Designers » F-H » Woody Spicy « Groups

dislike

I have it: 1741 I had it: 274 I want it: 1572 My signature: 83

cacao
L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme Guerlain for men Pictures

L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Eau Extreme is launched in 2005 as the more intense, richer, smokier and deeper version of the original fragrance. The perfume opens with notes of crystal citruses, star anise and elemi. Neroli, patchouli flower, Indian jasmine and Lapsang tea are the heart of the composition, laid on the base of cedar, Mysore sandalwood, cocoa, patchouli and hibiscus seed. The nose is Beatrice Piquet.

It is available as 75 ml Eau de Parfum.

Citruses Star Anise elemi

pontifex maximus

this is it!

pixeldiary
pixeldiary

Very Very Very Good Frag. Spray on my neck, My wife turn on, and She drive me like crazy. RAWR!!

10/10.

Jose Marcos

A batch number isn't an individual number for each item but alarge quantaty of bottles that were produced at a certain time, month, year, etc...

Jose Marcos

Apparentely, 2v01 is from August 2012. I always think a tester is a safe option in the internet. My LIDG is a tester in a white box and very little information but the batch code is on it and matches the bottle. I think our perception of a scent gets tired after a while, nose fatigue. That's all. If you ask people around you they will say they can sense it although you can't. Hope it's helpful.

Dad jax
Dad jax

I need some help, i bought 2 testers on a good price just now though i have a half bottle of original with box, now the question; the testers i bought are with white box written only Guerlain on them and not extreme and on both bottles there is same code 2vo1 wtf? same code on both bottles which is even matching and now the tricky scene when i spray its so loud like real extreme but vanishes in an hour, wtf is going on??guys help a bit

LadyKiller
LadyKiller

It is a love or hate fragrance but If you love it you will love it like crazy.Rich mysterious dark and all you need in a fall/winter fragrance.

FlashAdler221
FlashAdler221

I enjoy LIDGE as well. I would never ever wear it to the office though. It's not a work safe fragrance. It's more appropriate for the club or some other social event. Like I would never wear my beloved Dior Homme Intense to work. It's Sexy but it's not professional. I think LIDGE has in the same camp. Just my 2 cents.

crypticat
crypticat

One of my favorites. The only downside is that by the afternoon people around me at work say," ugghh… who's wearing the patchouli oil?"

now im in love with, my collection number 1 favorite

sharmap14

Sure this has major fan following, but for people calling this top notch please go try bois 1920 oltremare or sushi imperiale or dolce di giorno.. now those fragrances blow even tom fords out of the competition on any given day winter summer fall day or night. this fragrance isn't even gourmand.. its spicy oriental theres no vanilla or tonka or sugar or any sweet notes in this. jus powdery cocoa

saoudn
saoudn

Perfect not thing to say more (5/5). But before reformulation(4/5)perhaps less.

rafa_moura
rafa_moura

Simply the number one in my collection.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

I ordered my bottle of LIDGE directly from the Toronto Guerlain Boutique back in Spring and have been waiting months to try it. I honestly didn't have high-expectations since I had already tested my bottle of LIDG and found it to be less-than-stellar, but not a scrubber.

Now that Fall is upon us, I applied this Cocoa Butter...er, fragrance on my skin earlier this evening. I do not feel it is a manly fragrance; it's certainly not a sexy fragrance; and I cannot see anyone wanting to wear this scent on their skin. The women in my life do not like this one in any form or fashion. Checking my fragrance database, women do not like DHI, Tuscan Leather, and they now do not like LIDGE. They are lying or trying not to hurt your feelings if they say otherwise.

On a positive note, I don't mind wearing LIDG...I now find it much more wearable. Moreover, this fragrance lasts a long time and projects very well on my skin, so it's a good bang for the suck...er, I mean buck. In summary, I do not like rubbing cocoa butter on my skin...it's just not my thing, and I do not like this fragrance. Sorry! @sharmap14 I suspect you have a genuine bottle of this fragrance because my came directly for Guerlain and I'm smelling the same odor.

Shaheen
Shaheen

Opens with a powdery, bittersweet cocoa note. Incorporates star anise and a bit of spice. Less citric and more gourmand than the original.

labibu28
labibu28

I always use this when i'm with my girlfriend and you just can't go wrong with this guy. I'll purchase another bottle, for sure..

sharmap14

i ordered from amazon, the bottle and packaging seems legit however the scent itself isn't what all the reviewers describe it as, i feel like ive been ripped off so if anyone knows of a legit place that has the real stuff let me know cuz the one i have just smells like cocoa butter... its not sweet or sexy or anything :(

dmyers
dmyers

This is my favorite scent. I wish I could wear it year round but in CA it just doesn't work in the warmer months. I've bought a few bottles from the Canadian Guerlain boutique a year apart and have had no problems with, or noticed a reformulation of any kind. Just my .02

Thecameltotem
Thecameltotem

Just to help.

I have the 3T01 and it's strong as hell, lasts 17 hours and projects like crazy. I never go more than 2 sprays and even that can be too much. So if it was stronger before I wouldn't mind them toning it down a bit.

Knightofwands
Knightofwands

I have 2 bottles of LIDGE, one with the black edge 4N01, manufactured Jan 2014 and one without the black edge 4T01, manufactured June 2014.
I did a straight side by side comparison, 2 moderate sprays to each hand. To my nose (and skin), they are identical in the dry down and beyond, lasting well over 14 hours, even with washing.
This is a spectacular scent, and I get most of the notes mentioned by others on here.
I don't have the benefit of having tried earlier formulations, but IF these are reformulations, then they're bloody good ones! I love the oily texture and the feel of pure quality and sophistication.
This is my signature, and a masterpiece alongside the fabulous Habit Rouge, Guerlain Homme Intense and, of course, Guerlain Vetiver.
I also have a bottle of L'Instant EDT which, although a beautiful scent, is IMO, the weaker sibling in this duo.

@Orlygrazi
Totally agree with your for/against reformulation argument. Sounds really logical!

Plus:
I read on Monsieur Guerlain's weblog @highlights about the Habit Rouge edt:
"Another good news is that Thierry Wasser is trying, as we speak, to do some amazing tricks in the laboratory and make things better"

So I thought: when he's doing tricks on Habit Rouge, he's probably done tricks on the other perfumes with 'problematic substances' as well.

Orlygrazi

@Pour Homey- I actualy think that there is validity to your statement regarding different quality batches. These IFRA regulations must have perfumers scrambling- especially if they have to work around having one of the main notes in their perfume being prohibited or restricted, as is the case with the star anise in LIDGE. There's plenty of evidence on both sides that are for/against the reformulation argument. Take the 'Raiders of the Lost Scent' investigation for example, where they tested different batches from 2009-2013 and found 'no differences between batches, at all'. I also found no difference between my 2010 and 2013 bottles. Then there are people much more experienced than I that are absolutely sure there was a reformulation. Furthermore, you state that there are differences from 2013 to 2014. To me that points to maybe there being some variance between batches. Maybe Guerlain really is trying to improve on the new formula after the IFRA restrictions. I just hope that this doesn't turn into a second instace of the famed Creed batch number madness we all know.

Pour Homey

LIDGE is in my top 5 for many years now.
I have a 2010 bottle, and did a side by side test with a 2013 bottle to see if the reformulation buzz was for real. The 2013 bottle wasn't mine, but a friend let me use his. I really smelled a difference with the anise right off the top. It smelled stronger from the 2010 bottle. I think the difference will be even clearer when it gets cold here.
My friend didn't notice the difference at first, but that was because he didn't pause between smelling his two arms. If you do a test, wait a minute or so before you smell the other arm. Don’t want your nose to get confused.

After spending some time on the internet, I also found the ifra website and the pdf no. 46 from 2011. It SxCKS!, but it´s a fact. It really says restrictions on star anise, elemi and so on. So these were no illusions from reviewers below.
I’ve tried to find a new 2010 bottle, but this seems impossible. So I decided to choose the 2013 LIDGE over the 2014, since the 2013 is closer to the 2010. I had a 2014 bottle, without the black rims, but sold it not long ago. When I compared it side by side with the older bottles, the 2014 was less good. But on its own it was still a solid frag, it was still LIDGE!, so this isn't bad news for the fans.

I was thinking, maybe some of the confusion here comes because there are too many differences between the batches, like with Creed perfumes? Or Guerlain’s perfumer is doing tricks between the batches, like trying to improve the formula again?

Orlygrazi

I have loved LIDGE since I bought my first bottle in 2013. The sensual cocoa, perfectly flanked by the star anise is rounded out by the patchuli note. A perfect blend that shouts and echoes sensuality.

But others have described this frangrance much more thoroughly than I, therefore I will leave it at this. A Masterpiece.

Now I am hearing a lot of talk of a reformulation to my beloved fragrance and seeing that my first bottle is from 2013,and the reformulation supposedly took place in 2011, then surely I thought, I must have the reformulation. How much better could this heavenly scent get? So I searched until I came about a pre-reformulation 2010 bottle in new condition.

The result...

The exact same fragrance. Not that I am complaining, as I love LIDGE. But testing them out side by side I get the same amount of cocoa and star anise from both batches. Furthermore, longetivity for both is still excelent (Over 12 hours on my skin) with good sillage. Now I can not directly counter other's claims to the contrary, as I can only vouch for my two batches, from 2010 and 2013. However, at least in my experience, L'Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme remains the same masterpiece now as it was then.

aucffan1

I repost this periodically for all the frangrance nuts.. I do not work for Guerlain..

I am copy / pasting this info from below because I see this product going for over $100 US on Ebay and other sites... Buy it.. you'll love it. Here is my post from August 2013..

This is very hard to find.. Try buying from Guerlain's Boutique in Toronto, Canada.. For 75 ml bottle the price is $80.00 US dollars and free shipping to the USA.. In the USA I just dialed area code and number..Still $80.00 US dollars as of 1-21-2014...

Phone: +1 416-929-6114

The package came within 3 days....And very important you need to sign for the package.... I guess if you are not home you will have to go pick it up.. Or they will try the next day.. Luckily I was home..

aleksandar.dragas6

this reformulation made me buy 3 more bottles, hope I'll have it forever because there's nothing like this diamond..

beibinis
beibinis

L'instant de guerlain Extreme - dark masculine fragrance.It is often compared to DHI but they are not similiar at all. They both have chocolate vibe but dhi is like milk chocolate and lidge - bitter chocolate.

another main players are patchouli and sandalwood which give this darkness and dry feeling to the scent. U can also detect some citrus at the very beginning.Scent is quite linear, does not change too much.
Performance is outstanding. Longevity is up to 18hours with very noticable projection. I don't know which version (original or reformulated) I have because it's just a decant but I am impressed.

Versatility - night outs and formal occasions. Tried to wear it during the day but it felt weird. Too dark.

When I smell this I imagine a well dressed man (smth like a R.Gosling character from Crazy stupid love) having a drink in a lounge bar.It is definitely not a t-shirt and jeans fragrance.

For me it is going to be a buy if reformulation didn't spoil this well made fragrance.

If you are looking for a dark/manly scent for night-time use - go for a blind buy.

putra440
putra440

Parfum yang luar biasa, "axe effect" yg real dapat kita rasakan kalau mengunakan parfum ini :)

Hubbubah
Hubbubah

Ok, this one is really rumbling with the "reformulation" buzz. This made me hesitant to purchase me a bottle. With the mixed info here from the diehard "it IS reformulated" to the "it's still great" vantage points, I thought it a good idea to buy a bottle and venture myself.

I'm not going to voice much upon the notes but on my user experience with a 2014 bottle of LIDGE I just received a couple days ago. The first day out with this was a 5-6 or possibly a tad more on the sprays due to the reformulation rumble. I had every person I met with tell me I was overpowering on the "smell." They all liked it but many started to stand a distance when talking to me for up to 6-8 hrs after I sprayed it on. This was obviously too much. I will comment on the scent here that it is rich and deep and lush with that lovely coco vanilla. However my first wearing was cloying. Next time I wore it I did 3 sprays and had some people say it was strong but not overpowering. Anyhow that's my experience with a new bottle of LIDGE. I certainly cannot be biased here and I'll hand it to those who say it is reformulated. Possibly whatever Guerlain reformulated in it is not congenial with their skin and therefore lacks in performance? That could be a possibility. Why I hand it to them is it's their experience as they have had the older stuff which I haven't. Hopefully this helps enlighten on the subject, that those holding off on the purchase might not feel to hold back. I love the smell and I actually bought two bottles of it! I don't challenge anyone to spout about what I have typed here, it is my true life user experience with my first bottle of LIDGE. I'm loving it and I hope it stays this good!

The batch on both bottles are 4S01.

thiefofnoses
thiefofnoses

I was ambivalent about this at first - I found it overtly 'perfumey' for want of a better word - but it has really grown on me. Indeed, if one said, "Tell me what you imagine a sophisticated Frenchman (or woman) would wear on a cool Paris evening," I would point to LIDGE and say, "There ya go mate."

Now, the smell. Cacao, yes. Star anise? A little. Patchouli? Yep. Lapsang tea? Wouldn't have picked that one but now that I read it I can see where it's coming from. That said, I personally find it quite hard to pick out notes in this blend. One thing it does remind me of is body odour, but in a good way. Not the skanky Serge Lutens MKK or L'Air de Rein body odour, but the body odour of someone who hasn't showered for a couple of days but has stayed perfectly clean (and hasn't perspired) during that time. Of course the cacao etc is still there, but that is the best way I can explain it.

This and Dior Homme Intense seem to be universally loved and if I may use another of my strained analogies, where DHI is the the man of the world living up in the city, LIDGE is his lifelong friend who lives in a manor house on a country estate and who enjoys the finer but always traditional things in life. DHI visits occasionally and they tear it up reminiscing about old times.

Sillage is excellent without being overpowering (although 2-3 sprays will do) and longevity is excellent. I feel it is really only suited to the cooler months though, as on a summer day it would just smell weird (in my humble opinion)

S.Banks
S.Banks

Dry bitter oranges, cacao, patchouli, and while its not in the note breakdown, it actually smells like creamy vanilla in this too.

This is linear yet complex. Each note compliments the next sooo beautifully that I go almost go crazy too when I smell this on myself. Did I mention women love this? With that being said though, there are some "trained" noses who say this reminds them of old ladies. And to be honest sometimes I too picture that old candy lady from my church sitting in the front section of the pulpit, with that BIG pink sunday hat on...But who gives a damn, this stuff is amazing.

I'm 21, but I feel anyone can pull this off hell wear what you want but I would save this for the colder months as it will become cloying on hot days or nights. This is signature worthy for colder weather. (Besides Daddy La Nuit)

Scent: 9 out of 10
Longevity: 9 out of 10
Projection: 9 out of 10

-Masterpiece
ps Careful on trigger

mamali1976
mamali1976

Perfect..one of the best scent
يكى از بهترين هاى مردانه
جذاب
قوى
باكلاس
خوشبو
بادوام

Housebliss

This was the first fragrance I reviewed on here. Probably my favourite fragrance at the time, and I still really like it. I liked it so much I decided to get 6 back-up bottles a couple of years ago. The first one I bought in 2012 (a 2011 bottle) is still 2/3 full (perfumes last longer than you might think).

I can only comment on the 2011 bottle:
- Sillage is roughly 4 miles in width.
- Longevity, well, lasting power on skin is roughly 8 days.

My point is that I can't imagine this being reformulated at any time before 2011, rendering it weaker. One of the other bottles I have is also from 2011, and the others are from 2012. I have no idea how the ones from 2012 smell though.

Maybe I'll do a comparison with a 2014 bottle to see if there are any differences.

jimmyo1

This is quite worrying reading so many reviews about peoples dudd weak bottles of Lidge.

Personally, mine (edp + black frame) was purchased in April this year from John Lewis and is quite outstanding in projection and longevity (and smell)
Have not checked the batch # or anything so not sure when it was produced.
Its probably the strongest scent in my collection actually.

Now I am a little worried about re-purchasing as I have about 35ml left and will look to top up again by end of the year latest.

This is not good news!!!!

What are you doing Guerlain?

RAG1987

JeanMaurice I also bought a 2014 bottle and compared it with an older bottle. Slight difference however I still smell my 2014 batch 8 days later on my jacket. It seems to last longer on fabric than on skin. I don't work for Guerlain though have a fairly inexciting job and live in Sunny Scotland.

hamed perfumer
hamed perfumer

The best perfume of Guerlain for ever!!!
It's immortal !

moniote
moniote

LVMH And l OREAL ...same fight ! Money making against quality ! When it came out , this EDP had a tremendous POWER of diffusion And one of the most perfect sillage ! The good Old days are gone ...! Reformulation made its Way ..unfortunately ! Once beautiful this fragrance in its EDP version IS now useless ! And i don t even imagine what the EDT Became .... Shame ...!

Sylver1

you must work for Guerlain or LV group.

The reformulation is NOT a rumour or any fabulation, it is OUR NOSE! I told that I CAN'T smell it 2 hours after putting 5 or 6 sprays! My previous bottle had the same trouble. The last one I had with full power was the 2010 one, 2-3 sprays for a 6-8 hours duration and a 3-6 feets sillage. Even once I only applied ONE spray and someone compliments me 4 hours later, asking "you smell good, what is your perfume?". Now, even my GF can't smell it after 1 hour with 4-5 sprays, sometimes up to 10 sprays... Is it RUMOURS, FABULATIONS, or am I COMPLETELY INSANE or lost my SENSE OF SMELL?
you must be right, we are making rumours and we are good for X-Files conspiracy...

Pjotr
Pjotr

Buy new bottle 2 days ago, no more black skirts. I can smell this it otherwise than first bottle I buy from 2009. Where is strong power?

I always think LIDGE will be changed some day, it was to rich, luxe. Butt I believe most people will not smell difference. Many people don't have very good nose. Or pay attention.

Yes, don't panic.
Ignorance is bliss!
meaning= a lack of knowledge results in happines.
That why perfume industrials always say: noooooooooooooooooooo, our perfumes never change... and people want to believe this becaus it safe. No more thinking

no ofence butt guerlain homme and wood was only cheapend in bottle and cap. Other guerlain was cheapend in bottle and cap + perfume. Thers not 1 rule for all perfume you know.

Sylver1

I bought also a 2014 batch of LIDGE, with the new bottle (that does not have the dark frame anymore).

Don't worry, performance is the same as the "old" one. In the first 15 mins the new one appears to be a little more citric, but after that they are identical. There is no clear reformulation, ignore opinions stating otherwise. There seems to be a trend with some people going by rumours (happened before in some other cases as well). It is enough for someone to post an opinion about a reformulation and panic starts. In this case it is not real though.

Plus, Guerlain also changed a little while ago the bottle of Homme and the cap of L'Eau Boisee and the formula remained the same.

@aurora.australis: it is original, they just changed the bottle. Guerlain website does not sell fakes.

aurora.australis905
aurora.australis905

I visited Guerlain ofgicial website, and I saw both versions of the bottle. So, if you have extreme packed in regular bottle without dark frame,I think that is not original. Someone else.....?

naveed.akber
naveed.akber

I am very disappointed. Certainly they have reformulated … no projection .. no longevity . First I thought my friend bought a copy back in uk but he showed me the receipt from very renewed and trusted online perfume seller… anyway it is total garbage

PeymanAhi
PeymanAhi

عجیبه که قیمتش انقدر مناسبه! کیفیت و رایحه و پخش و موندگاریش فوق العاده بالاست.. بسیار شیک ! شاید پسوند جنتلمن تنها می بایست روی این کلون میبود!

AND-MAT

Reading these new reviews about my favourite fragrance worries me now!

Last year I bought a full 75ml bottle of LIDGE and I am perfectly fine with it. I use it sparingly though! It smells deep, rich and complex. But, all this talk about a reformulation makes me sad! Why reformulate a perfume that was such a success for Guerlain?

I am happy though, because I think I bought the pre reformulation bottle. I hope they fix this because their new male fragrance is really underwhelming! Not bad but safe! (Talking about l'Homme Ideal) and now they ruin LIDGE?

I don't know what to say... But, they better fix this!
(I did not smell the new composition, so this is not a review. I am just expressing my feelings about the reformulation.)

**EDIT of original review September 18th 2012

I have recently read reviews about the reformulation of my favourite fragrance. I had a bottle and a half to get through before buying another. The time came that I was so curious to try a new bottle that I bought one, I was nervous as I did not know what to expect. I ordered from Escentual and received this last week. Firstly the bottle I have HAS CHANGED it has no black sides and base, it is now identical to the EDT bottle only with the Eau De Parfum lettering. Now for my first spray, the smell upon first spray to me is pretty much the same as my original older bottle if anything I find there only to be a slight difference. One spray on my arm and boy is it oily. Has always been an oily parfum so to me that was a good sign however my new bottle seems slightly oilier.

The drydown seems the same and the scent all round resembles the fragrance I fell in love with. Although something to my nose detects something ever so slightly different maybe a tad tweaked but it still seems quite strong. 7 hours later and I still smell that one spray on my arm just as although it doesn't have the same strength as the original. It is still radiating and I still Love LIDGE if she has changed then this batch of reformulation seems to have been handled relatively well. My bottle is from May 2014 perhaps she has improved from the first or second reformulation I don't know as I had a few bottles purchased and stored from 2010/11 so hadn't purchased any from then until now. Still have 3/4 of an original bottle that I will keep as well as my new bottle. I am currently in the process of a side by side skin comparison. I have always been aware that LIDGE is the type of scent that it flounces about with the body heat and movement, it comes and it goes, you think you can't smell it then bam it surprises you with a rich waft of sweet strength. I keep smelling my left arm (the May 2014 bottle) and the smell really seems not too much different to that of the spray on my right arm.

