Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

Insolence Eau de Parfum Guerlain for women

Insolence Eau de Parfum Guerlain for women
dislike

I have it: 595 I had it: 147 I want it: 667 My signature: 30

Insolence Eau de Parfum Guerlain for women Pictures Insolence Eau de Parfum Guerlain for women Pictures Insolence Eau de Parfum Guerlain for women Pictures

Insolence Eau de Parfum arrives as more intensive, intoxicating and magical than its antecedent Insolence Eau de Toillete. It features a new colour of the bottle which stands for intoxicating scents hiding inside it. The dark and seductive bottle is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml EDP.

The composition is similar: accentuated iris and endlessly seductive violets which are set in the very heart of the perfume. The perfume was created for an eccentric and chic woman, who thrives for perfection. Insolence Eau de Parfum was launched in 2008. Insolence Eau de Parfum was created by Sylvaine Delacourte and Maurice Roucel.

Red Berries

Love in Black

Insolence Eau de Parfum Fragrance Reviews

Musume
Musume

Insolence EDP supposed the beginning of my love for violets, before I had tried Aimez-moi (hated it, it smelled like stale cigarettes to me) and Violetta di Parma (rubber duck anyone?) so I was convinced I didn't like violets, how wrong I was, I love them! specially when they're accompanied of tonka and iris. Insolence is sweet, powdery, elegant but not serious, lasts a couple of eons and it's absolutely beautiful. I only use it in fall or at wintertime, preferably at night (this one is a shady lady) because it can be too intense for warmer temperatures, but I smell it all year long, I love other violets as well, but this one is and will be forever my first violet love.

Lacrimosa
Lacrimosa

❀ When I first smelled Insolence I let out a sigh of pleasure. I felt surrounded by the mellow scent of powdery violet and iris accord, along with the warmth of tonka bean and sandalwood which followed. For me Ιnsolence is the aroma of feminity... vintage lipsticks and face-powder, the scent of boudoirs...❤

Englishrose4
Englishrose4

Very classy, sweet and powdery.
To me this is a gorgeous mix of fresh violets and warm smoky Nag Champa joss sticks.

Under the gorgeous violets and powdery iris I get a really sexy smokiness from this, tested it on Tuesday, booted it back to buy in on the Wednesday!

I can see that it wouldn't be for everyone, you got to like violets and powder and I prefer it when it's cooler or evening time, it's one of those special occasion scents, I think it would be perfect for a Halloween party & I'm definitely wearing it on Bonfire night!

I don't think the bottle does it justice at all, it deserved something a lot more classy looking to match how classic it smells.

beccalee79
beccalee79

Wearing this one today and a lady I work with just said to me:

"OMG Bec what is that perfume??, I've never smelt anything so beautiful, please wear it every day, I LOVE IT!!'

What a fantastic compliment! This one is a strong powdery violet, very special and different to anything I own.

galaxy86
galaxy86

Beautiful soothing violets and gorgeous tonka bean drydown. I love it!!! Is it overhyped - yes. Is it for me nevertheless - yes. It soothes, calms and relaxes. I sleep better when I use this. It is going to be my perfect bedtime perfume when I get my hands on this.

cargo
cargo

So dissappointed with this blind buy. Initial blast reminds me of a harsh detergent/ shower cleaner. Heavy and over powering. Followed instructions from another review that said " spray from a distance etc", but still a large, loud horrible burst of detergent violets with an astringent afetr tone.
Despite washing my wrists several times the smell is still over powering but become more powdery and soft.
Feel like I am about to clean to bath...

IntentOnScent
IntentOnScent

Love this stuff!
The bottle is so pretty (just wish it had a taller sprayer under the cap, much of it winds up on the top of the 100ml bottle when I apply, so wasteful as you don't need to use much and its not dirt cheep)
Insolence has a wonnnnnnderful violet that is actually long lasting and warm. Its winter here in Australia when my blind buy arrived. I have to say I'm not disappointed at all since it lasts well, projects well, and gives off the most pleasant enveloped in warm love cocoon I could have wished for. I'm already budgeting for a backup bottle despite spring being just round the corner. I don't think it will "feel right" in the hot aussie summers, tho I'll probably try anyway, but I know for sure, after owning this for less than two months, I never want to be without this in my collection.
Ps: and yes shiv. My ex said he smelt marzipan right away. which is almond pretty much with sugar. I don't smell that first tho, i get violets all the way from start to finish as the main note

shivabglr

I do get a big blast of almonds at the beginning,

wonder if I'm the only one?!

simply gorgeous

dienn
dienn

Yakkkk!! I need a shower!! Smells like mothballs.

Verry strange thing happend => 2 day's later -> i like it :-/

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

First I sniff on it, it smells divine! I couldn't help keep sniffing on my wrist where I sprayed at...yes it is ultra feminin with powdery violet like a cloud wrapped on your body, but still I bought a big bottle. Everytime I wear it, my colleagues and friends are asking what perfume I am wearing, and end up by the ask me to buy them this beautiful perfume, 4 friends a big bottle each!

Midea
Midea

On my skin it starts really beautifully yet within couple of hours all I can smell is pure make up powder. And that's all, just powder. I blame it on weather as it's hot summer and need to try it in a colder season to be sure what I exactly feel about this fragrance.

mabelcruet
mabelcruet

Such a departure for Guerlain-this is a rich dark violet, very demanding, very loud and upfront. Although its floral, its not a romantic floral, its a dramatic powerful scent. However strong it is though, it doesn't overpower you or take over. I love the use of violet in Apres L'Ondee and Meteorites, and equally love the use of violet in this, although it is different. Its like Meteorites bigger brassy exhibitionist sister. I don't really get much of the fruity berry notes. The dry down is a gorgeous sweet powdery dream that lasts and lasts.

tkomaigo77
tkomaigo77

I love the name and the bottle and the berries and the violets. I love that it's totally overbearing and elusive at the same time. I like that I can't tell wether it's elegant or trashy. I think it's both. I usually wash it off and the give up and put it back on again. You are a purple monster and I can't trust you but you fascinate me nonetheless. Insolent YES but somehow endearing.

Dinkum
Dinkum

Can´t make up my mind about this. Sometimes this is absolutely right on my skin, delicate whiffs from time to time. But sometimes it´s a horrid headache inducing scrubber, way to synthetic. Trouble is, I don´t know beforehand...

(EDT is tamer, never so good as the EdP CAN be, never a scrubber either. Dullish).

shivabglr

I've had this beauty for a while now,
imho it's not that fruity,
it's more floral woody,
in fact it's really woody on me, like straight up sandalwood and violet,

I really love it,
probably the most long lasting floral ever

ceecee474
ceecee474

I absolutely love this EDO! It's beautiful and very long lasting, and when I put it on I always feel happy and full of love. It's always a good day when I wear this scent. No exceptions.

Very intense violet. For violet lovers, this scent is obligatory. Pure violet on some woody base.
For me it is too overwhelming. Sometimes I have a feeling like some perfumes are screaming. Definitely I prefer perfumes that talk gently or whisper sweetly...

Wheaters
Wheaters

This makes me giddy with delight, I literally swoon when I smell it. It is so, so beautiful, not too sweet, and I love the powderiness which I had never understood in a perfume sense until this fragrance.
I think it may become my signature, since my original signature Alien is now everywhere, and I can appreciate that my other signature option Arrogant Cat Dawn I might not be everybody's cup of tea.

cocodust
cocodust

I love this. I've tried it in the past and it hadn't struck me. but was on special offer in Boots and I tried it on my skin. Perfume equivalent of parma violet sweets for UK readers, but elegant, powdery not candy-tacky, delightful! My husband also said I smelled like marzipan when I got in the car wearing it, which made be doubly happy cause I love marzipan and had been looking for a 'marzipan' perfume for ages.

mynerva10
mynerva10

Guerlain Insolence ETP is pure violet, sweet, for a real lady who loves perfumes... staying power is great, the best for me!! SIGNATURE SCENT!!! <3
The sillage is just perfect, last week a woman follow me for ask me what perfume i'm wearing!!
It feels at least two meters of distance and lasts all day!!Beautifulllllllllllllll
Sillage: 10/10
One of the best fragance i have!!

Nataja
Nataja

Ultra feminine,soft,balmy perfume. This isnt sexy or a clean perfume,but it represents a nurturing,soft hearted feminine domestic woman,who puts her makeup on and nice dresses whe her husband takes her to dark romantic restaurants on the weekend preferably in his Audi limousine...

deda147
deda147

I finally bought a bottle of this after doubting a lot.... And so far I love it! The opening was a bit too sweet and fruity for me, with berries being the most notable note, along with violet. But after a while the iris shows itself along with the sandalwood and tonkabean. It's creamy, powdery and has a dark sort of sweetness. I must thank the ScentedPianist for convincing me to buy this one and I'm really glad I did. This one could easily pass for unisex and isn't super feminine, whereas the EdT is a lot more feminine and bright. Sillage is huge, can't comment on the longevity yet.

