Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Insolence Eau Glacee Guerlain for women

Insolence Eau Glacee Guerlain for women
dislike

Insolence Eau Glacee Guerlain for women Pictures

Another kind of olfactive insolence arrives from the house of Guerlain in light violet nuances with an icy accent. It continues tradition of form and shape of the characteristic flacon of perfume Insolence introduced back in 2006.

New, icy-cold Insolence Eau Glacee takes us into a new world composed of tasty and fresh aromas of green apple sorbet and luminous citruses which give a feeling of ultimate refreshment. Joyful and encouraging accords of red berries tingle your imagination with luxurious and elegant iris flowers, resting on velvety and gentle violet petals. Accentuated freshness in this composition arouses all senses and affects your emotions and good mood directly.

Icy insolence changes its concentration this time – from EDT to eau glacee. We will be able to try it in March 2009, from a new bottle in amount of 50ml.

Green Apple Citruses Red Berries iris Violet

Insolence
Insolence Eau de Parfum

Insolence Eau Glacee Fragrance Reviews

dsty
dsty

I wore this Eau Glacée side by side with the original Insolence (EdT) yesterday, and my impression was that they weren't much alike at all. Insolence EdT is pure candied violet, quite sweet and powdery, and above all very strong. It also lasts forever. The Eau glacée seemed weak in comparison: colder, certainly, and much lower on violets and powder. It doesn't last very long at all, and feels generally more like a conventional fruity floral, with a surprisingly strong sandalwood thrown in from the heart onwards. I liked the Eau Glacée but preferred the EdT, especially for the colder seasons when heavier scents are at their best.

Today, however, I'm wearing Eau Glacée on its own, and it's very much a different experience. Because it's not overpowered by it's bombshell older sister, I can see its merits much more clearly now. The violet and the powder are definitely there, just a lot more subtle and yes, made colder by the prominent aquatic/fruity notes, especially the apple. But I agree with another reviewer on this page: the fruits are so well blended in that they're not really dominant or even clearly recognizable at all, only as a modification to the main floral notes. I must have hallucinated the sandalwood as well yesterday, because I'm not getting any of that today, and no one else has mentioned it.
Altogether, this is fruity floral done right: very nice, light and wearable, but still unique and not cheap-smelling at all.

The EdT would still win if I could only keep one, so that's the one I'm most likely to get a full bottle of. But I like this Eau Glacée very much as well; it works great as a springtime version of the more fall and winter-appropriate Insolence EdT. I guess I'll just have to cherish what's left of my (big) sample!

AuraeliaBee
AuraeliaBee

violet, berries and citrus. all three are my skin's nemesis, they usually turn really sharp and pungent on me. But this.. is LOVELY. smells just like guerlain's meteorite compact powder. Now I can enjoy smelling that particular scent on myself rather than sniffing it from the compact.

VeeNVegas
VeeNVegas

This is a VERY sweet,sugary violet.

Lana148
Lana148

Love Insolence Eau Glacee. Opens up like cold, powdery lilac. I know, I know, there is no lilac here, but iris + violet gives out that feeling. It is such an amazing smell. Original Insolence is too strong for me, but this fragrance is just right. It's modern, different, easy to wear and sophisticated. Great lasting power. Great for colder weather.

nbailey9
nbailey9

This is a pretty fragrance, and it does iris right. That particular flower can smell old-ladyish, but it's well tapered by the violet (which makes you smell oh-so-French) and the slightly cool accord of this particular perfume. This is a springtime scent for the 20s/30s city-dwelling crowd. Though it is perfectly fine and lovely, I have to say I am disappointed by its staying power (only 2-3 hours on me) and by the fact that it's just lacking....Guerlainness! Their scents are usually so captivating, warm, and memorable that this one just seems unremarkable by comparison. I'll surely use up the bottle I have now, but I'll be searching elsewhere next spring.