I am not an expert but I am not untrained with my scents. I am very picky and over the years of collecting various fragrances I am now able to detect all the notes and often pick similar notes up in different fragrances now. LIDGE was has been my first true love in a bottle as a mature scent wearer. In my Teens I wore JOOP! (don't shoot me please)

I have always insisted on wearing scents that last all day and linger on me. I absolutely detest airy fragrances that fade within the hour. By my own judgement LIDGE still has the same essence of the original, during the current reformulation I suspect that they have tried to improve on any flaws with previous batches to maintain the unique quality that this fragrance is renowned for. I tend to find that Guerlain fragrances perform extremely well on fabric. Even Guerlain suggest and recommend this. My new bottle has lasted the 24 hours on my shirt so far. Can't complain about that in my opinion. Someone cuddles me I want them to smell me, I don't want people to smell me from the other side of an auditorium thanks to a fragrance. So if LIDGE does indeed prove to lack Projection (not that I have noticed)) then I don't mind so long as the scent lasts on my skin.

I wish people would stop bashing Guerlain though as with any fragrance that is reformulated it is down to restrictions set with the IFRA who restrict the use of certain ingredients/products in fragrances due to people with allergies and such like. It is not always about fragrance houses wanting to use cheaper ingredients or rising costs of cacao. There was a big write up online about fragrance houses worrying about the effects of such restrictions being made on them. People may need to inform themselves before criticising the Guerlain's, Dior's and Chanel's of the fragrance world.

Some people are obsessed with a whole room smelling them before they even walk into a room. Not all fragrances should be loud and LIDGE is one of those fine fragrances. Just like you don't drink a refined vintage wine to get hammered on a night out, it should be enjoyed with a bit of class. Unless you are in the One Million clubbing scene necking Jaeger bombs then please don't knock this scent new or old. If you haven't yet tried LIDGE then please try with an open mind and do not allow the reviews or opinions of others (including my own) to influence your opinion.

MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND :)

ORIGINAL REVIEW 18/09/12

WOW!!! This really is amazing, not a lot more I can add to what has already been expressed by numerous member reviews but seriously this is "THE BITCH". I love DHI but this one is in a league of it's own and basically blows everything else out of the water. This stuff really lingers and the smell is just out of this world. Read on a few sites and also on the description of an ebay listing that this was or is being discontinued. I thought how the hell can this be true, but after contacting Guerlain directly, they reassured me that this wasn't the case. I am buying a full bottle on Friday when I am paid. The great thing is here in the UK I can buy it from John Lewis, House of Fraser, Debenhams and Selfridges. I can see myself being entangled in a long term love affair with this one.... 10/10 ***** AMAZING

Sailinder
Sailinder

Name: L’instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extrême.
Perfume Company: Guerlain.
Perfumer: Béatrice Piquet.
Launched in: 2005.
Concentration: Eau de Parfum.
Gender: Male.
Professional Fragrance Classification:
▪ The Technical Commission of the French Society of Perfumers;
E4 - Boisé ambré / Woody amber.
▪ Michael Edwards; Woody Oriental fresh.
My rating (on paper and on my skin): 10/10.
Date of review: July 22nd 2014.

I’m glad to see that the amount of people doing (at least some) investigative work before posting their reviews/comments on Fragrantica, is gradually increasing. After reading reviews on this and other websites, weblogs and watching YouTube, I often wonder whether people really love a fragrance through and through, or just claim to do so but are ‘parroting the masses’. Because in this case, it’s hard for me to understand what’s so special about this fragrance after its reformulation…

Sadly, but yes, L’instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extrême was reformulated a few years ago. On June 27th 2011 the International Fragrance Association (IFRA) issued amendment 46, which restricted star anise and elemi oil. And it’s exactly this higher grade of star anise and elemi oil in combination with patchouli and the dark cocoa note (these notes form the main accord) that gives this unique perfume its lush, delectable spicy, and powdery temptation. Be aware though, this accord can only be fully detected (and appreciated along with the other meticulously integrated notes - hibiscus seeds, sandalwood, hints of jasmine, lapsang tea etc.) during cold days/ in deep winter. When you apply this perfume during non-cold days, the star anise for instance will appear absent, and the stronger base notes will dominate already from the opening.
Please realize also that Mrs. Piquet took the classical fragrance pyramid in account when she was skilfully crafting this perfume ten years ago. This pyramid deserves to be unfolded at the right pace, and for that it requires only low temperatures. And ultimately, without becoming ‘scentimental’: I kind of imagine that when we wear this perfume during days that make it unfold perfectly, we not only fully enjoy it, but we also pay the perfumer a small form of public homage for leaving us/the world such a masterpiece.

The reformulated version smells much less exciting to me (on paper as well as on my skin). The cocoa for instance smells airy and only a hint of spiciness can still be detected. I however have to add, that I haven’t tested any bottle with a batch code indicating post March 2013. The reason I mention this, is that Guerlain has reformulated some of their fragrances again during 2013-2014, and in some cases the second reformulation smells at least better than the first reformulation.
Let me also express the opinion that we (the consumers) should not judge severely on Guerlain or other perfume companies for reformulating their fragrances (especially since 2008). It’s the IFRA that for ridiculous and obscure reasons is pushing the ‘reformulation business’. Still, the perfume companies should be open and honest about reformulations, instead of denying everything… For example: I’ve asked the Hèrmes company several times in the past about reformulations, and always got a straight answer! Guerlain, still my favourite house, really should change their policy at this point.

After a lot of searching I managed to find a total of five pre-reformulated bottles in mint condition during 2012-2013. The batch codes were 5K01 (October 2005), 7L01 (November 2007), 0N01 (January 2010), 0W01 (September 2010) and 1R01 (April 2011). I kept one 2010 and the 2011 bottle, and sold the others to befriended collectors for the same price I bought them for (I’m sorry, I won't sell my last two vintage* bottles).

My advice to people who are going to try to find the original perfume: check the batch code first. If you want to be a 100% sure, buy only bottles from before July 2011. However, it is possible that Guerlain did not immediately effectuate the restrictions. It is possible that the IFRA set a deadline, that gave perfume companies some time to reformulate. To my regret, I never found a deadline concerning the 46th amendment, but I remember that the draconic 43rd amendment issued in July 2008, had a deadline in August 2010. In reality however, the perfume companies reformulated their fragrances far before this 2010 deadline, just to be compliant with the new standard and not to get in trouble (the majority of the retailers for example can and will only sell IFRA compliant products). Anyway, there’s still a possibility that bottles from July until December 2011 contain the vintage version.
Furthermore: I tested many bottles and samples from between January 2012 until March 2013. To be most accurate I tested them inside, as well as outside the house, and only during cold winter days of 2012 and 2013 (when it was between 0 ºC and 6 ºC / 32 ºF and 42.8 ºF. And the air humidity was above 50%, so that the nose could sense well). I tested every batch at least two times. All bottles and samples were also kept in perfect balance.**
Despite finding just one person (an esteemed blogger) on the internet, who took the time to smell different batches from different years and came to the conclusion that there probably had been no reformulation (“there are no significant differences”), I have no doubt whatsoever***; the perfume of every later batch didn’t smell as good as the perfume of any of the pre-July 2011 bottles I had!
I didn’t found much difference in the boxes or bottles though, but the era that it was easy for a perfume collector to recognize a reformulation by visual changes in boxes or bottles seems to be passing anyway. The only change I did notice was that the older bottles had heavy plastic caps, as if weight had been added to them (you could compare this development to the golden caps of Habit Rouge, Héritage and Vétiver, that were replaced by silver caps during the past decade).

Second tip for ‘perfume hunters’: the chances are quit slim that you’ll find a sealed vintage bottle in a store that is part of a chain (like Sephora, Planet Parfum, Douglas, ICI Paris XL etc.). These stores had to send their stocks back to Guerlain, because Guerlain France ordered it so (ask an experienced sales person in the store, and maybe he still remembers that this happened. Unfortunately I couldn't exactly pinpoint when the vintage stocks were send back; one person believed that it happened somewhere in 2011, in an other store they believed early 2012). The older stocks were all replaced with reformulated bottles. What happened to the vintage bottles? In the end I found out that they were destroyed...! At least that is what I was told by Guerlain Netherlands, who were remarkably open about the reformulation in the initial contact. I can only imagine that this operation must have been quit costly at the time for Guerlain (Dior did the same thing for example with Eau Sauvage in January 2008).
The only vintage bottles you'll probably still find in perfume chain-stores are testers. I came across several vintage testers in 2012 and 2013 (when I was already searching for other fragrances). Some were still perfectly balanced, but I also encountered bottles in which the perfume notes had shifted to a lesser or greater degree, or the smell overall had become dim. Tester bottles often are displayed in (artificial) light, also the citrus note is especially vulnerable for warmth. So smell before you buy!

I found my vintage bottles in a few perfume stores in the Netherlands and Belgium, that were never part of a chain. Sadly, such ‘one-man shops’ are close to extinction, since their prices are often (much) higher. Luckily for perfume aficionados, in these stores vintage perfumes at least still can be found! So do try these kinds of stores please.

And last but not least there’s eBay. You will have to ask the seller for every batch code and hopefully he’s willing to provide you this. A batch code can be found within a white square at the bottom of the box, directly above the barcode, and must have been pressed into the paper. The batch code at the bottom of the box can also be found underneath the bottle. Both should always correspond.

A side remark: English is not my native language, so there might be mistakes here and there in the text.
Anyway, I hope this lengthy review proves helpful and I wish you all good luck in finding a well preserved vintage bottle.

S. Oedairamsingh

• Note - July 23rd 2014: I had written my review almost entirely from memory, and adjusted some data after closely checking my investigation from 2012-2013. I also forgot to mention when I exactly started to suspect that this fragrance was reformulated. This was in February 2012 after I had bought a new bottle, with batch code 2N01 (January 2012). First thing I noticed was that the star anise smelled weak. Then I did a side by side comparison with my first bottle which was almost empty (a bottle from 2005) and noticed that the star anise-difference was even clearer, along with the cocoa note that smelled airy. After this I compared both bottles with a vial (also with batch code 2N01) I had managed to get from an other store, and noticed the same differences. I examined the bottles more closely and noticed that the plastic cap of the new bottle was lighter. From there on my investigation began, leading to the discovery of the 46th IFRA amendment (Annex I Part II), speaking to a chemist about Methyl eugenol, estragole etc. I finished my investigation in March 2013. Since then, I have smelled only once from a later batch (July 2013) in a busy store during winter 2014. However, this was too brief to call it a test.

• Final update - July 29th 2014: The graceful bottle with the black ‘frame’ has sadly been discontinued, both the EdT and EdP now come in the same transparent bottle. It’s even more clear to me now that a reformulation took place, but it happened step by step, covering a period of more than two years.
_____________________________________________________

* In my opinion the word 'vintage' has (attained) a different meaning in the world of perfume than in the world of wine, clothing, books etc. It doesn’t mean that the materials used derive from one specific year (like with wine), that it automatically represents a certain quality, or that is has to have a certain age before it can be labelled as vintage. The first/original release of any perfume becomes a vintage as soon as it’s reformulated!

I’ve invented a system that consists out of just four categories, in which any perfume can be placed. In short:
1. Original/ Classic/ Pre-reformulated/ Vintage fragrances.
2. Reformulated fragrances.
3. Discontinued fragrances.
4. Not reformulated fragrances.

** After extensive research and advice from Mr. Jean Kérleo, former master perfumer at Jean Patou and founder of the Osmothèque in Versailles, I started storing my (vintage) fragrances at the usage temperature, in a high quality wine fridge since 2012. The fridge is extremely temperature steady; a fluctuation of less than one degree.

I’ve noticed that there are a growing number of perfume aficionados/collectors since 2010/2011. If you are someone who only rarely spends money on fragrances and finishes a bottle in about two years, there's no need for you to invest in an expensive storage device. On the other hand, what totally baffles me, is that there are plenty of people with large and expensive (vintage) perfume collections, who never spent any real thought, time, or money on professional storage… Well, I can assure you this: if you want to keep your perfumes in perfect shape -as the day they were manufactured/as the day you bought them- professional storage is an absolute necessity.

*** I personally have no doubt, but could I still be wrong?
This is possible!:
• I wasn’t able to find a company or person who owned a gas chromatograph. So there is no scientific evidence that this perfume was reformulated.
• I’m not a perfumer of course. I can smell pretty accurate, but nowhere near as a trained perfumer.

snails

I found a 2008 LIDGE half bottle and payed a lot of money on it - a tester. The lady from the counter was shocked why I' wouldn't buy the boxed one excusing herself that the tester isn't for sale. After negotiating with her for almost 1 hour she gave up... Arriving home I made, once again, another comparison.... Well guys, the new reformulation is just a pale, vague, scattered and insignificant shadow in comparison with the real LIDGE. I will wear it on very special occasions, really special. I also think that giving up my signature scent i.e. LIDGE I found my new one: Dior Eau Sauvage Extreme :)

thanks to 61824

I knew it and it's a shame perfume world don't have any rules of telling their customers what they do or change.

I won't buy any guerlain anymore. Sad because they make some of my favorites like LIDGE, Derby and Mouchoir.

LIDGE WAS reformulated but it happened a while ago.

I noticed that first the fragrance was slightly "cheapened" and they altered a few things in the packaging.

A suspicion that a friend of mine had bought a fake in late 2012 when the bottle didn't seem to have the same finish as my own. The quality of the font embossing was nowhere near the original and the feel of the lids was totally different. The 2012 version was a cheapening of the packaging but the juice remained the same. You can see the difference when the bottles are side by side quite easily, especially in the print.

There were slight changes in the composition (less patchouli and cocoa) around this time and the late 2013 batches didn't perform as well in terms of silage and longevity. Whereas the original could last all day and well into the night the reform was around half that.

Late 2013 however the mustard was officially off the hot dog. I purchased a bottle from escentual and ending up sending it back as it was so obvious that it had been diluted. The composition/performance wasn't anything like it used to be. Usually escentual are quite tight about returns that have been opened but I sent them a decant along with it and they issued my refund immediately - make of that what you may.

I had a feeling this would be happening as around 2012/2013 the cocoa prices shot through the roof - whilst I don't know if they use the real thing in these frags I did have my suspicions as to how it would affect the fragrance world.

I kept a nostril on this frag from this point and tested it out many times in store to verify my hypothesis and each time it was proven to be correct.

The original fragrance is very lush, thick and opulent. The modern version is thin and reedy - almost like comparing a 3D model to a picture, they both convey the same thing but only one has depth.

The latest shenanigans of removing the black edge printing on the bottle just prove my inkling, if they are willing to shave of a few pennies by removing what differentiated this variation from its big brother, what else do you think they may have changed?

*edit* Fantastic investigation by Sailinder that confirms what I suspected at the same dates, thanks.

Have_some_scents
Have_some_scents

@vaibsankhla - So, let me get this straight; you are complaining because an eau de parfum smells "perfumey"? Que eye roll and/or face palm.

DJM

I have purchased two bottles of this and pretty spaced apart. Both of my bottles are identical in smell and longevity. Maybe you got a bad bottle or even a fake. This has to be one of the longest lasting scents that I have in my collection. Many times, still able to smell it all the way into the morning of the next day.

You might want to purchase from a different source, as my bottles are anything but weak, or a skin scent

chris.kragel
chris.kragel

Classy and Elegant, yet a little weak
_____________________________

After reading all of the reviews, I decided to blind buy LIDGE.
Man, was I disappointed.
I believe at some point this may have been reformulated, since I get nowhere near the projection that other people are vocalizing. Once it hits the skin, I can detect it decently for about the first hour before it becomes a skin scent.
The smell is great. I get some nice cocoa vibes, and perhaps some iris. Very complex and rich, having worn this quite a few times.
I just feel that this is not the same scent that everyone is speaking of. Perhaps I received a reformulated one. I am unsure. Either way, the let down was tremendous with this one as I had to order it from outside the U.S. and wait for about three weeks for it to arrive.
Many people compare this too Dior Homme Intense, but I almost feel that there is no comparison. DHI is a much stronger, sweeter fragrance, while this is a softer, more classy scent. DHI is an expensive sports car, while LIDGE is a Cadillac- comfortable and classy, but still not top notch in all of the areas.

Projection: 6/10 (Someone soft for an 'extreme'...)
Longevity: 10/10 (12+ hrs)
Versatility: 7/10 (Damn near anytime)
Smell: 8/10 (Rich, complex, and classy)

snails

What used to be my signature scent has now turned into a pathetic and bad joke. Of course, the officials of the House will say that "there is no reformulation" and so on and so forth, but who will believe then? I have 1/3 left from an old bottle and the new one... I was wearing this for almost 7 years. It is part of my DNA. There a huge difference of the two... The new one is a silly weak and "no balls" copycat of what was once a well crafted fragrance. I still can't believe that this "crime" is actually happening. I regret to say but I was let down by the only "traditional house" that carried on THE NAME in the fragrance industry. Beatrice Piquet, may her soul rest in peace, is kind of profaned (my I use this term without offending anyone, but this describes best what's happening). I am truly disappointed and I know for sure that no one can change a thing...

nero77
nero77

Dreamy cocoa-covered sandalwood...

This fragrance is deep, it's rich, and it's intoxicating. I can't stop smelling my wrist when I try it out! I get the resins, anise and hibiscus, and jasmine and patchoulli... followed by a strong base of rich, dark bitter cacao. It's wonderful to smell, very addictive!

I'm a huge Guerlain fan and I love the house very much. L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extrême is a fascinating one. There is a lot going on and it does smell extremely smooth, almost intoxicating.

Describing this one is interesting... It is supposedly inspired by the food of North Africa and the Middle East, with the honeyed, caramel chocolate and the strong anise liqueur vibe, hibiscus flower, and strong tea aroma. It is definitely interesting. As always I do love the 'Guerlainade' (Guerlain's signature) dry-down of Rose, Jasmine, Orris Root, Tonka Bean and Resins. It's still very appealing and I certainly give Guerlain the credit for it.

The quality is fantastic here and I love what the late Béatrice Piquet has done with this creation (it won an international award after all). I read that she tried to evoke an impression of 'cold light' or 'luminescence', and I totally get that from the combination of bright citrus and the creamy sandalwood/cocoa. I do both appreciate and understand the concept, and respect her for doing that. I also really think this could almost be like a modern, updated 'Habit Rouge' for the 21st Century, as I definitely think it pays homage to that creation. I must also say that I really enjoy the bottle, with it's Art Deco style. Very nice touch.

Overall, although I highly commend Guerlain for this interesting creation... I actually like this Eau de Parfum version much more than the EDT. I believe that everything Guerlain does is both enjoyable and exquisite!

ninotatamena
ninotatamena

After Dior ruined the best fragrance ever with reformulation in 2011(dior homme intense), now Guerlain ruins the second best fragrance ever.Jean Maurice is absolutely right.Sillage is weak after a couple of hours.Longevity maximum 6 hours.Patchouli is almost gone.The magic is gone.You get a nice milk chocolate aroma but with eau de cologne strength.I have batches from january 2013 and november 2013 so i can tell the difference.Guerlain must pay my pills for depression.I can't stop crying.(reviewers must write again new reviews about this one):-(

joov84
joov84

A warm, comfortable and sweet fragrance

This is one of my all time favorite designer fragrances.sweet, warm, elegant combination of cacao, star anise and patchouli with just a hint of citrus. this is one of the fragrances that feels subtle when first applied then it intensifies with time before dying down in 12+ hours. it has good projection.
highly recommended

9.0/10

JeanMaurice

I am sure they reformulated it. It have less patchouli, way less. Last half the duration now, and project half less too. Shame cause it's on my top 5 of ALL perfume world.

ozzypb
ozzypb

What do you want more than Cacao, Flowers and Woods? Beautiful Fragrance, so well blended..
My final rate is 9.5/10, because where I live this one isn't versatile as I want.

optoergo
optoergo

LIDGE hmm...
so many people recommend me on this
well, let*s see ...

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

The rich, deep allure of woods, musks, cacao, and perhaps a few shoots of vetiver dancing around a bundle of Band-Aids.

mikel.joko
mikel.joko

semprotan awal tercium wangi citrus yg terkesan agak 'asam' di hidung saya...setelah nya wangi yg dominan di LiDGE ini adalah coklat pait dan star anise,,base nya agak floral+vanilla tapi tidak begitu maniss aromanya

S: 7/10
L: 10/10
P: 8/10
scent: 8/10

Otakar Ishar
Otakar Ishar

Where is the new men's fragrance by Guerlain, who was here about 8 days ago published once a record is deleted.

bobosan336
bobosan336

The only difference I saw from the EDT is that the EDP starts with a more concentrated sweet blast. I still got the citruses.

So, it's like the EDT but last longer which is precisely what I wanted it to be. If you love the original, this one will make you very happy. Fantastic blend.

L'instant is hard to describe for me - I do pick out the cocoa but other than that it just feels right. It' a sensation of bliss, comfort, class, many positive feelings melding into one. I like many scents and colognes, but this one I love.

almondbreakfast

.... and the most "masterpiece" mention goes to...

L'instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme

57 times.

