Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Insolence Guerlain for women
dislike

I have it: 1128 I had it: 529 I want it: 799 My signature: 56

Insolence Guerlain for women Videos
Insolence Guerlain for women Pictures Insolence Guerlain for women Pictures Insolence Guerlain for women Pictures Insolence Guerlain for women Pictures Insolence Guerlain for women Pictures Insolence Guerlain for women Pictures Insolence Guerlain for women Pictures Insolence Guerlain for women Pictures Insolence Guerlain for women Pictures Insolence Guerlain for women Pictures Insolence Guerlain for women Pictures

Insolence is a new bold fragrance for young women. The face of perfume is the movie star Hilary Swank, the Oscar-winner for the main role in the 'Million Dollar Baby' film. This perfume will most probably surprise the Guerlain perfumes fans, as it is rather unusual, modern and fruity sweet. But, Guerlain is not afraid to surprise, and even provoke.

There is a delicate and soft violet waiting for you in the top notes, followed by red-fruits cocktail with raspberry domination. The heart is floral-sweet, composed of violet, rose, and orange blossom. At the end, sweet raisins and balsams together have joined iris and Tonka bean to round the composition. The creators of Insolence are Maurice Roucel i Sylvaine Delacourte, and the half-sphere bottle with the rose-like shaped stopper was created by Serge Mansau. The perfume was launched in 2006.

Raspberry Bergamot Red Berries Lemon

Lacrimosa
Lacrimosa

❀ Candied-spicy violets...
...juicy sweet-sour berries...♪

Lovely powdery sillage, warm resinous drydown and a full day longevity, which has never happened to me before ❤

llburris

UPDATE: It's now been 2 1/2 hours and this is still going STRONG. I'm blown away. I thought the majority of fragrances released during the 10-15 years were getting weaker and weaker. I am SO glad I purchased this. I WILL be buying another to stock up on. I don't think I'll be able to live without this ;o)

llburris

I am wearing this for the first time today. I am really impressed so far. I put it on about an hour ago and the sillage is still doing really well! That doesn't usually happen for me with new fragrances. I usually have to have something (that first my skin doesn't eat alive) or was from the 80s and 90s. I feel like I am enveloped in a lovely honey-esque cloud. Awesome.

Beautiful violet and berries combo. It is rather more teasing than comforting, but I like it very much! I find it very charming, light and alluring. It's secret weapon in hands of a temptress.

sniffani
sniffani

I love violets and raspberries! This scent to me smells like violet laundry detergent - the lemony soapiness really comes out for me. It is definitely bold and unexpected. I have to admit I bought this partly for the bottle as it looks so elegant but modern like a ballerina. The staying power of this is amazing, EDT one spray is sufficient and I have had my bottle forever. It almost gets stronger the longer it is on which not everybody can handle. I would not say it's an everyday perfume but definitely for when you want to be noticed. If you like sweet, powdery, strong floral scents (almost synthetically so) this is for you.

vos
vos

another guerlain that does not suit me. It is not their fault. i should know by now that violet scents do not work wel with me. The violet leaf is often to earthy and so i thought i could try a combination of the flower with something sweet. But to no succes. The romantic image and smel from the fresh flower wil always apeal to me but may never be captured in a way that i can stomach.

lanzsu
lanzsu

The strongest parfume I've ever used. Lasts forever :D It's for those women who want to be noticed, nobody can hide while wearing This. For me it's the No.1 party scent, smells like frozen raspberry, like ice. But be careful, it needs space. Should be vaporized from a bigger distance.

happycapybara
happycapybara

I just received my long awaited bottle of Insolence today. This was a blind buy because I could not find a store anywhere that carried this to give it a pre-purchase sniff. I wasn't worried because I knew it was for me when I saw the notes- specifically violets, and then berries and tonka… I was right! Sweet candied violets with berry powdery deliciousness. Guerlain has captured the fabled "lipstick smell." To my nose, it is perfect. It also reminds me of something from my childhood, (barbie makeup kit, perhaps?) I feel very much the principessa in this scent. Only one other fragrance gives me this same feeling when worn and that is Lolita Lempicka. I will bring this out for for dates with husband when I want to look and feel my absolute most beautiful. Such a special, sweet scent. Wonderful, wonderful job Guerlain, thank you so much! <3

mamino
mamino

There are very few scents out there that I dislike and this is the No:1 among them. It literally makes my stomach churn and puts me off the person wearing it for good. I can't think of another smell I dislike more than this one.

SzekelyEmoke
SzekelyEmoke

Very nice long lasting perfume. The drydown is very similar to Lancome La Vie est Belle, which I don't really like; too warm, spicy and soapy for summer. Overall is a good perfume, just not my favourite.

Chilly28r
Chilly28r

Oh behave! Guerlain's Insolence.

You smell too wonderful to live up to your name.

This perfume is the absolute perfect choice for the woman who wants to complement her strong, bold character.

It has gorgeous, undulating waves of violet and raspberry notes that makes this "rude" perfume conduct itself with grace and aplomb.

:0)

auroramaria
auroramaria

This is the best chic make up smell! It is so beautiful powdery and sweet andso rfined i own the edp which i love but now i have a crush on the edt that is more delicate

AthenaSmith
AthenaSmith

This is for a strong, confident woman who marches to the beat of her own drum and isn't afraid to stand out and be different. The scent, with an above-average sillage that could turn heads and draw attention, is predominantly a floral, but not of the light, delicate, and demure variety; it comes on rich and robust and very potent. It is bold and unusual, distinctive and uncommon; you'll rarely find anything similar and you won't worry about smelling like everyone else. Just a little goes a long way, and the staying power is good.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

Parma violets and makeup powder with a hint of hairspray. This is what I would call a "vanity table" fragrance- it smells like the dressing table of a woman who would have lived in the 40s. It's not dated, but it also feels a bit too mature for me at age 19. It's pretty and soft, but I also don't want to wear violet very often. Personally I think Frederich Malle's Lipstick Rose is a much better violet, but if you don't want to pay as much this would be an acceptable alternative. The sillage is soft, which is good for violets in my opinion because I prefer to keep my violet scents close to the skin.

nikoleta1

Two dominant notes: violet and musk, very long lasting, classy, you can't go wrong with Guerlain. Blind deal for me that turned very pleasant.

sandraperdigao89
sandraperdigao89

I am sorry, but this is a big dislike. The violets are so prominent here, they suck for attention. I can barely smell any other notes. The lasting power is enormous and I have no words for the sillage, everyone will notice you are wearing perfume, which is a good thing I think. I would never tell this is an EDT, can you believe it??! Actually I received a lot of compliments, but I just can't wear this. The violets are too invasive. I have other perfume bottles in my closet, but this one invaded the closet and all the other perfumes were annihilated by it's presence, so you can imagine how big this projection is.
As I couldn't stand this perfume, I gave the bottle to a friend ( it's her signature anyway).

patxaran
patxaran

If you think violets are old fashioned then I urge you to try this. If you dislike waxy violets (I struggle with them) then you must try this. I have both Insolence EDP and EDT and love them very much. Today I put on just one spritz of the EDT in my cleavage and was surrounded by a soft gentle cloud all day long: sweet violet with confectioners sugar yet never sticky, this fragrance for me has a distinctly aloof and cold vibe. Like an icecream that's still too cold to eat when you take it out of the freezer... you smell the aroma and imagine what it will taste like but no matter how sweet it is it's not sticky because it is frozen. I hope that makes a little sense ...
In this case I see little difference in longevity and sillage between EDT and EDP, the EDT is strong. But you should try them both to find which one you may prefer. Although I am not generally into fruity scents I really love the lighthearted, playful raspberry and grape note in the EDT. It reminds me of some Japanese purple grape candies.

faeriegiirl
faeriegiirl

I was really looking forward to trying this perfume, my first bad blind buy. I think my distaste for this perfume is more on me than on the perfume. The reason is that in high school years ago the school used this pink liquid soap in the girls bathrooms. It was very strong but not a bad odor. Insolence smells just like that pink soap. So now every time I smell it I am reminded of public bathrooms. Ooh it's so frustrating. But for the record the sillage and longitivtiy is great.

miha.vld
miha.vld

Oh boy,what a crazy violet we have here...This isn't an EDT,it's a bomb!!!

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

If you have ever read Laura Ingalls Wilder's book By the Shores of Silver Lake, you probably remember the final chapter, when her toddler sister, Grace, wanders off and they can't find her in the high grass that goes for countless miles in every direction.

When Laura finally finds her: "There, in a great pool of blue, was Grace. The sun shone on her golden hair blowing in the wind. She looked up at Laura with big eyes as blue as violets. Her hands were full of violets. She held them up to Laura and said 'Sweet! Sweet!'"

This perfume is a great pool of violet grace, but it is not in the least childish. It is huge, and it will stay with you, and it will go and find the people around you as well.

maltatude
maltatude

I LOVE VIOLET.

This is a yes for me. It's a classic violet fragrance. It doesn't pong... I find it a bit lighter than Balenciaga.

I am going to have to test this one again and compare it with Balenciaga and the Essentielle.

For me... after spending a few minutes perusing the mainstream fragrances, I head over to the Guerlain counter and take a whiff of any of their perfumes and think to myself - ah!

A good take on a classic fragrance has it's place in my wardrobe - sometimes I want to feel a bit old worldly.

vongocap
vongocap

There's something déjà -vu in this scent, it's not totally original, there should be an old 70's or 80's scent similar to this, but I can't remember..does anybody know?? And it's loud, overpowering, offensive. I dislike it totally, I can't imagine someone wearing it without horrifying everyone around. Insolence is a perfect name for it, so berry-berryish harsch and nauseating, it's really disturbing me. I don't know about the flankers and I even don't wanna discover.. But this is a nightmare for me..although I normally like strong and loud fragrances, but as they're individual, this is definitely not for me, even the bottle looks totally silly. In any case, try it first, no blind buys recommended, there's really something weird about it, although the ingredients sounds beautiful, this fragrance is absolutely not a crowd pleaser. Love or hate I guess. Certainly no love for me..yuck

polly golightly
polly golightly

bomba viola!

deadidol
deadidol

A big old flowery, peachy explosion structured around the merging of violets with aldehydic fruit notes. It’s a huge, thick scent that feels surprisingly dated given its 2006 release date. There are a lot of berries upfront, but they don’t feel too jammy or even real—more like a culmination of food flavoring with a heavy dose of artificial sweeteners added. The sweetness lacks body and comes off a tad waxy, yet the whole composition is dense—which sort of contradicts the sweeter aspects and makes for a bit of a destabilizing wear. The fruits are too aldehydic—too dry and fake smelling, and it feels like it should have been far more diaphanous than it actually is. Consequently, rather than evoking the impression of, say, a fruit orchard—or even a bowl of fresh berries—I get more of an image of ‘70s hair salon in which the scent of loud, screechy berry shampoos are passed back and forth amidst the noise of hair dryers, running water, and loud chatter. This scent is cacophonous in more ways than one, and after thirty minutes, I wanted it off my skin.

Nil3

I feel like the'Insolence Missionary'person.

My third review. Just wanted to share with you,as I did with one person on this website,that this fragrance likes' space'. Do NOT keep the bottle close to your earlobe,wrist,neck. NO.DO NOT DO THAT!

Insolence likes space.

The further the better. Far away sprays on your chest. A bit on the left,a bit on the right....maybe a third on the middle part of your chest.
Insolence becomes rude the closer you keep it.....far away is the key to get the most out of it.

Insolence likes to spread all over. Insolence likes space.

Holli
Holli

This smells exactly like "Mr. Bubble" bubblebath. Very happy inducing and Guerlain quality! I love it.

Donna Amethyst
Donna Amethyst

Incredibly long lasting – 2 days even after shower and changing clothes, I don´t have to spray myself the next day! For me it´s a definite raspberry scent. It reminds me of a raspberry flavoured candy from my childhood. It was a long way for me to this perfume, because although I liked it from the first moment, for a long time I considered it too juvenile, although with a Guerlain quality. It´s very powdery which is not typical to fragrances aimed at very young girls and I love the sandalwood in it. Then I realized, that I use it quite often and like it more and more and don´t mind that somebody can think that it´s too childish, so I have bought a bottle and enjoy it very much! By the way I have received just compliments on it.

HausFrau
HausFrau

I completely adore this fragrance- Uh, about an hour into it. The top notes are revolting. Like, almost threw it's little UFO shaped bottle I blind bought out the car window onto the freeway. Glad I didn't because it becomes delicious. The weird, dirty castile soap smell (you know, like when you're bathing with Dr. Bronner's and you lather up your bits... that smell. so, so, SO gross.) dissipates a few minutes in, and it just takes a little bit to go through it's snotty adolescence and get on with life. It's the child you're glad you didn't strangle when they were 15 because they turned out pretty great. Just wish we didn't have to go through all that difficult "YOU'RE GROUNDED!" nonsense to get there.

Nil3

I have already written a review,but feel like I have to share what my husband told me 2 days ago:

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. Got mixed feelings.
Me: Do u want me to stop wearing it or is it bearable?
Hubby: No,no.....it's nice. Just don't get another bottle of it. PLus,it get's a bit irritating inside a closed car.

He's right. Outside it's very pleasant,sprayed far away on your SKIN. SKIN....NOT clothes. For the rest,I'm enjoying this raspberry/violet jewel as mentioned below. ;) My first and last. Love it and will remember it,and will enjoy it as long as i have it.

Sannee77
Sannee77

Definitely Guerlain! Modern and classic at the same time. Strong and slightly smoky violet opening, a softer powdery drydown. Elegant, slightly chilly, upper class. Not my personal favorite since I like warmer and "dirtier" fragrances, but nice.

Today I got a miniature of Van Cleef&Arpels Feerie, and was seriously surprised when I found it to smell exactly like Insolence! The same smoky violet. Anyone else had the same experience?

arrode
arrode

I had someone describe this perfume as clean and fresh smelling on me, though that's not how I would necessarily describe it personally. To me, it smells very powdery and slightly sharp from the tart berries. It dries down to something sweet, which I love. I think the drydown after the super powderiness of the opening is my favorite. It lasts at least 8 hours on me and can be detected a few feet away.

MissCupcake1624
MissCupcake1624

This fragrance is very clean, fresh, and girly smelly. My first time trying it, I didn't like it, but I gave it another shot. I am glad I did. I do like it, not sure if I like it enough to purchase it, but it is certainly a nice, soft, fragrance that lasts. I have had it on today for about 10 hours so far and I can still smell it on me. The scent much reminds me of Johnson's Baby Lotion, with a bit more floral added into it.

jujuba4596
jujuba4596

This is genuine.
Pure violet. A classic but rock violet fragrance.
I could smell this for days. It's clean, fresh, powdery and a little sweet. I don't know why I didn't like it at first. I think I was to young to understand. After the violet, I can smell some hidden raspberrys then the cherry on the bottom.
Divine!!

nikoleta1

This is not a fruity floral group, instead it is a mature floral perfume with strong violet, no much sweetness, but sophisticated development. I like it , it grows on you, like many Guerlain perfumes, that require some personal perfume sensitivity development, education and growth.

midnightpurplerose
midnightpurplerose

Smells pretty like soft sweet violets. Very grown up as well. Slightly powdery but nothing offending.

Germany
Germany

I love insolence. It use to be my signature for years when it first came out I wore it for two years straight.... Absolute love for me. Then my local Hudson Bay stopped selling it and I started wearing other ones.
Just a few days ago I purchased LOVE In BLACK by Creed and omg did it ever remind me of insolence. Even my husband said ," this is a familiar smell that I love".I knew he meant insolence as it's almost identical and we started dating when insolence was my signature. So double love him, I was still exciting to him then lol
Anyways , back to the perfume , its a VIOLET ROSE !!!! Smells like lipstick and violets and rose and some red berries. Compared to Creed its a little sweeter and more powdery other than that it's almost the same. Now that I have Creed I may not need to search for it again but boy I would love to have this again. I wonder if its discontinued?
Like all violet charms , this one is a love / hate. Its love for me. A LOT of love!!

