Designers » F-H » Oriental Woody « Groups

Iris Ganache Guerlain for women

Iris Ganache Guerlain for women
dislike

Iris Ganache Guerlain for women Pictures Iris Ganache Guerlain for women Pictures

Iris Ganache is an oriental woody fragrance for women, launched in 2007 and created by Thierry Wasser. The opening is comfortable with cinnamon and bergamot. Iris, white chocolate, patchouli and cedar form the heart, while the base consists of musk, vanilla, amber and powdery notes. The fragrance is available as 75 ml EDP. It belongs to the L'Art et la Matiere collection, which also contains Bois d'Arménie, Cruel Gardenia, and Cuir Beluga, Angelique Noire.

Cinnamon Bergamot White Chocolate

iris Patchouli Cedar

Amber Vanilla White Musk

Ombre Mercure

Iris Ganache Fragrance Reviews

A very soft, elegant and beautiful fragrance.
I've often thought how violets and iris are both powdery and similar but definitely distinguishable from one another.
Iris ganache is where the line becomes blurred. The smell to me transforms from a characteristic iris (make up/pencil shavings) into a very powdery and delicate violet. This is only very subtle mind you it's not positively violet, more like an after thought.
Anywway... The opening of Iris ganache is a rich creamy affair much like others in this collection expensive feminine vibes of iris/violet, chocolate, patchouli, vanilla and amber.
The drydown becomes more amber and vanilla business it's a lovely thing.

Lasts okay but is very mellow after the opening which is fine with me. It's not unwearable for a man but not exactly my first choice. IG is the last one I tried in the collection and I believe it's discontinued now but If you can get your hands on it ladies I'd recommend it.

androidi
androidi

The initial notes of Iris Ganache are balmy and sweet. The balminess actually reminds me of some SL fragrances, e.g. La Myrrhe. The scent isn't similar but its "texture" is.

The smell of iris is pronounced but perfectly entwined with the balmy notes. There's a slightly plastic-like atmosphere that pulls the top notes away from the gourmand area. A few hours later the these notes have fainted away and the smell is more edible. It definitely resembles yummy white chocolate and lasts forever (well ok, round the clock anyway).

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

I got a tiny 1mL sample of this from The Perfumed Court for a whopping $15 (unsurprising, since the perfume is no longer available to buy). First putting this on, I got a medicinal and creamy and a somewhat toxic smell that alarmed me a little.

Half an hour later, I get a heavenly smell that reminds me of butterflies, or angels having a tea party- it's the perfume! It smells ethereal yet happy and easily likeable. I was worried about the patchouli and cedar notes (my least favourite notes), but the patchouli can only be smelled up close, and the cedar isn't detectable on my skin. There is something sweet and gourmande-like about the perfume, which I assume is the white chocolate note. Overall, this is what I imagined what Miss Dior Cherie 2005 to smell like (which it really didn't!).

I can't comment on longevity, but sillage is moderate- you'll probably leave a bit of a trail and it can be smelled from arm's length.

It's too bad that I won't have access to a full bottle. I might just keep buying the samples if I can't help NOT treating my meagre sample like liquid gold! Definitely a 'love' rating from me.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

Why have I not reviewed this masterpiece yet? I fear my words pale in comparison to the feeling I get when I am wearing this scent. I love every stage of it- from the gorgeous top notes straight from the nozzle, to the amazing iris middle notes that linger on my skin and clothes, to the never ending smooth vanilla ice cream finish that is so characteristic of Guerlain gourmands/orientals. The first sniff is a little cinnamon, some sweet powder- maybe from the white chocolate, and iris (oh yes, it's there from the beginning). I don't get bergamot, which is fine because I don't think it belongs here. Then more iris unveils itself along with very soft, almost ethereal patchouli, and a little cedar. The drydown is powdery, soft, sweet, musky vanilla heaven. Amber? I hadn't thought of it. Perhaps it just enrichens the vanilla to give it a more "ice cream"-like feel. The sillage starts off moderate, and then unfolds into a soft, skin scent over its 12-14 hour lifespan. The longevity is incredible, but nothing new for this line of fragrances, which is exceptional in every way.

