Designers » F-H » Floral Fruity « Groups

dislike

nutty
almond
La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Toilette Guerlain for women Videos
La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Toilette Guerlain for women Pictures La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Toilette Guerlain for women Pictures La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Toilette Guerlain for women Pictures La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Toilette Guerlain for women Pictures

La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Toilette version was presented in October 2012. Top notes: jasmine, rose and green accords. Heart: cherry, orange blossom and apple. Base: white amber, white musk and patchouli.

The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml EDT. The nose behind this fragrance is Thierry Wasser.

Jasmine Rose Green Notes

frag-overdose
frag-overdose

This EDT version of LPRN is hugely made
available especially to the Asian Market, and this is
the one and only LPRN ever sold in Malaysia particularly.
This is not a cherry-sweet or sugary fragrance that one might expect by just referring to the notes, this is light, airy, fizzy fresh and tart-sweet instead of sugary, concocted in a playfully vibrant musk and patchouli base.

I haven't get the chance to try out the other many versions of LPRN, i.e EDP, the Couture etc, therefore I can't compare how they differ. Yet, this EDT version is sure enough a concoction to cherish for.

wayway2hotinaz
wayway2hotinaz

Beautiful right at first spray! Rose and Jasmine! Cherry comes in pretty quickly after and then apple. Very sweet. Amber, one of my favorites, comes in a couple of hours later, but by then the scent is fading quite fast. I sprayed again at 3 1/2 hours (and then again two hours after that). At first I was only liking this, but I really do love it! And, I'm not too young....hope it is okay that I love it :) (When asking my 8 year old daughter what the smell is at 2 hours, she said cinnamon applesauce.)

chinna
chinna

Being fresher and greener than the EDP and couture, the almond is most noticeable. But it is a dusty almond like My insolence

weegee
weegee

There are so many versions of this one it's difficult to remember which style of dress is featured on each version's bottle but this is the one I happened to purchase and I'm very glad to have it. I appreciate it more each time I wear it.

Is it sophisticated? No. Is it a "classy" Guerlain? No. But it IS definitely a long lasting, youthful and uplifting fragrance that creates a happy mood and makes me smile each time I wear it.

Cherries and patchouli combine to create a Cherry Coke/Cherry Dr. Pepper concoction that's a truly tasty gourmand treat.

Never fails to get compliments. When I wear it to work people tell me I smell delicious. That's a win in my book.

risarii
risarii

I love this fragrance, as well as the EDP.
While the EDP is cherries and smokey tea, this EDT is cherries, almonds and a feminine powdery note. It's bubbly and girly but also comforting and warm. I don't get the extreme "green" notes some people complain about, which is good as I don't really like green accords.
The silage (on me) isn't all that strong but it lasts very well for such a soft scent. On clothes, it lasts all day.

I know this is almost universally described as a perfume for those under 30 (some people say strictly teens!) but I disagree. Besides the fact that it makes no sense to categorize smells by age (since everyone is different and age really isn't important), it doesn't smell like typical "teen perfumes." I'd say, even based on traditional ideas of perfumes for ages, this suits anyone. It isn't overly cotton-candy sweet and the powdery note makes it less "little-girl" and more womanly.

This has become one of my favorite perfumes and I think it's great for every day and any season! Merci, Guerlain!

Orsyna
Orsyna

I love it!Sexy sweet long lasting. Wonderful on my skin :)

Jenge
Jenge

I really wanted to love this, but the mental image I get every time I wear it is a pile of cute pink cherry flavored mini marshmallows dusted with Comet cleansing powder. It doesn't make sense looking at the notes, but that's what I smell.

The EdP was too cloying for me, this one is too strange, maybe Couture will be just right.

Claire35
Claire35

I love this perfume! I bought it for the first time in February and I completely fell in love with it. It's very feminine and chic. It stays for ages on my clothes and the packaging is absolutely wonderful. Yes, this is one of my favourite scents!

tkomaigo77
tkomaigo77

It's fruity, fun and reminiscent of things like strawberry short cake dolls and other scented children's toys. The berry patchouli thing reminds me of Angel. Not in a direct way, but in the same way you might look at pictures of somebody's grandparents when they were young and say "ahhhh I see where your stature and your nose came from." Not bad at all. Worth a test in the spring or fall when the weather is clear warmer and not too humid.

peferrarine
peferrarine

To me is the same as EDP, without the smoky incensed note that i get when i use the EDP. A nice daytime version of the EDP.
The same sour cherry, the same sweet flirty vibe, but toned down to daytime wear.

