Designers » F-H » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

dislike

I have it: 671 I had it: 231 I want it: 649 My signature: 32

almond
L'Instant Magic Guerlain for women Videos
L'Instant Magic Guerlain for women Pictures L'Instant Magic Guerlain for women Pictures L'Instant Magic Guerlain for women Pictures

In September 2007, Guerlain launched L'Instant Magic, this time as Eau de Parfum and Parfum (regular version), together with a range of additional products. The fragrance features floral, woody and musk notes. There is bergamot in the top, rose and freesia in the heart and white musk in the base. The perfume was created by Randa Hammami of Symrise, 2007. It comes as EDP in 30 ml, 50m l and 80 ml bottles, and as concentrated Perfume in a 7.5 ml bottle.

L'Instant Magic was created by Sylvaine Delacourte and Randa Hammami.

Anise Bergamot Lemon

Diamante

L'Instant Magic Fragrance Reviews

Englishrose4
Englishrose4

So this is for powder lovers like me, gorgeous creamy almonds, musky honeyed grown up flowers and then that silky woody powder bomb goes off.

I have the original L'Instant, which I love equally but I would say that is a lot more honey and flowers where as this a lot more about almonds, then vanilla and sandalwood.

This lasts a good 6 hours and is fabulous on fabric, I think it is very comforting smell and reminds me of a reassuring squeeze of the hand from a loved one.

I found this really came alive on a recent blustery autumnal day that had a nip in the air.

vongocap
vongocap

Not a memorable scent, there are already tons of sweet almond vanilla iris scents out there, and though guerlain does usually create really well done quality scents, and often masterpieces, we did not need actually another one of that kind. Anyway it's well done, the ingredients are well balanced, so if you are addicted to almonds and you can't get enough of in your perfumes, this is a good choice. Personally, I far prefer original l'instant, much more on the floral side, and fortunately, no almonds at all!

Czarcasm
Czarcasm

Strong, heavy but sweet scent upon spraying it. I can smell a mixture of flowers and lemon. I find it a bit too strong at this point.

After the top notes have died down it has changed into a warm, sweet floral smell. It's also a bit powdery.

I like the drydown best. The smell is simply beautiful. I'm getting mostly vanilla with some iris. The first few times I tried it I was unable to distinguish the almond, but after wearing it a couple of times I'm now getting lots of almond.

I really like L'Instant Magic, the only downside is that the initial smell is a bit strong and therefore a little harsh on the nose. Beware of overspraying! You really only need about two sprays of this or it becomes too much!

It's a luxurious fragrance that I personally would wear at night time or cold/rainy days. It fills me with warmth, like I'm snuggling with a blanket in front of a smoldering fireplace. It took me a while to really get this fragrance but now that I do, I've really come to love it.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

Lovely sweet iris and almond powder with a hint of musk. This is a great makeup scent. It does in fact remind me slightly of babies, but that isn't to say it smells like babies- rather that it smells like a gentle mother with a new child. It's quite sweet, much sweeter than anticipated actually, but not overwhelming. I honestly don't smell any of the notes except the almonds, iris, musk, and vanilla, but it's beautiful in its simplicity. It's warm and comforting, not a sexy scent at all but it brings a smile to my face whenever I smell it. It doesn't radiate out too far from the skin, but the longevity is great. I got just a little dab on my finger from the vial I'm using yesterday and I got little whiffs of beautiful fragrance all day long. Another masterpiece from Guerlain!

donimili
donimili

I thought that this perfume would be something else, because when i first applied it it was so strong and all that powder was maybe even little overwhelming. But that was for about 5 min. After that, although still powdery, it was much much weaker. I think, about 2-3 hours later it silage has stopped being moderate and become very soft. That's on skin. I can still smell it on my scarf. Altogether, nothing much, nothing special, only very pricey.

Well I bought a testerbottle of pure parfum. and wow, its beautiful. I adore L'instant Magic but the EdP does not last on my skin, about 90 minutes its gone, now I try the Parfum and hopefully it will last longer on my skin. I love the Almond, Iris, Musk, Vanilla and the powdery mix. Very elegant and chic.

tja, jag har köpt en testerflaska av ren parfym, och wow den är fantastisk. jag avgudar L'instant Magic men den håller inte på min hud, borta inom 90 minuter, så nu provar jag ren parfym och förhoppningsvis så ska den hålla lite längre på mig. Jag älskar Mandel, Iris, Musk, Vanilj och puder-mixen. Otroligt elegant och chic.

Bihter
Bihter

No sillage, no longevity, but high price. If I spray only 1-2 spritz, I can not smell anything. But if I apply liberally, my stomach and head ache. You may say that it smells like baby powder, but for me this is an old fashioned scent.

Lily2911
Lily2911

For me this is The Best powdery perfume i ever encountered, i know that it is less admired by most of the guerlain lovers but it is such a lovely creamy perfume. Don't understand why some people find it a "loud " perfume, i associate IM more with softness and yuminess with an incredible dry down, it is the only perfume i sniff constantly from my wrist and it litterarly soothe my senses. Kenzo Amour is a bit familiar has same kind of "vibe" but i prefer IM much more. If you like refined powdery perfume you really need to try it. Not to confuse with l'Instant which is very different, more floral and sweet.

hsd1
hsd1

Upon first spritz, it is quite strong, but then becomes softer. It is a comforting baby powder soft smell. I think it could be worn night or day. I have an almond oil moisturizer on my hand and this on my wrist, and the combination is so wonderful, like a soft blanket powder puff. I can still smell this 4 softly lingering about 5 hours later and think it will go for a couple more hours. My 5 year old daughter (one of my in house reviewers) still thinks it is a bit strong. I want to try this on one wrist and Prada Infusion d'Iris edt on the other to decide which iris powder I need.

Scout
Scout

I'm going to be a bit more negative for this than other reviewers. My impression of this is one of personal preference. If you like this kind of scent, it must be overwhelmingly gorgeous for you. It is largely unpleasant for me, mainly because it is so overwhelmingly strong. The tone, the notes, the sweetness of this is fine enough. But it has an achingly overwhelming powdery projection. The sillage creeps into every crevice of your senses like fog rising into the space between trees in a forest, like steam accumulating in every open pore. It is STRONG, and could easily be offensive in a small space.
At first spray, it's light and is seemingly just a "thin veil" type of smell. But it develops and gets much much bigger over time. The scent compounds!
This is much more similar to My Insolence than I would have ever predicted. It has the same sweet synthetic feel and overwhelming construction, and the same sweet thick powdery vibe. The difference is that this is much more neutral and not "sour," if that description conjures up any helpful images for you.
I expected something a bit more nutty and warm, given the almond, vanilla, sandalwood,etc... Instead it's a wall of musk and sweet in a high-pitched shreik. This is the Lauder "Pleasures" of powdery smells. IMO it needs some depth, some grounding, but maybe that would be TOO oriental? I don't know...
And for what it's worth, both my husband and I got headaches the day I tested this. One spritz on my arm. That's it. He complained of having a sharp feeling against his skull (he didn't even know I had tested it), and then an hour later I got a similar stabbing feeling in the front of my head. Truly truly strong stuff.

muskymoi
muskymoi

L'instant Magic is simply sensational for a powdery gourmand. It's one of Guerlain's better gourmand offerings. The almond doesn't overwhelm me like the Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Poudre which catches in my throat. L'Instant Magic is smooth, creamy and the perfect blend of powder/woods/floral. The sillage is impressive and longevity is well above average (I'd say 8 hours) on my skin. And the compliments don't suck either. :)

kytikyti
kytikyti

First I must say this perume was really weird for me. My nose was used to mainstream and I didnt like it. It was too sweet for me. Now its obsession. Bergamot and almonds. Love it! Try the perfume aswell, its delicious!