Runner up:
1. Encre Noir by Lalique - 55 times
2. Fahrenheit by Dior - 47 times

Anyone who cares to count, please message me and share your passion with me.

"almondbreakfast"

Bcshak
Bcshak

I enjoyed this one. Definitely a nice scent and lives up to the Projection and Longevity Hype. What I got however was something that reminded me of hot cocoa, as if someone poured hot cocoa on me and it maintained the smell. It's a quality fragrance. I don't quite love it but just like it.

Tweleve
Tweleve

Everything about this says class, and elegance. This fragrance is so beautifully blended and performs up to expectation. I blind bought this after getting into DHI, and I will say this is one of the best blind buys you will ever do

Suvi23
Suvi23

The price is not so expensive but not cheap either. However I do not have a full bottle yet.

It is just marvelous. I have worn it only once yet, but the notes I could smell was cacao, patchouli, citruses and a little star anise.

It actually reminds me of Thierry Mugler's Pure Coffee. To me, coffee has been replaced by cacao and less patchouli has been added to LIDGE than to Pure Coffee. While I just like Pure Coffee, I strongly love LIDGE. Some people may not agree with me, but this is what I smelled. It is so warm, so sweet, so likeable and masculine in the same time.

It lasted more than 12 hours and projected heavily for a good 6-7 hours. Now I understand the hype about it and I am sure that I will buy a full bottle in the future.

Projection: 10/10
-------------------------
Overall: 30/30

*** MASTERPIECE BADGE ***

jimmyo1

To me this EDP is sweet chocolatey, creamy and luscious fruit aromas that just tingle and entice the nose!
Very strong on initial spray so go light with this baby. 3 or 4 max for an all day (12-14 hours easy)

Drydown is the most heart pounding loveliness you can imagine. I just want to eat my wrist! (nom nom)
Gourmand at its absolute best and for me totally orgasmic juice once it settles.

Blind buy this if you have not had the pleasure of inhaling its magnifique aroma. One will not be disappointed I promise!!

The House of Guerlain has created a monster here, wonderful stuff!!

king_basim
king_basim

عطر رائع ورائحة مميزة

ولكن كنت أتمنى ان يكون اكثر فوحانا

kaysee
kaysee

Wow.
Longevity is amazing and projection as well.
It's been 7 hours since I sprayed my wrist and it's still going on strong.
I can't b bothered to describe the notes.

Everyone should smell like that. Especially on a date.

-Seriously tho. I'd sleep with ANYONE who wore this.

pars2002

lccoimbra! how an old man smells good!I dare to smell like an old man.

lccoimbra
lccoimbra

Great longevity and projection, but the scent is too classic. The opening is way better than LIDG, but the dry down will make you smell like an old man.

vsnrao36
vsnrao36

Based on the positive reviews I bought the EDT version first. While it smelled very similar to the Extreme version, it lasted just a couple of hours. I got this exchanged with Extreme version. It is difficult to find this version and the bottle is very similar to the regular EDT and says Extreme only on the label at the bottom of the bottle. In fact, this is EDP version.
This is one classy and elegant perfume that perfume aficionados should have in their wardrobe. You will stand out in a crowd and this is kind of perfume you wear probably to an Oscar ceremony or a grand wedding party. Though can be worn to office on a daily basis, making it your signature presence for sure, I prefer wearing this to office on special days only.
I am not an expert in deciphering the various ingredients in a perfume and whatever this one has, is of superior quality and class. It has luxury and richness written all over it! It lasts very long on my skin and even for days on clothes and it is never is too loud on nose of people surrounding.
Be prepared for many questions on 'Which one is this' and admiration from people though, more from the ladies, if you have them around:-)

kiviivi
kiviivi

ok this is top ow the world if it comes to qulaity/ price/uniqnes of fragrance ratio

Bugsbunny
Bugsbunny

@joswahn

Ha ha ha!

Really?!!!

Ha ha ha!

Marciu
Marciu

Well, I'm a DHI fan and I can't say I love or even like this fragrance.

First of all - Dior's perfume and Guerlain's perfume have more differences than similarities to me and my nose. The only connection between them is cocoa, BUT DHI doesn't contain and actually has never contained cocoa in it (vanilla and amber in vintage and pear liqeur and ambrette in reform). LIDGE is a cocoa to the fullest.

Second - there is iris in DHI and anise+patchouli in LIDGE.

Third - Dior doesn't have that touch of citrus and tea that Guerlain has.

They just smell different.

Parameters are great in both.

Maybe one day I'll start to like LIDGE. Who knows.

olfactoryfan
olfactoryfan

If you're a fan of Dior Homme Intense, you'll probably appreciate L'Instant Extreme as well. They're both rich and elegant and they both share a similar cocoa/chocolatey note. For me though, that's where the similarities end.

Whereas I find Dior Homme Intense to be quite linear in its development, L'Instant Extreme is one of the most complex and evolving scents I own. After opening with a vibrant blast of citrus-infused spiciness, the introduction quickly subsides to reveal the key players in the mix - anise, patchouli and cocoa. And what a deep, heavenly blend this is.

No one single element dominates over the others, they're in perfect equilibrium. Interestingly, if I sniff my skin at close range I get an entirely different smell to the scent that is radiating several inches away from me. This fragrance projects beautifully and the longevity is exceptional. If you apply a couple of sprays before bedtime, you'll wake up to its delicious aroma in the morning.

Sometimes during the stunning dry down, out of nowhere I can suddenly detect the original brighter, citrusy EDT version quite clearly. L'Instant Extreme seems to have a mind of its own, no two wearings are the same.

L'Instant Extreme is multi-dimensional, entertaining and enigmatic. It's the epitome of sophistication and my adoration for this fragrance is bordering on the extreme.

aleksandar.dragas6

Of 35 fragrances that I have, this is the only one that easily lasts 24 hours, even after shower and sleeping I can still smell it on me + everyone is always asking me what perfume is that, all day long! My signature forever! Guerlain at it's best, truly a masterpiece and one of the best in whole perfume world! :)

jf72

can't understand how this fragrance has such high ratings, ok its nice, but it's basically just like that cocoa butter moisturiser but in liquid form... first thing i thought when i sprayed it was of play-doh. good sillage and longevity though

Belvedere
Belvedere

Fantastic scent like the EDT but with extra oomph and rich cacao. Perfect for evenings and lasts a lot longer than you think it has.

sdcga161
sdcga161

I was writing a brief review of Aventus earlier, and I can't help but compare my L'Instant Extreme experience with the Creed scent.

Whereas Aventus seemingly emanates from my skin for only an hour or so before virtually disappearing, I am still finding hints of L'Instant a day later. I can't recall the last fragrance I've found with this length of longevity. I don't, however, catch many if any of the cacao notes that supposedly predominate. In fact, my experience is almost medicinal. Interestingly, I'm drawn to a comparison of a hospital from the 1950s, with green ceramic-tiled hallways and a clean, well-scrubbed aroma. This an assertive, muscular, compelling scent that will require some boldness on my behalf before I invite others to share it.

It wasn't love at first scent, but this one is definitely a keeper. I can't wait to spent more time with it.

Krupp
Krupp

This perfume is quite nice, although there is nothing new or exceptional in it in my opinion. It smells soft and creamy, dosn't offend anybody, and can be used for almost every occation.

I got the EDP version and gave it maximum gas pedal, but after a few hours it was gone, reduced to a little measly gnome, earlier maybe a giant, but now a shadow of his past.

I am glad that I only bought a 5 ml probe.

Sweet love.

azizhejji
azizhejji

Don't ever use this in summer ,lnstant is for for winter only and also don't overspray it' strong enough 3 sprays max and enjoy , yes it's all about cacao powder but really gentle and luxurious , great long lasting power though .

Riobard
Riobard

Cant seem to get enough of the pour homme version so i can only imagine how this gem must be.

Hmhs1987
Hmhs1987

NICE WINTER SEASON WITH THIS ONE

I TOOK IT AS ADVICE FROM THIS SITE

I AM LUCKY BCUZ I GOT WHAT I NEED FOR WINTER

zohaib248
zohaib248

to be honest, i bought this perfume because of all the hype it was getting and there were some talk of it being discontinued. first time when i sprayed this on my hand i didn't get the orange note that everybody talks about. to my nose it smelled exactly like "Roadster" by cartier. i mean i was really disappointed as i don't like cartier roadster that much. till today, i get very roadster like vibe from it but its like roadster on acid. there is no doubt about the quality of this fragrance. i dont find myself reaching for it that often but when i do, i make sure its a black tie event.
its a scent for a mature and confident guy. not anyone can pull this off. and i think to appreciate this scent, one has to really give it some time and wearings. longevity and projection are both excellent.
i give it an 8 out of 10.

Jay T
Jay T

Je voulais vraiment aimer cela, mais je pense que je porte trop de parfums de cocao récemment. Tout le monde parle comme cette eau de Cologne est le meilleur, surtout en hiver, mais pour moi, la seule chose positive, c'était le thé.

parfemđija
parfemđija

@ Zealous..

Aaaaaa, so sad, you will proceed it because your wife complaining about it.. That's nice, does she tells you what to think, what to wear, what to eat?

This is a great perfume, I have never ever heard that someone complaining about it.. cheers.

JeanMaurice

Another guerlain watered down! SHAME on the new owner LOUIS VUITTON!

Now I need 4-5 sprays to smell it. Before; 1-2 sprays for 5-6 hours!
Perfume world should have LAWS when they reformulate or change a reciepe on any perfume. No laws = they can do anything they want to make more money.

p.s. they should have the obligation to tell the % concentration of fragrance in a bottle, like the Frederic Malle's.

Zealous
Zealous

Just received a bottle of the EDP and gave it a couple of sprays. Seems to be a warm and enveloping scent. I thought it was nice, but nothing special. I'll see how it goes as I get to know it better. The problem is that my wife started complaining about a smell immediately after I walked into the room. I don't think she even thought the smell was EDP. I have a decent collection (not all of them are on my profile yet) and she has never complained before. I'm going to give it a few days and see how she reacts again. I concerned about wearing it around others so I am going to proceed with caution.

banks1124
banks1124

I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I had tested the original on several occasions and thought it was ok but the anise, citrus, cocoa just didn't sit right with me. I was hesitant about the extreme version but wanted to know what all the fuss was about so got a decant blindly in a swap. I love it. What makes this work is that the citrus is turned way down. The cocoa is dominant and has the anise right behind it with a hint of patchouli. I can also detect a little jasmine. Its all very dry which is what I think gives it a woodiness even though I don't get woods directly. In the original the anise is too medicinal for me and in this it is still present but better blended and smoother. I'll definitely wear out this decant to help me decide if I'm going to search for a full bottle. Great longevity and projection. Overall 9/10

Jamie1983
Jamie1983

I blind bought a bottle of this from Debenhams a while back, and weirdest thing.... i couldn't smell it??? I've smelt hundreds of fragrances to date, i have around 80 full bottles in my collection ranging from cheapies like Thalium Black to designers like Chanel AHS & Dior HI, and niche like Amouage and Serge Lutens so i know my stuff. Maybe i got a bad bottle, but i swear to you i could not smell this :/

nurc
nurc

Good, but overrated. I enjoy the fragrance, but I would not wear this around as I used to get an older person smell. I've gotten over the older person smell, but I still would not wear this at college. Definitely a 25+ scent. My nose isn't as keen as some, but maybe I will grow to like this even more later on. I like lidge, but I don't think the general population would be as glowingly positive.

manzoor86
manzoor86

if cacao and star anise smells LIDGE,it smells rich.i love the initial medicinal and herbal blast.smells very differently,there is something like geoffrey beene,but this masterpiece is more finer smooth,less powdery and more warm welcoming.it smells like a clean shining glass room,the herbal notes transforms into the sweet woodsy notes beautifully.

icufish

@Sharmap14 Of course your ,,review" will be deleted, because you are writing lies. Maybe you have a fake bottle. LIDGE lacks longevity and projection??? Maybe in your dream. Wake up please, longevity is more than 14 hours and projection is strong.

SenseOfScents
SenseOfScents

L’Instant de Guerlain Eau Extrême by Guerlain

SUBJECTIVE

Where brawn meets beauty, this fragrance is an inviting, warm scent for young and middle-aged men. While not the most masculine of colognes, the attention-screaming note of cocoa is rendered less gourmand by the background presence of woods (cedar and sandlewood) and patchouli. This fragrance, from top to bottom, is nothing more than a cup of hot chocolate in a wooden mug sprinkled over with orange zest. How deliciously soothing! As it dries down and the woods heat up, you can then imagine the smell of burnt firewood covered in cocoa powder.

Despite the toasty ambiance that this fragrance engenders on a cool day, this effect only works if the rest of your attire is up to snuff. Beard trimmed and looking clean while dressed nicely, this fragrance will elevate you as long as you also play the part visually. For this reason, L’Instant de Guerlain Eau Extrême will not work in an overly casual setting, at work where your hands get dirty or while exercising. Furthermore, do not waste time comparing it to the original eau de toilette version, which lacks the creamy cocoa vibe that makes Eau Extrême a star.

OBJECTIVE

The performance of this one is super boss, especially compared to its eau de toilette predecessor. Two sprays to the back of the head, two sprays to the back of the neck and one spray to the front of the shirt will leave you noticed throughout the day with an impressive scent trail wherever you go. Do keep in mind that it is cloying, and therefore spraying on your front side will become irritating after a while. It is interesting, moreover, that this fragrance performs beautifully indoors but projects poorly outside, though it is (in my opinion) a scent for the cool months.

IMPRESSION

A rich, tasty cocoa-based fragrance for the man who does not hesitate, Guerlain has created a crowd-pleaser that begs compliments. Best for a cool night, this contemporary scent is powerful despite a combination of “light” notes blended so smoothly together. It must, however, be reserved for special occasions when you feel most on your game. Nonetheless, you will certainly pass on this one if creamy and powdery are olfactory characteristics from which you shy away. The most similar bottle out there, in my collection at least, is Dior’s Homme Intense.

PLAN

Please fetch a sample of this piece of art, whether you are a fragrance enthusiast or not. Unless gourmand and powdery scents turn you off, this scent will likely appeal to you. Do not be surprised by the number of compliments women in particular will throw at you. Hurry, as I have a feeling this fragrance may soon be discontinued (if not already). I would even recommend blind buying this one (underpriced I think) if you are a fragrance collector. ★★★★★

mofojo74

spray this and i smile and think..ha ha,here we go,boom,that orange/cocoa powder citrus opening....thats just the beginning,on the tube you just feel different,all the synthetic mess of the kids designer scents fade away and this EDP stands head and shoulders above the rest!!! i have since stop wearing this as a work scent as they are not deserving,its a special occasion juice!!! the people who hate this are the le male/1 million crowd anyway so what!!! this is niche to me!! this is what tom fors wishes it was...better than creed,better than most!!! you know a great scent when you think it...and then you can smell it!!!!!! a masterpiece!!!

snails

@sharmap14 - how would you know that is discontinued?

JohnMc

The one fragrance in my collection that all of the 'uninitiated' not into fragrance worship amongst my friends all bow down to straight from the first spray. Enough said.

rum
rum

A groundbreaking fragrance by Guerlain.
This scent belongs to the gourmand group of fragrances, one that is becoming increasingly popular in our times.
It opens with a refreshing blast of orange/citrus notes and settles down to a chocolate desert-like scent. Or should I say flavour? Think of a popular chocolate-orange snack and you won't be far off what this smells like. There's a bit of jasmine and patchouli hidden in there which just makes it that extra bit more special than other gourmands out there.
Of course, you don't have to be a chocaholic to appreciate this one, but it is a sweet scent nonetheless.

mrs2241
mrs2241

به نظر من
Avant-Garde M. Micallef
گزینه بهتری واسه این سبک بو هست
البت اگر با مایش مشکلی نداشته باشین

aleksandar.dragas6

Only bad thing about this one for me is, when I use it, all the others are nothing compared to it!

fdelval
fdelval

Mixed opinions.
Smells great for me, but I can't help but think of an old man wearing this (65 y/o)

I'm not the only one with this opinion and that bugs me up.

It is very hard to buy, I can only find it on Guerlain boutique, with a very expensive price tag, so I think I would pass on this until I see a good price.

Maceo
Maceo

Simply stunning!!

Rich, dark, complex and intense notes of raw powdered (non sweet) cacao, tea and pastry confectionery.

Sexual and intoxicating are the two words that come to mind when sniffing this.

Best worn in cold weather, when its below 10c(50F), the colder the better and simply shines in freezing conditions. 2-3 sprays is all you need!

The sillage is unreal in calm cold weather and projection is modest without screaming too much. Longevity easily 8 or more hours for me.

The scent maintains its composure even when moving from cold outdoors to indoors with the attention grabbing cacao and anise taking centre stage outdoors, whilst the jasmine tea and sandalwood join the party when the body heat increases, with elements of pastry like citrus mixed in the early stages

This a very masculine gourmand scent even with the pastry and coco notes due to the tea, sandalwood and earthy patchouli which grounds it extremely well.

Several women have given me doe eyed looks after smelling this on me. Sometimes words are simply not needed!

That is the magic of L'Instant Extreme, and will remain in my collection forever.

Jason Harrison
Jason Harrison

Deep. Dark. Complex. Must buy.

warlockss
warlockss

this stuff is perfume of the gods . it smells so good . going to buy 3 more bottles . this brand shits all over tomford .

ali..khalili
ali..khalili

عطری خوشبو ، باکلاس و بسیار جذاب .با بازخوردهای خوب.
اولش که استفاده کرده کردم بویی تند و قوی (هم تلخ هم شیرین)شبیه رژ لب استشمام میکردم.
با خود گفتم همینه؟
ولی بار دوم و سوم که استفاده کردم دیدم که بسیار خوشبو و جذابه.
ترکیبی از دوعنصر جذاب در عطرها یعنی کاکائو و نعنای هندی که جذابیتی فوق العاده به این عطر بخشیده.
با اولین استفاده بوی تلخ و شیرینی به مشام میخوره که هر
دو قوی هستن ولی قدری تلخی قویتره.بوی سنگین کاکائو وبوی نعنای هندی و یه بوی گیاهی دیگر که نمیشناسم بیش از هر بوی دیگر به مشام میرسه.
تلخی هم محو و بوی شیرین و پودری زیادی شروع میشه و بوی کاکائو واضح تر ولی خود عطر اروم تر میشه.میتونین بوی نعنای هندی رو به راحتی استشمام کنید.
ولی در نت های پایانی بود که متوجه بوی مرکبات شدم.
ماندگاری بسیار زیاد حتی تا یکروز بر لباس. و پخش بسیارخوب
حتما بیش از یکبار و با فاصله زمانی کم(یک روز)تست شود شاید بار اول مثل من فکر کنید این که
!!!بوی رژلب مییده
گرم و مخصوص پاییز و زمستان
ماندگاری5/5
پخش بو5/5
ارزش خرید5/5
متفاوت بودن4/5

Gault
Gault

Both this and the original has a powdery cacao note with patchouli that tricks people to thinking its chocolate, this is a little bit darker due to more star anise so the whole seems like a black chocolate, while the edt like milk chocolate (after several hours). This is more direct, more masculine, it takes less time to love this, and to be honest this is simpler than the edt. They also both have a positive antique feel which doesnt induces bad memories or feels oldish, but I would say that the Eau Extreme seems more up to date, a safer choice, so all in all I would recommend the Extreme version instead of the edt.
The edt changes a lot during its lifetime, from citrus cough drop start (like Halls for example) to a woody patchouli bomb with tea and hibiscus in the backround, to a relaxing sweet musky milk chocolate base, it takes time to love that combination and identify the notes separately, because its so well balanced. I consider the original a masterpiece while this is "just" an excellent fragrance even if this is more praised.

Masterpiece + lasts for ever ... over 2 weeks on clothes

herreroph
herreroph

One of my favorite houses, never disappoint me.
Very sexy, rich, strong masculine fragance.
In this case extreme means extreme like intense means intense. 100 % true.
It's a masterpiece. 10/10

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

This dark brooding EDP brings a heavy sensual luxuriousness to the original Guerlain masterpiece. Definitely an evening wear scent that should be applied in respectful moderation and be avoided in humid weather. Not as versatile as the original but oh boy, when the occasion fits, LIDGE is a "thriller" to behold. To be in the presence of this scent is an "event" in itself, a masterful and powerful performance. Another Guerlain success, Bravo!

mofojo74

amazing,sooooo subtle and its just class in a bottle,it has that expensive undertone that is in creed and tom ford fragrances,yet it is comparible to NOTHING else i own or have ever smelled before,if i blind tested this i would guess at a niche tom ford,you will know what i mean by that if you know your colognes!!..i will ALWAYS have this in my collection. AMAZING!!silage is superb as is the projection.....a masterpiece!!!

Actionmac

I had to do an update from my review in 2011. I have worn the Dior Homme Intense and then the L'Instant. L'Instant is so compelling to women this is some powerful shit. Women just want to be close to me when I wear this scent EVERY TIME I wear it. Dior gets the you smell so good compliments, but this L'Instant just draws them into your space for close romantic interludes. If you wanted to choose between the Dior and L'Instant, go for the L'Instant without hesitation.

Critic
Critic

A favorite. Very heavy on the patchouli so it can smell like soil. This earthy/dusty quality gives off the vibe of cocoa powder. Remarkable longevity - 24 hours easily. Wonderful stuff.

hedward
hedward

I received a bottle today, sprayed it on and screamed "yuck!". The opening was absolutely disgusting. Over the top anise with a biting sharp green chord. It made me sneeze and gag simultaneously.