Ahlamsarah
Ahlamsarah

I prefer Insolence Guerlain for women, the latter is softer and more powdery, this one is overwhelming.

lvscents
lvscents

"That which above all others yields the sweetest smell in the air, is the violet."
Whether or not you agree with Francis Bacon, Guerlain, in my opinion, have created violet heaven with Insolence.
I am relaxing on a bench in a beautiful garden. The bench has been intricately created from a fallen sandalwood trees. A lawn stretches away from me and is adorned with a plethora of flowering violets. The nearby borders of irises sway in the soft breeze. My eyes begin to close as the beautiful scents merge and become almost tangible. A purple velvet curtain descends as I dream of Lady Viola and her secret love.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

My favourite of the Insolence to date. I appreciate it even more now than when I first got it in the early days of my fragrant hobby. Simply put, it is the Violet's answer to Malle's Lipstick Rose. It has the creamy powdery effect of Guerlain lipsticks (same smell I swear) with an excellent longevity and potent sillage. Iced violets on cream. Decadent.

Beccaru
Beccaru

A powdery violet delight. Might be too much for some but if you like your sugary sweet scents then this is one with a bit of class. What else would you expect from Guerlain? I walked by an older lady in Tesco a few days ago and heard her loudly say to her husband 'can you smell that??! Something smells lovely!" It was me, without a doubt ;)

donimili
donimili

This is nice, gentle flowery-powdery perfume. Very clean, very good lasting power. I don't think it's that strong, to me it is very pleasant. It is not Angel strong. I have and love Angel but i use only one splash. I don't want to make everyone around me feel sick, including myself. I spray Insolence 2-3 times, depending on my mood, and i'm quite happy, it lasts all day. It is lovely, in my opinion very feminine perfume.
Maybe, if you like this edp, but you find it little too much for you, good solution for you would be Insolence eau glacee. It is lighter version, and also great way to smell like violets, anytime you like it, all year round :)

VanillaTabbyCat1963
VanillaTabbyCat1963

Aleveglez,
I too, bought Insolence thinking it would be in keeping with it's image as a "power violet" with a woody base to ground it, but to my nose it comes across as a sweet, candyish violet. Pleasant to be sure, but I sure don't detect any woody, spicy or Patchouli to contrast with or to ground the overwhelmingly sweet body of this composition.
I have come to expect something more complete with Guerlain, but this could be their example of keeping in step with the current trend of sweet, light fragrances. Reading the description of Insolence would make one think that they will get a violet power-floriental in the style of 80's-90's. Truthfully, that is what sold me. I am past my obsession with violets, but I certainly would foot the bill for the fragrance that Insolence is touted to be; I just haven't found it yet.

anna.023
anna.023

Nothing makes me love my friend more than when she says:

" I smelled someone wearing Insolence today and I immediately thought of you! "

aleveglez
aleveglez

After so many Guerlains tryouts, I decided to get a bottle of Insolence EDP, after I tried Samsara, which, to my dismay, gave a nose itch.
When I first applied it, I was expecting a HUGE perfume, strong and NUCLEAR violet, a headache inb a bottle, as I had read in so many blogs/sites. And it is not that. It is so soft that it is barely noticeable when I first apply. After a few minutes the fragrance begins to develop, and it is so soft and feminine, it is not suffocating, overwhelming or offensive. It is creamy and powdery, delicate.
I have been checking around, I even thought that I had maybe got a fake, but it is not. Do you know if they change the formula?
I don't dislike it, it is such a beautiful scent, very close to skin.
Has anyone else had this experience?
Thanks!

lena.lander.9
lena.lander.9

Absolutely love this! And the best thing: everybody else around me love it and comment on what a nice perfume I wear. And that´s the perpose for me wearing perfumes, I want to smell good! Violet -love the smell, and the colour.

luz
luz

Luca Turin has inspired me with his reive to get this one, after a bad experience with the edt, which I found overly sweet and artificial. This edp is not so powdery as I imagined and still has a delicate, girly--femme fatale dichotomy. It is very nice and wearable. One of my best perfumes.

jana.hullinghorst
jana.hullinghorst

This is a warmer, modernized version of l' heure bleue. The openings are identical. Where L'Heure Bleue has anise, Insolence has tonka bean and red berries. These more contemporary notes give it a warmth and makes it more approachable to the younger audience. Both have the licorice note but it's less predominant in the Insolence.

fayegiblin
fayegiblin

This perfume is my favourite floral perfume ever! I don't normally go for floral perfumes, but while shopping at the Guerlain counter and having spent an absolute fortune buying cosmetics and skincare for my Vegas wedding, the assistant gave me (yes, gave me) a tester bottle of this and said 'Use this - it'll be perfect for your wedding day' - She was so right! I couldn't decide a wedding perfume, so she saved me a job too! I got home and could not stop using it... and since that day 2 years ago I have bought so many bottles. The violet in this is subtle, sexy, not overpowering at all and you will not tire of the scent. Everyone tells me how great it smells and three men have asked me and bought it for their wives as gifts - so bonus for them too.

Some have mentioned Angel here - which I've had and didn't like too much - it did not remind one iota of Angel - they are poles apart in my opinion.

I'd call this classy, elegant, feminine and beautifully lasting.

Even if you don't like flowery perfumes, trust me, you will love this - treat yourself :)

selenehdez
selenehdez

Este perfume me ha encantado, huele a violeta, pero lo siento cremoso, dulce, alegre, no necesitas ponerte mucho para sentirlo; tiene muy buena estela y duración.

marine.altunyan
marine.altunyan

I absolutely adore this perfume! It was a present (luckily) and it was spot on. I had never thought I'd like such flowery and somewhat heavy scents but it is a very feminine and seductive smell. It is perfect for winter as it is a bit heavy for the summer but it is absolutely amazing!!! I have received many compliments with this one.

kivarose
kivarose

I'd heard so many horrifying reviews of Insolence that when I went to sample it, I held the sprayer far away from me, somewhat terrified that I would suddenly start glowing purple from the nuclear glow of the perfume....

So, I was intensely surprised when I tentatively sniffed the air, and then my arm, to breathe in one of the most beautiful violet and iris perfumes I have EVER experienced. And not just beautiful, but creamy and rich and dark and nuanced and interesting, and not at all overly sweet. The creamy but radiant combination of orange blossom and violet/iris simmering in guerlinade is just breathtaking for me. Not much gourmand to be had here as it is on my skin, but that's just fine with me.

Insolence is my violet holy grail, and I am so shocked I can hardly wrap my head around it. I am so pleased to find that she really is the derelict daughter of L'Heure Bleue! Sure she's got on a cheap dress, has been drinking sangria, and her eyes look a bit bruised from too much partying, but she's still has the inborn drama, melancholic air, and radiant charisma of her mother.

I'm already worrying about reformulations and it being discontinued.... backup bottles are clearly a must.

For reference, my other favorite violet perfumes include Guerlain's (vintage) L'Heure Bleue and Apres l'Ondee, Lutens' Bois de Violette and De Profundis, Oriza Legrand's Chypre Mousse, and Penhaligon’s Violetta.

biancarogoveanu
biancarogoveanu

This is an unique, gorgeous fragrance, i got tons of compliments wearing this, both from men and women ! It's powdery so it's more adequate for night time or for cold seasons.
The lasting power is amazing, i give it a 10, it is one of the best fragrances i ever had.

Annushkalove
Annushkalove

My Dad told me Insolence smells like his Grandma, my great grandma. But that did not stop me from getting this. What is wrong with smelling old? I think great grandma had great taste. :P I can imagine myself back in 40's powdering my opera gloves with poudre that smells exactly like this. Which reminds me that Insolence smells close to Guerlain meteorites perles which scent I adore so much I only bought it just to sniff it. (Seriously those powder balls are too pretty to use.) I didn't get to smell the discontinued Meteorites perfume but if it smells anything like the powder I imagine this is close.

Uhm please think twice of purchasing the 100ml bottle bec if you have tiny hands it might be a struggle for you to spray the perfume and most of the juice ended up in the flat top of the bottle.

Sillage is very strong. 3 sprays is enough to make me feel nauseous. It stays about 6 hrs on my skin and days in clothes or pillow. I think the fragrance is suitable for both young and old. Young ladies please give this fragrance a chance there is nothing wrong with smelling like the old who knows it might just be your new favorite.

Lastly, I find the name "Insolence" not fitting for such an elegant fragrance but that is just my humble opinion. :)

Edit: On a second thought the name "Insolence" is perfect. How can such a delicate violet can smell so loud?! Lol No shrinking violet here. A shy girl now ready to announce her presence in a very "insolent" way.

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

For me it opened with a cloud of "stuff" no one note coming through, then after a moment I got the smell of a "ripe" violet. Not candied and powdery but "ripe". I am assuming the berries behind it gave it that interesting dimension. The violet in this is warm, not cool like most violets. After wearing it awhile it warmed up with the sandalwood and the honeyed scent of Orange blossom behind the violet. This mellowed the violet a bit more, which kept the whole thing from feeling to linear. The dry down introduced the Tonka bean, giving yet another dimension to the violets. This stuff lasts all day.

This is definitely not a "classic violet" scent. It does not follow the traditional violet trajectory even though violet is consistently the main note throughout. The scent is continually evolving on the skin during the course of the day giving the violets different dimensions and preventing the linear trap many violets find themselves in. Lovely.