A really nice addition to La Petite Robe Noire family.

Juliana6
Juliana6

A lighter, sheerer version of the Petite Robe Noire edp (which is obvious), but also a fresher and greener scent. I smell the same candied cherries (with some alcohol added) just without that jam thickness I get from edp version, and there is a nice white floral and juicy fruit composition present. Like sitting in a garden, opening a box with candied cherries in dark chocolate and feeling a warm breeze passing through the branches of the blooming bushes and trees in that garden.
It's an edt, but the sillage and the lasting power are great. There's a bit of that French attitude in it -simple, easy, but still so chic and always elegant.
I wear it when I want to feel lovely, feminine and polished. There's just one step from feeling lovely, feminine and polished to being like that -ant that's the perfume!

auroramaria
auroramaria

I have had this fragrance on since this morning and it is still going strong excellent longevity and good sillabe glad i van use this version for the summer and it is is so sweet and lovely.

fiouu
fiouu

I like it a lot but to be honest this is like miss dior cherie, less sweeter and with cherries. To be more exact, smells exactly like miss dior cherie's drydown with cherry. There you have it. Of course I've raped my Full bottle of this EDT AND favor it over "Miss Dior".

victoria.mei1992
victoria.mei1992

Ugly and synthetic.

julieekerr
julieekerr

this is my 16 year old daughter's favorite fragrance. She tested it and fell in love. a little to fruity for my taste but great for the under 25's. light uncomplicated and pretty. perfect for spring or summer.
i preferred the EDP.

zzMaja
zzMaja

I have also tried the EDP which I love. The EDT just doesn't do it for me. There is something sweet and sickening about the scent that comes out on the top notes and unfortunately remains throughout the day. The top notes are too sharp and almost artificial or chemical smelling to me. Sorry, Guerlain becasue I really am a strong fan of yours.

CozyCat
CozyCat

It's not bad, clean fruity notes of sweet cherries and green apple, a touch of rose...but the dry-down makes me feel uncomfortable with it's sharp green-soap nuance. I normally like soapy (mostly warm, spiced soapiness ala Secret Obsession), but this is patchouli soap underneath some pink floral-fruitiness. I actually knew of a very inexpensive green soap (made in India I think) that smells just like this, it had a richer, sharper scent compared to other pricier Western brand soaps, and in my teens, I used to stick those cheap green soaps in my wardrobe to softly scent my underwear and clothes. LPRN edt also makes me think of room or linen spray...or just simply...out of bath after showering with green soap, toweling down, then dusting the body with cherry scented talcum powder. I don't want to smell like this personally, nor do I feel like it's anywhere close to being worth the price they're asking for it, it's just not interesting enough...but overall it's not horrible if you're into it, versatile, good for all ages, not just for younger women. Good sillage and longevity for an EDT, it lasted around 7-8 hours on me when I tried it. I actually prefer the cherries in cheapo scent Jean Arthes Amore Mio over this...happier, juicier, more vibrant, abit like cherry sour ribbons with jasmine. I would much rather smell like cherry sour ribbons and jasmine for cheap, than cherry juice and sharp soap for an arm and a leg.

LizzieBea
LizzieBea

If one could smell the color pink, it would smell like La Petite Robe Noire. Enjoyment of this perfume depends entirely on whether or not that is your thing. It's certainly well made. I respect the effort, but it's just not for me.

MandiPants85
MandiPants85

In the beginning I was discriminating against this one because the EDP was a little funky on me, not necessarily bad per se, I just couldn't like it, it was too soapy and sickly sweet. The other day I was in the Guerlain Boutique and the girl suggested I try this one. I love it! It's so fresh and airy. It lacks the licorice that makes it's sister EDP sickly sweet and the cherry and apple give an excellent balance together to make a very nice blend of fruity goodness. I find this one as well for an EDT lasts longer then the EDP (ironic right?!). I'm a huge patchouli fan too so this to me is a great scent. I think I may go back to the boutique and get it for the summer time. It to me is the perfect fume for sitting out on the terrace of a nice restaurant downtown enjoying a daiquiri in mid June early July watching people go by!

