Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Idylle Guerlain for women

Idylle Guerlain for women
dislike

I have it: 955 I had it: 294 I want it: 822 My signature: 35

Idylle Guerlain for women Pictures Idylle Guerlain for women Pictures Idylle Guerlain for women Pictures Idylle Guerlain for women Pictures

Idylle is the latest creation by Guerlain for mainstream distribution, introduced in September 2009. It has been created by Thierry Wasser and it is the first fragrance he created in his position as the succeeder of Jean-Paul Guerlain. This is how Wasser describes this beautiful floral perfume:

"It started with a rose. The rose was a blend of Bulgarian roses, the 2008 harvest being fruity, with overtones of raspberry and litchee. To this blend was added the Plessis Robinson rose, created by Jean-Paul Guerlain out of love for the past – an old rose with fruity accents and a pungent fragrance. This, in turn, was mingled with a chypre harmony, emblematic of Guerlain, composed of patchouli and white musk, selected for its warmth. And lastly came the bouquet that complemented the roses to perfection: lily-of-the-valley, lilac, peony, freesia and jasmine. And so the fragrance was born: a shower of flowers, of petals, of subtle yet incisive freshness, balanced by sensuality. A nectar of flowers, an ode to life and love, in the warm light of radiant jasmine and the darker warmth of chypre, to express an ambiguity of feeling, and musk, like the scent of cashmere on the skin, a comfortable, intimate, physical sensation. In this combination of the personal, sensual, emotional facet of chypre, and the physical aspect of musk, and the declaration of love with the bouquet of flowers, the inexpressible idea was expressed, tender and ethereal, sensuous and romantic, fleeting and eternal."

Freesia tincture of rose Raspberry Litchi

Comme une Evidence Eau de Parfum

Idylle Fragrance Reviews

mashry68
mashry68

toooooo heavy to my nose i couldnt stand it at all

mslady
mslady

I bought this scent, took it home and popped it on my dresser, cautiously removing the lid for a quick test sniff, for a week. I was afraid I'd made a mistake, but this perfume purchase turned out to be exactly what I wanted. On me it's not a pretty or innocent scent, it's creamy, languorous, heady. No raspberry notes, but big, fat, old-world roses with a good lick of musk and amazing longevity, a touch animalic on the drydown. A womanly perfume perfect for wearing all through the best years of my life.

vongocap
vongocap

I'm not a fan of floral-floral fragrances. But this is really well done in my opinion. It's elegant, lovely and romantic. I could get married with this perfume on, would be perfect. I'm not able to describe it exactly, but the smell is somehow heavenly, all the flowers inside are so well balanced. Most of all I detect a delicate, sugary classy rose, it' irresistible, it gets inside your skin like a beauty elixir..I don't feel sexy or intriguing by wearing this, but simply beautiful! It' not bad to feel beautiful sometimes, so...I'm considering to buy this one, despite of the horrible bottle (for me it's really unwatcheable)

opa

I have reconsidered my first comment in here - this beauty does last really long but for this is required that temperature level /humidity where isn't too hot or too wet. So warm sunny days with + 20 to + 27 C degrees and you could have it on up to 12+ hours easily. Delightful and most distinctive aroma concoction! Loving it at the time being in a very romantic mood..

JuliaQueen
JuliaQueen

My mom had this perfume and it always smelt very bitter and old lady like to me. Then I purchased the Narciso Rodriguez edt and she said it smelt just like the Idylle I hated!
I don't know which note it is that smells so bitter to me but once it evaporates, this perfume is simply divine! Reminds me a lot of the Narciso edp rather than the edt. Gorgeous.

thegreekone
thegreekone

Great and very romantic fragrance. I love this simple and clean composition.Very similar to Narciso but a little more ethereal and delicate.Excelent lasting power .Refined and luminous.

harini_20
harini_20

Such a beautiful floral perfume!!!! Infact love this more than the jadore!!!!! Very pretty elegant bottle!! Smells soooo graceful, silky!!!! Though quite expensive smells very sophisticated!!!! I'm jus feeling sooooo gorgeous!!!!! Gonna be my signature perfume!!!!!! Love it!!!!!

After an initial doubt and later "love", then dismiss for a while...it's Idylle back again! I'm happy I kept my half-used bottle of EdP and didn't give it away. Well, I knew I could not give it away.
After some many releases and new launches in mainstream perfumery, I'm glad to feel that Idylle is still a keeper for me among modern scents. As usual I don't think the rose is the star of the show here, rather lily-of-the-valley and soft musk.
I already secured me a bottle of good old vintage Samsara, but winter is slowly giving pace to spring, hopefully. On some days in winter I smelled a weird note of smoky-cigarette with Idylle on my skin, but it's back in its full grace and strenght.

Edit: I hope it wasn't reformulated recently. My EdP bottle is more than 1 year old. I tried EdT from tester today and it smelled so poor and weak, still Idylle but watered down version.

nadiadncr
nadiadncr

This perfume is a mixture of for her by rodriguez and lovely from SJP. That's it....

fatooma
fatooma

I have tried a lot to love this perfume because I like the bottle BUT I really couldn't IT IS JUST OK

It has raspberry and lily of the valley in it. Those are two notes which I usually don't like in perfumes. So I wouldn't wear it. But, there is something I must point out in that case - this is a product of quality and I understand it quite clearly. The notes of raspberry and lily of the valley are turned out much better in this one than in many other fragrances.
It's just not my taste and I wouldn't by it.

lipglossandabackpack
lipglossandabackpack

I love this in the summer on my bare skin. It's a quick hit of jasmine and rose that mellows down by the time I get to work, becoming soft and warm. One thing I didn't see noted in any other reviews is that more than any other scent I've owned, this clashes with any and all of my body lotions. The first time I wore it with unscented body lotion I thought one of the two products had gone bad, but after trying it with a number of different lotions (mass market, luxury, organic, you name it) I've found this scent just doesn't work on my lotiony skin. When I went back to wearing it bare it was fine.

malloryrose
malloryrose

i got this as a gift, and i like it but i just can't get myself to love it. it smells a little old-ladyish, i definitely get rose and musk. it's a bit heavy for me, i've only worn it once or twice. maybe i'll try it again sometime in the future.

búzavirág
búzavirág

Somewhere in an interview with Mr Wasser I read, he calles this parfume with all it's floral notes as naiv. I love this naivety. It's mesmerizing. I need such beautiful fragrances to define myself, to balance through a day - it helps me make the world better around me.

On my skin the lily of the valley are dominating with the patchouli, a beautiful fusion - as it might be intended to be a chypre floral.

ecerusen
ecerusen

if this perfume was a colour, it would be definitely WHITE.
reminds me a garden full of white flowers at spring.
warm wind, pure yellowed sun, and full of peace.
i cant describe how it feels good, i cant find any description...
it makes me flashforward to my 30's. i cant reach its womanity yet :)

OMG! Idylle has been a fave of mine since the beginning and a few days ago I could eventually smell the pure Parfum in an exclusive perfume store in Switzerland! I didn't even know that it existed!
I didn't care for the pricetag, not affordable, but I was in love with the scent.
It definetely smells Idylle but in a very sophisticated way, closer to skin, less sillage, great lasting power and the notes are a bit different. I smelled a lot of indolic Jasmine and the overall effect is more similar to Idylle Duet Jasmin & Lilas, without the initial crispiness and freshness.
I'm amazed because I couldn't figure out how a parfum version of Idylle could smell like.
It smells like, well, thick and dense Idylle with a delicate animalic undertone. More into the Guerlain tradition. To die for.

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

I tried this for the first time today (i had Mitsouko on the other wrist) and i definately prefer this one! So fresh, juicy, floral, warm and delicate. I get a fair bit of apple scent from this after the dry down, which to me, is wonderful as i'm a mourner of Joop! 'All About Eve' - which was a beautiful warm ambery, apple scent.

Antares811
Antares811

Wow I love this!
Gorgeous floral, so soft, elegant and feminine.
The delicious lily-of-the-valley reminds me of Diorissimo, the drydown reminds me of Narciso Rodriguez for Her EDP, but better, less syntethic note (maybe the musk), well balanced.
Definitely this is one of my favorites.
If you love florals. it's highly recommended.
P:S.: Men love it, tough I don't find this scent sexy, it's beautiful ;-)

TillyWave
TillyWave

Idylle is made for rose lovers, there is a big dewy velvety red rose that is the star of the show. A big fruity red rose, on my skin the raspberry and litchi stay with the rose for hours, making it very sweet (but not sugary or saccharine.) The patchouli here is really woody, smooth, and understated, it lends a nice background but that's as loud as it gets. Truthfully I cannot detect the other flower notes, although they probably lend to the well-roundedness of the rose itself. After Idylle is on the skin for several hours, it becomes a bit more musky and woody, but the patchouli rose notes never go away completely.
Oh, and I really love this, its hard to find a well done floral that smells natural and not synthetic, or like shampoo.

neda173
neda173

Soft and elegant. after 10 minutes it becomes really pleasant. Very feminin. Love it.

Looking at the notes, I can't understand why I do not like it. Most of my favourite scents include rose, raspberry, jasmine, peony and musk. Idylle should be lovely, but it is incredibly balmy on my skin. And also, heavy, overpowering, nauseating.

selenehdez
selenehdez

Este perfume es floral, lo más que detecto es olor a rosas, con otras flores, que no se distinguir, pero el conjunto es muy armonioso; no detecto ninguna fruta en especial; ni tampoco pachuli.

En resumen: es un floral fresco, alegre, algo dulce y muy femenino, tiene el toque de musc de los narcisos, pero yo no creo que se parezca a ellos; de hecho el musc es ligero.

Su duración es de unas 8 horas, y la proyección es moderada.

Lo compré porque estaba en oferta y no me pude resistir, pero lo cierto es que me ha encantado, se los recomiendo

CozyCat
CozyCat

Beautiful, romantic floral, very classy and well-made. I eyed the bottle, impulsively sprayed it on my wrists and fell in love with the gorgeous opening, clean warm roses, greens and the poshest raspberry note I've ever come across. Unfortunately 10-15 minutes later, the lily of the valley and musk crashed the party and I found myself getting a headache, I can't stand the combination of lotv and musk, they develop sharply on me, and pierce through my nose into my brain....I recommend this if you love florals (musky ones especially) and you can tolerate lily-of-the-valley, it's a gorgeous scent, just not for me.

indorm
indorm

Personality clearly plays a huge role when it comes to choosing a perfume. I think it is hard to dislike this creamy, rosy floral. Yet, some people do, and I think if you have a stronger, more dramatic personality you might find this too sentimental. If, like me, you're a hopeless romantic, Idylle might be for you. I love this so much - seriously want a huge bottle of Idylle to drench myself in every day.

Giezza
Giezza

I don't really like it at first, it's a bit strong in the first spray, but after a few minutes it became softer and turned to be very nice. In my skin it's a clean, and fresh fragrance. Smells so elegant.

macheprofumo
macheprofumo

Crisp & Sophisticated. A high quality "Rose" content perfume that is easy to wear during the day or night. I Just Love It. Great in the Spring and Summer. Lovely during the evening during Winter(awakens the senses).

sf2explus
sf2explus

as a man I really cannot stand alot of the womens fragrances out there. But this one is somthing special, I ran into this when trying a few guerlain scents for myself and decided to see what their womens fragrances smell like and this one stood out to me. It is one of those fragrances women should not overspray since it smell nice when a little is used.

JungleSpark
JungleSpark

This scent is quite warm, sexy and classy, definitely aimed for a younger woman in her 20s perhaps. I'd say this is the scent you start off with before graduating to something more complex. That said, I really like this perfume it is one of my favourites, I didn't like it all too much in the summer of last when I bought it but as the cool air started to come in the leaves started falling, I too fell for Idylle. It's a very beautiful disarming and sweet scent. It reminds me of a girl who's about eighteen ravaging through her mom's closet wearing her mother's pearls determined to look elegant for a dinner at a nice restaurant with a crush, a first date perhaps. And just before she leaves she puts on Idylle and looks herself in the mirror and finds her woman within, something exciting between being a hopeful young girl ready to conquer the world and a young woman with a grace that comes with age. Very lovely very darling.

Gulnara
Gulnara

Don't compare Idylle with other Guerain perfumes, or expect something like them. It is not a masterpiece, but it owns Guerlain's elegance and quality. I love & appreciate it for what it is.

It is young (but not girly), wearable & non offensive. Idylle is all about femininity & would be suitable for very feminine women only. With this perfume there will be an aura of femininity around you. It is a romantic scent, but I would not say it is sexy. It could be a great wedding day scent.

It has all my favorite flowers. I really like touch of rose in perfumes. It is like an antidepressant, promotes feelings of love, peace and happiness. In Idylle rose is not loud, it is delicate. And I love that soft lilac rose combination here. It is mainly lilac that makes Idylle so much spring like. After all lilac is considered the messenger of spring.

Idylle is not just a shower of flowers. It is a musky perfume & has slightly sweet background. Idylle & Narciso Rodriguez pink bottle are very much alike. The feeling about these two perfumes is the same.

äppelpaj
äppelpaj

Disappointed. The container of the sample smelled like apple. To me on skin it smells mostly of freesia and lily of the valley. I'm not a fan of either, although once in a blue moon I might be in the mood for it..

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

I'd say this has the soft milky pink rose and animalistic musk (although not as animalistic, softened by extra florals) of Narciso edp, and the slightly clean fresh fruitiness of Jadore.

Beautiful, and at first I thought I liked it much more that narciso, because it is more complex, very pretty and less animalistic. But now I appreciate them both for different reasons...NArciso is definently different enough, but jadore? I think if you have Jadore, there's no need for this, unless you are looking for a little more soap

Very nice though, and sillage is quite decent, longevity 8 hours

I find this to be sweet and fresh

umtaleb
umtaleb

It is indeed a 'shower of flowers'. Fresh, not sweet. At times over-powering, but well-blended. Fruit notes (litchi and raspberry) are fresh and fleeting, not sweet nor lingering.

