Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

dislike
Total people voted: 2007

I have it: 1394 I had it: 695 I want it: 1406 My signature: 45

honey
L'Instant de Guerlain Guerlain for women Pictures L'Instant de Guerlain Guerlain for women Pictures L'Instant de Guerlain Guerlain for women Pictures L'Instant de Guerlain Guerlain for women Pictures L'Instant de Guerlain Guerlain for women Pictures L'Instant de Guerlain Guerlain for women Pictures

The new Guerlain perfume (2003) for the first time contains magnolia. This delicate and complicated perfume is in harmony with the citrus honey note, which can be scented from the top all the way to the bottom notes. This is a innovative perfume composition built like a 'double olfactory pyramid'. The perfume opens with fresh citrus notes – mandarin and bergamot as one fragrant composition, while the other one gives out the shine of white flowers – magnolia, ylang-ylang, and sambac jasmine. The sensuality comes later with vanilla, benzoin, and musk, which leave magical intimate trace. Eau de Toilette has a limited version of the fragrance with iris in the centre – L’Instant Eau de Noël Iris Millésime, while the regular one has an apple-sweets nuance.

The nose behind this fragrance is Maurice Roucel.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Red Apple

iris Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Magnolia

Musk Amber Benzoin Vanille white honey

The One
Tonkamande

L'Instant de Guerlain Fragrance Reviews

vos
vos

i liked the notes on paper. Alas it does not work for me on skin. I have the edp and thankfully could restrain myself to buy a small bottle instead of a large one. The test on paper in the store just smelled wonderfull. a floral magnolia with a slightly sweet/powdery base. On (my)skin the magnolia dissapears within 15 minutes to leave me with a tooth-achingly sweet honey smell wich turns bitter(the jasmin maybe?) after a while. Reminds me a bit of burnt plastic. I thought i could handle sweet scents but this is way out of my comfort zone.

Shimmersmom
Shimmersmom

My skin tends to eat Guerlain fragrances, nothing lasts on me from this line. Until now! And I love it! It's beautiful, soft and comforting. I don't think it's a sexy scent, more like an everyday scent for me.

SamanthaRenee
SamanthaRenee

I pulled out this sample from my sample collection yesterday to test it one more time. I really wanted to enjoy this one. It has had so many positive reviews so it was bound to be delightful, right? Wrong. Wrong in a big way. From start to finish this one was a huge, overwhelmingly nausea inducing powder keg! The only other scent that has had this effect on me was D&G's The One. I couldn't scrub that one off fast enough! I don't claim to have a nose for different notes. I just know what I find pleasing...or not. This one, unfortunately, is a NOT. If you love the scent of sweet powder, this a worth a try.

SayakaP
SayakaP

L'Instant EDP.... Jaw droppingly feminine. Elegant. Classy. Youthful and happy.
Smells like a dream girlfriend / wife to me. My husband loves this on my neck.
Would make a perfect wedding day AND everyday fragrance.

I think this one has a sizable sillage for first one hour. Once settled, it stays close to me.
Beautiful Magnolia, Honey & Vanilla last and last on my skin. 12h+.

Love!

TattooGypsy
TattooGypsy

This EDP is just gorgeous! It is soft and comfortable. It makes me feel pretty and womanly. It is very sweet with just a bit of powder. The honey is smooth and the magnolia is well balanced. This is very well blended and cozy. Very wearable for day to day. I love it!

cmlee22
cmlee22

My first Guerlain. Found a mini for a great price on eBay and it just came today. One word: GORGEOUS.

lacana7
lacana7

It is a fragance for a real women not for innocent teenagers ...classy,soft,nostalgic,sexy but never vulgar...
a masterpiece.

umma toga
umma toga

Very beautiful fragrance. It is what I would call an oriental gourmand in the same category as cinema. It is sweet not overly so, and the florals are well balanced. This is the first fragrance from Guerlain that really worked with my chemistry. But you have to love powdery scents to appreciate this one as it is quite powdery. I love it and I am happy I have it in my collection.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

Beautiful, sweet floral. Not exactly sure I've ever smelled a floral done so well and I am a big, indiscriminating tuberose fan. The magnolia is balanced awesomely with the honey, benzoin and amber. Most florals are too much about being floral, if that makes sense. This is a floral designed by a genius. This is like a more gorgeous, brilliant version of JPG Classique, as if Classique mated with a sweeter Alien.

Heavenly, spritely magic. A girl or woman could wear this. Work, everyday life, dates (just not the bedroom). Very "accessible" perfume.

Be aware, however, that L'Instant is almost cloyingly sweet and the magnolia almost veers into pungent territory. But that just makes it smell even more of cherubic innocence.

Raquel73
Raquel73

On my skin, it smells like a dirty diaper of baby.Very much people around me commented it .Finally I discovered it was my perfume.Awful for me :-(

Holli
Holli

This is very pretty and modern. I love both honey and magnolia. So, it was an easy sell for me! I do find the honey note a little sharp which surprised me. Sharp is not a word I'd use for any other Guerlain I've tried.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

What a gorgeous mixture of sweetness, flowers, and warmth! This perfume really has it all!

Sophisticated, elegant and smart is what I think of a woman wearing l' Instant de Guerlain. This is the smell of brilliant, high achieving women around the world. However, she is also, delicate, romantic and dreamy! She loves the comfort of others and likes to feel safe in the arms of her man!

I have never smelled a perfume that blends so many types of notes in one marvelous creation! It has the sweetness of the honey and vanilla, the floral scent of magnolia and jasmine, the warmth of amber and a powdery touch from the iris! This is a brilliant composition. It evolves all day long and last for an eternity. The projection is moderate though which makes it fit for the most classy women on earth. I can imagine Queen Rania of Jordan wearing it.

The EDT is much less complex but smells nearly identical. The main difference to my nose is that while the EDP is warm and suitable for the cold nights of the winter season, the EDT is more versatile and can work anytime, all year round as a day fragrance with it's lack of the warm amber and benzoins of the EDP. But they are both very much enjoyable.

katmo
katmo

The honey note in this masterpiece is heartbreakingly beautiful. It reminds me of my mum. She doesn't have this perfume but the scent reminds me of everything that's wonderful about women.

Kipling&Alice

I feel that an update is in order on my initial experience of L’instant. I have been wearing it for some time now and have fallen in love with this remarkable fragrance. Perhaps more than any other Guerlain, L’instant takes a long time to evolve from its top notes to the dry down. Another side of this slowness is the superb longevity of the scent. A smallest amount lasts over 24 hours on the skin, and for days and days on the clothes. This is yet another Guerlain that I have to sprits into the air and walk through the cloud; otherwise I’ll have to quarantine myself for a few hours before appearing in public. The “bitter bark” note I was so surprised by in the beginning fades into the distant background and keeps this scent from turning into patisserie of L’heure Bleue. The scent of iris, jasmine and magnolia flowers morphs with the most exquisite vanilla base. But not the heavy gourmand vanilla: This is the scent of vanilla orchid flower – the most delicate and evanescent vanilla one can experience (I used to volunteer at a botanical garden and orchids were my specialty. Vanilla orchid was among my favorite for its scent and beauty).

This is a complex scent that reveals distinct aspects of itself at each stage, yet its harmony and integrity are never broken. It is a spellbinding music! This scent has become my signature! There are many other compelling fragrances in my collection, and more than once was I tempted to turn to Must de Cartier as my signature scent, but L’instant keeps winning the battle so far. This fragrance is a breathtakingly beautiful journey. And as it unfolds, it presents wonderful surprises at every stage!

vongocap
vongocap

This is beautiful, really sweet and powdery from The beginning to The end. I detect mainly honey and magnolia and it reminds me of The stunning drydown of chanel's allure EDP, because of the notes of Jasmine, vanilla and magnolia, which they have in common, I guess. i prefer allure, it has more twist and begins fresher. i love sweet scents in the drydown, but I prefer them to begin a little freshier, or I get tired soon. with l'instant, there is the risk to get sick of so much honeyed sweetness after a while, I don't feel it develops that much during the hours. It ends sa it starts on me. There's also something of Idylle on the flowery side, but I love this more. Maybe because In Idylle, i get so much lily of The valley, and I'm not so crazy about that flower. Anyway. Absolutely worth a buy, classy and elegant, totally different from The l'instant magic version, more flowery although same uber sweetness.

Kipling&Alice

I read the reviews and the description, and decided to blind buy this perfume. It arrived today and I have been wearing it all day, frequently sniffing my writs to see if it had moved past this sharp note with which it opened. The note is still here, not as strong perhaps, but it still overpowers the sweet ones that have been mentioned by other reviewers. My husband took a whiff of the scent and said it smells like witch hazel and also that it smells like perfumes of the times long gone. I am still trying to determine whether I like this scent. I was hoping for the sweetness and warmth promised by the notes of honey, vanilla, and flowers, but so far the most prominent note is the cold and almost bitter one that brings to mind bitter bark of a bush. I’ll give it a try in a few days and see if the scent develops beyond this bitternes.

Jitterbug Perfume Lover
Jitterbug Perfume Lover

Guerlain L’Instant de Guerlain
There is a restaurant in New Orleans called Gallatoire's where "old money" goes to dine on Sundays. Dining is really more of a sport there since people usually come for lunch and stay until dinner. Families actually pass their regular server at Gallatoire's to the next of kin in their wills -- it's that kind of place. Meals are not rushed because everyone understands that the best dishes take time. In Nawlins, people take their food seriously and it’s always enjoyed at a nice slow Southern pace. You can’t rush a decadent 8 course meal – to be properly enjoyed, you need an entire day.

The first time I smelled L'INSTANT I immediately knew it would be the fragrance I would wear to Gallatoire's. It's elegant and warm and it progresses with time, much like a fine 8 course meal, but it definitely has an "old money" Guerlain feel -- it's not pretentious, but it is confident and a bit risky. I feel absolutely voluptious in it.

I get a crisp apple opening with musk in the background. The iris, jasmine, and magnolia are the second course with the iris arriving first. The third course lasts the longest on me – well over 24 hours! It’s a smooth warm honey, vanilla, and amber dry down. This amber gets warmer and slightly sweeter by the hour until it mingles with the ylang-ylang like a decadent dessert. This is a fragrance that must be savored very slowly to fully appreciate it, one entire day would be best and preferably in cooler weather so that the notes have all the time they need to warm up slowly.

Playtime
Playtime

I liked the opening with the burst of lemon. After that it became very strong and sweet. Didn't like it anymore.

Emmmely
Emmmely

Simply love this warm, full, soft, sweet perfume. I feel happy everytime I wear it. Last week I accidentally layered L’Instant over Glow (J. Lo), Glow for me is a fresh, clean, soapy perfume (a little sharp in the beginning), not really something special BUT as soon as it melted with L’Instant something beautiful happened!
It got that soapiness I always love in perfumes and together with L’Instant’s beautiful notes it turned into the perfect warm and a bit soapy fresh perfume I always wanted but still hadn’t found. Untill now!! My advice, please try this at home and let me know what you experienced ;)

thegreekone
thegreekone

Delicate and unique. I can't find something similar to this.Very sweet but not in the escada magnetism syrupy and saturated way.A+

cuteypeach
cuteypeach

Don't over use it. It may come off as too sweet. Use the right amount (less is more) and it is delicate, playful, sweet, girly and flirty. It is so powdery and florally light at the same time, it feels so familiar and intimate. Will probably make it my new signature scent.

valenceis
valenceis

Oh my god. This! It came in the mail today and when I put it on I was instantly reminded of my best friend from back home. We've been friends since we were 14 and have been through almost everything imaginable together, she is a person I credit for encouraging me to discover beauty and possibilities everywhere, in everything. We have influenced each other's tastes in almost everything over the years (well, except men). She is one of my few friends who I know well enough to give perfume to as a gift. She doesn't wear this, but it's totally her "smell". She happens to be my best smelling friend too, she's very particular. Every product she uses blends into this perfect alchemy of elegant, exotic, feminine perfection. This smells exactly like her; elegant, exotic, feminine, perfect. Also, very flirtatious. I am loving this a lot right now. It definitely smells very 2003. Very deep floral gourmand. Similar style to YSL Nu, but less tragic. A little "waxy" with the honey and magnolia, but I like it, I think it adds depth. Very nice. Very modern Guerlain.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

I'm a few hours into the drydown and this has become quite lovely, actually. I blind bought this frag after months of lusting and was quite upset when it didn't match up to expectations, actually had a pretty bad experience with the first spray (don't know why, but that's long since gone away). It has become soft and warm, slightly powdery, essentially a skin scent, but with good projection. I finally smell the honey and some creamy florals, amber and benzoin. Pretty and feminine. It's still not as sweet and rich as I expected but it's beautiful in its own right. It gives off a "fiancé" kind of feel to me, like it's something you would wear out on a lunch date at a cafe with your soon-to-be hubby!

andreagoddard
andreagoddard

When it comes to perfumes I am hard to please. On the one hand I like sweet, vanilla, honey fragrances, however as I have entered my 20's I also find most sweet perfumes trashy and cloying. I hate aldehyde, alcoholic, spicy and overly floral fragrances. For me, l'instant is perfection. As soon as it had dried it smells like femininity personified: sweet, creamy, delicate, delicious, with a hint of
magnoliathreading through the honey softness. It almost makes me want to marry myself and run away into the sunset. I've only ever owned loud, brash fragrances (fantasy, poison, boss orange, ghost), but this is pure elegance. It lasts about 12 hrs for me, but sillage is only moderate so I use quite a bit (anf also tend to have my nose glued to my wrist all day).

Aeris
Aeris

This is nice. I like it. But I'm not IN LOVE with it. I wanted to be, because my three favorite notes are featured (honey, magnolia, and vanilla). Well, I am admitingly very picky about magnolia notes in perfume because I grew up in the south surrounded by them. The magnolia in here just doesn't quite smell that close (at all) to the real thing. The vanilla smells like the vanilla in Vanilla Fields (not very gormound). The honey doesn't make my mouth water like it usually does in other honey based perfumes. I only only have a sample spray vial and most likely won't be upgrading to a full bottle. I'm bummed. I really wanted this to be a hit for me. It's not bad though.

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

Smells very much like a scented candle wax. This may be either charming or intoxicating and irritating, depending on the mood, weather or just your condition. It may give you a headache one day and euphoria the next day. That's the magic of it.

RobLyn
RobLyn

L'Instant de Guerlain edp

This was a blind purchase, after reading the notes and reviews here I was sure L'Instant would be a fragrance I would enjoy; and this assumption was correct. L'Instant starts rather crisp, rather surprisingly crisp but the crispness softens and fades quickly into a sophisticated, feminine floral. As the dry down continues the amber and honey emerge with subtle hints of musk and a light powdery scent just below the surface. In the background the woody-floral of the magnolia seems to dance and play peek-a-boo with the other notes. L'Instant is a very classy, ladylike, sophisticated fragrance for a woman who is self confident and comfortable with her femininity.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

Love this, the honeyed amber note is really warm and pleasant. I have the male versions of L'instant, and I have to say that I also would like to have this one as well.

Eddie2082
Eddie2082

Bought this recently for my wife. Lovely is all I can say.She can't get enough of it.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

Totally beautiful in every way. Very feminine. Not your typical sweet fruity gourmand. Lovely lite floral without overwhelming you. I am extremely pleased. By the way my rating is for the EDT not the EDP. Great purchase!!!

queenofcups
queenofcups

i am in love, this is so feminine, honey floral with a deep sexy powdery sensuality that wraps you with a feeling of full day femininity, it sets you in a very loving, feminine mood,

i don't know about other users, but that it takes me one spray to last me the whole day long, longevity is really good, just don't over spray as it will suffocate you.
i love this, and i think i will keep using it for years to come.

perfumejunkie75
perfumejunkie75

I purchased this as a blind buy based on the notes and some of the reviews. This is a gorgeous, rich, smoldering perfume, BUT it smells unoriginal. I think it smells very similar to something I already have, but I can't put my finger on it yet. I'm thinking its my Chanel Allure Sensuelle mixed with some Armani Mania. Not a bad thing, but sometimes you have a higher expectation with the name Guerlain attached to it. I get all the sweetness of amber, musk and vanilla. No fruit, no honey, powder yes. I will definitley try it out this winter. It's a very cozy and yummy fragrance. My little girl got a hold of the bottle and sprayed a little on herself. I was instantly drawn to the smell, so that's a good sign. It's a keeper for me.

floralfragrance
floralfragrance

The opening and drydown are completely different and I don't understand how. This is very very soft, yummy but not overwhelmingly sweet, and truly classy in the drydown. But the soapy floralness in the opening takes it to another stage first, for me it is a bit too much. Fortunately after a few minutes the honey note appears and it softens the florals. But in my opinion you have to wait at least 10 mins for it to develop and sattle, so that you can appreciate it to the most:)

desertrat

For me... there is nothing that can compare to the Pure Parfum (not EDT nor EDP). It's expensive, however, a little goes all day. Plus, the Pure Parfum is exponentially classier and without one synthetic note. You will probably have to order it or get it on line as the department stores usually do not carry it, but it's worth it. It is the most heavenly fragrance ever made. Purely Divine!

