Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

Idylle Eau de toilette Guerlain for women

Idylle Eau de toilette Guerlain for women
dislike

Idylle Eau de toilette Guerlain for women Pictures Idylle Eau de toilette Guerlain for women Pictures

The latest hit by the house of Guerlain, perfume Idylle (eau de parfum) receives another version, its successor Idylle Eau de toilette.

The new edition, just like the original, was created by Thierry Wasser, perfumer of the house of Guerlain. He was inspired by Bulgarian rose and created a completely new composition, as typical of Guerlain. Eau de toilette is therefore more floral. Bulgarian rose in the center of the perfume is surrounded by lily of the valley, white lilac, peony and jasmine. Green and musky notes can be felt throughout the whole fragrance and they give a sense of lightness to its composition. A chypre accord is accompanied by fragrant ylang-ylang.

Flacon of Idylle EDT is shaped like a golden drop and is shinier and has more sparks than EDP. Photographer Paolo Roversi was in charge of the new advertising campaign, and his mystic and feminine photos continue the magic of original idea around Guerlain's idyllic fragrance.

The new EDT can be expected on the market as 35, 50 and 100 ml EDT in October 2010.

Musk Jasmine Rose Lily-of-the-Valley Lilac Peony

Idylle

Idylle Eau de toilette Fragrance Reviews

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

This is a very beautiful fragrance. Guerlain seem to introduce a bit of magic with everthing they do. I never understand why in the fragrance world houses like Estee Lauder and Lancome seem to have a greater presence. Idylle, I own just for the hell of it, what I will say is it's a very sweet, cultured and classy fragrance. Lily of the valley is the only thing I really see here, but it's so perfectly blended, why should it need to be more complex. There is a slightly musky dry down but not too much. The EDT is definitely a nicer smelling fragrance then the EDP, which is slightly less floral, and more musky. The bottle is gorgeous. Guerlain I love you!!

dina
dina

I was so eager to test the edt after testing the edp, and had high hopes, after reading the reviews, that this one could be the perfect lily of the valley fragrance I'm looking for.

Alas! It smells almost identical to the edp; I agree the LOTV note is more dominant, but still, it has that extremely annoying ozonic note I get from the edp.

I don't really see the comparison with a masterpiece like Diorissimo, even after reformulation.

I guess I will stop searching anymore, it's useless: LOTV is Diorissimo!

Decodawn
Decodawn

Fresh, crisp and young. Romantic and full of anticipation. These are the feelings that come to mind when this fragrance is released on to the skin. Guerlain are Masters of perfumery. This fragrance is aimed at their younger clientele although can be appreciated by all ages. I love wearing this in the spring from March onwards, a lovely change after wearing the heavier fragrances that have been worn throughout the Autumn and Winter months. Perfect from March - May Daytime use.

Antares811
Antares811

This EDT is sublime. One of the most beautiful, delicate, sweet, feminine floral ever smelled. I prefer it over the EDP, it's sweeter, more floral, less musky than the EDP.
The quality of flowers in this scent is excellent. I can sniff mostly lily-of-the-valley, jasmine and rose. Wonderful.
I definitely LOVE it! I get lots of compliments when I wear this, it's one of my top 3 favorites.
From Guerlain site, this is the composition (slightly different from the one above):
"Idylle opens with a shower of flowers, a fresh and joyful bouquet composed of lily of the valley, peony, freesia, white lilac and orange blossom.
The heart reveals jasmine paired with a blend of Bulgarian roses.
In the base, the chypre accord of patchouli and white musk is enlaced with delicate ylang-ylang notes".
If you love Diorissimo, you must try this.
It's also similar to Valentino by Valentino, 1978.
Congratulations, Mr Wasser, for this adorable scent.

Catty
Catty

I bought it today. It's a Good floral Scent, but just Good. I have to confess it's Petty unmemorable. I perfer Pleasures to this One.

kay0981
kay0981

Idylle is gentle and luminous; it's like a beautiful floral veil which evokes elegance and luxury, worthy of Guerlain. It opens with a fresh bouquet of lilacs and lily-of-the-valley, and a few drops of honey which add a little sweetness to this otherwise very clean floral. Lilac is definitely the most prominent note, but there are also hints of peony, jasmine and rose, which has a slightly 'creamy' quality – I'm guessing that's due to the soft, musky undertone listed in the official notes.