Jenge
Jenge

All I was getting from this at first was a huge baby powder bomb. Nice, but... The more I smelled it, there was something familiar about it. My husband's signature is Givenchy Pi, and this smells like it could be Pi for women, especially as it dries down. A softer, subtler version of Pi to me. It must be the vanilla & almond notes.

Still very baby powderish though. I could see a well-to-do young mother who has all the best baby accessories wearing this!

Rux2589
Rux2589

There's something that bothers me at first when I spray this (the Bergamot, most likely - it doesn't mix well with my skin) - but oh my God, the dry down is fantastic! It's very warm and welcoming.

nataliepink2010
nataliepink2010

One of the most gorgeous perfumes i have come across, so creamy an soft you can barely smell it as it sits so close to the skin, subtle not overpowering like some perfumes, which makes it very sexy in my opinion, i have had many compliments whilst wearing this! :-)

jenniferz
jenniferz

Love it so much! What a luxury fragrance.

lisa o
lisa o

the iris note in this is very similar to the one in prada infusion d'iris. smells like a real iris, not synthetical, but somehow dusty and sour.
must be a totally different raw material than f.e. chanel uses in the "les exclusifs" line or even in no. 19.
I read somewhere that there is a speed-dried iris root that allows faster processing and therefore is not as breathtakingly expensive any more...I wonder if this could be the reason...

selinu

OMG... Magic , pureness and softness in a bottle. My fav so far for winter. It does smell like baby products but it so clean and pure omg I'm in love with this scent

Julia1992
Julia1992

It smells exactly like a shampoo I used to have a couple years ago... Gliss Kur it was, I guess.

Guerlain's L'Instant Magic smells quite delightful on the skin; a smooth, powdery floral, one that managed to boost my mood when I applied it for the first time this morning.

There's no disputing this fragrance's powdery nature, however it also has an element of underlying sweetness, possibly brought about by the almond accord. I can see why some reviewers liken L'Instant Magic to the scent of baby powder, however I would further argue that it has more depth than just powder.

The iris note is very prominent on my skin, more so than the almond. I really like the delicate femininity that this fragrance conveys. L'Instant Magic is one of those scents that could suit any woman of any age.

In all honesty, L'Instant Magic does have some synthetic undertones, however I wouldn't say that these minor faults make this scent any less enjoyable. I believe that L'Instant Magic may have a lot to do with skin chemistry. Thankfully on my skin this fragrance smells divine.

I was totally blown away by L'Instant Magic's longevity and projection. I applied three small dabs on my pulse points before leaving the house, and was inundated with compliments for the rest of the day. I highly recommend this flanker. It has more character than the original L'Instant.

the_blue_cat
the_blue_cat

On me, this perfume smells sweet and powdery at the same time, with a hint of cedar in the background. It's like candies and talcum powder mixed in together. For me, it's not really something to write home about.

marwamory
marwamory

I don't know why it took me too long to write about this lovely perfume this is one of the best with the most amazing powdery notes ever
if powdery perfumes have a teacher this perfume will be him
i searched so long to find a powdery perfume has the same amazing scent like this one but until now NOTHING is even compared <3

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

One of my many favorites. This is pure magic in a bottle. It mostly smells of violets and iris kissed with almonds softly wrapped in a sweetened vanilla (creamy but not thick) resting on a very balanced cedar and musk (musk of the softest kind) base. The rose isn't too detectable either, I think there's just enough to enhance the iris and violet. Strange even though it smells like iris violet, it doesn't , I mean it does but not like any other iris violet I've smelled (if that makes one bit of sense) The cedar really is not noticable, I think it's there mostly to balance things out. An absolute dream, perfect for a highstrung person that needs to relax or to help sleep or to feel sexy in a romantic way. This is a grown up's fairytale :)

Somewhat erotic and spiritual at once. If you ever want to evoke a sexy dream, this would be the perfect perfume to have dance on you skin as you sleep. ABRAKADABRA! Magical

I believe this would be excellent as an all year round perfume, day or night. In the daytime it's kind of soothing or slightly cooling maybe and its also perfect for night time because that same calming, cooling effect is also a huge part of this perfumes sexuality. So versatile, so easy to wear. I find myself craving it although there are some days that I simply cant wear it... like days when I'm feeling lazy but have so much to do... it's just too relaxing. lol Which is a good day I believe to wear the original. The longevity isn't great but it is very good. A unique but not over the top...beauty!

Overall 9/10

raw umber
raw umber

Thank you Vie Cafe, for introducing me to this lovely fragrance.

L'Instant Magique contains a facet of the ambiguous artificial fruitiness of Viva La Juicy, only this is just one facet. Viva La Juicy is like a jagged aluminum can next to this powdery-soft iris and almond musk. I'm surprised there's no heliotrope in here.

It's like Viva la Juicy with an expensive protective film over it.

L'Instant Magique is feminine, aloof, alluring, and introspective. This is a romantic fragrance, in that it would be better for dreaming than for socializing or for operating heavy machinery.

It reminds me of wearing clear lip gloss, big hoop earrings and dark eye-makeup with wispy pieces of hair escaping my ponytail and falling in front of my eyes, while sitting on the front steps in a black hooded cashmere sweater, watching the onset of evening.

hadassa
hadassa

I used to think that this baby is "boring", and even swapped a big bottle of it, which was a big mistake!

It is a true unpretentious beauty, it smells like an angel, or like an innocent child! Powdery iris, sweet almond, warm and soft musk. It's truly comforting and relaxing, and will never offend anyone.

It's a simple composition and there is no wow-factor in it, but it is exquisite and versatile. L'Instant Magic is one of these perfumes that smell like your natural scent, but better. In short, people will think you aren't wearing any perfume, but do smell like sweet almonds and vanilla naturally ;)

P.S. I don't think it's being discontinued, as the batch code on my bottle corresponds to February 2013 and it wasn't the newest one in the perfume store.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Ooooh!! This is way better than I expected!
I definitely get a the floral bouquet and the powdery accords of violet and almonds, with the sweetness of vanilla while the bergamot adds it's freshness to the composition.
I really like this one!
Thanks Anna!!

