Designers » F-H » Woody Spicy « Groups

Heritage Eau de Toilette Guerlain for men

Heritage Eau de Toilette Guerlain for men
dislike

I have it: 529 I had it: 129 I want it: 399 My signature: 17

Heritage Eau de Toilette Guerlain for men Pictures Heritage Eau de Toilette Guerlain for men Pictures

This masculine perfume bears the heritage of old values in revelation of the new age. It is addressed on man with a sense of style, elegant as well as traditional, presented as sharp woody and spicy fragrance. Designed by Jean-Paul Guerlain in 1992, it greets you with fresh notes of bergamot, orange, aldehydes, green accords, lavender, lemon, petit grain, violet, clary sage and the gentle touch of nutmeg. The middle notes of the perfume bring the explosion and richness of spices which interact with floral scents (pepper, coriander, orris root, along with rose, jasmine, carnation, honeysuckle, geranium and lily-of-the-valley). The warmth of the woody notes is emphasized at the base by cedar, vetiver, patchouli, amber, tonka bean, oakmoss, sandalwood and powdery vanilla. The elegant bottle, traditional and sheen, was created by Robert Granai, and can be bought as 50 and 100 ml edt, as well as the aftershave and shower collection.

Aldehydes Juniper Berries Lavender Green Notes Violet Clary Sage Petitgrain Bergamot Lemon

Cyclamen Coriander Carnation Patchouli Pepper Balsam Fir Orris Root Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Geranium Pink Pepper

Sandalwood Amber Musk Oakmoss Cedar

Heritage Eau de Parfum
Danger Pour Homme
Bois du Portugal

Heritage Eau de Toilette Fragrance Reviews

trippy
trippy

i get patchouly and cocoa, low sillage and duration, make it disappointing, consumed one flacon and another is now finishin..but this is something for private use, not really enjoyable!

roll4fun
roll4fun

Wow, this is what a mans fragrance ought to smell like! This will be a "must buy" if this scent lasts.
That was my immediate impression on the initial spritz at a fine department store.
"Heritage" EDT version was strong, yet not overpowering, woody earthy vibe toned down with a hint of pleasantly sweet florals, has a punch that grabs you yet not too harsh.

I gladly took along a small decant to try in actual wearings, which only reinforced my must buy initial impression. I could smell it on myself for 3 hours, lasted 8 hours on my skin. I really couldn't pick out the individual notes. Far from being a chaotic mess, the notes seem so wonderfully blended. The initial sweet woody notes evolve into a more woody/earthy (but never pungent) lean.

Although "Heritage" evokes a dress up affair aura, I like the scent so much that I'd gladly wear it anytime. I hope that the supplies don't run out in the next 2 years.

Citrus2014
Citrus2014

Searching unsuccessfully for a long time an elegant and rich amber among niche perfumes I found this (EDT) opulent fragrance, radiant, graceful, effortlessly sophisticated, that is available at an affordable price.
This beauty, that has managed to settle in my heart, are superior to many perfume several times more expensive.
From everything I have tried in Guerlain male range by far is the best.
Be included among in the masterpieces of French perfumery.

Fragrance 10/10
Projection Medium
Longevity 12 h
Repurchase Yes

MonsieurK
MonsieurK

Pure refinement from head to base. Classic Guerlain feel, unmistakable Guerlain quality.

Heritage gently hovers on the skin emitting soft and slightly sweet floral wafts of delight that is faintly reminiscent of (and without bumping into) Caron Third Man.

Cuts right through a crowded and noisy environment with an air of grace and understated power. Would love to try the EDP.

eliweisz
eliweisz

First I tried it on a cold rainy day in Paris. The test, very much enjoyable, left me undecided. Probably I was in the mood for a bolder, sharper scent, don't know. But the memory remained, and finally I understood that I need this Guerlain treasure. Need it badly.
Now, when I've got a bottle of Heritage (current formulation) and enough occasions to give it a proper run, I can join those who exclaim "Amazing!' and 'Masterpice!'. Really amazing - one of the most complex scents I ever met. Sweet and floral without being feminine. Gentle without being soft. Woody but not harsh. Nearly all classic notes are here, blended into a magnificent, ever-changing aroma.
My recent tests were run on a hot and humid August day. What's interesting, Heritage gradually faded in 3 hours, becoming very close to the skin - but I still could feel it all day long. What's more important, people around me could feel it too - and they did, and gave me compliments.
Can't wait for a cold weather to wear it.
And you know what? It surrounds you, creating a fragrant screen for a small magic garden where things like 'dated' or 'modern' simply don't exist. Heritage is timeless.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

As a vintage lover, especially of the almighty house of Guerlain, I had quite high expectations on Héritage (1994 bottle, for the record), but... I really could not come to like it. First, the resemblance to Zino Davidoff (which I love); it is a bit similar, sure, but to me (call me heretic), Zino is way better to almost any extent. It's classier, more cozy, more versatile, more compelling, basically more "everything". Comparisons aside, I find Héritage a surprisingly "odd" scent which apparently I am unable to approach in the right way – right to appreciate it, I mean. It does not smell elegant or understated to me, but rather on the opposite side: slightly confused, almost clumsy, and for some time, even a bit cloying. There's a lot of contrasting notes creating "something" I just don't enjoy: spices, creamy woods, dense floral notes, patchouli, green notes... the result is a "full" and demanding scent, which to be honest, for at least the first hour smells too bold and not completely pleasant. After a couple of hours it finally becomes softer, more bright, more light and also more pleasant, finally refined in a bright, exotic and gentlemanly way, as some contrasts tone down and some of the notes I find a bit unpleasant vanish away – but obviously I would not really wear something I'd have to wait such long to enjoy. The good part is that it is surely modern, unpredictable and peculiar, so it may still be worth a try – I guess it's one of those scents which may either work like a charm and make the right persons smell heavenly, and become an instant complete disaster on the wrong ones (and apparently I'm one of those).