From start to finish this scent is soft, womanly, elegant, ethereal, light, and fluffy. I can picture a field of irises and a beautiful young woman wearing a white dress, barefoot, hair flowing in the breeze as she walks through the flowers, lightly caressing them as the sun shines on her. She is oh so sweet, so feminine, so innocent.

It is truly a shame that Guerlain decided to discontinue this amazing scent. I have been scouring the Earth for another iris of this magnitude, and it doesn't exist. I am incredibly grateful to have two bottles of this lovely, and I will cherish them until the last drop.

hanson26
hanson26

This is a Guerlain through and through. To me it smells like a marriage between Insolence EDP and L'heure Bleue, but better (and that's saying a lot, I'm a big fan of both). Just amazing. I can't believe they discontinued this one, what were they thinking? Guerlain isn't one of those houses that discontinues fragrances at a whim, so I'm pretty surprised that this one went. I'll get my hands on a bottle one day, even though it'll cost an arm and a leg.

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

I very nearly bought this last week in the Guerlain boutique in Paris, but bought Spiritueuse Double Vanilla instead.... I couldn't afford both!

It's the ultimate gourmand! Just amazing.

majestic mammy
majestic mammy

FB and was surprised how nice it was to then be so prematurely discontinued. Not sure, could it possibly be the IFRA restrictions of Bergamot? It is non offensive and elegant.
I find this one to be as nice or even a step up above my other Guerlain favorites. Iris Ganache has a certain je ne sais quoi that is truly magnificent.
It was a shooting star...I wonder why this did not continue...I will assume its the bergamot.

I love you Guerlain. I was originally sadden by LVMH. But after extensive reading, Guerlain would not have been able to be here in its restored glory with out LVMH. Just wish IFRA would loosen her collar and unwind.
Guerlain will not expand on the farming of natural raw materials. A separate division but it is akin to what is and will be. So here we are loving Guerlain and enjoying the pleasure of what may not be here tomorrow. C'est la vie

henri345que
henri345que

The sweetest and most intense of the line, Iris Ganache is one where the main note and the theme is clear from the beginning until the end. The Iris here has an aroma that makes me think of cake dough, exactly like the one on Comme des Garcons Sticky Cake. It`s an Iris dipped in creamy chocolate and in a sweet violet-heliotropin accord. The combination of notes makes you think sometimes in an intenser Apres L`Ondee and sometimes in a less agressive Insolence. Beautiful scent, but quite hard to wear if you don`t enjoy sweet fragrances. Leaves an intensive trail, so be careful when applying it...

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

kytikyti:
If you like that combo of iris + chocolate, then try Bijan Nude, it contains white chocolate and iris and smells like candied iris. Very cheap too :)

kytikyti
kytikyti

This is the most perfect and sexy perfume ever!! Its like chockolate with iris. Like heaven. I wrote already to Guerlain if they want to bring it back. they said, they have many perfumes and some of them have to go. Maybe if there will be more of us, they could reconsider:-)

Cassiano
Cassiano

Released in 2007, this fragrance is part of the exclusive collection "L'art et la Matière" (art and material) by Guerlain, which in my opinion, is a real factory of fine fragrances. This is not their only exclusive collection. There's also Les Charnels Élixirs (carnal elixirs), Les Parisiennes (Parisian), Une Ville, Un Parfum (a city, a perfume), Les Déserts d'Orient (the deserts of East), among others.

Iris Ganache consists of notes of cinnamon, bergamot and white chocolate ganache (cream made with chocolate and milk cream, in which can be added honey, aromatic herbs, spices and liqueurs to gain other nuances) in the output; iris, patchouli and cedar in the heart; and finally, vanilla, amber and white musk at the base. The result, on my skin, it was a fragrance of 2 distinct phases and with gourmand aspect.

