Designers » F-H » Chypre Floral « Groups

Idylle Eau Sublime Guerlain for women
dislike

tropical
Idylle Eau Sublime Guerlain for women Pictures

The latest version of Idylle will be available in September 2011 as the edition that "tells the story of rose and water ". Thierry Wasser also signs this composition. This time, the perfumer decides to compose the essence of roses and rose water. In addition to these refined elements that have been signature to Guerlain since 1930, there are also accords of lychee, jasmine, peach, patchouli, musk and chypre elements.

The body of the new IDYLLE EAU SUBLIME bottle keeps the same form as its predecessors, created by Ora Ito. It is made of transparent glass with a golden stopper. The outer package will be decorated with a golden rose seal. The fragrance will be available as 70 and 100 ml EDT spray.

Litchi Rose Water

Idylle Eau de toilette

Idylle Eau Sublime Fragrance Reviews

Antares811
Antares811

Amazing floral! I find it's in the middle between the EDP and the EDT.
The beautiful rose is very prominent, unfortunately the lasting power is not extremely strong, I wish it were less weak (the EDT lasts longer than this).
I'm going to buy the body lotion to make it stronger.
My new LOVE, this Eau Sublime and the gorgeous Idylle EDT are my signature scents.
A gorgeous cloud of roses surrounds you, so classy and feminine.

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

Very light floral fragrance. Smells romantic. A good scent for a conservative romantic woman. Natural, I get more white flower than rose.

Blue wolf
Blue wolf

I have a large sample of this which I ordered by mistake since I wanted to try Idylle Edt; it has lilac which I adore. This has a very floral opening on me, as my skin tends to grab and magnify jasmine which is not my favorite note. It smells somewhat indolic, and I wish I got more peach which I love even though it seems everyone uses it as a top note with varying degrees of success. If there were more peach and litchee it would clean up the cloying jasmine and the patchouli. Ah yes, my nemesis. Patchouli- said in the same tone as Seinfeld would say "Newman". For those who don't understand the reference, it was said with loathing. Patchouli just can't seem to keep its dirty little paws to itself when it's a major note in any fragrance I wear. Occasionally it is more well behaved and I can appreciate its role in a fragrance, but it is permanently lodged in my midbrain as a head shop and dirty hippie smell. My pardon to all hippies, I actually tried to be one myself very briefly and I mean no disrespect. The patchouli dominates the middle of IES, but I can perceive a touch of rose. I would enjoy stronger rose; here it is a supporting player and never regains the distinction as it did in the initial application.
Something strange happens once in a while when I spray a fragrance: I can smell different notes on different parts of my arm. With IES I had a spot of lovely peach on my left arm. Does this happen to anyone else? I think that maybe the ingredients settle or separate, so sometimes I will shake the fragrance bottle gently to mix the liquid.
After an hour I smell mostly light patchouli and musk. My skin absorbs fragrance even when I use an unscented lotion as a base, so I don't get much sillage with IES either. For me this was not even close to sublime. I'm hoping that when I try Idylle Eau de Toilette, it will meet my expectations. Except for the pepper....

kittybobmeowpants
kittybobmeowpants

i'm so confused. when i put the sample on my skin it was awful and disgusting. now that it has dried down, it smells lovely. weird.

Englishrose4
Englishrose4

I've had to wear this one a good 5 times to really get it as the first few times I got a powerful nose full of pepper and not much else, however having given sublime and my nose time to get acquainted I now get the pretty fresh roses and juicy fleshy lychi with a creamy fuzzy peach and during the drydown I can pick out a whiff of jasmine when I move.

So my advice would be if you don't click straight off give it time because this honestly smells completely different to me now and I'm so pleased I didn't give it away.

I would say it's a perfect airy pretty daytime scent with enough gravitas to wear to dine out with family, I see this as a spring / early autumn.

Too much peach! This scent is quite nauseating on my skin.

nghengheconuong
nghengheconuong

Should i blindbuy this one?

TattooGypsy
TattooGypsy

This is normally not my 'style' of fragrance (I like sweet, fruity, gourmand, oriental type perfumes) but I love this! This isn't sharp like most florals are to me, it's very 'dewy'. It evokes the feeling of an early summer morning, the birds are chirping, the sun is shining, and the plants(rose bushes) are still wet and glistening from the cool night. In fact, I have been wearing this fragrance for my early morning walks with the dog, and it compliments this activity just perfectly to me but with a nice classy edge!

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

نمی توان از حس کردن این رایحه در فضای احساسی با یکبار برخورد به این رایحه و فراموشش کنیم تا ابدیت در وجود دوستاران خود بیادگار میماند.

