Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Idylle Duet Guerlain for women

Idylle Duet Guerlain for women
dislike

Idylle Duet Guerlain for women Pictures Idylle Duet Guerlain for women Pictures

Guerlain is launching Idylle Duet, the 4th version of Idylle, including a luxurious edition. Idylle Duet is a new face of fragrance Idylle – idyllic, feminine, floral and elegant.

Focus of the new edition is on romance developing between ingredients of the composition. Roses and patchouli can be sensed from the very beginning of the composition.

In top notes of Idylle Duet, Bulgarian roses and Indonesian patchouli play their romantic roles, accompanied by floral and very feminine choir of singing petals of lily of the valley, freesia, jasmine and peony. A base incorporates white musk and patchouli for the special pleasure of sensuality and elegance.

Perfumer of this edition is Thierry Wasser, who was inspired by work of Hector Berlioz from 1841 - Les Nuits d'Ete to compose the new Guerlain Idylle Duet.

The fragrance is available in a flacon shaped like its antecedent, as 35 ml EDP. Advertising campaign presents the fragrance in romantic spirit. Idylle Duet will be introduced on April 4th 2011.

Patchouli Rose

Bottega Veneta

Idylle Duet Fragrance Reviews

ingvalid
ingvalid

I love this. Its just beautiful. For some occassions I might consider it a bit heavy, but I like it so much so I just wear it anyway. It lasts forever and has good sillage. The smell is rounded, flowery and warm, but not in the simple way. This is not the perfume for your teenage daughter.

Guerlain really gives us the good stuff.

aleveglez
aleveglez

I own this perfume. One day I was looking for something fresh and sweet, and found it. I was so sexy and fresh. A few months passed and the scent changed to something kind of putrid, so I didn't wear it for a while. One day I gave it a try, and the scent was back, but much stronger, and very linear.
Now that Spring is here, I gave it another try and the scent has settled down a bit and it is creamier than before, I can smell rose and what appears to be a sort of white flower or honey.
I have owned, from the house of Guerlain, L'Instant, which after a few months of use, it began stinking, literally, I had to discard it, it made me so nauseous; Idylle Duet Rose-Patchouli; Samsara for a little time and recently I got Insolence, which I truly adore.
I don't know if it is me, or if Guerlains do tend to change a lot over time, or if, in this case, the rose keeps morphing. I also wear L by Lolita Lempicka and Orlane's Auteur L'iris, for the hot summer months.

henri345que
henri345que

Idylle Duet it`s an intenser rose version of the original idylle idea of a modern musky chypre bouquet. It makes me think of Rose Barbare, but better worked, with the base that is lacking on Rose Barbare. Duet has a rose bouquet which is halway modern interpretations and vintage versions, haveing a slightly link to the complex abstract and warm rose of Nahéma. The Rose here has the liqueur aspect intensified by the camphor aspect of patchouli, which creates a sweet woody base that lets rose sing forever on the skin. It`s smooth, complex, intense and longlasting, and i wished it was a permanent fragrance, not only a liimited edition.

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

I tried this because I read its similar to Narciso Rodrigues perfume (pink bottle) and I wanted to see which one I liked better. I find this more green and rosy, and a bit less musky-in your face than NR. They are similar though. I imagine this would appeal to a slightly younger girl or maybe one who is not ready to be a vamp yet.
I like it, as far as musk/florals go its a pretty good blend and the bottle is certainly interesting.

JesseBelle
JesseBelle

Absolutely beautiful. Classic rose and patchouli and so inspiring. Wearing it makes me feel sexy and rich! My favourite by far!!

the scent of life
the scent of life

I absolutely cannot stand floral perfumes but this Beauty here is amazing . The balance with patchouli (which i truly love) is fantastic.
I did get lots of compliments. For me it is a very beautiful fragrance that works very well in warm seasons (note that i am more a woody-oriental-dark perfume lover)..
It was a limited edition and bought 2 bottles. I finished one but still have totally sealed the other because I want to keep it untouched! I love it.
Actually i am still looking for a decent substitute. who has actually suggestion?

judyk
judyk

Ooooh, this is lovely. Rose with perfect bone structure, soft patchouli and inviting musk. The other flowers are in attendance but they're merely holding Rose's train.

I've not tried the original Idylle (shameful I know; I'm such a slacker ;-)) but as I'm not generally a fan of fruit notes I'm guessing this would have been my choice between the two. But rest assured, after trying this beauty, I'll be sure to test Idylle at the first available opportunity!

Sarah Bas Eleazar
Sarah Bas Eleazar

beautiful patchouli!!

giasan
giasan

I went to the shop to buy Dior Addict 2 with my husband and tested this one among others. It has a nice opening - lilac is very evident but after few minutes the note dissappers completely and it reveals other flowers ( jasmin).
I thought it is a perfume for someone in her 40th's and didn't way to buy it but I was convinced by my other half that is smells great on me ánd somehow I came back home with a very expensive perfume ( 70 euro for 50 ml) that I don't even like. And there is another bad side: it lasts maximum 3 hrs on my skin. Worst purchase ever, I owe it to my husband and my undecisive nature.

Redpula
Redpula

a decent feminine expensive fragrance but close to skin.. longevity 2 hours. sillage poor. it could have been more being an EDP.. sigh..

cinsot
cinsot

The most striking feature of Duet is its clever construction. The Nose has created something closely resembling the original formulation by masterfully bypassing the lively fruits and leading your nose directly into the signature heart.

Perhaps a finer accomplishment to my nose at times providing instant gratification with voluminous dirty rosy patchouli.