Nimboo
Nimboo

Can anyone specify whether this EDP
is similar to the EDT version?
I bought the EDT today and love it, but would hate to feel like I'm missing out..

darrshan77
darrshan77

review of DARRSHAN

Always loved tis frm the first sniff long ago ,

always is in my collection ,
very good longevity

I'm in love again! I found a 80ml EdP tester bottle for a very good price today and just could not leave it there!
I planned to buy a new Samsara EdP as it is my signature for winter or maybe Reminiscence Tonka when some money come in. Strange enough also Tonka is based on honey and I always hated honey in fragrances! I'm allergic to honey (I was?) and it alwys made my throat chench up. Something changed apparently.
I didn't like L'Instant many years ago when it came out and wrote a first review about that. I knew a woman who literally showered in it anD I found it just so gross, like maybe it was my opinion about that lady.
It takes time with all Guerlains to really enjoy and it seems to happen also with those Guerlains that are not created by one of the old men of the family.
They are strong indeed and L'Instant makes no exception. You need to wear 2 sprays no more to fully enjoy the feminity, elegance and warm sensuality that whifs from this scent. Overapplying kill it, which is not bad by the way. You use less perfume (less chemicals on your skin) and you smell wonderful!
I'm smelling my wrist since this morning and I smell soooo good! I don't mind that I broke a little sample in a lousy office where I used to work and you can figure out the BOMB it was! LOL
Not a rose scent as my usual my this is great stuff.

Telling L'Instant note by note is not easy. It's all very blended in a unique smell and enveloped in a cloud of classy powder, not baby powder, no diapers effect (Shalimar EdP smells diaper on me).
The opening is a blast of green wet notes. Bergamot is strong and very green with just a hint of mandarin. No apple detected.
The flowers are thick white and slightly carnal. I'm happy that the magnolia is not left alone here because it can become obnoxiously fresh and head-piercing as a flower even if gorgeous (I love a magnolia tree close to my town in a garden in the middle of traffic when it blooms in spring). Together with jasmine and little ylang it makes a radiant "white flower" combo with no cheap edge. The drydown, or should I say the ongoing down, is a triumph of the most intriguing notes typical of orientals and there L'Instant express its sultry nature.
A very soft yet intense amber that makes me swoon in winter made up with gorgeous non-foody vanilla and benzoin (a note that always remind me of an elegant decadence and hidden secrets). The musk is tamed and gives confort.
The honey part is not in the end. It runs all along the evolution of scent and this is perhaps where I didn't smell any real evolution before, because honey ate it all.

IMO it is a fragrance that can wear you. It's very sensual, maybe sexy in a womanly way, but never out of vulgarity.

I used to wear it from samples along the years on and off.
A male gay friend of mine told me that if I like L'Instant (or even Samsara) it means I'm a brave and self-confident lady otherwise it would eat me!
Well, I'm not such a lady.
Most people think it is a mature scent, but again, I wore Shalimar when I was 15 wearing my clumsy teenage clothes...
I agree it's not a girlish girly candypop and I am grateful for this.
This is perfume in real form. Not a joke as many flat mainstream ones nowadays. At least you pay for good stuff and quality.
It is perfume-y and commercial in some way, not a niche, but glorious.
The only minus is that I cannot wear this or Samsara in hot weather, but now in cold winter... it's a real treat for senses!
The sillage is powerful and the fragrance lasts very well on skin for many hours or even days on fabrics.

Jasminalia
Jasminalia

Ten years after its launch, it's still a great fragrance.
Modern and very Guerlain at the same time !

ayarniknit
ayarniknit

A great daytime alternative if you liked Shalimar! I normally do not like honey because it can get cloying if not done well. This smells wholesome, not just superficially sweet. Smooth, very light citrus, with just enough musk. I can't tell which flowers are dominant, but they are very pleasant. Silage is appropriate, within a foot and a half, perhaps. The lasting power is great! One spray on each wrist and on my neck can last me all day into the night.
I think of a cultured, well-to-do yet down to earth socialite when I smell this. I'm in my early twenties, but I could envision anyone pulling this off well.
Update: Had two people compliment this scent on me on the same day! Everyone really seems to get the honey scent but still appreciates how light it is. I might need to start making this my workplace/school perfume.

mum84
mum84

انثوي بتفوق
وتطغي عليه رائحة البودر
لاأدري ماينقصه لكي يصبح
من العطور التي أحبها
لكن في كل الاحوال جيد

CozyCat

I don't know why so many reviews classify this as a mature fragrance, it doesn't smell particularly mature to me...actually it smells like the nice guy's idea of the perfect girlfriend or wife (whatever her age), someone equally nice, but still supremely sensuous. L'Instant is soft, very feminine, classy, coy, lady-like, beautiful, warm, comforting, romantic and cozy. A smooth, fluffy, powdery honey-vanilla with soft floral-woody tones...refined, tender and oozing with sensuality. It may not be 'dark' or sexy...it's not even a young girl scent, but any lovely young lady (southern-belle types, or sweet well-brought aristocrat types, you know what I mean) in her early 20's and upwards can wear this gem well. The only downside to this scent is that I can't wear this sort of scent too often, it gets boring and I start craving something spicier and more exciting. If you are getting married in fall or winter, and/or having a winter-honeymoon, this scent is so perfect (let your groom use L'Instant Homme or the sexy L'Instant Homme Extreme to match!)...it would go so well with white, lacey bridal lingerie. It also has that soft and edible-honey-drizzled-cake-like nuance that some people love (and some men just go gaga for), but while still smelling classy and rich. Sillage is excellent and so is the longevity, it is a Guerlain after all.

TillyWave
TillyWave

Oh Guerlain I love you.
That's out of the way, I love L'Instant, the woody magnolia, the hint of honey and roses and jasmine, over iris musk and vanilla, the whole thing is so well blended, it smells like heaven.
Nice silage, amazing longevity, and the drydown smells as good as the topnotes.

Yohji
Yohji

Cozy charming soft uniquely opens on the skin after hot shower. I just get dry, spray on naked body holding hand up
voila
you can get dressed now!

divasg
divasg

This was a dead ringer of Calvin Klein's Contradiction. I think the honey and roses were the prominent notes for both fragrances. However, I must say I like CK's version better. Here, Guerlain made L'instant slightly harsher, not gentle at all to the nose... It came across sharp and intense, not smooth and creamy as Contradiction. I have about 20ml left untouched, so if you are interested for a smell, let me know because I think this will just gather dust at my shelf.

pfelis
pfelis

I love the feeling of being wrapped in a warm, cozy yet elegant scarf when wearing L'Instant. I save it for bad mood days. With its powdery notes it makes me feel very feminine at the same time. The way honey is inserted in it is amazing. Very complex, rich and cozy.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

I am not sure why I love this perfume. One reason is that it is totally feminine. I do like some unisex fragrances, say like Bond New Haarlem, but only in winter. But this fragrance is good for everyday of the year. It works for me in the heat of summer, and the damp of cold rainy days to the fresh bite of fall. We haven't had the dead of winter yet, but I know it will bloom there too! It's almost as if this perfume is transient Somehow the creator of this fragrance was visited by angels and given a special recipe through a unspoken whisper to whomever this works magic on, it will work that magic year round. I got mine in the bee bottle with my initials from the French Shopper and tour guide. She's wonderful, she can find so many things that are not available in the US. What a treasure she is! I seem to not be able to smell this on myself terribly long, but do catch the wafts of it here and there. Which is just as well, because who wants to offend and give a migraine with their fragrance. I get a fresh powdery and very very feminine class act all the way with this one. Once again Guerlain knocks it out of the park! I find that they are probably the very best at the art of perfume making. True masters. I find nothing similar to Shalimar here or L'Heure Bleu or any other Guerlain fragrance. They are all different to me. A few I can't even wear. But, I tell you true, when you find the Guerlain fragrance that envelopes your soul, you will look no further!

L'INSTANT de Guerlain is a luxury perfume, very complex and well made, sweet, soft, elegant.
I love L'Instant and Guerlain House because they create these masterpieces.

Agatha-Christie
Agatha-Christie

powdery, honeyed flowers, it smells a little bit like cosmetic bag, which is nice. Very feminine, comforting and sophisticated.
Does anyone have a cap for L'instant? if so, please let me know, I have something to offer you in exchange :)

rziotti
rziotti

THE BEST OF BEST !VERY SPECIAL!!I LOVE IT!HOT AND SEX !! 1000/1000

selinu

This perfume is amazing. Very unique and honey makes it so cozy. One of my favorites. Yummy and powdery at the same time.

sumrdream
sumrdream

I first discovered this perfume at EPCOT in the French Pavillion, when it was first launched. I entered the boutique and smelled the most intoxicating aroma. This perfume was unlike any I had ever smelled. I immediately purchased a bottle and wore this for a solid year. Unfortunately it really upset my allergies and I had to give it up. I just remember it smelling so incredibly beautiful and sophisticated. A truly French perfume and no copy cat. I'm not sure if it still smells like it originally did when I discovered it, but definitely sophisticated and unique. It had a powdery base which I loved. Notes of amber, vanilla, iris and honey, very intoxicating. I've been able to get my allergies under control, I may try this scent again as I really miss it!

elegia
elegia

This perfume really surprised me - it was recommended as a sexy, sophisticated, feminine scent and I decided to give it a go after reading up on it here. I have to conclude that I don't think it fits that particular bill at all, but it is a very lovely scent. I don't really smell the apple and orange at all. What I do get is a very powdery floral scent with just a touch of honey to sweeten it up without making it cloyingly sugary sweet. The magnolia and jasmine seem to be the strongest floral scents, but I find the iris quite noticeable as well. This perfume smells like crushed flower mint candies. It's very soft and comforting and smells amazing on clothes - I wish my clothes came out of the dryer smelling like this. I couldn't really decide where or when I would wear this perfume, since I think it's a bit "homey" for everyday wear, not sensual or seductive for dates, and while it definitely smells expensive and tasteful, I wouldn't exactly call it sophisticated and elegant or something that you would want to wear to impress someone. If I were the type to wear expensive perfume around the house, though, this might be it. The wear is fairly long-lasting and the sillage is moderate enough that I occasionally get a whiff sitting or walking around but not so much as to be a distraction or turn the heads of everyone around you. Overall, a really nice, delicate, understated perfume.

nooory
nooory

This stuff is sweet. Like, syrupy, sticky sweet. I like to enjoy this from a distance as i feel like taking a shower whenever i spray it on.

santaborboleta
santaborboleta

I bought it blindly, hoping it would have more honey than the edt, which i love... but the honey note does not really develop on me so if you want want swap for the edt 2.7oz I'm up for it. Thanks.

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

A more modern, sweeter/fruitier and younger version of Chamade! I love them both.

This is so easy to wear and really suits women of all ages. Very well done, gorgeous simplicity seems so complex

the_blue_cat
the_blue_cat

This smells like sweet perfume mixed with BO on me (I think that honey is to blame for that). It's somehow bitter and funky. After a couple of hours, I could barely get a wiff of vanilla mixed in with some flowers, but it was mostly gone - very poor longevity!

ClaireRr
ClaireRr

Maple trees are in blossom near my house. It smells just the same.

Siouxsiesparkle
Siouxsiesparkle

If Estée Lauder Sensuous & Kenzo Amour had a baby, this is what it would smell like. Very warm, soft, & sweet. Femininity in a bottle. Unfortunately, this is a scent that needs to be layered as it fades quite quickly.

ranchorita
ranchorita

L'instant smells more expensive than it actually is, to me. The lovely amber corrals what could have been overpowering florals and makes for a nice blend where nothing stands out or screams for attention, but instead resonate in harmony. Iris in perfumes can be overwhelming to me, but in this one, it really works. About an hour after I sprayed this on, I got the distinct memory of the drydown of the very expensive Bois des Iles from Chanel's Exclusifs. In truth, ultimately the Chanel smells much more refined and rich, but L'instant stands well on its own, and I think is an affordable way to have a taste of the same effect. This is a very pretty fragrance, and one I'll probably be gifting to at least one dear one in future.

nawele5
nawele5

i want to ask you please if you do find an arabic expression when you turn the bottle on the bottom
not on the boottle itself but the pakage

lollsazz
lollsazz

I don't know if it's only me, but this reminds me of Flower by Kenzo... I would describe this as powdery, creamy, sweet and floral, while Flower is powdery, balmy, sweet and floral. They aren't alike, but I just think there is something important common in them. Maybe it's just the amount of "powder" in the smell...? If you like this, I would recommend sniffing Flower by Kenzo - to me that is a little less cloying. I would reserve L'instant for winter, while Flower can be worn closer to warmer times.

If you would like something like this, just without the power, try smelling Cinema from YSL - I find many of the flower notes similar.

I definitely like this perfume - it's a very cozy scent, and the bottom flower notes - divine! I had to stop using this for a while though as I over-sprayed this a couple of times and it's quite sickening if you put on too much, so be careful with it, so you can love for this forever :)

cori.x
cori.x

this was a purchase without smelling it first. find it interesting to mix magnolia and vanilla, a bit heady, i don't like it that much and i don't hate it, can't decide whether to keep it or not. maybe i'll swap it someday.

GracieHart
GracieHart

An unfortunate blind buy for me. I have now sold the bottle.

Intensely floral and powdery. Didn't work for me, and gave me a headache within a couple of minutes. Couldn't wait for the drydown, as my head was pounding too hard.

Tian
Tian

My 2nd perfume in life :)
Got a tester (ribbon) in rue de Rivoli in 2005 and I fell in love with it.
But now when I used it again, I felt it smelt more mature so I don't use it any more. Funny that I used a lot when I was younger :)
but it is on my list and I think I may turn to it again one day

harpist
harpist

My first impression of the first sample was expensive baby butt powder.. but after the dry down I could smell the magnolia, honey, apple, and vanilla notes. It is a gentle and lightly creamy scent- pleasant, but not something I would choose to wear because it reminds me of spring allergies unfortunately.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Lovely musky white floral that dries down to a powdery benzoin and vanilla with iris.

The topnotes of this fragrance are lovely bergamot with heavy, heady florals, first magnolia and ylang-ylang and a big dose of musk. After ths pretty opening a huge note of jasmine enters, a very lovely and realistic jasmine. Then the drydown brings in the lovely Guerlain vanilla note- strong, but not overdone and not overly sweet. I can barely smell the honey, it is very faint and I really don't smell the apple at all. Iris and some amber and benzoin come out in the drydown to join the florals and vanilla, leaving a lovely dusky, powdery delicious scent. I was pleasantly surprised with this scent. Great work, Monsieur Roucel! I have been disappointed in some other current Guerlains such as Insolence, but L'Instant is a winner.

levinebabe
levinebabe

I really hate to say that Guerlain's fragrances hate me. But I've changed my mind! I was expecting a lot more from L' Instant de Guerlain, it is recommended by many. But the first spray led to my regret, something kind of old and aromatic. I like classics, but is trying to avoid them since my friends hate it if I use them. But it got sweeter and more wearable to me. I'm glad about that, especially when the vanilla came out. Great lasting power. Washed my clothes and the scent stayed.

selinu

I think Im too young to wear this gem but I love this! Yes the powder in this is kinda old lady powdery but still so warm lovely scent. It is definitely not sexy at all... It says hey I love you and I wanna give you a hug. Its like huge sweet lovely teddy bear

antfarm
antfarm

This is one odd perfume. It smells like a pond of half-n-half coffee creamer with a bunch of baby pacifiers as water lillies.

In other words, it's sort of creamy, rubbery, and sweet. I don't dislike it but I don't really want it.

evesoho
evesoho

I'd like to thank ladykarl for recommending that I sample L'Instant. Within half a second of sniffing from the sample, I was buying the full bottle. And I'm another one who is voting for the EDT as the ~*~fairytale~*~ version of L'Instant (although the EDP is clearly lovable, too).