It's a bit too strong for me to wear everyday, without growing tired of it, but it is really an excellent addition to the rotation of a violet and orange blossom lover like myself. It shakes things up a bit.

darcy2

When I was a little girl my father would buy violet candies called Choward's Violet pastilles. They came in a roll like lifesavers but were square rather than round. I loooved the way they smelled, but they didn't taste too good to me at the time...this smells JUST like these violet candies which I cannot find anymore. It was a positive association for me as I truly cherish the memories I have with father as a child. However, I originally was looking for a more natural violet to begin with, and jumped on this because the scent association triggered a huge wave of nostalgia. I love the way this smells, and it has a lot of projection and longevity for a violet scent, even if it is rather linear. I found a more natural violet in Balenciaga Paris and later in Bottega Veneta.

P.S. Thank you fellow fragrantican Scarletta for giving me the correct name of the maker of the candies!)

babycakesbec
babycakesbec

Smells of powder and dark licorice. Not sweet at all and its almost unisex. Disappointed because i love powdery perfumes and was excited to try this one. Definitely wont be purchasing a bottle.

Matt Oldham
Matt Oldham

I got a 100ml bottle of this at a place a block from where I live for dirt cheap. I was really surprised. Abstract: smells of almost nothing but itself. And doesn't smell particularly loud. Very nice but so not-what-I-was-expecting that it will take time to figure out the concept. Didn't seem trashy either...I don't know. Mystified so far.

darcy2

I was so pleased to finally find this where I could actually test it. I have been looking for a nice, lasting violet fragrance and have Penhaligon's Violetta, which sadly, does a disappearing act within a half hour of application. Insolence eau de parfum starts out with violets, the fruit definitely takes a back seat with this, and dries down to a lovely "orris" type violet. A little sweet, but not too much so for my taste, more of a woman's sweet rather than a young girl. On me, it wore rather close to the skin compared to the several others I was testing on my skin, with excellent longevity.

cecyben
cecyben

INSOLENCE EAU DE PARFUM by GUERLAIN: I do love heavy perfumes and this one is really very, very strong. I do love perfumes with good staying power and this one has a great longevity. I do love perfumes with great sillage and this one has a terrific sillage ... also it smells fantastic, so that I love too much this fragrance !!!

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Insolence EDP's opening is a very powdery iris to my nose. And if sprayed heavily, it actually reminded me of iris in Shalimar Parfum Initial.

This extremely powdery phase lasted around 1 hour on me and then the violet becomes more and more clear, finally takes over the whole scent. It's sweet violet decorated by powdery iris and a small amount of red berries to give the flowers a kick.

Some perfumes sit close but maintain an intensity, like a velvet covered on skin, while some are like a fog surrounding the skin, but difficult to discern a shape, for exemple Kenzo Flower, and here, Insolence EDP.

The tonka beans and woodsy notes are subtle and the scent doesn't evolve too much while slowly fading away. The sillage is moderate on me and the longevity is at least 8 hours.

I tried it several times and honestly, during the first time, I liked it but was not impressed. However, the more I try, the more I like it. The name 'Insolence' is so well chosen for this series. The fragrance is sweet and well blended, but the same time it leaves out an unconstrainted confidence of its beauty. Definitely worths a try, though it'd better to prepare for its powdery texture.

memento___mori
memento___mori

Im having trouble with this perfume... Im getting an overwhelming smell of hairspray. Is anyone else getting this??

lollsazz
lollsazz

VERY much violet and iris, and very sweet... I kinda hate the smell of violets - they remind me of some person I don't like. Also, I find violets quite cold-smelling, and I would like it to be combinged with some creamy vanilla, which this doesn't have, and the powder in this isn't enough to warm it up for me. This is, however, quite an interesting perfume, but it can be a little "in your face" - I never ever ever ever sprayed this right onto myself, but squeezed a little drop out and placed i on my arm and placed the other arm over, and maybe one drop on my neck or right under my breast. In other words: don't be sad about in "only" being a 1 oz bottle.

If you like violets, this is a good choice, but Insolence (the light pink bottle) is more gentle and romantic, imo. It might not be quite as complex, but it's also not as invasive.

ForrealMe2

Update: I just took this out of the box and sprayed this just to see how i would react to it now cause its been over a week since i have had this and i absolutely love this...initially it was soo overwhelming but now the scent has either calmed down a bit with time or i really have adapted well to this scent ..i think its alittle bit of both...i am so happy i kept this i almost was going to swap this baby but you just need time to really adapt to it..give it a week..don't be so quick to hate this one...i did stick it out and i am so happy i did its wonderful and comforting and the sillage is great because its so strong...perfect berry violet scent! So happy this was my first Guerlain! Perfumes and how you react to them is such a mystery.

ForrealMe2

I think after taking some time with this scent i am actually beginning to like it...test this one out ladies because its too different a violet powder red berry suped up perfume..imagine syrupy purple powder candy and not grape either like powder pezz..its weird not for everyone..its soo sweet its rediculous even for me and i probably would have gotten the EDT knowing this but i was thinking mmm EDP it will last longer..its loud like poison because of the violet and similar to the old poison i use to remember only because of the violet note which i never knew poison had..it has that violet shampoo kinda smell because its too berry this is why i was like bleh at first..
i really was about to give up on this one but it seems i have adapted again..but i'll tell you why i am really keeping this one besides the fact i couldn't find a swap i was interested in enough with what i was looking for..
First off its a bit of a challenge when the bottle is so purple cute and it is my first Guerlain...when i showed my husband this perfume today because i was like look i dunno if i wanna give this perfume up cause im really not feeling it and iffy about the scent he was shocked and gave it a special look and actually loved the bottle when i took it out of the box and thought the scent was nice..i was like oh my he really likes this one..yeah it was that kinda reaction...that was enough to get me excited because his happiness is my happiness.. and i asked him so overall what do you think he's like i like the color and we both at the same time said it looks like a fountain..was a cute coincidental moment..so i thought i will keep it.. she seems to have this affect on everyone that looks at her for the most part i suppose lol..i'm a sucker for packaging with this one..

antfarm
antfarm

A very pleasant dime-store makeup scent. Powdery violet with lipsticky berries. Nearly mouthwatering and edible, but too powdery to be gourmand. Reminds me of the cosmetics section of a dollar store around Halloween time.

Edible violets.
Violet petals rolled in confectioner's sugar. Very powdery. I find it stifling in hot weather.
It's not syrupy or overtly gourmand, but it has a gourmand vibe. Kind of reminds me of cakes at a tea party. Young, but reserved.

beatrix75
beatrix75

I become a big fun of guerlain hous becose i love all the insolence perfumes expecialy edp and edt both are the best in my opinion feminine but soft in the same time both are sweet but not "that sufocate"sweet OMG i cant explaine just i know i die for !!!!edp its more voluptos more strong and long lasting,its more powderly violet but more clopse to the skin ,Edt its more fresh flower complex fruit litle bit more conspicuous than Edp.i love them soo much

Migalex
Migalex

This one is a nice sweet violet scent. The dominant note is violets by far, but the common violet sharpness has been softened very nicely and sweetened. It is also very very woody, which to me is a minus point because I usually am not that fond of woody notes and in this fragrance in particular I do not appreciate it that much. I do not find staying power that good now, I actually find it relatively poor. Not that the scent totally vanishes, but it gets too faint quickly. Although I do find it nice, I do not think it is anything special and there are from my viewpoint much better violet scents.

Simbelyne
Simbelyne

I have a soft spot for violets as they remind me of my childhood, thus I instantly fell in love with this perfume!

It screams violets, violets :), I can barely feel the sandalwood and the woody tone. The berries are definitely overshadowed by the violets on my skin, and I can only detect them as a very subtle sweet presence which enhances the natural sweetness of the violet. The impression is also strengthened by the iris, which adds a floral touch. This is definately a classic powdery aroma, deep and bursting with sweetness - in short love at first sight for me :). I would not recommend this scent to women who dislike sweet smells or prefer lighter fragrances.

The eau de parfume variation is very strong and lasts more than 12 hours on my skin. Clothes get soaked up and I usually can't wear something else with the same blouse or dress even after one wash. "Insolence" has a strong sillage which can fill a room. I was very surprised when I walked into a Lush (!) store where the seller recognized it immediately and complemented me on it. I was very impressed by this perfume's sillage evident from this occurence, because Lush shops are full of aromas- any person, who has been to one knows what I mean.

kelaemegrey
kelaemegrey

The EDT is one of my favorite perfumes, but I can't stand the EDP... I find the berries too strong and like if they doesn't mix well with the violets. The EDT is far more sutil and delicate, the violet notes are a lot heavier, IMO. I'm not saying that this is a bad fragrance, it just doesn't work for me.

xx

lassie172
lassie172

The bottle is georgeous!! It smells very strong and powdery. a bit sauer. it stays on my skin for hours. nomatter if you like it or not it is a good job

elenamldv
elenamldv

It's too musky and powdery. Every time I try to like it, always end up scrubbing it off of me. Too complex for my taste.

mchell4
mchell4

Love this perfume,my new best perfume.

mluckyg
mluckyg

I have the EDP sample, the overall impression of this perfume is Sweet Grape/red berries syrup with violet and iris makes it a little bit powdery at the drydown. Lovely violet.
The drydown is more matured and creamy compared to first notes.
I like the lovely drydown.