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

Most magic scent ever. There are days i can't smell it myself but my colleagues keep telling me that i smell fresh, like nivea cream covered with powdered almonds. On other days it's getting overpowering to me, one tiny spray is enough for whole day. It's very soft, comforting and feminine. Gives me clean feeling without being watery. Works definitely better with warm weather. It stays close to skin but it's noticeable. Lasting power is very good.

Orsyna
Orsyna

Very warm!I love almod.

po
po

I think L'instant Magic is the kind of perfume Arwen from The Lord of The Rings would wear. I'd never call it sexy but it's undoubtedly ultra-feminine and romantic in a pure, innocent way with an underlying dynamism.

Starts with a fresh anised lemon/bergamot combination that is shortly replaced by lots of (powdery) almonds, soft (powdery) violets and a smidge of (powdery) rose. All of them infused with the signature ''a la Guerlain'' vanilla.
The drydown is quite different as the initial part wears off and I mostly get skin-like musk and the subtle woody notes. Flawlessly blended. I'm very happy to find an almond - vanilla including perfume that actually works since Hypnotic Poison was a disaster on my skin.

I'd say projection is moderate and lasts for 5-6 hours.
L'instant Magic won't be the one to wear when in the mood to impress but I find it very calming and alluring in an effortless, relaxed way. I really like it!

Sarahlulu
Sarahlulu

So light, powdery, delicate and sensual.

The freesia is pure delight, as is the musk undertone.

mamufa
mamufa

strong, powdery, 100% feminine, sexy, sensuous
you need only high heels with it to win any man

CoolBreezes
CoolBreezes

Almond-y, woody goodness with a hint of citrus and iris. Suitable for year round, turns into a lovely skin scent after several hours. Gentle, sophisticated, very grown-up.

Dojdirena

I've got the answer from Guerlain Customer Relationship Department informing that Magic has not been removed from the range.

Is it true that it is discontinued ?! Does anybody know? ((

selinu

On my clothes its smells like a bit wet wipes but on My skin GOD! Its PERFECT! Soo soft and pure. Didn't find any lemon in this scent. One of the besties

Monroe
Monroe

This parfume is a disappointment for me.
Only lemon smells on my skin.
SORRY!

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Guerlain L'instant Magic opens with a strong lemon top note and slowly mellows to a powdery iris, warm almond, and sweet vanilla scent! I really love this fragrance it's not too sweet and not too powdery, the citrus from the lemon adds the perfect twist to this fragrance making it so unique! It's the perfect scent to make a subtle statement since it's not a mainstream fragrance and great for evening wear. Love it!

hadew1
hadew1

I received this for Christmas (upon request) without having tested it first, thinking it might be the mysterious almond-vanilla-licorice perfume I'd smelled years ago. While this isn't that mystery perfume, it is a very likeable scent. On me it mostly smells like baby wipes, but not in a bad way--the floral (mostly iris, a hint of rose and violet) and powder take the lead. No citrus, woods, vanilla, anise or even almonds (which everyone else seems to find so prominent).

It is comforting and calming rather than delicious or flirtatious, and I suspect this is the scent my as-yet unborn children will associate with me--it just seems appropriate for motherhood. (Not that moms can't be sexy or flirtatious; this is just a mellow scent I could see myself wearing every day while carrying children around.) More womanly than feminine, if that makes any sense.

Edit: After wearing it twelve hours I finally noticed some vanilla, musk and cedar. Impressive longevity--could still pick it up on my wrist almost 24 hours after application--less time on clothes. Medium sillage. More linear than I expected. My skin chemistry usually forces perfectly nice scents into sour-musk or sickly-sweet territory; this one was perfectly consistent the whole time I wore it. Very dependable perfume, although not quite as gourmand as I was hoping. I will probably layer with vanilla.

Gives me a bit of a headache, but so do most florals.

I can't wait to try some of the more assertive Guerlain scents now.

boruvka44
boruvka44

Perfect with almost identical smell of HiPP baby cosmetics.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

This smells totally comforting at FIRST, with the vanilla/almond opening and then the musk and iris bloom to keep this perfume from smelling like a cute baby. Let's say it smells like a beautiful confident woman holding a baby? I get a tartness from it, probably from the bergamot. The sharp sour anise makes an interesting combination with all the classic flowers in the heart part of the pyramid (narcissus, carnation, etc).

As others say, it is very powdery like talc but it is also so much more. More complex. The powder does not stay long on my skin, it goes pretty much straight to a flower/anise result. Very nice but not my favorite Guerlain. If you like a soft powdery, feminine, floral perfume a la Kenzo, and you also like licorice notes, you will probably enjoy this. But from Guerlain, I prefer the new Shalimar flankers to this for my powder fix. But still very nice and worth trying!

EDIT when the anise note disappear and I am in the base notes, I like it much better.

Elena4363
Elena4363

I love this parfume! It's really powdery. Very resistant.

alchimia72

Hallo, Auroramaria L'istant Magique is one of my beloved fragrances, one of my must. I owned three bottles of it and now I am finishing the last one. I fell in love with this fume 8 years ago. I had the experience to use it in combination of the magic body lotion and what I can say? Gorgeus, cozy, voluptuos experience. Very sensual fragrance with almond wonderfully blended with vanilla, iris and musk to get a beatiful sensation of delicous powder on your skin.

auroramaria
auroramaria

This is a really gorgeous scent which I has not smelt for quite sometimes, until this morning, I was out on a fragrance shopping spree and I took a lovely bottle home with me.
The almond in this makes me go crazy cause it's so well blended and so creamy makes the whole scent voluptuos and sensual.
It smells like a true Guerlain and makes me feel so pampered and cosy when I wear it I'll have to get the body lotion too to amplify the whole experience!!!

Nirsara
Nirsara

I totally fell in love with this scent... Dreamy and magical. Loved it... But everytime I wore it EVERYBODY said (shouted) I smelled bad. Bad chemistry with my skin, I guess. I had to give it up (not really pleasant when everybody's booing when you come near them), it's not for me... A great frangrance though...

summer05
summer05

This is my signature scent. Exactly what I need to feel: clean,simple,luxurious,feminine, glorious ,relaxed and super super elegant!.
Powdery like a baby shampoo, long lasting, never ever heavy,I promise this scent can not be boring at all .

I find an alternative scent witch is PRADA INFUSION D'LRIS , but GUERLAIN'S one is more and more feminine.

czerwinski1
czerwinski1

This on my skin smells, like rosey powder. Powerfull is monster,is very long lasting. Not blind e- buy.

jacoanna
jacoanna

I'm looking for it. Anyone sell or swap it? Thanks!

