Designers » F-H » Woody Aromatic « Groups

L’Homme Ideal Guerlain for men

L’Homme Ideal Guerlain for men
dislike

almond
L’Homme Ideal Guerlain for men Videos L’Homme Ideal Guerlain for men Videos L’Homme Ideal Guerlain for men Videos
L’Homme Ideal Guerlain for men Pictures L’Homme Ideal Guerlain for men Pictures L’Homme Ideal Guerlain for men Pictures L’Homme Ideal Guerlain for men Pictures

L’Homme Ideal by Guerlain is a Woody Aromatic fragrance for men. This is a new fragrance. L’Homme Ideal was launched in 2014. The nose behind this fragrance is Thierry Wasser. Top notes are citruses, rosemary, orange blossom and bitter orange; middle notes are almond and tonka bean; base notes are leather, cedar and vetiver.

Citruses Rosemary Orange Blossom Bitter Orange

Delices

L’Homme Ideal Fragrance Reviews

Yowzer-Pei
Yowzer-Pei

To my nose, LI is a classy fragrance with a delightful well-blended dark cherry & bitter almond accord. It brings to my mind memories of marzipan (amaretto for others) which I do enjoy. The aroma is quite 'food-like' as I can also imagine it being something you would smell in either a high-quality candy shop or a sweet patisserie.

The opening is very sweet, almost cloying which can be off-putting for some but I would recommend to give this a longer try and on the skin. It does settle into a smooth mix not long after however. To me, the best part is the dry-down where the creamy vanilla/tonka starts to announce itself prominently until the end.

This composition is definitely a modern Guerlain and does not deserve all the hate it seems to attract. It won't rock with the purists or those who are not into sweet fragrances but to say it's rubbish is to do it disservice. If you're looking for a new smell, you should at least give this a shot as it is quality and the smell is quite different than others. The presentation is also great as it is easily the best bottle Guerlain has created for the men's line.

bisheh
bisheh

a masterpiece from thierry wasser. i love the scent of almond in L'Homme Idéal especially in dry down. longevity is 7-8 hours in my skin.
عطری رسمی و بالغ. به نظرم مناسب تیپ رسمی و آقای بالای 27-30 سال هست.تلخی نشات گرفته از بادومش رو خیلی دوست دارم. حس وقتی داری مغز بادوم میخوری همشون خوشمزن یهو یکیش تلخ در میاد رو بهم میده :)
شیرینی تونکا و تلخی بادوم در کنار چرم.. کاری که تیری وسر خوب تونسته از پسش بر بیاد.
دوستانی که سمپل این کار رو میخوان میتونن توی پروفایلم اطلاعات بیشتر رو ببیند.

Ali_1990
Ali_1990

Very nice one it will be with my best collection

VJG
VJG

My second Guerlain. The first was LIDG

IDEAL man is an Almond Bomb with a Vanilla fuse!! Very sensual.Gives you a creamy balm feeling all along and fresh at the same time.The projection is good and the longevity is fine. I do get similarities with the other guerlains(cz of the Vanilla and leather mix)

Have to mention the bottle design!!! It is simply outstanding overflowing with Luxury!Guerlain lovers should own this

no-fi
no-fi

I'm on a bit of a Guerlain binge at the moment, so when the opportunity arose to pick up a 50ml bottle of L'Homme Ideal for a third of the retail price, I went for it. I knew this scent had attracted mixed reviews, but I decided I needed to try it for myself - and I'm glad I did.

L'Homme Ideal suffers from the same fate as Dior's Sauvage - it is a new fragrance from a house steeped in history, yet it is unashamedly geared towards expanding the house's market share by appealing to a younger audience. Sauvage disappointed some Dior fans because it wasn't revolutionary; L'Homme Ideal seems to have disappointed some Guerlain fans because it strays much further from the classic Guerlinade accord than the house's previous men's scents. The result is that both fragrances have been criticised as generic - an unfair criticism, because neither smell like anything else. In fact, both smell great. You don't have to trust me on that - just spray some on, wear it out and add up all the compliments you get.

L'Homme Ideal opens sweet and sharp, giving it the instant appeal that seems de rigueur for mainstream fragrances these days. The opening accord is a nice mix of juicy citruses, bittersweet orange blossom and creamy almond. There's nothing groundbreaking here, or anything notably Guerlain about it. Give it a few minutes, however, and a deliciously smooth accord of coumarin, vanilla and buttery almond comes to the fore. The sweetness fades, but it is is still thoroughly gourmand. There's clearly a big dose of Guerlain DNA here, but it's not the traditional oriental Guerlinade accord - it's a thoroughly modern take on well-explored idea. The creamy heart notes are bolstered by the woody base, which gives the scent a masculine depth.

Longevity is good. Projection starts off alright, but L'Homme Ideal becomes a skin scent within a couple of hours. That may disappoint a younger audience looking for a so-called 'clubbing' scent, but as a romantic evening scent, it's entirely appropriate. That said, I would prefer if performance was improved in both aspects. This fragrance is hardly inexpensive.

The box, bottle and sprayer are excellent. The bottle is beautifully designed with clean lines and contrasting colours, while the cap is of serious quality. It's a very good package that oozes luxury.

Overall, Ideal is a refined contemporary scent that really pleases. It's a like, not a love, but I'm happy to have it in my wardrobe.

PaulGaltier79
PaulGaltier79

Guerlain Rules !!! Fantastic and very elegant! Very good longevity !

Francisstof
Francisstof

I think that this is a much needed addition to the Guerlain family. There was a gap where this fits in beautifully. This is an amazing scent. Honestly well done. Those complaining it's too sweet, I really feel sorry for you that you can't appreciate this gem. Well done Guerlain. I hope with this they will be able to attract more youth to the brand and keep them for life.

Back to the scent I really like the untraditional citrus opening. It's great. The but sweeter heart and base notes just tie this all together in a great package. Most men would be able to pull this off. If sweet stuff isn't your thing, I'm sorry.

Longevity and silage is above average but nothing in the range of Armani Code Profumo (another great fragrance in this category).

This is one of my favourite scents. It easily scores an 8/10

This type of scent is among my favorites, but there's nothing about this one that makes it stand out from the crowd, and there certainly is a crowd at this point! Was Bogart Pour Homme the first of this type? That one is more floral but that's what makes it more interesting. These days I prefer Phoenix by Keith Urban and Dolcelisir by L`Erbolario. This is not an "understated" idea, and yet that's what Guerlain seems to have been trying to do with this one. Now add the price difference to the mix and I won't even consider buying it.

Bretto66
Bretto66

The first thing I have to say this is a Guerlain. Enough said. While I can appreciate its quality and beauty from a distance it is just too sweet for my taste. Looking forward to smelling the new EDP with an open mind. Viva Guerlain!

rakan1985
rakan1985

scent : 9/10
sillage : 9/10
longevity :8/10
100% night fragrance

BABYBEAR1910
BABYBEAR1910

I'm not going to disect the notes all that I would like to say is that this fragrance is:

INTOXICATING, SILLAGE MORE THAN AN ARMS LENGTH, CHEEKY ATTENTION SEEKER AND VERY HYPNOTIZING

WEAR THIS AND YOU WILL GET AWAY WITH MURDER!!!

Nice review Wizology

jpgaud61
jpgaud61

Guerlain's L'Hommé Ideal astonished me. When I sniffed my wrist after application from a tester, I got this sharp, cherry cough syrup and roasted almond aroma... Yuck!

Then the fragrance did an about face after 5 minutes, and I started getting those cultured, sophisticated, and delightful wafts that I've come to expect from Guerlain. Ideal's scent is modern with a masculine, nutty, minty, Tonka Bean/Amaretto heart with underlying Cedar. There is a hint of leather lurking in the background.

That being said, L'Hommé Ideal is unable to match the grandeur of it's more renowned predecessors L'instant Pour Hommé, Heritage, and Habit Rouge. Still, L'Hommé Ideal is one smooth operator; as is it's older brothers, Hommé and Intense.

L'hommé Ideal's dry down continues with a white, dry vanilla undertone containing a minty, spicy freshness mixed with Cedar. Idea's aroma, from start to finish, resonates with me. The aroma is, at the end, suave and appealing, in that classic, understated, elegant way that Guerlain always pulls off.

Ideal's scent is warm, inviting, comforting, and soothing to my nose. I wear Ideal as an every day scent and/or for special occasions. This isn't a clubbing fragrance, but can be worn for intimate dating & romance.

Longevity is OK at 5 hours on my skin. Projection starts strong on me, but lessens to a close scent after 2 1/2 hours. Sillage seems to be good for 3 hours before fading.

I don't catch a synthetic vibe; on the contrary, my perception is almost fragrant on my skin. The dry down is lightly powdery, citrus/minty, with an accord of dominant cedarwood and tonka.

Yes, Guerlain may have intended to recruit a more commercial and juvenile audience with L'Hommé Ideal, but like Hommé and Hommé Intense, they capture a large, mature audience as well.

Neat bottle. I'm eager to get my hands on the stronger, longer lasting, EDP version.

I don't care if other reviewers find L'Hommé Ideal's scent unoriginal and linear. I find L'Hommé Ideal to be excellent to my tastes. To me, L'hommé Ideal is a keeper!

kanak
kanak

Sometimes the weight of history and past successes can be a hard thing to bear and that is the case with Guerlain and L'Homme Ideal. With any other brand this would probably be counted an instant classic. reading all the negative and Meh reviews I approached this with some caution. Sprayed some from the sample, sniffed it for half an hour and straight away ordered a full bottle. This is darn good stuff.

In short smells like a blend between Muglers Pure Havane with the Cherry type note and Lolita Lempickas Au masculine ( vintage) and probably a dash of LIDGE. Almond and amaretto and the cherry note and tonka bean.
The usual Guerlain top quality ingredients, blended to perfection, a classy bottle, what's not to like. good arms length projection and longevity is around the 6-7 hour mark and it's the height of summer round here. Got quite a few compliments as well so color me happy with this one.

I am yet to smell a Men's Guerlain I dont like. Can't wait to sniff the Eau de Parfum. 8/10

Wizology
Wizology

Even though Guerlain L'Homme Ideal is classified as a Woody Aromatic, I think it can just as easily be categorised as a Citrus Gourmand.

The Bitter Orange and citrus opening is short lived but quickly followed and beautifully complemented by the rich and warm Almond and Tonka Bean combination. The tail is rounded off with Leather and Cedar, but the sweet, creamy nuttiness of the Almond and Coumarin dominates. The Orange Blossom adding nice depth and serves to balance the fragrance.

The sillage is monstrous and equally so the longevity. Probably best suited for autumn and winter. Use it sparingly though - potent stuff.

Ideal is bold, luxurious and sumptuous, yet very sexy and masculine, and oh so inviting. I Love It!

Sillage : 9/10
Longevity : 9/10
Overall : 8/10

EddieGravity
EddieGravity

This was my first Guerlain fragrance and the one that introduced me to the house. I love it!

It's a very addicting, sweet, cherry almond scent. The leather note in the dry down gives it a nice manly kick, combined with the Tonka that keeps it yummy and sweet.

It's as if it's describing the ideal man to be attractive, sweet all around with a personality that is so charming it keeps you interested, but deep down they have a bit of a bad boy edge to them.

Because of this fragrance, I ended up purchasing more Guerlain's, such as LIDG, LIDGE, L'Homme Ideal EDP, Guerlain Homme, Tonka Imperiale, and Derby.

This fragrance is ideal for younger males. It's controversial among many longer Guerlain fans, and yes it far from being cut in the same vain as traditional Guerlain scents, but I understand why they created this. They made it to stay relevant. To appeal to a new audience of younger Guerlain customers who have different tastes.

It worked on me after all, and now I'm a devoted fan of the brand!

nero77
nero77

Beautiful almond and tonka fragrance...

I absolutely love the notes combination here. This fragrance has that sweet, nutty almond facet combined with the tonka bean aspect. The orange blossom also gives a nice, fresh aspect to it (especially when combined with the citrus). The leather and cedar round off the base here. It's a lovely lovely fragrance.

I see this one as very playful and laid back. It doesn't take itself too seriously. I also think that it would be a great hit with a lot of people. Nothing negative here. Just the right amount of gourmand sweetness and playfulness. I can see myself wearing this fragrance a lot. Refreshing and sweet, with just enough woody base and masculine aspects to keep it going. Extremely well made. I like it very much.

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

A very classy fragrance from Guerlain. The marzipan - almond - Amaretto mix is totaly irresistible. Warm, sweet, masculine and sexy. Longevity is very good, sillage is moderate. I can't wait for the EDP version! The scent, the bottle, the advertising.. -Everything is top quality. This is a very solid release from Guerlain. It has grown to be one of my favourites from the house. Addictive!

smellysmellerson
smellysmellerson

On my skin this starts out loud and boozey with citrus, tonka and almond all screaming for attention with leather menacing in the background. It's all about tonka almond and leather as mentioned, but I find certain notes have feature phases first citrus then vetiver,then rosemary.
I love this fragrance most about 1 to 2 hours later when it becomes creamy almond with tonka and leather. The combo of rosemary adds an evergreen floral mintiness and keeps the almond tonka elixir from becoming cloying. It adds an airy quality to the sillage that I like.
I'm a woman and I find this to be on the masculine side of unisex.

Smellinggreat
Smellinggreat

I've always wanted to get my hands on fragrances by this very distinguished house and was very happy to get a 50 ml bottle of Ideal for US$22. Presentation is beautiful as expected. I can understand some comments here concerning the opening. Some reviewers who tested the perfume for the first time said they found it pungent. When I first tested it, I also found the opening a little disagreeable. I found the almond and tonka bean notes a bit overpowering. However, after about 10 minutes, the perfume really comes alive. The almond and tonka bean notes are still there but I get beautiful sweet notes of the orange/citrus and orange blossom along with the cedar and leather. It's absolutely rich and classy. I'm very very happy I bought this perfume and after using it many times now, I've totally fallen in love with it, including the strong opening. This is a very sophisticated and alluring scent as only the French knows how to create. Absolutely top class.

Longevity is very good on my skin.

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Lovely,romantic and unique. This is a parfum that attracts, for its elegance and eccentricity. The almond is very well sharp,it does not go away ever is always present. I can also really feel the notes tonka bean, and leather that gives the fragrance a woody-aromatic character a little bit. Guerlain did a great scent, surely to try.. I like!!!

Sillage: 7.5/10
Longevity: 8.5/10
Scent: 9./10

Overall: 9./10

KJS88
KJS88

Everyone references almonds, marzipan, honey, amaretto, bitter orange when describing l'Homme Ideal. So, naturally, that's what I expected. Except what I got was harsh chemicals with an approximation of amaretto at the top. Like some guy wearing an aggressively sharp, chemical cologne like Bang, Encounter, or something awful by Bogart, who then sloshes a bottle of amaretto all over his chest. Really, the harsh chemical "boisee-sec" style of fragrance is getting a bit overdone and I meet few people who really enjoy smelling it. I meet more people who suffer in silence in their presence than anything else. Guerlain could really have achieved something special by toning it down.

angelmarc
angelmarc

Hi community, i have BIG NEWS; first of all, let me say that im from Mexico City but right now im on vacation on Veracruz, well long story short, i just visited the new Sephora in the mall and checking the male section in fragances notice a familiar bottle of L´Homme Ideal but the catching eyes new thing its that in stead of the black borderline that the usual bottle have (i know it very well because i have one) it was Brown! i know its a little stupid getting excited for that little thing but the saw the box and confirm its a new Flanker!!! it L´Homme Ideal EDP!!! I hurry to try it and let me say that its a mashup of L´Homme Ideal with Dior Homme Parfum (also I have it) maybe it contains a note of leather but the almond still there, the projection its even better than the original and the smell its more manly if its the issue you have with the original, I really like it and i still checking if i will get it or go for Savauge. Hope helps this new that i didnt know about it.

Edit. 03/28/2016
I look for it here in Mexico City and also are in stores, i have the opportunity to try it on the skin and to be honest its better than the original a little heavy in the start but it go with the pass of the time i tried it yesterday in the afternoon like 7pm I take a shower and now 11:30am I still can smell it on my wrist, i take a photo of the box, its gray with an orange line.
Definitely I'm gonna buy a bottle.

moawiya.alanazi
moawiya.alanazi

i sampled this multiples time so far and i dont why it doesn't stay for too long, totally the opposite of L'instant eau extreme BUT...if i'm buying this it's only for the sake of the lovely smell which people are calling amaretto or almond which idk how both smells like but nonetheless i just love smelling this perfume it gives me a warm feeling and reminds me of the winter time. (btw it costs 1040EGP which is equivelant to 115$US)

Blueslippers
Blueslippers

Recently bought this along with 10 x 1 ml samples of the 'cologne' flanker and have to admit I prefer the flanker.

That said, both are lovely, fresh, high quality Gourmand scents that I can see being rotated well between autumn/winter (original) and Spring/Summer (cologne) or evening/daytime.