CathieH
CathieH

I don't know this perfume at all, but the mere fact of being from the House of Guerlain I really want to experience it. I have Shalimar, a decant of L'Instant and a sample vial of Mitsouko (both courtesy of the love anitaoolong in a swap we did)and I love those.

I saw a video on YouTube about perfumery and a young french mother took her 12 year old daughter into Guerlain for her first perfume (I wish Guerlain had been my first perfume)and the perfume chosen for her was Insolence, so I understand with it's components and everyone's comments about it being sweet and fruity why it was chosen for this very very lucky 12 year old. But being...ahem....older to say the least, I don't know if it would be something for me. But I HAVE to try it nonetheless. I will have to get my hands on a sample vial somehow.

HollyBiani
HollyBiani

If you normally don't like rose, this is the only rose scent I have ever liked. The powdery violet from this HAND LOTION is more powerful than the sweet Angel perfume I already had on! The sandalwood/violet/rose combo is sensual. The sweetness faded out quick on my skin.

Finally it's my turn!

Each single one of you review writers drove me insane and more and more curious about this 'Raspberry Jewel'. SO many haters....SO many lovers.It became so famous in my eyes that it became a celebrity and I finally met it.I blind bought it....
Well,sort of.
I remembered a friend of mine wearing it and it was awful. Stingy.....electric shots shooting up and down my nose.

Now I got it and let me tell you that my skin is a fragrance eater...THANK GOD!
You know that feeling when you first meet that someone and all you wanna do is just be and stay close to him/her as much as possible?

This is Insolence to me.

What a beauty. What a sweet beauty. I'm an anti gourmand person and this is a powdery sweet pleasant feminine scent. No guy could pull this of!

I actually felt like a better person wearing this last night.First time yesterday,and first compliment as well the same night.
I don't know how violets smell....but I do know how good perfume smells.

app9
app9

My roommate used to wear this. And good golly did I hate it. It's so sharp and stingy, and the fruits on top with the powdery iris creates a nauseating, fluffy sugary shock. It was hard to live in our apartment for a while, until I gently told her, that this gives me a serious headache. Usually perfumes don't do that to me. She was nice enough to switch this to Valentino's "Valentina", which I love love love on her.

Usually I adore Guerlain. This, not that much. And compared to the other "new Guerlain", La petit robe noir, this is just cheap. No no, not for me, or anyone living with me.

matereac9
matereac9

got a sample bottle of this and it has had one use and now sits in my perfume box. not nice. really not one for me. i don't get any of the fruits in the top notes. it really reminds me of one of the cheap sets you get for children. the ones that all smell the same and all smell cheap.

dimplesg
dimplesg

I am a perfume lover and I can tolerate most perfumes but this is one perfume that I cannot tolerate. It makes me feel nauseaous. I feel so bad saying this as it is from a top designer/perfume house

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

This is cheap candy, and reminds me of a celebrity scent. It is fairly linear. It's a waste of such a great perfume title - it's nowhere near capricious, dangerous, interesting enough. It's pretty, but so are far better perfumes. I think it lets down its House, especially when you have the rich and opulent Samsara in the same spread of cards.

If you were wanting something like this, but better, I'd suggest Parisienne, YSL.

Irinka Popova
Irinka Popova

sprayed on a paper strip it lasts already 10 days...no joke!!!definately must buy it again...!!!

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

A very lovely scent. It is sweet without being gourmand. It's floral without being nauseating. Warning ladies it is potent. Please spray this one on your body and not your clothing. It's got amazing silage and lasting power. One of the few perfumes made with quality to last. What is hard is that many perfumes are so poor they do not last we are trained to apply more. But when you come across a perfume like Insolence be careful as mentioned above. You will be a silage monster. I love this fragrance and find it lovely with a powdery trail. It's truly beautiful. I am not really getting the face powder thing but it's unique and I enjoy it very much.

Tamsey
Tamsey

One of my favourite scents since 2007..Very warm and stays all day Love it

Jenge
Jenge

I'm loving this little gem! It's a posh, powdery candy without being juvenile. I feel like it has an old school make-up scent, mixed with some modern sweet notes . I picture putting Choward's violet candies in a blender with raspberry hard candies and pulverizing them. Then adding that to a beautiful crystal container of iris body powder and dusting yourself with a big, pink puff! Fun and classy at the same time.

I think this will work best in cold weather as it's quite sweet. It puts me in a good mood!

lauren.gonzalez.963
lauren.gonzalez.963

What a unique scent! Its so powdery witch is something i usually don't like, however the little raspberry in it makes it lovely for the sweet and gourmand lover like me! Its totally got a little fizzy feel to it. In fact it reminds me of those strawberry Japanese Ramune drinks; fizzy and every so slightly flavored with sweet fruit. It gives e a light blue vibe too so Im guessing someone who likes sweets and LB will like this as well! I LOOOOOVE!

Museumgal
Museumgal

The violet was really beautiful but the fruit is just too sweet and it overwhelms the composition. The drydown is divine but there is just so much sweet candied fruit to get through first.

christianne1
christianne1

I bought this for two reasons: 1) it was created by Maurice Roucel who created two of my favorites of all time Musc Ravageur and Labdanum 18...and 2) because I read a couple of comparisons to Lipstick Rose.

Insolence smells nothing like Lipstick Rose to me. They share some of the same notes on paper but the composition is so different it is hard for me to find hardly any similarity. The opening could not possibly be more different. There may be just a spec of similarity in the dry down but it sure isn't much. So, if anyone is looking for Lipstick Rose for a bargain you won't find it here, sorry.

Insolence was created for young women (and I am not one) so the appeal may be less for me than it would be for someone younger. It isn't something I normally wear or gravitate toward. Floral, fruity, sweet and semi-powdery. Super feminine. It smells like the kind of scent that men tend to like on women though.

Insolence isn't anything for me to get excited over (sorry Monsieur Roucel) but it wasn't created for someone my age so that could have a strong bearing on my opinion of it. Insolence could smell really nice on the right person, someone with a personality and age more suitable to it. The name is very puzzling to me as this is a more coquettish fragrance, hardly insolent.

kayraven
kayraven

I don't really understand what the whole fuzz is about. This scent is nothing unique at all. It just smells like a very sweet violet. I was surprised that Guerlain has something so ridiculously straightforward and bold. I guess I dislike this fragrance also due to my general dislike of fruity floral scents. I am more into fresh or woody scents with a complicated structure. Here I feel no mystery. It's all so obvious that I don't even feel like smelling it again. Bad job. Though the bottle is cute. It is very stylish and I really like the colour. But it's not worth buying the product just for the pretty bottle.

KaseyC
KaseyC

This one has a strong top note of berries. Nothing but sweet. And the scent is very soapy. It's like the scent I got when I walk into a hotel washroom. When it dries down, the violet note comes out nicely. Not so soapy but still... Honestly, I won't wear it or people might think I always come out from the washroom.

Amarilis60
Amarilis60

Similar to EDP but is not as rich and alluring, but I like it a lot - so different from all the other perfumes in the market. Unfortunately it has disappeared from the AUS shops, so I was looking for an alternative. I have tried Lollipop Splash Inseparable Mariah Carey, because 133 people clicked "yes" button on the page meaning it is similar to Insolence EDT. I think these people are just joking!!))How these 2 can be compared? 2 absolutely different perfumes that do NOT share any , at least smallest, similarities! I wonder why some people try to mislead other people? What is going on with perfumistas noses?)))) Do not buy blindly Inseparable , if you look for something similar!!!!!
_________

so happy that probably admin removed this odd comparison!!

midnight rose
midnight rose

oh my god!!!!!this perfume...i'm in love with this!!this smell is..super womanly!!!i love it!

Scout
Scout

Suffocating. I ran from any fragrance with a violet note in it just because I detested this sooo much. Then I learned it wasn't the violet per se; it is the way this perfume is constructed. It is highly synthetic. Highly sweet. The projection multiplies. I don't get the fruit at all. It has this veil that tangles your senses. The more you struggle to ignore its ongoing smothering, the more it projects. I need an oxygen mask around this. It reminds me vaguely of Hypnose, but 100 times more intense. Hypnose is not good on me for the same layering smothering effect, but it wears beautifully on my mother. I handed her my bottle of Insolence, and before she could even spray it she got a terrified look on her face and said NO. It was screaming just from the aura projecting from the nozzle. I would love to meet the woman that can wear this.
Insolent indeed.

njaalgahaisyeini
njaalgahaisyeini

My first scent -- I am only getting into fragrances and my most recent memories are going through my grandmother's Yves Rocher samples as a kid, so bearing that in mind... Anyway I got a small bottle of the EdT and was at first a bit repulsed by the out-of-bottle granny-like scent, but on skin this actually wears beautifully and maintains the powdery qualities for hours. I applied some on my wrist last night and after 12 hours I can still smell a very faint, very pleasant remnant of it. I am waiting to test the EdP since that has gotten better reviews. But what I don't get is the marketing for "young" women -- I'm 28 and somehow I am still getting into how mature this fragrance feels on me.

Nil3

Nonetheless,all the negative reviews. I WILL blind buy it. I'm not the black and white girl,,,,hate or love it. I'm sure I will learn to appreciate it and to like it a lot.And learn how to use it most importantly.

Maodo
Maodo

'I smell the raspberry sweets that i ate as a child! ' my husband surprisely noticed, right before he slipped in to childhood memories. 'Wonderful sweets, yummie sweets, fruity sweets of which you can't get enough', he explained. 'We bought them in a candyshop for no money. But let it better be sweets, not perfume.'

Fully clear to me. And i think i agree with him. For my taste Insolence is a sweet and fruity - and certainly a nice, romantic and violet feminine - scent that rather must be tasted though, more than smelled.

florencia
florencia

Insolece...is not for everybody, it depends on your PH an type of skin...on my is very ligth i can smell violets and cherries.....

gsevrain
gsevrain

La verdad le siento olor a remedio.! No termino de acostumbrarme, tiene un olor muy fuerte, termina repugnandome. Es una fragancia que puede gustarle a las mujeres, pero no se si mucho a los hombres, unicamente cuando recien empieza a ser mas suave despues de varias hs de uso. Es muy durable mas de 8 hs. Sin duda la calidad excelente. Pero no es el tipo de perfume que me de vuelta por el aroma. Calificacion General 6/10.

lily13ana
lily13ana

I have it on my hand for 2 h and it became sweet like a syrup. I wouldn't pay so much money for this perfume.

heymoe9
heymoe9

Whoa do I get violets!! At first it was too much, but as the time wore on it mellowed and smelled pretty good. I believe it needs something to calm it down, but I still love it.

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

violet is one of my favourite notes, and this is by FAR, my favourite violet scent.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Insolence and its EDP version both share a very powdery texture. While the EDP focuses on the blue flowers, Insolence EDT has much more prominent raspberries' and red berries' sweet tartness. These red fruits are well mixed into violet and are difficult to discern one from another. However, their efforts for making the fragrance more playful are certainly easy to spot. Violet candy is an excellent comparison. However, it's certainly not a girly one who's begging for admiration, but one with extreme confidence and even a little bit of arrogance, whether it'll be appreciated or not.

I personally am more attracted by the EDP version as it's deeper. But with its moderate sillage and a longevity at least for 8h as well, I certainly would not mind adding it into my collection one day.

biki
biki

Dont know why such name. My friend got it as a gift and that is where i first saw it. Strangely enough it did not set me into any particular mood or evoked any special emotion in me, but it is well-blended and perfumy in a good way. Did not like it from the bottle,but on the skin it is amazing. I like it.

roseredlolita

This one has a powdery ,woody, floral nose to it I was disappointed after buying it but I love the bottle my insolence however I think I prefer since it's a bit more sweet this was a hard scent to find though I got it at a place called dew drops in the mall

MLK
MLK

It took me a while to like this perfume. At first I thought it was too strong and floral. But now I really love it. Even the EDT is quite long lasting so a little goes a long way. Good for evening, very classy and sophisticated. Lovely violet mixed with iris scent, luminous and smells like an expensive perfume - which it is! The EDP is also lovely.
The only negative thing I could say about this perfume is the strange bottle design. I prefer the 'traditional' elegant Guerlain designs in the square bottle as in Mitsouko and L'Heure Bleue.

flying_colours
flying_colours

Oh no...this is awful. Well it's one of those cases where I can tell that it's a well-made perfume, and it seems to get great reviews everywhere, but I can't stand how this smells. It smells like Parma Violets. I always hated Parma Violets. I thought they tasted like perfume, haha! Insolence is so cloying, and I don't usually get headaches from perfumes but this gives me one! In the drydown it becomes more powdery and musky, which makes me hate it slightly less, but it's fairly linear. It's not for me. Sillage and longevity are great though. Don't wear it to work.

id
id

I'm not into floral fruity scents, but I like this because of an interesting violet and berry composition. Red berries keep it from being too sweet, and iris softens the smell but it doesn't become overpowdered. Interesting,very long lasting 24 hours plus (even longer on clothes) ant not girly.

Mariana444
Mariana444

A "loud" scent, not very sofisticated, but pleasant anyway. For my nose - violet-vanilla.

shanghaifleur
shanghaifleur

I have a love-hate relationship with Insolence. Most of the times I can't pull off its headiness, the sweetness is just too opressive and it makes me feel like if there is a lack of oxygene around me...

But there are some times, other times, when I feel myself drawn to it, almost craving its voluptuous berry and violet notes...Strange, right? Most people around me absolutly hate this perfume, starting with my husband, but most admit that on me, this perfume smells just right. They actually don't believe me when I tell them that what they are smelling is in fact Insolence!...

The longevity of this scent is incredible, and on clothes its almost forever lasting. As of sillage, let's say that it's not for nothing that this perfume was named "insolence": it truely owns the room in a daring and provocative way.

Not for shrinking violets IMO, or else this perfume will totally wear you.

aveilhe
aveilhe

Unfortunately, Insolence is a sickly violet bomb on me -- and the super-sweet berry notes simply contribute to this. It reminds me of an old-fashioned violet eau de cologne that someone gifted me as a girl, combined with cherry cough syrup. It was one of those perfumes that I couldn't wait to scrub off at the end of the day. Yikes! I know a lot of perfumistas who love this, so I was a bit disappointed in the reaction it had with my chemistry. Sweet violets are just not my cup of tea: I prefer a fresh-green violet or a woody violet.

kitka
kitka

Insolence is a favorite of mine... from the moment I smelled a tester sample on me, I just loved it, it's unique. It smells like sweet cherries (which I love), not too strong, just right. This is one of those fragrances that I loved to smell on me and as I wore it, I so enjoyed the pleasing scent lingering in the background. I found it comforting. The thing I found odd about it though, was that I wore it until the bottle was empty--and I NEVER ever received a comment or a compliment on it. I never understood that. I am thinking that there are a lot of people not fond of the smell of cherry, so maybe it didn't appeal to very many. I think this is the only fragrance I owned that I loved so much but never received any feedback on. I still would buy it and enjoy it--just for me. At least no one told me it was horrible.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

So many dislikes for this fragrance... I am surprised!

I've never been a big fan of violets (they're so dry they burn my nose and eyes!). So I gave this a try without expecting too much. I was in for a very big surprise!!

I have smelled this before because an old roommate of mine used to wear it. It's actually a funny story because she came to have this perfume in a very awkward situation. We used to be maids together and she would always spray this perfume on whenever we would clean this one lady's house, which is obviously a big no-no and totally NOT OK in my book! But she loved it so much she could not stop doing it. So guess what? After being in trouble for doing this, a friend of her gifted her the fragrance so she would not get in trouble anymore (technically, it is theft!).

So back to the fragrance. It has a very ozonic opening and I was schocked to get wafts of my beloved Heure Bleue mixed with a playful tart berry note. Is this possible? I feel like Insolence is a modernized/optimistic/brat (yes little brat as in the French insolent..!) version of Heure Bleue. It's all dry violet and playful berries for the first couple hours... and then the fun begins.

