Designers » F-H » Woody Spicy « Groups

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Guerlain for men
dislike

I have it: 1221 I had it: 374 I want it: 881 My signature: 42

cacao
L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Guerlain for men Pictures L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Guerlain for men Pictures L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Guerlain for men Pictures

New L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme is a respectable pair for the woman's L'Instant de Guerlain. It was created in 2004 and features an ideal balance of passion and peace, recognition of feelings and power of reason – that is the portrait of L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme man. The freshness of citrus is complemented by originality of anise and jasmine in the top notes. The heart is warm and masculine: patchouli, cedar, Indian sandalwood, Lapsang tea, cocoa beans and lavender. The base unites hibiscus seeds and musk.

The nose behind this fragrance is Beatrice Piquet.

Anise Jasmine Grapefruit Bergamot Lemon

Patchouli Lavender Tea Sandalwood Cedar Cacao

Natural Musk Hibiscus Seed Elemi resin

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme
Dior Homme Eau for Men

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Fragrance Reviews

ninotatamena
ninotatamena

Very nice aroma-Classy elegant unisex nostalgic-top ingredients.BUT 1 hour longevity and zero sillage.

shadowmoses
shadowmoses

A masterpiece....sophistication and pleasantness in a bottle. Compliments guaranteed!

VJG
VJG

This looks to be a complicated fragrance,and I am still trying to understand the initial part/top notes of this fragrance.

The dry down is really good.Rich Musk in abundance!! Custard creamy
And i do get compliments in the evening(After Spraying few shots in the morning)
Is it the sophistication of this perfume confusing me..or..?

bobosan336
bobosan336

Easily my favorite opening of all time. Mesmerizing. Blended into a divine combination - classy but casual, sophisticated but down to earth, serious but playful. Doesn't last on my skin - will have to try the EDP.

duzmantic
duzmantic

Smells too feminine. Like a bag full of cosmetics.

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This review is based on a decant. On my skin and to my nose, this is basically a lighter version of LIDGE. I don't get the citrus on top like I did at a duty free few years ago. Probably it's gone off. Moderate projection and longevity on my skin.

Jassar
Jassar

Close to the holy grail of fragrances. Starts off with sparkling citrus. This is a mature masculine fragrance. I would recommend for 30+ on this one. The middle is smooth and the cacao starts to come out. The base is also very smooth and the musk is present. I would describe this as a citrusy, cacao, woodsy fragrance. It definitely changes over time.

There are no sharp edges in this one and is unique. It does have similiarilty to LIDGE but does not have the strong anise. The longevity is excellent and the projection is average which I like. This is an excellent work fragrance and would be hard to dislike. LIDGE is the night out louder fragrance. This is the refined older brother to LIDGE.

This is signature worthy in every way. This has now joined my GIT in the rank of signature fragrance. When you get warm you will catch wafts of it even after you think it is gone. You will also catch yourself thinking what smells so good and you will realize it is you. Beautiful scent.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I am hooked on all things Guerlain, all the fragrances, the skincare, this though is simply a masterpiece. Guerlain you can do no wrong in my eyes!!!!

redwan
redwan

masterpiece in everything thst s it

nero77
nero77

The very first time I smelled this... I didn't like it so much, and I didn't really warm up to it. Even though I'm a huge Guerlain fan and I love them very much. But I will say that L'Instant pour Homme is definitely an interesting one. There is a lot going on and it does smell extremely nice.

Describing this one is interesting... It is supposedly inspired by the food of North Africa and the Middle East, with the honeyed, caramel chocolate and the strong anise liqueur vibe, hibiscus flower, and strong tea aroma. It is definitely interesting. As always I do love the 'Guerlainade' (Guerlain's signature) dry-down of Rose, Jasmine, Orris Root, Tonka Bean and Resins. It's still very appealing and I certainly give Guerlain the credit for it.

However, again I must say that the first time I smelt it I thought it was a little generic, and the notes didn't really sit well with me, kind of like a clash between cocoa and citrus. Strange as this may sound, I was also instantly reminded of Coca-Cola (I'm not sure if I'm the only one who has this impression). Even now I still don't love it as much as others may do.

But, I will admit that I completely respect the quality here and I love what the late Béatrice Piquet has done here (it won an international award after all!). I read that she tried to evoke an impression of 'cold light' or 'luminescence', and I totally get that from the combination of bright citrus and the creamy sandalwood/cocoa. I do both appreciate and understand the concept, and respect her for doing that. I also really think this could almost be like a modern, updated 'Habit Rouge' for the 21st Century, as I definitely think it pays homage to that creation. I must also say that I really enjoy the bottle, with it's Art Deco style. Very nice touch.

Overall, although I highly commend Guerlain for this interesting creation... I actually like the Eau de Parfum version just a little better. This one is still a solid fragrance though, and it's no disappointment either... and I still believe that everything Guerlain does is very enjoyable and certainly exquisite!

Hi in one word that's the one is amazing
the best citrus fregrance for men that's for sure

Hi in one word that's the one is amazing
the best citrus fregrance for men that's for sure

craniumbash
craniumbash

A very nice subtle scent but as my nose gets accustomed to it, this starts reminding me of Mancera's Cedrat Boise specially if sprayed on clothes but a lot milder and drier version of it (I'm guessing patchouli). But at other times it gives me some nice whiffs of that coca which is quite nicely done. Hands down a very classy clean type of scent best suited for office or casual if you're always dressed nice.
Hoping to try this in summers and see how it does then. Weirdly enough when my skin is dry it makes some fragrances smell dry but when its moisturized they seem more lively (specially fragrances with patchouli).
This is one of those fragrances.

Edit 1: This lasts so much but the mid notes made me think it's not such a lasting fragrance and then the base notes give it new life with that cacao it seems to waft off more.

shahab.zaidi
shahab.zaidi

Sensual and mysterious. Really love it. It makes me feel like walking in a mysterious garden. Very unique with a guerlandish vibe.

alextang2k
alextang2k

very very sexy and manly ..... like it so much ....

Ranger0987
Ranger0987

Just a great smell - deep, rich...exudes quality and class. I have too try the Extreme.

El Aurens
El Aurens

Warm and inviting. Also quite masculine with an intellectual maturity to it. This is a gentleman's fragrance. Smells like exceptional quality blended into perfect harmony.

The opening is as beautiful as any I've come across. The citrus notes are tempered to give an initial freshness that fades down to trace amounts. I get mostly a dry woody accord with mild sweet and fresh elements from hours 2-5+. Past the 5 hour mark I find that the sweetness steps up where it joins the wood and other notes to form a mildly sweet butterscotch-like flavor. About 8 hours longevity on me with average projection.

Not the type of fragrance that announces one's presence to the room. Rather, this intimate, comforting scent is the type to make someone not want to leave.

LanceDior

L'instant de Guerlain is dominated by the smell of anise for me. It is a headstrong, dry, oriental which is perfect for cold days in a scarf and long coat and sipping espresso in the city centre. Unfortunately I bought it in summer in Ozzy where it really gives you a headache in the heat. This is not a criticism at all though, and it probably suits all seasons in Europe. It definitely gives the impression of elegance and opulence and Parisian nonchalance.

Belvedere
Belvedere

Very classy slightly citrus and amber scent. Perfect for day/office. Not huge sillage but that's what makes it so classy and beautiful

Update: Strangely I think this lasts longer on my skin than the edp

acmilanistie
acmilanistie

I Think it's One of the most beautiful scents for men.This is very good.Opening is good and that reminds me citrus but more complex

Longevity:10/10
Scent:9/10
Uniqueness:9/10
OVERALL:9/10

aleksandar.dragas6
aleksandar.dragas6

I bought this as a summer version of LIDGE, because it is my signature scent. They are very similar, like it a lot!

dubairob
dubairob

This is a simply gorgeous fragrance and definitely one of best fragrances from a French perfume house in the last ten years.

Prior to this I had been familiar with Guerlain predominantly through their Vetiver and Habit Rouge fragrances, so when I smelt this it immediately struck me as being really quite different from its predecessors (a little bit like the way Terre d'Hermes is also quite different from its Hermes relatives). After getting familiar with the beautiful cacao, patchouli, lavender and sandalwood combination - giving something of a very Parisian smell (pain au chocolat being baked next to a parfumerie?) - I realized that there was one essential ingredient which redeems this fragrance and definitely makes it unmistakably masculine: anise. It is the slight effect of the anise that is the stroke of genius in this fragrance, giving it the refreshing tendril of a nearby barbershop in the same neighbourhood. (I have noticed the same effect with the Extreme version as well but here it is amped up through the use of star anise and some other accords to give a different result.)

All said, L'Instant is a beautiful fragrance which is suitable for day or evening wear in the Autumn or Winter. For me, it is a perfect Autumn work scent as its gourmand tendencies are fairly minimal once it settles down. The projection is in the moderate range you could hope for and the longevity is very generous. This is also probably the most Parisian fragrance I know - even the packaging is in a very art nouveau style reminiscent of the Metro - and it can be broadly appreciated. Well done, Guerlain, this brought the classicism of the house very much up to date...

Highly recommended try.

vmbodo
vmbodo

a masterpiece!

jude1321
jude1321

Anybody that knows anything about perfumes knows that Guerlain is a giant in the industry. I, however, am not a huge fan of this offering. To me, it has a weird smell that doesn't stand out as sexy or all that interesting. To me, this is a definite try and not a recommendation as a blind buy. To me, call me old school, Vetiver is still Guerlain's best. I certainly respect this fragrance, but it is not really my taste.

danielresendem
danielresendem

No words, just brilliant!!

Daniel.Friedrich42
Daniel.Friedrich42

I work in a suit and tie enviroment and L'instant has become my default-reach for colder weather or when serious business is ahead(certain meetings and other things)where Chanel Allure Homme would be too bright and sweet.

It start with a bright and fresh but mature mix of citruses and anise.
I don't really get a lot of the florals in the note listing. For me the main players after the opening are a very dry cacao(think bitter baking cacao), patchouly, sandalwood and a bit of black tea.
In the ending-phase i get some elemi and musk that sit close to the skin.

This fragrance projects a mature, sophisticated and serious vibe. Some call it sensual but i consider it more as a dark and formal scent. Very classy and great for business and black-tie occasions.
A great fragrance to wear if you're taking your significant other to the theater or a upper-class restaurant, but not a first date fragrance to impress with.

Lasts about 8 hours for me while projecting about arm's length. Good for a day's work and not screaming at everyone in the room.

This vs. LIDGE: I prefer this one over LIDGE because of wearability, the fresh top notes and less sweetness.
LIDGE focuses on the sweet gourmand aspects while the EDT is a dry,spicy Oriental.
LIDGE isn't what i'd wear casualy but too much for work and formal occasions. It's a very well made scent but a bit too much and i prefer the more understated character of the EDT

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

In a way, I find this one connected to Dior Homme Intense and A*Men. It is both more agile than the former, and lithe than the latter. It lends to the black jacket sophistication of DHI without ever being cloying, and at the same time has a clean snap of cocoa without smelling as if you're hiding a caramel-fudge sundae in your pocket.

Everything is very well executed in the classical, shimmering Guerlain style. A perfect scent for a fall or winter night on the town. I would particularly recommend this one for those who enjoy the idea of DHI or A*Men, but find them too much.

Fantastic. 4.5 / 5

warlockss
warlockss

ok WOW , i just got this in . I own both now the EDP AND EDT . first spray on this you get that citrus mandarin orange that quickly dries off and leaves you smelling like the edp version.
when you spray the edp version and it dries down after about an hour thats what this edt version smells like instantly , after that citrus evaporates the same cacao starts developing , its just the same but weaker but still better and in my opinion is more better cos you can get away with keep spraying more and more . with the edp version you cannot spray in excessive amounts because it just becomes so heavy and a intoxicating cloud develops and even the smell will change if you do that . hope this helps clear up confusion on what both are like .
its still a friggen masterpiece even the edt doesnt dissapoint .