Initially, the aroma is medicinal, almost plastic and, at the same time, kind of earthy. The most curious thing is that this nuance does not represent what exists in its output. Quite the contrary: I couldn't recognize the presence of bergamot or cinnamon. But the medicinal tone of the iris, along with the earthy patchouli are overwhelming! And the patchouli note, when more earthy and bitter, get sometimes, a chocolate nuance that only came to add up with the ganache note.

During this phase of about 30 minutes, the fragrance has behaved more unisex and with a typical aspect of niche perfumes. As time goes by, going into the deepest part of the composition, with its base notes, the vanilla takes over, embraced by amber and always accompanied by the tone of the ganache note, that lingers throughout the evolution. This second phase is what remains for hours on the skin and gives that gourmand appearance to the fragrance. However, at this stage, I couldn’t consider it a differentiated and shareable fragrance anymore and therefore might be directed only to the female audience.

To conclude, I must confirm the good sillage and excellent lasting of this fragrance, unmatched quality of Guerlain perfumes.

Eos
Eos

Iris Ganache is absolutely NOT a gourmand to my nose. Not one bit. At no point does it smell like something I want to eat.

That aside, IG is a likeable scent with an unusual composition. I have to think that Guerlain is using a new or different iris than they normally use in the likes of Shalimar (and flankers) because the iris note in this is so over-the-top plasticy that its pleasantly discordant. To then combine this with sweet notes and the cinnamon spiced patchouli... the result was incredibly weird.

All I can think is that this was a reject from when they were trying to make Shalimar Parfum Initial. In trying to make a gourmand Shalimar, they got so far off track that they made this fantastically femme concoction.

The bottom line is that Iris Ganache smells like the sum total of all things boudoir: lipstick, hairspray, assorted beauty powders and an old-school chypre. Its beautiful, evocative and glam, but also somehow melancholy. If it wasn't discontinued I might own a bottle, I'll settle for a small decant for now.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

Very pretty. Not my favorite from the more exclusive Guerlain scents but this is very well done. The patch is not a screamer in this. Nice!! I am getting what others are getting with the plastic. At first I thought there must be leather in here because I am picking up a leathery note but no no leather. It doesn't bother me but it's there. On me this is a soft powdery iris with musk and patch blending in the background. I am a huge fan of iris and this is not my favorite but it is beautiful nonetheless and I am going to enjoy my decant.

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

How could they discontinue this when it's so perfect?

I discovered this MOMENTS before it was discontinued and loved it instantly. The first day I wore it was in the dead of winter and I carried the delicate scent like a secret, tucked safely beneath my scarf. The falling snow was the perfect compliment to the powdery sweet iris. Now all I have left are a few drops and I treat them like liquid gold.

bigjakeriz
bigjakeriz

I finally got this. Guerlain is officially my favorite fragrance house period. Iris ganache. Where do I start? Do not let the ganache make you think this is going to be a pure gourmand. Upon first application I get a very strong powdery iris. I was expecting something similar to Dior homme with white chocolate instead of the cocoa leather. But this iris is so much more refined. Borderline on the strictly feminine side. But this can be used by men.

For the first 30-45 min I get strictly a white floral iris. Very strong and Very smooth. Then finally the white chocolate comes into play making for a very smooth creamy fragrance while the iris is still going strong. And the longer it stays on the skin the more the iris goes until your left with a creamy white chocolate vanilla that is very close to the skin. Last about 7 hours. Projects well for half of that. Very regal and elegant, this is a high class suit type scent. Fantastic.

My only gripe with this fragrance is that it does not last as long as the other Guerlains. And by the time it gets to the white chocolate drydown the fragrance has become a skin scent and stays close. But still a fantastic fragrance.

theymademejoin
theymademejoin

I so badly wanna get a whiff of this...but I can't find it anywhere unless i'm willing to shell out a three figure sum! :(

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

Iris Ganache is a sweet powdery iris (somewhat synthetic-smelling) and patchouli which dries down to creamy and powdery floral. There is definitely a "lipstick"-type smell present, so don't expect a pure gourmand. It's far from being the best iris scent, of course; but the overall aroma is pleasant enough and very long lasting.