Migalex
Migalex

I love this one. I find it similar to Cinema although I like L'instant magique much better. It is sweet, although not too much, quite the right balance, there is even some freshness to it, and powdery. The scent is really nice, I actually find it the nicest and most interesting of all more recent Guerlain perfumes and one of the best perfumes out there. This one is really a good perfume, well structured and balanced, very pleasant, very well achieved. The only thing is that I wish it were stronger, but that is me, because the perfume is perfect. Staying power is good, like other Guerlain perfumes.

karolina30
karolina30

Was so disappointed when I tried this on me as I had first heard of it and smelt it when a girlfriend wore it and I totally fell in love with it but unfortunately not on me. Not withstanding that, I still think its a gorgeous fragrance - could not stop sniffing my friend as on her this perfume was divine, but on me it was way way too florally and did not smell the same at all. Shame really as I did want to smell like she did!! Another reason to try before you buy as we can react so differently when it comes to finding the right fragrance.

aidaida
aidaida

Everything (and even more) have been said by the beautiful reviews.(Almondy, yes, musky, yes, powdery, yes. Many perfumes have similar notes. But they don’t share in quality with this masterpiece.)
So let me not speak about the notes and the perfume itself, but my impressions. it’s like an eiderdown, thick and light like a frothy white cloud. I agree with rose selavie: dreamland. Incredibly tender. The touch of a feather, which fell down from heaven due to a careless angel.It’s for intimate, enchanted moments, with the beloved one. Not sexy, not daring. Caress. I don’t know a perfume which can be compared in softness with L’Instant Magic. Only when you’re not afraid of being vulnerable.
(I have the pure perfume. Sillage is very good, lasting power: 24 hours or more.)

RedGarden
RedGarden

i absolutely adore this scent , this is the best from all Linstant series,
its clean, creamy powdery, high quality almonde dessert , when i wear it i feel like all my environment become more steriliy and yummy
i allways get compliments from man and woman
beaware , this one is discontinued as i know so only few bottle remain on the shelf

krisa.kola
krisa.kola

This starts with a big boom of baby powder which later shapes in to more likeable almond+vanilla combo, but quickly dries down to sharp musk. Staying power is good.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

L'Instant Magic is my favorite of the L'Instant family. I'm also a huge fan of the original L'Instant. Magic's dry down is floral, woody, lightly musky, creamy and even a bit crisp & dewy. Crispy & dewy , like a huge bouquet of roses & almond blossom misted over with cool dew, just taken out of a flower cooler. Just gorgeous! I'm not a musk fan usually either, but the rose, almond blossom, bergamot & nutty wood notes mix flawlessly with the white musk on my skin. I think Magic's just heavenly!
I've read that Magic is supposedly nothing like its namesake. Though, I thought that Magic had very similar floral & fresh top notes, just like the original L'Instant. Guerlain's 'signature' almond blossom gives Magic that same creamy & honeyish gourmand quality of the original L'Instant. Personally, I think they smell vaguely similar. Magic does have some wonderful sillage. The lasting power is superb. 3 sprays have lasted on my skin well over 8 hours. Magic also smells great on fabric. When I'm wearing Magic I feel feminine, lovely, sensuous, confident and my mood 'magically' lifts!

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

This started so nice on my skin and even reminded me a little of Anais Anais. Later in the day it changed to a very soapy scent as if I had dabbed Tide on my pulse points. I just have a small sample bottle of this so I shall find someone who can wear it well.

Oh, I smelled this one again today after long time and felt taken again! It's strong, but lovely and not necessarily for wintertime (like L'Instant regular), but very enjoyable on winter scarves!
It's a lovely feminine perfume in the Guerlain style, reminds of L'Heure Bleue at some point.
Today I could smell the rose edge too. Rose + aniseed reminds me of some special harvest edition of Givenchy Very Irresistible, but with greater oomph and more notes blended in.
I dismissed it since a few months because my new bf doesn't like it! I will use it again anyway!
Lasting power is super-strong!

octobersun
octobersun

This is so feminine, so tender, so delicate and so powerful!
Just as the name says, I wear it for special moments during the days I find life especially beautiful and worth living.

pingui
pingui

I got a sample decant of this, hoping for the best, as I love a nice gourmand fragrance. (I guess I thought this was going to be a more intense version of the original).

I'm racking my brain trying to put my finger on what this reminds me of (clean diapers?) or maybe baby wipes. The last time I was around anything baby related was when I was 13, and tried my hand at babysitting. Needless to say, that was a long time ago!

I get soft, powdery, and some floral, but I miss the more foody notes of almond and vanilla. While, I like the scent of baby lotion, this is baby gone wrong in my mind. It does not feel sexy, or delicious, or anything remotely grown up.

I found a shop that still carried the limited edition EDP bottle. It looks just like the Mitsouko bottle, but pink. So charming.

I was immediately enamored with the scent. The almonds and vanilla are intense from beginning to end, making it the first perfume to rival the yumminess of Hypnotic Poison in the almond/vanilla department. All of the powdery iris gives it a bit of a marshmallow scent.

I can easily see the relation to the original L'Instant. They are both very powdery and have a sweet base. Magique is more gourmand, while L'Instant is better for floral lovers. I like them both, but I think Magique captivates me more. Lasting strength and projection are of the monster variety.

Guerlain perfumes frequently disagree with my chemistry, but I will be wearing Magique for many years to come.

scav
scav

Winter fragrance, didn't like the apple on top, but after a few hours I went back and get my bottle.
Stays perfectly on my skin, with almond and vanilla even after 24 hours. Amazing fragrance, love it.

Raisac
Raisac

Very warm, soft and powdery, "expensive" smell. Stays for a long time, can smell it next day. Wiill be great for a cold winter. Loved the sample, going to get the full bottle.

kalimera
kalimera

Wonderful ,elegant and powerful. I love it.

Absolutely wonderful. Soft, female-ish, sexy and powerful. On my skin I get Almond, Vanilla, Musk and a good splash of great Roses. Intensive but not a roomkiller. Down to basenote I can smell a light airy powdery note. This is a keeper!

Helt underbar. Mjuk, kvinnlig, sexig och kraftfull. På min hud känner jag mandel, vanilj, musk och en rejäl dos rosor. Intensiv men ändå ingen rumsdödare. När basnoten framträder så känner jag en mjuk lätt pudrig ton - verkligen härlig.

alchimia72

Powdery and almond with vanilla. Perfect fusion. Completely different from its brother L'istant. I love each of the two.

mediterranean
mediterranean

My eldest son, who is 17 chose this perfume for me. I gave him Idylle,L´instant,Eau de Guerlain and L´instant Magic to smell and give me his opinion and L´instant Magic was by far his favourite. I had never paid any attention to it although I had smelt it before,but his opinion made me reconsider it and, surprise surprise, I love it now.
It has got so many faces,it surprises you every time you smell your wrist. Well done for my son!