So, I tested accidentally EDT version, because those bottles are so confusing. Here it goes anyway...
I enjoy it a lot. It's very pretty scent. So girly and playful. Perfect for the beginning spring.
I can only sense cherries, but I love it. Very long lasting for a EDT.
So lovely.

zuleikarega
zuleikarega

I really wanted to love this perfume, especially because I simply adore the bottle and I love the idea of it smells like cherries.

I blind-bought this perfume, along with a Burberry and one YSL. I gotta say, it was not my favourite in this purchase.

I read the review and I really expect to smell lots of fresh flirty fruity cherries in it.
Instead, I smelled the orange blossom coming pretty strong at the beginning (I know it said the orange blossom is in the mid note, maybe its just me)
I somehow feel the cherry, but in a warm kinda way. More like a smell of a cherry juice that you sip in a cold winter, while sitting in front of a burning fireplace (I apologise for any absurd imagination there lol i hope you get the idea).

I still like it, but couldn't love it.

Its lingers pretty nicely on my skin, I still smells it after hours, and it lingers even longer on my jacket. Two hours after I first sprayed it on my wrist, I showered, and still somehow smelled it there.
Its a girly scent, absolutely. The kind of warm feminine scent.

It is different from what I expected but was not that bad that I would put it on the bottom shelf in my perfume cabinet.

mylancome
mylancome

At first I really dislike the EDT, smell like hair spray. But since Guerlain SA gave me a miniature with my EDP set purchase, I can give it a try again.

I give it few dabs on my arm and front chest, and sit in a cooling room. That smell, like I can fly. I sit on Business Class flight, looking out from the plane window, the sky was in dark blue with some little stars and town lights on the bottom.

From the blog, Pink Manhattan described that strange feeling for me, it is a direct descendant of Vol De Nuit. Oh, a 2000 era Vol De Nuit! Takes me fly to the moon.

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

Joan Marie Bauman mentioned below that Hermes and Guerlain only use natural essences. This would explain why both 24 rue Faubourg and this perfume broke me out.
I really adore it, I love the rosey, vanillary, maraschino cherry compotte so much. It projects. It stays, the sillage is amazing (7hours and counting!). It's cute, cozy, warm and comforting... it smells of Guerlinade.
It has this slightly masculine edge on me as well which I appreciate and respect in well made perfumes.
But I won't be able to use it since I'm getting an allergic reaction to it.
It's the beast of this beauty :-( very sad.

AnnBerg
AnnBerg

I really like this fragrance but I don´t love it. It is light, soapy and a bit sweet. At fist I smell mostly cherries and after a while cherries, roses and musk. I find it light, classy and sweet. It is longlasting but the sillage is not that good, however it melts into my skin in a nice way.

limbaeck
limbaeck

Totally agree with Kelly Marie, I didn't like in the first place, then I gave it another try and wow...in love! I also think it is perfect for spring and will try to combine with Chloe, roses + cherries, yumm!
What I really like about it is that it lasts long without being too strong as PRN intense is for me.

kelli.marie
kelli.marie

Eh it's ok. ::shrug:: A bit disappointing for my first Guerlain.

Edit: Ok I was SO wrong about this. Honestly, didn't give it a fair shot. I relaxed a bit after a hot shower and gave this another go--- it is very cherry. But for some reason I REALLY enjoy it now! My husband seems to like it too!

I layered it over Chloe Roses and it was just gorgeous on the dry down. Perfect layering scent or pick me up! It's quite good layered over the body milk as well.

Sweet and young and dreamy. Going to love this in the spring!

Hills by the Sea
Hills by the Sea

I get a blast of cherry on the opening and I can't get past this - it reminds me too much of cherry flavored children's cough syrup. This is not for me. It does settle down somewhat and smooth out in the drydown as some of the other notes come into play. But all said and done, this is an unremarkable fruity fragrance in a lovely bottle. I wish I could have liked it more as the bottle is beautiful.

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

Well I started my dalliance with guerlain earlier this year, falling in love with Insolence EDP, then the amazingly beautiful L'Heure Bleue and L'Instant, all of which I foresee being favourites for a long time to come. I tried Mitsouko which I like though not as much as the others and have had a brief flirtation with Mandarine Basilic from the Aqua Allegoria line.

So when the friendly lady at the local counter saw me passing and called me over to try this I was happy to oblige. She gave me about 6 small sample bottles of this (you know those little 1.5ml sprays in the piece of cardboard.
"It is really beautiful" she enthused "you might like this one".