Really like both this and cologne with my only caveat being longevity, particularly when it comes to the 'cologne'(EDT) flanker.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

L'Homme Ideal is a beautifully composed masterpiece. A beautiful gourmand in my opinion. At first spray I smell the almond with the tonka and leather. A creamy amaretto that just blows my senses. In the dry down I get the above mentioned notes with the sour orange and the citruses, WOW! Luxurious, masculine, sophisticated and very well balanced. Guerlain has once again captured me.

mutatismutandis
mutatismutandis

I tried both this and the cologne version before deciding to purchase this version. L'Homme Ideal lasts for about three hours as a very gentle projector and then for another four hours or so as a skin scent. It manages to be a Guerlain in the sense of being different and make you think "Oh, what's that?" and "Ooooh, that's nice!"

It's a very traditional Guerlain in that it is blended beautifully and so you tend to have a sense of an aroma rather than individual notes. The main accord throughout is the lovely amaretto note. It's there at the start and throughout. I don't think you can really smell the tonka as a separate, distinct note, but it is blended in such a way to make its presence felt without being smelled. As several reviewers have observed, it is a creamy amaretto note that it helps to produce. Consequently, I'd say this is more gourmand than woody for the overall description, but it is subtle and not overbearing, so it works well (assuming you like the smell of amaretto/almonds).

There is a little orangey-citrus burst when you first spray it but this fades before an hour is out. I'm vaguely aware that there might be some leather and vetiver in the base but the leather is only hinted at - thank heavens, as leather doesn't agree with me - and the vetiver is so discreet it only wishes to appear on my left arm and not my right arm!

This is quite modern and contemporary and a nice twist on the current trend for gourmand and sweeter smelling fragrances. It works just as well at any point of the day and any season. I like it. I don't think I'm going to fall in love with it but it adds a valuable extra dimension to my perfume wardrobe.

As for those who have compared it to Axe/Lynx sprays, often in the middle of a temper tantrum passing for a review, I'd seriously question their olfactory senses and would suggest they're a nostril short of a smelling! To dislike or even hate a fragrance is a perfectly legitimate reaction, but to say something smells like something it clearly does not is altogether misleading and unfair.

Let's put it simply - if you like almonds and amaretto, you'll like this, maybe even love it. If you don't like almonds/amaretto, you won't.

$$
$$

This is a sweet creamy almost honey like seduction.

manu.tq
manu.tq

I can easily understand why some people completely hate it and why others love it. I am more on the love side. Even though the opening is indeed a bit generic with some sharp citrus and a lot of tonka, after about 20 minutes it turns into the gorgeous creamy amaretto and that's what hooked me up.
I got a bit of Pure Malt at some point, but then it went on its own way. Further, I think that it's completely unreasonable to compare this to Axe sprays though, because there's an obvious difference in scent and quality. As for age group, this is definitely on the younger side and seems to be very versatile.

Sillage is below average but longevity seems decent.
Finally, as many stated, L'Homme Ideal is nothing groundbreaking but this doesn't stop it from being a delightful fragrance.
Overall an 8/10

BigD
BigD

I really like this one, nice sweet amaretto/almond notes, but not too sweet. It's a nice light scent, yet has some good longevity with me.

I pick up similarities with Pure Havane's and/or Burberry London's dry down, which are favorites, but maybe that's just me.

Edit: Upon using Pure Havane again, it is very similar to L'Homme Ideal to me, just about the same in the dry down, so if you have Havane, may want to consider that this spot or genre is accounted for in your collection. I love Ideal, but I only need one of these. It would be hard to decide between the two, but since I already have one, the choice is made, and I love Havane too.

nikhilsharan
nikhilsharan

Wonderful creation. Soft, subtle brilliance. It's an all weather scent. All occasion scent with a touch of class. Well balanced inoffensive scent. I believe it deserves a few sequels. Imho definite 8/10 for scent. 10/10 for quality.

Perfumed Romeo
Perfumed Romeo

I want to buy this perfume as it smells so good , but its pricey. Can someone tell me the closer encounter to this aroma?

Givenchy Pi? Really?

felipe.rechtenthal
felipe.rechtenthal

One of my favourites. Can't wait for the EDP version - July '16!

What I get from this one is a perfect marzipan.
Good sillage and logevity.

10/10!

BIG
BIG

For me, it's such a polarizing fragrance. On one hand, it's such refined woody scent with creamy almond touches, but as it develops the tonka bean emerges and trumps everything and smells like ambroxan ambush. When i smelt the bottle cap, it was oh so gorgeous, but on my skin it just doesn't quite deliver.

obahnas
obahnas

I am a recent fan of Guerlain (and fragrance colkection in general), they are the reason behind me getting into collection.

My first experience with Guerlain was smelling LIDG, and I suddenly got hooked, then Homme Intense, then Homme Ideal and I became obsessed with Guerlain.

Strong citruses and bitter orange top note, then the tonka and almond take over for a long time, then comes the soft leather base that stays with you.

This spells class and personality with a slight hint of pretentiousness. I LOVE it.

perfumer s8
perfumer s8

عطر بدی نیست ولی خب برخلاف اسمش با ایده ال بودن فاصله داره .
در ابتدای کار بوی شیرین و غلیظ مربای البالو + بادام میده که خیلی مورد پسندم نبود اما هر چی زمان میگذره (با کمتر شدن اون شیرینی غلیظ و اضافه شدن وتیور) شیک تر میشه که متاسفانه در این زمان پخش چندانی نداره .
پخش و ماندگاریش هم با توجه به انتظاری که از گرلن میره خیلی خوب نیست

good fragrance
almond + cherry jam scent
sillage & longevity = moderate
6.5/10

ayktdmrl
ayktdmrl

Love the almond in it. Ideal for office use.

Monte84
Monte84

Just tested a sample of this from one of the decant websites. I didn't expect to like this nearly as much as I did. If you wear this you better be ready for compliments. I will be buying a bottle sometime this year!

cadilo
cadilo

Amazing fragrance! Love the amaretto note in it.

Asked my wife what scent she preferred between L'Homme Idéal and Dior Pour Homme; she chose the Guerlain fragrance.

I can see myself wearing it at the office (1 spray, no more!), at church or at a nice rendez-vous with my beautiful spouse.

Hats off to Mr. Wasser!

Mojtabaa
Mojtabaa

I can't call it ideal but it's a good, soft and modern formal scent. A good perfume with dominating soft almond note sweetened by tonka. Leather, vetiver and cedar balance the sweetness. If you focus on it you can smell orange blossoms and soft citrusy notes. It has a lovely soft leathery almondy drydown.
Do not expect a ground-breaking masterpiece, though it's a good choice for everyday, semi formal and formal usage.

نمی توانم این کار را ایده آل بنامم اما کاری است نسبتا خوب
کاری است ملایم، نرم، بی آزار و بالانس با رایحۀ غالب بادام که شیرینی تونکا به آن اضافه شده و چرم و سدر و وتیور شیرینی آن را متعادل نموده اند.
خوب که دقت کنید بوی شکوفۀ پرتقال و مرکبات را نیز حس خواهید کرد
وقتی که بوش باقی میمونه بنظر من جذاب تر میشه هرچند دیگه پخش قابل توجهی نداره.
همۀ نت ها رو تقریبا در این کار در مراحل مختلف حس کردم.
این کار مناسب تیپ های نسبتا رسمی و افراد ملایم پسند است. دیگه چیز خاصی نداره که بخوام بیشتر ازش تعریف کنم، به کارای تیری وازر نمیشه زیاد خرده گرفت، ترکیب کلی این کارش هم در نوع خودش بسیار خوبه و همنشینی نت ها در اون جالب توجه هست

sky blue
sky blue

I didn't expect it to be sooo good! This is so pleasant, IMHO one of the best recently launched men's fragrances, with a pleasant, gentle, sophisticated and sensual warm aura but not heavy or cloying, just perfect. Something like modern woody-aromatic, not in your face, not offensive but pleasantly floating around. Almond note gives it an interesting aromatic twist and tonka is soft and just lightly sweet, not too heavy. Lasting power on my SO is excellent with only one spray and it is an absolutely beautiful, very alluring scent for me.

KoceFF
KoceFF

Kinda like almondish weaker 1 milion. Not the same but it sure smels a like.

RBZ
RBZ

I disagree with all the negative reviews on here, this one is REALLY GOOD!

I really really don't like 1million or the likes but this one is fantastic. It performs like many parfums out there and it's a toilette! When sprayed on clothes, this can be detected weeks later - no joke!

The scent is great. To me, it's well worth the $ for what you get and smells/performs better than a lot of other much more expensive options.

OVERALL: 8/10

Onria
Onria

I am so surprised at all the hate here! wow, so shocked.

I gave this scent a crack and got an instant punch of sweetness, almost a sour sweetness with a nutty spicy backdrop.
In love with this! projection etc is varied, sometimes its quite weak but other times its there.

I do enjoy this, its quite different, yet again, I am finding that taking the reviews here with a grain of salt!
I would never purchase this based off reviews here, but after smelling, I went and purchased a bottle ;)

raef_sherif
raef_sherif

I would love to see this in a parfun concentration

elGonzo
elGonzo

The main negative issue with this one is its performance, that'd be its longevity and projection, no doubt about it.
Beside this aspect I (as many users I believe) found it overly sweet, not cloying but just a bit over the edge. On the other hand there is no question about its top quality ingredients: the amaretto acord (thanks to the kinda boozy tonka used) its just delicious, the citrusey neroli is also nicely done as also having a natural feeling to it.
I think theres no reason to be harsh here, it's Guerlain quality taking on the sweet gourmard territory, working best on close quarter occasions... and for sure it gets compliments.

-----------------------------------------------------------

El principal aspecto negativo de la fragancia es su rendimiento, esto sería su longevidad y proyección, no hay duda al respecto.
Junto a este aspecto la he encontrado (junto a muchos usuarios, creo) demasiado dulce, no empalagosa, pero sólo un poco por demás. Por otro lado no hay duda acerca de sus ingredientes de primera calidad: el acorde de amaretto (gracias a la tonka algo alcoholica utilizada) es simplemente delicioso, el neroli cítrico se siente natural y muy bien logrado en mi opinión.
Creo que no hay ninguna razón para atacar esta entrega, es simplemente calidad de Guerlain metiéndose en el territorio de lo gourmard, funcionando en cuanto a ocasiones más adecuadamente para primeros encuentros... además seguro el que lo use se lleve varios elogios.

charles_carmichael
charles_carmichael

I feel as though I've now had enough time to digest this fragrance to offer a proper reflection. So here it goes - this fragrance is neither as great as its proponents would have you believe, nor is it nearly as disappointing as its critics would argue. I find this fragrance to be a very strong designer release, albeit one that does not necessarily live up to Guerlain's lofty standards. But therein lies the problem - practically all fragrance lovers have unrealistic expectations of Guerlain at this point. Had this fragrance been released by Mugler, or Givenchy, or virtually any other designer house, I suspect it would be regarded as a minor triumph.

The top of this fragrance is punctuated by a slightly sticky orange blossom and bergamot-like note combination. This opening is very quickly replaced, however, by the centerpiece of the fragrance - an almost confectionery amaretto-like accord that fuses the aroma of unlit cherry pipe tobacco with the nutty richness of almond and tonka. While I find this accord to be a tad synthetic and perhaps a bit too sweet, it is very pleasant nonetheless. This cherry-almond-tonka combo ultimately takes a couple of hours to play itself out, and the drydown is a relatively nondescript swirl of smooth woodiness - the cedar and vetiver here do play a role in slowly absorbing the sweetness of the primary accord. The longevity for me is slightly above average (6-7 hours) with very average projection.

I've not been a huge fan of Thierry Wasser's work to date. That said, I am sympathetic to his position. I suspect that the role of head perfumer at Guerlain is akin to being the manager of Real Madrid - it simply isn't possible to meet expectations. Having snagged this one in the immediate aftermath of smelling Dior Sauvage and Versace Eros, I will say that L'Homme Ideal is still leagues better than the majority of designer masculines released in the past several years. Although it lacks the virtuoso yin-and-yang balance of Olivier Polge's Dior Homme (which was clearly an influence), this fragrance still emits a certain androgynous elegance that is often missing from today's designer benchmarks. Bottom line - not a masterpiece, but hardly a failure, either.

raiza1990
raiza1990

Spicy, bright and elegant. Something for a casual gentleman. understated sexy.
It is a nice fragrance, good for daytime occasions, like going out to eat or going shopping. i think it lacks personality to be called "the ideal man", but it is a well made fume.

Lucbyrnes
Lucbyrnes

Not so sure why so many are hating this. It's a well blended scent with good longevity. It is a bit sweet for my liking but that's fine, that's kind of the trend nowadays. I get the feeling most people wanted to dislike this before even giving it a proper chance. Pretty dumb if you ask me. It'll be funny in a few years when this gets reformulated to see all the folks hating on this now talking about how great it used to be.

For me, it's a solid 7/10.

It's a Guerlain and the quality is definitely there.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

Nope. Unfortunately. Another alluring bottle with disappointing content.

The opening is sweet and rubbery, some will find it "intoxicating" but it's not my cup of tea.
The middle notes are confusing.
And while you are expecting at least a decent dry down, a cosy base, drumroll, here comes rosemary. Strong, harsh rosemary, spiking your nostrils. No, sorry Guerlain. Then again, I am not a fan of monsieur Wasser. I steadily seem to enjoy the old compositions of the house.

Shayan.k
Shayan.k

عطری رسمی و جذاب که برای تیپ رسمی،یک قرار کاری یامهمانی بسیار مناسب است.در ابتدا مشخصا بوی مرکبات غالب است وطراوت مرکبات حرف اول را میزند.پس از گذشت مدتی کوتاه تونکا با آن بوی شیرین و دودی زیبا وشیک به همراه بادام احساس میشود که البته تندی رزماری و یک رایحه ی گلی را به همراه دارد.در ادامه رایحه ی شکوفه ی پرتقال قویتر شده و یک بوی صابونی را به همراه رزماری ایجاد میکند.ترنج که ترکیب روایح را تا نیمه ی راه همراهی کرده بود راه خود را جدا میکند.و در پایان یک حس صابونی که حاصل شکوفه ی پرتقال است به همراه بادام و تونکا که دیگر رمق گذشته را ندارد احساس میشود ،چوب سرو و چرم بسیار آهسته و پیوسته همسفر همیشگی عطر باقی میمانند و در انتها بیشتر قدرت خودنمایی پیدا میکنند.ترکیبات عطر دقیقا همین چیز هایی هست که ذکر شده وبه علت تغیرات زیادی که عطر از اول تا آخر میکنه خسته کننده نیست.به نظر من عطر بسیار جذابیست اما رسمی.و احتمالا به علت حس صابونی موجود در نوت نهایی مناسب سنین پایین به نظر نمیرسد.

domcho
domcho

This one is something incredible, strong but soft in the same time
Strong composition that makes you come back everyday to sniff once time, because there is some drug that call you to come :))))))))
Guerlain has many scents but everyone is something for old man, smells like Aftershave water, but not this one...its something INTER-Festing :))

mikemuscles21

I find it quite entertaining to watch public opinion sway.

When this fragrance first came out there was a backlash amongst the Guerlain lovers. The dislike bar here was long. Few admitted to liking this one.
Now you can see that there is a lot of love for this one. Perhaps not from Guerlains old school fans, but from people that have discovered it. Is public opinion that easily swayed?

As a big fan of Guerlain AND Thierry Wasser, I always liked this one. I can see how Guerlain fans wanted to see something more striking, like Habit Rouge etc. I love the older Guerlain flankers. BUT!, Life is not always what you expect it to be. Sometimes you have to stay open to ideas that you didn't expect without being disappointed. This one smells pleasant, and thus will appeal to a lot of people. Not everything needs to be ground breaking, exclusive, and unique all of the time. For those of us that want it, I am sure Guerlain will still continue to create their exclusive lines, for those of us that need it. (Myself included.) I reassure you, It's okay for some things to be generic, mass marketed, hyped, and pleasant smelling to everyone. That is a sign that it SMELLS GOOD. People will want to be around you because you SMELL GOOD.(Hopefully. -As long as you are not a complete A$%^#.LOL) It's okay to smell generic and pleasant sometimes.

Life is not always about wearing the most outstanding fragrance Oud, Civit, or Vetiver, etc you can find.

Sometimes you just want to smell good. I enjoy this scent.

wongkar
wongkar

received mine today !

and here's my thought :

if you're looking for something really subtle yet complex at the same time, you might want to try this.

the Almond and tonka bean are pretty dominant here. which gives you nice warm-sexy "clouds" around you. it's indeed a MODERN scent, apart from any other guerlain, this stands quite different. but it get the jobs done. it's pretty much safer in my opinion. A "safer" bet compared to Lidg or Lidge as an example. but still, you made it just right Guerlain !

Scores :

- Scent : 9 out of 10 (unique, sexy, warm, subtle yet complex)

- Longevity : 8 out of 10 (based on my experience, Guerlain will get good results in terms of performance)

- Projection : not too loud yet not too soft. just perfect for this kind of scent. become skin scent in 3-4 hours or so.

- Silage : nice "clouds" trail.

- Versatility : 8 out of 10. i can see myself wearing this from casual to well dressed occasion.

overall : another great releases from Guerlain !

suggestion : Definitely a Buy from me.

