Designers » F-H » Floral Green « Groups

Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial L'Eau Si Sensuelle Guerlain for women

Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial L'Eau Si Sensuelle Guerlain for women
dislike

Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial L'Eau Si Sensuelle Guerlain for women Pictures Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial L'Eau Si Sensuelle Guerlain for women Pictures

Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial L'Eau Si Sensuelle is a fragrant novelty by Guerlain, successor to last year's fragrance Shalimar Parfum Initial L'Eau. The perfume can be expected on the market from February 2013 as a romantic and cuddly successor in a matte glass flacon.

Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial L'Eau Si Sensuelle announces its gentleness and passion with its icy flacon and powdery pink feathers on its neck. Cuddly and gentle, with luminous citrusy notes and a floral, elegant heart, the new version provides a new experience created by the perfumer of the house, Thierry Wasser. The composition of this fragrance opens with sparkling and dynamic wave of bergamot and grapefruit combined with fresh green notes. Excitement and additional energy are provided by neroli blossom surrounded by the most prominent ingredient of the composition—elegant jasmine. Composition brings iris and roses in a warm and sensual hug of tonka and vanilla.

Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial L'Eau Si Sensuelle will be available as 60ml eau de toilette.

Bergamot Neroli Grapefruit Green Notes

Roma

Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial L'Eau Si Sensuelle Fragrance Reviews

DAL123
DAL123

Blind bought this because I just can't say no to a good perfume deal. I have a hard time with the original Shalimar-I love how it smells in the bottle and even on a test strip and on other people. I spray it on me and all I get is a blast of vanilla followed by nothing but leather. Not horrible, but not what I hoped for. This, however, is something I can wear happily :) First spray on me is plastic baby doll head. I admit I I thought I had made yet another bad blind buy at first. I resisted the urge to scrub it off and within 15-20 minutes I had a warm vanilla with just a touch of jasmine. I do not get much in the way of citrus from this at all. And this lasts on me. I am thinking this one will be a frequent flyer :)

Plamka

i have been craving perfume this since the moment it came out i was just about to buy it this month and i have been putting off all week and today i finally got the courage to order it and its out of stock lol. I got so angry and when i calmed down i realised..man, i love this perfume so much! I love the citrusy powdery lingering skin scent i adore the dry down-i wear it for it actually! i've loved it for a year...i must have it and i'll find it! and i'l wear it every day until everyone arounds me get alergic to it! :)

Carriewlin
Carriewlin

When I smell this on my skin, the word that seems to come to mind is "lovely". (I just got an image of SJP in my head. I am NOT trying to compare a Guerlain to anything by Sarah Jessica Parker, as sweet as she is.) It's a cozy sort of scent, one I think the majority of people wouldn't mind. It lacks the patchouli and vetiver found in Parfum Initial, which, while blended beautifully, are more divisive notes for some wearers. I think this would make a good gift if you aren't sure what someone likes. The bottle is beautiful, and it can still be found among reputable online sellers. This was an easy one to recommend. It's not a favorite in my collection, but when I'm feeling indecisive, I look to this one as a safe choice. Even my husband who leans toward citrus-woodsy fragrances likes this one, and it's definitely not in that category.

whitechocolatebunny
whitechocolatebunny

The grapefruit does it for me in this fragrance, creating a soft & powdery citrus. Imagine vanilla cheesecake with Marie Antoinette. Ultra feminine and girly. The bottle looks delightful!

I much prefer the dry down than the first hour of spraying. That might be because I suffer from sinus?

CoffeeCup
CoffeeCup

A bit of a disappointment, really. Dry, bitter citrus-and-powder. Suspecting the bergamot-neroli being responsible for the bitterness. It works for some people, but on my skin it falls flat and doesn't develop any further than that. The supposedly comfy-cosy, pretty combo of vanilla, tonka, rose and iris thus never emerges on my skin, what a pity.