Mickey Tollerraine
Mickey Tollerraine

I tried both EDP and EDT versions of this perfume so I read the reviews saying it's so marvellous, and I got some advices about its sillage is so heavy. I sprayed EDP on my left wrist, and edt to right. My opinions about edp version are below :
1-10 minutes : Very linear , simple VIOLETS. I tought there are so much violets, the scent look like cheap room sprays.
10-20 min. : Violets are all gone, there is only powder left behind.
After 20 minutes: The scent disappeared on me, incredibly but the edt version lived longer.
I found nothing special with this fragrance. But I only found cute is its bottle, it's elegant, the color of it is so chic.
anyway I dont think to buy any Insolence.

Heliotropea
Heliotropea

"Berried" violets. Rich, warm. Quite linear, from the beginning to the end. Strong and powerful with great sillage. It lasts up to 10 hrs on me, throughout a shower. After a couple of hours it's at its best, smooth and much softer. I use it only a couple of times a month so that it remains a treat and doesn't become a bore. To be sprayed sparingly or you might choke everyone in the room. But I most definitely adore this unique scent !

The best i've ever smell! Precious, special and rich notes are amazing! Every moment i realize a new note.

puddley
puddley

Review for Parfum Extrait, not EDP..

Bizarrely good, I hate to say it but for once I agree with Sanchez and Turin, there is something extraordinary about this fragrance.
I bought a collection of pure perfume extracts (with L'instant and Shalimar included) and was gobsmacked to find this one was the best. Prepared to hate the loud violet, as I prefer a cool woody violet to a sugary one, I thought it would be a big pink 'girly girl's perfume'. It's not, this is what it does:

Opening: pure sugary powdery parma violet, not a lot else.

Heart: still continues with violet but projects a subtler whiff, I am reminded of sugared almonds and very slightly - anise, not the fulsome anise of L'heure Bleue, but still something with an aromatic quirk. The Iris is definitely there but with less austerity than it often adds.

Dry down: takes ages, all of the heart remains but a musky sensation creeps in and a tiny touch of vanilla/tonka accord but less so than other Guerlains.

At no stage do I smell fruit in the pure parfum, just powdery floral anise. I would like to try the EDT for comparison as I imagine the sharp raspberry would be a lovely addition to these notes.

To me, this is the scent of 'old Guerlain', although dressed up in modernity it really does have that vintage feel that die-hards crave. Perhaps this is the unexpected answer for those who trawl fairs looking for vintage Guerlain, the smell of history maxed up for the modern age?

dezaval
dezaval

My God! What a treasure! I didn't expect to like so much a fragrance with violet, as I'm mostly a rose and vanilla fan. I don't have words for this creation. It lasts really really long and has huge power. It has a distinctive character. I must say the Guerlain House is one of the very best in this area. Its fragrances last many hours and stay true to what you smell.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I seriously hate to say anything less than fabulous about my beloved House of Guerlain. I love so many of the scents they have created, but this is not one of them.

Insolence EDP begins as an interesting exercise in deconstruction of the elements of L'Heure Bleue and it had me intrigued for a little bit until the strong synthetic violet note came in and smothered everything else. At first the violet is too green. A violet chypre doesn't work, at least not here. Then the violet becomes sickeningly sweet as the vanilla note comes out. I wore this most of today giving it every chance to shine and it just did not, at least not on my skin. In fact this sillage monster made me feel ill.

I love the beautiful bottle, but sadly I will be saying goodbye to this one. Bye bye, baby.

eilismaireg

I returned a scent today and just had to bring this baby home as an exchange! My old review is below and I gave it a 10/10 then. Since I wrote it I have become addicted to Guerlain fragrances in general and I do think that this composition feels at home next to, in particular, Samsara. It is 'louder' than my favourite L'Heure Bleue, and comes across a bit as a cross between L'H B and Dior Poison in its attitude. It's futuristic (berry fruits) but it's nostalgic (how can violets not be?) and it's great fun. Longevity wise it doesn't seem to linger quite as long as Shalimar or L'Heure but it's like having a little party on your skin while it lasts (2 - 4 hours on me). My husband likes it too!

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

First of all, I would like to say that I'm not someone who mourns Guerlains lost glory, who wishes to return to the days of old.
I never knew Guerlains lost glory, my perfumed life only began two years ago, so I don't miss it.
I was looking for a Guerlain that suited me (I already own Jasminora from the Aqua Alegoria range, but I mean, I want a REAL Guerlain ;p). I don't like the milky, woody sweetness of what is left of the fragrance that was once Samsara and I find Shalimar to be too heavy with the memories of those who wore it before me. So I decided to try some of the younger, newer Guerlains and started with this perfume that is supposed to be true to it's name.

I was quite disappointed. Insolence EDP is not a bad perfume, certainly not, but it is not as bold, as fun, as exciting as I expected it to be.
Insolence EDP starts with a big blast of berries and candied violets and those violets are there to stay for a very long time. Unchanging, linear. It reminds me of those tiny purple violet candies (violetta'? I don't quite remember the name), sweet, powdery, slightly artificial violet. After some time the violets become a little more spicy, a little more interesting. Then suddenly, they're gone, and a warm base wih tonkabean and woods starts to emerge. There's still some violet left, showing its purple leaves now and then. I quite like the drydown, the undertone of powdery violets and the sweet, warm tonkabean is very appealing, but I think it is a very very soft drydown, especially when compared to the loud violets in the opening.
This base keeps going for quite some time, bit slowly fades to a skinscent, untill there's nothing left.
Insolence EDP is an okay fragrance, but I really don't need okay fragrances, especially for that price.

cheekychee
cheekychee

The joy of the Lord shall be your strength. Neh. 8:10 I like to think of Bible verses to go with perfumes these days. There is an extra, spiritual dimension to perfume and the women who wear perfume. This is stunning and smells divine. The bottle is very stylish. The top notes are JOYFUL and the dry down is strong and graceful and comforting. I agree with the many who say this is the modern classic of L'heure Bleue. Guerlain has created so many consummate perfumes.

e_negrau
e_negrau

This perfume reminds me of the smell of fountain pen ink from my school childhood...Even the bottle evokes me an ink pot. I love it, I feel like some talented and insolent writer when I wear this! Is a very complex and alluring fragrance and, for me, it is IT, the most desirable perfume to wear! It seems to describe very well the violet-indigo colour. Fascinating perfume!

Anisa

If i had to wear one perfume for the rest of my life, this would be IT! Talk about uniqueness, class,staying power....it has it all.

xdollpartsx
xdollpartsx

I actually really enjoy the smell of this on others even though I hated parma violets as a child (it really does smell like parma violets!) unfortunately it just doesn't work on me (sobs) one squirt is like a bomb and that's it, i'm trapped for the whole day in this violet bubble that after a good 8 hours fades to this dirty (i think i've associated it here with a past memory) pasty, dusty stench. It really is a shame as this fragrance lasts forever, mega sillage and BEAUTIFUL bottle! Very rich smelling (very Guerlain) I totally admire this perfume but unfortunately for me it will have to be at a certain distance.

EDIT: if this doesn't work on you, try the edt!!! I think the edt version is probably my most complimented on perfume!

bubububzy
bubububzy

First ever powdery-balmy perfume that I am absolutely in love with. It starts off with a beautiful note and builds itself to a more luscious and alluring perfume. I think this can be worn during those cold winter days or nights.

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

First of all, I was so excited about finally finding the EDP, I couldn't wait!
I love this perfume, I find it very 80's. I expected to get this huge violet cloud, but could only detect it very briefly. It is very beautiful and long lasting, very powdery and sensual. It reminds me of Rafinee by Houbigant that I wore in the 80's. This is much more luxurious. Very high class, gorgeous purple perfume.

update...After wearing this over time I am getting the powdery violets out of this...I'm on violet cloud number nine! Wow!

yacoco
yacoco

headaches its to powdery

Shwets
Shwets

After smelling over a hundred perfumes Insolence edp is one of my HG fragrances. This does not give me headaches and other sinus related allergies. I have been loyal to this perfume for four months now which is a rarity.

I always loved that chalky violet candy scent (swizzlers parma violet candies) and this is how the edp smells on my clothes but on my skin there is a hint of berries.

Unfortunately i do not get a monsterous sillage as many describe. On me it is soft and close to the skin regardless of the amount of sprays! Yes, one spray is just not enough!

On the other hand, the edt is a monster on me but the initial hair spray note spoils it. In the dry down this is beautiful still sweet and violetty but not as intense as the edp.

Please could someone share their thoughts on the parfum and the body lotion.

Update (29/05/12): I have been very fortunate by wonderful perfume friends to sample both the lotion and parfum.

The lotion is light and close to the edt, lasts quite well for a lotion about three hours or longer with body heat. The parfum is similar to the eau de parfum (edp) and lacks the candy powderiness of the edp. It wears close to the skin, on me sillage is very low but on clothes it lasts for days.

mylancome
mylancome

Sweet violet perfume with a monster silage. I had it spray test on my inner elbow, swinging my shopping bag in the mall walking up and down and queue up at the customer service counter waiting redeem discount vouchers, I can smell Insolence flying pass through my nose, for whole day.

