Designers » F-H » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

almond
gourmand
La Petite Robe Noire Guerlain for women Videos
La Petite Robe Noire Guerlain for women Pictures

The French house of Guerlain will launch their new perfume La Petite Robe Noir (The Little Black Dress) in February 2009. As the name suggests, the perfume was inspired by the eternal and fashionable clothing item for women. Just like numerous women adore black dresses, they will grow fond of this gorgeous gourmand perfume. Fruity opening of Sicilian lemon, almonds and anise develops into a heart full of roses, raspberry macaroons and licorice. A base is pleasant and sweet; it consists of vanilla, patchouli, smoked tea and musk. Its vintage flacon, characteristic of the first edition of the house of Guerlain, preserves ingredients of the perfume and it will be available in exclusive stores Guerlain. The nose behind this fragrance is Delphine Jelk.

Lemon Almond Anise

Macarons Licorice Rose

Musk Patchouli Vanilla Tea

La Petite Robe Noire
Cerise Amande

La Petite Robe Noire Fragrance Reviews

ellina1984
ellina1984

This is definitely a gourmand. Vaguely reminds me of Lolita Lempicka, but this would be her younger sister, aspiring to becoming more like Lolita. I mainly smell cherries, but they are far too sweet to be interesting. I generally like sweet perfumes, but this is cloying, even for me. I find it has a distracting quality, keeping me going back to my wrist to smell it again ang again, but not in a good way. It just seems like too much. The same goes for the almond note. It is not an elegant almond scent, but a sort that reminds me of the artificial almond scent they use for confectionery sometimes. I'm sorry, but I don't like this.

Janey1966
Janey1966

I have 5 x 1ml samples of this bought on Ebay. I had already whiffed it in Debenhams and instantly thought of Lancome's Tresor Midnight Rose and a memory of Dior Eau Svelte from years ago. The Midnight Rose was more recent though and it definitely smells like that. It smells a bit like a box of liquorice allsorts but I love it so I don't mind! The beauty of having spray samples is it's virtually impossible to spray too much on..and I reckon that if I did I would get a headache, as it is a heady concoction. I've always wanted a Guerlain fragrance as I'm drawn to them in shops but I cannot afford the bigger versions so samples online are a good substitute. I do wish more perfumes would come out as body sprays alongside the usual body lotions though as they are easier to apply. Dior Eau Svelte is a brilliant example although that is a body treatment fragrance rather than a perfume as such.

Oh my! This is an amazing composition!
There are some fresh and soft citrus notes in top notes and warming vanilla and patchouli notes in base notes. And what I love the most - licorice!
It is not some teenager-suitable sweet perfume, it's a masterpiece! Elegant, modern and well-balanced fragrance which is suitable for any occasion.

Tuana
Tuana

This perfume is sweet and mildly sour at the beginning. Really playful and yummy. But after a couple of hours or the day after you used it, magic happens and it turns into nothing but LOLITA LEMPICKA!!! I just can't believe how two perfumes can be so identical..

darcy2
darcy2

I wonder what the house of Guerlain had in mind when they came up with the name for this. Were they thinking of Audrey Hepburn; or were they thinking of a time when a little black dress was a staple of a woman's wardrobe? If you had a little black dress back in the day, you could dress it up with pearls and a wrap, or dress it down with a chunky chain and a jacket...you could wear it anywhere and never be out of place. Perhaps that is what they wanted LPRN to be...a perfume you could wear anywhere. I can't help feeling they missed the boat with this one. I like this perfume well enough. But, If I were going to go out in my little black dress, this would be the last Guerlain I would reach for. Little black dress = Shalimar, Mitsouko, Le H'eure Bleu...La Petite Robe Noir = lunch, football game - certainly not out to dinner with my husband. Certainly not to the theatre, nor any dressy occasion after 6 p.m. Maybe they should have named it little blue jeans.