Regards

K1
K1

Aquatic, appetizing, Chanel Égoïste-like opening based on rosemary and bitter orange and coumarin. The heart immediately arrives and the fragrance sets in nutty woodsy leather. Ideal is an overdose of coumarin accord with yummy feature that attracts. It's made to charm! I'm not sure if I'm the only one this around who gets saline marine tones of ambergris in base.

Ideal is a typical perfume you get nothing special in when you go through but it shows the magical power of coumarin when you're not aware. Every time I wore this I've got compliments or been asked for this. Simply effective manly cologne.
★★★

شروع آکواتیک، خوشمزه و شبیه شنل اگوئیست از نت رزماری و نارنج و لوبیای تونکا. قلب این عطر سریعا رو کار میاد و اصل هویت عطر با بوی بادام و چوبی رقم میخوره. آیدیال اُوردوز مادۀ کومارین هست (این ماده به وفور توی لوبیای تونکا وجود داره) و نتهای خوشمزه هست و به همین خاطر جذاب به نظر میرسه. این عطر برای جذبه ساخته شده! مطمئن نیستم که آیا فقط من اینجا هستم که توی لایۀ آخر بوی عنبر (عنبرسائل ماده ای هست که از نهنگ دفع میشه و ربطی به امبر یا کهربا نداره) حس میکنم؟

آیدیال عطری معمولی هست که ممکنه هیچ چیز خاصی ازش دریافت نکنین وقتی میرین تو بحرش، اما درست وقتی که حواستون بهش نیست قدرت جادویی کومارین رو نشونتون میده. هر وقت این رو روی دستم تست کردم یا ازم پرسیدن یا تعریف کردن از بوش. یه عطر ساده و تاثیرگذار.
★★★

nektarvektor
nektarvektor

I received this fragrance as a gift from my grandma. This is my first Guerlain. By doing some research, I learned that it is an extremely influential house with many groundbreaking frangrances.

This is my first fragrance that is not "fresh," "citrusy," or "sporty." At the age of 25 and living abroad in Japan, where fragrance usage is not as common as where I am from, I was a little hesitant on using this gourmand woody scent, as it was a little out of my comfort zone and I was afraid that people around me would be repulsed by it.

Now the weather is cooler and this scent smells a-mazing. I learned the best way to wear this frangrance for myself - instead of on the shirt, just one spray on my chest before I wear my suit. And oh man, the projection is just right for me when used this way, and it smells really comforting! The scent develops well on my skin. Fresh at the very start but goes into the sweet and woody body quickly. The amaretto, sweet but done well with class and not cloying. Gourmand, woody, aromatic but with a sense of youth in it. I find myself pretty confident with this fragrance now and I feel classy! Occasionally giving my inner shirt a sniff to smell the goodness. The sillage is great. I can still smell it in the afternoon or even when I take off my suit after getting home from work.

I do agree that the scent reminds me of Dior PH. Both scents have that sweetness and class. L'Homme Ideal smells younger to me though.

tl;dr: without prior knowledge or expectation of the house, this scent is great after I learned how to use it right for myself. ameretto, sweet done right, classy with a hint of youth and great sillage. great for cooler days, work or date. very happy with it! my grandma has great taste!

smt
smt

راستش خیلی وقته دیگه با تست کارای گرلن سورپرایز نمیشم ، نه بدلیل اینکه کارای معمولی ارائه میده بلکه بدلیل اینکه تو تمام تولیداتش از مواد اولیه مرغوب و کیفیت ساخت بالا برخورداره ، همین موضوع باعث میشه حتی اگه رایحه ش با سلیقه بویاییم جور نباشه از کیفیت بالا و خوش ساخت بودنشون مطمئن باشم

استارت کار منو یاد شروع طوفانی وان میلیون انداخت ، بوی شبه آلبالو با تم خفیفی از تلخی بادام گونه که بسیار دوست داشتنی هستش

این آکورد آلبالویی حاصل ترکیب شیرینیه تونکا با همراهی عطر شاداب شکوفه پرتقال و مرکبات هستش که متاسفانه عمر کوتاهی داره

دو سه دقیقه بعد بوی بادام قدرت میگیره و کم کم میاد که رایحه غالب عطر بشه و تلخی سنگین و مردونه ایی بوجود میاره و بوی شکوفه پرتقال و شیرینی خفیف تونکا تو پس زمینه اونو همراهی میکنن

با گذر زمان بوی بادام اون قدرت اولیه ش رو از دست میده و باعث میشه شیرینی سنگین تونکا رایحه غالب عطر بشه که با اضافه شدن تلخی چرم مقداری بالانس میشه اما باز تونکا رایحه غالب هستش و بقیه نتها تو بک گراند کار حضور دارن

تو رایحه پایانی و اضافه شدن وتیور یه مقدار حالت چوبی خاکی به خودش میگیره وتا پایان ادامه میده

آیدیل رو تو مجالس رسمی و با لباس رسمی استفاده کنین
ماندگاریش حدود ۶ -۷ ساعت هست و متاسفانه پخش متوسطی داره
سن استفاده ترجیحا ۳۰ سال به بالا ، مناسب فصول سرد سال

Fraichey
Fraichey

I'm really surprised at this, because the 1st time I tried it I thought it was just OK, but now I think it's really amazing.

Earlier, I thought I'd spray some on a card and had a quick whiff of the card which was OK, but some of the spray got on my hand. 20 minutes later I noticed an amazing aroma from my hand and I knew straight away that L'Homme Ideal was a winner.

No, it's not groundbreaking, but there's something about that grabs your attention with it's cherry'ish sweetness. And for me there's something really nostalgic about it that smells somewhat familiar in the best way.

Usually, sweet fragrances don't do much for me, but I like L'Homme Ideal a lot.

silver217
silver217

This is a very sophisticated blend of sweet and masculine notes. One of the favourites on my wishlist.

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Citrus and cocoa and oud, oh my! Luscious hint of Guerlinade. Better than L'Instant.

Beaufort

Vulgar Dr Pepper offering.
Chemicals from the food and flavour industry.
Cheap and nasty.

tijgetje
tijgetje

Nice parfume for daytime. Fresh but also a bit sweet. At first I smell the orange blossom and almond. Tonkabean also...I think it's a parfume you don't smell a lot. So, to me very interesting. As all the Guerlain parfumes it's a natural smell. On every skin it will develop uniquely. Sillage good and power good.

Love the bottle and piramid of this parfume. As Thierry say's: for a beautyful and intelligant men. Suits my guy ;-)

If you watch the last video above, he is talking about vanilla, patchoulli. Witch I don't see in the list above. I think I did smell the patchoulli on my hubby's skin :-) so that was what confused me.

adrian.meeks.35
adrian.meeks.35

Let me just say Im glad i only paid $40 for a 1.6oz bottle because anything over that price would be highway robbery! I champion the house of Guerlain as much as i can to people and still will BUT" if asked about the latest fragrance from that house well that's where this gets a little dicey. This scent should have never been born giving that you just put a Awesome fragrance in Habit Rouge Dress Code or even Royal Santal but this has nothing to do with nothing this scent has no character no direction. Its doesn't and want stand you out in a crowd, its not an awful fragrance but its not a ground breaker either. Its just a run of tha mill cologne....and yes I'm disappointed in this one! This will be re-gifted for a family member!!

NicheMaster29
NicheMaster29

Ok I'm taking my time with this one... This fragrance is super good. I don't like or write biased reviews really unless it's a total fail but that rare for me..Anyways. I think I have identified a new note that I really like. That's almond.
I feel in general this fragrance is pretty sweet.
The spices are really soft but are there supporting the almond.
I want to say I detect hints of Amber, but it's the way the citrus is done and all the notes are over all blended very very well. This is a balanced frag with great longevity and average silage, the smell is super nice and safe.
I blind bought it and just got it today so this is just a first impression. It's lasting on me great and evolves the same scent but with a masculine end.. Very worth the try and imo blind buy safe and office safe.
Overall I rate this 8/10

chetan719
chetan719

this is the guerlain house. hatsoff. class in a bottle. im having 170 perfumes. this comes in top 10 among them as per my choice. i repeat, as per my choice. those who are planning to blind buy, go ahead. u wudnt dissapoint at all.

aromapoetry
aromapoetry

I find the top and middle notes quite common with other mainstream perfumes. However, after two or so hours the perfume reaches its base notes with faded citrus hinting at a velvety leather scent. Absolutely sensual.

samuelgustav
samuelgustav

First of all, I don't have this one, but have sample it a couple of times, not sure why I don't have it, it's fantastic, love this smell, not very "in your face" but very elegant.
The first minutes a little bit sharp, then it develops beautifully.
Definably on my "to buy" list :)

VILFI
VILFI

To me it smells like a very generic wood with some sweetness. Nothing makes it stand out. Smells good but if I would have wanted this I'd rather go for something stronger like DHI.

Casiquire
Casiquire

Another Wasser creation that gets a lot of hate. Its overall impression seems like a departure for Guerlain, but the concept is right in their court and the execution is very nice. It opens with an almond accord and more than a hint of cherry; I assume that's not listed in the notes because it would scare men away. Almond and tonka are the most obvious notes and it is sweet, which is why it gets compared to some Muglers and Spicebomb, but this smells quite unique. There is a good dose of orange blossom and once the sweetness blast quickly dies down the leather and cedar pop out.

Despite all the sweetness, the cedar and leather are so dry in texture thanks to some synthetics that the smell itself is very interesting and quite different from other fragrances.

The base is where the tonka starts to come out more and its gentle vanilla texture tries to balance the harsh cedar and leather but if the Guerlinade were stronger I think that goal would be achieved perfectly. Just a tiny bit more and the fragrance would be just right, in my opinion.

Very nice warm scent with good projection and great longevity. A crowd-pleaser, yes, but with enough interest to please the wearer as well.

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

a nice and longlasting with moderate projection sweet frangrance.it smells a good perfume for men
سمپل ارجینال این کار موجوده..طالبین پیام خصوصی بدهد

svw
svw

This is good perfume but not all that great or ground breaking....sweet and boozy too

its quiet ideal for day/night and projects well too...a lady killer though.If you looking for a matured sweet smell,this could easily be it.I think the edp version would be best

I highly recommend it for people who do not want to use perfumes that smell so common like 1 million...this has some class to it

4 stars

miletto
miletto

Bold,warm,addictive,cozy,and with Guerlainish DNA indeed.

Top quality!

Mosschops
Mosschops

MAGNIFICO! This is such a sweet, scrumptious lil' number. I've been after a fragrance with a strong almond note for ages, and this sensual little beauty does the trick nicely. It's a mature, smooth, soft, warming fragrance that to me is suited to either day or night-time. It's communicates a man who's not insecure that he has to pound his masculinity down people's throat with a powerhouse frag - but worn by a guy who has the quiet confidence of humility and class.

(Note: if you dig the likes of Thierry Mugler's A*Men Pure Malt / Pure Havane, then you'll likely love this).

regretto
regretto

Don't understand why so many dislike on this, for me it's a classy, elegant, sweet and mature fragrance..without being old , grand pa scent. I confused with people who said this is synthetic -generic, it's so smooth , warm, complex in many good way.You can wear it on a date, offíce, or outdoor activity.One of nicest Woody, almond and tonka fragrances ,got many compliment from girls.Longevity is good not great i've got 6 hours and i live in warm weather (above 30 C)
8.5/10

6opar
6opar

When i finally got the chance to try l'homme ideal one frustrating and scary thought cut through - so does this mean that the age of standardization has reached its peak? Or could it be that it's just starting to explore its huge potential? Both questions represent a perfume fan's nightmare, a world where even Guerlain fits into the safe requirements/policy of today's fragrance's best practices.
Yep, a good exploration on "not what we need, but what we deserve" theme.
Fruity top, some sweetness in the middle, and woods to bottom it up. And we're good.
I hope Guerlain's future is more interesting than this.
And while i respect having standards in society and at work, when it comes to art sticking to them is hardly impressive. At least if you're going to do that, try and make a quality product. This is just cheap, boring, and short-lived.
*(****)

Knightofwands
Knightofwands

I'm not sure why L'Homme Ideal is getting hate.
I think it's a beautiful and unique scent and one that I'm sure to buy again and again.
I have a fairly large collection of over 80 bottles in my wardrobe, and when I spray this on myself after using other quality scents, I know that this perfume is a Guerlain all the way!
No mistaking the quality, richness, originality and sheer magic of this house in L'Homme Ideal .
For me, Guerlain stands at the top of the fragrance world, and, from an iconic house with such a solid reputation and following, this fragrance is a daring and adventurous addition.
Don't strangle the baby at birth. This really deserves a chance!

Lex Ellis (YouTube Channel) does a great and amusing video review on this. Well worth viewing and subscribing :-)

lollero
lollero

Really sweet from the start, almost too sweet so I thought I wouldn't like it. Somehow though the freshness and citrus came trough and it started smelling very pleasing. I can still smell it clearly the next day, this is a very long lasting fragrance, it's been over 12 hours since aplying and still it's going strong. I think the smell of the cologne version is better but that lasts about 4 hours tops. Also, the bottle is really gorgeous and elegant, I think it looks even classier than the dior homme line.

meysam vazifeh
meysam vazifeh

ideal is not a sexy , lovable & young . besides, in fact it is very official very sweet and in the end definitely masculine .

Smells of bitter almonds , Tonka Bean and also leather
they makes Dark sweet and very hot case.

عطر جدیدی هست از گرلن ولی این بار کاملا متفاوت
برخلاف بیشتر عطرهایی که از این برند تست یا خریداری کردم
آیدل یه عطر سکسی و جذاب و جوان پسند نیست

میتونم این عطر رو در 3 عبارت خلاصه کنم

بی نهایت مردانه
کاملا رسمی
شیرین و سنگین

وقتی تست رو شروع کنید شاید اولش یه بوی میوه ای رو حس خواهید کرد که شادابه ولی در عرض یه چشمک زدن ناپدید میشه

بعد از 1 دقیقه نت های عطر کاملا واضح خودشونو نشون میدند
لوبیای تونکا و بادام تلخ شروع طوفانی رو خواهند داشت
که با زمان نسبتا کمی چرم هم به این دو رایحه اضافه میشه

و در این لحظه عطر حالتی تاریک بسیار گرم شیرین و سنگین کمی تلخ خواهد داشت .

تنها عطری که حاوی بادام تلخ باشه و تونسته نظر منو جلب کنه عطرپگاسوس ازمارلی بوده که ترکیبش باوانیل رو خیلی دوست دارم

ولی در این عطر شیرینی از تونکا نشاّت میگیره
و طوریه که اگه از نزدیک بوش کنید شامتونو خیلی اذیت میکنه . چون به شدت تنده و گرمه و حالتی رو براتون به وجود میاره که انگار نمیتونید نفس بکشید

درمرتبه اول تونکا و دوم بادام تلخ رایحه های غالب عطرهستند

تا 1 ساعت اول پخش بوش فوق العادست ولی بعد از اون افت میکنه

در نت های پایانی عطر بوی رزماری همراه بادام و تونکا
یه بوی کمی شیرین و ملایم وکمی خاص رو به وجود میارند

در کل از نظر من بالای 30 سال برای مردا مناسبه
و اگر از عطرای خیلی شیرین و تند و تاریک خوشتون میاد
یه تستی داشته باشید

rob2b

I adore this and it's so gourmand that I want to drink it!!
On my skin, it is a delicate vanilla/amber, scented with almond.
The citrus at the opening is light and almost imperceptible and quickly gives way to the other notes.
I own other Guerlain fragrances, (Héritage EDT, Habit Rouge EDP and Vetiver EDT) and think this sits comfortably alongside those, with its sweet and delicious Guerlinade base.

I got about 12 hours from this and was also impressed with the sillage.

Go4broke
Go4broke

I am amazed that in just a year or so of production this fragrance has so many reviews. I am also amazed to note that no-one has yet likened it to Viktor & Rolf's Spicebomb.the opening are very different, Ideal is softer, tangier and less sweet, and the drydown comes quickly but once its there, I am instantly reminded of Viktor & Rolfs creation. That's not a bad thing, Spicebomb is a very good scent, but Guerlain L'homme Ideal has something extra there. Something in the background. I like it very much, will wear it often, and no doubt will buy it again. 8.5/10

Gokhanburak53
Gokhanburak53

I like Guerlain's attempt to make modern fragrances but this one is for me an unsuccessful attempt... I get similar synthetic vibe as I get in the Carolina Herrera V.I.P men like air/car freshener & laundry detergent smell and also thats not the quality you expect from Guerlain, sillage is average and longevity is not great, I get 2-3 hours on my skin then it fades.

loonad
loonad

Bought this for my husband. I love it on him and he wears it very proudly. He loves his first Guerlain and I find that this is very long lasting on him and it suits winter.

sumandre
sumandre

This is one of the longest lasting fragrances on the planet. I sprayed it on Sunday, backof hand. Due to nature of my job, I wash them at least ten timesdaily. Could still smell it Tuesday.

nszlufik
nszlufik

Rich scent. Too much Almondy-sweetness for me - nutty smells arent anything I enjoy. Scent holds well and projects well too. People will love it or hate it, not much in between on this one. It is unique, unlike the aquatic or citrus-fresh 'sport' categories everyone so easily enjoys. And yet Id still take that over this. This isnt Bad on Guerlain, it just isnt as universally accepted due to its nutty/sweetness- kinda similar to peoples view of Oud.