There is a metallic note that pops up before dry-down that is particularly pungent and unpleasant. Seems to hit the back of my throat. Not certain if this is one of the flowers in the blend or maybe a bad sample, but it does eventually cede to a palatable, smooth floral musk.

Nickie
Nickie

Sadly, the fragrance journey of Idylle EDP begins and ends as soon as it hits my skin. I like it for a while but, the staying power is so good, I soon become bored and long for more dimensions.

When I pass others who are wearing it, I think it's a lovely, sophisticated floral. I appreciate it more in fleeting wafts. On myself... I just don't want it around me for prolonged periods, so am unlikely to wear it again.

blossom.ivae
blossom.ivae

Unique for sure , i loved it the day i smelled it at the store so on my birthday my father bought it for me i was so pleased with it , but im my opinion its a mature perfume for 25+

PLUMPIE
PLUMPIE

Very sweet, linear rose to my nose. Slightly soapy with a note which just killed it for me (metallic freesia) I don't get the rave reviews. Another super sweet modern scent aimed at the lolly lop loving generation.

katiushka
katiushka

When I wore this for the first time, the scent seemed like a nice but generic rose. Too sweet even. And yet, there is something in here that makes this perfume unforgettable; distinguishable from all of the other rose scents that I have tried (Stella, Balenciaga, etc.). I think I have put my finger on it: this perfume teaches women to not fear aging.

The scent develops in the same way a woman develops: very sweet rose at first - beautiful to sniff/behold, but lacking in depth. As time passes, the sweet rose grows fainter and other floral notes come to the foreground. Towards the end, I am left with a faint but extremely elegant and unique scent, unlike anything else I have tried. Likewise, a young girl charms people with her youth and physical beauty. As time goes on, the beauty matures, and turns into a beauty of the mind and soul, a unique and unrepeatable wisdom. Such a comforting thought!

I am not sure yet whether this perfume is for me, but I greatly admire the house of Guerlain for releasing such a well-made and well-thought out fragrance, and for reminding me to "laugh at the days to come" :)

jamiah
jamiah

Yes it has a punget scent. Very strong at first. My friend bought it for me from London, a blind buy . At first I don't really like the smell. The first note was rose, a strong one. i always adore rose, and always surprise by their smell. I am surprised by this one too. And when Wasser describe it as an old rose, yes, to me, it does smell like an old rose. But gradually, it became very much a beautiful scent. Beautiful, like the rose itself. Warm and sensual, very much unique in its class.

xVal
xVal

I'm not a fan of florals at all.
But, this perfume is very sophisticated.
It's very feminine and rich smelling, but it's too grown up for me.
Great for a woman in her 30's. :)

AnnaBarbz
AnnaBarbz

My father bought me Idylle while vacationing a of couple years ago. I didn't quite understand the scent but kept the bottle.. Boy I am so glad I did! My taste is now more seasoned and I can appreciate the floral and passionate smell of Idylle. I receive so many compliments anytime I wear it and it blends perfect with my chemistry.

joeywang
joeywang

i love this perfume, which smell very eleganc and mature but crystal as well. for me i feels like " a girl just grow up "
i would like to wear it everyday!!!

Lolita7
Lolita7

Idylle is love made fragrance. It is the feeling of butterflies in the stomach. It's the smell when you look at the beloved and your heart races. It is warm, romantic, feminine and elegant.
It is a love song. It is an unforgettable perfume. An idyll ♡

Sillage: 10/10

millie1980
millie1980

It's nice, it's just not amazing. It's a sophisticated fruity-floral, and smells a bit like Chloe at first, although it is softer and it does change. If I am going to spend that much money, I'd prefer something which actually smells expensive and refined. Doesn't seem to last long on my skin either.

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

Someone recommended trying this fragrance when I mentioned that I was looking for a fragrance that would be similar to Eau du Ciel, but would stay on longer.

Idyll is setting up on my skin very similar to a hair care product that I have used in the past, but can't remember the name of it. On my chemistry, this smells like a very clean shampoo.

I will have to see how this wears to determine more, but so far this is very clean smelling.

About 30 minutes into wearing this, there is a top note that is "turning" (probably the Bulgarian Rose) - this is not working on me... but I have heard that it is really a great fragrance on other people. Again, chemistry is everything-- try it, see how this wears on you!

Rizaldo

Unique, amazing and i love this scent.

amaliamarinescu
amaliamarinescu

another parfum that makes me feel like a diva...so glamorous,bottle , the golden juice

is exactly me..floreal and vanilla kind of parfum

really incredible

Thelma Scents
Thelma Scents

This perf is almost evrything im not....sophisticated, expensive, glamourous, classy yet downplayed to fun. The best thing from Guerlain in my opinion. That meeting, interview, gathering...The scent for it. Just a few squirts and I'm good to go. Shud we talk about the flagon? #OnPoint.

valeriapredoiu
valeriapredoiu

this i a perfume. not to wear at the gym, or at the club. it is a pleasure of the senses spoiled by the expensive and rare bulgarian rose sustained by fresh berries with a touch of patchouly that lingers in the evening if you spray it in the morning. this perfume is for ladies, not for girls who want to .. have fun

antfarm
antfarm

Very gorgeous roses, lychee, soft musk, and freesia in the first half hour smelling clean, elegant, and feminine.

Then the lillies (which smell like feet with my chemistry) and the jasmine (which smells like mothballs/buttered popcorn on me) come along and rain on the whole pretty parade. Boo!

Kiera79
Kiera79

I get lily, lily, and more lily. There was a hint of rose in the beginning, but that was quickly obliterated by the LILY. There is also something sharp.... or antiseptic about this that I am not liking. Someone below said it smells like washing powder. I can see what they mean. It's not terrible, but I don't think I would wear this.

talamantra
talamantra

The last perfumes containing the secret note of house Guerlain Guerlinade( reputation or truth unknown )
Respect prestige simple classic favorite , creed this message - perfume it sent to the student's -Thierry Wassew- for the teacher -Jean Paul Guerlain-
The principle no excite but after change your mind Males all years..... cats, dogs and other male follows me when I'm flavored with Idylle
Longevity 6h-9h Sillage moderate Dominate the three notes of white flowers Patchoul Lily Guerlinade and end little Raspberry
Worthy successor of the historical house of perfume L'Heure Bleue , Mitsouko and Shalimar
Precious classy simple addictive
This is the secret of think is really simple while addicted to the composition of

bambi27
bambi27

I LOVE Idylle! My skin can only take floral's or candy's & this - being the former - smells wonderful with my chemistry! It is VERY feminine & not strong like some of the Guerlain perfumes can be. My usual scents - of anything Muguet - makes me feel feminine, this makes me feel classic & Expensive (for lack of a better word). It's perfect for any occasion & can be worn at work!

ryanhuynh
ryanhuynh

Lovely by SJP better than this. Althought Idylle and Lovely base on Narciso perfume, I like Lovely better. I think Idylle smell like washing powder

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Such classy and sophisticated smell, not very known in the USA due to lack of marketing here. Long lasting with a twist, i don't want to write a long assay on the notes since they are already listed and well described, but this perfumes stands out of all other Guerlain ones.

I smell only lilies in this, none of the other notes get a look-in, but it's a lovely white floral scent for those who like that kind of thing. White floral scents always strike me as being either formal or wedding-type scents. This would fit right in.

xabaras
xabaras

I tried this again today after deciding, about a year ago, that I did not like it. It was a blind buy, and when I got it I put it on a few times and all I could get was a floral acidity which did not please me at all. I'm difficult with floral scents. So I put it away, and have recently decided to get rid of it on ebay, but I wanted to make sure I was not making a mistake. So I spritzed my wrist and was surprised. IT IS pleasant. I can smell the lily of the valley and the lilac this time, in a sweet background which doesn't allow it to be a mere floral. The musky note is gentle and relaxing. So I am wondering: has my skin changed so much in a year that this lovely fragrance seems so different to me now? I really like it. It's very romantic, very Spring like. I imagine a dreamy, elegant woman wearing it and spreading an aura of purity around her.

عطر مميز وراقي
عبارة عن بوكيه من الجوري

عطر مميز وراقي
عبارة عن بوكيه من الجوري

nomi77
nomi77

in my opinion fragrances are like persons ' friends who never leave you alone . like different personalities , cheerful , decent , energetic, sober, sad. when ever i wear a fragrance i choose a friend to accompany me and idylle is with me in my sadness i feel so comforted and optimistic after wearing this that after some time all my sadness is gone and me and my friend are there for good.love this fragrance . cant live without this . reflection of my soul

Tara_Dan
Tara_Dan

Sounds lovely, I want to try this!

Rachelyn
Rachelyn

I am so crazy about Idylle I almost don’t know where to begin. I’ve tried and rejected so many rose perfumes - Bvlgari Rose Essentielle, L’Artisan Parfumer Drole de Rose, SJP Lovely, Stella McCartney Stella etc - because some element of each was not the rose I wanted it to be.

I still feel sad remembering the disappointment of the lovely rose fragrances from Les Parfums de Rosine: La Rose, Rose d’Ete, Roseberry, Ecume de Rose - gorgeous, gorgeous perfumes that would have been my idea of heaven, except that on me they had very little sillage or staying power to speak of. They may be beautiful fragrances, but when all you can smell after an hour is a faint trace, the fact is you are going to be disappointed.

I was feeling like I was never going to find a rose fragrance I could make my signature .... and then I tried Idylle. I almost wasn't sure at first - I couldn't quite believe what my nose was telling me. Surely there had to be a flaw somewhere? But no, there isn't. I tested it at my nearest Guerlain counter for several days, and was so impressed I bought the biggest EDP.

I'm in love with Idylle. For me it starts out with a burst of sweetly soft and romantic florals - jasmine, freesia, lilac, lily of the valley - a very sweet, clean, happy opening.

But after that initial floral burst, it quickly loses the girlish sweetness and settles down (in about a half hour) to a luxurious but subdued, warm musky rose that stays true and strong on me for the next 7-8 hours, with very satisfying sillage that keeps on surprising me with the occasional whiff of its lovely understated rosy chypre heart. I couldn't ask more of a perfume than that.

Guerlain’s official description refers to "the scent of cashmere on the skin," and that is exactly how it feels to me. Elegant, warm and luxurious, but quite understated. A truly beautiful fragrance I will be in love with for a long time to come!

Adela7
Adela7

yes, indeed a very delicate floral composition, bright and beautiful. it would be a great gift, i can't imagine someone not liking this.
later on: i must say , in the dry down it is very simmilar to Comme une Evidence, though lily of the valley is more recognisable in Idylle.

cheeky_lollipop
cheeky_lollipop

i wonder why do i detect smokey scent in the beginning... not to my liking, and that makes me think it more suited to be worn on evening but after a while, half an hour or so... it turns to this lovely soft elegant floral... which i'm happy for as it changes to be wearable for day and night... sadly this doesnt last long on me... two hours top... *cries*

Berlynn
Berlynn

I tried a spritz at the perfume counter today, first on a card, then on myself. I thought it was really putrid on the card, but it smelled beautiful on my skin. There was a very sharp, acidic note on initial spray, almost citrus-y(lychee fruit maybe? I thought pinapple) that dried into something soft and floral and extremely long lasting (even after a shower.) very nice and very feminine.

aigilia
aigilia

I got a sample of Guerlain Idylle early last year..i thought that this one got very strong scent n bit mature...just after a year i started to remember the smell again n bought a big bottle..now i'm so in love with this perfume..gorgeous, elegant n luxury scent..like smelling a bouquet of flowers..wonderful smell..love;-)

Ninkin
Ninkin

Great floral, very warm and feminine. Stays true to form from top to bottom notes, none of the sour or metallic-y weirdness that many florals turn into after a few hours. That said, I feel it's lacking something.... I mean, if a celebrity came up with this scent, I'd say "wow, whata great taste!", but such a monster as Guerlain could have spent a tad bit more to complete this. But fear not - it's beautiful as it is. Wear it, enjoy it -)

nostalgiaLover
nostalgiaLover

this perfume was on the first sight made for me ! A floral scent with a great touch of feminin elegance and quality. But after an hour this perfume leaves a weak smell, only the rose note. This is too bad because I loved the composition exactly the way it is. But such a pitty that " Idylle" doesn´t last long.

Rizaldo

My gosh, amaaaaaaazing !!!!

mademoiselle-c

Ohhh I do not like this fragrance. It smells like bad bananas on me - maybe the patchouli? Oh well :( Love Guerlain otherwise

EMonika
EMonika

To me this perfume smells like how the bottle looks: Golden, elegant sophisticated.
I could smell this on the sample card received (Thanking you :D) and I knew right away I was going to like this one.

You have to wait for a bit after the opening I do smell lily ( I Love lily) alot of rose in the middle notes and for me an earl grey tea with a tiny bit of white pepper and musk.

I get this really floral warm feeling from it and at the same time it is subtly sexy or what you would call romantic. I am going to say that for me this is definitely a step up from j'adore (which I really like but there is something lacking in it lately) it is a safe perfume for the day and it is non offensive actually it is quite pleasant. I definitely get a spring day vibe from this one, it is strong and it projects so be careful not to overspray. it should be treated(sprayed) like a lady.

While there are many comments recommending for a more mature audience, I would say this could be an option if you are 25, like me and want something abit different from your usual.

lalludo
lalludo

I tried this scent a while ago and was love at first sight, but I waited before purchasing it.
then I tried it again in a store on a touche and I was quite disappointed: it didn't resemble the first fragrance at all!
stupid me, I didn't triy it on my wrist as usual.
Today I did.
Lovely, sensual, warm, slightly powdery, elegant floral scent. Surely, it'll become one of my faves.

Nirsara
Nirsara

Runner up to Chanel as my fav house of perfume is Guerlain. I love a lot of their fragrances, especially Idylle, Shalimar and Insolence.
I love spraying Idylle in my livingroom, it gives off a warm, sensual and cosy vibe. I spray it on my sofa and cushions. One time I noticed that one of my (very picky) cats always chose the cushion that I had sprayed on the most. She loves it! She comes running whenever I take the bottle out of the closet. It's crazy. :-) Because she's always laying on a perfumed cushion she totally smells like Idylle àll the time. We both love it, haha!
(to be clear, I would never spray it on her!)

