Designers » F-H » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Habit Rouge Sport Guerlain for men

Habit Rouge Sport Guerlain for men
dislike

Habit Rouge Sport Guerlain for men Pictures Habit Rouge Sport Guerlain for men Pictures

Habit Rouge Sport will appear in spring 2009 with the winning composition of its antecedent. Lime, bitter orange and patchouli on aromas of leather and vanilla are now refreshed with notes of bamboo, jasmine and rose, which make the composition bolder and more dynamic.

The result of this edition is a powerful, elegant and attractive composition. Habit Rouge Sport will be available from March 2009 as EDT.

Lime Bitter Orange Pink Pepper

Bamboo Rose Jasmine Patchouli

Vanilla Leather Woody Notes Musk

Habit Rouge Sport Fragrance Reviews

sarabx5
sarabx5

It is a light version of the original Habit Rouge.
IMO, "sport" is not applied here, vanilla and baby talc smell are dominating. Nothing special.
I've got it as a gift, otherwise, I will not buy it.
Too sweet, it's not my kind of perfumes..

MetalMan
MetalMan

Today is the birthday of my lady - we're planning to have an impromptu French day! That means a rustic country breakfast followed by shopping at local markets for fresh produce, fish, and meats! It was an absolutely wonderful day and the food was absolutely incredible! I may have to pinch pennies to survive, but my new town does provide some amazing luxuries...even to the poor! I decided to fragrant myself with the refreshing beauty of Guerlain Habit Rouge Sport!

The sun breaks the horizon to greet your sweetly slumbering head - the wind rolls in from the lime and bergamot groves surrounding your house to caress your waking senses. You open your eyes to look around your immaculate room - everything is crisp and clean and orderly. You catch whiffs of your absent lover....a deep patchouli and cedar cut with an immensely delicate and alluring vanilla. Intrigued, you go in search of her. You dress and slowly make your way through the halls, passing indoor gardens that liven the air with tender shoots of crisp bamboo and dewy wild roses and tender jasmine...you hear the purr of an engine outside. You open the door to see your lover ready for a coastal drive along Cote d'Azur in her new convertible Jaguar F-type...your heart skips a beat at this unspoken proposal. You grab your things and join your companion. The cool air wisps around and between the two lovers creating an impeccable fragrant union - the silky leather adds its essence to the dense patchouli, crisp greens, and the soft, musky vanilla of the duo. You look out over the azure waters and think - if only today could last forever...

Day 63 - Drive
Listening to: College & Electric Youth - A Real Hero

Notes: I was surprised when I first smelled this gem - I thought it was a tad too feminine and a bit retro for being a recent release. I am sure glad that I don't give up on things - this is definitely one of my more beautiful summer colognes that effortlessly borders between masculine and feminine...I love it! It opens with a very juicy bergamot and lime with a touch of mandarin before meeting the lush heart of bamboo and tender jasmine and rose (the rose is very hard to pick out - most likely just part of the floral accord). From the start, the airy vanilla mixed with soft woods is quite apparent but fades to let the florals and greens shine for a bit. After about two hours or so, the vanilla picks up with a dense, yet soft, patchouli and woods. This is what is considered 'Guerlinade' and it shines just as beautifully in this as all the others, just a little quieter. The fume is soft enough to seemingly disappear, but it does last around 8 hours or so....it surprises you with its presence now and again. Consequently, if you love this possibly discontinued fume, Eau de Shalimar offers a similar experience!

joenick68
joenick68

I see that my boyfriend "Kentington" (I'd wished) has recently reviewed it, so I have not more to say but that, only that it great scent at the gay bar in a Monday holiday eve.
I wore it with the regular Habit Rouge aftershave and deodorant, it gives an uplift to the fragrance overall.

