Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

dislike

I have it: 4 I want it: 157

honey
L’Abeille de Guerlain Guerlain for women Pictures

L’Abeille de Guerlain or "bees of Guerlain" is a new perfume from the famous house, luxurious, exclusive and very limited. The bee has been the symbol of the house since its founder Pierre-François Pascal Guerlain created perfumes for Empress Eugenie Montijo, the wife of Napoleon III. The coat of arms of the Second French Empire showed the bees motives.

As both bees and perfumes are in close relation with flowers, Thierry Wasser designed this fragrance to smell of a flower garden. The composition is based on notes of mimosa, together with the green hues of grape, orange blossom, jasmine, lilac, orris root and honey.

The crystal bottle is shaped like a huge bee with a glass applicator, whose "wings" are faceted like precious diamonds. It is designed by Baccarat. Each of the 47 vials that are made contain 245 ml of the perfume at the price of 12 500 Euros. L’Abeille de Guerlain was launched in 2010.

Jasmine African Orange flower Orris Root Lilac Mimosa white honey Grapes

Metallica (Metalys)

L’Abeille de Guerlain Fragrance Reviews

StopHammertime
StopHammertime

I hate it when I see these kind of comments in the review section, but here goes. Would love to try this perfume. Even a tiny 1/4ml decant. Please message me if you can make this possible. :)

Cherry-forever
Cherry-forever

I would love to find even 5 ml sample. Any idea?

innovativemomma
innovativemomma

After reading up on this perfume the bottle is what demands the price not the juice. At $19,000 for 8.2oz, that is $2,326.52 per oz or $116 for 1.5ml (.05oz) sample yet samples were available. If you are not interested in the Boccarate crystal bottle then try to find a sample. As for me I don't complain a out price. If it something that I want and can afford I will get it if not then oh well. In the scheme of things those who can afford it have so much money it's unreal. If you happen to be one of those people and would like to share a sample then thank you in advance.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

I had an embarrassing but memorable moment today at the Guerlain counter. I was chatting with the lovely SAs (at Holt Renfrew in Calgary) about a few things when the lady suddenly pulled out a small tester bottle of this magnificent creation. I never ever thought this magical juice would ever, EVER touch my commoner's unworthy skin! Now the embarrassing moment... I clutched my chest, shrieked a little and gasped. I had to fan my face with my hand because I was about to cry or break into a nervous attack. I was hysteric and must have looked like a lunatic. Oh well... you love perfume or you don't! haha

I sprayed it twice on my hand.

The first seconds are definitely a thick, sticky honey and mimosa blast. A very strong scent, although weirdly not cloying because of the obvious use of natural ingredients. I feel as if I had stuffed my face right into a beehive on a warm sunny day, in the middle of a mimosa field. You know when in movies there is a sun ray that pierces out of the clouds and angels descend from it? Well, this parfum smells of that exact sun ray. A divine gift, an intoxicating, lush scent of honeyed petals, with dew pearls on them ( I suspect grapes are responsible for that part). The jasmine and orange flower are both clean and delicate, like I like them, and the orris root keeps the scent from being too innocent and floral. The lilac note reminds me of the one in Idylle edt. Actually, all the notes remind me of another Guerlain.... the honey from Flora Nymphea, the mimosa of champs elysees (or even more like the mimosa from Love is all) and so on.

I wish I could never wash that hand again.

I do not care for the bottle, the price scandal or the snobbery of it all. I'm reviewing the scent.... It's ALL about the scent.

Lustin
Lustin

I have 10 ml bottle of this perfume, which is a very concentrated perfume extract, and i will guide it as a treasure. It really is a special piece worth keeping as a collectible.

Hélio Sérgio Rocha
Hélio Sérgio Rocha

Guerlain - L'Abeille de Guerlain

A very hard to find one but so well done!!!! Masterpiece!!!

I feel jasmine and honey. The jasmine is not so strong and the honey is not oversweet but very balanced!

The floral aspect of Mimosa brings not only a honey-like aroma, but also a delicate floral note. Good!

That was funny as i was searching for "mimosa" note and also i have seen among many fragrances i have tried the similarities to "Heliotrope" note. In this case this idea works and because of that i remember a lot of another masterpiece - Guerlain l'Heure Bleue (edp).

Would you have paid more than EUR 10,000 on a bottle?! Today it must be more than that - if you find one. Does it worth?!
The bottle is made of Baccarat Crystal, so that was made for some few people....
But i am here to judge the juice only - and it is just very well done!