mahshid.khademi
mahshid.khademi

Its a smell that you cant be indifferent about.
my fiance brought insolence as a souvenir from France, at first I didn't like it so much, I preferred light flowery smells but after a while I fell in love with it,

its long lasting, powerful in a feminine and sensual way and change a little during time. but I enjoy every phase of it.

it makes me feel confident and powerful. i wear it specially for interviews or at presentation days. it works like a power capsule to me. I definitely buy another bottle soon.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Frozen is a good name for this one because the violets are super cold in this one. Fresh and crisp, I think the apple particularly helps them stay so cool. But the apple is extremely well blended -- don't think your getting Be Delicious or something here -- just buoys the violets along. I did not get much of the berries, sweeter violet and powdery iris definitely take center stage. Amazing for spring. The violet is fresh and true, as though you just picked them from the lawn, with a little frozen dew on top. This is a bit lighter than Guerlain's usual offerings so may be a good option for someone who wants to try this house but does not like the heavier scents.

I have not seen anyone else make this comparison, but INSOLENCE EAU GLACEE reminded me immediately of Balenciaga PARIS with a slight tinge of Tom Ford VIOLET BLONDE. To my nose, EAU GLACEE is like a watery nineteenth-century violet soliflore with some sort of twenty-first-century synthetic edge, along with some added sweetness. Maybe this composition lies about midway between the recent Balenciaga and Tom Ford violet launches.

I do not find this creation "icy" but watery. It is not so much shiny or shimmery as it is limpid. Again, the Balenciaga is the closest comparison which comes to mind, although this composition seems a bit less synthetic than that one. As I am not a fan of the original INSOLENCE (to put it mildly...), this flanker is a welcome improvement. It is certainly lighter and wearable, and perhaps this is a version I could justify having around for the bottle (which I love!), since I would choose to wear the juice inside now and then.

Batey2008
Batey2008

No vanilla, no musk, no rose...yet I loved it! This was a mothers day gift and it was wonderful. Mental note to self to buy more!

Migalex
Migalex

I find the idea of this one very interesting and what I think was the aim perfectly achieved: it does smell of fresh violets, whatever that is, but it does in fact, mostsly due, I think, to the combination with lemon. No doubt the concept is interesting and well achieved. And it must be pleasant to other people because one of the times I was wearing it someone on the bus told another person she was smelling so good a perfume. But I had applied it recently, and although in the first half an hour sillage is good, I do not think it keeps that way for long. The scent is very subtle and sort of fidgety. Very good indeed.

yacoco
yacoco

too powdery
i love the mix between the citrus and the powder but
the powder too strong

purpleunicorn
purpleunicorn

I really wanted to like this scent. It was given to me as a gift. The bottle is so beautiful and it smells unlike anything that I've encountered in my life. Technically speaking, it is a unique and complex fragrance that does smell good. Unfortunately, it just doesn't suit me. I prefer slightly warmer scents most of the time, and this just wasn't it. I also find the berries to be a very strong, and I can only handle that note in small doses. From what I can tell, other people love it, but it definitely is not for everyone... me included. :( I will be keeping it because I don't truly dislike it. I mean, I have used it a couple times when going out just to mix things up. Plus, the bottle looks fabulous on my dresser next to my other perfumes.

EDIT: Okay, so I decided to start using this for the past week or so, and it's really grown on me. It hasn't replaced my personal favorites, but it really is a very unique and enchanting scent. Makes me think of a powerful woman who has a sort of mystery about her. I do recommend that others try it, because if it does work for you, then the result is amazing.

jae
jae

It's almost funny how open-minded consultants are in the Middle East. I attended a perfume expo last night. While every male consultant was pushing the "pour hommes" to me, a female consultant pretty much bum-rushed the team and took me away. One of the fragrances that she recommended was Insolence Eau Glacée. Surprisingly, I liked it on my skin. The berries don't "feminize" this on my skin at all. I get the citrus notes, the powdery iris and that candied violet. Longevity is surprisingly moderate, leaning towards long-lasting and the sillage is great, showcasing a crisp, yet warm floral surrounding.