Spido
Spido

The initial smell was interesting, but after a while it got way too powdery and creamy. Not at all my style and taste. Dislike.

miss_piggy
miss_piggy

To me, this resembles something between JPG Ma Dame and Flower by Kenzo. I like it ;)

L'Instant Magique became one of my staples in time.
As I wrote before I bought it at duty free in Instanbul before flying to India, because I wanted a scent to remember my trip. At that time I thought that L'Instant was better and wanted to leave it as a signature. That never happened. I still like L'Instant regular but I find it cloying with honey and a little outdated, even if it's a beautiful perfume.
L'Instant Magique won me over in time, but I don't wear it often.
Any time I smelled my bottle I could see images of my trip to India!
I find it too strong and disturbing for daywear at work (also a waste of money!) but when I'm in the mood I dress more elegant and sexy (for what I can do) and wear L'Instant Magique and feel attractive!
It's a contrasting cold/warm scent, very powdery but with hints of spices, especially cloves, maybe from carnation, that makes it less flat and not all-about-talc! It's more of a balmy powder and thanks-god almond is gentle in this one!
I smelled no clear anise at first and still no lemon!
Now I smell more anise in the same way of L'Heure Bleue. Actually L'Instant Magique is very Guerlain in a sense because it smells like nothing else, unless it is another Guerlain!
Sillage is very good and lasting power on my skin is great!
It's expensive but worthy.

rose_selavie
rose_selavie

A soft, calm, almost therapeutic scent. It`s the nocturnal sister of the classic Instant. I apply L`Instant Magic mostly in the evening before going to sleep. It accompanies me in the dream land. It is great on skin, with good projection and superb on clothes.
A well balanced mixture of iris, violets, warm notes of almonds and sweet wood, is making his Guerlain ancestors being proud of such a good descendant.
Indeed Magic!

LittleSnowflake
LittleSnowflake

I'm sadly underwhelmed by L'Instant Magique. I dont actively dislike it: I dont feel it has anything remotely outstanding enough in its character to DISlike .. but for the same reason, i cant find anything about this fragrance to bring about any positive emotion either. I just feel very flat and 'blah' about it. To me it is nothing special at ALL!

I do find this very surprising, because since getting into fragrances ive been recommended L'Instant Magique a gazillion times, and it has always come across to me as being such a well-loved and popular scent. I just dont understand it!
Granted, i do tend to prefer the stronger type of frags - ones with presence and silage and lasting power, sadly none of which i feel L'Instant Magique possesses.

I dont feel sexy when i wear this scent.Not at ALL! I dont even feel girly and pretty. I dont feel 'clean' & ethereal. I dont feel warm and cuddly. I dont feel ANYTHING! - L'Instant Magique doesnt stir any emotion in me whatsoever. I just feel so flat and unaffected by this perfume. If anything (and please forgive me as i dont want to offend those who love it) i find it just a little bit old-ladyish.. i just get a really soft, unsexy, oldfashioned floral vibe from it on my skin, not the warm, almondy, yummy, youthful feel i was expecting.

Silage is poor. Longevity on me, medium to poor. Strength, poor. Overall impression = pure disappointment! =(
Oh well... i shall leave this scent to the many who love it so, and i shall stick to those scents that give me an ultimately much more exciting sensory experience than this flatliner.

Consequently, i have a brand new 50ml bottle of L'Instant Magique for swap, sprayed just 3x, if anyone is interested?

rawan.natsheh
rawan.natsheh

very lovely, although sweet, but still warm, feels like wearing silk, or eating candy!

Raquel73
Raquel73

Este perfume es solo polvo, polvo, y polvo, es horrible,solo huele a talco y no se puede oler nada mas,ademas yo odio las violetas y el melocoton en los perfumes,Guerlain no sabe hacer nada que no lleve violetas?He probado muchos perfumes suyos y la verdad ninguno me gusta :-(

SheShe
SheShe

I'm wearing L'Instant Magic to recall the feeling when I wear it. It's cold today and I've forgotten about my sample a bit.

So - about the fragrance:
it's great for cold days, works well day and night. It starts kind of black-pink and then goes brighter (pink). It's a powdery smell, thanks to iris and almonds I suppose, and it makes you feel warmer. Sweet but in an elegant way. This is not kitschy but classy - but it goes to satisfy as many women as possible. It has to sell. Still it's a very good fragrance.

I like it, I can detect anise, rose (not much), violet, a hint of mimose and wood but almonds are the most prominent. Similar in climate? Vintage - Kate Moss and Boucheron - Trouble, but Trouble is darker. And Jil Sander, Jil - the pink one, that's the most similar I think, still different, because L'Instant Magic is unique.

Compared to classic L'Instant edt - I prefer classic L'Instant, it's even more classy and more mature, one of my top 5.

Bottle is pretty- classy and simple.

Update: finally I've matured to buy a mini of L'Instant Magic - my samples came to an end ;) There's something in this fragrance making me come back to it - maybe it's not my favourite but a very good fragrance indeed. Guerlain is one simple word-classy, it seems I couldn't resist this fragrance either ;)

Lasting power and sillage-very good.

maraika
maraika

I tested Magique along with L'Instant and i like this one much better. Magique is rich, powdery, woody and luxurious. I think it's perfect for cold weather and night time. But IMO you have to be in the mood to wear it.

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

Today is my Guerlain day. I've already put Champ Elysees, when I decided to dab a bit of L'Instant Magique on my wrist.

Being familiar with L'Instant since my mother wore it at a certain time, I think L'IM is closer to Champs Elysees than to it's bigger sister. While l'Instant is very musky-vanillic (bordering gourmand for me, there is too much almond in it) and somehow more white-flowery and thick, L'IM centers on creamy violet. In the first half an hour there is something in it that makes me think of ice cream, or at least cold cream, must be the almonds and the vanilla.

The drydow is very powdery-woody but immensly enjoyable. I love the cedar-vanilla-sandalwood with its anise twist.

For me this is a modern remake of Champs Elysees that bypasses the big peach accord common to some of the landmark fragrances of the 90's. Likable, sultry, versatile and yet has something special. The lasting power is very good and the sillage is compelling.

nicki317
nicki317

It's nice. Not exactly "wow", but not bad either. I got a miniature of this in a set and I keep it at work just in case I somehow forget to put on a fragrance in the morning. It is a good work scent, it is soft enough that it won't give your co-workers a headache. It reminds me of baby powder too, but with floral undertones. I don't know if I would buy a regular size bottle. Maybe I should try it again and report back...

Kchild
Kchild

It's taken me a long time to write about this very intimate love. It can be difficult to put something so emotional into words. But....I'll try......(that's why we're here right??)