Percoon
Percoon

First it might seems a bit heavy and sharp, but please be patient! Mintues after, it's getting clearer and softer. I imagine myself in Marie Antoinette's saloon with all the glam and the nicest choice of cakes from all around the world. Heavenly-fluffy still classy and elegant one.

lfarinas
lfarinas

So today I was browsing at Winners here in Canada with my gift card I got for mothers day and I spotted this for 50 bucks, grabbed it right away of course. husband a skeptical, he doesn't think its a good idea buying fragances without smelling first (aaaaand he's right but shhh dont tell him)... I just couldn't resist. Somehow I knew I was gonna appreciate this. Shalimar edp/edt are among my favourite, actually anything Guerlain I'm pretty sure I like. Anyways, I was right!! This is a soft, powdery citrus with some vanilla, reminds me a bit of Coco Madmoiselle, (I could be wrong its been a while since I wore that one). Now this one still has something Shalimar hidden somewhere in there, not sure what... Oh and husband liked it a lot. yay!
I missed to mention that lasts a decent amount on my skin (5-6hrs) but like I said this one's a soft scent, subtle sillage if that makes sense.

Mitsouko-san
Mitsouko-san

MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmm!
^This is the sound that escapes my throat every time I wear this.

It's energetic and bright but cuddly. To me, the dominant notes in the three stages are citrus, iris, and vanilla. Despite the EDT concentration, two spritzes last a surprisingly long time (easily 6 hours, and I still get faint whiffs after 8). That is a blessing for a person whose skin seems to reject many other perfumes.

So I only use this sparingly. Honestly don't know what I'll do when I run out of this, or worse, if the juice turns with age before I finish it...

smellysmellerson
smellysmellerson

I had the same experience as rickyrebarco's review. I'm returning it. Next in my rocky journey with this house- Chamade EDP, we'll see .....or smell rather.

loonad
loonad

This one is a like for me. At first I thought I would love it but it moved to a like because on me the longevity is not exceptional.however this is the perfect boudoir/bedroom scent.it is soft,powdery and just a little zingy.

Tara Fiouzi
Tara Fiouzi

lemon cake in a boudoir! that's how it feels when I smell it! this is a fantastic long lasting powdery citrus fragrance

KarlekLila
KarlekLila

@ Shoshi: Parfum Initial L'eau & L'eau Si Sensuelle are in fact the same fragrance despite the differences in name and packaging.

"In a few cases, trademark expiration issues are the reason for renaming fragrances. An interesting observation is that people at this point seem to perceive the scent differently. When the name or bottle has been changed, Guerlain reports that many customers refuse to acknowledge that the scent is the same as it was before. Some examples of renamed fragrance editions are Shalimar Black Mystery (contains Shalimar Parfum and EdP), Shalimar Fourreau du Soir (contains Shalimar EdP), ...Shalimar Parfum Initial L'Eau Si Sensuelle (contains Shalimar Parfum Initial L'Eau), etc..." (taken from monsieur-guerlain.com article on "bottles").

Shoshi
Shoshi

Curious: is this the same fragrance as Shalimar Parfum Initial L'Eau? Just in a different bottle/box? Any information much appreciated.

chanka
chanka

ach .. again.. I am so trying love Shalimar
true is I love him .. but not for make him my signature perfume
so this one is more stronger and last better that the one in non frosted bottle with pink tassel
I tried it 2x and yes this has better longevity that the other one
the other one fade away in 1h
I thing what bothers me on all Shalimar
after while I feel like I was in bar when people smoked ..
even day after I feel smoke from afar but closer it is nice citron sweet smell
still mixed feelings from all Shalimar

*sophi*
*sophi*

It has it all :)
Luminous neroli (my top favorite note), powdery iris, soft rose and luscious jasmine, all layered over the cozy and soft base of vanilla-tonka. What else would i ask ? Nothing less, nothing more. Upper feminity and modern elegance. That's it. Si Sensuelle - a French perfume, descendant of Shalimar (granddaughter).