CatBlanc
CatBlanc

Guerlain Idylle EDP is the love child of Diorissimo and Narciso Rodriguez EDP.

The lily-of-the-vally in Idylle starts loud and bright, with a fruity tarteness. For me, the musk did not kick in until 1hr after the initial spray.

Idylle's lilies replaced the signature orange blossom in NR. NR is warmer, creamier, fluffier, slightly sweeter and the musk emerges very soon after the peach-orange blossom openning. I personally prefer NR, because Idylle's lily/musk components appeared singularly instead of merge into a harmony on my skin.

They are both sensual, feminine and smells very intimate. Perfect for any occasion you want to feel sexy and definitely can become your new signature perfume.

Maggan
Maggan

I have had many of the scents that are similar to Idylle. It is a kind of scent that I am very fond of! I have had NRFH EdP, SJP Lovely and Prada Infusion d'Ìris, and the one thar remains in my collection of all these is Idylle, for the lovelines and the quality. It is the best one of them all, at least on my skin!

Jag har haft många dofter som liknar Idylle. Detta är en slags doft sonm jag är mycket förtjust i! Jag har haft NRFH EdP, SJP Lovely och Prada Infusion d'Iris, och debn av dessa som jag behåller är Idylle, för att den är så fin och för dess kvalitet. Det är den bästa av dem alla, i alla fall på min hud.

fireflys_locket
fireflys_locket

I can't decide whether I like this fragrance or not. It's definitely not "me", though I think the notes sound great. Mostly, I'm getting a nice bit of rose early on, but it's mainly smoky to me, which is what I think I don't like about it.

vallzinha
vallzinha

FLORAL exciting, FRUTAL SOFT ... VERY CHARMING. SMELLS TO ME THAT WAY.

Iman Fahmy
Iman Fahmy

One of my Favorite if not the best ...

opa

Found this one as very soft and comforting fragrance but, sadly, not this long lasting on my skin(2-3 hours). After some time of my first few uses and by the accident I applied a drop of this juice on my wrist on the next following day after I had Sisley's Eau du Soir on-the result just made me wow! A pure sophistication for me and so inexpectable! Plus-longevity has increased what is always beneficial, I think.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

This is my divine intervention in a bottle. My saviour, my sweety, my true love. One of my very top three - if not ultimate favourite. For me, no other scent currently makes me as a happier. One whiff of this and I've floated away to heaven with all senses in pure bliss. It is joy, heaven, inspiration, sensuality, romance, imagination, love and comfort sent to me in a bouquet of exquisite loveliness. It's the gift that keeps on giving. I pick out rose, and a multitude of heavenly lovely flowers, then I pick a luxurious type of patchouli combined with a silky, sensual type of musk. It is like beautiful, quality cashmere or silk in a bottle. It has everything I want in a perfume. Versatile for both day and evening, it emerges victorious in the projection, sillage and longevity factors. It is the modestly quiet, yet competent and graceful opponent, it ticks all my boxes. Engaging and delightful, Idylle - you had me at first whiff. 9.5/10 from me. A smidgeon off perfection on my radar. It's a keeper.

Bethesda

I've come back to Idylle after neglecting it for quite a while due to the distractions of other fragrances and I still find it as beautiful and elegant as ever. I took it on holiday last year and so it reminds me of being in Paris on a warm spring night and walking out the hotel dressed for dinner. Such a classy perfume and I hope Guerlain never discontinue it!

Linden
Linden

Intensely sensual, romantic floral with soft fruity-chypre nuances. Idylle has a beautiful balanced development - the brief fruity opening introduces the vivid florals; each revealing its presence just long enough to distinguish before the patchouli joins in. I feel there is quite a natural, fresh quality to the floral notes, especially love the peony, which isn't easy to pick up in many compositions. Currently my favourite floral-chouli; elegant, versatile and engaging fragrance.

pansylady
pansylady

The first few times that I smelled Idylle, I found it to be an alluring smoky floral- roses and lily of the valley predominating-

Sampling it yesterday, though, I got a totally different picture- an immediate blast of raspberry, followed by a wallop of patchouli- it didn't wear well in the 90 degree/90% humidity at all-

panda0410
panda0410

Like others have said, this is definitely very similar to Narciso Rodriguez, only IMHO its a far more elegant version and probably the most preferable of the two. Its thankfully lacks the cloying factor that NR has, and is more graceful and appealing to wear. The rose in this is beautifully tame, the lilac appealing to my nose, thin florals, lily and yes to he reviewer below me, I detect tulip as well. I dont find the LOTV so overwhelming as others have stated here, and the gentle, understated, musky base is to be admired if you are a fan of musks. This perfume could easily be a timeless classic, its well balanced, elegant and beautifully harmonious.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

I've been collecting samples of Idylle for some time now. It's musky floral and patchouli, slightly sharp and sour, but very feminine. I really like this fragrance, it reminds me of Narcisso Rodrigues for her, but even more so - Lovely by SJP. The main difference is that to my nose, Idylle seems more floral than the other two. More specifically, it smells like tulips! Some people may blame Idylle for the lack of originality, but the bottom line is - this scent is pretty damn good.

Migalex
Migalex

I would not say this perfume is bad. The scent is very well defined and keeps its character through the drydown. On the top, projection is much better than with most other perfumes. I find it too sharp, though, and do not like the overall scent at all, but that is me. I love the scent of peony and freesia in it, but I have to inhale deeply directly from the skin to get those wonderful sweet round notes. Otherwise, what I get is a sharp and a bit sour scent, very well defined but monolithic, and which does not appeal to my personal taste. I do not understand how they got this scent from the notes listed above. I think there is at least an important note missing, which gives the perfume that sharp sour character. Overall I would say that amongst the offerings we have today, this is on the side of the good perfumes, and worth wearing for who likes this type of scent. As for the comparison with NR and lovely, I can understand that some people find similarities, but the overall character of the oerfume is very different. This is much sharper and sourer. NR has got a sour edge, but not as sharp as idylle, in my opinion. It is quite bland, and also has a twist which makes it smell more complex. And so does Lovely. Personally, NR and Lovely appeal much more to my taste.

mylancome

This is made of natural ingredient, and Guerlain like to reveal their working progress on internet video. Natural, so no headache.

gomt
gomt

I'm pretty surprised with many reviews here, stating this is a delicate fragrance. Well, I think it's very strong, intense, to the point of giving me a headache.

The bouquet is rich and sophisticated, mature and elegant. There's some sort of a grandma note in it, though - which may be just my personal association, because my great-grandmother used to smell in a similar way. Therefore, Idylle brings memories, but it's unwearable for me, at my age, yet.

The composition, even though not exactly suits my tastes (esp. the lilies), is admirable.

scentous
scentous

musky rose with white florals. I really don't like floral notes, usually they give me headache and sharpness offends me, but this one is really soft due to the muskiness I guess, yet very long lasting. Rose is not dominating, I get lilies with musk mostly. As all the Guerlain's out there it is a classy and elegant scent..One of few florals that got me on the market..drawback is, too many fans and it is very much exposed, one of the most popular frags of the Guerlain house.

jellyfish_monica
jellyfish_monica

a very subtle and elegant fragrance, really ideal for a date, especially for the first date.
don't feel many layers or complex in Idylle, not like many other Guerlain family.
I find it's more appealing to men then to women.

Jayne58
Jayne58

Idylle begins very delicately, with wistful florals, then the musks start to kick in and it gets steadily more powerful. The gentleness is completely deceptive! I first tried one spray of my sample at the same time as trying 3 others on different parts of my arm. This took the others tenderly by the scruff of the neck and softly beat them to death.

I like this very much - it's an iron fist in a velvet glove.

pum.ohse
pum.ohse

Elegant mature floral scent. Not for me.

monica0106
monica0106

one word to describe-elegant
It's like a cup of milk tea, animalic+flora~
elegant version of NR musck.
compare to NR, also last longer...
it will enfold you with warmth and peaceful mood especially in cold winter.
I really got picture of a romantic but simple french woman in the movie scene by smelling it:)

easybeauty.via giolitti
easybeauty.via giolitti

An elegant version of Narciso Rodriguez...

perfumeandme
perfumeandme

3 words - feminine, romantic and elegant!

It's definitely not loud nor sexy. Not your teenage sweetheart frag nor overly mature sophistaced one and this is one of the best wedding day perfume:)

dr.lamees1983
dr.lamees1983

Very soft, romanti and elegant. Musky and sweet.truely me. Thank you guerlain

lalig
lalig

The firs 5-10 minutes are nice and floral but then in turns rancid on me smelling like stale old butter.

Nikkiza
Nikkiza

if someone asks me whats the scent of headache,i would answer:IDYLLE BY GUERLAIN
sorry Guerlain ...

update: I dont know what happened to us but i think iam falling in love with this shiny frag which i used to dislike.strange this happens to me with lots of Guerlains.whats going on?

Roma27
Roma27

Amazed that I do not find myself intrigued. I Love most of Guerlains perfumes. When it was released many I know raved about it & I felt rather odd, what am I not experiencing? It's a fairly pleasant, definitely wearable fume but there was no Wow! moment for me. Somehow the combination of notes did not tickle my fancy. For some or other reason it does not capture my attention. I probably would not go out of my way to make a purchase but if I was gifted i would wear it. To all the die hard Idylle lovers out there, you definitely one up on something that I'm missing.

venclips
venclips

I can smell the rose from the first spray of this EDP then lily of the valey and a bit peony. On the EDT it's more musky and this one is more floral. Smells so elegant and rich. This is not kind of soft perfume, but also not to loud. It's suitable for day and night, for mature women. Staying power is great, just one spray on my wrist, it's does stay 6-8 hours. Love the bottle too. It's just worth to buy.

dianachif

I like it a lot, it is very feminine, very me.

dianachif

I like it a lot, it is very feminine, very me.

Louise2207
Louise2207

As a huge fan of Guerlain fragrances I was delighted to get a 50ml EDP bottle of this from Boots for only £10.00 - result!
I have to say that this scent does not grab me at the start however as it settles onto the skin and develops it is divine - feminine, soft, floral with just the right amount of sensual muskiness.
I have to say like many others on here it is not a traditional Guerlain scent but it is a classy and very wearable fragrance.

Grottola
Grottola

I'd like to enjoy Idylle, as the concept and the marketing are both beautiful. Unfortunately, there's a sickening note in there that I can't quite pinpoint. Almost like putting your nose up to a hot bowl of spaghetti and having all the herbs and olive oil smack you in the face at once. It's kind of a pear-like, styrofoam-textured note, if you know what I mean.

Oh well. Maybe someday.

mediterranean
mediterranean

How beautiful and charming this scent is,how elegant and enchanting too. I keep smelling my hand after spraying it. It is a mature floral with rose and lily of the valley ,sophisticated for romantic ladies with a sense of deja vu. If you want to be remembered after a blind date,wear it!

dina
dina

Very soft and delicate fragrance. I've tested it twice and what I get most from it is lily of the valley, all the way till it fades away. Totally agree that this could be considered a modern, light and tamed version of Dior Diorissimo.

KEW
KEW

I do like the beginning of this. I tried the EDP one wrist and EDT on the other. Both start off well but the EDT ends up smelling like burnt plastic on me! The EDP is much juicier and doesn't turn nasty. Definitely one of those scents that you should try on your skin first.

vincy_gal

Just tried it again. What a gorgeous floral scent! I keep smelling gardenia even though there is no gardenia????!! It's going on my wish list!

At last I could buy a fb 100ml tax-free in a town close to Switzerland! I was so happy! I bought Idylle and my bf bought original Stella for me! So I went back home with two perfumes I love and I wear both!
Both Idylle and Stella smell slightly different on my skin according to days. Or maybe it is just my nose, I don't know. I like Idylle more when the musky edge comes out stronger and lily-of-the-valley is tamed.
Thanksgod, raspberry is not so obvious that overpowers the rest of composition as it happens with so many perfumes with raspberry in them.
I just wished that rose and jasmine were stronger than other flowers.
It's true it reminds of NR, but they're all different in a way like variations on a theme and a variation can make a totally different effect, like in music!
Idylle smells fresher in the beginning and it goes sweeter and sweeter till the end when it smells sweet snuggly musk, not dirty at all nor super-laundry clean. Just perfect. Lasting power could be a little better for an EdP in my opinion, but I noticed that when I don't smell it anymore on myself, others keep smelling it, so be careful!
all in all is a much more modern and simpler Guerlain, not one that provoke upsetting reaction on their own, but it's a very well-made perfume.
I'm very happy with my fb now!

vincy_gal

Warm and classy. Guerlain frags have amazing lasting power; you sure get your money's worth. While my fave is still Champs D'Elysees...this one might be worth getting.

candymarie
candymarie

I agree that it's similar to NR for Her, maybe just a little softer, not as sharp as the NR (pink bottle).

It also reminds me a little bit of Cacharel Noa.

All of these mentioned are lovely, but for me they don't stand out in a crowd, and are what I would call "light and polite."

rawan.natsheh
rawan.natsheh

Hated this perfume although I often like this house perfumes, very floral and nothing else. Smells cheap and regular.

Coutureguru
Coutureguru

I tried this recently and I have to say that I really like it! I tried the EDP version ... it's longevity and sillage are great (one of the very few Guerlains that are on my skin) ... but I don't see myself adding it to my collection. Will have to regift the bottle that I bought :o/. I much prefer Piguet's Visa which has the same basic structure, but is more intense ... and ultimately, more gratifying. This is just a personal observation, I prefer my rose a little more lush and opulent and unfortunately the musk is a bit too rampant, annoyingly right at the very end ... another reason Idylle should stay on the store shelf.

mylancome

For EDP: At first i though it was too pricey for a rose scent, with plenty of similiar version like NR & Chloe EDP. After wear the miniature for sometime, found this is a high quality perfume that worth the price:

Reason 1: The smell doesn't change or turn nasty sour like my Chloe EDP, smell inoffensive to people with sensitive nose. Good to use when go to place with lots of people.