The first few seconds have such a glorious apple scent it was like swimming in a pool of apple juice! WHOA! Then came the magnolia. Strong magnolia, inviting a memory: On campus at University, I walked through/under an arbour of magnolia bushes for a quarter of a mile to get to class in summer (I attended courses all year round). I liked to study and picnic there, but when the magnolia flowers were in bloom I couldn't always eat there - the scent was so strong it turned me off my food! Not that I held that against the lovely flowers which felt like friends... (and smelled way better than a sandwich).

I associate the scent of Magnolia with Elizabethan drama, with Women Poets of the Renaissance, Keats, Ezra Pound and Virginia Woolf. Even with Kerouac, and Margaret Atwood. At night, I was kissed repeatedly under that arbour by another shy student. And my best friend at University (named Jasmine!) brought her favourite movie over to watch with me one night - Magnolia. We watched it at least 3 times after that... I thought of her every day walking through that arbour.

L'Instant is an ode to the Magnolia, and it is genius. That's not to say it's a soliflore, it's just that Magnolia is the star on my skin for long enough.

There's no predicting whether this will become a signature scent of mine, but I vow never to be without a bottle of L'Instant EDT.

Update: I just ordered another sample of the EDP and the pure parfum extrait. I'm seriously considering purchasing the fb EDP or a decant of l'extrait for fall.

maeculpa
maeculpa

This is the Guerlain I can pull off.

I agree with all the other reviewers that it is very sweet and a bit linear. Old lady powdery. Which is all fine by me. I need that vanilla fix.

Feels like wearing a fur stole or something, very sexy and a bit wrong, but it does not swamp or overpower me like other Guerlains. Now I get what all the fuss is about. Makes you feel sexy and expensive, and a bit vulgar.

Ananoa
Ananoa

Very warm, like it in winter

aveilhe
aveilhe

L'Instant is a sweet, creamy jasmine-magnolia fragrance with hints of soft powder and clean musk.

Well-rounded and relatively linear, L'Instant starts with bright citrus/fruity top notes. The floral notes are also quite present upon first application (jasmine, magnolia, and sweet ylang ylang). The rich florals are are softened and rounded by the the amber-vanilla-musk base. The sparkling quality of the top notes seems to persist throughout the dry-down, preventing the fragrance from ever veering into too-rich Oriental territory. The honey note instills a creamy, almost delectable quality (the honey note works in a similar way in Estee Lauder's Sensuous).

It's refreshing to find a truly sensual fragrance (perfectly suited for nighttime wear) that does not feature a strong patchouli note. I like patchouli quite a bit, but the fact that patchouli has become synonymous with "sexy" fragrances in recent years has become a bit tiresome to me (i.e. all of the "noir" flankers). L'Instant demonstrates that an aura of sensuality can be cultivated through a clever combination of any number of notes.

This isn't to say, however, that L'Instant could not also be a signature/daytime scent. It is certainly restrained enough to accomapany you to work, errands, etc. if spritzed on lightly (and will give you a sexy little confidence boost while you're at at!).

L'Instant is sensual but never vulgar. Sexy, yet restrained. Rich, but never invasive. Excellent sillage and longevity.

Chocobaby
Chocobaby

A gorgeous fragrance. Warm and comforting. On me the sambac jasmine is dominant but it dries down to a sultry veil of vanilla and musk that lasts a whole day. It has a lot of similarities with Insolence EDT but L'instant has more volume. Longevity on me is amazing. Definitely on the top of my favorites list.

kit1982
kit1982

Very well balanced. Reminds me of orange jam and honey on toast. Is this too girly? If it is, I don't care, I will still wear this.

Scrilla
Scrilla

This is a beautiful scent. Very sweet and feminine. As other reviewers have noted, it does open harshly, but only very briefly. To me the harshness is an overwhelm of the floral notes, which are quickly mellowed by the honey. The result is a sultry scent that seems to be dripping with femininity. It really hugs you. This is my "cozy" scent right now, that I wear on the couch doing homework or watching t.v., but it can also be dressed up for a night on the town. I just find it cozy for it's enveloping qualities. This is a scent that sticks to you. Sillage and longevity are excellent, though I find it seems to last longer on others than me, but that's the curse of my skin!

leighhannah
leighhannah

This perfume is so very gorgeous. I'm wearing the extrait (perfume, not edp) and I'm in awe of it. Very round and womanly. It loves my skin. Sometime with Guerlains, there is that inital heaviness or...maybe shocking forward complexity, that takes me a minute to accept. This insinuates itself like silk and holds you in a hug all day. Now, if I just knew where to find the extrait. I may be using samples for a while! Sorry, I don't know notes enough to talk about them.

Nancy Lynn
Nancy Lynn

Just like Burberry Brit Red, which I used to wear but gave away and regretted so now I have it back in a way.

Orangey Vanilla Honey Floral. My image is of a fancy dressed orange creamsicle.

denncita
denncita

Well I had to purchase this scent just because of the good reviews. Yes it was a blind buy...!!! As soon as it arrived I sprayed some on and I was so disappointed because it smelled old lady like! I felt it was too powdery for me... HOWEVER, a few hours later i smelled my wrist and what I smelled was a creamy sweetness, very comforting and warm. I loved the dry down!! I felt confused... I guess this is a fragrance that you learn to love, I find myself using it more often than before :)

ps it doest smell a bit like penhaligon's Amaranthine!

kl99
kl99

Pure Custard.
A walk into a Pastry Shop in Summer.

ThunderThighs
ThunderThighs

I bought the body cream based on the recommendations of which perfume would I like if I love Anais Anais and Red Door. WRONG turn. I bought it unsniffed online. I just swiped it once on my wrist and while I think it smells amazingly elegant. I find the fragrance so unbearable, like it overpowers my thoughts. Thats too much for me. It is not cheap smelling, not fashionable. It is a classic. Not little girl, A powerful woman fragrance. But not for me. If someone is interested in the body cream, Id love to swap for something.

sweettoothannie
sweettoothannie

This is sooo heavy on me. In a bad way. But still struggling to learn how to love it.

pri_alip
pri_alip

I hesitated quite a lot to review this one, but I think now is the right time.
It wasn't love at first smell. Actually it didn't impress me at all! But after wearing it a few times my mind changed completely.
The first feeling when I spray it is not promissing - in fact I always tend to think it smells cheap, like an ordinary Avon or something. What a sin! When the dry down starts, things get better - and beautiful. L'Instant slowly reveals its subtle elegance, evolving until it's safe to say: "this is it". Mature, but never old-ladyish. Classic, yet youthful. I guess in the end it says "confident woman" all over!

dazydeadpetals
dazydeadpetals

This is what true love smells like. <3

At first spray I wasn't really sure about it, but for 15 minutes I have fallen harder and deeper in love with this scent each time I smell my arm.

I'm having a really difficult time identifying the notes separately. It's blended so well! Perfectly balanced and divine! It's subtly gourmand, but more elegant and dignified than gourmands tend to be.

It smells of honey, amber and (based purely on the fragrantica scent description) magnolia. There are other floral notes, but they seem to be more like a soft bouquet rather than individual flowers. I can maybe smell traces of sweet apple, but the citrus is only noticeable on my skin for the first 60-90 seconds. Also some mild musk starts to come through in the dry down.

I think this is a scent appropriate for all seasons and occasions.

amanda.mcgill
amanda.mcgill

clean, powdery and delicate lemon meringue dessert with a decorative iris on top. high mileage. girly and gourmand.

laantjebanaantje
laantjebanaantje

I love this fragrance. For some reason it makes me think of a loving mother. I imagine a somewhat rounder woman, pale skin, apple colored cheeks and golden hair, standing in a kitchen with a view on a garden with apple and magnolia trees, baking cookies with the biggest, most beautiful smile on her face.
When I become a mother, this will be my signature for sure. I just hope it sticks around till then.
L'Instant opens with a gorgeous honeyed apple scent. It's very sweet, but never dense, heavy or sultry. It stays light and airy, quite fluffy indeed. After half an hour the magnolia blooms on my skin and then some time later, the vanilla veil appears and that's all I smell really. The vanilla is so gorgeous: sweet and light and fluffy. I am wearing Shalimar on the other wrist and it is almost impossible that two vanilla accords can be so unbelievebly different.
While Shalimar is sexy, sultry and alluring, L'Instant is cozy and comforting. But I do not feel sexy wearing this. Beautiful, yes, strong, yes, desirable,yes, but not sexy.
But I do love it.

loesje234
loesje234

All is said about the delicious smell, I just want to add that this perfume has the absolute, most perfect spraysystem I've ever came across! :-)

alchimia72

Hi Lara, I've got both. It's difficult to decide which one is better. They are completely different. L'istant is an excellent floral but we can consider it oriental because it contains sweet notes of amber, vanilla and honey. L'istant magic is very powdery, It remembers me the smell of old powder. It's difficult not to like them so you can wear them in any occasion sure that your smell doesn't offend anyone. I never found any fragrance that is similar to both them and I disagree with the comparison with Kenzo Flower that I dislike.

alshehri
alshehri

I like it, but it's so sweet which I do not like so much!

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

Light, but long lasting, but I found it a little too synthetic, sweet and girly for my taste. I imagine it being designed for those in their early 20's. White flowers, with a hint of jasmine, honey, musk and magnolia. To me, it doesn't have as much character as some of the more established guerlain products, and seems to be catered for a more girly crowd who are easily pleased with fruity and synthetic numbers that come a dime a dozen.

laoonatic
laoonatic

I could recognize this fragrance from a million! It is my head teacher's and every time she wears it, she fills the room with it. It could actually be a nice fragrance, if it wasn't so totally overwhelming, but because of this aspect it becomes simply unbearable and headaching. It's the perfume with the greatest sillage I know, but this "greatest" is actually a big minus for me, in this case.
(Oh, and you'd say that it could be because my teacher is wearing a lot of it, which is not the case, because other perfumes of her can be sensed only when really close to her.)

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

From the bottle, I always thought this would be light and airy. I was wrong. Bergamot dominates throughout. Other notes are of Red apple dampened by honey, amber and musk. Usually, citrus notes makes a scent light and fresh. This is sharp from the citrus but also heavy, powdery and woody (probably from amber, musk and vanilla?). The flowers soften the concoction and make it undeniably feminine. So delicious! I would buy this and the body lotion or cream. Could be office friendly coz is floral sweet rather than sharp and loud.

Citrus, floral, musky and powdery. Fresh.

On me,
Sillage: no more than a foot
Longevity: two hours with sillage of a foot then four more hours at sillage of less than a foot
Rating: 3.5/5

summer05
summer05

The scent of this perfume has been stocked in my mind for years and years, at the beginning I didn't buy it because I prefer it for a lady who's above 25 but now I decided that I'm mature enough to wear it, so I've bought one.

I have love it all along but, sadly now It's not the same feeling that I get when I smell it, different but still elegant.
I don't know why it smells like KENZO AMORE !!

HebaD'Opium
HebaD'Opium

It stings, the honey is mostly dominating this scent but it's not THAT sweet!!
I got it for my mom but ended up having it because she doesn't like stinging scents so yay me :P

I really like it! The benzoin and honey kinda balance it i think, and once it settles it leaves a sweet musky scent which is just wonderful!

Ana_Raio
Ana_Raio

Sleek, chic, striking. Optimal fixation. Sensual and romantic at the same time.

Elegante, chic, marcante. Ótima fixação. Sensual e romântico ao mesmo tempo.

perfumebox
perfumebox

This is the Guerlain I’ve been intrigued by but passed over for years, just because I thought it was “uncharacteristic” of a Guerlain (i.e. not dirty or complex enough to be a classic). Boy am I glad I finally got over myself.

Sweet, and gloriously golden, L’instant is delicious but not in a sticky, honey-from-the-jar way. It’s neither foody nor floral, but folded somewhere between, with a whisper of cashmere-soft musk to keep things interesting. There’s a beautiful, gentle straight-forwardness to it, from the bright honeyed-magnolia opening to the soft amber-musk drydown, and I found myself literally craving the scent on some days when I didn't wear it.

L’instant is a perfect comfort scent when I still want to feel “grown-up” (i.e. sweet and rich, but NOT like a piece of cheap dessert), and it can gracefully accompany me anywhere without smelling at all boring or out of place.

fanhermes
fanhermes

What can I say? Love powdery fumes! This is sooo Guerlain-ish, too! If you smell some of their old fumes, you'll find that powder is probably one of the things they get known by! However, love the violet in this, could easily be takes as iris. One thing that I found out about powdery fumes: if you sweat a lot, that horrible smell and the powder in that base DO NOT mix well together. In a way, the powder enhances the sweaty smell, therefore try to wear fabrics that don't make you smell as much, or choose other perfume!
Rate: 4.5 out of 5 for projection and sillage.

Duffy
Duffy

you cannot describe this scent. It is like you are in a happy cloud. Its smells verry good!

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

I knew there was a reason I'm crazy for most of Guerlain's offerings. I had to get this after hearing it's a powder powerhouse and with honey! The votes for the notes are completely accurate, I got the citrusy opening and the honey! oh the honey! It's like having honey water with a spritz of lemon in it! I'm also getting the apple and jasmine and let's not forget the reason why I bought this, the powder!! Not Johnson's baby powder either! It's very well tuned but not super strong so I needed a few good sprays (but I am a bit of a strong spray person anyway). A very wearable and enchanting perfume. Very different from my guerlain insolence EDP, this is the softer sibling of the two. I won't rank it as high as my favourite guerlain classics but I do appreciate it's delicate beauty.
I forgot to add, it's longevity is good as with most of Guerlain's offerings, at least 8 hours and counting.
Just wanted to make an addition: the more I wear this, the more I think of Turkish Delight. This is less intoxicating than Loukhoum by KM by so delicious still. People around me are going nuts-me like!!
I keep getting allergies (nose) every single time I wear this but I persist as I really love smelling like candy! (expensive candy mind you!)

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

So sophisticated, sexy and sultry. Golden honey finely dripped over luscious fruits. Seductive, spicy ylang ylang complimented by iris. Then temptaton presents itself in the form of vanilla, musk and amber. L'instant in translation, means "The moment." I can imagine the kind of moment this fragrance represents. Though I cannot tell you how it begins, I will say that it ends in twisted sheets, clenched pillows and scattered clothes.

mediterranean
mediterranean

Have you ever imagined you were in a Van Gogh picture?
I mean inside,living it?
My favourite is that one at night with the bright stars that seem to be coming out of it. Well pair this with a cashemere sweater and being hugged by a tall strong affectionate man, and there you are, that is l´Instant Guerlain.

KatFrench
KatFrench

I love, love, love this perfume!
It makes me feel gorgeous, and I find myself choosing this over others most days...
BUT needs only the lightest of sprays or it can be too much!

Used discreetly this is absolutely the most delicious scent, and I get compliments on it all the time, although friends of mine have tried it and not liked it on themselves....test on your skin before you buy!

I think the dry down is similar to d&g the one, vanilla vanilla vanilla!

Lovely

Migalex
Migalex

Very boring perfume. Thre is nothing remarkable about it. The word which comes to my mind is neutral, the common ground, from which nothing worth of attention arises. I actually find it tiresome to direct my attention to this scent.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

I'm sorry, but I just can't do this. I have always admired people who were in love with Guerlain, and the brand has always intrigued me. However, this perfume is soooo not me! It smells like very sweet baby powder and instantly gives me a headache. I love sweet scents, but there's something about the combination of sweet and powdery which does not sit well with me. It smells feminine, yes, but a bit outdated, IMHO. I can see ladies wearing this in the 1920's maybe and it's all very glamorous, but a bit too old-world for me. Maybe it's my chemistry, but I just can't handle this one.

Annica
Annica

A lovely bouquet of flowers and nectar. Sensual and beautiful.
It lingers all day, creamy and sweet. Love it!

katiushka
katiushka

Given that almost all the reviews here are unequivocally positive, I wish to relate my experience with L’Instant de Guerlain so that people do not make the mistake of a blind buy. On my skin, the honey note is not really honey; it is the sickly sweetness of a rotting mango. Maybe most Guerlain fragrances just do not work on me – I had a similar experience with Champs-Elysées where the sweetness reminded me more of cyanide poisoning than the fluffy scent that other people were smelling. (I do love Guerlain’s My Insolence, though!)

Bottom line: try before you buy! If Champs-Elysées does not work on you, chances are that this one will not work on you either – and vice versa.

gomt
gomt

A lot of honey, some vanilla, a few hints of magnolia and jasmine - that's what L'Instant de Guerlain is to my nose.