5,5-6/10

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

I'm going to have to be one of the naysayers. I've owned a bottle since 2006 and whereas I enjoy it technically, it is a beautiful scent in an of itself, it really reminds me of something my grandpa or grandma would wear. So, the mature label is correct, as is the classy one, but I find it really boring: think of a robe, ascot, slippers, pipe, and some hot cocoa. If cozy is what you are going for, this is it.

On the other hand, I find Zino similar, superior, and much more interesting. Like the much cooler, younger brother: of the same heritage, but with a lot more going for him.

Monsieur Aramis
Monsieur Aramis

World's most elegant amber! When I tasted Héritage first time in 1992, it was a bad sample, seemingly previously overheated, and I did not follow-up. Years later and with a lot of good Héritage experience, I up-graded it even to EXCELLENT. - Its top notes may mislead; there is somewhere unclean with aldehydes, but this disappears fast. The important is the heart note: such a light and elegant amber, with musk, sandal and - this is the top of the cream - some fluffy vanilla. Airy, easy going, graceful. Versatile for all day.
The heartnote recalls Giorgio for Men and Zino Davidoff, and indeed Héritage is a ennoblement of Zino Davidoff which can be worn also at rainy days, Zino was direct, Héritage is distinguished.
In other words: When Héritage was introduced in 1992, it was a fragrance for drivers of Mercedes 190 E 2.6, whereas Zino wearers rather drove Opel GSI or Golf GTI.
4 from 5 - 94P from 100 - airy amber

veies.rr
veies.rr

Héritage EDT is for many years one of my favourite fragrances. Although it was designed in 1992 it remains timeless. Very sophisticated manly fragrance in my view for guys over 45 for day and night and for all seasons. The perfume is long lasting (whole day) and it has a moderate sillage. For me it is a Guerlain masterpiece.

e.j_24-36
e.j_24-36

Luxury, opulence, refinement, and class. What more can be said about this vintage classic. The reformulation still smells nice but do yourself a favor and try to sample the original formulation. You are hit with the most luscious herbs and woods. Shame on the perfume industry for watering down its formulations in order to comply with the IFRA regulations. Every refined gentleman needs to own this one in their dresser. Call it formal or boring, but I call it elegant and timeless.

rlozano
rlozano

Its very nice and reined, very masculine. It also seems to be very close to the skin. Cant nobody tell me nothin!

orestes
orestes

I prefer edt version than edp.Two hours after spraying the scent are better,magical,very masculine! I suggest this fragrance!

raef sherif
raef sherif

The Eau de parfum is a masterpiece,and one of its advantages is that only few know about it:)

It's taken me a long time to finally revisit Guerlain Heritage So much so that I'd completely forgotten what it smelled like.
Good is what!
Very distinctive and complex yet effortless in it's composition, just a Guerlain throughout really.
Floral and fruity notes in the top are fresh and the calming vibe or lavender gives way to a warmer heart of sandalwood with a kind of musky, oakmossy, woody drydown. A blend of classic 'male' type florals too such as carnation which I'm not overly fond of but are well handled in this scent.
A great fragrance then... and something which I think everyman should aspire to wear at some point.
A must for my collection a little sweet, powdery, creamy, floral and woody.

TENDER777
TENDER777

EDT amazing , Nicer because it has few Lavender either, but EDP it's heavy and unacceptable because it contains chocolate the lost beuty

ed

My sample vial was surely a fake or a terrible reformulation. It is so weak and watery I can barely smell it even immediately after application. What is going on? Has anyone tried the most recent formulation for comparison? I have read that this fragrance is radiant, but my sample only radiates about 2mm, for about 10 minutes. Confused...

?

Weihan
Weihan

Lovely fragrance; instant headache. I had to donate this one because of allergies.

RIVI1969
RIVI1969

Intoxicating. Classic. Finally a Guerlain that I must have. Out of the mainstream to be on its own class. I just had the chance to smell it for the first time and definitely it has become one of my favorite perfumes.

Svezzy
Svezzy

Amazing scent, very different from nowadays rubbish and clones.
The only problem is that is not lasting a lot on me, it lasted a couple of hours and then vanish.
Apart that, it is simply superb.

Jimmy Carter
Jimmy Carter

My, my, my. What a fantastic, absolutely, positively, absotively amazing fragrance. Upon first smell of this fragrance, in Brussels National Airport, I knew that this was the fragrance that I was going to spend the rest of my life obsessed with.

Just so you know, this is the first fragrance that I didn't even bother looking at the ratings before I bought it (or considered buying it). This fragrance is everything that I've ever wanted. It has that old school scent that is still relevant in the modern era--given that it was constructed in the early 90s, I would say that that suggests some degree of universality.

If you are looking for something sophisticated with an affordable price tag, I would say save your money for this masterpiece of perfumery. My, my, my. What a beaut, this one is. The opening note might smell disturbingly "bubble gummish", but that is no more than a passing phase. The rest of this scent is... refined and beyond compare.