But then.. I've read so many reviews about this calling LIDGE a "masterpiece" and "greates male perfume" I just had to wait for the drydown. And lord in heaven thank god I did!

As the heart notes began to creep in LIDGE started to make sense after my nose had recovered from the anise attack. During the heart there was a very dry tea note which was incredibly clever - smokey black tea to be precise. It kind of had a chai latteish feeling to it (and I mean real chai latte, not the one from Starbucks)Then the tea died down and patchouli made it's way to the stage... this is where the magic begins. The drydown is marvelous!! Semi-sweet pure cocoa with shining earthy pathcouli and a slightest hint of vanilla. This smells like a golden Maya temple - reeks of wealth and power but in a very delicate and beautiful way. The scent was so bright and glorious it almost radiated rays of golden light with a jesus choir singing in the backround!! I'm a sucker for dark chocolate as well as for patchouli so this serves my senses just right. The only bad thing about this fragrance is the vile anise in the opening - reminded me of Ouzo which I deeply detest.

Notes I could not detect at all: Neroli, jasmine and surprisingly: citrus.

Smell 8/10 x2
Longevity / Potency 8/10
Versatility 7/10
Complexity 8/10
x2

Overall score 78/100

perfume-malaysia
perfume-malaysia

got a bottle..tried it to see what all the fuzz about. sold it after a week..way overrated..
just not my type i guess...

hakim2005

i really find it strange why this perfum is so popular.i bought it yesterday and i find it Normal, even l'instant de guerlain edt is better in my point of view

vicvlz
vicvlz

Thanks aucffan1, I just placed my order of 2 bottles from the boutique in Canada for $80 a bottle. You saved me a lot of money instead of buying from the unbelievable prices in Ebay and Amazon.

Saeidreza
Saeidreza

Its my only perfume that I have a back up bottle. It gets me compliments every time I wear it, My wife loves it too. I like it better than DHI for sure. Long lasting and good projection. There are many cologne all good names somehow similar to this but not 100% similar. Unisex 60 to 40 for men!

cloft18
cloft18

I've had this for a while now and I do like it, but I think I've found a scent that renders this almost obsolete in my collection. Wait for it...Dior Homme Intense. I find it quite similar to LIDGE, with the makeup likeness, just without the anise at the top, which I didn't care for much. If this is one you're looking to add to your collection, look into DHI as well. If you like LIDGE, you'll most likely want DHI as much or more when you try it. (My DHI is the reformulated version from 2012 production)

fungest
fungest

so you think its Play Intense by Givenchy..no
so its Rochas Man ..you are wrong
its not like any perfume u smell before when you smell it for first say ooh what is this .. very sharp anise and pure chocolate very sharp both then ..after 2 minutes the magic will start it will make you very high take u to the space..
they used very pure and natural ingredients no chemicals
very rich a class.
sillage 8/10
long lasting on clothes 8/10 on skin 10/10
smell..........magic
well done Guerlain well done.

Masterpiece.

mrreggie71
mrreggie71

Aucffan1 is absolutely correct. I just received mine today from the Guerlain boutique in Canada and the price was 80 US dollars. I like the fragrance. I think I was was expecting a bit more. The only reason I like it better than the original is because I think the performance on this is better. Though this one feels more dusty or transparent than the original, it's bolder. If you sniff close to application point on your skin, it's not strong, yet the scent carries better than the original. The original feels heavier and wetter to me, but it's really soft which makes for a better skin scent. Simply put if you liked the original I am pretty sure you'd like this.

aucffan1

I am copy / pasting this info from below because I see this product going for over $100 US on Ebay and other sites.. I am not 100% sure how much the boutique in Canada is charging but I can't believe it has gone up $30 - $40 dollars in just 2 months.. Buy it.. you'll love it. Here is my post from August 2013..

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

INSTANT GRATIFICATION

From top to bottom - a luxurious fragrance.

I enjoyed the subtle anise in the opening - but that amuse bouche was fleeting.
I was left with a rich cacao and soft wood. Yes, this does lean towards a gourmand, but with a refined restraint.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

Upon spraying, L'Instant pour Homme Eau Extrême immediately show its citrus elements, powdered with cacao and mixed with anise. The cacao here is not that of sweet chocolate, but the gently bitter and spicy type, which goes wonderfully with anise.

These spices remain at the front for a few minutes then leave the citrus step forward. During the first two hours, the citrus gradually becomes sweeter and is joined by some vague floral aspect. The citrus here is green and sweet, but never pungent or watery.

Towards the drydown, the scent mellows into a smooth blend of sandalwood and cacao, while patchouli provides some earthy spicy bite. Comparing to the original L'Instant pour Homme, the green and woody aspects are subdued while the spices and the creamy texture are more present.

The sillage is moderate and the longevity is almost 12 hours. A woody, green, spicy fragrance with slight gourmand elements, I'd definitely recommend.

popescuionut100
popescuionut100

Smells amazing,in the opening it smells herbal,reminded me just a bit of fresh green grass.
Later it turns into warm cacao notes,it's spicy but not too sweet,versatile and rich.
It's a great fragrance for any crowd,young or more mature crowd,works great in winter/fall,not suitable for hot summer days.
Longevity it's also great,4 hours so far and it smells pretty intense ,after applying one single spray on my arm,projection also very good.

After 7 hours it's still there,distinctive smell and projects like 7-8 inches (20 cm or so).
*Update It's been 17 Hours and i can still smell it,it's very close to the skin,barely noticeable but still there after 17 hours since i applied it in one single spray from the 75 ml bottle!

This one it's a must have for sure:distinctive smell.long lasting and very good sillage!

I tried this one a few times and I must say I really like it! I'm not generally a fan of masculine scents and men who wear too much perfume are a turn-off IMO, especially if they wear tons of a typical generic men cologne.
But I have a sweet tooth for Guerlain... and I used to love Habit Rouge pre-reformulation and Heritage.
I tried both L'Instant and Extreme on paper and on my skin. They are beautiful, but Extreme is better because it's complex and mature in a good way.
I expected cacao to pop out and kill evrything instead it has a strong but not overpowering effect.
It works like female counterparts: A Guerlain needs time to be enjoyed and the first impression is not generally the best one. After 30-40 minutes they bloom and reach their true nature, then you can decide if it is for you or not.
The Extreme is not a refreshing cologne and I am grateful for that, because it keeps the wearer envolved for a longer time rather than giving the initial "fresh sporty" burst and then morphing to synthetical fixative. I bet it does contain fixatives, but as for Guerlain mastery this scent holds its power till the end.
I also like the cedar part which is very well blended and the sandalwood in Guerlain is still quite radiant in spite of re-formulation.
A classy choice with modern twist.

bozotheclown
bozotheclown

Truly a Amazing perfume for connaiseur ! (like good wine) it is way more sophisticated then DHI witch i really like. Both in my opinion are amazing and they dont smell even close to each other

crepedechine
crepedechine

I can't understand how this is compared to DHI. They're completely different. No offence but to me this stuff is too masculine, too spicy, too sharp, too old-fashioned and no cacao, no smooth vibe, no creamy/balmy aroma, cloying and so linear... I'd wear it only if I lived in 19th century and if I were a 50 year old guy at that time. I respectfully dislike it. I only love the bottle design.

Filetoui
Filetoui

You either love it or hate it... there is no in between. For me and my chemistry, it turns my stomach. It's a rich, deep scents that evolves all day long. It's complex but in hour 4-5 it just turns on me. I highly recommend testing for several days.

Marcos Oliveira
Marcos Oliveira

eu só tenho alguns decants,que somados fazem uns 25 mls,perfume dificil pra usar por aqui Brazil (país tropical) espcialmente em minha cidade (Rio de Janeiro), fixa hiper e projeta de forma convidaditva,cheira a chocolate amargo e concentrado com fundo floral numa base extrema amadeirada,muito masculino,noturno e privado para o frio,usar de dia só com uns 22 graus pra baixo, deixa rastro e tem uma maravilhoso aroma.

jht4060
jht4060

Guerlain L'Instant pour Homme Eau Extreme (what a mouthful, I will just call it Moment Extreme) is an interesting cocoa and patchouli interpretation - almost dry and not at all dessert-like despite the cocoa. I like it better than the original (not Extreme) version but that is probably completely subjective. The top has some dark citrusy note blended with star anise and cocoa with only a touch of sweetness. In the middle, bits of jasmine and smoke show up and the cocoa becomes more prominent, and the base is a lingering blend of cedar and patchouli and maybe some vanilla not listed. The idea of a dry cocoa perfume is not unique to Moment Extreme, but it is very well done here. Given how strongly we associate cocoa with extreme sweetness, it seems a strange idea at first but it works beautifully - behind the sweetness, cocoa and chocolate are deep earthy and bitter. The olfactory association for me is rich black humusy earth that you want to eat. A good date scent especially if you anticipate close encounters might ensue.

I find Moment Extreme a bit weak so I like to spray a lot, which is pretty safe since there is nothing strange or repellent even in overdose. I hope I am elevator safe...

And what a beautiful bottle - too bad they didn't put a bit more heft in the cap (it looks good but feels cheap when off in your hand - why-oh-why do they do stuff like that? solid plastic ain't that expensive).

mfk
mfk

i really love this stuff. one of my all time favorites.

lumberjack
lumberjack

Cacao.. we'r drinkin them, eating them, sometimes smellin.. But i could never smell a luxury cacao like that in my life. People, that masterpiece is passion, is love.. Can't control my instincts when i wear it.:) Every single perfume lover should try at least once in their life...

ryanmaes
ryanmaes

This stuff is awesome, you need to blind buy this if you dont have it like I did!

I hate to spout clichés...
But here goes!
This fragrance was a real Jackal & Hyde on me, I went from completely hating it (and i do mean hate!) to loving it, during the course of maybe two hours.
Now its reputation preceded it and I was expecting something really spectacular as I've got some other Guerlain fragrances and have heard great things about this one.
As I mentioned to begin with I was pretty repulsed and overwhelmed by the strength of this juice... It is really strong maybe even stronger than Habit Rouge and that's saying something.
This one also shares the Guerlain DNA if you like (just to keep to the clichés)
and has a very classic, mature feel to it.
When this thing dries down though it is absolutely stunning!
From Cacao to floral notes, patchouly, Sandalwood and a hint of tea...it's all in there and although it starts out punishingly harsh (for me) it ends oh so well...this is another rich indulgent masterpiece from Guerlain.
Ideal for making an big impression and it lasts FOREVER!!! Trust me for my skin that's really saying something. I apply juice heavily most of the time and my skin is very unforgiving but there's really no need with this one it's dynamite!! L'Instant de Guerlain will appeal to older men, fragrance heads and if given a chance, anybody who likes and has a respect for truly classic perfumery.

Mighty lion
Mighty lion

Grown and sophisticated.. Definitely a mature fragrance, but not in a bad way.. I have to admit this frag had to grow on me I actually won it betting a female friend on a Giants game..I heard the hype and had never smelled so asked her to pick it up for me to settle the bet.. She loved it!!! Me, not so much initially.. I've changed my opinion since.. There's something engaging and rich about this scent..Not to sound morbid, but I wear this fragrance to funerals or anytime I feel melancholy.. Seems to work better with a " serious" mood.. Smells like dark bitter Cocoa and subtle citrus..It definitely has earned a place and purpose in my collection now..

merzeng
merzeng

عطری بسیار خوشبو و با کلاس که در واقع ترکیب کاکائو و نعنا با هم، رایحه اصلی و نهایی این عطر را تشکیل میدهد.ماندگاری و پخش بوی خوبی دارد و احساسی شاد و با وقار را منتقل میکند

subhan08
subhan08

When i recieved this in the post my initial reaction was, this smells very familiar and I didnt like the smell at all. A day after wearing it and it has certainly grown on my and I am seriously starting to love it. I would give scent, longevity and projection 8/10. However I must add that you might have to apply this a few times to start liking it. As i said, I didnt like it in the beginning but now I love it. Overall its a great scent 4/5.

I completely agre with the previous reviewer. I cant smell it on me after 2/3 hours but others can notice me from a distance away.

surfbeachpunk
surfbeachpunk

L'instant pour homme - i get a spicy initial opening then it settles down to a more powdery scent. I spray a good bit on but i cant smell it on me after an hour or 2 but other people still can. I have received compliments on this. Its a great scent for the office or for the evening out. I'm not sure how long it lasts but i would say 4-6 hours on my skin.

Thee Arabian Knight
Thee Arabian Knight

LIDGE is not as good as people claim. I mean, it is definitely not bad but not as good as his little brother, IMHO. The opening and heart have a bit of a dated quality to it that turn me off, however the base is very identical to that of L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme. This is for the more mature gentleman, and the original is really for everyone. Not bad at all, though I prefer the original version by a mile.

frog23
frog23

Love it. Reminds me a little of Tom Ford Noir but that isn't a bad thing. It's a winner. You can't go wrong with it.
Wouldn't really wear it for work or hot months. It's classy and solid.

Goktug

This is my all time favourite fragrance !

bonacosta30
bonacosta30

Cacao (chocolat I should say!) is the easy way to describe this fragrance. Smell cacao a lot, from the head note to the end of the dry down. A mature scent ( I wouln t say that it give an old vibe, but it give a very mature one), i think it is not for a young crowd. Over 35 I would say. Very good for any night occasion, formal occasion and better in cold time. It give some kind of warm feeling. Projection and longevity are both very good with this one (9, 10 and even more hour of pure chocolat!). Seem to be too strong for summer, casual or office. Very classy fragrance that makes you stand out of people. Very difficult to get, so if you like this kind of scent or if you are a collector, you should try to grab it somewhere. A must have to any frangrance lover :) Here is my final score:

Smell: 8/10. Cacao...
Longevity: 4,5/5. 9-10 hours, even more!
Projection: 4/5. Great sillage, but not a monster like DHI.
Versatility: 3,5/5. Formal, night out, special occasion...little bit strong for any day uses.
Overall: 20/25. An excellent cologne that give a mature vibe. Not for a young crowd IMO.

Smyle12
Smyle12

The single-best fragrance I have ever smelled. I've used it twice, once, after I received it, and once on a very special occasion. It will not be sprayed again until my wedding day, every subsequent anniversary, and the births my children. It's just that kind of special. :)

The Masterpiece: 10/10.

parfumfetiche
parfumfetiche

I recently sampled ScentStory 24 Go Dark and it does smell very similar to this one with the patchouli and cacao. Upon spraying LIDGE, I get citruses and cacao with a hint of star anise mixed with elemi right off the bat. As it dries down, patchouli starts to dominate together with cacao. Moderate projection and good longevity on my skin. Probably not that unique but it’s a solid fragrance nonetheless. Overall feel I get from this is gourmand-ish but not straight-up gourmand like Thierry Mugler A*Men. The scent gets 4 out of 5 from me. I like it!

fhr
fhr

Having both the edp and edt. Now they are my favorites -out of question. Really nice aromatic oriental edibles. Far more unic both than the average popular nowadays created ones i tried. This edp and edt are well built linear but having enough layers to differentiate the already mentioned notes-all of them! And they do work on hotter temp as well despite of many of previous statement of commenters. Be not affraid to try them also on summer,you will see how well they are designed and what news you know from them when to allow the to breathe on hot sunny days. Great perfect unic. Arrived home with you guys.

WRS67
WRS67

I broke down and blind-bought the EDP for three main reasons: 1) I LOVE the EDT, 2) the reviews both here and on Basenotes are overwhelmingly positive, and 3) the bottle is beautiful in its own right.

Both are wonderful fragrances. Where the EDT is a mug of spiced cocoa with a splash of citrus, the EDP is more akin to a rich, decadent piece of double chocolate fudge cake with a secret ingredient or two that you can't quite put your figure on. It is a sensuous, classy dessert you enjoy in a high-end restaurant. No matter how much you've already eaten, you know you're going to indulge in this treat. It is a warm, inviting fragrance that can make enemies friends and friends jealous.

L'Instant de Guerlain Eau Extreme is quite literally art in a bottle.

anguslairdmcangus
anguslairdmcangus

OVERALL RATING: * * * *

First reaction: This is good. Very good.

There is a light sweetness to it that reminds me of my favorite fragrance, Jubilation XXV by Amouage. The cacao, patchouli, and warm spices are extremely comforting, yet masculine. After an hour or so, the heart notes begin to appear, adding a dry, rooty iris to the faint cocoa.

If your tastes run to the gourmand, but you aren't ready for the full Thierry Mugler all-you-can-eat buffet, this is one you should try.

Sillage: 4/5

drewqxc
drewqxc

I thought I wasn't going to like the Extreme, especially since top reviewers said they didn't smell anything special. I bought myself a sample and I absolutely love it. This IS something SPECIAL and the cacao note makes me want to eat it!

Chyskillz
Chyskillz

Is it just me who doesnt get all the hype about this scent , first of all very plain and simple smell imho. main notes which are going trough journey are citruses and tea in the begining and patchouli and cacao after.

My problem with it is that its not well blended to go along with name that guerlain has, its just another mediocre smell that doesnt stands out at all as far as im considered.

projection and longevity are best thing that this scent has to offer.

overall just cause its guerlain 6.5 / 10.

lorensiuswlt
lorensiuswlt

I love this scent, quite unique, type of scent that stands apart from the crowd and very suitable for mature men. Dark chocolate scent is very dominant along with anise. I live in INdonesia so the smell is quite familiar with some aromatherapy oils. This scent is warm and calm, suitable for night and cold weather although sometimes i use it for work/office in the morning. The longevity and projections are very good in cold weather, can be up to 10 hours and still noticable on my skin.

Projections: 9/10
Sillage: 9/10

Jose Marcos

I had LIDGE but all I could smell was a sugary, syrupei sweet over the top scent, I had to give it up. But I must say that I live in a very hot country with no possibility of cold weather ever. So it might have been a climate issiu. I can detect most of the notes in the original L'Instant and it is a very dry and rather austere fragrance.

hansito
hansito

Hey guys, some help here. What is the difference between l' Instant and L'Instant Extreme? Which is more chocolatier and sweeter?

DocNZ
DocNZ

Enough has been written about this fragrance before me. All I can add is that I now wish I could bathe in it. It's pure genius in a bottle. Very elegant, very French, and utterly an olfactory mindblow.

budge
budge

"Boom" there it is! What a fragrance! Not too good at describing top notes,base notes etc,but what I can tell you is,it smells like as others have described and it lasts so long! If you spray it on your clothes,thats were it stays, for days, weeks on some fabrics. hadn't worn a jacket that I had sprayed it on 3 weeks previously and it was still floating about,like an airfreshner for my wardrobe. Definitly my signature fragrance,never been commented on so frequently when im wearing this humdinger.....10 out of ten!

shayan
shayan

This one or YSL La Nuit De L'Homme edt? Anyone?
Thanks in advance

hameedbilal
hameedbilal

someone said intoxicating...in the comment before...he/she got it right...
delicious frag....cacao well used...
my fav among guerlain....

propet

Bu koku denediğim en kalıcı ve farkedilir kokulardan birisi. Eğer kakao temalı parfümleri seviyorsanız tek fısla bile muazzam etkisini üzerinizde gösteren niş ayarındaki bu parfümü çok seveceksiniz. Tabi bulabilirseniz.!

Benim notum her zaman 10.

vitilsky
vitilsky

Cacao, patchouli and anise? Eurrrgh. Anise really overpowering in this one too, with the patchouli. Imagine patchouli bomb with very pungent anise.

Yes, you could say it smells classy and that's why I don't give it a zero.

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

My #1 favorite, in spite of the fact that I can only wear it during the fall and winter, or an occasional cool summer day. It is one of the few scents that is mood altering to me - I actually feel calmer and more relaxed while wearing. It also has a strange sillage effect - it's not as noticeable close to the skin but you definitely can tell that it's presence is surrounding you. Longevity and sillage are off the charts. It may not be a young man's fragrance, but I am not a young man.

Roses and Spices
Roses and Spices

I read the reviews. I wanted to love it but.....it's ok. It is a decent men's fragrance, well composed for a high street perfume. Not particularly complicated. Citrus, chocolate, not too sweet. By the sound of some of the other reviews it's a lot cheaper to buy in the UK than in the states. (I purchased a bottle from Debenhams for approx £40). I gave it to my brother - he thought it was ok.

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

One spray filled an entire room in my house. I was very impressed with the richness and quality of this fragrance. It truly produced the WOW factor upon first whiff. It also received a stamp of approval from my wife. I found striking similarities yet subtle nuances between Dior Homme Intense (Silver Collar Vintage Juice) and Creed Himalaya....although it is much more comparable to the DHI. IMO, it is a cold weather fragrance however I will sneak some in for sure throughout the warmer months only because is that versatile and classy to adapt to the elements. The main accords listed is an accurate depiction of what I can detect in this fragrance (cacao, warm spicy, soft spicy, woody, touch of patchouli.) This frag. will leave a trail that is sure to turn heads.

Stockholmspolisen
Stockholmspolisen

I really want to get my nose on this fragrance!

sadeceben
sadeceben

Muhteşem bir uyum içinde hazırlanmış karışım.
Birinci sınıf 10/9,5

propet

very good strong scent. my signature.

lasting 10/10
sillage 10/10

Bbjr
Bbjr

This has been one fragrance that I've been wanting to try for a long time. In Vegas recently, i went to the Guerlain store and I was told you can only get this in their ( I can't remember what he called it) large bottle. Large like 1 liter and the damn thing costs like $600. Really? That sucks

Mosschops
Mosschops

Finally tracked this down. The woman gave me one of those tester strips with two squirts on it. 4 days later and the strip is still smelling heavily of the fragrance. So, 11 out of 10 for longevity!