It's one of the warmest fragrances I know, sensual and intriguing. Opulent, rich, elegant. I personally find it too sweet to wear, but I still enjoy it on others.

desertrat

Wow! A MASTERPIECE! I LOVE the pure parfum best which I tested at the Guerlain counter. I'm not in love with the top notes. However, in about 3 - 5 minutes - WOW! It was almost like it made a fashionably late entrance with a enthusiastic "TA DAH!" It was L'Instant LOVE! It is complex, warm, sensual yet elegant with incredible longevity. They were out of stock of the pure parfum, so I bought the EDP. On me the EDP is the one with the dominate apple note. It's like Guerlain added a splash of Chanel Chance eau Tendre. Magnifique Guerlain!!!

napiergirl
napiergirl

Just got my sample of this .. I get no bergamot or mandarin ..SADLY..as I think for me that would balance the intense sweet i do get . I do smell jasmine ,honey and benzoin ..which is beautiful and of course the powdery note .I dont like powdery perfumes but the notes and reviews tempted me to try this . Without enough citrus punch at the start for my liking its not my cup of tea ... I would imagine anyone who is not a fan of powdery perfumes to feel the same way .However if that soapy ,perfume talc smell is what brings you joy then you will love this .

Very feminine, chic and charming fragrance!

The most noticeable notes are the radiant mandarin note, beautiful magnolia note, intensive ylang-ylang note and sweet and warm honey and amber notes.

This fragrance smells very warm and sweet. Despite it's intensive, it smells softly. The floral notes make it lovely and even romantic.

I like this fragrance a lot because it's really alluring and worthy.

dadulka82
dadulka82

I fell in love with this fragrance right away from look of this bottle and the smell did not disappoint either.
It is so warm and rich but classy and elegant. I am a big fan of oriental-floral smells.
The amount of compliments I get when I wear it is unbelievable.
EDP is definitely stronger than EDT, very good staying power.
But note, it smells different on everybody (just like any other perfume), some of my friends who love it on me do not like it on themselves, so always good to test it first.
L`instant is quite pricey but to me it is worth every penny.
Love you for making me feel so special!
I still have not found anything even closer to this smell, if you know anything, let me know please.

incandescent
incandescent

Personality: Decadent, sensual, classy, warm, deep, romantic.

Age: 27-60

Scent: Review is for EDP. Thick and golden honey scent, warmed by a good dose of amber and benzoin, and softened by delicate florals. It is a sweet powdery scent, highly sensual and cozy in the most decadent manner.

When/Where: Fall/winter day-time and night-time. It is just so perfect for the cold months, so warming and comforting. Not for wamer months. Perfect for Candle-lit Romance, Wining and dining, the bedroom. Also great for Formal Events, or the Office if discretely applied.

Sillage/Longevity: Excellent Sillage, Excellent Longevity (12 hours).

JUST FOR FUN: The polished yet sensuously indulgent Taurean would fit this fragrance like a glove, a Cancer would use this as a romantic scent for a night of slow love-making, and the always regal Leo would spray it on before retiring for a good night's slumber in her cozy den.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

On my skin L'Instant's amber and honey come out the most. The magnolia gives it a subtle glow as well. It takes awhile, but, later the sexy sweet musk comes out.

This in EDP form is very long-lasting too. I prefer the EDP to the EDT. This scent has great sillage too.

I love L'Instant more everytime I use it. Try layering this with the Guerlain creme de parfum L'Instant...my husband swoons every time I wear this with the matching creme de parfum. This scent is sweetly vampy.

One of my top 5 favorite perfumes in EDP form.

muskymale

I find the EDP smells more 'Decadent and glamorous' , and the EDT is minus all that but somewhat still gorgeous. The EDP definitely has more depth and character, without all the fruitiness and freshness of the EDT. I really love L'instant EDP, as it is more wearable than Shalimar and less formal. Thank you, Guerlain! J'dore!

The EDP is more amber based and therefore more Oriental, whereas the EDT is more fresh. I smelled it again today at the Guerlain counter in John Lewis.

Baldric
Baldric

The family down the street used to give me a ride to school. My parents divorced when I was 6, shortly thereafter I decided that I could cinch the waist strap on my back pack really tight as I walked to the neighbors' house for my ride and that would be my "hug from daddy". This is the perfume equivalent. It is cozy, warm, comforting and has the capacity to make you feel better just because it does, it doesn't need to make sense. It has amazing silage, I put 2 sprays on and was told that I could be smelled (smelt?) from 9 feet away 3 hours later. It also has wonderful longevity. This is a quality fragrance with oomph that you don't often see in mainstream releases nowadays. Good for rainy days, books, tea, wine, couches, fireplaces, blankets, slippers, movies, and if sprayed lightly, work. Honey, amber floral loveliness.

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

This EDP is so pleasant and comforting, like being wrapped in your coziest white robe on a languid morning. Sipping white tea in your immaculate kitchen. I can see it being sensual, but I don't know about alluring. I would not wear it for a date. I would think it perfect for the office or for those who work with children. For a kindergarten teacher on the first day of school when the anxious little ones need all the reassurance they can get. This is as feminine as feminine gets. I don't think this is a typical choice for me, but I am obsessed with all Guerlain and I'm so glad I chose it. I am already planning a bigger bottle. The sillage is both mighty and gentle, as is this fragrance.

perfumereviewer
perfumereviewer

How in the world did the "powdery" aspect of a perfume become so unliked? I really don't understand, I simply love it, and this version of a powdery perfume is so gracefully done that I believe it must be a misunderstanding somewhere.
L'Instant is nothing special at a first glance (to read sniff :) ) the top notes being so common and dull but as it sets into the skin, it transforms into a beautiful warm sweet-woody perfume. There are not to many magnolia scents on the market, nevertheless this is a floral woody almost gourmand masterpiece.
It's not a sexy perfume in itself but I definitely feel sexy wearing it...so I recommend it for whenever you would like to feel the same.

CozyCat

Sweet, classy, cozy, very warm, very sensual...it also smells so deliciously refined and decadent. The ylang ylang adds some elegance and maturity to the fragrance, a kind of polished, elegant sexiness rather than 'femme fatale'. But truly, the honey note is the queen in this scent; smooth, nectary and golden, reclining on her warm throne of amber, and all the other notes just compliment her so well. This is truly my favorite honey scent so far, I adore it! I would wear this in the colder months to keep me warm, cozy and feeling like a million bucks.

yi.ying
yi.ying

I smell of vanila N what I imagine is... Ice-Cream!!
It's nice but the vanilla is strong...

remind me of Lancome Attraction...

acv43
acv43

I bought this completely blind, based off the reviews and notes (of course it helps that it a guerlain perfume)
Since it contains 3 of my favorite notes- honey, vanilla, and magnolia i was reasonably sure i would like it- but one never really knows, and I've definitely had some disappointing blind buys before.
I am happy to say i love it! It smells EXACTLY like the lovechild of britney spears curious and dior addict- in other words, amazing.
It's wonderful! probably my most successful blind buy!

Just an interesting side note, i have the 2.5oz, which is the tallest bottle labeled luxe, you can't tell from the image but the bottle has this bright violet iridescent coloring to it along the bottom, it's much prettier than the photos might lead you to believe, pretty bottle is always a plus!
thank you for all the great reviews which led me to this stunning purchase :)

darrshanjvoraa

i always buy one bottle of edp as my last bottle gets over ,this is my third bottle and i jus love it, the longevity is awesome and its not offending to people around u,

very nice keep it up guerlain.

wbp
wbp

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE..........It's soft, sexy and classy at the same time. Just the perfect balanced fragrance ever!For me is very close to the skin and realy sweet withouth being synthetic and excessive.

zanny
zanny

wonderful! i love it! except 4 the honey and vanilla notes that become too strong when it comes to the last notes. but it will never be a big problem. i will always repurchase it!

pacciosa
pacciosa

L'ho comprato come sempre d'istinto, dopo aver letto le vostre recensioni, ma ha superato le aspettative: è semplicemente meraviglioso! Mi ricorda Kenzo Amour (un altro dei miei profumi preferiti) con le sue note dolci e cremose come un budino di riso alla vaniglia... yummm non smetto di annusarmi la mano e poi dura tantissimo (ho comprato l'edp)! E' veramente un capolavoro di Guerlain, come Shalimar, ma più moderno e giovanile. Già lo amo!!!
update: ho comprato anche il latte per il corpo, e unito all'edp è spettacolare, ho riempito l'aria di questo meraviglioso profumo, wow continuo ad annusarmi!!

Aysu
Aysu

Personally I prefer this in EDT form. Since it is a Guerlain, it is never a problem when it comes to staying power or quality, no matter it is EDP or EDT. But in EDT form, I believe that this scent shows itself better, honey/vanilla sweetness is combined with gentle citrus tones and magnolia, and it is a more complex composition. In EDP form, honey sweetness is amplified and citrus/flowers are not easily detectable, I find sweetness of EDP a little plasticky and flat. L'Instant de Guerlain EDT is a masterpiece!

LisaKay
LisaKay

The only perfume I ever wore that has people stopping me and complimenting me on it. One cab driver insisted that I write its name down so that he could buy it for his wife.
I love it, it remains beautifully fragrant all day and well into the evening, in short the best perfume I ever bought

cinsot
cinsot

Those gauzy citrus notes I die for greet me upon application of L'Instant de Guerlain. Oh the splendour of inhaling delicate silken zest. Empyreal.

Another vanilla wonderland perfume sharing attributes with Chanel's Allure, only not quite as fluid.

Translucent powdery promises of vanilla gather mid evolution fixing firmly on my skin heartily dispersing syrupy sweet plumes of opaque vanilla fog.

It just becomes too much.

Sadly I cannot classify L'Instant as a love. Some days I wake up feeling brave enough to wear it. Once in a blue moon I will throw caution to the wind and suffer the dry down for the sheer resplendence of the opening.

i'mtooobesessed
i'mtooobesessed

One of my all time favorites! I will always repurchase this! It's so unique and it smells absolutely positively amzing! <3

misskaylapaige
misskaylapaige

I WANTED to get the super powdery experience that many people described here but ALL I get out of this one is a sharp citrus note with just a little bit of honey and vanilla.

TaniaClamp
TaniaClamp

It opens up quite sharply, but transitions to smell like a beautiful, powdery vanilla and cream cake. The scent lasts a long time, about 8 hours with only a small amount needed to smell sweet and delicious. If you are a person who loves spraying large doses, be careful with L'Instant de Guerlain for it is easy to overdose. I personally love to smell much, but this requires caution and balance with the amount of scent. A warm, powdery and sensual fragrance that has become one of my favorites.

Den öppnar upp ganska skarpt men övergår till att dofta likt en underbar, pudrig vanilj och gräddbakelse. Doften sitter i länge, ca 8 timmar och man behöver endast lite för att lukta ljuvligt. Om man är en person som älskar att spraya mycket så skall man vara försiktig med L'Instant de Guerlain då den är lätt att överdosera. Jag personligen älskar mycket doft, men här krävs största försiktighet. En varm, pudrig och sensuell doft som har kommit att bli en av mina favoriter.

zosoroxy
zosoroxy

1/16/2012: Pure parfum- I was so looking forward to the citrusy-honeyed-note described, but my inexperienced sense of smell detected only powder, powder, powder, vanilla, & white musk... And more powder. Not at all offensive, I just prefer something more floral, and/or spicier/woodsier for myself. This is lovely on someone else:) Very good staying power, moderate sillage. Gave it to my 11 yr. old niece, who is thrilled to own a piece of Paris, France- Once I explained to her who/what Guerlain was & is.

mizlover1
mizlover1

i like this...but can only wear VERY little. thankfully,im lucky enough to be able to wear ALMOST any scent and pull it off...not sure why...(a few i cant wear cause they smell putrid on me) are..opium,shalimar,chantilly lace,anaisanais and a couple more! but back to what i was saying,this perfume is very nice...very mature...start off with a spray or two.

Jellybean
Jellybean

powdery dry floral; hhmmmm........., I'll have to think about this one. it did not grab my olfactory attention while testing it. I blame it on Shalimar:)

glad57
glad57

nice but not as pretty drydown as "the one by d and g." kinda the same but something takes it out of the flow of sensuality which "the one" gives. I will continue to buy the one, hands down better all around, go ahead take the test first so you don't have to buy both.maybe it's the apple pulling it away from the ambery soft vanilla notes at the end.

melbritt24
melbritt24

A huge thanks to member Princess_Buttercup for gifting me this sample! I am loving the warm, enveloping honey! This is reminiscent of Hanae Mori's powdery sweetness. This is ultra-femme! <3

birdy
birdy

very sweet, very honey and powderyof course, it smells dolls, a boudoir, shamallows!

Shelacious
Shelacious

I was so eager to try this one because of the notes and reviews. Unfortunately, this was actually offensive with my body chemistry. It never moved beyond that offense. Maybe the honey note? I had to remove the sample from my skin, which is very rare for me. So this was a no-go for me.

Lee79
Lee79

So I got my sample today. I put it on about 1 hr ago. At the beginning it smelled really nice, it was sorta strong, but then soft and sweet...but after the complete dry down it started to smell to me like D&G The One. I dislike The One very much. So now I have a headache from it. I'm sooo glad I didn't buy a full bottle of this.

Nikka Miró
Nikka Miró

Cedrela Odorata. However, I do not bring anything new or unique (this is very personal) already felt fragrances praticamentes if not identical with the much more affordable price. Is not a bad scent, but me smells like common thing in perfumery.

I lately bought Idylle and Stella, but L'Instant was one of the chances because it's just sooo good!
Especially during wintertime a good ambery based perfume is such a treat! L'Instant has a gorgeous amber base, absolutely Guerlain quality, but it also includes different notes for a multi-layered result like I love in perfume!
One of the most typical note in L'Instant is a vegetal one, very green and a little piercing. You may like it or not but it's surely very original and unmistakable. I bought Idylle instead of L'Instant, because it's less cloying in closed heated places and my bf likes it more. L'Instant in EdP is pure heaven confort if worn in chill cold weather outdoor!
I think it's a sensual perfume that keeps elegance flag high, less serious than Shalimar and Samsara, yet complex and refined.
What impresses me most in L'Instant and basically in all the Guerlains is the lasting power without morphing to anything cheap.
You can easily make a test with paper mouillettes.
I had several papers sprayed with L'Instant and other fragrances, namely latest Givenchy among others.
all the mouillettes lost their fragrance within one day and were useless. L'Instant went on spreading little clouds of lovely perfume for at least one week in a closet! That's quality IMO.

vincy_gal
vincy_gal

Warm, sensuous and yes...can smell the vanilla but not right away. Definitely an adult scent, I can't see this on a teen girl. Very nice.

Decodawn
Decodawn

A beautiful romantic sensual vanilla fragrance, it reminds me of a wonderful holiday with my husband and children sitting in a bedouin tent under a starry spice infused Egyptian moonlit sky, perfect.

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

In one word: delicious.

To expand on that...benzoin, honey, orange blossom and/or bergamot and delicate jasmine with a hint of spice and a soupcon of musk underpinning it all. I didn't get a notably fruity opening---more floral than fruity, definitely, though I can find a touch of apple if I inhale slowly and deeply. It's on the delicate side on me, but seems to last reasonably well.

It is not an especially innovative composition, perhaps, but it is solidly executed and smells absolutely delicious. Others have observed this, and I do agree; but there are lots of boring and indeed more predictable scents out there that have far less to offer in quality. Adding the benzoin to the floral mix was very smart---to me, it's the most intriguing element of this scent. It's one of those perfumes that doesn't make one wax rhapsodic, yet ends up compelling one to sniff it repeatedly on the wrist... This could be a fine daily wear choice for someone who appreciates good composition and quality more than novelty or trendiness. The EdP knocks the EdT out of the pitch in my estimation, bringing a richer and deeper feel, and lasting better.

No complaints, and I'd say a full bottle-worthy floral, especially if you are fond of benzoin.

Scarlette
Scarlette

Just so lovely!

Warm honey, silky vanilla powder, so lush and rich without overpowering. Soft white flowers drenched in honey. Very sexy, although it takes some time for the sexy to sneak up. Then you are surrounded and carried away. Ultimately feminine, warm, and sensuous. The musk really adds lustiness.

Doesn't seem especially unusual, yet is so very special.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is just so so lovely. My skin very unfortunately tends to reject Guerlains, but this one comes out in its full beauty, luckily for me. It is just so well blended. Absolutely feminine, ever so slightly sweet, with light raw honey and powdery soft flowers, with creamy ylang ylang and vanilla making it wonderfully warm and inviting. I am so glad didn't give up on Guerlain, I knew they had a masterpiece for me!

