Designers » F-H » Oriental « Groups

Habit Rouge L`Eau Guerlain for men
dislike

nutty
Habit Rouge L`Eau Guerlain for men Pictures

Habit Rouge L`Eau by Guerlain is a Oriental fragrance for men. Habit Rouge L`Eau was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Thierry Wasser. The fragrance features jasmine, patchouli, vanille, bitter orange, hazelnut and green notes.

Jasmine Patchouli Vanille Bitter Orange Hazelnut Green Notes

Habit Rouge Eau de Toilette
Cuir Sensuel

Habit Rouge L`Eau Fragrance Reviews

mutatismutandis
mutatismutandis

Habit Rouge L'Eau is a nice take on the classic Habit Rouge. Both have the lovely vanilla base in common. Both also have impressive longevity, although L'Eau doesn't last as long as the original. L'eau is gentler. It doesn't have the leather in it which can be a little oppressive at times. L'Eau is much easier to wear than Habit Rouge because it is lighter and gentler. They both have a jasmine note which seems to be the same strength in both but is more noticeable in L'Eau than HR EDT because the classic has a lot more notes and a lot more going on. Where Habit Rouge L'Eau differs from the original is that the opening has a bitter orange rather than a lemon and tangerine citrus. There's a patchouli note in both in the heart notes but it's wrapped around a vague green set of notes and with some nuts in L'Eau rather than the woods and resin that you get in Habit Rouge EDT. The classic has cinnamon and nutmeg which give give it a certain warmth whereas L'Eau goes down the fresher, lighter route with the green notes instead. L'Eau is a simpler, gentler version of a classic. It might suffer in comparison or it might seem like a fresher reinterpretation, depending on your point of view. Habit Rouge EDT is a well-established classic of decades standing whereas L'Eau probably won't gain similar status. However, you might think of it as a gateway perfume - it is a much easier way into some of the Guerlain classics which most people are probably not ready for earlier on in their olfactory journey. I think Habit Rouge L'Eau is an excellent introduction into the world of Guerlain as well as a rather nice perfume in it's own right. In the same way that you don't give a child chocolate with 90% cocoa solids and expect them to like it - you need to work up to it slowly and let your palate adjust to the different sensations from proper quality ingredients - I think this is a lovely number and a nice way into the Guerlain world. And every parfumista should find a Guerlain or two to love. Maybe they should have called it Habit Rouge: La Porte!

Konga5000
Konga5000

Less screechy than it's former DNA - as said on here many times.
If you have never dipped into Habit Rouge- this is a good one to start with . Price is fair as well!
Sweeter and more complex than the original .

A good blind buy!

polly golightly
polly golightly

qualcuno lo ha definito l'habit rouge con lo xanax: non potrei essere più d'accordo con questa felice descrizione :) il grande classico di guerlain, rude e maschile, è qui rasserenato, ammorbidito, reso quasi inoffensivo pur mantenendo una certa reminiscenza dell'originale. l'accordo è esperidato e freschissimo all'inizio, ma è qestione di pochi minuti perchè poi spunta un cuoio leggero circondato da gelsomino e nocciole. buono il fondo di patchouli non invernale. molto gradevole.

dremerick
dremerick

Definitely more versatile than its older brother. Might be the most versatile fragrance I own; and i've owned plenty. Crisp yet warm and oh so pleasant. A modern take on the original and well suited for men of any age.

abderrahim
abderrahim

Amazing one and in my opinion it's more safer for people who found the EDT is complicated.

aliks
aliks

Much easier to wear than the original Habit Rouge, which is a marvel, but which I hardly can wear today for more than 2 or 3 days without annoying myself with the smell. L'Eau is a great proposal for a very impressionist kind of reference to a masterpiece.

RHONORAY
RHONORAY

This is beautiful,very wearable and affordable. Read Jack Hunter's review, he breaks it down perfectly.

Casiquire
Casiquire

This is quite an improvement over the original in my opinion! This smells young, a bit sweet, and with one of the best jasmine notes in a "man's" fragrance that I've smelled recently. It opens with orange, which is a perfect pair with the creamy jasmine middle. Contrary to the opinions of others here, I quite like the opening. It's a smoother take on the original.

The orange does fade away though, and when that happens it's a creamy and nutty jasmine. I can't always pick out the hazelnut but when I can it's a strong note and probably my favorite touch out of the whole fragrance. It's beautiful.

The base is vanilla pretty much all the way but the middle notes never fully disappear. The only downside to the nearly-perfect fragrance is the slight hint of baby wipes in the base. I only smell that immediately after re-applying or when I give it a puff of warm air from my nostrils way at the end.