Guerlain toned down the annoying citrus from L'Instant, which is great. But, this isn't as 'mellow' or 'creamy' as I thought it was gonna be. Yes, there's the cocoa. But the drydown is more noticeable by the dry spices and woody patchouli. It's a more mature man's fragrance. I still want to own it, as it has it's place as a 'distinguished' scent like Courvoisier. But, I'm just not convinced I 'love' it.

xliMilx
xliMilx

This is one wierd perfume, i truely cant see a single review mentioning something simler to my experience, i didn't like this perfume from the first sniff and till now i didnt like it at all, i cant smell any trace of the perfume after few minutes of applying it, but this is not the wierd part, the wierd part is i keep getting crazy load of comments about this perfume, people smelling it more than i do and they loving it, i dont know what the hell am missing, am using too many VERY good perfumes but none did bring people to comment on it as much as they do comment about this one.
am using it and will keep using it just because all people around me like it and SMELL it.

pars2002

tried many colognes with hope to find something that gives me the same mood... I failed and back to you like a baby who returns to mom.

silentrich
silentrich

A bit over rated, but a quality fragrance none the less. I can see the "older man" references in this. It's a mature fragrance that really has to be worn by the right person. Can't say I love it, but it's nice. 7 out of 10.

AND-MAT

Something needs to be said and kind of "heads up" to whoever wants to try this scent.

Since I loved that smell, I wanted my friend to smell it too... I took him to the store grabbed a bottle and sprayed... On the first smell we wanted to throw up... It was so strong I did not even like it. Then I realised that I sprayed the juice too close from my skin that it was too concentrated. We had to wait for nearly 2 hours for the juice to settle down although by then it was still going strong.

This perfume is so concentrated and strong that whoever wants to try it, better spray it from a distance so the juice can spread nicely on your skin or you'll not have a great experience.

This perfume is one of my top 5...
Smell 10/10
sillage 9/10
longevity 12/10... lasts and lasts and lasts!

Jose Marcos

At first I thought it was too sweet in the opening, very sugary, syrupy. Still even at this early stage I get the Heritage vibe stronger than in the EDT. Then it tranforms into a very calm and recollected version of its brother. I thought it was very close to the skin but got waves in and out of strong Heritage and L'Instant until it got huge and I realised I had pout on only one spray. Although very smooth and tender it stays strong for quite a long time, and only one spray. In this departament it is tough competition for Dior Homme Intense, but without screaming in your face like the Dior frag. To be honest, it is nice to have it but will have to search for the right occasion to wear it. But I love Guerlain anyway ...

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

In the same gourmand scents family as Dior Homme Intense. I personnally can't stand anise though. So it's a pass for me. Longevity is great.

CDGfan

This is a masterpiece! In a era where fragrances are watered down or reformulated, LIDGE stands apart. My mom says when she smelt it, it took her to Mombasa country clubs in the 1970s, a time when people would dress up in the evening and wear strong and beautiful fragrances. The late Beatrice Piquet's gift to the world is this fragrance.

This lasts 18-24 hours on my skin
Projection is wonderful!

murysusanto
murysusanto

My blind buy with full confident, because I know Guerlain never fails.
Everything else that I have is just as good and for guys out there, check out which one suits you best

For real class fragrance this is the start

My award is 10/10

Cheers

hippopotamus
hippopotamus

My boyfriend just bought this after we both fell in love with it several months ago. There's lot's of cacao here, but not like sweet milk chocolate, this is dark and bitter valrhona. I find it to be very sensual as well as cozy and calming. The patchouli-chocolate combo is perfect, and it really lasts a looong time, especially if you spray it on your clothes or in your hair. In my opinion this is definitely unisex, and I enjoy wearing it myself.

Sarteart
Sarteart

@aucffan1 L`Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Extreme is the edp.
Edt and edp are a bit different. Edp sets smoother and darker mood than edt and it feels a better option for cooler months from the two. Edt moves better into the citrus notes and has lighter anise note that is prominent in the opening of edp.

aucffan1

Is the "extreme" version simply the eau de perfume?? Or is the extreme a different cologne??

Does the L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme come in edt and edp or is the edp the extreme??

THANK YOU e.j_24-36 !!!!

I just bought this from Guerlain's Boutique in Toronto, Canada.. For 75 ml bottle the price is $80.00 US dollars and free shipping to the USA.. In the USA I just dialed area code and number..

Adress: 110 Bloor St W Toronto, ON M5S 2W7, Canada

Phone: +1 416-929-6114

I got it in the mail today... I had to sign for it so it was a good thing I was home.. 3-23-2013
Smells really good and I can see it is deeper and richer than the regualar EDT version.. Both are really good..

hill2dtops
hill2dtops

I got this perfume based on reviews, that is how i buy most of my perfumes- blind buy. Of all the blind buys and tested-buys I've ever bought, this is the best.

RickS1169

when i first got into fragrances i told myself i will never buy multiple bottles of the same fragrance. there is just too many out there to experience, and i had yet to find one that really spoke to me. i bought a back up bottle of this a week after i smelled it for the first time. i plan on getting at least one more back up bottle so i will never go without this wonderful fragrance.

SHERIF SAYED
SHERIF SAYED

Profumo elegante e di grande successo, ma fermo e profumato, e questo è ciò che distingue Profumi Guerlain

nsquared
nsquared

Where do I begin? I was so looking forward to this scent after reading many, many positive reviews. Sounds like a cocoa lover's dream, which I am. I'm a lover of gourmand scents, especially chocolates, cocoas, vanillas, etc...

I did a blind by on this. I don't know what to say except: I'm disappointed. I don't find the scent particularly amazing when first applied. It's OK, but I don't get the all of the ohhhhs and ahhhhhs that everyone is extolling. It's pleasant, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Then after about 20 minutes I smell nothing at all. Perhaps the slightest cocoa, but mostly nothing at all. Perhaps it's my nose? My chemistry? I don't know, but this was a big letdown for me.

This is AMAZING!

unquote
unquote

For once, a juice that lives up to its reputation. Doesn't let you down, not even a bit.

Gourmand, yet spicy. Playful, but dark. Irresistible. It doesn't get any better than this.

EloquentOgre
EloquentOgre

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme eau Extreme opens with a sweet, juicy citrus note I can't quite put my finger on, it's too sweet to be bergamot, perhaps orange, but it has a lightness to it that makes me think another citrus fruit is blended in, and then oh my god, the wonderful cocoa! Warm, deep, soothing, perhaps a little bitter, but wonderful, and with that bitter edge smoothed and polished by a cool, silvery anise note. I'm in bliss already, but the journey evolves a bit from there, into an even more blissful state (afterglow?)

The intitial citrus notes fade, the cocoa gets richer and deeper, and the anise dances with it in a beautiful romance between a sensation of warmth and coldness. A mild, but noticeable patchouli comes into play and blends wonderfully with the cocoa, as do sandalwood and cedar. I begin to notice citrus again, but it smells like a tangy or sour orange which blends, like everything else, superbly with the cocoa. This stage just lasts, and lasts, the lifespan of the fragrance is spectactular on my skin, a good 8-12 hours.

Projection and silage are good to excellent, two to three sprays and I am good to go. This is a fragrance I will wear nearly any time, and anywhere, my only reservation would when the humidity is high, and the thermometer outside exceeds human body temperature, and it feels like I can roast marshmallows over my driveway. And even then I will almost certainly be tempted. Because this is absolutely one of the top fragrances in my wardrobe.

Please, Guerlain, never discontinue or reformulate this wonderful work of artistry.

RickS1169

This is nothing short of spectacular. I get orange in opening, with the dry cocoa in the background. As it travels along the way, the balance will slowly shift to the cocoa being the main player. If you haven't sampled this yet, find a way to. I know it's hard to find in the US but if you get a chance to buy it, then do it. If you somehow don't like it you can always get your money back by selling it to someone else who will cherish it. I certainly do

majedaloosh
majedaloosh

This thing is only for highly distinguished people.. of u r unique and distinguished person u must feel that this perfume is a part of u and fall of in love with it ,, but if u r not then u will find it "good" and maybe buy it again .

jackfort
jackfort

About time! After more than a year of searching, I finally found this hard to find marvel. Something here reminds me a lot of Thierry Mugler's A*Men but in a totally better way, as I dont really like A*Men...

Only problem is that my girl thinks it's a bit feminine. She prefers stuff like Drakkar Noir, Fahrenheit and Bleu de Chanel... Ho well... That's the chance i took when I bought this frag without my loved one...

7.5/10 For Now, we'll see what happens from here...

****Update****

Quality juice with lots of staying power and présence but I dont wear it, just not my cup of tea.

Technically it's a 10/10 but the smell is a 6.5/10 for me.

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

This is AMAZING!

The first time I wore it out on the town it was a breezy day, wafts and hints came at me from different directions and in various strengths.

The aroma in the drydown and towards the end are beautiful.

If you use this as an everyday scent then I cant imagine what you reserve for great, unique, special occasions.

Treat yourself by getting at the least a miniature or a sample.

schnauze63
schnauze63

This is my favorite. After testing different fragrances over a 2 week period, I tried this one + IMMEDIATELY thought "this is warm, spicy and elegant". The only fragrance I have ever purchased without having to think twice + I don't regret it.

I work in a high-end environment, so it fits in well. I also use it with sweaters + sport coats. Seems to work well in close social settings and family functions as well. We kiss 3 times upon greeting where I live + I constantly hear that "I smell deliscious (lekker).'

Let's just hope that the stupid EU does not make wonderful creations like this impossible - there are proposals (2012-13) to ban all natural substances which "may" cause allergic reactions (probably only after consuming 50 bottles of something). If the stupid Eurocrats have their way, I am going to buy 3 bottles of it before it is extinct.

God bless you Beatrice Piquet, your creation is a wonderful legacy.

kavi
kavi

Firstly, let me say that the performance of this fragrance is haunting!

After pre-drinks, partying, sleeping and waking up (almost 16 hours or so) this is still there, and going strong. My bed, shirt, jacket, pretty much anything that came into contact with me has been 'marked' by it, and could be smelled after hours (and days) have passed.

I have only come across very few fragrances which has done so well on my skin like this(A*Men and DHI being others).

Some award needs to be given to who ever made this, as the juice is flippin amazing too. I still cannot fathom how they sell this for the retail price it goes for, it punches so much above it's weight, and class. So easily one of my favourites, and mainstays of my collection (top 5? Most Definitely!)

Kış güneşi,

where can i find it in istanbul?

(Merhaba abi kolay gelsin, aradım bulamadım,var mı Türkiye de satılan yer)

rprovenz
rprovenz

This is masculinity in a bottle.

AND-MAT

Gerlain l'instant de guerlain homme eau extreme... A really long name by the way... Is one of the best male fragrances out there for one reason only... It doesn't smell like chocolate, or praline... but pure cocoa mixed with all the right ingredients to make it one of the best... The cocoa plays as the base of the scent creating a cosy environment without too much sweetness... it's the base for chocolate, the raw material involved here! The anise, tea and citrusses insures the perfection of this scent by adding some freshness and warmth! Complex? I know!! Isn't that great?

axton44
axton44

this is Dior Homme Intense's father. I could see the "most interesting man in the world" smelling like this.

I've had a girl tell me i smell like heaven when wearing this and gotten tons of compliments from random people. I've also had two different girls tell me i smell like an old man, one even said "old man mixed with ass." I guess it really just depends on your taste.

steve0580
steve0580

Excellent fragrance.

This was a blind swap for me. For some reason, I kept thinking it was going to be very gourmand, like A*Men Angel, based on the ingredients. It's not.

It's difficult to describe this scent. It's a little bit sweet, a little bit spicy and a little bit chocolate. It's smooth and comforting.

To me, there's nothing else quite like it. The praise is well deserved. Without question, a favorite.

avfc92
avfc92

In the UK, this scent is getting more and more difficult to find, House of Fraser often have a sneaky bottle, so if you are ever lucky enough to come across a bottle, even if you have not smelt this before, BUY IT....i guarantee you wont be disappointed....i have around 30 fragrances at any one time, big hitters too....the obvious issey miyake and dior homme intense, but also real gems such as A*Men pure malt....but this by far gets the most compliments....A lady told me last week she could eat me i smelt that good in a shopping centre elevator.....and it smells really that good, pure heavenly bliss...amazing.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

L'Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme Eau Extreme is the epitome of sophistication. Warm cacao, spicy anise, and deep patchouli. I first thought this smelled like a sexy pine tree, but as it began to dry down I could smell the anise and the way it mixed with the cacao and patchouli made me think of tailored suits, cigars, bourbon, and Italian leather. I picture a very classy gentleman wearing this and as a woman, I must say I adore this fragrance on a man!

fuggerone
fuggerone

great in its simple and subtle charm... a masterpiece with a reasonable price!

sebjar

@pars2002 55/56 Euros a bottle! I can't quite remember how much since I did it so quick! The Paris CDG Duty Free shop was like a mini Galleries Lafayette I went crazy in there with all the fragrance options I could find. Too bad I only had 10 minutes total time to do my shopping. Maybe for the best because God knows how many other bottles of cologne I would have purchased if I had more time!

pars2002

@Sebjar, Congratulations and have wonderful time with this masterpiece. May I just know how much did you pay for them?

sebjar

I was able to pick up two bottles of this masterpiece at the Paris CDG airport duty free and bring it back to the states finally. It's so damn good. Hands down my current favorite. It's amazing! Thank you Uber cab driver for wearing this masterpiece in your cab because if it wasn't for you I would never have discovered. Let's see will two bottles last me longer than a year? I hope so!

Update 01/30/2013 ... I just can't get enough of this frag. I love how the Cocoa, Patchouli and citrus is blended together. And it's so awesome with my body chemistry. I keep spraying it on myself. Gosh am I turning off some folks? Probably but who cares with an amazing frag like this right?

naelk
naelk

I think this is a masterpiece fragrance, very deep, sophisticated and classy. better in scent & longevity than the EDT version but has less projection. From my point of view, it's the best fragrance from Guerlain and one of the best fragrance in the word.

rating:

scent : 9
projection: 7
complement: 7
longevity: 9
versatility: 8

danielresendem
danielresendem

It's a beautiful creation! hard to describe. Smell like chocolate, but much more better!

Longevity, projection, sillage, Scent, confort..Everything is great !!

Anatolian_Swarthy

it smells like D&G the one gentleman? i have it and i wonder does it smell like guerlain extr.?

wbp
wbp

Just wonderful! So warm and cozy. It is cacao scent, but not too sweet. Really well made! i am a woman and i love it!

TheLumineri
TheLumineri

WOW.........just, wow! =]

Go4broke
Go4broke

I blind bought this based on reviews from this site. I have to say this is one of those scents that, when you smell it, it does something magical to your senses, even if the smell itself isnt staggering. It is a fantastic frag, but with an extra touch of magic. Remarkable on every level.

nszlufik
nszlufik

Masculine, slightly sweet, warm, elegant. It is not youthful and it is not old..its middle aged. It is very unique. The cacao definitley stands out. Not many other people are wearing this out there so it is also very exclusive. Seeing as popular as bourbony or warm, rich scents are....if you are the kind of person that likes scents like Dolce & Gabanas the one... you should try this.

Projects perfectly - doesnt scream but doesnt make u sniff someones skin
Longevity - was easily recognizable all day and i could still smell it on my skin the next morning. Above average.

SwagScent
SwagScent

To me, this is a good fragrance, but overrated. It is essentially cocoa powder and citrus. It smells a bit dated, but still not a bad fragrance.

learningnose
learningnose

Hi everyone!
To me, this is an olfactive experience, pure style. I know it's well made, well blended, a refined gourmand, in a gastronomic way... But I think it's not something I'd wear. That being said, for the "genre" it's definitely a masterpiece and deserves a 5/5!

33lko
33lko

One of the best fragrances on the market!
Classy, unique, high quality, long lasting, vibrant, guerlinade radiating
dry-down. I agree with all the positive reviews on this on. A 10 out of 10!!!!!

djews
djews

Brilliant, just brilliant. Perfect smell, versatile, strong but not overpowering and lasts forever. I don't think it is possible to be able to find a better fragrance than it. Every time I put it on after not using it for a bit I am lost for words. This could easily be too over the top but some how it is absolutely perfect. It's very well blended. 10/10. Perfect!

Housebliss

I find myself constantly going back to this one. It's just beautiful. I asked the girls at work what they thought (I usually do that with every perfume I wear..they don't mind..) and they love it.

Due to the citrus note in this, you can even wear it in warmer weather as well. If I had to choose just one, any occasion, all year round, this would be it.

Edit: This really shines after about 2 hours. I do find the opening kind of harsh, but when it settles down it really is something spectacular.

pars2002

@Sebjar, If you have the chance to visit Dubai Intl. airport u'll find many of this beautiful perfume in shelves of duty free shops with 82 USD tag price.
In Iran still many places supply this and the EDT as well.
Cheers!

sebjar

I'm so bummed as I cannot get this fragrance here in the States. Went to Neimans, Saks and no one seems to have it. Is this fragrance still available in Europe? I'm flying to France and onto Italy and was hoping I can pick up a bottle at the Duty Free. I'm hoping!

I smelled this on Thanksgiving Day on the Uber Car drives and man was I blown away by the beautifully intoxicating smell. It was Amazing. It brought back memories of the first time smelling A*Men. I was quickly hooked. The Uber Car driver was nice enough to text me pics because he had a very heavy accent and I quickly searched and can't find it anywhere. I just hope I can pick up a bottle while in France.

If anyone has any info about this fragrance please don't hesitate to let me know.

pheta
pheta

Simply a beautiful fragrance!

I’ll echo others and say that it is simple yet complex at the same time. Maybe not so much complex as simply well crafted, smooth, harmonious, natural, enjoyable, dynamic, rich and luxurious LIDGE is not so complex because in my opinion it is more linear than i prefer but yet it's still dynamic enough to be interesting. More importantly it is so well done that it loses no marks for this "linearness".

The sheer quality of the Guerlain house is demonstrated in what is ultimately a bargain price for this niche-like juice.

One to be enjoyed by true fragrance aficionados!

Prehistoric_Nudist
Prehistoric_Nudist

well made...10/10

CDGfan

This is a masterpiece! In a era where fragrances are watered down or reformulated, LIDGE stands apart. My mom says when she smelt it, it took her to Mombasa country clubs in the 1970s, when people would dress up in the evening and wear strong and beautiful fragrances. The late Beatrice Piquet's gift to the world is this fragrance.

This lasts 18-24 hours on my skin
Projection is wonderful!

stievenko
stievenko

I bought this fragrance last week because this is praised like the holy grail lol.

As for my first wearing I am already addicted to this stuff! What a wonderful parfum this is.
It opens up a bit harch but after a few minutes the star anise is all over the place.
After an hour or two it transforms in a sweet chocolat smell that is sooooo pleasant to wear.
I put this on at 8.30 AM and now at 15.45 I can still enjoy it! This is extraordinary for me because normally I don't notice a fragrance anymore after a few hours unless I smell myself.
It's not really heavy to wear, and it doesn't offend people. Just amazing longevity on the skin and projects really well.
I recently reviewed La nuit de l'homme (EDP) and there I couldn't notice it anymore after 4 hours so I had to respray in the afternoon but with this one it's totally different.
The heart and base of this fragrance is just nicely done and very complex so you don't get used to it as time goes by.

This is love at first "sight", and I am sure this will stay in my collection for a long time! I just hope this will stay on the market because I already had a hard time finding it and actually bought the second last bottle in the shop... Some people are speaking about discontinuation, well, I hope that's a lie because this truly is a MASTERPIECE !!!

I love this, 10+ out of 10
Immense quality and value for money

gill007
gill007

Dry down is very similar to givency's very irresistible fresh attitude. may be thats coz of cedar in base notes. really like it but wont buy it though.! its much more expensive than givency.(m nat saying that they r same frags, they go miles apart but dry down smells similar to my nose.)

dromidreza
dromidreza

واقعا چرا من ازین عطر خوشم نمیاد.هر چه بو میکنم چیز خاصی درش نمی بینم.خدایا به راه راستم هدایت فرما.

Assiduosity
Assiduosity

Not so much an edible fragrance as a devourable one. This isn't food scent this is gastronomic perfume.

Cast aside any prejudices you have from the disappointing eau de toilette the parfum is an altogether different dish: a rich, oriental spice flavoured repast with a dash of sugar that serves to elevate the other flavours rather than to cloy the gourmand palate it pleases.

For all of these reasons this is neither bourgeois nor complacent though certainly complaisant. It takes a level of sophistication and maturity to appreciate this l'Instant and a degree of self possession to wear it with the assurance it demands.

The originality of the experience along with good silage and excellent longevity dictate that you should be on a good footing with this olafactory friend before committing to a date; don't spray unless you are prepared for him to stay.

My advice though would be to brush up on your Shakespeare, dust down you best tuxedo afix a bow tie, perhaps in midnight blue velvet, and prepare for a night on the town together.

This well bred stranger will not disappoint.

