Designers » F-H » Oriental « Groups

Habit Rouge L`Eau Guerlain for men
dislike

nutty
Habit Rouge L`Eau Guerlain for men Pictures

Habit Rouge L`Eau by Guerlain is a Oriental fragrance for men. Habit Rouge L`Eau was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Thierry Wasser. The fragrance features jasmine, patchouli, vanille, bitter orange, hazelnut and green notes.

Jasmine Patchouli Vanille Bitter Orange Hazelnut Green Notes

Habit Rouge L`Eau Fragrance Reviews

krisiu
krisiu

Very elegant, high class scent. It has great silage and good longevity. It is modern, but in a classic way ;-) I love the drydown

Blutengel
Blutengel

My wife is wearing this scent today for the first time. I suggested her this morning to try this one out and as I thought, this one is very unisex. It's an absolute georgeous smell reminding on the Habit Rouge godfather, but has enough character to stand alone and not as 'just' a flanker. Projection is more than arm length after 4 sprays.

orestes
orestes

Very similar to habit rouge legere(light)2005 version,very good version,especially for spring,i love this scent! I hope never discontinued!

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

On the opening you get a very soft and smooth cream like orange citrus note. After a while a airy jasmine note appears and seems to dominate the heart of the fragrance.

In the dry-down the unsweet cream like vanilla takes over with hints of patchouli, woods, musk and a watery note. All in all this fragrance lasts five hours with average projection.

This scent is very nice indeed and the notes are woven very subtlety within the soft and smooth olfactory tapestry.

The drydown is especially good as it seems to morph on your skin. One moment when you sniff yourself up close you smell the orange and musk, other times the jasmine and slight woods.

A worthy fragrance which I would classify as a citrus floral oriental making it perfect to wear anytime and anywhere.

Castor
Castor

It shares the top notes of the original with modernized mid and base notes, in that sense,the powderiness is gone after minutes in oder to morph into base notes that can be found in recent releases.

"L'Eau" is kind of tricky in the sense that it does not feel like and EdC. It is simply a simpler and more modern take of that of a classic, without its complexity albeit with more longevity than the usual Eaux - which makes me think Azzaro and Habit Rouge's might be a subgenre of the classical ones along this attribute.

Or, alternatively if you like the classic one, an option for the Summertime.

Yes, I can find negative aspects in it, thus the reason why it is bashed by some lovers of the one launched in the mid 1960's: it is, after all, its bland version. IMHO, worth as an option if you find the first one oppresive, outdated or unbereable during the Summertime.

hamtoo
hamtoo

In my opinion, this version of Habit Rouge lacks the fabulous complexity of the version from 2003. Both have some similarity at the opening, but it lasts no more than 15-20 min. After that, the 2003 version displays a wonderful olfactory experience that is absent in the 2011 version. The jasmine joined to the bitter orange remotely approaches the newest version to the oldest just for a short time. After half an hour the 2001 version falls into a watered linear scent, whereas the other version has an absolutely classy and intriguing growth to offer, with the mix of floral, leather, woody and spicy notes working up an elegant scent that makes you a gentelman.

Mancorp
Mancorp

A complete waste of money as far as I'm concerned. It's like Guerlain took the top notes of Habit Rouge and replaced the rest of the formula with Calone. It's called "L'eau" for a reason: because it's as weak as water. Drydown? What drydown? This thing disappears in under two hours. Dear God, aren't there enough interchangeable, fresh water, "clean," Calone-laden scents out there? Was it necessary to update this classic by removing from it everything that made it a classic?

fragrantpete.
fragrantpete.

A beautifully balanced and nuanced scent.
After the initial citrus a wonderfully rounded fragrance slowly emerges. The bell it rings in my olfactory memory is that of Rosewood.

msburn
msburn

I love how this scent has great silage and how it still remains light until up close. It smells strange at the opening because the citrus note, but as soon as it starts to dry-down (20-40 min), it starts smelling amazing and it is a very unique smell.

Na0
Na0

Why this shit is called Habit Rouge ? O_o
----
Ok, let's edit that. I wrote it right after I sprayed it on my skin.
The opening is way too bad ! Well, not that bad, but you have to LOVE the bitter orange a lot to accept it. Otherwise, don't ever think about it !

I was like "What is that ?... Why this thing is called Habit Rouge, it's NO WAY like the original ! So citrus, HEAVY citrus.

Once the drydrown comes, and that orange note dissapears, now you recognize the grandeur of the real Habit Rouge. That beautiful powdery scent, that mythic one.

Well, as I didn't like the opening, I washed my hands 3 times... And the scent stills here. So well, great quality in the end. If you could pass that weird opening, you won't be deceive..

But I mean, price of the original is just a little bit expansive than this one, so... What is the point to buy that one which is almost the same, in my opinion, just a little bit more fresh and... citrus;

Smell : 3 / 5
Versatility : 2 / 5
Longevity : 5 / 5
Projection : 4 / 5

Overall : 14 / 20

Lisztener
Lisztener

I wish that I were as versed on fragrances as many who post reviews and nearly give the fragrance of which they speak a life of its own. Ah! I am not knowledgeable save with a few scents that I know. Of these, Habit Rouge L'eau is definitely another GUERLAIN classic that competes well with the original Habit Rouge in essence, yet is a completely different experience. The spiciness of the original is not here, but the opening is lush with a deep fruity (bitter orange & patchouli) aroma that soon drys to a signature vanilla and jasmine combination that is addictive because it is the male version of Shalimar. This was a blind buy as was the original. These two are in my top five. Habit Rouge is, for now, my signature scent followed by Terre d'Hermes Parfum for men, then Habit Rouge L'eau. These scents are delicious and I'm delighted to wear them... anywhere, any time, any place.

gd15329
gd15329

I purchased this one yesterday (along with Minotaure Paloma Picasso for men) as a birthday present. {Actually the seller prompt me to buy it, I said "not now" and before I leave I came back and said "OK you win, this is an excellent smell"}

Almost nothing like I've smelled before.
Bitter orange is surprisingly good! (I don't smell neroli here, as others say) All composition is so good, elegant and aristocratic and charisma booster that I'm seriously thinking of making this my signature fragrance (only time will tell). Neither me nor my wife get any "feminine vibe" here. Pure masculine elegance!

Projection and longevity I thing are very good but I'm still on test mode (1 small spray) so I will come back with an update on this.

Update: Very good (bitter) fragrance, very special smell, BUT, there is something I don't know-but I don't like in the dry down... Projection is Normal after 4 heavy sprays, But Longevity is Very Strong 24h+ (only close to skin or if someone kiss you, of course)

My (new) Total Score: 7.8/10 (because of the dry down downfall)

PS: This one has nothing to do with L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme or Vetiver Guerlain for men (I also tested same day)

yacoco
yacoco

lovely secnt i agree with candy
its have kinde of l'Instant de Guerlain with vanille and powdery and its kind of femenin
dry down is amazing
i think i well fall in love with is i need to try more
in winter

candy-datura
candy-datura

Not bad, and not a plain scent as well. For me it's something between l'Instant de Guerlain and Cacharel pour Homme.

Habit Rouge L`Eau by Guerlain 4.36 out of 5 based on 78 ratings and 14 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Habit Rouge L`Eau fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Habit Rouge L`Eau, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Habit Rouge L`Eau by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Habit Rouge L`Eau by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.