MCvitic
MCvitic

This came to my house yesterday ! (Blind buy)

At the begining very fresh, but it gets much more sensual in the dry down !

I had it today, and people around me love it (so do I) !

Longetivity: 6-7h
1-2h strong
3-5h soft
6+ sits close to the skin

Give it a try !

LanceDior

Absolutely outstanding. I sprayed my hand with this, and a rich, syrupy oriental sparkle. It just screams quality and decadence. A modern day knize ten.

Yaro
Yaro

Just brilliant.

zararbutt
zararbutt

With due respect to all who have loved this scent....

Only opening is good and that is to say first 10 minutes. To me rest is cloying and very feminine. I bought it yesterday and gave it a go, throughout the day i was just finding a tap to wash wherever i sprayed it. Believe me this is a mere headache IMHO.

konami125
konami125

Think of Amouage Jubilation Man drydown but not as complex....nevertheless still a great scent.

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

One of the most gorgeous and delicious male colognes ever made in my opinion. It is gourmand, whilst retaining its class, elegance and sophistication. Never too heavy, although it's creamy smoothness and gentle lemony spice make it a heavenly concoction. Masculine, sexy and mature; great all-round performance, masterly blended to perfection. It is a Guerlain, after all... Masterpiece!

Critic
Critic

Just brilliant.

The EDP is heavenly, but this is more versatile. Very similar to its more coveted sibling but has a stronger citrus note that breaks down the sweetness of the cocoa-vanilla with a generous dose of sour.

Sillage is great and compliments flow. Heavy on the patchouli like the EDP so it can smell like soil at times. Manages to stay light while emitting a fantastic sillage cloud.

A winner: 10/10

SHERIF SAYED
SHERIF SAYED

L’Instant by Guerlain is so incredibly wonderful. I was immediately enveloped in a vale of coco and jasmine on the opening notes. Not feminine at all as one might expect but so confidently masculine in the blending in of anise, cedar and Indian sandalwood that take over the bulk of the middle. It is never overpowering but still commanding and insinuates a certain confidence that is very Parisian. The dry down is incredible. Lapsang Tea and Hibiscus seed and musk it is almost oriental in feeling. But all the way through and what got the most comments from those who noticed is that scrumptious rich dark chocolate that never quite leaves. Very long lasting, great silage, an all around winner that drew praise from both women and men. Guerlain is the master of luxe and elegant fragrances of such depth and complexity that really makes them stand out as a top fragrance house of impeccable distinction.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

RICH BOY

Opening has a burst of sparkling citrus which surprisingly dries down to an elegant soft wood and mellow spice with a hint of floral sweetness.

This is what rich grown up boys wear on Park Avenue.

herreroph
herreroph

Con una duración de 8/10
Sillage 7.10
Scent 10/10
Sin Ninguna Duda, es Una obra maestra, Por Eso digo Que Es Un crimen Que No Perdure o sí mas proyecte.
Aun asi vale la pena tenerlo.

bet85
bet85

This smells so good. I love the cocoa note mixed with citruses. It lasted me all day. Yes it might smell dated...to some. But you cannot deny the quality and awesome scent of masculinity.

dad hash
dad hash

So as every year i bought another 125ml... It is my work scent for winters and will stay i guess forever...

mgibboni
mgibboni

My signature Winter scent. Beautiful. Opens fairly bright, but with a certain creaminess. On my skin, quickly melds into a creamy citrus dripping with Anise, which I have discovered is one of my favorite notes. I dont get much cocoa until hours in as it gets closer to my skin. Class in a bottle. Typically worn as an everyday office scent. No compliments quite yet, but I could't care less -- I love this stuff!

On my skin, longevity is great. Applied at 9:00 this morning and as of 11:00 tonight, I can still smell the sweet creaminess on my forearm. Projects fairly well for about 4 or 5 hours until it begins to get closer to my skin. Love getting random whiffs of this stuff. Fantastic value as well. Go blind buy this stuff...if you don't care for it, you're simply not worthy of this juice!

omar88
omar88

عطر يعطي إحساس بالرقي .. مناسب جداً للمناسبات ..

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme is a very smooth and balanced blend of sparkling citrus (without being watery or aquatic), creamy sandalwood and spicy patchouli. I also get a slightly salty smell towards the end, though the cacao seems to be missing on me.

L'Instant pour Homme wears quite thin and the longevity is around 6 hours. I find it classic and hardly offensive, which doesn't implicate that it's bland, but because it's harmoniously blended and those different aspects show their best facets respectively. I'd recommend it to those who are looking for a versatile staple of their wardrobe.

thegreekone
thegreekone

Beloved scent!I oun it since it came out.Unique and classy yet heavy and strong crisp.I love how sharp it is and how long it lasts on the skin.Recently I bought the edp version but for me,this is a little better.

pixeldiary
pixeldiary

My Favourite & Signature. I Love This One.
Reasonable Price + Sensual Fragrance = Had Many Compliment from Women. Guerlain did a greatjob. ❤

xhost
xhost

@renzo77 - wow you just put a niche fragrance in the same basket with Kokorico. Maybe you bought a scam, but my "L'instant de Guerlain" lasts over 12 hours, projects just perfectly, and there are situations where it is more suited than Dior Homme. LIDG is a very well balanced scent that takes you on a journey. Kokorico on the other hand.. I think you get the idea.

havanaman
havanaman

My girlfriend loves it! She is the only one who can smell it however, because it doesn't have great sillage. Since I only wear it for her, it really doesn't matter. It is my favorite EDT!

hgonzalez
hgonzalez

I just make a blind buy of this fragance based in the positive reviews. I kinda like but my wife and my 10 years son get a smell of urine or piss. I can't get that urinal vibe, to me smell citrus in the opening and then a cacao / woody.

It's weird cause nobody comment any similar before in the reviews. Which note can possible give that strange smell?

Anyone have this problem with this fragrance (pissy note)? NOTE: I purchased it online from a reliable seller, i don't think that by bottle be a fake (maybe old stock).

Regards.

iammyping
iammyping

The praise goes on and on for this one, and I am not even a little bit suprised. Absolutely exquisite fragrance to my nose. Perfectly balanced sweetnes and citrus. Truly unbeatable longetivity, fenomenal sillage- do You want more? Loved by ladies. And gentleman :D

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

A true masterpiece! It's citrusy, yet chocolatey. It's cool, yet warm. It's light, yet heavy. What a wonderful combination of opposites. With all these odd combinations, they remain balanced throughout the life of the fragrance. I've been to Disneyworld in Paris when I was younger, and took a trip to the heart of the city and stopped by at a chocolate shop. When I walked in, I was hit with the sweet aroma of all the chocolate that was in there. It was just a light smell, though it was dark and deep at the same time. L'Instant de Guerlain brings a smile to my face and reminds me of the beauty of Paris. This is French sex in a bottle.

bizz1001
bizz1001

Every time I wear it,it reminds me of a rainy day(in a good way).. Some fragrances can be dreamy,some are strong or unusual or seductive even. Others are energetic,fun,sexy.. L'Instant is not any of these things and yet again he is all of the above..L'Instant has faults but it's charm makes you feel simply irresistable..

Dongban2012
Dongban2012

2nd wearing. A little citrus on top note, middle remind me a little bit of Gucci Pour Homme 2 (tea note), dry down become a little creamy but not annoying, and remind me a bit of Cartier Roadster Sport. Complex and not offensive/ loud but just right. Longevity is fine with me as I apply 2 to 3 on my clothes (which is on the chest) and 2 on my skin on the neck. More of mature semi formal button shirt attire on my take. Cologne is not dated at all, i'd rather call it a classic. An instant hit/like blind purchase from me and price is reasonable especially on 4.2 oz . Edp I heard can be cloying on warmer temp (if not applied properly) so I opted for the Edt so I don't worry offending someone at the office.

fhr
fhr

I like it much, not a regular male edt. Smthing what is worth to smell once and you fall into a trap. You must return to the shop to re-check why you sniffing your hand there where this magic sprayed. And yes you will be lost and desire washes over all and you are threre at the cashier with your card. And yes you want to share this with others here and realise also here that there is an 'old' brother of this. That bratha is described to be More mature or at least more chocolate like and you hunt that all over the city to find and make comparison. And yes you are totally lost all battles agains these brothers as they rule you after having them on left and right hands. And yes like a crasy lifting left and right to nose every minutes. And understands everything what Süskind wrote in his book: you almost eat those hands.... :-) Ok so to be seroius this is a very good edt very longlasting, received compliments, not usual, super sofisticated. And yes if you are lucky to do then do buy the edp as well, less open but marvellous deep and absolutely not common, does not find every time on the street, office etc.. Even this edt is unique in the areas i often showed up...

WRS67
WRS67

This is one of the most incredible fragrances I've ever worn! Wow! I literally can't stop sniffing myself! I agree with the others that this is a masterpiece.

You get a brief blast a citrus at the beginning, but then on the dry down the citrus fades to a warm, powdery cacao with a hint of spice. It's masculine and sophisticated.

Imagine sitting by a blazing fire in a remote cabin with your love sipping hot cocoa spiced with nutmeg and cinnamon.

The only negative is now I want to get the EDP!

renzo77
renzo77

I just bought it and tried it for a while I like to open strong at the start slowly calming down is a serious fragrance for men from 30 to more years hardly what coaxes me is its durability does not last goes missing after 1 hour the smell being nearly flush skin as much a men or Xeryus rogue or azzaro also bad is the high price of l'instant jp gaultier not understand how smell imitate in this have no creativity Puig own these little guy.
it is very expensive because the price is exaggerated with that price I bought two fragrances
perdurability 6/10
sillage 5/10
power 6/10

mikimikimiki
mikimikimiki

One of my favorites and my signature scent. Very rounded smell, with nice blend of citruces in the opening and cacao and woody notes in the drydown. Sophisticated, but for me it's easy to wear it anytime and anywhere. It even can work on summer night or rainy summer days. Just avoid humid and very hot sunny days with this fragrance.
L'instant saves the day when I don't know what to put on me...And I never made a mistake with that decision.

amore9111
amore9111

Guerlain is my favorite house ..but this one is little disappoint it it nice lemon,opening very sharp and excellent but then I get nothing other than cedar ...longevity about 2 hrs..projection about 1/2 hr ..no comparison with other guerlain like vetiver or habit rouge ...

Peegore
Peegore

I've wanted l'instant for a while, and finally laid out the cash several weeks ago for a bottle... And seriously, no regrets.

The opening is killer. Forget zesty lemon comments ( leave that to Goutal's eau d'hadrien ), this is a superb creamy lime backed up by a suggestion of anise. Lovely.

Sadly this is gently pushed to one side within 10 to 15 minutes, to make way for the heart of the fragrance. To my nose the patchouli is the first to emerge, followed by the cacao. The combination is warm, sensual and powdered, only mildly gourmand, and lasts for several hours until the fragrance morphs slowly again to a predominantly well done sandalwood base.

L'instant is not powerhouse a la A*men; it is a soft cashmere that stays fairly close to the skin and is as smooth, elegant and classy as they come.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

Let me start my review by saying that for a perfume launched in 2004, this is a classic masterpiece. It really shows how perfumes should be done. It's a perfect high quality scent, unrivalled by anything in the market, at least by the new releases of different houses of perfumes. All I can see or smell nowadays is other versions of paco rabanne's one million or another underwhelming, uninspiring, and unattractive scents that lacks creativity. Few other perfumes stands from the crowd and l'instant de guerlain pour homme is one of them.

