Designers » F-H » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

I have it: 995 I had it: 201 I want it: 801 My signature: 28

almond
nutty
La Petite Robe Noire Guerlain for women Videos
La Petite Robe Noire Guerlain for women Pictures La Petite Robe Noire Guerlain for women Pictures La Petite Robe Noire Guerlain for women Pictures La Petite Robe Noire Guerlain for women Pictures La Petite Robe Noire Guerlain for women Pictures La Petite Robe Noire Guerlain for women Pictures

The house of Guerlain launched an exclusive and limited edition La Petite Robe Noire in February 2009. In February 2011, it also presented the second limited edition of the line—La Petite Robe Noire 2. In early 2012, Guerlain decides to relaunch the debut and to offer the fragrance to a broad market. The new La Petite Robe Noire is modified, developed by the in-house perfumer Thierry Wasser.

Inspired by the elegance and eternity of a little black dress, the perfume exudes Parisian chic and gracefulness. It opens with playful and sparkling aromas of black cherry, bergamot, red berries and almond. Bulgarian and Turkish roses rule the heart, further developing with notes of licorice and smoked black tea. Aniseed, tonka bean, vanilla, iris and patchouli form the base.

The bottles of La Petite Robe Noire collection are replicas of the classical vials of the house, such as L'Heure Bleue. The dress print has been altered so that each of the past three bottles shows a different shape of this clothing. The animated ad campaign was created by French artists Olivier Kuntzel and Florence Deygas.

The new La Petite Robe Noire is available as 30, 50 and 75 ml Eau de Parfum.

Bergamot Almond Sour Cherry Red Berries

La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Parfum Limited Edition 2014

La Petite Robe Noire Fragrance Reviews

risarii
risarii

Does not deserve all of the hate it gets. Just because it's a "fruity-floral" doesn't mean it's low quality or that Guerlain has sold-out. A perfume doesn't need to be a spicy-musky powerhouse of a fragrance to be exceptional! It's a lovely perfume, high quality and deserving of the name Guerlain. The tartness of the cherry with the powdery-sweetness of the tonka bean, almonds and vanilla is delicious, but the licorice, tea and anise keep it interesting and give it an edge. And of course the signature "Guerlinade" is present.
Beautiful, feminine, glorious. Love the bottle as well, so chic!

patricia.favron
patricia.favron

It's fruity, sweet, and somehow a little reminiscent of the scent of my Guerlain meteorites pearls in the flowery powdery drydown. Lovely but probably won't satisfy those who need complexity in perfume.

Sy888
Sy888

Smells like fruit punch all over me...or like this cherry medicine i had to take when i was a kid!!

dorina.dimova
dorina.dimova

I love it. So deep and warm cherry with almond. Perfect for colder weather. It is so romantic and stays close to skin.

floralfragrance
floralfragrance

The opening notes are very sweet and you have to like cherry to like this for sure, but after some time it melts in your skin and you start felling this beautiful and elegant sweet musky floral on an almondy vanilla base. If lolita is winter than this is spring. Even with these notes it is not a teenage perfume and I salute guerlain for this original version, but I can't say the same thing for the flankers. Very elegant and pretty, suitable for all ages imo but don't blind buy it because it seems to change vey much from one skin to another.

LucyLucy
LucyLucy

Better on skin! It is warm, not overly sweet (compared to my Nina Ricci the round shape bottle with red liquid in it..forgot the name though), rosy, powdery (but not baby powder like), my 10 yrs daughter even told me that I smelled yummy and ice cream kinda like...but not cloying nor overpowering def not that flirty and screams I-wanna-be-15-again. Even my picky husband loved it. We lived in a hot tropical island and this perfume stays more than 4 hours on my oily combination skin.

ecerusen
ecerusen

warm, smells like cherry flavored pipe tobacco, cant stop smelling this. really smells good. but i dont want to wear it because i cant see it as a perfume. yes i would want to smell it everytime but dont want to smells like this.
perfect blend, not like the other sugary perfumes, classy and polite. sillage is very good, longevity is a bit low(on me).

it is very succesfull at layering btw. i layered this with shalimar edt it was great.
then today i layered this with chanel eau tendre, it is great too :)

Steleale
Steleale

The first time i smelled it was on september 2012 and i was 8 months pregnant: i thought myself 'this is the most bitter heavy disgusting fragrance i've ever smelled!!!' . On december, when my daughter was 2 months, i tryed again to give this perfume a chance and i said to me WOW! The cherry and the liquorice were delicious, sweet and bitter at the same time...i love it, whenever i wear it i remember the beautiful days spent with my daughter and my housband when my little girl was a new born.

diamondkite
diamondkite

The taste of her cherry chapstick... with a licorice whip! Look, who knows what version of this perfume I am wearing, but it's an EDP and it's really sexy. The licorice note almost turns to leather on me with the dry-down. This perfume is a cherry lolly/ pepper/ licorice/ leather mix and trust me, it gets attention. Oh and I'm in the 40 or so age range and it suits me to a T.

I love it..
LPRN. is fantasy..Soft and pleasant...One of my best perfume

mhubbard
mhubbard

This was a blind buy for me. A definite yes to cherry cough syrup. I detect a little almond/nuttiness underneath as well. Other than that, not as majestic as I had hoped and no competition at all for Lolita Lempicka. Suitable for office wear, as I can't imagine who would be offended by this. Not really special enough for evening or romantic wear. A like, but not a love. 7/10

raw umber
raw umber

The color gradient of the bottle is extremely appropriate, as the scent itself straddles a duality. On the inhale there is a deep tart, clean yet spicy cherry candy, on the exhale, the fizzy powder finish of iris and almond, reminding me of the sound of bubbles on the edge of a wave after it has broken. LPRN is a flirty addictive scent. I wear it to my office during the middle of summer to cheer me up. Great quality here. Recommended for those days when you officially no longer give a damn.

StopHammertime
StopHammertime

Lolita Lempicka + cherry coke = LPRN. That is all I have to say.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

For some reason, when I first tested this from a carded sample (which I sneakily managed to grab a few of when I passed the Guerlain counter a few weeks back and the sales assistant wasn't there so nobody saw me!) I wasn't too sure about it and thought maybe it wasn't my cup of tea. I seemed to initially get a whiff of violets, which I really don't like the smell of in a perfume and that may have put me off, although I don't see that listed as one of the notes at all!

Anyway, I've given this another chance in the past few days and have been wearing it a few days running and I've now totally changed my mind and I LOVE it!

This is one of those perfumes that seems to blossom incredibly nicely on my skin. The creamy berry smell is what persists most on me and it's genuinely lovely and I think kind of endearing, if that's the right word in this context! Yes, it's a sweet perfume but I don't think, unlike some reviewers, that it's overly and sickly sweet. Not at all - it's just sweet to the right degree to make it so likeable, flirty and girly. I also don't agree with reviewers who say it's only for young girls ... it's certainly fresh, youthful and sparkly BUT who's to say that perfumes like that are only to be worn by young girls? If a perfume appeals to someone and suits their personality, skin, taste, etc, they have EVERY right to wear it regardless of whether they're young or old and there are no strict rules about it, thank god!

This perfume kind of reminds me a little of Le Vie Est Belle by Lancome as that's also sweet and of a similar quality BUT I think La Petite Robe Noire is much more likeable as it's smoother and doesn't have a nasty kick that I detect when I've tested Le Vie Est Belle on my skin. Also, the bottle is SO much prettier!

So, this is now a definite must have as it's so lovely, it lasts a long time on me with good sillage and the bottle is so pretty. The quality is excellent and it's well worth the money (and Guerlain perfumes in general are very good quality, very French, of course, and worth the price they cost, which is more than can be said of many other designer perfumes in the same kind of price range!). I'll get a bottle of it soon I hope!

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

This smells amazing. Reminds me of blueberry pie.

moonprismpower
moonprismpower

Although I dislike this fragrance with the cherry cough syrup accord, it is unmistakably a Guerlain. You can smell that high quality Guerlinade base even through the Robitussin haze, so I can't totally hate it but I couldn't see anyone over the age of 20 seriously wearing this fragrance. An immature teenage Guerlain, but a Guerlain nonetheless.

TattooGypsy
TattooGypsy

This is not your typical 'little girl' cherry scent. This has a complexity to it that makes it a very unique scent. It does open with a sizzling cherry cola feel, and is rather sharp and almost sour on first spray. I don't get cough syrup or sickly sweetness from this at all. Once this starts to settle, the almond and floral aspects start to emerge. The licorice is there as well, but just enough to give this scent a bit of edge. I can totally picture myself in a cocktail dress with heels and 'bling' totally rocking this scent as I dance the night away! LPRN is another magical/fun Guerlain creation and I adore it!

maddy.tan18
maddy.tan18

IF you love sweet notes fragrance, then it is for you. I find this overbearingly too sweet for my liking.

lesecretforme
lesecretforme

Smells like cough syrup. Sticky sweet medicinal cherry cough syrup

fiouu
fiouu

I have a love - hate relationship with this edp. I got a sample of this When i purchased Homme Intense. I was with my boyfriend and his sister, they both raved about how good it was, I knew it already as a girl that was giving out carded samples a few weeks earlier tried to push this on me but the wafts put me off and refused kindly before running away. When I tested it I found the cherry note very off-putting and the tea too sharp. Neither me or my brother liked it.
When i was on my way to my first work Day I caught whiffs of a perfume I knew. I was amazed at how well it was put together. I was mentally going through all the sweet and powdery scents I knew. It wasn't lolita lempicka, I used to get them mixed together When i had an "untrained" nose (not to say that I have a trained nose now, as I know damn well I'm Just a newbie). It wasn't Shalimar Initial, this was fruitier and way less serious. Then it struck me like a brick to the head. La Petite Robe Noire! When I got home I literally wore the sample I had for months and left it on to make it's work. Yes there's cherry, lots of patchouli and liquorice, no anise delectable (thank god), powdery rose, and a lovely lovely touch of almond, wrapping the whole conoction and giving a creamy warm undertone. I really like this. Not as bold as lolita lempicka, a bit more refined, cute and not fussy at all. Although there are some days on which I hate myself for wearing this (mostly because, where I live, climate changes a lot throughout the Day) there are other days in which I get a sudden crave for the cherry-patchouli. It's very good.

Cielo163
Cielo163

I once tested LPRN on paper and snickered at how sickening sweet it is "A false attempt to aim at younger audience of Guerlain". How wrong I was!!

On my skin, it is still very sweet, but certainly has a Guerlain touch which instantly reminded me of Insolence. LPRN opens with very strong cherry note, almost chemical and synthetic, but it soon becomes a much warmer and sensual scent with licorie and almond, a little nutty, soft spicy and absolutely wonderful smoked black tea in the background. So young,flirty, and really "Guerlain". Like a playful mischevious woman in an expensive black dress. Young, wild and just wanna have fun. This is not a serious or classic scent, definitely not for a uptight lady or formal meeting at all.

For licorie haters out there, I hate licorie and Lolita but I still love LPRN to death.

Edit: My mom told me I smell of violet and cherry :)) I like thisss.

Emg905
Emg905

This one is not usually my style, but it really grew on me. I thought it was going to make me smell like cough syrup, but on my skin the cherries settle down without disappearing and the almond and vanilla show through without over-intensifying. It's sweet (but not too much), fun and playful. A great fall/winter scent. I can see why they named it Little Black Dress… it's perfect for a girls night out!

shivabglr
shivabglr

If I have to describe it in one word:

it's a fairy tale perfume!

I smell this and my eyes close in pure bliss while I sniff!
I get the image of a princess in a big fluffy dress sitting on the balcony of her room in the palace and staring at the full moon, and there's a royal garden of roses and cherry trees beneath her balcony,

maybe there's also a man who loves her, playing the violin beneath her window...

back to the real world, I think it's perfect for a wedding or a night out with your loved ones or your friends,
like I said, it feels dreamy, mysterious and charming,

is it girly?
I've found this expression isn't necessarily considered as a compliment in English,

however in the culture that I was brought up, something girly means delicate, sweet, lovely, and charming, just like a rose, which is seducing with its intoxicating scent and delicate velvet petals,

yes LPRN is girly,
and I am a girl.

Tovah

This is a spicy little treat! Although the notes would indicate otherwise, I love wearing this in the scorching summer desert air. On a test strip I thought of this as a cool weather fragrance, but on my skin it's magnificent in the heat. My nose picks up hints of cherry tobacco, smoky almonds, powdery vanilla, and cherry liqueur. People stop me out of the blue to tell me I smell "soooooo good". The licorice/anise is much more in the background in the EDP than in the EDT (which is good, for me). I am unable to get my mind around thinking any fragrance suits certain age groups, or hair coloring, or even particular seasons, but I completely believe that individual chemistry has everything to do with accentuating or muting certain notes/accords. No matter what, I wear the fragrances that smell good to me and make me feel good. La Petite Robe Noire is just one of those scents that really, really works with my chemistry, according to my own nose. For me, this is a masterpiece, and I love it even more than Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum.

Silkpuppet
Silkpuppet

I wanted to love this. LPRN is a decidedly feminine and chic blend of cherries, berries, and black tea. I do not find the cherry in this scent to be reminiscent of cherry candy or cough syrup. It is fairly sweet but definitely not medicinal. The anise gives it a bit of spice and the tea adds smokiness. I get a bit of rose in the drydown but not too much almond or patchouli. Unfortunately, the smoked tea does not gel with my skin chemistry and the whole thing becomes too baby powdery. Not my cup of tea, but still mellow and flirty.

NEGAN

من امروز این عطر رو خریدم .واقعا خوش بو و خاصه بوی البالویی و تافی مانند ,این عطر رو دخترونه کرده..و پخش بوی مناسب و ماندگاری خوبی داره...و برای من فضایی فانتزی و لوکس ایجاد می کنه...عاشقشم.

jbells
jbells

Let's get this out of the way: I love this. So very much. It's one of the few fragrances that made me want more of it after the first try. Wearing this conjures images of young ladies in tulle twirling around. Gorgeous.

Like some of the other reviewers, I agree that this isn't a perfume wholly reflecting mature womanhood. It's reminiscent of youth, sliding on the girly side; an embodiment of confident young ladies who have the world at their feet.

Now moving on to the scent itself. In the bottle, it seems rather "deep". I'm not quite sure how else to describe it. It reminds me of a pitch black night that goes on and on. I think this comes from the liquorice and patchouli? A little sweet, but not at all unpleasant.

Upon spraying, I get a blast of cherries and liquorice with some tea playing in the background, but not much of anything else. It's a little candy-like, even - a sour tinge also comes into the mix.

Over the next hour, it somehow succeeds in becoming just a tad sweeter. The tonka note begins to peak through along with something like a spice, and there's a faintly discernible floral presence.

It stays like this for a while, then gently turns the bend towards deeper zones. The tea is now a lovely black, the cherries aren't as sweet anymore. Vanilla comes up a little more, while the liquorice is just hanging around the way it has been since the beginning. All the flowers become deeper, too, thanks in part to the patchouli, IMHO. This goes on right up to the end of its presence on my skin, a total of 3.5 hours.

I find myself wishing that the roses were more prominent, and that it had better longevity on me. Sillage was just right - it projected a little, but not too much. Again, I love this a lot.

Note: I have a sample of the LPRN EDT, and to me, it is similar, but does not develop into a deeper scent the way the EDP does. The EDT is a lot more girly, a little more fun, but unfortunately lacking in the longevity and sillage departments.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

As with everything Guerlain touch this is pure perfection. A depth of Cherries and Berries, wonderful sillage and longevity, a true modern classic. Long may it continue :-)

westernlady
westernlady

La Petite Robe Noire was a Guerlain that I was actually on the fence about before purchasing. It sounded like a huge departure from the gorgeous, complex classics like Mitsouko and Shalimar, which are two of my favorites.

I was intrigued about the idea of a Guerlain with a strong cherry base, so I took the plunge. When you first spray it, there is this strong medicinal cherry scent. The cherries are carried in a bright fizz of what reminds me of cherry cola being poured. La Petite Robe Noire is very sweet at first, almost sickeningly so for a few minutes.

Once it begins to dry down, the other players emerge, namely the vanilla and licorice. I could not figure out what that little edge was until I looked at the notes and saw licorice. The middle of the fragrance is still mostly cherry, licorice, and vanilla, but the other florals start to come forward.

It eventually dries down to a warm, soothing slightly milky fragrance that has some of that signature Guerlain feel to it. La Petite Robe Noire is interesting and playful, but very youthful feeling. This is an intriguing scent to me, but it still has not stolen my heart away from Mitsouko or Shalimar.

professorlilith
professorlilith

I like it a lot--until it's been on for five hours or so. The pronounced cherry and almond smells rich and very girly on me up until that point. The kind of thing for a grown up woman to wear to flirt, or that you'd expect a little girl to wear to her first communion. Then the tonka bean and Iris start to take over, and it takes on a thin, sour smell reminiscent of tobacco. At least, it's reminiscent of the thin sour smell tobacco takes on when it's on my skin. At that point it still smells pretty sweet and fruity on my hair and my clothes, but on the skin it's quite unpleasant. Projection is pretty good--a couple of feet, plenty for me as someone who works in an office--and the staying power is prodigious. I've worn it a number of times and each time it's stayed on me from early morning (6-7am) until I get home 12-14 hours later. It would probably stick around longer, but I find the final phase of it so unpleasant that the first thing I do when I get home is take a bath or shower to wash it off.

JaiTee
JaiTee

I wanted to love LPRN, but you know how it is when someone tells you not to think of elephants -- all you can think about are elephants.

Upon my first sniff of this, cherry cough lozenges popped into my mind. And then, after a few minutes, I could only think of cherry cough syrup.

ChaiLatte2009
ChaiLatte2009

So cute! I was pleasantly suprised! It could be a blind buy for almost any teenager, to girls in their early twenties. Girly and uplifting, but also unforcedly elegant. It really smells like it would suit with little black dress!

This is just as pretty as I thought it would be. Sweet and sour scent with cherries and red berries. I don't feel the licorice note very intensively, but maybe it's a good thing. So, it's not overwhelmingly sweet, more sour.
The perfume is more girly than womanly. It's not sophisticated, calm and old fashioned elegant.
It's happy, careless and youthful. Also, very lovely for spring and summer.

Effluves
Effluves

LPRN and I don't agree at all! One spritz on my wrist and I felt like a walking ice cream sundae with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry on the top.

