Designers » F-H » Woody Spicy « Groups

Guerlain Le Parfum du 68 Guerlain for women and men

Guerlain Le Parfum du 68 Guerlain for women and men
dislike

herbal

Guerlain Le Parfum du 68 by Guerlain is a Woody Spicy fragrance for women and men. Guerlain Le Parfum du 68 was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Thierry Wasser. The fragrance features spicy notes, immortelle, tonka bean, benzoin, incense and leather.

Spicy Notes Immortelle Tonka Bean Benzoin Incense Leather

Angélique Noire

Guerlain Le Parfum du 68 Fragrance Reviews

shiva-woman
shiva-woman

Though I don't usually think of fragrances with respect to season (more paired to my mood, clothes, who I want "to be") this one is more of a spring summer scent to me, very wearable, very lovely, but quite ephemeral. The first burst to me is citrus-bergamot with a few low spicy notes. The bezoin, leather, incense notes keep a very low profile on my skin,while the immortelle (more angelica smelling to me) and amber (a light amber) are at the forefront. This is a perfume I can wear and that doesn't wear me (unlike a lot of my favorite heavy hitter fl/oriental bombs or resins/ouds/woods). Just when I think it has drifted off, a bit of it will waft up to my nose (I don't know if that is a "ghosting" effect), but it reminds me that it's still there. The disappointment with this one is one that others I think are intimating as well: sillage is quite low, disappointingly, while longevity is right in the moderate (maybe even moderate-low) category. I would like this fragrance more with the volume up a bit. I would also like it more with the price tag down a bit! I would probably buy this to wear this summer--and more generously-but am not enough in love to go FB.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

This is indeed very very similar to the House's Angelique Noire, so my review will pretty much be exactly the same for as that scent.

Same herbal opening, leading to the obviously nice sweet notes in after an hour long wait; very disappointing.

matty64
matty64

@arsenal01, Saks website has this listed at $250.00 usd, for 2.5 oz. edp.

Thesheppardswife
Thesheppardswife

April: This everthing a Guerlain fragrance should be. There is some spice but overall this frag makes me feel like I am in the most wonderful bakery, with the scent of cake batter, raisins, bread pudding. Not too gourmond, 68 still smells like it should be worn, not drizzled over a pudding.
Unfortunately cost will prohibit my purchase of this delectable scent.
Almost at the end of my decant. .......oh dear.

May: so I will have to save up. Unless something else phenomenal comes along in the next year, this will replace my beloved Angelique Noire in 2016.
Stay tuned....

October: Still one of my favourites.

arsenal01
arsenal01

this could smell like sht and I wouldnt care....that bottle makes everything bad in life go away.

Anyone know the retail on one of these? Im assuming its expensive (even for a guerlain) due to it being an exclusive

suzrwin
suzrwin

Opens with a green burst of herbs quickly followed by a dryer grassier streak of immortelle. The benzoin is strong in this one, so ya gotta love the cool medicinal quality it imparts (i do) or this may not be your scent. It is tempered by powdery heliotrope, which, when combined with the spicy tonka lends it the Guerlain signature underlying many of Guerlain scents. The sueded leather dry down is reminiscent of Cuir Beluga.

Gorgeous! Another must have from Guerlain. Their scents play so nicely with my body chemistry, and I just can't get enough of them.

ChanelNo3
ChanelNo3

A beautiful soft and delicate feminine scent that has all the class of a traditional french perfume, a classic Guerlain perfume, but also modern and fresh!

However, I get much more Heliotrope and Rose (and definite citrus at first bergamot?) than any of the notes listed above, are we sure we have the right notes up there? Because even in the booklet that comes with the perfume it lists Heliotrope, Rose, and warm woods!

Also, there is a rumor that every site, where it's sold, has a slightly different ratio of notes, has anyone heard this before?

Eneli
Eneli

The opening was really green and sour. I was kind of supriced because the notes given here didn't match with any of it I was geting att the beginning. And I hated this fragrance first 10 minutes. BUT the drydown turned out to be very nice - sweet tonka and immortelle, not a trace of something green and sour.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Bittersweet Beauty!

Tonka Bean Spice Bomb! Immortelle gives it that dry, herbal, interesting bitter juxtaposition to the sweet tonka and benzoin main theme.

It is rich and luxurious and feels like your favourite cashmere sweater or that super expensive suede blouson.

Either way a gorgeous and unusual scent, perfect for fall and winter.

Pungent at first but dry down is to die for.

8/10.

mizz.cindy
mizz.cindy

I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed in this. I was hoping for a richer version of the cologne with added leather and incenses, but this is a whole other scent.
Parfum Du 68 is all about soft sweet tonkabean and a hint of green herbs. Underneath the tonka base I smell a distinctive heliotrope note but none of the leather. The herbs make this unisex, but the overall effect is very soft, sweet and slightly powdery.
I was expecting a bit more ooomph, but it's a lovely perfume. If you're looking for a delicate sweet powdery scent with a green spicy kick, this is the one you need.

Lily2911
Lily2911

Stunning unisexe perfume : Guerlain did it again ! Soft, more skin lingering perfume like a luxurious cashmere jumper hugging you....

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

The notes listed here are not true reflection of the complexity of this gorgeous fragrance. Parfum du 68 EDP is not a mere concentrated version of Eau de Cologne du 68 but a sensual fragrance with opening of soft warm citrus intertwining with fresh and warm spices. The more prominent floral and herbal heart consists of notes from Immortelle and some unidentifiable flowers and herbs is warmed and enriched by smoky incense with a touch of sweetness to it. The scent of Immortelle stays strong with a quite noticeable leather note lasting through the warm sensual dry down of Tonka and Benzoin. This fragrance has soft to moderate sillage and stays soft but noticeable on my skin for around 7 hours.

iamfcon
iamfcon

Incense, tonka bean, and leather? I'm intrigued, and I will definitely be trying this once I can find someone who has samples of it.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Guerlain Le Parfum du 68 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Guerlain Guerlain Le Parfum du 68, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Guerlain Le Parfum du 68 by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Guerlain Le Parfum du 68 by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.