@hgonzales.

Thanks! Would be interested to know how much other people smell it on you even when you don't.

hgonzalez
hgonzalez

@ed Yes, When i test this and spray in my arm i feel like fades away too quickly. Maybe it's just me. I will test more and write a real review about this gem.

ed

For some reason, this fragrance seems to vanish very quickly on my skin, at least to me... but perhaps others can still smell it? I have had a cold recently so perhaps my nose is insensitive. I can smell it for much longer when sprayed onto a tissue. Not sure what my skin is doing to it....

Would be interested to hear if anyone else has had the same experience.

pronose

nothing to do with the original formula!!!!! guerlain has reformulated this and others scents and it's a shame!!!!! we buy fake scents by guerlain!

Blutengel
Blutengel

Unbelievable that with the same ingedients a smell can differ so much from each other. Comparing the EDT vs the EDP it's is two different perfumes. The EDP warmer, bows to the perfume of all perfumes (Shalimar) and dominated by vanilla and amber. The EDT is lighter, better suitable for warmer weather and also more masculine. The lavender and oakmoss are better detectable in this one and comes in the same range of masculinity as Habit Rouge, but less citrussy. Typical Guerlain masterpiece, both of them.
To Fragrantica: I think a seperate page for the EDT & EDP would be nice, because the perfumes are too different from each other.

Redbeard
Redbeard

Preface: The mini that I bought at a mall shop differs from the decant that I got from the Perfumed Court, and I know some people had mentioned a reformulation. The mini is more woody and very heady right out of the bottle, and it gets a thumbs up; the decant is more sharply candy-sweet and gets a neutral.

At first, I figured this would remain too sweet for me to use in earnest, but during several trials of my mini I kept re-sniffing it because it had gotten really nice by the end of the day. This version in particular smells much older than it actually is...not even 20 years! At first spray, I find my decant a bit too sweet and "perfumey"...there are so many things hiding in there: sweet spices and honeyed vanilla, with a little green bite, though greener in the mini. Soon the honey starts to break and I get some cedar, which cuts the sweetness further. I find a slight smoky sharpness after the sweetness, which honestly smells like rubber bands, though there isn't much of it. In the end, just the right blend of spices and smoke keeps it from teetering over the edge of too sweet in the mini, but fails to do so in the decant. It's still heavier than it needs to be by comparison to similar scents. It's probably a good super-formal scent, but I'd have to think more about what it says when paired with my usual casual clothes; the version in my decant just feels like it's trying too hard, but the mini would probably work OK.

jht4060
jht4060

Guerlain Heritage is a masterpiece of perfumery. The French name Heritage, meaning both inheritance and heritage in English, is well chosen, reflecting its traditional masculine cologne structure. Heritage contains no real surprises but it is distinguished by quality, elegance, and consummate blending. Don't be trapped into thinking this "old fashioned" (which strictly speaking it is), think of it as timeless, classic, enduring.

The top of Heritage has a beautiful lavender with a touch of bergamot, blended perfectly with stemmy petitgrain and clary sage. These are all classic cologne top notes, but they are brought to perfect pitch in Heritage and joined by a waxy aldehydic note that blends nicely. The middle is complex, lightly spicy and herbal, with pepper, carnation, wood, and many other notes that form an elegantly coherent and distinctive blend. The middle lasts many hours and gives way slowly to a beautiful rich woody base with hints of dark amber and patchouli that lasts and lasts.

This notes description might make Heritage sound routine and undistinctive, but it is not at all - it is beautiful and richly classy. There are many threads and they are woven into a luxurious tapestry. This is one of my go-to perfumes when I just want to smell great, anytime anywhere.

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

This is gorgeous. Like L'Instant I think I'd prefer smelling it on others, or sprayed on a kleenex. There is something about the fragrance that makes me think it might be cloying, but I am not sure since I haven't worn it yet. The heady bouquet definitely gives the impression of sophistication - something to wear to a formal event. Héritage is an appropriate name for such a rich and elegant scent. Bel Ami by Hermes comes to mind when I smell this.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

I'm finally experiencing the lavender bliss that is Heritage. I had never smelled that scent until today and I sure was missing out.

I can see why so many ladies here would want to wear/own this scent although it is marketed to men. It is calming and smells more like an expensive aromatherapy oil than a typical cologne to me, thanks to the very strong lavender note and aromatic herbs. I did use to have an oil from the health food store that reminds me a bit of Heritage. There is sweet amber and woods and a nice touch of citrus as well.

It's light, sharp and intelligent, but also ambery and sensual.... natural. I can see an outdoor type of guy pulling this off as well as a professor or an intellectual. Very complex and well blended, it does not smell as "dated" as some could think. I'm quite surprised myself. I never thought I would enjoy it on me. It settles into such a nice patchouli/lavender/geranium softness, with a touch of, dare I say, hippie vibe? Yes, the patchouli is slightly dirty, the lavender is "aromatherapic" and the flowers, very chic. A masterpiece again from Guerlain.

I thought it would be much heavier, but it is a delight for the senses after a very stressful day at work. If any ladies out here are looking for a nice lavender cologne that is not the typical Vanilla-Lavender, you might want to give this a try.

And if you are looking for a scent of forest (I know many of us are), but not the damp and dark and lush kind, but more the dry and naked forests of the Canadian prairies for example, this very well fit the bill. A dry Chinook wind on a sexy man (woman?).