I usually don't go on too much about perfume bottles, because, what a bottle looks like – everyone can see. But in case of Idylle, I just can't help but admire it so much – it's one of my favourite bottle designs, and a true piece of art. It looks so luxurious, and matches the scent hidden inside it – both reflecting the true elegance of Guerlain. This version is slightly softer and lighter than the Eau de Parfum, which I find to be a little too strong and soapy.

It's really hard not to like this pretty floral – it's bright, simple and very well-behaved. And even if you're not blown away by the scent, I'd still say it's worth getting just for the gorgeous bottle ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

TillyWave
TillyWave

This EDT is a beautiful blend of flowers, primarily lilac with an undertone of rose, peach, and a drop of honey. The effect on my nose is smelling a good bottle of wine, with floral, honey, and fruit accords, after the wine has been poured swirled and it has oxygenated in the glass.

Normally I'm not a 'fruity' gal but fruity undertones are so natural and seem to be radiating from one's own true essence. I think that the florals are so well done and multi-dimensional that they give off a fruity undertone.

The musk is very subtle and understated, the florals/fruits are definitely the star of the show.

In true EDT fashion this wears close to the skin, and lasts 4 to 6 hours. Idylle EDT wears great in warm weather with a dress, this is a very gorgeous floral perfume.

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

Idylle eau de toilette is a fresh floral fragrance. To my nose, it smells like a bouquet of endless white florals that are predominantly lily, jasmine and hints of peony with generous honey dripping over them. I cannot detect the rose note, although my friend indicates that the jammy sweet note I can smell *is* the rose note. Edit: smelt the rose at last! A beautiful luscious red rose.

Warm, cosy, comforting and with a luxe aura.

Perhaps this doesn't fall in line with Guerlain's other works but this perfume is nonetheless a pleasant, sophisticated one. It seems to be able to morph both modern and 'old-fashioned' perfume style - it is not what some may call "old lady" but at the same time it's nothing like the overly sweet fresh florals on the market today. Detractors may think it is a horrid piece of work but frankly, as a standalone, this is a pretty good scent.

sarah.r.sahib
sarah.r.sahib

WoW..this perfume is WaWz me , i closed my eyes when i smelled it in my finger , i imagined myself in a garden full of flowrs in a very beautiful day , this is my new signature perfume

beccajo
beccajo

Wow, I hope I go back and edit this after wearing it a while. I bought this after reading every review I could find online. Even my Holy Grail blog, Perfume Smelling Things said paraphrased, For a modern interpretation of a Guerlain chypree, it was very well done and undeniably pretty". Well, that cinched it for me. I'm a sucker for pretty. I bought the toillete and a perfume mini bottle because I thought my only worry would be the patchouli. NO WORRIES. Both almost ran over me with Lilacs, Lilacs and more lilacs. WOSH!!! it does get better, but not right away. I think I could do with more peony and rose...where are they?!! Not one review said this was a hard white floral hitter. I love lilacs in Gucci Guilty and Givinchy's Fleur De Privi(discontinued). I'm either going to have to learn to wait for the opening to die down or learn to appreciate the opening-which really lasts a while.
It IS PRETTY, but to me a little old lady pretty. Sooo disapointed. I just can't read reviews. Please try before you buy. People really do say it for a reason.

marylu
marylu

A beautiful fragrance, soft, sensual. Very feminine. One of the few I never want to be without.

varykino
varykino

Idylle EdT is a bright, summery and joyful fragrance, supremely pretty without being banal. A dreamy concoction of lilac, peony-rose, muguet and soft musk brings associations to sunny gardens and carefree days. While I would be more than happy to wear it myself, I got this as a present for my fifteen year old daughter, and it's completely lovely on her. Perfect for a young girl or for anyone young enough at heart to indulge a romantic side.

Tintorra
Tintorra

Only thing I smelled was Lilac. I can't stand Lilac so I had to wash it off.... Brought back memories of my childhood though. My mother really loves Lilac and put them allways in the house. I knew it when she did that because I could smell them before I saw them. It has to be said that it seems that in Idylle is real Lilac to be found so I recommend to try it for lovers of this ingredient among us!

Shtefitza
Shtefitza

I bought it today as a gift. It is a perfectly elegant flowery perfume. Lilac, jasmin and some chypre freshness. I loved it! Quite neutral, so it can serve as a gift, and beautifully elegant, now I desire it! :)
I thought I was not a "flowery" person. I may be wrong after all. Recently I tried Idylle Duet Jasmin-Lilas. It too was georgeous. These two flowers (jasmin and lilac in both of these perfumes) are somehow freshly placed on top of the chypre base... so feminine, airy, light yet sofisticated and new. I love it! :)

*_koko_*
*_koko_*

I really like this fragrance.. It's really feminine and classic.. on my skin it's all about lilac and lily of the valley.. with a touch of rose and musk after hours.. I imagine this fragrance for all the delicate and classic women..Beautiful..

prettifyourself
prettifyourself

This is a scent for a beautiful woman with class. Timeless, very classic.