Doesn't smell berries, I smells sweet creamy floral, strong oriental floral type.

daniela3
daniela3

I think that l'Insolence is the best perfume that Guerlain has created after "Samsara". I was quite sure that after the sold of the Maison to the new owners, all that would be creating, could be no more masterpieces (the list here could be very long!) but just ordinary fragrances carrying only a prestigious name and sold at high price in the name of the "god-money". For me, the releasing of l'Insolence was like the return to the opulence of the past of this well-known Maison, when the market was split in two main streams: expensive great brands on one side and not so great ones but quite affordable in change!, on the other side, before a third possibility - the so called "niche" perfumery made its appearance, changing some rules and 'stealing' some customers!. L'Insolence shines with its very beautiful bouquet, interesting accord fruity-flowery not banal at all, while carrying an intense luminous violet. Super sillage and long lasting also. Not particularly keen on the classical 3-phases (the evolution seems to be missing in this case) but after all, I believe that real creativity can put also the rules upside-down or skip them. Before this version - just a couple of years before - it was also released another one (a sort of Ur-Insolence) that was modified (look at Turin's "Guide") till obtaining the present one. I'm not so sure that that previous version needed to be put apart.... Any way I love this new version all the same and I made it love also to some relatives and friends - so that it's become their signature's frag (achhh!!) that's why I don't wear it very often!

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

Insolence is one heady and brassy fragrance and screams to me 80s power perfume! At first Insolence starts with loud berry and fruit notes. Then after about 10 minutes the violet and iris overpower the fruit notes. At 15 minutes the tonka bean and horribly done orange blossom takes over and nearly gags me. From there it just grows stronger and stronger. I finally had to scrub it off. I sure wouldn't describe this as sexy or sophisticated- at least with my chemistry. This one doesn't work on me.

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

I respect the lovers of this perfume and I like smelling it on women .. but to my taste this is not my cup of tea .. because on my skin it smells in some way soapy ? violet soap ?
well I loved the idea of the large bouquet of violet ,, I believe this is a master piece for whose chemistry agrees with & I will try it's other versions to check if I will find what fits my chemistry or even re-try it, because it deserves to give it more than one try ..

For some reason the drydown reminds me of lolita lampicka, I see both have (Iris + violet + Tonka Bean) in common :)

maissaa.zahran
maissaa.zahran

I got this yesterday. A blind purchase. Opened it to try, and shock. I don't hate it but I am not in love yet that is. I have not used it on myself yet just sprayed it on a tissue. I'll be back for more when I have tried it.

This is the update.
OK today I found myself missing this perfume. I have used it a few times already. First reaction was is it good or repulsive, then started liking it, then loving it. I used it for a few days in a row and then took a break and then used it again. Same reaction the second time. Now after a few weeks interruption I find myself missing it.
So yeah I like it, but it is kind of an acquired taste. And it is unique.
Though it is true what someone mentioned on this site, children hate it, every time my 6 years old smells it she says: uhh what is this horrible smell. But well I like it so ...

tosu
tosu

Just love Insolence EDP ,usually i think violett perfumes are weak and you dont get
enough of the violett scent (which probobly is the note you want when you are buying a violett perfume) but this one is just screaming violett all the way, not in a bad way att all its just a delicous warm violett that surrounds you.
Love it!

alyaa
alyaa

This is my third bottle of insolence. Started off with a 30ml bottle because of the love/hate reviews. This is a almost a violet soliflore if it werent for the berries. Its quite understandable that some people cant stand it because it is very loud and no matter how little you put on, it is still very loud. I wear it when I am wearing purple or a pretty floral dress/top. I get loads of compliments with this and just love the violet at the beginning as much as the beautiful dry down. Amazing stuff

Beautiful_Scent
Beautiful_Scent

Totally in love with Insolence EDP. I wore it at work the other day and it was not overpowering at all.
Maybe some people think this because of the very unique notes...because you don't get to smell violets often.
Just wear it girls, don't be shy what other people may think!
Because you will smile and the world will smile with you!xx

movs
movs

The shy and innocent violet has gone bold and sexy in this perfume.
When I think of the small violet flower, I gather that there must be an almost ”obscene amount” of violets in this fragrance.

Violet is what this juice is all about, so if you don’t like violets don’t waste neither time nor money on this perfume. There are other notes in this scent, but I must say that I don’t clearly detect them. There are red berries but I don’t really smell them. It’s like they are just there to provide fruity sweetness so the flowers balances between fresh natural violets and candied violets. Iris and sandalwood are also very subtle and makes the perfume just a little powdery in the dry down. Both longevity and sillage are excellent.

Though Insolence is an almost syrup sweet scent, I find it somehow dark, almost gothic and a bit intrusive as well, so in my opinion it's the ideal choice for night clubbing and rock concerts.

I think Insolence have the potential to become a new classic.

In 3 words: VIOLET - DARK - SWEET

venclips
venclips

When the first time i open the perfume cap, i smelled a strong violet, bold, a little bit sweet from red berries and powdery. After i sprayed it on my wrist, it became more soft, all is violet!! I Sprayed it on night time then on the next day, i still smell of the scent. On base notes i could smell woody notes. Longevity of this perfume is great, lasting a whole day!! Great for an EDP, worth to buy. I prefer the EDP than EDT.

artsymom
artsymom

I didn't like this one. It reminds me of Apres L'Ondee which also doesn't agree with me. To my nose, it is sickly sweet with nothing to balance it. Also, there is that annoying note that smells like fake grape syrup that is just a stomach turner. I wondered if it might have ylang-ylang which I don't think I like, but it is not listed. Still fun to try, even though I had to scrub it off.

yesim
yesim

when ı wore ınsolance every people ask my parfume.ı love love very much....really succesfull,atractıve,elegant.ı work all nıght and when ı go home ı can smell my self lıke vıolet and ı lıke stayıng power.

vanillablossom
vanillablossom

"children recoil when smelling this" - this made me laugh because its totally believable!

When I was browsing in a duty free airport shop and a sales lady approached me with Guerlain Insolent I felt as if she was assaulting me! I remember being shocked she didnt seem to realise the scent she was trying to put on me was so offensive!

All this said, a friend wore it a while ago and although I didnt love the smell it was ok, I didnt mind it... strange!

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A pungent perfume which stands out and projects very well..

0-5 Mins- This is a big scent which although I did not like, you can tell that it has been well made. As a man this is not sexy whatsover, however I can empathise that a women would be made to feel sexy by wearing this. Big projection

5 mins - 5 Hours. 2-3 foot projection, very, very good there. However scent for me is foul. Children re-coil when smelling this, in disgust and fear. It is over bearing and sickly. Ages 35-55. I can see however that is well made and if you like the scent, then this will become a classic favourite, it is just not to my personal taste. It is like a mature scent trying to become more modern, but it ends up like mutton in lambs clothing. It should instead remain true to its mature spirit.

5 hours - 8 hours- Close to skin but intense on skin

Viloet is both the best and worst of smells. Too much and it is repulsive, like this scent, when done subtle then it is breathtaking.

Not for my personal taste but very well made

jtd
jtd

Insolence varies from EDT to EDP concentrations. There are olfactory similarities but where they differ is how they relate to their Guerlain ancestors. I’ve read that Insolence is Maurice Roucel’s paean to Après l’Ondée (1906--a perfume I’ve never smelled) but I take Luca Turin’s point that Insolence EDT lobs a number of l’Heure Bleue’s (1912) accords at you at various times in the fragrance's evolution. It’s as if l’Heure Bleue is being quoted or at least closely paraphrased. Overall, Insolence EDT is an accomplished, well-designed perfume with surface similarities to l’Heure Bleue. And contrary to the naysayers, I love the opening notes of Insolence EDT. They’re like a warning.

Insolence EDP is substantively different from the EDT and its ties to l’Heure Bleue are more fundamental. I see Insolence EDP as l’Heure Bleue reincarnated in the 21st century. I’ve seen l’Heure Bleue called melancholic and I get it. I love l’Heure Bleue. It’s probably my favorite of the classic Guerlains, besting Jicky, Vol de Nuit and even Mitsouko. Though I wear it often, it best suits my darker hours. I can’t describe how L’Heure Bleue embodies a state of melancholy. Maybe it’s my Irish heritage showing through and I simply tune into it. It’s a great term, melancholy: ‘black bile’ and all, but a bit anachronistic.

Where l’Heure Bleue is from the time of Freud, Insolence EDP was born into the era of neurotransmitter insufficiencies and psychopharmacology. EDP is l’Heure Bleue with the benefit of an SSRI and an atypical antidepressant on board. A bit less romantic, I’ll admit, but here we are.

The EDP seems a more studied reflection on l’Heure Bleue that the EDT is. Seen as family, the EDT might have her ancestor's eyes, but EDP and l’Heure Bleue are like twins born into different eras. Insolence EDP and l’Heure Bleue both are reflections on orange blossom and violet and both play with olfactory chiaroscuro. Each underpins the florals with a vanillic amber, but where l’Heure Bleue uses a clovelike carnation to pull things toward despondency, Insolence EDP uses a raspberry/tonka combination that gives it a warm, easy laugh.

Chantal
Chantal

Review for Eau De Parfum

Surprisingly well-balanced.