FTinoco
FTinoco

Designed by Beatrice Piquet, but manufactured by the Oompa-Loompas in the Guerlain's 'Chocolate Factory', under the supervision of Mr. Willy Wonka.

This cocoa... Oh... It's A M A Z I N G!

10/10.

Believe me.

Thank you, Guerlain.

Thank you, Mrs. Piquet. May you rest in peace...

♫ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♪
♪ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫

"...Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-do
I have a perfect puzzle for you
Oompa, Loompa, doom-pa-dee-dee
If you are wise, you'll listen to me..."

MarkT
MarkT

Oh my, what to say- took it for a test drive, honestly cant smell a thing beyond alcohol and a bit of cocoa during the initial application, than maybe the faintest sour/metallic scent. Then I go out, and get more compliments in one evening than I have ever experienced in my life. So, what to say? I'm anosmic to something, not being able to smell it takes half the fun out of it, but having people awkwardly trying to get closer to sniff me? Worth the bottle :D

ghamdi
ghamdi

i have this scent>>so i am dandy!!!! lol
this scent realy realy make me feel(gintle and elegant)it's made to attract women in dance party.

vw
vw

If you have this, then you are gentleman, handsome and dandy!!!!!

Kain
Kain

If you like the EDT version, you will love this one. but if don't like the EDT, at least try this, because it's a great fragrance.
There are many similarities but at the same time there are some positive differences that make this fragrance a better version of the EDT version.
The opening is semi fresh and semi sweet scent with strong spicy notes and some patchouli note in the background.
It's very masculine and sensual with so classy smell, great for a young man with tie and suit that is going to a classy party with so many rich folks in it!
In the mid, the semi fresh citrusy scent is gone and star anise which is the spicy source of the scent settled down. now the magic happens and beautiful coco smell kick in!
The coco note give the scent very beautiful aroma. I can't describe it exactly but it's wonderful.
In the base you have a sweet coco smell mixed with some floral notes and some spicy notes, both in the background.
Very classy scent with really great quality and so elegant smell.
Very good projection and longevity.
يه عطر بسيار خوشبو با بوي بسيار شيك و باكلاس
يه تفاوتهايي با نسخه ادو تويلت داره كه به نظر من بهتر و خوشبترش كرده
رايحه اوليه اين عطر بوي نسبتا شاداب به خاطر وجود مركبات هست كه با مقدار زيادي رايحه باديان رومي كه بوي تند و يه مقدار تلخي بهش ميده اما تنديش مثل تندي فلفل نيست. بوي تند و تلخ خاصي داره. اين تركيباتُ بوي ملايمي از نعناي هندي هم همراهي ميكنه. اين مجموعه رايحه ها مقداري شيرين هم هستن كه در مجموع يه تركيب بسيار خوشبو ايجاد ميكنن
در ادامه بوي تند باديان رومي ضعيف ميشه و بوي مركباتي محو ميشه و حالا نوبت بوي كاكائو هست كه وارد بشه و اين تركيب عالي رو عالي تر كنه
بوي كاكائو اينجا شبيه بوي پودر كاكائو هست و بوي شكلاتي نداره
در رايحه پاياني بوي كاكائو قويتر ميشه به همراه رايحه هاي شيرين و مقداري هم بوي گل كه همچنان يه تركيب بسيار خوشبو و عالي هست
پخش بو و ماندگتري خوبي داره
اگه از عطري مثل ديور اوم اينتنس خوشتون مياد، اين تقريبا تو همون سبك ولي بوي متفاوتي داره
حتما تست كنين و به تعريفات من توجه نكنين. ممكنه شما خوشتون نياد و بعد بياين منو فحش بدين

kida2010
kida2010

Hate to say it but i really dont like it, i can see it for a fantasticaly well made fragrance, smooth, well blended and super long lasting even after a shower.
But its not for me, after the cocoa fades into the sandalwood/citrus/floral its just became too sharp and had a more feminine smell to it. Tried to wash it off but could smell it hrs later lol!
I dont know where people get A*men from?? theyre worlds apart!
This is not sickly sweet and no caramel/tar. Even the chocolate note is different, this is dusty dry cocoa not milk choc.

Great fragrance but really not to my liking. Shame.

bjornkeizers
bjornkeizers

Wow. Just... Wow.

This is my first EDP and also my first experience with Guerlain. I blind bought (!) this based on the reviews and knowing what I like in terms of notes. This is truly something unique compared to the 'regular' scents that I usually wear.

I'm by no means an expert, but you can definitely tell this is more complex then your average fragrance. To me, it feels as if it's playing a game with my senses: I get the feeling of hot chocolate by a roaring fire. When I wear it, I actually get a taste of whipped cream... it's playing quite the headgame on me, and I love it!

The opening is pretty much a joke well played on unsuspecting fragrance lovers. Opens with citrus, then proceeds to hit you in the face with a hut mug of chocolate. Delightful in every way throughout the drydown.

Wearing this the first day, I got four compliments without prompting. This continued for the rest of the week - I wore it seven days straight, which is quite rare for me. Will definitely need a backup bottle for this. It also lasts for ages. If I apply two sprays at 7AM, it's still going strong at 7PM that evening. After that it drops off, but I actually did get a hint of it at 7 the next morning. No complaints on strength, obviously.

All in all... would I recommend it: you bet! Blind buying is probably not recommended because of the sheer potency though.

Dr_Spazmo
Dr_Spazmo

LIDGE is a pretty complex fragrance but at the same time its not. I can't really explain it. It is pretty linear and doesn't really have any major development that would make you (omg, that's not the same fragrance I applied an hour ago). Its pretty linear with pretty good longevit and projection. This does indeed smell like the original but this is a more intense cocoa scent. Very gourmandish and hard to find so if you can find a bottle, pick it up. You won't regret it !

Rating System:

Longevity: 8/10 (Lasts abut 6-8 hours on my skin which is great for me)

Projection: 7.5/10 (Projected for about 3-4 hours which is also very good)

Sillage: 7/10 (I leaves trails behind you so easy on the trigger.

Scent: 8.5/10 (Easy to love scent, although very linear it has a nice gourmand touch to it)

Final Rating: 7.8/10 (Very nice sophisticated scent)

kami07
kami07

يك كار شيك كه هرموقع استفاده كردم همه از من پرسيدن البته بگم يك بار توتابستون زدم همه اطرافيام كلافه شدن ولي تو سرما خيلي باحاله

vannamond
vannamond

Chic, warm and very parisien. For winter only.

pars2002

My nightmare is EXTREME discontinuation!
Mrs. Piquet passed away in 2010 and nobody can replace her. If LIDGE discontinues , no fragrance will be substituted.

spiderman999

nah kokorico iyi aq,,you are very funny walstar,kokorico better? zhhuahaahahhaa :))

Osrockoo
Osrockoo

Here"s a reality check on gender bias, I honestly find scent associations with older younger people biased and ridiculously moronic, there i said it, "Ive seen it a lot here and i"ve had it with the bullsh.. What ,wear fruity you"ll smell young wear vetiver you smell old? bullsh..., Stupid perceptions and associations lead to stupid biases and prejudices. Lets make one thing clear, without soap everyone stinks to high heaven, whether your 6yo or 60yo don't wash and you"ll reek , just because your grand mother wore bad cocktail frags you didn't enjoy dont mean you smell like an older person if you wear it, if you wear a bad frag you'll you smell like a bad cocktail frag, not a teen, nor a grand mother. you"ve read the logic now please, spread the bloody word! thanX.

an.jorePipip
an.jorePipip

The opening is not as bright as L'instant de Guerlain classic, less citrus I think. It is the mature version of L'instant de Guerlain, smokier yet softer but sexier as well. On me, the cacao note is very dominant, and stays all day...like it!

mynameischarlie
mynameischarlie

I blind-bought this due to the many praises I read on this site. Now I have to echo my own too. It's definitely not something you'd commonly smell when you go out on other people like with some popular fragrances at Macy's.

It has a strong floral, patchouli, anise, citrus smell with a mysterious backdrop one you spray it. After about 30 minutes the chocolate is revealed and it grows stonger over the next hour. If ever there was a scent that I'd describe as a symphony of smell, it's defintely this one.

My only critique is it isn't the most versatile of scents--you could have a hard time pulling it off if you're 19, wearing jeans and a tee on a balmy summer day. On the other hand, this is THE perfect scent if your around 30ish and dressed up to go out on a Fall Saturday night.

DJM

First of all, I would like to start off by saying that I appreciate many different types of scents, for what they are. I do NOT believe that a scent is "Dated". Maybe the term so commonly used and referred to as "dated" should be changed to "What is not currently being worn by everyone else in the present time". A scent should be a reflection of your personality, and a personal choice of who you are, and what you like, how you feel, and could at times also be a reflection of your mood at the particular time. It's all about personal choices. With that being said, I really find it hard to understand when someone uses that term, or the term, "smelling like an old man" We all like what we like, and what appeals to us. I don't wear a cologne feeling guilty about offending someone else with how I feel like smelling. I am not trigger happy with some of the more potent juices, but if I like something I wear it, no matter who else is wearing it or who isn't wearing it. I can be totally comfortable wearing Rochas Man one day, and Kouros the next day. Personally, I have received many more compliments with the "Unique" not so popular scents then I have with what everyone else is wearing at the time.

Sorry for the rant. On to my review of this AMAZING fragrance. Although I have read mostly favorable reviews on this, I decided not to blind buy and only purchase a small vial of this initially. Big mistake! From my first wearing of this, I knew that this was one fragrance where all of the "Hype" and "Buzz" was NOT just that. To me, this was everything and more that I was looking for. Sometimes in my wearing of this, I notice a little more of the citrus note being predominant, and other times, all cocoa. Either way, I am pleased from the opening note, to the middle to the dry down of this one.

This is something that is very pleasant from start to finish, and one can always tell it is there without it being offensive to anyone. It is not overly sweet, projects in all of the right ways, and is probably one of the longest lasting that I have ever worn. I did notice a little of Calvin Kleins "Obsession" as it was on my skin for a longer period, but to me, it has a different vibe to it, and is a classier scent then that one, and most of the other ones I have in my collection. Something about this is just very uplifting and puts me in a great mood when I smell this. Since I am in the midwest, and the weather has started to change, I know this is going to be a fall and winter fave of mine, and I will probably wear nothing but this for the next several months. This is also a scent, that IF it is reformulated in time, if any one of the signiture notes are missing, there is nothing that can be substituted to make this any better formulated then it is right now, without totally ruining it.

3 days after I got my vial of this gem in the mail, I decided that I needed a full bottle of this, and I would not settle for anything less. I would pay much more then I did for it knowing how much I love this one. It is worth so much more then many of the others that are twice this much. A true masterpiece to be enjoyed by guys of any age in my opinion. From nice jeans and a nice pullover or sweater to formal use, this is very versatile and will always be in heavy rotation for me.

The waiting is the hardest part, as I keep tracking the wear abouts of my bottle, to find out that it is fifteen minutes away from me and will be delivered to me tomorrow. This will be the highlight of my entire weekend, knowing that I have something that is not very easy to come by.

Anyone out here who appreciates the "Finer" things in life simply could not go wrong by owning this "Masterpiece", and this one will Never fit into the catagory of being "Dated" or "Old Manish". If you choose to refer to it in this manner. One day there are going to be a lot of "Old Men" out there walking around smelling incredible. I know I am, or will be one of them

Hunt this one down, before it is impossible to find, or reformulated. Which ever one comes first!

My new fave. It is going to be very difficult to top this one. Nosegasm in a bottle

totoksoedarto
totoksoedarto

This is the scent I was looking for. I was so curious when somebody passingpassing by with this smell. What'a the kind of fragrance he worn..? Good projection, good longevity, good sillage, etc...etc..etc..My favourite
fragrance

ocean.lake
ocean.lake

This is a classy and a formal fragrance. Targeted for a charismatic mature man. Projection is noticable, not too overpowering nor offend people around you. The choco powder note is just delicious without being too sweet.

I can assure you that LIDGE will attract women above 30's. I received many compliments when wearing this perfume in my office.

In this case, "So I should do 90 times sommersaults while saying WOW, shouldn't I?"

thefunkygibbon
thefunkygibbon

This is simply intoxicating..I sense a real burnt choclatey smell..deep and sensual..love it

senore01
senore01

This is a very well blended fragrance. I find it to be a tad on the mature side but yet modern enough to be worn daily. I love the cacao and star anise notes. Very happy with this purchase.

Annica
Annica

This fragrance is simply stunning. I smelled it on fabric today. Couldn´t help myself but ordered 75 ml. It´s a male frag but who cares? Got to have it.

G O R G E O U S!

Aroma therapy!!

tobbe.sjodin

Alright! I got this in the mail today!
Fell in love with it!! So no I ordered 2 bottles more! In case of it will be discontinued! :)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAG1987

I have constantly read reviews about the reformulation of my favourite fragrance. I had a bottle to get through before buying another. That time came, I was nervous as I did not know what to expect. I ordered from Escentual and received this last week. Firstly the bottle I have HAS CHANGED it has no black sides and base, it is now identical to the EDT bottle only with the Eau De Parfum lettering. Now for my first spray, the smell upon first spray to me is quite "zingy" like a burst of citrus and alcohol then it instantly settles. One spray on my arm and boy is it oily. Has always been an oily parfum so to me that was a good sign. The drydown seems the same and the scent all round resembles the Cacao power bitch I fell in love with. Although something to my nose seems ever so slightly different maybe a tad weaker but it still seems quite strong. 7 hours later and I still smell that one spray on ny arm just as strong. It is still radiating and I still Love LIDGE she has changed even though she didn't need to but FSA? To blame NOT Guerlain. My bottle is from May 2014 perhaps she has improved from the first or second reformulation I don't know. Still have 3/4 of an original bottle that I will keep as well as my new bottle. Hopefully people don't lose respect for Guerlain as my parfum still smells very much of Guerlain Class. Beautiful!!

WOW!!! This really is amazing, not a lot more I can add to what has already been expressed by numerous member reviews but seriously this is "THE BITCH". I love DHI but this one is in a league of it's own and basically blows everything else out of the water. I had a 1ml decant that I purchased off ebay and I used it on Sunday and I can still smell it on my bed sheets and my shirt (that has been washed since) This stuff really lingers and the smell is just out of this world. Read on a few sites and also on the description of an ebay listing that this was or is being discontinued. I thought how the hell can this be true, but after contacting Guerlain directly, they reassured me that this wasn't the case. I am buying a full bottle on Friday when I am paid. The great thing is here in the UK I can buy it from John Lewis, House of Fraser, Debenhams and Selfridges. I can see myself being entangled in a long term love affair with this one.... 10/10 ***** AMAZING

reinhard5490
reinhard5490

L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme. what would you hope from this word 'Extreme'? sillage and longevity? Guerlain give you more than that.

his brother, LIDG is already a great fragrance. features citrus opening and anise-cocoa for the rest. describing a man with attitude. a man with something to grab in his life. but something is missing in LIDG. the citrus opening, which makes it more versatile makes LIDG somewhat lack of character

then comes LIDGE. the Extreme version. it born as a smoother, refined version of the wonderful L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme. its build for a men who desire something refined in his life. something that almost unbeatable, the sense of over-the-top.

with great sillage and shocking longevity (It stays in your skin for almost a full day, you better test it yourself) for the price, few fragrance could do any better than this. and one of the best Guerlain that ever made

about the scent itself, I was initially had an opinion that "this scent will not easily liked", I was wrong. most people likes it in the seconds they sniff it on my body. not the panty dropper thingy, lol. the scent talk about something more than just one night stand, the LIDGE talks about a fine things in life, an achievement of someone's life

this perfume is not for clubbing guys who looks for girls. its intended for guys who want to make a statement to the people near him

JohnMc

Rich, seductive, sophisticated and articulates a guy who understands.

Understands the finer things in life, a gentle touch, high standards and an effortless sophistication.

tobbe.sjodin

Alright I wanna get my hands on this beauty!
I love Dior Homme Intense so I know I will love this masterpiece! Here in Sweden it's impossible to buy it :( that sucks so hard!!!

kıvanç.ekinciler
kıvanç.ekinciler

wooow a perfect not sweet energic coco scent! amazing longevity and really good projection!

devilluvzme
devilluvzme

this perfume is magical
couldnt believe my eyes when i came across the extreme version at a shop near my home
i blind bought it since they had no tester but it was love at first sniff
it is now my signature fragrance and people often ask what it is n they are surprised when i say the name cos Guerlain is quite an unknown entity over here
paid around $120 for it and it is truly value for money
am now glad that it is so easily available over here

almondbreakfast

I just read the news that Beatrice Piquet has passed away in March 2010. May be most of us are not aware of the news.

I just want to write something here to pay homage to her beautiful creation, and I truly feel that we owe it to her. As a die-hard fan, I just bought another 4 bottles of this today.

Dear Beatrice,
You have graced the earth with one of the most beautiful scents a man can make, a man can smell and a man can dream of.

The magic is instant and will live on forever. May you rest in peace.

Love,
-Mr. Almond-

icufish

Agusmuharya, maybe you don´t feel it after one hour, however it is strange in any case, because its longevity is really enormous, 12 hours and more, sometimes 24. Ask somebody after 6 hours, if he/she does feel the perfume´s smell on your skin. For me this is No1!

agusmuharya
agusmuharya

i don't know why but this only last an hour on me :(

jgirgar
jgirgar

Magnificent! Funny story, May 2012 I was leaving for vacation to San Francisco with full intention of buying a fragrance or two and after a couple of years of researching where to buy this fragrance, I found it by chance at the duty free shop at the airport the morning I left for my trip (along with one of my two Cartier Santos fragrances, EDT)! Completely unexpected. Having already fallen in love with the powerful EDT I knew this was going to be great. It's a bit strange in that it's spicy/peppery subtly sweet chocolately yummy with a kick of caffeine. I like what ssyed1 stated 'People who have a very unique scent palate will be drawn to' this EDP. True, it's unique, powerful and rich. Those drawn to 'light' and subtle...fly fly fly. JG 083012

Edit: Perhaps if it were readily available where Guerlain is sold it would sell better. It's so damn hard to find. JG 090712

KinG JameS

After Dior Homme Intense got reformulated, this took over the Seat of my Signature scent, its soooo lovely that I kinda fear puttin it on, lest I keep on smellin myself like a crazy dude... boy does it hypnotize me, it doesnt have so much developement like many fragrances do as in top, heart base en the like, its leaves that to its little sister the EDT, this gives you that cocoa and hibiscus from the beginnin to the end. And it lasssssttttttsss. I hope they never tweak or tamper with it like Dior Homme Intense. I would be reeaaalllllyyyyyy mad.

niko1986
niko1986

masterpiece!

Lurifax
Lurifax

The opening of the fragrance is like a little piece of heaven. It comes at you from every direction, and I just had to sit down and injoy. It last for 5-10 min or so, and then it starts to show its real face. Its a very,very pretty face! I simply love this fragrance! The dry down to me, is cocoa/vanilla with patchouli flower and jasmine in the back. Its not too sweet, its masculine and yet its silky. It last on me 12 hours +
It might not be the cheapest, but here you really get what you pay for, and more.

For me this is a masterpiece!

'UPDATE'
I have now had this for 8 month, and my nose have smelled alot more. I still think it has alot going, in the first 20min ir so, but then it gets liniar. Its dry's down to that Coco/sandelwood and stays there. I can still say that even now where I smelled more expensive "quality¨" juice, this is still something i truly enjoy, and always return too. I highly recommend this for those with a sweet nose. I actually think its a steal for the money you pay for this juice.

ssyed1
ssyed1

Caution: The ratings may seem to imply that it is a safe blind buy or the best scent ever, however, you have to keep in mind that there is probably a survey bias - your average person probably has NO idea what L'Instant Extreme is and so will have no reason to try it out (hence will never review this fragrance). People who have a very unique scent palate will be drawn to L'Instant Extreme and will skew the the results. The results above are most likely not representative of the general population so be careful!

Scent: On my skin (relatively oily) the only note I can really sense is that of the cacao (a very warm cacao). For those who mentioned/are curious about the citrus, on me, that accord is entirely absent (confirmed with a few other noses). The scent hasn't evolved significantly - over the last 8 hours, it has retained the warm cacao smell - however, it did become a little sweeter, albeit not really gourmand sweet. The cacao in this scent is entirely distinct from the chocolate note in many gourmands (i.e. Very Irresistible or A*men) - those chocolate notes, to me, are reminiscent of chocolate bars, the cacao in this is similar to the cocoa powder used for baking. I would save this for colder days and evenings. Rating: B

Projection/Sillage: Perfect - by that I mean the scent doesn't inundate the room with its fumes. If I'm 3 or 4 feet away from someone, they will definitely smell me, however, it won't be obtrusive. If you're sitting in a room with a little circulation, gentle tufts of this scent will graze pass noses in the most inviting way. Rating: A

Longevity: Unbelievable - The first day I tried this on, it lasted for over 10 hours. I applied some to the back of my hand just so I could easily access it throughout the day, and even though I washed my hands more than 5 or 6 times, I could still smell this scent at the end of the night. Rating: A

Overall Impression: As a 20 year old college kid, I enjoy the scent but the women around me think this makes me smell like an older man (in case you're wondering, these women love scents like aventus, spicebomb, pure malt, and acqua di gio on me). If you like clean, fresh, crisp or sweet scents and are a newbie in terms of fragrances (like me), you may not like this scent. This is a more elegant and sophisticated fragrance, something I imagine established men to wear, not anyone under 25. I plan on revisiting this guy later on in life...