ChaiLatte2009
ChaiLatte2009

This one really IS sublime.
Perfect for the spring time, but too heavy for the summer and too cold for the winter in my opinion. It's a perfect, natural smelling, strong, blooming flower bouquet, it really should be named "Flowerbomb".
It's beautiful, airy, uplifting, angelic even. Works great outdoors.
I don't detect any fruits, it's just a flowery heaven. It doesn't change much during wearing, but longevity is really good.
It has less lily of the valley than Edp, otherwise they are similar, but in fact it's more similar to Edt.
The bottle looks like an eiffel tower to me. :)

Cielo163
Cielo163

I'm really disappointed, not with idylle eau sublime,but with myself. On my skin it smells so sour.And after a few hours ES remains a soft rosy musky scent with an old fashioned touch that makes me just "ew" and cringe my nose. So i give it to my mom and God!!!! On her it smells divine. Not sour at all. But a mix of rose, powdery and airy floral. Just simply beautiful.
So sad that i cant pull this off. I fell that this fragrance is not for girl or young woman (i'm 20), but for a mature, confident and sophisticated lady.

po
po

Admittedly I'm not a big fan of light florals but they have the chance to work if containing a soft musky base. This does.

All the listed notes are evident except from the patchouli IMO. I'm sorry for waxing lyrical but to understand what Idylle Eau Sublime smells like to me imagine having a walk in an orchard full of ripe peaches, holding a large bouquet of dewy pink roses while the early morning breeze carries the scent of jasmine buds that bloom not too close.

I find it juicy, cool, delicate, silky and dewy. The musky base is still rosy and fruity.

This flanker of Idylle has very minimal similarities to the original - if not next to none - and would fit better to the Acqua Allegoria line. I agree that it could even be a lighthearted flanker of Tresor, in fact this is what I expected Tresor In Love to smell like.

Moderate sillage and longevity.

Hellita
Hellita

I love this! Elegant, perfectly blended, fresh but still night time appropriate, floral and just very, very nice on me. I don't normally like roses in perfumes, but this is something different and it's just perfect. Romance in a bottle! Not much more to say about that. PS! Will definately repurchase. I do get compliments for this one.

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

This was a blind buy, as it was on sale. It makes me sad that this disappears on my skin so quickly, leaving no trace whatsoever, because I do like how it smells. I will try spraying on clothes or hair, because I really want to make it work for me.

Update: spraying on my cleavage, both over and under, so as to catch not just my skin, but also my top, worked like a charm. The fragrance lasted with me throughout the entire day! This makes me very happy.

peacebaby
peacebaby

Yep i agree ,watery and no resemblance to roses being in it,not powdery ,and any grounding notes in it,and gone after 2 hours on me,I'm sticking with my pheromone by marilyn miglin .

levinebabe
levinebabe

I don't like rose, but Idylle and Idylle Eau Sublime is quite different for me. The opening of both Idylle and Eau Sublime is rather identical. Fruity rose water. The first time I smelled IES, I thought of watermelon flavored bubblegum. I just love it. The difference I noticed from Idylle and IES, is that Idylle is a calm rose, quite linear, and doesn't develop, while IES develops into a quite harsh and loud rose scent, but it's still enjoyable. Longevity and projection are great! You can smell it meters away.

kristina.l.myers
kristina.l.myers

When I first sprayed Idylle Eau Sublime, I wasn't so sure and it took me a few days to come around to it... Now I absolutely love it and I am smothering myself with it every day. I am wondering if my love for it kicked in just as the hot weather began?

I am not one for describing notes and layers (so bear with me), but I mostly get litchi, rose and jasmine from Sublime. A very fruity meets floral fragrance. If you are a sweet fragrance lover looking for something a little more sophisticated and expensive smelling that is light enough for summer, this may be the one.

After a few hours I catch a definite smell of lily, particularly when the fragrance has caught the ends of my hair. A bit odd though, as lily is not included in the notes, maybe it is a different note that I am mistaking for it?

The bottle is very lovely looking, and I love that the liquid is tinged with a rose colour. My only slight issue is that the top has a slightly cheap and lightweight feel, it's no big deal though, and is otherwise beautiful

xjulietdx
xjulietdx

This is more fruity than the original Idylle. If your not a Guerlain-girl and you don't like their fragrances this one will catch you by surprise.