Fresh, and citrussy, this is a true breeze bomb in the opening. It turns out to be a real gourmet scent when the cocoa appears. Have you ever smelled a dark chocolate/orange bar? Well smell this... Although the cocoa here is more bitter than dark chocolate. I don't find this scent to be sweet at all... This is cocoa, not chocolate! GENIUS!

vitilsky

Sweet lemon with slight wood. I don't like sweet lemon, but this is a good one if you like such a scent.

twlahue
twlahue

I like it, but think that dior homme does better what this one is trying to do.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

What more do you need to say when you love the aroma without having to wait before it settles...only Gurelian knows how !!!.
The first notes I smell is anise and jasmine with a touch citrus which helps it not to be heavy at all. Both the warm spicy notes and Lapsang tea elevates it to a unique fragrance. The aroma of sandalwood and musk gives this cologne a lot of depth. I can also smell Cocoa beans with patchouli giving this fragrance a slightly sweet/powdery scent. Just being a touch sweet is like chocolate, how can you not like it.
In my opinion, L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Guerlain is a gem of a fragrance. When I sprayed on my skin in the store, it was hard to really smell the fragrance cause of all the other perfume's also being tested. Almost arriving home, I was already hooked and by the time I returned and went back to the store, they had closed for the day. The next day first thing on my break, I went and bought it and returned to work. During the day 3 people had complemented me on the cologne I was wearing and they found it pleasing.
This fragrance is amazing, it isn't heavy yet I find it lasting for a long time.
Overall, I adore the freshness with a spicy/woodsy blend. I have worn it during the day and evening.
Guerlian knows what men and women are looking for in fragrance's.
This is a MUST HAVE fragrance, perfect for any occasion without being offensive.
Longevity is well past 7 hour's. Sillage is moderate.
I had limited myself on having only top 10 best fragrances...now L'Instant de Guerlian pour Homme Guerlian has made it's way into being one of my fav colognes know.
Absolute stunner..10/10

Kiott

Ok its not my favorite. I dont like sweet fragrances, but is elegant, and have a monster longevity.

asheble93
asheble93

L'instant de Guerlain by Guerlain:

Scent:
To start: this scent is one of the most perfectly crafted I have encountered. Each note is distinct but also feels carefully blended and refined. The fragrance itself opens with citrus and wood accords. The wood remains throughout the composition, and intensifies as it approaches the drydown. The heart is where most of the floral notes come into play,and the musk which is lighter in the opening also begins to develop. The drydown is where the light and heavy notes play off each other; with cacao giving a definite gourmand feel, but it is not overdone.

Sillage/Longevity:
Sillage is a moderate soft, projecting about a foot or so. Longevity is very high, and easily lasts 12 hours.
Keeping in mind there is an intense version, and that this may become overpowering if sprayed in excess, it is very well done.
9.0/10

Overall:
This is a great scent that develops beautifully, projects tastefully, and is able to be worn any time of the year, in any situation. It is a masterful fragrance from the house that never disappoints; and will surely be solidified as a modern classic.

vitilsky

Classic woody fragrance with a bit of cocoa, recommended (if you like woody scents)

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Finally - a gourmand scent I like!

It's a soft scent... it starts with citrus and progresses to a very subtle cacao (chocolate) note. But it's not in your face like some modern gourmand fragrances that make me feel like I'm a grocery store product.

Problem is, however, it barely registers on me - after a couple of hours it's almost like I didn't spray anything on. And it's essentially gone from my cotton tee-shirt as well. It's TOO subtle. Very little sillage and longevity.

Drat my scent-eating skin! OR... is it just modern perfumery?

kazewayz
kazewayz

A solid scent. Good for night time. I kind of get like this coffee vibe, woody accord going on there. It reminds me of Hugo Boss Baldessarini Ambre. This lasts long, projects well. A well done fragrance. Elegant, masculine. Worth a try, and the extreme should be even better.

Gault
Gault

This is (or it should be) the etalon of modern fragrances: perfect sillage and longevity, nonoffensive yet unique and noticeable.

Really tricky one, almost 2 in 1, I cannot believe how different is this depending on the season/temperature you wear it. In winter its a serious oriental cacao-like patchouli bomb, in spring/summer its a sweet playful citrus aromatic/aromatic fougere.

pronose
pronose

a nice scent but a bit sticky!!!!!! can't wear it everyday!

Housebliss
Housebliss

The softer version of the extreme. Although they smell similar, it's very easy to tell them apart. This smells more casual and feels very natural.

Nice citrus opening, but also quite woody. I'm surprised most people think of this as a winter scent, as I find it to be lovely in warmer weather. You could wear this any season I guess.

I really like it, but it doesn't blow me away. Great stuff though!

RUDOLFO512

I rarely do a second review on a fragrance, but I had to do it for this one. L'Instant de Guerlain is a fragrance made in heaven. It is mystical, masculine, "mild and savage" at the same time. I get a wiff of it now and then and it makes me soooooo happy. I usually do not wear this fragrance to work, but today I decided to. I already got 3 compliments. It is a must have in any man's collection.

RUDOLFO512

I ordered this fragrance and got it in the mail yesterday. I sprayed some on my wrist and this morning, I still smelled it. It is now my signature fragrance because it is sensual and masculine. The opening is awesome and the dry down even better.

Lom
Lom

I wear this perfume very often, mainly becasue I get the most positive reactions from people around me about it, especially women who think this is a really wonderful masculine and sophisticated smell.
It is very elegant and at the same time sexy. I didn't love it from the beginning, but with time I learned to appreciate it, and even think the fragrance itself became better and more balanced with time.

romeoduquejr
romeoduquejr

This is a masterpiece. Guerlain is really a class of its own. I want to smell like this for the rest of my life.

5 mins - I was swept off my feet, not like your typical fresh citrus notes, never knew that a perfume can make you feel self-assured and create memories; Could not stop smelling my hand; now I understand the hype on his big Bro LIDGE. After 1 hour, a well-composed woody cocoa, deep and mysterious; inviting yet daring. 5 hours, it completely changes form, faint musk and flower. This perfume evolves - well how's that! Can easily get 8hours on me.

LIDGE and LIDG is like the Batman and Robin combo. The other is darker and mysterious and the other is youthful and playful.

Go easy on the trigger though, it's easy to get carried away with this bad boy.

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

It is impossible not to get an Heritage feeling in the opening. Very distinctive but also very short lived, as a hint of the trade mark of the house, it is a Guerlain. I am surprised by the freshiness of L'Instant with the anise giving a sort of minty spect to it.The sweet sandalwood brings the cacao note to the front in the heart, which comes very sudden just minutes after it opens with a citrusy explosion. For me it is not chocolaty, just sweetish cocao powder. Perhaps the elemi and hibuscus and tea prevents it to became really like chocolate. Although very pleasant, I was waiting for something more substancial and deeper, three sprays to my arm and it seems almost too close to the skin. I would have liked it stronger and more elemi. But it is damm classy and it does remind me of some old school classics like Heritage itself, however very modern, like a vampire with new, younger blood. You may not like it but he is there and has come to stay. What I mean to say is that L'instant smells like a scent done by professionals, it has know-how, cachet. And that makes it impossible for anyone not to like it.

tarekh020
tarekh020

A must have in any collec.
I loved Guerlain perfums from this masterpiece , It's nonofensive ,masculine , Sexy , elegant, ladies loves the Cacao Note in it
The Word is Classy

isaacgames
isaacgames

I blind bought this one based on the reviews on here. Initially I felt like this was dated and maybe a little too formal for me, but my feelings have 'evolved'. Here are my 'notes':

- Could wear this to very formal events in winter: a church function, a graduation, yes a funeral.

- I also think this could be a candidate for the office, just two light sprays. Think of days where you are sitting close to your co-workers trying to get things done together. Its a calming yet classy smell, not offensive.

- Its one of those fragrances that has me lifting up my undershirt so I can get a wiff from where I sprayed it on my chest. Not many do that.

- Lasts a very long time.

All in all I give it high reviews and will be plunking down to buy the EDP version. Thank you Guerlain!

MrMookie
MrMookie

Cannot like it on my skin! maybe its my skin but it kept very old coffee n cacao like, almost like its over the top.
maybe (hopefully as a Guerlain lover) i had a OFF sample.
Love Kokorico more because it got a better development.
Maybe i should retry this.

Molko
Molko

It's a very weird scent at first, long lasting, not a regularly man fragrance, I think could be unisex easily. I feel something old, but timeless at the same time. A hint of citrus with a lot of spices (wood, patchouli, lavender, cacao) and I feel some rubber in the components, clean and sophisticated, not too warm, neither too dry, good balanced for spring or autumn. Must try it to everyone:)

word-doctor
word-doctor

When my wife asked what I wanted for Xmas this year, I told her to choose something from Guerlain or Hermes that she'd like me to wear. And this is it: purchased by her and a friend after much comparison and discussion.

I think her priority is that I smell good just for her. LIDG accordingly projects inches from the skin. I find longevity to be around 6 hours. The well-blended citrus opening vanishes on me within 1/2 hour, leaving a creamy base of sandalwood and other notes. I do not get cacao, though it may be that it's better blended than I'm used to.

This is not a cologne that makes one go "Whoa"--more a subdued "Mmmmm." It is classy, well made and comfortable. Suitable for work or evenings at home.

Skin only. I often will give a shot onto fabric when I have scents where I want to preserve the top notes. One example is Krizia Uomo; the adelhydes and herbal notes stay on fabric while my skin takes things down to the base notes. With LIDG, a spray on fabric creates a scent that most resembles Play Do--not good for my wife, me or anyone else.

Sillage: 4/10

oilizer
oilizer

I first tried EDP version (aka Extreme) and thought 'hm, this'll be good if it had more citrus' so I tried EDT version. Unfortunately I was wrong. Due to stronger citrus opening it takes longer for the coco/anise to shine (actually I didn't smell anise just like the scent break down here says) and makes this scent feel more ethereal compared to the well grounded EDP version. I also feel this scent lasts less (~8 hours) compared to EDP (~12 hours), again due to the fact EDP has stronger coco/anise presence.

Not saying this scent is terrible, but I prefer EDP version better.

djews
djews

I think this when compared to extreme, doesn't get the credit it deserves. I have both, and 80% of the time I use this over the extreme. On a bad day this will go 8 hours, most days it lasts up to 12. I feel comfortable using it in summer also. Love it, one of my absolute favourites and for the price I cannot see how any guy of any age wouldn't be on board with this masterpiece.

Anatolian_Swarthy
Anatolian_Swarthy

it starts like a little thierry mugler a men series,and 10-15minutes later the adventure starts to wonderland.
i really like this scent.it s elegant
i recommend it

dudelove
dudelove

A mature, sexy fragrance. But not for me unfortunately..

I didn't like the opening. Gave me an old man vibe. I have something against anise, and it's very prominent in the top notes of L'Instant. Try this Italian liqueur called Sambuca and you'll get the idea. The citruses are in the background but does nothing to salvage the poor top notes for me.

The top dries down to cocoa powder. This is where I felt Guerlain did a fantastic job. LIDG is a winner by my books because it versatile enough to be worn on warmer nights, as well as in the cold. It smells of cocoa powder, and it's very well done. Just the right amount of sweetness. It is very safe smelling, and a very alluring, attractive smell.

A tad too mature for my tastes, maybe next time I'll learn to like it when I wear LIDG.