A.H7
A.H7

Simply smells Soo CLEAN for me . Fresh and unique from the house .
Women Love it :]

xionoula
xionoula

First snif comes amareto smell of almonds very intence... even though i am woman i would love to wear it. So its on my list to buy..!! :-)

rob2b

I simply don't understand people who say this doesn't last. I put it on at 8:30 before walking into the office and it was still there - and noticeably projecting - when I left at 5:30pm.
I adore this fragrance. I usually wear orientals and heavy woods, but this stuff is quite magical to me. Every time it has hit my nose during the day, I have been delighted by the vast vanilla-like base, with its delicious almond scent.
If Guerlain lose some of their grumpy complaining older customers, perhaps that's a good thing. In the process, they'll gain some happy and delighted ones like me.

maab

Consider that Guerlain is no longer an independent company. Now it is a mark over LVMH. Therefore the interests and objectives are different ...

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Guerlain is my favorite house. But there is no getting around it, this one is disappointing. My take on it is that it's a bit too mainstream. No WOW! factor at all. It's Guerlain merely filling a market expectation, but not redefining it or doing anything really new.

It's nice, but I don't expect or want nice from Guerlain - I expect more.

It goes on "yummy"; the almond notes are certainly there. It disappears pretty quickly on my skin. In fact, longevity is awful.

This one has me wondering, if you like almonds why not find a bottle of Givenchy Pi in a Ross and get about the same thing for less?

arteditors
arteditors

mainstream and needed to support the house. totally understandable. it's ok not a bad choice. longevity is an issue. not long. sillage is good. a lure for new audience to a great house like guerlain.

ddadam
ddadam

Oh no, such a pity. Anyway, i believe it is supported by the mainstream wish, but this is not a nice frag.

OldFactoryCents
OldFactoryCents

All of these Guerlain "purists" make me laugh. If you don't like it, that's fine, just don't hate it because "it's not like the other Guerlain's". In this industry it's adapt or die and it appears that Guerlain is attempting to reach a greater audience; can you really blame them? This stuff is still quality (in my opinion) and I quite enjoy it, but never would I compare it to another previous Guerlain creation.

Thumbs up from me.

carera

I have noted that this perfume have all this comment in love or hate must have success. From my side love it.

lccoimbra
lccoimbra

Unlike other fragrances from Guerlain, with L’Homme Ideal you won't smell like a grampa. Maybe that's why this is so hated.

Sillage: 9/10

Josep

I remember the old Gucci pour Homme but without the incense. Not a bad scent but it has nothing to do with what was done previously by guerlain (when I say above I mean before being bought by LV). But it is masculine, warm and inviting. Good sillage and longevity and get some compliments.

Moonchild1985
Moonchild1985

Very first Guerlain scent I don't find "old-manish".
Nice spicy frag for spring, but quite boring (as "not outstanding") no real evolution, quite linear and so far the performance is meh to me.. I'll give it a few more tries and I might update later.

LerouxC
LerouxC

A very average, sweet scent from Guerlain. Quite disappointing.

I have average to semi moist skin and medium dark in skin tone and I only get 5 hours longevity which is very poor for a Guerlain.

Sillage is virtually non existent so I wont even bother about giving my view on projection. Dont waste your money on this scent. Smells so synthetic that one would think its an Axe deodorant if you should smell it on someone else.

axlebart
axlebart

This scent obviously gets a lot of hate. Not sure why. There are many generic high street and designer fragrances that are awful, but this is one that you can find in a department store that stands up amongst the best. It's well balanced and has a distinctive profile. It's a sweet and slightly powdery frag and I wouldn't recommend this for a real tough guy. That doesn't mean to say you have to be in an emo band - it's more of a sophisticated smell, but could be worn by college students to working professionals. I can see this working as a 'club' scent but see it in it's element on a casual summers day. That's the word I first thought when I sprayed it: 'Summer'. So it suprised me to see it hasn't been rated highly in that department. Yes cedar dominates the base note, which turns almost patchouli and leather like on the dry down, but it has a definite citrus profile at the top. Middle notes include almond and grapefruit IMO. On reflection it could probably be worn throughout the year. If I had to compare this to another frag I'd pitch it somewhere in between Aqua Di Parma - Essenza and Yves Saint Laurent - La Nuit de L'homme. This is a solid frag, by a great house, at a decent price.

iMaverick
iMaverick

Geez Loueez! What the heck is this? I thought was something that tried to masquerade as a Guerlain and failed!

I don't mind Tonka, but I lean more towards and amber and vanilla for that sweeter creaminess in a scent. Tonka adds a spiciness that jolts my nose into sickness, especially when there is a deep musk in there with it.

It begins as a Tonka with sweet floral and caramelly notes, and my head keeps thinking yuck and yuck all the time. I'm thinking club scent, I wanna be like PR One Million without being too obvious about it. Move 20-30 minutes ahead, the Tonka subsides and so does my aversion to this scent. It's sweet and floral, but drawing out of the base is that Guerlain feel--woody and with Guerlain's musky vanilla. It becomes comfortable, sensual and sexy. The overconfidence in the beginning of the scent was a little overdone, or perhaps underdone, lacking a note to counter the Tonka avalanche.

Longevity is better than most scents out there, it carries a decent sillage and doesn't part the room.

This review is from a spray sample from the Guerlain boutique in Paris. Will I buy a full bottle? Only if I'm bored of everything else out there and have a little cash to burn. If I care to have more of it, I think I'll settle for a spray decant. It won't be an obsessive everyday wearing for me.

thoushaltnotdefy
thoushaltnotdefy

Absolutely loved this until one day whilst wearing it a guy near me said to his friend that he could smell Amaretto, his friend then agreed.
I always got a mild Disaronno smell from this but I didn't think it was that obvious, I don't want to be walking around smelling of alcohol, unwearable for me from now on.

Lesser
Lesser

I really love Guerlain, and this one just makes me love the house even more.

I got my hands on a sample of this, and tried it out...

So what do I get out of this fragrance?
I really nice sweet almondy and tonka scent. Maybe just a bit to sweet for my taste. The rosemary and citrus have their play ind the background along with the orange blossom. I also get a sweet candy like berry note?

I would say that this scent even though it is called "The ideal man" it isn't really a very masculin scent. But the ladies tend to like these sweet frags.

Overall Rating 7/10

/x/

3ood
3ood

A delicious irresistible gourmande perfume yet fresh at the same time.
I just can't explain it but you will know once you try it .
By the way , it doesn't smell generic to me.

jozemo
jozemo

I made a purchase of this fragrance at the duty shop at airport , sprayed it on my wrist and thru out my travel the sweet and modern smell was quite nice, nothing special but I enjoy the scent overall, 4 to 6 hours on skin ,8 hours if sprayed on clothing.I applaud Guelain for taking a risk with this fragrance ,because there are a lot of colognes on the market with this type of desert based fragrances , but this one sets it self apart from the others, the sillage is great as well as the longevity,perhaps a little linear perhaps, but it suits me fine,and that is all that matters.

Bbjr
Bbjr

@pronose, not sure how this is a shame for Guerlain when it appears there are people who actually like this fragrance. My guess is they sell an awful lot of this and rubbish typically doesn't sell well in the stores.

bnicholasboo
bnicholasboo

No clue why people hate this. This is a great scent. scents either smell good or they don't. Nobody has ever told me I smell generic, synthetic, signer or niche. They just say "you smell good". Can we stop being fragrance hipsters? Geez.

Yayatan
Yayatan

I'm a girl and I think that this would be what I would buy for my boyfriend if I have one. Wouldn't mind a man smelling like this!

libou
libou

Une merveille sent extrement bon et dure + de 12 heures sur ma peau. @ zerosliver: la longévité est très bien dure plus de 12 heures ;-)

dessso
dessso

I think "Sweet Boy" would be more appropriate name than "L’Homme Ideal" :)

grug
grug

I think people are rushing to judge this one and aren't giving it the time it needs. Yeah, it's not groundbreaking and does play to the current trend of sweet tonka fragrances. But.....it plain smells great and is of great quality. It's well blended, performs well and is definitely one of the better of this genre. As for it's place in the house of Guerlain, the more I wear it, the more it feels like a Guerlain, particularly in the context of more recent offerings - l'instant, homme and even heritage. Perhaps the name sets this up for disappointment? In any case, as others have said, this is simply a fragrance for those wishing to smell good, not to obsess over and analyse. There's more than enough of those out there already.

blackflower
blackflower

It is hard to understand some comments about this scent, one of the best releases of recent years, extremely sexy and modern. Is not a perfume just to smell good but also to wash the spirit! Meditative and beautiful that leaves us shrouded in mystery, in silence and peace.

voltaire
voltaire

Absolutely ordinary , rejected..like killing a famous brand !

Jay T
Jay T

Je aime les associés aux ventes à la boutique Guerlain à Toronto, mais ce est très amusant à regarder se tortiller quand je ai dit que cette cologne sent comme Givenchy Pi, ou pire, Joop! Man. Il doit être difficile d'entendre que lorsque vous travaillez pour une telle société légendaire, lol!

deja vu-gr
deja vu-gr

Too sweet for me but the worse thing is that nothing reminds me the quality of Guerlain's perfumes. There are many other scents of this superb house that are by far better choices. This one just is not for me.

williamvargas
williamvargas

There is a huge market for men who just want to smell great. They are not the buyers that want to sniff out 50 different samples to figure out which fragrance to buy. It is not their highest priority in life. I know because I was just like that. I always wanted to smell great to others around me but not having to wear the old aftershaves I could buy at the drug store growing up. This is very pleasant fragrance with above average longevity. Ideal will garner you compliments, it did for me testing it out. It might not be the one for the most discriminating fragrance enthusiast but seldom are. At least long term. I have no problem with Guerlain making a fragrance that will sell well for them in upscale department stores, boutiques or on line sales companies. I say more power to them. I know what it is designed for. Guerlain has obviously seen the success of Chanel's Bleu and other notable perfumers offerings. They see the huge market for the man who wants to smell great at work or out and about . It is a versatile fragrance and could be easily a signature scent. Might be a brilliant move to introduce Guerlain to customers that may not have been exposed to such a great company yet. The bottle is gorgeous imo. If it is out on the counter at Nordstrom's or Macy's you just know the customer is going to pick up the bottle and spray it. I feel Guerlain is not abandoning what made them a stand apart fragrance company with this creation . They still are and I know they will continue to bring us some more creative offerings . This is just simply good business for them. It helps them keep a good bottom line. I want Guerlain to be profitable so they can keep on perfuming. Maybe their market share is shrinking a bit as many new Niche companies pop up? We are seeing some of the more main stream companies expanding their offerings into the higher end arena. They are striving for Guerlain's customers. all's fair in love and fragrance. . thumbs way up to Guerlain as a fragrance company.. I wish them continued success.

mehrdad

با احترام
گالری عطر مهرداد

mntsrck
mntsrck

Smell way better than any other mainstream frag out there like one million or any other. And this thing last for ages. Great fragrance from guerlain. Seriously I don't know why all the hate and it does smell guerlain to me. And for those that think this smells like A*men you're an idiot.

mikemuscles21

I don't care what all of you say. I love this fragrance just like I love there old ones. It might be trendy but who cares. How bold of them to make a trendy fragrance that everyone against trendy fragrances will dislike. That in and of itself is bold.
Although Derby and Arsene Lupin Voyou are my favorites. Not everything has to be as classical as HR or Vetiver. Everything changes.

alex-kostas
alex-kostas

the name of the perfume is just this !!!! the man who wear it is the man of my life and every time i smell it on him i fell in love again and again !!! really masculine and quite sexy !!!! an excellent present for him !

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Before finally getting a sample (I don’t really hang out in perfume shops) I read a lot of reviews about this, mostly negative, but I was quite sure I would have like this the same, even taking into account its mediocrity, as I admit I have a bit of a “penchant” sometimes for mainstream scents with this type of pyramid – I mean: woods, leather, Guerlain, in the worst scenario it will be just ok. Well, I was disappointed: L’Homme Ideal is less than mediocre for me. Basically it smells of spicy-sweet wood, something reminding of a couple of late (shit) Gucci's, a thin note of synthetic leather, vetiver, a sprinkle of citrus and not much else. A generic spicy-fresh “boisé” to any extent similar to others which you may find at cheaper prices, as much pleasant as uninspired and dull. What disappointed me the most is the actual quality of materials, as far as I can tell: this smells just utter plastic to me. I won’t say it is hideous however, as it isn’t, it obviously smells “decent” in the less fulfilling and interesting meaning ever (artificial, static, linear, in a word: exceedingly boring). The thing in my opinion is that this is stuff Burberry or Ferrari would do, not bloody Guerlain. It’s a “Christmas perfect gift” for your 20-something brother which works at the gym and is running out of 1 Million. Zillions of miles away from a scent standing on the same shelf as Habit Rouge, Vetiver, Derby, Mouchouir de Monsieur, not to mention the glorious feminines or I’ll start to cry. Unworthy its price per se, and surreally depressing for being a Guerlain. For whom may think this represents Guerlain’s ability of taking a “trend” and giving it a “Guerlain’s treatment”: hell not. Where’s the treatment? I only see the (bad) trend.

4,5-5/10

döfä91
döfä91

I'm a bit confused about so many negative reviews here... Anyway:

The Guerlains get all the time better as they have Thierry Wasser as a house perfumer. There was a time i didn't find anything to wear from Guerlain except Heritage.

L'homme l'eau Boisee was a nice surprise, and Idole is even bigger positive experience. An instant favourite of mine and my wife. It's the almond (amaretto) that makes this fragrance, but thanks orange blossom, rosemary and vetiver the scent has its needed herbal freshness and crispiness that add certain edge and won't get too sweet and cloying.

This is all that i wanted L'instant de Guerlain Homme to be but what it never was.

Zerosliver

@libou: t'es sur? Projection a disparu après 5 heures. A mon peau après 7-8 heurs. Plus des tests son nécessaires pour moi.

onlymynoseknows
onlymynoseknows

I had a sample of this fragrance and its terrible. It gives me headache and you need to take a long shower to get rid of this annoying fragrance. It smells like expired amaretto with an annoying alcohol smell.

Zerosliver

The perfect man, but is this the perfect fragrance?

Words can not describe how impressed I was by Guerlain after smelling Insolence parfum(women). LIDG smelled bad to me on paper, but I never tried it on my skin. Same thing for L'Homme Ideal.
Untill I got a sample.. I tried it on and found the drydown to be amazing.
There are two downsides to this fragrance though 1) Diehard Guerlain cultists will hate the modern vibe of this fragrance 2)the longevity and projection are mediocre.

Because of the bad performance I won't purchase this, so I summarise as follows:
Scent: 8.25/10
Projection: 5/10

Disclaimer: don't own the fragrance, got a sample which I tried twice on my skin.

alvin.tan.wx
alvin.tan.wx

There are two kinds of reviews here. One, those coming from diehard Guerlain fans expecting a majestic, opulent, "classical" perfume. Of course, for these reviewers, L'Homme Ideal smells generic and an utter disappointment.

For the other group of people who have probably never smelled any Guerlain, it smells lovely. Why? Because L'Homme Ideal is very much about replicating the energetic, aromatic-woodiness and projection power you get out of Bleu de Chanel, One Million type of perfumes that has become such a hit among the younger customers. These group of customers are looking for something that smells good to themselves and to the ladies that they want to impress and attract.

Personally, I think this is a very well-blended perfume that tries to create its own take on a few trends: the energetic and dynamism created by vigorous molecules (Bleu de Chanel), the sugar overload trend (One Million, Spicebomb), and the gourmand trend (any of the Muglers). Guerlain is a majestic perfume house with a venerable history, but years of mismanagement has squandered their legacy and they have failed to capture the modern customer, to offer products that appeal to their sensibility.

This smells nothing like Pure Havane or One Million or Bleu de Chanel. It's much better than any of them. Is it groundbreaking? No. Does it smell good? Yes. Is it a classical Guerlain? No. Guerlain has to move with the times to create perfumes that appeal to customers of its day and I think this has been a very good effort to do that, which they have not been able to do with its Guerlain Homme range nor its L'instant de Guerlain series.

For the sake of Guerlain, I do hope that this will boost sales and draw in new customers so that Guerlain contines to create great scents for a long time to come.

Scent: 7.5/10 (the amaretto accord is very distinct, but I find the aromatic woody category quite generic in male perfumery )

Sillage and Projection: 8/10 (yes, people will smell you. This is a autumn/winter scent, but I can see it working for summer nights)

Longevity: 7/10 (decent, it lasted about 5-6 hours on my skin)

Verdict: Is this worth trying? Yes. Is this full-bottle worthy? I am thinking of getting the 50ml as I live in a warm climate, so not many opportunities to wear this. But I'll wear this over any A*Men perfume or One Million anytime.

iammyping
iammyping

What can I say. If You like sweet vanilla-alamond-ish scents-this will propably be something for You.I put Ideal on my wrist something like four hours ago.Scent is still there,unfortunatelly.Because to be honest it reminds me of my parfume Nemesis- the horrid A*men. Too much,too sweet.Noxious.Tiring.