All in all this is the definition of well-blended. It's nothing but smooth, it's vanilla and hazelnut but not too sweet, it's jasmine but not too floral. It's soft in texture but projects fairly well and on me lasts over nine hours, I usually shower before this wears off so I don't even know how long it would last.

I'm not one to put an age on a fragrance, but the original HR is an exception. It smells old to me. It smells how I imagine the sheets would smell in a camper that hasn't been used since the 80s. Dusty with a bit of fabric softener. L'Eau on the other hand is youthful but it's not trendy, it still has a classic feel, can be worn any time and any season--though some summer days might get too warm. This is one of Wasser's best!

arteditors
arteditors

i tried habit rouge l'eau next to the habit rouge, at the same time. habit rouge is by far superior to this. l'eau is far too mild and my skin devours it as if nothing happened two hours after application. if you want to go softer and not too sure about habit rouge, then go for l'eau. i find habit rouge too eccentric i prefer it over l'eau and i can support the scent.

l'eau is simpler, less complex more of an all rounder and less bolt. i want bolt, not just a perfume.

Anywhereyouare
Anywhereyouare

Not so "rouge" any more. It's more green, grassy, sharp. It is a little bitter at the beginning and quite sweet and sugary at the drydown. Suits well sweaters, shirts - rather casual in my opinion but it has it's own splendor. However isn't as powerful as EDT, seems great though. True Eau de Habit Rouge.
Wonderfully behaves if sprayed on leather watch strap - it lasts for weeks on soft gallantry. On skin it lasts around 8 hours, projects well about 4 hours - I personally re-apply it during the day.
Very fine fragrance, definitely well done renterpretation of it's famous predecessor.

EddyC

Actually this is very similar to the original edt, i've been testing them side by side, in the opening they are quite similar, l'eau seems to be a bit more crisp and creamy, in the drydown the edt is more powdery-vanillic

SNOOPY
SNOOPY

I ordered habit rouge online and was sent this instead.
I did not care too much for the opening but the dry down was incredibly beautiful.
,very distinctive fragrance.
to me the drydown smelled like angel food cake tastes.

deja vu-gr
deja vu-gr

Really excellent combination between citrus and vanilla.The most wearable and less sweet among Habit Rouge's line indeed,and for younger but elegant crowd as well.

biscoff
biscoff

Oh, my God, I love this one!
Guerlain DNA + the most versatile among the Habit Rouge line - fresh, delicious, lusty. Performance-wise I would say it is good enough ~6-8 hours of longevity with medium silage.

4/5 from me.

Hope that Guerlain keeps it in its portfolio...

pars2002
pars2002

IMHO Among EDP, EDT , Sport and this , L'Eua is the most wearable version. Rose is not amid main notes but I detect a weak rose-like note. for young gentlemen who are into classics but avoid using old school frags, this is a big unique surprise.

EddyC

today with an extremely hot weather after 12 hs i can still detect it when i move my head

Brenao
Brenao

Habit rouge on Xanax. A softer and well-rounded version, very wearable and unique at same time. First the citrus notes appears(the most hard part of the fragrance, not so adorable) and then 20 minutes later a soft orange note seems familiar, at the same time a floral heart joins this harmonious dance. On basenotes 40 minutes later you have a soft oriental wax with hazelnut. Not so sweet, but not for hot days also. Appealing enough.

gzalvares
gzalvares

Citrus-vanilic delicious! Opens with much orange which gradually makes a creamy mousse with vanilla and hazelnut. Great.

krisiu
krisiu

Very elegant, high class scent. It has great silage and good longevity. It is modern, but in a classic way ;-) I love the drydown

orestes
orestes

Very similar to habit rouge legere(light)2005 version,very good version,especially for spring,i love this scent! I hope never discontinued!

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

On the opening you get a very soft and smooth cream like orange citrus note. After a while a airy jasmine note appears and seems to dominate the heart of the fragrance.

In the dry-down the unsweet cream like vanilla takes over with hints of patchouli, woods, musk and a watery note. All in all this fragrance lasts five hours with average projection.

This scent is very nice indeed and the notes are woven very subtlety within the soft and smooth olfactory tapestry.

The drydown is especially good as it seems to morph on your skin. One moment when you sniff yourself up close you smell the orange and musk, other times the jasmine and slight woods.