EDIT! ohhh, and I forgot to mention the delicious ambery lemons that I get in the dry down. It reminds me of a masculine version of Fifi Chachnil towards the end. Anybody else gets that?

Ariesboy
Ariesboy

If a PhD had a scent this would be it.

To me it evokes library books combined with hours of hard work, prestige and pride :) It is warm, sophisticated and inviting.

CHANEL Egoiste is his brother who attended the same ivy league.

stayclose
stayclose

Very nice it starts of strong and settles into a sweet fragrance. Very sexy almost animalic scent but not in a bo way more like in a teasing with a feather way. If you like l'instant you will like this one.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Heritage is wonderful stuff!

It starts out with an olfactory trick or a misapprehsion on my part: I think I smell cacao bean (a vaguely chocolate smell), but it can't be. It's mildy gourmand, like Guerlain L'Instant. Then it softly becomes what I detect as floral - lavender. And then, at the end, it makes an undetectable transition to the same soft white musk that forms the basenote for Mugler Cologne. Or is it sandalwood and powder? I'm not sure! This scent is a trickster... note all the reviews below mentioning a vanilla note. And yet there's no vanilla or even tonka bean listed on the pyramid (but they are mentioned in the text).

I'm new to fragrances; understanding what this scent is all about is a really good test for me.

As other reviewers note, Heritage is symphonic. It's richly textured and subtle. It reminds me of Yatagan in that respect (understanding that Yatagan is an entirely different genre)... I'm pretty sure I'm not getting all that it contains. It needs repeated "playings."

The sillage isn't extreme on me; it seems to sit close to my skin, as just about all scents do. I did four sprays on skin and two on a cotton tee shirt.

MASTERPIECE.

new friend
new friend

أن تجتمع هذه المكونات في عطر، فهو حتما شيء رائع
ايريتاج من جيرلان، هو بحق ابداع عطري متميز للرجال الذين يبحثون عن عطور رجالية دافئة وزهرية في نفس الوقت
الافتتاحية ليست حمضية خالصة ولكنها تشعرك بالانتباه لما سيأتي بعدها من جمال عطري.
وانتبه جيدا لرائحة البنفسج في الافتتاحية فهي نادرة الوجود في هذه المنطقة في العطور الرجالية
أعتقد أن الياسمسن والفلفل الأحمر والبتشولي في الوسط لهما الدور الأساسي
ثم يأتي المسك الناعم والعنبر وخشب الصندل في قاعدة العطر ليتحول إلى عطر روحاني
يمكنك أن تجلس معه للإسترخاء، وربما لاسترجاع الذكريات
ثبات العطر وانتشاره رائعين
والعطر بشكل عام إذا لم تفتتن به أنت ومن حولك فحتما سيكون مقبولا لدى كل من يجربه أو يستنشق عبيره

Na0
Na0

What... What is that thing ?... A lot of notes, but not too many ! It could sound messy, but it's clearly not ! I can't even describe it, that's a pure marvel well-blended and built. A wonderful pyramid !

If you want to train your nose, that's the perfect one, cause all the notes are here, beautiful, like dancing all around you.

Well, you can smell a wonderful mix, but if you smell closely, you can recognize each note, rubbing its neighbor with harmony !

This perfume is... EVERYTHING !
You love floral ? Go for it !
You love woody ? Go for it !
You love citrus ? Go for it !
You love chypre ? Go for it !
You love spices ? Go for it !
You love frui... Ah, that's the only thing, with leather, that doesn't exist on this masterpiece. But I bet that if Guerlain dares to add a fruit and leather, it won't sack it.

You want a spring perfume ? Go for it !
You want a summer perfume ? Go for it !
You want a fall perfume ? Go for it !
You want a winter perfume ? Go for it !
You want a day perfume ? Go for it !
You want a night perfume ? Go for it !

Versatily at its paroxysm.

In conclusion. This perfume is... Indeed... The ... HERITAGE of perfumes history. Neither more nor less.

You want to rename it ? Call it BEST-OF.

You want another argument for this one ?
This is the one I have most compliments... BY FAR !

Smell : 5 / 5
Versatility : 5 / 5
Longevity : 3 / 5
Projection : 5 / 5

Overall : 18 / 20

joepa150
joepa150

Heritage always starts off a bit harsh with citrus and heavy patchouli. I always think to myself why am I wearing this? Then after sometime, the patchouli and harshness leaves. I then remember why this is so great. I get a Sandalwood amber, geranium dry down that could be pulled off anytime of year except maybe a very hot day.

Stavro Blofeld
Stavro Blofeld

The EDT opens with an almost overwhelming explosion of citrus, lavender and clary sage. The opening briefly borders on harsh but then quickly morphs into a rich spiced vanilla golden radiance. Pepper is a prominent spice note that lasts throughout the duration of the fragrance. The scent smoothly transitions into the rich odour of the inside of a wooden cigar box. On my skin, the drydown is a smooth sandalwood similar to the later Guerlain L'Instant for men. My signature scent. 10 out of 10.

snails
snails

self-sufficient, egocentric, narcissistic heir of patchouli, vanilla and sandalwood...as we step into different stages of our lives we tend to make various olfactory choices. growing up we chose grown-ups fragrances. far away from being a teenage scent, this masterpiece evokes class and respect. received as a birthday present, Heritage embodies all the anima/ animus characteristics of a person. it is a strong, manly, well-mannered, dominant, vibrant, embodying all Guerlain's echoes into a wonderful and sophisticated fragrance. "love it" is too weak to describe such an amazing masterpiece.