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

I went to test the extreme version of it but they hadnt it so i tested that one...
1 word: CLASS.Very high quality AAA class perfume.
Im more into gourmand,sweet frags but that one was quite the opposite,citrusy,and wow im impressed i liked it a lot..
Overall score: 7.5/10

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

The notes-
Top: Chocolate, Sweet-Dark Chocolate,
Middle: Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, Semi-Sweet Chocolate
Base: Bittersweet Chocolate, Unsweetened Chocolate, Unsweetened Dark Chocolate, White Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Chocolate with Nuts and more and more Chocolate you could find all over the globe!

Do I like this fragrance? Yes! Why? I find it different from any other EDT for men.

Like what we always see on the label of any choc bar, written there either it has 50%, 70% or 80% of cocoa, thus the same goes to this perfume, one to two sprays give you extra 50% sexiness, more than that, you'd be damn sexy and super-irresistibly sweet!

VanAllan
VanAllan

Just received this beauty in mail...after a long staying in my want list and shopping for others just because they are discontinued and harder to find, I decided to finally add this Guerlain masterpiece in my collection.
A modern and also fastidious fragrance for gentlemen, suitable almost all year round (well, maybe except warm days of summer), beautifuly evolving on skin and keeping you constantly amazed. It has all the way that guerlinade signature, that sensual je-ne-sais-quoi which makes wonders on your and others nostrils.
This creation has everything I could demand from a fragrance: complex evolution from bitter-citrus top going through smooth flowers ending into sweet-cocoa like-woody drydown, wow factor from ladies, is long lasting, has good projection, elegance and modernism.
My humble rank 9.2/10. ☣☣☣☣☣

Kiott

I not a big fan of sweet fragances, but i like L´Istant.

limited Edition
limited Edition

This an elegant fragrance, which reflects a target market previously dominated by the likes of Anteus, Givency gentleman and Versace Homme.

This is an evening player which will stay by your side, a fragrance which I am proud to own..9/10

Vincents1278
Vincents1278

As far as I can tell theres no big citrus top to be smelled here. THis starts out with a bit of orange blossom then quickly goes to jasmine, a touch of cocoa, maybe some rose, lots of hibiscus and loads of patchouli. I think many people emphasize the top notes, which are gone so quickly. Try it a few times before you review it.

You might mistake patchouli for some kind of cacao note. There is definitely a hint of chocolate but it's not as pronounced as some think. No way that there should be 200+ votes for cacao in the pyramid. I think people get carried away with wishful thinking. They really want it to be a chocolate thing and it's just not.

Classy and nice but a little boring. Depends on what you're looking for. You can find ten thousand fragrances that smell similar to this.

tujiang
tujiang

非常棒的香水,味道很好闻,特别是在秋冬季节的时候,就好像有一双手在温暖自己。

marioslg3
marioslg3

For those that do not want the citrus starting of this perfume, should try the extreme version.
I read reviews based on taste saying that this is nothing more or less, is overated etc etc.
This is one of the most nicely done mainstream perfumes in the market and according to Vicotira of Bois du Jasmin, one of the most masculine discoveries. Some guys say that is not masculine but can someone explain how a masculine perfume should smell like? If others are saying that Kouros by YSL is more or less unisex, what can we say else?
L'instant is a perfume that has everyhing, freshness, sweetness, spicyness, woodiness with excellent longevity/quality and sillage. It is somehow old style perfume but not old fashioned. For me this is a pure masculine perfume at a reasonable price and away of the most perfumes that we can find in the market today like aquatic, 1 million type perfumes and vanillic.
Guys, respect!!!!

Mosschops
Mosschops

I tried this yesterday, and it was not what I expected. yes, there's the 'chocolatey' note in there, but I wasn't expecting it to be so fresh. I thought it may just be the topnotes, and the dry-down would be warmer; but nope, that darn ol' citrusy scent stayed in there. To me, this would be great if they just got rid of the citrus. It just doesn't blend well nor is needed.

micpower
micpower

I purchased LIDG EDT today.. I tried it once.. it has a citrus opening but not too strong .. it has an old smell which reminds you of the past .. it fits 30s men not for teenagers or who are seeking a feminine frag. I have to try it more to give my final judgment. But for now it is 7/10 not a masterpiece IMO but still good to have.I think I will have the EDP next time.

P.S I prefer to own LIDG more than Midnight In Paris .

amine
amine

I was really disappointed by this fragrance, it reminds me a citrus pie with a hint of cacao ! It's not a masculine scent IMO. A pleasant scent but overrated !

reinhard5490
reinhard5490

ok, LIDG. let me tell you the situation. your big brother, the Extreme, really overshadows you. does it makes you a bad perfume?

No. No buddy. You're actually good in EDP
citrus blast opening and strong Anise. not too deep like Extreme, but somehow more 'manageable' compared to the beast LIDGE. you still maintain the amazing longevity and sillage (and I get slight impression that you're actually better in terms of sillage)

Longevity might not your weapon against LIDGE, but your versatility is. you're easier to wear without being too heavy for day-out. you still be able to fared against LIDGE in day wearing.

men out there, do your favor by choosing the EDP, its actually comparable to LIDGE. the EDT is... well, weakling.

the scent is more 'raw' compared to LIDGE. more versatile because not everyone will take LIDGE in a good way. LIDGE is more... complicated, its smoother and appreciated by perfumista, but might not by common people. LIDG will do with the rest of the peoples easier, and one more: it's versatile enough for lunch

cee the scenter
cee the scenter

has nice opening but then too sweet for me. otherwise romantic warm scent, very good for evening time.

RobAtSGH
RobAtSGH

L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme opens with a citrus blast, which transitions (perhaps incongruously) into a very warm scent almost immediately. The lemon, bergamot, and grapefruit notes blow off very quickly, and one begins to perceive anise and warm woody tones. From there, it's a fairly short trip through anise and patchoulli to a lasting combination of cacao, sandalwood, cedar, green tea, and musk. It plays pretty close to the skin, too. Very refined, but also fairly linear after the first 10-20 minutes.

I rather like this. While it's not as complex and evolving as some other Guerlain fragrances, it's something I can see wearing often in fall/winter. It's a cozy, soft sort of scent that lingers in your general personal space. The notes are well coordinated, even if the citrusy beginning seems like it belongs to another fragrance altogether - it transitions cleanly.

sameh
sameh

I have used it to the last drop & simply it's Very fresh warm expensive smell.
Can't wait to try the EDP edition !

holyxhooker
holyxhooker

a classic, refined and strong. but i would have liked if the cacao would show up more, the citrus tone could have been lowered for a more balanced fragrance 7.5/10

camposg
camposg

I just blind bought this and honestly? I'm not that happy. This is not a review! I will be wearing it soon to give a honest review. I am 28 years old and this smells like something for a older gentleman. I can already tell it s no my style but let's see...

Muzoona
Muzoona

رائحة ليمونية مخلوطة بالتوابل جميلة جدا و ترتبط معك الرائحة بسهولة مع ذكريات المكان و الناس

Very Lemony and spicy, very linked to memories. i mean when you use it in such a place and people. you will easily remember them.

bumberongnars

Old man - opening note....... And rest is superb.... Like it .... :)

jozemo
jozemo

A unique and romantic scent for men, do not spray on the skin, spritz this juice and walk into the mist, it lingers on the clothing longer than the skin ,especially a cotton shirt. a must have for frag lovers.

FORCED_TO_REGISTER
FORCED_TO_REGISTER

I'm afraid to tell..it's a bit over-rated!!

ericrico
ericrico

A very decent, but somewhat unremarkable scent to me. I am doing a side-by-side testing as I type this (with L'Instant Extreme EdP).

From a spray atomizer decant, L'Instant EdT, which I will focus on opens nicely for about 10-15 minutes...brilliant top notes with anise, citrus, and a bit of powdery jasmine. Nice, but a bit fleeting. By 30 minutes on my wrists (2 full sprays)...this is a decent skin scent that evolved very fast. Almost a hollow heart - the tea note didn't show (just powder after the citrus left) and no real patchouli. The cedar and sandalwood show up and offer a nice warmth and woodiness, but the powdery-vibe is holding here. Hints of cacao peak through, but not strong.

Finally, at 50 minutes - 1 hour, the powder calms down and cacao, musk and a decent light wood aroma lingers. All-in-all, I was honestly expecting more, but this is definitely quality and will have a lot of mass appeal. Disappointment because of expectations - I set the bar high (oh, and it doesn't help the L'Instant Extreme EDP is sitting on the back of my hand and radiating!)

This is not a bad scent and would work for the office very well. Totally inoffensive and a nice, closely-worn aroma that warms to the skin bringing out more spices, wood and cacao on the dry down. A Guerlain creation that shows fairly well in a contemporary fashion.

I gave it a "like" - but I wish I could have checked "hoped for more". Not bad at all, but not exciting.

More for the mainstream...not for me. Good.

rauljms87
rauljms87

i bought it last weekend, i wore it yesterday for work, sprayed twice on my jacket, a friend of mine borrowed it and when she gave it back to me she said: "Hueles a macho(smells like a real man)", i thought "thanks Guerlain you did it again"

angel6
angel6

I would recomment this for a woman, it's fresh and soft ideal for summer or winter, very unissex, I'm wearing it today and fell so happy and elegant.

babak125
babak125

یه مشابهت هایی با
M7
داره.نت میانی این عطر به نت پایه ام سون شبیه است.
در کل بسیار عطر باکلاسیه

GMK
GMK

This is why I respect Guerlain... wow wow wow... awesome take on cocoa with sandal wood just love this stuff.. Amazing blending i must say , true pleasure folded in layers . BRAVO.

rayees
rayees

This is ok one. Oriental spicy. But the cacao note is bit hard. otherwise this one has all.

RachelGrigg
RachelGrigg

Whooooa, after a couple of days wear I have to say omg fantastic amazing fragrance. I love the waftof differentfacetsof the notes and I love the guerlinade drydown. It's beautiful and as girly who hates blousey florals, I'd say unisex. So sexy on a women, I already had compliments!!!, ;-)

yankee666
yankee666

A beautiful, woody fragrance. The smell of varnished wood. A very strong perfume.