TattooGypsy
TattooGypsy

I blind purchased this due to my love of Parfum Initial and a bargain I couldn't resist. Wow, this is not like PI at all...the opening is VERY green, and I also get alot of rose. I don't really feel the citrus as much as others seem to. There's a little bit of an underlying sweetness. It's a lovely perfume even if I don't care of green fragrances very much.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I am a Shalimar lover generally, but this one was challenging for me. On the positive side, the final drydown is beautiful, soft powdery vanilla and irisy goodness with some sweet lemon. But the topnotes and mid phase of the development are rather sharp, too citrusy and air freshener smelling. The mid-phase of this scent smells exactly like the air freshener Delta uses in its airplane bathrooms. Not terrible, but not something of which I want to be reminded when I spray on perfume! This one goes on the "sell" or "swap" list, sadly.

injroa
injroa

All i got was strong citrus, almost like a man's aftershave or *gulp* a citrus air freshener, which dry down to a very light powdery citrus. Where or where is my lemon vanilla goodness??

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

This is, like everyone has already said, a lighter/less sweet version of Parfum Initial.

A comparison between the two:

Parfum Initial Si Sensuelle is a slightly more soapy flanker! The initial spray is almost identical, except the citrus is a little more present. In the heart, there is a hint more rose, and bergamot and almost a PINCH of spice, but THANKFULLY I don't feel any strong Jasmine in this (If it's there... it's so well-blended that it's hard for me to pick out - and I INSTANTLY can pick out Jasmine!). I would still classify this as a "sweet" fragrance, it just does not have the same caramel note as Parfum Initial. In the dry-down, this flanker takes a slightly more soft/"clean" route, instead of driving the point home with super-sweetness. If PI was a LITTLE too much for you, this is more toned down. It's slightly less "frilly and pink", despite what the bottle conveys. (Which I absolutely love; the matte glass and the little pink feather floof? Adorable!)

Both fragrances have a similar atmosphere, and if you like one, you will most likely enjoy the other! But I would say you probably don't need both.

Every time I get a whiff of this flanker I immediately relate it to marshmallows. Pure easter, rabbit-shaped marshmallows!

Absolutely amazing all around.

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

I received this today in the post, and I love it! Not quite as much as the original, but this is great for days where I don't want the toffee-sweet dry down that PI EDP has.

The flacon is so adorable, such a beautiful frosted glass bottle and fluffy pink feather, it really sums up this wonderfully powdery floral gem of a fragrance.

I'm extremely saddened by the discontinuation of the entire Shalimar Parfum Initial range. I've just spent all of my birthday money on this and two 100ml EDP bottles. Thank god for birthdays!! ;)

villey91
villey91

Tested this for the first time at the perfume store today and the first thing I smelled was grated CARROTS! I thought I would like this because it's "Shalimar"...but oooh was I wrong. I have no idea what the note was that made it like that for me, but this is definitely something you have to try before buying it.
(I hope I'm not going scent-blind or something)

smellME
smellME

I don´t care if this is a flanker...
It is my first Shalimar and it is beautiful.
But I really can´t see the beauty in all those lime and lemon notes as a starter, they are kind of sharp - its like they never really have the time to bloom begore the creamy heart arrives
The middle part as well as the drydown is lovely to wear !
So even if these type of fudge notes usually doesn´t go along we me in summer , it's very light, powdery, airy formula gives me lovely whifs of a true , gorgeous and natural smell of creamy lemon fudge all day....
Thanks mooniq , once again for a safe , fast and lovely delivery !

jf72
jf72

A flanker of a flanker of a flanker! wow, the originality is flowing at Guerlain!

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

I have owned both Shalimar Parfum Initial L'eau and now I have a bottle of Shalimar Parfum Initial L'Eau Si Sensuelle, and I do find some differences. They are indeed very very similar, but the bergamot opening in Si Sensuelle is much softer, and actually I smell lime more than bergamot--almost like the lime in Eau de Shalimar. Or maybe it's the lemon + bergamot I am smelling? Anyway, it's a softer citrus opening here. The middle notes focus more on iris and rose, and the middle notes last longer in this version than the original L'eau.

Will edit with any other differences I find. Also, I love the feather tassel!! So pretty and I feel like it captures this flanker's relationship to Shalimar Parfum Initial perfectly.

Well, I love Shalimar EdT and here I can find it too, but with a feather-touch - The original is more of a sledgehammer. Shalimar Initial L'eau EdT is great for summertime, works well and for many hours. Great!