LESSON: Men should listen to women more often. ;)

pansylady
pansylady

This is a soapy, powdery floral with excellent staying power that brings to mind Olene by Dyptique-

it makes me think of late winter/early spring, and it seems to call for purple clothing, somehow-

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is a young fragrance of powdered candied violets with a small squeeze of red berry juice. Great sillage, very good staying power. This fragrance makes me think of a winter fairy, pretty, sugary sweet, with a generous helping of icy powder, but also with an underlying crackle, shown by the berry zest. Nice and surprisingly warm scent.

brusweet
brusweet

Delicious! It does remind me of the original for the first 5 minutes, after that it's fresh and sweet, love it! The lasting power is amazing for an EDT, I sprayed it on me at 9 am, now it's 11pm, I can still feel it, well, it's a Guerlain!

Siv55
Siv55

Instant big thick powdery hit of parma violets, with a hint of something I guess supposed to smell cold at the same time. Somewhat like the scent in Guerlain face powder, and not much else. Similar to Kenzo Flower. Very weird juxtaposition of mild cold with extreme sugary violet powder. I suppose thats the point, but I can't say I like it :/

profumi73
profumi73

Il est moins fort que l'original.
Idéal pour l'été, frais, doux, et sucré.
Laisse un joli sillage

Norgirl
Norgirl

i love this so much .when i put this one i feel like a queen. i feel like im all dresed up and fresh sexy , ready to concor the world:)
the Apple is quite notisable , but whit the twist of citrus and berrys it becomes like somthing i never smelled before.
quite bold,strong and fresh whit a hint of powderynes by the Iris and violets. this is so stuningly beautiful and georges .
I cant wait to get a full bottle of this one .
but first i have the pleasure to meet the Big sister Insolence , she is as we speak whaithing for me at the postoffice:)i love them bouth for the unik style and ability to get the feminin lady in me out to play..

Eleiria
Eleiria

Sheer lilac coloured chiffons, petals, pearls and candles... This perfume is so lovely and so lilac. There used to be a particularly favourite lilac soap of mine when I was a kid, Eau Glacée reminds me exactly of that. It's not fruity at all, pure flowers to me. It doesn't change either, stays linear and gets stronger with time. It has very good sillage but is not cloying. Like it very much.

greydove
greydove

This is for all the Victorian violets out there. Ladies, you know who you are. ;) Gin in teacups and leaves on the lawn. Powdery, cool, dry, airy. Clean, clean, clean! Just like I like it! Someone said I smelled heavenly :D

Helsinki
Helsinki

Insolence's granddaughter, Eau Glacée, serves us a dried-down and stifled version of Insolence EDP. Eau Glacée has detergent-ish qualities. Yes: Insolence married a detergent and diluted itself - the result is this. The red berries are marvelous. You know what? I like what I smell. :) It seems like the legacy of Insolence just cannot be ruined.

Those who like the original EDP but do not want to their fragrance to signify
"BOOM! ATTENTION bitches, THE QUEEN HAS ARRIVED!" might find this a good catch.

liessadn
liessadn

I definitely change my mind about this parfum. I live in Brazil, in the center. The temperature is sizzling in most part of the year (about 40C or 108 F). Of course, the fragance changes according to the wheather and in my skin when I tried several times the smell was not good at all. The result was always a heavy violet and generic critoses smell, like a cheap and boring parfum, like I said in my past review.
I was thinking to give up when I decided to give an one more change for Eau Glacée.It was winter. Surprisingly, the fragance appers so rich, frutal, not the watery one that annoyed me.
I could feel the Gerlain´s notes fruits(toranja, berries, plum) very clear. They´re delicious!
To summarize, in my point of view, Eau Glacee in the cool weather is very nice, a beautiful fresh fragance, very young but sophisticated - but in the summer, in the beach, oh, Gosh, it goes wrong.