Swahili
Swahili

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
العطر با شباب راااااائع وأكثر من راائع .
سواء ثبات أو فوحان وقبل ذلك طبعا جمال الرائحة .
عطر لينستانت جيرلاين رهيب وسعره عجيب مقارنة بمواصفاته وميزاته .العطر جذاب لمن يعشق الفانيليا وهي قاعدة العطر أصلا .
اشتريته مرتين والاخير عجب الوالد فتم السطو عليه بطريقة جميلة ههههههه عليه لا مفر من شرائه للمرة الثالثة
عموما هالعطر رائع فعلا والتجربة خير برهان

للأمانة ما كنت أعرفه جربته مرة في أحد المحال وقرأت عنه في
موقع العطور العربي الأول موقع (عطر دوت انفو

fahad.al dowailah
fahad.al dowailah

It took me a year to really appreciate this one. I wasn't so sure about the citrus and cocoa combination, but after a few wears i really just fell in love with this.

Starts off with tea, citrus and coco, witch smells disgusting in my opinion, but after 10-15 minutes the citrus disappears and the tea tones down into something AMAZING! The sharp star anise comes in, with the coco and it turns into this sexy expensive smelling eau de parfum.

( This is always my issue with Guerlain fragrances, the top notes are off-putting to my nose, but their bases are just to DIE for! This only says one thing; They care about the fragrance, and whats in it. They don't posh and sugarcoat the top notes witch leads the buyer to buy the fragrance. They don't care about sales. I really have respect for Geurlain. Top quality )

So the base of this!!! The star anise tones down, and gets less sharp. The delicious sandalwood comes in with the patchouly, and mix in with the coco and becomes this very warm and cozy eau de parfum. The base of this is absolutely perfect! 7/10 :)

almondbreakfast

To anyone who is here & wondering "Should i buy this?"

My suggestion, 3 words:

BLIND BUY THIS!

if you don't like it, ship it to my address and i will be happy to pay you for 70% of what you paid for the purchase.

you may bargain with me though.. ;)

Hit that button on ebay!

-Mr. Almond-

akur79
akur79

Maybe this perfume suitable for most people. But sorry,this one is not for me. I'm chocolate lovers but LEDGE is not my scent. dont know why

darwood
darwood

I'm not one of those people who can smell a fragrance and start rolling off all the different things that I can smell but what I can do is tell people that it smells awesome in a lighter more flowery Pure Havana kinda way. Also if your a man ( straight ) then women really seem to love this fragrance. This is currently my no1 winter fragrance which I didn't think was possible as I own Thierry Mugler Pure Havana but this just beats it with it being an EDP and not EDT. Amazing stuff and worth the money unlike most of the Tom Ford EDP for men.

ericrico
ericrico

Comparative review to L'Instant Pour Homme EdT

This is excellent - no comparison really. I checked "Like", but it is very close to "Love" for me. I really, really like it. I will do a full-wearing and come back. Excellent, rather profound richness. It is everything the EdT hopes and aspires to be without the mainstream, watered-down vibe. EdT actually pales poorly in comparison...

So many great reviews here.

I will make mine short and to the point. This is how modern EdP's should be fashioned - original, wonderful, natural ingredients; rich and oily texture that melds with your body's heat; moderate sillage with a radiant and confident glow of beauty; and, excellent longevity. Awesome.

I will say this - the EdT bottling cannot hold a candle to this. There may be similar notes but, one could apply 4-5 times as much EdT and still not get the wonderful depth of scent and beauty this has.

A thoughtful sample from a friend. Full bottle worthy and on my "Want" list...birthday coming up later this year. Final point - this would be remarkable in cold weather, agreed. But, actually, it is so pure in scent (and not cloying), it is a true year-round fragrance. The only time I would not wear it would be on a very hot summer day, but I would definitely wear it on a warm summer evening (especially for a romantic, intimate occasion)...this is sensual, masculine and one of the few modern Guerlain bottlings that I believe is truly exceptional!

I will revisit...Cheers!

nglatech
nglatech

to be honest i'm totally beginner in perfume world,
this perfume is cool, calm n dark with weird opening citus+dark cocoa, but its nice after top notes.
its strong but inoffensive
its calm but not subtle
its dark but not gloomy
yeah its elegant.
i dont know this is gonna work with average people or not but a must have for every perfume collectors.
the truth of the darkness.

UPDATE:
3 sprays lasted all day long, very mysterious fragrance.
ohh coco cocoa coco de rasta
coco cocoa coco de rasta

my regard to @iko4177 about his recommendation

Sergio BH
Sergio BH

It's my TOP 10 of my intire collection ( more then 130 bottles).

MASTERPIECE.

Silage 10/10
Scent 10/10
Projection 9,5/10
Versatility 8/10 (dont use in a hot days)
Longevity 10/10
Overall 9,5/10

andri.kwa
andri.kwa

I really love this perfumes.9/10 on my opinion...but isn't easy to find this thing..can anyone give me some alternative fragnance that smell quiet same with this perfume....thank a lot...

bcoops
bcoops

I have worn this a few times, in layman's terms, the opening smells weird and I don't like it....a good hr in and its excellent and I love it.....longevity? I sprayed it on last night around 5pm.....was still on me strong at 8am nuff said

iko4177
iko4177

I have a 99 % in a bottle n 1 back up...it's a rare juice in my country...used to wake up my mood...what a gem in a bottle...a must have fragrance

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

If you must have this, please don't allow yourself to get scalped. It's easy to find in Europe, but many people don't know where to buy it from in the USA and end up paying WAY more than they need to.

Bergdorf Goodman's Guerlain counter in NYC and the Guerlain Boutique in Toronto both offer free shipping on a bottle of this stuff for under $80USD. In addition, they'll send you samples of more rare things if you just ask.

Buying direct is an option sometimes, guys!

Redpula
Redpula

After almost a year of craving, I saved my bullet for the right kill and wait patiently for perfect timing, looking for the best price on this hard to find perfume.

Then I took the risk of buying a 75ml bottle from an online seller with only this item to sell at only $88 shipping inclusive, way lowest compared with other sellers.

My risk is worth it because seller communicates and on it's second week, parcel arrived today and voila L'instant de Guerlain Extreme in it's purest form with box is in my hands.

My personal take on this is Love, Possession and Wealth.

Love - you will never hate this fragrance nor will cloy and annoy anyone who can smell this. My bosses at work immediately complimented how wonderful it smelled on me. A compliment getter. Super.

Passion - being one of the rarest perfumes around, you will cherish and keep it to only use on special moments/occasions.

Wealth - one of the few perfumes that will make you smell like a wealthy man. It has a class on it's own and it lingers for hours.

The scent on top is similar to L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme EDT then it changes it's path for a more fragrant character once beautiful cocoa, hibiscus, lapsang tea and patchouli unravel. As the EDT gets lighter and takes a hint of Armani White for Him drydown which is good, LEDGE maintains being bold, unique and keeps on floating to impress. A very close to holy grail indeed.

Sillage is moderate in 3 sprays, never cloying. It is almost heavy if you smell it directly on sprayed areas, sensual and elegant when you smell it by distance. Unlike the EDT that is more fresh and ideal for casual wearings, LEDGE packs a punch that is exclusive and formal.

L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme or LEDGE as how it was abbreviated by many fits the word for it defines: a raised or projecting edge or molding. Thus LEDGE is at the top of it's class. It is compared with Dior Homme Intense, I don't know why at all for they both smell different from each other but between these two masterpieces (of which I both have now), my nose is more set on LEDGE.

Every perfume lover/collector must have LEDGE on their wardrobe.

It is definitely a buy and it deserves a sit on it's own throne along with Amouage Epic Man, Dior HOmme Intense, Pure Coffee, A*Men and Ambrarem.

LEDGE is now my newest precious catch, my next top 6 exciting hunt would be Pure Malt, Chergui, Attar Al Kaaba, Mandragore Pourpre, Bond no. 9 New Haarlem and my first love, classic Boss Sport.

bigjakeriz
bigjakeriz

I liked this fragrance from the first spray. But thats it just liked. Did not know i would end up loving it the longer it stayed on my skin. If i can describe it simply it would be creamy, lightly floral, and cocoa. Starts off masculine and then that cocoa and sweetness creeps into the fragrance and balances this in an amazing way. I wore this one time early in the morning and it was a little chilly, didnt know it was going to be a hot day that day. And suprisingly it did well. Not suggesting to use it in summer but im just saying. Love this stuff. Kinda stingy with it too. Can't wait for the cold to wear it more.

MOMOOO
MOMOOO

to be honest with you the first time i smelled it it didnon attract me but after few times what can i say it became one of my favourite definitely a masterpiece canot go wrong with this best cacao perfume with great longevity & projection honestly its a niche quality my advice to you donot judge it through its opening wait for the magic to start and you will full in love with it its guerlain perfection
smell 10
proj 9.5
long 10

Hilaire

I have to say that while I at first thought this was merely a less well balanced version of L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme my view has changed rather markedly.

I admit to finding the chocolate note still much more dominant than I might prefer, but with each wearing I now find that the floral and green notes in this become more and more prominent. To me one of the most dominant notes in my recent wearings of this (perhaps related to the approach of summer and accompanying rise in temperatures) is the Hibiscus in the base. This combined with the Elemi, Tea and Patchouli creates a much greener and softer and more cleansing feel than I first perceived.

I think what this tells me is that despite its notes suggesting wintry warmth and chocolatey comfort this is actually a sweetly balmy, soft, resonant, green and lushous summer scent, which is best worn on warm evenings.

The imbalance I perceived at first I think was the consequence of the more delicate notes not being released by enough ambient warmth.

Hibiscus is actually one of my all time favourite smells (and tastes, Hibiscus tea is truly gorgeous) and I think now that I've discovered the warm weather character of this perfume it's gone up hugely in my esteem (which was high in any case) and I now see it as an excellent alternative to the original which inspired it. I just wont be wearing this in the winter when its lighter softer notes will find it hard to compete with the cold damp air.

KinG JameS

I couldnt agree with U more (ArkangeL) on every position U took, couldnt have said it better.
I still prefer this though, it depends on what occasion you putting it on, for romantic moments, I surely would prefer this (please, do not over apply) less is better. Clubs and work, maybe prefer the edt. But honestly, if you are into cocoa there´s no way you wont wanna take the edp.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

L'instant EDT is a winner for me. I find the EDP to be not only softer, but closer to the skin. The Eau de Toilette concentration seems to be the bigger gun, giving off more projection and also allowing the fragrance to breathe more clearly. I feel the Parfum closes off a lot of the notes and limits the fragrance to cacao, anise and a timid patchouli. This is the same case with La Nuit de L'Homme EDT and EDP. It's a nice scent overall, but L'instant EDT is classier and every note is active within. Dior Homme Intense is a far more complex structure of the cacao element with amazing projection.

adhieoprah
adhieoprah

Believe it or not ... I bought this fragrance based on the review on this website ... and this is my first time I did it ... "a blind buy based on review".

pheww... where do I start. If I have to put in a word. "I am crazy about this fragrance". Really ... I didn't think that a cocoa could makes me fall in love to this fragrance, and this is my first coco fragrance ... usually I would love watery and aquatic fragrance, which is flatering but not fly ... but really this fragrance there's something misterious with the opening which is harsh but nice and the dry down and the base notes which is all the cocoa smell to me, very powdery with musky masculine touch. And I think it's not 30 or something but 20 something and classic ... a real masterpiece of fragrance. and the best projection and longevity which is fly to me.

Well done

sumpunk85
sumpunk85

First off all the positive reviews made me get a sample of this fragrance. For someone new to fragrances that cannot pick out every note, myself included. This fragrance started out very spicy & cedar smelling. It reminded me of something my dad would wear. I gave it a few more days like everyone said.

Day 1: smells like my dad, older person, or 75 year old woman.

Day 2: smells very masculine. Wore it with dress clothes, very confident.

Day 3: probably olfactory overload, but I get orange & cocoa power finally, with very little cedar.

On the 3rd day the opening started out with Honeysuckle, Dark Orange Peel covered with a sugary cinnamon, Warm Spice that slightly resembles Cedar. 20 minutes later I still get Orange Peel & a bitter Cocoa Powder, still with the masculine spice on top. I agree with the bubble aspect of this cologne. If you are in the bubble of 3 to 4 feet of the person wearing it, you can smell it. It is not in your face and obnoxious. I pulled this off on a slightly warmer day(in the high 70's) and it did not get cloying. I can see it being very versatile. I think it could be pulled off with jeans and a nice shirt. Probably wouldn't go as a far a t-shirt and jeans.

I cannot compare this to anything in my collection, which is a good thing. I think it fills the gap of masculine spice. Dior Homme Intense doesn't compare. Sure it has Cocoa, but it has Iris. Someday's I want to dress up and have a Cocoa Iris scent that is not overly masculine. I'm late to the LIDGE party, so I guess I'll have to pay a little more for a bottle, but it seems worth it. I would recommend this to the 25+ crowd.

dmoman
dmoman

Got a 4ml decant and really seeing why there isn't many dislikes. Very classy smell, not something you can club in imo but anything else it work just fine. Winter...perfect. fall...very good. Spring...it should be ok but summer maybe only nights. I love the scent.

xerxes
xerxes

Just bought After Shave version, still perfect..so happy...thanks a lot Guerlain.

Fernandocanhin
Fernandocanhin

This is no joke! so addicting stuff, you won't stop sniffing it, anywhere you've sprayed! Don't need to say the great compliments you'll have wearing this magnificent EDP! get a sample and try, you will fall in love with it, and then grab one as soon as possible, before it's gone!
Just one word to define L'instant extreme: MASTERPIECE

boyenne
boyenne

Excellent perfume.

I wear it for a couple of weeks now and got great compliments. This is my perfume to go with!

edwardmykle
edwardmykle

Deliciously stunning masterpiece. If you haven't had the privilege of experiencing it, do yourself a favor and at least get yourself a sample. The only scent I own a backup bottle of. I also own the EDT, which is also an amazing fragrance. Both are full bottle worthy and worthy of any wardrobe.

martin_nemo
martin_nemo

Refined and sofisticated! Quite close to recent Shalimar Initial, but without white flowers and caramel notes, that make Shalimar Initial very very feminine. The base of both are very similar, especially if you smell it next day after spraying on your clothes.

ronnie1975

Love the house of guerlain, this one is a winter classic, masterpiece!

Hilaire

OK, so I love Guerlain, I love L'Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme, and having had bundles and bundles of recommendations for the "Extreme" version I went and bought it a few weeks ago, and expected to love it. The truth is, I like it (a lot) but I don't love it.

What do I like about it? I love the longevity, it has tremendous staying power.. I like that this isn't a flanker which bears no relationship to the original. I like that Eau Extreme is bold and strong and completely original. However that raises some of-

The things I don't like about it- The chocolate note dominates too strongly in my opinion. The composition of L'Instant Pour Homme clearly remains but is unbalanced. Yes I loved the Cocoa note in the original, and yes I was excited to see if a stronger Cocoa character might make L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme more interesting, but instead I find a degree of elegance and poise is lost in Eau Extreme.

With less citrus and a less pronounced herbal background Eau Extreme is dominated by it's Cocoa and Anise notes. Which is fine I suppose, if you like chocolate and anise... a lot.

All of this doesn't mean that I don't think Eau Extreme is a beautiful perfume, it is very beautiful, and light-years ahead of the vast majority of other men's perfumes on the market. Its quality, the quality of its ingredients, the originality of its composition all make this a must have....

A must have that is, as long as you have the original L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme on hand too, to remind you of the special quality and balance which underpin the depth and strength of Eau Extreme.

In all respects this is a 10 out of 10.

armaniboy
armaniboy

A fantastic elegant very sophisticated fragrance which stands clearly on its own- the rest of the fragrances smell similar to this not the other way around.excellent longevity. very good sillage. A must have.

Pegasus
Pegasus

I blind bought this after reading many good reviews about it! I got lucky, it was the best blind buy ever! The longevity is monster, I get at least 10 hours, great stuff

ronnie1975

better than dior homme intense, and the best for winter
What a fragnance!

budsetdr
budsetdr

Top 5 of my hundred collection. So Manly. Perfect scent.

manos1965
manos1965

I THINK IAM ONE OF THE LAST LUCKY MEN I BOUGHT THIS DIVINE STUFF.I THINK THAT DIRECTOR OF"THE PERFUME"HAD THIS PERFUME IN MIND WHEN MADE THE FILM,THANK YOU GUERLAIN

iatrogenius
iatrogenius

Classy Cocoa.
Elegant and refined.
This is for a sharp man.
This is for a man who walks like he is in a suit...
even though he's sporting jeans and a henley.

This is for a man who doesn't need to say much...
his eyes and his demeanor speak for him.

L'instant De Guerlain is a magical blend of class and beauty. It's just...beautiful!

A rich cocoa - dark and brooding, semi-sweet with splashes of a light citrus accord thrown into the mix and dabs of anise smeared across the center. I LOVE the use of hibiscus in this...I used to drink a hibiscus drink at a local gyro spot in NYC and my god do I get the hibiscus...it amplifies the anise and the cacao so well.

Very long lasting and leaves a scent trail that garners responses lik "whew..you smell TOO good."

Longer lasting than the original
Darker than the original
Far better.
Still retains versatility..year round, PERFECT for a signature scent. Yes it is darker than the original but still light enough to sport in the spring and even summer.

As with any Guerlain, that drydown is just pure heaven.

8.5/10

DistinguishedGent1
DistinguishedGent1

This fragrance opens up with a strong blast of citrus and woods that is enticing and makes me hungry with out being a gourmand. The top last me for a while. As the fragrance starts to die down, the citrus notes go away and you get the woods still covered by some nice florals. At the base I get some woods and coco. Which rounds off the fragrance nicely. Great for any occasion if you can get your hands on it. I personally love this and have a back up bottle. But it works on my skin very nicely. Not a masterpiece, but I will give it a 8.5/10.

uthman.ahmed
uthman.ahmed

It was between Kokorico A*men and L'instant extreme that my mind was perplexed...My problem is I love chocolate therefore after trying all three and all were fantastic fragrances and all just as good in longevity I had to make a decision!!
It was not just the bottle but also the fact that it was not as sweet as A*men,which is wonderful but with sweet caramel, so the spice in this won it for me, yes to me to it does have similarities to Kokorico but this is a much better for it is an eau de perfume.. Also remaining with my latest trend as this is the third EDP that I have purchased recently rather than EDT..
The others are La Nuit EDP and also Terre D'Hermes EDP..
Like my other favourite fragrances this is also a very long lasting fantastic masculine fragrance that oozes class..

williamvargas
williamvargas

classy , eloquent, masculine, sexy and yet a masterpiece of a fragrance that projects a confident man who can take care of business, just a beautiful strong man type of scent..absolutely adore this one.don't wear it that often but when i do, always a compliment... i think appeals to a more mature person, man or woman seem to really notice this one when i wear it, surprisingly a lot of men will ask me about it, i think it just projects a strength and class that most men really want people to get,don't go heavy on the trigger it projects a very special fragrance...wear it wisely. i have some dior homme intense..and this is just more masculine., . may be too much for a every day scent, although you could pull that off..truly in a league of it's own.. I always save it for special occasions, making sure I don't run out of this fantastic fragrance..

Nebal
Nebal

The best for winter.

DaZeD
DaZeD

This is extreme indeed, extreme quality for a decent price!

Both sillage and longevity are extreme as well, only one spray on the wrist lasts all day long, and keeps spreading it's wonderfull aroma throughout the day in a seemingly constant strenght.

It keeps reminding me of christmas for some reason, but that's probably cause i bought it around that period, but nevertheless it has some great holliday aura about it.

10/10 all the way!

m_e110
m_e110

really perfect

lfmars98
lfmars98

One of my favorites. Starts out with the star anise for a few minutes, then the cocoa takes over followed by the woods. This is a very classy scent and well done. Moderate projection and I get 9+ hours longevity. 9.25/10.

ekopengen
ekopengen

I bought it online (so it was a blind buy). And I can say, that i really glad that i have this perfume. The dry down are exactly resemble to chocolate powder (sweet yummy...). Longevity and sillage are good too. Unfortunately, now I can't find it anywhere, including in online store where I bought it.

daveysis
daveysis

This really takes some beating...a top fragrace,buy it you won't be disapointed.It's a modern day classic.

talon 556
talon 556

my holy grail...

raducu
raducu

Absolutely amazing fragrance. I have no words to describe that. My signature scent for winter and it was an buy blind :)

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

A shy citrusy openning with an oily woody sweetned by anise and cacao background.
Citrus fade quickly and anise,woods, stay on this case for about an hour.
After that,powder note became more intense,cacao take the lead with his soft sweetness always joined by woods and anise.
Base is creamy and delicious.
One of the warmer fragrance out there,perfect for cold weather.
I like it a lot but i prefer the original,EDT is more versatile,citruses are more long lasting and it's less powdery and sweet and that will suit perfectly the weather in my area wish is not so cold.
8+hours longevity with strong projection.
Guerlain make always high quality fragrances,it just depend if u like the smell or not.

loualvaro
loualvaro

The Guerlain is not a hype, its one of most beautiful fragrances ever, one of the best with cacao note, better than a*men. Easy Blind? Not if you like sweet fragrances only.

lasting 10/10
sillage 10/10

j voraa

this should come in the niche catogery, amazing perfume, wat a longevity and settles down fabolously. again i would say that it is not for those starters of perfumes,

spoombung
spoombung

This is an extraordinarily beautiful fragrance by anyone's standards as it pulls off a clever trick; the warm, complex Guerlain-style base seductively hints at sweetness via the vanilla, cocoa and sandlewood while simultaneously establishing a magical grassy/green ambience that persists all the way to the end of drydown.