JToronto
JToronto

I have great admiration for Guerlain and still wear some of their classic scents, but the newer ones have mostly disappointed me. So I was suprised that I quite like L'Instant. After the bright citrus opening, there is honey on a strong background of amber - I find I can hardly smell the amber, but I feel it in the rich, buttery, enveloping sense this fragrance creates. The honey is verging on a bit of a urine smell, but not over the top like some (Bois de Miele for example), and there is something herbal/pungent that keeps it from being sickly sweet. The magnolia comes and goes - I notice it if I breathe on my wrist or walk into a warm room, but it does not overpower the other aspects of the scent. This isn't exactly my taste, but it's quite lovely.

reusch210
reusch210

To me this smells like a woman with wavy blonde highlighted hair and warm tan skin on the beach. She is wearing delicate gold jewelry like a necklace, ring and or bracelet and casual gold sandals or flip fops. She is wearing a cream colored bikini. Her nails are a creamy natural color and she has champagney gold eyeshadow on and brown eyeliner and mascara.. She has peachy cream blush and pinky peach lip gloss. The sun is warm and she is golden and warm.

joey.tan
joey.tan

I had high expectations for this perfume, seemed like a sweet vanilla scent i would usually like.......but after awhile, it is too overwhelming and i actually find that it stinked....spicy, woody, warm scent. didnt like it.

Whit
Whit

I bought the shimmering body lotion online a few days ago. This was a blind buy and I bought it based on the wonderful reviews and I am not disappointed. What a heavenly scent! To me, it smells like a sweet-woody frag. Even the lotion has great lasting power! Great for fall and winter months; this aroma would be too much for the heat of summer. A very elegant, classy, sophisticated scent, you will turn heads when you wear this and people will definitely ask what you are wearing. Very nicely done!

Trinity

This is my second review for this perfume…

The weather got colder and for me this is just about the perfect time to wear this beauty again. Did not wear it too much last autumn/winter since I favored “Angel” back then…

So last weekend the bottle fell back into my hands again and I thought to myself, why not give it a try again?!

So I sprayed some in the morning and went on to do my usual business…wherever I went there was a beautiful smell around me….first I thought that it came from somebody else…just shortly I realized it was me that smelled so divine!!!

Wow, what a breathtaking beauty L'Instant de Guerlain (EdP is! A must try for sure!

darrshanjvoraa

well to begin with this is not a very sweet perfume , its a slightly florale orientally sweet perfume, the bottle is outstanding and the longevity is extra ordinary , it stays close to the skin, the magnolia is quiet pretty, over all its a great fragrance.
buy the edp .

Rouu
Rouu

this is sexy, soft and warm , like a cuddle :) ..
been long time since i got it every time i try to review this beauty i just cant review it as it should be...

its a TOP , class , luxury scent , one of my favorites with no doubts ,L'Instant de Guerlain is a beautiful, soft, powdery floral, with the classic Guerlain vanilla drydown then luscious honeyed floral that i adore

nothing here related to the Shalimar nor Jicky overwhelming , I LOVE YOU L'instant :)

RkrChk
RkrChk

No honey for me [at least on my skin] with this one...Just tons of benzoin, musk, amber and jasmine...Very sweet but not cloying...Beautiful, youthful, gourmandish fragrance suitable for the upcoming brisk & chilly weather!

alchimia72

Wonderful. The perfect mix of flowers and vanilla notes. Longlasting, refreshing and sweet. People often ask me which kind of fragrance i wear. This is my third bottle and it's one of my must.

mylancome
mylancome

Carla67: Yes, the EDP is more ambery sweet in purple glass, the EDT is more cool spicy in clear glass.

Gladly I test it before purchase. a ambery middle asian style scents, not my type.

LittleSnowflake
LittleSnowflake

I'm so disappointed. I just received my sample of L'Instant, which i thought i would love due to the honey/vanilla notes and reviews of its powdery nature, but im getting a really strong green note that i dont like at all. Im picking up on the honey - yum. The vanilla - double yum. The soft powderyness - wonderful. Its smooth creamy base - gorgeousness. Ylang-Ylang, Musk, Mandarin, Orris - all perfect!
BUT what is this strong 'green' note im getting through? As you can probably tell, i detest anything that smells 'green' like cut plant stems, fresh leaves, grass etc (ugh!). Am i identifying the magnolia as a 'green' type of note? Ive never smelt magnolia before, so i dont know, but all i do know is that this would have been my perfect fragrance if it were not for this awful green rush up to my nose. The base is so creamy/powdery/sweet/feminine - i love it. Gutted that i abviously hate gardenia or one of the other greenish florals within its composition. *cry* =(

EDIT: After 10 minutes or so that 'green' note subsides and im left with the gorgeous creamy, sweet, powdery, soft base. I can still sense that green-ness lurking about but its definitely faded into the background.
Still i dont know if i could buy a full bottle of this b/c i hate that green so much.
Must say though, without that this would be perfection.
Gutted.

I wonder if L'Instant Magique has this same green/floral note? Perhaps i will be luckier with that version?

2nd EDIT: L'Instant has grown on me after testing a few more times. Im still not keen on the initial green-floral note im picking up, but the drydown is so lovely. I MUCH prefer this to L'Instant Magique.

Norgirl
Norgirl

so so georges a perfume.
i have tryed this for all seasons now. and must say it is best for autumn and wintertime.
the vanillic honey note slightly spiced up whit all theother notes is so beautiful and unik. i havent found anything remotly like this gem.
a real treasure.. I was so affraid off trying this at first , dident think it could suit me . but boy was i wrong.. this is a go to when i need a bit of class and warmt in my day.
So perfectly blended .
i love this one <3

Starlight_Angel
Starlight_Angel

This is such a beautiful scent that I find very feminine, sweet and irresistible.

I can smell the sharp citrus notes in the opening, but they are quickly superseded by powdery florals, the best of which is a simply wonderful magnolia note and then the delectable soft honey/vanilla combination takes center stage in the dry down.

L'Instant de Guerlain is a very classic fragrance, with a timeless quality to it that I adore. It has a maturity about it that I find exceptionally alluring, without being heavy, or harsh or cloying.

Best of all it has the excellent sillage and longevity that I associate with a Guerlain perfume. I have the EDT and it lasts 7-8 hours on my skin.

For me, this beauty works best in the fall and winter...the cooler climate seems to bring out its best.

An amazing perfume that I would never hesitate to recommend to anyone.

I rarely consider giving a perfume 10/10, but this stunning fragrance deserves every single one of those ten points.

Just gorgeous!

chowchow41
chowchow41

This is such a nice perfum. At the beginning this is a little loud. But when it settles down thats when im in love. Its sweet with ylang ylang, honey and amber [love it].
I sprayed the perfume on my wrist at 14.00 hours and now at 19.00 its still there to give me its sweetness that i love.

boruvka44
boruvka44

This sweetie used to be my signature for years (EDP). Very very sweet magnolia nectar with a hint of mandarine, all dipped in a lot of honey. It must make even bees drool. Sweet cheesecake with magnolia.
Silage is amazing. My colleagues always knew I was already there, when they were coming to work. Longevity is very good too, 12 hours for sure. Even if you get used to the scent, you can still smell it the whole day.
I can not wear it anymore, now it's deadly sweet, powdery and artificial for my taste. I still keep a little bit in old flacon to sniff every now and then.
Btw, they started to make this with plastic cap instead of glass.

maraika
maraika

I really wanted to love it. The initial spray was somehow strong and unpleasant for me. Maybe too much flowery. I like the honey in the drydown, but there's something disturbing for my nose - maybe that floral part, that is there from the beginning to the end and gives a harsh, nauseating feeling. It's not comforting and mild, as i expected. I was gonna purchase it blindly, but now i have to put it off my wishlist.

jtd
jtd

As the name implies, tutti frutti refers to a dessert of a mix of fruits. A compote, an ice cream or the like made of various fruits where the fruit flavors enhance each other. Tutti frutti in the language of commercial flavor production has also come to mean one particular flavor: bubblegum. L'Instant, while well-composed and well-behaved is a tutti flori in the manner of the latter tutti frutti. L'Instant isn't exactly bland, just indistinct. It's a blur of the sultry floral set: lily, magnolia, ylang-ylang and others, forming a sort of pan-tropical note that flattens out when bolstered by a matter of course vanilla and musk.

Less an idealized abstract floral, or a well-matched bouquet; more an actually loud, but conceptually hazy floral flavor. Lack of evolution over time only exacerbates the problem.

Kazorwaman
Kazorwaman

First I have tested this one on blotter, the parfume smells nice and soft pouder :) I liked it alot and decided to give it a shot!
Then I tested this on my skin ... and became disappointed: for me there is too much floweres at the begginig. That nice scent of pouder came through surrounded with vanilla, too sweet to me :(
Nice parfume, but I won`t be able to wear it without thinking that there is some another woman next to me :)

SheShe

I'm wearing the edt version at the moment and I must say it's definitely better than edp in my opinion. Edp is too... rough compared to edt. Edt is so corporal and soft and feminine... It's definitely in my top ten of all times. The soft honey and mild fruit, the soft oriental... love it!

Update: Now I'm wearing an edp and it's different, still great :) Perhaps I prefer edt as it's more subtle... Edp is darker, dark brown-like, still warm, comforting, feminine. Edt ends up in beautiful subtle fruit, edp without them but it becomes even sweeter when the amber - pretty one! comes into play :) So whatever somebody prefers, darker, thick,less subtle (still subtle!), more oriental - go for edp, more delicate, subtle fruity, less thick - go for edt.

mara_g
mara_g

This is a delicate amber-vanilla perfume, with some citrus on top. Really pretty and soft, it's the shy version of Shalimar. That's what I get on my skin...no flowers at all and very little honey (unlike another perfume from my wardrobe-Poeme).Indeed, a softer, younger and more wearable Shalimar (which should be used on special occasions). Sillage is quite low on my skin, seems to a be a skin scent , but has a good longevity , about 8 hours. Recommended for spring/autumn/winter.

I know a lot of people say this smells like honey. It's sweet, yes, but I don't actually smell any honey. I get mostly vanilla, musk, flowers, and orris, which gives it an extremely powdery profile. This perfume is very classy, but too similar to many other classic powdery scents like Chanel No5, Boucheron, Shalimar. I would not buy this for myself, but if it were gifted to me I'd be very excited.

charlottesmom
charlottesmom

Oh man! On me this is horrible, my chemistry does something really wonky with this and it winds up stinking of rose and only rose and a very stinky rose at that! It does last forever though....I kept waiting for something good to happen in the dry down.....nope. This perfume smelled so beautiful when sniffed from the bottle, I'm so bummed! :0(

mika71
mika71

I just tried the EDP on my skin.

Very soft and unusual, and somehow familiar. Smooth, almost milky. I definitely pick up ylang ylang, with honey and a hint of jasmine, then later a touch of vanilla in the dry down. Somehow it also has a fresh quality, but not at all soapy.

Strikingly intimate, quietly conjuring naughty thoughts. Very unique and so well blended that it's difficult to analyze.

Sillage is not strong, this is a skin scent, but the longevity on me has been very good, about 6-8 hours and it's still there.

kwarnst
kwarnst

I'm not sure whether I like this Edp or not. I love the drydown, but the rest isn't as pleasing to my nose.
The opening is rather harsh; sharp and bitter. The flowers are highly present in the heart of the fragrance, but I find that Jasmine and Elderflower (which I both like less) get far more attention than Ylang-Ylang and Magnolia, and the evolution is very linear for hours and hours. The scent is rather overpowering and strong on my skin.
The drydown is very nice; relaxing, warming, comforting. Honey, vanilla, musk and amber make a nice, soothing blend and give the fragrance an intimate character.
I prefer to wear this scent in the colder seasons.

My keywords for this Edp: seductive, mature, feminine, sensual.

Good sillage, extreme lastingpower!

tiger_greeneyes
tiger_greeneyes

There is so much going on with this perfume that it smells different just about every time I sniff my wrists. At first spray I find it a bit too citrussy and sour but once it starts to develop, it becomes entirely different. It's all about the middle notes for me, along with the warmth and depth of the base notes. It has many facets and personalities and I can't find anything about it that could be construed as offensive, but I'm biased. I really can't get enough of it at the moment. This is one for any occasion.

la louve
la louve

I like it very much, smooth and seductive...
In the opening I can smell a "striking resemblance" with "Amaranthine" Penhaligon`s... dont know why!?
Love from Louve

MizLiz
MizLiz

No, it's not one of the great Guerlains, but yes, it does smell pretty good! L'Instant is, to me, a comfortable, fluffy pillow of musk and honey: Something to relax in on cold, dreary days. Sometimes I find it a little too linear, as if my iPod were stuck on repeat, playing the same pleasant old song over and over again. But that's not always a bad thing!

fashionfaerie
fashionfaerie

She is such a beauty! Some have mentioned something sharp in the opening, which I experience as galbanum and pepper. On its own I don't love this facet of L'Instant, yet I sense that the scent might go a little flat and generic without it. L'Instant is more of a crowd pleaser than the older, darker, more challenging Guerlains, for which some have dismissed it. Yet I actually love it precisely because it's friendly and easy to wear like a modern scent, but bears the substance and quality of the Guerlain tradition.

muskymale

Elegant, sexy and sophisticated. 100% a modern masterpiece. The EDT is fresher and less sweet than the EDP, but both are lovely and have so much depth. This is what makes Guerlain so distinctive in the world of perfumery.

I would seriously consider buying this in the near future!

jrova
jrova

This is a very soft, pleasant, elegant and innocent yet sexy scent. It's as light as the breeze Makes you feel so comfortable and feminine.

SheShe

I love the perfume so much! I'm talking about an edt version, a sample of edp is on my way.
The edt version is so pretty that I can easily say that's one of the pretties fragrances I've ever smelt and I've tried many, believe me. I've had it for only 3 weeks maybe. At first I got a 2 ml sample and thought it was too strange in the head notes and then beautiful. The second time and I fell in love in the fragrance, I had to buy a bottle.

It's a very feminine fragrance, subtle, delicate, as if somebody hugged you. Very comforting, classy without being stiff. After a few hours beautiful fruit comes into play, but believe me, it's a classy fruit without being edible and so calm and pretty... :)Ah, and edt isn't powdery at all and that's OK with me.

I prefer the scent than L'Instant Magic which is nice but doesn't have the sensual, pure feminine feeling of L'Instant edt.

octobersun
octobersun

It's a perfume I can wear anywhere, anytime. Loveable, sweat, feminine and sexy.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Hmm, so Roucel came in to do this one as Guerlains saviour after Champs Elysees? So why do I find them so similar in nature? Quiet, indistinctly floral with a flat heart note in which I get mimosa! There are so many luscious notes listed, but I get none of them. I can usually smell honey a mile off but really, I got no satisfaction from this one! I shall try again in case I got a dud tester (but I doubt it)

CavyQueen
CavyQueen

This fragrance is very similar to Guerlain's Angelique Noir. I loved it the first time I sprayed it. To me itis a spicy green floral with a vanilla base. I'm very happy with it.

pauluch3
pauluch3

It's a mix of soft jasmine, ylang-ylang and magnolia with a big dose of honey. It's great for winter, really cosy and warm. I think it's too mature for me, but the staying power is amazing.

Helsinki
Helsinki

This mini review is written regarding the EDP. I picked this one randomly today and sprayed.
So many people have reviewed l'Instant de Guerlain - wow!

The spray dosage is perfect; the diameter is very large with just enough soft pressure! That's somewhat rare. Chanel Antaeus is another fume that comes with perfect spraying quality.

TO THE POINT. Jasmine, orange blossom, rose ( and lily, musk and sandalwood)... l'Instant EDP could Easily be the sister or ISABELLA ROSSELLINI MANIFESTO. No wonder I didn't have trouble finding back into the memories when I was 13 years old in 2001.

It's surprisingly hard to review a fragrance that mingles with another fume that's loaded with emotion, you know.

l'Instant plays with many flowers. Bergamot comes through strongly. And, the rose note is stunning. Just as in freshly picked ones. l'Instant is mainly for summer wear.

dani_ela
dani_ela

Lovely smell! It is so worming, so deep and soft scent wich contains honney, vanilla and mysterious flowers, all this dipped in sweetness and powder! Beautiful scent!

Louw
Louw

On paper, this sounds as though I should love it, but in reality it's too sweet and flowery for my tastes. I don't detect any of the unusual aspects of it at all. I just get that cloying sweetness and a hint of vanilla beneath it.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

I smelled L'Instant de Guerland EDP but the bottle was taller than pictured here, so not sure if it is the same. Assuming it is and it comes in different packaging (for whatever reason), this is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! So feminine, so sensual, so well blended! I consider it a masterpiece. It gives me a feeling of being enveloped in soft velvet with magic dust sprinkled on top. I can't pick out any individual notes but the end result is a divine vanilla-based creation. Definitely prefer the EDP over the EDT (they smell different, the EDT is more fruity and has apple). This is also better than L'Instant Magic in my opinion.

shivers33
shivers33

A few drops (edp)and you are ready to wear your high heels(you wouldn't wear flats with L'Instant, would you?) and show the world the woman you are....warm and sexy, delicate and feminine, and behind your beautiful smile, deep and precious secrets.