Kentington
Kentington

Love love love the fragrance, hate the name. Perhaps it's because Habit Rouge is my favorite fragrance, and this has very little to do with it. Habit Rouge Sport seems more like a Penhaligon's fragrance than a Guerlain - it's hesperidic, herbal and a little musky...the classic HR accord comes in toward the drydown, but it's very light. The composition makes an extremely elegant gentleman's summer cologne, miles away from your typical blue aquatic gym juice - but not so mature that a younger guy wouldn't be attracted to it.

orestes
orestes

Maybe the best sport scent i have in my collection! I suggest it in all habit rouge fans for the spring nights,very similar also with habit rouge l eau,another one light scent.

kane.salanoa
kane.salanoa

Whilst all the scent notes are there, it would take a real perfume afficionado to tell that this is in fact a flanker perfume. Its smells far different from the original, I think I would of loved it more had it been called something completley different. The original is much more luxurious and almost ostentatious. This scent is truly a sport varietal of the origninal. fresh and zingy and slight in comparions when talking about projection and sillage. 6/10 (original is a 9/10 for me)

nero77
nero77

A "Sport" fragrance like no other...

This is a wonderfully fresh, alternate take on the original Habit Rouge. I certainly like it! Whereas the original had a lot of leather and quite a lot of vanilla, this still keeps the rose and vanilla, but adds jasmine, bitter orange and bamboo. All of which give it a fresh and altogether different take on the original.

The other one could sometimes come across as ostentatious and a little "dusty". There is none of that here. It's like a fresh citrus and green backbone that centres the fragrance and around which the other notes revolve. There are all the key ingredients of the previous fragrance, but toned down in places, and with a couple of extra touches to give it a different edge.

I would recommend this one to fans of the original, but I think the floral nature on display here means that if you can stand this, then in time, you could probably take on the original. I don't think the two are mutually exclusive of each other. This may be a toned down version of Habit Rouge, but it keeps it's character enough to see the resemblance. Really nice stuff from Thierry Wasser.

Adam300691
Adam300691

Had this little gem recommended to me by someone who replied to a question i asked in the blog section.

Love this smell! It was a blind buy, i needed to own this after i read the notes this scent had, and im actually not too bad when it comes to blind buying, i do it alot, as here in Australia we hardly get a 1/4 of what other countries have in perfume selections.

Initially i didnt like the opening of this scent, i rolled my eyes and thought, damn it! ive got my first wrong blind buy!

But it changed right before my nose, and i love the dry down of this. Very powdery to me, but by no means musky. I can still smell hints of lime and patchouli, and along with the vanilla i can smell = amazing! I do get the floral note, and to me its definitely the jasmine, cant really smell the rose.

Projection isnt amazing from me, and the longevity isnt too bad actually. To me, its more of an upclose scent, not a I've-just-left-the-room-but-im-still-there scent.

And i really love the bottle design. I have to admit, i love great bottle designs, it 100% makes the perfume what is as well :)

Scent = 7.5/10
Projection = 5/10
Longevity = 6/10
Bottle design = 7/10

ILikePeeps
ILikePeeps

Habit Rouge Sport may have been discontinued (Google about it). If you like/love the frag and/or if you've been curious about it (to try, on a buy list, or something)... then, maybe go ahead and pick up a bottle (or more!). :)

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

This is a very easy to wear scent. I suppose its wearability might be the reason why there is 'sport' attached to its name. Other than that, I can't really see why it is called a sport scent.

The citrus opening paves the way for the floral heart. The two are harmoniously blended before the signature Guerlain vanilla base emerges. Moderate longevity and pretty decent projection.

flafo
flafo

Difficult to identify a real parenting with Habit Rouge.
But this perfume is still interesting.
Beautifull rose and juicy green citrus (the same than in Guerlain Homme I think). High quality ingredients.
The perfume is, however, a bit feminine but this is not a big issue for a self confident men.
In conclusion, nice perfume (with some common points with YR Comme Une Evidence Homme) but I don't feel like with Habit Rouge or Habit Rouge l'Eau.