Reason 2: The perfume chemistry is very stable, it won't change into something nasty. I learn this from using Sisley perfume. This define the price value.

Reason 3: Light but lasting, office friendly, and suitable for evening event, also upper class event. Multi-purpose perfume. Again, worth the money.

Reason 4: You don't need a strong and fancy perfume to make yourself special. The Aristocracies actually like this kind of smell, makes you friendly and easy approchable.

Apparently my latest signature fragrance didn't sell so well where I live, because I rarely if never come across another wearer and this makes me even happier with it! I hate when people smell like me!
This has become a signature and also an intimate scent for me because my bf likes it! A miracle.
The more I smell it the less I compare to other scents like NR EdT which I also love, but they are different.
The only complaint with Idylle is that it smells less sophisticated than my past fave fragrances, more modern, yet more complex than the majority of perfumes around. It smells very fresh on my skin soon after spraying, quite rosy but not as a rose scent.
Then it settles sweeter and sweeter (not foody, thanks god!) in a musky/vanilla way that makes it perfect for autumn and also winter (mmm... L'instant is sometimes better in winter with ambery basenote). Patchouli is kept fresh and tamed, no pungent hippie dirty edge from overpowering patchouli! Great!
I received very positive comments on how I smell from young ladies who wanted to know what it is.
I'm a long time admirer of anything Guerlain and I still think you need to find your own Guerlain.
Mine was Samsara for many years, but it makes me sad now. L'Instant smells very heavy and greenish but its ambery drydown is to die for in winter cold. L'Instant Magique is another fave of mine, very strong anise-almond-powder. My bf doesn't like it. I keep it for private moments and memories. He doesn't like beautiful not so modern Jardins de Bagatelle (he's kind of pain in the a§§ sometimes, LOL!)
So now Idylle is my perfume and I love it!

Edit. I still enjoy wearing Idylle! I smell a musky edge that seems to me more refined than most musks around. I don't smell a cloud of lily-of-the-valley.
Then a friend of mine, without even knowing, sniffed me and said: "Mmm... lily-of-the-valley! I love it!"
She has a great nose!
Well... it's nice yes, but not my favourite flower.
I hope there is more to smell here.

SPHINX
SPHINX

Wanted to like this, but after the second day of trying I gave up. It just smelt like old lady on me, the sweetness burst my head open and afterwards I was left with a real old lady smell that reminded me of visiting a retirement villiage. My mum however is mad about it and it smells beautiful on her. Sadly not for me.

Nemigaite
Nemigaite

I love it. I wore it om my wedding day, adorable smell, so rich and powerful. And the title really matched the mood :)

elisabethgenest
elisabethgenest

Im wearing it right now and it really reminds me a lot of the Narsico Rodriguez perfume. Both are gorgeous scents but i would say that this one is a lot lighter and the Narsico Rodriguez one to be muskier. Enjoy, this is lovely ;)

Oh, I so want a full bottle of this one and possibly also a fb of Stella McCartney!
Going on spraying from testers and samples I ended up feeling affectionate to this little shining gem!
It's true, it's not an old style Guerlain, but this is not maybe a bad thing. I love Nahema, I loved vintage Samsara and L'Heure Bleue. I could get decant of them for my own pleasure, but Idylle is indeed more modern with all the good and bad.
I got complimented about this by many girls around and also my bf didn't complain and didn't call Idylle "just another one of your granny's closets" ehm...
He actually asked me if I was wearing NREdT as that's one of the few scents he can recognise and call by name. He's quite right in a sense because the musky base in Idylle recall NR EdT but it's sweeter, while top notes are similar to NR EdP (which I don't like at all) but much less pungent and more dewy.
He also likes Stella, so we are gently moving to perfume tastes sharing :-)
I will have him giving me a bottle for... ehm.. his birthday?? Come on, I cannot wait for mine! LOL!

To Jazzy76:
Anche a me piace l'EdT ma la trovo troppo leggera e fresca come versione, molto luminosa ma più adatta alla primavera ed estate. Adesso voglio l'EdP e su di me per fortuna il mughetto se ne sta abbastanza tranquillo!

Jazzy76
Jazzy76

Preferisco la versione EDT, più calibrata....qui invece è troppo preponderante il mughetto (che io non amo affatto)

Amarylis
Amarylis

It starts with the ROSE.
Then a shower of flowers , of petals, of subtle yet incisive freshness, balanced by sensuality. A nectar of flowers, an ode to life and love, in the warm light of radiant jasmine and the darker warmth of chypre, and the musk, like the scent of cashmere on the skin, a comfortable, intimate, physical sensation.

smellME
smellME

Idylle starts sharp and flowery, goes softer with hints of musk sailing by. It resembles Rodrigues For Her and SJP Lovely in some ways but as said,
sharper at the top note, the middle seems to disappear right into a velvety finish that I like much better and there it differs from the above two. I like it but Idylle doesnt stick out from the rest on the market in the category flowers and musk.
Had to wash it of as it started to itch my nose.
so this is a no purchase for me and my sample was packet in a swap last night...

tfaye706
tfaye706

Oh my....this perfume is soo sensuous and intriguing at first smell I was put off then it dried down to this amazing scent of lovely musk and flowers VERY creamy not gourmand or sweet just very sexy and sensual. like a well dressed executive refined from top to bottom. Guerlain has done it again......it wafes on the skin ever so gentle but demanding attention this a signature perfume especially if you want all the men to fall at your feet and melt when you walk in the door all heads will turn ladies this is a keeper very pricey but well worth it ..

Necabel
Necabel

Probé Idylle en una tienda y me disgustó mucho. Sin embargo esta semana mi madre me regaló una muestra que le habían dado y he quedado desconcertada. El perfume es muy completo, cálido, sensual e intrigante. Aunque no acaba de ser mi estilo me atrae bastante. Creo que en el futuro volveré a probar una muestra para ver si puedo salir de esta incertidumbre.

***

Idylle tried in a store and I was very upset. However this week my mother gave me a sample that had been given and have been puzzled. The perfume is full, warm, sensual and intriguing. Although it was just my style attracts me a lot. I think in future I will again try a sample to see if I can get out of this uncertainty.

meret
meret

Ohh, I'm so surprised! I haven't smelt anything so mature, rich and undeniably feminine before. To my embarassment I'm realising I have lack of experience and lots of modesty. Idylle is just grace in a bottle!

It's floral, but not simply floral. This floral is in full blooms, complex, luxurious, yet subtle. Strong and interesting floral notes in its heart I'd describe as lilies, irises, a hint of jasmine, and something I cannot detect. Mesmerizing. And this sensation lasts and lasts. It's elegant and very grown up, I almost believed there's a limousine awaiting for me at the front door to take me to the airport to my private jet while I was wearing it.

The dry down on my skin was gorgeously soft and sweet, like the most expensive musk and vanilla blended together. I know, I've said it before, but seriously - I think this perfume is better than anything I've ever tested in my life (exept for my moms Climat perhaps). It suited to my skin so perfectly, smoothly, made it simply glow and soak it all up, gratefully.

It made me smell and feel gracious. It was a revelation that something can be so sophisticated... It's quality for me.

Then again, the dry down on my cuff was stronger than on my skin. On fabric it lost its vanilla note very fast and turned into a masculine scent. So I suspect this fragrance develops very differently depending on ones chemistry or whether it's worn on skin or textile.

EDIT:
After the second try - it's sharper and stronger than I remembered. And the dry down got rather masculine and leathery also on my skin. :( I might be second guessing now....

zabica
zabica

My first impression was that this reminded me of something! Something = Flying fox pulse balm from Lush, as well as Givenchy - Organza.

It's a splash of flowers, mixed with some tea notes (guess I get this from lily of the valley). Afterwards, I smell some pleasant jasmine notes. Not too harsh, pretty intimate, so Guerlain. Still, too flowery and too light for my taste, I like'em loud!

mademoiselle-c

What a beautiful fragrance!

I sprayed this on at Holt today and I do not know if the tester was bad but it smelt like bananas. I did not like it very much at the store.

The saleswoman gave me a tester and I sprayed it on after a shower and my goodness! What a gorgeous lily of the valley scent. It goes on with a bit of a Diorissimo air but quickly adds a bit of rose to make a perfect blend.

The dry down is fantastic. The hint of peony with the must is alluring.

Another masterpiece for Guerlain. Beautiful!

C xx

Insolent
Insolent

Not my usual kind of fragrance but a very good example of it's kind. I may buy a small bottle for more sophisicated occasions. Rich heady floral with warm undertones. Lasting power is very good and a tiny amount goes a long way.

Mylancome! Thank you for addressing me!
You name quite a few good reasons and you're absolutely right: current tastes are different! Perfumery industry follow trends and at the same time they set trend so it's like a circle.
Apparently I'm a nostalgic oldie, haha!
Anyway Samsara was much better when it costed 1/4 and it became very expensive when the special pricey sandalwood was dismissed and replaced with cheaper one. How is it?
If you like Guerlain it is worthy to try Idylle. It's a nice scent and more modern than Shalimar. Or is it just a matter of memory? Perfumes that have been around for so many years and for some good reason are quite stuck in people's mind as the "smell of grand-mother". I don't think that L'Heure Bleue was considered "granny" back in the '20s! It was actually a daring scent for confident ladies who could afford it. I tried it again in EdT new formulation a few months ago and was in delight... but a girl about 28 told me: "Oh, no! This stinks like old granny stuff! Don't buy it! Buy D&G Light Blue instead!"
I think she's right in her own and a mirror of our times.

mylancome

Mellyhelly: Sorry to hear your disapointment on the current pefumery industry. There's plenty of reasons that the classic perfume is not intense as it use to be like, difficult of harvest of raw material, increase of material cost, international banning on using certain ingredient, animal welfare, changing of market trend/consumer's preference.
Consumers' preference affect the most, about 80% of people doesn't like strong scent like the old days, they refer that as granny taste. Only minority of people like the real classic, but business wise, of course they would go for the 80% market share.
For your budget issue, i suggest you get various of miniatures, use them randomly to see which is you like the most, then on the next purchase, get the largest size of your fav scent. I did that too.
As for Idylle, i like this one, it smell luxury and femine. Don't know about the lasting power, will try my miniature to see how it goes. If i'm satisfied with the lasting power, it will be my 2nd perfume. I heard the sales girl said this one is more expensive than Shalimar. So i have higher expectation on this one.

I'm on a fence with Idylle. I like it, I have a few sample of EdP and everytime I pass by a counter I spray some on my skin.
I always loved Guerlain and I've been a massive Samsara's wearing for many years, then dismissed because I felt it too strong and flat (compared to vintage) and also for memory reasons.
Anyway Guerlain is not what it used to be. Watered down masterpieces, change in great ingredients, so many Aquas thrown on market...
Now I need a signature fragrance for fall winter, as usual a complex fragrance that defines me to myself and others, so I considered Samsara again in EdP as long as I can stand the memory thing or another Guerlain. L'Instant Magique is beautiful, but was a period of my life, L'Instant regular is a little bit suffocating... so Idylle? Well... yes, it could be. I like it very much especially in EdP, also EdT for hot weathear. Still, something brakes me from buying. It is as if new launches can't grab my attention and love. Ydille is a lovely peony-lily mix with a strong quite creamy musk base (less creamy than NR EdT), not too flat, romantic and with some passion, very discreet and elegant, but surely present.
Anyway there is something I cannot name that doesn't convince me to make an alliance with this "new" perfume of mine.
Maybe I need time. It often works this way with a Guerlain, as far as these new ones can be considered "real" Guerlain.
I have no money to splurge on perfume now and I have a full closet of other scents, included beautiful simple and uplifting Fleurs d'Oranger by Fragonard in FB or a large sample of Guerlain Mandarine Basilic (lovely for hotter days, one of the few Aquas that make sense to me). I will go on for a while with those and I will keep spraying Idylle from testers ;-)
I will see when money comes in what to do with a FB.

sofiii
sofiii

Idylle is one of the perfumes I really don’t know should I like or hate, but one thing’s for sure, I keep on coming back just to ease my curiosity and reinforce my memory of this scent. Idylle is nice (on the good days when it behaves on my skin), but it’s not one of those perfumes great enough to give me a ‘wow…’.

The scent starts really oddly ‘fresh’, it’s like a little bit dirty fruity rose-y water infused with pear. Somehow the pear should make it fresh and sparkle, but due to the dirty undertone (similar to those ‘skanky’ yet a bit addictive musky smell I find in SJP lovely).

Later on, Idylle blooms with the ‘skanky’ undertone fades to near disappearing. Somehow it feels like a really refined, a bit stem-y rose scent with a bit earthy patchouli thrown in.

Just when I though maybe the skanky-smell will be gone forever and the perfume actually smells nice, the skanky musky smell’s back and haunting. As the perfume gets tamed, flatter and warmed up, there’s this weird quasi-fruity sweet powdery sweetness (which also present in Insolence, but it’s more fluffy, soft and warm in a cuddly way in Insolence) plus the SJP Lovely musky undertone. This combo makes Idylle somewhat smells invasive to my nose, it smelt like something weirdly vegetation-y green with an odd mouldy twist. Yet I’m still sniffing my wrist because it’s just so damn strange and I’m intrigued (even though I don’t like it).

Try before you buy! It’s not really a Guerlain-y perfume to my nose. Due to my personal preference, I wouldn’t recommend this to other people. However, if you like SJP Lovely or Narciso Rodrigouz for Her, maybe you’ll like Idylle.

whiten
whiten

as soon as I find a good deal about it here, I'll buy it. possible signature material for me. I love its smokiness, a touch of rose+patchouli but mostly it is a sweet-smoky flower bouquet, for winter fall, for me.
update: I detected rose+patchouli in this? wow, I had a nose!:D then guerlain released a rose+patchouli edition, ehehe :D but what I used to like, now irritates me a bit, too smoky now too much patchouli. it is funny to see that I didn't always hate patchouli...