GRAF
GRAF

A masterpiece, this is what it’s all about. I do not understand the negative reviews for this outstanding scent. It is one of my favorite scents, very sensual, young and modern. It is a super-nice sweet masculine fragrance, balanced and stable in a half an hour to the end. The longevity is superb and the sillage is enormous. It is one of the best scents I’ve ever had or smell. I like how people keep saying to me 'you smell so good' and I know that this fragrance is superior from dozens of scents that I had. If I’ll buy it again? Definitely, without second thought the big bottle next time. I’m addicted...

psychoskip
psychoskip

I enjoyed this scent, however, it's hard for me to place exactly what it is I like about about.

After you spray it, the Amaretto is prominent, it dries does fairly nicely into a more subtle amaretto/almond combination, and I get a slight hint of cherry. My only complaint is longevity, which it does not seem to last long on me.

Overall, I like it.

gatsby
gatsby

why Guerlain wants to follow the Gucci's death way?? With this kind of "masterpiece" wannabe you can go anywhere but wrong! Cheap, imitative, banal, with lack of personality and soul! The name is also annoying, disgratious and so unreal: who the f*ck wants an "ideal" man beside? No one! For the simply reason it does not exists and thanks God for that.
I m a Guerlain products lover but this one is a mess.

cytherian
cytherian

Mass appeal.

Like Bleu de Chanel, L'Homme Ideal aims for the masses. This is an extremely EASY going fragrance. No curiosities, no challenges. Just your basic semi-sweet woody fragrance, with a vanilla impression (from the tonka bean), some almonds for a hint of amaretto, and a little bit o' leather. If you were drinking Disaronno Amaretto and spilled some on your shirt, you've got L'Homme Ideal.

CUT TO COMMERCIAL.

Woman: "I'll have a Disaronno on the rocks, please."
Bartender: "Disaronno... coming up..." (as he gazes at her)

-- The bartender pulls out his L'Homme Ideal, sprays it liberally over the top of his hand, then stretches it out towards the woman, inviting a sniff.
-- The woman doesn't bat an eye, but starts to make a slight grin as she gazes down at his hand then back up to him. Keeping her eyes fixated on his, she lifts his hand towards her face for a sniff, but instead gives it a liberal wet lick from her tongue accompanied by a soft moan of satisfaction.
-- The bartender's pupils dilate as he can't help but smile.

Bartender: "Would you like that on the rocks?"
-- Woman shakes her head no with a sly grin. It's obvious what she really wants.

Muzoona
Muzoona

لا استطيع مقاومة رائحته, رائحة حلويات و اخشاب جميلة جدا, اتوقع النساء ممكن استخدامه بسبب فول التونكا الذي تشتهر عطور غيرلان باضافته في كل عطورها.

Very sweet, lovely tonka beans adding the signature of guerlain. I think its very Unisex than being for men only.

Ale
Ale

Enveloping,warm and sophisticated.Reccomended for cold days. Good job Guerlain.

Molko
Molko

Very sensual, delicious and modern unisex scent, but smells like the new BLV Man in Black to my nose at least on the paper strip:) I'd like to feel this on a women skin...

bixio
bixio

It smell like a candy store..!!!!!!

AndiJ10
AndiJ10

I like it. Feels strong on my skin and also bitter with an Amaro presence. The only problem is that stays not for long on the skin :/

heavenlyglasses
heavenlyglasses

I don't get the hate. Finally, Guerlain came up with a fragrance that is well-suited to clubbing. As much as I love Habit Rouge or Vetiver, those are elegant, formal scents, rather unsuitable for a night of dancing and drinking.

The scent itself is very contemporary, yet with enough of a classic twist to be easily recognizable as a Guerlain. The almond/tonka bean combination is sweet, but not sickly or cloying, and there's enough of a woody/leathery heart in there to balance it beautifully during the (rather linear) drydown.

From what I've heard, it's selling like hotcakes already. This perfume is the house's best shot at reaching the younger demographics, and it's quite likely for it to work as a sort of a gateway drug into the magical world of Guerlain.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

This smells similar to "Very Irresistable For Men" by Givenchy.

Even though the notes are quite different and the emphasis is on almond, that syrupy toffee sweetness and synthetic woodiness are almost identical in tone and texture. Too many sprays and this could become very cloying.

It's not a bad scent for young guys going clubbing, but doesn't smell sophisticated or classic enough to belong to Guerlain. It lasts a reasonable length of time, but doesn't develop beyond the opening.

ahnafuz
ahnafuz

that is wrong. this is really a very nice perfume much better than many other perfumes (like G___I and Y_L) which get praise here. then why this is so underrated
it reminds me of my signature fragrance TM pure havane.
good for dates.

Gault
Gault

This one really does not deserve the bash, it just smells chemical on paper.
What I get is like Dior Homme Sport (2012) mixed with a touch of Pure Havane. The benzaldehyde isnt that strong as I imagined, not even close to Givenchy Pi's explicit almond note, nor does it smell like amaretto, its more like an apparition of a bittersweet bubblegum. The powdery/creamy citrus is much more pronounced here.

If you like the Dior homme line, Armani Code (Ultimate), or even L'instant de Guerlain (which has very similar concept btw), you have to try this.

bonacosta30
bonacosta30

Try it today and i find it to be an interessing scent. A sweet vanilla (tonka bean)/orange blossom combo with leather an almonds, this is what i get. Almost gourmand i would say, the dry down could be in the same range than dior homme, but with vanilla instead of chocolat. A scent that i could use all yr around, perfect for cold time. Doesn t seem to project too much, but u will be noticed, so it can be used in many occasion. Longevity is great with it, i got around 8 hours. I think that this is a good releash from guerlain, but i also think that they try to make a people pleaser scent with it. Could work, i think it has what it take to became something very commercial, a "mass market fragrance".
So, here is the final score:

Scent: 8/10, nice scent, a people pleaser scent.
Longevity: 4/5, around 8 hours. Very good IMO
Projection: 3,5/5, arm lengh.
Versatility: 4/5, i think it could be used in most occasion. Sure to become a people pleaser, mayble it will be over used soon.
Overall: 19,5/25, not a bad scent, something to try.

mikemuscles21

Not sure why there are so many haters. Ive been sampling this one and I like it.

The more I smell this Homme Ideal (if only...) and the more I drag my bf to test it, the more I like it.
Ok, this is not glorious vintage Habit Rouge and I'm not generally into male scents, but it's not as bad as many said.
I was colder in my previous review, but it kind of grew on me. Or maybe I'm just tired of smelling male perfumes around and be choked by them.
Guerlain almost always comes for relief.
Even in these sad years of perfumery and even while comforming to present quality standards and tastes, still they make something outstanding among the crowd.
I wish it had a less pronounced amaretto accord (a little too much, it can be tiring), but the only real fault here is a lack of radiance that translates to a typical "heavy brick" feeling, not nuanced enough, monodimensional and lacking of airness which is perfectly possible even in oriental or gourmand perfumes as so many perfumes from the past witness.
But... this is not exactly Guerlain's fault (or whoever is behind Guerlain brandname now). It's more of a result from the lack of good natural raw materials. Syntheticals don't fly and sing with angels.
That said, it smells much much better than your average mainstream and many niche (?) perfumes.

snifferdogx
snifferdogx

Comparing this to A*Men Havana and Pure Malt is meaningless. For starters, those two fragrances are about being massive, and for my nose very strident and completely unwearable.

Whilst L'Homme Ideal has notes that appear in both of the above fragrances, it's a much more subtle and sophisticated interpretation of it, and on top of that the famous Guerlinade is definitely there in the heartnotes, draped like smooth silk under the amaretti note.

It's a beautifully constructed fragrance, and light years ahead of its comparable counterparts in terms of construction, smooth silkiness, and complexity.

And it's exquisitely wearable. I can't say that about any of the A*Men range. I find them putrid.

EddyC
EddyC

The scent itself is ok, but the performance is horrible, i get 1 good hour, and then becomes an skin scent but very undetectable.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

Caved in and bought the 100ml of this and had a good selection of samples thrown in. A beautiful gourmand scent with the almonds and Tonka. As soon as I sprayed this on it reminded me of Lolita Lempicka with the amaretto kind of smell. I love the creaminess and the longevity is mighty on my skin. Great for autumn and cold winter days. A good buy and has definitely become one of my favourites.

1welshdevil

Bought my second bottle of this, I like how people keep saying to me 'you smell so good' I'm still mixed as to what I think of it, I thought it had won me over completely, but again still not sure, Guerlain fragrances are normally so black or white, love or hate end of. Here though I still can't decide, is the Tonka bean too prominent? It seems to change very slowly on my skin, there is a definite peak that I completely love, the sweet leathery bit is magical. What I will say is it feels immaculately blended. It's starting to win me over clearly.

alvaroruiz
alvaroruiz

"Do you believe in the ideal man? Well since the ideal man is a myth, the fragrance is real."

I heard this marketing line when walking through a department store while window-shopping and I couldn't deny it was actually pretty good. As I was handed a strip of the fragrance and thought it was actually a really nice smelling juice, I later discovered my girlfriend (who was with me the whole time) had a different opinion. "Do you like it?" - "No." - "What's not to like?" - "I mean it's good, it smells nice. But I've smelled better."

I was kind of disappointed. Maybe this will get better appreciated as time goes by. Not many fragrances are well received at first by many people these days.

I like it a lot. To me, it's sexy, manly, sweet and the very base of the fragrance smells fantastic. That said, I'll wait for reviews and what not until I buy this one, but I'll definitely be thinking of it a lot.

smora
smora

Guerlain discovers contemporary perfumery. Some of you remember the negative hype about releasing Guerlain Homme, and now history is repeating.
L'Homme Ideal starts "contemporary hollow" with some citruses and big amount of orange flower. Very soon tonka is coming to the game and some almond vibe, thus resembles of the Petit Robe Noire's younger brother. Morphing to the base delicious amaretto accord is becoming darker and smoother, and here's where this perfume shines.
Unfortunately the start of this perfume is rather generic and boring to me. I suppose the possible Intense version will make great amaretto theme more pronounced. Still, most of the consumers will like this perfume. This scent has quality and one could say, Guerlain for masses.

Rating: compromise *** 1/2

Buysblind
Buysblind

Is L'Homme Ideal a bold and daring presentation from the house of Guerlain? No. But it's a nice fragrance. L'Homme creates a cherry-almond effect that is sweet and immediately reminds me of the fall and winter holidays. Smooth and polished, it's less obnoxious than other popular sweet fragrances such as 1 Million, Fuel for Life, or Spicebomb. The main accord, which smells like a combination of cherry tobacco and marzipan is charming, and in my opinion, different enough from what's typically available on the market. As L'Homme develops, lavender emerges and it moves in the direction of a heavy tonka bean base. There's not much more to it than that. Like it's predecessor, Homme, I find L'Homme Ideal succeeds in smelling modern and appealing to a broad audience, while maintaining enough of a distinct character to separate it from the pack. I haven't smelled anything quite like it and it has the polished touches of a skilled perfumer that set it a notch above the rest. Sillage is very good and longevity about average. Check this one out if you're looking for an easy-to-wear, relatively sweet scent for the cooler months. Avoid it if you dislike gourmands and tonka beans, or demand something edgier from Guerlain.

fiouu

I don't know If you remember that When l'instant pour Homme first came out nobody liked it and now it has became a cult fragrance. Don't let your own words come out trying to bite your a** in a few months. Just saying.

pars2002
pars2002

I bought this last week immediately after first try. Without any doubt it is a fine, quality scent that deserves GUERLAIN label. Do not expect L'Instant or Shalimar or even VETIVER. It is a male almond fragrance with its own personality.

PS : it is a vetiver base fragrance. Balsamic at opening and sweet vetiver in base. However almond is recognizable almost from beginning to end. I recommend it for cold winter nights. Bottle is very elegance and masculine with a very efficient atomizer that has the GUERLAIN brand emblem on top. Cap is heavy and well designed. I believe that Wasser is a perfumer who tries to make changes and keep the GUERLAIN's values and signs at the same time. Great Creations from him still expect to be made.

When they release the Intense/EDP version (coming soon, so they say) of this fragrance it will be quite something else. As it is it's decent but nothing special.

phreaspirit
phreaspirit

Wow, really like this fragrance. At first I was, like "not bad, smells familiar", but later on...this thing is a bomb! Very charming and sensual. Not too sweet, I get kinda cherry vibe (almond?),and longevity is good, as well as projection. Ideal for fall and winter, quality ingredients in this one. Don't listen to haters, they are like our grandpas and grandmas - always denying something new and modern. Peace everybody:)

Migalex
Migalex

To me this fragrance should be classified as oriental rather than woody aromatic. I find it quite pleasant in part because I do like oriental fragrances and I reckon it is an improvement on lots of very similar fragrances and not really on some of them, but it is not particularly original. It is quite well balanced, sweet without being cloying and it does have a twist, which gives it a dual character, very much in the line of opium, le male, jaipur, 212 sexy, to mention just a few, although I find it closest to opium, although sweeter and less powdery. Very nice scent and smells much more sophisticated than most of those ones. it is not utterly sweet and almond, which in lots of fragrances I find obnoxious, does give it here a lovely slightly sour twist. It does smell rather complex. I find it very very pleasant and rather sophisticated. It is probably one of the nicest male fragrances which came out in the most recent years. Well, the man knows how to make a fragrance.

AZ
AZ

@mabduaguye

There are alot of people who write reviews without trying the fragrance out which takes away the legitmecy of the review. If a person does not like something they should comment on what exactly tgey did like about the fragrance.

mabduaguye
mabduaguye

Had a sniff of this yesterday; I found the amaretto-cacao-tonka bean combo pleasant; even though the middle notes smelt rather like burnt rubber. The best part of this fragrance imho is the sweet drydown which is slightly reminiscent of LIDGE only slightly sweeter. Unfortunately, I can't comment on projection and longevity because I only had a light spritz on the wrist. I can imagine that this release would be liked by a younger crowd (20s to 30s). All in all, pleasant and worth trying out. Don't know if I would buy this though.

OFFTOPIC

To the reviewer beneath; you came to a review page for a fragrance to declare that you aren't interested in trying it!

Amazing...

This even beats those who write unnecessarily harsh reviews because at least they tried it!

1welshdevil

I think it's fair to say I am a Guerlain addict, I have been so desperate in anticipation of this. The box is gorgeous, the bottle is lovely and masculine. The fragrance........It's nice, and that's about all I can say, it's actually a little bit on the boring side, nice and inoffensive. People are comparing this to la petite robe noire, nothing could be further from the truth lprn is a highly relevant, powerful gorgeous unique fragrance, this one doesn't stand out from the crowd. I don't think it will grace the shelves for very long. Guerlain bring Coriolan back instead, PLEASE!!

Manny44
Manny44

I wanted to love this...I really did. I love Guerlain, I love LIDGE, I love the bottle, and the fragrance is a good gourmand, the opening is wonderful, 5 minutes later comes the one and only mutation into its final state, the amaretto accord, and thats that. Its very nice but in the end nothing worth getting excited over on either end of the spectrum. NO hate, no love, Glad I can move on from this one, peace everyone!!! So many more fragrances to try!!

pelega
pelega

Not good,l,ke petite robe noire of Guerlain.When you smell,you feel feminine scent:(

bronstein
bronstein

This one is excellent. Ideal for the forthcoming autumn, and quite a surprise, too. It is spicey and sweet at the same time, and yes it does remind me of something which is, however, neither Givenchy Pi nor Petit Robe Noir. Rather, this one smells as if it was a new male fragrance by Lolita Lempicka. And this is a good thing, especially when considering that Lolita Lempicka's male fragrances seem to be discontinued.

Thumbs up for a most sensual and romantic autumn 2014!

****

darksome
darksome

A pleasure for gourmand lovers. The initial spray is quite strong and unpleasant, but it quickly settles to a very nice vanilla/tonka centered fragrance with a pinch of almond on a powdery sweet, honeyed background.

In my eyes the heart has some similarities to Guerlain's Tonka Imperiale (L'Homme Ideal being overall sweeter and more powdery). In the drydown it gets sweeter and even more powdery in a way that it smells like honey to me. If you like TF Tobacco Vanille because of it's honey note, this might be a like/love for you. I understand the comparisons with Givenchy's Pi, but to me the drydown of L'Homme Ideal is even heavier, denser. Pi in comparison has even in the drydown still an echo of the fresh herbs and a play doh almond, whereas L'Homme Ideal lacks anything that would make the scent more airy and bearable in warmer weather. It's surely a heavy fragrance that will find love by people who love sweet and heavy scents. I don't want to say that this is a bad thing, I just want to describe the fragrance in the best way I can.

Overall a great heavy, dense, sweet, gourmand fragrance, especially for the winter time.