It's sweet and syrupy and way too childish for me.

The bottle is elegant, like all of Guerlain 's bottles so far.

It's, not a bad scent at all, it's just not for me.

HausFrau
HausFrau

One of my favorite things to use in mixed drinks and desserts are Amarena Fabbri Italian candied wild cherries, from the decorated blue and white porcelain jar. I adore their almost floral tart sweetness, with a little bit of cinnamon and allspice that warms the back of your throat. Heaven on Earth is a little glug of the syrup from said cherries mixed with a couple fingers of St Germain and topped with champagne. This perfume smells EXACTLY like my favorite cocktail, complete with a half moon of my favorite red lipstick pressed onto the glass and a single dark, boozy cherry in the bottom. It's luxurious and activates your entire palate. So sexy, so refined. I have never met a man that doesn't love this fragrance, mine in particular tells me I smell like "a tall sexy Dr. Pepper in heels" which happens to be his drug of choice, so I have to be careful wearing it in public for fear of becoming one of those accidental exhibitionist couples that winds up on those "You didn't see that camera in the elevator, did ya?!" tv shows.

In short, go for it. Gourmand, but not sickly sweet. Tart and complex and smokey, with a little spice to warm it up. LPRN smells like nothing in my collection, and it's certainly worthy of the Guerlain name.

autumngirl
autumngirl

Its a wonderful,beautiful perfume.i just love it.really good Scent to have and buy.

zzMaja
zzMaja

Oh - this is absolutely delicious. I just got a tester from Saphora. I sprayed in on this morning and it is still going strong after hours of walking and shopping. I even got rave reviews from a sales clerk wanting to know what I was wearing. I asked her what notes she was picking up. She said: "I don't know, but for some reason it reminds me of Las Vegas!" My first spray brought out a wonderful anise scent along with a sour cherries - yum. This after noon it has settled into a wonderful soft powdery iris and a spice that I cannot identify, but it is lovely. This will go on my "To Purchase List". Can't wait to see what the evening brings as it releases its base notes!

400blows

We have officially bonded. And just to ramp it up even more, eponymous Kenzo parfum on the wrist of the same arm. The effect is delish, neutralising all Kenzo's sweetness and creaminess and bringing into relief a woody note and something starkly green.

I have always been one to say 'twist' on 19 in pontoon.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Little Black Dress? That phrase denotes subtle, simple elegance and sophistication. "La petite Robe noire" is anything but.

It's garishly girlish. Imagine a doll's head made out of marzipan and you will have a pretty good idea of how obnoxiously sweet this fragrance is. This could have been made by Paris Hilton.

ForrealMe2

Update..the Bottle is GORGEOUS! I got a tester bottle and the only difference is it says Guerlain on the dress..an added touch i think but over all what a wonderful fun and beautiful fragrance..more for the young at heart...but anyone can wear its a very grown up gourmand...love Guerlain! If you love sweet fruit and licorice this is a must have.

paneradfisk
paneradfisk

Smells very much like Lolita Lempicka but with more cherry. I'm surprised to see so many people disliking this perfume, I really like it and I don't usually like licorice. Mainly licorice, cherry and vanilla. Very nice perfume and a pretty bottle.

ForrealMe2

This smells like a wonderful Cherry Coke or Dr Pepper hands down i love it i'm getting a bottle

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

I'm uncertain about this one. I had it in my want list for so long, but today I tried it again and suddenly I think it smells too syrupy. A bit too much for my liking, and not as powdery as I like my Guerlains to be.

It does smell nice now that I've had it on for several hours, but I like perfumes I can enjoy all the way. It is a nice perfume, but for my money's worth, I think Insolence is a more interesting choice.

beautydiva
beautydiva

Lovely, sweet, Frenchy, what else to say? I have it since the fragrance was launched and really like it.
I use now the second bottle, bought online, from strawberrynet, and I find it more lasting. The notes of cherry, vanilla and mint are so cute.
When I close my eyes I dream walking in Paris:)))
Recommend it to all coquettes!

400blows

I just grabbed this from a local op shop for $10. In the box set are a 50ml bottle of Eau de P and a 5ml EdP. It says Kuntiel + Deygas pour Guerlain. curious... Evidently an unsuccessful Christmas present. I was not very turned on by the bottle. Not much of a little black dress person; more of a lunatic fringe disparate element combiner, very hit and miss, and that's fine with me :)
Anyway, I am one of those people who can never shut out anything. While trying it out, the traffic and trams and conversations and many colours on the clothing racks and my invisible connexion with the lady behind the counter were all taking centre stage and LPRN hit me on a limbic level only. I liked it straight away, enjoyed my immediate confusion, because in this there's that strangely discordant yet addictive 'something'or things that's in Mitsuoko and L'Heure Bleu, Vol de Nuit and Shalimar but that I never smelt a hint of in Champs Elysees [unless a little dry Tea quality is also there]. It's recalcitrant, a bit like the bitter dryness of white pepper followed by a hint of black rubber and then finally that powdery aldehyde scent. That was the strongest impression I got, other than a general sense of sweet vanillaryness/fruit.
So I think I'm hooked. I am a recent faller in love with Violet di Parma, Armani Si, Flowerbomb and Balmain's Ambre Gris. Especially Si, which dries down to something sublime for me. Maybe someone with more knowledge than I have can elucidate the connexions there, if there are any.
Maybe I'm like Benjamin Button, growing backwards, or maybe my aging schnozz can't tell when it's being hit with a 2x4 of 'gourmand' and 'sweet'. Or maybe those descriptors overstate the case. Whatever it is, I unabashedly enjoy these fragrances that to my mind fall roughly into a category I describe as oriental floral woody with that contrary hint of - is it resin? pepper? musk? green? - SOMETHING that confounds, and that elevates the experience.

Later edit- it dries down to fruit, probably the cherry.

The next day; there's a delicate flower in there, maybe violets. It's that something there is lots of in Jaipur for women, something fragile and a little bit creamy. I don't like reading the list of ingredients in case it prejudices me. So violets may be completely absent for all I really know. These are just impressions and couldn't be claimed to be definitive.

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

Young, fun, sweet but definitely Guerlain quality. (Although the LBD is a Chanel classic.) This makes me remember strolling thru Champs Elysees one rainy evening of May last year, while passing through the [then being renovated] Guerlain flagship store, then walking by Laduree on the same street after. Yes! Laduree! And I know why, this Guerlain has a distinctive pastry/candy/confectioners scent of licorice and dark berries. Starts off smelling like cough syrup at first, but quickly develops into a posh, gourmand, candy smell. Lasting power and sillage are amazing as well.

And yes, it does remind me of Lolita Lempicka in the drydown.

KellyMills
KellyMills

Very different from the classic Guerlain scents (and not anywhere near as good, imo), but La Petite Robe Noire is a fun scent when I want to smell like sour pie cherries and a hint of licorice.

krlamev
krlamev

I ... I ... I wow this perfume!
Love its sourness-sweetness... It's not so sweet that you will feel a bunch of bees behind you.. it's something classy and noticeable, people deff will feel your scent.

I agree with the comments that is something gourmand and "liquor-ish"

It's ok for daytime but for night it's perfect...
Definitely it's a night time fragrance and not for hot summer, it might be a little overwhelming in my opinion... I just can imagine a spring, autumn or winter night with this fragrance... great!

I love it... simple love it!

christianne1
christianne1

Never thought a cherry bomb perfume would appeal to me but I absolutely love this! I didn't want to like it, I tried to hate it....but it won me over. I could not stop sniffing myself. This is more of an adult friendly cherry fragrance, dark cherries with some tea and rose...and tonka and almond...it is just delicious! The dry down has a warm musky feel to it...this is a sweet fragrance but something keeps it from being too sweet or sickening (to me at least). It isn't too teeny bopper or anything like that. I knew I had to have it when I smelled it on my kitty the next day from me hugging her after I put it on. I went to kiss her and I was like gosh you smell good then realized it was La Petite Robe Noire! Mmm-mm-mmm...love it!

mylancome

The EDP only officially available in Malaysia on end of October 2013. The opening spray is quite scary, metallic cherry sweet bomb. You can say it has a loud opening, and it doesn't fade away easily. It takes time to calm down, further down, I get a sense of L'heure Bleue.

I'm not crazy, it's L'heure Bleue, with a cherry sweet touch, melancholic, moody. Well well my friend, you have come back to me again, just in a different dress.

Beware, this perfume is not very suitable for hot weather. But you can use this to choke someone you hate, haha.

P.S.: Guerlain Malaysia has stop bringing in the classic L'heure Bleue.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Before I start, I need to make a note: I am a big fan of Guerlain perfumes.

La Petite Robe Noire was released, initially, in 2009, as a limited edition. In 2011, another edition was presented to the public under the name of La Petite Robe Noire 2.
In 2012, Guerlain decided to modify the original fragrance and relaunched the 2009 version, with the same name, inspired by the black dress as an indispensable item in any woman's wardrobe.

With inspiration in black, in the night time, the fragrance brings dark notes in its composition. The output has notes of black cherry, almonds, bergamot and red berries. In the body of the fragrance, floral notes of Bulgarian rose, Damask rose, black tea and licorice. To finish, a creamier base with vanilla, tonka bean, anise, patchouli and IRIS.

The result is a fragrance, which is more gourmand than floral, even though brings gorgeous shades of roses. And although the evolution of a feminine perfume is always different on the skin of a woman than a man, unfortunately, I thought it was just too much going on in this composition. It is very sweet, it takes a lot to evolve and has a very strong appearance of syrup, which only started to fade away after about 3 hours of application.

The output is very potent and it doesn't fade in about 30 minutes, as most of the fragrances. It manages to stay alive and even overlap at heart notes. So, on my skin, I haven't seen almost nothing of roses or tea. What's left was a very medicinal aroma, combined with a nuance of liquorice, which could be improved, and only after a long time, the base began holding the strange and sweet fragrance and turned out to be more balanced, mature and creamy. Then, it became easier to perceive the presence of vanilla and patchouli.

The upside is the fact that it is impossible for a woman to wear this perfume and not be noticed, because exudes and lasts surprisingly. The downside is that the climate of Brazil did not help and the perfume requires a lot of flexibility to be enjoyed. I believe to be most appropriate for night time use and sparingly.

The bottle kept the heart reversed shape and, in this version, presents a gradient that goes from the innocence, represented by pink, for Nocturne, represented by black. Everything to do with the content.

MandiPants85
MandiPants85

I really, REALLY wanted to like this perfume, especially because Guerlain is so prestigious and I have heard a lot of hype. However when I put this prfume on, I get an initial BLAST of sour cherries. Now normally I love really sweet and citrus perfumes, but this is an unhappy marriage of the two on me. Maybe it's the licorice that gives it that sour note? I am looking forward to the launch of the petit robe noir couture edition, perhaps they will cater to the older woman in her 30's such as myself.

ForrealMe2

I smelled this gem and it really resembles the Insolence i have which is the EDP with that powdery feel you get with the Violet but instead you get sweet Cherries...which i like...i'm still on the fence if whether i want to get this in the future but i do love cherry fragrances and perhaps i need more time with it..i do know that my Insolence lasts forever so i am sure this one probably does too because it really is similar to an extent and must have the same quality since they are so close...its the powder i am not too sure about as it leaves an almost hairspray kinda scent to it but the Cherry in this actually makes me loves this more than Insolence i guess its just my preference with the powder and violet vs powder and cherry...but the cherry does make you like it amongst the many other fragrances you test out..gorgeous bottle...oh if i could only get my hands on the beautiful extrait that is not for the US :( and yes it does have the Lolita vibe but lolita doesn't have the cherry but you smell the licorice,spice and the powdery hairspray vibe effect...hence i love L by Lotita way more...i believe this version of Petite is the best though out of the bunch...

lkg14
lkg14

On me, this smells quite similar to a grape flavored lollipop?

tinaelisa
tinaelisa

Too me this smells like a better version of Lolita Lempickas Lolita Lempicka. I always wanted Lolita Lempicka but it doesn't wear well on me. Somehow the violet comes out to strong. This one however is how I wanted LL to smell like. I get the licorice but it still has a good blast of juiciness without being to sweet or too immature. On my want list!

neda173
neda173

beautiful lovely and feminine specially in winter. makes me feel good in cold days, Love it. Can be used in summer too but too sweet for hot weather.

mihaela_i
mihaela_i

I bought a bottle of this in 2012 and I finished it very quickly - about a month, because the lasting power wasn't great. I rebought this a week ago and I must say something changed, whether it's my skin chmistry or the formulation, I'm not sure. The vanilla is a lot more prominent in this one and it's more powdery (for a moment I thought I was wearing BPAL's Eat Me , a blackcurrant - dusty vanilla combination). I don't mind this change even though sometimes it smells a bit "off", or too dusty, and I really liked the warm cherry note in my first bottle. At least I don't have to reapply this perfume every 3 hours and it has retained its charm and personality. Also, the sprayer works a lot better.

April_Anne
April_Anne

This was a surprisingly good buy. I tested it out on my wrists, and was initially turned off by the sugary-cherry scent that reminded me so much of my cough medicines when I was still a kid, but by the time it dried down, and I could smell how the licorice, the vanilla, and the almond mingled with each other, I was in love. I think this would be perfect for the cooler months, but I wouldn't mind dabbing a few drops on my wrist to sniff every once in a while.

lesgalaxies
lesgalaxies

Tested a sample of this today. Delicious! Not sure how well fruity scents suit me, but this I would buy for any of my fruit loving friends!

Dark berries and light patchouli/anise for an earthy base, bright white flowers garnishing the woman in the black dress. She's dark and sexy. The rose in this feels misty, very much in the background, but adds to the dimension of this scent. Lovely.

Have to say though, I'm really not a fan of the artwork, or the imagined depiction of this black dress wearer.. makes it look a little kid-ish, something I'd reconsider if I were giving this to someone as a gift x:

xtc_gall
xtc_gall

Love it so much :) if you like sweet and fruity smells with the cherry and licorice notes,give this perfume a try.

TheFeatheredDuchess
TheFeatheredDuchess

I love this perfume. Finally after all these years I have found a scent that I never grow tired of!
I'm on my 3rd bottle and still find the smoky, dark notes of this bewitching and interesting everytime I put it on.
As a devotee of the original version of Poison in the 80's I'm delighted to find a new 'purple' fragrance to wear this century.

Mikprittie
Mikprittie

Dr. Pepper or cherry coke anyone? Top notes smell exactly like that or maybe sweeter. I don't think it's very similar to Lolita lempicka or even the la petite robe noir edt. The cherry and berries take center stage here, patchouli behaves really well . I love the fragrance but I do agree with them that this doesn't fit the classic little black dress image. This is a berry sweet perfume that doesn't smell elegant but rather cute and playful. In the drydown the iris takes a peak in the cherry cola clouds every now and then but it doesn't overpower nor does it convert this into a powdery cloud, this remains fizzy the entire time. This perfume Is bright playful, sparkling and meant to be enjoyed.

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

I feel extremely feminine and sophisticated when i wear this.

I love Guerlain fragrances, the use of real essential oils shows. This is a very sweet, dark berry, liquorice & powdery scent. On me, i wish the liquorice & cherry came out more, it doesn't seem to at all once sprayed on my skin. I feel it very top & middle note, with no deep base nose which i craved to be present.

Still a beautiful fragrance. I'm going to wear this when i go to Paris in March :)
n

HollyBiani
HollyBiani

This perfume could hold it's own in a line up of 100. I smell coke a cola, licorice, and cherries. The way they roll together in this perfume is pretty amazing. I never thought I would appreciate this scent at all and it totally took me by surprise!

Lily2911
Lily2911

This was a very unusual purchase : different stages from hate at first sniff to, hmm interesting "like" and now even big favourite for cold winter time. I was very skeptical, being a die hard classic guerlain fan, i was not attracted at all to even try it. I had the perception that guerlain was trying to conquer very agressively the "young" buyers or girlie girlie women : my rejection was based upon pre-conceived idea that nobody wants to smell after coke cherry gum or medicinal cough syrup. It could have beein that kind of disaster if it was created and developed by less talented and experienced perfume house as guerlain. I must admit that LRN is far more complex than only cherry liquor : the trio of licorice, berries and almond is exquisite and the dry dow is unmistakingly a real guerlain one : vanille, tonka, patchouly and benzoin, all very present and they that amazing aura of a real guerlain perfume. For me LRN is a nice surprise who stole my heart not instantly and by storm but by intrigueing me as a good novel, chaper by chapter, phrase by phrase and revealing to be very intoxicating and holding me in suspense until the last letter...

LoveMeDo7
LoveMeDo7

Sweet and mischievous cherries mingle with mysterious licorice to capture the French “Je ne sais quoi.” One spray is all you need to take you through the day as the longevity lasts forever. I imagine myself watching the sunset from a balcony in Paris, listening to soft music floating up from the street below, cool breeze in my hair, and warm love in my heart. In a word...Heavenly.

euphorie
euphorie

La Petite Robe Noire (LPRN), I'll admit I disliked it at first. When this was recommended to me, I checked it out and I just didn't like it. The cherry note is very artificial and I hate cherry-flavoured things. I also hate liquorice. There was also a medicinal quality that all Guerlain perfumes had, which put me off slightly because I wasn't expecting it. Keep in mind, this was the first Guerlain I tried. Definitely not classic Guerlain but if you prefer more 'youthful' scents that are on the verge of being gourmand, I reckon LPRN might be something you'd like to try.

The only perfume I could compare it to is Lolita Lempicka (LL) but I dislike LL more because of its stronger liquorice note and also the anise note. This is more fruitier than LL.

I kept trying it and eventually I've learned to enjoy it. It's still not a love though. I like the smokiness of the black tea, which I believe gives it a tobacco-ish scent, along with the liquorice. The liquorice definitely gives it warmth, as some had mentioned. It doesn't evoke the image I had for the Givenchy dress Audrey Hepburn wore in 'Breakfast at Tiffany's'. It was more like a girl's first LBD.

The very first perfume I had my eyes on was Miss Dior Cherie (pre-reformulation). It was fun and very cute with its strawberry and popcorn notes but it didn't quite suit me, even as that 16 y.o who never wore anything but dresses and skirts and loved strawberries. MDC didn't have much of a dark side. LPRN could've been my scent if it had existed back then and no, it wouldn't have been too sophisticated for me. There's no reason why this couldn't be my scent now. It's just that my tastes had changed slightly and I like to explore beyond the sweet-fruity-floral that I loved before.