HebaD'Opium
HebaD'Opium

It really does smell like honey, but the honey was too heavy/sticky for my taste.....
The jasmine was also notable.
Now, don't get me wrong, I ADORE heavy and strong perfumes but this one just didn't do it for me, It was annoyingly honeyish. It overwhelmed every other note.
I actually smelled it, the salesman actually made me sniff it even though i didn't want to, he just spritzed a really tiny spritz on my wrist. I think he just wanted to get rid of it, lol. Nobody was buying that. He said that the branch only had 2 bottles of that. Maybe he thought i'd get it if i knew this piece of info. But no.

THE BOTTLE. I'm in love with it. It is however extremely expensive in my country and to pay a price like that is just way too much, i could feed more than a dozen families with that amount of money for a month. NO JOKE!

I'm not here to complain about the price (of course it's a lot of money) cause i don't think about money when it comes to perfumes i like and want but this is just not worth the money IMHO. Of course, i know that a lot of people want it. But you should try it first. It wasn't that great, i wasn't blown away when i smelled it. Too bad.

suhaesa
suhaesa

i just want to say one thing ..that there are a lot of people who would pay to have this in their collection despite the price..some like me who are interested in the Crystal bottle its self.. i am a perfume and a bottle collector.. some times i will buy an empty bottle for that price.. from lalique or daum or even baccarat..
i have lived my whole life traveling with my father as an ambassador, from Africa, to Europe, to the Americas, and the middle east.. i lived in the mid of the poorest poor..and the richest rich.. and among kings and queens .. princess and knights..across nations..with all their diverse cultures and customs and perfumes and scents..entered their palaces and smelled their scents..and let me tell you they have some perfumes and essence that can cost more than this, and without the amazing bottle ..they also burn agar wood as insens with a price tag of more than that of gurline..yes the world is unfair and unjust some times, but gurline is a brand for everyone ..and the elite, and the royal ,are part of their customers too..and maybe some of the best ones!.. so no one should feel they are excluded..if you can afford it well and good, if not, then you can at least enjoy its pictures.. and dream about it.. as in fairy tales.. isn't this what makes life worth living ..the hope or dream that one day some how, some way, you might be able to get it ..i know so many who can actually afford it, but wouldn't buy it.. for they would rather give it to a charity for 100starving children to live by for a month in less privileged place..but also those who can and might have bought it, i am sure have such foundations running and helping millions around the world..
i don't have it.. and i don't intend of ever getting it ,not because of its price.. but because of its form. its a bit freaky for my taste ..it reminds me of a cocoon that transforms in to larva, and Anthony Hopkins movie cannibal!..i also hate flowery honey scents!

Internet Duchess
Internet Duchess

This bottle would give me nightmares! I have a hard enough time since someone compared my precious Alien's bottle to a roach! I would not want a bee staring at me from my boudoir, no way! Same goes for butterflies, dragonflies, etc.

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

This is exquisite, a museum piece of artistry. If this is tacky, so is the Louvre. I realize it is hard to see prices like that in this day and age, but there are people who can and will add this to their collection. I can barely imagine being one of them, but I do think I would ask them to put the juice in a usable bottle and fill it with colored water! It would just kill me to see all that lovely perfume just for show. Show off the crystal and use the scent!

Weathergal79
Weathergal79

Oh this kills me! Just KILLS me!!! Beautiful and absurd. Who does such a thing cater to?
Gahhhh,I want it. And I will never have it,likely.
It ISNT gaudy,its...probably the prettiest object I've ever laid eyes on.
But I could live on the price of this for at least 6 months.
Ha! Maybe its time to find a Clyde to my Bonnie!! Kidding,maybe : p
Gorgeous.

mylancome
mylancome

I like to say is stop making negative remarks about this perfume. Guerlain came out this is for the die hard fans who have extra bucks to invite this home as one of their Guerlain Bottle Collection, not really for the perfume inside. I seen these people on perfume blogs, proud to show their bottle collection.

More, this bee bottle is made of BACCARAT CRYSTAL. It's not your average glass. It's WAY MUCH BETTER than your AAA grade glass mirror which may cost up to USD 100 or more for a mirror size of just enough to reflect your face and neck.

Please do some research on Baccarat Crystal Glass before making any negative comment.

And I seen the actual product on a perfume blog. This treasure is a size of a new born baby, quite huge for a perfume bottle. Thank you.

Matt Oldham

To continue on this subject, I was thinking of who would buy and I realized, duh: the Sultan of Brunei and those funded by the oil of the Arabian Peninsula and Kim Kardashian in addition to Tony Montana types. The first three you can google and easily find examples of the sort of taste that would embrace this sort of vulgarity. Solid gold sinks and bathtubs, crystal furniture and like that. As for Scarface, spending cash is, when you think about it, a pleasant way of laundering it. So, you go Guerlain.