Tja, Jag älskar Shalimar EdT och här hittar jag den oxå men med en fjäderlätt touch, originalet är mer som en slägga för omgivningen. Shalimar Initila L'eau är perfekt för sommaren och håller i många timmar. Perfekt!

christianne1
christianne1

This is Shalimar Initial L'eau, same fragrance in a limited edition bottle released in early 2013, and only sold for that one season. Guerlain does this with different versions of Shalimar every so often...they release the same fragrance in a "special" bottle for collectors. So, if you already have L'eau, then you already have this in a different bottle.

I prefer the L'eau version to the regular Initial tremendously. Initial is too sweet...or just too much "something" for me. They smell very similar but this has the sweetness taken down just a notch and is much more wearable (for me at least). It is a beautiful fragrance and smells like the kind of scent men would like. It is hard for me to find the "Shalimar" in this because Shalimar without the smoke, leather and civet is simply not Shalimar. I love the original but also like this flanker a lot. I feel so girly and feminine when I wear it. Most of the fragrances I have are more unisex. This is total femininity. Sometimes it is nice to feel like a lady and Initial L'eau Si Sensuelle certainly does the trick. That bottle is a huge indicator of what is inside....all girl.

Mauerbluemchen
Mauerbluemchen

I have sprayed it for the first time and I can recognise the powdery and citrus notes. It is definitely a flanker of shalimar initial but it is more a fresh version thanks to the green citrus combined with traces of initial l'eau. I get the soft yasmin iris and neroli notes and I can sniff instead of grapefruit orange. It is a combination of somenthing old and somthing new and if you would sniff it blindfolded for the first time you would guess it is shalimar.
I love it, hope to have it. You can find it at Sephora.

sky74
sky74

The most beautiful poster ad I have ever seen. Simple idea and design, beautiful naked sensuous woman, innocent and fragile, yet very sexual. That expresses the nature of this scent: innocent, even baby like, but natural and sexy. This ad alone would make me want to buy a bottle. Very clever...

Plamka

I tested it last night,not huge fan of the opening but- oh my God- the dry down...smells really like a mixture of lemon cupcakes and BS- Believe's sweet patchouli. Its late morning and i can still smell it on my wrist. The SA told me there's no difference in notes between Si Sensuelle and Intial L'eau. Really?!!? Gotta start saving!

Unikko
Unikko

Well, this just won a price for the silliest perfume name. Seriously, please stop doing these flankers and focus on creating some good stuff for change. We don't need hundreds of mediocre releases every year. A couple of good ones every now and then would be much better.

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

Wasser said in one of his bbc interviews that he was taking a risk to bring to the table insolence..he called it the pink perfume before it was released to be called insolence and it needed to be done to be in competition with the other perfume houses that are doing the same and taking over the perfume industry by these flankers to appeal to the younger market..so this is being done one to get to the younger market and two to keep the company surviving and after the whole racial thing i can see why..it just added to the fire for Guerlains survival and for the house not to be turned into a museum and remain a perfume house they stated on the review..

In the same bbc review there was a young girl and her mom venturing for a new fragrance that would be age appropriate from the house of Guerlain and was being combined with the comment Wasser said about the neccessity to broaden the Guerlain house by trying something new..and which fragrance do you believe the girl chose? Insolence..hence now the flankers..lighter and more options for the youth while increasing there finances to keep the house going...if they feel they are going to go under then it would be the only option to take,so they did,i love insolence edp btw

messier42
messier42

I don't know how this compares to other Shalimar flankers, and frankly, I don't care. This works for me, I can't handle heady scents that's why I chose the lightest version possible.
So, I would not describe it as a hug at all. It maintains a spicy feel throughout. It is somewhat dirty and delicious. It is sensual and sexy without being overpowering. It makes me feel very special indeed. I can't say a particular note stands out for me, they seems to mingle really well. Pleased with this purchase!
Though from what I can see, the juice is the same as L'Eau, it's just a limited edition bottle. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Aysu
Aysu

I was shocked when I tried this in the airport, because it was just a copy of Shalimar Initial L'Eau. Why bother to release almost same juice in a different bottle? Ok, we got used to Dior, making flankers of flankers of flankers. But I was not expecting this fm Guerlain. If you have Shliamar Initial L'Eau, in my opinion, you don't even need to try this, sorry :-(

Muzoona
Muzoona

What is the new in this ?? as a fan of shalimar.. this is the worst perfume. nothing new than the first Initial Shalimar.

so disappointing.