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

A very quick flash of Bergamot freshened my sense to receive the ultra rich, sweet and creamy white chocolate with a hint of cinnamon. The Iris added a scent to the chocolate to make it more special. As the rich sweet chocolate started to mellow, the vanilla and amber notes took over and lingered in my sense to tease my crave for some more chocolate. Although my encounter with Iris Ganache was brief and through a piece of testing paper, it was most memorable and tempted me to go back for more in the near future even though I am already an owner of plenty delicious fragrances.

antfarm
antfarm

Fantastic and plastic. I don't get any chocolate, just an extremely beautiful, dainty, doll-like aroma that reminds me of toys I had growing up. Synthetic in the best possible way. Sweet enough to please, yet strange enough to scare away boredom. Valley of the Dolls, pastel colors, and large '70s hairdos come to mind, although I'm not sure why. Wish it was a little bit stronger and more long lasting.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

This one is gross on me. What else can I say. I get no notes that people are talking about here. I always look for Sherapop's description, because she is usually right on describing the frangrance. I could not do Insolence either, but many other Guerlain's I adore. Not this one....up for sale it goes...

finanna
finanna

This is like a love child of Insolence (Guerlain) and Penta Auburn (Tauer). You can quickly figure out the lineage, although the inherited traits are less displayed in the offspring. Unlike the parents, this is not a sillage monster. The opening is very sweet, bergamot is playing in the background and you are surrounded by a cloud of candied , violet-like iris. I agree with previous reviewers that this is not the usual carrot-like rooty iris but like jujy54 said, the real bearded iris.

Quickly, the opening blast turns into vanillic, ambery floral, staying very close to skin. Longevity is okish, I got about 6 hours. Sweetness remains through the drydown and although I love my vanillas and (other) gourmands, I find this too cloying. Perhaps controversially, this is quite toned-down fragrance. Those who are looking for a sophisticated, yet sweet gourmand will likely enjoy this. If you like your iris rooty/your fragrance with some projection, this probably isn’t for you.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Guerlain is a house that we must know every perfume. The L'Art et la Matiere collection is sublime, Iris Ganache proves this through an exotic blend of iris, white chocolate and vanilla. The result is a intriguingly powdery gourmand, refinement and elegance with a difficult to describe, the nose will translates but the words will not.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Edible iris! There used to exist candied violets, where the petals had been dipped in sugar syrup and allowed to dry so they crunched when you ate them. I think this is what Guerlain has attempted with iris Ganache!

Iris is one of my favourite scents, but this is defintely iris with a twist. It is not at all sombre, or earthy, rooty or carroty, it is light and airy but still manages to be long-lasting on my skin. I don't smell any chocolate but there seems to be something else "high-calorie" in this - ??sweet flaky buttery pastry?? This is a very cleverly executed take on iris and I'm very happy to have it in my collection (thanks Hilaire!)

serchina
serchina

I love this beauty..I love this house..powdery-soft iris with creamy chocolate..I agree that it smells milky, but in a good way mixed up with iris :)
A "must have" for iris lovers (incl. me) For me its perfect for all seasons..

incensi
incensi

Actually i don't loathe it, but it reminds me of Fath de Fath especially the extrait version. How lazy and lame in this collection to create and "inspired" by the latter!!! It's unbelievably fruity and gourmandy sweet with powdery musk on my skin, but it's not annoyingly disturbing, it just oozes quietly with demure courtesy. Comparing with the uncompetitive price and other reasons, it's merely a yay instead of a big wow here.

glorious1
glorious1

I LOVE this Guerlain exclusive! Powdery wonderful Iris......Would love a full bottle! Love the warm amber and vanille. Very gourmand and lovely! I have a nice decant. We'll see if I spring for the FB. Not a cheap perfume!

jujy54
jujy54

Straight-ahead iris, and not orris root either to my nose. My parents had bearded irises at the side of the house, and when you are three or four years old, those tall, blowsy blooms come right up to your nose. I myself have bearded iris by my house now, and I know what iris smells like;it smells like this.