Insolence warms up on my skin and becomes sweeter and sweeter... and tarter? Not celeb scent sweet, but expensive French candied petals sweet. The resins and raspberries are not without reminding me of the excellent Balmain La Mome, hommage to the tragic Edith Piaf. But the whole thing is much lighter here and less "baroque" with the strong violet note that lifts the whole composition. It goes strong on me and lasts forever... much more complex than I imagined and a definite classic in my book. Truly a Guerlain... with a bit of insolence.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

This fragrance is my record breaking compliment getter. More people have commented on the loveliness of this scent on me than any other scent I've worn, and there have been many. Insolence is a grown up floral fruity scent, and definitely signature Guerlain. Beautifully refined violet, roses, and powder are nicely combined in this perfume, and the sillage and longevity are both representative of quality. Balsam keeps it calm and feminine, and lets it make its presence known without stepping on any toes. Something about this fragrance just works with my skin chemistry. No complaints here!

beatrix75
beatrix75

reall Guerlain signature !its a modern scenIt for strong womens who they know what they want its sophisticated very long lasting frag .he start out with berries, & violet then become sweet, fruity and powdery scent excelent staying power super creamy and feminine !!i love together with My insolence its my signature now !!!

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

I am wearing Insolence in my pj's this morning for the sole purpose of review. Violets are right on up there with roses for me when it comes to flower fragrance. The opening is quite strong and all the elements seem to blast you at once then, minutes later, it's like it mellows like a fine wine when it is opened and airing out. I have the EDP and it is quite heavy and I am sure it has great lasting power 1) because it is Guerlain 2) it comes on almost with an oily base. I love it! I told my daughter I probably wouldn't wear it as an everyday perfume. And she said 'Mom let's save it for special occasions' I guess she likes it to..she's 12 and knows a good thing when she smells it.

Happy Perfuming!

monamonib
monamonib

after reading most reviwer and made openion that the eau de toilet more fresh than eau de perfume iwent to the shop and tried it in the same time itried le petit robe noire i think the note mixed and ibought insolance eau de toilete but first spray was not the smell igot in the shop it is like the oil stick to skin one spray is enough it is thick it need cold weather to show its beauty u can smell it when someone passed next to u and the air move but ifound that the citrus note mixed with the berry and give sour taste for me violet not appearing well here but if u like clearpowdery violet go to insolance eaude perfume which ialready have the notes of berry is very good then it settle down to very thick bowdery violet and iused in winter only one spray is enough if we want to compare other lancome midnight rose will be very quite silent to insolance for parisien extreme the berry here good clear for spring time and insolance for winter thanks pls note insolance eau de toilet stays long but when ithink it is gone she said iam here thanks for me ido not like to write much but ithink this review may be good for the one whowant compare.

DariDahlia
DariDahlia

This is a very pretty, feminine fragrance. The dry down smells more like warm skin than floral perfume. Very sexy in a mysterious way. Not too "girly".

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

Finally, now I have smelled Insolence Edt!
It was love at first sniff.
Violets and powder, oh my. I`m such a sucker for scents that smells like vintage makeup and soaps, so I guess I will HAVE to buy this. :-O
It`s very similar to LouLou Cacharel and Dana Raffinee, a bit 80´s in it`s feel. And I mean that as a good thing.
*love*

UPDATE: Oh noo! I got my bottle, and the smell wasn`t the same as in the sample at all, I`m SO disappointed. :,-(
In the sample it smelled like powdery violet soap, and in the bottle it smelled like stale liqourice and rubber. WTF! And yes, I`m sure it was the same perfume, Insolence EDT. Not My Insolence or anything. Gaaaah!

Ceylane
Ceylane

First of all I have to say That for too long have not tried this scent due to Several negative comments about her.
Well, I was wrong!
For me it is not childishly or reminds jujube. It's pretty sweet, but the sweetness is not gourmand. It's a sweet powder, violet and iris, extremely delicious, joyful, expansive and female, that at some point reminds me of Lolita EDP.
I loved since the first That Smell spray. The silage is fantastic and durability is very good also. Love it!

hadew1
hadew1

The first minute was strongly medicinal--probably a result of the berries and raisins. I anticipated having to scrub, but it has mellowed out into a nicely balanced blend of red berries, vanilla powder and violet. Will update after it's been on my skin for awhile; expecting good things of this one, even if it's more unapologetically sweet than I'd expect from Guerlain.

An hour later, and it's still got a whiff of that medicinal syrup (or hairspray?) to it--but I'm liking it, oddly enough. This is still very sweet, with the sweetness mostly coming from the raspberry (not the violets or tonka, as I would expect). I usually prefer my fruity notes "fresh" rather than "sweet," but somehow this one is not cloying. What a bizarre perfume--I feel like I SHOULD hate everything about it, but I'm enjoying the aspects that I would specifically find off-putting in any other perfume (hint of syrupyness, touch of acrid hairspray, etc). I'm trying to figure out how it can be sweet and syrupy WITHOUT being cloying or sickly. I wouldn't have thought it possible.

I usually prefer the fruits to dominate in fruity-florals (although they usually don't, with my chemistry) but I'm wishing the raspberry would shut up for a second so I can get more of the marvelous (albeit quiet) violets that are waiting in the wings.

I would never use more than one spray of this. I think two would push it from "pleasantly confusing" territory and into the realm of "good heavens what is that stench."

Next morning: the scent has vanished from skin, lingering on my clothes. After the initial burst of cough syrup, drydown was actually fairly linear. Nice fragrance, but I wish I could maybe amp up the lemon or bergamot just to freshen up the scent a little.

SERENAGELB

Violets and berries and an overwhelming powdery scent

sharon.ramsey.900
sharon.ramsey.900

another one of my favourites, distinctive without being overpowering

Vivette
Vivette

Vintage violets and berries, very feminine and classy. The kind of scent which makes you feel like a queen.Bold but not heady, can be worn in warmer seasons but it stands out mostly in autumn/ winter. Long lasting but it stays close to the skin on me.

kimmiiix
kimmiiix

Smells just like parma violets (sweets). Its lovely

daniabdalla
daniabdalla

I first tried it years ago and absolutely fell in love. I bought it and it was stolen before I could use it. Then, a year later, I didn't even try it on, I just bought it again, because my memory was of a great perfume. Something happened along the way.. Maybe I changed. But the result was, I bought the same perfume twice, spent a lot of money on it. And I absolutely can't wear it! I get incredibly nauseous, it's too strong! It's really depressing, I was sure I'd love it.

soonflower
soonflower

I'm a fan of iris and violets in perfumes.
I thought that John Galliano's perfume would be 'it' but unfortunately it dissapointed me badly.

I've rediscovered Insolence today and this is IT.

Violet and iris are prominent, surrounded with powdery cloud.

It's sweet but not sickly sweet, powder isn't suffocating.
Iris and violet aren't artificial.
Inslence smells divine on my skin.
And lasts forever.

It's No 1 on my 'must have list'.

Dhourdeen
Dhourdeen

This gorgeous perfume is sweet and flowery with a gentle fruity undertone but never sickly and develops slowly through out the day. I love the soft powdery scent which on me comes through a couple of hours after wearing it.

It's one of my favourite daytime perfumes.

One of the real problems about finding a perfume is everyones skin chemistry is so different and perfume reacts differently. I know some well know perfumes that smell wonderful on other people are dire on me.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Powdery violets and juicy berries with Guerlain touch.
Nice young at heart, sweet, fruity and powdery scent. Many are mentioning cherries, and I noticed that too; more like sweet powdery cherries, that is moderately powdery.
I like it, it has a slight touch of vintage meets present. Resins with touch of spice and smokiness to end with; however it remains sweet and juicy all the way thru. Moderate longevity.
Delicious in a way :)

busik
busik

Bird cherry!! Remember when bush cherry blossoms and you pass by...

Smunky
Smunky

I was excited to try this one, but to my disappointment, it smelled like lipstick on me. Expensive lipstick, but lipstick nonetheless. Not my cup of tea.

jamie.smith
jamie.smith

I am one of the Insolence lovers. I bought this in 2007 when I was in high school, but it just didn't suit my personality even though I loved it, so I returned it. Looking back I bought it for the woman I was becoming, not the girl I was. Cheesy, but a perfect analogy nonetheless. Since then, I've really changed into the woman this fragrance is supposed to be for: strong, intelligent, not afraid to push the boundaries.I purchased another bottle this summer and I have really been enjoying it. Some people have described this as 'blackberries and baby powder', or 'berries and hairspray'. I think both of those are correct, although I'm in the middle of those two extremes. I think it just REALLY works with my body chemistry. I feel sorry for people who can't enjoy this perfume, it took me a while, but I finally got to that place. I noticed that when I apply it to my pulse points it gets really heavy, but if I just spray it and walk through it stays deliciously light.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Powdery, floral, woody - aye! Smoky and powdery enough to make me sniff it again and not dismiss it so easily. For Middle and bottom notes, I detect violets, berries (not strawberries) and sandalwood. On the drydown, there are lots of that resin that seems to stick to my throat. It's not annoying though -- rather it makes it sensual. Hubby likes it a lot which makes me want to have a full bottle. I imagine this on a mysterious lady; quietly sophisticated and classy. This perfume would set you apart from others. Different but good.

On me,
Sillage: about a foot with a definite trail (prev: close to skin)
Longevity: more than 7 hours but softly

Update Mar2013: Thought this smelled close to skin. I smelled this on SIL's friend this month. It was strong and I was about a foot away from her. So I've since changed Sillage review.

lisann.hogstrom
lisann.hogstrom

Insolence is truly a surprise from Guerlain. the un-Guerlain shaped flacon, un-Guerlain sweets...

but its still a Guerlain! lets see. start from the the off-turning opening that I found nothing special, if not almost hideous, it slowly turned into something entirely different. sweet without getting cloying. sweet without being too girlish. this is a sweet with an elegance, a touch of Guerlain that we would instantly recognize. its not classy, I would describe Insolence as sweet-modern-elegance perfume that have a personality of its own. people will notice you for sure!

is it worth to buy? every single cent!

Bettany87
Bettany87

INSOLENCE by Guerlain is the kind of scent you fall in love with ... truly, madly, deeply.

The initial spray is attractive but did not fully get my attention, I got hints of bergamot and berries. It's nice but lacking ... then the divine dry down emerged. Sweet and alluring, highly addictive! It is one of the most sensual scents I've ever come across. The floral, citrus and other notes are blended so well that the transformation to the dry down is simply celestial. Hints of creamy musk and pleasing florals along with the tonka beans and sandalwood are detectable but not loud enough to be singled out -- the luscious notes complement each other beautifully. Powdery sweet yet never cloying, only captivating.

So, then, is it love ... ? Yes, yes, yes!

Latice
Latice

Words can not discribe how I adore this perfume.
It's an enigma - you try it, it smells one way, then in just few seconds it turns into completely different bouqet! Moreover, it leaves a very special trail...
You can always recognize Insolence, but it smells differently: the bottle, the lid, skin and clothes.
It always the same, but different, like the same notes from different octaves.
This perfume matches me so much, I sometimes think it reads my mood and changes according to it like some precious stones.
You can never get bored with this masterpiece. It always has something new and stirring for you.

heerumurjani
heerumurjani

Amazing perfume!!! Its the only one out of Guerlain's extensive range that I love. Its so soft and flowery. It is a little strong when you first spray it on, but as the day wears on it becomes that light scent that keeps you feeling fresh.

Sizzler
Sizzler

Wow, I absolutely love this! Never thought I could love such a sweet perfume, but it has really grown on me since I have tested it several times over the last year. Luscious! Bright red berries compliment lovely candied violets. I don't find this particularly powdery. Strong but never makes me feel ill. Almost too fun for everyday wear. This stuff just makes me really happy.
I just purchased the EDP which gets even better reviews than the EDT, can't wait..

Whit
Whit

This is another one of those scents I've walked past a thousand times and never smelled. I decided to give it a try and wow, very unusual but in a good way! Like other reviewers have noted, I would have never thought violets and berries would have made a nice combo, but in this one, it works. This seems to be a sillage monster as well, so for me, if I can find the perfumed body lotion, that would be enough. That's about the only way I can handle the sillage monsters. LOL I let my hubby smell it and he was impressed and wanted to know what is was. He was like "Ooooh, are you gonna buy some of that? It's really nice!" I must say, I like it too and I think it could be a romantic frag as well. This is going on my want list. :)

an.jorePipip

I was once giving my niece miniature of this fragrance. She loves it! But unfortunately the bottle broken somehow, and she feels very disappointed. Thinking to give her a big bottle of this beautiful fragrance as a surprise!

beaker90
beaker90

The opening on this one kept me from buying it for quite some time. It starts out with a sharp blast of violet and citrus which is pretty off-putting. Every time I sprayed it on a card, I felt good about passing it up.

Then an amazing deal on it popped up in my local discount perfume shop, and I figured I could at least swap it. But I decided to give Insolence a chance, and thank heavens I did.

Yes, that lemony violet still hit me in the face on first spray. But after a short five minutes, its charm shone through. The loudmouth calmed itself down into a soft, sweet, slightly smoldering raspberry angel. This darling behaved itself (with the occasional smiling nudge) for over 12 hours, finally sneaking away and leaving a trail of mellow sandalwood in its wake.

The most impressive EDT I own.

one_girl_rev
one_girl_rev

This scent is strange and I mean that lovingly. It's not everyday I come across a fragrance that leads so heavily with violet. To me, this scent smells strangely fresh, almost like a Bounce dryer sheet. It has this new spin with violet making it almost green instead of floral to my nose. The fruit notes bring it back from green, though. It becomes a complex berry scent after awhile.

I like this scent but I don't love it, rarely reach for it. I love the bottle, though.

Juma
Juma

OMG, how unique combination: violets and berries! I would never say these two goes together. But here are so lovely blended and I found my new truly love. Amazing perfume!!
Maybe it help someone easier to imagine about scent: my son, he's 22, said it's a mixture of sunlotion and PlayDoh...?? but let it be whatever, as far the perfume is so good as Insolence is.

mediterranean
mediterranean

This one is for strong women who choose men who are not scared by them.
I can picture her after a night out,taking off her coat and leaving it fall in a chair,lighting a cigarette,drinking the last glass of wine before going to bed while looking invitingly to her lover over the glass and smiling. Is there something more sexy?

finanna
finanna

My review is based on using this on-off for five years. I have tried both EdP and EdT concentrations and find the EdT "happier" and more suitable for everyday use. It really fits every occasion (except visiting asthmatic granny). Insolence is a scent I love dearly, but for me it is a bit too sweet for constant use. I like it a lot, but not sure if it is true love. Still, I always eventually buy a replacement bottle.

Although the notes may look like a random mishmash of berries, flowers and occasional spices thrown together, in a classic Guerlain manner the sum of these individual parts is at the same time both greater and lesser than one would predict. I cannot (or don't want to) pick apart different berries or flowers but instead it feels like I am sucked into this spiral of delicious extraterrestrial violets, a novel species I have never encountered before and I just want to sit back and enjoy. This is never boring, instantly recognisable on others and instantly recognisable as a Guerlain although it is very different from the classic Guerlains. Some similarities to Iris Ganache, but I find this less sickening and more appealing. Staying power is exellent!

Shimmering body milk is really good too. Moisturises lightly, is absorbed fast and the scent is very faithful to the EdT.

moonwalker
moonwalker

What a lovely smell. On the basis of the reactions of people around me I would say it is quite a crowd pleaser – when used cautiously.

As already mentioned several times, this scent is based primarily on violets with a lot of sugar thrown into the mix, and with a lot of berries. When it settles, I also get a hint of kinda sugary powder that I like.

This is a very happy scent. However, not a very shy scent. Therefore, you have to be very cautious when applying otherwise you are going to smell like a hairspray. Also, the silage of this fragrance is unbelievable and the longetivity is unbeatable. I remember that when I tried it for the first time, I could catch the whiffs of the fragrance even three weeks after I had tried it from a sample.