The opening is very fruity with the creamy, thick raspberry & lychee. Sweet, but not too sweet, I'm still able to smell the roses. The floral aspect became stronger by the sparkly jasmine, the fruitiness by the soft peach. The patchouli gives it a earthy, warm kick. The dry down is lovely, musk which reminds me of old-fashion make-up or body lotion based on rose water. Amazing!

vicka16
vicka16

Love, love, love it!!! Eau Sublime is so delicat and feminine perfume. I find it slightly sweeter, probably because of jasmine, and more sensual than Edylle EDT (which I have and like a lot). Very good staying power for an EDT, it lasts about 6 hours on my skin and 24h later I could still smell it on my clothes.
Oh, and did I mention I love it?! ;)

rauljms87
rauljms87

i bought this for my girl and everytime she wears it im like a vampire around her neck, nice juice!

SatanInHeels
SatanInHeels

The name says the truth: this fragrance is "sublime". I smelled it on a friend of mine. Lovely scent. To me, it smells like tropical fruits and peach with a hint of flowers (roses? Lilies? Mh, not sure about.). A very feminine scent, perfect for a 20/25 y.o. girl, a bit summery without being really fresh. This is the typical signature fragrance, it stands in the crowd. A hard-to-forget scent. I want it so bad!

To understand perfume a bit more and because one has to start somewhere, I decided to try what Idylle and l'eau Sublime are like, based on the main accords mentionned and all of your reviews.
To me Guerlain is not everybody's girlfriend. Based on only one scent experience, I just had chosen a bit different to my taste. (Insolence EDP)
I'm happy to find out there are also Guerlains I absolutely like, although according to your reviews, these are not typically Guerlain?
At first Idylle was to sweet flowery for me, but then it settled down and I was in love.
The Sublime was serious and cold. My decision was made, Idylle it was.
Went home, smelling both my wrists, yes I chose right.
But after half an hour they both took a change, I hadn't stopped sniffing. The strangest thing happened: Idylle went to sloppy creamy flowers and Sublime went powdery full of flowers, not heavy at all, just great!
So I really turned around and changed my purchase into Idylle Sublime. The firs half hour is a matter of enduring, but then! Although it's an EDT the lastingpower is quite long, if you ask me...
There are similarities in these two perfumes, as I experienced it. What Idylle is at the start becomes Sublime after half an hour, a bit softer and stays, and stays.

mylancome

Update: Mix spray of Idylle Eau Sublime with Shalimar Initial becomes some wonderful smell.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

Very.. very intense true white musk.

marcello19
marcello19

I like it, somehow I find it so similar to Narciso's For Her EDP (pink bottle). It smells exactly the same, but this is not a surprise because it contains almost all the same notes (rose, peach, musk, patchouli) but the jasmine and the litchi put some freshness into it. For Her has no longevity on me unfortunately, and it costs much more than Idylle Eau Sublime. I haven't tried Eau Sublime on my skin yet, but because it contains musk and patchouli amongst the base notes it seems to last more. But who knows?

jellybeantree

This is my favorite from the whole idylle line! It's smells like spring, a touch of sophistication and modernity wrapped up in a clean fresh fragrance.

mylancome

I just receive the reply email from Guerlain Customer Service, Ms. Isabelle. She said Guerlain is keeping this perfume as a permanent item, they are going to keep on produce and sell this. Thank you Isabelle, thank you Theirry Wasser, the perfumer and thank you Guerlain.

mylancome

This is the third day I wearing this perfume. It does remind me of Miss Dior Cherie I like very much but betrayed by Dior, I have to say bye bye to MDC.

More airy, it's fruity but doesn't overcover the rose notes. It's still rose perfume.

To all former MDC fans, give this a try, you may fall in love to this sweet romantic scent again.

mylancome

I just bought Eau Sublime cause I can't separate with that wonderful sweet rose scent! The perfume is so wonderful, I feedback to Guerlain, ask them to keep on producing and selling this, and come out a intense version too.

Like a younger version of Lancome Tresor.

Romantic, sweet fruity rose!! Best Idylle ever!

Pink gold perfume water match with the gold-colored cap, makes it really a Golden Drop.

Update: This is surprisingly long lasting for an EDT, more lasting than the original Idylle EDP.

This Idylle flanker is much fruitier than previous versions. I would describe Idylle Eau Sublime as a peachy floral, somewhat bold and juicy in nature.

The original Idylle was bland on my skin, however the EDT was just perfect for me; light and honeyed. This fragrance sits somewhere in between the two aforementioned perfumes.

Idylle Eau Sublime opens with fresh and full-bodied rose and juicy, tropical litchi with peach. Usually when peach is blended with rose, I find that it often confuses me into thinking that I smell strong peony. Peony and I do not always get along, so there are times when Idylle Eau Sublime causes me to crinkle up my nose.

I can't say that I detected the jasmine in this composition, which was so dominant in the original Idylle. It's almost non-existant to my nose in this flanker. Perhaps this is a good thing. Rose is the Queen that wears the crown in Idylle Eau Sublime, being somewhat oily and concentrated at times.