Soft, powdery, romance. This is ultra feminine cloud like nirvana on my skin. I get compliments every time I wear this. It's the stuff of pink tulle and satin slippers. There's not an aggressive bone in this perfumes body. It draws people closer, creates an aura of trust. (My very favorite type of scent!)This is a comfort scent that you could wear to the opera or at home watching a movie and it would be perfectly appropriate in either place. For me this is also one that gets a lot of attention from men. (Usually wondering what it is so that they can get some for their wives....)

This is blended seemlessly. I get no corrolation between this one and the original. I find them to be quite different. Magique is freesia, vanille, and almonds predominantly on my skin. I can smell a bit of rose as well but for the most part my nose doesn't take this creation apart.That's fine w/me. I have no desire to isolate the notes when the overall effect is so alluring.

This is 100% Magique indeed w/my chemistry. It's one of those rare finds that feels as if it were custom made just for me. The body lotion for this is an exact duplication of the scent. Love it! I also have the pure parfum and it's also fabulous. Just a couple of dabs will last beautifully all day and into the evening.

If I were to use one word to describe this gorgeous aroma it would be~captivating.I believe that's the perfect word. It would have made for a short review however......

sweefa
sweefa

I had some expectations about this one, but alas it's just perfumed plastic powder, extremly simple and boring. Stale and sticky in the end. This perfume is one reason why I have no trust in big names.

pauluch3
pauluch3

I guess, it's more modern than L'instant, yet they both are really similar. Starts out quite fresh and flowery. The base is all about almonds, soft and creamy. I think I like this one better than the original. I need to sniff them a little more to decide which one to buy.

This is a nice powdery and yummy scent. I like this version more than the original. I was tempted in buying it, but test-sprayed it first. On me I didn't like it much anymore and considering the high price I didn't give it a further try. In the drydown it was a good but common floral oriental. There are too many like this out there.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Has very promising notes but I couldn't like it. Dry and powdery without much character. I love L'Instant EDP though.

godunga
godunga

My Best Perfume!!
I Love L'Instant Magic > a

mjb28
mjb28

This opens green, woody floral musk,and citrus-y and smells of L'Instant original. Then I could smell the lighty powdery fruit almond notes, which makes the scent interesting a typical richness of the classic Guerlain fragrances. Yet this is crisp, soft, dreamy, sophisticated, powdery clean and fresh, very feminine, modern, yet sexy in a subtle way with oriental nuances. It is certainly the mellow and rich composition that brings a comforting feeling. Long lasting recognizable sillage, just keeps on lingering! I can see myself wearing this everyday and consider this as my signature scent because this is a beautiful romantic perfume. An instant magic potion!!!

zsazsa
zsazsa

L'Instant Magic is a fragrance that you wear for your own pleasure and enjoyment. It is not loud and the sillage is subtle, so your environment probably won't notice it and it will not make a grand entrance when you enter a room either. However, it is yummy, comfortable, calming and soothing. I like this very much as a day-time fragrance. It is powdery, the almonds-lemon-vanilla combination smells amazing, and like one member already said, it is kind of addictive. It is completely different from L'Instant. I like them both though, but right now, I prefer Magic as a go-to everyday fragrance. I also have the body lotion and it smells heavenly. I just wished they hadn't put the glitters in it.

oriens
oriens

Ummm.. Its a nice "cold" perfume.. very powdery.. but on my skin, it disappeared after 5 minutes.
Very poor lasting power!

Marisa36
Marisa36

OMG!!! This is the one!! Finally found a fragrance my hubby loves! It is clearly a miracle. Elegant, sophisticated and subtle yet sexy. Strong contender for my new signature scent. Just lovely!

dina
dina

I'm so exited ... I wanted to purchase this one for sometime now and I finally did :)
It's an amazing powdery fragrance, one of the best actually in this category. It's subtle, luxurious, yet have a great staying power. It's a million time better than the original L'instant and very different...

noharadwan
noharadwan

my sister first introduced to me the original l'instant and i was overwhelmed with the amazing classy sensual smell i got on my skin, i intended to go and buy it , this is when i saw magic , its really magic as it made me forget all about the original one and stick to it .. magic is a very powdery floral scent , i got no top notes at all .. even the musky base is so soft in a way that cant be noticed ... you will feel like bathed in rose and violet, if you are not into powdery perfumes ,then forget about this

Nicole79
Nicole79

L'instant Magique...test it on my skin a time ago and....no.... i don't like it :(
There is something about it that makes me feel nauseous !
... That sweet - bittery ( almonds ) ,-powdery base turn me off !
I prefer L'instant , much more interesting and nicer than this version !!!! ....;(((

I was going to buy L'Instant EdP in July, but for some reason I went for this one at duty free early in august and taken it with me for a long trip to India.
I wore it only a few times there. I like it, but never grew on me like other Guerlain, not even the bad way.
In Indian hot wet polluted air wearing perfume was not a good way to use it, somehow more of a wasting.
I left it in my luggage unused until I was back home and only 2 weeks later I could feel confortable wearing it. I don't know exactly why. It may be emotional or about the fragrance itself?
The jus smells nice and feminine, very powdery and vanillic but not cloying.
Listed notes don't make much sense to my nose.
No star anise, nor lemon, only a fruity fresh start then tons of iris, cloves and vanilla (non foody).
Sillage is good, staying power could be better.
Magique? If so, I need to discover yet.
Original L'Instant is more enticing, this one is pretty.

Edit December 2010: oh, I sprayed it again and now it is my perfume!

cherubkiss
cherubkiss

I agree with a previous review, you either love or hate this perfume. I find this perfume very powdery and it reminds me of sweet baby talcum powder. I am Guerlain fan and believe they are masters in the art of perfume making. Unfortunately this perfume does not inspire me what so ever. I am not giving up on it yet, I will try it in the winter, it may possibly be different but for summer its a big NO.

samsara1977
samsara1977

I don't know what's wrong with this one, but I get headaches from it. The composition smells so cheap, vanilla and violet, it's like they didn't bother making it wearable and it give it some lighter notes. I'm not a vanille lover in perfumes but this is really overdone, sorry for thos who love it (and wear it).

Contessa01
Contessa01

I smelt both this and the original L'instant today and the original is so much nicer!!!! It is soft and sexy but this is very strong violet, a real scrubber. If you dont like this either try the original its completely different and really nice

elusivek
elusivek

I had to wait a moment when I sprayed this for it to settle and be coherent. I didn't get any discernable citrus; instead I got amber, woodsy, and a little spice. It was warm and sensual, so nice.

However then it took a massive floral powdery turn and that element changed it completely. It went from being subtle and sexy to mature, flat, and unimpressive.

It's so frustrating because I can smell the sultry amber/woods base and it just calls to me but it's dwarfed by cloying floral and tons of powder.