Lilii
Lilii

In general It seems that as time passes perfumes get worse and worse...really the best ones are still the older ones...the new generation of perfumes has nothing new to say.I do not judge petite robe noire as I only smelled it once from the bottle in a perfume shop because I was very curious about it...and ofcourse I did not like it.

VeronicaRoy
VeronicaRoy

Much too sweet and sickly for me.

Migalex
Migalex

Smells very much of licorice. Reminds me a lot of Lolita Lempicka, although it is much stronger. Lolita Lempicka is subbtler in every aspect. To me, licorice smells very gourmand, like a mixture of coffee and chocolate, and a bit more so in this fragrance than in Lolita Lempicka. This fragrance does have a twist, and a noitceable complexity, like Lolita Lempicka, althoough not so pronounced, and seems to be, from my viewpoint, quite well achieved. Personally, though, I do not like this type of scent, and am not fond of the scent of licorice in particular.

Justine Song
Justine Song

this is a gift from friend so i am very surprised that I really like it. for me it is a sexy winter choice, young and sweet. good to wear with the little black dress :)

Fruity, candy vanilla. Lovely bright zippy scent and still somehow formal. I disagree that it's age-selective: Any one can wear this with the right attitude.

Puddy Cat
Puddy Cat

my hubby bought me a bottle of this beauty for V day, he know's I am a Guerlain fan & this was the scent he liked best at the Guerlain counter & I am not dissapointed, I love it smell's very sweet but expensive sweet & very feminine, for me this is a spring/summer scent I think

smellhunt
smellhunt

Just lovely!!! There is nothing not to like; it smells like candies, like very expensive candies, if I may say... like the macarons at the "Laduree".
I don't think it is oriental at all, for me it's clearly gourmand.
The first note I notice is the macarons, followed by vanilla, licorice and patchouli. The rest try to surface, but my nose barely catches them.
My younger sister wears this (she is 24) and I like it on her.
There is something "girly" about this scent, which is unexpected coming from Guerlain, but as always you recognize the quality, that all the perfumes by this great House share.

goingblonde
goingblonde

I recieved a free mini,and the little bottle is absolutely adorable :)

However the scent itself smells like a mixture of cough syrup, rose and powder - :(

opallara
opallara

I absolutely love this. It reminds me of Lolita Lempika, but with slightly less of a woodsy twist. I got a sample of this on Sephora and bought a bottle of it immediately. It's sexy and remarkable.

mel4

This was a powdery scent with no bit of licorice that I could detect. I was quite disenchanted as I had high hopes from the description.

mel4

Way too powdery for me. I bought a couple of samples and am glad that the investment was small. I did not smell the star anise at all. Just a rather formal powdery scent

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

Today I got myself a bottle of this veerrry sweet and deliious juice. Yes, it smells almost like Flowerbomb Extreme, mixed with Lolita Lempicka but so much more sophisticated.
Well, maybe I am a bit biased as a "Guerlinista" and I am almost 40 years old but this brings me back candy moments from my childhood and as I love sweets anyway I enjoy the almond-raspberry accord in here.
The development of the scent has been described nicely here so I will not go much into it.
My suggestion : if you like or love Flowerbomb and/or Lolita Lempicka´s licorice fragrance I am very positive you will love LPRN.
I am not quite sure, however, what the name has to do with its content. To me, the little black dress symbolizes the finest art of elegance and for that I would rather choose a "grown-up" scent such as Mitsouko but nonetheless...I have gotten used to ignoring perfume names and just enjoy the aroma :-)
I have read many negative reviews on this perfume and I am not so much a gourmand frag lover myself but everybody needs a sweet treat once in a while, don´t we ? :-)

This one is a 6 / 10. Will not become a Guerlain icon and is not by far comparable to the wonderful "Oriental Brulant" (which I own as well) but at least costs only a fracture of OB and is nevertheless enjoyable on the days when I am suffering from the Peter Pan syndrome :-)

nikitajade
nikitajade

This is Lolita Lempicka's older, more mature and sophisticated sister. She knows what she wants and goes and gets it. The licorice and vanilla is soft and beautiful. I adore this perfume, I hope I can resist wearing it everyday because it is EXPENSIVE.