SculptureOfSoul
SculptureOfSoul

I normally dissect fragrances in my attempt to understand them intellectually. I observe the interplay of notes and how the transitions are handled and the flow, or lack thereof, of it all.

I won't be doing that for L'Instant. Why? Because. L'Instant arouses something primal in me, something carnal, and it requires no understanding anymore than one's preference for a particular food requires - or is benefitted by - some kind of meta-analysis and deeper understanding.

Subtle citrus, sweet honey, and a wonderful vanilla with just a hint of jasmine dirtiness combine in L'Instant to create a truly bewitching scent.

As a long time perfumista, this man has smelled many women's scents over the years. L'Instant may not be the most complex scent, or feature the most numerous or even depth-laden transitions, but it never ever fails to drive me wild. On the purely primal - carnal - level, this is the one that does it for me.

You've been warned! :P

twillocks
twillocks

Oh How I Love the this reminds me me of Kenzo Flower and actually I have them both on right now and I cannot tell the difference and I absolutely LOVE THEM BOTH!!!!! Makes me feel all cuddly and soft.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

A progressive step into the contemporary--not your typical Guerlain classic, but a noteworthy fragrance all the same.

Opens with a shout of green citrus and perhaps like Doc Elly observed, a note of galbanum which catches me a little off guard.

Iris and magnolia are beautiful but are a somewhat overwhelmed by the sharp green notes to start, but as this dissipates, the flowers bloom to a powdery freshness that beckons attention.

Musky and sensual to finish with a trace of green still lingering. Somehow the green note doesn't allow L'Instant to fuse with my skin, however it does have some great projection.

Unique, youthful and feminine. A nice catch for the modern Guerlain girl.

sofiii
sofiii

L’Instant de Guerlain is one of those Guerlain perfumes which I find not really Guerlain to me, and tried to love, but failed. Slightly powdered quite floral, with a cold, sharp personality and at the same time presenting something cold, silk and milky side, is the start of L’Instant de Guerlain. Somehow I find it similar to Dior Addict, only in the sense of the cold, sharp personality.
After a while, it gets warmer and more tamed. It’s like milk with peppery notes, it is quite floral, and oriental in a muted way; somehow it smells like Le Perla’s Charm, but much quiter.

I guess chemistry is to blame, L’Instant de Guerlain is like a pretty lady at a party, whom I’ve never talked to, but I just instantly dislike her for no reason.

Siv55
Siv55

Sweet, heavy and vanillery. Quite long-lasting. Sweeter than Dior Addict. You will smell like an italian bakery. Which is nice. I don't like the advert though, with the woman who thinks the sun shines out of her armpits.
Arpege, made in a builders tea way, strong with four sugars.

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

L'Instant is a very dry, warm woody musk on my skin. On first spray, there was a sharp, woodiness that reminded me strongly of cedar. The florals appeared after a few minutes, but musk, rounded by honey and softened by amber, is what lingers on my skin in the full dry down. L'Instant is an elegant, artfully crafted perfume, but sadly, it's not quite to my taste.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Starts out as an interesting and unique combination of bitter and sweet. It’s got galbanum, citrus, some odd floral note, and vanilla. It takes less than 20 minutes for the bitter note to disappear, leaving a honey-pollen sweet floral that reminds me of some type of wild (weed?) flower, but I’m not sure which one. It’s not magnolia, whatever it is. After 3-4 hours it dries down to a warm, musky, vanilla amber scent, which is truly excellent.

At first I was a little skeptical about this perfume, but in the end I was hooked. It’s unique, it has moderate sillage and good lasting power, and it’s really a beautiful composition. It’s definitely a perfume that I would wear, and I recommend it for anyone who likes unusual floral orientals.

krissycat
krissycat

This smells sooo good. It is a very sophisticated mature smell so I feel like at least for me its not an everyday perfume. It's a perfume I would wear to a very nice dinner or affair. I feel quite elegant when wearing this. I've bought the perfume and the perfume gel upon the recommendation below, since it is very cheap to buy the gel on amazon. The perfume ofcourse is a bit more expensive. I find that 1.0 ounces is very hard to find online because it is out of stock everywhere, so I decided to buy the 1.7 bottle and on amazon the price wasn't too bad. Right now I have Idylle and L'Instant from Guerlain and I'm loving both. I'm so glad I bought this one

noha
noha

at first I loved it, but then i thought i smell like my colleague who wears cinema most of the time. and i thought i am not an Yves Saint Laurent type! they both have the same base except for honey and jasmine in the core but the result is the same. why someone bother to make a perfume that is already made. I felt angry at the whole perfume industry. They sell us an idea ,, a poster with beautiful girl on it, not a smell, how i long for something really original with a character of its own like shalimar or number 5.

Sassy1
Sassy1

I don't know what to think...the EDP I just got is a dark orange color, no where near the pretty lilac-champagne nuance depicted in the image above.
2 dabs on pulse points...hmm...a little sweet and tart orange, and then a long period of sugary powdery Jolly Rancher apple. At least I think that's what it is...unfortunately, it's so pungent and powerful with a biting quality it almost burns my eyes and nose. It does finally dry down to a flowery vanilla but the ride is so uncomfortable getting there it's barely worth it.
I must have gotten a bad bottle because there is nothing delicate about what I have.
It reminds me of Carolina Herrera, super strong powdery in your face sweet stuff that seems to last forever.

This one is not enjoyable to wear or smell for me, verging on downright painful, like too much dessert. I love Mitsouko and L'Heur Bleu but this Guearlain and I are not meant to be.

jadetrail51
jadetrail51

This is my new "go to" scent. L'instant is at it's best for me in about an hr. into it's development. So soft and comforting with the vanilla and ylang ylang. The jasmine is so sexy at this point. I'll be buying the shower gel and lotion soon because layering this I know would be nothing less than fantastic!

sofababe
sofababe

I'm so glad I gave this one a second chance!
I, like Olga1780, tested about 4 or 5 scents at once and this one seemed all wrong to me but I think maybe I had killed my poor nose! lol
I bathed and reapplied this on its own as it was the one I really wasn't convinced by, and WOW! Its so pretty after around 30 minutes. Soft but strong florals with sweet powdery vanilla. I can't stop sniffing my wrists. It really is yummy, so yummy I'm going in for a big bottle!

maatgirl
maatgirl

L'Instant is, in a few words, Dior Addict minus 95% of the hormones...and that is a good thing. This perfume has been slammed for being well-crafted and executed, but lacking soul. I beg to differ. In L'Instant, Maurice Roucel is at the top of his game, offering up a floral with nearly edible notes reminiscent of L'Heure Bleue. It is sensual enough for a heavy date but sweet enough (courtesy of the Guerlinade base)for brunch with Mom and Dad. This is a masterpiece...perhaps the best Guerlain since Chamade (and no, I'm not forgetting Jardins de Bagatelle or Champs Elysees). The bottle is amazing, too...that iridescent purple combined with the peachy juice is a trip. Give L'Instant a chance...it will rock your world!

olga1780

I am finally wearing it alone today for the whole day, and not with another 4 scents at the same time.
What can I say....I'm in heaven! I still think this perfume is not very unique (it reminds me of Lalique a little, but L'instant is more powdery), but it doesn't make less beautiful. Plus, the Guerlain quality makes it a keeper for sure.

olga1780

A pretty, elegant scent, but nothing breath taking...i don't think I would recognize it in the crowd. Maybe it was the effect of Cristobal, Tumulte and Must de Cartier, that i was testing at the same time that made it pale into insignificance. But I still like this fragrance for its quality and elegance. Plus it's good to have diversity in the floral department because it doesn't smell exactly like any other floral perfumes i have.

aelias
aelias

Smooth, classy, very versatile...nothing amazing, but pretty and a good go-to fragrance for warmer weather. I do not get much of the oriental side to it - I would call it strictly floral.

Edit: I am pretty surprised - I have gotten compliments every time I wear L'Instant. No other perfume in my collection gets that kind of response.

Tulipano
Tulipano

I fell in love with it from the first sniff.It's overwhelming. It's sexy, elegant, and unique. It makes me feel that I'm on a GONDOLO in Venezia enjoying the breeze of freedom.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

Some may describe that fragrance as intoxicating but L'Instant de Guerlain is very much detoxicating to me :-)
It is the only fragrance in my collection I am not particularly bothered wearing all day. It is, however, the only perfume I love to wear when going to bed.
It is relaxing and calming. Spirit purifier, soul healer, it helps me to get my thoughts together before falling asleep and helps to soothe my body after a stressfull day at work.
Who should say one has to feel comfortable only when starting a new day with the fragrance that suits their taste on the very moment instead of wearing one at the end of the day? I prefer to finish my day with L'Instant. I prefer to feel it wrapping me with softness, rocking my heart to fall asleep. I love to wake up in the morning, still smelling it on my pyjama as I stretch in bed and lazily walk to the bathroom to take a quick shower.
That is L'Instant de Guerlain to me.
I cannot detect particular notes on their own, I cannot detect jasmine or magnolia.
What I do smell is a honey comb dipped in lime smoothie and sprinkled with flower petals.
That is my L'Instant.
My top quality sleeping pill and a muscle relaxant all in one bottle :-)

gasolina
gasolina

オードトワレ(レギュラーのもの)の感想。
マグノリアメインの香りということで、とても春らしい、特に早春にまといたい香りです。
解説にもありますとおり、トワレにはトップにアップルの香りが加えられています。これがすばらしくフレッシュで大好きです。そしてフルーティーなトップが過ぎ去ってしまうと、あとからあとから万華鏡のように、白い花々の香りがあふれ出てきてすばらしく女性的。美しく幸福な気分を演出してくれます。ベースには「ゲラン節」とも思われるような、ややへヴイなヴァニラとアンバーが香ります。ここへきて、やっぱり、ゲラン様なのね、と感じ落ち着きます。一年を通じて愛用とはいかないけれども、おしゃれしてお出かけする春の昼間用といったところでしょうか。

sistertricked

I sometimes spray l'Instant on in the evening at home while attending this or that job and EVERY TIME my husband wants to know what the smell is. He is SPELLED by it and I go crazy with pleasure. I use other perfumes too to make me company in the evening but when it comes to l'Instant, it always does the trick: "Mmm, what's that smell?" Judge for yourselves.

Natalie467
Natalie467

I had forgotten how fabulous L'Instant is~ I wore the hell out of this back in the spring, summer and fall of 2004 so much so I burned myself out and stashed the bottle away in the cabinet in our spare bathroom. I even had a little jar of the body cream which I'd keep at work and cream up my hands with whenever needed. My work is very ventilated and open, so no complaints.

L'Instant gives the feeling of succulent, sweet honey and magnolia, with a little green from the bergamot, a touch of sweet from the jasmine. Smells even better than the magnolia tree in my yard. I don't really get much vanilla from it, I do notice the orris and jasmine. It's hard to say when I smell each note with the "double olfactory pyramid" going on. I do smell the honey and magnolia from the beginning to end, actually the beginning starts off kind of brisk, the first spray is quite a blast for the nose, but like most, if not all Guerlains it mellows out so an extremely enjoyable fragrance.

Sillage and longevity are excellent. I will be dusting off my 3.4 oz EDP bottle of L'Instant (with only about 3/4ths of an inch left in it!) and wearing it with love again, no longer burned out, it's like I'm enjoying it for the first time.

And hopefully if I buy another bottle, it had better smell the same as this or I will be furious. :0

floof
floof

This is a review for the perfum gel, not listed on the site but under $14 on amazon (95 dollar value). I am so impressed, I have tried this fragrance in edp and did not care for it, but the gel comes out with a lip gloss like wand and smells amazing and lasts better than most light florals. It is very pretty and delicate, I got a sampler and will revisit the edp, perhaps I will prefer it layered with the gel. Anyway, whether you like the fragrance or not, the gel is a cheap long lasting alternative- the lowest price I have found for this and no blast or alcohol. Not loud, but not non-existent, a good work fragrance, it is not offensive at all and very well blended. I snatched up a couple more gels, I really like this a lot and the unique formula is just fun! Layerable too, and much less powdery than the spray which just felt off to me. Highly suggest the gel from amazon/ebay!

Got a sample of the edt in a set with mitsouko, shalimar, insolence, samsara. It is swoon worthy and I got a very cheap bottle on amazon, can't wait for my spray bottle of it to arrive! Still suggest that gel though, its just too reasonable to pass up and layers GREAT!

Got a full sized tester edp cheap on amazon and wow layered with that gel its so amazing. That gel price is like what? 85% off? I AM IN! Bought 3 more.

Guerlain rarely disappoints and this is absolutely no exception.

I am surprised - on me - there is a powdery and warm, female scent. I'm into oriental-parfumes but this one I would not call oriental at all. Very warm, deep and nice scent - but I'm no fan of powdery scents so I'm a bit dissapointed at this one. I have the EDP-version

Till min förvåning så är denna doften ganska "pudrig" på mig. Jag gillar olika typer av oriental-inriktade parfymer men denna tycker jag inte är så mycket oriental alls. En väldigt varm, kvinnlig, djup och sensuell doft men med en portion pudrighet över sig. Jag har inte burit några pudriga dofter tidigare så jag tycker inte att denna doften passar på mig. jag har EdP-versionen.

hollycat
hollycat

I get mostly a thick, dense, heavy vanilla from this EDP. Very sweet with the honey note. As it wears on it just gets stronger and more vanillic. I have to agree with Dina that it kind of smells like Trouble by Boucheron, but lighter. It also smells similar to Allure EDP on my skin but L instant is thicker and denser and a bit stronger.

Its smells expensive, elegant and very feminine, but I cant take all that vanilla on me. The vanilla just drowns everything else out.

Longevity is great and sillage impressive. But not for me.

dina

I tested it today for the second time and realized how L'instant Magic is so different and better actually.

L'instant dries down with lots of honeyed vanilla which reminded me a lot of Boucheron Trouble but maybe a bit lighter.

Longevity is very good as well as sillage.

Sissi
Sissi

The opening is nice,
powdery but not overwhelming like Kenzo's Flower a softer more diluted powdery opening but i disagree with the drying
down it does not smell elegant on me it
smells like rotting cabbage mixed with
powder i just think my skin chemistry doesn't balance this scent very well
which is sad because it's from the most
prestigious perfume houses in perfumery.

krishka
krishka

One of mine favs...unique, elegant scent with a sexy twist, without being cheap... well blended and layered,flowery but has depth, warm, soft and long lasting!

Catbiscuit

This is one of my favourite perfumes but there is a big difference between the EDT & EDP. The EDP is the powdery, dense one with a feral citrus opening and the EDT is the lofty, fairy princess one (but it doesn't last nearly as long).

As an alternative, the shower gel is divine. It has the smell of the EDT but is slightly stronger and lasts longer! I used the EDP for my wedding and the shower gel for my entire honeymoon. I have very fond memories of L'Instant.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I wasn't overly impressed with L'Instant when I first tested it. It smelled quite dense and powdery, not very distinct and the kind of perfume that a well dressed mature woman would wear. However, the longer it was on me the better it smelled and I actually started to quite like it. Not love it, like it. I was impressed as well with its staying power. It lasted a whole day on me and probably would have stayed on even longer if I hadn't have showered!

I think I'll give this a few more tries to see whether I'd commit to buying a bottle or not - or maybe I'll get lucky and someone will give me a bottle as a present! :-)

Bouquet
Bouquet

I'm testing this one today- it's very powdery and clean, as been mentioned, also great longevity. I could see this as an office scent, but I'm not sure that I would wear it on a date.

I'm a little undecided as to how I feel regarding this particular fragrance. L'Instant de Guerlain fascinates me, yet also leaves me dissatisfied.

First off, it strikes me as being very modern and elegant. To my nose, I tend to get a lot of powdery and musky iris and amber, (this is a review for the EDP by the way).

I read somewhere that this is a rather popular choice for brides on their wedding day, and I can see why. L'Instant de Guerlain is polite, pretty and classy, evidently formal in its approach, but nothing too bold.

It's clean, musky powderiness is what bothers me slightly. I often refrain from using the term 'old lady', yet for once I'll say that I feel this fragrance is too old for a young twenty year old, such as myself. It's a scent for tea parties and reading a book in bed, not something to match my somewhat wild, energetic and partying lifestyle.