GMK
GMK

Love the way it smells (edp) , pleasure folded in sandalwood , absolutely mesmerizing a scent for very special occasions only , i also find some similarities with L'Instant Guerlain which is favorite... a must have for every perfume lover. Its a Gentleman's fragrance.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

My son likes to test the odd scent out for me and I sprayed this on him the other day. This is a simply gorgeous scent which, considering most fairly dire female offerings could actually be worn by both genders. I would say that 'Le Male' is a little homage to sweet male scents like this one which contains the traditional Guerlain base that makes it so alluring. I had to sniff him all the way home!

pronose

a true gem by guerlain! i hope they will not change the original formula! classy and unique as it should be!

SHERIF SAYED
SHERIF SAYED

Io amo questo profumo

hadrian
hadrian

Sandalwood, patchouli, vanilled-ambered carnations and a hint of pepper… in one of the most aristocratic perfumes available. Guerlain’s Héritage remains one of the best fragrances a man can get. I love it! I have the current formulation… and I have no regrets.
Deep, calm, warm and tender – for that kind of day in which you want to feel good… and want to be noticed.
All of you, who say it's "dated" etc., stay out of this! It’s not for you – or maybe you are not for G’s H!
It takes passion and some knowledge to appreciate that kind of miracle-scent… and it takes a chilly day, from October to April.
The rest is history.
Overall, 9+/10

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

It opens with lavender, patchouli and good dose of soft vanille. Part of the fragrance smells austere and conservative but this is softened with a lovely vanilla scent. Which makes this scent good for both formal and casual use.

As time moves forward it becomes a bit spicy with some added woods and the vanilla is always there to soften the rough edges of the scent.

This fragrance has a touch of class about it and would be perfect for the office especially if you are a boss or in management.

voodoodanny
voodoodanny

I think this might possibly be the greatest men's fragrance in the world...

(Vintage EDT)

This is really an autobiographical retrospective of Guerlain's fragrances in one scent. It unfolds like the pages of a dusty old book. The first chapter is, of course, Jicky. Guerlain's signature Bergamot, Lavender, and kitchen herbs opens the fragrance with just a touch of Mouchoir de Monsieur's delicate patchouli powder. As it unfurls, glimpses of L'Heure Bleue's spicy violet melancholy meets Vol de Nuit's stealthy greenness. Shalimar's smokey amber, patchouli, and castoreum makes a high-profile entrance right in the middle, flanked by Sous le Vent's fizzy and delicious lavender chypre characteristics. There are subtle but intelligent impressions of Chamade and Habit Rouge's rosewood and sunny pollen accords - fragrances I have always considered a pair. As it dries down, it moves distinctly forward in time. Samsara's big sandalwood is present, mingling with a very modern juniper/sage/fir that will eventually reappear in the later Coriolan (a nod to the future!). Underneath it all is a shockingly modern smokey patchouli-benzoin accord that pulls the whole thing together and apart at the same time. This accord is far too common these days, but only a few fragrances have ever done it perfectly in my opinion: Coco, Angel, Heritage, and Coromandel. And when it has the chance to become the sweetest thing in the universe, an amalgamation of all of Guerlain's vanilla bombs, it is remarkably dry and classy. It is smooth and powerful at the same time. This fragrance has always smelled like the ultimate expression of masculine elegance to me.

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

the edt is more versatile and has that great endearing citrus opening than you would get in the much denser edp.I only wear the edp in winter and cooler days as it has everything umped up-sillage,projection,longevity,you name it.

whatever you want from a perfume you will get here:confidence,compliments and respectful smiles.the only people who will know this are mature perfume aficionados so it makes for uniqueness

Ad nauseam
Ad nauseam

My first Guerlain(not counting a glass bee bottle with glass stopper bottle of Eau de Guerlain I got from my dad half used years ago). A short list of ingredients box of Heritage. Above average projection, scent, and longevity. It reeks with the quality, passion in production, and history of the House of Guerlain. My new go to scent for Fall and Winter formal or special occasions. Not to mention for times when I just want to feel like royalty. What took me SO long???

Wano
Wano

What do you get from Heritage is a wonderful and complex fragrance with alot of florals (which you get the complexity) and support by an incredible mix of sandalwood, amber, cedar and pepper. Overall you get a wonderful experience of a fresh spicy fragrance.

When i smell Heritage i think of Chanel Allure. Im not saying its the same, but the approach is similar, a modern twist of the heavy men fragrances back in the 70's and 80's. Also, like Allure, it's classic, very versatile and i would wear it without having to think if it's appropriate.

Last thing, EDP or EDT. Both are good but the florals in the EDT give freshness and more complexity. If you prefer a deeper scent, than the EDP might be better for you.

Wolfgangswald
Wolfgangswald

Champs Elysee Radio Magazine featured an interview with Jean-Paul Guerlain in 1992. He wanted Heritage to be for today's young man what Vetiver and Habit Rouge had been for men of his (and my) age. I finally added it to my collection, and have been charmed by the symphonic behavior of this magnificent scent. I also want to thank the reviewers who write with such eloquence and clarity about this and other scents. It is a rare treat to find review threads that are informative, entertaining, and evocative.

word-doctor
word-doctor

Very, very amped up about this. So often the notes listed and hyped in the reviews escape me. I'm relatively new to the game and I just don't get more than 3 ingredients at a time (max). For that reason and because of how I wish to represent myself, I rely heavily on powerhouse scents. Those few exceptions are spicy/peppery or very dry.