Strappyshoo
Strappyshoo

Initial blast is stunning and then it really quickly turns into La Petite Robe Noir's twin brother. Which is not a bad thing, necessarily, but just not what I'd expected. I agree with other reviewers who have said that it seems that Guerlain are trying to be something they are not. If you want a generic, pleasant, crowd pleaser you won't be disappointed but that is exactly why I'm disappointed in Guerlain for producing it. You can smell the Guerlain signature in the dry down but it's muted and apologetic rather than confident and proud. Meh.

Dodgy
Dodgy

You know, you can feel the Guerlain under this youthful work, you can trace the trajectory from the early men's fragrences to this.

I'm not sure that I would have taken this particular route, but it has achieved a way of drawing in a younger crowd.

I can't really see a young man under 40 delighting in the animal pleasures of MdM... but this maintains at least the memory of the artistry of Guerlain's past.

Meursault
Meursault

What's wrong with the big houses? Hermes launched TdH "Eau Tres Fraiche", and now you do this, Guerlain...
You're going the opposite way, wishing to reach the mass public instead those who have a better taste.
What's next? Big doses of bergamote? Acquatics?

Nudieburger
Nudieburger

I was very excited to try this on skin today as I had enjoyed the fleeting test on paper during my last visit to the department store.

Almost immediately I was struck by a delightfully strong boozy-marzipan aroma that smelled almost edible and incredibly indulgent. My fathers favourite sweet was marzipan and each year at Christmas and on my Birthday I enjoy a box of chocolate marzipans as he always did. And here lies the problem.

Unlike most boxes of chocolate, which contain a wide variety of tastes, this does not. The first amaretto-flavoured chocolate marzipan is sweet in every way. The second, almost as pleasant. Unfortunately, soon all I am left with is an empty box and a sickly feeling in my stomach - too much of a good thing.

And this is how I feel about Guerlain Ideal. The boozy amaretto note was all-encompassing for me, staying for at least three hours until it suddenly faded into what was, in comparison, a reasonably non-descript leathery-wood. Unfortunately by then, I was glad that it had.

How often would I wear it? Probably once or twice a year. Birthdays and Christmas.

manos1965
manos1965

I tried it yesterday.
Just a nice and longlasting with moderate projection sweet frangrance.
Not bad but also nothing new.
If you compare it with masterpieces of the past its a failure.As a contemporary its acceptable.

Beaufort

A dreadful headache inducing chemical mish-mash.

It's like a five year old has been given the top ten best selling mens fragrances over the past three years and has been allowed to play around with them and mix them all up together randomly.
Cheap and nasty smelling.
A hideous mess that doesn't work.

Bluemarinejosephine
Bluemarinejosephine

I think that lots of people like perfumes but, only few truly love them. My theory is that the people who really love perfumes are the ones who tend to also love food and art more than the average person. Perfume lovers will want to try all sorts of perfumes, categorize them by nose or note and love to talk about them. We also use them in every aspect of life (even to go to sleep, choosing a different perfume depending on our mood.) There is a tremendous amount of craftsmanship and cerebral intelligence in a perfume and just like wine, art or fashion, it conveys an unashamed sensuality because it triggers the senses, while it also connects to memory through association. In my view, if one smells a perfume from a commercial beauty product point of view then, he/she will jump from one scent to the next and eventually feel tired. But, if one experiences fragrances as a connoisseur, and surrenders to the scents then, he/she can’t go back.

For me “L’ Homme Ideal” falls in the category of “memorable scents” and is the most beautiful masculine fragrance I have smelled the last 10 years. For me, it is not just a pleasant scent, it is an experience. I find it so intoxicating that, although I am a woman and I love feminine scents, I intend to purchase L’ Homme Ideal for myself, to cherish.

The perfume opens up with a citrus note which is nothing exquisite or extraordinary therefore, the first impression did not excite me. It felt like one more commercial perfume. Initial reactions, however, are deceiving.

After a few minutes, a very warm, mellow sugary note kicks in and transform the perfume completely. If any of you are familiar with “Lolita Lempicka Le Premier Parfum” for women, then, at this point, “L ‘Homme Ideal” is the exact equivalent male version of it. It is sweet but, not overpowering, warm, mellow (not powdery at all) and has a comforting feel to it. That created an unexpected twist.

And here is where the journey begun for me… When I was a child, at the block of flats where we lived, one of our neighbors was a very sophisticated, elderly gentleman who was a well renowned cellist for the Philharmonic orchestra. He used to smoke a pipe. If any of you have smelled pipe tobacco, you know the kind of an aroma that I am about to describe. Pipe tobacco has a very distinct, strong, sweet, intoxicating smell. Whenever I was going down the stairs, I knew when our neighbor had just left the building because the corridors had this woodsy, smoky, fruity flavoring of pipe tobacco…

This is why I love perfumes, they tell stories; they can transport us to our childhood or remind us of loved ones… no airplane will ever take us there…

And this is the journey to my childhood which I experienced after about 15 minutes of spraying “L’Homme Ideal”. The wonderful, warm, fruity, woody tobacco note of sweet sugary, cashmere mellowness in a blend that becomes irresistible. There is a hint of citrusy freshness that stays in from the beginning just to provide to the perfume a touch of freshness but, not enough to spoil its warm feel. Longevity and projection are very good too. At least 6 hours on my skin and more on my scarf and clothes.

There may be fragranticans who think that this perfume is a “mass pleaser” and it may be true nevertheless, this does not mean that L’ Homme Ideal is not a well balanced fragrance. I recommend it to everyone.

Enjoy the perfume quest!

Casavulva
Casavulva

Seriously alfarom. We all know you love leather and incense, and despise the Bleu audience. But I do not think you are fair towards Ideal, nor that you understand the fragrance. Then how can you possibly appreciate it? It's like beeing a bitter metalhead that bashes R&B, just because he does not like R&B.

To you all: I recommend the internet 4 star review by Victoria over at boisdejasmin.com. She has one of the finest noses (and pens) in the industry. Also recommended is the internet review by Monsieur Guerlain (monsieur-guerlain.com). He is spot on when he says that Guerlain (the brand) has a special talent for "picking up a popular trend and give it the Guerlain treatment".

What is that trend? There are two: A cool, young and dynamic fresh-woody masculine trend, first seen in the latter 1990s. But also the gourmand trend of making fragrances inspired by some form of sweet drink or liqueur (here the italian liqueur ameretto, in guerlain homme the rumbased mojito). Ideal also manages to continue a tradition for Guerlain in doing a modern version of the almond accord, according to Wasser first smelled in Jicky (1889).

So you have in Ideal a fresh smart top, a gourmand handsome middle and a masculine strong base, combining two modern trends into one AND linking Ideal to +100 years of fragrance history. No one element is new, but the combination (with the dominant amaretto accord) actually is. I think this is clever, reasonably well executed (they do not spend Amouage budgets on each perfume) and is to be appreciated.

The top may be a slight bit metallic to my nose (also a modern trend), and the base not as natural as the best of the niches. (Typical for ALL mass market frags). The Amaretto is not even close to my favorite liqueur. And still I like Ideal, without loving it.

Perhaps the Intense version (2015?) will be even better, more well blended, mature and sensual, as they did with Homme? Until then I hold Homme Intense as a better and more suitable fragrance for me (+40). But Ideal is better in every way than Bleu.

hod
hod

It is quite similar to tonka imperiale- but sweeter and with less "class".
they share 4 notes: almonds, tonka beans, cedar wood and rosemary. same perfumer, same house!
it's probably the "mass" version of tonka imperiale, as i see it.

it has the same tonka-almond combo of tonka imperiale, but you can feel the absence of the tobacco note which gives tonka imperiale its honey-like feeling.

marekkalinowski
marekkalinowski

just bought the bottle of it after a day of trying the sample i got . it is a lovely and warm fragrance , Ideal for the Fall and Winter , it's warm, spicy and sweet with almonds and vanilla. the sweetness fades away after 30 min to 1 hr and becomes a lovely deep woody scent with cedar and patchouli, which is a very pleasant and enjoyable to wear it..it is not loud and it stays close to the skin, what i like, and a lovely bottle too.
Era of 80's and 90's is over. Time to move on,
For those who hate it or don't like it , I just don't simply understand what are you looking for in a frag. or what do you expect from it? The problem is , i think , you just clearly don't know what you want and start writing stuff for the sake of it and fun. And it does not smell like Pure malt at all! lasts forever.
overall 8,5/ 10

evacecilias
evacecilias

I agree totally with Liamsardea !
Don't demand a goldmedal in the olympics every time.
Sometimes a bronze is even more well earned !
I liked it first time I tried it and was eager to get my husband to try it.
It is both spicy and fresh in a delicate and unusual way that I really like.
I think it is special and when my husband tried it on skin I made a smile,
cause it's nice to be right sometimes...
Did it suit him - of course !

I see L'Homme Ideal as a sad little creature.

Many things have been said to explain the reasons why Guerlain released such a fragrance and they all sounded more like justifications for the fact L'Homme Ideal is, in the end, boredom personified. Anyway, of all the things I read and heard, the most logic to me was that Guerlain was targeting the Blue De Chanel audience and, more generally, a wider crowd. After smelling the juice, this makes sense but my next questions are: Do I really care about what were the intentions Guerlain had? Do they make me change what I think about this fragrance? …but, most of all, as a consumer, do they really matter? No, not at all.

L'Homme Ideal is a sad little creature that smells like a plethora of other department store fragrances that hit the shelves in the last ten years or so. A bunch of catchy top-notes (in this case not even *that* catchy to my tastes) slammed on top of a sticky, outrageously generic and uber-synth woody base. Oh Dear Lord that base! Tonka, sharp cedar wood (maybe some woodyamber) and some vetiver. Surprise!

Yes, there's the infamous *amaretto* note but well, when it comes to almond-y notes, Guerlain feared no rivals in the past and L'Homme Ideal's opening is far from being enough to save the rest of the composition from precipice. Mind me though, the problem here is not that they played it safe but more that it completely lacks any kind of personality.

Now, I'm a huge Guerlain fan but this time, seriously: EW! …and as my grandma said, L'Homme Ideal doesn't exist!

Rating: 4.5/10

starmerj
starmerj

I've finally been able to try this out and I've got to say that I like it, but I don't love it.
It is a very nice fragrance. I just don't like it anywhere near as much as I thought I would.

To me, L'Homme Ideal sits somewhere in between Viktor & Rolf's Spicebomb and Valentino's Uomo.
It has that "sweet but dark" vibe you get from Spicebomb, but it also has a similar quiet elegance to Valentino Uomo.

I do get the amaretto accord that's featured in this fragrance. It's sweet, though not as sweet as I thought it would be.
It's a pretty linear scent. There's a bit of citrus in the opening, but that goes away pretty quickly. What I get out of this mostly is Almonds/Amaretto and Leather.
Longevity seems to be pretty good. It has very strong projection for the first hour or so, then it quickly calms down. It remains noticeable to those within a close proximity.

I have to admit, it doesn't really smell like a Guerlain, but that doesn't mean it smells bad.
To be honest, if this was released by a designer clothing house then there would probably be a ton of hype surrounding it.
I've always thought that Guerlain fragrances smell extremely rich and sophisticated, but I sadly don't think L'Homme Ideal particularly fits in with that. That doesn't mean it smells cheap though.

One thing that confuses about this scent is I'm not sure when would be the ideal time to wear it. It smells a bit too rich to be worn casually, but not rich enough to be worn formally.

Overall, I do like the smell of this scent. I just don't like it as much as I thought I would. I guess I was just expecting something a little more luxurious.

_________________________________________________________

On a side note, I do love the advertising campaign for L'Homme Ideal. It's extremely satirical and definitely worth checking out if you haven't seen it.

henryvdp
henryvdp

I like it...the almonds,orangeblossom and cedarwood combination is good for me ! not very very(guerlain) special but good for a day in a week,got compliments this week so its okay.

stevenandsuch
stevenandsuch

I can't compare this to any other Guerlain fragrances seeing as this is the first that I have actually tested after being ambushed by a bottle wielding sales assistant at the mall. I absolutely love it! This is one of those that will have me sniffing my arm the whole day. Might have to add this one to the collection.

Liamsardea
Liamsardea

For those reading the negative reviews - I will state that this fragrance has been the victim to some unwarranted attacks. Yes - this is completely unorthodox for Guerlain; but can you really expect every release to be the next 'Habit Rouge'?

This fragrance is heavily enjoyable; yes - a mainstream one; but I'm sure Thierry will pull through in the future for Guerlain.

Legolas
Legolas

Beautifull fragrance,simple but elegant and classy (atleast on my skin :) ) botlle is also great and longevity high.. i think that it have moderate projection..not too loud but also not skincent.. i like it..

lulu misr
lulu misr

to me it smells like " baby jonson oil" the pink bottle
just almond & sweety notes :(

groover
groover

I bought this instantly, mostly because the good deal,
buy the frag and get a free deo stick at the same price, that made it affordable, and i love the smell, on me it smell strong and powerful, not cheap, but i might be wrong, because i tested it on my hand while i was wearing baldessarini nautic spirit so they might have blended into something beautiful, cause this smells like heaven to me.

Andrew
Andrew

Tried once. It smells cheap, chemical and synthetic.
With removed label from the bottle you wouldn't never guess it's Guerlain.

MonsieurK
MonsieurK

In short, I like it. If you care to read what's going on in the four corners of my little mind, then please feel welcomed to read on....

If you grew up with Guerlain fragrances and then came to this - with all it's marketing muscle, and attempt to connect with a different generation, then you could feel alienated and be critical of it - in the same way fans of early Bob Dylan felt alienated when he went electric.

If you are now getting to know Guerlain, and are being introduced to the brand at this stage in it's history, then you can more easily look at the fragrance on its own.

I think this is a well executed commercial move that has not been done at the expense of a weak product offering. In other words, Guerlain, seeing the popularity (and in some cases, exponential success stories) of fragrances such as DHI, 1 Million, Valentino Uomo, Mugler Pure (all of them), YSL La Nuit, Midnight In Paris, and even their own LIDGE/ LIDG and others in what I'll call the 'modern smooth operator' style (sweeter, seductive, not too young - not too grown up scents) - they want to cement their image here, capitalise on it, and gain more share. It's business.

But there's more to it than just that. It's about what they are doing to deserve the increased market share/ brand exposure they so desire. Because this has to be earned, not assumed or just taken. Earned the old fashioned way - by having something worthwhile to offer.

So what is important to me is how L'Homme Ideal (LI from here) compares to these other big hitters within its category. The answer for me is simple - it is a serious threat because it is a fantastic fragrance. Why so? Because behind all the noise, which is scaring off the aficionados, it is actually a fragrance that is different to all the aforementioned, of very high quality, and doesn't actually ignore its brand legacy at all.

Its different - the distinctive almond note, which carries on from start to finish is beautiful, rounded, bitter and sweet and delicious. Supported by the other lighter top notes and heavier base notes, it really is the star of the show and it makes for an all-round high performing boozy and comforting scent that is neither cloying nor boring. Fall and winter couldn't come sooner.

High quality - the ingredients do not smell synthetic to me. There is warmth and richness and note separation. The leather could be denser for my tastes but all the same, all very good thank you. Maybe an EDP version will recruit a better leather.

Wasser is open about the fact that he wants to remain aware of what his competition are doing, but he does things in his own style (not too many notes but exacting). The almond note, although fairly novel in modern masculine perfumery is testament to his taste for risk taking.

The fact that he attributes the note to the classic Jicky is also testament to his desire to thread that old motif into this composition. He is all about continuation. Lets not forget it was also a key ingredient in the recent La Petite Robe Noire as well.

All in all this is a great scent from a great house. Competitive but different. One of the best in it's category? Maybe. One of the best masculines ever? Let's not get carried away (though it only needs a 4 star from Turin for hearts to start turning).

Yeah OK - so the commerce is in your face, and I might have preferred a more inconspicuous launch, but if I leave my commercial prejudices at the door for a second, I'm finding this to be modern and reverent at the same time. Well dressed but approachable. Mature in mind but youthful in spirit. And you know what? I'm not ashamed to say it, but in LI - I don't mind that one bit.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

L'Homme Idéal opens with aromatic citrus, but soon is taken over by a potent boozy amaretto. Afterwards, it doesn't change much: the strength of almond and tonka gradually diminishes, and the whole scent becomes creamy and slightly powdery, while a conventional aromatic male cologne undertone is always present. A clean patchouli base is also revealed when the tonka becomes less demanding.

The sillage of L'Homme Idéal is quite heavy, and the longevity is easily 10 hours and still going strong. I find L'Homme Idéal quite sweet and potent, especially during the first 4 hours. Actually the potency and lack of development makes it feel a bit rough to me. I'd suggest it to those who have sweet tooth and going easy on the trigger.

spoombung
spoombung

Intense almond and tonka -powered scent ornamented with cooler herbs; rosemary etc. Very well constructed, as you might expect from a Guerlain but it's cakey, foody and smells like an italian bakery which is new for them.

The heavy almonds make me think of One Million but it's a much more complex scent. It's not something I'd wear, though.