Lastly, this is a scent that I get very quickly bored of. After two months I can wear it again with all the passion and get bored of it again.

not insolence
not insolence

INSOLENCE е единственият виолетков парфюм,който не само понасям,но и много харесвам.Той не е само виолетки.Те са плуващи в най-фината пудра,в най-очарователния прах,който мога да си представя.Тоалетната вода(за мое учудване!) е по-добрият вариант.Парфюмът е ужасно плътен,тежащ и статичен.
Не знам защо се казва така.Може би,защото напомня за първите дамски аромати или за времена,когато жените са дръзнали да изживяват за себе си и да не се страхуват да показват своята женственост.Без да са нахални.Просто да са жени.

mochiface
mochiface

Full of violets. It lasts for hours on skin, and days on clothes / fabric. Needs to be sprayed with care, not too much or it loses its enchanting power and turns for the worst. If you do not misuse and abuse this fragrance it is truly magical.

claire25
claire25

I bought this as soon as it came out, when I was in my early twenties. I loved it, and it seemed like the bottle ran out very quickly! It would be interesting to see if I still feel the same...I'm starting to care less for sweet perfumes (especially fruity ones) as I get older.

Migalex
Migalex

This one is a nice sweet violet scent. The dominant note is violets by far, but the common violet sharpness has been softened very nicely. Stayng power is good but projection is not. I find it a bit too simple. It is very very good though.

SERENAGELB

I initially loved this scent. I sprayed it on my arm to test it out and could smell it, lightly, all day (I was at Disney World). It smells like baby powder and blackberries. Flirty but innocent.

I decided to buy it because my initial reaction was so nice, but things went sour from there. The second time I used it I experienced a very unpleasant smell that become nauseating and clung to me all day. Same with the third time.

It's a beautiful bottle and I didn't want to just throw it away so I gave it to a good friend of mine who wears it all the time. It does smell great on her, and I feel better smelling it on her than on me :)

NaniFiona
NaniFiona

Oh my god, a blast of violets! Delicious!!! Makes me happy!!
UPDATE: The blast continued for about 8 hours. And it still lingered on mu skin after that, and almost unchanged in my scarf. Never seen a longevity like that!!! Maybe with Kenzo Jungle L'elephant...
I had to take a shower after 9 hours when fiance got home, cause he doesn`t like Insolence, and the scent was still very noticeable then!

scentsilly
scentsilly

This is my absolute favourite and i own and buy A LOT of perfume!! Have actually been stopped in streets and supermarkets by people asking what the fabulous smell is. But be warned...i am a nurse and actually made one of my patients feel physically sick as he said it was so overpowering - oops perhaps not for work then - use sparingly if you dont want to knock anybody out !!!

TaniaClamp
TaniaClamp

I was completely swept away by the EdT, a deep, fresh pepperish violet-rose scent with a berry overtone and a base of iris. The pepper gives it a warm depth, the raspberry it´s freshness and combined with the violet and roses the scent never gets too fruity or candysweet. It´s a feminine, powerful and sexy scent.

The scent is an original but I think it resembles to Chloé Love in some way. They both have an edge of pepper, although Insolence is a bit sweeter.... and less rosy...but they are both just lovely. They both have a sweet, sexy stayingpower.

I looove it.... and I always get compliments when I wear it - both from woman and men!!!!! This is an must have!!!

Jag föll direkt för EdT:n, en djup, frisk pepprig violet-rosig doft med toppnoter av bär och en bas av iris. Peppartonen ger den en varm och djup karaktär, hallonet fräschören och i kombination med violet och rosor blir aldrig doften för fruktigt eller sockersöt. Den är en kvinnlig, förförande och sexig.

Doften är originell, men jag tycker den påminner om Chloé Love på något sätt. De har båda har ett sting av peppar men Insolence är lite sötare .... och mindre rosig ... men de är båda heeeelt underbara. De har båda en söt, sexig stayingpower.

Kanske att man antingen älskar eller hatar denna doften. Jag ääälskar den i alla fall!! Jag får alltid komplimanger när jag bär den - både från kvinnor och män!!!!

MrsLetterO
MrsLetterO

I love violets... but this....it's just too much. If you like violets try April Violets or Verte Violette, or My Queen.
Somebody bought this for my Mother-in-law and I wish they hadn't. Thank God it was only a miniture because the sillage is crazy. I couldn't get the smell out of the bedroom for days and it refuses to fade. The sort of headache frag that pervades lifts and toilets when someone has gone OTT on the spraying.
To me it's the marmite of all frags. You love it or you hate it.

vicka16
vicka16

I usualy like floral powdery scent, but this one is waaay too powdery and cloying. The sillage is good though, so if you like the perfume, that's a plus.

Santalrosa
Santalrosa

Was gifted this when it first came out and for the first few months it was used on heavy rotation, even won a few compliments from it. Tried again recently and something has changed - the delicate violets I loved have now changed into dirty,smoky violets clouded by an umbrella of berries and overpowering tonka - still has a pretty bottle and great longevity though.

mylancome
mylancome

Give this for a try wearing a miniature, it feels good. I know I smell this from Guerlain Whitening Essence, although I was informed the scents was individually created, but it's does smell like Insolence. This scent gives me a relaxing, soothing feel, pampering myself after come home from work.

I read an article about this perfume, the perfumer, Sylvaine Delacourte wears L'Heure Bleue as her signature perfume, so no doubt Insolence can be a 21st century L'heure Bleue as stated by other reviewers.

Insolence gives me an impression of those who wear this are ladies from the wealthy class. She can be a young queen, a princess or duchess, a timid Royal Lady-in-waiting that reminds you always sit up straight, dine or walk gracefully. She also can be some heiress.

Beware this is a strong perfume, even for a EDT. Use with cautious, and it smells beautiful. I plan to get a pure parfum soon.

Bunniewabbit
Bunniewabbit

I think this is my favorite perfume! I loved it and used it everyday until the bottle broke in my purse:( This a a very sweet and sexy perfume and i got compliments all the time!

Kamaty
Kamaty

Insolence : it's a great name for a great perfume !
Was love in the first snif . On my skin i can smell cherry and powdery but in a really good way. Is deliciuos sweet . My husband looove on me! This fragrance make me feel unique.
Who like sweet but exclusive scent is the one !

Senzadite
Senzadite

Dusty powdery violets with nice raspberry and woody undertones is what i get. im a guy and i like strong woody fragrances but when i got this sprayed on my hand by mistake i fell in love and bought a bottle (plus it cost me $30.00 dlls for a 3.4 oz.! big one)i like it and i think that if you like fragrances like Joop pour Homme, Fleur du Male, Dior Homme, etc. you are going to like this even if you´re a guy.

P.D. Lasting power is truly amazing.

bookwyrmsmith
bookwyrmsmith

This smells like gardinia with violet ,musk,and sandalwood accents on my skin.Any fruit or citrus is not evident.This scent is nice and well done but not a swoon-y one for me right now.My mini should suffice for occasional wearing.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

I love it. I grew up with Parma Violets so I think it's great. It smells just like those chalky, powdery violet candies I loved as a child. Of course, my husband thinks they smell like soap and he can't stand them, so unfortunately I don't think I will be buying this perfume anytime soon. I would not recommend this for the faint of heart. It is very strong and the initial blast of powdery violets will knock your socks off if you apply too much or aren't used to the strong smell of violets.

Tusnelda
Tusnelda

This reminds me of Italian violet-flavoured pastils. I get a nice violet-aniseed smell, but (thankfully) no berrycocktail.

liessa dalla
liessa dalla

Guerlain is well-know for its heavenly florals, rich natural scents and sophisticated orientals. Insolence is the rebel one: It is loud, extremely sweet, a parfum that doesn't care for politeness. The violets here are not just the powdery flower but a sweet caramelized dessert thrown in a berrie's pouch. Not everything is sweetness, though. After a couple minutes, Guerlain's touch appears, the delicate bouquet and resins (ambar or a vanilla tonka) come to play turning the mix into a bold and floral combination. It is too sweet for me, but I can't deny its Guerlain touch, which I really appreciate.

eskizil
eskizil

Its my favorite parfume unique and insolence. i am using since 2006 violet is sparkling.. not for everyone just for me ;)))

Hippyhop2
Hippyhop2

Violets, violets.... A sweet, fresh scent, like sour rose-red sweets with a splash of water! I love it! A spring-summer scent! Lasts for hours! Spray it on your coat and you will still smell it after two days or even more.

amber23
amber23

soooo confused about this one..... Do i like it? I dont know... Do i hate it.... i dont think I do... just cant make up my mind... Not keen on opening notes, but after few hours, all i can smell is an almondy powdery scent.

Denoula
Denoula

What I get from this is a strong blast just like the Parma Violets sweets that I still enjoy. Any other notes are pretty much lost to me other than a touch of powderiness, but that's fine. It's an appealing and feminine scent with good longevity and sillage. Maybe a bit linear for some tastes. I will use my mini occasionally and with pleasure, but doubt that I will buy again as it is on the edge of overwhelming me. Very nice, nonetheless.

andjela
andjela

really don't know what to say about this one...blast of blunt violet and powder.not bad but loud enough to wake the dead or at least bring you back after you've fainted.lovely if you like smelling salts( but somehow) in a good way.

Fiusha
Fiusha

I love the EDT; it smells like a candy… so feminine and flirty, I love wearing it in winter. I think it is NOT for young ladies below 30

outofocus
outofocus

O - M - G how I love this blog!!
I tried it today at a store and it immediately reminded me of the violet perfume my late dear Grandmother had on her toilette. But I could not remember the name; now I read this blog and it is Violets of Parma, which by the way went straight to the point as to what the fragance was about, including the colour.
I'm not fond of violet perfumes (which I admit I usually mistake for berry perfumes); anyhow there are beautiful violet perfumes like Paris YSL and Parisienne YSL.
This one punched me on the nose, I just smelled violets on the paper strip, period. I was really expecting more; there's nothing insolent about this perfume, just a (cheap) sales gimmick.

tulpe
tulpe

This one is most dramatic perfume I've ever smelled (with angels and aliens etc, floating in one boat)But for me, I am huge lover of this. I purchased it recently and I'm enjoying it a lot. I love it because it is extraordinary, long lasting, even persistent - but I like it. The most important thing is NOT to overspray it because if there is someone in your company who hates it - then, sorry, but this could be really insolent:D definately not for everyone.
but still this is my love.

pefrumeaddict101
pefrumeaddict101

Overpowering, stifling, oppressive, sorry!! Sore head stuff!! Cute bottle though.

sofababe
sofababe

A male friend complained to me one evening that on the train home from London he had been sitting next to woman whose perfume smelled like Parma Violets and Mr Sheen. I had to laugh at his description and immediately identified the offender as Insolence. It rather sounds as if the travelling companion of my friend had sprayed far too much, one spray is really enough, especially if you are going to be in a warm, confined space. As we can see from the disparity of the reviews on this page Insolence is one of those "love it or hate it" fragrances. Personally I adore it. I don't like the flavour of Parma Violets but I certainly love the smell. The raspberry and berries are delightful, not sickly sweet like so many fruity fragrances seem to be lately. The drydown is sensational, iris, tonka and musk are a welcome addition to the party. I intend to try out the EDP soon, it sounds lovely.

The ad is great! Hilary Swank is incredibly beautiful and that look at the camera is pure insolence. And the song is Hysteria by Muse, not Interlude.

babydoll77
babydoll77

This scent is a fickle one. Some days it smells heavenly on me, very powdery,smooth and sensual, and on others it's simply a sickly medicinal smell that reminds me of a cough syrup I used take when I was younger, not to mention the over powering nature of the scent [which initially I love...I prefer heavy scents] brings on migraines! I can't explain it nor can those around me, for they too either love it or run away from me when I'm wearing it *lol*

After familiarizing myself with My Insolence, I bought Insolence without testing first, and I was disappointed. Not in the fragrance itself, because it's a beautiful violet perfume, perhaps the perfect violet perfume, but I didn't realize violets would be all I'd be able to smell. I hoped it would be deeper and more alluring than My Insolence, considering the notes include resins, but I found it to be lighter, more innocent, and less complex. This is NOT the sillage monster I was expecting based on so many reviews. It's strong only for the first 5 minutes, then it quickly fades into a Victorian-Era "shy violet" scent. It's very ladylike, and reminds me of the austerity of those rigid Victorian dresses. It's actually not very powdery at all. It's only powdery in the natural way that violet perfumes are. I think Delice des Fleurs by L'Occitane is a similar violet perfume, but it's more affordable.

nora elia
nora elia

I adore this perfume pure violets and berries on me¡ Great sillage and longevity

deborahmorais
deborahmorais

One of the most beautiful fragrances EVER. I LOVE IT.
I've tried almost all the insolences except for the EDP.
And I hated them all!!! My insolence and the other ones have nothing to do with this. My insolence is just sick and powdery, this isnt.
I first tried this because I read somewhere someone saying that this reminded the smell of lollipop (probably because of the red berries)
I went to the mall and tried, but I have sinusitis and that was a day that i wasnt feeling so good. I tried on my arm and started sneezing like crazy, went to the bathroom and washed it off, too late, the scent was already all over me, i rubbed my arm HARDLY but still the smell was there.After that I just hated and gave up.

Another day walking at the mall, tried this again, loved it, a month later bought it!!!
It opens up stronnnnnnnnnnnnnnng, it's not a light fragrance at all. But this is all I ever wanted. It's a gourmand lover DREAM.
The raspberries, the jasmine and the violets and the sweetness of the red berries make this incredible and EXOTIC. SO EXOTIC. I can smell the sharpness of the lemon too.

Now it's important to talk about the staying power of this fragrance because it's just INSANE. It took me a long time to learn how to use this. It should come with instructions. ONE SPRAY IS MORE THAN ENOUGH.
Sometimes I'll spray it more than twice and I always regret it because I can smell it for at least 2 days.
If you spray this in your hair it will last even AFTER you wash it. On your clothes it will stay forever haha! I'm not kidding, you better be careful with that. The sillage is also incredible!
I'm in my first 100ml (3.4)bottle, I've had it for 2 years and I'm almost half way through!! I think it will last me 1 more year!

This is my love, my baby, my treasure. Gorgeous, fun, sweet, exotic fragrance!

SheShe

I've refreshed the fragrance and I don't really know which one I prefer: My Insolence or Insolence? Both don't match with me somehow.

The fragrance has a really strong opening, yeah, insolent it is. Pink, berryish with a dark tone. After some time the yelling touch diminishes, they still are noticed. It is as if Guerlain wanted to release something sweet with a vintage touch. An answer to Givenchy's Hot Couture perhaps. Powdery smell, it won't stay unnoticed, on my skin mainly raspberry rules, violets an orange blossom too, it has the burnt trace Hot Couture edt has (but Hot Couture is red-black on me, Insolence brings pink-red-grey to my mind, as if there was an ashtray trace). I suppose this is love-or-hate fragrance, I just don't think it suits me - I prefer L'Instant.

susanmsuk
susanmsuk

I hate ageist reviews like this: 'For an old lady with big hair at the Bingo hall. She smokes Virginia Slim Ultra Light Menthols and she wears fake Pucci blouses with glittery shoes. Don't get me wrong. I dig broads like her. I just don't particularly care to smell them.' Certainly I don't like to smell like the young women on the subway who spray themselves excessively with the latest dire fruity floral offering, not to mention that many of them also stink of cigarette smoke, the combination of which almost chokes me.

Insolence is a good violet fragrance. Its not too harsh, but easy to wear. More importantly, it can be worn by anyone of any age who happens to like violets.

AnnBerg
AnnBerg

I love the Edt. The scent is soft and powdery, yet fruity. It is unique and lasts all day. I have received a lot of compliments for it and my boyfriend loves it.

