Designers » F-H » Chypre Fruity « Groups

Guet Apens Guerlain for women

Guet Apens Guerlain for women
dislike

Guet Apens by Guerlain is a Chypre Fruity fragrance for women. Guet Apens was launched in 1999. The nose behind this fragrance is Mathilde Laurent.

Vol de Nuit Evasion
1889 Moulin Rouge
Burlesque

Guet Apens Fragrance Reviews

Capricious Capricorn
Capricious Capricorn

I got this several years ago, after it was renamed Attrape Coeur and changed to a bee bottle. I should have gotten two. How good is it? Well, my BIL criticizes just about everything I wear. Well, he gave me a compliment on this one. It personifies richness and elegance. It's so well blended that I don't detect any particular notes. Heady, sophisticated stuff. And, of course, I was stopped in my tracks by a stranger that had to know what it was. I gave this requestor the "rare, exquisite, discontinued, and expensive" spiel. Believe me, it's all of that.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

I still have mine from 2000. I am willing to trade. It's authentic. Hubby got for me when in France for a Pitt stop to the islands. I never did like it. I love Heliotrope, almonds, baby powder fragrances, and many other Guerlain. But this one, there's something not agreeing with me. I have tried it off and on. Yep, the bottle is expensive, collector's item in itself. It's the real juice too. Wonder why it doesn't work on me. I love L'Instant, L'Ondee, Samsara, Asian Brulant, Coquin Gourmand (which if they quit making, I would die) and I don't know, a few others they have out, both high end, and lower end. This though....not me at all....If somebody has to have it, message me.

finanna
finanna

Not sure if it makes any sense to write a review of a discontinued, hard to find (and ridiculously expensive if you can find it) perfume, but maybe Guerlain execs will come back to their senses, find a way to replace those ifra-banned ingredients and bring this beauty back to market.

This is easily the best of modern Guerlains...or actually the best Guerlain I have ever tried. Gorgeous ambery heliotrope-violet sweetness that is instantly recognizable as a descendant of the Guerlain classics. It shares some similarities with l'Heure Bleue, Vol de Nuit and Apres Ondee, yet it is unique and sadly, none of the other Guerlains can ever fill the gap in my heart.

I was a bit disappointed by the longevity (6h in total, but the beautiful opening blast toned down much faster). Nevertheless, it is one of my all-time favourites and I dearly hope it would be re-issued. Until that, I'll be sniffing the gorgeous wafts from my empty bottle:(

If you can get a full authentic bottle, go for it. Not worth testing a sample because you'll very likely fall in love.

Redpula
Redpula

Oh I was stunned and wouldn't know how to react because the moment i applied a spray at my back hand while i was walking, it was a fireball that heated up in a cold evening. It hits me so hard, beautifully done, super classic heavy mix of finest flowers with oakmoss and some fruit notes. I do not detect a specific flower dominating this edt of the classic but I can smell jasmine, rose and tuberose, perfectly balanced together yet heavy for the first minutes. This is only for mature women who possess a strong character. 3 sprays would definitely annoy those around you because this is amazingly too potent to trigger happy. To a wrong skin, it might be sour, to my skin, it made me miss my mom... This is the 60's and 70's alluring woman should smell on the first hour but after that, the 30's up modern woman would make heads turn due to its captivating aromatic, balmy, heart to dry down. A cold evening walk to a beautiful labyrinth filled with smelly flowers, woods, moss and be ready to go deeper, sniffing your path to no return. :)

Lady Love
Lady Love

I don't feel a connection between Guet Apens and Mitsouko, either as a vintage fragrance. I find Guet Apens to be original and well made. Its cloying, sweet/ambery, and smoky/vanillic, with a beautiful violet note. Please! Go easy with this one, My only complaint is that I find this very strong. Complex scent so take your time to explore Guet Apens.

glorious1

No words can adequately describe Guet-Apen. I have Mitsouko extrait and edt, vintage yada yada.....not even close! Like I said Attrape Coeur was the later version but one in the same......sort of.....there still is a little difference but I would NOT turn down Attrape-Coeur.

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

I am completely baffled by this scent. When I first put it on there was a blast of something, not sure, not unpleasant, but very different. And then it very quickly faded away to something soft and sweetish, maybe musky? I have no idea. Definitely have to try again and see.

glorious1

I will always be searching for Guet-Apens!! Attrape-Coeur has a plastic note in it but it's the next best thing!!

The liquid in my sample vial (whose provenance was ultimately a decanter, by way of a fellow fragrance traveler) of Guerlain ATTRAPE COEUR smells suspiciously familiar to the dregs in the bottom of my now nearly empty bottle of YSL YVRESSE, which is so old that it actually bears the original name of that perfume, CHAMPAGNE.