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

IMHO this is a very nice fragrance although it does smell familiar at the very beginning. I believe it is the strong Tonka note that makes it smell similar to other fragrances. However, once the Tonka note settled a little, I started to smell a sweet almond liqueur like note with a slight hint of cherry undertone. I could not detect any citrus note at all as listed here. With the almond liqueur note throughout, I also smelled something warm, soft and slightly smoky and leathery. I do like this fragrance although it is not the best among other fragrances by Guerlain. On my cooler than average skin, this fragrance has moderate sillage and longevity. Because of the sweetness of this fragrance, I would not recommend it for the very hot summer months but it should be great in all other seasons.

androsperfume
androsperfume

I didn't like this one. It seems to me like a Petit Robe Noire's male version. I'm more into the citrus/woody dimension like Vetiver or l'eau Boiseé. Also reminds me of La Nuit de L'Homme.

originaldeftom

I think it is the night-time brother of EROS by Versace. The latter has this menthol, minty, toothpaste kind of opening but dries down to a very warm vanilla Tonka Bean Bomb.

Whoever does not like the opening of EROS, might be pleasantly surprised with GUERLAIN's latest offering for it has a more organic, herbaceous and IMO more harmonious offering.

EROS is brash pop star (Chris Brown), whereas IDEAL is a consummate performer (Bruno Mars).

In fact I think Bruno Mars should have headed the advertising campaign.

ecerusen
ecerusen

i'm in love with burberry london for men. everytime we went to store i was searching some scents like london but i couldnt find. but, yesterday i saw this on store i was like "oh my god i find you".

its a really blend of a*men and london. %60 a*man, %40 london, with a guerlain quality. its not cloying as a*men, but you can smell the good sides of it. its warm and sexy as london with a better longevity and sillage.

i smell it on air, on perfume's cap, on my friend's skin. smells different on this 3 way but all of them was good.

maybe it smells generic to you, maybe you find nothing new in it, but admit it however it smells generic, it smells more sexy, qualitifed, and attractive than others.

Teyrob
Teyrob

I'm sad, this fragrance reminds me 1 million, it's ambery and that's all, it will be a disaster for Guerlain. Sad but true. It's a bad fragrance, cheap, with an high price, i see rain for Guerlain.

pauljaw
pauljaw

I like it a lot, at one point i caught a smell of it in the air around me, and it is very nice indeed, the drydown smells amazing at times.

hedward
hedward

- Unsurprising surprise -

I have a very hard time understanding the hate poured onto this fragrance. I mean this has it all: it's sweet, balanced, inoffensive, long lasting, masculine and ultimately very unique (when compared to others of the same genre). Yes sure this fragrance was made for the masses but that's the whole core idea of L'Homme Ideal.. For years there was nothing from Guerlain for younger men - L'Instant was too mature, Vetiver smells like history class and Habit Rouge simply smells of something my father could use. Now, FINALLY a powerhouse with real sophistication and quality offers a "clubbing" or "nighttime" fragrance that actually evokes some feeling instead of just fading into bland sweetness. Also the bottle and the sprayer are both beyond niche quality.

Now why does it get so much hate? I believe it's because Guerlain is a house with a rich history of releasing masterpiece perfumes that are now helplessly out of trend when it comes to the younger crowds.. In order for Guerlain to stay competetive on the frag market they have to bring something new to the table. L'Homme Ideal is what came out and they did it with great succes. Now, for many fragrance fanatics this might be an utter disaster but in my opinion many also fail to realise that this isn't supposed to be the new Jicky. So why have expectations beyond fulfillment?

Anyway, What Dior Homme does for iris and La Nuit does for cardamom, Ideal Homme does for almonds (and imo does it better than Pi). Overall a very nice, high quality masculine fragrance that smells unquestionably well of 21st century.

tomerits
tomerits

A very very nice frag.maybe it is smells generic to a lot of people but not for me.to me it's a very soothing warm scent that i can't wait to wear this upcoming fall & winter , night time.
i really don't know why all the hatred for this one , i think you can smell that it's a fragrance with the touch and quality of guerlain.
my rank 4/5.very nice.

Riverwide
Riverwide

Extremely pleasant stuff. I have no idea why this fragrance is being so derided by perfume enthusiasts. It seems that fragrances by Guerlain are judged far too harshly. No, this isn't completely original or groundbreaking, but it's a lovely, beautifully blended scent, that in no way smells cheap or generic. Does the wheel have to be reinvented every time? Surely not. Is there something wrong with a scent that appeals to more than a few hardcore perfumistas? Not in my book.

It reminds me of Burberry London, with a little cherry in the mix too. It has a slightly "boozy" note also, which I happen to love. The perfect scent for Autumn/Winter. Longevity on clothing is outstanding and on skin is more than adequate. Good sillage too. Not overpowering, but definitely noticeable for the first few hours.

I'll definitely be buying this.

brum61
brum61

I tried this a week ago.It was all over the entrance to one of the main perfume chains here. All I can say is even if I hadn't seen the label I would have known it was Guerlain at first sniff - contrary to what many people seem to be saying. It was nice but not enough to buy.

musky_monkey
musky_monkey

This is a very good fragrance.
The almond is very well done: delicious and masculine.
The fragrance has a healthy dash of Guerlinade that leaves no doubt that this is a Guerlain.

Almond is rarely used in men's fragrances, so claims that this is "generic" have me scratching my head.
Like A*Men? No.
Like B*Men? No.
Like Bleu de Chanel? No.
Like Valentino Oumo? No.
Like 1 Million? Seriously?
If you suffer almond anosmia, or simply don't like it, then the uniqueness of this fragrance may be lost on you.

It appears this fragrance is easily misunderstood.
Please give this three full wears and I think you will appreciate how good this really is.

fiouu

Yes it's not your typical guerlain, yes It smells "mainstream".
But guess what? The difference between l'homme Ideal and every other perfume this has been compared to is that this is very well blended and executed.
The initial spray disappoints, but it helps build a nice olfactory trail towards the core of the scent. It's very herbal on my skin, smells like a polished flawless gentleman with huge overcoats and leather gloves. It's good? Yes. Masterpiece material? Definitely no. I'll take this over any dior/gucci/givenchy because guerlain is not about first impressions, you have to establish a link between the fragrance to understand it. Is it complex? Not at all. But it does smell heavenly. At least give it a try, it's very well executed. The ads and prints are a mess anyway.

Blutengel
Blutengel

@pronose, you really must be liking this scent, it's your 5th comment... If you hate it that much, why don't you leave it alone. Oh, and mind the !!!!!! & ?????'s, your writings look rather aggressive instead of constructive. If you don't like a scent, just leave it alone. No need to drop your negativity all over this place (look at your long list of "reviews").
With love, B-

quisutdeus
quisutdeus

First of all, I'd like to know if all these reviewers have smelled the fragrance at all, since at the moment is only available in some Europeans countries (only last month for continental Europe) and second of all, if they do realize that this is a Autumn/winter fragrance! That's the reason why I reckon many people here have not even smelled it at all, or simply do not understand a thing about fragrances, for if they were real enthusiasts and amateurs, would not be telling such a foolish and obtuse statement.

By stating the above, I do not say that this is a great fragrance, and that I am against any negative review of it; All I can say is to try this before you say something unintelligent or with a lack of sanity, and if you try it, do it in the right season, so that you can appreciate the concept of the whole fragrance... You do not try on Dior home intense in the middle of summer...Do you? it will smell horrible and cloying... or you do not smell an aquatic in the middle of winter, it will perform poorly and be as sharp as any cleaning product.

Personal Opinion: In my case I was very pleased with the smell, they have not discovered the wheel or even fire here, but the smell is very elegant and pleasant, it is very sweet and warm, lots of cherry at the top, but then goes into a sweet burnt caramel/vanilla vibe fragrance, very well done and with a very decent performance, since on my skin lasted about 6 hours with a very outstanding sillage.(only applied a couple of sprays. I can see the resemblance with La petite robe noire, they are very similar, but of course, this one is masculine and deeper.

In synthesis this is a very pleasant warm scent, better than many other fragrances out nowadays. Please do not be discouraged by those fake and foolish comments, the fragrance is decent and smells pleasant, at least for me, but it will be up to you to decide whether this is your cup of tea or not, as for any other fragrance.

I'll give this a neutral/thumbs up verdict, since I'll wait for autumn to be cold enough or even winter to fully appreciate the fragrance, not like these experts, giving already their full opinions in the wrong time. Unless you live in the southern hemisphere, close to the Antarctic (Australia, Argentina, New Zealand, Chili and so on) you could not have judged properly this fragrance, since those are the only places in the world with cold weather during June, July and August, and if you do, you have travelled to France in the middle of June (when the fragrance has been launched) and bought it, for then to come back and try it in your country... please! It is hardly available today, 3rd of September in continental Europe, imagine the rest of the world.

thanks for your attention, and I hope my humble but grounded opinion has been useful to help you have an idea of what this smells like.

Cheers

kareembrightman
kareembrightman

Exactly the same scent that Mugler B*Men ... EXACTLY

Oh dear Guerlain what have you done here?
This is so far off the mark it's unbelievable, very disappointing.
L'Homme Ideal takes generic to the next level but even that statement makes it sound too exciting...it really isn't.
As soon as I got my nose on the top notes I knew it was a tiresome tonka bean and super sweet almond which goes too far and makes the whole thing a creamy, powdered mess. That's not the whole story though because it does have some interesting notes poking through that main accord like orange blossom. I say 'interesting' but entirely ill conceived in my opinion, it's like curdiling fizzy soda and milk...doesn't work.
I think what they're trying to achieve is the delicate suede like feel of something like VC&A Midnight in Paris but fails miserably and becomes more like Burberry Brit Rhythm or some other bland Tonka release of late.
It's got a strength to it though I'll give it that but it's that synthetic, aroma chemical strength not due to high quality ingredients just unrelenting innovation meaning longevity was good.
Anyone would think I didn't like tonka bean but that's not the case at all, just rare to find a truly good one with complimentary notes.
Yeah so it's not a good outing from Guerlain in my opinion, which is a shame because I was anticipating this one.

It is nice enough in my opinion!! It reminds me of what my dad used to wear, so it is maybe modernized, but timeless in its quality , a solid composition of a masculine scent..Enough of woods, enough of spices , and overall a fresher vibe . It is quite aromatic ,the rosemary comes loud and clear, I don't find it remotely sweet!? The tonka bean is out in the distance, very minimal..it has a soapy quality which is fine.. Rosemary and vetiver dominate the scent.. Guerlainn s ´ savoir faire comes through in the overall quality of the scent..easy to wear yet not exactly casual, I would like it if my husband wore it!
L'homme idéal will appeal to lots of mean out there who like a well constructed masculine scent..

bcoops

Dont be scared off by these harsh reviews.....its nice for what it is.

antonpan
antonpan

That’s the first Guerlain pillar for 6 years. I love the previous edition named Guerlain Homme: a beautufilly mixed combination of lime, mint and vetiver and that’s kind of mystery for me why Guerlain Homme hasn’t become really popular. The new L’Homme Ideal has been created to amend the situation and to become a bestseller. Let's see...

If Guerlain Homme smells fresh and natural, L’Homme Ideal is a sweet, modern and synthetic creation. To me it’s all about cherries. All that I smell at the beginning is a sugary and creamy liquor (you can name it almond liquor or amaretto) with a hint of spices and alcoholic mood that makes the fragrance manly. In the development the smell is becoming woodier and richer with a prominent tonka accord. The sillage is more than average, the longevity is good as well.

L’Homme ideal is nothing more than a masculine counterpart of the cherry bomb La Petit Robe Noire. The fragrance bores me after two weeks of wearing, not because of being bad, but being just normal. L’Homme Ideal will do good sales in 2014, but I doubt about its long term perspectives. There is nothing really innovative, advanced and sophisticated here, just business to earn money.

However, the bottle is wonderful, very, very pretty.

originaldeftom

Tested it today quickly in my lunchbreak. Only recently found out that it even existed. Perhaps the advertising is not yet running high or it is a discrete campaign.

I consider it the muscle-flexing PR exercise of Guerlain executives, trying to push the brand back into the young male "Clubbing" and fashion mainstream.

Many other brands have successfully conquered this market over the years, most recently "Eros" VERSACE, "Homme" DIOR, "L'Homme" YSL, "1 Million" Paco Rabanne, "Guilty" GUCCI, "Bleu"CHANEL....

Now we can add this one to the missing puzzle and the big male mainstream of fragrances is complete.

It is an OK to good commercial fragrance, just like ALL the others (except for me the foul, rancid toffee apple of "1 Million") and is intended to become a cash cow for Guerlain.

To be fair, it is compared with all the above actually quite good, but it is just not ground-breaking: manly, woody, sweet with that initial fresh-spicy, citrus, neroli opening that is rather good (but short-lived). Later it becomes a stereo-typical, trendy main-stream "posh bwoy" fragrance like all the others, but just that little bit better, because it's Guerlain. Moorish and gourmand in the dry-down. Women will love this on a man. Guys? You WILL pull tonight!

But not all is lost for I WANT it to become the big financial hit for Guerlain, so they can finance the new research and development of future, more daring projects!

I still love you GUERLAIN. ♥

10/10 for 'on trend big boys' mainstream frangrance.
7/10 for creativity. It is good and very safe, not earth-shattering. (seems to me LVMH wants to see a guaranteed ROI)

maab

LHI is not an original fragrance, it is similar to several other scents. Probably not what one might expect from Guerlain, but after all I like it.

josevancouver
josevancouver

Just got back from France and picked up three fragrances (Armani Privee Myrrh Imperial, Dior Homme Parfum and Guerlain L'homme Ideal). My take on this one? I like it. No, it's not a work of art or as complex as other fragrances from Guerlain that I either own or have owned (LIDGE, L'instant, Tonka Imperiale, Guerlain Homme, etc.).....but I like it. It's pleasant, like the orange blossom off the top and the tonka/almond mid and wood/vetiver/leather base.

Projection and longevity are both good. Just started wearing this but anticipate compliments....maybe not quite like the official Guerlain ad though!

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

I believe that the intention of Guerlain was in addition to expanding the portfolio of perfumes, enter the trade and achieve this segment, since it is not as 'popular' as others.
Ideal is good, opens fresh and in seconds longer enters a liqueur and almond accord, sent me to the excellent Au Masculin, the tonka changes slightly this aspect giving a sweet touch rubberized and becomes something like licorice in my nose, is a beautiful gourmand .
Once touch enters a dry synthetic leather enriches and appears that famous amber sweet commercial aspect we feel out there, and at the end vetiver giving a light woody touch earthy, a beautiful commercial scent, much better than many fragrances sold around.

GMK
GMK

The very first sniff reminds me of Back to Black byKillian, with the heavy dose of tonka , vanilla and some citrus besides consistent vibe of Almonds(Pi givenchy), further it goes on towards the mass market sweet spiciness which can be found in dozens of so called Men's fragrances these days , closet is Avant Garde Lanvin.

May be Guerlain is keeping in view the success of recent(crowd pleasing) offerings from Chanel and YSL.

A generic offering from a unique house nuff said.

Marciu
Marciu

Unfortunately this is a let down. Huge dissapointment. This fragrance is totally different than everything what Guerlain used to offer. Absolutely not "guerlain-ish".

First of all, the mix of almonds and tonka is rather strange - I'd say. Why? Well, as far as I know and remember, tonka smells like almonds with a little vanilla twist. So, almonds doubled by almonds? Uhm... Unfortunately there's an overdose of orange flower, which immediately reminded me of Paco Rabanne 1 Million. And that's the saddest thing. The only thing I actually liked in it was the leather, which gave the "oomph" and sharpness to the composition.

Finally - this is not a fragrance for men. It's an unisex. I tested it on me and on my girlfriend and - it smells better on her. I'd say it's an unisex which fits better rather to women than to men.

Longevity was around 10 hours, sillage was very good.

There's no chance I bought this. No way. I'm sorry Guerlain.

jony fisher
jony fisher

Good stuff ,, the opening is a bit sharp but after about 15-30 min it settles down to a sweet yet soft scent , a man's scent , after about 1-2 hours it reminded me of dior homme but not exactly like it .. Overall the fragrance is good try before you buy

My rating is

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

I like L'Homme Ideal. It's a nice perfume, a bit too sweet perhaps and not nearly as complex as Guerlains great classics, but nice.
It is to La Petite Robe Noir what Habit Rouge is to Shalimar: a more wearable version for me(n). But where Habit Rouge is full of an elegant refinement to make up for its lack of intensity (compared to Shalimar), L'Homme Ideal is just less huge, less sweet and less fruity compared to La Petite Robe. Just less.
But it is a lovely warm scent in any case. I don't get much leather, but I do get a warm mix of almonds and tonka, supported by some woody notes. The sweetness is quite overwhelming in the opening, but dries down to something far more pleasant.
Easy to wear, easy to like, nothing too complex, nothing I'd buy, but you wouldn't hear me complaining if my man would be wearing this!

arsenal01
arsenal01

tried it, loved it...less sweet version of AHEE....opening is off putting but once it dries a real crowd pleaser...you WILL get compliments and awesome longevity on me.

what i remember is tonka off the bat, sweet but soft, thewood notes come in....once the wood notes hit it really starts to get nice...over 10 hrs longevity from 1 spray.

have a 50ml bottle on the way....7/10 frag, 11/10 bottle

samlovefragrance

mmm been enjoying my bottle for almost a week now:) and got nothing but compliments too.
i totally understand why guerlain needed to create a crowd-pleaser; non-perfumistas really arent very familiar with guerlain! truth is most average dudes (perfume-wise lol) will go to dior for Dior homme, chanel for bleu or the allures, paco rabbane(duh) but guerlain? even l'instant is hard to love for your average nose.
so;
i hope this juice will re-ignite male interest in this wonderful perfume house. and as long as l'homme ideal didnt turn out to be a marine/citrus yawn-fest, i'm happy:)

scent: 8/10
longevity: 6/10
sillage: 5/10

Hassan Nasrallah
Hassan Nasrallah

Simply it didn't remind me of Guellain , house of habit rouge , vetiver , l'instant samsara , shalimar , l'homme de guerlain etc...
I found it away from the spirit of Guerlain house used to attract my attention with unique unforgettable scents .
I confess it is not bad but it too commercial to be Guerlain .