The overall blend is sharp yet elegant. The peach also brings a subtle fizzyness to the composition which is both interesting and unique. While Idylle Eau Sublime is not for me personally, I do enjoy it far more than I did the original.

The rose accord stays strong right through to the end, where Idylle Eau Sublime concludes with an earthy and musty patchouli blend. I must also comment on the longevity which held on far longer than I thought it would, clinging even longer on fabric. I recommend Idylle Eau Sublime to lovers of peach and rose blends without hesitation. Snap this fragrance up as soon as you can, because I believe this is a limited edition.

A great every-day-scent. Stays close to skin. Very soft, mild and wonderful. Light airy notes wiffs around me.. Just a little bit to sweet for me.

En härlig varje-dag-doft. Stannar nära huden. Mjuk, varm och jättehärlig. Lätta luftiga doftnoter som flyter runt mig, men tyvärr lite för söt för min smak.

mylancome

Agree with Dina. This is the best among Idylle range. If only it's in EDP more a more intense version would be perfect.

dina
dina

Like Vertigo, this one is my favorite of all the Idylles launched so far. It's lovely sweet floral, reminiscent of Aqua Allegoria Tiare Mimosa, maybe a little more sophisticated. As for the sillage and lasting power, they're less than perfect !
Monsieur Wasser you can do better....

Sirikanya.S
Sirikanya.S

love the smell , the top and middle note last more than a few hours on me. and the base note is soft and sweet which lasted all day. love it!! and i have lots and lots of parfume , this is by far my FAV!

DreamParis
DreamParis

Since first spray i've always liked this one and found it interesting. I think it's well done white floral fragrance even if rose is quite noticeable. Sometimes it turns in the drydown a bit masculine, due to patchouly i suppose but it still remains classy and sensual.
Sillage and staying power is OK. Suitable for cold weather.
Anyway, give it a chance if you like frags like Pleausure by E.L. or Romance R.L. but just a little bit deeper.

Lil Mju
Lil Mju

OMG... One of the best perfumes I've ever smelled!! This is so good... I like it more than the other Idylles. This is a beautiful mix of jasmine, rose (which are most sensible to me) and everything else.. Staying power's OK. I'm definitely getting this because I think it's okay for everyday and going out. Even though I HATE patchouly it's not really noticeable. I'm not really into florals, but this is what I call a fantastic perfume. If you like flowery, sensual yet fresh smells, try this. So nice and tender.. And it really is Sublime! (but really expensive :'( )

I tried this from testers and found a few samples of Idylle Eau Sublime. I like original EdP more than flankers. EdT was not so bad and quite floral, while Eau Sublime is a nice lighter version of Idylle with a fruity touch, with less sillage and little staying power.
On my skin this becomes sweeter and more candied than original and with less nuances.
It lacks any old time Guerlain depth.
All in all a modern overpriced light fruity scent for younger tastes with a Guerlain touch, better than other but still overpriced for what it is.

vertigo
vertigo

This is my favourite Idylle!

A pretty blend of clear jasmine and rose with a few drops of litchi juice and musky base.
Lovely! But too expensive.
I bet you can find something very similar for a much lower price.

Remarkable sillage and staying power: a little goes a long way.

jellybeantree

This is very nice. Pleasant , breezy , clean and flowery.

Louvenia
Louvenia

I am sceptical about this new version of Idylle..Tried it today at the mall,actually it's a lighter version of the initial Idylle.A bit icy flowers smell,I didn't get the litchi note(too bad because I love litchi),mostly rose and jasmine.I prefered the Duet version,this is more simple and ordinary..I am stuck to this cold,icy feeling that the drydown gives. I wouldn't like it for fall or winter but it would be great on spring time. Great for those who find Idylle a bit too much,too much powder,too dry..Lasting power is good,approximately 3 h on my wrist and still goes on.

Fizzy
Fizzy

Lasting power is 4 hours on me. I know a parfum, which smells this kind but more intensive, heavier and the whole day lasting - private collection Estee Lauder Tuberosa and gardenia. That one is worth the money, Sublime Guerlain not. Expensive, weak, watery and airy parfum.

LaPetite
LaPetite

Tested it with a friend , all we could smell was lily of the valley (though the note is not displayed here), one more disapointing flanker.
But as long as people will buy , houses will keep launching those ....

Idylle Eau Sublime by Guerlain 4.09 out of 5 based on 251 ratings and 42 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Idylle Eau Sublime fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Idylle Eau Sublime, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Idylle Eau Sublime by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Idylle Eau Sublime by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.