Designers » F-H » Oriental Floral « Groups

L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Noel Iris Millesime Guerlain for women

L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Noel Iris Millesime Guerlain for women
dislike

honey

L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Noel Iris Millesime by Guerlain is a Oriental Floral fragrance for women. L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Noel Iris Millesime was launched in 2005. The fragrance features honey, magnolia, iris, amber, musk, jasmine, lemon and ylang-ylang.

Honey Magnolia iris Amber Musk Jasmine Lemon Ylang-Ylang

L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Noel Iris Millesime Fragrance Reviews

Vanessa Dunlap
Vanessa Dunlap

Talk about good timing...I just stumbled across this on eBay and grabbed it, based on these reviews. This was quite a daring move for me, as I have heard of L'Instant but have never tried any of its versions and the potion in this bottle has an amber color, as opposed to the clear juice in the bottle shown in the picture above. I was nervous about my purchase and had no idea what to expect. Would it be rancid? A big powder bomb? I am wearing it now and I have to tell you that this is magnificent!!! I didn't have a magnolia fragrance until now. This limited edition beauty needs to be brought back, surely there shouldn't be any trouble to do that? What I smell foremost is a big, proud magnolia (like the beautiful magnolia trees in people's front yards in the more affluent Nashville neighborhoods) that is not sharp but sings with a buttery soft voice. It is tempered with a very smooth, mild honey and now and then it shape-shifts a bit, where the lemon will present itself, then the iris. Occasionally my nose fools me and I detect something that makes me think "white chocolate"...NOT vanilla, but white chocolate! Just a wee bit! I almost want to eat this! It neither whispers nor screams, but it floats like wings. What an amazing creation this is! I wasn't intentionally looking for this and it just happened to be available. I am so glad that I didn't let it get away or I would have lost out on a masterpiece. I agree with everyone's advice: if you see this one, grab it and try to stock up on it. Thank you for your splendid reviews! (happy dance)

Ditta70
Ditta70

First of all I must say: I am not familiar with the original L'Instant, so I review this rare beauty only on the basis of its own merits. I found it yesterday in a charity shop for 15 GBP...about 24 USD. I could hardly stop myself from jumping up and down right there, and I dared not to breathe, cause I was terrified they might realise what a mistake they made with the ridiculous price! But there it was, 15 pounds, and in a few minutes I was the rightful and proud owner of a rare, vintage scent, that might only turn up once in a blue moon on eBay!
My bottle was produced in 2005, and thanks to the careful owner's correct storage, it is still in impeccable condition today. It says on the box, that this is a winter fragrance, and although I don't find anything particularly Christmasy about it, it is like a wonderful warm blanket that envelops one soothingly in the cold season. It is soft, somewhat powdery, sweet, but not in the cloying gourmand way, as the iris lends that characteristic elegant "dryness" to the harmony. L'Instant Iris Millessime is sophisticated but friendly and loving, elegant yet not posh...just perfect!
The honey in it is safe (unlike in for instance Serge Lutens's Miel de Bois or Dior's Mitzah), and very pleasant, couples perfectly with the lovely, soft ambre. The floral notes are soft and understated, just the way I like them!
This fume is one of those wonders that have a great sillage without being too much, headache inducing, cloying or overwhelming. It is definitely not up in your face, but it is there and reminds you softly of its gentle presence. Longevity is excellent, I applied it this morning, and at 6 p.m it is still around me.
All in all, I can't believe my luck to have stumbled on this exceptional juice and will cherish it till the last drop!
10/10 Grab it if it comes your way!

Wichapi
Wichapi

This perfume is among my top five. I cannot compare it to Guerlain L'Instant or any similar flankers, as I've never tried them. I found Noel Iris and stayed right there, where I belonged. And doesn't this just figure... it was released as a holiday limited edition in 2005. There may have been a modicum of psychological suggestion due to this, but after I discovered it (a decant in a swap), I went on the hunt and over the years have accumulated three bottles of this rare elixir. And while not terribly "Christmas-y" as it's name implies, it is what I consider to be the PERFECT iris. And believe me, I tried nearly all of them. It's odd that vanilla is not mentioned in the notes, as L'Instant's bases begin there, and though not prominent in this mix, vanilla is most certainly there. It is also an astounding (and surprising) blend of iris and honey, the latter tempered by amber thereby eliminating honey's razor edge tendencies. Everything whispers from the support florals, and musk pulls it all together with a comforting yet sultry smoothness. Noel Iris is a perfume that can go to the office, an elegant dinner, and then to bed... this from my own wearing patterns. I adore it.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

This is very much like the original L'Instant with less amber and a light airy floral note. This smells like they added some orris root or iris. Because there is a very slight powdery quality to this. L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Noel doesn't have as much sillage as it's namesake. Overall, very pleasant and enjoyable. Would be a nice scent for the office or just as a feel good scent. Very longlasting too. Tho, I still prefer it's namesake L'Instant de Guerlain; not decided if this is bottleworthy or not. Not nearly as long lasting or as good as the original L'Instant on my skin.

ezdravkova
ezdravkova

minus the sweetness, a lovely composition.. as it is - cloying.

guest_ctssam
guest_ctssam

just bought it today, smell soothing and refreshing

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

One of my favourite scents. Very similar to the original L'Instant and yet a bit different, more straightforward and easy to remember.

Eros
Eros

Smells like medication (but "expensive" one), in a hospital. I dont get it. May be I am too young to understand this. Lets wait a couple years.....

L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Noel Iris Millesime by Guerlain 4.18 out of 5 based on 53 ratings and 8 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Noel Iris Millesime fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Noel Iris Millesime, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Noel Iris Millesime by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Noel Iris Millesime by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.