PerfumeKeeper
PerfumeKeeper

I´m wearing it today, from a sample. It´s terrible. It´s like wearing a Nivea lotion with the atmosphere of a soft masculine aftershave.
M. Hilary Swank: keep your money from the add; I sure will keep mine and never buy this one.

Ps: they are honest, though, it IS powdery!

Migotka

A few years back, when I had only one bottle of perfume (yes, those were the days), I remember felling in love with the bottle of Insolence. I never smelled it, but I felt so attracted by the add that I asked my parents to give it to me as a Christmas gift, without trying it. Luckily they mixed up the names and I got Hypnose instead (how is Insolence similar to Hypnose, only my parents know). I tried it in a perfume shop later on and I hated it. I was so relieved my parents did not get the name right!

But I digress. Recently I got an Insolence mini and gave it another go. And I quite like it. The best thing about it is its strong presence. It is a foreground scent that does not shy away. There is raspberry and violet and dark rose and woods, heavy and heady. It is sensual but a bit aggressive. A scent I am glad giving a second chance, but which still does not totally agree with me.

tinaelisa
tinaelisa

Oh my god, I really love the ad for this scent (youtube above). I've never smelt it, but it almost makes me get up and run out to buy this fragrance. Really great add, so much energy!

(Okay, so this wasn't a useful review..)

Sorcerer1001
Sorcerer1001

I havent had much urge to try these newer guerlains like this, instant or idylle. Ive yet to try the latter two but i figured what the hell while im in the store i should try this one. It definitely doesnt smell as classic and deep as the older guerlains but its not a bad thing. It doesnt come out like liquid sugar or some such nonsense. This one really reminds me of a powdery bath ball. That chalkyish curtain over the soft florals and sweet things. A lot of people will bitch that they paid good money and got something resembling mr. Bubbles but to be honest thats why i would pay for it. Its not to say this is the only scent out there like this im sure, but there are enough pefumes out there that are nice and safe amd maybe unique but i think that this one wins for me because it is a nice relax from all that. It cant be high perfumery all the time, even from guerlain. Who wouldnt want to smell like gorgeous soap anyway?

pickledtink
pickledtink

Opens with a sweet sweet blast of violets and fruit and oh does it take over.
Delicate? Sure. As delicate as a sledgehammer!

First impression is that 'this' is that ultimate example of someone stinking the room out with absolutely 'no' manners or consideration.
I once waited in the wings for a friend who worked as a dresser for a well known actress who liberally doused herself in some such violet scent. Do have some DARLING she'd drawl in her deep carrying drawl squirting it lavishly on her.
Said friend would be scrubbing it off asap but it clung to her and even followed her home in her hair and clothes. I have no idea what 'that' juice was but this took me straight back there.

After about 30 minutes it calms down somewhat but still so sweet and rather sickly.
At no point is any citrus given a chance. Tonka comes in far too fast reinforcing the sweetie shop.This is so pink it makes ya blink.

Although it seems to be heading ( eventually) for a sandalwood/resin base that cloying over-sweet mix is never going to really let anything else through.

I'll only ever wear this in bed alone when I want to feel like a mouthy nouveau riche blowsy madam who thinks she's real classy...but isn't. Think Marie Lloyd meets Mae West and you're there.

Insolence is one of the very few Guerlain that I don't understand and deeply annoy me.
Many Guerlains can be cloying if oversprayed, but there is also a sense in a Guerlain. That's why I keep sniffing Insolence from testers and everytime I feel overpowered by the extra-cloying candied violet covered with hairspray!
Maybe in 10 years I will change my mind, I doubt so, but you never know.
By now I cannot stand it on myself and on others around, especially if I'm having a meal or trying to focus on intellectual activity, because it fills a room and lives no emergency door.
Headache scent.

SheShe

Violet, raspberry, orris and it all very thick, very powdery, long lasting. I found it too difficult to wear, it's sweet and Guerlain old school a bit. Not my cup of tea, I prefer My Insolence, it doesn't have the old school touch.

jtd
jtd

Insolence varies from EDT to EDP concentrations. There are olfactory similarities but where they differ is how they relate to their Guerlain ancestors. I’ve read that Insolence is Maurice Roucel’s paean to Après l’Ondée (1906--a perfume I’ve never smelled) but I take Luca Turin’s point that Insolence EDT lobs a number of l’Heure Bleue’s (1912) accords at you at various times in the fragrance's evolution. It’s as if l’Heure Bleue is being quoted or at least closely paraphrased. Overall, Insolence EDT is an accomplished, well-designed perfume with surface similarities to l’Heure Bleue. And contrary to the naysayers, I love the opening notes of Insolence EDT. They’re like a warning.

Insolence EDP is substantively different from the EDT and its ties to l’Heure Bleue are more fundamental. I see Insolence EDP as l’Heure Bleue reincarnated in the 21st century. I’ve seen l’Heure Bleue called melancholic and I get it. I love l’Heure Bleue. It’s probably my favorite of the classic Guerlains, besting Jicky, Vol de Nuit and even Mitsouko. Though I wear it often, it best suits my darker hours. I can’t describe how L’Heure Bleue embodies a state of melancholy. Maybe it’s my Irish heritage showing through and I simply tune into it. It’s a great term, melancholy: ‘black bile’ and all, but a bit anachronistic.

Where l’Heure Bleue is from the time of Freud, Insolence EDP was born into the era of neurotransmitter insufficiencies and psychopharmacology. EDP is l’Heure Bleue with the benefit of an SSRI and an atypical antidepressant on board. A bit less romantic, I’ll admit, but here we are.

The EDP seems a more studied reflection on l’Heure Bleue that the EDT is. Seen as family, the EDT might have her ancestor's eyes, but EDP and l’Heure Bleue are like twins born into different eras. Insolence EDP and l’Heure Bleue both are reflections on orange blossom and violet and both play with olfactory chiaroscuro. Each underpins the florals with a vanillic amber, but where l’Heure Bleue uses a clovelike carnation to pull things toward despondency, Insolence EDP uses a raspberry/tonka combination that gives it a warm, easy laugh.

elfremar
elfremar

I love this perfume,it is romantic and strong,but not too much in your face,it has a kind of subtlety about it.
I am a great fan of Guerlain,and Insolence doesn't disappoint.

EK
EK

Tested this one in the store today and didn't quite know what to think. The opening seems a bit "too much"... later came a sharpness, maybe a bit sour, that took me a while to get used to.
It's been 4 hours now, and the drydown is beautiful! I'm sure I would get to like it a lot if I decide to purchase it one day.
And it lasts and lasts :)

Lexy656612
Lexy656612

Oh this perfume is very sensual and sexy !! You can definatly smell the berry tones (I think it smells a bit like cherries) Its perfect for a date, or work do ! Not too over powering but still noticable. I really recommend this gorgeous perfume =D

queenvic
queenvic

I love this fragrance, its so unique!! and it lasts the whole day!! i think you either love it or hate it, but i love it! i did have a titchy bottle of it and it leeked in my bag!! so the smell still follows me around lol, i love this, going to ask my hubby to get it for me as my xmas pressy it is quite pricey!

almond-papaya
almond-papaya

smells like liquorice ?? or parma violets? undecided.. but my Mum said ' urrghh what's that stink' so uhh I guess the bottle is just gonna be added to my collection of wasted perfumes :(

I wouldn't wear it out again.. its long lasting though on a positive note :)

jeanettegwapa
jeanettegwapa

i love the scent of insolence. it projects my personality. :) my boyfriend knows me well. he gave me insolence from his new zealand trip.

roseredlolita

This is one of the hardest perfumes to find but luckily I got it today in the mall at a place called dew drops. I'm dissapointed casue it's not as fruity as I'd thought it would be it's more a cleanb floral scent but I love the bottle i think i'll like my insolence better.

nicki317
nicki317

After the initial berry blast when first sprayed, I really like what I smell after it has time to mellow. I like this because it's not like anything else I have ever worn. People tell me it has a fresh, clean smell. May not be for everyone but it works for me!

Lil Mju
Lil Mju

This is a pretty original fragrance, i'm sure one would recognise it out of a few more. what i can say about the fragrance fits in two words: pure bubblegum, it smells just like it to me. i would use it in the winter. it's a nice fragrance, but i really don't feel like buying it. and never, never wear it in a stuffy room.
p.s. and the bottle is so modern and pretty :)))

kwarnst
kwarnst

Insolence Edt is a feminine and sensual fragrance, which can be worn by younger girls too. It is rather bold , so it can be wise not to exaggerate when spraying. The lasting power is extremely good on my skin (lasts for more than 12 hours).
The scent is fruity and sweet in the opening, and has a floral heart with violets and roses. The drydown is warm, sweet and slightly powerdy with a noticeable presence of musk, resins and tonkabean.
I like the modern design of the bottle, although I find it not that handy.

Kione
Kione

Too much violet to be different and special, to me. Was wearing it last night and it didn't last long, didn't make me feel like I smeled great and no one commented on it.

With such name and creators I was expecting more.

Anechka
Anechka

i don't smell the raspberry in it!!! :'(((

treenhe
treenhe

this was like a parma violet bomb when i first tried it...it sounds silly but that kind of took me by surprise! :) it stayed fairly linear all through for me, following with orris and tonka bean in it's (very) dying breaths. it would have been nicer to feel them a little sooner and for the perfume to be more 'out there' but it is very pleasant. it doesn't project or last well at all and that is a very great shame. has a beautiful DRY powderiness...just needs some oomph!

Fizzy
Fizzy

When I first sprayed the EDT, I was wondering, if it´s restroom refreshener in Germany or parfum? I still don´t know...
The EDP smells like viollets.

BelleofRivendell
BelleofRivendell

Insolence isn't a typical fruity floral fragrance. It's a pink perfume with a purple soul. Juicy raspberries, lovely violets, tonka bean and musk... On my! It's rich, unique, creamy, and complex. Unfortunately bombs on my skin every time I try it but... Who cares? I still sneak a spray of it on a test strip whenever I pass by it in a perfume shop and enjoy admiring it on others. Do yourself a favor and try it at least once. :o)

StarMagix
StarMagix

One of my all time favorites! I've been using this perfume for years and years, well this one and the first Coco fragrance. There is none others that compare IMO. Insolence is so one of a kind. Others have tried to copy and compare but they leave much lacking. Insolence last all day and even all night if I need it to. It so unique from the first spritz until I shower it off. It is such a deep, sensual fragrance full of mystery and warmth. Love, love, love it!

I.I
I.I

I first 'met' this perfume on a trip to Paris. The first time I smelled it, I knew I was going to buy it, for me it was love at first sight!
It is so feminine, elegant and unique, doesn't resemble anything else I have ever smelled.
It is apparent that it is an expensive fragrance.
One very strange thing is that...I don't smell violets in it (and I have another pure violet perfume too).
Anyway, it's a unique scent.

Elizabeth Marie
Elizabeth Marie

This is absolutely delicious! Every time I wear Insolence I end up wearing it for days. The scent is very distinctive and a bit bold. I don't mind the strength at all because it is so yummy, feminine, and young (but not too young.) To my nose, this is in a category all on its own. It's not particularly floral or fruity. It truly stands out. It smells like some sort of juicy candy to me, and when I wear this, I am happier. I have samples for now, but I will eventually buy it. I never want to be without it.

Redlipstick
Redlipstick

Candied, sugary, delicious violets. A very pretty scent, albeit a very 'young' smelling scent. Gorgeous, with a hint of berries.

I don't get any muskiness or amber, this is basically a candied violet soliflore on my skin.

Miss.Dior Cherie
Miss.Dior Cherie

OMG Love THIS

ksenia2010
ksenia2010

Oh...this is magical! I can't find right words to describe it.Magnificent! My signature fragrance! So warm and charming ,sexy and sophisticated. Every time I wear it - just like fall in love all over again. It is just perfect for me.I get nothing but compliments on how "good" i smell when I wear Insolence. It is my little secret. I adore it!

Jasmindee
Jasmindee

Oh I believe I have found the one! My sweet Isolence you give me such joy! When I smell you on my wrists it gives me such a sexy confident rush! I wore you for my exams and when I panicked, I smelt you and felt sooo good, you touched me with with your hint of violet and berry goodness! I was transported back to childhood, quing up for a packet of Palma Violets and you gave me the confidence boost I needed! One little drop of you lasts all day and both male and female always stop to ask about you! Perfection in a gorgeously designed bottle! I am in love!

marrojas
marrojas

It smells like violet and I can stand it for the whole day. It's okay, but not my favorite smell in the world

amber832
amber832

I love this fragrance sooooo much; Just one spray is enough to last all day! For me this scent is what the color purple would smell like if colors had smells :) It smells of berries and has a slight powdery feel to it! I dont know why but I think it would be better for lighter skin tones...Either way I looove this perfume and although it is expensive like I said it lasts all day so its worth the price!

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

This is glorious! A vibrant and juicy mix of sweet violet and fruit notes. This always leaves me with a smile on my face.

an.jorePipip

My niece loves this fragrance very much! She had the miniature of it, but somehow it broken apart. Will but the big bottle of this perfume as her birthday present! As for me, this perfume is very thick, but lovely!

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

Succulent sweet berries & dark powdery violet.

Insolence is a delicious, sexy, modern classic with amazing staying power.

Guerlain can do no wrong! They make me fall in love with everything they create.

Nora419
Nora419

This is the worst perfume i've ever smelled, literally it makes me sick to my stomach. I didn't know there were two perfumes out there ''My insolence" and ''insolence'' .. I got ''My insolence'' which smells heavenly as a gift ..so when the bottle finished i went and got another one, thinking it was what i had in mind, but unfortunately i ended up buying the one that smothered me...so so awful.

Galya
Galya

I'm absolutely in love with this perfume!it's so fresh ,unusual,sweet,feminine and delightefull on me. For the first time 2 years ago I have tested it on blotter and I don't liked at all!

Suzywit
Suzywit

I think Insolence is one of those perfumes that either suits you or not. When I wear it, it is likes the ads on the tv, men actually stop me and ask me what I am wearing, they tell me how lovely I smell. Definitely my signature scent.

krissycat
krissycat

This scent is like a breath of heaven.. it smells like raspberry sorbet. I don't find anything about this fragrance offputting. For me it doesn't smell like anything else in my collection and it stands out on its own with very unique notes. All my Guerlains are very sophisticated perfumes and I always tend to reach for my Guerlain's when I'm in a confident mood.. on days I really feel pretty good about myself. They are my "special" fragrances. Insolence is the most feminine out of the bunch.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

A very feminine violet perfume that can be powdery on some women. It smells like a sweet violet and not the dry violet leaves or roots. I like it and it smells like a signature perfume, but I wouldn't buy it. I've sampled this and a small bottle as a gift may or may not get used. I'll have to wait and see if I change my mind.

melia
melia

Just like I needed to smell Chanel N5 eau premiere to understand the original better, I needed to smell MY insolence first to understand this original insolence. And now I'm in love! Yes it's very bubblegummish, but that isn't a bad thing. It's bubblegum with BIG allure. To me it's like modern art; you could descover a face in a modern painting, but it's not about the face, it's about the painting itself and the fact that it's concidered modern. AND about the concept and the feeling it gives you when you look at it. Now taking the face as a metafor for the bubblegumscent... I hope you guys understand me! (I don't know if I do anyway) The staying power is magnificent, silleage too... I don't think this violet-berry-neroli fragrance has done the name of Guerlain any wrong!

20FourSevenEleven
20FourSevenEleven

For me, Insolence promises more than it delivers. That initial burst of fragrance fades after an hour or so. It is difficult to pinpoint what it actually fades into - just a mass of scent mess that smells of something but exactly what I don't know! A modern fragrance, yes. Guerlain 'signature' worthy? Not in my books!

