Designers » F-H » Floral « Groups

L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Toilette Guerlain for women

L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Toilette Guerlain for women
dislike

L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Toilette Guerlain for women Pictures L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Toilette Guerlain for women Pictures L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Toilette Guerlain for women Pictures

Eau de Toilette version of the original perfume L'Instant de Guerlain (2003) is launched in 2005. L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Toilette is also created by Maurice Roucel.

Ttop notes: green apple, bergamot, grapefruit and black currant. Heart: magnolia, jasmine, neroli, lily of the valley and gardenia. Base: amber.

Available as 50 and 100 ml EDT.

Bergamot Grapefruit Black Currant Granny Smith apple

Jasmine Neroli Gardenia Lily-of-the-Valley Magnolia

Amber

L'Instant de Guerlain
Splendor

L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Toilette Fragrance Reviews

Mnekb
Mnekb

Naked and sweet-sweaty woman body after shower... That's what i smell! That's what i call sexy! She is not harsh, she doesn't bother you with her smell. She just touch your nose and brain gently with her silky hands.

This is not a perfume this is the dream or i am high? Go ask Alice, i think she'll know.

Lana148
Lana148

This is a perfect example of a "pink", sweet-vanilla fragrance done right!

All the younger people take notice: if you are into Flowerbomb or Viva la Juicy please try this fabulous fragrance. It will satisfy all of your sugary-vanilla cravings with a class.

This fragrance is very smooth and very well blended, develops like a dream on your skin and stays like that for hours, without smelling cheep.

Not to worry about white floral, I can't stand white flowers smell in perfumes, but this one is made with very soft, sensual floral, no issues.

Sassy & fun!

Bruxadomar
Bruxadomar

Now this is a classy smell absolutely loved it!

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

A sweet love for me. One of my absolute favorites, and I'm already on my second bottle. I love trying and finding new fragrances, but there are certain ones that you feel are must-haves in your collection at all times. That's Guerlain L'Instant EDT for me.

The flower arrangement is just so perfect here; not too strong, but definitely noticeable. They're soft and delicate. There's also a nice bite of sweetness, and the mixture of sweet notes and amber gives it a yummy honey feel, though not sticky or sickly. It's dewy. It's also not a gourmand.

I personally think this works best in cooler months and is very nice for an office setting if you want to get noticed. To me, this is a signature fragrance and it might become mine.

Longevity is fantastic and sillage is nice for an EDT, it sits close but it's far from a skin scent. If sprayed just right, I find it leaves a pretty trail.
I can't compare this to the EDP since I haven't tried it yet - that's next on my list.

Swetess
Swetess

Classy, soft, feminine and simply gorgeous - L'instant de Guerlain is beauty in a bottle. It is in no way overpowering but still makes a luxurious statement. This sophisticated scent is one of my all time favourites and when I wear it I feel confident and beautiful. At initial spray the top notes are fresh and fruity but almost immediatly as it touches the skin it turns into this wonderful mixture of soft white florals and sweet honey/vanilla.

Although it is quite sweet it is in no way gooey. To me it has just the right balance of freshness, sweetness, and florals. The longevity of this EdT is also really good, and for me, having a skin that seems to "eat up scents" as soon as I put them on, that means a lot.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

As with the EDP, I get a lot of magnolia in this scent with a slightly woody base. As has been said by many, this is sweeter and more honeyed than the EDP, but it also contains a LOT of green apple, which made the scent feel sharper and more shrill to me. Between the two, I would choose the EDP. You get that lovely warm nutty-vanilla benzoin drydown, which is entirely absent in this version of the scent.

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

Such a feminine and light scent!! I love it! It is the perfect perfume for spring <3

Larabella
Larabella

Opens with a lovely citrus floral however, the dry down (which happens quite quickly) leaves much to be desired.. on me it smells of chemical vanilla.

lcommisso
lcommisso

If you like florals and the Guerlain brand, this is a must buy. I am not a fan of florals but love the Guerlain brand, so this was a blind cheapish eBay purchase. I like it, sorta, but it is not my go to perfume by any stretch of the imagination. I am curious how I will feel about it in spring (stupid cold Cleveland weather)...my hope is that it will blossom beautifully with the warmer weather. It is very feminine and classic, without being sweet.

Fragrantlife
Fragrantlife

Ah, l'Instant de Guerlain Eau de toilette. I have had it for years. One of the very few perfumes I bought again, and again, and again. Yes, I am on my third bottle.