Il me parait bien difficile d'identifier un véritable lien de parenté avec Habit Rouge. Pour autant, ce parfum ne laisse pas indifférent.
Une rose délicate et profonde et un citron vert fusant sont à noter (proche de celui de Guerlain Homme du même parfumeur, T. Wasser). Les ingrédients sont digne de Guerlain: une qualité irréprochable.
Je trouve, mais c'est subjectif, ce parfum un peu féminin, mais pourquoi pas. Rien à voir cependant avec les innombrables versions sport de parfum (du style Calone et citron Paic Vaisselle).
En conclusion, même si une parenté relative existe avec l'eau de toilette Comme Une Evidence Homme d'Yves Rocher (eh oui), je n'éprouve pas la même sensation grisante qu'avec Habit Rouge ou avec Habit Rouge l'Eau tout en reconnaissant l'immense talent de T. Wasser.

Jerry Can
Jerry Can

Another big floral from Guerlain. Until, that is, it turns fruity. To start with, the big rose opening firmly places this in Habit Rouge country. All the same, this is quite a departure from the EdP and the EdT that I have also tried.

Curiosity has driven me to have EdP on the back of one hand, and this Sport-EdT on the back of the other; and the similarities are…virtually nil for the first hour, after which there is (by this time) a somewhat unexpected slight convergence.

By this point the "Sport" is distinctly fruity, now a little bit woody, still floral but less rose-dominated. But this isn't a woody dry down. Its a fruity floral dry down. In the EdP the wood notes become really toned down, becoming absent altogether after 2 hours - at least I cant sense them - and you are left with something altogether worse (read my review). Only modest projection and longevity to be expected from this "Sport" EdT I'm afraid to say.

Habit Rouge EdT is better than either of these, and in every department. It begs the question why have Guerlain bothered? The "sport" version sits in the Guerlain pantheon like Ferrari making a stretch limo in theirs. (It doesn't make a lot of sense). I cant see any merit trying to layer them either - why would you ruin the better scent that knocks the other two into a cocked hat?

Sport is very different from the the rest of its family. The real mystery is not so much why this is called Habit Rouge; more a question of where does "sport" come into it? Simply, it is not a sports fragrance - unless perhaps in the context of race-going.

Maybe that's it: the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe. Michel Legrand, Daniel Auteuil, Jacques Chirac, ducs et comptes wondering the concourse at Longchamp.

An appropriate note to finish on: horses and courses.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Sort of a vanilla, citrus, floral kind of thing. I like it, and I'd wear it, but if my olfactory memory is correct, I think I prefer plain old Habit Rouge - which I struggled to understand.

The drydown on this is all Guerlain... Which is to say, elegant and first-class.

Blutengel
Blutengel

The name "sport" is perhaps not the most correct name but I can clearly see why this was chosen. It feels like being dried out after a hot summer run and dehydrating with some refreshing energy drink (think Aquarius etc.). It made my mouth water like a drooling kid first time I sprayed it on. It has the Habit Rouge DNA in it upon first spray, it drifts away a bit after that but still reminding of his father, and the drydown has that DNA again. It's fresh, it's véry nice and the name "sport" is well chosen, but this is not an aqquatic gym spray like most sport colognes.

ilovedior
ilovedior

Reading reviews made me blind buy this perfume. I had Guerlain pour homme, and the scent was incredible but with poor longevity, I feel the same with habit rouge sport " a real disappointment".

DC-8
DC-8

Got this kid in "Gentleman Driver" version, today! Well, now, it is among my tops on the list, fortunately! It's one of those very well-balanced frags.

If you are a fan of Dior Aqua Fahrenheit, this too would satisfy you as well. They both share identical spicy drydown phases, which Dior appears more sweet with tons of vetiver, while Guerlain is more woody with lots of bitter orange hints.

The start up is a bitter fresh platform with a very cute smell. Nothing is intense in this frag, at all. But you definitely feel '65 is around! It's an amazing journey to the mid 60s!! :-) I was aboard a Gemini spacecraft, while Frank Sinatra singing "My Way"!!! ;-)

Very soon within 10 mins, it fades away into heart notes, including notes of bamboo and specially patchouli in an intense manner. Bitter orange and patchouli are a bit overdone, here.