Kain
Kain

A great fragrance and spring and summer version of LIDGE!
The opening of this fragrance is semi fresh with grapefruit and lemon combo (mostly grapefruit) and lots of spice and some woods and coco. when I say coco I mean something like coco powder not chocolate! but it's not powdery there is some sweetness in the opening too, but just a bit!
The spice at the start is a little too much but settle down very quick. the spice is from star anise which is really unique and strange! the opening is something like this :
Star Anise 30% + grapefruit 20 + woodsy note 20% + lemon 10% + coco 10% + sweetness 10%
After about 5-10 minutes, the spicy anise settle down and woodsy note which is sandalwood become stronger with hint of floral notes in the background and beautiful coco mixing with all the notes.
The drydown is very pleasant and every note matched really well with other notes. a great scent that balanced very well.
The projection and longevity is above average.
Not as great as LIDGE but great quality and really well balanced. I like it so much.
يه عطر بسيار خوشبو و شيك كه ميتونه نسخه بهار و تابستونه ورژن اكستريمش باشه
رايحه اوليه اين عطر نسبتا خنك و شاداب با رايحه گريپ فروت و كمي ليمو هست كه مقدار زيادي رايحه تند نوع خاصي از گل باديان رومي اونو در بر گرفته
كمي رايحه هاي چوب و جنگلي و شيرين هم وجود دارن كه در كنار رايحه ملايم كاكائو تركيب بسيار خوشبو و عالي ايجاد ميكنن
تندي اوليه به خاطر نوعي گل خاص از خانواده باديان رومي هست كه بوي تند و خيلي منحصر بفردي داره كه بوي عجيب و خاص و متفاوتي به اين عطر ميده
در ادامه رايحه گل باديان ضعيفتر ميشه و رايحه هاي چوب و جنگلي كمي قويتر كه رايحه قويتر كاكائو و مقدار بسيار كمي رايحه هاي گلها اونو همراهي ميكنن
همه رايحه ها به طرز بسيار هنرمندانه اي با هم مچ شدن و همه چيز سر جاشه و توي ذوق نميزنه
خيلي خوب همه چي با هم بالانس شده كه واقعا كار هنرمندانه اي هست
پخش بو و ماندگاري مناسبي داره اما توقع زيادي هم ازش نداشته باشين
كار بسيار باكيفيت و شيك و خوشبويي هست
من شخصا خيلي دوسش دارم. هر چند برادر كوچيكترش يعني ورژن اكستريم يه سر و گردن از اين بالاتره اما اون براي فصل پاييز و زمستان مناسبه و براي بهار و تابستان زيادي قويه

bayu.ciprut
bayu.ciprut

my first blind buy this stuff, I was hesitant because in my country (Indonesia), the only people wearing Bvlgari or CH, I wear my first surprised by a very bitter flavor, but after arriving at the office of my friends asked about what I use because it smells incredible. perfume is amazing and I will try the EDP. greetings from Indonesia

Godscent
Godscent

that was amazing scent...but not mine...just in perfume shop i tested...i think wifey will buy me in these days..because i bought for her l'instant magic

ahmed hussein

I had a tester for this perfume.. kept it in my wallet... i couldnt resist getting it every 5 minutes to smell it again... really captivating... very masculine... classy and unique... beleive it or not... after a month, the scent d remained on the tester as amazing as i v first smelled it... then i couldnt help buying it on the very same day... its just amazing...maximum longevity... great sillage...am 25 years old... i was looking for my signature scent... i think now i v found it.

tyrip19562000@yahoo.com
tyrip19562000@yahoo.com

THE VERY FIRST TIME I SMELLED "L'INSTANT POUR HOMME EDT" I WAS HOOKED,IN MY OPINION IT SMELLS LIKE NOTHING ELSE,AND IN MY OPINION YOU CAN WEAR IT ALL YEAR ROUND.I DO PLAN ON TRYING THE EXTREME VERSION EDP,I HEARD IT'S SUPPOSE TO BE BETTER AND LONGER LASTING,MAYBE LONGER LASTING BUT BETTER,I REALLY DOUBT IT,THE ORIGINAL IS USUALLY ALWAYS THE BEST,BUT I'LL LET YOU KNOW.FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT SAY L'INSTANT EDT DOESN'T LAST,WELL WHEN IT STARTS TO FADE,JUST TOUCH IT UP WITH TWO SPRAYS,IT IS TRULY "ONE OF A KIND"MY SIGNATURE SCENT,BY FAR.(AWESOME STUFF) MY (2nd) CHOICE IS "HABIT ROUGE"(GUERLAIN) (3rd) CHOICE IS "CUBA GOLD" (FOR THE MONEY IT'S TRULY A GREAT SCENT,DON'T LET THE INEXPENSIVE PRICE FOOL YOU,LAST ALL DAY) (4th) CHOICE IS "MESMORIZE"(AVON) GREAT GREAT SCENT,JUST DOESN'T LAST LONG ENOUGH. (P.S. YOU WILL GET COMPLIMENTS,TRUST ME.)

palzzu
palzzu

unique, mature, strong, sexy, long lasting! must say the drydown is awesome.

Barolo
Barolo

This is my first offering from Guerlain...

It fits within the confines of the types of scents I enjoy...the subtle...the pleasant...

Not sure what I was expecting but I wasn't blown away by this one. It's just nice. A linear niceness.

Seemingly, this one is derivative and not groundbreaking. I picture a boardroom with people trying to come up with a new scent the masses will swoon for. Someone in the room suggests Drakkar Noir as a starting point. Guerlain gets it's best and brightest to work pronto in coming up with a fresh take on an old classic.

The above is what I get from L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme... a modernized muted/tamed version of the old Drakkar Noir.

As someone who enjoyed Drakkar in my youth the derivative nature of this makes me appreciate it far less than I probably should. Had only L'Instant come first...

Good but not great.

LANIER
LANIER

Late evening in the Café Camille, Marais Pairs:

The erudite waiters were all in blanched linen shirts, black wool pants and crisp spotless cotton aprons as they elegantly attended the thinning clientele. The noisy American tourists had left and only a few neighborhood regulars lingered over coffee or a dying bottle of wine. As I sat there drinking in the night from the sidewalk table I caught a whiff of something so utterly delicious, a euphoria of blending and slowly unfolding scents. It was chocolate, but not of this earth for it was richer and deeper than the darkest cocoa bean could ever produce. Then I realized that it was something more like a bouquet of jasmine dipped in warm dark chocolate and sprinkled over with anise and lavender….and a little slice of orange on the side. It was so impossibly rich and enticing and sensual. Then sadly it began to fade like a gypsy’s dream until it was finally gone. Only then did I realize that the man who just walked past my table toward the Place Des Vosges was the source of that incredible scent. If only I could know what it was that he was wearing.

Days later as I sauntered past 68 Avenue des Champs Élysées I picked up the silage of this siren like fragrance. I turned to see the man from a few nights before in the Marais. He slipped into the doors of the Guerlain Perfumery. Without hesitation I spun on my heel and followed him into the palace de scent. Nowhere to be seen, he had again eluded me. As I turned I caught in the smallest corner of my eye a glimpse of him. He stood at the counter talking to an impossibly chic sales girl. In his well manicured hand he was holding a golden bottle up to the light. It glimmered, it winked in deepest gold, and he turned and smiled at me as if he knew what I was after…. “L’Instant” he said in less than a whisper.

L’Instant by Guerlain is so incredibly wonderful. I was immediately enveloped in a vale of coco and jasmine on the opening notes. Not feminine at all as one might expect but so confidently masculine in the blending in of anise, cedar and Indian sandalwood that take over the bulk of the middle. It is never overpowering but still commanding and insinuates a certain confidence that is very Parisian. The dry down is incredible. Lapsang Tea and Hibiscus seed and musk it is almost oriental in feeling. But all the way through and what got the most comments from those who noticed is that scrumptious rich dark chocolate that never quite leaves. Very long lasting, a great silage, an all around winner that drew praise from both women and men. Guerlain is the master of luxe and elegant fragrances of such depth and complexity that really makes them stand out as a top fragrance house of impeccable distinction.

Five Platinum Stars ****

Men wonderful luxury perfume

Formal long-lasting

Recommend it

ممتاز جدا للمناسبات رسمي انا احب هذا

Toni Lop
Toni Lop

Smell very nice and Ltf attention characteristically, fragrance reflects the stability and strength

Projection: 8/10

OVERALL:9/10

del
del

L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme greets you with pleasant but brief citrus scents leading to an excellent blend of wood, spice, and sweetness.

It is a strong, yet inoffensive masculine fragrance that stays with you through out the day. The smoky sweetness wafts modestly and consistently, reminding you of its presence after a couple of hours of solid projection.

L'Instant de Guerlain is an all-season modern fragrance that will invite compliments from both sexes. It encompasses you with a distinctive classy-ness and elegance. Every gentleman should wear this perfume at least once in his lifetime as this Guerlain truly is a handsome performer.

mohamed.zaouali
mohamed.zaouali

great perfume==)

sreluah
sreluah

Elegance is the first thing that comes to mind when I ware l'instant. Its warm, comforting and reasserting. the coco scent reminds me of moments of happiness and excitement. I can't get enough of L'instant EDT. spray just a bit on your pillow and have sweet dreams sensual dreams. a must have!

Dr.ivan.gutierrez.perio
Dr.ivan.gutierrez.perio

Have you tryed it?
so...
what are you waiting for?
one of the best balanced pleasant fragances in the market!!!
what did you said you have tryed this?
and you agree with me right?
of course...i have to say it you have a good nose and fancy taste.

sf2explus
sf2explus

very classy stuff starts off with sharp citruss that does calm down after an hours or so. mild spice is always in the scent i think its the anise. there is a hint of sweetness. but the scent itself is not sweet at all, i find it musky and woody with some spice, slightly creamy coming from the sandlewood. the scent def needs skin so dont test this on paper. If you want a good quality eavening scent you can wear than this wont let you down, quite meture style but i feel as though anyone older than 25 can pull it off.
will not be good for hot days but can be used in summer nights. One sniff and you know you are smelling a luxury fragrance here, not one of those simple smells. The bottle design is beyond ordinary, i find it very nice, the sprayer is excellent sprays out very nicely. very good sillage will leave a slight soft trail that everyone will enjoy and if not thaan they will not hate it either so thats good. lasting power is 8-10 hours and a skin scent after that.

Scent 8.5/10

qwerty82
qwerty82

This is nice, elegant and classy. However I would like to try the Extreme version too as some reviews say that the Extreme version is even better. The EDT version is very smooth and easy to wear.

Katrina
Katrina

My husband wears this and I LOVE it. I always feel as if I would like to wear it myself, but it just doesn't smell as good on me. I would recommend this for any man (40's and abov), it is gorgeous, sexy and lingers softly in the air and in their wardrobe (very sexy indeed).

Decodawn
Decodawn

My husband wears this fragrance ideal age over 40, he is 48 next year, classy, traditional a gentlemans fragrance, spicy, woody, leather.

bumberongnars

like the scent but reccomended for ... age 30 and above ... so classy...

This is really one of the most male fragrances out there! No surprise it comes from Guerlain which I already adore for feminine perfumes! And I love old good Habit Rouge...
L'Instant took its place among the "modern" Guerlains, more in tune with trends, less elegant and sophisticated than ancient ones, but still very good and more approachable.
I like L'Instant from top to bottom at any stage. I like the soft spicy vibe and the solid basenotes. Solid, but not like a brick on your head!
It's an elegant scent in its modernity and easy wearable by men with a certain style and class.
I don't agree it goes only with perfect sartorial suits. It can match also a more sporty outfit if the gentleman is well kept and innerly elegant. Even better...mmmm...

originaldeftom

Iconic. Stylish. Sophisticated. ROMANTIC. For me it is "Love & Passion" in a bottle.
So underrated!
So much better than Mugler's "Amen" or Armani's "Attitude".
Should be worn with sartorial pride and with impeccable classy dress code: NO JEANS!!!
MASTERPIECE!!!

VanBlack
VanBlack

I hate the opening notes, but the drydown is heavenly pleasant and looooooooong lasting !!!

mehrdad
mehrdad

با سلام
در مورد گرلن قبلا هـم نوشته ام برندی است سلطنتی و امپریال
کارهـای گرلن چون از بهـترین مواد و بصورت طبیعی تهـیه می شوند در هـمه جا بعنوان مارکی درجه یک و گرانقدر مطرح میباشد
این کار گرلن واقعا جزو بهـترین روایح مردانه دنیا محسوب میشود
مهـرداد

Longevity:
Scent:10/10
Uniqueness:10/10
OVERALL:10/10

netorian
netorian

A very long lasting, very elegant scent. But be care! After a lot's of hours (not a few hours!) if you wear it not in your body (i mean in your shirt for exp.) the scent turns to a soft, bit feminine scent.

I don't say that's a problem, this "new" scent is also a great scent. Try it before buy it! (Also in your body, also in your dress... /well... i know u have to wear in your body, but try and smell the difference!/)

Uniqueness: 8/10
Erotica: 8/10
How i like it: 8/10

Good for a first date? Yes! Very sensual, very attractive. (If the dating fails, it won't be the parfum's fault.)