So next day, fresh out of the shower I gave this a try. You know those cherry menthol sweets you can buy for a cold or sore throat - 'Tunes' here in the UK? Well this smells exactly like those. 30 seconds of standard Guerlain opening, after that there is nothing more, nothing less, just cherry cold sweets. I am not really a fan of fruity perfumes anyway so my opinion may be biased but this really wasn't for me. There was no depth, no nuance, no subtelty or intrigue, just cherry sweets.
I could not believe this was a Guerlain fragrance. After an hour I could stand it no more, there had been no development on my skin and it didn't warm or meld into my skin as other perfumes do, it was just sat on top like I had a half-sucked 'Tune' on my arm, so I washed it off therefore I cannot comment on longevity, though I get the feeling this would have given me a stonking headache had I left it on longer. Projection was moderate, so a shame I didn't like it.

This may suit those who like really fruity sweet perfumes, or those who have a thing for cherry menthol throat sweets! I think this would be a nice perfume for a young teen maybe, although for the price I would get them something different. Still can't get over the fact this is a guerlain! My samples are going to be stocking fillers for my young female cousins.

The first of a long row of flankers of a so called modern Guerlain.
EdP is not my kind at all, but at least it had power and distinction, especially in a market dominated by these sickening sweet scents with no elegance. I wish that that EdP smelled good as the campaign is beautiful but it's mostly about marketing.
EdT came for lighter tastes, it makes sense, not too bad, but really watered down and more in the stream of cherry&fruit, but also incredibly soapy like clothes detergent in the opening. It's a light perfume yet it can become obnoxious on skin or maybe it's just nothing special, but you keep smelling it while wearing and it tires. It keeps a good 2 hours to get to a soft and faint patchouli relief.
A total no-buy for me and yet Guerlain is going steam with this flanker obsession as any other perfume house.
Please, create something new and worthy.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

LPRN EDT is like the EDP but without the "oomph"; probably because it lacks that licorice note. It's a fresher version, fruity and pretty, quite inoffensive cherry. Smells a little like a cherry-scented shower gel. Nothing extraordinary, but pleasant to the nose. There is a slight shade of Lolita Lempika Fleur Defendue, these two seem to have something in common.

Mochahantas
Mochahantas

I blind-bought this. I like it, not love it. Like it enough to possibly keep it.

To me, it's the cherry version of Flowerbomb. Take out the heavy patchouli, add a boatload of cherry and some powder to the background and it's Flowerbomb with a cherry twist. It does NOT last long however, and I'm okay with that. It's a bit syrup-y to me and cherry isn't one of my favorites. Can come across like cough medicine to me.

Thick, syrup-y cherry, some very distant floral and a sprinkling of powder is what it gives me. Sillage only lasts 1 hour, with lasting power 3, maybe 4 on clothes. It def. isn't worth the price and for a Guerlain, I certainly expected more.

Do I recommend? Sure, why not. But must be a cherry lover and like sweet scents.

Dovey345
Dovey345

I really wanted the original but i recieved the EDT for a gift. It smells very similar but not as strong and does not last very long either. I love this fragrance, it reminds me of being a child as it smells like blackcurrent iceblocks we had as kids. It is very sweet, musky and slightly spicy. I would recommend the original.

ardentis
ardentis

Smelled so lovely in the bottle -- and so awful on my skin. It's giving me a headache and driving me crazy. On my skin, I don't pick up any of the musk, just powdery, sour floral notes. I can't wait to wash this off.

Kanz Oman
Kanz Oman

Herbal Essence Shampoo in a bottle !!! waste of money

jessbug
jessbug

I was expecting a lighter version of the original, but to me it's a completely different perfume. The EdT is nice, but I'm glad this wasn't one of my blind-buys, as it turned completely bland and forgettable on me.

The cherries smell sour and watery on me, and right from the start a nondescript fruity-floral scent starts creeping to the front. After an hour I can't even be sure what I sprayed on anymore.

I do think that with the right skin chemistry this is a real beauty, one that would smell especially pretty in spring and summer. Unfortunately (or fortunately, for my wallet), I don't have the skin for this, so I'll just stick with the EdP.