Scented Suzette
Scented Suzette

Hi everyone! I am brand new to Fragrantica, and wondered if someone could help me out with something. I finally got a little sample of Insolence and love it! I want to buy a bottle now, and the EDT is everywhere, but harder to find the EDP. I've read several accounts about the EDT being completely different than the EDP, but when I look on the Guerlain website, they specifically say its just the stronger version of the EDT. Soooo, which is it?! Also, regardless if they are the same fragrance or not, does the EDT seem to last with any of you, or is it fleeting, like some of the wonderful violets I have experienced- ie. Berdous Violettes Divine, Penhaligon's Violetta, or Borsari Violetta di Parma? Maybe they also have a stronger EDP version/? I never checked on that...
Anyway! Glad to find all of you, and look forward to getting some feedback! - Scented Suzette :)

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Powdery sweet violet, soft and light.
Fruity notes to me, are not as overwhelming as most of you reported.
It is a big surprise to see how many of you dislike it and call it medicine or herbal cough syrup.
Insolence is a well constructed floral which would make your perfect companion to office and a romantic date.
I truly like Insolence which, by the way, apart from the bottle shape, has hardly anything to do with Insolence EDP.
There is really little resemblance between the two, therefore I strongly recommend trying both before crossing them out from your test list.
Insolence has a good lasting power and sillage and it is certainly my expectation from the designer house of Guerlain.
EDP lasts much longer and is more powerful.
Overall, if a powdery sweet violet sounds like your cuppa - give Insolence EDT a try before you read all the negative reviews to avoid any bias when judging it for yourself as it is definitely worth having in your collection!

Contessa01
Contessa01

A beautiful raspberry fragrance that hits you with full force! The only problem is that the staying power is poor, within half an hour I can't detect it. Still, I really love this gem and it gets me a lot of compliments. I will try the EDP to compare.

Rouu
Rouu

cough syrup housed in angelic bottle !

One of the most gorgeous bottles ever made contains one of the most ugly fragrances ever became out !

it was hate at 1st sniff .. artificial , very violet-y and distasteful however i was expecting powdery rosy pinkish scent ..INSOLENCE is a harsh cheap violet cologne mixed with a nail polish remover ..

rainydays
rainydays

The bottle couldn't be more deceiving... I expected soft, youthful, powdery, elegant. Insolence is HIGHLY medicinal. A heady violet overdose that screamed at me and choked up my throat. It was hate at first sniff. Maybe it gets along better with other people?

cloyd42
cloyd42

Hmmm, Let's see: violets, then violets, then more violets, then (what's this?) violets. Almost a sole-fleur. I get nothing else except possibly the powdery iris (which in this case would usually be noted as violet root). Mild mannered, pleasant and soft. This is how I imagine Granny in the Tweety Bird cartoons would have smelled. You could safely wear this anywhere and I can't think of a more ladylike scent.
Sillage: extremely close
Durability: okay
Fabulosity: Queen Elizabeth would wear this
Price to Value ratio: low

Roeetha
Roeetha

Insolence begins with a frsh fruity-floral tone then softens into a gentle, quiet fragance, inoffensive, soft and uncomplicated. I work with people undergoing chemotherapy and harsh/potent perfumes are intolerable to such people. I'm happy to report that Insolence is welcomed by all. Silage is close to the body, not necessarily a bad thing, but the EDT doesn't last which is a shame.

oriens
oriens

I waited so long to try this perfume. I heared alot about it from my friends. Everyone seemed to be fascinated by it. Yesterday, i finally got the chance to smell it and... A BIG DISAPPOINTMENT !!!
All what i smelled was "perfumed plastic".. and i hated the smell so bad that i wanted to wash my hands immediately !!
I will probably try the EDP version.. may be I will like that one !!

VanAllan
VanAllan

An insolent and daring fragrance, with a touch of 80's, strong, flowery, but nevertheless enticing and modern, for sure aimed to a younger female audience (who, btw could appreciate the loud fruity opening) and, in the same time well suited for confident mature women.

I'm pretty pretty sure its a skin depending type smell (aren't they all?), because on my wife's skin it initially overcomes the fruity notes and it projects a powdery-violet-slightly sweet aura, that transforms after many hours into a very pleasant soapy aroma, soft and elegant.
A true Guerlain signature fragrance, long lasting with evident sillage. A future classic.

floof
floof

I love violets and guerlain so i should love insolence right? Well not the edt or the edp but the pure parfum is incredible! I found it discounted at amazon in a clear bottle that is very beautiful and does not contain a spray. I adore the pure parfum.... Its a lovely violet smell and very potent and long lasting. Even if you dont like the edt there might be hope in the more potent versions!

Also wanted to mention I just got the deodorant spray from amazon and I love that smell too and works well if you are not someone with much bo or maybe overtop a non-scented antiperspirant. I think I like the parfum so much, I might eventually be able to start wearing the edp because I prefer spray fragrances and the pure parfum comes in a bottle much like the glacee edition with no spray, its totally gorgeous and nobody seems to have a picture up for it anywhere and this forum doesn't even have a page for the pure parfum insolence, but I posted here anyways to let you know how my experience was and I hope it was helpful. :)

guest_Belle
guest_Belle

AT first spray it smelled incensy and reminded me of "M" by Mariah Carey. Then, shortly after I got the smell of candy (Tootsie Roll Pop, to be precise) It's not a bad smell, but I'm not sure under what circumstance someone would want to smell like candy (it's playful, so maybe a day with a special someone). Insolence? I think this is more "Cheeky" than insolent.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I get absolutely no fruity smell from this. All that comes across is a lightly floral smell, of violets and the tonka. It is pretty and cosy, but unoriginal.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

MUST smell the EDP which is, apparently a very different formulation which doesn't have so much the hissy factor of this one. It reminds me of this stuff we used to drink as kids - Cresta Cherryade! Likeable but too brash for me in the EDT

Vanilla77
Vanilla77

Insolence is a confidence booster. It does smell a bit like bubble gum when you first spray it. After the rasberry lemon burst pops, you are left with a wonderful lingering violet softness. Let's face it, Maurice Roucel is a GENIUS! Guns to my head, if someone told me I had to pick one perfume, it would be Insolence... for now.

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

When I saw a review go past for this Insolence mentioning Muse in the video clip you could have knocked me over with a feather! What are a serious actress like Hilary Swank and vocal polical commentators like Muse doing endorsing such a frivilous tart of a perfume? Add in the involvement of the incredibly talented Maurice Roucel and I am left shaken in my view of the world as a stable, rational place.

A true perfume of contradictions, this is a ghastly sweet violet, stewing in sugary berries. If you can survive the gaggingly sticky opening though, there remains a sweet powdery floral with some discordant indolic jasmine & perky rose lurking under all that sugar. This is a relentless mess, the result of perfume making via 'group-think'.

Worst of all, I find that despite being the anti-thesis of all I hold true in perfume, I actually find myself feeling quite fond of it. Its sheer purple audacity can be endearing and cute to wear, at least after the top notes have lost thier grip. Damn me all to heck!

PS - If you like that Muse song in the ad it is called 'Interlude'.

Kirancilla
Kirancilla

Great ad (I LOVE Muse and that song is fantastic), and beautiful bottle. The scent though... hummm. I will give it another try, but I am not sure if I will ever like it.

blueberry
blueberry

One word only describes this fragrance for me: a catastrophy. It smells nauseating to me and I cannot imagine myself wearing it - the worst rendition of violet ever. This scent does not have any character whatsoever, instead it is just cloying, dull and headache inducing. Definitely not my type of fragrance. Luckily it is not very popular either, so I do not detect it often around me.

Thaigirl
Thaigirl

I smelled this perfume one time and really liked it, perfect name for the scent as wel. So powedery, lovely I liked it a lot.

cherubkiss
cherubkiss

You either love or hate this perfume. In my opinion I find this perfume beautiful and very alluring. I believe a lot of people over spray. Guerlain use high quality ingredients in their notes, therefore if sprayed lightly then the true beauty of this perfume will reveal it self. Every time I wear this perfume, I am always complimented by men and women. I was even stopped by a lady in her eighties who said my perfume was truly lovely. I love this perfume and I do believe that in time it will be a classic. It is a unique and modern perfume that can appeal to any age group.

janudy
janudy

This is the second fragrance I've tested that smells like candy! In this case, it's a raspberry flavored blow pop. Or ring pop if that's more familiar. The dry down is raspberry powder. This came from the same house as my adored Chamade, Apres L'Ondee, L'Heure Bleu, and Nahema? I feel like this is directed more towards the modern teenager. Ah well, I still have the classics!

Fides
Fides

Insanly sweet, bubble gum frag. And not in that good way. Where are all the flowers? Lost somewhere in all that grandma's overcooked raspberry jam? This is one of those fruity Escada summer collections - on steroids. And at the end, that sticky sweetness at the drydown...ugh. Still, it's less synthetic than the Insolence EDP. Oh, and yeah - "soapy" scent? I only wish.

nichick390
nichick390

love this and the bottle but I coulnd't help but notice the commercial is playing muse hysteria I love that song!

belladonna'sbliss
belladonna'sbliss

At first I thought this perfume was irreplaceable with it's swooning qualities . Now I wonder at the name Insolence, is it redolent of all the youth clamoring to get noticed; to be the most pink the most pretty, skinny, sweet smelling in your face provoking thing ever. Is this a social statement Guerlain? It's Like the perfumer said the direction of todays attitude is loud and full of brazen beauties lets make a perfume to match this craze. And it sold.
I spilled a little of my Miniature behind my bed when it fell. I could not bear to sleep on that side of the bed. Be it a combination of synthetic and extract, all these violets rise up and cancel all my other senses. they are forceful dripping with sweet red berry syrup. I could barely sleep. Oh the lasting power of this one, and projection; it truly enters the room before you, than fills it. Unique unmistakable, and not for me. To much of a high note for me, Some of the notes if detectable, would be wonderful. I did continue to do testing and found the perfume version amiable and the glacee addition very wearable. It is the original I suppose, that just doesn't do it for me or does too much.

guest_Maki
guest_Maki

It's soo authentic that you should be very carefull not to match it with a deo or bodylotion that doesn't match...
Too complicated for me...is what I want to say about Insolence...

kugkng
kugkng

A very bold flral-fruity scent enriched wiht bubble gummy sweet scent and a hint of jasmine. this is a fragrance for sweet girly bubble gum lover but not in a cheap smelling way...

oopsfauxpas
oopsfauxpas

i think this perfume is a hoot, but there seems to be a huge difference in scent between the edt, which i don't like, and the edp, which i think is great fun.

it's like a great, big, sloppy, good natured drunk, who's still conscious, and very funny. of course, i don't know any drunks who have ever been like that. i think i'm being influenced by some inexperienced author's romantic view of what a drunk is like.

but if i knew a drunk like the myth described above, they'd remind me of insolence, the edp version. it's a lot of fun, this one.

In spite of being a good fan of Guerlain I can't stand Insolence.
I tried it again recently and it's a big NO!
It can happen with Guerlains: you love most of them but they're not exactly you.
Then one fine day you smell that Guerlain again and you fall in love!
Well Insolence goes further because I find it very disturbing, cloying, strong and not even refined. It invades space all around the wearer and honestly I don't think it's a good thing.
I like when I can smell a person from short distance, but it becomes unbearable when people fill the air with their own smell covering everything else included other perfumes or the taste of food. Maybe it's a matter of overapplying.
Violets are not fresh here. They are more of the candied powdery type with some berry notes.
But I will keep trying it in time, you never know... right now I love L'Instant that gave me headache before!
If one day I will fall in love with Insolence it would be a total transformation!
The bottle is beautiful.

sarafirmino
sarafirmino

love this perfume! i think this suits for people who love floral fruit (like me) but also want a memorable and sexy fragrance.. this is a jackpot! couldnt ask for anything more.

i want i so badddd
simply one of the best scents ever made!
a must have

guest_Ada
guest_Ada

A very insolent scent indead, loud and in your face, with a lasting power like no other i have tried.
It smells like something out of the eightees, at least thats what i imagine perfumes was like back then. The violet is dominating this fragrance and it should only be worn when you feel on top of the world, full of confidence and indifferent to what people might think of your overpowering scent. If worn like that, i think this could be a kick ass perfume!!

pearlprincess
pearlprincess

The first time I tried this as a tester, the notes and fragrance struck me like a powdery candy and smoked cotton candy, and then the trail of flowers that I barely noticed got bigger and bigger till I felt I was wrapped in giant rose. I bought the EDT after a month and loved using every bit of it!

As an EDT, to stuck to my skin quite well and the scent would linger around me for a good two hours! I loved it so much I spritzed myself a good three to four times, I couldn't get enough! ^_^

Scent 10/10

Staying Power 10/10

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

I can't utterly stand Samsara but I absolutely love love love this frangrance. Its always the perfumes that the majority of women HATE that I seem to love the most. I feel this way about Angel. This to me is very fruity and creamy with some floral mixed in but the NOSE decides wheather to love it or hate it and not all noses seem to like this scent at all but I do.

guest_GUEST
guest_GUEST

Insolence is very enchanting. I feel very special when I wear it. I have recieved so many complments, people have even asked me to write the name down. Insolence certainly has cast a spell on me.

narcotic
narcotic

From the moment I saw the bottle design I've wanted to love this fragrance. But there's something in the combination of skunky florals and wierdly alcohol-laced base just didn't work. Insolence indeed!

rithacha
rithacha

My first impression: No. nonononononononononono!! Without a doubt one of THE worst scrubbers I've come across in a while. It made me scream and cry and beat my head against the wall! If somebody wore this, I would hold my breath passing by them the same way I do with the smoking section of a park. I'm quarantining this edt sample stat.

Ok, this isn't being a helpful review. Let me try to explain the root of evil . . .

Insolence has ome thing going for it, and that's its strength. It opens with raspberries, red berries, and cough syrup. It fizzes like toilet cleaning detergent. It settles down into the thick oily consistency of stale "scented" lotion. The violets in the heart smell like boozy play-doh. Drydown is musky and moldy like old coats in a second-hand store.

I likened My Insolence to a 15 year old brat, well, Insolence is her all grown up. She's a panda-eyed gum-chewing hyena-laughing woman who needs to tug her gold lamé skirt down an inch. The blatant artificiality is when she snaps her fingers in your face, her countless bangles clanging and her many rings flashing.

ananda
ananda

It's all that it seems to be: insolent, beautiful, sexy, daring and innovative. I really love Insolence, one of my very favorites! The notes are so well blended and it has a powerful personality!
It has this incense-y vibe, but in a very clean, unique way. Right from the first time I sniffed it, it resembled incense... Just deliciously sensual, with a touch of misterious! There's also something gourmand about it, even though it doesn't smell like food.
As it progresses on skin, it turns more powdery, delicate, and then turns back into more incense-y, misterious, and then powdery again...
A modern scent, still very feminine and well-balanced. Staying power is amazing!

Nicole79
Nicole79

I tried INSOLENCE edt on my skin yesterday...
At first is a bit strong, but give it time...
On my skin the drydown is sweet ,incensy, powdery, violets...:)

...this could become a Big Classic just like Shalimar...it is bold and unique, a love- hate fragrance exactly like it's successful predecessor :)!
The sales girl gaved me the first compliment, saying : " i see u've tried Insolence, it is very beautiful on u, it suites u very much...please think about it ...;)"
Ohhh yes, i will , i told her...

Indeed the staying power is amazing... i really love it !
Update...my sister said it also smells like bubble gum a little ...lol...yummy

Andi Clark
Andi Clark

Remarkably modern yet-classic floral scent.
Though there is an unmistakable fruity essence to this scent, it is all about the flowers.
I initially bought this for an older loved-one who is obsessed with lavender and despite the fact that it is unlisted as a note there is a certain lavender quality to this fragrance. However, unlike most homages to the lavender, this scent is not cloying and elderly. This is definitely a sophisticated, well-blended scent but it is as intrepid and youthful as it is polished.
I usually cannot stand overly floral scents but, unlike the multitude of perfumes rife with floral discontent the floral notes in this are simple, striking, midnight florals. You get the sense of being in a warm garden on a rainy spring.
It definitely has a detergent/soap aspect that is surprisingly unchemical. It makes you feel as though you're freshly bathed, scrubbed, and nuzzled in freshly washed and dryer warmed luxe fabrics.
This perfume is also extremely long-lasting and drys down to that whisper of the onset, a sweet, honeyed, clean fragrance which hearkens to what every woman should smell like.
Beautiful, balanced, long-lasting, mild and suitable for all.

hapa
hapa

Insolence. The name indicates something forthright in an impolite manner. It is a nice way to say bratty expectations with a hint of sullenness. This perfume is that.