Masterpiece.

When they released Idylle EDP back in 2009, I was one of the first to sample, and while I found it a rather elegant floral with creamy rose accords, it also lacked something. I was hesitant to test Idylle EDT thinking it would be a lighter version of the original, yet I'm glad to say it's a very different composition.

Idylle EDT is a delightful Spring-like floral, essentially what I'd call 'sunshine in a bottle'. I swear there is a honey note in this composition, even though it's not listed, because there's a rather likable honeyed sweetness throughout this fragrance's development, particularly in the opening.

The heart is centered around a bright and refreshing blend of lily of the valley, ylang ylang, jasmine and lilac. The scent stays true to the bottle design; golden, sparkling and transparent. It has that uncanny ability to make one happy.

This fragrance was suggested to me in a forum discussion on what I should wear during the Summer months. I don't rock fruity scents all too well, so this fragrance with all its floral notes suits me perfectly and it also works in hot weather.

The longevity is actually quite impressive for an EDT, however I do have one slightly negative point that I feel I need to discuss. The drydown somehow turned into a strange musky concoction with a hint of stale sweetness. This drydown left me disappointed and irritable. There's no way I could keep this fragrance on my skin during this phase, so it turned very quickly into a scrubber.

Despite the rather bland conclusion to Idylle EDT, I must say that on a whole, this fragrance was enjoyable and certainly more interesting than its predecessor.

chowchow41
chowchow41

I tested it today. It was as if it was springtime and as if i was walking in a field were the flowers were just opend. The sun was shinning and the flowers gave away there lovely tender soft scent of lily of the vally, lilac and peony with lovely musk. This is a happy scent wich is good for work, casual ore a romantic dinner. This one is on my wishlist.

Seraphic
Seraphic

Holy Lily of the Valley and Jasmine! It's a good thing I really do love them because that's all it smelt like on me along with a bit of musk. A much more feminine scent then I normally wear but definitely a nice one if you like florals. The lasting power okay, lasted quite a few hours on me. Different then the original but I like this one better.

ezdravkova
ezdravkova

on my skin it is exactly like Yves Rocher's Comme Une Evidence 8-)

lolalolita
lolalolita

Strong smell and good smell for me , stay long lasting more hours this is good one for spring time or winter.

Stellalucente
Stellalucente

A lovely flowery scent.. Eau de nostalgie..

It reminds me of my travels in North Africa, more in particular Tunesia.. It takes me back to lovely, dreamy evenings when people get out of their houses to go for a little walk along the sea coast. The air is fresh and warm, everything and everyone feel revived again after a long, exhausting day underneath the Tunesian sun..
I smell the jasmine flowers that Tunesian men offer their loved ones or just carry around their neck to enjoy it's gorgeous, subtle scent. Aromas of jasmine fill the evening air and sooth the soul and mind. Again, it was a beautiful day..

Thank you Guerlain, for creating this beautiful scent, which always brings a smile to my face.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I wore this yesterday and found it more pleasant than the original Idylle, with its strange grapefruit note. It really is 'nice' as a day time, light floral fragrance but it is pretty unmemorable in the way that light fragrances often are. I don't really feel that this is worthy of Guerlain, though the quality of its ingredients are there. I would go for Eau Premiere (Chanel) if I wanted this kind of scent. Bring back some innovation, please!

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

This fragrance - though not outstanding in my books - owns Guerlain's elegance at its best, and I'd never dare to question the excellent quality of each creation de la Maison (unless they will come out with some ugly scents, which so far I've never experienced from this historical House).

The opening - and the heart too, for what I can smell after several minutes since spraying - are dominated by the sweet freshness of muguet: lilac note is also there, but maybe too subtle and distant to get easily perceived in this composition, at least by me.
And then the drydown happens to be (quite) a surprise: has anyone ever heard about a certain Narciso Rodriguez EDT For Her? (with a lower longevity, I must add)... the same, irresistibly refined and sensual musky undertones, only a bit toned down and far from the skin-like and straightforward sexiness that made the success of For Her.