Drydown notes are still bitter spicy and dry. Vanilla appears on the scene in disguise of the bitter masquerade.

I'd rather calling it a citrus woody spicy frag, not a citrus aromatic, at all.

The red flacon is very beautiful and well-made; The Gentleman driver plate mounted on it is attractive. All in all, it is a very perfect thing, as good as Chanel and Dior feats.

Regretfully, the longevity is the failure point; It becomes so close to the skin within a short period, but yet you can feel a hint of vanilla. Yet such a nice smell would compensate this lack. In this aspect, it reminds me of Dior Eau Sauvage.

It's not that much sport, but sensual. Could be worn both in formal and casual occasions, night and day. I think it's not intended for the winter time, but nice for warm season, specially in the spring.

I'm happy that my very first experience with Guerlain was successful. "First impression is the last impression!"

Givenchy Gentleman is also a match to this cologne. If you like GG, you gonna like GHRS too. Amazingly, both share the "Gentleman" part! ;-)

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

very funny this one...let me draw an analogy here.You're used to the smell of Dior's Fahrenheit .You see Fahrenheit 32 and you think you going to get a smell similar to the good old smell of fahrenheit and then,boom!You get hit with florals which appeal a lot to some women.
You get the same scenario here.Habit rouge sport is nothing really like the original.This too is akin to fahrenheit 32-floral,and will appeal very much to women.It does however share a very minimal similarity with the original in the opening and that's it.from there it takes it's own journey without much fuss.It's not to be confused with other sport colognes as there's nothing sporty about this.in fact,it's very misleading and dont know why the House of Guerlain got trapped in this craze by other houses to come out with sport flankers of long established brands.If this was the idea then,it's unfortunate.

I do find this enjoyable to wear in spite of the fact that like fahrenheit 32 it stays linear throughout.it projects well and lasts all day.Will again suit an older man and pretty much can be worn all day although I believe it will deliver better in the evenings,cold days or nights,even on dates it will rock!Just makes me wonder how "sporty"this is.

Anyway,I just got 2 bottles of this just in case...Does that tell you something?

junior halston
junior halston

This one is very different from its older brother. Though a very small hit of Habit Rouge lies in the middle notes this scent is all about Jasmine and citrus. I am very amazed at how floral this fragrance is for a man.

Don't let the "Sport" fool you though this lacks the leather and vanilla amber of it brother it still has longevity and sillage.

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

Why do these not surface anywhere in Germany, all I see and have tried is the original, the other flankers are a no show either... guys out there who know where someone can get this around good ól Germany please let me know...dont wanna leave out any Guerlain out there lmao.
They have this NASTY habit of bein GOOOOOD.

BIG
BIG

Upon application, it reminds me a bit of the original Habit Rouge, but subsequently it transforms into a scent with a life of its own. Rose-vanilla accord is what i can pick up the most. ladies can totally rock this!

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

This, like almost sport or other versions are LIMITED Editions. Only EDT and EDP are normal (permanent) versions.

Information taken from OFFICIAL Guerlain Institute in Montréal.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

Habit Rouge Sport by Guerlain is amazing! Guerlain still keeps the orginal bottle, then gives it a new outfit, red bottle , which makes the outside still classic yet so modern and cute. When I first tried it in Changi Airport ( Singapore ), I recieved serverer good compliments from both girls and guys. HBS first notes are so fresh and pure with the combination of citrus and vanilla. After about 20 minutes, citrus notes become lighter, the base notes appear sweeter, more powder, yet pure and dry because of a little hint of leather note and floral notes. All the ingredients combine together so well and work wonderfully: modern, elegant, style and attractive. Besides, this Habit Rouge version is quite diffirent from the classic Habit Rouge. This is the scent which I love at the first sniff. I think this Sport can be unisex. The longervity is about 5hours. Fall or spring maybe the most suitable time to wear HRS. Finally, "Sport" seems not to be a right name for the new version of Habit Rouge.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Habit Rouge Sport fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Guerlain Habit Rouge Sport, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Habit Rouge Sport by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Habit Rouge Sport by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.