I love violets. They are fresh, unassuming, slightly green and sweet but without the syrup. The violet note in Insolence is drowned out by the berries and the rose note further compromises the violet, which is unfortunate because these two can work beautifully together. There is insufficient musk and sandalwood to ground this and take the edge off of the cloying sugar water this is.

The money and prestige of the Guerlain name cannot rescue this fragrance. The best they could do was to describe something not so nice in a polite way; hence, Insolence. You have been warned.

guest_gidd
guest_gidd

Now comes his long-awaited Insolence. Once you get past the insane press-pack (lights and music when you open the perfume box), the first impression is odd. Roucel daringly breaks with the current obsession with prettiness up front. In the grand old manner, the first few minutes are all wrong: cloying violets in a cloud of hairspray. Insolence is going to be a hard sell unless the staff gets proper training. At t=300 seconds, when the tremendous rush of topnotes slows down and Insolence hits its loping stride, you realize you’re zipping along in one of the best-engineered fragrances in living memory. The reference to Guerlain’s past is clearly l’Heure Bleue, but with a powder-blue respray. For the next couple of hours Insolence shifts back and forth between that and a shimmering, ghostly echo of Amarige’s tuberose. Roucel’s hallmark ingredient, magnolia leaf, works wonders at making this big four-seater GT feel lighter and smaller than it is. If l’Instant was a Peugeot 406, this one is the family Ferrari, the 612 Scaglietti. Great from some angles, wrong from others, but overall fascinating to watch in motion. It’s not a 330 GTC (that was Chamade), but would you turn it down as a present ?

Lady Venomtongue
Lady Venomtongue

A Guerlain to be reckoned with ! a floral to the max with red fruits adornment & a hefting earthy-woody powdery base...

Yes ! i could understand the impressively experienced Sherapop member of what she said down there , but i just want to add that Resins in Insolence are not necessarily a bad-smelling thing (( Resin is a hydrocarbon secretion of many plants, particularly coniferous trees. It is valued for its chemical constituents and uses, such as varnishes and adhesives, as an important source of raw materials for organic synthesis, or for incense and perfume. The term is also used for synthetic substances of similar properties. also something to be noted : the softer odoriferous oleo-resins (frankincense, elemi, turpentine, copaiba) and gum resins containing essential oils (ammoniacum, asafoetida, gamboge, myrrh, and scammony) are more largely used for therapeutic purposes and Incense . )) ,

& oh yes , it gets this funny smell of plastic or a medicinal type of smell , yet it helped Insolense in defining her unique character & added sort of depth & imagination to the beautiful modern balanced composition , nonetheless cutting a great deal of the present natural sweetness of the Berries & flowers .
i suppose also the addition of alittle bit orange blossom in the heart helped Insolence rather than taking from it , especially giving her an adult non-sweet twist .

a word of caution though : Insolence Edt , like many of old reputable Guerlains gets this austere tendency of choosing its lucky wearer , a compatible body chemistry unfortunately is no option with Insolence rather an actual demand , for example i wear insolence beautifully ( my skin highlightens severly the berries , florals & sweetness with obscuring the woody resinous ( plasticy or leathery !! ) smell ) , on the contrary, on my sister's skin it was a like a pure plastic smell from the start to the very end with subdued flowers & hint of berries , it was a disaster for her ! & certainly disliked it with a heart . So please ! test it thoroughly before buying .

Indeed a woman's perfume is another woman's poison !

@ Sherepop:
Meteorites appears to have a rather simple composition: green, violet, iris, and heliotrope.

Insolence includes violet and iris, but is much more complex. It has citrus and berry in the head, additional flowers in the heart (but no heliotrope, which i miss), and a real base (and some hint of Guerlinade), which Meteorites lacks.

I am fond of Meteorites - i can't find the juice, but i've got the powder perles, and the old fashioned, turn of the 19th century fragrance makes me happy - but i think i prefer the greater depth of Insolence.

Fortunately for me, a day after putting on Insolence, i get lasting violets and sandalwood and no dark tar smell - and, heck, i really really like the smell of hot tar.

I'm sorry to hear Insolence is being too insolent to you.

lilinah

Sweet, mildly fruity, perhaps even insipid... and yet...

...and yet i actually like Insolence. There's a certain innocence to it, a certain unsullied character, and yet with a sense of confidence and self-assurance.

Unlike so many others on the market for the past 15 years or so, unsubtle gourmand scents dominated by excessive artificial fruit and vanilla, Insolence manages to combine them in a balanced, even sophisticated, way with florals. The scent is gentle and delicate, while at the same time there is clearly art involved in the creation of this youthful fragrance.

Before i purchase, i will try the Insolence Eau de Parfum, as i've read it has even more violet. But i am happy to know that, in one form or the other, Insolence may be the modern violet fragrance i've been searching for over the past year.

I was shocked to discover that Guerlain's INSOLENCE smelled upon initial spritz nearly identical to METEORITES. Shortly thereafter, however, some darker elements began to emerge, both spicy and "je ne sais quoi" kind of stuff. Still, I feel that INSOLENCE is not a new Guerlain creation. Rather, they appear to have attached METEORITES to a solid, resinous base.

So solid, in fact, that upon awakening this morning, more than twelve hours after application, I found myself still enveloped in some sort of bizarre resin aura. I couldn't identify it, but the violets and irises had all long ago disappeared, leaving only this very insistent resin on my skin.

I was dying to find out the identity of the strange fat-soluble substance that had infused itself into my cells, and for a brief moment I thought that it might be the styrax or benzoin from TANGLEWOOD BOUQUET, which I had been wearing yesterday during the day. But then I remembered that I took a long, hot bath last night, after which I applied INSOLENCE. All I knew at this point was that there was a serious film of resin attached to my skin.

Unfortunately, no help was forthcoming from the Fragrantica description, which lists only the incredibly general "resin" as the note that was commanding the attention of my nose. "Resin," if synthetic, means: some sort of polycarbonate substance, often produced at the culmination of an organic chemistry experiment. Thick, oily, viscous, usually black. Basically a plastic byproduct. That's how this smells, for sure!

My edt is, suffice it to say, quite strong enough! I won't be buying the edp or the parfum of INSOLENCE, because the thought of waking up to an even higher concentration of black gooey pot liquor odor wafting through the air is simply unbearable.

A word about the bottle: this 3.4oz thick-glass, asymmetrical spaceship-type shape is really beautiful. In fact, I love just to hold the bottle: c'est un vrai objet d'art! The pink color of the edt is also new to Guerlain, a ma connaissance, and pleasing to the eye. Visually, it cannot be denied that the presentation is gorgeous and unique. But the contents are not: METEORITES + a lot (a glob!) of resins and a bit of fruit is what I found here!

36 hour update: resins still clinging tenaciously to my pajamas. This stuff could survive a nuclear holocaust!!!

66 hour update: time to do laundry ASAP!

108 hour update: detected INSOLENCE still infused through my sheets last night before retiring in clean pajamas! Help!!!!! AIDEZ-MOI, SVP!!!!

By way of conclusion: The capacity to form a permanent polymer with my pajamas is not a property that I am looking for in a perfume. Now I think that I understand the spaceship metaphor: this substance is truly sci-fi! I may have to add the designers of INSOLENCE to my "just say no" list, along with the creator of the perversely po-mo RUMEUR... Désolée, vraiment!

seventh
seventh

I love it too. I only have small sample of edt but planing on buying one.Strong but in a good way. Not for everyone but for special person, like me :)

camilarbm
camilarbm

It's interesting to see how many people hate Insolence, cause I just love it! It's one of my top fragrances! I believe it's because of skin chemistry. Well, in my case the scent is amazing! It's sweet, warm, kind of strong - but not in a bad way - and I can definitely smell the violet and a mix of raspberry and cherry notes. I get compliments EVERYTIME I wear it - and it's always from men.

chance25
chance25

This smells like a candy store in the mall. One that sells caramel popcorn and those brightly colored popcorn balls. It's strong and sweet, yet comforting. I don't love it because I couldn't wear this everyday. I don't hate it because I would reach for this on an evening out, it's loud enough to get noticed by ppl.

nasus s
nasus s

So far I think this is a scent that will either work with your chemistry, or won't. It's the second time I'm trying this and I'm still so mixed on whether or not to buy this. The top notes are very strong and sweet, but when it dries down on my skin the effect is very feminine, a bit powdery, and a reminds me slightly of a laundry smell. However, my clothes absorbed a bit of the fragrance and smell like a beautiful vibrant fruity/floral bouquet. I keep sniffing my shirt and loving the scent, but when I smell my skin I don't like it as much- AHHHH!!! Oh I forgot to mention that the Violet notes remind me a lot of C. Howards Voilet candy :)

Insolence is not nearly as bad as what people make it out to be. It's unique, I'll give this fragrance credit for that. It's something you'll either love or hate.

I'll admit that I disliked the opening of this scent. The raspberry, bergamot, lemon and red berries were synthetically sweet and there was a strange medicinal type smell which reminded me of cough syrup. Not only that, but the scent was very strong and almost cloying.

However, an hour later Insolence softened into a beautiful, sweet and powdery violet and rose blend. The slightly medicinal scent remains, however in the heart it becomes bearable for me and adds a certain sense of uniqueness which I rather like.

Insolence is daring from beginning to end. I'm finding myself loving the strange sweetness and fabric softener type smell. It's odd yet somewhat sensual to my nose. With fantastic lasting power and sillage, I can't help admiring this fragrance.

I like it in the concentration that it is now. Although I haven't tested the Eau de Parfum version, I feel as if a stronger Insolence would be too much. If over applied, this fragrance could be a nightmare, but with a few small squirts, Insolence is enchanting.

Zaleska
Zaleska

I love violet in this composition. Violet is one of my favourite notes, besides rose and vanilla.
Another "It's all for those who dare!" in my opinion.
I wear it proudly!

Sometimes I put 1902 Tradition Violette (by Berdoues) on my whole body and then I spray Insolence (just once, that's enough) on my neckline/cleavage. Amazing!

@mellimoon: Wow, I think those public toilets you mention smell really good.
Just kidding :o) I respect your opinion, but it's kinda funny!

lat
lat

This is incredibly intense. Overwhelming, rich and empowering. Definitely not for my type of skin though, but I bet with other types of chemistry it's outstanding.

Very original, hard to compare it to anything, might be just my indolence in floral fruity domain, but feels special.

On my skin it smells of raspberry and violets for hours! Then while I can till smell violets I get a very distinct hint of iris and tonka bean, which I love.

Had it on a strip of paper on the shelf and I could smell it for two days from every corner of my room. An everlasting smell.

A+ for Guerlain!

mean_kitty
mean_kitty

wow, this was something I didn't expect! So extraordinary, so lasting power. Not fruity at all on my skin, actually I can't say what elements it has, it is just an extraordinary symphonie!

Trvevil
Trvevil

This is one of my faves now. Really like it.

Comparing with Eau de Parfum this one still has powdery violets and it's more berries here.

If you liked it, but not friends I suggest to try those I think similar by other houses - Dior's Pure Poison (heart), Fendi Palazzo edt.

I think Insolence is great perfume for early spring- it's kinda warming up. ^^

Staying power and sillage is amazing- just one spray and that's it.

Shalibecka
Shalibecka

This is my second love after Guerlain's Shalimar. Its notes are magnificent put togheter and they play off eachother for hours and hours on my skin.
Skin ph-level is an important factor when it comes to this scent though. On me the drydown is warm, fuzzy and sweet - still powdery with a lovely scent of Violets.
I thought there could be no other 100% perfect and well combined perfume than Shalimar, but the Guerlain House still got the best noses working for them, 1925 (Shalimar) to 2006 (when this first came out) and to this day there are no others like them.

I have had old - young, women and men giving me compliments on the wonderful scent.
Strangers asking what I have on so they can go buy it, for themselves/girlfriends.

Femine, powerful and with a floral oriental feel to it that makes me feel like a femme fatale.

RouenFr
RouenFr

At first spray this smelled great, I thought it would be another floral fruitty scent like Lolita or Flowerbomb. However, when the base kicked in someone wasn't working with my body. It wasn't horrid but it wasn't as great as the first spray. This scent smelled better on my mom. In its favor I will say this scent does last a long time

alianeblue
alianeblue

I personally can't wear this one, it's lovely, don't get me wrong, it is just that it distresses me and as soon as I spray it on me I start sneezing and coughing. I might be allergic to resins or something in it. My point is... this fragrance is too strong and even though I can handle Black Orchid by Tom Ford perfectly, I find Insolence worse than agony.

deeper_shallow
deeper_shallow

Maybe it's my slight addiction to violet fragrances, maybe it's my odd body chemistry, or maybe my nose is simply wired differently, but I really like this one! I was completely swept away by the EdP, but the EdT is just as awesome.
A deep, fresh violet scent with perky, almost a little minty berry overtones, and an iris base so dark it tilts over into black licorice territory - but still neither candy-sweet or powdery.

jellybeantree

I think people should put into consideration that skin chemistry is a very important factor! I don't understand the negative reviews here. On me this perfume is beautiful and it is always a question on taste. It is very strong and long lasting and if you don't like it at least appreciate it on someone else! Before complaining!

guest_angel
guest_angel

Sampled this recently and good lord, I've never run so quickly to wash a scent off! Sorry to all those who love it, I realise individual skin chemistry comes into it a lot and this absolutely does not work for me at all. As with Marc Jacob's 'Lola', there's a note that actually makes me feel queasy, only it's much more violent in 'Insolence'. I literally could not bear it, it made me feel so ill.

For anyone who hasn't tried it and is thinking of doing so, just make sure you sample a very tiny amount in case it has a similar reaction on your skin.

@Mellyhelly: I think the only vulgar and invadent person here are YOU ;). Seems that you have a big problem. Insolence is great on a sopisticated and classy lady.

bubbka
bubbka

I feel so connected with this fragrance. I feel like 100% me. It is very long-lasting and it warms my body and soul :) I can recognize this everywhere!

michele23
michele23

Insolence is a beautiful perfume.I had found a sample out of a magazine and loved it.I took the sample with me and went right out and bought it.I work with the public and get lots of compliments on it from men and women.Ive been asked a few times to write it down so they can go buy it.LOVE IT!Good job!

DreamGirl
DreamGirl

One of the best perfumes ever! It lasts soooo long almost on everyone. I remember when for the first time I smelled it, I felt it was too strong and hated it actually. But after trying many times I started to appreciate that smell and I after some hours I felt fresh smell of flowers. I recommend EDT since it is milder than EDP. Perfect perfume for winter, although you can use it in summer too if you are fan of strong perfumes :)

sabsoob
sabsoob

the majority here hate/don't like this perfume.
but for me, its nice and unique, i really love the dry down plus it lasts almost forever.
i have also got MANY complememts from both men and women!

eaudelouise
eaudelouise

I like this perfume, it's quite original and unique. It has a good staying power. I think its a love or hate it scent.

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

Oh God i hate,hate this fragrance!Everybody who knows me,knows my hate for this.There is not so many smells who makes me so sick exept from insolence.Seriosly if i smell it for a long time i can through up.I dont know which note it is,but it has to be the musk mixed with the fruits probably..

jellybeantree

I have to be honest that at first whiff I hated it! It was sickening to me. But then I tried it on my skin..... Well the beginning is fruity and strong but on me after a while I got the beautiful flowers! It lasts and lasts and lasts! Like angel lasts! Well I went through a winter wearing it and finished 3 bottles. Now I am on to something else. It is very well done and sophisticated like all Guerlain fragrances.