Idylle EDT could be the perfect alchemy for a bride, a bright floral that evokes at the same time luxury and innocence (and, anyway, it smells like heaven on my skin). All in all, one perfect romantic fragrance..
But to me it feels too much like the French cousin of Estee Lauder's Pleasures, which I've had, so... I'm looking forward.

I tried it today and I immediately liked it, because it's fresh and luminous without being banal. It smells very balcon-y if it makes sense! I think this feeling comes from lilac.
Compared with original Idylle it seems that it is more or less the same simphony taken an octave higher. It's more acute, slightly peppery from peony, fresh and floral but with a soft sweet musky tone that never overpowers the rest of composition. It never becomes heavy in musk like the original. It could be a good scent for spring and also in winter if you spend most of your time indoors with heating.
It also screams "clean" but not hysterical hygienist! I'm not a fan of clean scents usually because they give me a hospital or nursing vibe, as if the wearer wanted to smell cleaner than clean in a fake way, but Idylle EdT is spared from that cold vibe. It's actually a girlish scent, very feminine without being teeny simple or cheap. It has some complexity and the whole fragrance is about clean, careless but classy, lively young lady. I don't think it could offend anyone if worn with caution at office, still it's interesting enough not to be confined to safe-whatever-smell-undertoned category. Spray more and you'll have a soft, radiant rain of coloured petals whirling around you! This is more fairy-like than Flora Nymphea or at leastnot a scary fairy!
Sillage is quite good and lasting power is average. Beautiful bottle.

Elisabeth M.
Elisabeth M.

The EdT is more luminous than the EdP, so I prefer the EdT-version. Idylle EdT is not overpowering and therefore suitable for the office. I am not much into office scents because generally I find them too sober and 'just nice'. To me every scent should be more than 'just nice'. So this one would be a great choice because it is decent but with a slightly wild site underneath. Recommended!

Poca
Poca

I got a sample of this perfume and I would love to have it, at least the 30ml bottle. ^_^ After using it for several days, I come to conclusion:

- Lovely fresh scent!
- So jasmine
- Not so overpowering
- Gentle, classy + classic
- OK staying power

Too bad, my mother finds it a bit irritating. But again, everyone has different nose to sniff, right? :)

kewart
kewart

I find Idylle EDT to be a very well-behaved, polite scent that suggests good manners and exemplary hygiene!
On me, the lily of the valley shines out more than any other note. I feel pretty when I wear this scent, but not edgy or overtly sensuous. It is hard to dislike it and it would be perfect for work as it is unlikely to offend anyone. A good stand-by,go-to scent IMO.

melia
melia

Yes I agree with hapa! The funny thing is that when I was testing the edp, I fell in love with the opening, but the drydown always gave me some doubts. It was this fresh delightfull floral with a dirty dry patchouli, and the whole time I thought how it would be without that strange patchouli. Well, it is the edt! Slightly softer, without that 'outsider note'. But somehow, even if I find that patchouli a bit weird in a not so fantastic way, I'm now not sure whether I would like to have the edt more. It seems like it lost a bit charactre. Lost some uniqueness. But the edt is still a very lovely one too :)

hapa
hapa

Had gone in for the purpose of trying on the EDP (for about the tenth time--I take my time committing to a fragrance) but ended up with the EDT on one wrist and the EDP on the other as well as samples of both from the very helpful sales associate at Debenhams on Henry Street. So I have had both on for 24 hours and will now try and articulate the differences between the two.

Firstly, they are both floral and somewhat sweet but in a very gentle and indulgent manner. One feels they are in a perfect bath surrounded by fresh flowers as opposed to being drenched in some 2 euro body spray. Rarely does a floral fragrance appeal to me as much as these two do. There is something about the possibility of smelling like a drawer liner or an old lady on the bus that normally keeps me far, far away from floral fragrances. This one in both EDT and EDP, however, has a hold on me.

The EDT is just the slightest bit more floral with what I think is a very fresh lilac. The EDP is just that bit more musky but ever so gently that one does not know it is musk they are smelling. Rather there is a very light "earthier" note that seems much more complex than musk.

In addition to the floral notes there is s very slight sweetness that seems more honey than burnt sugar. The EDT and EDP both have this in abundance but, again, in a rather muted effect.

Please do yourself the favour and try this and its sister on and see if you can see which you'd rather buy because I know I just might have to buy them both since they are both so perfect.

Idylle Eau de toilette by Guerlain 3.99 out of 5 based on 333 ratings and 30 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Idylle Eau de toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Idylle Eau de toilette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Idylle Eau de toilette by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Idylle Eau de toilette by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.