The impression given is one of an elegant and sophisticated scent morphing quite dramatically from citrus to subtle sweetness, to richness and to grassiness and creaminess over the space of a couple of hours.

Longevity is a bit disappointing on my skin; an hour and a half at the most and projection is also quite gentle despite it being an EDP. One has to get close to the host to detect it - in fact it reminds me of the modest presence of the Bulgari pour homme (a very different scent, of course).

Really lovely stuff... and suitable for every minute of every day.

pauleeeh
pauleeeh

Just.. Wow... I'm 23 years old and I love this!

scottwayne
scottwayne

This juice is amazing. Better than A*Men. Gets tons of compliments. This was an easy blind buy.

indianwells
indianwells

I have only been on this fragrance journey for 3 months. Sure, for many years i'd bought generic after shaves and such, generally falling for the advertising.

I then decided to explore fragrances in a little more detail. My first purchase was Midnight In Paris (I love it!), closely followed by numerous Creeds, Bond No 9's etc.

Then, and it was an almost spiritual moment, I discovered L'Instant Extreme. Luckily, I found my signature scent before spending too much, although i've spent enough!

It is just beautiful, the citrus blast at the beginning quickly giving way to the wonderful cocoa dry-down. Longevity is remarkable, sillage very acceptable.

I now own 5 bottles of this elixir so as never to run out. I will be happy to wear this on a daily basis during Spring, Autumn & Winter, using my others more suited for Summer and the odd evening special occasion. L'Instant Extreme will always be my go to though, it is that good.

Perfection. For me anyway....

spiderman999

It is fantastic scent.An excellent starting and than drydown is really fantastic.Congratulations Guerlain.I recommend to everybody so much...!!! :)

Scent:10/10
Longevity:9/10
Projection:8/10

Soccerhero
Soccerhero

Sex in a bottle! I'm SO glad I got my hands on this masterpiece. I only need TWO sprays of this--one dab for both of my wrists, one spray on my chest--and it's compliments ALL day long. I can't help but smell my wrists while riding in the car, sitting down for coffee or a meal, or when I'm waiting in line. I just sniffed my wrist right now--LOL! Anyway. Like I said, I only use two sprays for each use, so my bottle will last me a long time, I'm sure. I just got it about a month ago, and I'm already trying to find backup bottles since I can't find them anywhere. GIVE THEM TO ME NOW!

Longevity is OUTRAGEOUS. Projection is excellent, too. As for the scent, I cannot begin to describe how amazing it is.

They should rename this stuff L'Instant Sex Extreme. :)

hyder
hyder

A masterpiece from Guerlain

Roqfort
Roqfort

Pure chocolate heaven. One of the best evening scents ever made. Not too sweet, elegant and... sexy.

mehrdad
mehrdad

با سلام
در مورد گرلن قبلا هـم نوشته ام برندی است سلطنتی و امپریال
کارهـای گرلن چون از بهـترین مواد و بصورت طبیعی تهـیه می شوند در هـمه جا بعنوان مارکی درجه یک و گرانقدر مطرح میباشد
این کار گرلن پرفیوم و آن یکی کارش که رقیق تر از این عطر میباشد واقعا جزو بهـترین روایح مردانه دنیا محسوب میشوند
گرم و شیرین
مهـرداد

Longevity:10/10
Scent:10/10
Uniqueness:10/10
OVERALL:10/10

Deetron
Deetron

I can find two words for “Eau Extreme” – absolute class! So smooth, so elegant, so deep and warm… It is a complex scent with beautiful drydown. Cocoa notes are intensive and they make “Eau Extreme” more interesting and seductive…Silage and longevity are great! I’m sniffing my wrist again and I’m in love with it!

josevancouver
josevancouver

This is my signature scent. A classy, beautiful, seductive fragrance. This is not for young men - a beautiful fragrance with a crisp opening which quickly turns into a rich, luxurious scent with slight gourmand qualities. I have both this and the EDT version and like them both. I prefer this version in the cold weather. Get great compliments on this.

from

well just hav to say that this is an outstanding rich fragrance in the edp form, very well done , well u hav to wait for it to settle for about one hour and u then u get the richness of tis, all the reviews frm others r perfect and accurate i agree with all , i feel tis stays close to skin, but true luxury.

not for those who were kidish armani and 212 and boss.

I find the first few hours of the EdT to be more "artistic" than this one. For several minutes after application, the two seem very similar, but then this version jumps right into the drydown and stays there. The musky hibiscus is still present, but what's added is a chocolate/vanilla quality that lasts a very long time. It's not cotton candy sweet but it's not devoid of sweetness either. I find it lacking in complexity and dynamism, but I doubt if most people who buy this care all that much about such things. It's natural smelling and "very nice." Longevity and projection ("sillage") are excellent. I see no need for even a decant of this, however, because I can't think of any reason to wear it. If I want a non-sweet chocolate note (and I don't want a sweet one), I'd wear Lacoste's Elegance instead. I prefer coffee notes in gourmand oriented fragrances, so Elegance is enough for me (I like the note contrast in that one), in terms of chocolate note ones. I eat a little chocolate every day, so it's not like I don't enjoy the smell, but for some reason it doesn't work for me in a fragrance, other than in Elegance, where it is in the background. Perhaps it's a "young guy thing," and if so, more power to them !

UPDATE: Since writing the review above I acquired a bottle of Barolo, which I really like. It's got the Dior Homme "lipstick" type accord, an herbal/dried fruit quality (sort of like grapes with vine attached), a woody note, and dry cocoa. This creates really good dynamism, presumably because the balance is right. Keep in mind that there are more than a few interesting gourmand fragrances on the market, not just the ones that seem to get all the hype on certain sites.

dragonsheartfire
dragonsheartfire

To me this is just perfection.
A masterpiece from Guerlain

vickingdf
vickingdf

Thanks everybody for all your comments that helped me so many times to choose a fragrance. That's just the case of L'instant (eau du parfum) my last acquisition. I find its coccoa notes intoxicating. Coccoa spices and flowers lasting all day long. The lasting power quite impressive easily found in your clothes 48hs later (sandalwood). For now my best aroma friend.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

Beautiful

Initial spray is non-descript

3-5 minutes = Chocolate - 90% the same as opening of Amen by Thierry Mugler, but only for approx 2 mins, thereafter no resemblance

5 mins - 2 Hours- Balance between lemon and chocolate(though slightly odd combo), little like sweeties. Yummy. Projection good

2 hours - 5 hours- Very Classy, chilled cocoa which suits the debonair. Utter cool and contemporary and very well made. Projection ok. Cannot stop smelling my wrist. It is as if someone removed all the dirt and yuckiness from Amen and left a natural, organic ice-cocoa scent behind, which should be celebrated as something pure & wonderful. Made in Belgium, Filtered in the North Pole.

Utter class

My heart said yes

Masterpiece

alimaxsin
alimaxsin

یه کار معرکه 10/10

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Became my nº 1 fall/winter fragrance! Opens quickly citruse, and anise comes together, but this phase it´very fast. Floral heart? Don´t feel. A outstanding mixed of patchouli, the warm sandalwood and a gourmand/delicious cocoa at the base, takes care of everything, even numbs and makes your mouth water with a powdery vanilla, i think. A refined almost gourmand fragrance, masterpiece in my eyes.

Valentino
Valentino

Welcome to the Good Life! The most sumptuous, elegant and refined gourmand for the connosieur. From the mock vintage box and art deco bottle to the decadent and moreish juice within, this is perfection. Just try walking past this bottle on your shelf without having another spritz. I dare you...I say it can't be done!

The secret is a citrus/chocolate/woods segue that is truly seamless. Imagine sparkling orange and lemon, the finest quality Swiss chocolate truffles, subtle florals and spice. Obviously the anisic notes of the star anise have been turned right down here, but still lend an exotic warmth.

The wearer himself feels pampered,relaxed and confident, but around him creates an aura of pure sex appeal. What would happen if the ladies thought you were made of chocolate when you went out on the town this Autumn and Winter? I dread to think of the consequences...

tyrip19562000@yahoo.com
tyrip19562000@yahoo.com

SIMPLY THE BEST FOR THE MONEY,DON'T BELIEVE ME,TRY IT AND YOU WILL BE HOOKED,I PROMISE YOU:THE BEST.....PERIOD.......

Actionmac

My first review and it is due to the reactions I received from wearing L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme...

L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme WOW. A blast from the start then as it wears it transitions into a very warm sensually seductive fragrance that envelopes you. The sillage draws attention actually causing heads to turn and move with you; not overpowering, subtle but strong in presence. Just amazing.

Through all of that sexiness, L'Instant Extreme's scent is elegant and refined. It's been called a masterpiece, you have to read reviewers that can break down the notes. I am telling you about the experience from wearing this outstanding Perfume. Compliments? more like declarations of desire... The reactions were immediate and DIRECT.

I am loving this perfume...

shark
shark

this perfume is just unbelievable! read a lot of people referring to this masterpiece be compared with the A * MEN, I love you too ... but in my opinion, who has a nose more trained and think different, more subtle , and elegant in the extreme, the house Guerlain masterpiece! cocoa is dominant through the end of the fragrance note and did not feel like pure chocolate, caramel and coffee as the a * MEN..
who have the opportunity to meet her, get a heartbeat, because it is rare to find this and will not regret it!

tln2004
tln2004

Just blind bought this off of Ebay as it was the only place I could find it. My first non main stream scent I own and I must say that it was the best $150 I have ever spent. The scent is not linear at all. It starts out very generic with a citrus note but then with in minutes a thick warm semi sweet cloud develops that last for hours. The projection and longevity is solid enough that even though after a few hours I don't recognize the smell, I will get people asking me what scent I am wearing. It easily last 10 plus hours on me. The best part of the scent is that I will shower at night and upon contact with water, the scent is re-release. Top notch stuff here 10 out of 10.

TommyB
TommyB

It opens with a citrus accord followed by the cocoa. The floral/jasmine kicks in behind the cocoa for a hour or so before the woods and cocoa takes over for many hours. The basenotes are a vanille musk which is to die for. Excellent fragrance.

scenturian
scenturian

I know this masterpiece since it was released but somehow forgotten to review here.
Really the edp of the edt version while the most edps differ than edts.
More woody and powdery when compare to the edt. Edt has more citric notes along the lifetime. But the smell is same, powdery, woody, sweety. Notes r all same, only their ratios and powers r different.
King of all perfumes.
Beatrice Piquet is a genious.

VanAllan
VanAllan

I thought I will love it. Tested again after 2 months in a controlled environment (23-24 C degrees) as to not judge it in hot weather, and all I can say is that I just like it, comparing to L'Instant EDT which I love. It really seems that my skin has a rejection for anise...this note is again too much for me...it happened before with Armani Attitude Extreme, which no matter I tried to like it, I just couldn't stand the anise in it.
I'm a little upset because I wanted this to be a pleasant surprise and wasn't. It's ok, I still got the EDT version which I have no excuse to not buy it now, in compensation for my recent loss :)

j_sen32
j_sen32

One word can describe why I love this fragrance so much. The one word is QUALITY. This EDP gives me smoky aura of classy, yet seductive cocoa aroma.. that last and last with smooth projection. The projection is elegant and pleasant. I really admire this quality. For me this is a masterpiece. Thank you Guerlain.

sina4403

in one word AMAZING

Mrhviid
Mrhviid

Short version:
This fragrance is amazing!

Little longer version:
Everytime I put this fragrance on nothing happens for 5-10 minutes. Then BAM... im suddenly inside this nice, warm cocoa bubble. Not overpowering but just "there" in the nicest possible way.

And it stays for 4-6 hours as if it was just sprayed on. Then it slowly starts to fade. And I mean slowly. Its still noticeable after 24 hours, although very skinclose at this stage. On me people will notice it uptill 12-14 hours after I spray it on.

I normally use 1-3 sprays.
1 on chest (+ 1 each wrist and dab behind ears if Im going to bar or club)

Rating:

try it

bp
bp

LOVE IT...
Everything is perfect in this perfume...

Heverton
Heverton

This fragrance opens up with a delicious citric chord that persists for about 5 minutes at most, serving only as a taste of what lies ahead, or better, playing a joke on who is using it for the very 1st time, since after this period, the scent completely changes!

We now have the appearance of gourmands chords that will persist until the end of the fragrance.

On me, L'Instant extreme appears as a slightly powdery vanilla, being accompanied by notes of chocolate, due to the presence in the perfume of cocoa. Anyway, this combination gives the fragrance a delicious smell. Just incredible.

Overall, an excellent fragrance, with an also excellent longevity. A must buy for anyone who appreciates a well done gourmand.

vizestro
vizestro

longevity: 9/10 10+ hours
projection: 8.5/10 great projection and scent trail
scent: 10/10

A staple in my collection the best. I think its better for more winter than fall but works on both. SEX IN A BOTTLE! Many Compliments from women and men.

so simple
so simple

the opening may be load for some people because of the anise note but after few seconds the fragrance smells like a chocolate that is filled with orange syrup.this fragrance is a masterpiece.it shows the difinition of a balanced scent.the notes are blended smoothly.
the gourmand side of this fragrance comes from the (cacao,citruses,neroli,anise).
the smooth part is due to the jasmine and tea
if u want to smell expensive, L'Instant Extreme is the fragrance to wear

scent 9.5/10
longivity 10/10
projection 7.5/10

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

A perfect ten out of ten fragrance and the closest I have come in finding a holy grail scent.

KinG JameS

I finally tried this after a very goddamn long search.. and I have to say, this is gonna be my signature fragrance if I ever buy it, it aint cheap to say the least...BUT... it definatley is worth it, I so luv dark fragrances, fragrances that give U the feeling U have some shield of a lovely invisible power that can take on anything... like anyone would expect, it leaves a nice trail and is bloody longlasting, its a beast, for casual wear at night and best in colder seasons. I already have started savin for this :-), I need a month now hehe, then I´ll get this baby here, na.. U cant call it a "baby" this is a DRAGON at the very very least... out of 5, I give it a clear 4.8.

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

there are times when you wear a "strong" perfume as this one you become self conscious.You think you are disturbing those around you with your "smell".I do tend to think like that and that influences at times my choice of fragrance for the outdoors.

However,this is one of those fragrances when i wear I really dont give a shit who gets offended by the smell:they should be grateful am enriching the air around them with this fragrance.This IS a MASTERPIECE of a fragrance.It is an edp for sure.very looong lasting and guaranteed to leave a trail no matter how many sprays you use.Of cos less is best with this one.more than 2 and you will blast your nostrils away till washdown.

clearly ideal for evenings, cold weather and I cant see this as being anyone's signature scent-more ok for occasional wear and for the older folks,dont worry youngsters wont understand this beast so wear with pride,confidence and feel on top of the world.

It is worth its hefty price tag.it's simply phenomenal

EseveN
EseveN

Very f*ck*ng AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got 14 to 20 hours in longevity (and 4 plus hours super-near the skin... but still there, for sure)

I need a backup bottle, ASAP!
(my 75ml bottle will last forever... I'd say 4 or 5 years... but, since it's limited edition, I would buy another bottle in the moment it shows up)

I love it... and it's just unbelievable with girls.... GODLIKE!

MrCoolink
MrCoolink

Arrived here today after almost a month. Very difficult to find this one. Believe it or not my first impression was that it is kind a weak smell, very nice but weak. I´ll do some more testing to see if I´m not crazy... I don´t think this is similar to A*men.

Ok now with some more testings I'll keep my earlier thoughts. The projection is poor, but longevity is great. Like I said it smells nothing like A*men. A*men has that sweet chocolate note and L'Instant has a very dry cacao powder smell. Rub yourself with pure cacao powder and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Projection: 8.0/10
Longevity: 9.0/10
Bottle Presentation: 8.5/10
Overall: 8.5/10
This is a try to me.

andrei.mrsn
andrei.mrsn

Carefully analyzing all the possible reviews for this fragrance, you will find, if you are lucky, only a few negative reviews or you will not find negative ones at all, and this tells us a lot.

There would be many things to mention, but unfortunately the other reviews have covered the most of it, being in full agreement with them, except for the idea that this fragrance to be considered a classic, formal one like L'Instant EDT. It's definitely an evening scent, but is a woody/spicy modern fragrance because of the trace of sweetness, offering a truly above-average longevity.

L ' Instant Guerlain EDP is one of those perfumes which can be purchased only from the impressions made by reading the reviews. A blind buy that you cannot go wrong with it...

fununderthesun
fununderthesun

I have been wearing this EDP masterpiece for a couple of days now and what a magnificant beast it is! The opening is potent, sharp, dry, warm and definatly intoxicating, the cacao takes centre stage in this work of art,the cacao is semi sweet, this is not an A*MEN this is dry but a little creamy at the same time, with a sweeter citrus in the backround, a mello tea and it dries down to this cacao powdery, woodsy, and slightly earthy fragrance, you definatly smell all of the notes in the fragrance at the initial spray if that makes sense, this fragrance is so unique, so complex, so well blended its hard to get bored of it and hard not to fall in love with it, i get consistantly 11+ hours with this, and amazing projection about 2 feet off me, so you will get noticed but not choke everyone out in the process, this is my first guerlain purchase and im 100% satisfied, although i think a suit and tie would be the best suited for this fragrance, i tend to put it on all the time its very addicting...amazing on the cooler days..i would say its a all year scent but it shines in the colder months..and women..love this stuff especially the 25 and older crowd..if your hunting for cougars get this...
Scent 10/10 (took the original& made it better)
Projection 8.5/10 (perfect Projection in my eyes)
Longevity 10/10 ( lasts the whole day and night)
Versatility 8/10 (can get cloying in the hot days)
Overal 10/10.........one word...MASTERPIECE

snails

after wearing it for..almost 3 yrs I am not able do find the perfect words to describe such an haute parfumerie luxurious item.

I used to love the original L'Instant Pour Homme but this Extreme version is even better. It's absolutely great how this fragrance changes continuely after the citrusy opening. It moves from vetiver (I get it) to anis and cocoa in a very warm and comfortable way. I also get a powdery vanilla and a sweet "almost-gourmand-but-not-exactly-gourmand" effect. It's really hard to collocate L'IE in a family, it would be an oversimplification as every single note is so calibrated and meticolously integreated as if were part of a complex swiss clock. IMO this is one of the best Beatrice Piquet's creations so far as well as a perfect perfume. Great projection and great longevity.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

On opening the vial, I get a sudden reminder of my dear dad wearing Aramis--strong, rich, spiritual--with citrus, sandalwood and clean, sharp patchouli. Even though the parallel ends there, I am instantly bonded with this fragrance.

On application, elemi adds a peacefully euphoric element with its fresh dryness; anise contributes a little exotic heat without any licorice undertone. And of course, beautiful, bright, bitter citrus.

As the heart develops, I detect smooth tea and rich, bittersweet cocoa. In combination with the citrus nuance of neroli and just a petal or two of jasmine, this gorgeous fragrance transforms into an aphrodisiac that makes my heart beat a little harder.

The finish is a smoky plume that trails with a very subtle natural sweetness--like rich red cedar burning hot on a fire, with all the notes above creating in an exquisitely full-bodied rhapsody.

This scent is deeply soulful in a way that sends waves of ecstasy up my spine. It's easily one of the best men's fragrances that I've experienced, and of obvious remarkable quality. This is one for a 35+ man who is beautiful both inside and out.

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

I own the EDP & have tested the EDT! I much prefer the EDP! & here is why. The EDT is a nice offering from Guerlain which opens with a nice citrus burst, a tad of cocoa & woods. In the EDT version the citrus is the more dominant player. While it is nice, it does not last very long for me to get a full bottle! 4-5 hours max is what I get out of the EDT.

Now for the EDP! The first initial blast of this concentration is a heavy, yet sharp dry, bitter cocoa accord with a hint of citrus & woods. This concentration the dry, cocoa is the main player. It last @ least 10 hours on me & is indeed lovely! It leaves a nice lingering aroma for people to follow & its just awesome! Pure class here! For fans looking for a sweet cocoa note, THIS IS NOT YOUR FRAGRANCE! The only sweetness I may get from this is when the citrus & cocoa note collide.

I Would not really call the EDP a straight gourmand, because clearly it is not, but its more so a mixture between a gourmand/oriental if that makes any sense. Not for the faint of heart, or who is looking for something sicking sweet! The EDP is more mature than the EDT & for the $$$ its a better option to go with including the fact that the EDT has longevity issues compared to this! Kudos to Guerlain for this masterpiece!

K1
K1

Imagine a type of smell you're smelling for the first time with such quality! What can you do but taking out wallet and purchase immediately while the seller hasn't finished her talking?!
Awesome in the literal meaning, dark sweet, luxury, enchanting and seductive and bold. So bold.
It opens boozy with faint citrus and tea leaf after a waxy dark mysterious warm mesmerizing seductive smell. After a while, cacao/star anise featuring with patchouli at back present boldly till the waxy bitter/sweet dry down.
In overall, L'instant is a warm inviting sophisticated powerhouse all in modern style out of any hint of classics.

L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme by Guerlain 4.45 out of 5 based on 1666 ratings and 362 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.