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

Superlatively elegant fragrance, stylish bottle, classy packaging. Guerlain quality throughout. However, I enjoy smelling it on others rather than wearing it myself.

ryldyl
ryldyl

This stuff is really growing on me. I should have purchased the 4.2 oz. Great, refreshingly sexy and yet very relaxing scent that reminds you a very pleasant time. I get about 4-5 hours of decent sillage with moderate application and about 4-5 more hours of very detectable skin scent afterwards. Makes me almost forget that the surviving Guerlain has a racist tongue.

kasurigama
kasurigama

I really loved this fragrance but its totally dissapointed me. Initially it smells amazing and almost mouth watering but within an hour the scent is almost undetectible.

I dont have a defective bottle as i bought it from debenhams, i think its generally just a mild smell. Perhaps I should have gone for the edp but the edt came in a great value set, and ive never had this problem with edt before.

I got a giant 125 ml bottle but im guessing it will last the same time as a 50 ml bottle of terre d'hermes as i have to use so much of it.

Overall this is one of the best smells available for an hour then your wearing no scent.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

The opening is a mix between cold citruses,cacao and anise.
It's very delicious start,reminded me of givenchy very irresistable with better ingredients.
After an hour citruses became more muted and anise and cacao become stronger it warm u more and more after that fresh start.
Then cacao still strong joined with woody notes.
It's very well done,unique and versatile.
Great for spring,fall and winter to work,special occasion,casual,formal.
Amazing signature scent.
Longevity 9+ hours with good projection.
And i always mention the type of sweetness because i dont like candy sweet,the sweetness here is from cacao ,no sugar,no vanilla,no benzoin just pure cacao.
Even if u search in little details u will not find something bad about it.

armchair sailor
armchair sailor

Yes, it has chocolate but it's really dry, not a bit sweet. That's because of the woody part of it, I guess. It's not bad, but it's not something I would wear. Trust me: no woman will ever chase you because you smell of chocolate.

jtd
jtd

l'Instant pour Homme feels pulled in a few too many directions for me. It's a fresh, oriental, woody, gourmand, green citrus. It seems built to try to please everyone just a bit. It's warm and it's cool. It's dry and it's sweet. It seems like it's intended to be discrete, but with its finger in so many pies just seems non-committal to me.

l'Instant's mix of mild gourmand elements on top of woods, citrus and the rest of the kitchen sink is the equivalent to my nose of 'a bad taste in my mouth.' I tried to like this one for quite a while, but it never took.

ritsjoey
ritsjoey

Complex and intense, classy and sophisticated. Its powerhouse of really well-blended ingredients. Whether its the star anise or the sandalwood or the lapsang tea or the lavender - L'Instant throws u back to an era which is rarely seen anymore.

Of course every nose is different so this perfumes sits on my nose perfectly. Just the right amount of woody sweet and spicy!

Breath-taking dry-down and surprisingly good staying power!

Having said all that, this perfume is for slightly older group of people. Or those younger ones (like me) who want to smell like older, mature men... :)

Overall: 4.1

5 Nose-gasm
4 Awsome sauce!
3 Good but not exciting enough
2 Meh!
1 Hell to the no!

EG0
EG0

Actually I find the comments strange. I hate it. I couldn't find anybody around me, who found it at least acceptable.
How come this hype?

christian.alavez88
christian.alavez88

it's my favorite fragrance, is perfect for that especial ocassion, your notes make this exceptional men's fragrance the best of Guerlain.

ROUSAK
ROUSAK

It is smell nice and very long lasting but after sometime it becomes cloying and makes me dizzy.i gave it away

Grottola
Grottola

L'Instant Pour Homme definitely echoes past fragrances, such as Habit Rouge, Tiffany for Men, Heritage, and Dior Homme. What makes L'Instant more unique is that it turns down the powderiness a bit and throws in the chocolate-like aura of praline, and makes the entire thing a little more woody (think Gucci Pour Homme without the "pencil shavings"). What results is an extremely smooth fragrance for a modern dandy. I definitely am considering a full bottle for this one, and I would love to try the Eau de Parfum.

jcastano
jcastano

I was on the hunt for this fragrance for a very long time. I owned the EDP version way before I owned this EDT version and way before the hype. Finally, I found one at an amazing price and since I enjoyed the EDP so much, the EDT seemed like a no brainer. After various testing and wears, I have to say that this fragrance is just not my style. It's easily similar to the EDP but instead of the creaminess and damp qualities the EDP possesses, this is far more drier and very powdery. It also has an "old woman" feel to it but with a classic "old school" vibe. Almost as if I'm reminded of an old french women in the 1930s, suited in her most attractive trailing skirt and broad-brimmed hat, stepping out of her 1935 402 Peugeot, ready to hit the finest boutiques, all while puffing on her long cigarette holder. It's feminine enough to be unisex because of the sweet cocoa and star anise but masculine enough to be a men's fragrance because of the heavy woods and lingering citrus.

The opening is a beautiful citrus floral over a heavy anise. As it transcends into the heart, the star anise and citrus linger over a powdery cocoa and woods. Finally, the base utilizes all those elements in perfect harmony, and adds a light musk to the creation and you're left with a sweet, powdery, citrus, anised-cocoa and woods. I might even say that this is M7 gone gay. It has that oud M7 aura about it but with a feminine quality. Definitely unisex and not recommended for the 30 and under crowd. This is far too elegant and beautifully crafted and might not get appreciated as it should.

I guess you're wondering how this was disappointing to me? Well, the longevity on me is about 3-4 hours (on a good day) and sillage is close to the skin. My main complaint is how feminine this actually is. I don't mind unisex fragrances but this one is very hard to pull off and doesn't suit a casual lifestyle. Maybe in my professional career, I might pick this bottle up again, but, if they amped up the woods, toned down the anise, and took out the dreaded "old lady" vibe, you'd have yourself a BEAST of a scent!

I really like this one, for the first few hours. After 3-4 hours, the only thing remaining is a simple musk that I don't find especially appealing, though it's not unpleasant. So, when I'm thinking about wearing this kind of fragrance, I usually reach for ones like Tiffany for Men, which lasts a very long time with the notes I like, if I want to go in a non-gourmand direction. If I want a gourmand with notes that I like and that last, I prefer to reach for Inside Man by Trussardi, Jacomo for Men, or even Enrico Sebastiano Fine Cologne. Why they formulated L'Instant Homme to peter out into a mild hibiscus musk the way it does is a question I'd really like to have answered, because so many other nice gourmands (and near gourmand ones like the Tiffany) last a very long time.

scenturian

This is more woody(sandalwood and cedar) when compare to Dior Homme, and Dior Homme is leathery. The similarity is the powderiness and sweetness.

Sacredsystem
Sacredsystem

Absolutely stunning! A special and arousing fragrance that impregnates noses around you with sensuality. I feel that the cocoa balances this fragrance and connects all the beautiful notes perfectly. Guerlain has done a great job. Wear this fragrance and be filled with self-assurance.

samihardanian
samihardanian

یک عطر کاملا مردانه
منحصر به فرد
محشر
شاهکار
چنانچه در طول عمرم 50 عطر داشته ام و 50 عطر مربوط به سایرین را بو کرده باشم مطمئنا این عطر در بین رتبه های اول تا سوم جای دارد. یک عطر سکسی معرکه. خیلی دوستش دارم

@GMK
Yes there is sweety powdery similarity between L'Instant de Guerlain and Dior Hommme.

Xeen
Xeen

I wonder why everybody said that this edt has citrus or floral fresh note, to me this edt smell bitter, dark and smoky.. It's really not for everyday use, and I think don't wear it in hot weather... This thing is perfect for special night event... Now I wanna try the edp version

sufix
sufix

excellent scent

goofynose
goofynose

I like the dry down, although the opening is not to my taste. It's a bit similar to Yves Rocher Eryo for men, but lasts longer.

omerpervaiz
omerpervaiz

I must say a lot of hype has been created about this fragrance, sadly it is not a great fragrance, to me it is dull and boring scent. all of the notes are not as good as they should be,definitely it is not a scent of my taste. it opens with a spicy gourmand fragrance then stays quite linear till settles down to a calm dull and subtle type of sweet woody fragrance. nothing special nothing particular longevity is good but projection is weak. simple bottle and packaging. think twice before buying it. this perfume is not complimenting a great perfume house like guerlain.
overall i give it 6.3 out of 10.

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

I take Guerlain to be one of, if not the best most xperienced perfume house. ALL its stuff just shouts QUALITY. and gentlemen, I said gentlemen cause this doesnt give way for any ladies...its ALL man
This is scarily nice, more suitable for night activites, but please not clubbin, this is way more worthy than that.. this is for weddings, anniversaries, Galas etc... definatley occasions where a suit is compulsory. I would say it is my best pick for such moments, I just might not call it my number one because am yet to take my time and try the EDP version, which blew me away in the stratosphere after sniffin on it once, imagine what it´ll do if I really spray it on me lol.
4.5/5.0 in my book.
PS. I wont describe the evolution of the notes since am new to this and I honestly dont wanna get over myself with compliments I dont know how to describe.
Longevity is good.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

Okay so I have decide to review this fragrance. I actually own the bottle of this and I love it so you know where this review is going.

L'Instant is the reason you don't listen to people at fragrance counters. If someone sprayed this, you liked it and bought it then took it home and wore it, you will drive immediately back to the store and tell them they sold you the wrong bottle. If you are thinking of buying this read the reviews and spray it on your wrist then smell it throughout the day, but don't be enamoared with the opening spray, IT IS NOT THE SAME FRAGRANCE!

With that on to the review. First spray you get all of the citrus, butt naked on your skin! Who created this divine concotion put all the citrus in the first say 5 minutes of this fragrance, it is almost deceptive the way it starts out. You would think it was one of those zesty lemon scents. After that I say 3-5 minutes the Anise kicks in and for me, this remains through the middle and base. The anise should be listed in each phase of this fragrance. The citrus may linger around a bit but the anise and woods, then a cocoa note dominate this fragrance the rest of the way. It still remains sort of fresh but in a mature, non-citrus way. It sort of has a cooling effect, sort of tingly to my nose and skin.

So you have an initial blast of citrus then anise, some jasmine (I guess some type of floral) woods and cocoa. The final phase is a gourmandish delightful scent that sticks rather close to the skin. You know its there but the sillage and projection is very minimal. However, somone sitting next to you in tight quarters or giving you a hug will definitely smell this and maybe compliment you for it.

I am stuck between this and Prada Amber becoming my signature scents. Both are extremely versatile (very different also) and that is what I like. They are great office and date scents and both deliver the goods. I have not smelled the intense version but this one I enjoy. I don't even care if it is complimented or not I like this one.

almondbreakfast
almondbreakfast

I have never tried weed, but i think this is what weeds should smell like! LOVE IT! I can imagine smelling it onto a naked body, an ecstasy, infatuated and sensual in a classy way. I LOVE IT!

-Mr. Almond-

Floral fresh
Powder fresh
Citrus lite
Musk subtle
Overall very soft, elegant, almost womanly.

The one thing I love about this fragrance is that it's very very floral, but in a gorgeous, fresh way.
Suited to older men for sure, can't see anyone under 30 trying this one on.

Annica
Annica

L'Instant probably would not fit a 16-year-old boy but it is perfect for men over 30 who enjoy spicy scents. Wonderful, unforgettable, well made fragrance. Dark, spicy with a hint of dark chocolate. I love it.

Cylob
Cylob

Starts very "man in a suit". It must be the citrus / anise combo. Very elegant. I'm usually not into citrus, but here it's done right.
After an hour or so it shifts and it gets warmer and darker. What a joy! Patchouli vs cocoa and some woods.
A bummer though: the drydown doesn't last that long. And stays very close to the skin. I tested the EdT (2 sprays).