I believe LPRN's target is for women in their 20s mainly, or 30s if they enjoy more 'youthful' scents but anyone can enjoy it regardless of age... or gender.

Tuana
Tuana

LOLITA LEMPICKA in a different bottle... You won't think it smells like lolita lempicka at first sniff. Just wait for a couple of hours or the next day. Trust me you will be suprised.

cecfor
cecfor

A brief sweet introduction which is nice but short. Then it turns to something sour and sharp. I don't like it when topnptes are nice and the rest is not. Unwearable for me as fruitchoulis are. This is a berrychouli though. Just as bad. It has a masculine touch too. It must be the patch.

This is just another fruitchouli. I find nothing special in it compared to the big bunch of similar frags out there. Sigh

chuetta
chuetta

Licorice definitely with a nice dense Cherry pudding. It isn't for everyobody bit if you can pull it off you will get so many compliments

peachypixie
peachypixie

I really want to love it, but it's a polite 'like' for me. It's certainly a wintery scent, good for christmas. Strong and heady. I am a fan of cherry... it's sort of like cherry cough medicine, but better? I could see this perfume giving people headaches. It's very rich, sensual, and moody, though. I would not mind wearing this out to a fine restaurant in December-February. However, it's not a daily scent, not something you can wear without feeling like everybody can smell you, and you are unsure whether they like the smell of cherry cough medicine.

Tanyaoxo
Tanyaoxo

Hideously strong licorice cherries! I think I have grown a disdain for licorice in perfume. Not nice.

missy.stratimirovic
missy.stratimirovic

Yes, it is unusually sweet and young but every time I wear it I don't think my old Guerlains are getting offended in any way. The edp is flirty and full of joy, a gourmand perfect for December days such as this one. I've put it in early afternoon and am still getting pleasurable whiffs as I move in the evening. The drydown is most definitely Guerlain, tonka bean and vanilla with iris. La Petite Robe Noire, why not?

Shtefitza

Feeling giddy whenever I wear it. :) Off to San Francisco Symphony for Handel's Messiah... :) Throwing in a breath of fresh air into a baroque piece...

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

definitely too much sweet and gourmand for me ,i think not in the usual quality range of guerlain

6,5 /10

pinkbeauty
pinkbeauty

Oh gosh! Was that the cherry I smelled as cough syrup?

yokaloveonew
yokaloveonew

i don't like it it gives me a headache it's strong and loud and on my skin it smells exactly the same as eikon from oriflame that my brother use and that's for men but i prefer oriflame one as it turns to warm smell after awhile so i guess men can use this and it also smell like lolita lambecka which i hate i don't know maybe because the licorice .i regret that i bought it.

livio.marucci
livio.marucci

The Guerlain version for the gourmands!!! Just perfect!! Sweet but not sickening or vulgar! Very versatile! I love this! Another masterpiece of Guerlain... and I can't just get enough of it!

Zaleska
Zaleska

Well, I'm 36, not too young but not too old. I can wear anything I please. ;)
I find this scent very playful. The cherry/sweet/powdery combination is pleasant enough to wear this perfume either in summer or winter.
Insolence is still my favorite, though.

chrissyc15
chrissyc15

I hear overwhelming applause for this fragrance and had to give it a try. It begins with a VERY strong fruity burst that settles down after about 10 minutes into a warm cherry licorice scent with and underlying powdery essence. It is a very pleasant fragrance, and I would definitely not be offended it I was on an elevator with someone wearing it. However, it is not something that I would personally wear if I had other options. I am 27 and it smells a bit to old for me. Something maybe my mother would wear. Not my grandmother, but my mother. Very nice, just not me. :)

leahjowen
leahjowen

Don't be scared by the first bold fruity hit, this scent settles into a sweet yet sophisticated fragrance. I'm pleased to have found a fruity floral that I can wear and still feel like a woman as opposed to a prepubescent girl. It is a shame however the scent does not last and sillage is almost non-existent after 5-10 minutes, which is very disappointing.

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

It wears beautifully on men as well. Guys, no need to shy from it. The juice inside the pretty girly bottle is good stuff. Get your nose on it!

rumyana.zlateva.3
rumyana.zlateva.3

I' ve got it! With the hours it is getting better and better! Pure pleasure.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

This fragrance just cements my idea of Guerlain as the best house of perfume (Well among designers perfumes at least) as they make perfume for the creative and innovative part of creating a perfume not just another glass bottle of scented alcohol for the mass market!

The fact that they have so many mixed reviews just confirm this point.

Sure "La petite robe noire" won't appeal to everyone. It's a bold, loud and dramatic fragrance. It's an explosion of olfactory pleasure that shocks you and knocks you off of your feet. You need to step outside your comfort zone to appreciate this kind of powerhouse scents.

It starts out with a blast of Cherry and every other berry that you can think of! From the first second it's overwhelming. Seconds later, licorice, tea, almond, vanilla and roses comes in and takes it to a whole new level of gourmand scents. You can really detect the scents of every ingredient, however the dominant ones are the licorice and cherries.

This scent is mouthwatering, sexy, and unique. Not for every lady, but a confident lady, preferably a light skinned one, can pull this off with no problems... You need to be bold to like this.

This fragrance lasts a long time has a monster sillage that can even choke you before you have the chance to smell your wrist/blotter so it is necessary that you dose well the quantity required because an overspray could be fatal (LOL). Defenitely NOT TO BE A BLIND BUY TO ANYONE! ALWAYS TRY IT FIRST!!

MarillaV
MarillaV

Although this fragrance often gets dismissed for being just another floral fruity, I think it is actually a lot more sophisticated than people give it credit for. Sure it opens up with a giant nose of cherry, but it doesn't take long for that cherry to develop into something more. On my skin, the licorice appears shortly after the initial cherry hit. This licorice gives the cherry an interesting twist, a slightly bitter and herby note that on others may read as medicinal. But on me it just makes the cherry less sweet. It is soon joined by a smokey tea accord, adding depth to this cherry affair.

After the sweet, herby, and smokey notes play for awhile, La Petite Robe Noir reveals its pedigree as the characteristic Guerlain base takes hold. The tonka bean and iris come to play, bringing the powder. This rounds out and smooths the fragrance, giving it that luxurious, almost velvet quality that I love. Longevity and sillage are typical for a Guerlain, which is to say excellent.

And of course, the bottle itself is beyond gorgeous. I enjoy this fragrance immensely and think it definitely is worthy of the Guerlain name. It takes a trendy concept and elevates it to another level. Worth a sniff, do not dismiss this one out of hand for being fruity or gourmand.

mylancome

At first, I didn't plan to buy this after tried the EDT (it's plastiky sharp, like cough syrup or hair spray). The SA friend spray it on me, I very dislike the opening, tooth decay sweet, ugh!

I didn't leave the counter immediately, I stayed cause I haven't seen her more than 6 months. As the perfume develops, gone the sweetness, then comes the gourmand part. The Tonka Bean, Black Tea Leaves, Vanilla, Violet, and a little bit a Cherry. Smell like L'heure Bleue added Cherry (sweat & sour) and Black Tea Leaves (Bitter), just no aniseed, I was sold.

A modern, sweet version of L'heure Bleue. Doesn't smell like Lolita Lempicka (I had it once).

Will get the eyeshadow palette after Christmas, the pink is surprisingly wearable all year round.

Dear Fragrantica, the large size bottle is 100ml.

rosesaredead
rosesaredead

I tested this at Sephora today. In the beginning, it smelled similar to Lolita Lempicka, then later a cherry coke note came up. Then the dry down is still a little cherry coke-like, but it reminds me of Tom Ford Noir a little. I think it's the powdery, slightly smokey sweetness that makes it smell like a very soft Noir. I like it. I think it's a little dark and mysterious while being fun with the cherry note.

Juliana6
Juliana6

On me this scent opens with a beautiful, white cherry blossom covered branch caressing my cheek, then come the black, dewy, delicious cherries with a tiny almond peel bitterness. The base is made of licorice (on me it's quite dominant and strong) with a touch of powder, of sweet, a bit "drunk" and candied cherries and dazzling patchouli wrapped in the vanilla coat. Actually I can agree with those who have written that this smelled like some fabric. I just want to add- like a fabric while the ironing.
Unique, quite heavy,spicy, delicious, dark fragrance living its own life. When I smell it, I remember the movie "Midnight in Paris"- the same French attitude, the same vibe of the celebration of life.

rockegg
rockegg

Another fragrance where the name and the emotional impact are completely different. A little black dress should be sophisticated and sexy. This smells like something they'd sell to little girls. My Little Pony: Perfume is Pretty or something like that. It starts out like cherry with a hint of something medicinal (I guess that's the licorice), then transforms into sweet, powdery grandma. We all have our own emotional associations but I envision the person smelling like this would be wearing her sparkly shoes and plastic tiara and pretending she's a princess, not a sleek little black cocktail dress.

pinkchevalier
pinkchevalier

It's strange but every time I wear this it seems I get a different range of the notes. At first when I started to wear this in late summer/fall, I smelled the black tea, floral and almond aspects in balance with the cherry/anise/"licorice" aspects. Now it is winter and I get none of that cherry cough syrup but moreso sour cherries though it isn't overwhelming. I get a bit of the smoky note too underneath. I used to love it because I'm a big fan of cherry notes but recently I find that the overly penetrating cherry note turns too sour and I no longer love it. Nonetheless, it seems that it's not as a big mess as I've seen other reviews of it - just poorly developed perhaps in different weather? Perhapts it's mood too but I'll be looking for more sophisticated cherry centric fragrances; this isn't it.

MonaThorbourne
MonaThorbourne

Purchased this from a member and it is WAYYYYY better than I thought it would be. Intoxicating. Warm. Spicy. Absolutely LOVE it. Thank you Vie Cafe! <3

Giezza
Giezza

This one smells very sweet and girly. I think it suits for a girl in their 20s. I love this fragrance only if I put a proper amount of spray, because the sillage is a bit strong. I don't want to smell like a walking candy.

kitsunemagic
kitsunemagic

I know tobacco isn't in the notes but I swear the top notes have something in it that gives this perfume a tobacco/like scent, when I wear this I smell cherry coke with a vanilla/tobacco dry down, I picture this being sported with black outfits during a cold winter night, this smells amazing during colder seasons

LisaMari
LisaMari

It has a very fabric like fragrance - literally like the scent of perfume on a warm black dress :) I can definitely detect cherry and lemon/lime and black tea.
It smells perky, sweet and clean. I like it.

anna.dkr5
anna.dkr5

I was looking forward to smelling the licorice note. Alas... this comes across as only cherry on my skin. It's a pleasant and long-lasting scent, but it's not for me.

michelle.p.stpierre
michelle.p.stpierre

Definitely NOT a safe blind buy! That cherry and licorice note combo will either make it or break it for you. On me, unfortunately, it came across as a cherry flavored cough drop in cake batter.

almarie
almarie

This is a beautiful scent. I tried our tester on at work today and I really do enjoy it. It is a little steep price wise, but I definitely will be picking this up next week during our friends and family event, that way I can get a decent discount on it. The sillage is amazing. It reminds me of grape juice but more elegant in a grown up way, of course. I adore this scent from Guerlain! However, my boyfriend and son think it's aweful. Oh well, I will still be getting it. Plus I like the bottle as it will look great in my fragrance collection!

andulce55
andulce55

krásná výrazná vůně a dobrá výdrž

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

Gorgeous! Sweet, cherry, licorice, patchouli, tobacco. That is what I smell, and I get so many compliments on this one! I love it because it's very different from most perfumes that are out there. It's got the sweet fruitiness that I love, but with a depth from the patchouli, rose and tonka bean. So much smoky sweetness here. Did I mention I love it?!

I love to spray this on when I am dressed to the 9's, ready for a night on the town with my girlfriends. I feel sassy, sophisticated, and ready for having fun! But it's also so nice on casual, cool days. Very versatile.

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

A tip if you have put on a perfume that smells awful on you is to first wash and scrub it off with some floating dish stuff that takes away oils and stuff, for examaple "yes" then you tru the skin and spray on your ordinary perfume on the spot, more than you usally use and then you dont smell the bad perfume anymore :)
Works for me everytime :)

giola
giola

Suffocatingly sweet artificial cheery aroma. Even the powdery dry down is stuffy. Irritating, boring smell. The only positive thing about it is the Kuntzel +Deygas design.

Elviel
Elviel

How did a Little Black Dress become associated with a mound of cherry, almond, and vanilla artificial cake essences?

Guerlain.

Putting aside the wrongness of the juxtaposition of perfume name and the juice inside the bottle (casually fabulous/I dropped the whole bottle into the cake mix) I think I have had far too many doeses of Sudafed and Benylin to appreciate this - it makes me nauseous.

No earthy notes, no rose, no tea, just straight up almond/cherry/vanilla artificial cake essences.

Shame. I like the idea of a quick spray from the beautiful bottle making me feel 'casually fabulous'.

I have tried both 2012 and 2013 and find them too similar to worry about the difference.

Eau de Parfum carded sample 2012
Eau de Parfum carded sample 2013

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

Warning: don't read this if you are going to be offended by a negative review.

I rarely get to try any popular or mainstream fragrances as I live a long way from a city and department stores. However, recently I went on ebay and ordered myself a few samples such as Coco Mademoiselle, Jimmy Choo & this one. I own several bottles of Guerlain, namely Jicky, Eau de Coq and Vol de Nuit and recognise the house of Guerlain as a leader in perfumery. All their perfumes have amazing popularity. So what has gone wrong here? Oh, yes, it's popular, but I cannot see why. It is so harsh, and the notes which individually sound very attractive, just do not meld. I'm not a fan of licorice/anise notes, but I cannot even detect them here. All in all it smells to me like a big bouquet of the whitest flowers procurable, and it's a complete puzzle because white flowers are not listed as ingredients in this. I just wonder if their designers flung together any old thing, stuck it in a cute bottle and expected the buyers not to notice that not much care and attention was given here. I know I am at odds with the majority of reviewers here, but I honestly cannot get my head around this stuff, and I feel Guerlain should be ashamed to have put its name to it. As for the others I bought, I'm not going to even bother to review them, and I will stick to my niche loves.

Nessy
Nessy

Big-big-big thank you to Sammymac, now I have a lovely miniature.:)
I feel the gorgeous notes of black cherry, almond and licorice. Very sweet and girly, but the earl grey tea note makes it comfortable and wearable for me. I like the purple and the yellow apple of Lolita Lempicka, but they give me headache... Fortunately La Petite Robe Noire just tempting my senses and lasts more than 6 hours.:)
The modern classic of the House Guerlain.

nightcat23
nightcat23

Smells like delicious warm gooey sweet cherries in a dessert. Like a cherry ripe candy bar! Or a traditional home made Cherry pie.
It's so yummy and delicious and extremely edible!

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

I also get the cherry cola smell with vanilla & tonaka beans.. I really like it and it lasted 6-8 hours however my sillage was mild but most frags are on me =(

Sammymac100
Sammymac100

I have a gorgeous little 5ml bottle of this little beauty if anyone would like it? I adore this delicious perfume but have just splashed out on a Tom Ford I have had my eye on for a while and it would be rude not to share my little free gift from the 59ml bottle of PRN.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

I like this quite a lot, actually! Smells like sour tangy cherries with a touch of licorice/anise and nuts. Reminds me of eating dried sour cherries. Very fruity, but not overly sweet. Light to moderate sillage, at least on me. I could see this being used for either day or night, and I would tend to say fall would be the ideal season to wear it. This will really shine when it's chillier out. The bottle is so cute! It and the fragrance make me think of the elegant galas rich folk get to go out to in DC and New York. I'd wear this with a slinky black dress...probably a backless one. It's sweet and girly, but not in an overly innocent way.

ktyhan
ktyhan

of course, it's a sweet type, but nice and light with moderate lasting power... safer to wear but not as distinguishable when compared to other Guerlain perfumes.

Herestoshuttingup
Herestoshuttingup

Gorgeous! Cherries and mysterious black licorice with a bit of a powdery note, I love it. It is similar on me to Lolita Lempicka but less of a sillage monster and less cloying. Sillage on this one is reasonable and longevity is great, I easily get 12+ hours out of this frag.

Nadia Albayati
Nadia Albayati

Nothing new to add here.. This is how i perceive it:
I get the cherry cola as well layered with baby powder and it's kinda suffocating. I think it's definitely a colder months scent. Long lasting and heavy projection.

sarah ashraf
sarah ashraf

i just love love love it !! it's my favourite perfume now , and yes it's a little bit heavy for my taste but i can't stop my self smilling it ! , i can smell cherry cola , candy and vanilla "dry down" .
ps : 2 spritz is more than enough ! :))

mizz.cindy
mizz.cindy

I've tried La Petite Robe Noire along with a similar fragrance that was released about the same time: Coco Noir. For me, La Petite Robe Noire was clearly the winner.
Both of them share a similar fruity patchouli theme, but where Coco Noir smelled disappointingly generic, La Petite Robe Noire stood out because it has some nice twists.
Fruity patchouli perfumes are not my favorite, but I love La Petite Noire for it's spicy liquorice vanilla that balances the sweet fruits out, and the drier almost herbal drydown with the tea and patchouli.
The start is really fruity, with bergamot and red berries, cherries most prominent. Together with the almonds the overall effect is very sweet, but not too heavy because of the liquorice and a sour note from the cherries.
After this initial fruity and almost sirupy burst, the fragrance tones down, the flowers come up along with a lovely black tea note.
The tea along with the spicy aniseed gives a herbal base to the sweet roses and the red fruits. In the drydown, what's left is this herbal quality with the famous Guerlainesque powdery tonka. The patchouli here is green and herbal, instead of earthy and raspy. Really gorgeous!
This is the brilliance of La Petite Robe Noire. The unexpected herbal quality, with a nod to the sweet "herbs de Provence" that Guerlain is known for, that's what lifts this fragrance to another level. Otherwise it would be just another fruity patchouli floral. Bravo!

andabri
andabri

This smells like an lavishly dressed older women sipping some bizarre fruit cocktail.

On my skin I smell freshly ground up raw almonds, sweet cherry syrup, black licorice, a hint of spice, and a strong powdery smell. Sometimes I get the idea that it is almost reminiscent of Dr. Pepper.