Starts out clean, misty-steamy, like the steam from a cup of herbal tea, and maybe a hint of red currant. Florals come out full force, and they are decidedly sweet, but not sickly-sweet. Like honey, not like candy. The beginning of this scent is strong, but not sharp, deep but not syrupy. It’s like sitting in a field of wildflowers while a thunderstorm is brewing – there’s that humid feel, and there’s a stillness in the air, and the sweet scent of some kind of sweet flower that grows in abundance and spreads everywhere over the years.
This is a darker floral. It’s not something you spray on as a casual floral that smells so typical that no one thinks twice about it when they smell it; it isn’t that dismissible. I would say that it is more floral than fruity, but the fruity notes do support the floral notes, providing sweetness, depth, and shadow. It’s like a portrait in pencil – when you’re brave enough to really go darker, to commit and to increase the pressure of the stroke to create more darkness in places, you achieve depth, a touch of reality and presence. This is how I would describe this floral. It has presence, depth, personality. It is rich, creamy, sweet, dark... definitely purple oddly enough. It really is a violet floral. Insolence has carved out its own place in the floral family, it has carve it out for itself with a knife, with heartfelt strokes.

Insolence EDP is certainly sexy, definitely cool and bold. It has a spark of personality; a little carefree, a little dark, a bit chill, a bit pensive.

Note: There is a note in here that is like CREED's Love In White. I don't love all of Love In White, but there is that shower-fresh orange/vanilla note that is exactly the same in Insolence edp,but it's even better with the violet! I checked the notes listing, and it makes sense, there is orange flower. This is beautiful.

originalparafan
originalparafan

Violets have always been my favorite flower so i've been going crazy trying to find my perfect violet scent. I've found it in Insolence EDP. This is SO beautiful. It's a warm sweet violet but not TOO sweet. There's only a touch of violet's powdery side but it never gets to be too much. I LOVE IT. I don't like violet scents to be too green because i don't like fresh perfumes, but if all the wet/green aspects are taken away from the violet i think it smells fake and doesn't capture true violets. With this, there is a very tiny touch of the beautiful green side of violets. It's the perfect balance. It's the perfect violet with warm sweet vanilla/sandalwood. It honestly reminds me of one of my favorites Dolce & Gabbana The One, but a violet version of it. It can't get any more perfect for me. If you don't like sweet though, you won't like this. Sweet, warm violet that's a touch powdery, a touch green, and very sophisticated. It's got this very sophisticated aura about it. New favorite.

aelias
aelias

A must-have if you are into violets. Classy all the way, it is not overbearing or too sweet - it just has that quality that makes you want to keep smelling your wrist.

aveda
aveda

I had this a long time ago, but my memory of it is still very vivid. A very nice feminine scent, it stands out alone. I can't quite think of another fragrance that is similar. It is not an overpowering scent, sillage is close, and the lasting power is great.

napiergirl
napiergirl

Bought blind and although i'm not into it ( turns out violets not my favourite flower ) you can tell its a beautiful blend ... not my thing but if you like violets this would be DEVINE!!!!!

Scarlette
Scarlette

I am in LOVE with this scent!!

So lush and thick and long lasting! Rich ripe grapes, violets, patchouli, sweet & fruity, without being childish at all! Very bold. For any occasion on the right person.....more of a personality than a perfume, so is bested suited for someone a little larger than life!

I am always running out of this one!

***Eau de Parfum is an ENTIRELY different perfume than any of the other Insolence perfumes...is NOT just the strongest version. ***

RosaMilena

Am I the only one that is having reviews truncated? Very odd. Anyhow here is the rest of the review that was cut off below.

..... It’s remarkable really. On my skin, this is a lushly shadowed grove of violets standing proudly in the damp evening earth, their petals dripping with the crystalline drops of a recent refreshing rain, amplifying the flowers’ scent in the early evening, wafting purple enchantment through the mossy ancient forest …..little animals and mysterious night creatures are starting to stir in the lingering mist. Dreamy, mesmerizing, takes me to another world. I just love this one. Standing ovation for Guerlain here. This IS a masterpiece.

melbritt24
melbritt24

Smells like fabric softener -- I like it for some reason and think that it would smell nice anytime of year!

RosaMilena

The nuclear bomb of violets has been dropped to earth and detonated. This unapologetically magnificent Queen-B of violets has swept in and decimated everything in her wake. The fantastic sillage leaves all the Poisons, Aliens, Opiums, Angels, and even Giorgio in the dust. The usual shy, shrinking violet has shown her true colors. And that color is a blinding neon-amethyst-supernova-implosion-plasma-PURPLE! Hurrah!!! The spiral construction of this scent really is amazing. This intriguing mix of fruits, florals, spices, and woods weaves in on itself over and over again so that the whole composition shines forth splendidly for the entire duration of its endless longevity. The top and middle notes maintain their fearless purple power even as the whole distinctly Guerlain base fully unfolds, resulting in a fascinatingly complex scent that is at once bewitchingly heady yet intriguingly deep. Tonka bean imparts just a tad more spicy complexity to the base and a less cloying sweetness than simple vanilla. Earthy iris and elegant sandalwood anchor the base with a regal depth. I happen to adore violets, berries, iris, rose, orange blossom, and sandalwood. I cannot rejoice enough that there has finally been created a fresh, opulent, powerhouse woody-violet floral scent that is of low sweetness, but luxuriantly rich and complex, yet still with no need for animalics, patchouli, citrics, or vanilla. It

Valentino
Valentino

Wow...I really don't get the reviews which say this Insolence Edp is deep, dark, strong or heavy. In my opinion the balance is towards lighter, girlish fruity floral. I wonder if people are referring to its projection, which is of course monster, across the room stuff. Actually, it cuts a swathe with its unique and exhilarating accord of red berries, violets and iris. How they did this without making it a heavyweight is a wonder to me!

There is enough freshness in here for daywear, yes; even in the summer. I'm a guy, so if I can get away with this on a summer's day, then anyone can! A very uplifting, joyful fragrance.

If there is a fault with it, then it's a slightly cheap shampoo/hair product note which I think must be the iris. It's ok for me, although it is not anything I've ever come across in a Guerlain before. It has caused some people to denigrate Insolence, but they are missing the point. I think it's a beautiful and misunderstood modern classic!

eclecticgal1
eclecticgal1

This EDP has been become one of my favorite scents in a short time. Good silage and longevity on my dry skin. The violet and also the iris predominate and the fragrance is steady and lovely....as opposed to some scents that start off like gangbusters and then drift into a faint echo and then nothing.

It is a perfect strength - about the same as Coco EDP I think. Another one that has great staying, steady power.

orchid_84
orchid_84

Violets and my skin just don't seem to get along that often, and this is one of the perfumes that helped me to figure that out when I first began testing fragrances. To me, the scent is a nauseatingly sweet, plastic-floral aroma. Very synthetic. There aren't many fragrances I dislike strongly enough to say they make me want to gag, but this is one of those few.

On me, this perfume is as far away from sexy as it could possibly be - it comes off as rancid baby powder. Bottom line, you have to be a violet-lover to enjoy this one. The bottle is gorgeous, and I wish I could say I loved the scent as well.

eilismaireg

If this were a person, it would have to be the late Divine!! This charges out of the bottle with a 'Ta Daaa!!' and has no intention of grace or discretion. I really enjoyed wearing its grape soda fizzy scent, which manages fun and sexiness rolled into one. It reminds me of Gucci's great Rush in its sentiment. Loud, proud and unmissable. I would love to wear it, but one of my friends does. And if one person wears this, everyone knows about it, believe me! Sillage and longevity are very good value for money!

Insolent
Insolent

I'm not really a fan of strong perfume and hate Theierry Mugler's Angel more than anything I think but Insolence EDP is exciting and gorgeous. Bored of rose based, citrus and fresh scents, and being a kind of insolent person, I tested this in the department store purely because of the name and was amazed to find that I loved it. This is the best violet scented perfume I've managed to find and I wear it with my Karen Millen exotic floral print dress at formal events in the day as I kind of imagine that's how the flowers in the dress would smell but for everything else I save it for evening wear. It's just a shame my boyfriend doesn't like it or I'd wear it more often.

Nora419
Nora419

This is the worst perfume i've ever smelled, literally it makes me sick to my stomach. I didn't know there were two perfumes out there ''My insolence" and ''insolence'' .. I got ''My insolence'' which smells heavenly as a gift ..so when the bottle finished i went and got another one thinking it was what i had in mind but i ended up buying the one that smothered me...so so awful.

onebadbaby

The single most incredible thing about this perfume is it's lasting power and the fact that it doesn't change at all in the dry down- in fact I don't think there is one- it goes on and on and on virtually unchanged- am on 7 hours and counting right now... and still all I get is violets.

onebadbaby

I disagree that this perfume smells dark, that is only in comparison to the original.

Although stronger and headier than the edt, it is still a richly, violet heavy scent, suitable for day time, but only for those that want to be noticed. Can't imagine wearing this in the evening except for a warm summer night maybe?

It could smell cheap if you didn't know it was Geurlain!

It's not really sweet by today's standards, more heavily floral, and I have to say I can't really detect the fruits in this.

All I think of is Swizzles Parma Violets. Delicious.