Thick, somewhat gunky stewed peaches and parched vetiver? Hmmm... this seems very similar to the result which I might expect to derive from attempting a reduction of MITSOUKO over the stove. The flowers are really all stuck together in an amorphous blob in this composition. Eventually the drydown smells more like MITSOUKO than YVRESSE, but I never detect a single isolable flower petal anywhere: rose, violet, and iris are nowhere here to be sniffed. I do believe that my sample may simply be old.

I never had a chance to try the 1999 launch of "this" perfume, GUET-APENS, but I am curious as to why it should have been totally renamed if in fact there was no significant reformulation for the 2005 launch of ATTRAPE COEUR. I also wonder why two extra perfumers should be given credit for a perfume originally composed by Mathilde Laurent, if in fact the two creations are really one and the same.

glorious1

Guet-Apen IS Attrape Coeur! My friend worked for Guerlain and they just remarketed it and changed the name.

This is probably my favorite perfume! I adore it. I do NOT get Mitsouko from this and I have the vintage Mitsouko and the parfum.
Anyway.........truly wonderful...........I think of this much more of an oriental also.
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! I save it for special!! I'd hate to think I'd run out! It's expensive......BUT

flhterrie
flhterrie

As with many of my perfumes, I ordered this untried, and after decanting to a spray bottle and spraying on my wrist I gasped and said aloud, "Oh no, that was a waste of money!" The tuberose hit me in the face like a ton of bricks and I'm not a huge tuberose fan, but I am an experienced perfume fan and decided to give it some time and airing out before starting to scrub.

I am soooo glad I did. It immediately bagan calming on my skin. the tuberose subsided and the jasmine (one of my fave florals) and violet rose to the surface and I began to relax. I never got much rose, but that's alright. The peach wasn't that much present for me either, but when the drydown began in earnest I was in heaven. It was that vanilla, ambery, slightly musk Guerlain base I have come to call home with just the right amount of the floral balance hanging in to soften it and give it lightness and it's own character.

I don't see the resemblance to Mitsouko in Guet Apens. Mitsouko has a harshness on me that never goes away and is one of the only Guerlains I don't like. Guet Apens is what I wanted Mitsoukp to be. A sweet, yet soft oriental with great staying power and decent sillage.

Kterhark
Kterhark

When I sampled this a year ago I was looking for a reason not to buy another Guerlain, but wanted to circle back to it now.

Guet Apens is a purple fragrance with a lot of ‘glass’. Upon the opening I want to compare it to Apres L’ondee, but this is not a wet, springtime fragrance. It is a windy, late fall fragrance; something you would wear as you walked through the open prairie as the first brisk breezes of winter were whistling down your neck.

The mood of this fragrance is introspective to me; something I would wear if I needed to be alone and contemplate something. A solitary wind-swept note.

This time of year I place it ahead of L’heure Bleue, and behind Apres L’ondee. I wouldn’t compare it to Mitsouko at all, as it is a dry, floral oriental and not a fat, luscious chypre.

Certainly one of the better fragrances to ever come from Guerlain.

floriana
floriana

Never heard, never saw.....Exist in official Guerlain site??? I cannot find Guet Apens.

F_A
F_A

That's true, Guet-Apens has something very similar to Mitsouko. It is old-fashioned in some way like tessture said but that's why I love it so much!
Mitsouko is somehow sharp and quite heavy, "dusty" fragrance compared to Guet-Apens. Guet-Apens is softer, fruitier and really creamy.
It makes me feel as if I was walking alone down the dusty countryside road on a very hot summer day, dust tickles my nose, the air is hot and dry but at the same time wind brings the smell of juicy ripe peaches from the garden which I cannot see. I love how Guet-Apens makes me feel! It is lovable, romantic fragrance with the edge to it.
Guet-Apens has the classic Guerlain base and a lovely sillage. Simply adorable!

Not as different as Mitsouko, nor as interesting, even though Mitsouko doesn't quite work on me. Sadly, Guet Apens/Attrape Coer is basically a boring, old fashioned heavy floral on my skin. I wish it was more like what Mals86 has reviewed.

Mals86
Mals86

Guet-Apens was renamed and rereleased (without obvious reformulation) in 2003 as Attrape-Coeur.

Notes include:
Top: Rose, jasmine, tuberose, violet
Heart: peach
Base: amber, musk, vanilla

Someone has described Attrape-Coeur (to give it its current name) as a "creamy Mitsouko." I'm not sure that's very clear, but it is certainly related to Mitsouko, with its peachy heart. I cannot wear Mitsouko; it smells of waxed floors and bitter herbs on me. I prefer this one, with its lovely violet and rich, textured rose. The ambery vanilla drydown is rich as brandy. A real asset in the Guerlain line, and a must-try if you like the classic Guerlains. Gorgeous.

I do not understand the chypre designation. This one is, to my nose, heavily ambery and more oriental than chypre.

Guet Apens by Guerlain 4.47 out of 5 based on 82 ratings and 16 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Guet Apens fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Guet Apens, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Guet Apens by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Guet Apens by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.