Solvita
Solvita

Similar to Delices by Cartier?hmm,couldn't find anything common in these 2 perfumes...For my nose it is close to Lolita Lempicka and Loverdose,may be because of licorice note.Not very gourmand

3ood
3ood

sprayed it on my wrist at the boutique and felt it was overpowering .. as soon as i left the boutique a cool breeze blew in my direction and suddenly fell in love .. this is for people who like sweet yet elegant gourmand scents .

eMCizzle
eMCizzle

I'm a Guy, and I own a bottle this fragrance. I've worn it like once or twice because I'm not as confident in wearing a perfume intended for Women. But I bought it simply because it smells good!

This reminds me A LOT of Creed's Love in Black (a perfume for Women which I also own!) LOL.

Judy_Cummings@hotmail.com
Judy_Cummings@hotmail.com

Just one word "CLASS" this fragrance has amazing memories for me - all connected with shopping at Harrods and discovereing LPRN at the Guerlain counter few years back!! Have been frantically searching for the same ever since- here in my wonderful city of Liverpool. The price back then was eye watering steep- but what I liked about it NO ONE else was wearing this wonderous perfume here in Liverpool(-;

floof
floof

I must say that I agree Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin is better and more gourmand (its actually my #2 favorite fragrance). La Petite Robe Noir (The Little Black Dress) is now top 10 on my list of favorite fragrances of the moment and I have over 100. I tried this without reading any reviews or knowing anything about it and was completely blown away by it! My mom loved it on me so much she got it for me right away :) she said it smelled like violet candies, and I totally agree! I would have never guessed the notes on this perfume because on me it smells a lot like those violet candies you buy in europe with the anise center with a little vanilla (although violet is not a listed note). On first impression, this is all I smelled (violet candy). It may smell like candy, but it is more sophisticated than that and I do get a "guerlain" french feel to this. I did not smell the cherry or lemon, but after wearing a few times, I smell both. There is also some indiscernable pulpy fruit scent. This is mostly violet on me with hints of the other notes mentioned and maybe a bit of almond and tea. The more I wear it the more complex I find it to be, and I seem to be falling more in love with each spray.
This fragrance is very nostalgic of my trips to france when I was younger, I always ate the violet candys and forever fell in love with the smell/taste of violet. It reminds me most of Killian's Cruel Intentions (which I also own and is very VIOLET on me), but KI is more of a true floral violet with a green quality and a woody, earthy base- La Petite Robe Noir is a sweeter, much more potent (but still complex) violet that I prefer. I am also a fan of Violet di Parma (single note sweet violet) and TF's black violet (violet chypre), but honestly this is my favorite. Funny that my Holy Grail violet perfume has no violet notes listed, but its true! It is by far the longest lasting of all of my violet scents. This is what I wanted Insolence to be, but the guerlian elixirs are much more special to me than most of the guerlains in every department store and very worth testing. The bottle is adorable and although $150 is a lot for a small bottle, it is still less expensive than many other fragrances I have in my collection and I think it is appropriately priced. I find it very long lasting and potent, which isn't usually the case with my chemistry, but this is the violet I have been wishing for, I almost feel that Guerlain made this just for me. It's just so close to perfection...
I think chemistry plays a big roll in this so try before you buy :)
I cannot stop admiring this, it is truly mesmerizing.