The sugary sweet overlay isn't the typical sugar smell. It is the sweet, deep syrupy smell that alcoholic drinks like Kahlua or Baileys give off when you sniff them.

I like it, but not enough to purchase a bottle. For me, this is the type of scent where it is more enjoyable for me to sniff a spot on my wrist and ponder over the conundrum of flavors, than to actually spray over my body and emanate the smell to others.

littlemissconsumer
littlemissconsumer

No. Just no. So disappointed. Bought it via Internet since I love almost all fragrances from Guerlain, wanted to cry when I smelled it. I have tried it on several occasions, at the neck, back of the neck, on the hands, wrists, arms, in the hair and still all I get is a cheap smell of sweet licorice, milky almond and overripe cherries. The bottle however is lovely so I am using it for decoration.

RoRoSe

Black rose, black licorice, black tea ..

A very dark cherries tea.

Strong lasting power & sillage.

Differently for winter !

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

sample review:

This reminds me strongly of some kind of liquor.
It's sweet and quite appealing. I never drink booze, but this makes me think of it, lol

Save M
Save M

La PETITE is delightful with black cherry leading the other notes. There's a cherry very grown up in it and also a sprinkle of freshness..

the mix of creamy black cherry with licorice, vanilla and guerlanide makes it be really special. Black tea, black cherry and licorice give depth and a dark personality.
It has also a kind of sour twist in the top notes, but after a while it turns very creamy and uncommonly smoked..
it is a mysterious fragrance, the edt is also loving!!

Arber Cami
Arber Cami

ANother atomic bomb of house Guerlain and inhouse perfumer Thierry Wasser, the combination of Cherry and licorice...just perfect smell

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Uh, all I get it Pinesol and cherry cough syrup. Yuck. And it won't go away even though I scrubbed the heck out of my wrist.

tigsi
tigsi

Adorable bottle! The dry-down is pretty nice, it smells exactly like cherry hard candy. Sweet, delicious, makes your mouth water, but I cannot get over the opening! Waayyyyy too strong! It's interesting, if you like cherry fragrances. Would recommend, I think I'd love smelling it on someone else, but I can't wear it, when you initially put it on it's soooo sweet and medicinal, I can't handle it.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

The initial blast of La Petite Robe Noire is a very tart cherry scent, which distinguishes itself from other common sweet cherry fragrances. Licorice is also detectable at this very first stage of LPRN, which did make me think of Lolita Lempicka. However, while LL develops into a more powdery scent, LPRN evolves into another direction.

While the initial strong sour cherry mellows, red berries and almonds also come into the scene. Patchouli pops out here or there with a hint of earthiness, but in an understated way. Soon the scent transforms into a sort of candied rose, quite like LPRN EDT. While EDT is bright and sparkling with fresh crisp apple, EDP is just a little bit darker, richer, but nowhere near being gothic or femme fatale.

The final stage marks the return of cherry and its dance with vanilla, tonka and gentle licorice, smooth like a light cream, and slowly fades away.

The sillage is strong at first but soft during the drydown. The longevity is pretty good for around 10h. To me, LPRN is a playful and girly fragrance with good quality, not too complex to spoil the fun, but still with some depth preventing from being childish.

I like it, but still am skeptical for a full bottle purchase as personally I don't see myself wearing it too often. The price tag certainly doesn't help. I think it might sit on my 'want list' for quite a while.

red gloves
red gloves

When I smelled it for the first time, I was curious about how it will develop on my skin, cause I find the notes really fresh and sweet, but unfortunatelly, the scent completely faded away in an hour..

maraika
maraika

This one got me confused. I adore most of the modern Guerlains, but LPRN surprised me and i still don't know wether i like it or not. The notes made me think of more creamy powdery scent with the typical Guerlain finish. But when i tried it, it was completely different from what i imagined. Along with the juicy cherries and the bitter almonds, which gives it a more mature, a little dark presence, there's also a menthol-like note, that makes it strange, sharper than i wished and a bit medicinal. And on my skin this note doesn't fade away until the end. Otherwise i can't say i dislike it, because it's rich, sophisticated and unusual, it has that bohemian, decadent feel to it. And as strong as it is, it doesn't give me headache or dizziness, even though the weather here is very hot now. I would have to wait to see if this would turn to love(maybe i should try it on cold weather), as with most of Guerlains it takes time to understand it completely.

calalini
calalini

Got a sample and it smells like cherry kola bubblegum. Love it.

ditush
ditush

I hated this one at first, then I liked it, then I started to miss it, got another sample and now I absolutely love it. It does smell like cherry coke! Don't get discouraged by the downvotes, though, try it. The sillage and longetivity are absolutely amazing (I am talking about the EDP).

xabaras
xabaras

A classy and elegant fragrance which is sweet but not headache inducing, and dominated by cherry notes all along. I can detect vanilla, and that classy, almost retro` feeling, made by the mix of patchouli and tonka beans. It makes me think of cherry yoghurt. Fragrant and original. A very nice scent!

jamjazz
jamjazz

when I first got it, I did not like it, I thought, oh, just a copy of lolita lempicka, but slowly it started to seduce me. It is a really fun fragrance which is always uplifting, no matter the season or the occasion!

Bornthisfashion
Bornthisfashion

This fragrance is fantastic!

windhill
windhill

Me and my gf goes looking for this one. But she's end up picking EDT and I... while almost pick the Guerlain L'Homme L'Eau Boisée.. I pick this one.

I thought it would be similiar to LL but I found LPRN edp much less powdery. Sweet and mysterious but not headache including though. I'd agreed with EmilyTheStrange that LPRN far more mature and sophisticated. Actually closer to LL Au Masculin but more manlier(to me it was). It feminine but also masculine at the same time. I would love to call the EDP as "suit" which confidence women and men can wear and EDT is "dress" for elegance ladies.

Open with blast of cherries and licorice. But not juicy cherry like in EDT. Cherry in EDP are dryer and licorice made it smokier and more syrupy. Almost smell medicinal like herbal candies shop. But not childish and cheap. It's strong scent, sexy and unique in its own way.

Most I like in LPRN is smoked tea. I think it's the main note that give masculine feeling in this scent. At the dry down I can clearly smell Earl Grey black tea which is a good thing. I love to have that scent on my skin. In all LPRN smell like "Fun and sweet rose macaroon and mannered Earl Grey tea"

I'd agree with many people here. You can love it or hate it so do not blind buy. My gf love this smell on me so we both happy to own both EDT and EDP :)

coffeebee88
coffeebee88

The bottle is gorgeous, the contents? hmmm. I had wanted to try this for a while and had read a few reviews prior to sampling... they were right about the cherry! I may as well have spritzed cherry coke on my wrists. I don't find the scent unpleasant, rather I can't think of an occasion were it would be appropriate. I do think however, many will find it rather nauseating, I couldn't get past the cherry until a few hours of wear and even then many of the other notes were lost.
As many have said do try to sample this before you buy. Whilst I was at the counter I also tried the EDT, a much more wearable fragrance- although still present, the cherry note wasn't so severe.

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

So, after coveting this for a while, my husband bought me a bottle for my 30th birthday :)

For starters, let me just say that I LOVE THIS BEYOND BELIEF!!! It smelled inviting on the paper strip, and I can definitely see why people are comparing this to Lolita Lempicka - as that's what instantly came to mind upon smelling this on cardboard.

However, this MUST be tried on your wrist to understand what it's *meant* to smell like. There is still that tiny similarity to Lolita Lempicka in the sweetness of this perfume, but that's where the comparisons end for me. To me, this is FAR more mature, sophisticated, DIFFERENT and adventurous than Lolita.

My body chemistry seems to adore this as much as me. On my skin, after the initial hit of cherry and aniseed, it starts to settle into something else. Those notes are still there, however the delicate florals and the 'vanilla coke' scents starts to appear...an hour or so later, it all combines and you're constantly smelling your wrist because each time you're smelling something new, and I have to say it is VERY pleasant indeed (my husband seems to agree hahaha).

La Petite Robe Noire is honestly nothing like anything I've ever smelled before, the character and uniqueness of it makes it very, very worthy to hold the Guerlain title. It's very rare with me but this one's become an instant favourite and will be my "special occasion" perfume from now on.

So, the long winded verdict? 10/10! A word of warning though, I do strongly agree with everyone who's saying *do not blind buy this*. I think you're either going to love this perfume, or you're going to hate it. So test it on your skin (not paper) and then decide. I already know the longevity of this will be outstanding...simply because I sprayed it once on my wrist hours ago and I can still easily smell the deliciousness now!

Love it, Happy Birthday to me!!!!

UPDATE 17/07/2013 - Longevity of this is insane, comparable to Angel in terms of how many hours it lasts on my skin. 12 hours MINIMUM. I've received more compliments than I can count wearing this too ♥

peferrarine
peferrarine

I just got mine (like srsly just now), so i don't have nothing yet to say about longevity or projection.

Metaphorical Review:
Very well-balanced between the sweet and the fruity side with in incensed background. It's a scent that makes me happy. Makes me wanna dress up and go out at night with my friends, letting the night be a sweet surprise. Makes me feel like i don't care, cause i'm fun, my friends are fun and i'm wearing some chic modern outfit. Like i'm the one you wanna be or wanna be with.

Actual Review:
At first you smell the cherries and the licorice. Black sour cherries. Fun cherries. If it wasn't for the licorice, the first sprits would be like teenager perfume.
Then you get to the roses. The patchouli is there to, giving a kind of incensed smell (the patchouli is there all the time, actually).
I don't know exactly what it is, but it is kinda fresh too. Not summer scent fresh, but enough so is not cloying.

Is a very good fragrance. Something some upper girl in Gossip Girl would wear to a fancy young party (not a club-electronic-music party, but still).
Is fun and chic. More suitable for colder days. It's sexy, but not sensual. Is fun-sexy.

stier
stier

"La petite robe noire" is totally different to anything I have ever smelt before. I also think it's very different to anything Guerlain has ever come up with.
It opens with a very strong cherry and licorice note, but there's something else to it that gives it a very mysterious and sexy accord. I think the bottle fits the scent perfectly.
I have to admit that the opening might be a little too strong but the dry down is just wonderful. It becomes a warm, cherry, nutty, patchouli scent that never seems to fade. The smell is very distinct so you smell it the whole time you're wearing it but at the same time it is soo yummi and SEXY!

I think this perfume really does make a statement; it's really addictive and seductive, but very young and playful.

It is very unique and the longlevity is insane!!
I know many people have compared it to "Lolita Lempicka".
I actually hate Lolita Lempicka and in my opinion it doesen't come even close to the depth and complexity LPRN has.

LPRN isn't the type of fragrance I usually go for, but it has something enchanting about it, that you just can't resist.

Be careful though not to spritz too much as it can be very overwhelmimg..;)

LOVE LOVE LOVE

fyetan
fyetan

I've been looking for a cherry fragrance and REALLY wanted to like this one.
It does smell like cherries. Unfortunately, cherry cough syrup to be specific.
And it's way too expensive to buy blind. Please test before you buy.

Sandyke
Sandyke

Lovely smell, girly and feminine. A little bit powdery and a very strong sense of Cherries in midsummer night.
I reminds me of summer, countryside, Paris, vintage, and washed clothes. I realy like this parfume but I don't know if it realy fits for me.

Aly135
Aly135

This perfume has a note that smells like whet ground when rains with cherry.. Im in love... that strange note makes the perfume unique.

Zoey Chloe Zender oh
Zoey Chloe Zender oh

AMAZING SMELLS LIKE ALMOST EVRY THING I LOVE <3

***

tourmali45
tourmali45

Pleasantly sweet cherries with a touch of licorice, almond and a rather unusual take on the rose- very natural-smelling beginning. I don't like licorice sweets, but the smell of licorice here is wonderfully appropriate - I think the whole composition is built around this bitter-sweet axis. This dark sweetness is the type of sweet fragrance that I can wear without feeling drowned in syrup, it's interesting, has character.

Jellybean
Jellybean

This is sugar overload at first spritz. Waaaaay tooo sweet. Don't get me wrong I do like sweet scents but this one induces sugar coma.
Besides that, cherry, rose, smokey and earthy notes are notable citizens of this perfume. It does have that smokey Guerlain signature, however I really wish it wasn't as sweet as this. Otherwise it would be wonderful young classy girly scent. Also, it does posses quite a bit of strength to it, so beware of closed stuffy spaces with wearing this.
I had my hopes high for this one, cherry as the main player, but poor thing is suffocated here; more like a cherry extra sugar added preserve. My search for that perfect cherry scent continues ............................................................................................

6mirgel
6mirgel

Before I test this one, I was absolutely sure that I am going to love it since it is suppose to be similar to Lolita Lempicka. BUT on my wrist La petite robe noir smells exactly like Haribo Coca Cola jellybon (jelly cola bottles). I definetely refuse to walk around wearing this smell.

xVal
xVal

This perfume is really pleasant to my nose.
Since the first time I smelt it, it smelled so nice, different and sophisticated.
It's soapy, but It's so clean and not too sweet.
Smells like a lady should smell.
But my bf doesn't like it. :(

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

Why do I love this soooo much?! First of all, the bottle is totally adorable and I just LOVE it. Then of course, the scent. It feels so fresh and light on my skin, and it's very faint (maybe a little too faint) and it never feels heavy or cloying. It smells like how I would picture a little rich French girl. You know she's not wearing B.S. Fantasy! No way! She's rocking LPRN because she wants to be sophisticated like her mommy, who probably wears Shalimar or something. She's sweet but sassy! I love how the cherry in this is so subtle and never smells anything like cough syrup, etc. The licorice is also nice and light, which I didn't think was possible. It's just such a lovely, fresh scent that I find unique because most cherry/licorice/vanilla/etc scents would be very heavy. Not this one. It's like a cool summer breeze. My only complaint is that longevity and sillage are not that great, but still, I really just can't get enough!

outofocus
outofocus

On paper strip, the main note I got was citric, and not much else...

A crowd pleaser, no attitude (whether in French or in English)at all, sorry to say this but LPRN perfume is totally forgettable.

Blackberryrose
Blackberryrose

So. much. cherry. This just lasts and lasts and lasts! It's very... noticeable, I find myself way too shy to wear it. This perfume needs a girl with an attitude, someone who's not afraid of standing out in a crowd. Either you love it, or you hate it, so it should definetly be worn by someone who doesn't give a crap!

Shtefitza

This one is going to be one of the perfumes we will read about decades from now!!!
Unlike anything we got used to sniffing over past decades! Bravo Guerlain! Thierry keeps this house at the front of perfume tendencies. Licorice/anise infused fruit with Guerlinade at base... Something you gotta try!!! People will love it or hate it... your nose will definitely be intrigued.

Madrin

Ok, a re-view of my review. My second review. And this sounds very weird but... I love it! totally love it!
In my first review (2 posts below this one) I didn't like this scent at all, it was so overpowering sweet. But I couldn't get the scent out of my head and I've tried it again. And it's so much more complex than I initially thought. It's not just a blast of cherry. It opens very sweet and fruity, but after half an hour or so, there's a warm vanilla scent that lasts, mixed with a little bit of cherry tea. Very warm and comforting. It smells a little like 'vanilla in the mist' (the Lush soap) with a little bit of red fruits.

I'm hesitating to purchase it though, because so many people say they hate it. But I'm so glad I gave this a second chance.

Maybe I accidentally mixed two perfumes last time.

freddinos
freddinos

Strong and thick cherry syrup, drizzled over candied licorice and bitter almond essence. Not my taste at all, and I find the name very irrelevant to the perfume. This is not a little black dress, it is a satin pink prom dress bordering between cute and kitsch

Madrin

Hmjm, what shall I say... Guerlain has a different image of black robes than I do. I was expecting a delicate scent, but on me, this scent is not delicate at all. It smells like candy (very heavy smelling candy). It's an intriguing scent and I couldn't help myself smelling my wrists, but that was just because it was so... weird. For a perfume.

Addict2Perfume
Addict2Perfume

Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire is like a tea party on a sunny afternoon. I know the marketing towards this fragrance was "the little black dress", but I feel like that is supposed to give more of a tempting presence, like something you wear to seduce and I don't feel like this fragrance fits that persona. I see more sun dresses, floral prints, spring time, and garden parties rather than the evening look of "the little black dress". La Petite Robe Noire starts out as a burst of black cherry, sweet red berries, and a warm almond blend with deep licorice notes. As it begins to soften you can smell the fresh vanilla and sweet yet spicy anise with a lush pink rose and patchouli. There is a strong underlying tea note that continues throughout the life of the fragrance making this a very feminine and lady-like scent. I absolutely adore this fragrance and the bottle, but I wear this during the day with formal /colorful dresses rather than at night with the "little black dress".

Anissa
Anissa

This is funny and wonderful. I can smell a lot of cherries, patchouli and almonds, but no licourice or red berries. Soft, sweet and longlasting. Somehow this reminds me of the smell in Lush stores. :D This really gets you in a good mood. Perfect for situations when you don`t have to take yourself too seriously.

missdietcoke1
missdietcoke1

100% agreed with RAYHANAH, EDP is way too strong, but EDT is a beauty. Such a happy, balanced fragrance.

LOLAISA
LOLAISA

It is a first negative review on perfume I make and this in first one in my dislike list...

First time i smelled it from the bottle in perfume boutique in Monaco I found it very sweet ordinary cherry like scent, but on person it smells very different...

Then I found out that one of my colleagues is using it, she likes the sweet perfumes and loves this one. But unfortunately it smells horrible on her, very sickening, disturbing sweat like scent. No one in out team found it pleasant, no one likes to catch the smell of it... I thought that may be it does not work with her chemistry, but we got new part time colleague that uses this also; It smells on her the same way, unpleasant... And silage and longevity is unfortunately incredible;

I work in department store and see allot of people everyday, every time someone using it I recognize it immoderately, it smells the same from every one.