Now, I'm not used to Guerlain being so monochromatic, and was not used to wearing a solifloe, which is how I experience Iris Ganache. However, it has grown on me, and I do get compliments. I don't know Insolence, and am not eager to, but I have L'Heure Bleue. Iris Ganache is less pastry, less melancholie, maybe closest to the sunny day version of Après L'Ondée, which I now find quite appealing. Had best get more as I hear discontinuation is in the air.

Follow-up, I wore this for a solid month on the passing of my dad, which I wanted to mark with a fragrance, and iris was suggested for mourning. Since then, I save it for observing the anniversaries of loved ones' passing. It is both sweet enough, and somber tho not too somber, to fill this role.

zapling
zapling

Iris Ganache is a wonderful, powerful powderbomb. It has this quality of filling my entire head when I sniff it... A unique, perfectly ball-shaped cloud of sweetness. The floweryness stays om for a couple of hours. After that, the drydown is still strong it reminds me of dried-down Shalimar and also of Dulcis in Fundo: A creamy oriental vanilla.

JToronto
JToronto

I've been trying all the iris perfumes I can find recently and so had to try this one too. Perhaps it's a bit like lavendar filled chocolates, where the lavendar adds that very slight je ne sais quoi to what is essentially a chocolate experience, but I can't say I fully found the iris in this concoction. It went on moderately floral, soft, very pretty. It dried down to a very gourmand praline which actually made my teeth hurt to smell. Don't get me wrong - it smelled great, it actually made me hungry - but I had to scrub it off as I didn't want to smell like a fudge factory (which was my husband's exact comment: "you smell like a fudge factory").

Heverton
Heverton

Could it be possible to have an iris-based chocolate, which lacks the sweetness associated with the second ingredient? If so, take this new creation and place in a glass full of cognac. This is the opening of Iris Ganache, and so it remains until the end (decreasing the intensity of some notes, like cognac that appears only in the opening), faithful to the name. A feminine scent that could easily be shared with the opposite sex.

Hilaire
Hilaire

I agree with Celina about the similarities to Aprés L'Ondée, L’heure Bleu and Insolence.

What I don't get is the "white chocolate" note so many others seem to smell.

I know when I bought this at Harrods the snooty sales assistant mentioned white chocolate to me, and I think perhaps Guerlain wanted to market this as an Iris gourmand and that's why the white chocolate myth (in my view) has taken hold.

To me white chocolate smells milky and slightly urinous and salty. What I get from Iris Ganache is more akin to caramel, pralines and butterscotch with a pale, silvery, dry and diaphanous halo of Iris hovering about it.

Over time the gourmand aspects of Iris Ganache fade for me, and it becomes an Iris, Amber, Musk and Vanilla fragrance which I love for its balance and the quality of its ingredients.

It's so much less sweet than Insolence and consequently a lot less feminine, it's much richer and infinitely stronger than Apres L'Ondee and is therefore much more suited to evening wear, and it's much more powdery and floral than L’heure Bleu (and also lacks some of the nuttiness too) so it's somewhat less edible.

Iris Ganache is obviously a part of a Guerlain tradition of Iris and pudding-like gourmands and because of its electricity and magnetism and beautiful character I love it and highly recommend it.

MaryG
MaryG

I have only tried Iris Ganache once but it left a huge impression on me. My brain literally registered that I had just eaten the most delicious, fluffy iris and white chocolate praline. Talk about molecular gastronomy in its highest sense.
It is a very particular perfume, requiring a certain mood and taste. I think this is a fragrance that could grow on me to actually buy a full bottle just to be able to enjoy the gourmand sensation. I haven't developed an obsession for its genre just yet, but knowing myself it will happen eventually. :)

BurningAcid
BurningAcid

I LOVE this fragrance! I think it is the most beautiful iris out there and I am an iris lover. It is a unique one of a kind and everyone shoud try it! I think hevean smell like Iris Ganache! I will not discribe it, because the others already did. A real masterpiece from the perfume art!