In all honesty, L'Instant de Guerlain strikes me as a more modern and a less heavier version of the classic Shalimar and L'Heure Bleue. I noted this similarity when I first smelt it, however it wasn't until now that it occured to me that they are all from the same house.

When it comes down to it, I much prefer L'Instant de Guerlain over and above Insolence and Idylle which leave much to be desired, however my appreciation for Guerlain still lies with their classics, especially those produced before the year 2000.

sistertricked

L'Instant stands for me as high as my Ysatis, Byzance, Tresor, Rykiel LeParfum, Sensuous, Dalì Le Parfum, Coco thanks to the inner beauty it emanates, to the artful blending of notes which renders the fragrance unforgettable. There is a lot of L'Instant (EDT) which has already been said/felt olfactorily, as it seems to have notes, feelings, tendencies, which have already been expressed through other perfumes previously. It seems to take the best of some previous creations and synthetize everything into a full-bodied, unique masterpiece. In the beginning I get a hint at CK's Contradiction, with the peppery musk and amber; when apple and magnolia set in I recall Arden's 5th Avenue and later, when it gets greener on me (I sense cedar and lily) I feel like I am wearing CK's Truth; when it settles down there are hints of Poème, due to the amber and honey combination, and of Lancome's Hypnotyzing Elixir warmth; in the second and longest drydown phase I get Organza's benzoinic nuttiness. It is to me all these things together but at the same time it distinguishes itself from them all, as it eventually is (or is yet to become) an unforgettable classic. It is one of the few perfumes I am happy to fill my lungs with in joy and remain further longing for it. It is thick and lush but airy, green and fresh but warm, rich, envelopping but simple, for day or night use, with very good longevity.
I love it! If only for an instant it reminded me of this or that perfume, it is to better qualify itself. Yes, L'Instant IS a perfume which talks about perfume.

Goldfinch
Goldfinch

Love at first sniff:)! I like the EDT (not the limited version) more than the EDP, it's more wearable and is long-lasting, too. There is black currant in the top. It's very creamy and warm, and doesn't give me a headache, as EDP does. One of my favourites. Like an AVON-scent?? IMO not. Beautiful.

UPDATE: While using the second little sample (before buying I'm testing scents a lot) I realised I'm full with this scent. I think it's beautiful, though, but I won't buy a full bottle. Maybe I overdosed him. I need some time before using him again, maybe our love will come back:(.

Cyntillate
Cyntillate

L'Instant is fairly upfront with its intentions. It's like a really gorgeous guy hitting on you at a party - you are very flattered, you are having fun feeling sexy but you know exactly what is going to happen. Wearing L'Instant is fun and sexy and even a bit addictive for a while ( when I first got it I didn't wear anything else -at night- for a month or more)but it has no intrigue. No mystery. For a sexy, night time, winter scent it is a little too predictable. That is not to say it has no value; it is delicious and belongs in anyone's list of favorite friends. Worth owning and worth the name Guerlain !

natalia777
natalia777

Womanly, bewitching, mysterious scent. Warm and sexual. Unostentatious, but attracting in the world of deep feelings. It is pleasant to me very much.

Passionflower
Passionflower

This to me is quite a nice scent, but unfortunately it disappeared way too quickly after I put it on my wrist. Too bad.

elusivek
elusivek

This is a cool weather scent but I had to test it in the summer because I thought I might have given a wrong review to L’instant Magic (I had not thankfully).

Even in the summer this one (EDT) is quite interesting. At first I get sweet, amber, cedar, some sort of spice, and white floral. Then, oddly enough (perhaps the double pyramid) at almost the same time, I get the distinct notes of citrus, honey, magnolia, and a bit of musk.

After a bit, the powdery iris is pretty prominent (not one of my favorites, so it stands out) and a persistent pepper note in there, it took me a minute to identify, but definitely pepper.

It ends out lingering with the powdery iris and the pepper, and magnolia at the forefront, supported by musk, benzoin, amber, plus and a wood that escapes me at the moment.

It surely wasn’t instant love but there’s something compelling about it that makes me keep going back to it. It’s classy and elegant. I could definitely see wearing this to a formal dinner or occasion.

I agree that it’s best suited for cooler weather but I think someone could get away with wearing it on a cool summer evening. Wear it in hot temperatures and it becomes harsh with strong pepper and powder notes, not a true representation of this classy composition. I also can’t see someone in their teens/early twenties pulling this one off. Other than that, it’s a timeless scent good for any age.

nefema
nefema

This one is definetly my favorite guerlain's fragrance and it is on the top of my favorites list . the lasting power is spetacular and the powdery scent that remains on my skin its something really special for me . I simply adore , there's no one like L'instant !

Kirancilla
Kirancilla

I still have an almost full 30ml bottle of the EDP... I have had it for seven years now! I love it though I only wear it about five times a YEAR! It is just so special that I can't use it more often even if I tried. And definitely it is nothing for the summer months. It is WAY too strong.

Contessa01
Contessa01

This is so beautiful it is my new must have. I sprayed this today and was followed and sniffed by a guy!! It's soft and beautiful, though as it is so soft and powdery i would imagine you could even add something sweet with it and it would make a great combination!

falovalo
falovalo

I smell quite a bit of powdery iris in here. I'm not one for powdery fragrances, so I won't be purchasing a bottle of this. I will, however, use up my decant because it is a very feminine, sweet, soft fragrance. I do like this, but it's missing something for me, as if it's not "finished".

Alexandrarae
Alexandrarae

I have been wearing this perfume now for quite a while -had a "tester" bottle which was fabulous - bought 100ml here in South Australia ($145.00) so quite expensive and unfortunately does not have the same gorgeousness of the tester. I am taking it out of the box and letting the light in hoping it will mature into the scent that I loved from the tester which I know was over 5 years old! Am "double dipping" with it at the moment - spraying first with L'Instant and then topping off with Estee Lauder's Sensuous which has similar notes - seems to work okay but I am disappointed that have to do this to get a fragrance that stays. If it doesn't get any better will stick with Sensuous from now on!

Catbiscuit

EDT : I think this smells magical! The opening is such a burst of fresh flowers & then settles into a gentle fairy-like dance on the skin.

I find it almost supernaturally beautiful, etheral & unidentifiable.

An interesting sidenote, my man thought this smelled like bicycle tyres! His brain must be wired wrong hehehe

EDP: I brought this to wear at my wedding in September. I happily ripped into it, confident of my choice. I sprayed it on & got a huge blast of alcohol. Hmm, I don't remember this from my sample. Then there was a yucky, sweaty citrus scent. Wait a second - I checked my sample, hot dang, I had fallen in love with EDT and I now owned an EDP which was breaking my heart.

Hoping for the best I sprayed it all over to see what EDP did. It is the same scent but deeper, richer & more complex. For a little while it smelt vintage in a matching hand-held mirror/hair-brush kind of way.

It is not what I set my heart on but I do so love it nonetheless.

mymlan

The pure perfume is a beautiful composition with a citrusy start, a prominent magnolia in the heart and delicious vanilla and musk completing the base.

The perfume is deeper, more open and does not have the monotone spectra that I found in the edp. But as the ads suggests, it's made for a gratifying sensual woman who wants to please any male person. And I don't find the occasion to wear it.

Having L'instant perfume on my wrist and Azzaro on the inside of my elbow, Azzaro seems to be the one my nose reaches for. Eventhough L'Instant is such a beautiful fragrance, it is just a bit too nice IMHO. But I will definately give it many tries to find out if my admiration for it developes into a true love. I really really like it, but sometimes find it a bit too smooth to my taste. The perfume bottle is also one of the most beautiful bottles I've ever had. Only that makes it worth keeping.

Manya
Manya

To me, this fragrance is the epitome of modern elegance!

Although all the classic Guerlain fragrances have an indisputable amount of class, they are just as indisputably linked to a certain epoch.

L'Instant has the moderation and subtility that its predecessors, such as L'Heure Bleue, might lack.

It has a good lasting power (24hours and counting!) and a beautiful sillage which is never too loud.

It has already been said that it shines better in cold weather, however I suspect it would do for summer nights as well. As long as your dressed for it - this fagrance is everything but casual!

upd: this is a review for the EDT

I really wanted to like this scent when it came out but I couldn't.
It's strong and nauseous. There is something that makes my throught clench up and want to throw up.
That's a shame! I so wanted to like a new Guerlain especially an ambery one and I think that the scent itself is quite beautiful. In spite of the 2 pyramids (eh?) it smells quite simple and straightforward like a little messy powdery cloud that follows the wearer clinging to her (or his) back with tenacity.
All latest perfumes from this glorious perfume house made me feel frustrated. They are more modern but quite disturbing.
The culprit for the nauseous feeling could be honey or beeswax which is actually a nice smell as a natural stuff. I can smell natural honey and 100% beeswax candles or even pollen without feeling sick.
Maybe the synthetic perfumers use to fake that smell gives me nausea and headache.
The same applies to Lancome Poeme, another straightforward floral made of so many things and ending up smelling like a single massive giant flower with dripping honey/beeswax. Nice scent but I can no way get close to a lady wearing it without getting an immediate headache.
Definetely there has to be some chemical trigger here.

deeper_shallow
deeper_shallow

There's definitely something apple-like about the opening!
I'm not quite sure what they mean by "double olfactory pyramid" - on me, it sort of turns out more inverted than double. I get plenty of vanilla, amber and honey in the opening notes, along with magnolia and the aforementioned apples.
The vanilla dies down after just a minute, leaving room for a bright, sparkly, floral concoction of honey and magnolia - a most fortunate combination, I must say!
After an hour or so, it has settled into a soft, elegant, vaguely powdery scent, with mostly magnolia and honey notes left.

Celphie
Celphie

I've had this for about a year and I loved it. It's quite warm and...comforting? It was around Christmas when I first bought it and it had a holiday feel to it. The only thing is that I can't wear it as an everyday fragrance or during summer. I know they have an eau de toilette but I still find it strong. Maybe they should make an eau fraiche.

guest_nosmia
guest_nosmia

it is a guerlain, an other quality elegant inedible and uncloying sweet vanilla fragrance..I do^n't get the floral part much, a very brief citrus+magnolia+honeysuckle opening is immediately followed by sweet creamy vanilla..not powdery actually but sweetness continues through the drydown..it remindes me of armani mania ..It is a very happy, optimistic scent but elegant at the same time..but not a unique one, similarities bw other Guerlain members also exist..Longevity is avarage

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

L'Instant was on my test list forever, and when I finally landed a sample from a friendly perfume store SA (far far away, alas!), out of sheer joy of getting it finally I forgot to ask about the concentration. As a result, I don't even know what concentration I am reviewing. The good news is, I will find out. Next time the life allows me anywhere near that store, I will be making a trip to find out... perhaps even to buy, but therein lies the rub.

How so? Well, L'Instant is a short stop between the uber-honeysuckle bomb a.k.a. Armani Code for Women and the yellow glory of honey pollen a.k.a. Lancome Poeme. L'Instant has a little bit of both, pollen and honeysuckle. Like Poeme, L'Instant smells like different stages of honey on me. It starts with a liquid raw sharp buckwheat honey, then the honeysuckle comes to play with pollen, and finally it gets to a herbal honey drydown that lasts and lasts. And lasts. I wore it last night and it's still going, even after a bath that I took last night to clear my throat and sinuses, so mind me, it's still going strong, I wouldn't have felt a faint smell. I am only 4 hours short of full 24 hours, and I put a light dab from my treasure sample vial!
Upd.: I can smell ylang now during the floral middle stage, less pollen, more ylang and magnolia. It is less honey+pollen than Poeme overall, flowers still blooming on me 4 hours after application.

I keep comparing Poeme and L'Instant, and they're very similar on me. Both feature a very true honey pollen scent which drives me out of my mind in the best sense of the word. In my opinion, that's the reason neither Poeme nor L'Instant smell like any of the flowers listed in the notes -- all these flowers are there, but they are there in the form of that glorious yellow stuff that bees collect on their legs after a day of work. I smelled honey pollen a lot when I was a little girl, given it for strength and immunity, and my memory tells me that both perfumes are true to it. Especially Poeme. In fact, last night I did a side-by-side test of them. Still just don't know which one I'll buy, Poeme or L'Instant. I still like Poeme's smell a little better, it's sunnier, it's happier, L'Instant is darker and with a vanilla note to the honey. But who can beat a lasting power like that? I'm pretty pragmatic about my buys, I am a wearer, not a collector, but these two perfumes make me wonder, does one need FBs of two perfumes that are so similar? And if not, then how on earth one can decide WHICH ONE????

P.S. To make the choice even harder, Poeme stays better on clothes.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

Oriental Floral? Floral even?

Not on my skin! L'Instant de Guerlain (EDP) is milk and honey-or rather honey and cream-pollen, honey and cream...
vanilla, yes! Powdery in very sensuous way. I can understand the criticisms that this doesn't smell like any real flowers-it doesn't! Magnolia, jasmine, iris, ylang ylang-WHAT?! WHERE?!

Perhaps nicely a bit floralescent--enough to not really smell gourmand in a traditional sense-not foody at all even if this smells creamy and honey-and-vanilla, the perfect kind of powder and sweet and truly rich vanilla extract-smelling as Hanae Mori without being so straightforward or having any patchouli.

This doesn't smell fitting of any olfactory group I can think of--perhaps Gourmand, even if it doesn't smell foodie. The first time I applied it I regretted it-it's a bit strong, and the sweetness could be too much at times-but the second and third time, I became smitten. It doesn't strike me as a hypoallergenic fragrance though, which is a pity.

It's a great nouveau Guerlain-I would love to try L’Instant Eau de Noël Iris Millésime so much-I'm inclined to think something similar to this with a true floral note-a rich and dry and delicate iris in the center and less sweetness would be incredible-but limited edition-alas-something possibly better will pass before I can even try it.

edit: I can smell floral essences buried underneath the sweet blanket, and I can say this smells Guerlain, extra-sweet and not at all mysterious, but made by the house of Guerlain nonetheless.

9154mf

I don't really like this at all, I find it too clyingly sweet, and almost headache inducing, Idont really get the creamy milkiness that some other reviewers do, which is a shame, it's like a honeyed floral at first and then drydown is a bit more powdery floral, all in all i find this unoriginal and indistinct.

water lily
water lily

Smells warm and sultry like a beautiful summer garden dreaming under the sticky sun.Simply unbelievable :-)

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

I finished a large bottle of this and to be honest I got sick of it half way! It is very powdery and sweet in a way , it is quite cloying. I was happy I finished the bottle and then my friend bought it for me , I had to fake smile and say 'thanks' but deep down I was over this fragrance. The thought of having to finish another 100 ml bottle was making me dizzy!

Mochagirl
Mochagirl

Weird... I liked the colours of the bottle more than that of L'Instant Magic, and I hoped the scent would captivate me. But it became a lot of 'shouting' flower scents suffocating me and others around me, chaotic not blending, never softening. However, I don't make friends easily with the so-called classic perfumes, so maybe that's why it makes me perplexed.

mymlan

When I first tried L’Instant in the department store I was…instantly captivated by its floral honey notes. I did not buy it as I was in a rush, instead I put it on my wishlist and later ordered a 2 ml edp sampel to have time to evaluate this fragrance.

My expectations were high: Guerlain house, lovley modern Art Decoish bottle, the beautiful blend of notes... Maybe my expectations were a bit too high as the result came out a bit disappointing to me.

It starts off quite strong with a citrus, magnolia, ylang and honey blend. Notes that I usually love. But in this fragrance there is too much going on within a relatively small area. Its like a playing a piano only using the keys in the center and forgetting about base and descant. After a while it slowly fades out in to something much more wearable on my skin when the benzoine, vanilla and musk blend becomes more obvious.

L’Instant is said to have a double olfactory pyramide. I wish they had made the olfactory spectra both broader and deeper. I find it kind of a straight road and for me that becomes a bit boring I’am afraid. I like something to happen along the way. Saying that I should let you know that I'm a heavy L'Heure Bleue edt and now Mitsouko pp user, so my high expectations stems from classic Guerlains that lingers in the back of my head.

Disregarding its lack of vivacity and depht the scent itself is beautiful and as said before the drydown is much more inviting and wearable. Beeing a modern fragrance Guerlain L’Instant is still one of the best on the market today. I would choose it if I had to stick only to modern fragrances, but I would also choose YSL Cinema which is more alive in my opinion. Still I love Guerlain house and I have not yet tested L’Instant pure perfume concentration, but maybe I will soon and give this fragrance another try.