Henriette
Henriette

I think there are few people in the world who would really want to love this scent like I would. No way. I find no soul in it, no character, no personality. It's so far from what Guerlain use(d) to be. I might be boring but why, oh why Parure has been discontinued? Why L'Heure Bleue is so hard to find? Why Vol de Nuit is more hidden than a pharao's tresure?
Guerlain was the niche perfumery made accessible to everybody; now the latest creations are leading to cheap market not in terms of money but in terms of what they have to offer. I feel betrayed. Not to mention Mitsouko being reformulated ... but that's another (very sad) story in the Guerlain recent book after very glorious chapters.

perfumeholic88
perfumeholic88

I had just sample of this sent but I really like it. It suits perfect for me. It´s sexy and elegance.

tjjbjaeg
tjjbjaeg

on paper I was charmed. On my skin....some brief rose and peony, no lily of the valley and then musk, musk, musk, musk... and hours of un-ending musk. Seven hours after trying this it is still pushing musk into the atmmosphere. All depends if you like musk I guess. I will not be buying.

saidah
saidah

long lasting. in my collection as well. use it not so often as i thought but like it

MizLiz
MizLiz

Oh, Idylle. Sometimes it seems that no one loves you but me. A cursory sniff might lead one to conclude that this is just another soapy-pink-musky Narciso Rodriguez rewind/replay. But look closer. The luscious, yet transparent roses. The touches of lily of the valley, freesia, and lilac. The patchouli and musk base that has caused more than one man to swoon, asking me what is that perfume I'm wearing? Which brand again? Where can I buy some? Idylle doesn't shout: It whispers. It has a lot of charm for a light floral musk of which there are so many these days. Next time you see a tester, listen (or rather, smell) closer. You might be in for a surprise!

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

Oh dear, opening blast of lily of the valley and then more lily of the valley...some musk...and I have to give up. Somewhere in the middle it does smell a little bit like Narciso Rodriguez. But to be fair, lily of the valley hates me and always overshadows everything else - if it does this to you too then I would spare your nose.
In the bottle, on others, this really is a very elegant scent, very feminine, very floral. Sophisticated too, but not in a try-too-hard way at all. My one qualm would be that it does remind me of Narciso Rodriguez EDP and Chloe EDP.

lylianas2002
lylianas2002

Totaly agree with user derkargy, it reminds the Narcisso Rodriguez for Her. Very pleasent scent, maybe, a bit sweeter then NR though. Can not say much about the dry down notes, about staypower etc., since I just tried it in the shop.

treenhe
treenhe

this is just pure lily of the valley to me. after a few hrs there is the slightest hint of peony but not enough to change the scent or appeal to peony lovers. this is a deeply unsatisfying review because i feel neither love or hate for this perfume, it's just 'ok'. on a young woman i imagine it would be fresh and an antidote to all the sweet syrupy fragrances that are en vogue and to an older woman it would be elegant, classic and timeless. on me, it is a bit like i've sorted through my mother's dressing table and used her old lily of the valley cologne. a bit too linear and dated for me.

derkargy
derkargy

It reminds me of Narcisso Rodriguez first fragrance a bit.

zoetegoed
zoetegoed

too much flowers for me
especially Lily of the valley stays very dominant

yanavan
yanavan

This one is amaizing! Rose and piony is the top notes that come to my nose and the fragrance is so gentle and femenie...it would definetly fit to romantic girl/woman.
adore 'piony' so it is 100% mine!Very cosy fragrance.

Fizzy
Fizzy

Yes, you are so right Habanita, this EDP smells really like cat´s pee!! Normally I love Guerlain so much, but this one is flop.

Princess Dana
Princess Dana

I smelled the scent of this beautiful perfume when my cousin splashed some on her neck, I asked her "what is this divine smell?!" She said "Guerlain perfume Idylle"

That was it!! I wanted the perfume the minute I smelled it!

This perfume is a must!

Rouu
Rouu

I want to LOVE Idylle !!! truly .., there is something about this fragrance , stops me from falling in luve , such a magnificent creation , catches up my nose at 1st whiff .but (as i used to buy now &regret later) i realized its not for me, very FLORAL , an ideal floral scent,imagining a non-labeled vial of Idylle mostly i would say OH, WOW nice vintage DIOR .. its all about flashing back early 70's may be or even earlier ..ideal floral scent , very elegant ,sophisticated ,good quality and classic .
let me ask how many perfumers really end up doing work that is worthy of their talents??!! Idylle is a Guerlain release its all about perfection here . WELL MADE creation . amazing attractive bottle , long lasting fragrance with a great silage ..

for me Idylle is a '' ONE '' use fume , like 70's rock song comes up on the radio capturing ur hear at once may be feeling free on ur mind for the next 3 days then ..(.......)nothing .. THE END .
i wish i could enjoy my 50 ml bottle ! but its not my cup of tea .this one just doesn't meld on my personality at all.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

I finally tried it this morning. Got myself an EDP 100ml bottle purchased in dark and I am happy to have it in my collection. Having said that, there is something in this fragrance that seems to bother my nose. Apart from litchi, rose and lily of the valley being the most prominent notes, there is something that makes me think twice about the juice. It is something like a dusty piece of metal, how hard it is to describe some of our olfactory experiences! I wish I could be more specific but perhaps, I just need to let the fragrance grow on me and understand it a bit better the more often I wear it.
I shall come back to my review in a couple of weeks then :-)
For now, it is a YES fragrance for me, I just need to define the note that keeps bothering me...
The bottle, however, is a work of art :-)

Siv55
Siv55

To quote from above, this perfume was created "to express an ambiguity of feeling. - the inexpressible idea was expressed, tender and ethereal, sensuous and romantic, fleeting and eternal." same old cobblers, arse from elbow, something and nothing, whatever..
I personally don't find this very sweet, but perhaps in the same kind of way people who habitually have three sugars in their tea finds half a teaspoon undiscernible. And I don't smell much rose! Rather more peony and spicy patchouli. There's something of Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers about this, to my nose, but less creamy. Overall, this smells quite classic and blended, individual notes don't really stand out.
On the sample card it says;
"Idylle, a love reverie for one day or forever."
What? I know a lot of big new releases err on the generic side for safety, but this is ridiculous. A one night stand or a marriage, or just a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, this could be anything apparently. I would rather it declared it's love forever and tried to mean it, rather than this wimpy little sentiment from commitment phobic marketing suits :(
The bottle is lovely :)

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

To me, Idylle is sharp seductive rose all the way. Strong, mature and beautiful, I think this is perfect for the day.

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

Don’t really understand the negative reviews.

I’ve used a 1ml sample, and I’m clear to say Idylle Guerlain is a gorgeous scent in every aspect. It starts with sweetness from high quality rose essence and delicious litchi, closely followed by white lilies, also includes a wild fresh scent from lily-of-the-valley. The freesia is well mingled here, which adds a transparent crystal feel into the flower party.

Idylle is another masterpiece from nose Thierry Wasser. A genuine luxury floral fragrance. A must-have for all exotic and independent women. Apparently this perfume features ROSE, if you love rose dominated fragrance like Chloe EDP or Stella, don’t miss a try on Idylle. Highly recommend it.

Nikka Miró
Nikka Miró

Scent of a rich woman

ezdravkova

on my skin it is exactly like Yves Rocher's Comme Une Evidence 8-)

Solvita
Solvita

Nice perfume,sweet,floral,elegant.But I find it too simple.

K1
K1

My horrible memoirs of this smell prevents me to rate it as it deserves, but try to judge fairly.
It opens sweet and heavy but evokes feminine youth and elegance. Its bottle shows it age group; 25~40. It opens too floral but in dry down its floral mood will turn to blossomy and lighter aroma; it few words: yummy and gourmand dry down! It's too chic and I think not good for casual but for official and parties it's perfect. Also terribly perfect for wedding parties. It turns the noses to you even if heads resist!!!!
This one displays a naughty girl in an remarkable dress. A girls who have lots of men following her sillage fighting with each other! Extremely charming and misleading! So sexy and sophisticated! It scents classy and rich.
...and my bad memories: It has a strong chemical smell at the opening which is like fiber glass that we use to make a stick of to repair our boats. Of course fiber glass smells too sharp and annoying but when it curves in your memory you can discern its dry down. I hate fiber glass smell! Wish it hadn't it.

longevity 8/10
sillage 9/10
scnet 7/10

panthere
panthere

I have the weirdest relationship with this perfume. When i test to smell off paper my nose seems to crinkle up in disgust and i give an instant eeew. On paper i can instantly pick out the combination notes of litchi, raspberry and rose. This combination of notes personally give me an olfactory overload!. Howerver when this hits my skin in seems to meld in with my body chemistry and smells really beautiful and suits me well!. my 14 year old son reckons this one smells great on me and suits me. My son is my biggest perfume critc and would have no hesitation on giving his honest opinion on whether a perfume smelt good or bad!. He knows what suits me.:)

LaPetite
LaPetite

I have tested and enjoyed it quite a long time ago.
Recently i bought "Comme Une Evidence" from Yves Rocher , which i really loved quite immediately too. And i didn't make the connection right away , but today , i have tested Idylle again at the perfume store , and it seemed SO obvious to me that it is very much like Yves Rocher's "Comme une Evidence " !!! My friend who was with me agreed to ! It is even more obvious with the EDT version of Idylle ! I guess it's the Lily of the Valley notes that they have in common which make me think this.
However, Idylle is deeper, more down to earth , than "Comme Une Evidence", but very alike still .
Since i already have a bottle of "Comme Une Evidence" i'm not buying Idylle quite soon , But maybe someday.

delphine67
delphine67

For me Idylle is the sister of Narciso Rodriguez. A flowery musk, but this perfume is a little more fruity.
If you like Narciso I think you will like this one to

mjb28
mjb28

EDP review...

This is a perfume with a class! I love it.

Very feminine, warm, sophisticated and it gives you a sensational allure that is unforgettable. I can say it can be level to Chanel’s or Dior's. This is well made, refine, romantic, elegant and luxurious with great lasting power especially EDP. While EDT, is lighter, delicate, airy but less character compared to the EDP. Both very expensive but it's a good quality perfume with a great character that is beautifully made. Very Captivating!

cdz28
cdz28

Such a pretty bottle for such a disappointing fragrance.

Idaspe
Idaspe

it just HAD to have a big load of patchouli and litchi !!! :)) Even Thierry Wasser couldn't abstain himself from puting those two in large amounts in a perfume. Nuff said about it... dissapointing.

krissycat
krissycat

I typically do not enjoy Rose Scents, but this one is an exception. I don't smell it and get a blast of rose, what I smell is just perfect. Yes, I smell a scent of rose, but just enough to make this fragrance even softer and sweeter and not in your face. I really like this one.. so glad I bought it. I like it like I do Very Irrisistable by Givency. That too is rosey in scent, but not overpoweringly so. Idylle is much more mature then Very Irristable in my opinion, and I think a little more elegant.

Bethesda

I've been wearing this perfume most days since Christmas and I think it's already a classic in my collection. It looks, smells and makes you feel expensive and sophisticated. What I love the most is that the rose, jasmine, freesia, lily, musk and patchouli are all distinctly recognisable but they work together in total harmony as they melt into the skin. The floral notes are as noticeable as the musk notes hours later, unlike some perfumes that just leave a powdery musky base. I agree with the description above that it is indeed a sensuous fragrance!

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

really one oft the most beautiful scents i ever smelled, it's silky soft and strong at same time, it waves around you for hours and the scent reminds of heaven indeed. it opens sweet and tender, i can detect the lichi and rasperry, afterwards it beomes a little bit powdery with the white flowers, warmth up with freesia and a delightful sweet peony, slightly soapy and clean, with a musky base and barely detectable hint of patchouli to be unbelieveable sexy in a innocent way. love it! and my hubby does as well :P this scent can be worn from young to mature elegant ladies, it suits perfectly for day and night, very sophisticated and charming.
sillage great
lasting power good

mil1991
mil1991

this perfume is from heaven!very exclusive scent..got a sentiment value`s on it..my mum wear this , and i just love the expensive floral from it...but too pricey..

Helsinki
Helsinki

A soothing alliance between two classic notes,
rose & lily-of-the-valley.

Well done; easy to wear; light and feminine.
Idylle makes simplicity and elegance look easy.

Poetique
Poetique

A floral perfume par excellence, like a bouquet of the finest flowers freshly cut: elegant, highly sophisticated yet simple and well-balanced.

sweetpatchi

I know it's a great perfume..I adore it don't get me wrong...but it's my opinion that it isn't a great investment for me, if it is a geat investment for you then good for you....for that price, I'd rather buy jewelries or furniture. But since I said I adore it, I would be very glad if someone will give it to me as a gift 'coz I love it, I love the scent and the bottle. If I have hurt someone with my opinion well, this is just my opinion....thank's though for the info's and for your opinion:)

Tina_Salo
Tina_Salo

When I sniffed it today in Fann parfumerie /Slovakia/ one word came on my mind- Lucia.
To me it is like the same as Lucia from Oriflame, only a little bit more romantic and not so strong... Bottle is very cute. I like it but would not buy it...For me it is very average...Sorrryyy

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

I sniffed it 2 weeks ago at my fave perfume store, it smells wonderful. How do you call it? Grande! A luxurious perfume! I gave it to my best friend as her birthday present, and she loves it!

santana
santana

Initially first snif was Sharp,sweet & sexy bought it straight away a few weeks later it smelled stale n scented just old'

lilka
lilka

Idylle is my love at first sight or maybe smell?? I adore it!!!1

mimosabee
mimosabee

I really liked this one but not after the first spray. If you wait around 20 minutes its a shadowy, romantic and really poetic fragrance.

I don't know why but I envisioned a strawberry blonde woman in this fragrance's spirit.