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

For me it's so delicious, delight & super classy

I am so in love with this EDT .. it's a very watered down copy of the original, less smoky, younger and happier with a smoother character.

green tea, apple and cherries, so fresh & sweet.

lasting power & sillage are good, I wish if it lasts longer.

too pricey !

sky74
sky74

A very beautifull fruit juice. I want it!!!

the_blue_cat
the_blue_cat

This one is not at all what I have expected! It's very similar to the original Robe Noire, more watery, less medicinal. But it's still not the cherry scent that I was hopping for. It doesn't have the depth that I was looking for, it's too "green" and soapy. The notes are all alright in my book, but the result lacks in personality. ooh: and the green apple note kinda spoils everything for me.(we used to have a very cheap "greeen apple" scented soap in our country and I still don't respond well to that note).

frezziq
frezziq

I go to the gym with " La petit robe noire" although I wear sport clothes :) It s fresh and sexy fragrance...

paojaime
paojaime

This perfume is gorgeous! It is sweet and sophisticated, you can easily recognize the cherries. I sprayed this on my wrist today to sample it, and I will have to buy it for myself as a birthday gift :) The opening is very fresh, slightly green. As it begins to dry down, I concur with other reviewers that it turns somewhat spicy. Almost has a pink pepper-ish feel to it. Once it completely dries down, it is a very musky sweet. It sticks to your skin like glue, and lasts very well for an EDT. After six hours, the smell is still strong on my skin. I love that the smell is consistent. I have many perfumes that are sweet/fruity initially and then loose their magic. This perfume is fresher at first and spicier in the middle, but I feel like it maintains its character. Also, it is way longer lasting than my other sweet perfumes, probably thanks to the musk. Love love love it.

kadinurr
kadinurr

Opening: girly cherry blast.
Then turns slowly into really intresting composition - I can't disdinguish different notes, it is sweet and round. On my skin it turns very soapy, but in an intresting way so that i can't stop smelling my wrist. Still the base is sickingly sweet (reminds me Loverdose) so i'm not sure if i can wear it indoors. It is not classic little black dress, too unusual for that.

scandi
scandi

I just love it. Tried it on at Mitsukoshi a month ago and the scent stuck in my mind so I couldn't resist buying it when I found in a taxfree shop at the airport.

The initial spray does have a slight shampooie feel to it, I got a feeling of just washed hair but the scent is soft, classy and smells expensive. Cherries, apples and almonds stand out the most.

After 20 mins it turns slightly spicy on my skin, I'm not yet sure if I enjoy this part, but I guess it gives this perfume an edge and makes it interesting. Funnily enough I don't get the spice at all when I spray it on my clothes.

The Edt is very different from the Edp. I didn't even realize it was the same scent in different strengths when I tried them both on. I found the Edt enchanting while I really didn't care for the Edp at all.

StellaXYH
StellaXYH

The opening is like crunching juicy cherries. I got a blast of syrupy cherry scent. Although I find it still a little bit synthetic, it's not unpleasant. It captures well the tartness along with the sweetness, and is actually pretty close to the real scent.

Once settled down, the cherry no longer stands at the front alone and blends with the emerging floral notes, among which the rose is the most detectable. If sticking the nose to the skin, the crisp green apple can also be easily detected. It then remains floral until the end, with cherry and green apple lingering along, adding a refreshing touch. It somehow smells like fruity rose candy.

Overall it's a sparkling and youthful fruity-floral scent for daily use in warm seasons. I do agree that the name can be misleading. However, like suggested by the cheerful and playful campaign, you can imagine that it's not a litte black dress that fits the figure perfectly, but with tutu and ribbon. Bearing this in mind, there might be less unexpected disappointment.

The sillage can reach moderate especially for the opening. And the longevity is quite impressive for an EDT. It lasted almost 12h on me. I'd recommend it if someone is looking for a cherry fragrance in a bright mood. Other than that, it doesn't have much else to offer. If you didn't give it a try, I don't think that you have missed much stuff.

HebaD'Opium
HebaD'Opium

This is just lovely, I have a sample of this pretty EDT I sprayed it first thing in the morning and it's perfect for spring/summer and i actually imagine it on a winter night as well, just before going to bed!!