Duet is unapologetically fleshly and carnal without the wonky fly-blown abundant fruit-basket of Idylle (my favourite part BTW!).

Duet can be worn with confidence during business hours unlike her ravenously rebellious sister who is only allowed out on moonless nights!

Duet is a lavishly enjoyable musk as is Idylle. However here we have a well defined musk with a floral perimeter not the insatiable and bottomless hedonistic and uninhibited glorious Idylle.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Amazing. I would never have tried this one but the girl at the store gave a sample. I love this, it's very flowery but not powdery. I just love guerlain fragrances after trying some out. Great perfume.

mymlan
mymlan

I retried Duet yesterday and have completely changed my mind about this fragrance. So my previous review is now removed. I guess my nose must have been ansomic or something when I first tried it. At that time I thought it was a weak restrained and "nothing special" patchouli-rose fragrance. But now when I tried it again it really captured my heart and jumped straight up on my want list.

It's a duet between rose and patchouli indeed, I can hardly smell any other particular flowery notes as they are so well blended. The rose in itself is stunning and the patchouli adds a creamy caramel note to the rose, and a fruity one too which in all creates a more voluptuous rose smell. When it dries down it becomes more musky and stays closer to skin. The projection is medium and the staying power could have been better, but you can always reapply later in the day :)

I was never too found of original Idylle that smelt too much lily of the valley for my taste. But this beauty is well worth buying if you find it. The only downside is that it may be hard to get.

Dear Framorena, I could see Idylle Duet only in Duty Free at Milan airport Linate but not in perfume shops!
Also Guerlain counter's at La Rinascente had it, but anyway it was a limited edition, so it's now gone :-(

framorena
framorena

WHY CAN?T I FIND IT in any store in my city??It's quiet unbelievable!! I live in Pisa,not on top of himalaya!!

Beautiful rendition of a classical rose-patchouli mix!
It has power and kicking with an Eastern vibe, still remains very uplifting and elegant, never gross.
Why, why, WHY a limited edition of this beauty???
I tried it a duty free and wanted to make my winter signature, but I won't make a signature out of a LE!
I wonder if Guerlain marketing is just trying to make us spend more money and that's it.

Catnip
Catnip

I find this very different from the original. While the original is dominated by a lily of the valley note in its floral aspects, this one is truer to its promise of giving us a rose-centered fragrance. The rose itself is mellow and extremely honeyed. The duet feels a bit unbalanced as the patchouli is barely there.

I can actually see a better family resemblance to Guerlain Rose Barbare. Rose Barbare, however, is noticeably less sweet, and although it also contains a facet of honey, it comes across as slightly tart in the beginning. This tartness, which I like in Rose Barbare, is completely missing in Duet. Instead, the honey note is amplified in Duet. The patchouli is more evident in Rose Barbare.

Idylle Duet is a well-rounded, fairly quiet, and sweet rose fragrance that could be better suited for the fall and winter months. It doesn't seem to change much from its application to drydown. Longevity and sillage are average.

josat11
josat11

There are not a lot of perfumes I can handle. Every time I find one, it goes out of process. I came upon this one at the Beauty and the Beast Garden within Walt Disney World, in Orlando, FL. (Epcot center). I fell-in-love with it, instantly! It is such a delicate and amazingly beautiful scent. If I could I would wear it every day, but it is one that is limited edition (of course :( ) so I wear it when I want to feel extra happy, or need some sunshine for my day. It is an exquisite perfume!!

MaryG
MaryG

This version of Idylle is so much like Guerlain's L'Art et la Matiere's Rose Barbare, which is a beautiful dark red roses and patchouli scent (patchouli not being listed in its notes on fragrantica. why?!) Idylle Duet has that same shaving foam quality as Rose Barbare, which I personally adore as it adds a nice dark, masculine edge to an otherwise too pretty and perfect floral.

One might suspect that this version is a way to test the market, to see if Rose Barbare would sell better dressed in a more available form... Anyway, it's a beautiful fragrance and I will now have to return to the shops to find out the price! Rose Barbare was always too pricey for me, but Idylle Duet might just bridge that gap..

sunshine89
sunshine89

i love it!

PusiaX
PusiaX

This one is much more worse than classic Idylle, I don't like it, but Idylle "normal" is quite BEAUTIFUL

Eleiria
Eleiria

Oh, patchouli... It's very prominent from the first minute you spray Idylle Duet until the last second it gets lost. In the first half hour the fragrance was too harsh, I couldn't smell any roses, just sickening patchouli. Then the scent developped and it was almost as if I've mixed a fragrance of mine with a cologne of dad's. Too manly, even aftershave-like. I'm not completely against patchouli for there are lots of perfumes I like with patchouli in them, but this much is too much for me.

As a sidenote, I have had my brother smell this and Van Cleef&Arpels' Feerie at the same time, and he liked this better. I wonder if it's because it resembles men's cologne?

sue165
sue165

I prefer this version it suits better than the others "idylle".. I like it so much, it has such a long lasting power and good sillage

myrrhmaid
myrrhmaid

This is a beauty , more rose and patchouli . This is what I had hoped Portrait of a Lady would be like. I think it's a special edition so I'll have to stock up.

miZZpuRRfect
miZZpuRRfect

absolutely identical notes as Idiylle original, less musk lichi and rasperry. hmmm... made for who don t like musky bases and sweet fruity top? i can t see much the sense of this flanker....

Idylle Duet by Guerlain 4.27 out of 5 based on 169 ratings and 25 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Idylle Duet fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Idylle Duet, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Idylle Duet by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Idylle Duet by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.