Indeed, it does resemble For Her by Narciso...

sweetpatchi

why do they have to make this perfume very expensive? yes it is very beautiful but it's very exaggerated also for the cost...I mean it's not that unique...There are also unique perfumes but not as expensive as this one...I love it but maybe I will have it if someone give it to me as a gift....will not purchase sorry very expensive!

swedeangel

Waited a long time before I tested this one,a bit put off by the bottle that I find ugly and not fitting at all to this scent.
But now i have tried it ,and God is it beautiful! I dont like flowery scents much,find them often too sweet,too artificial ,to annoying and not FRESH in the way that a bouquet of real flowers are. found nothing that smelled like that im searching,that feeling when you put your nose into a big bouquet of feshly picked flowers,dewey ,lovely and so NATURAL.
Idylle is all of this!
Its a lovely dewey floral,mild discrete rose,a very natural lily of the valley,yes a fantastic beautiful garden ! And the drydown is breathtaking - round and mildly sweet ,so comfortable.

MirabelleJee

A rich floral scent, lily lovers will like it. The lily is more soft than in Penhaligon's Lily and Spice. But the scent itself makes me feel that I've smelled something very similar not once. A vial is enough, I won't by the large bottle for high price.

icekat
icekat

(This review is for Eau de Perfume)

IDYLLE is an elegant floral perfume. Despite the fair amount of rose in this perfume, it is the lily and lily of the valley that seem to be the central part of the fragrance. They bring fresh and youthful impression and remind me of a spring but it is not like the nature booming wild greenness. It is more like being at the classical music concert held outdoors in the well-groomed garden on a lovely evening in late May. This scent appears to be classy and elegant.

IDYLLE opens with the pink tender rose accented by fuzzy raspberry. The raspberry seems to add sweet berry accent to the opening but scent transforms quickly into the pure floral with the lily and lily of the valley being the centre of the composition. These two floral beauties bring fresh and spring feeling to the fragrance. The patchouli is barely detectable on my skin. The scent remains centered on the lily and lily of the valley but at times I could detect traces of peony. It is strange that I do not get much jasmine on my skin. The scent finally transforms into soft floral musk.

I had this perfume long before I joined fragrantica and discovered other wonderful floral scents. At the time when I purchased it I was drawn to the lily in this perfume (not exactly knowing that). My skin seems to have love relationship with the lily. I still agree that my instinct was right on this one. This scent smells divine on me. I consider it now a bit linear and less complex comparing to other floral fragrances I have but I still do love this one. In my opinion it is well done, elegant and pretty. The sillage is strong and longevity is medium.

dayena2003
dayena2003

It's a shame, I wanted it, but it's too expensive. In Central America, I have to pay more than $100 for it, and if you see the bottle, not much perfume in it. Not worth it, sorry, didn't even try it.

DeeDeelia

I find it sincere and sophisticated in its apparent simplicity. :)

Pasionaria
Pasionaria

I use it very often for its classic but glamourous scent!

DeeDeelia

@Cocomademoiselle, please think about the fact that we are not all the same and stop imposing to others what to ...love... For instance, I'm a dreamy person, I absoluttely adore Idylle! :)

DeeDeelia

It's funny that some find similiarities with NR, I fell in love with both of them at the same time, now I see why ^_^.

magda14012
magda14012

It is like taking a walk in the garden with flowers in bloom. Sensual, feminine classy scent. Shame it does not last long, though.

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

Hmmm...I sampled this before reading more than 1 or 2 reviews. Immediately upon application, I thought, "This is identical to Narciso Rodriguez." It was beautiful, very enticing, and quite elegant. Not as powdery for the first hour or so as NR is on my skin.

Several hours later, I've realized I like it so much more than NR...it smells less artificial, less synthetic. NR has a slight plasticky undertone that smells like that soft rubber some childrens' toys are made of...Idylle has none of this whatsoever. It is missing some of the musk of NR...but that is okay with me, as I find the floral combination to be quite sexy and classy yet still modern.

Pretty good longevity, lasts about 6-8 hours for me. I do have to say though, if I didn't know this was a Guerlain, I would argue until I was blue in the face that it wasn't...very different than most of their other fragrances.

xdaria
xdaria

IDYLLE.. it's like an aincent ritual. Its smell is like eternity, like life after death. Nice fragrance, but too floral for me.

I found Idylle by chance recomended by the wonderful Guerlain Claire Guerlain' representive at The Store In las Vegas, he recomended it over the phone when I discribed what my husband loved and what I was looking for! people ask me what am I wearing when I walk by and have had people follow me to give them the name, It is a wonderful very Lady like fragrance, it stays all day and it gives you a feeling of royalty.

guest_emma
guest_emma

A nice natural floral with slighlty fruity notes.
Could imagine it for many occassion, not only formal ones, as they are far more elegant perfumes imho than this one.
But the most REALLY surpriing fact about this perfume for me: YES, it is almost identical to Comme un evidence by Yves Rocher!
For this reaon, the poor longevity, and the fact that is a Guerlain and not cheap it disapointed me.
Comme un evidence (the perfume) lasted like 5 hours more.

fpih
fpih

Well, I agree that it smells very much like NR EDT which I used to own. But I consider it slightly more floral, with the musk less pronounced and thus more feminine and wearable than NR. This is just OK for me; not bad but not FB worthy either.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

Smooth the edges of Guerlain's Champs Elysees, add a drop of Nina Ricci's Premier Jour and a lot of lilies and there you have it, Idylle.
A chic floral perfume with nothing to distinguish itself in the crowd.

Maybe I am not a lily-of-the-valley fan. Maybe on another woman it becomes "idyllic". But I don't think I'm missing a cornerstone of perfumery here if I don't buy it, ok?

ezdravkova

this smelled very reminiscent from the very beginning, but only after half an hour (when the top notes faded - lily-of-the-valley to my nose) did I realize exactly what it was - a watered down version of Yves Rocher's Comme Une Evidence.. sprayed the latter on my latter wrist just to confirm - yep, we've got an exact match, only Idylle is lighter :)
I like both, but Comme Une Evidence has better staying power, so I'm probably going to stick with that :)
PS. I can find no resemblance whatsoever b/n Idylle and Narciso Rodriguez EdT (which I have)

Passionflower
Passionflower

Idylle is a pleasant floral scent, great for everyday wear for women who like something cheerful but not too out of the ordinary. It's allright, but not something I would buy.

natalia777
natalia777

It is very similar on Comme Une Evidence Limited Edition by Yves Rocher. Year of creation same. Both aromas are magnificent.

psychethos
psychethos

I have just bought this perfume and I love it. I'm not usually a fan of flowery perfumes, but this is absolutely an exception. It's such a perfect combination of all of my favourite floral scents, and so fresh. It is not even the slightest bit too sweet or artificial.

My boyfriend also adores it on me, and he is usually very apathetic about any scents that I wear.

melia
melia

I truly adore idylle. It opens with clean fresh flowers, while a dirty patchouli appears in the drydown. I don't agree this is 'just another fresh floral' as some may claim; it stays strong the whole time and gives you this certain (feminine) feeling, which most unimpressive fragrances lack. Of course it is expensive, but so is Chloé (another wonderful fresh sophisticated classy floral). I think they're both like investing in a good basic white tee; you know you're going to wear it a lot and it matches everything, so you better take one of good quality which feels awesome.

danimcneil
danimcneil

Idylle finally came to the Nordys in Utah and I jumped on it! First off, I was expecting the beautiful gold bottle to be metal, but its plastic. Still, the design of the Idylle bottle is gorgeous to me. The scent is very strong initially and gave an overall smell of bananas (weird, I know) But when the initial burst wore off, out came a wonderful, mature, silky, classy floral. And the patchouli doesnt ruin it! I would not wear Idylle, I feel I am too young for it. But it would smell fantastic on someone else. I would say it lasted a good 10 hours on my skin with not too much silleage.

9154mf
9154mf

This just smells like peaches to me, I know it doesn't even have that note so maybe im confusing it with the rose notes, but this smells very simple and doesn't stand out for me. It reminds me of the also awfully linear L'imperatrice by D&G. No sale.

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

From Artistic Bottle until Enchanting scent GUERLAIN knows what a lady wants and again a Respectable perfume with Perfect balance between Classic&Modern and a Bottle like a pure Jewel. Graceful,Feminine,Impressive,Floral,Fresh and Elegant.

Rich opening.This scent is a contrast between different flowers but Rose is sublime.It remindes me A little MAGNIFIQUE but this is GUERLAIN style a Particular style that not for Everyone.It makes Perfect harmony with a beautiful black dress and sparkly Jewels.

In my opinion IDYLLE is one of those you would not leave your wrist because You are addict with it.I would recommend it yo any Lady who is Looking for a Classy and Attractive scent for SPECIAL moments.Suitable for AUTUMN/SPRING and a Great surprise for Present too.

Sillage?Noticeable.

Longevity?One word Great.

Thank You GUERLAIN.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

Idylle to me is just a very ordinary floral fragrance, nothing more, nothing less. It's absolutely not a standout, special perfume and isn't worth even a fraction of its relatively expensive price tag. Even the bottle is nothing special and the lid is hard to get off!

I totally agree with one reviewer here who said that for the price of one bottle of this perfume you could buy several much nicer perfumes from less 'big name' perfume houses and, personally, I'd much rather do that than waste my money on such an ordinary, run-of-the-mill fragrance as this one.

cherubkiss
cherubkiss

A lovely floral fragrance, that draws compliments. The top note does have a soft raspberry and fresh flowers aroma. The lilly is dominant in the heart note. What I really love in this perfume is the drydown. Throughout this perfume, I can smell the most beautiful rose, its so soft and pure. I am not surprised that this perfume has won awards, it truly deserves them

Wim Janssens

Really, there is nothing NR for her about Idylle! I can't really smell any similarities!

mmizy
mmizy

I have a sample of this perfume and it is a lovely non offensive scent. It is flowery and powdery...reminds me of l instant magique but smooth and more well blended. Its a very nice everyday fragrance. It does remind me of NR as well...but i like this one better.

notme
notme

It is a very 'friendly' scent, it has no dominating note that would stand out 'violently'. It's warm, yet there is something that seems to stay in the shadow in this scent It gives the perfume a mystery note. This is a rather a fragrance prone to friendliness in any crowd or context in the benign sense.

vuelo
vuelo

...

...white graceful swan on a lake.

The trick is to spray lightly, spraying too much "bulks" the patchouli and ruins everything from top to base.

Not groundbreaking, true... but pleasent and feminine.

Yamba1
Yamba1

I'm not usually taken with florals but I like Idylle. It is a gentle and refined perfume with a creamy drydown. This will not offend anyone, so great for daytime or office. Staying power is good- by the end of the day I am still getting lovely wafts now and again, like wafts from a spring garden. Reminded me a little of Ralph Lauren Glamorous but that may be my memory playing tricks. I've enjoyed every spray.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

Idylle by Guerlain is a bouquet of fresh
flowers and a sublimated blend of
Bulgarian roses, married with a chypre
sensuality. In its jewel bottle, Idylle is a love
reverie for one day or forever.

StephD
StephD

i usually don't go for florals, but i can't stop smelling this each time i stop at my local store! so creamy, soft, comforting. it evokes high class and feminity. it's very charming. i imagine an innocent, playful-looking brunette with an aura of mysticism behind her smile, like she has a special secret. i'm not sure if this one is for me though- too classy, and very expensive.

Guerlain IDYLLE is likeable enough, but it strikes me as largely redundant: yet another lightly fruity floral with a dominant patchouli core.

Neither original nor exquisitely composed of niche-quality notes, IDYLLE is simply not worth the price. I find this fragrance pleasant and entirely wearable but not worthy of the illustrious name Guerlain, which sadly is changing its meaning with each new disappointment produced by a company now apparently more interested in business than in the art of perfume.

In the case of IDYLLE, there is nothing new here at all, and my distinct impression is that the marketing gurus at Guerlain simply decided to tap into the post-ANGEL rampant patchouli frag fad.

If someone gave me a bottle, I'd wear it, but I won't be making any effort to add IDYLLE to my collection, although I do admit that this is the best of the recent bunch of Guerlain releases--it's just that the competition is not that stiff...

zaramona
zaramona

I got a sample of this one finally and snifed it deeply.Very powerful bright sunny scent,felt walking in a garden full of roses and sipping a mild sweet drink.Then it was a little difficulte to breath so stoped snifing and tested on my skin.Dry down is a little woody which i didnt expect but somehow nice.I am not sure about buying a bottle even though its quiet remarkable and chic on any kind of shelves.Considering the price, lasting power is weak on my skin. Waiting to see what happens...

guest_alexanna7
guest_alexanna7

Idylle won two fifi awards!uk.france.voila.but the notes seems a bit like emporio diamonds armani.lychee.rose.raspberry.nice!

belissena
belissena

I think it's gorgeous, floral without being harsh and cold. Idylle makes me think of dewy flowers in the morning. perfect for spring rainy days (like today!)

Catnip
Catnip

It must be spring! Only spring can make me crave creamy florals. I confess I turned my nose up at Idylle when it came out last fall. It was so “not me,” it was too flowery… Well, I accidentally received a sample of the fragrance a week ago and while I wasn’t mesmerized by it, I was surprised by how well-behaved the scent is. It is said that Idylle is developed around a rose and, yes, the rose is certainly there. It is, however, tastefully balanced with some other dreamy notes of flowers along with white musk (the patchouli lends an interesting depth without playing a major role).

I adore the scent of lily of the valley in real life, but I usually detest it in perfumes because it could smell synthetic or overdone. Here, the lily of the valley is fairly prominent among the other flowers and is gentle and natural. The rose is almost dewy, with some curious tartness on the edges.

Even if someone doesn’t like Idylle, I cannot imagine that they would find it offensive. It is an extremely feminine fragrance which, indeed, behaves like a perfect lady. You could spot her in a crowd: She is the one wearing a modern-tailored, flower-patterned dress, with a string of small pearls around her neck. Ah, I want to be like her—only perhaps not too often.