Lately, it's been somewhat ignored, with my purchasing a lot of new olfactory treasures, but we are having a really cold spell in Canada. Cold as in: any sensible person with money should permanently move NOW to a warmer, more human-friendly country. Well, in my case, the will is there, but not the bank account (;-) So I resort to olfactory escapes.

Which brings me to L'Instant. It is an interesting love, since I usually don't like sweet perfumes. But his one has made it again, and again, on my top list of comfort scents. I absolutely do not get the official top notes (bergamot and various fruits). For me it is all about amber, vanilla and honey, and some jasmine and neroli to give it a floral heart.

Very sweet. Completely comforting. Utterly beautiful in the fall and winter.

(As a final note: I have tried the Eau de Parfum but it doesn't have the same magic. Both edt and edp are equally strong, but in different ways. I find edp too cloying, with too much honey and amber.)

senosso
senosso

I bought it today (my cargo package arrived) and it is so nice I can say! I just sprayed 2-3 times to try it on but could smell myself throughout the day. (mine is EDT) Indeed I can't believe an EDT can be so strong.

Although I don't like fragrances that just many people wear and common, and although this is not totally foreign to me (I m sure I perceived the smell many times) I can say it is unique.

If you consider a light yet lingering perfume this can be the one.

Pari88
Pari88

One of the most gorgeous, luminous and cosy perfumes I have ever had the pleasure of smelling. There are so many lovely facets to this perfume, and they meld together to create perfection. The woman I want to become is the kind depicted through L instant. She is loving, intelligent, humble, strong, joyful, maternal, ladylike, a bohemian spirit with love for all natural things, extremely loveable, a true Royal. I adore this and in time I know it will become my new signature. It has no weather or season, it will fit right in to whatever situation you throw it into. Sparkling for the bitter winter, and Refreshing for the heat, just right in Autumn and Spring.

Creamy honey dipped florals mixed with a tinge of powder and fruity green and minty notes to create a bright yet sweet and warm scent. A refreshing sweet drink sitting in the garden on a Spring day.

Very unique, I have never smelled anything like it. I will compare it to my current signature Artemisia, as they have a similar "feel". Another aura scent as it is not heavy but creates a welcoming atmosphere around you. The Givenchy Organza for my generation. A gorgeous, well balanced and mannered woman. I adore you L instant!

Update: I love the edp as well now! Edt is perfect for warm months, late spring, summer and early fall. Edp is much heavier and warmer, perfect for the cold months.

christianne1
christianne1

Beautiful and classically feminine....a very wearable white floral for me. Most of the time white florals pierce me right between the eyes but L'Instant doesn't. It has a smooth honey like warmth and fruity sweetness that keeps it soft and inviting and keeps the white flowers from being too shrill. L'Instant is a very well balanced composition. Linear and maybe even a bit "perfumey" but it really is such a pretty fragrance. The dry down is just beautiful.

A somewhat "proper" and ladylike scent without being too stuffy. If it is possible for a fragrance to be "kind", I would describe L'Instant as being kind. It smells like the perfume of a well mannered and kind lady to me for some reason. Gentle and serious but soft, warm and welcoming. Another winner from Maurice Roucel.

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

I find this to be a very soft, gentle, elegant and feminine perfume well suited for day to day wear.
On me the initial spray is somehow strong floral yet also soft at the same time, this is smooth, rounded, if it were an object it would be a white marshmallow (it doesn't really smell like a marshmallow, although maybe a hint later in the day, it just reminds me of one in that is it soft, white, a touch powdery...I don't know, it just somehow reminds me of one!)
It smells quite grown up and sophisticated, I can't imagine teenagers or early 20-somethings wearing this, and I cannot imagine it appealing to the permatanned, bleached hair extensions type who, (and this is a gross sweeping generalisation) seem to favour much sweeter fruitier scents- to me it smells more like something you would expect to smell on a 30-something woman in a crisp white shirt and jeans with her hair in a casual bun, or a woman wearing a floaty dress or something. Even though I love this and am not a 30-something and I don't own a crisp white shirt or a floaty dress or hair that would go into a bun!
I find this a beautiful comforting scent, something I can wear on a down day and be enveloped in its aura, or wear to a meeting or lunch with friends. I wouldn't turn to this for a night out as I prefer something heavier and spicier for those occasions but this is a scent that would fit most occasions in my opinion. I don't think it is likely to offend in any way, it smells clean and classy and very feminine.
The opening for me, I get a strong muguet with amber initially with other white florals taking a backseat for the initial 20-30 minutes. The combination of muguet and amber can smell almost animalic, even slightly "dirty" initially on my skin and I must admit the opening of this fragrance is not my favourite part. And then suddenly after the first half hour or so the muguet takes more of a backseat, the amber softens and becomes more rounded and the magnolia and white florals take the fore.
There is something in this that reminds me of high end expensive body creams and I find it pairs wonderfully with L'Occitane's Shea ultra rich body cream to give a super cosy winter scent.
I find this soft and floral, not sweet, never cloying. I haven't worn this in summer yet so I am not sure if it would change - I imagine that perhaps the muguet and amber would be more dominant in more humid weather creating a more sultry effect, I shall have to wait a while to find out!
I find longevity is good with this, it lasts a good 12 hours and the dry down is very soft and comforting. Projection is reasonable too - I don't think it projects overly much and it isn't intrusive, but as I sit typing this I can feel and smell it around me, through my thick winter woolies - as I said before it is like an aura.
I am interested to try the EDP version as apparently it is a slightly different composition.
I do love this beautiful fragrance, another newly discovered guerlain that I think will have a place in my fragrance wardrobe for a long time to come. Soft, feminine, comforting, elegant...beautiful.