Aredore
Aredore

I tried this yesterday on my wrist.

I miraculously found it in a discount store - perhaps it had *gone* but it was one the most awful things I had ever put on my body. I'm American of mostly french, English and Irish descent, and perhaps it matters, because my mom is "dark Irish" and seems to be able to wear perfume better than myself. I have very pale skin.

*Sweet* scents tend to strengthen on my skin and the Fuity, "raspberry fizz" top note was disgusting. It smelled "dirty" but not in a good way - rotten and powdered and sweetened with splenda. Chemical and sweet/sour. I let it sit for two hours, fighting my instinct to scrub, hoping the Guerlainade would rescue it. No. The rose started to come through near the end of my patience, but the raspberries lingered.

This is not something I could stand to wear again.

Yana
Yana

I don't like the top notes, but I adore the Iris base, it's so nice and longlasting. Does anyone know the parfume which is similar to this gorgeous base, I wonder...:)I have never met such one:(

Aalia
Aalia

This perfume is insanely sweet.
The sillage is strong, and the fixation is excellent. One other reviewer had said itś not so fruity..and well thatś true. The top notes of raspberries, red berries, and citruses are airy and pure, and the rest of the composition is sugary. The top notes hang around, and can be noticed for hours and hours. When I took a shower, and washed away the top notes, there was a potent, delicious, velvety gourmand middle and base remaining wich I enjoyed very much.
The word insolence is defined as bold disrespect and impudence. I find nothing of that definition matching with the feeling or theme of this perfume or bottle. The perfume is cutesy, youthful, playful, and adorable. Itś like an extra fancy desert with tons of candy decor and whipped topping.

christina~xoxo
christina~xoxo

awful!! i could have thrown up when i tested it..sooooo strong and made my eyes water..i known, sounds harsh but its true..sorry :(

Russian
Russian

It takes some courage to wear it,definetly.
In my personal view,this ain't something sexy or provocative,as it claims to be.
When you first spray it,the only thing you can figure out is that this fragrance is a very strong one.
The top and middle notes can't be distinguished,that in my opinion is bad for any fragrance.The drydown is ok,but nothing special
Those who say it should be tested only on skin are right.It is awfull on the paper strip.
In conclusion,I think you should go for it only if it matches with your skin.
I was tempted to try it because of the bottle and the name (i like fragrances with provocative names),but this one is not for me.

megannsmom
megannsmom

Whoa....there is something about this scent that makes the back of my throat close up! Even my daughter hated it; she immediately felt ill, and light headed after sniffing. To be fair, I only tried it on a paper strip, so maybe it would be ok on skin. But I doubt that I will ever try that after my experience!

insolence is not a simple perfume to describe.it's heavier than my usual taste,I guess it's not something that matches exactly with my chemistry,but I like it much more than "My insolence" and I got it,because I think it's very lovely.on the other hand I'm still confused whether I've made a mistake by buying it.
this is very rich and sweet with the dominant note of "violet".I remember I had a little essence of violet perfume which smelled very similar to insolence.it's like violet mixed with some sweet grapes.very very provocative and feminine in a modern way.
I'm in love with the bottle and the name.in addition "Maurice Roucel" is one of my favorite perfume makers.
this is really long lasting.even though I have EDT,I spray a little and I can smell it whole of the day(that becomes a little overwhelming sometimes)
unfortunately my family don't admire this one.my sister says that she has a kind of allergy to this perfumes and my mum believes this is too much to take.
I think I should pay attention about wearing it.this is not something you wear everyday.but it's better to try it in special occasions(it's very passionate in my point of view).
and be careful!more than 2 sprays would be dangerous.

donniekaterina
donniekaterina

Insolence is a perfume that I like,it reminds me clothes that just got out of laundry and the smell of orange blossom and rose just rocks...it's so sexy

hollivomitsyou
hollivomitsyou

to me this is an amazing scent. it is like tons of flowers rolled in sugar and laundry detergent without smelling too young or cheap. also, it lasts all day.

lolita82
lolita82

i really dislike this perfume its too consentrated (floral& sweet ) and way too strong especially 2 wear in the morning. Not 4 ppl with hay fever 4 sure!

essija
essija

This might be the one I have been searching for. I too bought this unsniffed. I get a sweet fruity opening but then It dries down so deep and almost like insense on my skin. I can smell the tonka bean, sandalwood, rose and iris. This is a beauty and a must for my skin.. Love this...

mirror
mirror

I think this is a fragrance that really depends on your skin.
I peronally don't like it. I find it too sweet, synthetic and powdery.
I friend of mine adores it. It was hard for me to believe at first but on her skin it smells much beter. Still not appealing to my taste but I have to admit it doesn't smell that overly sweet or cheap girly perfume-like on her.

siren1
siren1

Soft - sweet- and clean smell i lovt .

glitteralex
glitteralex

Even before reading the "bath water" reviews I commented to a customer that it reminded me of a rancid fruit salad in a diaper pail. On top of that, the ingredients smell cheap and synthetic. An embarassment for Guerlain.

2 months later: I have given this another failed attempt. I think this is the worst use of violet-one of my favorite notes-I could imagine. Also, the plastic-iris drydown is loathsome. It has a very tenacious longevity and a shouting sillage.

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

Lovely bottle, shame about the scent!

If perfume could speak, Insolence would be saying 'Let's try too hard!' on my skin. Or maybe just shouting 'BLAARGH!' cos that's pretty much what I did when the evil top notes hit me; sour blackcurrant juice and boiled sweets, very nasty, and very unlike Guerlain.

Chatnoir
Chatnoir

Sweet, sexy staying-power. Not every perfume works with my chemistry, but "Insolence" shines on me. The raspberry is so sparkling and fresh, but it never gets too fruity- combined with the violet,it smells more like a grape candy on me. It also has a warm depth to it that keeps it from veering into sweet overkill.

Robert White
Robert White

Boy, this is a BIG ONE. It would have been at home in the big bad Eighties. And Luca Turin is right; the top notes smell like Windex. But once it dies down a bit, you get one of the most entertainingly loud perfumes around. It's quite complex, but so overwhelming, you need nerves of steel to analyze it. Structurally, it's a floral oriental. Metaphorically, it's a big, buxom girl from Brooklyn, rich, loud and beautiful, with the obnoxious accent (which I love in a woman) and brains, taking you out for a wild, drunken night ont the town. If Fran Drescher were a plus-size Brazilian supermodel, she'd smell like this. This is one I'd love to smell on a woman, but, as a man, I really can only wear it at home, like I do with my Papal robes. (Kidding, but I want to be the Pope for Halloween)

chocolat
chocolat

I also don't find it too special. And for some reason i don't like the bottle! The fragrance is soft, sweet and feminine. My sister likes it a lot and on her really stands out good but for my taste is a little girlish. I guess it's suitable for 25 years old lady that wants to attract with some innocent charm and to seduce with sweet and fruity (we have in BG some candies that smell similar to this perfume, called 'violets') aroma.
It is long lasting but doesn't evolve much with time.

So many people hate this one, but I love it. I get no bath water scent at all. It is sweet incense and violets on me. I can only assume that those who speak of it being overpowering are using far too much or are with people who do. A little tiny bit is plenty and lasts. Too much of any fragrance is not only rude to those around you, it's offensive. But I've known I was in the minority on this one for a long time. It can definitely be too sweet on a lot of people, so try as usual before buying.

PR
PR

Nothing exceptional. I wanted to like it, because there was the good deal on its' gift set, but the scent just doesn't deliver..or Guerlain brand is just not for me. The juice is sweet, fruity, on the sour side at the beginning, nothing offencive, but nothing memorable too.Very average.

kokica
kokica

very modern Guerlain scent...alot of violets and orange...maybe a bit too much chemistry in it so sometimes it smells rather plastic and unconvenient...but very noticable...one of the hip-est Guerlain perfumes...had it...gave it away after a month...

cognac
cognac

I hated this one .
What started on my skin as a burst of citrus ended up smelling like rubber.
Is very strong and smells powdery ,not in a good way .

Migotka

This is a fragrance you need to grow up to appreciate it. When I first smelled it I though it was absolutely awful. Last year I got a minature from a friend, but remembering my first encounter with it I never tried it on.
Then durng a party I smelled it on one of my friends and actually had to ask what it was. To my surprise, she sait it was Insolence.
It is really good to give it a chance to evolve on the skin, since at first it tends to be very strong in a very unpleasant way. Later on it gets a bit milder, while still remaining powerful.

Now Im contemplating buying a bigger bottle, since my 5 ml sample is almost over!

very strong and penetrating.but yet I'm not sure if it matches my chemistry.I really like to test insolence and my insolence together to figure out how different they are.

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

Another really nice perfume. There is something about the smell that is so alluring. It's a powerful perfume with an unusually strong blend of violets and berries. Despite the intense fragrance, it is so interesting and somehow different than other scents. This is one that could be very difficult to wear in small office spaces: It is the olfactory equivalent of yelling fire in a crowded room-it will clear the place. But used lightly, it lasts very well on the skin and is a very pretty and proud perfume. I liked it so much I bought a full-bottle, but I can see where this perfume would not be for everyone.

jellybeantree

At first I have to admit I didn't like it! Once I tried it on myself it was amazing and it stays on all day!! I hate perfume that doesn't stay! It is my favorite perfume now!

Luciana
Luciana

Ya tenemos aquí lo nuevo de Guerlain. Guerlain fue un químico francés q fue perdiendo la pasión por su trabajo para convertirse en uno de los más afamados perfumistas galos. Para su lanzamiento han contado con la oscarizada actriz Hillary Swank, la apuesta como vemos es fuerte. Para mí Guerlain siempre ha sido la marca de SHALIMAR, q le debe su nombre a unos parques pakistaníes, el SAMSARA (palabra en sánscrito sobre los ciclos de reencarnación) o el inolvidable L´INSTANT, para mí el mejor de todos ellos.

Lo primero que me produjo al aplicármelo fue su aroma eminentemente frutal, como a moras que se pasa al rato dejando un olor menos intenso y ligeramente cálido. A pesar de ser un perfume, su duración es corta, más incluso que el de algunas colonias. No me queda muy claro para que estación del año estaría recomendado.
Composición:
Salida: violeta, frambuesa, bayas.
Corazón: más violeta, rosa, azahar.
Final: lirio, haba tonka, resinas.

Frasco
De estilo muy coqueto con juegos de luz violáceos. Me recuerda a un trompo con redondeces irregulares hacia arriba. En su curvatura principal aparece la marca de Guerlain. Su presentación es su punto a favor.
No lo recomiendo para tenerlo en cuenta para sus proximas compras.

keshusticker
keshusticker

I'M IN LOVE WITH THIS PERFUME. i actually didn't know about it until my girlfriend started using it. i wish i were a woman so i could use it xD

Boggi
Boggi

I can see why some people dont like it, it really does in some way smell hair spray or dirty bath water. But is hair spray or dirty bath neccesary ugly bad smells?
Not very sophisticated, but a straight forward delicious, sweet berry/candy scent that i some way stand out from the crowd of fruity fragrances. Maybe its the tonka been that makes it a little special?
It gets better the longer you wear it.

F_A
F_A

Very nice fragrance indeed! Love the licorice smell it releases on my skin, though licorice is not in the pyramid of notes.

klonk
klonk

Today I tried Insolence EDT on one hand (and the EDP version on my other hand). I really like the EDT version, and I am not even a lover of fruity scents. And I immediately took notice of the similarity of notes in my precious 'Après l'Ondee', like lemon, bergamot, violet, rose, iris and musk...! Of course Insolence is much fruitier but still has the same kind of 'fresh' notes. It also is way stronger, so you only need just a drizzle to smell wonderful all day. I find the EDP version a lot sweeter and somehow not more special. Staying power is the same, strange enough!

MondeoGirl
MondeoGirl

Oh my God! I love it, love it, LOVE IT!!! Spritz it on once and it lasts all day long and beyond. Smells fuity but of the richest and most lush and pungent sweet fruits EVER with a perfect pinch of vanilla with a spicy kick. Expect to be noticed wearing this, it's a real attention grabber and totally GORGEOUS!

benzippo
benzippo

Unlike L'Instant which lingers on softly, this one screams "smell me"!!!

Its lasting power is fantastic and be warned though, a little goes a long way as it is a very strong fragrance even just of EDT strength.

One good thing is that the fragrance simply revolves round and round where it stays much the same despite wearing it for hours and hours....

Never go the chance to try the 'extract". Think it'll be a fantastic experience too.

I loved it!!!

Candra
Candra

The smell is not bad, but it can be quite overpowering. I live in a warm climate, I think this perfume would be more suitable for colder climates.

scenthound
scenthound

I was at the Guerlain counter, with L'instant on one wrist and Insolence on the other. I really liked the smell of L'instant on a girl I worked with, so I was really hoping that it would smell as nice on me. I only tried Insolence because it was new at the time. It was a bit weird at first - there's something very unique about this scent; the fragrance version of walking on a tightrope, if you will. But, it is a great scent and, to my surprise, it worked better on my skin than L'instant. It starts off like a soapy/berry(not a sweet berry,but a true berry, freshly plucked off the bush) scent on me, but soon settles into a really smooth, almost sensual, scent. I really like this one.

elena1m
elena1m

I love this. I guess you have like violets to like this. If not I don't see the point. It is very elegant and sexy.

Moszatka
Moszatka

I like it very well! It's a great fragrance, not for everybody, because strong and sexy:) After hours being so powderly and soft. It's fantastic!

guest_eleonora
guest_eleonora

its a very unique scent. its a srong one and not for everybody. i dont like it personally on myself but it smells good on others especially on those who it suites.

KeLLStar
KeLLStar

Insolence is a very strong perfume at first spray. Despite the strongness you can immediately tell that Insolence is not one of those "cheap berry scents".

The berries, & violet are the notes immediately apparent. They eventually settle & let the other scents, such as the strawberry, come through giving you a gorgeous powdery floral fragrance that lasts and lasts. I find that it evolves during the day.

It is a sophisticated adult twist on a young floral scent.

As it's quite strong at first, to be on the safe side I would spray this on about 30 mins before you need to be somewhere.

Insolence is not a scent I wear every day, but it's a good change from my Woody Orientals. Maybe once or twice a week.

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

Insolence is one heady and brassy fragrance and screams to me 80s power perfume! At first Insolence starts with loud berry and fruit notes. Then after about 10 minutes the violet and iris overpower the fruit notes. At 15 minutes the tonka bean and horribly done orange blossom takes over and nearly gags me. From there it just grows stronger and stronger. I finally had to scrub it off. I sure wouldn't describe this as sexy or sophisticated- at least with my chemistry. Literally gag-inducing to me and gives me a horrible sinus headache. Even after scrubbing it off it is still there, large as life. Not for me at all.

Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

I've never smelled any perfume that smelt like bath water.. it is a modern scent and not bad at all. It is another that must be tried on the skin, not out of a magazine sample or tester, I didn't like it from first sniff of the tester but drydown on my skin was quite lovely.

guest_Zoe M
guest_Zoe M

I love the scent. It's a scent for a strong women.

jeca
jeca

Modern berry scent with the Guerlain signature.

Insolence by Guerlain 3.49 out of 5 based on 1799 ratings and 294 user reviews

INSOLENCE for WOMEN by Guerlain EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ TESTER
INSOLENCE for WOMEN by Guerlain EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ SHIMMERING LIMITED EDITION
INSOLENCE for WOMEN by Guerlain EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ SHIMMERING LIMITED EDITION
Gift Set 1oz
Guerlain Insolence Coffret Eau De Toilette Spray 30ml 1oz Shimmering Body Milk 75ml 2.5oz 2pcs
Insolence Perfume by Guerlain - 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray
Insolence Perfume by Guerlain - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Insolence Perfume by Guerlain - 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray
Guerlain Insolence Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Guerlain Insolence Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Insolence fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Insolence, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Insolence by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Insolence by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.