me into a state of mind that there is something very good happening to you. I bought it few weeks after I tested at the airport when I was on vacation and the best to feel this "magic" when you use it in hot weather. I came out from the sea and its really nice how it reacts to the water and sun...another masterpiece from the good old Guerlain house! Best for summer months and might be good for winter as well to bring back the memories..:)

Guerlain Homme L`Eau by Guerlain 4.43 out of 5 based on 270 ratings and 49 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Guerlain Homme L`Eau fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Guerlain Homme L`Eau, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Guerlain Homme L`Eau by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Guerlain Homme L`Eau by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.