I have read lots of negative reviews on other sites saying this is ripping off Chanel and stuff, but it seems like those reviewers had not even tried the actual scent- I have never smelled anything from Chanel remotely similar to this and people forget sometimes that ideas like "the little black dress" are timeless and going to be repeated, but the juice inside is unlike anything I have smelled before- and thats whats important. I'm completely addicted.

libertybelle
libertybelle

Can smell the licorice right off the top. I think the lemon and almonds are very subtle. The smoked tea & musk emerged more with the dry down. I really do like the tartness of the lemon in this stage. I can't say I smell too much vanilla. Strangely, on one wrist the "cherry" note as described by another reviewer seems there while on the other wrist, the lemon is much more dominate. Nice fragrance but I'm not wowed as much as I thought I'd be.

alfiecronin
alfiecronin

Ok, I really enjoyed this gourmand and am honestly surprised to read how others didn't like it. I do agree, though, that as a gourmand goes, it doesn't compare to Gourmand Coquin. Every single bottle in the Elixirs Charnels series is mouthwateringly delicious with Coquin taking top prize.

The bottle is absolutely gorgeous, very deep, dark and mysterious just like the perfume. It almost looks (and smells) a little witchy! The licorice and lemon notes really pop and the vanilla dry down is not an obvious one, which some Guerlain lovers miss. I can find no cherry notes listed but I can easily see how someone would mistakenly think the fruity notes are cherry. I think this is an excellent choice of fragrance for bewitching someone!

If you are into gourmands and are interested in trying Guerlain, you must try these three: Moscou, Gourmand Coquin and La Petite Robe Noir. I would also highly recommend Plus Que Jamais and Mon Precieux Nectar to sample.

Wim Janssens
Wim Janssens

It's all personal taste, but it's a fantastic creation!

It reminds me about my childhood.

What gourmand means for someone, can be something completely different then what it means to someone else... .

La Petite Robe Noir, is due to his ingrediënts really gourmand, no doubt about it.

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

I waited for several months before this fragrance finally became available for testing in the Guerlain boutique near me. My expectations were high, and my prolonged anticipation and the fact that the scent was always sold out whenever I visited, led me to believe that it was going to be amazing.

I wasn't blown away when the SA finally sprayed it on my wrist, nor was I truly disappointed. It is, as described, a fruity gourmand and it's very smooth, very cheerful, but not very Guerlain.

This fragrance lacks in the vanilla drydown that Guerlain is so famous for and, at least on my skin, it lasted only for a couple of hours before fading away.

The bottle is lovely and this scent may be original and rare enough to justify the steep price tag; nonetheless, I came to the boutique for a gourmand and what I left with was Elixir Charnel Gourmand Coquin - so much more original and seductive and well, gourmand!

La Petite Robe Noir would be a great gift for a high school graduation or a sweet-sixteen birthday. It is very youthful and happy and fruity. The cherry and almond accords are smooth and more grown-up than expected, and the tea lends a smokiness to the feel of the perfume. Yet, I can't picture a sophisticated woman past the age of twenty-five wearing this scent. I imagine fans of Delices de Cartier will appreciate this one but if you're seeking out a gourmand and fruity scents aren't your forte, pass this one up and take a look at the Charnel Elixir line, or perhaps try Iris Ganache.

La Petite Robe Noire by Guerlain 3.27 out of 5 based on 312 ratings and 27 user reviews

Eau De Toilette 1oz
Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire 1 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Eau De Parfum 1oz
Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Eau De Parfum Couture Spray 30ml 1oz
Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Eau De Parfum Couture Spray 30ml 1oz
La Petit Robe Noire Perfume by Guerlain, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray Tester for Women
Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire 1.7 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
La Petit Robe Noire Perfume by Guerlain, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
La Petit Robe Noire Perfume by Guerlain, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray for Women
Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire 1.6 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire 1.6 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
La Petit Robe Noire Perfume by Guerlain, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray Tester for Women
La Petit Robe Noire Perfume by Guerlain, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
La Petit Robe Noire Perfume by Guerlain, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Eau De Parfum Couture Spray 50ml 1.6oz
Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Eau De Parfum Couture Spray 50ml 1.6oz
Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire 3.3 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire 3.3 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Eau De Parfum Couture Spray 100ml 3.3oz
Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Eau De Parfum Couture Spray 100ml 3.3oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Petite Robe Noire by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Petite Robe Noire by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.