Someone mentioned a similarity to Shalimar, I agree. I also think it's quite odd that a fragrance released in 2007 would have such a retro feel to it, unless it was intentional.

I wanted to love it but I just can't.

Roma27
Roma27

This fragrance evokes a childhood memory of eating Liqourice. Stealing candy from the hideaway stash. I wear this when in an extremely silly & naughty mood. It becomes powdery & creamy on my skin.You will either love it or hate it. If subtle soft fragrances is not your thing then don't bother with this one. That being said this one has still become My Vice!

Guerlain L'INSTANT MAGIQUE reminds me a bit of Kenzo FLOWER, probably because of the dominant violet, rose, vanilla and musk, which somehow combine to produce a freshly powdered clean white diaper scent. Because of the almonds and vanilla, this composition strikes me as more of an oriental floral than a floral woody musk. L'INSTANT is a wood-rich composition; L'INSTANT MAGIQUE is not.

I prefer L'INSTANT to this flanker, which, while pleasant, doesn't chart any new territory on the grand map of the olfactory Ur-sphere. But L'INSTANT MAGIQUE is a likeable enough creation, which I might* wear if I owned a bottle. Unfortunately, the Guerlain name does not suffice a masterpiece to make. (No offense to Guerlainophiles intended--I feel the same way about Chanel!)

*Update a couple of hours later: I must confess to finding the smell of freshly powdered clean white diapers entirely unenticing. I feel as though I'm trapped in a nursery. I do wholeheartedly aver, however, that given the choice, I'd take the smell of clean over that of dirty diapers any day. (-:

guest_heidi
guest_heidi

First impression of this perfume is quite good, but very quickly it turns into sth blah. Sorry to all who like it, but: it smells 100% like baby powder to me, and nothing more. If you want an elegant or sexy scent this is not for you. You will smell like a fresh powdered baby imho.

Manya
Manya

The violet heart notes and vanilla and almond creamy base take my breath away, every time I test this perfume!

The last time I tested it, it was in winter, and the scent seemed richer, creamier, the almond notes were more bitter.

Now, in spring, it seems softer, especially on skin.

katabra
katabra

When I first sprayed this I could smell nothing at all so I told the shop assistant who was trying to help me that maybe that's why they call it magique.A few seconds later I was able to detect something but I believe this is a definetely summer teenage smell.It's very very soft.

minty
minty

soft, powdery, sweet... I love it, but so soft for me :)
everybody can buy without test it. It reminds me "sensi" too much but much more softer.

ljira
ljira

This precious fragrance is for those who love powdery, tendre, but not weak perfumes, as well as for Shalimar lovers.
Very rich, sophisticated, slightly citrusy notes in the top, followed by flowers, wood and musk till the base. Feminine and rather sexy.
It lingers all day giving extremely wide spreaded aura.

L Instant Magic took my heart in a second and seems forever, but I am glad. My recommendation. Worthwile.

Mochagirl
Mochagirl

Since I ventured to label this my No.1 favourite perfume, everyone is crazy about my scent and gives compliments in the first minute. Strange! Perhaps it also depends on your chemistry, and it seems we have grown on each other with this fragrance. I've got a big bottle for my birthday recently, and yes, it is my absolute favourite!

lucifera
lucifera

im a big fan of the floralwoodymusk group but it happends that i find some of them totally boring and plain..instant magique is one of them sadly but true :( a no go for me...nice on others but i prefer instant de guerlain ;-)

Adriana_87
Adriana_87

I just love this soft,beautiful and creamy perfume.I have been using it theese days,and it really comforts me through the cold and dark winter days.It is very longlasting too.My sister made a joke that i smell like a baby because the smell reminds her of baby products..lolAnother star by Guerlain.

Flowercat
Flowercat

I picked up L'Instant Magic at Marshall's on a whim, and upon first sniff, thought I'd wasted my money...Then the sharp citrusy intro settled into a powdery, gentle sweetness that made me wonder if I was smelling something else--hand lotion or a pretty whiff of fabric softener from my clothes maybe? I sprayed on more, and to my delight, the same sequence of events developed, first the harsh, bitter scent followed quickly by the delightfully soft, sweet, powdery wafts of a very pretty fragrance. It's been a while since anyone has stopped to compliment my fragrance and ask why I smell so good, but with L'Instant Magic, this has started happening. I'm happy to have found a perfume that mixes well with my chemistry at last! It's definitely worth a try if you like subtley girly, powdery scents with a touch of sweetness.

Wim Janssens
Wim Janssens

Randa and Sylvaine made a wonderful duo in the process of creating this love elixir! When Sylvaine Delacourte works together with another nose - to create a fragrance for the House that is so precious to her - the result is always that innovative like only Jacques Guerlain also could. The powdery notes of Iris mixed with fresh notes, a bit gourmand, the love for L'Heure Bleue, Guerlinade and Après L'ondée - this creation does reminds me to all of this glorious creations. A fragrance so modern but so in honour of the tradition and heritage of Guerlain. Sylvaine's signature is one of great honour!

femmeasis
femmeasis

First I thought that I don't like it that much. But after few times I wear this on me I felt like I was addicted. Still, I want to put it on from time to time.

I asked several men what do they think about the fragrance and what they told was that it seems pretty much familiar and usual for a woman to wear :-( I don't know why do they say so.

notme
notme

It's a bit disappointing as I had great expectations from this fragrance.
To me it's exagerately powdery; the floral bouquet is wonderful, but it's suffocated by a strong cotton smell which lasts and doesn't make way for the flowers at all. It continually smells like cotton on me. Maybe it works for others.

alicektn
alicektn

It IS magic...Like something a romantic fairytale heroine would wear. Powdery and fragile, and at the same time deep with an underlying dynamism.

The top/middle notes are very well blended and I can't tell them all.But I can understand the cedar and the Iris between the powder, and also a fruity note like peach -who knows what it can be. All in all it's very similar to L'instant ,but gentler. Good for me, since I love L'instant but getting dizzy from it.

The lasting power is excellent and all of its phases are equally beautiful.

zvoncica
zvoncica

If you`re fan of Instant most certainly you will also love this one. It`s even more deep, complex and unique Guerlain.

Flowers and powdery notes give to Magique warm, sensual and alluring chemistry. This perfume is among rare with truly multidimensional composition.

There are several reasons for Magique existence which I can think of: to mesmerize, infatuate, enchant.
P.S.For women only.

PORSCHA
PORSCHA

A very musky, powdery floral, I dont mind it, but it isn't one of my favourites. It tends to last on my skin for a long time. Innitially it tends to snell a little too strong, but whenit settles it smells nicer and settles into a musky, velvety smooth scent.
I prefer to wear this one in the evening, it does get me compliments quite often too!!