The sillage is good for this fragrance, and it lasts fairly long on me.

katusha
katusha

An exelent present for Rose fans. There is some mystery in untransparent bottle.

jae
jae

This fragrance has been beaten and battered on this site. But it has been very kind to me. This is very pretty, in a mature way. Somehow, I believe that if a fragrance isn't an American powerhouse, it is often dismissed as boring or weak. In my opinion and on my skin, this is a beautiful, well-mannered floral. This isn't for the beach, the club or just for hanging out. This is for cordial events. A special fragrance for special moments.

guest_nosmia
guest_nosmia

soo many reviews for an ordinary and dull floral fragrance, since it is the Guerlain house I guess..It is too much jasmine,lilac and narcissus to me, nothing more, I don't get the rose. And it doesn't differ much through the dry down. It is a floral scent but a strong one so not for a teenage but for a mature woman who likes florals of course. Longevity is good though..

schon dayana
schon dayana

First time I smell this ferfume last year: too common/comercial, out from my list, then,
I got few miniature for this perfume few days ago when I buy Eau de Shalimar 2009, and I'm wearing it now to make sure weather I want to buy the big bottle or not. I love the smell of lily so much and maybe thats why I like it better than before. It makes me feel more feminine. But I'm not addicted to it, thats a problem (wonder if its bcoz I'm a classic perfume lover). Will wear it for few days and update.

17/4 update:
I'v tested NR for her, yes it's almost the same. But as a Guerlain's perfume lover I proudly say that Idylle is much more better/perfect. It has the weight and also rich so it breaths slowly. Very sophitiscated perfume. Imagining a tall and beautiful woman, curl brown hair, wearing gold color dress sit on red velvet chair in a ballroom., big chandelier, classical music and champaign.
I might wear this perfume to dinner or special occasion, but for everyday use, I dun think so. Maybe not yet.

Poline
Poline

I loved your article on Guerlain Idylle . Love your passion for fragrances especially Guerlain House and the poetic description of ingredients, bottle design. When sniffing Idylle It was fascinating to discover the balance between the floral harmony and the chypre facet .I really love Idylle ,as I am a chypre fragrance fan but also enjoy a beautiful floral bouquet with a fresh lily of the valley aspect. The first sniff of the fragrance reminded me of my grandmother flower garden. It is beautiful how perfumery can take you back to places and dear memories .I agree with the fragrance being shared and consider that a fragrance should be enjoyed, breaking the gender barrier .I think sensuality is a dominant facet of the fragrance and please correct me if I’m wrong which is actually more of a question that statement.... does the fragrance have indole ? And is this what makes the fragrance so sensual?
Kind Regards,

MirabelleJee

I've tested it recently and found it nothing special and unusual. Another average luxury expensive fragrance for unreasonable price. I can buy lots of interesting and unusual niche fragrances for such price and I don't want to pay for ads and brand name.
And the whole city will wear it soon. Hooray!

guest_Anne.
guest_Anne.

This is such a classy and beautiful perfume. I find it fresh and cetainly different. I can smell individual flowers, the rose, jasmine and berry are dominant, yet beautifully blended. I like it layered with the body lotion, it is just heaven and makes me feel so fresh and lovely.

bamboowu
bamboowu

I absolutely LOVE this fragrance, I literally can't keep my arm away from my nose.

Idylle by Guerlain to me is a perfect floral. I can smell the rose, the lily-of-the-valley, and lilac. I LOVE the soft lilac and rose combination. The flowers in this one are perfect, like rose petals. Such fresh smelling flowers, to me like a breath of fresh spring air. I also love the sweetness of the berry aroma. Guerlain has really impressed me with this one. The name suits it perfectly!

I think this is a very lovely fragrance suitable for any time, day or night and for any event. All age groups as well.

This is truly beautiful, it is hard to type with one arm at your nose...lol...but seriously, a glorious fragrance I plan to never be without. Very classy, sophisticated, and elegance at it's best.

Lasting power is great (10 hours) and so is the sillage. I recommend trying this one if you haven't yet.

My rating for this one is 10/10!

ElenaLondon
ElenaLondon

I really like this fragrance. It is cheerful and unpretentious . I would call it an illegitimate child of Guerlain .
I bet that all of us have moments when we can't be bothered to dress-up. As long as it's clean , comfortable and no need to be ironed. As for me Idylle is exactly the fragrance for these moments.

I can easily detect lily -of- the- valley, rose, peony . This combination is so fresh and easy to wear for me.
Musk and patchouli do ground this carefree child called Idylle reminding us about the general conception of Guerlain sensuality.
Overall.... Recommended!

Julce
Julce

It's fresh and floral.I can smell a strong flavor of Lily-of-the-Valley.I think spring is a great time to use it. But despite this it seems too simple for me.

guest_Allice
guest_Allice

How come the reviews that say that a certain perfume smells bad or is a waste of money get hidden in this site?? I don't get it. I mean,aren't we supposed t osay what we think about perfumes so other people know before they buy?!...

Some people on this site are over sensitive. I do not feel the person the previous reviewer mentioned was not getting at you personally, or other critics. You really need to get a fragrance that will make you chill. This fragrance is beautifully blended and in my opinion pure class.

guest_adonya
guest_adonya

to Aphrobaby:

everyone is entitled to their opinion, honey. just because you like this frag, that doesn't mean it's a masterpiece and everyone must love it. just the way you like this frag, some people don't. some people criticize the perfume which is ok, but you criticize the people that criticize the perfume which is not ok.

Madhavi
Madhavi

This one is a lovely fragrance for me with the notes of florals.
I get a sample of this and I`m so glad to go buy one of 50ml or 100ml

guest_GINA
guest_GINA

OH MY GOD,I LOVE THIS PERFUME!!!!IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES AND ON MY SKIN ITS SEXY AND AMAZING!!!!!!THANK YOU GUERLAIN ITS ONE OF THE BEST FLORALS!

Lady Venomtongue
Lady Venomtongue

oh yes , can't agree more with dear Aphrobaby member.
Idylle is perfect for my taste with big freshly blooming roses & highly accented note of the grand favourite Llly of the valley along other fresh & less intensified floral naunces .
its very beautiful , soft & nostolgic creation , something very old aged about it that truely shines & thrives in its modern suit .
with fundamentally imbued classicim & timeless elegence its deeply unique in today's world of perfumes that has been drowned with such pitiful sickly sweety immensely weak underwhelming concoctions.
Last but not least , with good sillage & passable longevity . hoping all floral lovers out there enjoy this unabashedly Feminine dream .

guest_phoenix
guest_phoenix

Simplesmente Amei!!
bastou um toque dele na minha pel, para me sentir super Sensual.
Vou comprar sempre!!

Aphrobaby
Aphrobaby

I don't understand why some people are so hard and critical of this fragrance. It's definitely yet another masterpiece by the house of Guerlain. Just because it's not as unique and different like Alien does not mean it's as bad and flat as some people on here make it out to be. I just so disagree because it is to me a perfect floral and righfully so it is called Idylle. It is a sweet nectar of flowers pefectly blended. This is the most expensive perfume I ever bought myself, but I have to say it is worth the money. There is something special about it and like no other. To me it is what the name itself means or implies 'Ideal'. An Ideal blend of a "heavenly" and sensual nectar from the goddesses themselves. It's simply delicious and ambrosial. It's beyond a fresh and invigorating smell of flowers it is also comforting to the sense of smell as well. It just makes you feel good and warm inside almost like a best friend. Perfect for a first date or an important occassion, when you want to feel important and beautiful. Mmmmm I especially love the Lily of the Valley that comes out of it, and the Rose and Jasmine that linger on. Fell in love with it at my very first sniff. This fragrance really has the best smelling flowers put together and in a way that creates heaven to the sense of smell. Any floral lover will not only appreciate it but also be most likely astonished by it. I was like omg I must have this fragrance, I also love the unique bottle, beautiful gold all around it; it is a classical and royal look. It looks stunning on a table. It is to the sense of smell what a fresh nectar of honey is to the sense of taste.

Hypnoticx
Hypnoticx

this scent is like heaven...
i remember the day i tested it
usually i dont like just florals
but when i sniffed it for the first
time it was like i was laying down
in a bed of wonderful smelling flowers

or just like i was entering the ballroom
with my stunning balldress and every eye directed on me...

like i said: heavenly scent, you should try it!

ananda
ananda

I took a trip in my memories with this perfume. It was spring, in my grandmother's country house. The air was fresh and invigorating after the rain and all the nature was delighted with the bliss that had fallen from the sky. I was about seven years old, my father took me for a walk under the sun, and we walked on the wet grass near the river, where you could see a lot of small trees. The jasmine one next to us exhaled the strong and natural aroma of the flowers. We stopped by this tree with yellow flowers, and there were a lot of them on the ground. My father took one of them, and it was filled with water, just like a small cup of rain, and took a little sip. I was so amazed like "Wow! I didn't know I could drink from a flower!" and I tried it too.
That's one of the most tender memories from my childhood, and that's all I could think about when wearing Idylle.
Very simple fragrance, I could only detect clearly the jasmine. Watery, wet jasmine.
Beautiful, simple, natural, unpretensious, pure and innocent. Not sophisticaed. Sophistication isn't a value here. Just the beauty of the scent.

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

Idylle: A perfume for the Deaf of Nose.

It may have started as a rose but it ended as a suet pudding...one of those huge steamed currant ones your mother threatened you with unless you behaved.

There's a curious undertone that reacts badly on my skin, and it turns up in all the Guerlain perfumes I've tried except the Aqua Allegoria collection.

Idylle blasts me with synthetic jasmine and finishes me off with the smell of a pair of freshly starched curtains... when I say 'Freshly,' I mean for 1945, when ironing was more complicated.

It smells cheap and horrible, which is tremendously unfair as it is in fact, expensive and horrible. Ick!

guest_Alice.E.

...and the right image for this is marilyn monroe in her 30s with streight hair, and wearing pearls. In the same gold drops sorroundings and with same "inlovy" message.

that would have been the perfect image for this perfume.

guest_Alice.E.

something is not whole in your soul and perception of quality if you can't appreciate at least in some ways this heavenly inlove scent...

andrew85
andrew85

horrible stuff. smells like a cheap floral air freshener. so cloying.. nasty stuff, from Guerlain I expected more than this floral disaster...

yvashche
yvashche

This is a really bland and uninteresting perfume. I tested it on my skin several times, and it just smells slightly sweet with some hints of non-sweet flowers, but it does not last long, does not have power and is not very original. Actually, I'll go as far as to say that it smells cheap.

perfumes_addict

idylle was a big disappointment for me. it doesn't have anything special but the bottle. when i saw it i thought to myself that this must be one luxurious and sophisticated perfume, when in fact it is very common, a little cheap and i can only smell the lilly in it. it's very long lasting but this is not sufficient for a perfume to be a hit. i don't understand its price either, it's absurd. what was guerlain thinking?

Shyn's Release
Shyn's Release

I totally love the bottle but the fragrance was not interesting.It doesn't last long on my skin.I will pass on this.

evamoon
evamoon

This is not a typical fragrance created by Guerlain. It smells to me like copy of Narciso Rodriguez for Her (or Lovely by SJP). I hate the smell of old human sweat (or old socks), which this fragrance evokes.

bronstein
bronstein

The comments below are not very enthusiastic about this one, and I'm quite with these comments. O can't notice anything special about it. I understand this is the 150th or perhaps even 300th scent produced by Guerlain? Seems like assembly-line work...

vincy_gal

The saleslady at the store today was really pushing this. It smells rosy on me...it's OK...but I'm not going 'wow'. It's nice...not sure I'd buy it...but it's not gross or anything.

Daria
Daria

I can't understand this fragrance,
horrible!
however The buttle is special
and I still don't get all the noise around this perufme.

baiba_pukite
baiba_pukite

Very lovely, with a dominant lilly of the walley note.. Smells a little cheap, though.. Nothing extra, just a nice, flowery scent. I like it, though :)

Wow what a mixed bag of opinions.
All I can tell you is that I got quite a few compliments while wearing it today. Scentastic. Well done Thierry and Guerlain. I envy your creative skill. May you bloom and grow

wild_strawberry
wild_strawberry

Nothing Espacially interesting, smells like multiflower bouquet, that's all. Lasting power isn't good.

simonac
simonac

I don't like the roses smells, but this parfume I love it!!!

Idylle is pretty but not very memorable. After the scent had disappeared from my skin I found it hard to recall.

A nice and what I'd call, safe blend of predictable florals. I can't say that I got much in the way of a 'perfect rose fragrance', the rose was overshadowed by the lily and freesia notes. Its simplistic composition would smell wonderful as a bar of soap but in a fragrance this is far too linear and common.

I must agree that this a very classy floral, it certainly smells expensive, but I just can't help feeling disappointed and coming to the conclusion that Idylle lacks character. Nevertheless, the sillage and lasting strength is good, and although I don't think this will be an overly popular scent, I do appreciate it for all that it is.

atenais_only
atenais_only

I like it and would add it to my collection. However i find there are too many flowers inside.
The bottle is great especially the small one, very useful for going out.

amber_glow
amber_glow

I tested this fragnace. The salesgirl told me that I would feel like having a shower of flowers when I spray it.. It was quite good but not as that fresh as I had expected...

After like 30 -45 min later, it turned into an old-fashioned powdery smell that I don't like. That powder smell stayed for a long time like 2-3 hours. But after that the scent turned into a very beautiful very sophisticated cool and feminine incence like scent. Imo, if there is a smell named "woman" that would definitely be it...

It has strong staying power of course. But for this powdery middle note I won't prefer to use. I might come back when I'm 40 (now I'm 32 lol). But body chemistry can differ a lot, so everyone should test it for themselves and see the result.

albatros
albatros

It's classy, sophisticate, mature, feminine, beautiful perfume with excellent staying power (around 12 hours). It smells expensive and it smells like NR but little more feminine.

ZiZu
ZiZu

I have tried this on a few hours ago, while also wearing Rose The One.This one is sweeter, more powdery and unfortunately does not last long.I can still smell Rose the One but Idylle is barely there.It did not make a great impression on me, though at first spritz I quite fancied it.Will give it another go since I was given a tester.I also believe that this perfume is suitable for more mature women (30+).
I tested it again and liked it much this time.It lasted more and decided to buy it.I like the fact that the rose in it smells very natural and not too heavy or too sweet.

guest_g.a.
guest_g.a.