It's opening is very pretty, on my skin it's all about sour cherries at first spritz but after i rub my wrists together (I do this to offer the perfume more breathing space and to have a touch of perfume to both wrists without concentrating it...i'm used to heavy perfumes lol) So the sour cherries, yes....tart with a hint of sweetness to it and i actually get a bit of patchouli with the apples and orange blossom, I dunno how they made it this time, every note is distinct but they blend so nicely together.
After about 10 mins after it settles down, i get some green notes but it's very subtle as well as the roses and jasmine which is weird they always pop on my skin but this time they're really tame while the freshness of the apple and the orange blossom are more dominant and the sour cherries somehow tones these two down. I think it's also because of the amber, its warmness is countering the effect of the freshness and we're left with a well balanced sweet-fresh-tart scent.
Now the musk, i think it's the anchor of perfumes, whenever it's there on the list down at the base notes I know that it'll be subtle throughout the experience but THERE ya know giving the perfume richness and well anchoring it. I love musk.
I think it's weird that the appearance of the notes on me are reversed and i can't seem to keep the rose and jasmine on me for long, they stay for another 10 mins after settling down then just they disappear. It's not sad, I've a lot of perfume that have jasmine and rose where these notes are "present" so it's a nice change for me to have them for a while then buhbye, I actually like this.
The dry down features patchouli, very well presented with the sour cherries which is the dominant note in this fragrance I like the dry down very much, it's fresh and has a hint of citrus to it somehow.

I'm actually impressed, i tested the EDP before and i think it's less impressive if you compare it and the EDT. I'm talking about the 1st EDP here the 2009 one which is has a very strong licorice note that made me hate the perfume. However, this EDT made me reconsider the whole La petite robe noire collection and i might give the EDP of THIS edt a try or la petite robe noire 2. I'm excited to try them now which is weird ;P
I might get it actually, it's not something I'd get but this year I'm trying to buy perfumes out of my comfort zone and experiment with fruity and sweet scents (which i used to dread and avoid)

BACK TO THE REVIEW, i tend to lose focus sometimes lol, the sillage is not bad, it's not so close to the skin but it's not all over the room, not bad. The longevity is also not bad it stays for 3-4 hours, but who cares if i had this perfume i'd reapply it whenever i can, it's very pretty, lovely and pleasant :P Chic in a fun way.
It's a perfect perfume to start your day when you're feeling good and wanna stay feeling this way throughout the day.
Do i like it? yes. Do I love it? I think I certainly did. A very weird thing of me to love such a perfume, a nice change for me.

pauluch3
pauluch3

I think it's the first Guerlain fragrance I'm willing to actually wear as my everyday scent. It's so wearable and fresh, very unlike other Guerlain perfumes. It is a quality product without being too pretentious. I love it!

*****

MLK
MLK

I loved this perfume from the initial spray onto my skin. It works a lot better on me than the EDP version which is too strong. The EDT is lighter and fresher and easier to wear.

The EDP has a very strong licorice smell which dries down after about 20 minutes. However, if you don't want to wait 20 - 30 minutes for the drydown and strong licorice smell, then the EDT is the one to get. I think that the EDT is suitable for all ages as my daughter (in her early 20s) also loves it.
Very pretty scent for day or night.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Pleasant, mainstream offering.

LPRN opens with a burst of sweet & sour roses, crisp Granny Smiths (almost grapefruit in nature) & that newly washed & tumbled static clothing buzz. It's fresh, warm, breezy & girly...& very far removed from the character of most Guerlain scents I know.

Is this a bad thing? That is down to taste: if you are trying to introduce your house to a new audience then this mainstream perfume will be a people-pleaser, but I can see it upsetting most Guerlain devotees.

After the tart opening LPRN settles down swiftly to orange polenta cake, buckets of white musk & a rosy fruit compote that is vaguely reminiscent of cherries (cherry fruit corner yoghurt, anyone?). The patchouli is tame with very little depth & oomph - but this creates a happy little fragrance. LPRN is more about smelling pretty rather than making a definite statement.

Not my idea of a go-with-anything little black dress...but then I'm more of an eccentric, bold dresser, anyway. Horses for courses.

Joan Marie Bauman
Joan Marie Bauman

Oh how I love this perfume! I love the EDP, too, and am delighted that the EDT is different enough to merit purchasing it, since I already have a big bottle of the EDP!
The EDT has good staying power, and, fortunately for me, I have the right skin chemistry to wear this perfume. My nose is enchanted by it, and I don't find any of the medicinal smells noted by other reviewers. Guerlain, I am told, along with Hermès and Chanel, are amongst the few perfumers that refuse to use synthesized ingredients. For example, I cannot use Obession or Poison - they turn to bad Savon de Marseille on my skin. Yuk!!! I can only use natural essences, a family trait shared by my mother and sister. So chalk it up to genetic influence, stop criticizing, and buy something else if this one isn't nice on you!
I absolutely adore this lovely new scent!