Not at all a small black dress suitable scent to me, there is no charm, no elegance;

daisygirl
daisygirl

I really wanted to love this and be able to wear it with my red or black dresses but unfortunately for me I just get hair spray smell when I spray this on. I hoped the dry down would improve, and it does a bit but for me it is just aggressive, bitter and synthetic. I wouldnt say it's young and I also wouldnt say its grown up.. I don't know what it is! Unlucky for me - hopefully my chemistry will change and I will love it one day

Puddy Cat
Puddy Cat

this is a beautiful cherry fragrance on me that last's a good 9 hour's, I cannot smell any similarity to Lolita Lempicka

This reminds me a lot of Lolita Lempicka but not as bombastic. It's younger, less powdery. The sour cherry and red berries come off like sweet & sour candy. There's something slightly bitter in here, probably the tea, but instead of countering the sweet factor it seems to enhance it.
I think it would be a nice option for a girl coming into her mid/late teens. It's very sweet, but has some interesting facets.

antfarm
antfarm

EDP: Smelled wonderful and interesting in the bottle like a beautiful melange of licorice and berries. On my skin though, it is sharp, powdery, and woodsy with an unpleasant cherry-cough-drop-floating-in-bug-spray kind of vibe.

Devorita
Devorita

licorice smell...loud, not nice at all

RAYHANAH
RAYHANAH

This EDP version is way too strong but i got a completely different experience With the EDT, by the way the bottles look the same, however the little black dress on the front are different on each bottle.

Anyhow i'll review the EDT below.........

Well Well Well, what can i say? i was a bit scared to buy this fragrance due to the mixed reviews on here . However i can honestly say iam glad i bought it (EDT not the EDP).

When i first sprayed this perfume, i got bubbles, thats right, lots of fizzy bubbles, this bubble scent reminded me of a mixture of cherries, champagne and bubble bath. I must admit i did get stung by a tip of liquorice every now and then,but it did'nt interfere with the exeperience. However the dry down is amazing, it smells as if you have just came out of a shower but its not to be confused with a soapy shower, its more of a soak in a delicious bubble bath smell.

you have to try this frangrance yourselves, because as you know perfume reacts differently to peoples body chemistry. Likewise i can see this one becoming my signature scent.

vdxl
vdxl

Is this Guerlain? The fragrance is too much even for the gourmand line of Lolita Lempicka ( which has that specific). But this is a shameless release, because there is no Guerlinade, there is lot of (marketing) fuss going on, and no soul of fragrance: just a cherry-almond flavouring from a bubble gum that wants to immitate a Parisian macaron from Laduree. Not my plate of dessert. It is also horrendous that this one is to be found everywhere, while Apres L'Ondee ( even in EDT) and L'Heure Bleue cannot be found in most places. You greedy LVMH, you make Guerlain produce (cheap) candies. Shame!!!

For me first notes of this fragrance are shocking, too aggressive, too vibrant. Wanted to scrub it out of my wrist immediately.
However, with time it changes into moderate. Next notes are much better.
Bottle is great, but I don't think I could use this fragrance...

jessbug
jessbug

I sprayed LPRN and LL on either wrist to compare. At first my preference went out to LPRN; I love the cherry! It goes into cough syrup territory every now and then, but I also smell the cherry cola the previous reviewer mentioned. LL smelled kind of dusty and bland compared to LPRN in this phase.

After an hour or so, the base in LL starts to come to the forefront, and base-wise, LL wins hands down from LPRN, in my opinion. LL is just warmer, cozier, prettier... After a while, LPRN kind of loses its charm and almost becomes a little bit annoying on my arm.

Although I love the bottle and the initial phase of LPRN, I will stick with LL. I would have bought a bottle of LPRN by now if it hadn't been for the ridiculous price tag, but LL is a LOT cheaper than LPRN. I would try the two side-by-side if you haven't, to see which one you prefer! Might save you 50 bucks or so.

tokyomadii
tokyomadii

This was an impulse buy. That being said I really love it. Which is odd because I tend to go for the super fruity perfumes. I also have Loverdose, which is similar to this one. They do have differences though. La Petite is much more powdery and feminine. I would say though if you already have a licorice noted perfume you don't need two. To me the cherry/licorice/vanilla/almond blend comes off a bit like Cherry Cola! I do mean that as a good thing, I love it. It is a crazy thing to say but I think i smell the powderyness as cola... haha Needless to say I wouldn't blind buy this, UNLESS you love licorice. =)

anna.glowacka
anna.glowacka

To be honest i don't really see that this Guerlain has something to do with Lolita.They are both very different to me and every has own "personality".
I also don't get blast of cherries or red berries. It settles immediately on my skin as rather dominant patchouli - vanilla/almond combination. I get a bit of powdery iris and it gets a bit synthetic at the end (cherries always have this artificial note). I consider this perfume as not too light or heavy, its just perfect.It's going to be my next buy. Really enjoyed wearing my sample.

Tovah

This calls to mind immediately Ouzo apertif. It's a scent perfect for the character of Corrie in Barefoot in the Park. Petite Robe is free-spirited and independent and it doesn't give a damn whether you like it or not. The bottle is lovely. This is sure to be a classic!

very lolita indeed!just add sour cherry to lolita and you'll have La petite robe noire in your hands.
I like it.definitely sour cherry and licorice are dominant notes.if you ask me,it's a floral fruity gourmand,not oriental vanilla.whatever it is,it's very wearable for young ladies,without limiting itself to a definite age or being childish.
actually to me it smells VIOLET.so I can hardly imagine little black dress would smell like this.I think adding some violet shadows to the bottle was according to the same feeling.
it's a nice surprise from guerlain,yet I prefer Lolita lempicka.

filmoyster
filmoyster

La Petite Robe Noire is a delightful fragrance that brings me back to childhood. It reminds me of my favorite black cherry ice cream. It's not a keeper for me however, as it is too sweet for me to wear regularly. Unfortunately is not my "little black dress" that goes with everything. I found:

The perfume doesn't evolve on me at all. It smelled as follows, except for a funny change at the end:

- Very sweet, and bright scent
- Pungent sour cherry that is strong and noticeable
- I cannot detect any licorice scent
- There is a very creamy note that I'm going to credit to the almond note

By the end of the day, it reminded me of the faint smell of a plastic My Little Pony. Very odd, but kind of cute.

*7/10 rating for its playful sweetness
*2/10 headache factor - this does not give me a headache

filmoyster.wordpress.com

Very gourmand fragrance!

Most of all I feel the licorice, almond and vanilla notes. It reminds Lolita Lempicka Le Premier Parfum a lot because of these notes, only the second one is more interesting.

Not bad, but not my cup of tea.

dovey
dovey

Back in my very early childhood days in a park that I used to play in was so many types of plants and one of them was a plant with fruit that looks like berries I asked my uncle that day and he told me its called BEARBERRY at first we were afraid that it might be poison then we tasted it and it was sweet

why am I telling this story ? :)))

this perfume smells EXACTLYYYY like BEARBERRIES
maybe a little liquorice in the back ;)

& yes it is a dark scent .....u have to wear a black dress with it

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

This opens with a BLAST of cherry fizz. It's almost overwhelmingly cloying, it's so intense. I like candy, so it's not awful, but even so it's a bit much. The drydown, however, is lovely. Vanilla, almond, cookies, a hint of licorice, a bit of musk... yummy! It's recognizable in the drydown as Guerlain, but is nonetheless a unique fragrance. I really like it, but the drydown takes forever (not kidding, well over an hour until the cherry fizz mellows). It's on my wish list, but probably for special occasions only, when I've got the time to spray well in advance!

lisa.b.radovanovic
lisa.b.radovanovic

An impulse buy for me... not convinced I like it as of yet. I will have to wear it around the house and see how it progresses. Love the bottle!!!

icingsugar
icingsugar

I saw this for the first time in Boots last Autumn, was immediately intrigued and sampled it, was in love all the time whilst wearing it and my lovely parents bought me the giftset for Christmas.

This opens with a heavy burst of liquorish and an undertone of what reminds me of cherry coke. This is by no means a smooth and easy to wear fragrance, the notes seem somehow disconnected from each other so you can pick out each part clearly, like most fragrances this does not last too long on me, maybe 3 hours at most before I need another spritz. But this is a really lovely scent, perfect for night time etc.

The lotion is also really silky and lovely, and the almost scent is more prominent in this. Overall I really like this scent, I do not wear it too often as it is a little heavy for day time and I never go anywhere fancy enough for this. Perfect for people just getting into Guerlain, this is my first scent by the design house but this makes me want to try some of the more "classic" scents by them.

janeyl
janeyl

My boyfriend (whose critisism of my perfumes is sometimes very annoying) gave it to me for Christmas. He said he loved it at the first time he smelled it, even when he saw the bottle he was interested in it. So this scent is very special to me. What I smell the most is licorice, cherry, vanilla and tea. All this is brilliantly mixed up together. Very sweet, but pleasant. Be careful with spraying it though. Very strong.

butterbean
butterbean

mmm...I could not resist this splurge purchase! On me -- this is an intoxicating licorice heaven!

I smell cherry and berry right off...then big blast of licorice and spice and a hint of rose. I love what vanilla and almonds bring to it ....and subtle spice that patchouli adds as it dries down.

The scent is a blend of hypnotic sweet licorice with just the right spice.

After 8 hours and even washing dishes ....I still smell a faint subtle sweet warm licorice and patchouli blend still lingering on my arm.

Dry down has that Guerlain iris powdery note (Guerlainade). I was told I smelled a little baby/talcum powder by my sister, but the sweet and licorice is still there. I usually hate that baby powder scent but in LPRN it isn't overpowering or cloying - it's beautifully balanced.

LPRN is a def fav! I always want to have this!

2/10/2013 edit - I just bought Lolita Lempicka (original version). I still like this one better. Lolita is more almondy and the powdery dry down is different. La petite Robe Noir to me is more sophisticated than Lolita Lempicka But I do like both.

judyk
judyk

I don't like dissing a perfume someone was kind enough to give me a sample of, but I also don't like fruity/florals, so it was inevitable.

Here in the UK you can buy a roll of boiled sweets called Sour Cherry Drops. Love to eat them - don't want to smell like them.

JHB
JHB

In addition to an amazing design this fragrance fascinates you with its smell. When you spray it you smell cherry, red berries and slightly bergamot! Important to mention that it is rather powerful and long-staying! Later you smell rose too! So I really love that fragrance and advice you to buy it if you love fruity/floral fragrances:)

xxxomichelle
xxxomichelle

I purchased this as it was on sale at sephora's with an extra discount since the box was damaged.
It's not what I usually go for (I love my sweet florals and vanilla scents) so I won't be repurchasing it again but I would gladly wear it until it runs out
The lasting power isn't the greatest, I probably got around 3-4 hours wear on this and the sillage is quite soft and inoffensive.

When I firsts sprayed all I got was licorice which is quite different to when my mum sprayed it (she got lots of cherry) so it really depends on your chemistry. 15 minutes in and I started getting some of the florals mixed in with a softer licorice. With time I found it got a bit more sweeter and that the licorice started to blend more with the florals till all i was left with for the remanding 3 hours was a sweet rosy licorice. I got zero cherry which I was pretty disappointed with since when I smelled it on my mum I found it to be quite intriguing and unique

Without the cherry it's just a plain sweet licorice and nothing special but nothing terrible either so I highly recommend trying out a sample to see for yourself

seashellbikini
seashellbikini

Y'know, in the past Guerlain has done "young and flirty" but managed to keep the scent sophisticated and complex. Chamade, for example. So I couldn't figure out why this one kept making me think of little girls at a tea party. Then I realized that it smells just like one of the "fruit" scented Strawberry Shortcake dolls I used to play with 30 years ago. Synthetic fruit (or as I call it, "froot") with an undercurrent of plastic. Disappointing from this classic house.

TheCountess
TheCountess

This smells gross. Cant believe how expensive it is for how bad it smells.

katierichardson
katierichardson

My mum got this perfume for Christmas after we admired the bottle in Paris last year. She's not really big on perfume and we weren't sure about this fragrance at first. I think she was worried it was going to be too strong, but actually it smells really lovely on her!
I can definitely pick out the licorice which is probably the strongest note, however don't be put off by this as I don't normally like licorice at all but this just somehow works. After it has settled into skin the licorice note is toned down and replaced by more of a soft powdery, even soapy smell.
La Petite Robe Noir is such a sophisticated fragrance and mum definitely enjoys wearing it on a night out. It's also good because you only need a couple of sprays to last the day, any more and it would be too overpowering and get up your nose.
Overall though my favourite part of this fragrance is the bottle which manages to be very traditional, yet very unique.

smellME
smellME

It is quite sweet and synthetic cherry smelling, but morphs into a nice liquorice and vanilla rose , that is actually really nice...but stays nice,and has no resemblance to Lolita Lempicka original to my nose other than the note - liquoruíce.
This is very sweet and I like my liquorice a little deeper and salty instead of the sweetness,
The bottle is pretty, but I am sad to say that this could easily been poured in a celeb bottle..sad but to my nose - true. Almost like a disney princess strong bubblebath...I am sorry but guessing my hard words is due to not liking cherry in perfumes.. I am very happy to have tried it , so thanks for the sample estherouttenar !
I will test the other flankers in time...

nimiel22
nimiel22

The first thing that came to mind when I smelled this was cherry cola.

silagelover
silagelover

Over the holidays a lady at the bay department store gave me a test strip of this, Im not sure what note it was (maybe the currant?) that was like an ice pick through my brain! It really made me want to sneeze every time i sniffed it, and lasted through the dry down. Aside from the initial unpleasantness this is just kind of a "meh" fragrance for me, nothing unique just an average sweet fruity floral.

Way too sweet for me. Even for young girls I find it such a strong blast. I do not connect this sweet tart like smell with the "little black dress". So IMO the name of this fragrance isn't fulfilling the expectations.

white.widow
white.widow

Incredible longetivity, the first perfume that stayed on me longer than two hours, much longer. I'd be happy with it if I didn't dislike this scent so much. It's pretty and all, but I would rather smell it on some lively and confident Paris girl. On me it's just too sweet and heavy. It became pleasant for me after couple of hours when it was very faint.

Sassy1
Sassy1

As much as I adore most Guerlain classics, this one's not destined to become one. At least not for me...
Strong astringent cherries with a touch of black licorice. That's about it.
Reminds me very much of B&BW Japanese Cherry Blossom, just 5x as loud.
I'd prefer it much more if they could leave the strength but smooth off the sharp edges...make it creamier and softer smelling. More almond? Vanilla? Some heliotrope?

Or, how about white chocolate...ooh, that sounds wonderful!

Update: the drydown is much better than the top..powdery licorice.

kelaemegrey
kelaemegrey

Dissapointment is the word that come to my mind when I think of this perfume. It reminds me a lot to my all time favourite perfume, Lolita Lempicka by Lolita Lempicka, but in a cheaper and more simple way... After some minutes, I can identify diferences between these two fragances, maybe because the cherry in LPRN, but I can't understand how Guerlain, which almost everything they made is fantastic, ended formulating this joke and this total rip off. I'm really upset.

xx

Jayela
Jayela

it reminds me grandma. REALLY DONT LİKE İT. If you re a floral scent lover, keep your hands away from it. I am serious. fruty. hidiously. smell the bottle first. before your wrist

Miss Mego
Miss Mego

When I first sprayed this I thought the cherry blast was too overpowering. It quickly mellowed into a nice spicy vanilla licorice. This was actually a lot spicier in the dry down than I was expecting and that actually made me like it even more. I have Lolita Lempicka and while I do think they are similar I think LPRN is slightly more modern with the strong cherry top note, and it doesn't have the same powdery feel that Lolita does. I love the smell of this and have added to my want list. I do wish this had more lasting power, the EDP only lasted about 3 hours on me.

emeraldgirl
emeraldgirl

Got this as a Christmas gift from my husband few days ago and have fallen in love with this EDP. I didn't test it beforehand I was convinced by other reviews. It lasts all day and the sweet top notes linger and mingle with the mid and base notes to create a powerful and irrestible scent in my opinion. It's not too over powering and doesn't smell old fashioned or powdery. I would recommend it to anyone to try.

This is now my favourite perfume. I would never have asked for this perfume had it not been for the glowing reviews posted here by others. I am know keen to try some of the other Guerlain scents.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This reminds me of cherry cordial, with the cherry and the almonds together. Very sweet, almost alcoholic quality -- I think its the licorice -- and then a whiff of some other red fruit. I don't get much patchouli or florals in this, mainly sweet fruit. But not candy sweet, definitely more cherry liquor sweet.

m4
m4

After a long time I tested fragrance that doesn´t smell good. 1st spray: sour cherries and red berries, after a while comes licorice which smells like sticky, burnt candy with some fruit. I don´t like using the words old lady but this smells like old stale grandma drawer full of old rotten candys. Sorry! better test before you blind purchase it. Only I can appreciate is very good longevity and sillage.

mylancome

On last Saturday, I went to a Guerlain counter to get 2011 Christmas eyeshadow Les Ombres De Nuit, the Sales Girl gave me some little tester tube of La Petite Robe Noir EDT. Before this, I had tried LPRN for few times and I don't like it due it smell like my hair cream.

This time the tester tube, it smells wonderful. Sparkling cherry, blue berry tea best drink in cold. And a little smell of Violets. It smells like the cousin of Insolence. (Ah yes, maybe the mall's tester has gone bad due to expose to strong light).

I think this perfume suitable for woman of all age. The young may like the EDT, EDP for elder woman.

It doesn't smell like Lolita Lempicka, LL's licorice is more heavy like herbal shop, like you rub your skin with licorice powder. While La Petite Robe Noir is like rub your body with Black Forest Cake.

About the bottle design, I was wondered why they use the bottle which was once the signature bottle of L'Heure Bleue? Testing LPRN and smell it to the drydown, then it make sense. I can smell like it was blended with L'Heure Bleue and Insolence. An Insolence upgrade version. You get the herbs of L'Heure Bleue and fruits of Insolence, and some violets & licorice.

Wish to meet the EDP soon and may it surprise me more.

Violettera
Violettera

Toooooo sweet and syrupy. I didn't like it although I have appreciated it's richness and lasting power. A perfume of good quality but not for me. My head and my stomach protested against it so I gave it to a collegue.

golightly
golightly

I've been trying to get away from my floral musks and I think I may have found the one for me. I hate cherries and cherry coke, but I LOVE pinot noir and Good & Plenty candy, which is why I think this appeals to me. Remember that scene from Sex & The City where Carrie meets Petrovsky for dinner at midnight? I imagine that the black cherry tea they drink would smell like this.

kikiki
kikiki

Love at first whiff? Oui.
This is one classy scent, without coming out as snobbish and cold.
Sure it reminded me of a certain Lolita Lempicka scent, but this one is different. Young but not childish, flirty if you will, but in a classy way.
Actually, one spray goes a long way. Moderate sillage and long lasting. Luv.

apollinne
apollinne

Is is strange that this fragrance is exactly the opposite of what I usually like, but somehow I find it appealing ...especially for cold weather, and it has that "Guerlain" thing also. Nice, if you want something sweet but not too strong. It's like a nice tea instead of a good, strong coffee ;)

limbaeck
limbaeck

smells synthetic to me, like cough syrup

Anja_Karenina

Updated review: This is definitely a linear scent on me. No wonder I can't seem to appreciate this one more; thought it might "evolve" during the cold winter days. Ughh what a bummer since there are so many notes listed.