Nimboo
Nimboo

Just bought this today in Selfridges...ahhh, a delicious and soft feminine beauty that I'm sure will become a favourite.
I love Guerlain.

lisa o
lisa o

not that I'm particularly fond of this kind of florals, but the fact that the description of the EDP and EDT could fit (on my skin at least, whatever that means) exactly the other way round, puzzled me.
the EDT on me is honeyed and very powdery and the EDP is more red apple kind of flowery-fruity (very late in the drydown slight honey/sweet notes). and the EDT seems much stronger and lasts longer??my senses must be confused or something...

santaborboleta
santaborboleta

If you'd like to swap your edt for edp I'm up for it. i LOVE THE EDT, the edp while its great it lacks the honey notes that though not listed on the edt are the ones that develop on me...strange i know but its the truth. The edp lists the honey notes but they don't come out on my skin, I have a 2.7oz edp and would like to exchange for edt.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Another sample I got from a lovely fragrantica friend!
This sample-swapping is such a great way to "meet" new fragrances and test them properly
I really don't have the slightest idea how to describe this scent!
It is a very unusual scent to me... this is not your typical floral scent.
To me it appears rather powdery, soft & sweet. It is impossible for me to tell the notes apart. You could tell me any random note to be in this and I would probably say: "okay, if you say it is in there... it is probably in there..." LOL
I honestly have no idea what I am smelling and it is not something that I am craving for to have in my collection.
I think it's just too powdery for me... It's not that I detest powdery scents, it depends on which notes create the powdery effect. And in this one I don't like it too much.

evesoho
evesoho

Under L'Instant EDP in the db, I wrote a review mostly of the EDT... Guerlain's ode to magnolia! In Canada, magnolia doesn't bloom in winter, so I wouldn't wear this fragrance then as it reminds me of summer. I've tried the EDP, though, and I can see myself wearing it in fall/winter. Like peachykeen, I detect vanilla sniffing from the bottle and on my skin at first. It isn't listed in the notes... an olfactory illusion? From the bottle, I guessed these notes:

citrus/bergamot and apple/pear and(?) blackberry
rose(?) or another similar flower
jasmine
a white flower

Once on my skin, the "similar flower" was dominating and I realized it was magnolia from my experience with the real blooms. The apple note had hit the hardest out of the bottle but slipped into the background quickly and quietly. The drydown was jasmine mingling with the magnolia and a shimmering aura of gardenia/lily of the valley around the edge. I wasn't sure I smelled vanilla as distinctly anymore, but the currant/apple ever so subtley reminded me of pie. :)

L'Instant EDT reminds me a bit of Stella by Stella McCartney because it's a modern composition of ambery floral with a citrus accent, except that it's also wilder, stranger (the magnolia is an underrepresented flower in classic perfumery) and closer to oriental, because of the magnolia/jasmine accord (Stella has rose). In comparison, the perfumes both have depth, but L'Instant is more complex, joyful, and fine.

Magnolia doesn't usually star in perfumes, which might be why some reviewers haven't noticed it right off the bat. Unless you've been around the real blooms, the scent might be hard to identify or distinguish.

Did I mention I love this?

anacarol202
anacarol202

Perfume too good for the winter. Sweet, with presence and elegant! Fixed and exhales heavily!

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

I can't compare this to the edp, never had that. This works magic on my skin. Blends so well with my chemistry. It works on warmer days and colder days here in the northeast. My daughter said it smells like "mom". I love many of the Guerlains, and there are a few I loathe on me. This one is a winner. It doesn't remind me of any other frag out there.