Once Heritage's initial alcohol wears off (<1 minute), I get a very, very rich mixture of juniper, peppery spices and some florals. These florals recede and the balsam comes out in the middle phase; this is also the first scent I've worn that gets stronger after application. After about an hour it enters a lovely drydown: sandalwood, spice and some balsam/cedar. And patchouli, I have been told (so sillage is better than I'd thought!).

I am so glad to have found something that rings true that is classier than I am.

Sillage: 8/10

groovysilversurfer
groovysilversurfer

I agree with the post below that it is like an orchestra. This is so very complex, indeed with sandalwood as the conductor. Yet at times during the performance single notes pop out briefly, like mini-solo acts played on other instruments. I have the vintage bottle(the older one in the red box with verticle black/white/gold pin striping near the edges) and have not smelled the newer ones. To me this is a masterpiece that like so many classics refuses to be subjected to my opinion of it. Though the following fragrances are quite different, at times I get vibes of Derby, Bois du Portugal, and even Egoiste (with Egoiste being the least formal of the four).

purplesun
purplesun

I am succumbing more and more to the spell of Heritage. And it is my first time wearing it...
Imagine an orchestra, a brilliant orchestra, conducted by a brilliant conductor. He is Karl Richter and he is conducting Mass in B minor by J.S.Bach. Now imagine that the conductor is sandalwood, and all the instruments are played by the myriad of notes. The voices are rose, amber, patchouli and cedar. The orchestra is playing to perfection, and like Mass in B minor, Heritage is saying something very serious and timeless.
A miracle and an homage to the art of perfumery.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

Been wearing this for two weeks non stop.

Beautiful citrus spicy floriental. This is a really nice "BLEND" of all those things rolled up into one. The recipe for this juice needs to be safe guarded for years to come.

This is what a man smells like. This is what a wealthy man with his shit together smells like. So why am I wearing it ? This is one step in the right direction :)

You can wear this year round if you want. Do not let the oriental moniker stop you from doing it. IMO this is a little light for an oriental. I would rather an EDP version. Although the scent does last a while on your skin the projection I am afraid to say is just average. For an oriental I would expect this juice to stay more noticeable for longer.

Unfortunately I don't think this is my male fragrance bomb. It could be if had better sillage and depth. Does anyone else feel the same way ?

ABRAG
ABRAG

Excellent fragrance

Strong odor official deserves praise and praise

Attractive

I love him

Recommend it

lovingthealien

I'm wearing this today in 90 degree weather and a Pokemon shirt. I had previously thought this was strictly a dead-of-winter only scent, but I realize that's just not the case. It reveals different aspects in warm weather, though I still believe it was meant for cool weather.

RachelGrigg
RachelGrigg

Delicious. I'm a girl and I love wearing this. Very sexy on a woman. Great longevity. I also layer with Shalimar (so shoot me).... I love the spice. It's very potent and completely captivating. Fierce then gentle. guerlain at its best.x

janzu75
janzu75

This is one of the best colognes Guerlain has made for a man...it has a beautiful, powerful sweet aroma. you can sense the combination of spices and flowers well blended. it's an elegant, refined scent. Recomended for evening use...hard to find but worth the money having it!

I found it to be too sweet and syrupy, with base notes that are too blended, to be of much interest, particularly in light of the existence of a similar, but far superior fragrance (IMO, of course): the original formulation of Zino (the bottle with the signature all in script on the front). The only reason to avoid this version of Zino is if you don't like that sour neroli type note. I find the sandalwood note cuts the sweetness and other aspects I don't like (strong lavender and those blended base notes) in Zino, but there is nothing to do that in Heritage. I don't find it too "feminine," though, and in fact wear some "women's" fragrances that are built upon similar ideas (Shalimar Light, for example). This is more of a cool weather fragrance, and clearly more "romantic" than for the office. In short, I wouldn't buy a bottle mainly because it's unbalanced, though this may have been the perfumer's intention, and there certainly seem to be many people who like this quality.

Udaria
Udaria

Fresh and clean, good for a man OR a woman. Classy, invigorating.

ryldyl
ryldyl

I got the EDT a few days back and I can sense the impression that this scent has left on the newcomers from the fragrance community in general. It starts off a bit offensive close up but from a distance it smells very impressive leaving a warm vanilla, woodsy-flowery scent trail. I am still learning it and comparing it to L'instant EDT which is my signature scent. Both are great and I have a feeling that this will serve as a great addition to my collection.

RHONORAY
RHONORAY

I love the EDP (gold cap, not silver) rich and classy. The EDT I tried had no balls.

DaZeD
DaZeD

This wonderful masterpiece fits perfectly on a real gentleman or mature businessman, but that doesn't mean you can't wear this as a young adult in it's late 20's.

If you feel well dressed and have a mature mindset this will complete the picture.