Dojdirena
Dojdirena

It's absolutly fine! gentle, tender, but exquisite and deep, it is beautiful and its bottle too!

Lanlisa
Lanlisa

I just bought Shalimar Initial today and sprayed it on for the first time. So in love despite my concern it would be strong. It's lovely! I will be one of the first to order the new l'eau... In fact, I will now take anything Shalimar... Oh so gorgeous! Just don't discontinue this beauty, please!!!

CastoR&Pollux
CastoR&Pollux

very very sad - guerlain and mr. THW - where is his perfumers soul gone?

very sad!

Sensoria

I changed a sentence in my earlier comment because what I meant to say was that theres not much difference in smell in the two versions I already have. They almost smell the same for me.English is not my first language.Talking about confusion ^^. I was only wondering why the Si Sensuelle isnt on the front too? That would have been more clearly imo. Then you have a clear bottle with L'eau and a matte bottle with L'eau Si Sensuelle

mylancome
mylancome

Sensoria: Take a closer look at the picture. Though it's named L'eau but the bottle is obviously matted glass.

Sensoria

I'm a little confused by the picture of the bottle. It says Shalimar initial l'eau. I own both: Shalimar Initial and Shalimar Initial l'eau and both bottles have clear glass and not matte.The l'eau I have has a pink tassel ,only the newer version has a feather. I don't notice much difference between the two perfume versions I already have. Is this going the same way as with the Miss Dior Cherie story with flanker after flanker after flanker? And not to mention the bottles which almost look all the same.

But I love de Shalimar Initial and the l'eau both and can't wait to try this version too. The bottle and the perfume really give me the feeling that I'm wearing a PERFUME. Wonder if this flanker give me the same feeling or will be a disappointment

P.S. Now its 31-3-13 and I still haven't seen it in the shops. I've been to the shop several times now to ask for it but they still don't sell it. When I ask for it there's alway confusion because they show me the L'eau which I already have and they don't know there's coming a Si sensuelle. Weird. So still not have tried this one.

lisa o
lisa o

sounds like a joke!!
sad joke...

Eurochic
Eurochic

A flanker of a flanker of a flanker. Wow!

trueblue19
trueblue19

A floral green Shalimar? Never heard of it. Simply by reading the notes you won't recognise a trace of Shalimar. Why oh why do these people have to rip poor old Shalimar off her dignity!? She doesn't deserve this...It's like forcing a 70yo Rita Hayworth dress up in pink bonny girl costume selling lollies to kindergarten kids. It's just so wrong. If I were Shalimar I'd feel insulted to be placed along with all these fluffy stuff. Now, Monsieur Wasser, you're really pissing me off.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

I know this is not much of a review but OH MY GOD I WANT THAT PINK FLUFFY THING!

michau
michau

Not another flanker of a legend which is perfect itself and does not need any offspring.

Guerlain under LMVH and with Wasser as a nose is obviously canibalising their classic pedigree...

auroramaria
auroramaria

Looks like my beloved Guerlain is taking pleasure in launching new flankers every season , I'm not complainig!
All I konw about this new Shalimar is that Thierry Wasser chose the finest jasmine on the market to create his new fragrance but I'm eagerly waiting for the full info on all the notes.
I have been spending so much money on fragrances in the last couple of years and everytime I say no-I have to resist this one cause I don't really need it-but then I give in and that surrender makes me so happy.
Anyway I already know this new gem will be sitting cozily on my dresser looking beautiful with that gorgeous pink fluffy feather!

Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial L'Eau Si Sensuelle by Guerlain 4.09 out of 5 based on 233 ratings and 46 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial L'Eau Si Sensuelle fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Guerlain Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial L'Eau Si Sensuelle, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial L'Eau Si Sensuelle by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial L'Eau Si Sensuelle by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.