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Candied iris in a very unique form, mixed with patchouli and amber, sugar, and playdough, or something else plastic like?
I have decants of this one, thanks to sweet Juliette has a gun, and enjoying it completely, although it is a very unusual perfume, not mass liked. For me, it's a symbol of perfumery, because it is novelty in a fascinating form! I have never smelled anything like it before. Lasts forever, and the silage is very good. The price however, since I looked into purchasing a bottle, is way out of my budget. Overall, a perfect 10, but surely an acquired taste. I wish I had a bottle....

Catharine
Catharine

I thought IG might be interesting, and it is but for the wrong reasons. There is something so discordant about this pairing of Iris and chocolate, and this did not smell like any Iris I've had the pleasure of meeting. If I had to draw a comparison, I'd say that IG smells like white chocolate drizzled over an old sache. Oh dear.

nyoka
nyoka

When first I smelled this wonder,I was taken back to my grandmothers iris beds.They were the long gone natural scented lovlies.I thought of Easter and hiding the eggs ammong them.It does have a bit of spice that magnifies the iris.The chocklate only adds to the easter candy feeling.I love the woody dry down.It reminds me of the end of EAster day and sitting beneath the massive trees in her yard.A fairy tale fume!

celina
celina

Interesting concept. This fragrance is based on the contrast between the new and the old Guerlain fragrances. It starts with the dry down of an Old Guerlain (powdery, dusty, vanilla and iris) and it dries to the tones of the new Guerlain L’art et la Matiere (rich oriental vanilla/ patchouli/ musk).
However, it lacks balance. The powdery vanilla starts too strong and sweet, overpowering all the other notes. It reminds me of Insolence that I don’t like just because of too much sweetness and vanilla. I don’t think this is a gourmand fragrance either. The white chocolate has a plastic tone in it. Maybe dark chocolate, leather or tobacco would have been better choices.

I like the cedar, amber and musk notes. They bring something sensual to the composition. Leather instead of white chocolate would be a better match for them.
Cinnamon, bergamot? Not really. Patchouli? Too much. The weird sweetness is not balanced well by the patchouli.

Beautiful dry down thou. Really beautiful, sensual and balanced.

If you add Après L’onde, L’heure Bleu, Bois Farine and Insolence and shake well you might get Iris Ganache.

7.3/10

jubal
jubal

I truly love Iris Ganache! I've looked for an iris fragrance for a long time and after almost giving up on the note I tried IG and knew it was hg material! It is Iris dressed up in elegant furs with violets peeking from underneath. Yes, there is chocolate and some patch (both part of my beloved Coromandel) but always at the steering wheel of this roadster is the most gorgeous iris you can imagine cruising along the boulevard leaving all the other carroty smelling iris frags in the dust. Definitely FBW!

Guerlain IRIS GANACHE is a close cousin to INSOLENCE, with all that that implies. Basically, if you like the METEORITES opening of INSOLENCE, which morphs into a sweet plastic iris, then you'll like IRIS GANACHE too.

I love METEORITES, but I cannot wear INSOLENCE. I had thought that it was the plastic raspberries, but now, by process of elimination I have deduced that what I find repellent in both INSOLENCE and IRIS GANACHE is the combination of plastic iris with cloying sweetness. In the case of INSOLENCE, the sweetness comes from raspberry; in the case if IRIS GANACHE, the note is white chocolate. Both of these fragrances seem more like something that I would have expected from the house of Calvin Klein than from Guerlain. I have no desire even to finish my sample vial. Désolée!

nenuphar
nenuphar

well this was a surprise love at first sniff. Iris Ganache immediatly made me think of delicate little sugared iris flower petals topped on a light crème Bavaroise. This is definelty a gourmand but not in any pastry, sticky cupcake kind of way. It's a light floral, floating iris with a touch of crystalized sweetness and a subtle backdrop of something warm and creamy with that beautiful Guerlain refined vanilla.