Great price for such a classy perfume.

jrichart
jrichart

Heritage de Guerlain es uno de los perfumes masculinos de Guerlain mas subestimados. Aunque sin razón alguna porque Heritage no es que sea precisamente un perfume vulgar ni simple, sino que es un perfume muy bien construido y equilibrado en sus ingredientes. En mi humilde opinión, Heritage es para mí un perfume muy Guerlain, ya que presenta en su secado el característico sello distintivo presente en muchos perfumes de Guerlain, la Guerlinade, esa mezcla de Benzoina, Bergamota, Iris, Haba Tonka y Vainilla que los hace tan franceses y reconocibles. En el caso de Heritage se percibe principalmente el Haba Tonka y la Vainilla. No sabría con precisión a que familia olfativa pertenece pese a haberlo testeado varías veces, muchos coinciden que es un oriental-amaderado con sutiles tintes chipres y florales. Yo lo veo un semioriental amaderado-especiado. En resumen, para mí es un perfume con mayúsculas de una elegancia y refinamiento abrumadoras. Lo recomiendo para personas que gusten de olores elegantes y sin pretensiones de avasallar. Aunque debo advertir que Heritage edp es mas cargante que el edt.

Scentrist
Scentrist

This is one of those amazing and classic scents that only seems to get better with the passage of time, and in my view one of Jean Paul Guerlain's best works. And my wife loves this, but only after the first 10 minutes where the grapefruit and petit grain have settled a bit. So a caveat - the first spray can be a bit challenging, but once it's settled in, this mellows right down and becomes a lovely and balanced fragrance that has incredible longevity and masterfully composed woody and spicy notes in the heart.

One of the noted points is the peppery finish it maintains throughout, unique of itself. It lingers as a subtle reminder of sharpness in its composition. It's as masculine a fragrance as I can imagine, and it definitely does not get the credit or audience it deserves. It exudes an air of refinement that isn't often found in scents from that period or beyond.

Now my review is of the EDT, so even saying that I get fantastic longevity (all day) out of that is a testament to how well done this is. Heritage is certainly a scent that befits a distinguished gentleman, and I'd dare say that anyone under 40 just won't understand it or believe it smells too 'old' for them. Perhaps, but nonetheless, it's a classic.

krmarich
krmarich

This was "Samsara" for men with all of its sandalwood. It was large, romantic, and whispered in your ear. It was truely the ultimate gentleman perfume. Hey wait a minute, its 1993 and times have changed. Or did they? This was the post "top hat/satin glove kisses her hand hold the door open" gentleman. With one foot in the past and the other in 1993, a new era was beginning.

Indeed, could a man ever embrace the flowers within? Of course he could, with gusto. Heritage was brilliant with its almost pastry like appeal of jasmine, rose, iris, pine, vetiver and oakmoss. The lack of vanilla was the only line in the sand cutting it off from the Guelinade that I had grown to love over the years.

On cool autumn nights, it was the ultimate snuggle formula! Very formal, it works well in long museum walks. No one will ever for get you...

Make sure you find a gold capped bottle. The silver cap lack the depth and sandalwood of the original. Its rather sad that the "deformulation" has changed such a classic. Its definitely worth the hunt!

jtd
jtd

Heritage is one of those perfumes where we focus so closely on the iteration and version. EDP, EDT? Recent formulation? Vintage? Which bottle? What year? For what it's worth, I have the EDP, likely from 2006-2008.

Woody amber? Chypre? Floriental? I'll take any/all of the above. But most of all, it's the spiritual successor to its great-aunt, Shalimar. It has Shalimar's citrus/amber opening, skips its animalic, rather noir tones and then rides out that glorious radiant vanilla, tonka, amber, sandalwood parade-float of a heart and basenotes quite similarly to Shalimar. The difference is that Shalimar's harmonies revolve around a purr and a growl. Heritage's harmony is on a far larger scale. It has fewer low-decibel notes than Shalimar, hence no snarl, and actually doesn't quite hit some of Shalimar's high sweet notes either. But, oh, that large middle range. It is so full, so overlapped on itself. It's so densely composed that it feels as if there is a redundant set of harmonics built-in.

This is a bit of a stretch, but I find the closest analogy that captures the experience of Heritage is a song by George Harrison called, "What is Love?" It was from his first solo work post Beatles and you can just hear the exhilaration at being out from under all the Beatles' drama and infighting. But structurally the song, produced by Phil Spector, was the height of the Wall of Sound recording and production method. Dozens of overlapped horn, guitar and vocal tracks create a sound that has as much a quality of physical force as sound. This captures Heritage as well: exuberance and an almost palpable wall of harmonious aroma.

If Heritage is a spiritual heir to Shalimar, and shows a genetic similarity, it is not retro by any means. A 1992 fragrance might look dated, or at least era-specific from the perspective of 2011, but it was also groundbreaking at its release. Large, unabashedly pretty, neither soft-spoken nor cool/fresh like the bulk of the releases of the early 90s, Heritage was out and proud. It falls in line with that anthem of the era among my people: "We're here. We're queer. Get used to it."

Tristiana
Tristiana

This is the scent of a real man, a man who is brave and bold with a touch of the artistic soul.. this kind of fragrance always stays in memory.. women's memory :-) These perfumes have this something special. Always when I'm in a crowd of many neuter perfumes and Heritage aroma is near .. I look around .... to take a look for a man who wears them. Only because i wish to see who is he. My boyfriend had Heritage and it was good compilation ;-)

ahnafuz
ahnafuz

tested this in edt , it is a fresh soapy smell (on tester strip) but quite light.(somewhat over priced). fades faster than my expectations. reminds me of a monte blanc perfume which i hope would be cheaper than this one.

oxm
oxm

Heritage, is a safe haven where we stop for a day and you remain forever, warm woods and spices, battered by lavender and assorted citrus, Fragrant flowers and a fabulous bottom moss.Il name may remember a certain similarity his illustrious ancestor: Habit Rouge is less opulent and Heritage but also more discreet (euphemism) seems to know a person behind a frosted glass, but when he hears the voice ... that's our impression is gone and it is the same as I felt when I heard ... the grandson of Heritage Habit Rouge.
Perfect for the winter, especially in the evening, brings me to mind the pout pourri of dried plants that are put in drawers to deodorize the clothes.
Timeless.

lozhensuw
lozhensuw

The best male perfume I have bought to date

Heverton
Heverton

Heritage EDP is a fragrance that in the initial spray, seems to be a work from the 80's. Overloaded, dense!