7.5/10

Lots of things going on here, similar but more complex than Armani's Attitude for men. In both, the lavender is quite strong (I've got the EdT). Overall, at times there are too many notes trying to command your attention, and some might find it irritatingly discordant. It works for me when I use just one spray and try to avoid the top notes. Then I get interesting wafts now and then. Once in a while, I feel it's a bit much, but usually I enjoy it. It's natural smelling and has good longevity and projection/"sillage." One way of thinking about it is that it's the gourmand version of Heritage, and my guess is that this is their attempt at creating a "classier" type of A*Men/Rochas Man type of fragrance. If you dislike strong lavender (which creates a kind of smoky effect, possibly in conjunction with the musk), then this is probably not for you. I'd suggest sampling first, because even if you know what this kind of fragrance is like and have one or two that are similar, you might enjoy those better.

Scarlet.Anemone
Scarlet.Anemone

Just got a bottle of L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme (EDP). I guess I changed my mind, Im gonna drop the title 'male version of Shalimar' from Jaipur Pour Homme to this sweet charming guy. When I tried this on my skin, I cant help but it reminds me to Shalimar (minus the citrusy part which is not that much like Shalimar). Unlike Jaipur Pour Homme who announce its arrival with quite noticeable clove note, L'Instant done it more in a gentleman manner. I don't really smell lemon, bergamot and grapefruit at the beginning rather than anise and jasmine. Yes, it is sweet, but not too much in foody way like many fragrance. And like how many users reviewed here the cacao part is very noticeable to my nose. Ummm, can I say it's kind of relaxing since I can smell lavender and musk lingering together? Spicy it it, but don't worry. You won't smell like old dude in this. LOL!

Overall I can say this EDP version is a very fine fragrance not only for male but also for female. In my opinion it's also suitable for special occasion or events rather than for an office wear. Right now I'm wearing this and just relaxing at home waiting patiently how it will transform on my skin after 5 hours since I had 2 spritz on my wrist. For a 'spongey skin' like me that eats up MOST strong fragrance very quickly, I can say the longevity is very good. Oh, please don't expect that you'll be easily noticed by others when you wear this. Mind you, it's not a fragrance that will make huge announcement like " Hey!! I'm a fine fragrance, smell me!!! " rather than quiet, polite and very good mannered intro. Yet after some time, you'll be surprised how charming it can be with you and others. For intimate moment with someone special, I bet L'Instant Guerlain Pour Homme EDP will never disappoint you.

Also similar to : Shalimar, Lolita Lempicka, Bvlgari Black (ok, minus the rubber/leather part)
Sillage: Good
Longevity: Above average.

gatsby
gatsby

we have this product in almost all the perfume markets. It s available also in promotional box among with deo spray, shower gel or after shave balm. I don t understand why is so hard to find in other countries. had it, like it.

gianmarco
gianmarco

L'instant is way to light, you can barely smell it. A co worker told me yesterday that this is the cologne he wears, never once have i smelled any type of scent on him..and he sits in the same office as me....but this is really a nice scent, thats forsure

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

This is a strange one. I find myself imagining a dusty,cold apartment in paris belonging to an old lady who brings you a cup of cocoa that is too cold and has a strange powdery residue on the cup.
I can see the beauty in this but got nothing but screwed up faces and lots of "eeew,no" when i wore this. Much prefer the extreme version.

raverdudes
raverdudes

Does anybody have a review for "L'Instant d'une eté"? It's a blue version of this one...

AquaCitrus
AquaCitrus

Just got mine yesterday (EDT 125ml ).So this is going to be 1st impressions. The words classy, distinguished, sophisticated and MANLY come to mind instantly! I think this suits men who are 30yrs and over. Very complex, layered and I think it smells best about an hour after spraying on. My nose is not very "experienced" but this really reminds me of the original CK Obsession for Men but with a more pronounced citrus note in the opening. Still getting the scent on my wrist 7hrs after putting it on (thats gotta be good). Might be too early to say if this will go down as one of my "all time favs." but that could easily happen! Just need to see the reaction from the public before I comment on the previous line....Merry X'Mas ma peeps!!

Lost Argonaut
Lost Argonaut

L'Instant de Guerlain EdT is a beautifully constructed masterpiece with a phenomenal fresh citrus opening complimented by comforting warmness of anise and jasmine. This underscored freshness well persists until the drydown, thus, making it so intriguing and addictive. However, the drydown is too short-lived to give the pleasure of the signature Guerlainade. Although the overall longevity of EdT is average, I would give anything to have it last little longer.

L'Instant de Guerlain Eau Extreme - the EdP edition is quite another beautiful story in its own. Instead of the initial citrus burst of the EdT which is now in the background, EdP opens with bitter chocolate accord and develops to intoxicatingly seductive middle and base notes. Its scent life is amazingly enduring - I can honestly smell it on my wrists after a full day and a shower, and on my coat even after few weeks. I've already finished my 4.2 oz bottle of EdT, and now Eau Extreme is also nearing the bottom, I feel like it is never an appropriate time to spend a spritz of such a valuable asset, only to find myself wearing it at bedtime.

If you claim an interest in perfumery, a L'Instant pour Homme is a must in your wardrobe. Get both EDP and EDT if you can afford, but either of them is a true masterpiece.

zecheiroso

Top *****
Heart *****
Base *****
Final score *****

Quoting Sunsetspawn: "At first I thought that this fragrance could dodge bullets, but then I realized that when it's ready, it won't have to.
You can read the other reviews to find out about chocolate this and musk that, however, I'm here to tell you all you need to know.
This is The One"
His review is for the EDP and mine is for the EDT but really...

The good
This thing is marvelous, and everyone seems to love it. From Luca Turin, pedantic basenoters, to the common people. There isn't really much negative to say about it.
Extremely balanced, it's somewhat sexy yet not loud, obnoxious, or potentially offensive.
It does have some punch and yet it's no powerhouse, in-your-face affair.
Subtly gourmandy and yet you can't really say there are obvious foody notes except the cocoa, which is a high quality one even.
The opening is slightly familiar with the citrus but it lasts short anyway.
Durability is good, around 10h for me, and it can resist showers sometimes, even.
Sillage is average but I prefer it that way, so to me, that's perfection.
I can see this one working for many occasions except hot weather and sports.

The bad
It can't really be worn in summertime.
Some think it's a formal scent only.

The ugly
There are people other than myself wearing it.

2011 edit: ok, that's it, I'm giving it 5 stars for all 3 phases. This perfume is hauntingly beautiful.

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

I own the EDP & have tested the EDT! I much prefer the EDP! & here is why. The EDT is a nice offering from Guerlain which opens with a nice citrus burst, a tad of cocoa & woods. In the EDT version the citrus is the more dominant player. While it is nice, it does not last very long for me to get a full bottle! 4-5 hours max is what I get out of the EDT.

Now for the EDP! The first initial blast of this concentration is a heavy, yet sharp dry, bitter cocoa accord with a hint of citrus & woods. This concentration the dry, cocoa is the main player. It last @ least 10 hours on me & is indeed lovely! It leaves a nice lingering aroma for people to follow & its just awesome! Pure class here! For fans looking for a sweet cocoa note, THIS IS NOT YOUR FRAGRANCE! The only sweetness I may get from this is when the citrus & cocoa note collide.

I Would not really call the EDP a straight gourmand, because clearly it is not, but its more so a mixture between a gourmand/oriental if that makes any sense. Not for the faint of heart, or who is looking for something sicking sweet! The EDP is more mature than the EDT & for the $$$ its a better option to go with including the fact that the EDT has longevity issues compared to this! Kudos to Guerlain for this masterpiece!

For whatever reason, my skin just skips the whole top notes down to the heart because I can't pick up anything fruity nor floral. Instead, what I smell is very strong woody with smoky/powdery layers. I get a small amount of bitterness and aromatic cocoa. Vanilla'ish musk eventually shows up at the end; making the scent softer (and still powdery). I find it to be very mature and pleasing. Even with its old fashion vibe, it is very nice indeed and smells rich. Definitely, it's a perfect choice for older gentlemen, and definitely not for me... yet.

This fragrance seems to get a multitude of rave reviews. Even Luca Turin, says that it is hard to find fault in this particular scent.

When I first smelt L'Instant de Guerlain I was very impressed, I couldn't stop smelling it. My only gripe is that I cannot remember this fragrance at all. My mind practically records the way something smells like a text-book. I fear that this fragrance wasn't memorable enough for me.

From what I jotted down on a piece of paper shortly after testing, I remarked at how woodsy and formal this fragrance seemed to be. It had a nice, almost refined approach that is always refreshing to find on a man.

There's a touch of earthy vanilla in there somewhere, which is wafting up to my nose from the scented card, in which the scent has almost all but vanished. I didn't get any of the cocoa that some have mentioned here.

This fragrance didn't last too well unfortunately. However others have found the complete opposite, so I may be re-visiting this fragrance again and quite possibly editing this review in the near future.

periquito89

I did not associate this scent to a funeral, but you know, it really could be use there too, since it is formal, composed and everyone seems to have it on good authority. Could be perfect to attract that beautiful widow in a very gentle manner, better than if you were wearing Very Irresistible. Like or love it, go for it, and you can say so. Dislike or hate it, you can also say so. Personal opinion really counts here. I don't care a bit about to wear L'Instant. But for that beautiful widow ... well, surely I'd use it. For the success I'd use even Versace The Dreamer, the death's scent (I mean, the sexy scent).

olymsailor83
olymsailor83

Funeral? Funeral?!! This classy scent doesnt even deserve to be in the same sentence as funeral! You wanna smell funeral, take a whiff of grey flannel! lol

scenturian

to diorshowman and periquito89!
how do u associate this masterpiece with funeral. if u dont like it dont use it simply!

periquito89

I was amazed by how much this remembered me of Givenchy Very Irresistible Men when I first tried it. My feeling was close, and I had to go back to feel the nuances and particularities of each one to catch the clear differences. Here I see that personal opinion really matters and pass by more refined noses, which could indicates that this scent is far better than that one, and vice versa, as Luca Turin wrote on the “Perfums – The Guide”, co-written with Tania Sanchez, to give L’Instant 4 stars, and to Very Irresistible 1. Would the first be more well and correctly constructed than the second? Maybe, but the eccentricity, or should I say dissonance, is what makes me like Very Irresistible more. L’Instant is surely more composed, and the chocolate note of Very Irresistible screams at the beginning (great!), the whole composition making Givenchy’s a more daring scent, in my point of view.

murysusanto
murysusanto

Amazing guy's EDT, this is a definately a 30 yrs old above guys who will be the center of attention.
I remember smelling something so similar in the past and I think I even owned one.
Can someone refresh my memory, I'll delighted.
Score 8/10

darvish
darvish

شاهکار
همین

da_markos

I want to share my expierience with both version - edt and edp. My previous review can be treat like foreword to whole story...

Chapter 1
I've got small tester of edt version. try it once - no impression. back to scent after almost one year (sic!). than i realised how great it was.

Chapter 2
I've decide to buy it. choose edp version 'coz i thought that "stronger is better". what a disappointment. i didn't find those great opening (that i fall in love) this warm & cool notes in the same time from edt version. for me opening of edp version is cocoa, cocoa and cocoa
i got teach that edp could be totally different than edt... so i gave edp to my father.

Chapter 3
i've decide to buy edt for me. i had got it and start to wear - i was really self-satisfied.
don't know why but from time to time i've decide to wear edp version. after some tests i've realised that it has great drydown (still opening for me is 3x cocoa). like many ppl said - you can easly smell it at clothes after few days.