Norgirl

i will like to add this notes so it is easyer to see what this is like:

This fragrance reveals 3 facets of insolent femininity
Reflects a care-free spirit, a fearless smile, a casual grace

-Top notes of glints of red berries: brilliant & sparkling

-Middle notes of sparkling violets: extravert & daring

-Base notes of rays of iris: radiant & sensual

Guerlain's Insolence EDP is surprisingly delicious. I expected something sickly sweet, and while this fragrance is sweet, there's no denying it, the darkness that surrounds the candied notes makes it more enticing than headache inducing.

The original EDT version of Insolence was too sweet for me, with a fairy-floss note that didn't agree with my chemistry. This fragrance is so much more complex. Twice as strong and shall I say, a little gothic. The violets are outrageously loud and sexy, complimented by what appears to be blackcurrant and patchouli.

Insolence EDP is a heavy hitter that should be used with caution. It's a fragrance that borders between being cheap and nasty, and irresistibly sexy. I find this fragrance simply intoxicating.

Despite the fact that wearing Insolence EDP gives me the guilty pleasure of smelling like a stripper for the day, I'd be daring enough to wear this fragrance to a formal event just for kicks. I'm so used to smelling fresh violet scents, that you have no idea how much this richer, more jam-like violet has changed me.

All that tartness, syrup and depth is divine. This fragrance reminds me of Stephen Jones EDT, as commissioned by Comme Des Garcons, which is described as violets that have been hit by meteorites. Indeed there is something less than earthly about Insolence EDP too.

Norgirl

tryed this today . and still sniffing the great violets and iris.
this is realy strong and sexy. a comfidant and bold perfume . I feel like a Lady in this one .
not unlike the eau glacee. but les icy. i realy love this fresh and sexy perfume a lot

Anisa

This is a great perfume! it has lasting power, it smells unique, it has vanilla and all men like it, i get complimented alot by guys.

AnaCezar
AnaCezar

The dark purple bottle perfectly describes this perfume: It´s a powerful violet scent. Truly floral. I can feel rose and citrus on it, but violets cleary dominate.
Insolence is very strong indeed. It may become quickly sickening if you spray it more than once. In fact, you´d better spray it over your fingers and then slightly touch yourself where you´d usually spray your other perfumes. That would be enough, really, and don´t forget to wash your hands.
If used with caution, it is a marvelous fragrance. Perfect for evening parties. You will be noticed wearing it. The sillage is fantastic.

Natalie467
Natalie467

Beautiful! Wasn't impressed at first, but after wearing a couple of times I've fallen deep in love with Insolence. VERY feminine, powdery and soft but strong. Like a misty, dewy, foggy forest full of violets. I sense woods, maybe sandalwood, in the dry down. No way would I call this a floral fruity, more like a floral woody musk, nice and deep. A little sweet, but there's enough of the violets and woods to balance it out.

Very pleased with sillage and longevity-although I've had to spray on a lot due to a defective spray on the tester vial. Would I buy a bottle of this? I have a few tester sprays, maybe when they run out and I find myself craving Insolence, I probably will.

adele l
adele l

Sweet violets with real gravity...very smooth, some patchouli tames it slightly. The iris is pretty subtle here. Insolence edp wears close to the skin while maintaining its strength..dark and sexy for sure!

Rouu
Rouu

50 ml bottle , without the box , almost full 40-45ml ..!

unfortunately i HATE this fragrance to the maximum .. regardless um gonna miss the unbelievable bottle , if any body is interested

update :- GONE !

Ohkit
Ohkit

This fragrance is very seductive. I wear it everytime I want attention, love, passion. So sultry and dangerous (in a sexy way), it's unbelievable. Yet I don't think it would suit a very young woman

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

To me it is a floral musk fragrance. Violet and musk are most noticeable, I can detect hardly any fruity notes.
It is really sensual and powerful. For some reason the dry down reminds me of freshly laundered linen hung on a washing line on a gorgeous sunny day. As trivial as it sounds, don't we all like the smell of freshness????? Insolence EDP starts with violet and becomes more and more fresh developing that tempting pure musky note at the end. I adore it. I was a bit confused when i read reviews stating that it is sweet and fruity. To me it is neither.
Just pure violet with a hint of musk and cleanliness locked in a unique bottle :-)
Brilliant!

Angel10
Angel10

I love this stuff! As soon as I smelled it, I said "Give me the biggest one you have!" And I am a picky one. I love that it smells a bit like raspberry jam....layered with an incensey-grapey-patchouli that is just intoxicating. So lush & thick & rich & totally full of itself, like me!! I cannot love a perfume unless it lasts a very long time, and this one does! LT gives this one 5* for good reason. I certainly don't always agree with those "two", but this time they got it right!
****Be sure to get the EDP!****
Any other Insolence is an entirely different scent altogether, NOT just a lighter version!

Zaleska
Zaleska

All the violets I was expecting in Insolence EDT I can find in Insolence EDP!
I love my EDT (it's one of my signatures) but this EDP is really astounding!

Close to skin. Sweet (slightly sugary, for my nose) powdery violets, and a hint of citrus.

I didn't wear it outside my house yet, so I don't know if I'm gonna "bother" my coworkers or not! LOL I'll let you know ;)

My boyfriend is gonna like it, for sure! He is fond of strong and remarkable scents.

I love violets. Their smell make me feel comfortable and serene.

samsara1977
samsara1977

I've had a friend wearing the eau de toilette version of Insolence and like it a lot. On her... .
I was so much in love with this that I even bought the eau de parfum version to be sure that it would smell long and intense enough. I still like it but it's just too sweet for me.

Wearing it makes you want to get rid of it after a couple of hours, it's just too much violet and for a long time.
It's not a sexy or seductive scent, I think it's too overpowering for that.

And I do think wearing this might insult certain people who like to breath in a room.Good be good to go out in a club where this will stand out between light and flowery fragrances, you will definetly leave a trail.

I will use it to walk outside in winter, not indoors or for work.

hollycat
hollycat

This starts out promising enough. Lush, purple violets in full bloom.
An hour later I get rasberry jam,
and hour after that I get rasberry sugar, an hour after that I get nothing.

I tried the EDT version and that doesnt work on my skin either. It fades out.

It seems fruity florals dont work on my skin. I need good basenotes to keep the scent rooted.

So I learned something about myself.)

sweetlola
sweetlola

smell sweet and soft and stay with my skin more hours.I like it.

mymlan
mymlan

Insolence edp is a really really dark fragrance built around mutant violets on stereoids. More floral than fruity floral IMHO. On my skin it is a sweet and strong night perfume that makes people notice. Especially men find it very magnetizing.

It smells close to violet candy but not that edible. Instead it has a sexy, sultry and overpowering aroma, very potent and made for a woman who knows her motives.

I feel adorable wearing it and it reminds me of Galliano in the sense that it is a very strong and sexy scent but also a bit too playful to be serious about that. And that's why I love it so much.

Insolence edp is one of the greatest scents made in modern time and is very far from it's pale and impersonal fruity floral cousins.

cherubkiss
cherubkiss

I don't find this strong at all but I do spray lightly. This perfume is very beautiful. Violets, woodland berries intermingle with a citrus aroma. I find it stays close to skin but you always know it is there. In my opinion it is a beautiful and unique perfume.

vuelo
vuelo

Way too strong, too dry, too... insolent. :) I can't see how this could ever be a "safe" choice. It's the most unsafe of them all. I find it totally unbearable and unwearable.

good ole' angel,fracas , alien and poison are water guns compared to this AK47.

Update: changed my mind about it. I tested it 2 more times. Noticed that:
-must spray even lighter than one spray. Spray one time in the air and than pass thru it. That will do enough and perfect. I can't imagine why others say it's not that heavy. It has a huuuuge sillage and it lasts literally till you wash it off. Spray VERY light or you'll suffocate all those around and ruin the whole effect the perfume is supose to have.
-it does way better in hot weather
-I apreciate the fact that although it's dry and it features violets, it doesn't get sweet in any way, not even in the drydown. It has a "tea-ish" dry edge instead. Very good. It's dark and full of violets and sultry, and when I wear it, it gives me the sensation that I'm rich and I drive a RollsRoyce with black interior. Funny, huh? It's funnier that I'm starting to become a fan of this perfume after disliking it so much at first.

CherryBlossom
CherryBlossom

Too strong for me, violets are very dominat here, thouhg... But When a tried the edt version, I felt in love whit this one...
Actually This smells beautiful, youngle and sexy in my skin, so I bought it yesterday... Now is one of my favourites =D...
So, If You can't stand this one... Try the edt version ;)

guest_Anne
guest_Anne

A beautiful fragrance. Pure class and totally french. It stays close to the skin and smells of freshly picked violets, that have been crushed with juicy berries. Only to be worn on special ocassions, when you want to feel special and different. Love it.

lialu
lialu

This is a glorious scent, if not for everybody. The violet pushes through at all times. I adore it! Longevity and sillage excellent. :-)I really like that trail of sweet violets I leave behind med. :-)

Only drawback; hate the bottle.

Manya
Manya

This is exactly how Belgian "violettes" caramels smell! Anyone who has ever tasted these violet flower-shaped drops won't be able to hear anything else but candy in this fragrance!

