Designers » F-H » Floral Green « Groups

La Petite Robe Noire 2 Guerlain for women

La Petite Robe Noire 2 Guerlain for women
dislike

La Petite Robe Noire 2 Guerlain for women Pictures

La Petite Robe Noire 2 launches in February 2011. The unusual floral fragrance opens with notes of lemon, bergamot and galbanum. Marshmallow, iris and orange blossom are in the heart, laid on the base of leather and white musk. The nose behind this fragrance is Thierry Wasser.

Galbanum Bergamot Lemon Red Berries Litchi

iris Orange Blossom Violet Leaf Marshmallow

Musk Sandalwood Leather

Mademoiselle Guerlain

La Petite Robe Noire 2 Fragrance Reviews

andry
andry

Sorry for writing this, because this is definitely not a review, but too many of you is confusing this for the new 2012 version, but this is "Modele 2" from Les Parisiennes, discontinued now. They have nothing in common, the 2012 version is based on the "Modele 1" from Les Parisiennes line (also discontinued now), made more affordable for customers.

Edit: Now available as a re-edition named Mademoiselle Guerlain in Les Parisiennes line; smells exactly the same.

Lilii
Lilii

First of all I like Guerlain house too much and I have never smelled this perfume to give a review, I only want to say I believe it is very stupid to name perfumes like this with numbers. Every perfume should be a unique generation and have its own character, at least this is what I call a perfume. As a perfume lover,Calling perfumes 1,2,3 or sth like that makes me feel stupid. sorry Guerlain!

arxsyn
arxsyn

So I finally took out the sample of this from Sephora, which I procured maybe two months ago. I find it very gourmand. At first it is juicy then It smells like a variety of candy thanks to the marshmallow accord: maraschino cherries, cherry gummies and chews, heart-shaped powdery Valentine candy, and at times even licorice (the red twisted kind). Since there is leather, it adds a little bitterness so it can also smell like sweet cherry flavored cough syrup for children. I can almost swear there is a blast of medicinal menthol too which reinforces that image.

The aromatic sweet powdery smell does project well and lasts reasonably well.

It has the Guerlinade base and it really layers well with mitsouko that I'm also testing!

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

Paris in a bottle !
Mon Amour <3

LuluCoconut
LuluCoconut

For all the negative feedback that the Petite Robe Noire series has taken, dare I say this edition is somewhat better than last year. La petite robe de 2012 is definitely a gourmand floral, but somehow less heavy on bitter-sweet licorice (evoking Lolita Lempicka's frags par excellence).
Nevertheless it's got plenty of everything: sugar, maraschino and lemon peel in the opening; powdery iris and orange blossom in the heart and musk and smoky sweets in the base. Despite the fruitiness, this combo is all quite heavy handed and has an underlying boozy bitterness. The sillage is definitely there to match a satisfying longevity that never lacks in sweetness.
That's why I think this sugar-trimmed jammy perfume cheats on the less-is-more idea of the little black dress.

Bottom line: sweet, powdery with a dash of boozyness. Moderate application is advised.

Deppaholic

Update. I just read my review and I meant to say not gourmand. Sorry for the confusion. I will add that it is pretty potent. No need to keep applying.

Deppaholic

Typing this on my iPad, so FYI on corrections. I just got my bottle of the body milk. I can honestly say this does read gourmand to me at all. All I get is the smokey tea. It might wear better in colder weather. I will keep and try again later. As with most Guerlain fragrances, they tend to grow on me about the fourth time. Almost as if my body is reacting to a vaccine anti toxin. This is very old money and rich smelling on me. Guerlain is still my favorite house. I am going to go out and sample the edp. It might read different. This reminds me of something very seventies. It's nice but I'm not in love yet.

Natalie467
Natalie467

First off let me say that the dress on the bottle does absolutely nothing for the appearance of this. It looks like something out of an illustrated childrens' book. How about keeping the bottle as is and slapping one of those round Guerlain labels on? Anything would be an improvement.

As for the juice inside, first sniff I was so-so. Not as bad as the first Le Petite Robe Noire, which struck me as Le Petite Black Berry. LPRN2 is more floral, it's got that almost electrified sweetness much like My Insolence but not as sweet. Call me crazy, but I do love My Insolence.

Yesterday while in the store, the SA sprayed a tiny cloth (looks like a tag off an article of clothing) with LPRN2 and I got a 1ml vial of it. I purchased other things so the swatch sat on my kitchen table last night. While sitting here, I kept smelling something appealing and wouldn't you know it was the swatch of LPRN2, from 2 rooms away. This always happens. It does not smell as strong today.

On my skin LPRN2 really reminds me of My Insolence, minus the deep vanilla dry down and so-called cherry cough syrup top. It's definitely not a classic Guerlain. It's very likeable, I think the galbanum, iris, lemon, and bergamot keep it from becoming uber sweet (although it is fairly sweet, not an entirely bad thing) and the dry down on musk and leather keep it interesting, prevent it from becoming the generic floral fruity fare. I swear I smell vanilla in here, must be the marshmallow. Jeeze, the more I sniff it the more it grows on me. But I am a Guerlainophile, I have only come across less than a handful of Guerlain offerings that I dislike: Champs Elysees and a few of the Allegorias-but the Allegorias don't really count, do they? After all, IMO they're just one flanker after another, except for Winter Delice. I don't know, I haven't dabbled in the all. Not yet.

Would I run out and buy a big bottle of this? I *might* after a few more wearings of my 1ml. Now if a bottle of LPRN2 fell into my lap or was given as a gift I would happily accept.

Let me add that if I were going somewhere that required the wearing of a little black dress, this is not what I'd chose to go with it. It's probably the last thing I'd pick to wear with a little black dress, it's too playful and not chic enough for that type of occasion.

La Petite Robe Noire 2 by Guerlain 2.97 out of 5 based on 122 ratings and 8 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire 2 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire 2, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Petite Robe Noire 2 by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Petite Robe Noire 2 by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.