A scent based on the chypre theme, a citrus, slightly floral with a ruthless/intense animal chord of musk! Be careful to not use it and left the house 5 minutes later. People will look you strange.

Over time the scent will lose a little bit of this feature, giving space to a very dry vanilla. Lasting 10+ hours on my skin.

leboff
leboff

I'm a woman of a certain age, and I love wearing this!I bought my first bottle in an airport having fallen for the top notes, and didn't realise that it was for men.( MaybeI should've known by the dept I was in...)It lingers forever. Other women are always asking what it is. It has a final hint of ginger on me (the pepper?)definately my favourite for winter.

sweefa
sweefa

Years ago I had a boyfriend who was a lot older than me, in his late 40s, and I was so in love with him... He wore Heritage and it was just perfect - no one ever smelled better to me. I can't tell about the notes, but the impression was so confident, warm, mature, stable and sensual. It fitted him and his age and impressed me very much. A great timeless fragrance.

Minimephisto
Minimephisto

It is from the same school as habit rouge. Just that it is more flowery. It is one that gives a false impression of an oldies cologne, yet, there are so many characteristics in it that speaks of a sudden change, just as how it fades into different forms during its dry-downs.

Highly complex again.

This reformulation is still pretty enjoyable. A classic well-done oriental fragrance made of sweet vanilla, spices a some floral notes. Honest, elegant, sweet-warm and still very masculine. Heritage is one of those fragrances you'll never get tired of. Nothing outstandingly unique but still distinctive and miles ahead from todays average quality. Anytime I wear it, the very first thought that comes to my mind is "it smells soooo good!", and at the end af all things this is hte essential point of a fragrance. Buy it and wear it anytime you want to do the right thing!

Rating: 8.5/10

KasiaS
KasiaS

The experience of this one was interesting for me: despite not having too many in common in terms of notes, on my skin it reminded a lot Mugler's Angel. Must be the patchouli. I love the patchouli note (in combinations, the solinote is too much) and find it fantastic on bith women and men. The effect was sensual and high-quality. It also smells quite vintage, whih is obvious, considering the name and marketing :)
Wonderful try for all patchouli lovers.
I could just copy-paste Jean Maurice's review! What do you men have that we don't that Guerlain keeps rewarding you with those fabulous masterpieces?
I will take my revenge and wear it myself :) Something tells me it is the beginning of a beautiful friendship!
Meanwhile, ANY man wearing ANY Guerlain pour homme (well, maybe paradoxally exluding...Guerlain Homme) would be able to make my knees melt.

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

I want this one, as ALL Guerlain pour homme, ALL in EDP version. Guerlain is way ahead of most of all supposely "niche" houses. Even the lastest Guerlain pour Homme is pretty good. They are making quality and at a fair price!

BIG
BIG

bought a boxed 4ml mini and tried it on. first i got a burst of lavender and bergamot and soon thereafter floral notes kicked in, while oakmoss and cedar rounded the final drydown. I don't smell anything powdery about this frag. i'd sum it up as a fougere woody scent with some muted floral notes in the background.

guest_jf
guest_jf

I met this perfume in 1993 when visiting Harrods (London) when a girl in a demonstration showed it to me, since then I never changed.

getcarter
getcarter

I tried this for the first time only 3 years ago and I am on to my second bottle (EDT). I shall try and find the EDP when this one nears the end. Despite coming to it latterly, it has become one of my all time faves. The initial searing blast of citrus recedes to a long, complex and spicy middle and finally down to a subtle powdery (Guerlinade?!) base. Whilst I have received many compliments, I wear it prinicpally for my own pleasure. It proves the ART of perfumery and is true luxe!!

Cassiano
Cassiano

It starts with an old smell, a dated scent, like an “old lady”. I was scared!
But after 10 minutes on my skin, became more exquisite, calm and chic.

In its heart there are so many flowers, like: rose, geranium, carnation, jasmine, etc. that the fragrance shows exactly for what it was created. It is a powerful floral scent, with a woody and powdery base. By the way, this powdery characteristic is unique in Guerlain scents, which is always perfectly made.

The lasting is fantastic! The final smell on my skin was a floral scent over a Habit Rouge base.
I would indicate this scent for a formal and, mainly, nocturnal use.

guest_Peter
guest_Peter

Number 1!!!

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

a nice colder weather fragrance. NO KIDDY STUFF HERE!This stuff is for the well mannered,distinguished,gentleman.

colago
colago

An absolute classic to be worn any time anywhere.

vertigo
vertigo

strong, manly, attracting.

Heritage Eau de Toilette by Guerlain 4.46 out of 5 based on 538 ratings and 85 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Heritage Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Heritage Eau de Toilette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Heritage Eau de Toilette by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Heritage Eau de Toilette by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.