UPDATE:
Yup. In addition to being linear, this is cloying as hell! I can't stand it anymore.

Hugsncuddles
Hugsncuddles

I love this perfume! I got a sample of this a while ago and fell in love right away. I've had to save up some money to buy the 100ml bottle, but it was well worth its price. I actually got the Lolita Lempicka perfume as well as a blind buy because many people here said it smelled similar and I must say I agree. I'm not much of a fan of powdery scents though, so when comparing the two La Petite Robe Noire comes out on top for me.

This is a great sweet, cute, but mature perfume.

pynkgirl

The best Black cherry soda I've ever had! Two thumbs up!

arxsyn
arxsyn

A brief skin test and first impression:

Expecting a classic white floral or perhaps a proper soft evening oriental I was really floored at how unexpected the scent was coming from a bottle that reads "little black dress" albeit in French. I immediately remember my days as a kid where my dad would buy cherry flavored cough syrup from the pharmacy. Which by the way, I hated. It simply tasted gross bitter simulated cherry medicinal taste. After that I insisted he get the grape variety after being thoroughly fed up with the stuff

However, the cherry in this scent is rather delectable, something you would want to eat in a candied form. Red berries give that juiciness. I don.t know how they made the frag smell medicinal I guessed lavender but the SA said tea leaves. Hmm interesting.

I also immediately mentally compared it to givenchy hot couture though a more refined classy take... A variation of the same theme really. Hc is indulgent caramelized raspberry / smokey spiced vetiver (reads as burnt tobacco!). Guerlain is sweet juicy black cherry / camphorous smoked tea leaf. Take your pick. Both Very youthful and playful. One is flamboyant, Provocative almost verging on trashy, the other more sophisticated but noticeably more edible in both the medicinal and gourmand elements.

The frag has good lasting power and projection. I liked it well enough. Didn't make me run out to buy it but nice worth revisiting
Mental note: must compare both at the same time.

onebadbaby
onebadbaby

This instantly reminds me of Lolita Lempicka, and although the perfume is not similar to Cartier Delices, the initial cherry note is.
It is sweet, but not in a candfloss way, it is more complex than most sweet scents. I am not sure if it is the almond or the liquorice I smell in the middle, but it has a warmth to it. I think it is lovely fragrance and perfect for summer evenings, or autumn days.

I have to say I can't see why Guerlain associate this with a LBD, there is nothing about it that puts me mind of one. To me the little blaack dress is Chanel no5 and nothing else. This perfume would have been beautiful in a more organic shaped bottle. I hate the little picture of the dress on the bottle, so cheap looking.

lovely_nona85
lovely_nona85

عجبني شكل العطر كلش حلو بس كيرلاين.مااحب عطورها ثقيله

nni
nni

this IS a very special perfume, despite what everyone says. i know it is listed as sweet, but actually the last thing i think of, when i smell it is its sweetness(because sweetness for me very often comes along with cheapness).i think it is a very intense scent, a bit warm and nutty but very sexy!
i absolutely fell in love with it and i think it is very unique! :)

oh, and actually, when i first tried this in paris (it had just come out back then) i smelt it, but because of hte fact that i am more into the floral scents of dior and stuff, i at first never thought about buying it, because i thought:" this is just not me" , but i caught myself smelling the sample i had got like every 2 minutes, and then i bought it and i am totally in love with it! :)

mademoiselle-c
mademoiselle-c

When I first tried this fragrance, I really did not like it. As many on here have noted, it is a little medicinal. However, I sprayed it on today (for the 3rd time), and I fell in love. At first, I felt it was medicinal. However, I tried it out throughout the day, and as soon as the Guerlinade hit me, it was love. I sit here, wearing Shalimar, finding myself craving those wafts of warm, delicious, sweet cherry that I smelt on my scarf all day long. The dry down of this fragrance is well worth it wait. It is sweet in the most grown up and sophisticated manner. Wonderful, Guerlain.

easybeauty.via giolitti
easybeauty.via giolitti

I really love this fragrance! my favourite! I think this fragrance is born for young women, is sexy and feminine (vanilla and almond) and young at
the same time (red fruits..) LOVE LOVE LOVE! :-)

Anja_Karenina

This was an impulse buy. I bought it immediately when the SA sprayed it on myself. I bought the 100ml bottle when I should have bought the 50ml because as lovely as it is, I have better perfumes.

Anyway, I was on the search for the ideal perfume that had cherries and berries as the top notes and I was debating on getting CARTIER'S DELICES before I saw this one in store randomly in September just when it was released. (I gave up on CARTIER'S because I decided in the end that it was way too synthetic and smelled cheap even if it is super expensive).

So as previously mentioned, when the SA sprayed it on me, I was in LOVE immediately. I have tested all Guerlain perfumes, and I never liked any of them. I thought that I could never pull one off for some reason. So when I smelled LA PETITE ROBE NOIR I thought "wow this is just the perfect cherry perfume that I was looking for". Now a few months later, I don't appreciate it as much as I initially did. It's lovely, but as I said, I regret in giving in and purchasing the 100ml. However, for the money I paid, the quality is definitely there. This stuff is potent so one spritz is more than enough and especially if you layer it with the body lotion. I don't really see why the site classifies this one as an Oriental Vanilla but on the other hand, it's not that quite fruity either. I think that this scent still has to grow on me and I will definitely wear it more often when the Holidays come around.

It's an interesting and lovely scent and the bottle is cute so the design matches the scent.

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

Mouth-wateringly sexy black cherry syrup with a hint of almonds. I can see myself buying this as a gift for somebody's honeymoon or something. If it lasted longer than two hours on me though I would surely buy it for myself, too :( It's lovely but doesn't tick the silage and lasting power boxes for me.

Sorry Guerlain

(N)

curvealert
curvealert

If only the top notes of this scent lasted a little longer on me...the first 30-45 minutes were lovely. The top notes are sweet but spicy enough to avoid being too syrupy. To me it was a cherry coke with a cheeky mixer, comprised of the tea and licorice notes.

I was on the verge of buying it for the Christmas party season (for which it would have been well suited); I am glad I waited. After an hour, even though the spicy notes are still detectable, the balance of the perfume is spoiled when the cherry syrup takes over in the dry down. Sadly it then smells more to me like flat cherry coke that has been left out in the sun.

Edit....and then I got it for Christmas. Karma is cherry flavoured, clearly.

HORRIDFRAG
HORRIDFRAG

The one that we have sold in Asia is the EDT version. In 3 different sizes, 30ml, 50ml and 100ml. I was so confused because I was informed that the full size bottle is up to 75ml only. Only then I knew that I had bought the EDT version meant for Asian market. (I think so...)

I would say it has almost the same smell like the EDP, (probably the EDP has more staying power, or more intense), smells like a sweet cherry cough syrup. Very sweet, and somehow quite strong too.

A great fragrance? Well I don't think so. Just a nice one.

primaka
primaka

Wow, I love this very much. This is guerlain coming out to the younger crowds 20's without smelling to mature. I still own alot of guerlains but this one is my fsvorite, since it has a playfulness but still very expensive smelling. As always it has a slight reminiscence of the guerlain "powder" smell but more tuned out. MY favorite, can't wait to purchase!

queen_jeeves
queen_jeeves

FINALLY this is available in department stores in New Zealand.

For me, I believe this is perfect. It gives off the air of 'I am young, I am cute, I am sexy and I am incredibly feminine. But you better take me seriously, or else.'

I understand the connection between this, Loverdose and Lolita. To me, they are like sisters- La Petite Robe Noir being the eldest and most mature, Loverdose is edgy, feminine and tomboy-ish and Lolita is the youngest, whimsical, a little silly and very cute.

annette kisha
annette kisha

i used to have guerlains cherry blossom years ago. reminds me a bit of it.
its fresh, a scent for the young at heart, with a subtle sexyness... nothing childish here, more a playful character,surprising and very down to earth.
every time i wear it on my skin, its always different... first the cherries, then almond, flowers fruits, its like smelling a open box of dried fruits.... sink your nose in it and breath it in...i like to dress as a tomboy from time to time, this scent is a nice contrast to boots and jeans....well done.
and i read so many times its a cheap smell for a classy name. so define classy without naming any brands....just use the idea and then smell it again... a black dress simply means it fits at all occassions, easy to put on and no worries that you look bad in it.

auroramaria
auroramaria

Paulanoog I totally agree with you on this fragrance.
When I tested it the first time I was quite disappointed, thinking it was not original enough.
I then decided to get the body lotion just to see if it was any better and yes I loved it straight away!
On that strengh I decided to give the parfume a fair chance since I love Guerlain so much.
I got a couple of samples and I have to say that it does morph from an initial cough syrup smell to a wonderful warm, smooth captivating scent.
When sprayed over its body lotion it's heavenly and lasts about 7-8 hours and then some.
This is now one of my favourite fall-winter scents.

paulanoog
paulanoog

Oh, dear. Where do I begin? If I had to describe this fragrance using only one word, it would be this: sumptuous.

This fragrance is complex, but not complex in the same way other Guerlain powerhouses are. La Petite's complexity comes in unexpected waves--unlike scent tsunamis like Shalimar.

This perfume is also temperamental, delightfully dynamic and playfully contradictory--to match the personalities of the women who wear this, perhaps?

Not going to lie, the first time I smelled this, it smelled like cough syrup. I smelled it on a tester strip, though. I don't think this was meant to be smelled on a tester strip. I think it was meant to be sampled on your skin. I had my sister-in-law smell my wrist, and she couldn't believe it was the same fragrance she smelled on paper. Later that day, it morphed into something else entirely, and she didn't believe it was the same perfume she had smelled earlier that day. It's dynamic and ever-changing.

When I first sprayed it on my skin, and it took on an exquisite cherry-almond scent. I want to call it gourmand, but it's not really. It wasn't sweet at all, and it wasn't bitter. It just smelled luxurious and true. The cherry holds fast the whole way through with licorice and anise shyly peeking out once in a while.

I don't know. I really love this scent. It's playful, yet sexy and serious. It's youthful, yet mature. It's very contradictory. It's not the same today as it was yesterday, and it'll probably be different tomorrow.

You need to test this to see if it compatible with your chemistry. Wear it the whole day before you decide.

Baldric
Baldric

Well I feel kind of stupid for being surprised by this one. It's no secret that it has cherry in it, I guess I didn't realize how much cherry.

Opens with a blast of cherry, I'm a little worried by the sweetness and it reminds me of red triametic. If I really focus I can pickup some nuttiness as well. After a while it loses the children's cough syrup aura and just becomes really really overpowering cherry with a kiss of woods and licorice.

In my opinion Guerlain has some of the highest quality mainstream releases. They last forever and they project well. This is no exception but it just doesn't feel as "classy" as most of their work, despite the name on the bottle.

This to me is not the little black dress of fragrances. This is your little sister running around in your mother's high heels with her "cherries in the snow" lipstick that expired in 1984 smeared all over her mouth.

And please don't compare this to Lolita Lempicka. It's not fit to lick Lolita's boots.

COSMICSCENTS
COSMICSCENTS

I want to bathe in this delicious fragrance! Just perfect!

MontrealGirl
MontrealGirl

Accurate notes of cherries, black tea and sugar. It also has a smooth transition from the high notes to base notes. I'm just not sure I want to smell of cherry bubblegum all day as it does not conjure any sense of elegance.

cherubkiss
cherubkiss

I did not expect to like this fragrance but I was hooked from the first spray. I love the total blend of this fragrance. First layer of cherries and almonds and then a layer of subtle roses and sweet flowers, followed by a very sophiscated drydown. An evening perfume that certainly as an edge and is just simply delightful.

colettemichelle
colettemichelle

I wanted to like it due to the pretty bottle and the images it stirs up in my mind, but I just couldn't. When I was much younger I had an allergic reaction to black licorice and, since then, have been wary of anything tasting or smelling of anise or black licorice. This, to me, smells of black licorice and cherries, which I imagine some must love. It also reminds me of Robitussin cough medicine. It's not that this perfume is terrible, it's that it reminds me of things I do not care for.

personagrata
personagrata

I was expecting something luxury and chic, based on the packaging, but no, oh God no, this is a plasticy, childish and I am sorry to say really annoying smell.I don't know what to think. I smelled it yesterday in a department store and instantly thought " this cannot be a Guerlain, this is a similar, not to say worse, to Victoria Secret perfume. I have nothing against VS, or this kind of houses, I have something against all great houses that assume that you would pay a big amount of money, just to have a nice decorative in your room and a cheap smell on your skin.

busik
busik

First impression cherry stones, some cherry brandy, but not Amaretto. Next a chemical breeze blew, and there was a thought in my head: "It seems to me, the first edition was much better," but not a test and has probably not happen ever. And then got the smell of dry dust. Probably not mine, and sat on me. Really smells sweet pop, oh, ... and what expectations were!

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

This smells like a kids cherry juice box && ludens cherry cough drops, I did not care for this @ all && I like cherry but this cherry was so synthetic smelling && for that being the most dominant note it's just to pungent on the nose. It's so funny how true it is that things smell differently to different people && I feel like the black sheep in the bunch b/c a lot of people seem to like this. I just couldn't get myself to like it though, when I sprayed it on the blotter && smelled it my nose cringed...then I said ok let me give it a chance so I gave it 5 min to dry down a bit...smelled it again...nope. && for all the comparisons to Lolita..No! b/c I like Lolita, but I do NOT like this, then again that's not saying this won't smell wonderful on the right person it does have a nice deepness to it && I'm sure it last hours on the skin. If you like cherry also try Ramon Monegal's "Cherry Musk." beautiful! :)

Overall: 4/10

chance25
chance25

Gosh this has a lot of reviews. Here's mine. Serge Lutens Louve meets Gucci eau de Parfum II. This melds the best of those two scents, a berry, almond, powdery confection. It's the sweet spot, it's love all day long. This is part of Sephora's favorite sampler for Her. I of course chose this to be my full bottle. Great deal pick it up, if you're thinking about adding it to your collection.

Paloma Lette
Paloma Lette

A creation with the most embroidered “black” notes, Guerlain have won me over with this fragrance. I received a sample from a perfumery, the packaging was petite and pink, I could smell the scent coming out from the tiny vile. At first spray, I’m instantly surrounded with black cherry, rose and tea notes, smelling hints of rose and red berries. Being Russian, black cherries are traditional in many Russian teas, tasting spicy, smoky and fruity sweets are typical among Russian tea drinkers, the notes within this fragrance are similar to the nose as they are taste of Russian teas, this scent brings me warmth in closeness to my heritage.

I was surprised to see that this fragrance contained licorice as a base note, at different times, this becomes more evident, mostly at first spray is when all of the notes are at “full bloom”, still remaining after a few hours of wear is that strong essence of black cherry and rosy smoked tea. It is a long lasting fragrance on different ways, not in strength per say, but the scent is always there. I would describe this scent as very soft spicy, sweetly topped off with dark fruits. This is more of a night time scent to for me, although depending on weather the “little black dress” is going to be worn during the day? I love the packaging of this fragrance, the colour choices, the story behind each bottle complimenting different dresses, but in terms of the actual bottle, it’s overly feminine to me, I like more sophisticated shapes, seeing as I find this scent more sophisticated, too much detail in a bottle is slightly off putting. I cannot wait to purchase a proper dose of this fragrance, as a lover of Guerlain products, I’m not surprised that I now consider this as one of my newest favourite fragrances.

Not only have I now become a owner of this fragrance, but I have also considered it one of my signature scents, instantly I loved this fragrance, being really the first time I had heard of Guerlain, but it took me a while to really gather complete appreciation for the scent, La Petite Robe Noir is so unique and thick in sophistication. I said earlier in my review that it was more of a night time scent, whilst I still confirm this as truth, I have worn this during the day, finding that it brings me just as much joy, and the scents compliment both day and night. I would recommend this to anybody who is darkly feminine and mysteriously seductive, I still to this day love everything that this fragrance entails.

fenia
fenia

i loved it!beautiful, fun, classy, sexy, right amound of sweet perfume!is it wrong that i like it so much even though i'm in my thirties?

vonwinklestine
vonwinklestine

Very sexy

lmktacwa
lmktacwa

I dig the super charged cherry. I used to love it when I had a very raspy and sore throat, my mother would give me a big spoonful of alcohol laden cherry cough syrup. I used to sneak it when I wasn't sick. Not for the medicinal qualities, but for that black, thick, alcoholic cherry syrup flavor! Call me childish. Call me silly. Call me cheap. But I like this stuff. I think I'd buy it just to wear it to bed. :D It reminds me of Tresor Midnight Rose... that same "thick" raspberry/cherry berry quality. I love TMR, so I guess I'm one of "those people" who likes "rubbish". tee hee. Whatever that means. To each their own. This is not grown up. It is quite young-lady-going-out-with-the-girls-to-do-girlish-things... like go to the movies to watch a Rom-Com and eat candy and giggle at the kissing scenes. You know... FUN!

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

Oh come on Guerlain, I expected better from you! You are usually a cut above the rest but this foody, fruity floral is just a smell-a-like of so many others right now.

I never thought I'd ever wash a Guerlain off, but I did.

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Boring, crowdpleaser, boring, boring, synthetic, boring. I hate this fragrance, I really really hate it. I can't believe people pay money for this. I'm sorry to offend anyone, I just don't understand it.

Theheartoftheflower
Theheartoftheflower

I was very keen on trying this one because I expected a lot from this fragrance. Guerlain brought out some gorgeous fragrances in the last years and I found the name and the package very appealing. What a huge disappointment this was when I finally sprayed it on! It is waaaaay too sweet, smells quite synthetic. The girl from the permufery shop says she doesn't like it either - for the same reason. To me, it smells like a glass of fruity soda that has been left on a table for 3 days and that's NOT good thing!

nada
nada

what a rubbish! I can't believe Guerlain would put their name on something so boring and not special in any way...

Young girls might like the cherry. But they could try something more interesting even if they are young...