Insolence Eau Glacee is nothing like its predecessor Insolence EDT, at least in my opinion. While I do love the smell of violets, the original had absolutely slaughtered the beautiful flower, turning it into a candied mess which had me saying "Why Guerlain, why?" Insolence Eau Glacee thankfully has not made the same mistake.

Insolence Eau Glacee opens with a rather aquatic burst, being a little similar to that of L'eau par Kenzo. It is initially very watery and fresh. As it settles, the violet emerges in all its soft prettiness with some additional crispness from the apple note.

I'll agree that this fragrance has an icy feel. It is particularly refreshing when worn in the Summer humidity which I am now experiencing as we speak. I'm surprised that this fragrance release never managed to reach our shores and I feel as if we're missing out on a lot of Insolence flankers for some unbeknownst reason.

Towards the heart, Insolence Eau Glacee takes on a rather clean and soothing, subtle, powdery violet scent, which is the only similarity between the original and this version that I have managed to detect. I guess in some ways it seems like a more diluted version, with less sugar and more violet.

The fresh airy-ness of Insolence Eau Glacee, is in my opinion, delightful and inoffensive. It's feminine and simplistic, however it's not a fragrance for everyone as unfortunately this fragrance does tend to turn sour on my skin.

The drydown happened to be a very pleasing musky violet and the lasting power wasn't actually that bad, at least five hours. I would like to thank Guusje for being so loving and generous as to send me a sample of this hard-to-find fragrance.

Smell
Smell

love it !!! 8 hours pass but it still aroma me . not too sweet not too warm .

nasus s
nasus s

I tried this once at a duty free and didn't buy it on impulse because it was $90, but now I keep wishing I did. I have and like the original, but think I would like this version just as much if not more. If only I could find it in the US to try again. ahhhh!

July
July

I loved!!!Very similiar to Insolence EDP but this have an ice touch! Perfect!!!

Nicole79
Nicole79

HMMM...so I tryed this one today...I feel it sweet in a heavy way...i don't like it. It is a heavy violets fragrance ! :(

belladonna'sbliss
belladonna'sbliss

it is similar to the original, a justified flanker. I only noticed the citrus when i had both on, one on each arm. they are there and they are refreshing with the berries. In the original the top gives me more berries and blossoms to begin. well now that i have them side by side simultaneously...

Am getting alot of orange when i did not really remember it before. because compaired to the original right now all I get is sweet orange. sure that is not right will try again and add later.
Well yes when side by side the citrus persists through the drydown, maybe a little woods in there, the violet and iris are there and smell of insolence. The more I smell them side by side the more the name makes a little more sense. This Violette is not as much the screaming sort from the original it's edges have been tampered with and curbed. Yes this is better than most 'editions' today, it is a true fresh take on the original. a little more elegant.

Smells almost identical to the original on my skin, but put side by side (and of course I had to try this) it is less sweet and a little clearer. Still, as nezzabel said, there is no 'icy' feeling to this, no fresh crisp notes that the name implies, which is disappointing. Still, if you like the original, this is not a bad variation, but it may not be different enough to justify another bottle, cool as the bottles are.

luz
luz

Very similar to the edt, but softer, as expected. Good perfume.

Yana
Yana

The only Insolence I liked, I can't stand all the others. It's similar to "Love is all" a bit, but just the begining:)

nezzabel
nezzabel

This one is already available in Portugal(!),I 've tried today (couple of hours ago) and I must say i'm very disappointed..
Eau glacée means something like iced water so i was expecting a fresh scent with a blast of citrus and berries, but on my skin is too flowery... lots and lots of violets and not refreshing at all. Truly the name Eau Glacée is misleading, IMO it's not icy and fresh and I barely detect the fruity notes. at least on my skin it is a floral perfume.
It's a nice scent, joyful and young and has a good staying power.

Insolence Eau Glacee by Guerlain 4.05 out of 5 based on 280 ratings and 33 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Insolence Eau Glacee fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Insolence Eau Glacee, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Insolence Eau Glacee by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Insolence Eau Glacee by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.