Edit: I caved and bought it! as the drydown progresses, the iris becomes more prominent, the sugar settles, and the bavaroise becomes only a backdrop.

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

Smells like someone wearing an iris-based fragrance and making ganache. The scent of the cream permeates the air, which is already infused by the person's fragrance. Sweet, edible and true-to-life.

Aalia
Aalia

Initially, I was confused and slightly repulsed by the odd, slightly sour, very first moments of cinnamon and bergamot combined..but Oh My, a few moments later, I understood this culture clash, how it could blend to create new ideas and artistry. During the first half hour to hour, the scent seems watery, almost grassy at times, unexpectedly very natural, indeed.

The cedar and patchouli in the middle notes are almost my favorite, they make the scent stimulating, thick, velvety, and deep, earthy. Oh but that fragile, fair, and lofty iris -or -the highetst quality Belgian or Swiss white chocolate, makes it impossible to choose a favorite here.

The white chocolate here is a ganache-definetely-the concept of ganache is that it is a thin chocolate sauce, not sweet, not a syrup- very much a pure cocoa. It's used as a refined decoration or accesory to a lovely desert plate, but, hidden behind that facade of beauty only, is a delicate and refined smooth flavor that deliberately boosts the taste of the whole dish. Here, that concept is acheived. One doesn't "smell chocolate" here, one senses a veil, a sublime nuance, that yet arises amidst the whole compostion, changing the notes, not to be ignored, but never overbearing or gauche.

The amber is viscous, and sharp at times, along with the patchouli, it keeps this scent on a spicy edge, at all times. The white musk is shy, hard to notice. The vanilla at times is monotone, but never artificial.

I enjoyed this scent for many long hours today. Although I love Oriental Woody perfumes, sometimes they fall short of my expectations. This perfume exceeded them.

angel73
angel73

un très beau parfum gourmand mais pas écoeurant, ce n'est pas un réel cuir (et tant mieux) il est très fin et féminin, par contre son prix est absolument indécent et injustifié...Dommage, sinon je l'achèterai sans hésiter.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

Oh! Not what I was expecting! I thought this would be a nicely done chocolate, with a somewhat woodsy or spicy flair, and a floral heart....but no.

The first whiff I get is that of.....lipstick? I don't get bergamot OR cinnamon in the top notes. I think what I'm smelling is the iris--a somewhat watery and sweet floral...but to me, it's not done any justice. Where are the rest of the notes??? Perhaps I just received a bad sample. I'll wait a while longer to see how it plays out...but I'm very disappointed with the beginning.

Update: Oh how I WISH I could smell what everyone else smells when they wear this. I just don't get anything more than plasticky iris. SNS made it sound SOOO lovely with her idea of what a good ganache provides....but I'm the unfortunate one who doesn't get ANY chocolate from this. Oh well.. All I get is a perfumey lipstick.

Iris, heavy cream, white chocolate. Sweet without being cloying. Iris with the stems on with a background of silk that is chocolate scented only. The chocolate is very much there, but not strong or too ‘chocolatey’. Surprisingly pleasant, but also very expensive.

veruska
veruska

When i first tested Iris ganache i was thrilled because it was the first time i found iris in a truly gourmand context. I still like it now although the thrill died.I especially like the opening notes with cinnamon combined with green and spices befire it hits a lavishly constructed white chocolate part.I don't really detect the iris but the dusty feeling of the scent, it's pretty much her deed. The dry down is guerlain's vanilla. Nice but sort of overprised for what it is.

Iris Ganache by Guerlain 4.24 out of 5 based on 246 ratings and 46 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain Iris Ganache fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain Iris Ganache, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Iris Ganache by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Iris Ganache by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.