Nirsara
Nirsara

This is a weird little fragrance...
I totally totally hated it, I even wrote a horrible review about it and compared it to what a men's bar in the forties must have smelled like. I loved the name, all the campaigns and all the cute bottles with the little dresses, but the scent...Totally bah!
However, a couple of weeks ago an extremely persistent sales lady sprayed it on me. In combination with my skin this perfume developed in a feminine and delicate scent. Now I like it a lot!
It's weird though... When I spray it in the air or on my clothes, I only smell cigars. When I spray it on my skin, it smells lovely and sweet.
Try it on your skin, it may surprise you!

nesca1502
nesca1502

This is a beautiful, elegant, playful and romantic perfume, the bottle is gorgeous and I love the fragrance, I usually don't like fruity perfumes but this one is just irresistible. It also doesn't smell like any other perfume I've owned and I'm really looking forward to buy it, I'll have to save though because it's a bit pricey here in Mexico (I guess it's because it was just released).
Definitely an unusual perfume that I'm sure will become another one of Guerlain's classics.

Margarita1982
Margarita1982

I liked it, but i think its just not for me!Beautiful bottle!

celeste.von weichardt
celeste.von weichardt

Very complex and cloying, made me sneeze and had to wash it off!

cherries Tea !

cherries, berries, licorice and tea .. delicious and not cloying .. Romantic & classy for a princess in her early 20's :)

Much better for fall/Winter and the lasting power/sillage are moderate ..

Likable :)

Fragaria
Fragaria

This commercial, bottle design and labeling are advertising perfection to me. By notes and comparison scents, I don't think I'd have a problem buying this blind, and probably will if I get the chance! I keep playing this every so often. Sweet, girly, charming, and very vintage-like. I adore this in every way. Good job advertising company!

mjloria
mjloria

so from the beginning i was expecting to don't like it since i don't like licorice (ok, i Hate licorice), but i do like La petit robe noir, there's something that makes it smoother than for ex, loverdose, or LL, actually i would say this is like a more wearable and less complex LL(probably the lack of vanilla and the fact that i love cherry notes) and i got no headache from it yay!, girly, playful and doesn't smell cheap at all like someone said, au contraire.
i probably wouldn't buy it because of the licorice note there bothering me, but i think it's a nice, pleasing scent. doesn't last on the skin but on my hair is still going strong since yesterday..

AlexandraM19
AlexandraM19

A bit of a surprise for me, not something I usually enjoy. First impression I get of La Petite Robe Noir is a shot of cherry liquor with some licorice. Thankfully the almond does some weird mojo to keep it from smelling too, well...boozy. On the contrary, I imagine that the lady who wears this is quite a classy one. The rose and iris are hiding shyly beneath all the sour cherry, giving La Petite Robe Noir a little complexity and femininity.

It's dark and lush. It's confident and purposeful but light-hearted and whimsical too. I love that it's sweet but not overly syupy sweet. It pushes to the edge of gourmand territory but it doesn't quite cross into it. There's something a bit vintage about La Petite Robe Noir. I picture a pin-up girl wearing something like this.

This is actually really nice. It's an evening scent for sure.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Another 'please the mainstream' scent from the house of Guerlain who's classic creations I adore. This is parma violet sweets with a bit of warm cardboard (vanilla?) chucked in. Not unpleasant but NOT worthy of the name of Guerlain.

godunga
godunga

I have a GUERLAIN, La Petite Robe Noir eau de toilette ♥> <♥

sweetgirl
sweetgirl

THIS SMELLS EXACTLY LIKE THOSE ..VIOLET PURPLE BREATH CANDIES THAT CAME OUT IN THE LATE 80'S , MY MA USE TO KEEP THEM IN HER PURSE AFTER A NIGHT OUT...THEY WERE SQUARE VIOLET COLORED MINTS THAT CAME IN A SILVER/PURPLE WRAPPER...THATS WHAT THIS SMELLS LIKE....VIOLET IRIS CHERRY BREATH. SMELLS GOOD , JUST NOT MY STYLE...CHEMISTRY IS EVERYTHING.

Majesty
Majesty

La Petite Robe Noir is a weapon of mass destruction,it can kill you,choke you,it has such a loud fruity,fabric softener smell that make me nauseous. Bubbly,girly,a fruity mess. It smells so cheap,I couldn't believe that this perfume is a creation of Guerlain. Smells like drugstore perfumes,loud and so offensive.Lasting power is average.Pass it!

mariasara
mariasara

I am a Guerlain fan, and I was disapointed with this one. It smells as if they had mixed "champs elysees" and "cherry blossom" in the same jar. Oh yes, and a little bit of anise liqueur. The result is not up to what we expect from guerlain.

miriel
miriel

Waaaay too sweet and fruity for my taste!!

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Cherries (as in Cherry Coke) dominate from top note to drydown. It's been three and a half hours -- cherries still abound. With licorice and tonka bean, the strength of the cherries multiply and sweetened by berries. Not in a good way. For the first hour, it smelled like bug spray scented with patchouli. It finally softened to faint cherries with berries but the sweetness is toned down by patchouli.

Hubby thinks it's not bad and doesn't think of bug spray. That's good as I will keep sampling this (thank goodness for Sephora). I don't think this is for everyone. This is different than the usual floral or gourmand out there. If I can somehow skip the awful top note in the first two hours, I might learn to like this. I might update later. Should definitely not buy blind.

On me,
Sillage: arm's length
Longevity: 4-6hours (nose to wrist)

Linden
Linden

The opening definitely boasts a strong cherry with a hint of sour redcurrants that I find appealing-but mostly as a topping for ice cream. I was hoping for something a bit more sophisticated and unique to develop as the scent dried, but instead I get a soft powdery anise scent that's very familiar... I like LL, but wasn't expecting something so similar from Guerlain, it's almost shameless...

pantorini
pantorini

This perfume smells expensive and luxurious. I WANT IT SOOO BAD.

małgorzata.kurpiewska
małgorzata.kurpiewska

It's a very strong and sweet smell, not a young sweet like for example Escada's scents, but a more old lady like sweet... It's quite classy, but definitely for a mature woman.
It reminds me of candied fruit and licorice, it's not sharp.

Tam
Tam

I'm also glad the slatings this fragrance received didn't dampen my enthusiasm. I blind purchased a small bottle today which was on a small promo discount. I'm glad I did as there is something rather enchanting about this fragrance. I have a high quality, delicious diffuser in my front room (fragrance is just named Russia) and LPRN has the same notes - smokey, dark fruit, spicy, and definitely tea but the black, rich sweet kind you have on a cold day, not the light, grassy green kind. Perhaps not for everyone and not a typcial Guerlain but something a bit bolder in a world of bland citrus and oh-so-boring-now pink pepper. Beyond the initial blast I don't really get Lempicka on my skin (although I do love LL!), I'm getting something much less sweet more akin to DKNY Night or Kate Moss Velvet Hour? Bit with a touch of that undefineable 'Guerlain' magic in the mix as well.

Helenhhm
Helenhhm

Wanted to like this but it was patchoulli over kill on me.

Second revieiw
Amaretto liquor, sweet vanilla and caramel provided by the presence of tonka bean in the notes almost automatically make people think of Christmas.
Add balsamic licorice root, balsamic, woody patchouli, woodsy iris root-there is a Christmas tree.

Too many of latest launches of tonka bean, patchouli, iris (with or without fruit, caramel or praline) perfumes leads to the same familiar olfactory result, so it's Christmas, and slightly nauseating so.
I do not know what one needs to do to tame the tonka bean and iris combination, but all fragrances so far I have smelled with this particular ingredient combination made me slightly sick. Trust me, I love cherry, but not Amaretto cherry, I like Almond (so-so, maybe), but not Amaretto almond.
I have to really brace myself to inhale the fragrance especially right after spraying just to overcome my discomfort and try to enjoy and smell positive good things about it, because I suspect it's not a common problem, just my personal sensitivity. I am just a little upset that can not be quite on board with you, dear "gourmand" lovers. I try to ignore Amaretto of Tonka bean in conjunction with iris root, but can not.

susana75
susana75

It's smell like cheery gum and then dry down to almondy flower , nice scent .

gothvixen
gothvixen

Vile. Sweet beyond syrup, sickly, juvenile. 10 year-old girls would consider this sophisticated. The LBD concept suggests Audrey Hepburn elegance, but this scent is more akin to My Little Pony on a sugar high.

Biliana

I wish I could meet the designer of the bottle and say: "Hey pal, you should have worked more on this!"

Biliana

Just tried it on my skin from the tester received at Limoni. So much reminds me of Wish. Sweet scent, I thought I wouldn't have liked it first, but now it is okay. Not my cup of tea though.

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

I will staunchly stand by this scent being as deserving of the name of Guerlain as their classics. It bursts out of its beautiful bottle with tons of dark cherries and bountiful berries. The berries decorated with rose petals and twigs of licorice, garnished with patchouli, sprinkled with vanilla and almonds. A veritable dessert without being a gourmand. It has the same flair as Lolita or Parisienne Extreme without being the same scent. It's dark without being gothic, lush without being oversexed, sweet without being candy-like. Basically a beautiful concoction that showed care and thought in its birth once again by the House of Guerlain. Sillage and longevity excellent. I love this as much as I have not loved some of Guerlain's classics not matter how many platitudes they have received. Night time or day time scent, it's an anytime scent. I interpret the little black dress as being a flirty dress, a corseted and lacy affair with a short bubble skirt, worn by someone with a light heart. A coquette. Not a man eater nor Jessica Rabbit scent. Once again I am very glad I went against the negative reviews and gave this beauty a chance. I would gladly repurchase. Again and again. Saving it especially for the days I wear Vivienne Westwood, Betsey Johnson or channel the cheesecake models of the 1950s.

I wonder, does this new re-release smell anything like the original La Petite Robe Noir (2009), which is so expensive and difficult to find nowadays? If not, it's a shame that I will never be able to compare the two.

This La Petite Robe Noir is surprisingly sweet and fruity. I loved it during the opening phase, but like my reaction to most cherry based fragrances, I soon grew tired of it. It reminds me of Cartier Delices; a beautiful bottle, a gorgeous opening and a mediocre drydown.

I would struggle to find the occasion to wear La Petite Robe Noir. It's a night-time scent to my nose, however since I never find the time to go out, it would most likely be sitting unloved on my shelf. It's just too heavy to be considered for daytime wear, at least in my opinion.

Opening with a sweet and candied burst of cherry, almond, vanilla and bergamot, La Petite Robe Noir was pleasantly playful, even if a little juvenile in its initial approach. It was a scent that showed a lot of promise, but unfortunately it settled into a somewhat bland, and in my opinion, uninspiring blend of glazed cherries, licorice, tonka bean and musky iris.

Gourmands have been extremely popular these last few years, and I get the feeling that Guerlain is attempting to latch on to this trend. La Petite Robe Noir is quite obviously a gourmand, particularly in regards to its foody-licious cherry, vanilla and licorice blend. Is it a well-constructed gourmand? Well, that's up to the consumers and critics.

On a more positive note, La Petite Robe Noir lasts. It also has excellent sillage, a heavy projection that can sometimes bother me. I think lovers of Insolence EDT, Cartier Delices or Prada Candy will no doubt enjoy this fragrance. However, do try before you buy.

akohk
akohk

The name LPRN made me think of classic sophistication and elegant simplicity. Instead, I found the fragrance offensive and distasteful. Just one spritz on my right wrist was enough to give me a headache and make me feel like a walking cloud of fragrance. It reminded me of Thierry Mugler's Angel, which coincidentally also makes my head ache, but which also has the added downside of making me nauseous.

ninaboo
ninaboo

Some perfumes make you sit up and take notice of the person wearing it and others drift cosily into your awareness. LPNR would fall into the latter category. To me this smells very much like My Queen by Alexander McQueen's little sister.

Juicy black tart cherries mingle with smoky tea; truly evocative of Russian Samovars..mmmm...I imagine this is what Aleksandr Petrovsky's kiss smelled(?)(tasted) like in SATC.

Not to be taken too seriously but nonetheless game for one or two cocktails too many and a sly smooch at the end of the evening ;)

RugosaAlba

I have just layered La Petite Robe Noir(latest edition) with Hermes Elixir des Merveilles(tiny drop) and...
I smell holidays, I smell Thanksgiving and Christmas in a very good way.
Together it reminds me one of the inexpensive candles(cranberry kind) I always burn during the fall/winter seasons.
Cherry and almond (the notes my nose always finds first) and cranberry dance merrily on the top of other beautiful tangy notes I am yet to understand (one of them is the smell of christmas tree and citrus from Elixir des Merveilles),
I like all the stages of La Petite Robe Noir, from one point you want them to linger, from another point you want that beautiful dry down to happen.
I would love to believe that rose brings the most beauty to this fragrance.
Does not seem cloyingly or sickening sweet at all, although smells of a gourmand and more.

Right after spraying La Petite Robe Noir I feel rich very balsamic licorice, which I like, citrus and iris. Citrus(bergamot) manages to survive through tha last stage of dry down, it's anchored in such a way that it produces an expensive wood smell.

At some point during the dry down I clearly smell earl gray black tea with bergamot, although this note does not stay, it's phantomy, comes and goes.

Also, a very light whiff of Guerlain's My Insolence can be caught from tester card during the drydown stage. And you know nothing else out there smells like My Insolence.
Unmistakably Guerlain of our times, paying it's dues to celebratory sweet mood.

Taliera
Taliera

This initially smelt really good, but on my skin it smelt like a combination of Coca-Cola, grape flavoured lollies & patchouli. A bit like a soft drink. Very synthetic and berry-like. I honestly thought it was floral-fruity/gourmand. Clearly targeted for the younger market, I found it quite vile - especially since it lasted on my skin for over 12 hours!

ScarlRed
ScarlRed

This scent is brilliant! La petite robe noire 2012 is elegant, unique and sophisticated. Beautiful scent in beautiful bottle

monamonib
monamonib

itried guirlan yesterday and it was copy from lolita lempica the original with soft hint of vanilla imean that if you have lolita no need for guirlan

framorena
framorena

After a few berry-scented frightening minutes,Belle d' Opium finally came... Nice, but I'll never buy something that.

lisa o
lisa o

I find it mostly synthetical through all its stages (kind of a barbie-goes-cocktail-scent)- the opening is cheap but nice with humour and the drydown offputting (sticky, smoky, unbearably sweet), a wash-off. the only black thing I can rely with this, is the blackness of fainting.
but still I enjoyed the first blast and minutes. red-fruits-flavoured gummi bears melting in your pockets...
and whoaa whole paris was smelling of it when the last version came out...

what I don't understand: how could you find this elegant? I mean, it's maybe fun to wear (if you aren't already choked before the drydown), or maybe cheesily humorous but..elegant???

I initially wrote a review for the wrong Robe Noire, LOL! Indeed, all these little black dresses are confusing, let alone the flanker MODE ON that seems to have infected Guerlain, too.
Once they made The Perfume and a new one after 4-5 years. Now they throw things on market like anyone else and it is just normal that both originality and quality suffer from this policy.

La Petite Robe Noir... mmm... this is just one of the many latest Guerlains that don't finish to convince me. It smells nice and quite Guerlain-style, but don't really love it right now.
I expected a much classy and elegant scent, instead here I smell a heavy loaded and chunky gourmand I could only wear in cold winter, if ever.
Very modern in the modern obsession for overly sweet scents as if women should all smell like giant candies, more or less deluxe version.
I like licorice root as a plant but here it is just too much and sugary. Very much like Lolita Lempicka minus the anise. Both nice scents, beautiful bottles and concept but tiring as scent and not too dynamic. They are like wearing an armour and be launched in the world.
For a real classy gourmand the old formula of Parfums d'Orsay Femme de Dandy was the top.
I don't see similarities with Cartier Delices which is even worse and smells like burned tires to my nose (maybe I have a strange nose)
I will try again when the cold will come I hope as later as possible.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

The beautiful scent. It has a great many stages. At the beginning I feel sweet fruit , smokily with the caramel smoked, never befor. I so adore this scent. Lightly it doses and I have not the problem with strong. :)
Is really so good and so elegant :)

whiten

I had so much hope for this perfume, I had finally smelled it ad well, those hopes are gone now. Too much cherry, too sour too generic. If I were to close my eyes and smell it I would say it was a celebrity perfume, certainly not guerlain! I love thierry wasser's creations but this? no no! generic, girly, sour! I loved the bottle though, I hope guerlain makes another, more beautiful please, perfume with a bottle like this, like the classical guerlain bottles...

fawnmarie
fawnmarie

Many mixed reviews of this fragrance, and I am still undecided whether it is a perfume that I want to invest in. If the entire experience were as fresh and sweet as that first black cherry burst, it would be perfect. I just don't know what to make of the overwhelmingly spicy, "perfumey" drydown. The occasional smooth trace of tonka bean peeks through, but is it enough to balance out the heady, spicy incense? I like the black cherry opening and the comforting, nutty tonka bean. I might purchase, but I may wait until something comes along that sweeps me off my feet completely. Undecided.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

Well, eaven if this reminds me lots of my Lolita Lempica scent, I am about to purchase a big bottle of La Petite Robe Noir edp and dare eaven take body lotion with. So I give her longer and more intense life. I consider its good to make different kind of things for a while. Not stuck in something, You know. And this is something new. Definitely, I just take it positively. Positive new scent. I do also love L`Heure Bleue and Mitsouko, L´instant.. and Chamade (just for name some). Its brave to make something out of "main line". And I give thumps up. La petite Robe Noir is imho very chic scent, happy and funny with full of positive energy. Its not serious, but gives some humor to life, playfull , yess, thats the word I was looking for. Playfull and Joyfull. And I do love this new Guerlain dimension. Life is a wheel of change, so there is also change in perfumery too. Its up to You if You can hold on that wheel. *Smiles*

maiju
maiju

During the first 30 minutes or so after I had sprayed La Petite Robe Noire on my wrist, I liked the scent a lot. It was playful, youthful and had this berry note I initially assumed was wood strawberry (but turns out was the cherry + red berry combo). A male friend of mine preferred the top notes of LPRN to those of Idylle EDT - personally, I don't think I agree with him.