I do find I reapply it during the day, but lasts a good 5-6 hours on me, at least to my nose. Others perhaps can smell it on me though. I like the smell that much, that I will give another few sprays towards evening. Thumbs up in my assumption.

peachykeen1214
peachykeen1214

I first bought this scent in Rome, Italy. However, it was stolen in my college apartment. Five years later I am absolutely delighted to have found it again! It is rare and very hard to find. It's fancy, yet light and airy. Fruity, flowery, powdery without being sickeningly sweet. One of the few perfumes that doesn't give me a headache. Personally, I smell Jasmine, Amber, Magnolia, Gardenia, and I'd say even some Vanilla, Honey and Musk as a base. The Apple and Grapefuit keep it crisp and light. This is the epitome of what a perfume should be for me. Unfortunately, I have one of those skin types where perfumes smell entirely different on me than on a tester paper. So that this one sweeteened on me (rather than soured or became too flowery sweet) was perfect. The price allows me to wear it on special occasions mostly. I wear it a lot in the winter, though it could definitely be worn in the office, every day, and throughout Spring and Summer. It wears long but doesn't overwhelm those around you. It is so ladylike, but not old-fashioned or outdated. No hints of overly flowery rose or freesia hints, which I dislike and think is for an older generation. And not spicy or woodsy either, which is what tends to cause my headaches. Elegant. Sophisticated. Perfect for a cool Spring date night at a five-star restaurant or on a picnic. Love the versatility and, more than anything, the rarity and speciality of this fragrance. The celebrity-created scents found at any shopping mall can not compare. By far my favorite of all time.

scenturian
scenturian

There is Edp version as well which is not in db yet.

Jonayla
Jonayla

My signature scent. I wear it often in winter/autumn/spring, summer I put it on only special events. I have use it for years. This is so unique. Warm, deep, womanly and mystic. This is only scent what unknown people ask me what fragrance I wear. This happens almost every time I wear it. Put it moderately, otherwise it can be too dominant.

it smells very powdery to me and amber accord is touchable.white flowers are there,but not dominant.I also thought I smelt something like orange flower that doesn't exist in the notes.
the good point is that I can't smell any green apple,as it can make a perfume really sharp.
it's not a strong perfume,but I don't see this as a disappointing point.it's light and airy.good choice for people who find EDP too classic for their taste.

smellhunt
smellhunt

This is the only fragrance by Guerlain, that I got more than once.
I like it a lot more than the perfume, because for me this is less powdery but remains soft, feminine, unique!
White flowers that for once are not overpowering but well balanced with citrus and amber that warms it, in a composition that doesn't change much, even after the pass of many hours.
I would recommend to try it before you buy it, but do try it!!!

Annica
Annica

It is rare that I give a Guerlain perfume thumbs down but unfortunately it was so so in this case. In the end, it is obviously about the skin type and other factors, but I was so disappointed that the scent did not develop on my skin. Lily of the valley, Lily of the Valley and..... Lily of the Valley! After two hours, a little amber. Splendor by Arden is a better and above all, cheaper, option in my opinion. Incredibly disappointed with this harsh edt of L'Instant, can´t stand it. No, that was too lame, I dislike it with passion. E-bay next.
I love the EdP that is something else - entirely.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

I just tried this on today and I loved it very much. Such a nice soft ambery floral with a hint of sharpness so I get none of that strong indolic white flower note that does not agree with my nose.

I keep on getting whiffs of it and realised that it reminds me of Cartier Baider vole very VERY much. But how all these notes end up smelling like a complex lily just evades me. I always suspected that Cartier is hiding the real composition of Baiser vole anyway. I cannot believe it is just Lily.

laetitiavp
laetitiavp

I am very surprised that there are only two reviews for such a beautiful scent. It is feminity and seduction in a bottle. Much subtle than the original EDP. A beautiful magnolia wrapped in amber. I find it more wearable than the original EDP because I prefer amber to honey which I sometimes find a bit cloying on my skin. Not that I dislike the smell of honey... Though EDT is lighter it is long-lasting with moderate sillage. The kind a fragrance which makes a man feel attracted closer to find out what s that delicious scent you re wearing.

dmaw
dmaw

The best, lightest, and most modern of the Guerlain fragrances that I've tried so far.

L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Toilette by Guerlain 4.19 out of 5 based on 301 ratings and 30 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Toilette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Toilette by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Toilette by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.