Cathrine
Cathrine

This is absolutely gorgeous scent. I was hesitating about buying it, since it is associated with maturity, this fragrance is not for a girl, but rather for a woman I think. And if you want to impress someone you should try it on! Be sure, you won't be dissapointed.

CurlyWurly
CurlyWurly

Wonderful powdery and creamy scent. I love it. It´s so elegant and subtile. Not overpowering at all!

mmizy
mmizy

I agree with the remarks that this fragrance is romantic, soft and subtle. IT is almost calming. It reminds me of more faint and sweeter Valentino Rock and Rose. Initially i thought that the components might have been too heavy for a hot day but I was wrong. Happy to have it as a new addition to my collection

essija
essija

I must confess that I really enjoy the musk in this one. So soft and sublte, and absolutely mouthwatering. I wouldn't compare it to the orginal b/c Idon't think they are anything alike and I do love the original. I usually can't wear musk b/c it makes my eyes water and this seems to really work on me. So glad I picked it up!

Elumina
Elumina

My first impressions of this perfume werent positive and i thought 'well, another Guerlain i cannot stand' but now i take back what i thought, because its so pleasant on my skin right now.
Of course its a real floral woody musk (one of my favorite olfactive group). Its a little bit floral, i really like the powdery violets in the heartnote and there is also a hint of woody sweetness which was created by tonka bean and creamy sandalwood in combination with vanilla, somehow romantic and not overpowering, quite elegant and comforting.
I would recommend it for day and also for night, maybe sitting in a exquisite restaurant, dine finest dishes and drinking wine. Just reckless and jauntily, Just Magic ;)

cocomademoisellerie
cocomademoisellerie

Often, new versions of older parfums stand behind their big sistas, but this one is sth totally different to the original. In comparison, I find it even better than L'Instant, which is already soft, calming ang caressing. Magique is more: more balsam, more powder, more flowers, more sweetness, more maqique...

BlackIvory
BlackIvory

Its a lil sweet on my skin at first but i love the drydown..sexy with a hint of muskiness and just the right amount of powdery feel to it

Wildeparker
Wildeparker

I find this has more personality than L'Instant. L'Instant is a new classic and everyone loves it etc... But it's like a Hollywood blockbuster - everyone enjoys it but it's no-one's favourite. L'Instant Magic is a bit more selective, it restricts its audience more. The muskiness makes it sexier and more original. I love L'Instant but I prefer L'Instant Magic because it's more unique.

guiwings
guiwings

I tested it and found it really magical. I imagined myself in a fancy dress and dancing.

It's a fragance very pleasent to my nose.

leonora84
leonora84

Along with original L'Instant, it is a gem, in my humle opinion. Creamy, voluptous, lush fragrance with a really faint hint of almonds and sugary sweetness. The dominant in here is the typical musky creaminess (like the typical Nivea scent) with a slight fruity tartness. But it is not a floral woody musk, on my skin, because the typical "dryness" of this category is not present. It is a compliment-getter, too, but it is not so easy to wear as L'Instant. It is too musky, compared to L'Instant. So noone should spray it on too warm skin, it could be too animalic. Otherwise it is a gem for cold, clean days. It is not funny, it is calm, lovely, melancholic, dreamy and cozy.

DawnLady3
DawnLady3

This was one of those fragrances that I loved when I first sprayed it on, but tired of very quickly. It is very bright and sparkling and pretty, but I think would suit a younger woman than me. It does not have great depth or mystery, but it is very pretty and certainly has its place.

PR
PR

Yup, same to me, not very unique, though still Guerlain. It was too sharp for my nose and thus annoyng. But it's still modern I think, more modern than Champ Elysees, though I like the last one more. I though it is just initial sharpness( alcohol?), that would dissapear within 10 minutes or so, but it stayed even after few hours. And I found it to be more floral fruity, or is it sharpness of scent confused me?

I thought it must be more unique than this.in fact I don't get any special sense by smelling it.

klonk
klonk

Takemyhusbandplease, I could have written your revieuw about Magic myself....! You take the words right out of my mouth. Magic is just heavenly (I think I've searched many years for a perfume like this!). Well, I almost feel the same about the original l'Instant.....! Beautiful. I think I might be a Guerlain fan.

a bit vintage
a bit vintage

At first I liked this, then as the day wore on it just smelled powdery, and reminded me of an old lady. Ick. Didn't work for me, disappointing.

guest_pippi
guest_pippi

I had a huge battle with myself in a perfume shop, in a scence I had to choose between Ange ou demon (Givenchy)and L'instant magic.After smelling for hours my both wrists, I desided on ange ou demon and I have to tell you-I'm sorry.I think I wore more often L'Instant magic, passing everyday through a parfumerie to take my dosis-a drop of it.this one is really magic,I buy it next. I don't like the original, I think too they are quite different

angelineangel
angelineangel

My husband got me this - by mistake, it should have been L'INSTANT original (which he got after xmas for me because I was upset!) - and even though I have tried to love it, I just can't.

It reminds me of Lutece an 80s scent my mother use to wear...arrghhh!

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

L'Instant Magic is my favorite of the L'Instant family. I'm also a huge fan of the original L'Instant. Magic's dry down is floral, woody, lightly musky, creamy and even a bit crisp. Crispy, like a huge bouquet of roses & almond blossom misted over with cool dew, just taken out of a flower cooler. Just gorgeous! I'm not a musk fan usually either, but the rose, almond blossom, bergamot & nutty wood notes mix flawlessly with the white musk on my skin. I think Magic's just heavenly! I've read that Magic is supposedly nothing like its namesake. Though, I thought that Magic had very similar floral & fresh top notes, just like the original L'Instant. Guerlain's 'signature' almond blossom gives Magic that same creamy & honeyish gourmand quality of the original L'Instant. Personally, I think they smell vaguely similar. I've also read that Magic's sillage is supposed to be immediately recognizable- it's true! My husband immediately took notice. He loves Magic & he also loves the original. Magic does have some wonderful sillage. The lasting power is superb. 3 sprays have lasted on my skin well over 8 hours. Magic also smells great on fabric. When I'm wearing Magic I feel feminine, lovely, sensuous, confident and my mood 'magically' lifts! Magic is definitely bottleworthy! 5 stars out of 5!!!

lillybee
lillybee

Unfortunately I confused this one with the original L'Instant and bought a huge bottle of it... well... it is nice... trickly citrusy, powdery balmy floral with a sexy woody base... to sum up quite Guerlain-y, the usual quality stuff but absolutely NO WOW factor with this compared to L'Instant. An entirely different composition, I find it a marketing trick to put this along the same line as the other members of the L'Instant series... My mark on this is 4 out of 5.

L'Instant Magic by Guerlain 4.17 out of 5 based on 870 ratings and 129 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain L'Instant Magic fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain L'Instant Magic, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Instant Magic by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Instant Magic by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.