A worthy fragrance which I would classify as a citrus floral oriental making it perfect to wear anytime and anywhere.

hamtoo
hamtoo

In my opinion, this version of Habit Rouge lacks the fabulous complexity of the version from 2003. Both have some similarity at the opening, but it lasts no more than 15-20 min. After that, the 2003 version displays a wonderful olfactory experience that is absent in the 2011 version. The jasmine joined to the bitter orange remotely approaches the newest version to the oldest just for a short time. After half an hour the 2001 version falls into a watered linear scent, whereas the other version has an absolutely classy and intriguing growth to offer, with the mix of floral, leather, woody and spicy notes working up an elegant scent that makes you a gentelman.

Mancorp
Mancorp

A complete waste of money as far as I'm concerned. It's like Guerlain took the top notes of Habit Rouge and replaced the rest of the formula with Calone. It's called "L'eau" for a reason: because it's as weak as water. Drydown? What drydown? This thing disappears in under two hours. Dear God, aren't there enough interchangeable, fresh water, "clean," Calone-laden scents out there? Was it necessary to update this classic by removing from it everything that made it a classic?

fragrantpete.
fragrantpete.

A beautifully balanced and nuanced scent.
After the initial citrus a wonderfully rounded fragrance slowly emerges. The bell it rings in my olfactory memory is that of Rosewood.

msburn
msburn

I love how this scent has great silage and how it still remains light until up close. It smells strange at the opening because the citrus note, but as soon as it starts to dry-down (20-40 min), it starts smelling amazing and it is a very unique smell.

Na0
Na0

Why this shit is called Habit Rouge ? O_o
----
Ok, let's edit that. I wrote it right after I sprayed it on my skin.
The opening is way too bad ! Well, not that bad, but you have to LOVE the bitter orange a lot to accept it. Otherwise, don't ever think about it !

I was like "What is that ?... Why this thing is called Habit Rouge, it's NO WAY like the original ! So citrus, HEAVY citrus.

Once the drydrown comes, and that orange note dissapears, now you recognize the grandeur of the real Habit Rouge. That beautiful powdery scent, that mythic one.

Well, as I didn't like the opening, I washed my hands 3 times... And the scent stills here. So well, great quality in the end. If you could pass that weird opening, you won't be deceive..

But I mean, price of the original is just a little bit expansive than this one, so... What is the point to buy that one which is almost the same, in my opinion, just a little bit more fresh and... citrus;

Smell : 3 / 5
Versatility : 2 / 5
Longevity : 5 / 5
Projection : 4 / 5

Overall : 14 / 20

Lisztener
Lisztener

I wish that I were as versed on fragrances as many who post reviews and nearly give the fragrance of which they speak a life of its own. Ah! I am not knowledgeable save with a few scents that I know. Of these, Habit Rouge L'eau is definitely another GUERLAIN classic that competes well with the original Habit Rouge in essence, yet is a completely different experience. The spiciness of the original is not here, but the opening is lush with a deep fruity (bitter orange & patchouli) aroma that soon drys to a signature vanilla and jasmine combination that is addictive because it is the male version of Shalimar. This was a blind buy as was the original. These two are in my top five. Habit Rouge is, for now, my signature scent followed by Terre d'Hermes Parfum for men, then Habit Rouge L'eau. These scents are delicious and I'm delighted to wear them... anywhere, any time, any place.

gd15329
gd15329

I purchased this one yesterday (along with Minotaure Paloma Picasso for men) as a birthday present. {Actually the seller prompt me to buy it, I said "not now" and before I leave I came back and said "OK you win, this is an excellent smell"}

Almost nothing like I've smelled before.
Bitter orange is surprisingly good! (I don't smell neroli here, as others say) All composition is so good, elegant and aristocratic and charisma booster that I'm seriously thinking of making this my signature fragrance (only time will tell). Neither me nor my wife get any "feminine vibe" here. Pure masculine elegance!

Projection and longevity I thing are very good but I'm still on test mode (1 small spray) so I will come back with an update on this.

Update: Very good (bitter) fragrance, very special smell, BUT, there is something I don't know-but I don't like in the dry down... Projection is Normal after 4 heavy sprays, But Longevity is Very Strong 24h+ (only close to skin or if someone kiss you, of course)

My (new) Total Score: 7.8/10 (because of the dry down downfall)

PS: This one has nothing to do with L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme or Vetiver Guerlain for men (I also tested same day)

yacoco
yacoco

lovely secnt i agree with candy
its have kinde of l'Instant de Guerlain with vanille and powdery and its kind of femenin
dry down is amazing
i think i well fall in love with is i need to try more
in winter

candy-datura
candy-datura

Not bad, and not a plain scent as well. For me it's something between l'Instant de Guerlain and Cacharel pour Homme.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Habit Rouge L`Eau fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Guerlain Habit Rouge L`Eau, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Habit Rouge L`Eau by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Habit Rouge L`Eau by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.