The composition of L'INSTANT de Guerlain (edp) is a real surprise to me. This very warm, woody fragrance appears not to contain the sandalwood and cedar that my nose thought it was detecting! Perhaps this olfactory illusion is being caused by the harmonious mingling of honey, amber, and ylang-ylang, which always adds depth. I do not catch the vanilla, but perhaps only because in contrast to more typical VANILLA X fragrances, vanilla here serves to enhance, not to dominate.

The warmth of L'INSTANT makes it ideal for cold weather. The ambrosia-like honey nectar caresses the magnolia all the way through to the end, adding a bit of sweetness to the flowers, but only a touch.

Although this relatively recent Guerlain creation was clearly designed to be accessible, I find L'INSTANT profound in its own subtle way.

Nicole79
Nicole79

L'instant EDP ....love it ! I can't get enough of it ;)))
Very nice , complex, sweet...but not candy like, warm, feminine,elegant, sensual, powdery, delicate scent !!! perfect for winter, ....just lovely ... very Guerlain !!!
On my wish list !

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

I have this in the pure parfum version, and I wished I had gotten the EDP instead. The pure parfum is very delicate, but it's also so powdery that it bothers me. In fact, it makes my eyes water. In the EDP, the honey and the magnolia notes seem more pronounced, and the powderiness is more subdued. It's certainly sharper, but also more lively and interesting. All in all, they're both sweet, delicate, powdery, creamy skin scents surrounded by magnolia and honey.

lucifera
lucifera

hmm i like this more then the magique version :-) i smelled it when this was new and regret for not buying it at the time,hated it first for a while but since im having my sample the urge to purchase gets bigger,loove the powdry smell!

Berith
Berith

I like the warm, woody fragrance. It's a typical fall/winter smell. Nice to have!

Trinity

Some perfume bloom in warmer weather, some other seem to reveal their magic when the temperatures are dropping.

"L'Instant de Guerlain by Guerlain" is clearly a cold weather beauty!

Although, I am a summer person, I sometimes cannot wait for the colder month to arrive, simply because I can change fragrances and be able to wear my beloved "L'Instant".

Milk and honey…..

To me, this is how paradise must smell like! The place where milk and honey is flowing freely and abundantly and everything and everyone is in harmony with each other.

The beauty of this fragrance is heartbreaking. On my skin "L' Instant" brings to light, in the most striking and delicate way, the fusion of magnolia blossoms and the sweetness of honey. Later on, it will mingle with the ambra and vanilla to show the more sensual side of this fragrance. It is pure perfection. If you could touch this fragrance, it would have the touch and feel of pure, warm silk on bare, soft skin……

"L'Instant by Guerlain" is a very sophisticated and highly sensual fragrance. As with all classy perfumes, it must love your skin and must fit your personality to bring out the beauty, the essence and soul of the scent; otherwise this fragrance will die on you and will keep its secret hidden from you forever!

9154mf

This a very classy sophisticated floral. Its nice and shouldnt be offensive to wear at any time any place, but after i finish my sample i wont be buying a bottle of this. It just seems to scream 'elegance' so loudly that I dont see it portraying any sexiness or a fun vibe. It's not really me.

ivoni78
ivoni78

A friend of mine bought it for me for my birthday. I really love it very much and even know that will suffer when the lovely bottle will get empty one day.

Mandarin and honey - I have the feeling I am in a meadow surrounded by fragrant flowers. Small yellow bees are flying from blossom to blossom gathering sweet honey.

clairdelune
clairdelune

I've worn this one a few times now, and while I respect it (it's Guerlain for pete's sake!) I'm disappointed. I realize in retrospect, that I was seduced by its beauty - not the fragrance mind you, but the bottle. The combination of that beautiful bottle and the name on it lured me into loving this, or thinking I loved it, until I actually had it on my skin. It's just too much of a good thing.
I fear I may be struck down by the perfume Gods if I say this, but L'Instant is "cloying" in the true sense of the word. It's SO sweet for so long, it's just overwhelming. And it doesn't change much. The dry down is calmer than the opening, and for me, much more wearable as a result, but it's still SWEET in what I find to be a rather one-dimensional way.
This is a perfume of magnolia and honey - that's it, beginning to end. If magnolia and honey are your things, this is absolutely your scent.
Update: This one wears beautifully on my sister so I suspect this may be one that really interacts with skin chemistry. Try before you buy!

zvoncica
zvoncica

This one is my favorite oriental floral, and Im by nature more attracted to green florals, but ...

L`instant has seductive strength, appealing faces and demands a time to know him. Goes from floral - citrus to honey sweet vanilla phase (read Wristsniffer). But the journey is so enjoyable!

How sensual, and openly flirty a scent can be? Ask Guerlain.

dina

A real elegant, sensual frag. A little bit strong at least at the beginning with a more subtle dry down. It's very powedery, this is what makes it really lovely.

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

I go back and forth between loving L'Instant and simply admiring it, but as of late, I've been craving it and it's a yearning I fear won't lessen its grip until I have a bottle in my collection.

To start with, L'Instant is a unique take on the floral oriental, composed by Maurice Roucel, who is very talented when it comes to putting together a sweet and vibrant scent. At the opening, there is a burst of fresh citrus and honey that floats on a cloud of the lightest, vanilla-flavored powder. The powder in L'Instant is like that of a boxed, white cake batter, not the kind you would find on a baby's dressing table. The freshness of magnolia leaf is something I find myself surprised to enjoy; I'm not usually a fan of the flower - I tend to prefer spicy flowers (lilies and carnations) to the muskier ones (which include tuberose, gardenia, and magnolia). Several reviewers have noted an apple accord and I agree that there's something in the top-notes of L'Instant that smells of crisp apples, but to my nose, it's so carefully woven into the sweet, cool, powdery freshness that it doesn't jump out and make its presence known at any point in the scent's duration.

Nothing about L'Instant feels out of place; it is a simple perfume that is at once three-dimensional. The sweetness of vanilla, the lightest amber, and a drop of honey are tempered by an even citrus tempo and a wet and juicy mandarin solo up top. The powder in L'Instant acts as a medium that allows all of these accords to mingle in perfect harmony, keeping things cool and wet, yet sweet and light.

When I wear L'Instant, I think of a powerful, yet independent woman in Victorian England, dressed in her finest Sunday best, donning white gloves and a good amount of face powder. She is on her way to church, or to a high tea, or to perform an errand, and she is wrapped in an aura of confidence and beauty - she is wearing L'Instant.

Zaleska
Zaleska

Complex. That's the word.

EDP: Yeah. As Leonora84 said, I can smell the same "old, musty, un-hygienic flavor", something unpleasant, something like a poor quality olive oil mixed with sweat (!!!) and honey and flowers!
I don't know. The only thing I like here is honey. Only honey. Without the "dirt".
Sorry, people.

EDT: It's better, lighter (of course...) and for my surprise I like it. It's clean! But...after a few minutes, it simply FADES on my skin...

Think I'm going crazy.

guest_LuLu
guest_LuLu

Too strong and sweet for me.At the opening there was a very unpleasant note that I cannot exactly figure out what it was.It made me want to wash it off at once.

Budaqueen
Budaqueen

This one left me disappointed... too much flowers, nothing really distinctive or different... However, it was still nice, I liked the warmth.
I have found that the more recent Guerlain creations (like l'Instant or Champs-Elysees) have lost that "Guerlain' grandeur and class.

SandraS
SandraS

Everytime I smell L'instant I'm transported back in time to a sunny day in a magical garden I visited when I was a child.

Honeysuckle was in full bloom and was surronded by bees. I laid down in the grass, close my eyes and just let the smell fill my lungs and senses.

Its such a confort scent to me, perfect for rainy days, hot cup of tea with a drop of honey.

Has wonderfull sillage and staying power

nesca1502
nesca1502

One of my favourite perfumes, I get to know it in 2003 when it was launched, but I couldn't afford it back then, and then I got the 1.7 oz as a gift in 2005 and have bought two other bottles (2.7 oz) since then.
It is a romantic, elegant and classy smell, it is truly a Guerlain, because is unforgettable, and a great perfume to be reminded of perfect and happy instants...
It is such a perfect perfume for me since I love floral fragrances, and I have found that is a perfect day wear but can also be worn at night.
Great perfume! I love you Guerlain!

allexa27
allexa27

It is definatelly sensual,feminnine and classy. It is very flowery and strong.At the beggining I was dissapointed but when it fade away i fall in love with the dry down.Very romantic and sooooo long lasting.I dont feel sexy wearing it though...more elegant and sophisticated

missveronica9
missveronica9

I found the first few seconds (of the EDP) really quite unpleasant - a harsh solvent smell. Luckily this disappeared quickly to reveal a melody of much nicer notes. I detected the honey and the vanilla peeking in and out of various unidentifiable floral notes. I also thought I detected hints of lavender and caramel... but they're not listed notes, so perhaps just my imagination?

To my mind it's a substantial, complex and 'expensive' smelling fragrance. Mature, elegant and confidently sexy.

And finally, the chunky clear glass flacon, with accents of purple when viewed from an angle, is just gorgeous!

Zocha
Zocha

I thought I'm not a fan of Guerlain's products, apart from Champs Elyssees everything was too strong, too old, too...
And then I saw reviews of Guerlain's fragrances here and started to think that I do something wrong since there is so many Guerlain's "lovers". I've learned that those fragrances need time to develop more than others I know.
Thank you guys, your comments opened new experiences for me!
And about L'Instant de Guerlain I have a very nice experience but after a while. The opening does not make me say wow, but when the base notes start to speak it's a different story...
Very delicate and warm, a bit powdery, with a touch of fresh honey and vanilla, rather long lasting, which is surprising for such a gentle scent. Very intriguing, complex and truly feminine - like a woman is :)
oh and all this is about EDT

guest_natalie
guest_natalie

This is one of the most beautiful fragrances out for women. My sister had it a while ago, absolutely LOVED IT! When she finished it i kept the empty bottle so i wouldnt forget what it was called so i could buy it. Its such a sexy fragrance. Its like that " woah what are they wearing " sort of smell, you know when someone walks past. yum yum yum

sky76sky
sky76sky

I tested this scent & was almost knocked out by its power....but not in a 'must wash it off NOW' way.

It really grew on me. A whoosh of florals, heavy on the ambre-vanilla-musk & powdery, too. Dries down to reveal a more elegant mix, but one that others are very aware of (the pungent, room-engulfing white lily mellybee describes is a great description...love/hate, but strong emotions either way, it takes no prisoners).

It seems to me to be quite old fashioned & of another time. I can imagine very rich, well-dressed, older women wearing this. However, I still am inexplicably drawn to this scent but I would probably only venture to wear it in the evening.

Very intriguing.

mellybee
mellybee

I wish I would like it but I just don't. There is a very strong flowery note in the middle which I can't stand, like a white lily what you brought into your room and you had to open the window because of the strong smell. This strange honeyed flower scent just makes me feel sick. Sorry from the fans.

adves87
adves87

I have been a fan of this perfume for a long time now, and i used to love it on everybody else. But now that i got a bottle myself ( a big one unfortunately), i happen to not like it anymore. I liked it the first day because i could smell the scent for sooooo long. But after some times i found it a little "heavy" for my taste.. even if i love it... i dont think i can be able to use it...

essija
essija

What a nice creamy floral scent that you cannot go wrong with. I must get a huge bottle of this. Wow, this is so soft and delicious... Unremarkable, I have never smelled anything like it..

classic
classic

A friend who recently bought this sent me some on a card. It smells, to me, very soapy. (Virginal? Fresh? may be the message like Jontue which she used to like too but overwhelmingly soapy.)Don't like it at all.

Wildeparker
Wildeparker

I honestly don't think you can go wrong with this perfume. It's probably very good as a gift, since it suits both young and mature wearers - that's very unusual. I can't even pigeonhole it to a particular feeling as it's just so damn likable!

leonora84
leonora84

I have it since a week. I gained an "instant" compliment from a woman in the dance class, and the infamous dance-teacher of us was quite lovely to me too, even if his young sweetheart was in the class too:). This perfume brings people instantly to a better mood, if they smell it. It has that warm, enveloping, natural quality. For first spritz it smells a little bit old-ladyish, that is because the honey as scent has got that old, musty, un-hygienic flavor, but it smoothes out to a nice only slightly honeyed fruity vannila cream. The creaminess is an important aspect. Yes, it falls in the same category like Addict, Allure, Trouble, Absolu, but the dry, sensual bourbon vanilla is here not so dry, and the creaminess is dominant with the slight honey note. If it were not so "common", it could be a "me"-scent. Lasting power changes, if you are well-clothed and go out, you will feel that a little goes a long way, but if u are home alone with your warm sweaters and big warm socks and honeyed teas, u feel the urge to spray more and more on. it's only me? Who sprays at home much more of such a lasting and dominant and nice scent??? oh, I'm a real addict.

maschin
maschin

at the beginning i can smell the flowers with the sweet vanilla but in the end it becomes very warm and powdery leaving a beautiful aroma.it is long lasting and i prefer it for special occasions rather than for daily use..

Miss_Nightingale
Miss_Nightingale

The honey is prevalent from the first spray to the final dying notes of the perfume, though in differing layers of intensity. It makes for an interesting journey, and one of the most universally pleasing, well-rounded perfumes I have tried for some time.

We open with all the main stars taking a bow on stage together: the honey, magnolia, amber and powdery notes are extremely well balanced with none pushing to the fore quite yet. As the perfume develops, it's as though each of the notes makes its presence distinctly known, then waves goodbye whilst making way for the next to appear. The magnolia is an excellent edition here, it prevents the mix becoming sickly and introduces a welcome note of freshness.

Overall, this reminded me of a long-lasting, far more sophisticated version of Kenzo Flower. Not as quite as powdery, perhaps, but the impression still remains.

This is a very harmonious, comforting perfume to wear. It's not fabulously exciting & it's not going to change the world, but it's an interesting twist of a perfume that should do much to please both floral and amber lovers, whilst disgusting nobody at all. Does this mean the perfume is unexciting? Mostly, but there are some pleasant notes to savour along the way, and I found the journey subtly intriguing, if not the sensual white-knuckle ride I usually prefer.

brickbird
brickbird

It is a masterpiece. Wonderful. It is my favorite. It was love with the first smell. It is beautiful, inspiring, intriguing. It makes me feel so desired and beautiful. It is so sensual and sexual. I always have it in my wardrobe.

eskarina62
eskarina62

Rich and lovely and intriguing!
An everwear for all seasons and occasions!
Guerlain is my favourite perfumer and though I rank L'Instant 5th, I still think it's an amazing fragrance

coco76
coco76

for me...meh
not terrible, but not overly great just average. i wish there was more vanilla in it, or that i could at least smell the apple! this was VERY floral for me, i would have appreciated more emphasis on the vanilla or benzoin. pretty, and pretty inocuous....not for me.

klonk
klonk

Just absolutely LOVE it...! Elegant, comforting, warm, complex, sensual, feminine and tender scent. Do not find this sexy, I would rather say it is classy. And yes, as angelinangel says: emotive!

liat
liat

In our awfully hot climate, that's not my first choice. I like it because of its elegance, but around here it's a dating and sex perfume, not an everyday one.

benzippo
benzippo

I was somehow not impressed when I first smell this perfume. Maybe because I was expected something very heavy such as Samsara.

Suprisingly, it grows on me and I am now a fan.

The EDP version is richer, sweeter, more full bodied and warmer that the EDT version.

wildflower
wildflower

Dear MF: Eau de Toilette has a limited version of the fragrance with iris in the centre – L’Instant Eau de Noël Iris Millésime, while the regular one has an apple-sweets nuance.

jeca

I like it too, and i prefer the original version better than Magic, which is more wearable, woody and calm, I think it was a compromise with younger generation ;-)

So, about L'Instant de Guerlain. I like its very complex and merry composition, bright and modern, with a nice reminiscence of Shalimar (I smell it in most guerlains ;o) in the end.

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

One of my favorites. It smells great on fabric. It's very long lasting with great sillage. The body creme is great as well. I absolutely love L'Instant!

jeca

So delicate powdery and sweet apple with vanilla ;o)

2007

L'Instant de Guerlain by Guerlain 3.95 out of 5 based on 2007 ratings and 281 user reviews

L'Instant de Guerlain TESTER for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz
Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain 2.7 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Parfum 0.25oz
Guerlain L'Instant De Guerlain Parfum 7.5ml 0.25oz
Guerlain L'Instant De Guerlain Parfum 7.5ml 0.25oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Instant de Guerlain by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Instant de Guerlain by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.