LaPetite
LaPetite

I really disliked the EDP , way to syrupy, to much licorice ...
If you are like me, you may like this one , it is much more "wearble" , i'm usually more and EDT person , and here is no exception , very peasant , and suited for a day wear / springwear .
Try it even if you dislike the EDP !

freddinos
freddinos

Wanted to try LPRN EDT as it appears to be very popular, but I knew from the notes that it wouldn't be 'me'. I cannot believe 'Guerlain' has put its name on this perfume, it is so synthetic and medicinal I had to keep sniffing my wrist just to believe what my nose was smelling. It opens with a blast of green notes, and very shortly after that the 'cherry' makes an entrance. Having grown up in a family that owns a cherry tree orchard, I have to say that this was not cherry. It was 'cherry flavor' if you know what I mean, that synthetic sickly sweet additive they put in syrups, medication etc to make them more appealing. There was no freshness,no charm, no real life, nothing. The ambery drydown was also a bit too much for me, but I'm just not a fan of amber notes. All in all, a peculiar 'cherry' sweet ambery smell, that Guerlain obviously created for the younger crowd. I guess I'm getting old...

Sweet, but chic, ladylike, perfect for evening. Beautiful bottle. I'm so happy that I like Eau de Toilette! Did not like stronger eau de parfum, and regretted a lot that I woudn't have this bottle beauty in my bathroom...
Now, can have eau de toilette bottle. Great!

Update: Looks like after more than a half of year of using it, I started to see its true value and love it. It is so playful! I mean, not 'very serious' scent and I love it for it. Perfect for evening out, cause it definitely says: I wanna to have some fun! I want to enjoy life!
Also, I love it cause it has some sparkling note, like champagne. Hard to describe it, but surely, it is inside and is lovely.

Jeongwonlee12
Jeongwonlee12

I JUST LOVE THE BOTTLE SO MUCH!! <3 but the scent is terrible to my taste..

lat
lat

I'm sorry but this is so awful! It smells like cheap detergent, plastic cherries and the opening is straight up cough medicine.
I'm giving my sample away, this sharp washing powder scent is making me nauseous.

Well Well Well, what can i say? i was a bit scared to buy this fragrance due to the mixed reviews on here and the reviews for the EDP version too. However i can honestly say iam glad i bought it.

When i first sprayed this perfume, i got bubbles, thats right, lots of fizzy bubbles, this bubble scent reminded me of a mixture of cherries, champagne and bubble bath. I must admit i did get stung by a tip of liquorice every now and then,but it did'nt interfere with the exeperience. However the dry down is amazing, it smells as if you have just came out of a shower but its not to be confused with a soapy shower, its more of a soak in a delicious bubble bath smell.

you have to try this frangrance yourselves, because as you know perfume reacts differently to peoples body chemistry. Likewise i can see this one becoming my signature scent.

aigilia
aigilia

First of all i love the bottle so gorgeous and girly! The opening i get lots of sour cherry then after an hour i can smell bit of rose, green notes, fruity and musky..fresh and lovely scent;-)

yidansheng
yidansheng

On the opening is a distinctive floriental fruity slightly gourmand type. But after one hour, here came the fun part: sparkling citrus; crispy praline feeling; fruity red fruit; and a bouquet of all colors of flower; vanilla gourmand still; soft but strong woody base with patchouli, sandalwood, moss; musk.

kosmoskukka
kosmoskukka

Licorice is much less in edt than in Edp. Yes. Thats right. Edt is much more fresher, like after shower spraying. Edp is more for evening. *Smiles*

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

I happened to have a sample of Guerlain La Petite Robe Noir Eau de Toilette and find it's opening somewhat similar to Diptyque L'Ombre Dans L'Eau (EDP) except it's sweeter and more complex. The tartness of the fruity opening quickly dissipated to give room for a soft flash of beautiful rose and a hint of jasmine before regaining it strength, in a pleasant kind of way. The dry down of this picks up a softer tone of amber and patchouli. As I always like rose fragrance, I would most certainly give it a try (if it is given to me as a gift).

La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Toilette by Guerlain 3.75 out of 5 based on 455 ratings and 58 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Toilette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Toilette by Guerlain. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of La Petite Robe Noire Eau de Toilette by Guerlain represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.