Mike213
Mike213

I might just have to buy a Bottle based on all the Hate this 1 has received .

styles
styles

Starts with a sweet citrus top leading into the creamy amaretto accord and finally dries down into a powdery woods base à la Valentino Uomo/Dior Homme intense whilst still maintaining the amaretto like sweetness. Is available in Selfridges.

ssg
ssg

Does anyone know if this is available in London yet? I checked in Harvey Nicks in Leeds and they said it wasn't coming out until September!

Alex1984
Alex1984

Reading thru the reviews for L'Homme Ideal, veteran Guerlain fans see it as a disgrace. I love all vintage Guerlain, and the ones I own are classics. It's where they shine, and with the exception of Parfum Initial, they're all pre 1980s or older, or what some like to "gracefully" call old lady. Couldn't care less, I smell divine. Bottom line is I don't think L'Homme Ideal is a bad perfume. Is it a crowd pleaser? Yes. Does it smell good? It's not half bad. Will it be a hit? I certainly hope so, because Guerlain, as per Thiery Wasser, has to make a profit to sustain itself. Like all houses. And if releasing a polite safe scent gives them the funds to make up for it with more "mature" perfumes and vintage restoration then call me a supporter. Plus it smells better than 90% of the designer perfumes out there. And as has been noted before, it does share quite a few similarities with La petite robe noire. To all who like it, wear it, you'll smell good. And to those who don't, Guerlain has an outstanding catalogue to choose from, find the one/ones you like and give the world some much needed perfume education! Rant over!

100mlEDT
100mlEDT

Ideal has shot to the top of my top 5 list .
I've had it for 3 days and I have had 8 compliments already !
Rant all you want but it's me who is getting the love and nasal admiration .
Generic disaster - good ill take it .
At least I won't smell it on every Tom, Dick and Harry .

meganinstmaxime
meganinstmaxime

I gave this a quick try in store and sprayed 2 sprays on one arm. It was quite sweet and smelled OK with the almond and tonka - not take your breath away but not bad. However further in it had one of the spiky wood chemicals that do not agree with me. So many perfumes seem to use these in the base and it means that even if the opening was OK I just can't wear it because of the nasty spiky note. Shame!

moniote
moniote

Extremely mainstream création by Guerlain house . No surprise , no wow effect ! The amaretto accord ? Well if You like this ..get Le Baiser du Dragon by Cartier ! The amaretto IS délicious ! This one IS just ..Nice

StardustHK
StardustHK

I agree with Sam below: the extreme bashing is not justified. L'Homme Ideal is certainly nothing innovative nor a masterpiece. It's a safe product launch somewhere between L'Instant and DHI. A very wearable, gourmandish comfort scent for the cold days. Instead of almond I get chocolate, cocoa and tonka with a slight powdery Guerlinade vibe. Projection even seems to be a bit above average. Would I spend money on it? No.

samlovefragrance

seriously whats wrong with the group of fellow fragranticans who teamed up to bash this fragrance?
the beautiful smoky tonka and almond duo form the core of l'homme ideal, very guerlain-ish, with a whiff of praline and dry aromatic herbs and woods and orange blossom.
it lasted more than 10 hours on me and all through i was getting whiffs.
its unisex, slightly gourmand and i really like it.
much better than any Bleu or One million will ever be.

Karim m. ibrahim
Karim m. ibrahim

I bought this yesterday and i fell IN LOVE with it, i don't understand why people are that upset! It smells amazing, starts fresh and ends with class :)
Reminds me alot of "Dior Homme Intense" but with a touch more Citrus, i surely don't regret buying this at all, i put it on today going out and all my friends loved it <3

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

بداية العطر قد تكون غير مميزه لدى البعض خاصة من لايحب رائحة الحمضيات الحادة نوعا
التي لا تستمر طويلا حتى يكشف العطر عن جوهرة الذي اجده جميل ولذيذ ويختلف كثيرا عن تلك البداية الحادة نوعا م
مع مراعاة ان تجربة العطر على ورق الاختبار قد يجعل تطور العطر ياخذ وقت بعكس لو جربته على الجلد مباشرة

العطر بعد زوال المكونات العليا الحادة نوعا ما
يصبح سويتي فانيلي بوردي بشكل خفف جدا جدا مع مع شعور بتواجد مكون لذيذ ليس واضحة اللوز لدي ولكن ذلك الشعور اللذيذ حتما سيكون بفضل اللوز بجانب رائحة الجلود الناعمة التي تلمحها من بعيد، اجد هذه المرحلة مميزه جدا والتي تختلف جذريا عن البداية وان كنت ساقتني العطر ساقتنيه بسبب هذه المرحلة اللذيذة
محبي نوتة التونكا واللوز اتوقع سينال اعجابهم هذا العطر
نجيل الهند وخشب السيدار لم المحهم جيدا بالعطر ربما لم يحن دورهم بعد اثناء تجربتي للعطر واثناء كتابتي لهذا التقرير

جمال رائحة العطر 8/10
الفوحان والثبات لم خيتر بعد
هل يستحق التجربة نعم اذا كنت ستصبر على العطر لترى تطوره
وارجوا ان لا يستند على ماذكرت لشراء العطر ارجوا التجربة قبل الشراء

carera

sorry to all who have bad review but its perfect and warm .

mse-21
mse-21

Today I was in the Guerlain boutique in Toronto, and the lady there told me that this is going to be launched in September. However, she was nice enough to spray some on a paper from a sample that she's got (apparently from a trip to Paris headquarter).

Well...this smells good! Well rounded, warm and romantic scent with a classy vibe to it. This being said I agree with other reviewers on the fact that the Guerlain DNA is absent here. In fact this reminded me of Thierry Mugler perfumes at the beginning!

The video that I see here from Thierry Wasser is probably the worst part! I like seeing perfumers talking about their creations and how they think about them. But honestly this video is a very shallow, cheap, and low quality ad campaign: "The ideal fragrance is coming, are you ready?" (Thierry Wasser).

While I'm not particularly excited about this perfume anymore, I may try it on my skin to see how it does...

toto453
toto453

No surprise...this is a mix of miracle Lancôme & black xs Paco Rabanne...Not new, only a reformulation of eisting fragrance...what a shame such a maketing fragrance !

Hdubais
Hdubais

It smells nice but not to be used everyday.

O2
O2

عطر جيرلان لوم ايديال رائحته مستهلكة ورخيصة

وثباته متوسط وفوحانه ضعيف ..

mshilov
mshilov

Sweet and sexy, fresh and crispy, easy and nice. Just another cologne, but a good one. And the bottle is an art deco masterpiece.

duzmantic
duzmantic

This is the worst Guerlain cologne. Dior, Hermes and Guerlain are my favourite houses and this is the worst cologne I've smelt from the trio. Smells very cheap and mainstream.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

Today I tested this new release from Guerlain. As I was waiting for a new masculin perfume from my favorite house, a lot of ideas came rushing through my head as to what may be the composition of this new perfume! I mean, few, if any, previous releases from this house were ordinary. Every perfume has it's story, it's flair and completely unique formula that makes many people weary from blind buying any Guerlain perfumes.

Oh the disappointment! I feel betrayed by the only house I was sure it will never follow the trend of super sweet perfumes! Why Guerlain? Why Mr. Wasser?

Drama aside, I kinda understand Guerlain's theory... Or maybe I am just giving them an excuse... You'll be the judge of that! Anyway, like all perfumes companies, sales are very important to keep said company from going bankrupt. However, unlike other companies that are slowly discontinuing there vintage perfumes to make place for the new ones, Guerlain still is providing us with their oldest perfumes and their vintage masterpieces. Going mainstream is a marketing plan from Guerlain to increase their sell rates because_let's face it_super sweet perfumes are mainstream now and are selling like crazy to keep funds coming so they can still produce their vintage perfumes... I really hope this is the case!

The perfume itself isn't that bad like some other have suggested. But I do understand their shock and disappointment. However, despite it's sweet and clear "one million" concept, L'Homme Ideal never becomes cloying. It never becomes too much, and never makes you feel uncomfortable! It's more subtle than the others, it's more refined, much better blended and with a very good quality for the juice like other Guerlains. It is however generic, a word that I thought I will never say for a Guerlain perfume!

Disappointed, and sad but I can forgive Guerlain for going mainstream once... Please don't make it twice!!

Oh! And don't go that far comparing L'Homme Ideal to Axe deodorant... That is so inaccurate and far from true!!

armaniboy
armaniboy

A very pleasant fragrance with a good structure and longevity.To my nose it felt extremely balanced and inviting.It is not special or groundbreaking yet it has something attractive.Even the Axe/ lynx phase,as a masculine deodorant one, is good. Tonka overload in the opening,patchouli,vetiver,cacao-very guerlain- dry down.It didn't remind me of Amen.to me it has a sort of dior homme,with some Armani code ultimate,axe and Linstant vibe.I loved the bottle and the commercial.i love mr.kortajarena.more suitable for a younger crowd.it is a more fun,laid back and sexy fragrance.made to sell.

I like L'Homme Ideal so far, but I smelled it only once on my bf, I should test it more.
I liked it because it smelled pleasant and not aggressive, but I didn't love it or was very impressed. It was too sweet and sugary and nothing close to real vintage Guerlain, but that's probably all they could do with folded hands. Old raw materials are gone, what do you expect? That was the key in the Guerlains and blending mastery, of course, but when you have little left to be blend what will you blend?
L'Homme Ideal is a guiltyless modern Guerlain. It's a sign of our times, both material and tastes. I wonder if Guerlain tried to attract younger crowds with this one, those young crowds that loathe being pop and need refinement (at least the brand) but whose noses would wrinkle at the oldies.
Here we have it: the sugar man of the 3rd millenium.

livio.marucci
livio.marucci

The biggest problem here is that most of fragrantica viewers are too demanding with Guerlain...
The company always comes with marvelous scents... They are extremely creatives and original... and when they are not pushing the envelope too hard, people start to complain...

I will compare L'Homme Ideal with most of the market:

It has a sweet scent... it hints a bit of A*Men... but it is not that addictive...
There is a lacking of that roast smell that resembles coffee, malt or ovaltine... but at the same time it smells more trendy, chic and modern than Mugler's fragrance.

Tonka bean (vanilla) is very well dosed such as the almond scent...
If it was a bad perfumery house they would probably make it too sweet or too woody... And you have to consider: it is very easy to go wrong with those notes... But Wasser shows all his talent in the balance of this eau de toilette.

It is smart and sexy... It would remind a men that kissed a girl wearing Angel with some masculine almond between... A nice fragrance for young men... and maybe some young women

It is not a masterpiece... but it is not a tragedy as people are reviewing... comparing to Paco Rabanne's 1 Million it is light years ahead!

7,5/10

soudenEast
soudenEast

People say a fragrance is boring and nothing special and all. But onece they start receiving compliments from friends and others, they reverse their views fast, expressing how they love the great frag.

Josep

A great disappointment, smelling of cheap perfume, nothing special stands the odor of bitter almonds. Guerlain goes astray with new fragrances for men.

velb95
velb95

Nice advertisement clip with just a great message: "The ideal man is a myth, the fragrance is a reality". About the perfume itself... Just no comment.

Mr. Beaux
Mr. Beaux

Guerlain reworked AXE Dark Temptation smell. Smells cheap and banal.

mrCoL
mrCoL

Wasser will be the end of Guerlain. His fragrances are mediocre at best. None of his fragrances ever stand out and they are the polar opposite from what Guerlain used to be. It's joining the lower leagues now. Such a shame this wonderful fragrance house has basically gone.

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

Sampled L'Homme Idéal today.

What I get is a lemony tonka straight-out-of-a-deodorant note that quickly vanishes to give way to a simplified and cliché caramel wood accord, edgy, cheap-synthetic and unrefined. A totally soulless smell that has its place on the shelves of a supermarket, between Axe and Scorpio.

Sorry Guerlain, but I don't believe that the genuine "Ideal Man" has the flat, boring personality and low performances that you replicate with such perfection and talent in your latest creation.

You literally put me to sleep. À bon entendeur.

Pelander
Pelander

Finally I tried today and not bad at all. Perhaps I was expecting something worst due to the negative comments here. I think that any brand of perfumes has to offer diferent kind and type of scents, so this is the sweet-gourmand offer from Guerlain. Not an original release but we have to bear in mind it's not easy to be original in this type of gourmand scents nowadays.

It´s somehow similar to A-Men, Lolita Lempika and also to Desire Dunhill (all of them french scents) but, in my opinion, much more classier than these fragrances. It has Guerlain´s quality without any doubt.

If I had to choose something gourmand for my next autumn purchase, this will be my 1st option for sure.

Great projection and longevity without being too invasive as A-Men. During the 6 hours I´m wearing the sample of this scent, it's being a compliment getter. Not so bad then...

Try it and judge for yourself.

bcoops

Even with all the hate still can't wait to check this!

beep_beep
beep_beep

"Guerlain decodes men's aspirations and creates for them a concentrate of ideal." Which men are they talking about? 6th graders? Sheeps? Marketers...?

L'Homme Ideal? Says who? The fragrance is soulless, lame, depthless, superficial and highly forgettable. The bottle is gorgeous, though... Beautiful on the outside but boring as hell on the inside... Meh, I've always preferred personality over physical characteristics anyway.

Sorry Guerlain, but your Ideal Man doesn't attract me AT ALL!

daithi
daithi

I've just tried it today. The perfume starts with a blast of dry citrus embracing a note of sweet almond and tonka bean (the "amaretto" accord) linking "L'homme idéal" directly with the bit hit "La petite robe noire". The inclusion of almond in the formula is by far the most interesting part of the fragrance thanks to its slightly bitter undertone. Unfortunately, after half an hour, the fragrance becomes linear and boring. The vanillic woody base is rather generic, found in dozens of male perfumes existing in the market nowadays. "L'homme idéal" has been created to appeal to the mass market and seems that Thierry Wasser composed the fragrance borrowing some ideas and accords from the ultimate hits of male perfumery, from the modern classics Amen by Mugler and Dior Homme to Bleu de Chanel, One Million by Paco Rabanne and Valentino Uomo.

The result is nice, but I was expecting something more deep and bold from Guerlain. Where's the creativy? Where's the audacity? Guerlain says in the advertising campaign that their "ideal man" is sharp, elegant and strong. I think that they forgot to add the most obvious: his lack of personality.

katacran
katacran

Well...I guess guerlain forgot to mention it has a ton of patchouli;)

Ivano
Ivano

This starts very original with a little citrus mixed with burnt caramel and a liquor vibe for some minutes. As the fragrance starts to develop on skin the tonka note starts to become prominent providing an almond vanilla smell mixed with the characteristic and extremely dry vetiver signature of the brand. You can tell just by smelling this that it's a Guerlain.

This fragrance has great sillage and longevity, and due to its sweetness should be applied carefully during the hotter months.

I'd say L'Homme Ideal has a smoky sweet feeling without any powderiness. It's really pleasant and very wearable. I will buy this fragrance in fall for sure.

ChanelNo3
ChanelNo3

Definitely not your typical mature Guerlain cologne, but none-the-less this is intoxicating! Modern, young, and very unique. Due to it's smooth nutty sweetness, this could also be a great unisex scent. Reminds me of Lolita Lempicka almost with it's sweet almond, almost amaretto-like nuances. Is also a bit similar to Chopard Wish. Apart from being fairly one-dimensional, this cologne is utterly addictive! It's not complex but I can forgive Guerlain for that because this cologne reaches me on a deep carnal desire.

Paulo Daher
Paulo Daher

I bought in Paris last week and like it. Its modern, soft but smell a good perfume for men.

Jerrythecat
Jerrythecat

Not much worth being called Guerlain this one! Absolutely pungent and nothing that would make me buy it! I tested it at the airport on its launch day and we are so far from style, elegance and class. I predict it will not stay "alive for ever"

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain L’Homme Ideal fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Guerlain L’Homme Ideal, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L’Homme Ideal by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L’Homme Ideal by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.