It is very sweet, but not in an unpleasant way. Stays close to the skin, longlasting (except for the violet notes which evaporate after a mere hour and a half).

It seems very innocent to me (maybe because of the candy association), and I don't see anything "insolent" in this fragrance at all.

Sweet, quiet, fruity, safe - a nice everyday scent.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

I think it was Insolence that helped me to realize how much I dislike violets-it's not a bad smell if you like sweet violets-could be a little syrupy-but intolerable on my skin (even sweeter)-so very very sweet! It's a violetini- just needs a lemon twist.....

sanziana29
sanziana29

I bought the second bottle (first from Romania, the second from France, from Guerlain department on Champs Elysees)- I was happy with this perfume(I have the EDP)- but it not that potent as others say. The silage is not so good. The perfume itself deserves all money, cos it is a very well done, but you must put it again and again.Even with this inconvenience I still love it, but I dont know if I will buy it in future (is costs 55 Euros- 30ml EDP)

karlee79
karlee79

berries, violets, and Iris

bamboowu
bamboowu

Insolence Eau de Parfum is just beautiful...I smell a very beautiful strong violet, but also something I can only describe as as a raspberry jam type scent. This gives it a little bit of a tangy/tart feel for me. I just love that! There is also this sweetness that really appeals to me, and not a artificial sweet, but juicy fruity type sweetness, almost mouth watering... it's really yummy! I also detect a lovely vanillla, wood notes, and a musk.

I am really enjoying this, the sillage is just fantastic with only one spray, and so far it has been several hours and it is as just as strong as in the beginning.

Fresh, and fun...a wonderful perfume if you enjoy fruity/florals. Suitable for all ages in my opinion. Very strong, a little goes a long way. I am most happy with my purchase.

I LOVE IT!

Dark Curls

I can't seem to stop smelling my hand. Wow I must get a full bottle soon!

Dark Curls

Violets violets violets violets! This is violet heaven. I am a violet lover and I like this!

zvoncica
zvoncica

Insolence is mighty perfume, among the strongest florals I came across. Modern vision of Guerlain perfumery, still as all his works this also separates the audience into love or hate attitude. Main note in Insolence EDP are woody wild flowers. Purple like grapes. Sweet and a bit synthetic.

Despite the opulence and persistence of scent I picture fragile blond lady wearing this. Living in France village, driving in horse carriage, wearing sun umbrella and hair ribbon. Buying in local market and shocking housewives from her street with wild, insolent violets lingering on her wrist. Insolence is how Emma Bovary smells. Entitled to seek the pleasure, self absorbed and reckless.

Test before buy!

guest_niko
guest_niko

it's more like wild sweet violets from the forrest.

very concentrated, of course...just one spray will do the job for an entire day.

guest_gidd
guest_gidd

Insolence EdP (Guerlain) ★★★★★
Godzilla floral $$$
In their haste to copy Angel, most perfume houses lost track of the fact that what made it great was
not just the smell, that weird combination of patchouli, candyfloss and blackcurrant,but the
effect, the taraaa!!!moment, the euphoric surprise that a perfume could be so outrageous and still
win. The first Insolence came close, except that the shock was spoiled by a violets hairspray top note that made it stumble as it cartwheeled onto the stage. When Guerlain PR offered to send me
the new Insolence EdP, I inquired whether the formula was different.The young lady on the
phone said yes with a knowing chuckle. And by golly, it really is different. Guerlain has finally
decided that this thing should not even try to be classy and has embraced it as the most deliciously
vulgar perfume on the market today. Maurice Roucel’s serious compositions are always complex,
but there is so much going on here that it feels like a seventies action movie poster, with a helicopter
hovering over a burning building at right, two cars jumping off a pier towards the viewer in the
middle, a girl in a white dress being lifted out of a swamp in a guy’s arms at left, and an erupting
volcano in the background. The accord is tuberose, red fruit, orange blossom and a green-peppery
Poême-type note that fits perfectly in this context. All four are heavy hitters, and the combination is
simply huge. There is something reckless, irreversible, cataclysmic about pressing the spray button of Insolence EdP, even when it is pointed well away from you. I put some on a smelling strip, left
it on the table and walked out for lunch. The perfume ran after me: enough had strayed onto
the back on my hand to create a cloud of pink-neon trashiness that made me feel I was being driven to the local cafe in a stretch limo. When I came back the strip greeted me heartily across the
room. I know I will regret saying this (especially sitting next to it at dinners and concerts), but this
Insolence is a masterpiece. LT

(luca turin's review from "the guide")

danimcneil
danimcneil

I was looking at the Guerlain site, and there is a concentration stronger than the EDP. Its the Parfum. But it didnt list a price. Has anyone used or seen it... or better yet, sniffed it?

viveka
viveka

Insolence EdP is much better than EdT and not even comparisable with totally dissapointed My Insolence.
So. First of all i love violets in fragrances so i found perfume which contain it, i searched a long time when finally i decided that Insolence EdP is THAT ONE.
It's violety, powdery, irisy - yummy. More darker and fascinating than EdT, it brings dream about fairytales, magical meadows and april-full-moon nights.

I'm not big enthousiast about that kind of bottle, hm. I'll see it in something more stylish like L'Heure Bleue bottle for example.

deeper_shallow
deeper_shallow

This one goes straight to the top of my must-have-list! Tried it on yesterday, and it was like being smacked over the head with a 30 lbs massive mutant violet on steroids ...which, in my opinion, is a thoroughly divine experience.
Even though it smells slightly similar to violet pastils (Swedish people, you know which ones I mean) with black licorice undertones, it wasn't too sweet or candyish, but very dark and mysterious. On me, there was only the tiniest hint of vanilla; in all, a lot more flowery than powdery.

falovalo
falovalo

This somehow reminds me of grapes. It is a very "purple" scent. It smells of dusting powder and maybe vanilla. I think its light enough to be a summer fragrance if used with a light hand. All I have at the moment is a sample, I must get a big bottle!

rebella
rebella

This is such a beautiful and happy fragrance. For some strange reason it makes me think of tea flowers, you know the kind you put in your tea cup thats unfolds and looks really pretty. Well, this perfume dosn´t at all smell like tea... but it is like having striking flowers on my body, beautiful flowers that develops and changes trough time.

It is strong, magic and the flowers make it almost surreal. Some fruity/berry sweetness make it youthful, but more in a joyful than an undevelpoed way. I think it could be weared beautifully of women in all ages.

Powerful, amazing, make my heart smile... and make me want a big bottle of it ASAP!

Maurice Roucel one of my favourite perfumers are involved in this, and of course I noticed that.

Surely you must try it.

enigmatict
enigmatict

This is a nice fragrance. Like a stronger version of Aprés L'ondée, but more fun.

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Amazing, beautiful scent. It have delicacy of violets and power, for example Angel of Mugler. But it not all contrast :it's cool and warm, sweet and seasoned, innocent and insolent, arrogant and nice, direct and magic, waterly and powdery, welwety and dry, classic and very modern. Men are charmed Insolence Eau de Parfum, because Ins.edp is evidently feminine. Aha, this smell is very, very strong like perfume and so as perfume , it is necessary to use. Bead few ...and encloses us wonderful violet cluod.
I love it!

Trvevil
Trvevil

This should be worn at fall/winter only (in my opinion).
Perfume is flowery and sweet (no, not candy sweet)
It is loud and intoxicating. Insolent if used much. It's overwhelming. It is so strong even for me. It might induce migraine to some people. Also something reminds me in it of detergent. (Like Poison did)
I like it, so maybe somedays I'll get me a 30 ml as it will be enough, I'm going to use it with light hand.
The bottle color and design is absolutely stunning.
***
Staying power for 'floral fruity' is amazing. I washed my sleeve, but enjoyed the fragrance on my hand today all day long. I'm starting to love it seriously, must have it for next 'cold' season.

Migotka

To Dani-G- I would certainly not recommend it. It s way too strong, and many people might find it nauseating.

Id rather go with Chloe Chloe:) or something along this line.

Dani-G
Dani-G

Do you find it "officeable" for winter?
I like it very much, but I am not sure, if it fits to te office?

Migotka

I tried it today. The first impression was "Wow, what is it?". I thought it was great. Then I was walking around the store with my wrists sprinked with it, then went home, the scent following me all the way. I can still feel it even now. However, I regret to say, it is way to strong. I like strong perfumes and appreciate long staying power, but this one is just... well, insolent. It's everywhere. Constantly, not giving a break. Very tiring.

amanda
amanda

i just cant stand this scent, i know its very interesting and different, but its too strong, and the edt is very strong too, and its annoying for me, but it may suit others

Moszatka
Moszatka

It's fantastic! Very similar to EDT, but it is more powderly at first and long lasting. I love it! Beautiful fragrance!

F_A
F_A

It's almost a twin sister to Guerlain's Meteorites. Insolence is much more complex though. It has the deep and mysterious scent of powdery flowers mixed with sweet black licorice.
It is one of my all time favourites. Love it!

The staying power and the trail it leaves is simply great. A must try!

Insolence Eau de Parfum by Guerlain 4.13 out of 5 based on 843 ratings and 154 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Insolence Eau de Parfum fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Insolence Eau de Parfum, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Insolence Eau de Parfum by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Insolence Eau de Parfum by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.