I got it as a birthday gift today.at first I was realy dissapointed becase I dont like floral scents but after an hour it smells really good to me .fresh and nice

my first impression:this is a lovely floral perfume with strong,but mild rose note.not something classic,but a modern floral fragrance.
my second impression:Gosh!it smells exactly like soap!too much flowers.too much sweet,without any playful personality.
my third impression:this is where I smell some fruity hints.maybe it's peony that appears a bit late,but it's getting better again and the best point of it is sour fruit notes.this is where the description of nectar of flowers matches the perfume perfectly.
by the way the bottle looks a bit strange for me.definitely it's not a perfume for -35.

zvoncica
zvoncica

I didn’t want to test Idylle on the strip, I smelled it from the bottle and liked it. I sad to the sales lady: this is Guerlain, I want this on my skin. I caught clean, fresh rose and lilly of the valley smell. Gentle and likable. I breathed deeply several times and enjoyed the smell on my hand. This is Guerlain, I sad quietly to myself like it is some revelation.

Idylle is perfectly light floral in first sixty minutes of wearing it. Later it merges with my skin and I cant detect it anymore. I think this a mainstream product, quit good to occupy the attention of people who prefer tender florals.

P.S. At the same time I had Armani Idole on my other hand, and I can tell you that Idole can eat Idylle for breakfast easily.

honey73
honey73

I don´t think it is a "bad" secent. But it is not original and it´s quite flat imo. Lasts only up to 2-3 hours which is really very dissapointing for Guerlain and for the price.I was really excited to try this new Guerlain, and liked it at first sniff, but after a while it´s almost non-existing.This day I´ve tried Idylle on one wrist and Dior J´adore on the other. J´adore lasted about 3 time longer.

jatzzie
jatzzie

The bottle is simply stunning. When I first saw it, I fell immediately in love, with the bottle.:D It's so sophisticated, definitely something to show off on your dressing table. It's like this classic with a modern twist.As for the scent, well, to be honest, I was so "awed" by the bottle that I honestly can't remember what exactly it smelled like.:D I think there was a whole lot of "flowerpower". But I need to be sure, soo my mission on Sunday is to get to try Idylle again. But based on the bottle and the reviews, I'm looking forward to something very,very special, as in special in a good way. ;)

Claire
Claire

As Zaleska already said it is absolut similar to lovely (sjp) and NR !Smells like a lighter version of them. I thought that guerlain would create a more unique fragrance.The bottle and the advertising were so promising. Nice but not worth 60 Euro for 30 ml.

mean_kitty
mean_kitty

It's such a beautiful perfum, it's clearly a "Guerlain". Normally I don't like floral scents, but this one is so good like all Guerlain's perfums.The bottle is so gorgeous,but in whar concerns the name I'm not sure if ti's the best choice.Nice, delcate, not artificially at all, perfect for day and hot wether.I imagine it is the perfect perfum for fairies.

amelie

Wim, I read your article about creating Idylle, like the enthusiasm and passion when talking about the new perfume. Whether we like it or not, fragrance awakens feelings. Perfume world is a world of artists, a good book, music you listen to, the smell of perfume ... it's an inspiration. Probably we are strange to those who don't feel that flair.
Sorry for offtopic, I didn't know where to write because I couldn't find any more reviews on article.

Hey alfiecronin,
Sorry it gives you such headache, maybe you skin is simply not working with the fragrance. I have wonderful experience and have to repeat myself "It is gorgeous fragrance!"

alfiecronin
alfiecronin

Headache inducing flat floral. Absolutely nothing to do with Guerlain at all. If this is what we can look forward to with the new lead perfumer Thierry Wasser, then good luck. Why didn't they just advance their own perfume goddess, Sylvaine Delacourte, to the top spot and finally, once and for all, tear the reins from the grip of those dang men who make all their "classics" smell like men's cologne? i'm rambling...

heidii
heidii

first when i tried it on paper in store i didnt like it at all. But i got my hands on a free sample so i tried it on skin anyway..... And i have to say i reallyreally like it! Its like walking in a field of wild flowers (you can definitely smell the lily-of-valley and rose in it). Also its a very sophisticated, every day scent. It reminds me of one scent i have; comme un evidence from yves rocher. Now i understand why, they have the rose and lilly-of-valley in common. But where comme un evidence changes on your skin, idylle stays more the same. Thats why i prefer idylle. Though i wouldnt buy it because i have something similar and its not that special.

Zaleska
Zaleska

Yeah, I tested it yesterday.
Very similar to Narciso Rodrigues for Her, but lighter.
Do you know Lovely by SJP? Similar too.
Gucci by Gucci? Yeap, similar.

All the 4 frags are great...and similar.

Dear reader: just go to the store and test the four frags. Buy the one that's is affordable for you, by the price or by the scent that suits your skin better.

You choose. The nose is yours. The taste is yours.

Oxygene
Oxygene

Why did you delete my review? Because I did not praise this fragrance? I don't praise it, because for my taste it too similar with Rumeur and Gucci by Gucci. Fine, but nothing originality. I'm a Guerlain-fan, but this perfume was a great disappoint.

krishka
krishka

tried it...nothing special..white flowers without any development of the scent..fades away in less than an hour...
P.S. stop deleting my reviews abt this frag. it is kinda of frustrating...

marina_lil
marina_lil

So good flower combinaton. Smells like the most beautiful and even luxury garden in the world. The scent is very feminine and really sexy. I feel like this is the right smell for every beautiful young women.

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

It is very light on me, smells like beautiful flowers, but the smell disappears so fast! :( it disappears much faster than the other fragrances I've tries.

Upd.: it doesn't disappear, but the middle note doesn't work for me. It's pretty faint, but cloying :( just one of these notes doesn't work with my skin. I'm guessing it's freesia... because rose, lily of the valley (within the first 10-15 minutes) and peony (after a couple of hours) work...

Svetlana

A fragrance that brings pleasure inspiration and happyness. Beautifull scent!!!

I was totally captivated since first sniff and loved it even more after .

My oppinion: If someone is disappointed by Guerlain for the change, please you don`t need to offend the perfume, company and people who like it.

allexa27
allexa27

For me is more similar to D&G feminine instead of Narcisso Rodrigues .NR is more creamy,Idylle is more light and lots of lily and lily-of -the- valley in it.It is all about light fresh flowers ,nothing interesting about it

Trvevil
Trvevil

Hmm... while some really love Idylle, some mourn past masterpieces, I just didn't want to pay attention to this one. Yeah, I sniffed it, but umm.. no thanks. It really isn't in my way.

Idylle in my opinion is great fragrance for every day wear and it's not just plain floral. Seems Idylle is one of those NR For Her's relative, though in it's own way. I really smell similarities with NR For Her (in black bottle), but Idylle is a nice rose perfume. Rose blooms here and you can detect peony after hour or so.

I still prefer something like Insolence and Samsara, Shalimar..

Wim Janssens

I agree with it completely!
You can always go for the custom made, where they will make completely what you desire. But you pay for what your desires are.
Please read my review about Idylle on this site. I will only review Guerlain in the future.

Kind regards,

Wim

amelie

And what I dislike is when you can not comment on the fragrance, just review it serves not only to praise.
Nice said that the one who already has two or three fragrances from Guerlain, has no right to ask the same thing or be possessive. But the success of a perfume depends on whether the audience like it.
Be honest and say Do you like just any perfume?
Here are mainly those who love perfumes, members with different tastes and olfactory experiences and this sometimes involves a critique. Comparisons and descriptions of perfume have helped many people here to find the right fragrance for themselves.
The guest feedback is more like a warning to others not to be critical to the perfume, I like to read more descriptions of smell. Those familiar with Guerlain perfumes will understand well-intentioned criticism.

What I dislike is people thinking they should own and control the company just because they own one or more of their classics. If you want just another Shalimar than i suggest you go and buy a few more bottles of the old formula.

Idylle stayed a decent amount of time on my skin when I tested 3 other perfumes this one out shinned the rest I tried on; including tom ford and cavalli. This is a beautiful floral. commercial? maybe but it is still Guerlain, get over it.

perfumes_addict

i kind of liked it when i tried it on, but after a few minutes is turned into something too comercial, soapy, a bit cheap and kind of old-ish... but what really blew me away was the price. it definetly doesn't deserve all those money. i can find way better perfumes for a much smaller price.

amelie

The fragrance is modern and very flowery, pleasant...I think the idea that pleases everyone, regardless of age,although it is unfair to share perfume by age.
Reminded me of Pleasures, from Estee Lauder, only Pleasures for me is much more elegant fragrance. But I am not competent because I love Estee fragrances and notes I identify.
The Idylle is more commercial, far from the famous Guerlain perfume.

Miss_Smart
Miss_Smart

This is an absolutely captivating frag.
I found it to be fresh and dazzling.
Unfortunatelly it has no staying power on my skin.
Sensual and very cute- for those who can wear it properly :)

jemma
jemma

Today I tried Idilly and remained very pleasantly surprised when I found out that like Narciso Rodrigez! Felt real violets, which were later wrapped in a soft and Kremene flavor! I'm so happy to find that this is my flavor! Surely buy it!

I tested it only once, almost dis-hearted after the latest Guerlain's scents from sickening L'Instant to awful killing-me-softly-with-poisoned-candied-violets Insolence of any kind.
I loved everything Guerlain until Champs-Elysèes (only half-included) and disliked everything after.
So I approached the counter doubtfully. To my happy surprise Idylle sprayed on a paper was something "breathable"! That's already a lot and a big relief for me! I wanted to wear it on my skin and I have to say that after the initial little woody harshness, the scent goes on fine and quite lovely.
Yes, it is musky and yes, it recalls Narciso Rodriguez. So?!? They are similar, not equals. Idylle is much more floral and slightly more frizzinz-peppery. NR EdT is smoother, while NR EdP could be more similar for the flowers (which I don't like in NR EdP and liked in Idylle!), but Idylle in my opinion stands on its own like an independent and good-reason-to-exist scent, quite intense, but modern, sophisticated but not old.
The bottle is beautiful and happy, I don't care if it looks like another one (we don't get many Antonio Banderas fragrances here). The scents tells me something, the ad tells me nothing and actually find it quite boring, but the juice is most important. Thinking about puchasing.

Kama
Kama

I just smells in on teh strip in teh magazine..
very nice perfume, but in my opnion nothing new...
Like most said it is like Narciso Rodriguez For HER, but mixed with Cabaret Gres...
I like it but as I have NR and Cabaret I do not need to buy this one...

ChristyS
ChristyS

For me it´s a good creation. As already mentioned a very sophisticated and charming flowery perfume. There are no fruits mentioned among the notes, but on me Idylle has also a slightly and very likeable fruit note. It´s not THAT unique or "different" like e.g. L´Instant, but still very elegant and very "Guerlain". I think it will be a success.
PS: I am fine with the fact that not everyone likes this perfume ;). I also don´t like some perfumes, others here like. But anyway I like to read honest and personal reviews on perfumes of others here.

kenberlyc
kenberlyc

Why must we fight over this? I have to try this perfume that everyone is having so many disagreements over.What a shame that something so pretty as perfume, meant to bring a little joy and happiness has turned into a big all out war.Idylle has been on the reviews all week. Can we let it go now?

Ninulia
Ninulia

I agree that it is very similiar to Narciso Rodriguez!! I am in love woth it it is also similiar whit Chans Elysee

Antoinette
Antoinette

A gauzy whisper of a floral, this may be surprising delicate for a Guerlain, but it is a pleasant surprise. As is to be expected from this house, Idylle is thoughtfully crafted and feminine. It brings to mind the dewy blooms in En Passant, although Idylle gathers a few more flowers for her bouquet, a handful of roses, peonies, lily-of-the-valley and jasmine. I imagine a Jane Austen heroine cutting flowers for her writing desk early in the morning, her white muslin gown soaking up the dew as she brushes against flora. Lovely.

susieqrj
susieqrj

I just sniffed it from the cap. It is so uninteresting that I didn't want to try on my skin. A strong and plain floral.
Totally not my cup of tea.
Not inovative at all. Not sexy, not nothing.
And the bottle is a copy of Antonio Banderas Spirit.

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

This is bursting with florals, on my skin I only smell lily of the valley and the lily and some rose,which I don't like, then after an hour it turns into a bit like narcisso rodriguez edt, just not as musky and rich and then I get peony. It seemms like someone over 35 would wear this one. It smells sophisticated , its beautifully done and the bottle is GORGEOUS!!!!I won't be buying it though,to much lillies for me!

luz
luz

Wow, this is an amazing floral ! The best perfume I've tried recently. It isn't unique, but it is so well done and well blended... elegant and comfortable... a perfect bouquet indeed.

vertigo
vertigo

A beautiful mature floral!
Smooth, silky, charming, classy, smells expensive and sophisticated.

I'm too young for Idylle, but let me try it when I turn 30 ...

I've sniffed this already, and it really is fabulous. I can't wait for it to be officially released.

Idylle by Guerlain 3.70 out of 5 based on 1522 ratings and 288 user reviews

IDYLLE for WOMEN by Guerlain EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Idylle Perfume by Guerlain, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Idylle Perfume by Guerlain, 1.7 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Gift Set 1.2oz
Guerlain Idylle Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 35ml 1.2oz Body Lotion 75ml 2.5oz 2pcs
68.50 GBP
Idylle Perfume by Guerlain, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
IDYLLE for WOMEN by Guerlain EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
IDYLLE for WOMEN by Guerlain EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Gift Set 3.4oz
Guerlain Idylle Coffret Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz Body Lotion 75ml 2.5oz 2pcs
Guerlain Idylle Eau de Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Guerlain Idylle Eau de Parfum Spray 50ml 1.7oz
Gift Set 1.7oz
Guerlain Idylle Coffret Eau De Pafrum Spray 50ml 1.7oz Body Lotion 75ml 2.5oz Bag 2pcs 1bag
Idylle Perfume by Guerlain, 1.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Idylle Perfume by Guerlain, 1.2 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Idylle Perfume by Guerlain, 1.15 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Idylle Perfume by Guerlain, 1.15 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Idylle fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Idylle, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Idylle by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Idylle by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.