Chapter 4
Top notes:
Opening of edt is still the championship for me - worm (cocoa ) & cold (powdery notes) at the same time.
Edt 1-0 Edp

Middle notes:
Edt become more and more powdery. Edp fortunetly become to show woods notes (not only cocoa like it was in opening)
Edt 1-1 Edp

Base notes:
Edt become pure powder on me (like Johnson&Johnson) - it's nice but rather nothing special. Edp in base notes is a masterpiece - great woods notes with spinkling of cocoa. Edt 0-1 Edp

Summary

I have Edt version for my pleasure - i like to spray it at my wrist to enjoy this marvelous opening. To full wear i choose Edp.
Very often - before i go out from home - i spray Edp at my chest and neck and Edt at my wrist. just for my pleasure - i can stick my hand to my nose and enjoy great opening for about hour.
I also test now different variants of layering edt on edp at the same parts of my body.

so that's the story of my No 1 (nowadays) scent.
... to be continued (maybe)

P.S. beauty of perfum is that we arent stable with your feelings. we approach to scents very emotionally.

Disconouvo
Disconouvo

dry austeer elegant and so guerlain.

this is a masterpiece, a genius, an awesome fragrance, sofisticaded, sensual, sexy, chic, cocoa with indian jazmin... hmmmm... patchouli, gourmand at its best.....

Floritica64
Floritica64

Please, dont stop making this GUERLAIN pour Homme. I may not be able to go on if you discontinue this magic elixir.

mal23
mal23

This scent is a beautiful classic scent for men 30-50 years old. It seems so pure and uses more natural notes than most fragrances in its price range. Not synthetic or headachy. You can really smell the anise and citrus in the top notes, then it settles down with a warm cacoa and woodsy note that eases your senses . If there are any negatives I think the drydown being a little to powdery, which I do not like in scents. I do not see myself buying this being in my mid 20s, but maybe in the future. Overall a 8/10.

da_markos

Wow! Eau de toilette is marvelous! Edp is good and long lasting but doesn't have this magic that Edt does!! Edt version has perfect balance. Yes - balance is the key. Fresh fruity top/middle notes versus warm and sensual middle/base notes in perfect harmony. In Edp version fresh top/middle notes are violenced mostly by strong cacao... Don't get me wrong - it's still nice but Edp is like hmmmm.... a*men without strong sweetness. wierd, isn't it?

In Edt version cacao is in background. You have to think for a while - "what's that nice note?" and after that realized that is cacao/dark chocolate. It's so nice hidden behind other notes. In Edp version you know it from 1st sniff. It's like opening box with cacao right before making hot drink.

We all know that small variation in particularly notes make the perfume totally different. It is all about! Days, months, years (like E. Roudnitska)... just to find the perfect harmony between component we want to use in perfume. For me Beatrice Piquet found those harmony in Edt. It can has weaker longevity and projection than Edp - i don't care. I prefer to smell scent that charmed me... even it is "only" 3-4 hours.

BIG
BIG

If you intend purchasing this fragrance, buy ONLY the EDP (Eau extreme or Eau de Parfum) since it's the only version that does justice to this truly magnificent scent. Powdery cocoa - YUM!!!

guest_Amro
guest_Amro

simply awesome!!

behzad1280
behzad1280

Classic, Fantastic, Masculine, Sensual and absolutely Remarkable and Unique.
Sillage and longevity are good.

I appreciate it so much ☺

یک عطر مردانهء کاملاً مردانه و کلاسیک و یه خورده سکسی با بوی گرم و تلخ که جون میده واسه مجالس و مهمونی ها با دوام و پخش بوی عالی
واقعاً عالیه
دوستش دارم خیلی

hadris
hadris

i love this smell!

Mariano
Mariano

I agree with Fereiro, I'm desesperated looking for the EDP version, I used near 50ml of EDT and really enjoyed it but on me was very "close to skin". I think that EDP version would work better than EDT + body shower + deo. I can`t wait!! :-)

Fereiro
Fereiro

Beautifull and unique fragrance. More interesting in "fragrance extreme" (EDP) version, wich represents more intensive, deep and warm composition. Since this EDP it has great longevity and sillage. Stays on clothes for weeks. Original EDT is good also, but have average - below average longevity and weak projection. EDP and EDT have much in common, but in fact appear to be a quite different fragrances. EDP version is highly recomended. 9/10.

andrew85
andrew85

this smell so sensual, close to the skin and unique, expensive with good sillage and projection... one of the best oriental perfumes for man ever created... you can smell jasmin, patchouli,cocoa, so Indian, oriental style.. love this masterpiece.. good for Guerlain...

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

One of my favorite of Guerlain.
No great sillage nor longevity (EDT review) for my taste.
I will buy EDP version for sure, just to have more power to this divine juice!

master_Shaiki
master_Shaiki

Smell very exciting and distinctive

costaleo
costaleo

It's great, but did not adapt to my olfative taste. made me feel sick. probably the annise in it... A pity, since it's classy and has great sillage.

scenturian

Another masterpiece from mighty Guerlain.

This is 4edt version.
It is gourmand + oriental woody.
Starts with citrus and cacao which is supported by jasmine sweetness. Sweety chocolatey accord, almost edible, very delicious.
Within 5-10 minutes anise note joins.
This stage lasts about 1 hour. During this stage citrus and anise notes almost fade away and woody notes become more detectable, cedar and patchouli with tea and lavender. Then after about 30minutes becomes a little powdery.
Base is more woody and earthy, cacao is still there. Playing with ur olfaction system, non-stop evolution.

It is dark, mysterious, warm and very delicious scent.
Long lasting with decent sillage.

piperis
piperis

best best best unigue perfume for real man

Chandramukhi
Chandramukhi

The sweet notes in its core are overwhelmingly powerful I'm afraid. Floral notes are too bold and there is too much gourmand cocoa and deep lavender, too intimidating. This fragrance is to be admired in itself, not weared, like many other French perfumes, unlike more intimate and human Italian perfumes.

BrokenSwordii
BrokenSwordii

It is sexy, it is hot, it is musculain you might say, it is a love potion, very attractive, woody, very balanced, luxury, there is something magical about this fragrance..one of the best in my list

nesca1502
nesca1502

Just one word for this fragrance: HOT! I love it, it is sensual and intense, the boy I love wears it and it makes me go all lovey-eyes on him.
I agree that this is one of most "young" Guerlain's fragrances for men, wonderful fragrance.

vdxl
vdxl

A nice fragrance in the line of Gucci Envy and Very Irresistible. Maybe to leathery for me. I would not classify it as just woody spicy, maybe more a leather-woody-floral scent that is classic, long-lasting and refined. It is extremely chic, but really I prefer Very Irresistible as it lacks the "too much" leather notes and the musk.
Note: After purchasing it, I realized it is great too. I love it, it is a little floral( I am perceiving some Jasmine and Hibiscus). It is a great oriental scent, like Jaipur. However, Jaipur is more powerhouse.
Lasting power is excellent for the EDT( If I remember, I wasn't thrilled by the EDP), it gets into your clothes and everything. I get everytime more than 8 even 12 hours. Trust me, for a dry skin like mine this is a miracle. Anyway, I wouldn't wear it in the winter, rather in the fall and spring, as I feel it requires some heat and sun to smell delicious and more soft.

Robert White
Robert White

From all of your reviews, this is going to the top of my list...the women's has been there for a while, too...sounds great! Thanks!

iMaverick
iMaverick

This was my first official Guerlain that I've worn. Prior to that, the name Guerlain really didn't register into my head and that they were a cornerstone of the perfume industry

Yes, I was well aware of the names of the womens perfumes out there, such as Shalimar (of course), Mitsouko and L'Heure Bleue.

All Guerlain perfumes had one thing in common in my eyes--they were all too mature smelling for me...until L'Instant.

L'Instant perfectly zeroes in on the 20-30 something market. Anise to me is such a thrilling note--more complex than cinnamon or nutmeg and not as sharp. It was incorporated so well into this fragrance. Let's not forget to mention the gourmand caramel macchiato accord and hints of their signature Guerlinade. They also make and EdP version of the scent (which is the picture of the black bordered bottle on this page), heavy on the patchouli and anise, which is great when you are like me with Guerlain scents--they don't last long enough because of the large use of natural essences which is not as longlasting as synthetic ones.

Since then I've been able to grasp the concept of Guerlain and have happily tried and worn many of their scents.

wildheaven
wildheaven

A must have, you can smell every single ingredient as the fragrance evolves. It never gets boring, when it feels familiar you notice a touch of nice weirdness, when it feels strange you notice the comforting side of the gourmand notes. All the ingredients feel natural, unique and harmonic.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Guerlain is a true "Queen" in terms of perfumery, at least in my opinion. All of its colognes are made with refinement and transmit "richness" in the way they react on your skin, in your bottles, etc.

L'instant is a skin scent of immediate contrasts; It's cold, hot and sexy at the same time. A mix of sensuality and severity.
In its composition, we can find notes of jasmine, lilac, lavender, citrus, tea, sandalwood, hibiscus seed and cocoa. Its aroma is enigmatic and engaging: a delicious white chocolate sensation with flowers and woods.

Personally, I think it combines better with cold climates and nocturnal events, where you want to be noticed and praised. The projection is good and the lasting is excellent!

As the name says, an instant, a unique moment where everything can be different!

Cris_Venesza
Cris_Venesza

Beautiful scent .........if you want a perfect man then he must wear L'instant de Guerlain ....sensual and mysterios

Galleddrim
Galleddrim

This is very good. Shares some middle-note qualities with Lolita Lempicka. Mostly the sweet anise. But L'instant has a bit more to balance it out. I like both. This is a bit more formal, more refined than Lolita Lempicka, which is more suited for casual play.

Eros
Eros

Reminds me Burberry "Brit" but scent is more solid, more complex, classy with added "expensiveness". Moderately sharp. Drydown is a bit cofee-cacao. Sadly, not my style.

originaldeftom

This has got to be MY signature fragrance as it sums up everything I am or would like to be as a person: Classic, elegant, intelligent, sophisticated, natural, honest, luxurious, warm and charming. Most notably, I felt so instantly comfortable with the scent as it triggers strong early childhood emotions reminiscing baking with my mom in the kitchen for Christmas. There are elements of lemon, nutmeg, cinnamon, anis spice, pepper, ginger, muscat, orange, and of course plenty of vanilla. It is by far the best scent Guerlain has ever produced according to my nose.

fqjcior
fqjcior

One of a kind, bitter-sweet, woody-spicy frangrance for men. It starts with sweety notes with hint of citrus. The it dries down through wonderful Lapsang Tea and cocoa seed heart to woody, ambery basenotes. Beautiful, elegant, modern and very....Guerlain-like. I wear it in the winter time (so now is the time) and I think it best suits cold, frosty weather, when snow covers the earth. Because of its sensuality it is very good for evening wear. Very nice and classy scent indeed! There is something in it what makes this scent exclusive, high class. Who knows - maybe it is the mysterious guerlinade note?

Pietze
Pietze

One of the most beautiful scents for men. Some say, it's not a good Guerlain perfume, but I have to disagree! So many facets, beautiful opening with notes of star anise and citrus, long lasting warm notes, a very good drydown. Works perfectly with the chemistry of my skin. It was mere chance that I tested this one - thank you Guerlain!

gigimarketing

Absolutely amazing...can't stop smelling this...it is so deep, so intense, so sensual...

gigimarketing

I think is very sensual...it is real masculine, how a man should smell

afraafra
afraafra

The opening is citrusy and not to my taste but has great drydown very sensual,

iroonwood
iroonwood

Top fo the tops , a must have

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme by Guerlain 4.25 out of 5 based on 1389 ratings and 221 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.