The actual perfume: there's no reason to assume it's good. It could be absolutely horrid. But even if it's the greatest perfume of all time, accounting for the price is impossible. Which materials are that expensive? And the crystal: compare to the prices of Hermès or William Yeoward or Baccarat itself. They don't even come close.

In contrast, that million dollar Chanel dress that the Bride of Wildenstein bought took tens of thousands of hours for virtuoso embroiderists to embellish with miles of real gold thread--and it was fitted down to the millimeter. On top of which couture apparently never makes money at all. A Veyron similarly takes easily 20 times longer to manufacture than a $50,000 car does. A Birkin bag, expensive as it is, the materials and labor add up and it is guaranteed for life. A Swaine umbrella also has a lifetime guarantee and will be reconditioned for free even due to normal wear and tear...and it only costs $200-$500!

As for snobbery, the main type that would occur in this case is people like me laughing at it. If I was a member of the noblesse d'épée I would laugh much harder at the idea that an ugly giant size symbol of Napoleon III could be a status symbol. It's too ridiculous. The main snobbery involved is rejection not embracing.

It is a beautiful specimen and paragon of kitsch however. If I saw it at the Marché aux Puces for 100 euros I would buy for sure.

Matt Oldham

Celphie: you're right! An insult and most of all Tacky almost beyond belief! What kind of person would buy this? Outrageously expensive items are almost always in terrible taste. Those who defend it should ask some actual rich people, or those in the Almanach de Gotha, how they feel about it. I'd bet money that it wouldn't be overwhelmingly positive opinions or anything even vaguely like it. Tony Montana is the kind of person who would go for it for a horrible Super Dragon trophy wife. I'm sure somebody like C.Z. Guest would rather have eaten bees than purchased something like this.

On the other hand there are many, many brand new billionaires out there and I guess it's a market to be tapped. Still: it's tragically trashy and it de-values what Guerlain has represented to its most appreciative fans, like myself.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

snobbism, produces some prety stuff! lol
but perhaps if there wasn't such snobbery ... beautiful stuff would be plentiful :)

stvn.vrstrt
stvn.vrstrt

It is not because you cannot afford a Rolls Royce, that you cannot like the car.
Here it is just the same.
And .... By the way, the fragrance is just divine.
One drop of this elixir on your skin and your in heaven.
I happen to have seen the bottle in real and it is a sight for sore eyes.
Good that there is a brand that make people dream... and maybe one day, who knows i will be able to afford something like this.
Instead of being envious, let this enriche your souls and minds...
Perfume was long time only for the wealthy and the elite. Guerlain has proven that they can still be creative, ultra luxurious and rare.... Thank you Guerlain!

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Unjustifiable !
Baccarat crystal doesn't cost that much. Design is great indeed. Juice??? I don't know, but even if it was pure essential oils still wouldn't be worth it.
This is a no no for me. Snobism taken to the max. I'll skip. Not that I could afford it anyways.
Hmmmm. Another bitter parfumista here.

flowerbombhannah
flowerbombhannah

What's not to love? Well, definately the price.

Celphie
Celphie

12500 Euros??? It's perfume, not diamond juice!!! And only 47 bottles? And why the large quantity? 245ml...what if one didn't like it? I'll bet my arms and legs that there won't be any testers, you'll have to buy this thing unsniffed and like it cuz if you don't...well, that's 12500 Euros right out of the window. I'd much rather spend that money traveling around Europe with my grandma, stay at nice hotels, go to the opera, enjoy some good delicacies, take some nice photos...that'll be a much better memory to keep than a snooty perfume that's going to sit on my dresser and go bad if I don't use up the whole damn thing.
(well of course I'm mad and venting out my feelings at the fact that I will never sniff a molecule of this thing, and the fact that I will never own this beautiful bottle...thanks you Thierry Wasser, thank you and thank you Guerlain for excluding a large number of loyal customers who swear by your products...why would you do such a thing? Aren't we worthy? Yeah I'm going back to L'oreal "beacuse you're worth it" not with Guerlain who are clearly saying "This is NOT for you, you are NOT worth it!")

Not cool Guerlain, not cool at all >:(

Sincerely,
A disgruntled perfume collector.

saramariah
saramariah

12 500 euros LOL!

Zaleska
Zaleska

@gypsy: Let's buy it right now! I'll let you buy the bottle #1. The #2 is mine! LOL

WOW!!

L’Abeille de Guerlain by Guerlain 4.75 out of 5 based on 32 ratings and 22 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain L’Abeille de Guerlain fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain L’Abeille de Guerlain, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L’Abeille de Guerlain by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L’Abeille de Guerlain by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.