After the first 30 minutes the cherry began to wear off, leaving behind what I consider a very bland scent. It's nothing special, nothing I couldn't buy straight from a supermarker shelf. Rather unpleasant, actually, and unflattering on my skin. Idylle, which I had sprayed on my other wrist as a comparison scent, was still going strong - if anything, if might've even gotten better than it was at first, which definitely wasn't the case with LPRN. Of course, this might just be a problem with my skin mixing with LPRN, so one shouldn't think that it's unpleasant on everyone.

As a fan of Guerlain products, I am quite dissappointed with LPRN. I don't think I'll ever invest in this and I don't know if I would ever recommend it to a friend, either. In my opinion there are much better scents in Guerlain's selection.

Well, my enchantment with the house of Guerlain fizzled out some time ago, and by the time INSOLENCE arrived on the scene, I had completely lost all faith. No more blind buys, I vowed, although I continue to test when presented with a vial, as I was recently by Sephora of LA PETITE ROBE NOIRE (2012).

The most obvious thing to say would be that this perfume is decidedly un-Guerlain, but perhaps it would be better by now to renounce the use of the word 'Guerlainesque' altogether. Guerlain is not Guerlain anymore. Nothing could be clearer to me. The bottle strikes me as a sort of cruel joke. So what is this perfume, if not what Guerlain used to be?

It seems to me that it would fit right in with the Lolita Lempicka range. I'd place LA PETITE ROBE NOIRE (2012) about midway between LE PREMIER PARFUM and FLEUR DEFENDUE with perhaps a bit of Jesus del Pozo IN BLACK thrown in for good measure. Licorice, cherry, patchouli, almonds, tonka bean, vanilla. Yes.

Upon initial application I was struggling to see the difference between the demeanor of this composition and that of a celebrity scent. However, I do own that the quality is higher than those sweet fruity patchouli perfumes. I am not convinced, however, that this is any better than the Lolita Lempicka launches on this very same theme. I do not put a lot of stake in originality in perfumes, so the question for me becomes: does this smell any better than its already available close olfactory neighbors?

The answer is: No.

Missinsolence
Missinsolence

Is there a new version as EDT? Which one smells better?

lickthetins
lickthetins

dark chocolate, black cherries, and tea. You can go on a permanent diet with this. the first notes are overwhelmingly sweet - you might regret applying it if you're intolerant of fruity scents. Then it relaxes into something dark and complex - soft, warm, still sweet but somewhat nutty - and ultra feminine.

I'm so embarrassed by the initial burst of spoiled berries that I want to apologize to anyone within 5 feet. After the dry down, the perfume matures into something more sophisticated and mysterious. Intoxicating, but you have to wait for it.

pauluch3
pauluch3

It's nice, but I used to have a drugstore body lotion that smelled exactly the same. The drydown is just a delicate cherry with vanilla base. It's quite soft, and stays close to the skin. Good for the upcoming fall, just your casual comfort frag. I don't find it elegant, and I wouldn't wear it with a lbd and heels. The bottle is beautiful, but too fancy for the content, I guess.

silverblue
silverblue

Ever since Thierry Wasser took over the nose of Guerlain, I have not bought any fragrance he made for Guerlain. This one is no exception. I truly believe the words Jean-Paul Guerlain once said that only Guerlain can make a Guerlain perfume is true because it is so evidenced in many ways that Guerlain has fallen after the launch of Champs Elysees. What makes it even more funny and sarcastic is that I keep hearing so many claims that Guerlain still hold its heritage well in their recent works. Guerlain used to be a pioneer in perfumery when Shalimar ignited the fever of Oriental, Mitsouko set the milestone for Chypre, and L'heure Bleue accomplished an olfactory poem of impressionism. And guess how much of this daring sprite & innovative tradition we can find in this little black dress? Nothing! The only interesting thing to keep it alive is the argument if it is another cheap fruity, syrup concoction or if this fruity, syrupy, patchouli concoction holds Guerlain's so called "tradition" well when there are so many fruity, syrupy, patchouli concoctions in the market already. Pathetic!!

I may not be into cherry fragrances, but I would say that this is one of the nicest ones out there. It's a juicy, ripe, dark cherry rather than a tart one like the kind in cherry pie. I smell lots of anise here as well. It's lovely that it smells like the actual spice rather than the burnt licorice smell that is found in Pink Sugar and Lolita Lempicka. I get a soft vanilla way, deep down under all of the other notes, creating an irresistible creaminess.

It's not syrupy sweet. Sweetness seems just right. It's borderline medicinal at times, but the longer it wears, the smoother and more balanced it becomes.

I can see how many people view this perfume as a "crowd pleaser." It seems like it could easily have mass appeal. There is a time and place for everything, and I don't see anything wrong with occasionally creating something that will appeal to the masses. After all, Shalimar may have been unique in it's time, but let's face it, everyone has it now.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

Love the name, love the bottle - disliked the fragrance. It had a very heavy fruity opening, somewhat overwhelming, and on my skin, developped no further. The fruity notes simply kept to the forefront until I gave up after several hours and washed it off...Oh, well.

Just_sniffing
Just_sniffing

Perhaps it's just my body chemistry, but to me,this is one of the Guerlain perfumes that actually lives up to the 'hype of the name'.I can't help wanting to smell it.I do not notice the anis.On my skin the cherries and tea truly come forward with vanilla- yet in a dark almost sultry way.It is far from sugar sweet on my skin and I find the drydown to be very complex. My only complaint is that it does not last as long as I wish it would.

aworleo
aworleo

I tried this perfom today and reminds me of a refined Lolita Lempika Original. If you like Le Primier Lolita Lempika, give this a try!

iMaverick
iMaverick

I haven't smelled the original or Noire 2, but this retail version is quite the Guerlain befitting the contemporary world of perfumes yet keeping aspects of its classic Guerlain legacy.

Not many will instantly gravitate towards this perfume, but for those who know Guerlain, they will instantly understand this perfume.

From beginning to end it is quite a mastery of perfumery which takes place in dramatic shifts. It opens with bright yet transparent berry fruit notes followed quickly by strong, spicy and slightly powdery notes of licorice and to my nose, a spicy carnation, though I suppose it could be the black tea note. At this point it reminds me of L'heure Bleue. It is bold, dramatic, sultry, dark and mysterious, like making your first entrance into a gala. Your confidence at this point should equal the perfume, or it will eat you alive.

Then, the perfume relaxes -- it succumbs to more elegant lines, beautiful and more hushed. The rose note blooms, it is sheer and delicate though by no means innocent. Those who know Guerlain can now smell the obvious accords of their Guerlinade, the foundation and core of its classic perfumes. The drydown smells old world, but not animalic, though it would've been nice to experience a carnal note there. It lasted a good 6 hours plus on me. Some might experience the perfume disappearing too quickly, but like many Guerlains, it requires a lot of body heat in order for it to radiate and awaken.

On the Sephora website, many can't really understand what makes a good perfume. Comments from a lot of people who lacked the maturity panned the aspects of Robe Noire where the same aspects should've been praised. You know who they are, the ones that love Katy Perry's and Rihanna's creations or love to smell like sticky strawberry jam. That's the reality and where the maturity lies in people's understanding of perfumes today.

I hope I didn't sound like a perfume snob, to each their own, but when I smell perfumes, I don't want it to smell like my favorite hair conditioner or room spray or God forbid like a car freshener or a Jolly Rancher.

I pray houses like Guerlain and Caron stick to their guns and keep classic perfumery alive and not to create forgettable nothings just to make a sale. This is definitely Guerlain worthy.

ju02
ju02

This smells Stewart's black cherry soda pop or Cherry Coke with a hint of black licorice in the opening. I like it but I am not sure of the effect it will have when people around me will smell it. I think it will be more intriguing than attractive.

whiten

oh I wish it would come here too, so I can at least smell it. I think the bottle is really cute, like the old guerlain bottles... and I have such high hopes for the new thierry wasser perfume.

pynkgirl

This smells between Iris Ganache by Guerlain and Tom Ford's Black Orchid. Not my thing!

Hairytrees1
Hairytrees1

Syrupy, sweet, jammy, fruity,licorice, spicy... this is so spectacular with such presence! It lasts for hours, and is absolutely heavenly :) reminds me of a heavier and fruitier Lolita Lempicka mixed with Chantel Thomass, it smells really expensive (it is,unfortunately!) I WANT this so bad!!

iritkaiaa120
iritkaiaa120

Overrated... Just a red berry jam...Childish smell without any sophistication.
Sorry, expected more on this one from Guerlain.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

Is it just me or does this smell like a candy or a drink?? Me and the sales associate at sephora were debating on what candy or drink this smells like but we couldn't find out what it was :( It smells good though...will update this review when I try this out again :)

EDIT 9/3/2012: This is absolutely HORRIBLE!! It smells like cold medicine on me. I wish it smelled like it did on the paper strip. Oh well, one less scent that I need to buy.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

very sweet cherry-licorice syrup scent. I wished it smelled a bit more woody. But I only tried it on a fabric blotter that looks like a dress size tag. so cute! I should have tried it on myself but I had run out of skin. Oh well. Next time!

Finally tried it on my skin when I got a sample. I don't agree with people saying it smells childish and bubbly... it does on the blotter, but not on the skin. And although it is sweet and fruity, it has that dark luxurious vibe about it. It is just a nice quality gourmand to me. No cheap black cherries here. I would rather smell this on people than other fruity fragrances and I say bravo Guerlain for daring a fragrance like this one, because people are usually so harsh on this company.... they always want the Guerlinade!!!

A distinguished younger perfume for an audience that does not want to smell all "Britney Spears". No offense!

jonr951
jonr951

Smelled this one today. It's very syrupy sweet. LOTS of cherry and berries. I like it but I don't love it at all. My cousin did so I guess this is what I'm getting her for her bday in 3 wks. : )

true_heritage
true_heritage

Went on the reputation of Guerlain and had it purchased for my birthday gift. They did not disappoint in the least. Very pleased to have a new scent from this house and even more pleased it agrees with my skin chemistry. It is a more fruit forward scent at start, however as it settles, it is very smooth and comfortable. It feels as though it is my natural scent and not a put on frangrance. How can one ask for more? As I turn 39 today, it is very age appropriate and suits my personality as well. Thank you Guerlain and Thierry!

Muzoona
Muzoona

عطر مبتكر جدا و خلطة المكونات جميلة و رائعة فأول طبقة تعطيك رائحة الكرز القوية مخلوطة مع الشاي و هو يعطيك بالضبط رائحة الشاي بالكرز . انا احببته و اشتريته و طبعا الثبات كما هو متوقع لا يدوم بسبب اجواء الخليج الحارة . و لكن عندما تكون بالداخل فالثبات جيد.

Very smart bottle and smart perfume. first note is intensive cherry and tea then it become woody with soft spicy. i love it. the longevity is normal. can last for 3 to 4 hours. depends on where are you indoor/outdoor.

if you love fruity smells. this is for you.

girlsworld
girlsworld

A delightful rich, dark and sweet fragrance without being too overpowering or sickly candy sweet. Lasts all day, rather addictive. Long lasting on my skin as I expected it too being a Guerlain fragrance.

mssallywalk2011
mssallywalk2011

Nice Very nice....

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This smelled so nice in the bottle that I had to spray it on. It's a great cherry and almond liqueur, dark and intense in the beginning with generous helping of liquorice in the middle and some fruity berries. It's heavy and syrupy, but really not very sweet, with smokey tea and the bitter almond giving it an almost dangerous edge. In the dry down the tonka comes out making it softer and a bit sweeter. Very interesting scent, for me it's a like not a love though. But I think if you love this you will adore it. Great staying power and sillage of course, being a Guerlain and the bottle is pretty (though I do wish the dress wasn't stuck on the back which ruins it a bit IMO). I would say it's more of an evening scent, and best reserved for colder months.
EDIT: This is now solidly in the 'love' category for me! Smokey, spicy, sweet, this will be very nice for the Autumn.

tidus666
tidus666

I've only just got this scent tonight up to now I really love the scent it has a creamy but fruity smell. I was a bit concerned about people saying it has a liquorice smell as I'm not a big fan of liquorice as a foodstuff but it doesn't overpower the other scents.
I am waiting to see how it lasts while at work tomorrow I do struggle to find a scent that lasts all day.
I would say this is my new favourite and hope I can still get hold of it after reading reviews of the newer version of this scent it sounds like it might no smell the same.
If I could describe the scent I would say it starts of quite fruity but then mellows into a warm creamy vanilla based scent.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

Well I "didn't mind it". Neither overwhelming nor underwhelming to my senses. For me to say that about a Guerlain perfume is unusual, given that it is pretty much my favourite parfumer. This was a little too juvenile for my taste. C'mon Guerlain, women outside the ages of 18-21 wear little black dresses too! It was like black cherry compounded with cotton candy, liquorice, tea and a dash of patchouli for warmth. It wasn't bad, but it didn't evoke an image of a little black dress for me. If I was to walk into a room in a little black dress I would wear it bloody well. I imagine entrancing the world around me in a sophisticated, seductive and mysterious way. This perfume lacked that the "je ne sais quoi" and the elegant sophistication associated with a classy black dress. Instead it evoked an image of a teeny bopper prancing around in a cheap dress with a spray of cherry-aniseed flavoured impulse spray. Would I wear it again? Probably. Would I feel great in it? Probably not. Sorry, just being honest. I do still love my Guerlain though.

fiammetta05
fiammetta05

I think it's overestimated, I found it pungent and distasteful.

Jazzy76
Jazzy76

divine.It's a dress code

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

احساس من همیشه این بوده که عطر ها را برای زمان های خودش استفاده کنم وبرای دیگران نیز لذت میبرم مخصوصا این خانواده عطر ساز همیشه پیشنهاد میدهم در مجالس رسمی ویا برای زمان شب بکار گرفته شود . معجون این عطر چنان مرد مورد تسخیر شده را برای همیشه جادو خود کرده.

kristalbee
kristalbee

I got an 'under the counter' sample of this as its not due out in UK for another couple of weeks. SA was gushing in her description of this fabulous new fragrance and suggested trying it straight out of the shower to savour its notes. After first spritz I was disappointed -yes nice sparkly juicy juvenile scent i would probably pass on to my 27 year old daughter - kind of forgot about it until half an hour later when completely different aromas started to surround me which reminded me of the corner shop down the road which sold licorice candy and pipe tobacco -the middle notes are never the less pleasant to my nose and dry down to patchouli and smoky tea which are more grown up but not 'old lady'. If i was wearing it i would probably apply at least an hour before going out and not re-apply. Little black Dress? no way does that describe this fragrance - more like kaftan in a Marrakesh market?

photoboothique
photoboothique

I absolutely adore this scent, but I can't see myself wearing it every day, as it is a gourmand type. The notes in here are my favourite flavours to eat (cherry, almond, berries, licorice and vanilla) so I am sure I am drawn to this fragrance so strongly because of this. The quality is so evident here, as with all Guerlain fragrances, that it doesn't occur to me that it is designed for the masses. Long lasting and absolutely enjoyable to wear.

jellyfish_monica
jellyfish_monica

I simply don't feel it's une petite robe noir, more like mini black dress with pink pops.

mylancome

Sorry to hear you don't like licorice. The perfume concept is to create something girl, candy sweet or bubble gum, and licorice is one of the main ingredients for sweets and gums. LL is a good perfume, but for me, just so so, not a outstanding one. Some little girls out there may love these.

LaPetite
LaPetite

There's such a big fuss about this new scent .
Apparetly there is a TV ad nowadays , because the saleswoman asked me if i had seen the TV ad and if i liked it , but as i'm not a TV fan , i replied her that i hadn't seen it , that i had seen an ad on the web .
In shops there is of course a tester bottle, but also a little miniatured scented black dress to experience the sillage , and a little piece of fabric that says "La petite robe noire" Guerlain , with the same patern as on the bottle for you to test the scent , and you can take it with you.
I have experienced he top notes at the perfume shop and they seemed nice, nothing outstanding however . I took the piece of fabric and got out .
Went to the library and suddenly thought , oh no , there's someone wearing LL's Premier parfum ... ( I'm a licorice hater) , then i have discovered that this smell came from my own pocket -__-
It is very sweet and very licorice indeed , even more than LL's premier parfum , if you don't like it, ou won't like this one either .
When the licorice note "calms down" then shows the tonka bean , but still not my cup of tea .
Besides this lcorice note that i definitely can't cope with , i really think this is a disapointing scent from Guerlain beacause it lacks complexity , depth , or whatever , this is just not Guerlain to me !

milkyway
milkyway

Whatever anyone says it does not smell like a little black dress to me..more like a sparkly pink mini dress..with an open back.
It starts off juicy and sweet. I swear I can smell Coca Cola in it. You can smell very prominent almond almost immediately too, it gives LBD an almost gourmand twist.
I can smell tonka, vanilla and black smoky tea in the dry down. ANise is completely lost to my nose..
A very complex and well crafted fruity floral bordering with orientals or gourmand (still undecided on that).
It reminds me of Hugo Boss Deep Red, but more sultry and longer lasting..

UrbanBeautiful

im now in france (in nice) and its being promoted on every corner right now.

by the way i forgot to mention: there is a minty note somewhere there for me. and its quite intense. so its not only the cherry but it smells like mint-cherry.. exactly like this orbit chewing gum cherry mint (i think thats how its called)... anyway... this smells exactly like that chewing gum tastes

UrbanBeautiful

i would call the new petite robe noir a cute fragrance.
the strongest note in here is the cherry. a very ripe sour-sweet black cherry from the beginning to the end. there is also a bit of something berryish and fruity, and with a tad of warmth coming from the liqorice. and so it stays fruity-sweet about one hour until the warmer and softer notes come out, and make it all a little more settled an less girly.

in its way it very much reminds me of the old miss dior cherie (before the reformulation) in its playful character. to me, miss dior cherie, with its popcorn note was a very adorable fragrance, with a very young, bright, sparkling and cheerful character. same with this one here.

i imagine a very chique and stylish parisian young girl in her early twenties... wearing her (old) miss dior cherie by daytime and this one in the evening, when she goes out in her "little black dress" to a night out with friends to a disco or a party.

its definately not a grown-up scent but very cute, cheerful, bright and flirty in its own way.

reborn
reborn

good idea!the previous Robe noir was hard to find and very expensive

La Petite Robe Noire by Guerlain 3.45 out of 5 based on 1774 ratings and 311 user reviews

Deodorant 3.3oz
Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.6oz
Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Eau De Parfum Spray 50ml 1.6oz
Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Petite Robe Noire by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Petite Robe Noire by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.